Speaker 1: Man, we all had that one teacher who believed in us. Show your gratitude with thank a teacher, powered by donors choose nominate a public school teacher to win five thousand dollars for their classroom. This week, we want to give a shout out to Yvonne Lackmiller, who is been to who's been teaching for over thirty years, nominated a teacher to thank today at iheartidia dot com slash teachers, Ben, did you have a nice Valentine's Day? Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 2: I spent it alone, which is amazing, So really that does sound really nice.
Speaker 1: It was, No, it was fine. Abby was out of town.
Speaker 2: My daughter had an equestrian show in Florida, so they were down in Florida doing that and she was performing, so I was how to go It went really well? Yeah, she did really really well, so super proud of her. But no, I spent Saturday night at a hockey rink because Little Wells had not a game but a scrimmage at at Mariucci, which is great. The little tikes out there on the collegiate ice, so it's a good environment. Cool obviously cool arena, but probably the last place I'd want to be on a Saturday night period, not not just Valentine's Day, but you know, a Saturday night at eight o'clock. Who, yeah, why wouldn't you want to be halfway across town in a.
Speaker 3: Nice schedules a scrimmage at eight o'clock on Valentine on these people?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know who's scheduled these things, but you know, you just see it pop up on the old sports engine.
Speaker 1: And you're like, really, Saturday night eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: We're not even a district game, just a scrimmage, rimmage, waste time?
Speaker 1: Eight am.
Speaker 2: Sure, I'm not sure i'd want eight am on a Saturday like we have a we have he's got basketball at eight am on Saturday mornings. Those are tough to get up for.
Speaker 3: So this makes more sense in Valentine's Day night? Correct, I no parent wants that, even if they're not going out to wherever sew.
Speaker 2: No musk and mus can probably attests to the frustration that I was feeling. And the thing is like, I don't even know if it's a shared frustration like I I'm not gonna say, and Zacho you can probably you can chime in here too, listen. I love I love hockey. I've become a huge fan of hockey, Chris especially. But some people like it is their life, and I'm like, I'm not looking to make this my life.
Speaker 1: I don't want your life. Yeah I was just and you beat me so expensive.
Speaker 4: That's the Well, it's so it's everybody's life. Whoever is, I don't want your life.
Speaker 1: Correct, you got kids in hockey that everybody's in hockey.
Speaker 2: It's just so fascinating how like all we do is talk about youth sports and they're like, oh, we can't burn these kids out and we can't do this and we can't do that, and like you know, we're just it's too much for these kids, right. But yet when it comes to hockey, it's like if they're not on the ice seven days a week, then the something's wrong.
Speaker 1: And you're like, whoa, yeah, whoa. I love this sport and I think it's the best, and it's it's especially youth hockey, the out of town tournaments, the just the camaraderie everything, it's it's awesome. But I've been very consistent, very critical of it in the this day and age of parents that have turned their children into uh, you know, pseudo professional athletes playing all year round not playing any other sports. I don't want It's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: It's ridiculous, and that's why they get after coaches if their kids not on the A.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, we put all of this into it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And as my dad used to always say, well, if the coach isn't yelling at you, then he didn't think you're any good.
Speaker 3: I mean kind of true. Yeah, yeah, at least attention.
Speaker 1: Maybe not. Yeah, if they're not giving you attention, then you got to.
Speaker 2: Be You got to start thinking that they just don't like you or they don't think that you're good enough.
Speaker 1: And I love the hockey community. I grew up in it. I absolutely love it, so I'm not trying to rip it at all.
Speaker 4: But but but there are some situations, zacho. You've seen this before, where like there'll be the high school coach has a hockey camp and if your kid is playing baseball, oh right, oh, it doesn't play in the hockey camp. That happens doesn't have as good a chance to actually make the team or even get a lot of ice to the Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is ridiculous. And I don't want to just I'm not just talking to this about hockey. It's it is every youth sport. I mean, if you if your kid is not a part of some sort of off season training within, the coach and the organization are like, well that kid's not committed then, and like, yeah, but the other the kid is playing other sports.
Speaker 1: Eight. Yeah, that's the other thing. Yeah, yeah, he's yeah, correct, not that big a deal. It's a major problem, and these kids are getting burnt out and they're not The participation numbers for hockey are tanking, and that a lot of that is because of the cost to obviously, but is it really Yeah, the numbers are I mean even Canada is struggling. They're they're struggling. I mean, you can't afford to play anymore because we have again made these into you know, it was expensive when I was playing, but now it's like we got to do all these other more tournaments. We got to do all this. You know, the ice time is more expensive than ever and a as you guys mentioned, you have to have like four or five different uh you know, off season camps that you got to go to and pay thousands of dollars for. I mean, it's it's Uh, it's it's got to change fast, otherwise we are going to really lose a special thing we got going. We already are losing it here in other places you're live. This is the last thing I'll say about this is that is that.
Speaker 2: If you talk to a majority of professional athletes, then let's just say specifically hockey. I've talked to enough of these NHL guys, these retired NHL guys that all think it's preposterous that we are like putting our kids in the inn where with practicing all the time, like year round.
Speaker 1: Like they'll even just shake their head and like this is.
Speaker 2: So ridiculous, Like this is not how I grew up, This is not how I became a pro. This is like there there are better ways to like get to the end goal, which is obviously in the NHL or some sort of division in scholarship. All of these guys will say, like, Nope, not my upbringing. But yet, somehow, what do all these associations know better than these professional hockey players, Like I don't understand like where we got so off track?
Speaker 1: Well, they know they don't know better, but they know that they can convince a bunch of people who have a lot of money to spend money with them. And that's why you have like these schools now that are basically three hours of classroom and then three hours of sport, you know, whether it is hockey. They do other sports as well, but these these sports specific schools are that that makes me sick. I can't imagine. Like one of the coolest things when I was a kid was going to school with my hockey teammates in the daytime and then going to a game that night. No, you don't have that anymore. Stupid. Here's how insane the hockey community is. I was at an appearance fourteen months ago. If that tells you where the math is. My son is thirteen months old. Was in November of twenty twenty four, and this gentleman came up to me and he was like, hey, I heard you're having a kiddo, and I'm like, yeah, I'm like, we're having a boy. He said, oh cool, and he asked, you know what area I live in, and I told him. He goes, if your kid I ever wants to play hockey, here's my card. And it was for one of these like select leagues that Zacho was talking about. And I look at my I go, he's not even born yet.
Speaker 2: That's not saying the hockey community you'll be to hold on this card for five years.
Speaker 1: Like when he was a Minnesota and he's coming out with skates right out of the way. He's like, if he ever wants to play, here's my card, contact me. I'm like, he's not even here yet. And I was like, okay, but yeah, and but you know, if that's what you want to do, more power to you. But as Zacho says, like it was a basically like an hour of school and then just hockey. And it's like he's a month away from being born.
Speaker 4: We're talking hockey here and I love it. And Fallness is probably excited about this too.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, Zacho, you can attest to this.
Speaker 4: And I don't know if you guys have caught any of the Olympic hockey games at all. My favorite thing to listen to I turn up the volume on it because we got our guy Alan Roach oh standing so he is, you know, the v og voice of God, and so he does this thing. But then they also have the other guy who's speaking in Italian. So when they score a goal, alson Roach is just doing that scoring for you a favor and then this guy like, yeah, it was a really nice but it's just, oh my god, this guy must hate his gig. I'm going against who I'm teaming up with.
Speaker 1: Whoe the all time goat cat Schuck with the Yeah he do other countries. Now we're in Milan.
Speaker 3: Let's go around the world and see it. Do a live listening. Hey, I was watching skiing here while you guys were talking hockey. Remember how earlier we were talking about Kermit the Frog and how much the guy who does Kermit the Frog's voice makes a year, and we're like, man, that's got to be a high paying job if you're the voice of Kermit.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: We have you know, front of the show Jay Christensen, right, who does the awesome drone flying Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know I'm watching the drone for the alpine skiing and it's cool. You know, obviously it gives you a great view, but a lot of wide open space.
Speaker 1: It's not like the Bob's led or whatever.
Speaker 3: You got to go down the path and like you get you gotta be world class like same thing. How did they find Kermit voice guy? Because that guy should be the best in the world at Kermit did NBC? How did NBC find drone flyers for this?
Speaker 1: They they didn't.
Speaker 3: That's that's the Olympics obs Okay, then how do the Olympics find him? Because once you argue, it's the same thing. These should be some of the best drone flyers in the world, because this is a world stage.
Speaker 2: World have some sort of open competition for these pilots.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't think there's enough of them to have. I think that they probably exhausted almost every option. Is our guy doing. I don't believe so, No, I think he I've not seen any anything on his Instagram, but I will say they I know a few of them were like they've you know, have you seen those drone racing leagues and like ESPN where they're oh yeah, like a lot of them are those guys like they pretty much, like I said, exhausted all the best that they could find because there's got to be a lot of them.
Speaker 4: Because they had it for golf too this weekend, which is awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's changing the sport. Check this out. I just googled how much do Olympic drone flyers make?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: And again Ai is Ai it's not always accurate, but here's what AI said. Elite commercial and high level camera grade drone pilots working on massive, high profile projects like the Olympics can command exceptional specialized rates top tier experienced pilots operating advance heavy lift or complex vp V sorry fp V drones. I don't know what that is. There you go, riggs.
Speaker 1: Can earn between three to fifteen thousand.
Speaker 2: Dollars per day three to fifteen thousand per day, between.
Speaker 3: Three k and fifteen k per day, based on you know, the actual event and how high profile it is. This is while average drone pilots often earned around seventy to ninety thousand dollars annually, but if you are specialized or high end, it can be much more.
Speaker 1: If that's If that's the case, what's j making a year?
Speaker 3: That dude must be rolling in it because he's one of the best in the world, is he not?
Speaker 1: Oh, he's got to be.
Speaker 3: So's if he's the top of the top and he's doing the highest profile events like All Star Games, whatever it is, big time sporting events. Man, if the average one's making seventy to ninety, I wonder what Jason put I go to.
Speaker 1: Have a flat fee, right that he charges.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the thing, Like I wonder because he puts in You guys have talked to him many times too, like they put in so much time before the actual shoots, Like are you getting paid.
Speaker 3: For those hours before? I would guess, or just a shooting day. Didn't he do a Backstreet video at the sphere?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, actually shortly after he left. Yeah, he left from here to the airport to go shoot a Backstreet Boys video which I think he might be back. I saw. I don't know if it's from older stuff, but he just shared a new Backstreet Boys video from Sphere the other day, so I'm rating. They got twenty five total drones at the Olympics. At the Olympics and yeah they there's a owner of a Dutch drone company who's flying out there. The Dutch of it. Yes, and uh they say it's the most difficult job they've ever done. While you would imagine, yeah, well, think of the hours that you're there on the slopes.
Speaker 4: Yeah you know, Oh yeah, I mean that that's a full day every day.
Speaker 3: If you're making three k to fifteen k, get your ass out in the cold and fly some drones, right, and I wonder how much they're actually making.
Speaker 1: This is a weird question. Tackle maybe you know the answer to it. Can you stand though at like the bottom of the hill or do you have to be close? My guess is you would be at the top of the hill because that would give you the view, the best line of sight to uh each point. Yeah, so I would, I would think, I you know, can't confirm. But then obviously you have to have a crew of people who are, you know, helping out with the with the batteries don't last long. You gotta constantly switch back. It's it's got to be a pretty pretty good at big undertaking. I'm helping more people do stories over there about this, and I'm just reading one off of NBC News right now, and it's fascinating what they're doing and just being able to follow, like they talk about the follow like the lose, Like how crazy difficult that is.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised you haven't started flying dron You seem like a I'm a freelance drone flyer guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta have like money.
Speaker 3: You obviously you work the cameras here, so you have a director's eye. You once were offered to be paid to film a friend's pornography video. Ye, that never came the drone just in general, but it never came to fruition.
Speaker 1: He was he was commissioned to do a little film.
Speaker 3: Work and then it fell apart. But it wasn't the works. It was supposed to be beautifully done, tastefully. She would have been four K.
Speaker 4: Did you have the lighting and everything ready to go? And then all said, no, we're not doing this.
Speaker 1: Probably it's a flashlight flash. Yeah, God Jesus and the baby oil.
Speaker 3: There was a couple of you know, you're filming a solo TV Yeah, yes, how much were you gonna get paid? Do you remember it didn't negotiate an exact price. You were just happy to be there. Yeah, wow, honestly do this and we'll talk Theah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just wanted down the resume. So you just wanted to keep the video just your tape is your resume? You know. They wrap up and Zach say, hey, this is a little awkward, but can we can.
Speaker 3: We talk about payment? And the dude says, I've an a caniat combo and a slap on the back. Yeah, Zach says, deal, that was fun. Thank you, And then he said to you know, you get that for free. Pray this drone right here, this.
Speaker 1: Uh probably one of the better ones, thirty six grando. I mean, you can get one for eighty bucks. But like, you know, I know if some people have.
Speaker 3: Complained about the buzzing on on the broadcast of the drone.
Speaker 1: Have any athletes complained about that yet?
Speaker 3: Or are they just so focused that it's they just out here they don't even I have not seen it or heard anybody complaining about the noise. But I wonder if, like, look at how awesome that shot is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that shot. We're watching this solemn salumn.
Speaker 2: Like, there's no way that they hear that drone, you know, fifty yards away.
Speaker 1: All they're hearing is the whoosh whoosh in there. Yeah, I forget. We haven't done a live listening sauce. Whooshoohoosh.
Speaker 3: Oh no, whoa No, this is the Norwegian he's a second over a second ahead of pace.
Speaker 1: Here. You can hear it.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 1: Whoa whoa, whoa, whoa whoa wo bad news, first place, yeah, first place. We just got an email from uh. We got sued.
Speaker 3: We got to cease and desist oh, sorry thing, we can't. Oh, we can't run the actual highlights. And that was that was real play by play. Damn man, I felt like I was there too. Thanks Sauce, You're painted a wonderful picture.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm not good at a lot of things, but you're good at who now slow motion? Woosh, slow motion? Woosh?
Speaker 3: Oh god, this is making me up break man. Yeah, I mean honestly, Kel's a saint. Geez. Oh god, I just think it's six thirty on Valentine's Night. No, yep, you got it, Pete. Uh.
Speaker 1: It's also Walkers Through Sports after this. I'm the fan, can't fan? Welcome some great shows to Mystic Lake Camp Theater. Leonard Skinnert and Foreigner will be there August sixteen. Motley Crew will be there August twenty. First at the complete details on the cont calendar page at Cafe dot com here calendar.
Speaker 3: All right, Michael jammusmin the Third is here, Ben Lever is here. But it's time for sports with Paul Ember. It's time for Fan five on the Power Trip, presented by All Around, your Timber Tech deck building contractor.
Speaker 1: Our guy, Anthony Edwards. Team won the NBA All Star Game. And then Amp was named the NVP of the game. He and Garnett were the only two Wolves to win All Star MVP other than Corey. What year did Garnett win it? Oh? Oh gosh, I wouldn't know that. I'm gonna say ninety six, ninety seven, sure Zach ninety nine three? Yeah, I thought. I thought it was the during the run. Yeah, he wanted No. Three. But yeah, that was sweet. I thought maybe so you cow high Leonard would win it because he had like thirty something points.
Speaker 3: So you watched it explain how the teams were split and how the format worked.
Speaker 1: So I don't know how the teams were split because we got in with the final two games, but they basically had teams. They split them up with US teams and then guys World team, right, guys who were whatever, And the two USA teams won and played in the final game.
Speaker 3: So it wasn't US versus the World in the final, No, it was versus was one of the semi games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Stars and the Stripes. Yeah, and that was the name of the teams. It's dumb, It just it's not the Stripes team that played in the third game then had to play It was a quarter. A game was a quarter. So then in the final game, the older guy team with like cow Hi, Lebron and all those guys, they were dog tired. I mean they eat the pants off of them in that that fourth game. It's still a lot of basketball. Yeah, it's a lot of basketball. Instead of one game, they just play four four quarter games. It's it's just it's time to stop with these All Star games, except for the baseball one, because that one's fine. Hockey, well, the if they do the bit they did four nations that All Star games like fifteen to fourteen, because they just don't play any defense and they don't hit. Baseball's because you have to. It's the closest to the actual game it is. You have to change much in an All Star game in baseball and the football one, they've got basketball one. It has to stop. And yeah, the full contact ones are the ones that really just are not really fun. Yeah, I get you at the Yeah, major League Baseball, that one's that's funny, decent, and it means we're like a week and a half out of training camp. That's the best part of that game.
Speaker 2: I really think that especially with football, they've they've paired it down so much that it's like it really is just pointless now, like the whole thing is pointless. Like the Pro Bowl itself point was so pointless. Right they should just say, hey, congratulations, you made the Pro Bowl. Here's two Delta one tickets to anywhere in the world. Yeah, like, congratulations, here's a cool goal. Yeah go go enjoy a vacation on us.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know. Well, and if they do do it, do do Why not have it at the host city of the Super Bowl? Why have it like an Orlando, you know, across the country. Why not bring those players in, you know, let fans who are therefore the Super Bowl have like an experience with them. Maybe they can, I don't know, do something at the actual site. It's just very weird that they're playing in basically like a convention center, you know, on the other side of the country. I suppose it's probably a cost thing, too, like because if you had it on Super Bowl site, then all of a sudden, you're just jacking your prices up to Super Bowl at prices to an extent, and then all of a sudden, now it's like if the Pro Bowl is supposed to be for like expanding the game to the youth and having these kids and stuff come out there and be like close to the action. Like I think you kind of miss that magic a little bit if you do it on Super Bowl site. But I understand what you're saying logistically, like it's makes a lot of sense to have it there. But that's probably one of the reasons why they're like listen, because that was the whole thing with Hawaii. They're like, oh, this is great because it's like, we're all these kids in Hawaii that never get to see these NFL players get a chance to see all the NFL All stars in this one place, and then they screw that up. They don't even do that anymore. The Hawaii bit was cool. Oh yeah, but back in just a big vacation, they played like they back in the late nineties, they would play that game. They like tried. Now they're just olaying everything.
Speaker 3: It's not the how about some of the soundbites over the weekend from Aunt right, I saw a lot of people on TWI are saying things like if you want a company line, then don't ask ant questions because he'll say the truth. And somebody asked Aunt, like, Hey, you know you guys thinking about putting a little effort this year or is it just it is what it is, and he goes, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then one of the questions you Asksover's like, don't say that. No, one of the very long winded questions I asked him. He just goes no, and then they moved on, Yeah, yeah, he's the best. The Golden Gopher women's basketball team has now won eight straight after they beat Wisconsin eighty three to sixty. Your go For women are twenty and six. They have three regular season games left. They battle number eight Ohio State this Wednesday at the Bar and at seven pm Love Tournament team. There we go. Yeah, they should be ranked now two. After that eighth straight victory, the go For men's basketball team lost sixty nine nice fifty seven to Washington on Saturday. They've lost something like nine of ten. They only have six games left. They play Oregon tomorrow at nine to thirty pm. Another game where the bench scored zero points. Now it's two guys that played only a handful of minutes. They were zero for four.
Speaker 3: But I mean they just have no bench bench, so multiple games this year now zero points off the bench sorry washed the guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, guy the slalom meets.
Speaker 1: He's so depressed, so cheaper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he missed the gate or something and his run was over. He stops in the middle of the course, throws both of his walking sticks. He takes his walking sticks and chucks them over the fence and then goes goes through one of the other snow fences and walks away on his own and then lays down.
Speaker 1: He's still laying down on this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just for just for context, the three guys that are gonna make the podium or at the bottom of the hill holding up each other's hands, you know, like the photos. As meets af says halfway down the mountain, lying in a snowbank, pouting.
Speaker 1: His dad to come get it.
Speaker 4: He was like, you know, you have to get contract of it, because at first I was like, is he that excited that he had a great run that he's now throwing poles into the crowd.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is he comes, Oh, they're not going to show the whole thing, smiling.
Speaker 1: But he's still pissed.
Speaker 4: But yeah, he just whips the first one and helicopter's the second one. I've seen you do that on the golf course. Oh yeah, see we had to go into the woods there, all right, here we go Club mistic Gate. He's angry.
Speaker 1: He just watched somebody look at that was celebrating the bottom.
Speaker 2: Of the MIDI just do.
Speaker 1: It, hands up on the head. Now he's skating to the fence. TV directors trying to figure out how much he wants to show the agony defeat versus the thrill of victory show both go back and forth. And now he's taking his skis off, he's taking his shin pads off.
Speaker 3: He takes his ball, he just pull on meat sauces it.
Speaker 1: And now he's walking off. You're good, you're good, you're good. Outside of the fence. Why do you leave it? What is he doing?
Speaker 5: He fell?
Speaker 4: He didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he slips and falls and he's walking away.
Speaker 1: He's walking. I'm looking too far back, but that's fine. He's not even going to get his stuff because there's no way he could have thrown it that far.
Speaker 2: He's just, you know, didn't he throw his his poles the opposite way?
Speaker 3: His walking sticks, walking sticks were thrown over that fence that holds him in.
Speaker 1: Hey, he'll get free. One. He's literally going to a whole different part of the court. He's going, don't you know, he's going up to the side to a different Like, hey, if you can't win, make it about you mine.
Speaker 3: If you don't have their poles, one last bag to check at the airport, that'll save you fifty bucks.
Speaker 2: Walking sticks isn't well, he wouldn't have fallen down as he's pouting if he kept his walking sticks.
Speaker 1: Here's the throw. Yeah, he threw it on the other side. Must be the next skiyear. He might have been paled up drone pilot. Hopefully not. That was the craziest thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: I know, it's like hilarious watching him, Like what am I watching?
Speaker 1: Is this guy really just pouting? Ben? Like are you watching this? Sorry Gophers women's basketball team, Like you guys.
Speaker 2: Are talking about Like I'm watching something I've never seen before.
Speaker 1: Oh mys, this guy. Yeah, he went all the way to the other side of the other hill where there's another safety fence, lays down and just yeah, it's just laying down, probably gonna make some snow angels the drone noise. Did you see he was?
Speaker 3: He was a half a second ahead going into his final run. So this guy is like in gold medal position. That's why he's so pissed, because he just mist it. There it is, and that guy celebrates the Swiss guys cheering the coach for the other guys cheering right in his face.
Speaker 1: They'll show it. Oh they didn't know. They know. The replays will show. He chucks. He chucks the sticks and then the other the other snow fence. He just lays down in the snow. There goes the shin guards, throws those over a fence. Who cares, don't need those anymore? You're done got him. I love that he's just yards sailing. He finds a hole in the fence, and jew angry marching away slips.
Speaker 3: And this guy's a meme now forever. He's just walking away. I live here now, Oh man, where is it.
Speaker 5: That he's.
Speaker 3: This video is going to be everywhere though, watching this guy melt down. Then he goes along the tree line and his lays down. I feel bad for him. Defeat right when he misses it. That coach is screaming in his face for victory.
Speaker 1: If I don't come back, don't come looking. I think I would do the same. He misses that one. He missed the blue one and you can see it on his face. He kind of looks like you mussy. Then yeah, this this is how I react with He drops a password. Look at him throw the walking space and then and the guy is celebrating him is the best old Swiss coach. He's pissed. I did not expect an alpine meltdown morning. Look at that.
Speaker 3: There goes one walking stick missed the javelin briston throwing style because the other one.
Speaker 1: The floor the other side.
Speaker 3: This guy is the best. Yeah, oh man, he just plops down. Oh this this is going viral. H this is going to go sports Twitter viral.
Speaker 1: It's the best. That's a meltdown. That's so good.
Speaker 3: He was again, he was smiling during parts of it, so I think he was like, this sucks. I just had my Olympic dream dash. Let's take a bit out of this. Let's try to hopefully this is not all in rage. Hopefully he's just walking it off. Man, you throw your sticks like that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like he has done it before though.
Speaker 1: Yes, Twitter just crashed and I can't help but think that this is the reason why. Oh yeah, everybody just rushing to say something. And the Swiss coach looks like Wally the beer Man. He's over more like more like Sid Hartman. Yeah. I can't think of a worse sport to be a Beerman at than the giant slalom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, this guy needs to bring it keg to the forest. He'll meet you there, Geez. That was an epic, Malcolm. That was awesome. All right, more sports after this, more with Ben Leeber and Michael J.
Speaker 1: Muss than the third.
Speaker 3: This is the power of drim Morning Joe on the fan.
Speaker 1: There we go. Join the Moss and Miller Lite at Duke's Pizza Pub and Oakdale this Thursday from five to seven. Stop by for drink specials, games and to register for a chance to win a spot and the Vikings Foundation Golf Tournament. All the details now at Cafe dot com Cure Golf the muss I love that the the Mike Mussman. That golf tournament is a lot of fun too. Yeah. Every year. That's a blast. You can get it on that. That's awesome. My guy, Mara cow won yesterday for the first time in three years. Three point six million for first year. Yeah, not bad. Good for Colin, Colin for life. That was a tough Sunday too. Yeah, wind in the rain and I mean it was awful, lot, take your word for it. Scotty almost chased him down again, man, Yeah, really close. Man, that's two tournaments in a row that he just has.
Speaker 4: One day you're like, oh my gosh, it's yes, it's over, and then he comes alive.
Speaker 1: I know he hasn't won, but it's why he's the ghost in all of our golf bets, because he's just he's a cheat code. And by the time the Major's roll around, when he puts this full game back together, he will be almost unbeatable. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anybody going to Isla the Las Vegas between now and the Masters?
Speaker 1: I need a bunch of tickets. When is the Masters? April? I think I am. Actually I'm going the week before. Cool. I'm gonna hand you money. Yeah, same, yeah, because I go on April third. Don't spend it on a doesn't he do it? Right? I'm going to see a ed M artist by the name of a Llennium. That's fear. That's sweet.
Speaker 4: So in court, you're gonna put money on morecla just in case the wheel doesn't fall in your favor. When we do, there have to have more than one that Ben is going to do the whole season.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, the only one that matters. So can somebody explain this to me?
Speaker 3: By the way, I DraftKings fan, Duel Calshi all these different bits, I know a lot of people that bet on DraftKings in this state of Minnesota.
Speaker 1: What am I missing here, Zacho same? I mean, is it just I think VPNs? Yeah? I think it's I think it's.
Speaker 2: The idea that like, you can do it if you have a VPN, but like you, hopefully you don't get caught and.
Speaker 3: They and they don't really care. Well, they're not going to track down small time.
Speaker 2: What I was told is like you can do it every once in a while, but if like you, if you do it, like if you're a perpetual better like if it's the same, like if you live, if you act like you live in a legal state, they will eventually catch up to you even though you have a VPN.
Speaker 1: Could you, like, let's say, what's the city or state that borders name one, don't tell them, don't tell you Arizona. Let's say you live in Arizona. Could you literally drive over the city limits, sit in your absolutely bat and then drive back home. Absolutely, Yeah, Zach, he's going to Vegas. Yeah, but like I do. I went this weekend.
Speaker 3: Example, I'll give an example, right, like the w S O P online events, you have to be in the state of Nevada to participate or whatever. Right, I believe there are people that like, isn't the Lake Tahoe bit like right on the border? Yeah, so they basically like stay there, so they're right over the line.
Speaker 1: I think that's how that.
Speaker 2: Works because Reno's right there, Like they just go like right through the state line and go to Reno.
Speaker 1: You ever been to Tahoe. No, It's awesome, It's incredible. Bucket list for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I believe that's the catch.
Speaker 3: You just have to be essential over the line and obviously they geolocate you. They know where you're at, which is why the VPN throws people off, right, because it looks like you're somewhere that you're not.
Speaker 1: I bet Prim Nevada is very similar. That's right on the border with California and I fifteen you like chasing Prim and Prim right, Yeah, a lot of hotels in that area.
Speaker 3: So either way, I just I hear people all the time, especially when I'm playing cards.
Speaker 1: If they're on DraftKings, how does that work? I mean they're also I mean there's other like non are they are they betting like regular sports?
Speaker 3: Are they doing like the other stuffily fantasy stuff like actual sports betting?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, how is that? How is that? But they shouldn't be able to use it on their phone, That's what I'm asking the phone they're doing. They use GPS and that to determine that, and.
Speaker 3: That can Maybe that's the follow up question that I've never asked. Maybe you guys are nailing it. Maybe they they're doing it on some home computer with a VPN somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Maybe they're not doing it from their phone, team viewer.
Speaker 3: Maybe they are, And I just don't know how this suit works. But either way, again, this is the thing about amblers that I've learned over the last forty five years. If there's a will, there's a way, life finds a way. If there's a loophole, gamblers are the first ones to find it because gambling is all about finding an edge, and if you can find an edge, they're going to you know, kick a door down and go right through it.
Speaker 1: Of course, So.
Speaker 3: That's more proof I haven't done the investigation. I haven't figured out how to do it, but the ones that really really want to gamble, they probably figured it out in two minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That interesting. I'd rather just send money with Zach to Iowa. It's interesting because Vegas I have, you know, I'll lose the app in Iowa. But we're so close to the border that sometimes it goes, hey, man, you gotta be in Iowa for this, and I'm like, I am in Iowa, and then I'm like oh, and then you got to like yeah, So that's the one. That's how the text thread goes. I am an Iowa assistant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is there a way to know if you're pinging off that Iowa cell tower versus in Minnesota?
Speaker 1: Sidy? A few years ago when I went down there, I was pinging off a Minnesota cell tower and I didn't like that.
Speaker 3: So what happens when you're talking to Chicago when Wisconsin doesn't have cell towers?
Speaker 1: You have to are you dark for like six hours? Yeah? Pull that off? Got like rest areas with uh yeah, Intoma and then you use the the payphones there to call thanks Adam Levine. Yeah, well played great song too, great song. Yeah, that's a good song. Come on, man, you know it's really sad.
Speaker 2: Is how much anxiety I had when I was driving up to Bimigi last week and there's about a stretch of i'll say forty five minutes to an hour no service. Oh oh really Yeah, it was like a dead zone at least for my phone. Now, maybe there's other cell phones up there that like that that area is fine, But I looked down on my phone, I'm like, I got no service.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 3: That's another thing again that the kids, I don't think are ever going to understand when cell services first came out and people were honestly first starting to get cell phones, even pre iPhone, right, just cell phones. Remember, coverage maps were everything everything.
Speaker 1: I live in St.
Speaker 3: Paul or I live in this so I'm going to get this service over that service. And for years and years and years, ads TV ads would show you the map, here's their coverage, here's our coverage. You're like, that's more. Now it's like, I don't care if I'm in a foreign country. My phone better freaking work. I'm paying for service. It better be global service. I find if I get on a deserted island, because my cruise ship of sinks and I swim to an island. I better have four bars or I'm canceling my service when I get back, except my cell phones floating away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's funny like that, but that's how what I was thinking, Like, it's you're.
Speaker 1: Not even like the world country. You're in Bamigi. I know, I'm like an hour south of Amigi. How do I not have cell service? Yeah, I don't get it. I was once so unacceptable to the border up in war Rowd that my phone connected to the Rogers Canada network and I almost I got to get some charges reversed. So be careful if you ever get that far north. What were you doing up there? Was that the challengement? Well that was a donkey right on the I didn't get the cell phone pinned. But this, this is the other border. This was my twenty first birthday, also dressed as a donkey. Yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know you were celebrating your twenty first in the war Road.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, the kid can party at Uh it's the scene. Oh that's what it is. Yeah, it was like they played the you know the day after and I stayed in war Owed at a place that apparently did not allow alcohol and I almost got kicked out.
Speaker 3: Chick of that sauceage buddies when they turned twenty one, they do cocaine off of a stripper's ass.
Speaker 1: Zach went to a high school hockey game. I don't know if you should say looking for hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's our former intern, babyface. His his bachelor party was when Blackie was still a thing. He went to game Works and then almost no red Lobster and then almost got into a fight at game.
Speaker 1: Works almost almost huge twenty first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was his bachelor party once he was bachelor party red lobster, mad respect, respect and that you get him a fight at game almost?
Speaker 1: Oh man, that sounds exciting. Can I Can I say something? Can I fight for a colleague of ours? Go on? So, Nick Madden, he's getting married and he's got a bachelor he wants to have a bachelor party in Vegas and smart, and he is running into issues with his uh friends who don't want to spend the money get new friends. Correct, and so don't sure, don't understand, no need a fight, it's understanding, No, no, no Vegas. They want he wants to do like basically a three day weekend, leave Friday, come back Sunday.
Speaker 4: They have to get you a gift and then have to pay because you got the gift coming.
Speaker 1: It's not a bachelorette. Sorry, you want to do nice things for your friends, must go demo wall while we talk about this. But I say this because friends friends apparently listen to this show. Well I hope, so I hope they're listening right now, and I hope if they're not listening, I hope Nick sends this audio to them. You are not a fan of this show. If if you say no to your buddy who wants to go to Vegas for a couple of days, it's it's ridiculous, ridiculous, so go go to Vegas. How much time?
Speaker 2: How much time did he give his buddies? More than enough time, more than enough time to adequate time to like they.
Speaker 1: Still haven't even like they're they're looking at like late summer really fun Like it's not none, that's not a problem. Not The problem is like one of their degrees, one of their spouses, uh did some pricing, she'd never been there. They none of have ever been there and.
Speaker 5: Whoa, yeah, that's even why So they have no idea they think it's and yes, it's it the cheapest place to go.
Speaker 1: No, but go. But you can do it cheap. You can do it cheap. And Nick has been there many times now. He knows how to do it cheap. He spent two weeks there last year. So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to to call his friends out. He probably doesn't like that, but I don't care. Look, one of the best things you can do is drop dead weight.
Speaker 1: Wow, why are you looking around me?
Speaker 3: So this is a good barometer for Nick and his friends. I don't want to go to Vegas for the first time for your bachelor party.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, then let's go our separate ways.
Speaker 3: I'll go to Vegas and you can go to war Oad for a high school hockey game.
Speaker 4: I think it's a bit understanding and the fact that, Okay, so they're at a certain age.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing his friends are his same age.
Speaker 4: So you got to like what Sometimes you're going to have like eight weddings in the summer that you get to.
Speaker 1: Go to and then they've already all gotten married to the last No, no, no, good luck. Your argument is falling to pieces. I'm just sat the last one. Whatever they want a destination wedding. The reason you do that is that you just don't want that many people going.
Speaker 3: Right, So if these are his best friends, they should make the cut. It must just you seem so anti Vegas. You know there's beer there, correct.
Speaker 1: I know, but must also got lost between the casinos, ones people bridge four times yea even don't find the front desk to give him a ride, said I need to see the hotel. Wait wait, wait, what was this bac I don't think it was that. Yeah, yeah, okay, there was a roofy situation. It was. Yeah. I get like if you are going to have a bachelor party in Las Vegas and like you're inviting fifteen people that I understand don't that's a lot. But if you but if like me, Scene, Bear, Luke and Randy want to go, that's fine if it's like four of you, But to ask like fifteen people, that's a lot. Like who doesn't want to go exactly? He said, they share room.
Speaker 3: Ware room doing that, And again, Vegas is universal. There's something for everybody. If if Nick said, hey, my bachelor party is going to be in Branton, we're all going line dancing, I'd say have fun at your bachelor party.
Speaker 1: I'll see at the wedding. I'll get you a nice gift.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to branton n You're not not going to the wedding either. But that's again. Then they would be like, well, Corey's kind of a bad friend. Yeah, then drop him.
Speaker 1: If you bring up the idea and they're all like, I don't know, then change the plan, do something else.
Speaker 5: No, no.
Speaker 1: Wedding. It's your back. You were fun. But I can see it both ways. It's a big ask. But if you're true, but hold on. If your true friends are like, yeah, we'll go, like Sean Luke and Randy would go, Yeah, we'll see you there. But like Corey's point, if like the Dobs of the world are like, I don't want to go, find out you're out set here though, because you said that all Nick's buddies are already married.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the reason that they don't want to go, because their wives don't want them to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I mean they're incentive for them to go, and which is why they need to listen to Nick, and they need to say because again, like I said, one of them, apparently one of the o their wives basically like looked up the pricing on it was like, you can't do this? Well, she looked at the most probably most expensive place. Where would they stand in the wind? No Osma, like there, I think there's like being floor. Right, he's only asking like three or four that that's a good number, correct, And they're going to share two rooms and they're going to be happy. And dude, he's yea though, no Vegas thing is complete without John is very for the weekend.
Speaker 4: If these buddies have been married for a while, hell yeah, you go. You don't even care what the wife thinks. But if it's new, it's pretty you know, just years.
Speaker 2: No, No, the fear is very very if you have more than six months to prepare, right, man, you gotta go, like that's that's on you if you can't figure it out.
Speaker 3: And bachelor parties are not democracies. The groom wants to go to Vegas, that's where you go.
Speaker 1: Your best man plan the whole thing. My guess is Nick's best man wants to go to Vegas. There you and if he doesn't, that's different. Best man line, buddy.
Speaker 3: If the guy's anti Vegas by definition, he can't be the best no, no, but.
Speaker 1: Again John, So he's a whole lot of fun and lost. Bach just go to the Dells. Chris is gonna stop doing speeches. He's just gonna do Vegas.
Speaker 3: Your guy planning, Yeah, bachelor party planning in Vegas sounds like fun. Actually sounds like if you have a bachelor party and you wanna can't go without it, I mean, I go. This should be our new with our new angle on cameo instead of going, Hey, it's meat sauce, Happy birthday, Bill, your friends want to meet to say happy But instead of that, our power trip cameo should be if your bachelor party is falling apart, pay Austin. We'll yell at your dumb friends for not wanting to go to Vegas. Yes, you send us a couple of bucks, the whole show. Go, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: People? Go to Vegas? For God's sake, it's next wedding. We'll go in place with your friends. God.
Speaker 3: You have good idea replacement, Yeah, we'll go for them. I don't know if that's your idea for the year, but that is a good idea. Should we up commercials?
Speaker 1: Show?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What if we just what if we just go for Nick's bachelor party and he canceled his whole friend bit because we won't see you at all. We won't see any of we would see Nick, we won't see Hawks Daddy. It's like it's like Teddy Bridgwater showing up to that kid's birthday party. The replacement. Nobody will go to the bachelor party with well, the Power trips here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we will go spread out all over the street, get us rooms.
Speaker 1: We can get our own rooms. Let's check in on Nick and his bachelor party. Hey, Nick, where's Corey? No, I haven't seen him since we got Where's Hawk? We don't know the windows? And where's that guy? He's in the tomb.
Speaker 3: Yes, I feel like we did a lot of good work that we did. Yeah, we helped out everybody. Nick, give us enough, by the way, Yeah that was a Viking slash bachelor party. News presented by Radco Thanks rad Com. Fan five and a second headlines later. This is the Power Trip Morning Show, the home of Vegas bachelor pads and parties.
Speaker 1: The Fan