Speaker 1: On air at am five seventy LA Sports and I'm demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: This is the Petros and Money Show. You are one of the kind. Hosted by Petros, Papaday guests left school after sixth grade and the voice of the Bolts Matt money Smith.
Speaker 1: The answer is on money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 2: On the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers. Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app and.
Speaker 1: Here you'll feel make this think youday, small guys, I wait long time for this.
Speaker 2: What do you want? You asked for.
Speaker 3: Too much now?
Speaker 1: Petrusse Money final hour, full four hour show tomorrow. There may be no show as we are sandwich between Dodgers, Giant Spring Training and Clippers. Promise selling content, Matt, promise some content. Two had how was your weekend? And a before the show podcast yesterday for the people.
Speaker 2: Promise some for tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Nothing is promised. We will see whether or not we can slam a Petros and Money show in there.
Speaker 2: I apologize for absolutely nothing.
Speaker 1: The opening day is just nine days away. Freeway series coming up. Clippers trying to bounce back from a two game skid against the hapless Sacramento Kings and dominant San Antonio Spurs, and most importantly, Pee, we will be hitting the road, and we would like those of you in a particular part of town that we have not frequented regularly, if at all.
Speaker 2: Right, off the sixty at Montabella, We're going to the BJ.
Speaker 1: Come see us.
Speaker 2: We will be there on Thursday at two o'clock, two to four, Montabello Town Center. Off the sixty. We got Dodger tickets, including opening tickets to see Yoshi Yamamoto pitch against the Snakes. BJ's Restaurant in brew House. What a great place for a happy hour. I heard the one in Montabello's not big, so you better get your big ass in there.
Speaker 1: Early innimate affair, intimate affair.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be spillover, Matt. People want us bad in Montabello, that's what we've heard. We're looking forward to seeing everybody and making it a real event.
Speaker 1: Hey, maybe there'll be some leftover green beer.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's necessary to drag the holiday all the way till Thursday. Why not let's freak out, man, I don't think I think it's a good idea corn beef and cabbage pizza. Who says no, everybody, We will see you there. We hope you don't say no to coming and seeing great sports talk coming up on Thursday in the Montabello Town Center. We'll see you there. And that's what we will say. If you come and you are a Latin gentleman, or even if you're not Latino. The best radio show in America, well save Buenos DS to you. And right now it's time for the fun al our fun fact.
Speaker 1: In effect, it's the yeah We're three fun.
Speaker 2: Fast fun Fact.
Speaker 1: It's brought to you by Concordia University irvines Masters in Coaching and Athletics Administration program classes. In the program top, I'm into the top sports leaders in California, like the state director of the cif A lot of Hall of Fame high school and college coaches and administrators be mentored by the best register for the summer term. Now get all your information at CUI dot edu slash coaching.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I don't know how many of our listeners know this. I believe you probably do. Petros, did you know William Wrigley Junior got his start by selling soap, he offered baking powder as an incentive to buy his soap. The baking powder was more popular than the soap, so he switched to selling baking powder instead of soap and gave his customers gum as an incentive.
Speaker 2: Oh well, that and that's how the Wrigley Gum Empire.
Speaker 1: The gum was more popular than the baking powder. He seated the baking powder market. To that profile of an Indian and a headdress company. I love that, and he took over. It would be a sweet tattoo the gum world. And uh, you know what, it reminds me of that profile the mascot in Vision quest that loud and that's that's a very similar profile that high school teacher. Yes, as as the baking powder.
Speaker 2: That's a great fun fact, Matt. For a second, I thought like, wow, he's he's saying that I know something. He thinks I'm smart. And then that's not what you were referring to. It's time for the quick hits. Everybody might know this. He's probably giving me credit. Yeah, I said that. The Dodgers with a night game and surprise Arizona tonight, David Massey will have Dodger talk with Andre eh your They're about to take on the Royals nine days away. Single digits, okay, sucking down at nine from the start of the regular season. Very exciting. Everybody's excited. Matt, You've been to Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
Speaker 1: I have was there last year calling an Alabama basketball game, and NATO's their head coach once again finds himself with players having issues off the court. Aiden Holloway, their superstar guard, arrested on felony drug charges.
Speaker 2: With Alabama basketball.
Speaker 1: Matt, Yeah, two pounds of weed, two pounds, two pounds of weeds.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of reefer. It's a lot of re for.
Speaker 1: Two pounds, said quote, we got standards in our program. You wouldn't know it, and we've.
Speaker 2: Got how well he be Like was he saying the weed wasn't good, like flattened out Mexi shank And that's why this was not high grade.
Speaker 1: California shit. This was not California's shake. In Alabama they be they'd be dying for California shake. This is some Mexi dirt weed. Looks like it came off of a bail, he said. We've got ways, We've held our guys accountable. Of course, much worse situation. Twenty twenty three, Alabama basketball player Darius Miles arrested in charge with capitol murder. And they did throw that guy back on the court and try to get away with a dude that was in the NBA for like three weeks before. Was like, yeah, you can't.
Speaker 2: That's his only crime though he's not a murderer.
Speaker 1: Or rolling around with two pounds a week.
Speaker 2: I want to know how good the weed is. If coach is talking about standards, it must be below the standard good week. The Lakers are on a roll. They're forty three and twenty five winners. Is six in a row. Where wires Matt happy? Why are the Horns being played? Tell you why? Because Lebron James ain't doing nothing. But they are sitting in the three seed in the West. They're one and a half games up at Houstone right now or the fourth seed. They beat him last night. They play Houston again tomorrow night. Last night, the Lakers did a great job shutting down Kevin Durant. The second half here isis they shut down the t SIPs thips. Here is the King himself wearing his bejeweled crown on his wise head discussing shutting down Durant and just being awesome different looks about the game.
Speaker 4: He's one of the greatest players we've ever seen play, I mean obviously, so she's got to try to show him different looks, trying to keep him off balanced. And when he shoes hope he missed, you don't miss me. So I thought we did a good job of having a game plan, but also just switching up our pitches. You can't show switch up great like that. Too many are the same coverages throughout the whole game. He'd get a feel for, so Shood a good job of just kind of switching up to pitches.
Speaker 1: See the march. It couldn't be anything else. Switch the pitch. That's what you got to do on the court with Kevin Durant. I'm switch pitch.
Speaker 2: Switch the looks.
Speaker 1: Can't just be throwing a heat he can't no gas right down the middle he runs on the whole game.
Speaker 2: I'll pick you apart. No switch pitch. What about those clips, Matt, they're back to five hundred, they are They lost to the Spurs last night without Kawhi Leonard he is day to day now.
Speaker 1: You said you were waiting for the other shoot to drop when it came to injury that you would not project Kawhi perhaps making it through the remainder of this.
Speaker 2: You really went out on a limb there. No one else went with me. No, you know, everybody's like no, No, I really like what I'm seeing from Kawhi. They playing a great year for him to be into it.
Speaker 1: He will, however, join the team on this upcoming three game road. I want to be on a back to back Tomorrow and Thursday in New Orleans, same team, much like the Lakers are dealing with in Houston right now against the Rockets. Clippers holding onto the eight seed, one game up on Golden State, one and a half games up on the Blazers, who are currently the ten seed. They are not in any danger of slipping out of the playing tournament. It's just a question of which slot they find themselves in when the season ends.
Speaker 2: Well, one person was clamoring to get the league cut down to size, but now the NBHAVE owners are getting ready to vote on expanding and adding the Las Vegas and Seattle SuperSonics, SuperSonics and the Lebron Las Vegasons.
Speaker 1: You know, damn well, he is going you want to own the Las Vegas whatever the hell they're going to be called. Lebron James is going to be a part.
Speaker 2: Owner with you, the Las Vegas Kings.
Speaker 1: And if you wanna, if you want to sign up for that Las Vegas Lebron's the.
Speaker 2: L snatch it from Sacramento. It's just gonna be the Las Vegas King. How about uh, Sacramento is gonna get the Sacramento cow Turns, which people have been looking to name them for many years.
Speaker 1: Just move the smooth some teams, move the hornets.
Speaker 2: Hey, Charlotte can't have a team.
Speaker 1: Just move some teams there. What about Memphis with a grindhouse? It's terrible people's college towns. People in Charlotte want to watch North Carolina or Duke basketball. Memphis wants to watch Memphis State. They don't give a damn about Ja Morantley Grislies. Just move those teams instead of adding more.
Speaker 2: I mean that feels like a real gut punch to those great parts of the country.
Speaker 1: Indeed it does.
Speaker 2: The Edmonton Oilers will be without their superstar forward Leon dry Sidle for the remainder of the regular season. Why are we telling you this?
Speaker 3: Why Are you so Pissyleon? Why are you so pissy?
Speaker 1: I'm I'm just answering your guy.
Speaker 2: You are whatever.
Speaker 1: I ask you a question, I gave you an answer, not very good ones.
Speaker 2: That's why.
Speaker 1: It's exactly right. No dry cidle.
Speaker 2: Why are you so pissy?
Speaker 3: Leon?
Speaker 1: Are you so pissy?
Speaker 2: He might go back if they make the playoffs, but their playoff chances were a bit wobbly as they're at the third place in the Pacific Division, just four points ahead of the LA Kings. Lebron also wants that name from them, the first team below the playoff cut line. Now they'll have to hold off the Kings without dry title over the last fourteen games, and he is very pissy about home. We'll see Jack.
Speaker 3: So pissy?
Speaker 1: Leon? Why are you.
Speaker 2: Well? Maybe because you're Canadian? Are a German and your Germans didn't even get as close as the Canadians got and they all lost to Jack Hughes, who wants the Hockey Hall of Fame to give him the puck from his gold medal winning overtime goal from Team USA in the Milan Courtina Olympics, which is currently on display in Toronto. I'm trying to get it like. That's bs that the Hockey Hall of Fame has it. In my opinion, why would they have that, Puck Hughes told ESPN hit an exclusive interview on.
Speaker 1: Tuesday, Because it's not the NHA Hall of Fame, it's the Hockey Hall of Fame. By Puck, the first time the US won gold since nineteen eighty one.
Speaker 2: More quote from Hughes, let me have it, let me.
Speaker 1: Hot up, Jack, You'll always have the memory. Huh.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back with some reaction on m I seventy LA Sports your Home of the Dodger, Petro's Papadakis, Matt Money Snap, this is Petro Send Money on.
Speaker 1: Demand, Petro sand Money and James Worthy of this segment brought to you by Ford. It is Ford Truck Month, the best time to buy a Ford truck like the legendary Ford F one fifty, America's best selling truck for forty nine years and running versatil Ford Maverick, the adventurous Ford Ranger, or the tough Ford Super Duty Hurry. In Ford Truck Month happens only once a year. Visit your southern California Ford dealers today.
Speaker 2: Matt joining us right now on this fine Saint Patrick's day. We're happy to have him on a little early this week, dud. Some scheduling conflicts that are beyond our control. It is the Hall of Famer. The Lakers are streaking and Worthy new and once Reeves and Luca got together that things would be okay. The Hall of Famer is Jersey Hanks and the Rafters, an Emmy Award winner as well, a champion in college and the NBA three times. The one and only James Worthy on the Petrosen Money Show. What's cracking? James?
Speaker 3: How are you all good? Man? All good? On a special Tuesday?
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you both.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Thanks for doing it early because of the Clippers schedule and then we got to go to Montabello. But that's not your problem, James, and you don't have any problems. The Lakers are streaking right now. What is it about Luca and Austin Reeves playing together in the way that they do that makes them so difficult for very good NBA teams or anybody to guard?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, like I hate saying the things that always sound like excuses, but you know the fact that they finally got everybody like healthy and together and play together for a while a few games, and I think the coaching staff was able to figure out how to deal with the trio. Okay, you look at Lebron's role now it's more off ball. I think he's enjoying it, and I think he realizes that he can be most productive in that role. And he allows Austin Reeves to handle the ball just as much as Luca. To me, they you know, Luca obviously is you know, super talented, but they both are very efficient. And I think having him on the floor together sometimes with and without Lebron, and allowing Austin to flourish with the ball in his hands. He gets to the free throw line, he didn't look to do the same thing. They get to the line, they draw files, they both at shoot the three. They're very spontaneous, and when that happens, I think eight and really, you know, Marcus Smart, you know, he reminds me of Michael Cooper so much. He's just a you know, he sticks his nose in there. He's got Lebron diving on the floor. You know, Marcus Smart came in here diving on the floor early in the season. Now he's got forty one year old guy. So I think they're starting to like get more synergy than they've ever had. We've seen spurts of it. It's easy to see the talent when you got Luke out there, you know, killing it from three and do what he does. But then when you bring in the consistency of like I thought Jake Loravia had a good game last night. You know, I think when they start to make that more consistent on the defensive end. They've always had the offense, but now when you throw in the defense and you know, the collective effort, it's nice to see. I hope they can sustain it.
Speaker 1: On the six game win streak, you've seen DeAndre Aiden's minutes go up, played almost thirty last night, thirty against the Nuggets, nearly forty against the Bulls, you know, and there was a lot of conversation about him not accepting his role. You heard what he said. You know that that kind of took off in a viral moment about him not being Clint Capella just kind of where where you at with aighton How responsible is he on this six game you know win streak, these nine of their last ten, and do you feel like he's done a better job of kind of filling in where he's supposed to fill in.
Speaker 3: Well, I think I think Clint Capella had the best response. You know. Clint Copella said, hey, man, you got you know, three guys that can ball. Just go out and just go out and ball with him, you know. And I think, you know, if he does that, I do think that they're starting to include him early. I think some guys you have to like initiate and get them the ball, whether that's lob or something off of pick and roll. His defense I thought was amazing. Then once he gets some few touches, they're active, they get involved. I think Marcus Smart started this about a month ago. He intentionally I remember one game throwing eight in the ball to get him involved. So uh lately, I like his effort. I like his efficiency. He's got nice you know, and when you get him the ball in the paint, he's very efficient with the little floaters and sometimes he gets a dunk and can hit the eight footer, but he collapses the defense a little bit and he's a willing passer out of that. So uh, that's when Luke Canard gets an open three or somebody gets in, you know. Uh, Marcus smart might get a wide open three. Uh, so they need to inclue when you got a big number one draft pick for a reason. You know, he hasn't dominated, Uh, but he's he still has talent and he's still young. And HOPEU, well, he'll he'll find it. You know, get a little bit of Sequille O'Neill in it.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, the great James Worthy, we could all use a little bit of Shaquille O'Neill and us.
Speaker 3: Money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, take some of that money. Is that Papa John's money, James? Uh? Last night the Lakers were like double blitzing Kevin Durant late in the game when he had the ball. Now did they do that to Nikola Djokis last year? And is that something that JJ Reddick seems to do a lot or just when it gets to be toward the playoffs and in the playoffs, because it was effective last night, kind of stifling Kevin Durant late.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, you know, I think without San Goon, you know that that was one advantage that the Lakers had. You know, he was out last night and he's kind of like he kind of he's kind of like a Yokic center. He can handle the ball. He does do a lot of handoffs. So I think with with with him out and not really have and a really a really breakdown primary guard, they were able to take some of Kevin Durant's comfort away. He liked to handle the ball a lot to get to his spots. So by blitzing him, which by the way, they also do a lot with Luca. They try to get Luca out high with a blitz and get it out of his hands. Lucas a little bit more evasive, but I think that was good strategy, blitzing him, double teaming him, getting out of his hands, forcing the issue, which they were successful at, you know early, you know, early in the third second quarter they had a lot of offensive rebounds. But I think once they figured out the rotations, uh and a lot of part of the game they were they had much success with you know, closing down Durant's who's hard to do, by the way, it's very hard, but they did a good job of blitzing and collapsing James.
Speaker 1: We remember they had that stretch last year where they were one of the best defensive teams in the league, kind of right before that Luca trade. They were streaking on that side of the court. You mentioned it that on this win streak they're playing better defense. I mean last night, no segoon, but talking about holding them to twenty points below their season average kind of did the same thing with the Knicks as well, and that big win. Do you think this can be a good defensive team with their personnel if Lebron, Austin Reeves and Luca are out there? Is it? Is it possible? And how do they do that? Because they're probably going to need that to win a playoff series.
Speaker 3: Yeah? Absolutely, you know that. You mentioned the Knicks. They almost had Minnesota on that one hundred. They scored a few points late in the fourth. But yeah, the Lakers have shown and clutch last four minutes, last five minutes, they've been pretty good. They Now when you add that for four to forty eight minutes, yeah, I think they have to have that. And I think it starts with you know, Marcus Smartt was Defensive Player of the Year. He's bought this mentality to these guys. It's tough, physical veribal and uh that's what you need. And I think you know when guys like Ayton who's a rem protector, Uh, you know, uh Hayes is always pretty active, but then guys like Jake la Rabia, he don't. People don't realize he's a pretty tough defender. He's sneaky, he he gets offensive rebounds. He doesn't spectate. So when you start to bring in those type of uh, you know players on top of you know, Austin Reeves taking charges. Surprisingly, Luke is a better defensive player this year. Uh you know, it kind of reminds me of magic. You know, he's a good team defender, knows the other team's offense and knows how to step in and get steals. Every now and then. He's getting back on you know, getting back on defense because you know, he can't complain too much to the referees because he has that he only has that one more technical so now he can't complain. He's getting he's getting back on defense quicker. But I just think that they know defense is going to win defense. They they do need to do a better job once they play twenty four seconds of good defense of securing that rebound. They give up too many offensive rebounds. They did against Boston, they did last night. I kind of on one possession with team got like four extra rebounds and that just's demoralizing when that happens. So those are less shot attempts you're getting up and they need to they need to work on that a little bit.
Speaker 2: The great James Worthy, our hero. Where do you think this momentum can take them? James? I mean, they're a lot of fun to watch and they have some great players. How far do you think they can go leading into the playoffs?
Speaker 3: Here? You want home corner advantage in the first round. I think you know right now, I think they're still in third, I believe, and they have secured I know they secured a tiebreaker with Denver, and so I think the Suns are still floating around. Yeah, you wan home court advantage and then you know, once you can secure that in the playoffs. You know kind of began in the second round, but you do want to kind of stand around third and see if you could secure home court advantage and go from there and continue to get better on the defensive vand particularly as you get deeper into the into the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Real quick, James, how worried are you? Six v eleven North Carolina v CU NO, Caleb Wilson VCU rafteen of seventeen. It's like the number one upset that everyone's picking for the tournament. How are you feeling?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Look, I keep it real. I want my car here and I want to be pulling form without Caleb. It's going to be tough in that bracket. That's a tough bracket there in. But I'm pulling for them. You know. I always say, you know, we can upset somebody. That's just our tradition. But it's it's it's it's not you know, they're not favored. You know, if I had to really like buckle down and say, Okay, I don't know if they can get through this, but on the tar heel, well.
Speaker 1: Good luck to the heels.
Speaker 2: That's right, you got it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, James. When we return one last segment, we'll get your dead or a live guy birthday today. Then we'll pass it off to David Vassay. He's got Dodger Talk tonight. His guest from Camelback Range, Andre Ethier, will join the program.
Speaker 2: This is Patrol, some Money on demand, checking Foot Forever, Happy, Saint Patrick's Day, Everybody, We are versifully coming to an end. Ronnie Saint Patrick's Day playlist, Well.
Speaker 1: Am I supposed to work in.
Speaker 2: These will be available at Ronnie Fossio on Twitter at Ronnie Fossio for the Saint Patrick's Day playlist. A big thank you to Tim Kaits our executive producer.
Speaker 3: He's producing run shows off cif he's going in ninety six.
Speaker 2: And we're not sure if we're gonna get on tomorrow, we will put together some.
Speaker 1: Kind of podcast on for like two and a half hours tomorrow. I promise you, after the debacle that was yesterday, tomorrow's.
Speaker 2: Game it's gonna be an hour long.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's going to be a spring training record, like one hour and three minute contest. One side strikes out twenty six, the other as a single home run.
Speaker 2: We'll be ready. That's tomorrow, but there will be a show two to four Thursday, and that's in Montebello at the Bjay's Restaurant.
Speaker 1: In Brewja right off the sixty. Our first appearance at a Montabello Bjay's restaurant to Matt never been.
Speaker 2: I mean it's technically a gateway city, but Montabello is right next. I mean in Manabello is sure high, Montabello High. I mean we're talking east side. It's a real Petro said, money off the sixty. We haven't been this close to the sixties since we went to Brea. This is crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, our investigative reporting on the Walnut Football Stadium took us to the sixty, remember, and we spent hours digging into that adventure. I believe we had the gentleman on that wanted to sponsor the walnutfl Stadium. We will be off to sixty. It will be a flex alert and we will have stacks of prizes, including Freeway Series tickets, sweet tickets, opening day tickets, not to mention all the great happy hour specials.
Speaker 2: While that's a nice play.
Speaker 1: So it's a walnut beautiful named after a glorious nut. We'll be there. Get your walnuts. The Hancock Park of the Kellogg Hill area. Is that what they said? I say, pizookies, handcrafted beers, pizzas, come see us. That will be Thursday tomorrow, could be a sliver of a show, could be three hours. Who's to say.
Speaker 2: That'd be a hell of a stratch started four might not be on at all, but I think we'll be on a little. Matt you got the dead guy birthday of the day to day, I do a Man's man manlier than Rye Cooter from yesterday considerably. Oh wow, I don't know Jim Bridger. He was a boy when he got started in the unforgiving Mountains of his westward travels. Born in Richmond, Virginia, father an innkeeper. They moved to Saint lou when he was thirteen and he was orphaned, illiterate, no formal education, apprenticed to a blacksmith, and it turns out he was freaking brilliant, spoke seven languages. At eighteen, he joined General William Henry Ashley's expedition to the Upper Missouri River. Jedediah Smith was part of that expedition and they would form the Mountain Inn.
Speaker 1: Now. At nineteen he was part of the group that included.
Speaker 2: Not the Highwayman, with Willie Nelson and.
Speaker 1: Jolan No different. He was part of a group that included Hugh Glass.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Bear attack and Bridger stayed with you in order to bury him when he finally passed.
Speaker 2: Somewhat even call it an assault.
Speaker 1: Some called it other things, a sexual assault. He was the only good guy in the group. The others wanted to kill Glass, take his pelts and move on. Bridger, a sensitive soul, left the canteen behind for Glass should he overcome his injuries, which he did, exacted revenge on the others that tried to kill him, But Bridger says it was mostly made up, that he had nothing to do with it and has no idea ultimately what happened. But others say, well, some guys got scalped, another dude was castrated.
Speaker 2: A couple of guys got scalped, people killedsted.
Speaker 1: Maybe Bridger just didn't want to share any of the details of what happened out there at that time with Hughglass.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's why we talk about the sexual assault of the bear.
Speaker 3: Now, that is.
Speaker 1: Incredibly insensible.
Speaker 2: Somebody can get castrated, but they can't get sexually assaulted by the bear our man.
Speaker 1: Bridger sold enough pelts, saved enough money to pool it with some others and start the Rocky Mountain fur comp took off West Colorado, Idaho, Utah. Worked as a guide as a trapper. Eighteen twenty four. Bridger was the first Whitey to make it to the Great Salt Lake region, the first Whitey to explore Yellowstone springs and geysers. Yes, Bridger reported on Old Faithful before anyone knew what the hell it was. He is the only known person to take a raft on the rapids of the Big Horn and survive, a real freaking stud In eighteen forty three, he would establish Fort Bridger on the Blacks Fork of the Green River along the Oregon Trail. The US military would occupy it and never paid him a cent, even though it was his money. What is now Wyoming is where he made his place. He reportedly could assess any wagon trainer group their interests in travel and give them expert advice on where they were heading and how they were heading west and yes, ode and eighteen forty six, the Donner Party stopped at Fort Bridger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know it was on the way. A lot of people stopped there.
Speaker 3: Matt.
Speaker 1: He said, your shortcut's fine. Probably looking at forty miles, pretty flat road, you guys should be good. Forty miles was more like eighty miles and flat road.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Well he made a mistake with the Donner Party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that happened. But you know what. In eighteen fifty nine he explored Jackson Hole in Pierre's Hole. He was a real guy, was into holes. He was a military man. In sixty one, Bridge or a guide at Fort Laramie, served as a scout under Colonel Henry B. Carrington during Red Cloud's War, stationed at Fort phil Kearney during the Fetterman and the Wagon Box Fight. Discharged in sixty eight, and he would discover what became known as Bridger Pass had shortened the Oregon Trail by sixty one miles less disincreted it.
Speaker 2: Could have helped the Daughner party.
Speaker 1: With that it could, he blazed the Bridger Trail, an alternative route from Wyoming to the goldfields of Montana that avoided the dangerous at the time Bozeman Trail. Personal life married three Native American women. First two died, one from fever, the other during childbirth. Fort children, only one outlived him, sadly, his daughter of Virginia. His legacy. P I believe something you know, well, the Bridger rifle exactly right, that's.
Speaker 2: Given between Utah State and Cholera and Wyoming, Wyoming and Utah State play for the Bridger rifle. It's great to see it one and exchange hands and a guy you know in a full Uni and Bridger's rifle.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, a fifty caliber Hawk and rifle the trophy for the Bridger Battle. You tossed State taking off for the Pac twelve and Wyoming staying in the Mountain West rather unfortunate. I didn't mean to hit the horns there. I'm sorry. It seems as though Bridger's Battle has come to a close.
Speaker 2: Never, it's never over. Not that it is all Lord, We'll see what happens. Yes, beating out Rob Kardashian.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're gonna beat out the sock Magneque?
Speaker 2: Is that Japanese lady fifty eight years old today to date? Airy Nita e r I n I t T a singer, actress, lyricist. In the eighties, she was a jpop pioneer as the fourth member of the all female girl group o Yonko Club.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 2: It was an early one, nineteen eighty five. I know that you don't know what they are, and you just said that so you could be endear yourself to the Japanese audience, much like a certain broadcaster.
Speaker 1: Ho Toni.
Speaker 2: Eighty five, and she really transcended even that famous group a year later and started doing solo work. It was said that the second she showed up at Oyanko Club she was the face of Oyanko Club. I worked with Oyanko Club. I knew Oyanko Club and you sir r no O'yanko club Sadly, her father died of pneumonia during her solo debut. Her popularity waxed and waned in the fickle nineteen eighties in Japan. Just as Tiffany, she is married now as kids and a whole life actress, singer, essayist. She's done a great deal of morning radio in Japan. Oh.
Speaker 1: I wonder if she's ever won their version of a Marconi.
Speaker 2: She's like the vanilla kitten, more like no, No, she's bigger than the vanilla kit. All right. I do have five titles for you, Matt, five that I thought you might enjoy from a jpop which is a little different than K pop by sou So. A lot of the titles sometimes are in Japanese caricatures, and they cannot be The K pop titles are one hundred percent in English J pop. A little bit of a mix, that perfect mix. Why are you asking just to be a just to be an antagony? You know what?
Speaker 1: They're probably similar to find a bit way to be K pop jpop. It's all pop, right.
Speaker 2: No, Matt, what is from Japan? What is from Korea?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Although you could be more popular as in Japan as a Korean k pop band than a j popper, All right? First title, Don't make Me take off my Sailor.
Speaker 1: Suit some of the best titles we've heard in a while.
Speaker 2: Don't make Me take off my.
Speaker 1: Sailor truly one of the best titles we've heard in a long time. Snail Samba Dance, Terrier Dance like spelled like the Dog Dance, and then Terrier the Dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, there's five titles.
Speaker 1: Okay, got two left.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna get out of this quarter clean. I know I'm not. Better be good teacher.
Speaker 1: Litt'll be good good the teacher certainly gets you in the game here, Better be good teacher.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give you the horse and something Tim Kate's wife can never say again, Happy.
Speaker 1: Darts f I hate doing it. I hate doing it. I hate myself for doing big lost for me? Why the lost? Why the long face? I gave horns to everyone. I'm a shill.
Speaker 2: Trying to endear yourself to Japan like a certain broadcaster.
Speaker 1: Toney, guess what guys, I'm gonna be calling the games in Japan.
Speaker 2: You don't say, actually, that's how you pronounce.
Speaker 1: It, thank you. Actually, that's what I read.
Speaker 2: We might get on tomorrow, but there'll be something to put up there. There'll be some content. There'll be something kids, and we'll see you in Montabello on Thursday. There'll be a bitch Friday