Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 5: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on DAK.
Speaker 4: You have to fight off being satisfied your free game.
Speaker 3: Look at the back to back World Champion Dodgers is brought to you by Alignment Health Plan. Welcome to a new era of a g spectrum and by your so called Chevy Dealers.
Speaker 1: Together, let's dry.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the World Champion LA Dodgers, Tam Cats, Hi.
Speaker 7: Every money, and good morning.
Speaker 4: Welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Sunday, May third, as your back to back World Series champion, Los Angeles Dodgers are on the road in Saint Louis to take on the Cardinals. Dodgers twenty and thirteen on this season. After dropping the first two games of this series in Saint Louis. The Dodgers find themselves in unfamiliar territory. Losers of four in a row. They look to get back on track though today and salvage the series in Saint louisesin Robleski on the mound against the Cardinals. First pitch from Bush Stadium is coming up at eleven to fifteen.
Speaker 7: Coming up between then and now. We got a lot to get to here.
Speaker 4: On Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, get his thoughts on this team.
Speaker 7: On a four game skin. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David vs.
Speaker 4: Sego's one on one with Josh Rowich. He's the president of the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York. They got a lot of great things going on, including some stuff with their own Rick Monday, he of Courses, the former Dodger Meatia Relations director. Josh Rowich worked for the Diamondbacks and now five years running the Baseball Hall of Fame. So that's coming up in forty five minutes. Not gonna want to miss that. Kirston Watson will check in. We got your Dodgers maum. In just a few minutes, we'll hear from Tim neverdey Rick Monday out the galloping Ford Broadcast booth. Well, yesterday, Rookie Sisaki got the ball, and Rookie was up and down for six innings. Gave him three runs on five hits while striking out four along the way. He got his pitch count up early as he struggled with guys on base, but was able to walk that tight rope and get out of it in the first and second inning. In the bottom of the third, Alec Burlson, though then RBI doubled to right and the Cardinals were on the board.
Speaker 7: One to nothing.
Speaker 4: And then it was all about the big fellow, Jordan Walker, who is off to a blistering start here in twenty twenty six, hitting his tenth Holle run of the season. This won a laser to left just over the wall, a two run shot, and the Cardinals had a three to ninzhing lead. The Dodgers offense quiet again. They're just not putting together hits in this series against Saint Louis. In fact, he can go back to the final three games against the Marlins on the last homestand the Dodgers offense has really been really Meanwhile, they got going in the ninth inning. Finally they started to put something together and it began with Monzi.
Speaker 8: Two balls had to strike to Muncie O'Brien's pitch swung on line drive base hit to right fail. Tucker's gonna get waived around third. Coming around second, heading to third is ta Oscar Hernendez and Max Mounsey gets the Dodgers on the board. It's three to one and the tying run is.
Speaker 5: At first base. I don't go away yet. Three straight hits for the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Max Munci with the RBIs single scoring Kyle Tucker. Dodgers down three to one. Months he delivered, and then it was Andy Pajez added.
Speaker 8: On pitch swung on ground ball through the whole left side of base hit. Here comes Hernandez into score. Four straight hits for the Dodgers and they pulled within a run.
Speaker 5: It's three to two. The tying run now in scoring position with Munsey at.
Speaker 4: Second, Andy Pajez delivers a three to two game is ta Oscar Herneda scored Monsi at second in base he is the tie in run with two outs. However, Dalton Rushing would strikeouts swinging to end the rally as the Saint Louis Cardinals, for this second game in a row, defeat the Dodgers three to two is the final and Michael McCreevy out of San Clementi High School, he delivered with six shutout innings to pick up the win. Rookie Susaki with six as well, he gets the loss. He falls to one in three. The Dodgers just two runs on eight hits, and those two runs coming in the ninth inning, but they get tagged with the losses. They fall to twenty and thirteen overall on this season. But they're back at it today, riding a four game losing streak, hoping to shake that. With Justin Robuski on the mound first pitch at eleven to fifteen and with more we head out to the Galpin four broadcast as we say hello and good morning to Tim Nevert and Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys, Thanks very much. Tim.
Speaker 8: On this Sunday afternoon in Saint Louis, the Dodgers and Cardinals wrap up this three game set. Dodgers trying to salvage a game in this three game series. The team's co men with identical twenty and thirteen records, although that's not how they came into the series, but that's how it is right now. The Dodgers have lost four in a row, a season high. Meantime, the Cardinals have won sixth straight. After last night's victory here three to two, Dodgers tried to come back in the ninth inning. They had four consecutive hits. The bats finally got going bunch some hits together, but they could only come up with two runs. And they left the tying and go ahead runs on base in the ninth inning and left everything for today to see if they can find a way to get a win. And well, that's what Dave Roberts was talking about in the dugout today when he met with us prior to the game, is they've got to try to find a way to get a win, get back in the win column somehow.
Speaker 9: Well, a piece of advice for the offense, don't hit into four double plays as they did in last night's bowl game. Talk about an abrupt ending to some of the innings and opportunities to score. The other part two is the Dodgers, partly because of four double plays last night. You know runners and scored position just two for twelve in the first two games of this series. The approaches have not been bad, their results have not been very good. If there's Dodger bunk club, they're just trying to string some hits together. And we'll find out today because you know, Robleski's starting for the Dodgers, he's one of the guys he's attacks the strike zone. We're going to find out about the former Dodger Dustin May, who was really lit up like a lamppost over his first two starts this year. Since that time, he's gotten much more on track. We'll find out what happens here this afternoon.
Speaker 8: And for a team and the Cardinals that was supposed to be in rebuilding mode, apparently nobody gave that memo to the players, because the way they're swinging the match, the way they're pitching, the way they're defending, they're playing like a contender.
Speaker 9: Well, they're swarming on the other team right now. They believe themselves. They're hungry. And it's the first time in a few years that we've really seen the Saint Louis Cardinals be what we have come to known over the years. Over the decades, the Saint Louis Cardinals organization, by the way that they the game. I'm talking about fundamentals and approaches that they've had at home plate so far in the first two games of this series. So we're going to find out. The other part two is I'm still mystified on why the local support has not been better than what we have seen. Bigger crowd yesterday, thirty four thousand after one of the smaller crowds ever to see a Dodger game. Really the smallest is nineteen ninety eight in the opening game of the series. It's not because of bad bad weather. Well it's been on the cool side, but today no reason not to be here. It's absolutely gorgeous and a good day to have a victory.
Speaker 5: A perfect day for a ball game today.
Speaker 8: Just looking up with the sky a little while ago, one thing's missing clouds. They do not have any in the sky above the ballpark here and that could be tough for the outfielders.
Speaker 5: That's big sun today.
Speaker 9: It is, and it's this alignment of the stadium very similar to what was beyond Leffield where the old ballpark Bush Stadium was. Yeah, it can be a little problem, especially up the middle. The other part two is they're expecting gusts up to twenty five to thirty miles an hour here this afternoon. Now, how much effect is going to have? It appears to be blowing out towards left center field, But what's the overall effect of the stands kind of blocking some of that wind? How does it affect the flight of the ball down on the field.
Speaker 8: Dodgers and Cardinals at Bush Stadium on a sunny Sunday afternoon, Dustin May three and two against Justin Robleski, the left hander is for and oh Tim.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first bitch on this Sunday.
Speaker 7: What are you thinking about for lunch?
Speaker 4: Dodger fans, Let me help you out a little Shaky's Pizza Parlor.
Speaker 7: Get your game day meal on order.
Speaker 4: Your Shaky's Pizza Chicken em Mojo's at shakys dot com. We're off and running here on WRONGO because you know Dodgers on deck coming up. You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We will check in with David Vasa of course throughout the hour we break down this pitching match up. We got your Dodgers magical moment. But up next your Otani rewind and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from SPORTSNETLA. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Cardinals on this Sunday from Saint Louis.
Speaker 10: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers name on your.
Speaker 1: Home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's a Dodgers and the Cardinals on this Sunday from Saint Louis.
Speaker 7: Justin road Blessi four to zero on.
Speaker 4: This season against old Fred Dustin May code Rehn pitching out for the Saint Lewis Cardinals.
Speaker 7: First pitch coming up had eleven fifteen.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewid well.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers yesterday struggled offensively as a team until the ninth Indian, where they scored a couple of runs with two outs on singles from Max Munsey and Eddie Paez. As far as show he Otani is concerned, yesterday he goes zero for four with a couple of strikeouts. Show Heo Tani now abouting two fifty two on this season with the six home runs and just thirteen RBI. He has not had an extra base hit since last Monday, when he had a double against the Miami Marlins. Hoping to shake things off, as is the Dodgers offense today, final game from Saint Louis coming up. We'll hear from Charlie Steiners. We lead you up to first pitch at eleven fifteen.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Wasson.
Speaker 4: Hey, Kirston now joins us on this Sunday morning, brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today your car could be picked up tomorrow. That easy donating now with carsfrokids dot org.
Speaker 7: That's Cars with a K.
Speaker 4: If only scoring runs were as easy as donating your car to Cars for Kids, he goes, Really, the last four games and beyond, this offense has not been anywhere to be seen.
Speaker 11: Well played, Tim, No, look, obviously, when you see just what this offense has been doing here now on a four game losing streak. In these four games, it's only scored two runs or less. So the offense, it's fair to say it really has not been existing at the moment. But it's a new day. There's always a way to turn the page.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 11: Even when you look at what happened late in last night's game, Yes, they were shut out early, there are a lot of double plays, but with how they handled the ninth inning, how they did create a rat how they scored two runs, you were starting to kind of see that passing out the baton. The hope is is that they can just carry that into today. Obviously, with facing it off against Tustin May, there is some familiarity, but it's going to be key for the offense to get going early because especially when you're struggling. Dave Roberts did say, if you can get a lead early in the game, that does just make it a little bit easier, so it's not so much pressure that's mounting by the end of the game.
Speaker 4: You mentioned his name, Dustin May, code Red. I haven't seen him in a minute, but here he is facing his former team.
Speaker 10: He sure is.
Speaker 11: And you know what, when you look at with Dustin May's been able to do this year as of late, he's been pitching much better.
Speaker 7: The velocity is starting to uptick.
Speaker 11: But I was talking to a few of the guys because obviously you think, like, okay, Like again, early in the season, the offense was excellent against high Velow, but right now things are kind of a little bit. Obviously in general, they've been a little bit off offensively. But I was asking, you know, like do you look at this as a benefit facing off against a former teammate, and they said, you know, yes, there is familiarity, but when it comes to us may no one wants to be traded during the season with a team that's just coming off of winning the World Series. I've seen it. We know what happened. Let them going back to back. So they do believe that he's going to be pitching with a chip on his shoulder. They do believe that that means like there's going to be a probably a check in velocity. But Dave Roberts was saying that that also means that when you're trying to sometimes do too much, there could be some space for errors, and the hope is that the offense can just take advantage of those mistakes. So they do expect Dustin to come out here wanting to prove himself and kind of what the Dodgers lost from him. He is an ultimate competitor. Who said it code read, we've seen it ourselves. So the hope is they can just find ways to get to him early and they know what they're going to get. But it's having a good plan and a good plan of attack to take advantage of it.
Speaker 4: One of the benefits of having Clayton Kershaw for so many years is he was that stopper in the instance that if they had a losing streak, he would stop it because you would go out there and pitch so well the offense would somehow get going and they get back on the winning track.
Speaker 7: And for Justin Robleski, he's pitched really well this year.
Speaker 4: Kind of flows out there like the right guy, right place, right day for him, you know what it does.
Speaker 11: But even when you look at just kind of this losing streak, I don't think it's fair to say it was the pitching staff, you know, like the pitching really has been great as of late last night, Rokie Susaki had that one inning where he struggled, but ultimately, you know, had a really solid outing. But you're right that with Justin Robleski, he has truly proven just how valuable he is. Whether it's to the rotation, whether it's to the bullpen, And obviously we know what he did in the postseason last year having a shutout performance and relief. But this year, I mean he's had a one five year o ra. The stuff has looked excellent. Even with talking to him, it's kind of funny because he's like, I don't really think I'm there just yet, Like, yeah, you know, I'm getting good results, but I feel like I'm still waiting for a little bit more velow to kick in with his lighter he wants to execute it a little bit sharper, and obviously the results are saying that everything is in a very good spot. So he is very much the right guy to take the ball today because he's been obviously out of like Shoho Toni, who is probably the Bessie Hurray on her rotation right now. But he has truly been one of those guys who goes out there, he competes, he's aggressive, and so yeah, the hope is that not only he can set the tone, but he can have that run sup support early so that it's not all the pressure on the pitching.
Speaker 7: Today, No doubt, Let's get a win today.
Speaker 4: Dodgers can then head to Houston for a three game step beginning tomorrow. Karriston, we appreciate it still to come here on Marongo because you know, Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 7: We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: David vessagoes one on one with Josh Rawitch, former Dodger PR Maybn, now president of the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York. He'll hear for him coming up in just a little bit. But up next we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager. Dave Roberts Dodgers Cardinals. First pitch at eleven fifteen. I'm Tim Kase's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 1: On your hope for the blue all season.
Speaker 4: Loss Marongo because you know Dodge deck continues on this Sundays that leads up to Dodgers and Cardinals from Morongo because you know resorted in Spy Grand Slam for good times. First pitch coming up at eleven fifteen.
Speaker 3: This is the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 4: Presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Edwin Diaz on the iel with the yellobow surgery, Mookie Bets on the IL with the right oblique strain, Tommy Edmund working his way back from off season ankle surgery. Blake Snells with the team, throwing bullpen sessions, two minor league rehab starts in Ontario, Brock Stewart in Triple A Oklahoma City. He seems like he's the closest ready to go. Bruce dar Gratterol pitched last night in Okay See, his first time on the Mounta since Game five of the twenty twenty four World Series, so he is training in the right direction as well.
Speaker 7: Let's head back out to Saint Lewis and check out with the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 5: Anything else Dave Questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 12: That's my expectation. I don't know how many we've lost in a row and the offense has and you know, we haven't performed. So this is one of those things where it's a gut check in the sense of you don't want to get swept. Do we have a chance to salvage a series? And you know this is it's certainly not a must win, but this is a game that we need to find a way to win. And collectively we need to pitch well, we need to hit, play defense, run the bases, all of that. So yeah, we got we got to turn this thing around.
Speaker 11: Me facing Destin May obviously there's some familiarity there, but even with talking to a few of the guys, I do expect Destin to be pitching with a chip on his shoulder. What do you want to see just when it comes to the Bats plan of attack, going up against a guy like.
Speaker 12: Destin, he's going to be He's going to be, uh, you know, out to prove a point. And obviously you're facing your your former team. I think with that there's going to be extra motivation, adrenaline, but that there's going to be mistakes. That's just what's going to happen, and we just got to be ready for the mistakes. And I say that because I think there's gonna be a lot of extra effort into his start. I know Dustin, I know he's an emotional guy and he's gonna really want to pitch.
Speaker 4: Well, so all right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts talking about Dustin May getting the start and the Dodgers need to snap this four game losing streak. Go we continue here on Dodgers on dep We'll check in with the David Veasey gets to the latest as we lead you up to Dodgers and Cardinals on this Sunday. I'm Tim Kayson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and Cardinals on this Sunday, Justin Robleski and old friend Dustin May. The pitching matchup from Bush Stadium in Saint Louis. First pitch coming up at eleven to fifteen. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Alpoto, born in LA and made for your game day. Al Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, salces and hot sauces right to your table, El Pato Gourmet and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 6: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger inside there, David Bassi.
Speaker 4: Right, DV here we are a couple of days into May, a good month into this season. How has the automated ball strike system work so far for the Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Well, it's worked really well for Will Smith because he has twenty three overturned challenges on thirty two calls, which are two ahead of the Marlins Augustin Ramirez for the top spot. That's a seventy two percent success rate. And so many times on Dodger Talk, Tim I still get calls on what exactly is the Dodgers' strategy when it comes to the abs. And when the Dodgers were home last week, I had a chance to catch up with Will Smith about how he goes about it behind the plate.
Speaker 13: No, it's not used as many as you can. I think it's, you know, another situation of the count, you know, kind of where we're at in the game when anywhere at was to score, you know, I think offensively, we've we've talked about trying to be a little more aggressive with it, firing a few more bullets at times instead of just leaving it to you know, Dalton and I. So it's just reading the game you know, if you're right. If you know you're right, call it. But other than that, like kind of know the situation, but also don't be afraid to fire a bullet.
Speaker 6: Have you noticed some homeplate umpires embrace it more than the others.
Speaker 13: Just to know. I think overall they've been really good. Actually, I think it kind of holds them accountable. You know, pitch to pitch, they got to be really locked in or else they're gonna get kind of embarrassed. If they don't want to be embarrassed. You know, they're all trying to do a really good job. And I think it just helps, you know, help.
Speaker 6: Some two things right there, Tim that I took away from his answer Number one. Early on the dodgery hitters were allowing pitches that many thought were obvious balls and not challenging them.
Speaker 10: We start to see more of that recently.
Speaker 6: He mentioned that number two, so talking about how umpires have to be locked in on every pitch because they don't want to get embarrassed.
Speaker 10: So only the way Will Smith can put things.
Speaker 4: David is brought to by the Ford Maverick Motor Trends of the North American Truck of the Year. The Ford Maverick everything you need in the most innovative truck with forty two miles per gallon at the best MSRP of its category. It's time to see Ford in a new light. Goodyear Southern California for dealers today, Dalton Rushing back in the lineup today, David in the final game of this series. Hard to argue his production in April, that this guy deserves a lot more playing opportunity, where though.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know that's the tough spot right there. Will Smith is one of the most clutch hitters and one of the leaders behind the plate for the Dodgers, and then you have a future Hall of Famer in Freddie Freeman. So when Dalton Rushing gets those opportunities, and he got more than many thought in the month of April, he ran with it. He has the second most home runs on the team behind Max month Sea's nine. Rushing coming into the game has seven home runs. So you know, it's a tough spot for the Dodgers, but certainly Dalton has handled it well. I know he wants to be an everyday player. He believes he's an everyday player, but there's really no spot for him right now on an everyday basis.
Speaker 4: David, is there a learning curve you think for Dalton Rushing in some of these viral moments.
Speaker 6: I think so, and I feel like it's already happened. I know some of the veterans on the last homestand kind of got with him and said, look, I know you're a passionate player, but you can't have those moments to give the other team even more bulletin board material against us. And you don't want to get any of your teammates hurt if they're retaliating because of what you said or what you did. So they don't want to take away his aggressiveness, him being as emotional and that was the word on him in the minor leagues. He's done a better job of controlling his emotions the last year and a half here. But certainly the veterans on this team, when you talk about the culture in that Dodger clubhouse, you don't really see too many guys go viral with what they're saying in the clubhouse, in the media, or on the fields. So I feel like the veterans are going to try to help navigate him. So he's not going as viral as he was in April.
Speaker 7: That is some good stuff, all right, Dave. We'll check back with you in just a little bit.
Speaker 4: Still to come here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, dv's gonna go one on one with Josh Rowitz, the president of the National Baseball Hall of Fame, former media relations director of course for the Dodgers back in the day. That's coming up, Plush a Dodgers Magical moment as we leads up to Dodgers and Cardinals on this Sunday, first pitch at eleven fifteen. I'm Tim Kas's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This this Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for.
Speaker 1: La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Saint Louis Cardinals on this Sunday. Justin Robluski, Dustin May and the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at a love fifteen.
Speaker 3: Without a hot Dog, who went a hot It's time for the Haffey Magical Moment Ditch Magical presented by Hawpy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 4: Well, the Dodgers taking on the Cardinals. We go back to October sixth, twenty twenty one, Dodgers Stadium. A wild Card game winner moves on losers season is over. It was the Dodgers and Cardinals tie in one. Going to the bottom half of the ninth, Innian Cody Bellinger drew a two out walk after a pitching change up came c t.
Speaker 14: Three raise on two and one, Taylor flip all the left and deep dun.
Speaker 15: Chris Taylor a walk up home run. The Dodgers are walking off to San Francisco. They win the wild Card three to one. Here hums Taylor to the plate. They are bombing him. The crowd is going crazy with Dodgers advance to the National League Division Series.
Speaker 10: We run the Mighty Swing.
Speaker 5: By Chris Taylor.
Speaker 4: Chris Taylor the lockoff to run home run on the bottom of the ninth innyan. Back in twenty twenty one, Dodgers beat the Cardinals in the wild card matchup to go on to the NLDS against the San Francisco Giants. This Hofey Magical momba brought to by Hofey Hot talks Haffey, so Cow's a local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hoffey Hot talks local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on deck. We'll check it with Charlie Steiner, who you just heard on the call. He and Rick are next as we lead up the first pitch of Saying Louis Dodgers and Cardinals. I'm Tim Kass the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue All Season log.
Speaker 4: Good Dodgers and Cardinals on this Sunday, Justin Robleski and Dustin May. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at eleven fifteen time. Now for the Brizon startup, as we are about thirty eight minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Varianzon, you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save me visit the Rizon store today.
Speaker 7: We have things off to Charlie Steyner.
Speaker 14: All right, Tim, get away day for the Dodgers, and the way things have been going lately, they can't get away from Saint Louis fast enough. Last night, the Cardinals scored three in the third, the Dodgers scored two in the ninth.
Speaker 1: That was the game.
Speaker 14: Cardinals beat the Dodgers three to two, and so the Dodgers now mo find themselves in a four game losing streak while the Cardinals have won six in a row. And who would have known this far into the season that the Dodgers and Cardinals would have the exact same record each at twenty and thirteen.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's unusual, to say the least. You and I we're talking off here. I mentioned this yesterday. We've had this conversation about the Saint Louis Cardinals, and there were a few years and we're just talking about recent years that they did not resemble the Saint Louis Cardinals fundamentally, the way that they played the game, the way that they structured the game. It had gone a little bit different direction. Well, now we're seeing that the wheels back on the track, and as you mentioned, yeah, identical record of what the Dodgers have at this particular time. And they just believe in themselves and it's a hungry ball club. They have the sprinkling of a lot of young players, and right now they're running on all cylinders and they're knocking on the door because the Saint Louis Cardinals, folks, along with the Cincinnati Reds, are just a game behind the Chicago Cubs for first place in the National League Central.
Speaker 14: Division, thankfully from the Dodger point of view, as they've been struggling, so have the Padres. So the Dodgers remained in first place in the National League West, but by one half game. So today, in fact, it is getaway Day, but last night the Dodgers losing again. In the last ten games, they're four and six as a team in a two thirty three batting average. Cardinals are six and four and a two sixty batting average. So you've got a team, the Dodgers, where everybody expected them to be terrific, and certainly twenty and thirteen is nothing to sneeze at. The Cardinals, on the other hand, young up and coming team who certainly can play some defense. They find themselves one game behind first place Chicago, tied with the Reds in the National League Central So you got a veteran team and a young team, and today it's not even the rubber game. The Dodgers seeking to salvage one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're going to have to hit better.
Speaker 9: They have not done that well. They're just two for twelve with runners in scoring position, a number that I look at a lot they just did not have a lot of people getting on base in last night's ball game. And then you start to look at the other picture. Besides the four in a row in the lost column, you know, they've been outscored of that period of time fifteen runs to seven, and they've just been out of sync. And for last night did not help either. They hit into four double plays. You talk about ending and inning in a hurry for dps and the Dodgers need some life and maybe in the ninth inning if they take anything away, maybe something is said, Hey, look we can string some advanced together. Don't necessarily have to hit the ball out of the ballpark, but strings some bass hits together and score some runs.
Speaker 14: It's been a long time since the team in the National League West has won a game, a collective nineteen game losing streak in the Western Division over the past ten games. The Rockies have the best record in the division at five and five. And that sounds like an audio misprint.
Speaker 1: But that's it, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 10: The Rockies have been the hottest team.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they have Arizona for example, three and seven, the Dodgers in the pandrez like you mentioned, four and six. The last ten, And for San Francisco, they're really having some issues. They're three and seven and seven games teams already behind the Dodgers, who lead the West.
Speaker 14: At least the Dodgers are beginning to get some offense. Ti Oscar Hernandez, Max Munsey six for twelve in the first two games of the series. The rest of the team is nine for fifty one, hitting won seventy six. So Teo has been hot six for eighteen in his last half dozen games, and Munthsey's having a terrific year two ninety nine a three to ninety on base percentage. And Freddie Freeman when he goes into Saint Louis not he's just the only Dodgers doing anything for real lifetime batting average at bush three sixty six, four to sixty four on base percentage. He likes the Cardinals and he likes Saint Louis, but not as much as the.
Speaker 1: Rest of this team.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 9: And for Freeman, he has been one of those hard luck hitters so far this season. He's hit the ball I think is hard, if not harder than anybody on this Dodger ball club. And maybe with Andy Pottis who was struggling. You know, coming to last night, the last thirteen games, he'd hit one eighty eight. Well, he had a on RBI single in the top of the ninth in last night's game, a couple of better approaches, but he's still having difficulty. And will find out in particular on that breaking ball away, and today will Dustin May, who's going to be on the mound for Saint Louis, attempt to go breaking balls away after he bust them up and in with the fastball. We'll find out.
Speaker 14: Sasaki last night his second quality start of his fourteen big league starts. Six innings, three runs and five hits. But the youngster who has really been impressive for the Dodgers E LEFTI justin Robluski four and oh and he's got an er of a buck and a half coming into today's game.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I know that Sasaki qualifies for a quality start. There was not much there was quality in the first three innings, and they start to look at some other things too. Sasaki in six starts now and here's the pitcher. His only john is to throw the ball over the plate. You know, he's thrown strikes only sixty point six percent of the time, he's going too deep in the counts. He's throwing way too many pitches six innings last night, over one hundred pitches, and that's got to turn around. And he needs to be a little bit more succinct in finding the strength zone and challenging hitters more often, just like he did in the final four innings of last night's game.
Speaker 14: Statistically a quality start. Artistically not necessarily, but Robleski had four and on a buck fifty era. When Snell comes back, the likelihood is Robleski will remain in the rotation.
Speaker 9: Well, no reason for him not to do at this particular time. Anxious to see. Also, I found something that I found very interesting, indeed, from last year to this year, is that Robleski has lowered his arm angle. Lowering the arm angle, Charlie, I think gives him a different spin as releases the baseball fastball in particular, and he seems to be getting more movement, which has caused problems for hitters.
Speaker 14: All the Dodgers leaving Saint Louis right after this game down to Houston. The Astros have been struggling, but we'll worry about that tomorrow, all right.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 4: Dodgers Baseball presented by uniclow Field at Dodger Stadium. Visit uniclod dot com. Slash us still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. Before first pitch, we'll get to those keys to the game. We'll break down this pitching matchup. But up next we go high and Tye with former Dodger media relations director now president of the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooper's Town, New York, Josh Rowitch. That's next, So lead you up to Dodgers and Cardinals. I'm Tim Kases, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Cardinals on this Sunday, Jester Robluski Dustin May.
Speaker 7: The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up in eleven fifteen.
Speaker 4: Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 3: Now, what will likely be vass fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 7: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 6: Well, last weekend was a great celebration weekend for Rick Monday, who fifty years ago saved the American Flag at Dodger Stadium wearing the Cubs uniform. Not only was Rick celebrated at Dodger Stadium, but he's going to be celebrated the rest of the summer in Cooperstown at the Baseball Hall of Fame as the American flag that Rick Monday brought back to Dodgers Stadium is now at the Baseball Hall of Fame and is going to be part of the country's two hundred and fiftieth celebration out there in Cooperstown. And right now is a man that was joined at the hip with Rick Monday last weekend at Dodgers Stadium. And he's the man, a great eight one eight man from Chatsworth High School, and he is now the president of the Baseball Hall of Fame, the one and only Josh Rawitch. Josh, thanks a lot for the time and it was great to see you back at Dodgers Stadium last weekend.
Speaker 2: Thanks David. I love being I love representing the eight one to eight. But more importantly, I love being back that way and seeing all of you guys.
Speaker 10: So thank you, Josh. You've been around Rick Monday a long time.
Speaker 6: Had you ever come that close to the American flag that he saved back in nineteen seventy six?
Speaker 2: No, I really hadn't. Honestly, it's funny. I was thinking about this recently, the twenty five years ago when he was celebrating the twenty fifth anniversary of this incredible moment. I was a writer for Dodgers dot Com and I wrote about it for the Dodgers' website, So pretty crazy that quarter century later, I was part of the team that transported it back here, and it's now in our vaults, getting ready for exhibit here coming up very soon in Cooperstown.
Speaker 6: Can you share with us for baseball fans that are coming out for the inauguration weekend for the new class of this year's Baseball Hall of Fame and throughout the entire summer the celebration of America's two hundred in fiftieth birthday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, this bag and this exhibit is a big focal point for that. But all summer long we'll be celebrating America to fifty and it kicks off over Memorial Day weekend. Moe is actually going to play in our Military Classic, which is a tribute to service and sacrifice. Obviously he's a very proud veteran. So we have several former Big leaguers who were veterans that are going to be playing in this game, and many players who played in the Big Leagues who either had family members who served or supported the troops. So it all starts Memorial Day weekend and all sorts of cool events here, and we're also going to have the opening of a different exhibit that weekend, the Rules of Baseball, which go back to eighteen fifty seven, literally the document that from the Convention of eighteen fifty seven that codified baseball rules. So all sorts of cool stuff for people to see here in Cooperstown. And then he'll be back again Hall of Fame weekend in late July to be honored once again for his dedication to raising awareness for military causes and for that move fifty years ago that saved the flag at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 10: That's amazing.
Speaker 6: And when you talk about having the rules of baseball, were those written by Alexander Kartwright, what are the rules of baseball?
Speaker 10: What do they look like?
Speaker 2: So it really is, in a way almost like a constitution document. If you go to the Smithsonian, you go to one of the museums in DC, and you see behind the really special glass. These were basically about about fifteen pages or so that came out of the Knickerbocker Convention in fifty seven. So it wouldn't have been Kartwright. It would have been a group of people who were part of the New York Knickerbockers, and they got together in February of fifty seven to try to start to figure out, Hey, which rules we want to play by? We all had There's a lot of different ways the game is being played. And there's a gentleman in San Diego named Hayden Trubitt who bought these rules about ten years ago or so and is loaning them to us for the next five years. So rick flag is only on display this summer. The Rules of Baseball will be out for the next five years here in Cooperstown, alongside all sorts of other really cool stuff to come see and do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, of course, the Baseball Hall of Fame is definitely a pilgrimage every baseball fans should take at some point in time in their lives. And we're joined right now by the President of the Baseball Hall of Fame, Josh Rawitch. And Josh obviously, the country's two hundred and fiftieth birthday did not sneak up on you.
Speaker 10: How long did it.
Speaker 6: Take to work with Rick and his wife, Barbara Lee to plan on getting the American flag to honor not only America's birthday, but the anniversary of him saving the flag fifty years ago.
Speaker 2: Well, you're right, it's not an easy process, and they've been very careful. It really has never left their possession since this happened fifty years ago. So I think I may have first mentioned it to him maybe three years ago or so, I think when the Dodgers had the All Star Game, maybe, or at some point a couple summers ago, And then it was last spring training. We sat down for dinner and I kind of explained to him the care and the tension of detail that our team puts into making sure that it's safe, it's secure, that it's in proper humidity and light and temperature controlled casing. So once I think he realized he and Barbara Lee understood just how closely we'd look after it. They started thinking more seriously about it, and then just I guess it was late last fall, Rick was honored by the Bob Feller acta Valor foundation in DC, and I went to that event and they let us know that they were on board. They were going to let us bring this thing to Cooper's Down And honestly, everybody here is so excited because it's just it's so rare to have something that unique. I mean, it's just such a We have an incredible collection of baseballs and bats and gloves and all these amazing things from Dodger history and baseball history, but this is this is about as singular and artifact as you can get. There is nothing else like this, and to have it here this summer is going to be really cool.
Speaker 6: When can fans start to see it? When can they start to see this exhibit that you and the Hall of Fame have put together this summer? What's the first date of you know, fans wanting to plan a trip out there to see all this.
Speaker 2: So the Memorial Day weekend in May May twenty second, third, fourth, we'll open the exhibit on Friday night in a little bit of a private event, and then Saturday, which is the day of the Classic. Fans, there are still tickets available for that, So if people wanted to make a trip from a Royal Day weekend, I highly recommend it. It's a really cool time here and it'll run all the way through Labor Day weekend. That's usually our kind of busy season here in Cooperstown, and then we'll eventually return it to him as we get into the fall. But if you want to see the flag, you got to come this summer. And then there's all sorts of other amazing Dodger stuff here. I mean, you can imagine every year we collect artifacts from the World Series. So there's a whole exhibit focused on the twenty five championship with all sorts of cool things from Migul Rojas and Otani and Freddy and then you just go back and time Jackie Robinson and Campanella, Drysdale, Cofax, just artifacts from Dodger history that would really blow Dodger fans' minds if they came out here to see it.
Speaker 6: And to get tickets to the Baseball Hall of Fame. It's simple Baseballhall dot Org is where you can make all your plans. And you brought up last year's World Series. We did see you during the World Series last year. What do you have from Miguel Rojas since he was the hero to save the season.
Speaker 2: Well, it's actually an amazing story. We really were a little hesitant to ask for his bat, and we had Freddie had already confirmed that he was giving us his bat from the eighteen eighty Games, so we actually asked Rojas for his batting gloves and he had said, you know, I promise these to the patron saint in Venezuela. And I said, well, we can't possibly ask you to take it back from that promise, and he said, what if I gave you the bat, which is really pretty special. So we do have here on display Miguel's bat, alongside jerseys from Shohey and Dave Roberts, and the glove that Mookie used to turn the final double play, all all sorts of cool stuff from not only that World Series, but obviously the one before it, all of the Dodgers Championships, the last out ball from nineteen eighty eight, all just I mean, honestly, a Dodger fan who comes here is going to have an amazing time and play some golf, get on the lake and see America's most perfect village.
Speaker 6: Josh, thanks a lot for the time. Looking forward to seeing how this exhibit comes together beginning Memorial Day weekend. Rick Monday the American flag that he saved fifty years ago part of an incredible exhibit at Baseball's Hall of Fame in Cooperstown. And the man that has the vision for all this is the President of the Baseball Hall of Fame, Josh Rawitch. Josh, thanks a lot, and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Speaker 2: Thanks Dave being on and talking to you guys.
Speaker 10: Take care all right.
Speaker 6: Baseballhall dot org is where you can get all your tickets, set up your whole trip for the Baseball Hall of Fame.
Speaker 10: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 4: Tim all right, thanks a lot of DV some quality eight one to eight chatter right there, Josh Rowich out of Chatsworth, of course, longtime Dodger and media relations Maven now running the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York. As you lead you after first pitch, Dodgers and Cardinals from Saint Louis up next we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 7: Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim kase Is.
Speaker 4: Back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Wrongo Sino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: Dodgers Cardinals on this Sunday.
Speaker 4: First pitcher Saint Louis coming up at eleven fifteen.
Speaker 3: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchouts.
Speaker 7: Rot you by here, toyo to dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 4: Dustin May on the mound three and two five, twenty eight ERA twenty eight year old right handed downt his eight season in the big leagues, fastball sinkers, sweeper cutter, making his seventh start this year for the Cardinals. Longtime Dodger won a couple of World Series with them. Traded last year to the Red Sox. He has held the opponents to tour and runs or fewer and four straight starts last time out six innings, two runs, seven hits, two strikeouts and a no decision against the Pirates, facing the Dodgers, his former team for the first time in his career. Justin Robuski on the mound for the Blue. Twenty five year old left hand or four OH the one to fifty ERA. Third season in the big leagues, He's done it all, making his fifth start, sixth appearance as the starter this year. Four starts, four to oh the sub one ERA last time out, six shutout innings, four hit, six strikeouts, four walks. Didn't have his command, got the win over the Cubs. He against the Cardinals. His face him a couple of times now one and one with a five seventy nine ERA and two starts and three games. Justin Robluski Dustin May the pitching matchup Dodgers Cardinals for fifteen minutes away from first pitch.
Speaker 7: Keys to the game, Our next.
Speaker 4: Tim Kase's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue All season long.
Speaker 7: Dodgers and Cardinals.
Speaker 4: One final time Saint Louis is one of the first two games of this three game series. Dodgers looking to avoid getting swept out of Saint Louis as they hit the Houston for a three game series after this. Justin Robleski Dustin May the pitching matchup in the series finale. So we get you ready for the start of the game with the Supporo Start garat moments, Start with Sapporo beer.
Speaker 7: Whatever your taste preference.
Speaker 4: Soporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beer. Pooh, good with sushi, great with baseball? All right, before first pitch, we head back out to the booth at Bush Stadium as we check in with Tim nevern Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Guys, Tim, thanks again as we count you down to the first pitch this afternoon in Saint Louis in the shadow of the Arch on the banks of the Mississippi River. The Dodgers and left hander Justin Robleski to the mound.
Speaker 5: He is four and zero with a one.
Speaker 8: Five zero era, his era right now second in the National League only to show hey Otani, who wrapped up his throwing program a little while ago, and he will pitch Tuesday in Houston against the Astros. But Robleski has been nothing if not very good.
Speaker 9: Well, he's been a breath of fresh air. Not only the low er, but how about the batting average against just one eighty three? What we will be watching what I'm going to be watching something I found last night just looking at some numbers. He lowered his arm angle towards the end of last year. What difference does that make? Wills of a five degree difference, and it's giving him a better run, better spin, and better movement. The ball going away from right handed batters a little bit more and in the lefties. So he dropped it down a little bit more. We'll find the effectiveness year this afternoon, Dust.
Speaker 8: And May going. He got his World Series ring two days ago. Now he's a cardinal pitching against his former teammates. First two starts he gave up thirteen runs over seven and a third innings. His last four starts, he's only allowed five in runs, six runs total and twenty three and a third inning. So he's been much better over his last four.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and not primarily a fastball pitcher, only twenty seven percent on the fastball, then the slider, the curve, the cutter, and the change up on top of it. One big change that he has made. He's controlled the running game much better last year fifteen stolen bases out of nineteen attempts so far this season, zero and two when trying to steal off the big right hander.
Speaker 8: The right hander Dustin May for the Cardinals the lefty Justin Robluski for the Dodgers, teams with identical twenty and thirteen records as they enter this ballgame, the Dodgers trying to salvage one in this three game set.
Speaker 4: Tim all right, Dodgers twenty and thirteen, losers of four in a row, only a half game up on the Padres, who are in action later on today against the Chicago White Sox. The only good thing is that the Padres continue to lose as well. They are half game back of the Dodgers in the standings. They too, have dropped four in a row. The Dodgers during this four game losing streak, offensive struggles to twenty five average a five point fifty nine ops, zero home runs, they're averaging under two runs per game, and they're hitting two hundred as a team with runners in scoring position. Dodgers have lost four in a row. The Cardinals have won six in a row. That's got to change today in this series finale. Justin Robleski, Dustin May, I'll be back with the post game and Dodger talk as well.
Speaker 7: When this thing is over and the Dodgers head to Houston. First pitch.
Speaker 4: Next, enjoined everybody, I'm Tim Kass, the back to back world Champion Dodgers Audio Network