Speaker 1: Oh, Joe in the Morning Show. Good to have you guys here with us today show over with yet?
Speaker 2: Do n't know you're not over with?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: One one more break, one more break? We got left?
Speaker 1: Hey, real quick, I want to talk about War of the Roses for Thursday, real quick. I just want to promote this War the Roses on Thursday. I think we got the okay to air this a War of the Roses that we taped a long time ago, some time ago, where a daughter was worried that her dad was cheating on her mom. And because of some issues that took place during this War of the Roses us, namely finding out that this guy was cheating and the family being kind of divided and having issues, we didn't air this thing, you know right away. Thursday, we're going to and we're going to get an update from the daughter on how things are going in their family. So this is Thursday Day Morning or the Roses. You know, we do it on Tuesdays at seven forty nine on Thursdays at seven.
Speaker 2: And nine o'clock. So be with us for that, all right.
Speaker 1: Mojo in the Morning Show Phone number eight four to four, Mojo Live Text ninety five to five zero zero. I appreciate you guys for listening and calling and texting when you do text. If you don't want to text your comment, but want to just text, hey, I want to get on the air with you guys, and you have a story that relates, just text call me to us and we'll we'll get you on the show. Shannon and her husband Wes are always wonderful with each other, except for now. Shannon has changed. She says, I am tired of always trying to help you and you're not helping yourself.
Speaker 4: I actually quit. I am submitting my official notice right now, and I know he's listening. I think he's listening. He better be listening. You quit, wit, Why are you quitting that?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: He told me to hold him accountable when it comes to sugar, so I feel like he's a healthy guy in general. I'm using air quotes, but he has the worst sweet tooth. And admittedly I have junk food, a lot of junk food all over the house.
Speaker 2: I am bad with it, my kids are.
Speaker 4: Bad with it, and I've busted him so many times with like Reese's peanut butter hearts, chocolate covered pretzels, I made brownies on Sunday, all the cookies. He went out to Whole Foods and bought what he calls healthy pop tarts, which there's really no such thing. And he's asked me, please hold me accountable. I really kind of want to, you know, get back on track with the way I'm eating and training and all of those things. And so when I say something to him about it, like I see him eating you know, missus Tate's cookie if you ever had those, very popular in our house, I'm like, hey, you told me to tell you know, you told me to tell you not to eat it. Don't eat that, And he will come up with some excuse as to why it's okay. Well, I'm about to work out the I don't know sugar, I need the It's gonna be okay. Last night, I legit chased him out of the kitchen and into the basement because I saw him grab something from like I call our treat pantry and put it in his mouth really fast and ate it. And I went downstairs. I could see he still something with his hand. I'm like, you told me to hold you accountable, and then you make me chase you, and I go show me your hand, and before he even put out his hand. He stuffed the rest of it in his mouth and ate it. I'm like, I'm done. You asked me to help you, you fight me on it.
Speaker 2: That's it, no more. I don't care anymore. You guys have an interesting life. By the way, why because.
Speaker 5: You guys are both skinny people and you worry about that. It's not about being skinny. It is about how he fuels his body. That's a really important thing to him, not so much to me. So he asked for somebody to hold him accountable. But then he doesn't want to do it, so I'm not doing it anymore.
Speaker 2: So he is hiding in the basement eating his food. He cheats. But he asked me to do one thing, he does completely another.
Speaker 1: How many now, how many? How many of these cookies is he?
Speaker 4: I have no idea, like, well, you know how many?
Speaker 1: I don't care. So wait, so you buy a big package from Costco. Why are you buying them? Then?
Speaker 2: If he doesn't want.
Speaker 1: Because want them, well too bad the rest of us do. I can't have stuff like that in the house. I have to literally, you know, uh say no, it's not allowed to be in the house.
Speaker 4: Well, just because one person doesn't want to eat. It doesn't mean the rest of us have to suffer. Yeah, so I'm still buying they.
Speaker 1: Are, But what if you got to eat the whole thing? Once you start? Is no stopping?
Speaker 2: They like then, like a thing? Is it?
Speaker 1: The ones that taste very buttery? But they're like yeah, okay, So quick quick question. If this were alcohol he was sneaking and he was an alcoholic, would you still be drinking your alcohol around the house and having him red? No, you would not. You would probably get rid of all the alcohol that's deep, and you wouldn't quit on him.
Speaker 3: This is.
Speaker 2: Alcoholism right now. He needs help, Let him have He was like, ohbes on my six hundred pound life. But this is just him trying to work like I don't have no people ask for help. Doesn't want my help anymore.
Speaker 1: Problem you little caesars getting six Listen. I have sympathy for them because I've been there before. You ain't never been. I've been getting eighty I was, I was, yeah, but real quick, I want to go to the hide in the food thing. It's nice to know that that people who are, you know, good looking like West hide from eating from their signition, from eating it I understand because that sounds like this. I always said, that's the sign of a fat man. But that is not the sign of a fat man because he ain't fast inner fat kid. And as they made maybe he got an inside West used to be fat.
Speaker 2: See he did. Yeah, having ever heard me talk about fat? We've never seen a fat picture? Yeah, I want to. I want to see it too. At West with the frosted tips.
Speaker 1: Fat West, And he frosted his tips too. He didn't try to hide being fat. Like, here's just the meaning. Hold on, Mary, what's going on?
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty good. I can so relate to Shannon because I'm a diabetic and I have.
Speaker 6: To bring my a one c down.
Speaker 3: That is the hardest thing to do is to not go and get that special brownie.
Speaker 6: That's not a special special, but a special brownie.
Speaker 2: That cake wonderful. Yes, so you have to.
Speaker 1: So do you ever, like, uh, sneak it and have to hide it from your family they ate it or do they know you ate it because you end up passing out probably from a diabetic goma.
Speaker 6: No, I don't need that much. No, but don't, No, I don't, I don't. I mean, you know, everybody needs.
Speaker 3: That piece of chocolate or that candy cane or something like that.
Speaker 2: My favorite Mary is, my favorite Marry is.
Speaker 1: I've pulled the West before where I'm getting ready to go to bed. Chelsea's already, you know, brushing her teeth and getting ready, probably already in bed, watching like you know, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. And I come walking in the room and she goes, what were you doing out there? I'm like, oh, I was taking care of the dogs. And she's like, the dogs are in here? What were you doing out there? And I smile, and I got eminem peanuts in my in my mouth, you know, from eating them. I'll hide in the pantry and eat stuff. This is this is stuff.
Speaker 2: Like it is frustrated. That's when he does it too.
Speaker 4: It's so frustrating that when you ask for help and then I find him in the damn basement stuffing his face with cookies.
Speaker 1: So you saying that you quit quit from helping them? Are you what happens if Fat West comes back?
Speaker 2: Then you love tips?
Speaker 1: Would you here's a hypothetical question for you, Would you guys love each other if you guys both let each other, let yourselves go.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't be getting I wouldn't have gotten married to him if that were the case, that I would stop loving him if he, you know, gained weight.
Speaker 1: That would do you think he would love you if you got it? Like if you all of a sudden became fat, Channing, Have.
Speaker 2: You ever been fashioned? Not really? I mean I've been a hundred pounds.
Speaker 1: If you were one hundred pounds heavier than you are today, do you think that Wes would love you or would he tell you that you need.
Speaker 2: To lose weight?
Speaker 4: Oh, he'd probably tell me. Would Yeah, he wouldn't, and he wouldn't be mean about it. He would just you know, come up with some sort of way to get me to eat healthier and go to the gym with him.
Speaker 2: He would like what if you got a haircut like you did was a little girl? You the is iconic. My parents hated me.
Speaker 1: Okay, Kevin, what would you do if you married if you married a girl if she got one hundred pounds? Well, you like fit girls as it is not, But if they were really different between think and fat, Like in Barbaraca they say it's a difference between a woman with a big ass and a big ass woman.
Speaker 2: A difference. What would you do? What would you do? Would you say something to you know?
Speaker 1: What's interesting is like you can't always see the person gaining weight almost until it's too late. Yeah, right, Like even when you live in your life you look at me and be like, damn, when did I gain.
Speaker 4: These twenty five I would hope that most people in a loving relationship wouldn't be like your you got fat. Instead you say it in a way Okay, no.
Speaker 2: Because that's the relationship I would have with my partner.
Speaker 1: My partner now like hopefully we could have those kinds of conversations where I'd be.
Speaker 2: Like, you get in the middle of the night, would you stick her with an oze pic you would ye. I'm like, we got bad, But this is spider bitches, So what's going on, VICKI, how you doing?
Speaker 7: Oh my god, you guys are cracking me up.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 7: I had to band sugar from my house because my husband would always bring it. But he's one of those that can eat a couple of cookies or a don't up.
Speaker 2: And I was the type that like.
Speaker 7: If there's a package of cookies there, every time you know, you walk into the kitchen, you walk out of the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can I tell you something? I almost and you.
Speaker 7: Have to take it.
Speaker 3: I'd make him you have.
Speaker 1: To work truck, Yeah, ChEls. If you look at our pantry what it used to be to now what it is, because you know we're both trying to be healthy.
Speaker 2: We do not have food in our house.
Speaker 1: Our son comes home from college and he, no joke, has to like leave and go to the shell station down the street to go get stuff or he has the door to ask.
Speaker 7: My daughter stops at the grocery store on our way home for breaks and summer stuff because he ain't here.
Speaker 1: You want it's Yeah, it used to be a funhouse we had now no longer a funhouse.
Speaker 2: We got rid of all the fun mirrors. What's going on?
Speaker 5: Uh, Tiffany high I I texted in saying that my husband would tell me to lose weight, but it's.
Speaker 6: Not exactly the same. He wouldn't be like upset, but I have severe health issues, so he would get on me extremely bad, telling me to lose weight.
Speaker 2: How are you now?
Speaker 6: I got really sick and I lost this on a way, So now he tells me the opposite to gain weight back.
Speaker 2: Interesting? What did you have happened to you, Tiffany, Are you okay?
Speaker 6: I wasn't able to eat anymore.
Speaker 8: My esophagus got too small and clothed, so I was on a eating tube and went from like two hundred pounds down to about one sixty in a month.
Speaker 2: And a half. Oh my goodness, Wow, are you gonna be okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I'm uh well, I'm on stricter medication and things now, so I'm back to being like one seventy five and I'm healthy, but I'm five eleven.
Speaker 2: So do you like your boy?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you like sicker girls like you like some fit but sticker.
Speaker 1: So wow, Well we're hoping for for everything'll be okay.
Speaker 2: Janet, what's up?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 3: I think West has a legit food addiction. I'm a psychologist and I've worked with people that have just a bad relationship.
Speaker 1: With food because I use food for comfort, you know what I mean? Like, that's my thing. Is is that something that Wes does? Is he?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. Or is it just a sugar just once like sugar at the end of the night.
Speaker 3: You know, it's the hiding that is the key piece, the hiding part. You have to hide what you're doing from your partner. You have to run to the basement and hurry up and stuff it in your face so that the person doesn't catch you. So it's the secrecy part. Hiding in the pantry mojo not good.
Speaker 1: Does Shannon have anything to worry about with Wes doing this? Hiding in the basement thing is the next level. We have to call him to see where he's going to send a dozen free donuts.
Speaker 2: Hi, this is Bob.
Speaker 1: I'm calling from from donuts bloom dot com and I want to know where you'd like to send a dozen free powdered sugar donuts. No, but I will say this to you. When I stress is one thing. Stress is a big deal with me. Like if I'm unhappy, I eat. If I'm happy, I eat. If I'm not happy, I eat, I eat. Whenever I have anything like, I use it for comfort. It's a comfort for.
Speaker 3: Me, so exactly, and you understand exactly why you do it. I don't know if Wes knows why he's doing it. But the key piece is Shannon's not going to uh try to hold him accountable because that's his job.
Speaker 2: She quit.
Speaker 1: Kind What kind of a wife, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Well? No, because that was really passive, aggressive way of trying to get her to I mean, it's like a kid, don't eat the girl scout cookies. You're going to ruin your dinner. You know, It's that kind of thing. She it's good that she stopped. He just needs to figure out why he needs to fight it if it's not affecting his health. I think that's the key piece.
Speaker 1: Janet's a psychologist on the phone with us right now. That's interesting. Thank you for thank thank you for the call here right now. You know what this, this whole conversation makes me want to do is get Tate's chocolate chip cookies.
Speaker 2: Go get them. Where do I get them? Manere? I guess Croker, Casco, wherever cookies are sold. Where? All right, we're done for what's that, Janet?
Speaker 3: Nothing I was saying. I was going to say a long time, second.
Speaker 1: Time, welcome, Thank you, We appreciate it. Thanks for keeping us straight, Janet, we appreciate you.
Speaker 3: All righty, take care of yourself