Speaker 1: All right, it's Mojo in the morning show. So this weekend was a fun weekend. I did so much. I got to hang out with Luke a ton, my son.
Speaker 2: Luke.
Speaker 1: We went golfing together, and we probably should not have. And this is what's weird now, having a son that you can drink with. It's probably not a good idea for us to go golfing together because he and I are the same personalities. So we were both drinking, and then the drinks that we were buying, we were also having them put floaters on top of the drinks.
Speaker 3: So that's so fun.
Speaker 1: It was so Luke was drinking transfusions and I was drinking.
Speaker 3: The Bourbon lemonades.
Speaker 1: They were both frozen, so they're both like like slurpiece and then they floated on top of Luke's more vodka on his It's like an extra shot, an extra shot basically on top.
Speaker 4: And I tell you to take a set, They'll usually like, I'll do it with high Nunes. You go somewhere, you get a heih nuon They'll tell you take a set and then they pour an extra shood.
Speaker 1: Which, by the ways, needed highs have no alcohol at all.
Speaker 3: There's great up so you got to try to have a one with a shot, telling you.
Speaker 1: Really what kind of kind of shots you put in there, like a Grand Marne or what that might be true.
Speaker 5: I would say, whatever you got, yeah, you got it, you know to keep yeah, just take this shot.
Speaker 3: All right? So I got to tell you this part of the story.
Speaker 1: So I uh, Luke decided that he was his Some of his friends said that they were going to go and want to golf with Luke. So Luke said, Hey, after I get done golfing, let's just come here and we'll golf here. So his buddy showed up. So Luke was Luke did thirty six holes. Well, I and Andrew, that's how drunk. That's how drunk he was too. By the way that he wanted to do thirty six holes, I could barely do eighteen. So we get done golfing and I cannot drive home. There is no way I'm driving home. But I want to go home because I need to go home. I want to go home, and I need to go home right now. So I call for an Uber now, mind you, and where are my Uber drivers at this morning? I know I got a ton of them that listened to the show you guys from time to time will call us up and you'll be listening to us and with passengers everywhere rolls. I go to my phone and I'm a mile away from my house. Literally, it's like one point seven miles. I do my Uber. I'm looking and I'm going, oh my god, there's no ubers in the area. And the only Uber I could find in the area was an uber XL.
Speaker 3: It cost me.
Speaker 1: Forty dollars to go one point seven miles walk. I could barely walk. I could barely walk, And honestly, you're right, I probably should have asked them.
Speaker 3: It's like one of them golf carts and drop you off. Yeah, that's a great idea.
Speaker 1: Can I get a would I get a dui and a golf cart? I'm gonna ask that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: I actually should have just asked somebody that was leaving and said, hey, can I give you? Would you ever give a stranger a ride for twenty bucks?
Speaker 3: That's not really a stranger though. I feel like if you're golfing with them, or you're like, but I wasn't golfing with them. I only got golf with a serial killer, freaking country club golf. Yeah, you never know.
Speaker 1: I golfed, yeah, by the way, but yes, there was a guy at There was a guy at the place that I golf at that literally is in jail right now for a rape. So yeah, you don't want to so all right, so let me tell you. Let me tell you this. The uber guy pulls up and I'm thinking to myself, this guy has bettered me. So it was a super Roo outback?
Speaker 3: Is that the biggest super Roo? I think, Uh, the big super ro knows name's Kelsey. I know, I don't know who that is.
Speaker 1: Oh oh all right, now I get it, Okay, I'm like Kelsey, I didn't know that there was Travis Kelcey.
Speaker 3: Uh okay.
Speaker 1: So I so I am waiting for this car to pull up, and I'm thinking, if I'm paying forty dollars and I get into this bastard's car and it smells or it's it's like an early you know, like uh, you know, two thousands edition or something like that, you know, with one hundred and ten thousand miles on.
Speaker 3: It, I'm gonna be pissed, like I'm expecting a brand new car, even if it's a mile and a halsh.
Speaker 1: No, if I pay forty dollars for a mile and a half. This guy's gonna pick me up and a car that is going to massage my back and.
Speaker 3: Have a glass of champagne ready for me.
Speaker 1: He's gonna have mints in a little cup holder. He's gonna have little bottled waters. He's gonna have everything in this that I had your nineteenth hold in there. Believe me, got none of it.
Speaker 3: None of it.
Speaker 1: Guy pulls up in this super He didn't even have his air conditioning on, he had windows open. I was like, this bastard. First of time, I guarantee you he bought that car, probably from Kelsey.
Speaker 3: He bought it used a little outrageous. And also by the way Uber and.
Speaker 4: Their classifications, it is such a load of crap right now, because every once in a while, especially if Wes and I are like or my friends and I are going somewhere really nice, I'll be like, Okay, we're gonna get Uber black, like well, you know, splurge a little bit.
Speaker 3: And then somebody shows up.
Speaker 4: In like a nineteen ninety five and I'm like, no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: No no no no.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's got like shaggy carpet that was wet and you can smell.
Speaker 3: It's just no, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You cannot be. You cannot uber be charging uber black prices on a late model car.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I feel like that happens more and more insane thing.
Speaker 4: I think sometimes I'll choose comfort because it says newer vehicles, and it's the same thing where I'm like, dude, this is the car your parents gave you, Like you know, that was their vehicle for twenty years before you turn sixteen, and you still have it twenty years later.
Speaker 5: I got to be a demand thing, I would say, like, it's got to be so many people on the app that they need to drive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, first world problems for sure, I completely understand this.
Speaker 1: But then I am ubering because I'm going to tell you this right now. If I can get paid forty dollars for just a mile of my gas, I mean, come on, I.
Speaker 4: Want to tell you. I started using Lyfts a little bit just because there were so many promos on the app and always have a great experience with lift.
Speaker 3: Yeah, every single time somebody told me of another app too, and I don't even know what it is.
Speaker 1: I know they have a uber Lyft and there was somebody that's telling me that they have they do some other one that remember you know what used to be a great service, the Designate.
Speaker 3: Do you remember the Designate.
Speaker 4: I only used it one time, and they drove your car home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they would. They had two people come out and get you. Yeah, one person would. You would drive in your own personal car, but you would be in the passenger seat and then one of the people would drive and then they would drop you off. And it typically was an expensive thing. It was like one hundred bucks usually to get home like it was, they were going to charge one hundred flat. But you know what, at least you got your car there and you don't have to uber back to wherever he was.
Speaker 5: If we get in an accident, and I mean you're uber, I can get dropped off and walk away. If you're driving my vehicle, then I gotta go through insurance.
Speaker 3: And do all this.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: To be fair, the bird didn't exist yet when the Designate was around.
Speaker 3: They didn't. We didn't have uber here yet. Yeah, but the Designate.
Speaker 1: The reason why they went out of business was exactly what Kevin was saying, was that the insurance people would not cover it. So there was enough people that you know, can you imagine you imagine being the guy in the designate You pull up in a late model Suber Route to go drive somebody home, and the guys got himself like the nicest car in the world clearing hold on a second security guard at Anthony is also an Uber driver. Forty dollars for one mile. Anthony, I got robbed. I need you to do security for me.
Speaker 6: Okay, well I can do that. I would have did that for you on your birthday.
Speaker 3: You know, I want to throw you.
Speaker 6: I'd have got you together. But I want to just tell you something that out of that forty dollars you got charged, we probably only see like between eleven and thirteen dollars of it.
Speaker 3: It's nuts. Well, I'm going to tell you that.
Speaker 1: I'm just I even gave the guy like a tip, and I and they had like the tip they wanted me to. They wanted one of the tips to be a ten dollars tip for a mile. A mile they wanted they wanted ten dollars. I'm like, I ain't getting a ten dollars. They'll give you five. We'll compromise. Hey yeah, hey, what kind of car do you drive?
Speaker 3: Because in what what level, is it?
Speaker 7: I got a twenty twenty three Ford Explorer.
Speaker 3: Okay, now that's not bad part. That could be a black right, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 7: It's considered a uber black or comfort or you know, because most people that I pick up, like I'm picking up im getting ready to pick up somebody now and like three miles before I go to the hospital, you know, picking up somebody now, and they.
Speaker 3: They ordered over. My buddy Brian does this.
Speaker 1: My buddy Brian works for Progressive and he ubers on his way to work. If it's close to his work, he makes me they pay for his gas. What is considered an uber black? Like what boxes do you have to check off to the uber black?
Speaker 3: Because black black?
Speaker 7: Yeah, like top of the line black on black.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 7: Like it looks damn it looks like a secret service car.
Speaker 3: But how do how do.
Speaker 4: Some of these divers get around it? Truly, Anthony, because I wasn't joking when I said that. Like an earlier early two thousands or late nineties, I don't know, Tahoe or suburban pulled up and I was like, no, no.
Speaker 1: His Tahoe was like five models ago and through those checkboxes.
Speaker 7: I got that I don't know usually from what I hear, people go to quote unquote mechanics that they know.
Speaker 1: Or they put the different Some guys lie about what car they have too.
Speaker 3: What's going on, Marvin? Then the lift driving Marvin.
Speaker 1: Marvin actually got me a lot of lottery tickets for my birthday.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Marvin. I did not. I wouldn't be here. If I did, I would, I'd.
Speaker 1: Be Actually, I wouldn't be complaining about my forty dollars uber. What's up, buddy?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: Doesn't too much?
Speaker 2: I was going to say too that they did.
Speaker 6: They changed the classification because they used to have luxury and they hit black, but they canceled luxury and trying to make it extra comfort in charge cheaper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you do you want to hear? Do you want to hear something interesting? This is from UH, David Femininio and all my lawyer friends. If if you do a regular UBER and you get into an accident in your wanting to sue the uber, there's no way way you can sue. There's no insurance that will cover you because they have like the little terms of agreement. The only way that you can get UH insurance or get sue them and make money or get your bills paid for is if you do Uber black, that's the only thing that's covered by insurance. What's going on, Erica?
Speaker 2: Good morning? So I hear you talking about Uber and Lyft, and I wanted to share that Smart the bus system he has microchansa. It's called flex Preach. So if you don't yeah, so if you download the Flex app, if you're in the zone, you have to start and end in the Flex zone. But the most you pay is eight dollars.
Speaker 1: Well, I should have flexed. I should have figured Smart moves dot com. Look at you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, Kevin, more than welcome.
Speaker 1: Thanks Erica from from Smart. We appreciate you. Hold on, Stephanie, what did you want to ask or what you want to say?
Speaker 8: The real question is there was one mile? Why didn't you walk?
Speaker 3: That's what I said. Can I be honest with you? Yeah, I hate you.
Speaker 1: If you saw if you saw me walk in I wattle. So I just got done golfing, so it was not good. What's up, Jeffrey High, what's going on?
Speaker 8: Hey Mojo? Yeah, I'm an Uber driver myself. In a month, we only get a percentage of the yeah, yeah trip, Well, they take up the top of the trip, and it takes a percentage of it. We get what's left over. One time, late at night, I got a crypt to Columbus, Ohio, which was a two hour h and a half or from Yeah, okay, got an eighty nine. I got an eighty nine dollars for it, and they charged the customer two hundred and sixty five.
Speaker 3: That's a robbery. That is robbery. Robbery. Yeah, that is crazy. I got a band together, man, it's so uber or union. Yeah. Can you imagine for real? Forty freaking bucks? Forty bucks? You gotta how much?
Speaker 5: I let it go for about forty dollars dollardy