Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 5: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the World Champion La Dodgers Tam Catshi.
Speaker 3: Everybody, and welcome into this Friday edition of Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, your official Dodger pregame show as you're back to back World Series champions. Sit alone atop the NL West, It's seventy three and forty nine on this season, currently an eight game lead in the NL West. After a tough one last night that got away from him, Dodgers look to rebound tonight with Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound on Clayton Kershaw Bobble Night out of Uniclow Field the Dodger Stadium, first pitch coming up at seven to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck, including hearing from Clayton Kershaw, the future Hall of Famer, will be one on one with David Vase coming up in forty five minutes. We'll hear from Charlie Steiner coming up in thirty minutes, and twenty minutes Dave Roberts the manager. We'll get the pregame thoughts. We got your magical moment. Of course, we got your otani rewind. Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA will stop by and in just a few minutes we will head out to the galloping Ford broadcast with well. Last night, the Dodgers' bullpen blew it no other way to put it. The Dodgers with a great rally to take the lead, only to see that lead gone in the ninth inning as the Dodgers gave the ball to Roki Sasaki. He got the start, had some traffic on the base pass the first three innings. Finally, and then in the fourth inning, Sasaki a couple of walks, loaded the bases, walked in a run, walked in a second run as the Brewers scored two runs on all only two hits but three walks in the inning as they took a two nothing lead. It took a couple of spins around the lineup for the Dodgers offense to get going. Finally in the fifth, a leadoff walk from Miguel rojaspital runner around. He's able to get the second two batters later, how about Roardy, here's.
Speaker 7: A line drive, thanks Hunning the left field round then turned his row hoss, here's the part of the play.
Speaker 1: Then he is safe. It came out of the blow of sen Chins.
Speaker 4: He was out of the play, but Sanchez couldn't hang on.
Speaker 1: Dodgers are on the board.
Speaker 8: It's two to one.
Speaker 3: Dodgers finally get on the board thanks to Ben Roardveatt.
Speaker 5: It's a two to one game.
Speaker 3: Rookie Sasaki went back out in the top half of the sixth Indian did what he needed to do, put up a zero only face three batters, got a double play and a two to one game. Going to the bottom half of the sixth inning, when the Dodgers put together one of those crooked number innings. How about a one out walk to Tommy Eban Freddie Freeman, then a huge, huge walk after he challenged the strike three it was overturned called ball four. That was big pitching change brought Sincintela in t Oscar Hernandez with runners on first and second.
Speaker 5: Struck out.
Speaker 3: All right, so two down, two on for the pinch hitter, Max Munsey.
Speaker 9: Turn to Tella, set a chest, There go the runners. Here comes the pitch, the.
Speaker 7: Fly ball and the deep right center field its way back there, and then he's a three run pinch home run for Bax Monthly. He's been clutch.
Speaker 10: Wow, only had one foul with home run distance. Well, let me rewreck it, keep.
Speaker 3: It fair, Max Monsy, Yes, with a three run home run is twenty third of the season. That one off the bench, a three run six then he can complete completely flipped the scoreboard for the Dodgers, who had a four to two lead. That was the top tier play of the game, brought to you by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less six innings for rookie Sasaki. Jack Dreyer got the seventh.
Speaker 5: En Rique.
Speaker 3: Gardo en Riquez comes in, He gets two outs, followed by Tanner Scott who got the final out of the eighth inning. The Dodgers, with a four to two lead, turned it over to well Edwin Diaz. The trumpets were blurring last night. Unfortunately, Edwin Diaz was not. A one out single followed by a two out single followed by an RBI single made it four to three Mitchell, then another RBI single just like that, four straight singles against Edwin Diaz and the Brewers tied the game. He struck out Sanchez. Alex Vessi came in with the tie game. Bowers would single to right, Chorio would score and that run accounted to yep Edwin Diaz as the Milwaukee Brewers scored three runs on five hits in the top half of the ninth inning to take a five four lead in absolute turn of a out at the Ravine, as the Dodgers will go quietly in the ninth the Milwaukee Brewers come from behind somehow someway and win it five to four. Edwin Diaz gets the loss, the third blown save in his last four tries. The Dodgers blow an opportunity to get into a tie with Milwaukee for the best record in baseball. Instead, now they're two games back of Milwaukee. They look up in Atlanta for the second best record in the National League. As the Dodgers need to hop back at it and get right back at it tonight. Forget last night, Get back on the mound. Get back out there with Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound. Game two of this four game set, first pitch coming up in seven to ten, and with more we head out to the Galloping Forward broadcast both with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 11: Guys, okay, Tim, Yeah, not a happy Thursday night, but let's make it a happy Friday show.
Speaker 2: We were back at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 11: A beautiful afternoon and evening on tap in another big game in this big series mod for the Dodgers against the Brewers. But make no mistake, last night stung in two degree. He still stings because the Dodgers continue to struggle to put games away since the Ulster break.
Speaker 2: Ten blown lead losses now since the break.
Speaker 10: Yeah, not to just put it squarely on the shoulders of Edwin Diaz alone blown saved, No question if I had had three blown saves now in seven appearances, and Diaz has given up a very high batting average against the three seventy five. We both thought it was interesting in listening to Dave Roberts last night when asked, Hey, what about the closer situation? He goes, well, what are the options? There are no other options, and you start to think, well, there were options before Diaz came off the injured list. But we're going to find out what happens night. Interesting what's going to take place. Also, Freddy Freeman, who was banged, fortunately did not wind up in the hospital after landing in the dugout that was on Wednesday night. In the lineup last night, it was a scheduled night tonight where he was not going to be in the lineup, and that's the case. It's going to be kick Hernandez will be at first base.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 11: So Freddy Freeman getting a night off and Migo Rojas getting a night off too, despite the fact that the crews are starting another left handed pitcher to Oscar Hernandez has not looked good the last few games, and yet he has been elevated to the three spot tonight.
Speaker 2: Mookie Betts draws back in. He is cleaning up.
Speaker 11: But for the Dodgers, yeah, I'm very curious to see the next time they're in a leverage spot with the lead, how the bullpen shuffling looks, because you know, I get that Tanner Scott has not been as crisp the last few weeks or so, but he has still been the Dodgers' most consistent and best relief pitcher throughout the year. Jack Dryer has really come along strong. Yeah, he had a little bit of a hiccup during the Kansas City Series, but like nineteen dominant outings leading up to that, So you know, those comments were interesting. Yes, they were fresh off the heat of battle and fresh off a really tough loss. You don't get that much time to kind of cool down before you meet with the media, and perhaps that played into it here. But yeah, again, did the Dodgers just have to figure out a way to get it done? Because this is with the next three games against Milwaukee, a chance of the Dodgers put a stamp not just on this season series, but you know, postseason positioning, a bye on the line in the National League, home field advantage, so on and so forth.
Speaker 2: This is a massive one.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And those are giant things that we talk about. A buy not have to play that first round and the home field advantage, and not to be a play on words, but this has been brewing, if you will, for you know, a number of weeks. I mean, the Dodgers have lost nine to the last thirteen. Though we can look at the closer last night the situation say fine, but the ball club has not played well. It is not played well defensively. We saw cutoffs and relays not really there even last night, not backing up bases, hitting into ground bowl double plays in key situations. So this is a ball club that's also had difficulty the Dodgers have in coming up with consistent base hits when opportunities to score have presented themselves.
Speaker 11: They got the right guy on the mount of the night in Yoshinobu Yamamoto, but the offense is the big question mark coming into this one against Robert Gasser. We'll dive into that pitching matchup and get a Keith from Mole a little bit later.
Speaker 5: Tim, all right, thank you, Nelly, as we count you down the first pitch.
Speaker 3: Dodger fans, get your game day meal on and Shaky's Pizza parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza, Shake it and mojos?
Speaker 5: Right now? Shaky dot com coming up here, I'm wrong with casino. Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: We're gonna hear from the man of the night on his bobblehead nine Clayton Kershaw, future Hall of Famer DV of course checks in.
Speaker 5: Throughout the hour. We'll hear from Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 3: We dive deeper into this pitching matchup, Ohtani Rewind and Kirsten Watson.
Speaker 5: When we come back. That's all coming up. So he leads you.
Speaker 3: Up to Dodgers and Brewers on this Friday night. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kas's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Brewers on this Friday night. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound, first pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani ree.
Speaker 7: Why now the three to one high fly ball to center field is.
Speaker 5: Way back and it is high up a wall.
Speaker 2: He didn't miss a home run by a foot or two.
Speaker 7: But Otani begins the proceedings with a double high off the wall.
Speaker 5: And straightaway center show.
Speaker 3: Hey Otani last night with a double, his twenty fourth of the season, one for four now hitting two ninety two on the season three ninety one on base per Sentday's Dodgers were three outs away.
Speaker 5: From a win. Unfortunately they get beat by the Brewers five to four.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson and Kirson.
Speaker 3: Now joins us from the stadium. Brought to my Cars for kids. The easiest way to get rid of that old car. Donating today and that car could be picked up tomorrow. That easy donating now at carsfur Kids dot org Det's cars with a k if only pitching in baseball that easy, especially closing out games, because right now the Dodger's bullpen is having a tough time doing a Kirson.
Speaker 12: They are you know Edwin Diez has now had three blown saves recently and so for what I can tell you is he is someone who he will be ready to speak at his locker after the game and he will tell you what is happening. Even last night he shared that he just felt the fastball command was not there. And that's what's been tough with him is since coming off of this surgery, there have been times where it's been the slider is missing, the fastball is not there. When he was in Arizona for him when after the back to back triples, how he was able to get out of that inning only giving up that one run and having a runner on third with no outs for him.
Speaker 5: To get out of that.
Speaker 12: He showed a different level of intensity and it felt like that was going to potentially be the turning point for him, but unfortunately that just hasn't been the case. When he spoke last night, he talked a lot about how he's just looking to get back to that consistency at the moment, and you have to believe the track record. He has had some times in the past where things haven't necessarily gone his way, but he's been able to get back on track, and so that is where Unfortunately it's just not just him. There are other guys that are also struggling. So it's just a matter of hopefully they can just kind of go one pitch at a time and hopefully there can be a little bit, if not momentum, just kind of the passing of the baton. And they say hitting is contagious, but sometimes pitching can also be contagious. Maybe we just need something positive to happen to the bullpen and other guys allowing them to.
Speaker 2: Build on that.
Speaker 9: Certainly.
Speaker 3: I remember this Dodger's bullpen a couple of months ago was the best in baseball and had a consecutive innings.
Speaker 5: Is not giving up an earned run, so it can be done.
Speaker 3: Speaking of good news, positive note, Will Smith was in the batting cage today.
Speaker 5: He sure was.
Speaker 12: He continues to make progress, you know, with talking to him, he has shared that he feels good. You know, he's not necessarily ready for a rehab assignment just yet, and even he needs to take part in a live VP. But the fact that he was able to get into the cave and to swing, the fact that he is waking up and he's not having any pain, those are huge things. Their hope is that he can be back by mid September, maybe late September. So they're putting by doing this today. It's just another really good step in the right direction, putting him in a position to be back in September. So today was a big day. I even teased him when he walked out and he had the bad in his hand. I said, oh, my goodness, is it a big day for us or we doing something? He goes He just laughed and he was like, it's a big day or relax it's.
Speaker 5: A big day.
Speaker 1: But he relax.
Speaker 12: I said, okay, fine, I'll simmer down because you know what, it wasn't just him in the cage. Was also Dalt and rushing and he continues to nurse that UCL injury. He was saying that he's been able to keep the bat moving and he doesn't really have any He does't any pain when he's swinging in the bat. He has not played catch or thrown the ball just yet, but he is optimistic that he can be in a position to continue to strengthen the muscles around that elbows, that he could be a viable option not only just to catch a game, but even I mean Dave's hope. They want to keep the back going, to be a lefty off the bat, off the bench, but to also be in a position where he could play the field as well.
Speaker 5: So it was a good day.
Speaker 12: It's a good day when you can see some of the injured guys just making continuing to mix progress.
Speaker 5: That is certainly good news. Kirsty. We appreciate it. Well, check in with you after the game.
Speaker 3: Still to come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck will dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 5: David bat Day goes one on one with.
Speaker 3: Clayton Kershaw on Clayton Kershaw Bobblehead Night. I'm next at injury report and we'll hear from the manager yourself, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Brewers on this Friday and night and.
Speaker 5: First pitch at seven ten.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Katson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck in t news on this Friday night. Thanks for being with us as we leads up to first pitch. Dodgers and the Brewers, Marongo Casino Resort and Spy a grand slam for good times. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mountain, first pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers injury report.
Speaker 3: Is that by UCLA healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 5: You heard Herriston allude to it. Good news.
Speaker 3: Dalton Russian, who's on the iel after the elbow injury took batting practice today, as did Will Smith. That was great to see him in the batting cage there taking VP on the field. Blake trying to throw a sim game to hitters yesterday out of Dodger Stadium. Tyler Glass now on a minor league rehab assignment in TRIPLEA, Oklahoma City.
Speaker 5: All right, let's head back out to the ravine and check in with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 9: Any questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 9: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 13: I have conversations. It's not as essentially, you know, each guy is different. They're all working their tails off to be more consistent. I don't think it's necessarily a child and saying you know, I think that there's clear things that each one of these guys can do to be more consistent. But Josh Bard has a good handle on it, and so I think that, Yeah, the conversations on how they can be better, you know, the catchers, how they can drive them better. I think all that stuff are happening.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thing where it can.
Speaker 12: Be like anywhere, and you know, whether it's one thing one really good and just.
Speaker 1: That things can kind of get back on.
Speaker 3: Track for them.
Speaker 9: It's just one way to time.
Speaker 13: It is a one pitch at a time situation. I do think that, you know, when you're pitching in hot spots every night, every seems like every outing for our relievers has been a leverage situation, and so I think that that makes it tougher. And you know, margins are smaller, So I think that, you know, we've got to find ways to kind of give them a little bit of margin two. You know. But with that said, you know what the situations the situation, and they they've got to be consistent and you know they're they're they're trying their tails off.
Speaker 1: Quent that how much does it add to that puzzle?
Speaker 3: Knowing that you only have a seven.
Speaker 13: Man pullpen right now, it's tough. It's tough to navigate. We have a seven man pen in the middle of thirteen in a row. You know, there's a point of trying to push starters, to be smart with them. Essentially all of our relievers are overworked right now, and so then trying to be mindful of their performance and health and so, but you still have to now at home, you have to convert twenty seven outs, so all that stuff plays into it.
Speaker 3: All right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts, talking about the bullpen and where they stand right now, and it's been a rough go, especially for Edwin Diaz as of like, well, we continue here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with David Vase, get you the very latest show. Hey Otani throw a bullpen just a little while ago. Dv will tell us all about it. We'd lead you up to Dodgers and Brewers. First pincherm unflow Field the Dodgers TATEU. We're coming up at seven ten. I'm Tim Kates is the backback World Suria Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Cassino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Baseball, Dodgers and Brewers Game two.
Speaker 3: This four game set Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the Mount Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Alpto.
Speaker 5: Born in La, made for your game day.
Speaker 3: Al Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, Salsa's hot sauces all right to your plate.
Speaker 5: El Pato Gourmet and.
Speaker 1: Akin joining Tim Kates on Dodgers Hunt Deck.
Speaker 9: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 3: All right, DV show, Hey Otani threw a bullpen session today just a little while ago.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I actually saw show Hay in the clubhouse while I was talking to Blake Snell and Trek Scooble, and show Hay was in a good mood before he threw that bullpen session. And then we saw him come out here look like he was suited and booted in his batting practice uniform, ready to go out and throw a bullpen session, which he did, and he threw exactly the same amount of pitches that he threw in Philadelphia, thirty four pitches he threw in that bullpen session with Andrew Freeman and Mark Pryor watching. He threw all of his pitches outside of the cut fastball from what we observed. So we'll see how he performs tonight, but more importantly, how that left knee feels tomorrow after throwing this bullpen session and the first one that he has thrown since that won thirty four pitch bullpen session in Philadelphia.
Speaker 9: That worst his pause of pitching.
Speaker 3: Dave other big news during batting practice today, a couple of injured Dodgers got in the cage.
Speaker 9: Yeah, how about that?
Speaker 6: Two Louisville catchers for the Dodgers taking batting practice on the field. Unfortunately, both on the IL, Will Smith and Dalton Rushing. Rushing obviously cannot throw right now. He's gonna try to go through some throwing in progression, but at the very least he can still hit and could be a threat down the road for the Dodgers as a left handed bat off the bench. But the big news was Will Smith, who has been on the IL with that neck injury for the better part of two months, took batting practice on the field for the first time since being on the IL.
Speaker 9: And just gotta tell you.
Speaker 6: Just seeing Will Smith come around the clubhouse while the media is there, him do some sort of Dodger Foundation event with Steven Nelson a couple of days ago, him catching a bullpen earlier today, and then taking batting practice on the field. From the people I've spoken to around the Dodgers, it is trending in the right direction. It wasn't looking good about a month ago, but things have turned the corner for him. So he's trending in the right direction and possibly, as we have said before, september's a realistic timetable for him to return.
Speaker 5: Let's hope.
Speaker 3: So, David is brought to you by a Ford summer sales event. Don't wait hurrying now for the best offers of the year. Go to buy Ford now dot com or you're south of California Ford Dealer for more information.
Speaker 5: Ford Official vehicle of Major League Baseball.
Speaker 3: All right, David, Let's say the Dodgers have the lead ninth inning, who closes for them tonight?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's been the debate raging here at Dodger Stadium amongst the media and just trying to survey people that have been around the team all year long, not just media, coaches, players. It's kind of a split tim Half say let Edwin Diaz continue to try to work out his issues in the ninth inning to get that rust off, and half say, hey, let him work it out in the seventh inning. But I'm starting to lean towards the side of having DZ close tonight because Tanner Scott's been used a lot. He's been used seven of the last ten games. The Dodgers are in the middle of thirteen in a row. The Dodgers need Edwin Diaz, so I'm gonna lean towards Edwin Diaz gets the ball in a safe situation tonight, we shall see all right.
Speaker 5: DV good stuff. I'll check back you with you just a little bit day.
Speaker 3: It's gonna go one on one with Clayton Kershaw coming up in about fifteen minutes.
Speaker 5: Still to come here. We're gonna get deep into this pitching matchup. But I'm next for Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Magical Moment Dodgers and Brewers. First pitch of seven ten. I'm Tim Katson's the back to back World SARA champion Dodgers audio nowhere tires.
Speaker 1: We were saying yes is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Brewers.
Speaker 3: Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mask. The Dodgers looked bounce back to ninth. First pitch coming up in sevent ten.
Speaker 10: Hot dog?
Speaker 9: Who wants a hot dog?
Speaker 1: It's time for the hawfe Magical Moment. Pitch Magical magic by.
Speaker 3: Hawfey, Hot times well, the Dodgers taking on the Brewers. We go back to twenty eighteen. The NLCS came four to be exact. At Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers were down two games to one in this series thirteenth inning of play when Cody Bellinger delivered.
Speaker 9: It Gara on three and two to Bellinger.
Speaker 1: Here's the pitch, ground.
Speaker 14: Ball, pace hitting the right field, but Toto's on his way home through to the plate.
Speaker 5: On The Dodgers will win it.
Speaker 14: They win it two to one, and the series is all even at two games a peace. Bellinger with the walk off smashed to right, matroto storage head first slide. The Dodgers win thirteen and now the NLCS is a best two out of three.
Speaker 3: Cody Bellinger delivers with the walk off single in the thirteenth even up at the NLCS had two games a piece. The Dodgers will go on and win the NLCS and go on and play the Boston Red Sox in the World Series. As Hofey Magical Bumban brought to you by Hofey Hot Dogs, Hoffee Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Haffey hot Dogs, Local and so great. Will we continue here on Wronggo Casino, Dodgers on deck. We'll check in with Charlie Steiner lead you out to first pitch, Dodgers and Brewers. I'm Tim Kats the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and the Brewers.
Speaker 3: Yoshinobu Yamamoto, Robert Glasser, the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seven ten. Is time now for the Verzon startup as we're at thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your So Cal Verizon store today. We say hello to Charlie Steyner.
Speaker 4: All right, Tim, We're now down to the final thirty nine games of the regular season. Still the Dodgers at seventy three and forty nine, eight in front of San Diego, nine in front of Arizona, and the Brewers at seventy five and forty seven. After their win last night, they have a two game margin on the Dodgers.
Speaker 8: The Dodgers are half.
Speaker 4: A game behind Atlanta, so in the battle for those two buys in the first round of the playoffs, the Dodgers are on the outside looking in after last night's game, which was probably the Dodgers' worst loss of the season, and for the Brewers it was their best win of the season. They got swept in San Diego, down four to two with one out and the ninth against Diaz and the four consecutive singles.
Speaker 9: That tied the score.
Speaker 4: Vezi came in bower with the RBI single Dodgers retired in order in the bottom of the nine.
Speaker 10: I'll tell you what sometimes painful knight. You just can't imagine sometimes the battles on what we read in the newspapers, because if we look at the the pres winning that series against the Brewers down in San Diego before they came in here yesterday morning, was a recamp of that painful loss in extra innings by the Brewers. Their headline was worst loss.
Speaker 2: Of the season.
Speaker 10: And as you just said, the Dodgers last night against the Brewers suffered maybe their worst.
Speaker 9: Loss of the season.
Speaker 10: And if there's a remedy in searchable area for what they're going to do to close things out, But it's not just the closer, Charlie. What we've seen as a ball club that's just not playing up to its capabilities, and boy do they have capabilities.
Speaker 4: Diaz has three blown saves in his last four outings. So now he's had fourteen appearances this year, seven before the nano surgery or the needle where you had the six innings pitched in the ERF ten and a half. In the seven games back from the nanos surgery, an ERF twelve seventy one a batting average against the four fourteen. He's the closer in the dilemma that Dave Roberts has. If not him, then who.
Speaker 10: Yeah, exactly, And for Dave he was pressed last night about it, and then a little bit this afternoon as well. Then for Roberts he said, Okay, which way do I go? You know, what's the option? Well, there seemed to be an option before Diaz came back. But that being said, it's not just in one area. I mean, the Dodgers have not taken advantage of opportunities with runners in scoring position. They've hit into way too many double play balls that take them out of big inning possibilities. And the fact we have not seen the Dodgers. We've talked about this at Lenked over the last three weeks they have not been playing Chris baseball, and you can point to the defense, and you can also point to the base running fall in that category.
Speaker 4: Y'a'm amoto against Robert ga and yamamotos won his last two starts against Milwaukee, and he got a two sixty six er through.
Speaker 9: Sixty nine starts.
Speaker 5: In his career.
Speaker 4: And uh right right behind Oral Hersheiser, Zach Brank and Andy's Messig Smith with the lowest ra gassert the Dodgers will be facing him for the second time this year.
Speaker 10: Gonna find out what happens because yamamotove we look at the three years I ran across these numbers today looking at him, in the three years with the Dodgers, he's made sixty nine starts, his ERA is just two point sixty six, and in the three years he's allowed combined just a one ninety five batting average against. He's been a delight to watch and.
Speaker 4: He's gonna have to be a stopper tonight, second game of this big four game series of Dodgers and the Brewers coming up to him.
Speaker 5: All right, Thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Baseball presented by uniclow Field at Dodgers Stadium, is at uniclo dot com. Slash us still to come. I'm here on Dodgers on Deck. We're gonna hear from Clayton Kershaw on his bobblehead and I it's the future Hall of Famer Up to David Vess goes high and tight with the left hander.
Speaker 5: Next, Dodgers and Brewers. First pitch is seven ten.
Speaker 3: I'm tim Kas's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season long law.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Milwaukee Brewers. Yo Chernovu, Ya'm a motto on the mound on Clayton Kershaw bobblehead night. First pitch coming up at seven ten. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engagement of endearments.
Speaker 1: It is high and tight.
Speaker 6: Well, Clayton Kershaw's back in the house. Not for NBC, not for any reason than to be celebrated on another great Bobblehead night.
Speaker 9: He brought his family out.
Speaker 6: He's dressed like he used to be, in a T shirt, Dodger T shirt, Dodger shorts, Dodger hat, playing catch with his son Charlie. And it's great to have Clayton on the pregame show. He's been very much in demand this afternoon, but we have finally tracked him down.
Speaker 9: Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 15: Anything for you, Dave, really, no, but no, I'm not here just for I'm a special assistant today. I'm being I'm fulfilling my job requirements. I'm here in somewhat of a uniform, helping in quotations as much as I can.
Speaker 9: Okay, perfect.
Speaker 6: This is a great opening to Clayton Kershaw's evaluation of the Dodger season.
Speaker 8: I mean, I think they're playing great.
Speaker 15: I mean, obviously it's been a little bit of a rough patch recently, but they're still in a great spot.
Speaker 8: And you know, I said this the other day.
Speaker 15: I feel like their roster now, I mean it might be top to bottom, like the best roster I think I've ever seen, you know, between my time here and then this past year, I think it's just one through forty. I think this roster is just unbelievable, and you know, you get everybody back back healthy, and you get everybody. You know, it's a lot to say to get everybody clicking at the same time. But that's what the Dodgers do. They get ready for October, and that's what they're doing right now.
Speaker 6: Everybody in LA is very emotional Clayton over the way things went down last night.
Speaker 9: How do you manage a bullpen?
Speaker 6: You've seen a lot of different versions of Dodger bullpens. I know ken Lee was the closer for a long time, but is it a lot to expect Edwin Diaz after elbows surgery to come back and be that guy that we know he can be.
Speaker 15: I mean, I think, you know, I think managing a bullpen obviously, I've never been a manager, but I think Doc, I think Doc would probably say it too. Is like figuring out the bullpen is probably the hardest job, hardest part of your job, because it's just a roller coaster sometimes, you know, And even though they're all individual guys down there, I do feel like they feed off each other and I feel like there's a lot of momentum given and a lot of momentum that matters in the bullpen and when everybody, when everybody's on the same page, it's a really good track. And obviously these guys are super talented and Edwin's no different.
Speaker 8: So, yeah, like you said.
Speaker 15: It, he's coming off surgery. It's a it's a quick rehab from an elbow surgery, no matter how small. And you know, I do think that ultimately he's going to be the guy getting the outs in the ninth inning when it matters, And I think that's the way that we're built and I think that's the way that we want it.
Speaker 6: Clayton Kershaw is our guest. The first time we've spoken to Clayton Kershaw since Derek's Schoobel was acquired by the Dodgers at the trade deadline. What have you seen from him in his first two starts and what were your interactions like with him with the World Baseball Classic.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I got to know him as well as you know, as well as you can, and you know, ten days, two weeks at the WBC, and you know, reached out when he was here, and you know, watched his first two starts, and I think he's gonna go great. I think he's you know, obviously it hasn't been like elite elite Schooble the first two times out, but it's still really good and the stuff is unbelievable. The change up is a trick pitch almost how much it moves and how guys swing at it. So what I love most is just like the competitiveness, the tenacity, like he really wants to pitch, you know, he wants to be out there in the big moment, and he's gonna get that opportunity here and I'm really excited to see it.
Speaker 6: Do you foresee him falling in love with this team and this city and maybe staying a little longer than a half a year.
Speaker 8: I don't know, Dave.
Speaker 15: Now that I'm not playing, you're asking me like managerial in front office questions.
Speaker 8: I don't know if that's fair yet I'm not prepared for that.
Speaker 6: Okay, I apologize, I know, but I feel like you watch from Afar.
Speaker 15: I do watch. I watch every game, and you know I miss it. I miss being around. I don't I don't miss throwing a ball. I know I'm done with that, but I miss just like hanging out talking with the guys and being being around and shagging BP and it was really fun. My Charlie's out there today running around, so you know, it's really fun to get to do all that stuff again. And daughter say, it's a special place.
Speaker 8: Man missed it.
Speaker 6: A lot of guys talk about just the withdrawal they have the first year after retirement and where they kind of channel that competitiveness that got them to where you were. Have you figured all that out? Are you having struggles with finding a routine?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 15: I mean, yeah, the routine part, just because you know, summer is a different animal with kiddos.
Speaker 8: I'm learning, you know, like you're just I mean, it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 15: You've got to do a lot of fun stuff, but there's no structure, there's no routine.
Speaker 8: You know, you just kind of wake up and all right, what are we gonna do today?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 8: So we've done a lot of that and it's been really fun though. I really enjoyed it. But I don't know if I have a competitive outlet. I don't.
Speaker 15: I wouldn't say outside of baseball that I'm a very competitive Like I don't, like I've been playing golf, but I don't try to win because I'm not in the good you know, like if I was good at something else, maybe i'd be competitive.
Speaker 8: I'm not really good at.
Speaker 6: Anything else, so I figure you'd just be playing ping pong all day.
Speaker 15: There's surprisingly, there's not that many people that want to come over on a Tuesday morning and slap the ball around.
Speaker 8: You know, there's not too many.
Speaker 9: Are they at work?
Speaker 8: I guess I don't know. Whatever people do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, can you ever see yourself coaching or being like a pitching coach in.
Speaker 9: The minor leagues?
Speaker 6: And no, now you can see yourself roving or doing like what Sandy did to a certain extent.
Speaker 9: I was just wondering. I never asked you that.
Speaker 8: No, Okay, uh, I love baseball.
Speaker 15: I love being here. I don't really want to go to you know, so yeah, I don't I no offense guys, but I want to be here.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So what if Robleski today asked you, like, hey, can you help me get back on track?
Speaker 9: Do you feel like you have the wherewithal to do that?
Speaker 8: I love that. Yeah, like these guys, like big league guys. I love helping out. I think it's really fun.
Speaker 15: You know, there's obviously not you don't have to help as much because I know what they're doing, you know, but like just to be like a sounding board or you know. I still watch every game and see all the pitches and so yeah, like as of this moment, I can't ever see myself like doing this full time, but when I am around and from Afar, I love to help out as much as I can.
Speaker 9: All Right, Well, thank you for the time. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 6: It's great to have you here, and it's awesome to see you in the Dodger gear. I mean, it makes people want to believe you're making a comeback, but we know that's not happening.
Speaker 15: I don't have it on me, Dave, but thanks for the interview. I feel like you're a little bit hard hitting this time, So next time, will you just hit me some easier questions?
Speaker 9: Okay, I apologize.
Speaker 6: How about can I do the Superman to you like Jock Peterson did. Maybe we'll talk Rangers baseball next time.
Speaker 15: Well I don't know anything about that, but yes, whatever you want.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you, And because I was so hard hitting, Clayton Kershaw will receive a gift card to Capitol Grill It Works. Anywhere, but especially in burbank and upscale, relaxed spot with a great bar, great steaks for a great guy.
Speaker 9: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 5: Tim, all right, thanks a lot DV.
Speaker 3: Great to hear from number twenty two of the future Hall of Famer Clayton Kershaw to get him play a little ping pong and to find some partners out there about a little back and forth pickleball. Lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and the Brewers up next. We're gonna dive deeper to this pitching map. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Kates is the Backback World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: Hey, it's Yoshnoviya Mamoto.
Speaker 13: This is Dooja on the M five seventy Anyway Sports, the home over the La Doja.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Brewers on this Friday night.
Speaker 3: Game two of this four game sets from Unclo Field, the Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 5: First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dinack, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 5: Brought to you by your Toyota dealers. As we look at the.
Speaker 3: Pitching matchup tonight we make it easy. Robert Gasser on the Mound. Gass Are on the season three and four, the four fifty seven e R twenty seven year old left hander drafted by the Padres in twenty twenty one, traded to the Brewers in twenty twenty two in the Josh Hater deal. Made his major league debut in twenty four. Had Tommy John surgery five starts into that year, missed most of twenty twenty five. It's just two starts at the back end of the season, so started this year in triple as. He made his way back, making just his fourteen start at the big league level.
Speaker 5: When he's good, he's really good.
Speaker 3: Sweeper, fastball sinker cutter is trying to get back to his form that he had in twenty twenty four. Last time out, four to two third innings, three runs, seven hits, three strikeouts, had a no decision against the Twins.
Speaker 5: He's faced the Dodgers ones back in May. Four and a.
Speaker 3: Third innings, four runs, four hits, four walks, and four strikeouts. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the Mount eleven and seven, the two sixty five Rara, making his twenty second start. Last time out, five and two third innings, no runs, three hits, six strikeouts and a no decision against the Diamondbacks. He's two and one with ten strikeouts and sixteen and two thirty 's against the Brewers, including the postseason.
Speaker 5: Earlier this year, he went seven innings.
Speaker 3: In a win, allowing one run on seven hits while striking out three. Saw him in Game two of the NLCS last year. Yoshinobu Yamamoto Robert Gasser the pitching matchup on Clayton Kershaw Bobble Night, Dodgers and Brewers, fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are coming up next. Tim kats Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack On, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Getting close to the first pitch Dodgers and Brewers on this Friday night. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the Mount first pitch coming up at seven to ten, Getting you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo starts Great moments start with Sapporo beer. Whatever your taste preference, so Poro has you cover with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Saporo good with sushi, but great with baseball. Before first pitch, let's head back out to the booth one final time.
Speaker 5: Steven Nelson, Rick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 2: K TC.
Speaker 11: Yoshinobu Yamamoto's first pitch will be thrown momentarily for the Dodgers second game of a four game series against the Milwaukee Brewers. Get four teams the top the National League, all within four games of each other, fighting for two buys in the Nation League postseasons. You have the Brewers, the Braves, the Dodgers, and then the Chicago Cubs. So Yamamoto against Gasser Moe. Your biggest key tonight is what.
Speaker 10: Well I think with the the bullpen seeing as many innings pitch as it has over the last couple of weeks, need a strong performance by Yama Moto. He's been able to fill the bill on that end of it. It does some deep diving. You look at the last three years for Yama Moto, since he's been with the Dodgers, He's made sixty nine starts. He's thirty and seventeen His ERA is barely above two point six in that period of time. How about the fact that, including this year, the last three seasons, he's allowed just a one to ninety five batting average against him. He has been absolutely terrific, and they need a good performance for him tonight. Kind of leave that bullpen alone for a few innings.
Speaker 11: To put Yamamoto's success into some historical context.
Speaker 2: To the first sixty nine starts of his.
Speaker 11: Career, two six six ERA, that'd be the fourth best ERA by a pitcher in his first seven and he starts with the Dodgers going back to nineteen twenty. That's the beginning of the live ball era, trailing the Bulldog or Herscheizer, Zach Grinky and as Andy Messersmith. That's how good Yamamoto has been. That's how steady he has been. They need his steadying hand tonight as they try and even this series against Milwaukee. Tim, we'll get it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Guys, keep an eye with the padres, and the Diamondbacks are doing padres up seven to five ninth inning in Cleveland against the Guardians, so they're on the verge of winning. They'd pick up a half game going into this Dodger game tonight, and the Arizona Diamonbacks have already won, so the Dodgers need to win to keep pace not only with the Milwaukee Brewers and the Atlanta Braves in the National League for the top two spots, but for the top spot in the NL West. After the game is over, David Bassis got you cover with all the postgame festivities, including Dodger Talk Up Next First Pitch, Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Brewers enjoyed.
Speaker 3: This has been Morocco Casino Dodgers on Deck on your back to back World Series champion Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Oh do you a Network