Speaker 1: F A and YouTube channel for exclusive videos.
Speaker 2: End Up takes initials and password games and beyond the scenes content.
Speaker 1: Search kfan and subscribe on YouTube today.
Speaker 3: Got that right?
Speaker 4: Johnny Bones is here, Marny Glarners here, cast the thousands, look at.
Speaker 5: Us all, Marnie John Bonus, John Bonus, Marney Gallan.
Speaker 6: Ye, hi, guys, they call it lining together.
Speaker 5: Thank you Marnie because of your love for Molly Shannon, did you give the Hawk a chance? Not yet? Okay, I've heard the review pushing in the right direction.
Speaker 6: I get you like her, I know, but even though her character is not super likable once things have come out, if if others have have dis uh disfavorable reviews, it tends to make me not want to watch it because I don't want to have anything negative in my mine. So maybe I should watch the first five and then is what I'm hearing from you guys? Five and then.
Speaker 5: Tap what's a lower number than five? Four?
Speaker 6: And hit the floor.
Speaker 5: I feel like this is a reverse cliff hang around, right?
Speaker 3: You do like Molly?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 5: You do like Molly? I know, But is awesome?
Speaker 6: I know, I know, So I just watch three and let it be.
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: Is it less than that two and that'll do. Maybe is it less?
Speaker 5: Maybe there is some kind of like Molly Shannon super real that you can find where somebody just edits a.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 6: I do love Will Ferrell. I can't believe I love Fortune's so funny. Chelsea Handler had her Chelsea Lately show, Fortune Teamster was my favorite of the panelist comedians that she would bring on. And Chris Bartel is in this show. And this is a miss a big miss.
Speaker 3: I like the first five or six episodes.
Speaker 5: To wonder right, just the wind.
Speaker 3: I recut this with the new thing that we're lovingne.
Speaker 6: No seems to mind version one fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the song Saturday, he seems.
Speaker 4: Like maybe he's in the robs.
Speaker 5: He sounds like he's following the Frank Valley.
Speaker 6: Yeah for us, hasn't heard that in a while. Thanks for bringing it back.
Speaker 3: You're welcome. Had to have to recut it, sure, ye to follow?
Speaker 6: People have been asking for it? I have been sure Or have they just been asking for me to be gone?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, not at all.
Speaker 3: No, not that.
Speaker 5: Nobody Marney so far in the twenty twenty six and this was invitation and all. It's all ladies, just dominant, dominant, female performances so far.
Speaker 6: Costume Belinda, I listened yesterday, I would have gotten probably zero and maybe one. Damn there were two that I knew, and I think Belinda would have gotten them before I did. I might have gotten Cake Donut, but only after other people had had missed missed. And the other one was costume designer, but only also after miss people had missed. That was my list.
Speaker 5: It was a tough list.
Speaker 6: Sounds like Sauce had several from the other room, though, well, you.
Speaker 7: Would have had just cheaped eight because I've been called a cheap.
Speaker 5: It was again back in the day, like when Sauce was in that room during Vikings football Sunday and he was listening to the radio broadcast. But Muss would have one ear on the radio broadcast in Brandon, but this room would essentially have the TV broadcast on. So I'm like seven to ten seconds behind Sauce and it'd be like pie going all right, fourf and three from them, what you know, big time pressure moment, and Sauce would either like pop out of his seat and fist pump or you know, throw a paper in the air like son of a bitch and like it just he would constantly spoil it for me, like can we just get like a window shade or something to block Sauce's reaction out? And that's what Liber saw firsthand, just because Liber sitting where John is right now, and Sauce was in that room pacing like come on, come.
Speaker 6: On, you guys.
Speaker 7: So he's basically taunting them like I know this answer.
Speaker 5: How do you guys not have it? Just looking through the window like I don't know what it is?
Speaker 6: How many?
Speaker 7: I mean I went I didn't hear a couple of them because I had went down and used the bathroom, but I probably would have had three or four probably, But you are it's so much easier to play when you're not sitting in this chair, right. I would also when I wasn't doing that during vikings games, I would come in here and ask you what show that was being previewed as Hawk excited everything that they have on TV?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Who was exciting for Chicago? Med Hawk good Man canceled it You Love Chicago Wednesdays. No, it returns this fall. He's in.
Speaker 7: This is KFE and News with Chris Hockey presented by the Saint Paul Sat.
Speaker 3: You got that right, and that's right.
Speaker 4: These Saints play Colorado tonight hs Field seven oh seven start tomorrow, by the way, on one oh seven servers Colorado as well. So make your plans, get on down to chs Field watch them. Saints Baseball, get your tickets at Saints Baseball dot com.
Speaker 5: Ok Martins Dog Day on Saturday.
Speaker 9: Hell me get to bring your dog, dog.
Speaker 3: Dog official say.
Speaker 4: Thirty four million dollar lottery ticket was sold in the Twin Cities area. The ticket was sold at the Holiday Comedience store on Coon Rapids Boulevard.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: It matched all six Lot of America numbers on July eighteenth, and it's worth over thirty four million dollars.
Speaker 5: What the hell is a lot of America.
Speaker 3: It's one of those ones.
Speaker 5: So we got mega millions, we got Powerball. This is like a third like quote big one, right, because a lot of the other ones are. You win maybe a half a million or a million. That's like the top prize. This sounds like another nationwide progressive jack triple ath that thirty four million on Coon.
Speaker 6: Rapids thirty four So your take home is like fifteen a half, yeah, give or take only fifteen yeah, less than half.
Speaker 5: That's a quiet fifteen your number, right, Yeah.
Speaker 6: It's in the ballpark. I mean I can do that one.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, Marnie, there are two briefcases that the Lottery of America is going to give you. One of them has after taxes. One of them has thirty four million. Yeah. The other one has fifteen million, and there's a thirteen. You can take anyone you want. Which one do you want? You want the thirty four million or the fifteen.
Speaker 4: Hold on, let me give her a third option, and it's buzzing. The third one's buzzy.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, take a deep breath. He watched too much of the Hawk. Which one do you want? Thirty four million or the fifteen million?
Speaker 3: This is this is a gift that keeps on driven.
Speaker 1: You need help.
Speaker 5: There's no there's no catch.
Speaker 6: There's no I know, but you're you're not going to like my answer, So I don't know if I'm going to give you my honest answer. Okay, my honest answer is the fifteen because that is more than enough money, more than enough money to live beyond comfortably for the rest of my life, in my children's lives. And I don't need to get security for you.
Speaker 5: You might still need to give security for the fifteen million.
Speaker 6: All right, I'm gonna change my answer. Can I get a five million dollar breakcase? Here's the thing. You get to a there gets to be an amount of money at which not your life changes past the point of for the good, it now changes for the unwanted bad. Your children become absolute brats because Mead Sauce, they now no longer have to work for anything sauce, no motivation to be good citizens Meat Sauce. But he's you are a great citizen, are and a great person. You could just be a total dink and still be a totally set in this world. And I don't want that. And I don't want the long lost cousins and aunts and uncles of the world to come.
Speaker 5: Knocking on my car.
Speaker 1: My cousins did not get some help.
Speaker 7: Party is as insantive of a take as that is. It's a respectable it is because it's like it's it's it's commendable though, because I think you truly mean it.
Speaker 5: But the rest of us are willing to carry that burden for you. Yeah, I will take the thirty four burden.
Speaker 1: Is there a party too big? Right?
Speaker 5: But is there a part of you that Martie says, like, give me the thirty four and I'll give away the twenty million. Then it gets you back down to that fifteen range. But give it away, give it away, give it away.
Speaker 1: Now, come on, you can play like one fifties. Just get greasy.
Speaker 5: Take the thirty just gets that much.
Speaker 7: Actually, sure, which is also a very it's a very dangerous thing to say publicly because now all of your boss is moving forward.
Speaker 5: Can just be like Marni, we were gonna give you a sizeable raise, but we just don't want to put you in danger. We want to keep you as safe as possible, and we don't want to fire Tina.
Speaker 6: Yeah, is going to be affected by this.
Speaker 5: Well, we took cun she still take the briefcase.
Speaker 3: Sure, you might be able to hire her to drive you around.
Speaker 6: Oh, I would take that bad fun. Yeah, I love teens.
Speaker 5: You take the thirty four.
Speaker 1: And it's just chaos for a while, good chaos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you can fill your own briefcase with.
Speaker 6: Yeah, spin chaos, not experience.
Speaker 4: By the way, I.
Speaker 6: Did not that scenario.
Speaker 3: I did not send her the picture I sent you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't Yeah, I did not.
Speaker 6: Wow, what's the what's the picture now?
Speaker 3: It's do you want to see it?
Speaker 1: The site?
Speaker 5: For sure?
Speaker 7: He had one minor convenience and turned around and went to it, because you know, minor.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that. Yeah, I think it was the major actually playing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this one. You.
Speaker 4: I mean this, with all due respect, you couldn't handle this button bar, I believe you would.
Speaker 3: Your pants can.
Speaker 7: Welcome back, I said, let usn't understand the female got it wrong.
Speaker 5: I don't know you enunciated enough, I said, with a D. No, we all.
Speaker 7: I believe he tried to say deuced.
Speaker 5: That is not heard.
Speaker 3: Did you get the text? I got it? How about that?
Speaker 1: And I like it?
Speaker 5: Good food, that's beautiful, Thank you. I just just throw the pants away at that point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't sell them to Dwight.
Speaker 4: Oh you probably could.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not the dwarft.
Speaker 3: Okay, that looks fun.
Speaker 4: Good luck to somebody who ever got that letter ticket.
Speaker 3: I hope you enjoy your money.
Speaker 4: Thirty four mil State Transportation Department is starting a pilot program for speed cameras and work zones. Cameras will be placed on Interstate thirty five W and Burnsville in the coming weeks. On Highway sixty five and Brohm in August. Drivers recorded traveling at least ten miles per hour over the limit will receive warning letters instead of tickets. Officials say speeding contributed to thirty eight percent of Minnesota work zone crashes that caused about six hundred injuries and twenty deaths in the last four years. Sore, you go starting with just warnings, but you know, I know, okay, we got to slow them because people get run over.
Speaker 5: I don't mind the work zone part. I do hate the camera is just on the freeway in general. Like when I got a random t it in Iowa a handful of years ago because I was like seven miles and over in a camera caught me and I and I got a ticket in the mail. I'm like, are you kidding me? This is stupid?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: It work zone?
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, and exactly in Iowa, is there a threshold you literally were going seven I think it was.
Speaker 5: It was something like that. Maybe it was closer to ten, but it wasn't like egregious, I wasn't nine. Yeah, it was somewhere in that range.
Speaker 4: Thing.
Speaker 6: I'm like, holy cow, they're.
Speaker 5: They're taking it seriously.
Speaker 1: It was speeding.
Speaker 6: I get it. But I thought, if they're monitored by cameras, are they just clicking anything over?
Speaker 1: Ten?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 1: Ten? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 6: Wait, how did we get tickets?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's what it's supposed to be here, and I don't know if it's like that everywhere.
Speaker 5: Oh, I mean, just just let us live a little bit, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean it's Iowa.
Speaker 5: I'm bored.
Speaker 7: I'm driving fastest to feel alive. Thank God that neighborhood over there doesn't have cameras in at all.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you what now, that's the truth.
Speaker 5: That is the truth.
Speaker 4: Hey, And by the way, do yourselves a favor right now. If you haven't seen it yet, your but these your eyes are never going to be the same on your computers right now.
Speaker 3: Look up Jimothy.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, J A J J.
Speaker 3: J, I M O T H y.
Speaker 5: It doesn't look real.
Speaker 1: You're not.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a cup of cop what's the heck?
Speaker 5: Oh my god. It's a raccoon, but it does not look like a raccoon.
Speaker 4: It's because it's got this, uh, it's got a spine issue, so it makes it shorter than the average raccoon. Jimothy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the weirdest thing.
Speaker 7: You'll ever see it Once in a while, you see a dog like that. But yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: It runs funny.
Speaker 5: It's like it's a freak of nature.
Speaker 4: It looks like it looks like a different kind of animal.
Speaker 1: It's a little sonicy.
Speaker 4: Are you looking at it yet, Mars?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen the light?
Speaker 5: Never seen the light? You know what sucks about being an animal? That dude has no idea. He's famous, No, no, does doesn't understand that the entire planets that he's currently existing on is watching videos of him going strange, son of a bitch like he's just out trying to eat, trying to survive, has no idea. He's getting mocked and ridiculed, and he's like, wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute. Of all the names you gave me, jimithy, Yeah, that's pretty bad.
Speaker 4: He's so mad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hawk knows a few. Jimothy is Oh did you that's a terrible name?
Speaker 5: Yeah you did, Jimothy? What a freak?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all he's doing he wakes up every morning two things on his mind. Careful and that's it, man, He's an animal.
Speaker 5: Breakfast, that's right, and a casino.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and the second that guess, like comes on, he's looking for a casino.
Speaker 5: Marcket's ten am. I mean I think Chris.
Speaker 7: Has looked over and seeing a couple of Jimothy's.
Speaker 3: Right, you look like you got a problem with your spine.
Speaker 7: You need some help with Hockey's bypassed a few excuse.
Speaker 4: Me, Janathy, those things are going to give you problems with your spine.
Speaker 3: You need some help.
Speaker 1: Tommy's friend.
Speaker 4: Man, that's the news. Guys, Jimothy, wherever you are, we love you.
Speaker 3: You're freaky.
Speaker 5: I wonder if when Jimothy dies, what do you think somebody would pay for a taxi dermied, you know, like mold of Jimothy, Like you get to have Jimothy on your mantle for the rest of the time he's famous. Yeah, good point. Would you pay a thousand for it? I don't mean you, I don't think you're paying for Jimothy, No, Chris might.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: I mean he bought land in Scotland.
Speaker 5: A cat doing human things, A poster of a cat using a letter in his bathroom.
Speaker 4: I got a picture of your dad doing things. Marilyn Manson to be jealous of.
Speaker 5: Happy Birthday. That joke so sports after this paratrip wanting joined the fan.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's Chris Hockey, the part of Morning show.
Speaker 4: It's a big old country out there, and you want to say, because people want their sports from Meetzas Paul.
Speaker 5: Lambert, it's time for a fan five on the Power Trip.
Speaker 4: Brought you by a friends at Circa Casinos.
Speaker 3: Thank you Circa Resorting Casinos.
Speaker 4: Book your stay now at Circa Resorting Casinos.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, I love that spot. Great spot. Heow Hey peewee. The Minnesota Twins.
Speaker 7: Got boat raced by the Garden's thirteen to four.
Speaker 5: They've now lost three of four.
Speaker 7: They've been outscored in their three losses twenty nine to seven.
Speaker 1: I know that, honey.
Speaker 7: Oh okay. Joe Ryan was destroyed. He went four scattered ten hits, six of them were home runs, and he became the twelfth pitcher in MLB history to allow six home runs in a game. Same two teams to night at five forty.
Speaker 3: Nothing a surf side can't here?
Speaker 4: Am I right?
Speaker 3: Marks?
Speaker 6: Oh come on now he might have needed a couple of surf side game last night.
Speaker 9: Yeah, DCOs in the bleachers while you're catching home run balls.
Speaker 6: That stat that SaaS just said, Joe Ryan's stat I happened to have. We had the game on and that stat came up. Joe Ryan, first Twins pitcher ever to give up six home runs in a game. That came up, And I looked at the at the score in the inning and I'm like, it is the fourth. It was in the fourth and there was one out, which means they had played three and one third inning when that stack came up on the screen. Think about that.
Speaker 5: She'd got in ten outs and give it up six runs.
Speaker 6: And while that stat was up, a Cleveland hitter banged a double off the wall. Yes, it was incredible and that the Well, the first thing I said was is he tipping his pitches?
Speaker 5: Well? Yeah, pitches.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gotta take care of them, man, you know, yeah, going to school degrees.
Speaker 9: You have the week off after the All Star break, did not was not kind to Joe Ryan. Apparently it was. It was bad, and it was happened at probably the worst possible time. This is a team that they there's a reason he didn't start, you know, Saturday Friday, Saturday Sunny in Chicago's because they wanted him as the starting pitcher for the Big Series versus Cleveland, and they wanted to get a one to oh lead in that four critical four game series, and instead it went exactly the opposite. They have lost three in a row. Now they are now after reaching five hundred on day one after the All Star Break, they are now three games under five hundred. And unfortunately, throughout that entire time, the Red Sox around the middle of a fourteen game win streak and have gone from clear sellers at the trade deadline to the last wildcard team. So they keep separating themselves further from not just the Twins, the rest of the American League. Uh, you know they've got this is the next nine games are critical. They've got to show that they They've got to come out at least five and four. I would think to be buyers at the trade deadline. If they go four and five, everything's in question. They go three and six, things are going to get ugly. Potential rebuild type situation, I would think. And so, yeah, these next nine games, it's as critical a stretch as you can have, and this is not the way to start it. And now they've got three more versus Cleveland and Cleveland, so they.
Speaker 5: Got to pull together here.
Speaker 7: This is one hundred percent stealing Barrero's take, which is the correct take. The problem that the Minnesota Twins have is they have no equity with their fan base anymore. So if they in a real situation, any other team could say, listen, we are we got offered three top one hundred prospects, one in the top five right for Joe Ryan. You can trade him. That makes sense, that's something you do. The Twins don't have that luxury. Even if it makes sense to trade Joe Ryan, what little fan base is left will eat them alive. And there is a team like you know, the Yankees that desperately need catching help. They have that has Ryan Jeffers written all over it, which would be terrible to lose him because he's a great dude. But they are in a situation where, because of what happened last year that if they have to sell because this team can't perform, it's going to be an awful, awful, pr nightmare for that team.
Speaker 9: You can make a decent case that if they're not going to have a realistic chance of making the postseason this year, that they should just be doing a full rebuild. They've got enough high ceiling players in Triple A right now yeah, and in fact, we've seen enough young good arms on the pitching staff that you can make a case that the last generation has had their chance and that chance has faded away, and now is the time to rebuild and go for it and start looking maybe not towards twenty twenty seven, and maybe towards twenty twenty eight, start getting you know, Walker Jenkins some time up here, Caitlin Culpepper some time up here. I think that's a realistic thing to be able to do. You know, not only do the Twins have to convince their fan base that that would be a way to do, which a tough they also to convince their owner that that would be with it. Because Tom Pole had came into the season saying you wanted to have to see a team that was competing into September and you know, he's got a new manager.
Speaker 1: You're a new manager and.
Speaker 5: Even a new general manager there.
Speaker 9: And you know, I think Tom Pole is real satisfied with the job he has seen with them. In part, but they because they've been competing, but they have been competing with young talent for the most part, Taz Bradley, they've been competing with but for the most part it has been. You know, Josh Bell's on a tear, Victor Kertini's on a tear. Ryan Jeffers is on a tear. These are all veterans, and a lot of them are free agents. They're leaving at the end of the year, so you know they've got to They've got they got to figure out what they want to do here, so and a lot. Oddly enough, the next nine games will probably drive them in one direction or the other.
Speaker 7: Yep, your Red Sox on June twenty fourth or thirty two and forty six, they are nineteen and two censes.
Speaker 5: You just mentioned that fourteen game winning streak. What a team. Yeah, maybe you already know this, but let's just try this anyway. You know what their franchise record is. They've won fourteen straight. You know what the Boston Red Sox Socks franchise record is. If you'reneen you know what in Reddin sauce, you're not in your head and then don't guess.
Speaker 9: Franchise record like from their history. Sure, I will say there.
Speaker 6: Mm the record.
Speaker 5: Jay like five hundred straight would be a record for sure. Nineteen Chris is nineteen.
Speaker 6: Yes, I guess more like a twenty.
Speaker 5: What twenty one, Johnny Bones? It seems sorry, I'll go sixteen sixteen sauce fifteen it's fifteen one more. Now try this one, Johnny Bones. You're a baseball historian of sorts. What year do you think they did it? Fifteen straight? The Boston Red Sox in what year? Thousand five?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 5: Nineteen forty six? Art else had it? Forty six? Tim Williams was playing s correct. Sure that helps? Sure his head still frozen somewhere? Geez, isn't it cryogenically frozen somewhere? I understanding that was the plan at least. Yes. I mean they don't unplug those, do they?
Speaker 1: They have to have like that?
Speaker 5: Where's his head?
Speaker 2: As Life Extension Foundation in Scottsdale, Arizona, Scottsdale body were surgically separated and sort in separate metal doers. Sure in the hope that future scientific advancements might enable his revival.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He was the inspiration for the Tom Cruise movie Vanilla Sky God. It was good, uh not perfect. It was good, not great, but it was good. It's got some moments.
Speaker 3: I liked it. When they chopped his head off, ros I might.
Speaker 10: Have cut off his head. That's fristed Turner. Didn't he die like a monkey?
Speaker 5: He's dead?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's dead.
Speaker 5: I believe his head is still with his torso, but I'm not sure. You can't prove that maybe he got cremated. I have no idea what happened with him.
Speaker 7: The linked late last night beat the Storm one O five, one oh two. Olivia Miles had thirty two, Kala McBride had thirty three. Your links are twenty one and six Barnes Incredible Sports Trivia.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how many players and name them? How many players do the links have that are in the top ten in the WNBA in scoring? Is it zero? One, two, three?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: How many we got?
Speaker 6: I don't know, but I'm going to say for sure two in Olivia Miles and Kaylea McBride.
Speaker 5: I'm probably right there.
Speaker 1: You nailed it.
Speaker 5: Olivia Miles is eighth, Kayala McBride is tenth two in the top ten.
Speaker 6: Okay, I was gonna add Courtney Williams that I didn't know if you were telling me, because there were three.
Speaker 5: Even two is awesome. Olivia is a rookie, an.
Speaker 6: Of the entire w YEP, I mean, one of one hundred and five points. That was a regulation game. That is a high scoring WNBA game where they play forty minutes and not forty eight like in the NBA. So that Yeah, the.
Speaker 5: Only people that were mad at are the people that had money on the links because they were ten and a half point favorites.
Speaker 6: Speaking of that, and Fee is not playing yet and we are dominating the league.
Speaker 3: Yes, Daphne from Scooby Doo.
Speaker 6: Your MIC's odor, go on brush the FISA. How about our girl?
Speaker 3: Yeahah, she's the best here. I was making a joke and it.
Speaker 6: Was a good one.
Speaker 5: Thanks. He's one of the all times smoke shows.
Speaker 3: How about the White House? Uh, what do you call it? The guy who puts teleprompter president?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, betting on the teleprompter on Kelshi.
Speaker 3: How about that? You made like over one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: I don't know this story.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 4: So he's the teleprompter guy puts the speeches in for the president and then you would go on some website and bet.
Speaker 6: On the length of the speech.
Speaker 3: And stuff like that, and he was making the money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, genius, I know, but he got caught.
Speaker 3: Shoot, I know, I don't know, but it was frowned upon.
Speaker 6: He should have told a friend to do it and eat.
Speaker 5: But the money, Yeah, for sure, you got to do the six degrees of Kevin Bacon. You got to get super far away from you, so there's no trail back.
Speaker 1: Have Smidium's buddy do it.
Speaker 4: Have Smithium do it or cam scatabum.
Speaker 3: He did it.
Speaker 7: He's and this is coming from me, He's beyond dumb.
Speaker 5: Don't say that beyond He's an idiot.
Speaker 3: That's me.
Speaker 5: I mean, I've been called worse, so I'm lashing out. Not today, I haven't, not in front of you, not since you said projectory three straight times.
Speaker 1: Beyond dumb too. But he's beyond dumb.
Speaker 6: He's gonna call you a backflip. At that conference of a wwfter.
Speaker 7: He showed off the horrible knee injury he'd just gone through.
Speaker 6: Was he said he's been doing back up.
Speaker 5: He was a kid.
Speaker 6: Injured from that or not?
Speaker 1: He said he was not like that.
Speaker 6: It looked like something gave out at the end of that whoop seekay.
Speaker 7: I likes the party, Viking his news. If there is any after this here, John Bonus is here. This is the power to your morning.
Speaker 5: Jo on the Fan from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 6: This report is sponsored by Saint Paul College. Good morning, we have delays on ninety four westbound from highways.
Speaker 3: Here we are welcome back.
Speaker 4: Happy birthday to the real papa. Ernest mwa was born on this dame. Why year do you think Ernest Tim mcgwey was born.
Speaker 5: I just saw it in the preps, so otherwise I would not have known, but I just saw.
Speaker 3: How about you know, don't you, Johnny Bones.
Speaker 5: It's kind of guessable if you know when he when he died, right, I mean, you can kind of do the math backwards. So I think I would have been close, but I would have not been super close. Sauce. Did you just hear that question?
Speaker 1: I did not?
Speaker 3: Ernest EMU were born on this day in what year?
Speaker 5: You go first?
Speaker 1: Eighteen ninety.
Speaker 3: That's not a bad guess, a really good guess.
Speaker 5: Not bad at all, not bad at all, Paul, All, hang on before we even tell you what the right answer is it like nineteen forty No, no, no, no, it's a good guess.
Speaker 1: It's wrong, but it's close.
Speaker 5: So before you use in World War one, before we even go on with it, Paul, is right.
Speaker 1: Thanks man.
Speaker 5: If you had said, if you had said fourteen ninety, we would have had a problem. That's when Christopher Columbus sailed the Ocean Blue.
Speaker 6: And the Pyramids.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, no, that was the eighteen hundred.
Speaker 4: That was the eighteen ninety nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who the real papa was born?
Speaker 5: Papa Papa was born in nineteen sixty five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember you were there. Well, no, I celebrate that with this family.
Speaker 5: You're using that for an excuse.
Speaker 3: Can you name a and an Ernest Ernest Samuway novel.
Speaker 5: For the bell Toles. Oh, I'm I would have said that for sure.
Speaker 1: I know that one. My dad has all of them.
Speaker 5: I think I can only name one, which one Old Man in the Sea?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 7: Ye?
Speaker 3: Book all time, number one, fantastic book. Great, Yeah, short read.
Speaker 5: It is a short reader. That's one of the best things about it. You're right. House in the Florida Keys is sweet, awesome.
Speaker 1: I think I want to go.
Speaker 5: We briefly talked about books yesterday because Alexis was here and she reads like crazy, right, she says, up, she's like up to seventy whatever it was eight books for the year twenty twenty six. Holy Bully and in a reverse sick brag. I'm not proud of this at all. This is not something to be proud of. I don't don't think I've read seventy eight books in my entire life. Yeah, for sure, I've read George Carlin books. I've read Chuck Kloserman books. I've read a handful of Poker books, all the books that I skimmed in school that we were required to read, like nineteen eighty four and Animal Farm and stuff like Where the Red Fern Grows, all those kind of bits. I don't think all the books that I've read combined, though, if you take textbooks out of it, no way, I've read seventy eight and that's not good. That's not a good thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, she reads like two books every couple of days. I think in the past, not six months. I've read If You Give a Mouse a Cookie one hundred. He loves that little book, and We're the Wild Things. Sorry, he loves that book.
Speaker 3: He hates it, but Dad loves it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can't read it, so it's perfect.
Speaker 7: Sometimes I make words up to it just so I could skip pages such as well, like one time, I think where the Wild Things Are went to a casino.
Speaker 6: Oh, yeah, they get four out of the book.
Speaker 1: I got bored. Adhd kicked out and I think he fell asleep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was sunny.
Speaker 3: The book.
Speaker 5: Crank in his left hand.
Speaker 6: No kind of a book is that?
Speaker 3: Where the thing grows?
Speaker 5: There's also that book Don't Bring Your Dog in Public.
Speaker 7: That's about a like a little boy that grows up, where the cover of it is him like sitting making a mess in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: And my mom bought it for me. I can't read that book. It's way too said. What is that book called.
Speaker 5: Everybody Poops?
Speaker 3: No, that's Dwight's book Downstairs Places.
Speaker 1: You know it's something like that. Though, No, David, what.
Speaker 3: Terrible horrorble? No good riding, very good bad?
Speaker 1: No, no more water in the tub?
Speaker 6: Are you there? God, it's me Margaret blow up?
Speaker 2: Oh are you talking about a child called it anyways?
Speaker 5: Are you talking about a tribe called quest?
Speaker 1: No? Wasn't that Lake's favorite?
Speaker 3: Are you talking about a head called Globe?
Speaker 1: What the hell was that book called? Describe it more for it?
Speaker 7: It's got The cover is a little boy holding up I think a sock and he's made a complete mess in the bathroom. And it's a it's about him growing up and then eventually he takes care of his mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, smelly socks.
Speaker 5: That book did not exist.
Speaker 7: Love You Forever, Love You Forever too much. He loves that book and I can't read that book. It's too sad. The words are too long. No, it's just too sad. My mom when I was a kid.
Speaker 6: Recurring line, I'll love you forever. I like you for always as long as I'm living, then I you'll be Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think the mom becomes like a gambling and he has to like bail her out.
Speaker 3: Very last line is amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think it's about something Thanksgiving and Papa being there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't read that.
Speaker 6: The time for Vikings on The Power Trip presented.
Speaker 5: By Yeah You bet that right.
Speaker 4: They have the on the Athletic dot Com right now uh nfl over underwin total predictions for best bets and the over under right now for the Vikings is eight point five. Man this s A b says it's a lock that the Vikings will finish under eight point five.
Speaker 3: That's just down.
Speaker 5: If I had to be right, had to be right, I also would bet the end just because of the uncertainty of quarterback. Right, we're all optimistic that Kyler Marie is that.
Speaker 3: His name, seventeen games man.
Speaker 1: Kyle Murphy.
Speaker 5: That that's literally dead center five hundred right, And you have a division where all three other teams could be great. We don't know if any of them will be. But the Lions could be very good. The Packers could be very good. The Bears could be very good. So you're gonna have a tough schedule by definition, and we don't have a quarterback that's locked in. We might, but we also might not. Pall your hands up. So I have the schedule up because I like looking at it. You do.
Speaker 7: Here are the like not locks because it's the NFL. They're gonna beat Miami here. Miami's awful. They'll probably beat New Orleans. They'll probably beat Carolina here. Carolina is improving, and they'll beat these are and the Jets in New York. By that time week seventeen, the Jets will have packed it in, they'll have anue head coach. It'll be a completely different bit. Those are like four better than like seventy percent chance to win those games.
Speaker 1: The rest of them are tough.
Speaker 5: Well, let's ask you like this, I mean This is a good question for Powtry bets. Out of the seventeen games, how many games currently without injuries? How many games are the Vikings favored to win. I bet it's like six, you know what I mean. So things change, injuries happen, the dynamics change.
Speaker 3: Our defense is going to be great again, hopefully.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and if Kyler is above average, now we're talking right, it's I think it's that simple. If Kyler's above average, then eight and a half is absolutely attainable. I mean they're dogs. I think in the opener against Green Bay. They will be dogs at Chicago. They'll be dogs at Tampa. Yep, They'll be favored against Miami, they'll be at New Orleans. I mean they might be a one and a half point favorite. Yeah, they'll be a home favorite against the Colts. There'll be a dog quarterback. There'll be a dog at the Lions. There'll be a home dog against Thells. There'll be a dog. We don't even have to go through the whole thing.
Speaker 5: We're halfway through the year and we've been favorite in your mind maybe three times. So yeah, Ron pays for about six ish games to be favored in dogs schedule.
Speaker 7: There'll be dogs against the Niners. They'll be favorites against the Falcons, who are going to be bad. There'll be a home favorite against the Panthers. They'll be dogs against.
Speaker 5: The patrol the Panther game man again, that's that's.
Speaker 7: We'll say on that one. At the Patriots, they'll be dogs against the Lions. There'll be a home dog against the Commanders. They'll be a favorite at the Jets. They'll be a favorite in the Commander's favorite too. I don't know, we'll see Week eighteen against them. Who knows what that situation will be. But yeah, yeah, that was six six. We think they were going to be favorite.
Speaker 3: Let's wait until we see training camp.
Speaker 7: How about the Rappaport saying yesterday that this quarterback thing is going to go all the way to the end of uh spring earth.
Speaker 1: No, the preseason games.
Speaker 5: Dah yeah, I mean, it's.
Speaker 7: Come on, can't because it's two different offenses, you get, it's going to be I mean, the rookies report on Sunday, and I think the Vets will a lot of them will show up on Sunday.
Speaker 3: What about the irack disease?
Speaker 1: Is that a car?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Do you think it was citizens of Iraq.
Speaker 3: You have testicals sleeping?
Speaker 1: Do I have testicals? Yes, a testicle.
Speaker 6: Do you think that repaport report is wrong or you're just saying that would be a I mean, I think we can all universally agree that would be a terrible way to go through the entire preseason. Why would he report that?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 6: No team in the NFL wants to not have a quarterback determined at the end of their preseason games. That seems like an absolutely ridiculous concept.
Speaker 7: The last preseason game is Friday in Denver, August twenty eighth.
Speaker 6: Is did he name a sore? Sorry?
Speaker 3: Reason he said it was? Hold on, I got it right here, damn it. Change the page. Stay with me. I'll tell you who the source was if you do. You really want to know?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm more wondering, like, what is that based in? This is his gut feeling? Okay, well, then we can just sort.
Speaker 5: Of Josh Hartnett, Minnesota's own he would know by It's like he's got a lot of sources.
Speaker 4: He's out there. You can't just depend on one.
Speaker 5: Source can name one team.
Speaker 7: CE Sabbathia played for sure, first guest, just does he know what sports?
Speaker 5: CE Sabbathia played pick up a guitar. Oh boy, I'm not even sure he does unless he just read it accidentally when he read that it was his birthday.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 5: If he hadn't read that information, he would have no idea.
Speaker 4: I did know this was teammates with Don Notts on the Chicago White song. But it wasn't Chicago White Sox was his team one day.
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't played for he. I mean, well, that tells you I didn't read. I just saw.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 6: Just picture him, just say big bird player and his uniform baggy.
Speaker 4: He's doing all with tower every birthday. He did all the tests with Don Flute?
Speaker 5: Is that his brother Don Felder from the Eagles Back to the eight and a half and the quote quarterback controversy, Yes, daddy, here's here's how easy this is. If Kyler is the starter all year is eight and a half possible? Oh yeah, which side of the bet would you be on? I'd take the over slightly, the over lightly the over watch this though. Let's say JJ wins this quote quarterback battle. You hammer the hammer the under, the hammer the under. Because his track record is track record, it's gonna come up short. He's gonna get injured, and he it's just like we all remember that first game, the first game against Chicago.
Speaker 7: The last quarter was unbelievable. The first three quarters were rock bottom quarterback play. So he has he's I mean, I know he played good against Detroit. They were ten and a half point dogs and they won. But when it's bad, it's it's some of the first quarterback in the NFL has ever seen. Okay, relax, it is inist.
Speaker 5: It's bad. He's off to a bad start.
Speaker 3: You have a short memory span.
Speaker 5: Here's a great question for it.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I got a sports question.
Speaker 5: You ready?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 3: I think this is a good one.
Speaker 4: The the guy says that the shirt thing the Lions will be over their ten point five, and a shut thing that the Vikings will be under their a point five. I think he's wrong on both bets. If you had to bet one of those two, which would you bet? I would take the order with the Lions.
Speaker 7: No way, It's more likely they have a jeez they have.
Speaker 6: You tell him, thank you, you tell it's so naggative.
Speaker 3: I bring hard sports stuff.
Speaker 5: What do you guys think more likely Lions go over ten and a half or Vikings go under eight and a half.
Speaker 4: It's definitely more likely the Vikings go over and I.
Speaker 7: Mean five, definitely go over eight point five. The Lions get to play the Titans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they got.
Speaker 7: Happy birthday Landry the Cardinals who are going to be uh, I mean, we don't need.
Speaker 5: To go through the entire line schedule. I'm gonna jump out a window.
Speaker 6: If we go.
Speaker 4: You can't get that window open.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna try. If we go through our entire schedule.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will take the over. Yeah, I'll take the over a ten and a half.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll take the under. Bitch good fifty dollars fine, okay, good.
Speaker 5: I mean it's a season long bet. You guys dot.
Speaker 1: Dollars after you hundred. There we go. Now we're talking you all right?
Speaker 3: Then stop talking with your teeth five hundred.
Speaker 5: Oh he's thinking about. Oh, come, let's meet in the middle. What about like two fifty about one hundred?
Speaker 3: Yeah, put your meat in the middle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, put your meat in the middle.
Speaker 6: Let me back up.
Speaker 5: You know you're you're you don't need it back then you're not in the sea world. Both. It won't wait at the table.
Speaker 4: You know that Their offensive coordinator is Gary Trudeau, birth Thinker.
Speaker 5: The guy that created Dunes bearing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: I never thought it was good. I love the comics. So what is it? Ten and a half? Yeah, I'll take the over for two fifty?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 5: Done to fifty?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Done?
Speaker 5: Oh that was a sizable lions. But I love it. Ye, you're over ten and a half. You're Hawks under ten and a half, that's right, So you got to get to eleven. There's no there's no pushes right with ten and a half.
Speaker 1: I love it nothing.
Speaker 3: Look at them, you're so skiming.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 7: It's gonna come down to a game where, like the last game, where neither team's gonna play.
Speaker 5: That's why over unders are fun, because it almost always comes down to a game or two going the right way or the wrong way.
Speaker 4: That's right, baby, money money, Well, I.
Speaker 5: Think we all wont because now you guys are sweating else.
Speaker 1: Well, are the only two the gambles?
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 5: I gamble all the time. I just don't gamble with you guys anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know gambled yesterday.
Speaker 5: He gambled yesterday the jobs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did gamble.
Speaker 5: Tell Hawk what we gambled on the gender of Alexis's baby. Yeah right, yeah, she she does not know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh no, no, no, was not telling you guys she does not know.
Speaker 5: Well okay, no, but we learned based on an AI search. I thought, because there are more females on planet Earth, that it would be quote more likely that it's a female than a male, But exactly the opposite, according to AI that it's like fifty one percent chance it's a boy, forty nine percent chance it's a girl, but the male survival rate is lower. That's why there's more females on the planet than males. Yes, so if you're taking the odds on favorite, it's actually slightly more likely it's a male all according to AI. See we learned something. Yeah, man, this show is not completely stupid. You learned something once in a while, what exactly or the Power Trip Morning Show and some learning after this. I'm the fan.
Speaker 6: From the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center this report.
Speaker 1: He is sponsored by