Speaker 1: The News Chunkie starts now.
Speaker 2: It is Wednesday, July twenty ninth to twenty twenty six. Lots to get to today, from the Tony Romo bodycam footage to door dash just announced the most insane news service and pressure mounts on Sophie Cunningham and the WNBA, plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text Sam more Sea Lane is here shoshes with us. Good day and so are you. You can join us with the dispatch, send yours on the website or in the News Junkie app right now. You can also watch the show on YouTube or twitch dot tv slash the News Junkie. Your message is rolling right at the studio in real time. How's everybody doing on on Wednesday?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 2: Right? Yes, good good good? Good to hear, good to hear? Up with you? I mean I just I literally just fin ah shaving, like five seconds ago, running downstairs. Ye can, Yeah, I have to. I have to run by Courtney when I'm getting ready to do the show. I do this all the time, at least once every two weeks. I sort of got and I had to run down the stairs. I go, look at me, look at my face, and she looks at me and I have to go, does anything look stupid? And she has just like did I miss any? Hey? She just has to lie every day. She just has to looking good, babe, you know betther than ever. My god, I've so I could see the lies in your eyes. I can, They're right there. I can read right through it. But she does it each time. Also, Sean has a thing I don't know if you know this job I do. I do.
Speaker 4: Sean has a thing about shaving and that his body will only allow him to do it during the last commercial break before the show starts. There's like there's no other time in the day where like there'll be like three minutes to the show and he'll be like, all right, that looks good.
Speaker 2: That looks good. Well, that's not my body, that's my brain. Here's the deal. Here's the deal. The most important thing is you, the listener, the person hanging out with us today, like myself. First, yeah, you guys are seventh and eighth on the list, respectively, but like the listener, the viewer, they're number one. And so I go, do I have all the things ready? Do we have all the viral news gathered for the show today? And then once that's done. Then it's like, Okay, do I have just enough time to make myself presentable for this broadcast? So that's what I think about after all of this. So just so you guys know, that's what happens, and I might have some patches on my face today, hopefully not. Here we go, let's put our ears of the ground, our fingers on the pulse, let's see what's happening to this great, big, wide world of ours, and we go back to the world of flock cameras. I like the flock camera drama has been a good time. My god, is it a good time? These flock cameras are all over the country. There's a website that we start talking about which apparently makes terrorist organization. Yes, it makes us terrorists. I think they said we were worse than Antifa or something just for even talking about this website.
Speaker 4: You know, that guy that interview, for whatever reason, stuck with me and just annoyed me over the weekend because I was like driving around and I saw a flock camera and I was like, I was like, oh, yeah, that's that thing that if I avoid it, I'm close to Antifa.
Speaker 2: I'm a terrorist organization. What an absolute joke. You're a terrorist if you don't like the flock cameras, which is kind of weird because from what I can tell, at least looking at our audience, our audience is made up of unlike so many audiences out there, Unlike so many audiences, our audience every day is made up of people who are just normal people from all over the place. Right, They're just all kinds of beliefs, all kinds of stuff. Not a lot of weird team sports, crazy, super political people, just a lot of normal people, which I did. But the normal people seem to not like these flock cameras that much. All Right, There's there's some of them that do, some of them that don't buy like a lot of them don't seem to like the camera is spying on everybody. So this guy in this video I'm about to play for you, he pops a squad, or cops a squad. I think that's a regional thing. And he does it down by the flock in neighborhood. I would pop one, would you copp or pop Josh pop? Get out of here, you get out of here, Get get all right, acab. So he doesn't pop anything, He just he is a terrorist. He's who the flock guy was talking about. But this guy is sitting next to the flock camera and he's so petty. He's shown up with a massive selfie stick with a giant like mirror on the end.
Speaker 4: I think he's I think the description said it was a pool skimmer. A pool skimmer.
Speaker 2: He's got a pool skimmer, which he's like a really long thing. So he sits down with a little folding chair next to the flock camera and he dedicates his day to just blocking the flock camera with the pool skimmer, which is quite a flock blocker. Let's listen to this flock blocker here.
Speaker 5: He is, Yo, what's that piece of hanging on the pole? That's a camera, right, and you got the boys out here protecting it.
Speaker 2: I wonder if the flock blocker thought for a second that he was talking about his pole. Yeah, I thought he was the guy across the streets, like, what's that pieceass hanging on the pole there? And I think for a second he's like, it's my pool skimmer blocking the Oh no, you're talking about the camera. Okay, we're on the same side here. Because the guy has the kind of voice where even if he's on your side, you have to wait for a minute because he sounds like he's not on your side a little bit. Yeah, Like like if I was talking to Sea Lan, I'd be like, listen, he is Sea Lane. You're the greatest broadcaster right now, an amazing father. Oh yeah, there have to rope you in a little bit first. But he's here, is yo.
Speaker 5: What's that piece of hanging on the pole? That's a camera, right and you got the boys out here protecting it. I don't know a thousand dollars' worth of gold. Yo, what's your name up? Come bail you out, Harald gun gone gunn if you hit the county, I'm coming to bail you out today. The flock cameras if you for not standing up for us.
Speaker 2: To the cops on the way out, he says, f you for not standing up for us.
Speaker 4: Very terroristic loaded this guy who equally hates flock cameras enough to bail this guy out of jail. Just so happened to be in the area and find somebody as dedicated to the cause as himself that the person would just be sitting there in a lawn chair and an umbrella blocking the flock camera.
Speaker 2: Unemployed as hell, just to stay taking his day. The flock blockers unite out there, so we want to throw it back out to you again. Tell us what you think. Are you on the flock blocker side or do you like the flock cameras? But this guy said, if you end up getting arrested by these cops sitting right here watching you, I will bail you out of county jail. And he got the guy's name so we could check up on him.
Speaker 4: Now, do you think what he was doing was an arrestable offense? Because I think there might be some argument there.
Speaker 2: So if there's a camera in a public place and I sit down next to that camera, like let's say it's a red light camera or something, and I have a poll with something to block the red light camera, am I breaking a law? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, since the red light camera is usually strictly owned by the government and put in place to enforce the law, you might be kind of tiptoeing into the realm of interfering with a criminal investigation. Maybe not maybe not criminal because it's not a criminal thing, right, It's just a civil penalty.
Speaker 2: But well, hold on, who is it the government that owns these or is it like some hold.
Speaker 4: On, that's what I was talking about red light cameras, because you brought up the red light camera that in that case, I feel like the argument that you're saying is really definitely probably the case right interfering with police work, even though it's arguable that there's not actual police doing the red light camera thing, because the camera's doing all the work, you know, that's arguments for other times. The flock cameras are sometimes owned by city governments and sometimes just owned by like, like I've said before, they have four of them at my Low's in the parking lot of my Lows, just taking care of things. And whether or not Low's actively shares that information with the police is not something that I know. Maybe it's something they've made a statement on before, but I don't know the answer to that. However, I would wonder if it mattered who owns the camera. If the police owned the camera, are they somehow breaking the law? More if it's a private thing, do they have to it definitely matters, I think so.
Speaker 2: The court Yeah. VW Shane on TJ Chat says these are not owned by the government at least the data flock owns the camera, says VW Shane. We'll take more of your feedback as we roll on. I just let it go down in the record. The sea Ling goes to a Low's and he's not blocked one flock. He has not blocked a single flock, because I mean there's four of them. If I can't block all four, I would have to go shopping at the lows to get all the stuff needed to block them. Let me show you how easy this is. First things. First, you take that new weird keg thing that you bought. This this keg that you have that holds your mixed drinks and keeps them nice, and.
Speaker 4: That's totally awesome. That was a hit over the weekend. He's very cool. The keg is cool, right. Put that in front of one, Put that in front of one. Put Jackson in front of another flock camera. He'll easily block that. The kid's huge. Your truck in front of another, and then your body in front of one. Boom full flock block across the entire place. Easy done over with sounds hot. Let us know what you think.
Speaker 2: Send a dispatch over at the news Junkie dot com or email this show at any time tips at the NEEWS junkie dot com. Let's check in on late night TV before we get serious, getting all the drama, the controversy of the day. I have to tell you at this point, just just just just fire them all. At this point, all the late night guys are done. It's done. It's over with. I said, what's going on over here in the late night world? You had Stephen Colbert got the boot right, he's punted out and then his audience kind of went over to Kimmel or whatever. I haven't watched this stuff in forever because just I don't watch live TV. I don't watch any of the live TV. I used to watch the late night shows a lot. But that said, what's going on in the world the late night shows, it's over. Put a fork in them. It's done. It's absolutely done. I'm gonna play this for you. This is I think this was last night on Jimmy Fallon's show. Tell me this deserves to be a thing. Tell me these people deserve to get paychecks and there should be like hundreds of people employed to do all of this. This is what happened last night on Jimmy Fallon's show. Is over. I'll get this. I saw that a man in the UK just broke a world record by swallowing fifteen fish sticks in one minute. Gross, how did you even find them? What a pervert? Jeez, that's disgusting. It's a family show. I thought, ugh sticks, fish sticks? South Part did it? I mean, are you serious? This is like? This is it's such a very specific South Park Jokey, South Park did this joke. They made this joke, and then the craziest thing is they didn't get by it to the premise. I guess that the joke about the joke is that the joke's not actually funny. The joke about the joke is that the joke is not actually funny. But Kanye West doesn't get the joke, and around around.
Speaker 6: The whole gay fish the joke is about the joke, and they're over there doing the gay fish sticks joke on Jimmy Fallon's show.
Speaker 2: This is where we're at. I think it's done. I think I think it's over with. And then the crowd, who are these people? What did you do? You give them all fentanyl? You blow it through the air vents before you got in there, like lucky. Oh yeah, fish sticks, man, I get it right. I mean they're they're looking around with the level of confidence like their don Rickles like like, oh god, that just absolutely killed that murdered. Holy cow, my god. That's where they're at. That's where they're at. Over on the Late Night World, Jimmy Fallon doing the fish sticks joke, and then then I had to see. I was like, did this guy really eat that many fish sticks in one minute? It's just unbelievable. So they have to put the music so loud. Guinness, bro, It's just he's housing them. That was fifteen a world right, I guess in a minute. That's hard. Yeah, he's just housing these things. It's disgusting, by the way, because they're just not good. Usually, yeah they are. You gotta you gotta have them just right. Well, here here's the thing.
Speaker 4: Perfectly, fish sticks can be really good, but like not the way he's eating them. He's wolfing them down so fast just to get this world record. He's not enjoying any delicious sauce. No, he's the tremont with the fried fish.
Speaker 2: Is uh is just as important as the quality of the of the fish. Yeah. Oh, then he stops for a second about to puke. So this guy, you know, kudos to him. Somebody says, what's the original joke? Alien? The alien? That is the original joke. They literally just took the South Park joke and then chopped it up.
Speaker 4: And made it a little banter. I think between I think we got a Kanye right there in the the chattering.
Speaker 2: I don't get it. Well, I don't understand it. Why does everybody laughing? I don't understand this. Why's everybody call me a gay thief? Oh God? All right? The execution times two went down yesterday. Yes In fact, it happened an eighty year old man zapped out just a couple of minutes before he was going to be taken naturally, the second oldest inmate known to receive a lethal injection in modern US history, really only took a little juice of it, and then hours earlier, the guy who killed that young girl was also put to death yesterday. So that's two of them. Dominic Othe dead at six thirteen pm. They said. He laid strapped to a gurney. His spiritual advisor near his feet asked if he had any final work words. He thanked all of his Christian brothers for visiting him over the years, and he said sorry for all the hurd I cause I never meant to do what I did, and that was it for him. Two executions on the same day seemed to go as well as one could expect. We'll see what you think about all of this. Everything's always open to you and your takes. I want you to be a part of this show as per usual, so email the show tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. Like Charles, Charles says podcast listener here, you were talking this week about teenagers driving and wondering if all fifteen year olds learning to drive are dopey. My daughter got her learner's permit the week after she turned fifteen, all on her own initiative. I gave her a ride and paid for it, but she took the driver's ed courses and booked the appointment by herself. Good for her. She was a little nervous at first, but she took it seriously. That was six months ago, and I'm pretty confident she would pass the driving test to get her license already. She's a very good and responsible driver. Good for you, man, I mean, I'm telling you there's a lot of these kids that they would care to get her license. They're not even trying to get a license. They just uber their whole life. Everything brought to them, limos for their burritos and all that stuff. Another one coming in this from Caesar's The sea names continue. Caesar says to Tips at the News junk Hi, Sean, I've not heard of this on the news at all. I thought it may be of interest to you, he says. BTK killer Dennis Raider's daughter hit with the domestic violence accusation, loses custody of her kids after claiming they had been shot. I hadn't heard this either, Okay, yeah, I mean there could be an interesting conversation around is violence passed down from generation to generation since her dad was a serial killer, or is this something else completely? I'm not sure, but there you are. Thank you, he says. Love the show. Caesar Steven emails Tips at the News Junkie dot com. He says, about that kid that ate his sandwich into a gun. I know that sounds weird, Josh if you missed the show yesterday, but this autistic kid, his mom says, he's autistic. He was eating his sandwich. He ate it into the shape of a gun and pointed it at somebody and got in trouble. He got suspended, He got suspended. He'd been suspended a lot of times, though I forgot the number.
Speaker 4: But he has been disciplined thirty three three times and suspended like fourteen or sixteen.
Speaker 2: Times in first grade. He's the first grader by everybody. Steven here, I wanted to share a situation my wife experienced recently. She's a teacher's assistant PARA professional who specializes in working with children with autism. Good for her, that's great. Last year she had a student in her classroom who injured her. Oh not good for her. The teacher and another pair of professional What is this? What is a para professional? Is that like a part time or is that a fancy word for a part timer? What is I've never heard that word. I've heard it, I don't remember what it means.
Speaker 4: A par it's a trained education support worker who assists licensed classroom teachers.
Speaker 2: So it's like a teacher's assistant classroom teachers. The student frequently used severe profanity, made death threats, and would regularly run out of the classroom, forcing my wife to chase him down. The school had to document these incident, it's for disciplinary action, with the ultimate goal of either securing an additional para professional for the classroom or transferring this student to a specialized school. Dude ongoing disruptions and safety concerns. Much like the situation and the story regarding the student with the gun, the parents refuse to take accountability any at all for their child's behavior despite his autism. Wiggles Pops says Steven. Yeah, I mean, I just for the record, I think that's not the norm in the in the world of parents of autistic children. I do not think this is the norm. I think that this is a fringe case. I think the parents of autistic children that I've met over the years, that I've talked to, that have reached out to me when talking about stuff like this on the show are some of the They're tough people. They're the hardest working parents in the business for sure, and there they got hearts the size of you know, your state. But these people don't generally do this, and they don't fire up excuse machines. It's only every once in a while that you see somebody that does that, and it's like the school needs to do more and you're like, well, you know, the school is not really just a daycare for your kids, although a lot of a lot of parents seem to be convinced that that is the case these days. Okay, so much to work through. Busy, busy Wednesday. Here, when we come back, something gonna happen in somebody's car. This is this is gonna be the future, and I hate it. This is a sneak peek into the future, and I hate it. And I'm gonna play it for you. It's coming up next in the news, junkie. They've taken too much from us, you know, it made everything so expensive, these losers in Washington constantly letting us down, and nobody complains about some things that just seem like an obvious degradation of life. All right, and I'm going to prove this to you through the most bizarre thing on planet Earth here in a moment. But I'll take you back to being a youth, a young person in my day in the late nineties, and I will never forget. I remember driving around in the back of my mother's Dodge Caravan, and we would be driving all over town and I would hear the radio ads for the new cars and I think it was like maybe Kia's or something it was they were new at the time, whatever it was. It might have been Saturn's, you know, whatever it was. It was like, come down to the local dealership there. The brand new model of this car is n ninety nine dollars and it's buy one, get one free. Yeah. I was like, you could just get two cars for the hell of it. Yeah, like a Monday, Wednesday, Friday car and a Tuesday Thursday car. You know, on the weekends. I don't know what you do it walk, but you walk on the weekends and keep yourself in shape, right as one does. And I remember thinking, wow, why not just get two cars? Obviously, just go to the dealership. There would be commercials and they'd go for just ninety nine dollars a month. Ninety nine down and ninety nine dollars a month. You're walking out with a car. You could get to a job, you can stay employed, you can feed your family. At the big sign and drive event, that's right, go down to the sign and drive event. If you don't have a pen, don't worry, they got a pen for you. It pens everywhere, This pens all over the place.
Speaker 4: I think that Volkswagen uh was the one, or maybe it was a different company that that thought they were they would get clever and do the sign then drive event because then they didn't. They didn't want you to be signing while you were driving. That seems unsafe. We'll do the sign then drive event. I'll get to my point here in a second. But see Lane did tangents.
Speaker 2: Maybe see Lane did a live read one time, and what it was like you were talking about sign, sign then drive. So it's easy.
Speaker 4: All you need is a pen. And if you don't have a pen, they probably be there a car dealership. They probably have a couple of pens around there. They'll give you a pen.
Speaker 2: Then it got really hung up with the pens for an odd amount of time, like it's it's six minutes later, the commercial is still going. I was like, I don't know who has the pens. Everybody has a pen, right, you got a pen in your look at your.
Speaker 4: Personal and red ink probably is not the best for contracts, so you know, don't use that pen. But they do have pens with black ink, and that's you know, the the universally accepted color for pens.
Speaker 2: So back on the path, when I was younger in the car hearing the commercials. Cars are ninety nine dollars down, ninety nine dollars a month. Cars are you could buy one get one free, you know, like they're just the deals are just unbelievable. And now not enough people are complaining at how unbelievably terrible this experience is the experience of buying a car. The cost of a car, a regular ass car is like fifty thousand dollars. Now, when when I was listening to those commercials back of the day, if somebody told me they had a fifty thousand dollars car, we've been like, oh my cud, do you live in it? Yeah?
Speaker 5: What is this?
Speaker 3: Have?
Speaker 2: Like a hellapad? What's going on? Fifty thousand dollars card? Now that's just a body them line car almost right. They're so expensive, all these cars are. And then when you go through the purchasing process, the dealerships, you know, they make a little bit of money off of the car, but they make more money off of a million different things. And so they tell you, well, do you want the extended warranty? The extended warranty will only extend two more payments on your payment process, and your payments will be one hundred dollars more per month, and then you'll get the extended warranty. I mean, you don't have to worry about this for a while. And you go okay, and they go, you probably want the trim package, right, and you're like, yeah, yes, well I don't not want the trim package, and they go, okay, that, well, well that'll be another one hundred dollars a month. It's not not that big of a deal. A hundred dollars a month. You want the trim package, and you want the the the Neon led light package so you can see, you know, all the things they're throwing at you. And then they go, it's just another hundred dollars a month. And now the average car I think is five or six hundred dollars a month, maybe more, maybe seven hundred dollars a month for some people, which is crazy. And the car companies want you to like rent out some of the features, pay a little extra to have keys or whatever it is that seems it seems like it should come along with the car. Now. Also, the keys.
Speaker 4: Back then we're a lot cheaper to duplicate than the ones now where it's like we need the chip program or that's a huge expense for the dealership. We have to send it off somewhere for the chip program.
Speaker 2: So long story short, Let's say you're successful, You get out there, you get a nice car, it's a BMW, You pay a whole bunch of money, You go through all of this, Like eleven center Field says on Twitch, I bought a car this past weekend. Such a painful experience. Imagine you do all that and then you go, finally, just nine hundred payments of one dollars a month, and this puppy is going to be all mine and paid for. And then as you do that, you start your car, and this is what happens on the entertainment screen in the car. The startup screen in this BMW plays a promo for this weekend's new movie, Spider Man, Brand New Day. It pulls down the BMW loco. I mean your code. You know it's spinder cool.
Speaker 7: But the ads in everything is like the most dystopian thing ever, and.
Speaker 2: You know, damn well, it's like, it's gonna wait until the promo for the Spider Man movie on your dashboard in your car is done playing before you can officially put it in gear and start driving away.
Speaker 4: If that part is true, that's the most annoying part to me, Like if I can't just throw my car in reverse and it act it skips this, so and because it needs to show me the reverse cam, like, is there no way to skip this?
Speaker 2: Uh? Can you? I don't know? There's no button, right, where's the button? There's it's the screen. It tells you all the stuff about your car, like you know all the details about your ride. So, and it's playing a Spider Man commercial and people in the comments on the BMW subreddit said, oh, I liked the first ones, but I don't like this, and somebody goes the first ones and said yeah. They started out by saying this was an additional feature on the car, and they did a Halloween one and people liked it, and it was you start your car up and the spooky Pumpkins go like, get ready to drive, I'm a spooky Pumpkin, and the you know, the skeleton Man's like, oh, put it in drive. I'm a skeleton man. And you got all this stuff right. And then for drive my car, you got Dracula in there. You got all of them right, I was gonna do a Witch voice. I'm glad I stopped the one before I got ahead of myself, right, And and then uh, they said, you ready to drive the car. I'm on board. Now this is a new fangled Witch. It's twenty twenty six. They've ditched the brooms, you know, the cruis into the BMW's And they said, then they did a Christmas one and you started up at Santa's like, oh, ho, home is where we're gonna be heading in a couple of seconds, sir. It wasn't the Grinches in there. Whatever. And then now there's commercials and this is it, Like, so you pay a billion dollars for a car, it's a billion dollars a month, You sign your life away four hundred and sixty two times, you get the quad extended warranty which covers the flux capacitor. You get all of the things, right, and then afterwards they go, congratulations, you've bought a giant ad display and we're going to show you a brand new ad for this weekends Spider Man commercial that doesn't even need any more promotion. So this is it. This is the future that we have for v hicles, and not enough people are complaining about it, because if you complain about it, trust me, anybody who complains gets their way. It's just like the way. It's the way of the world. Still, if you complain, they will stop doing this. And they will stop doing this because they already know you pay a bunch of money for the car. They already know you pay a bunch of money for the payments, you pay a bunch of money for all of the stuff inside of it, and they they're just trying to get a little bit more out of you. But this is what's happening for BMW drivers, and it says, got this commercial in my car today as part of Spider Man's Brand New Day campaign. The crazy part for me is that they're doing it on such an expensive car. Whereas it used to be back in the days of like net zero, the free internet, right you could have you could have dial up internet for free, but you had to have banner ads. You know, you had to be like subverted to looking at advertising the whole time, the banner ad that you couldn't remove. But most most people you went on at zero the in and it was free, but the banner ad was like stuck on top of the brow.
Speaker 4: Yes, and it was like tried to float on top of all your windows and stuff.
Speaker 2: But that was because it was free.
Speaker 4: You're talking about a car that's maybe sixty one thousand dollars and you still have to have ads, whereas you're the alternative. By the way, have we talked about the slate truck?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: I don't even think I've heard of this.
Speaker 4: It's an evy that's like twenty four twenty five thousand dollars to begin with.
Speaker 2: Oh we did, we did just modular. It's modular and it's terrible. Yeah, it's got hand crank windows, no radio, it's yeah. Do you not want a Spider Man commercial on your dashboard before you start your car? Well, we've got something for you here. Buy this thing? Is this? Is?
Speaker 8: There?
Speaker 2: Are there people actually buying these? If you ever seen one of these on the road.
Speaker 4: I've seen a couple of reviews on YouTube, But I think they're gonna end up being more like fleet kind of vehicles or something like vehicle ankles from companies that don't care to give you a radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the employees are just gonna sit there and melt inside these things. And still probably somehow there'll be a Spider Man commercial. Top comment is wait till you get the new U two album over the air updates, which is a flashback to when Apple gave everybody a free U two album on their iPhones and then everybody got mad about the free album on their iPhones, but that was less of a commercial. Somebody says they're putting commercials in cars now, responds is paying fifty to one hundred thousand dollars a thousand dollars for a car yet still getting ads? Next, We're gonna need ad blocker for our cars. I get oooh yeah, I mean it's not too far away. That's like literally what's happening. Somebody says we're being turned into Wally characters. Yep, you're all sit back, watch this unending slop feed of commercials for the next Hollywood crap that's coming out, and you're one hundred thousand dollars vehicle and this is it? All right? BMW has done far worse than its history. They'll survive, well if they have a checkered past. Yes, I do agree. There's some thing.
Speaker 4: Well, here's the thing. I mean, what are you referring to? Are you referring to like nineteen forties nineteen thirties kind of history, or are we talking about just trying to charge people subscription fees for heated seats?
Speaker 2: Both? But I think the thirties and forties stuff was probably sure more detrimental historically. Yeah, well, depending on depending on what side you're on these days, who knows, I don't know. Quick Break, when we come back, a woman's surprise by something she found in her bush. She freaks out. I'm going to play her reaction. You're not going to believe this. It's coming up next on the News Junkie. This cannot be real. Somebody who send me an email and it'says please keep me anonymous. And you can always be anonymous if you want to email us at tips at the news Junkie dot com. But this one says, please keep me anonymous, Sean. I saw a sign for this guy today. Apparently he's running from my local school board office. This sounds like the fakes name ever for a politician running for office. And his name is Antonio Pizza, he says. He says, Antonio Pizza sounds like a restaurant or the fakes name ever. And then I saw the website is uh Pizza for school, right, that's the Yeah, the pizza always delivers pizza for s cps. This guy is this Realtio Pizza. Vote pizza Antonio Pizza, It says Josh, a dedicated can Unity member and candidate for school board. I mean, I don't know, he might be might be a good choice. He says, I want to save taxpayers money. I want distraction free education. I want to proper education. Pizza for school. You should not be doing a teeth smile Antonio. Why not? He doesn't have a good teeth smile. Wow, this is him. This is the future of politics. Pizza for school. I think it's genius. I think it's a great campaign he's got going. This is like how if I was twelve and I really did run for class president, my campaign would have went r you know, you know what in soda and the water fountains and stuff.
Speaker 4: And what's funny about this guy is he's incredibly If you just were to google his name, he's tough to find because because there's so many pizza places called Antonio's in just a certain radius around town. It's just a very common name for a pizza place. This has gotta be fake. I mean, the website itself is very elementary.
Speaker 2: It's smart though. It's like freedom. He's for governor, you know, it's like a liberty for mayor of you know, America, for president, and then you go pizza for schools. That's what this guy says he is. But somebody says is he is? That his prom photo his website does. Look. I don't know. He's nineteen. Shut up, are you a freshman at UCF. He's a freshman in a college and he's running for office and he's his vote. Antonio Pizza. We got to talk to Antonio Pizza. I think, right, let's see what's going on. He wants to increase the amount of kids in school. He wants students being passed without a true education to be a thing of the past. That's good, saving taxpayers money, all right, distraction free education, helping sure Pizza gets elected. Donate to the Pizza campaign now and then you know he's got all is stuff from his campaign and the pizza always delivers. It's it's smart, man. I think it's pretty smart. We've gotta figure out what I think.
Speaker 4: It is refreshing to see somebody who definitely did not use chat GPT for that logo.
Speaker 2: No no on the website. No, this is this this old fashion though it's there's something to this. Maybe we should talk to the pizza man. All right, we'll we'll bring him on, seeing like can you email the pizza guy Pizza for school. I email the pizza guy and we'll see if we can get him on, will grill him a little bit, and we'll see if he's got some motion behind him. But there's a lot of clever things going on a people try to run from. There's some motion, buddy, Okay, it sounds like a video game from the nineties, Josh, where there's the bad mob boss who like, now you face off with Antonio Pizza and you got to like start, you know, shootout with some mustachioed mobster or something. Pizza. He doesn't look like a mobster though, but all right, yeah he does. Heeling's gonna email him. We'll see if we can get in touch with the guy, and we'll see what he has to say about his campaign and the traction that he's getting pretty smart, it seems we want to hear from you. Send your dispatches into joy Us on the show. He sent a dispatch.
Speaker 4: Judging by the amount of attention we just gave him. It sounds like you could probably just reply to that anonymous email and be like, hey, all right, you did we we took, We took the mister Pizza. Now come on the show. We're gonna grill him though. When it comes on here, we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna put his feet to the fire and see if he's really cut out for this. How old is he? Josh nineteen nineteen. Didn't every campaign of some teenager end like it did in Parks and rec.
Speaker 7: Oh Ice Town gives ice clown his ice crown.
Speaker 2: Caught ice clown his ice crown. That's it. We're the the guy. The character in Parks and Rec the TV show tries to run for was a mayor or something, and yeah, he'd be mayor as a teenager. Yeah, I famously became mayor of the Teenager and all hell bro clues. It did not go well for him. And I've seen some of these stories happen, and like once they become a person in power, then all the gimmick and all that stuff wears off and they're like, I don't really want to I don't know if I want to do this. So we'll see if Pizza wants to do all of that, and we'll see if he can stand up to a very tough interview. Right now, a woman found something in her bush and absolutely freaked out. And I've got the footage to prove this. You're gonna hear this lady react. She goes out onto her driveway. She's in Los Angeles, California, and she, I guess likes to trim her roses. And this is what happened only.
Speaker 9: On CBSLA, A woman barely survived a rattlesnake bite in a front yard to share her story and a.
Speaker 1: Warning for others with our Reena and o'conno.
Speaker 2: She just reached it.
Speaker 9: Therapy is cutting roses at the end of the day, and I went out. I was going to trim a few roses and bring them in.
Speaker 2: Man, she did not make it far. She just walks over to the rose bush. She's about to do the first trim, and a rattlesnake bites her on the leg. And if you don't know about this moment, a rattlesnake bites you, time to go get help. It's not like, oh, let's put a bandage on this. Oh yeah.
Speaker 10: Before Linda Martin could even make one snip Saturday evening sewn racing for her life.
Speaker 9: Oh, I went and lifted the bush and when I did, I saw the rattler.
Speaker 10: No warning, not even a rattling sound, just sudden pain and a burning sensation.
Speaker 1: Within thirty to forty five this.
Speaker 2: This clip that they show. Strangely enough, they do this security clip and when the rattlesnake bites her, she freaks out as anyone would, but she's in a little skirt which almost because of her freak out, almost pops up, and they still showed it.
Speaker 4: They it it gotbors would have gotten more of a view than the Yeah, there's there's like one frame there where it's a little right there.
Speaker 1: They still show up in a burning sensation.
Speaker 9: Within thirty to forty five seconds, I started feeling the tingling in my fingertips and then it moved to my jaw, my cheeks, my tongue.
Speaker 10: A minute later, she was on the floor of her Stevenson Ranch home trying to call nine one one, but her spotty cell signal failed to connect the.
Speaker 9: Second time, and it didn't even connect and down a third time. And that's when my husband looked at me and said, just get in.
Speaker 1: My car within ten minutes. Stay right, why did you say it like that?
Speaker 7: Oh God, here, I was enjoying my day off.
Speaker 2: She did it again. Get in the car. All right, I'll take you a rattlesnake bite.
Speaker 10: Here we mayo New Hall Hospital r where she was given anti venom. Experts say her story isn't so rare nowadays.
Speaker 8: Last year a little over four hundred calls about rattlesnake bites. So far in the first six months of twenty twenty six, we've had two hundred and fifty calls.
Speaker 1: We can't trail with California poison, so they said this.
Speaker 2: This is happening a lot now because of the warm weather and stuff, and it got her. I'll put the video, the security footage of her getting bit by this rattlesnake and the lesson she learned from it up on the website. Go to the news Junkie dot com and to see it now section quick breaks. So we don't fall too far behind, We've got this Tony Romo police bodycam footage to go through. And it's a giver. It's it's a giver. I want you to hear this. It's going to be an interesting time, So we'll play that in scrub through it. That's coming up next on the news junk Ye one thing that Moses pointed out. Mo emailed me after show or texted me during the show, maybe yesterday, and Moe was like, you got to see this video. The drinking laws are so bizarre in the state of Wisconsin where Tony Romo got this ow I d u I d w I Like, there's there's so many different options there and uh, and I'll try to play that maybe after this so we can explain it a bit more and see if that's true. But first things first. Here he is. In newly released footage. Former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo is seen telling the cops that he was just on the way to his grandpa's house. That's why he was cruising along in his car and a little.
Speaker 4: Riproary U pregame going to grandpa's house, I guess, So yeah, he says that he wasn't drinking at all.
Speaker 2: And we'll see, like, imagine that this is your client and then this is the first you hear from him getting pulled over for a DUI d wy O wy whatever. And let's see how we did here. Here we got Shaff's office.
Speaker 8: I was.
Speaker 11: All right, read it for my stop. Pay reason for my stop today is the unsafe passing on.
Speaker 1: The right, the lane deviation a right.
Speaker 2: So he's in traffic on the highway as he's having a hard time hearing is you might be having a hard time hearing here.
Speaker 4: Tony Romo didn't know that cops had megaphones in their cars.
Speaker 2: That's what he said. He's like, you were telling me to pull over to the right side. I didn't know you guys had those things because they were like driver move, you know that, that sort of thing. And she says, uh, we're pulling you over because saying I'll zoop back just a second or two.
Speaker 11: The unsafe passing on the right, the lane, unsafe passing on the right, cutting across the door.
Speaker 2: One liquor obviously up.
Speaker 1: To the door.
Speaker 2: Yes, the mark area.
Speaker 12: Gotcha, where are you coming from?
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 1: I got you got the one for you said, yeah, that's.
Speaker 13: One of this.
Speaker 11: And you were coming from Grandma and grandma?
Speaker 2: You were coming from grandma and grandpa?
Speaker 7: Or were you going over the river and through the woods. Now he was going over the door. I have to tell you something real quick.
Speaker 2: If I am Tony Romo's attorney and I am seeing this video, I am telling him, you look a good so far. Like he doesn't sound noticeably drunk, he doesn't seem like like a mess. He is speaking without slurring, and he hasn't tried to call the president once. He hasn't tried to call the president all out Tiger Woods. Right, Yeah, So when I'm watching this, I'm going from an attorney's perspective. I I'm thinking he's doing pretty good so far. See which said, I have no idea who he is, but he's annoying me. Why what's he done wrong? So far? He's just talking with the police officer. He's asking a couple of questions. It seems okay, it's really hard to hear you, dude, I can't hear you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I know, we gotta basically yell at you. Right, okay, all right? Where are you coming from the golf course?
Speaker 2: Golf course? That's you say, golf course to a cop. They go, ain't many guys out there that are doing a round of golf without having at least a couple of drinks. You might as well said, bar right, Like you're coming from the golf course you might as well sayd bar So she's gonna clue into that. Okay, I'll take.
Speaker 11: The driver's license from him.
Speaker 2: You got it, You got it, Deputy Court. He's being kind, courteous. I passed the gore, which is the place you're talking about, Like, I got stop talking more. What's a good phone number?
Speaker 5: Koreo?
Speaker 2: Oh, god of his phone number? All of a sudden, No, no, they're bleeping out his phone number as the officer takes it. All right, that's your dad, the same last name. Yeah, so I got so. Okay, all right, he doesn't look drunk really all right?
Speaker 5: How many drinks have you had?
Speaker 2: Zero? He said? Course. See, that's what I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: You know what's hilarious is like she walked off and then I don't I wonder if she did that on purpose, like walked off to do whatever in the car, and then immediately comes back having drinks have you had? I don't know if she forgot that he was at the golf course, or if that was some sort of tactic to throw him off. He thinks things might be going well here, Yeah, turns out they're not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she says, how many drinks have you had? And then he goes zero, and then she says, coming from a golf course, question mark like this exactly what we were talking about here, You're coming from a golf course. I played Scots to state after Okay, I played in a golf tournament.
Speaker 11: Okay, all right, I'm going already.
Speaker 5: Do some fields.
Speaker 2: Really take any.
Speaker 7: Good sobriety test?
Speaker 2: Now? It's really interesting here, just from my perspective, and I am not in law enforcement. Anybody in law enforcement is welcome to chime in and tell me how dumb and wrong I am about this. But I haven't seen anything at all from him that would lead me to believe that the officer should say, well, let's get him out of the car and do some sobriety tests in the middle of this highway right here again, I like, somebody says, maybe she caught a whiff of his breath. Maybe she didn't mention that. Usually they'll mention that on the body cam and they'll say like, oh, here's why I'm doing this, and here blah blah blah, I could smell the alcohol in your breath. I didn't hear that. I don't hear him slurring, and he doesn't sound like he's really drunk or anything.
Speaker 4: Aside from him having to constantly ask her to repeat herself. But I understand that it is loud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his car is flying by everywhere. He's gonna call my lawyer. Yes, you're dying to step out of the vehicle. Of step out of the vehicle.
Speaker 1: Step out of the vehicle.
Speaker 2: Vehicle, you're gonna take all right, So a lot of the energy has shifted here. The energy has has now shifted, she said. Step out of the vehicle. Step out of the vehicle. He's trying to call his attorney. Things are not going very fail.
Speaker 11: Sobriety, you're not step out of the vehicle.
Speaker 2: You think he's hanging up his phone like you made.
Speaker 11: Tony Romo said, I'll take an additional ten seventeen. Vehicle's not stepping out.
Speaker 2: Of the vehicle for all do it. I'm just saying that I'm not. So he's saying I will do it, but I'm just saying I'm not allowed to call my lawyer. So Tony Romo now gets out of the vehicle. At this point. One of my favorite parts is somebody said, I haven't seen this part yet. Somebody said, he asked if he could stretch before he did the roadside du I test, Like I've never heard of anybody asked that before. Can you do that? And be like, well, I'll do the roadside the UI test, but I'm gonna want to stretch a little bit.
Speaker 7: I don't see why not, Like it makes sure you're doing it. The cops have already decided you're drunk, So why does stretching matter?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 2: Big One on YouTube says it's amazing when a cop does something good or is not at fault. How quickly the bodycam video comes out. Now TMZ released this, so they probably just you know, it's celebrity. They probably put in for a very quickly. All right, So you're gonna step in front of my Oh it's quieter over here. Good step in front of my vehicle.
Speaker 10: Step in front.
Speaker 2: He puts the phone down. Oh he's recording. All I could tell by the way he put his phone down. He's like, his phone is recording on the bumper of his vehicle.
Speaker 5: Twenty four spots.
Speaker 11: He's out of the vehicle.
Speaker 2: How'll the cove on the turn around? You're gonna refusing? No, no, he said, I will do it. He said all he said he would get out of the car. He said, Uh, I'll do the test, but I want to talk to my attorney. Now he's saying, I'm fine.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: The second video of him shows him stretching. Somebody says, I'm thought in this one if i'll find that too, Okay.
Speaker 11: All right, you're detained pending a wire investigation.
Speaker 2: Deputy cour sir, are you gonna take this?
Speaker 11: So as of right now, we're on a leveled ground, we're on a bridge.
Speaker 2: I wanted to it's going to be a even surface free of the breeds. Good. Yeah, that's smart. Smart, lady's smart, a pretty smart car. Yeah. He might as well have said smart and good looking. Huh. I was lucky, my lucky day to come in contact with you. So they say, we got to get out of here. It's too loud. All right, now, I got to get to the second video. Here. Let me see, we're gonna find this Tony Romo stretch. Because he did ask the guy. I guess they moved him so it would be like a more comfortable place to do the test. Here it is, This is Tony Romo warming up for a field sobriety test is unbelievable. They bring him into this covered place. When my partner brought the backpack that you wanted.
Speaker 11: We basically do not an inventory, but I make sure that there's no guns in him exactly.
Speaker 9: And there were a few shooters in there.
Speaker 2: Shooters, shooters, okay, any of them were drink right, okay, exercise okay. So she said there were shooters in your bag, and then he said, I don't think any of them were drank. So so she's sang like, we found this alcohol on you. But he's say, hey, just for clarity here, you found full alcohol bottles.
Speaker 4: Clearly, if they're full, that means I haven't drunk them. Bootie says, what's a shooter. It's like those little like buzzballs and.
Speaker 2: Like airplane bottles. Yeah, oh really okay, like little travel travel liquor bottles. Okay, So he's saying they weren't drunk, and now he wants to stretch out before it does the d u I test. Yeah, he's doing some knee lifts and stretches. I mean, what a really drunk guy do this? Maybe probably any head injuries? Yes, yes, what a dumb question. She might as well said, any reason why you didn't get that third and ten pass to a wide open receiver a couple of years ago. Like, what any any head injuries and he's like, oh, it was about that.
Speaker 11: Wow, excuse any head injuries recently?
Speaker 10: Any concussions?
Speaker 2: Well over the years, yes, but okay, let me tell you what's going on here. He does not want to do it, but he's right on the verge of saying, I'm an NFL player, my name is Tony Romo. Well, she knows what his name is.
Speaker 7: I might not know who Tony Romo is though she might not hard, but like, do you see like this? He's like, he don't do it, Tony.
Speaker 2: Do I drop Dallas Cowboys quarterback right now? Over the years, yes, but not recently. Okay, when you turn, he's still stretching the front foot on the line and stretches. He's been out of it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm going to demonstrate with three you will do nine?
Speaker 2: Okay, sound okay? Sitting there back two six super bowls, it's kind of drop it in there somewhere. What is that machine that you've bone. Don't do it. Don't do that determine the results of We're not doing that. All the players don't ever do that nine that we're not going to do that did I pass this test?
Speaker 1: You turn around, No I didn't.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't have because there's a plane taking off. Okay, I'm gonna tell you right now. You guys, tell me, chat, tell me, everybody tell me. Agree or disagree with this. I think he's gonna win this case. I don't. I think.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: But if it goes to a jury and they say he why would he have to do that? He's not He hasn't been drinking. There's no proof that he's been drinking. He's not slurring his words. If you're let's just say, from the perspective of a DUI attorney, wouldn't you watch this and go, bro, we are going to win this fight. I I think he's gonna win. You don't think it's I.
Speaker 7: Like, if I'm the attorney, I'm arguing that a man that's had two different back surgeries cannot possibly compete complete a field sobriety test.
Speaker 2: Right. Well, yeah, and he didn't say do you know who I am? And he didn't sound hammered. It was nice the whole time. Yeah, he was polite. I think like a jury would hear this and you know, be if they were like, think about this in a very logical way. They'd be like, well, and I don't know, seeing maybe you're right if they can bring up that he refused a breathalyzer, is that something you can use to try to prove guilt in these cases?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, that's actually the well, I don't know what the laws are in the state that he was arrested. You said, Wisconsin. Yeah, it was where they were, and they have some weird drinking laws. You know, we've talked with Moses recently that where in Florida they made it a crime to refuse the fields of bride or to refuse a breathalyzer, yeah, right, or a blood test. However, that is kind of going to be up in the air because that seems like a violation of your fifth Amendment maybe fourth.
Speaker 2: Maybe there's maybe a little bit of the two.
Speaker 4: But it used to be. And like he said, I've heard this from plenty of lawyers. Don't blow. He said that, you know, he thinks not blowing is the best thing for him. That means they don't have any steadfast evidence that you would consumed alcohol, only the video, which he handles himself pretty well. That stretching things a little weird, but.
Speaker 2: I think people would just be like, well, he didn't say do you know who I am? He didn't, He wasn't falling. Imagine if you're on a jury and you're sitting there watching any random person in a duy case where there's no breathalyzer and no blood alcohol level. If this person says I come to you today, you could believe me or not. But I, on principle I refuse to do these tests. I don't know about these tests. My lawyer friends tell me, do not take these tests right, and they could get false positive. So I didn't want to do it and get a false positive. I felt like I was very in command of what was going on.
Speaker 4: I do agree that I think a DUI attorney would would find favor.
Speaker 2: With this case, and with this video.
Speaker 4: I think that probably, you know, if it would were to go to trial, you might have the prosecutor putting a police person on stand and saying like, here's all the parts of the field sobriety test, here's what we're looking for, and here's where he fell short of them, probably talking about the way he asked people to repeat stuff a lot, but overall the evidence is not there that he ever had a recorded blood alcohol level.
Speaker 2: It's it's definitely not a slam dunk against him. I don't think. I literally did not expect it to be. It looks it looks pretty good from him. Do you think that his employers, because now he's a commentator in the sports world. If I was his employer and I watched that, I wouldn't say fire this guy. If I if I watched the body cam footage and I'm an employer and it's my employee and they're WHOA, you know, like, if somehow that's related to their work performance, right, otherwise I really didn't care all that much. But if it's related to their work performance and I watch that, I go, there's not enough here for me to actually know at one hundred percent certainty or beyond the reasonable doubt that this guy's drunk.
Speaker 4: A lot of people in the texting service are saying, like, listen, if you're getting the field sobriety test, you're going to jail. Do people pass field sobriety test like I have? You have passed multiple Field sobriety tests?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this true story I have. Over the years, I was famous among my friend group. They would drive by, we'd be on the way to a party, I'd get pulled over. I'd be doing the roadside test and they'd be like, uh, Sean, just gonna be a couple minutes late because I passed them every time. They'd be like, no, and I never because of course I was sober. I wasn't drumk I wasn't at all. Then why is it impressive that you passed? Yeah, we gotta go to break, all right, I would answer that question. But we have to go to break. We're gonna go to break very quickly. And when we come back, we've got much more to get into, including your feedback. We'll talk about Sophie Cunningham and the WNBA with some drama, a new door dash service that sounds absolutely unhinged you. A whole bunch more coming up next on the News Junkie. A couple of things. Is it worth watching this clip about how weird the drinking laws?
Speaker 4: Yes, it's pretty interesting. Actually it's not really. I mean, I guess you would call them drinking laws. I would say more the driving under the influence laws are the weirder part. Like we've talked about plenty of places that have weird laws about how you can drink, where you can drink, how much you can drink, you know, different things like that that vary from state to state. But I guess what this guy is explaining is that Tony Romo picked the best state to commit this offense in.
Speaker 2: Oh really, I let's hear from here it is. This is the clip most sent over and we'll talk to him about this. I guess later on the week.
Speaker 8: Tony Robo getting arrested is everyone realizing how insane Wisconsin's drinking laws are, myself included, and you know that people from Wisconsin or drinkers, when the laws around drinking and driving basically give you a free DWY. The other day, Tony row was in Wisconsin playing in a golf tournament where he shot thirty five over by the way, not very good Tony, but he got arrested for it.
Speaker 2: Was that really needed Trump did well? Is that proof that he was drunk with thirty five over is quite bad?
Speaker 15: Wow?
Speaker 8: Now, WA in Wisconsin in Owy is basically a DWY in any other state. Apparently Tony had a really sketchy field sobriety test, so he got arrested, cooperated, got booked, and then got released. Now nobody knows what Tony's BAC was. But what happens too in the state of Wisconsin when you drive drunk is different from any other state in the country because as I was looking into this, I just realized that your first defense is basically a get out of jail free cards.
Speaker 2: Okay, it says first defense is a civil Oh your first DUI is this civil offense? Not criminal? It's not criminal, it says a civil Your first DUI is a civil offense with a one hundred and fifty to three hundred dollars fine plus SURD charges, license revocation, first six to nine months, alcohol assessment, driver safety plan possible something. Oh, I ida, I think that's like the ignition device thing. No jail standsfense. Yeah, yeah, it just stays on your record for life though, and counts towards future offenses. But it's not a criminal charge. I think with OWI in Wisconsin, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 4: I think he's about to explain that it only stays on your record in wisconcert it only matters to get you to the second offense category.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, is.
Speaker 8: A fine of one hundred and fifty to three hundred dollars with a four hundred and thirty five dollars surcharge. Yeah, your license for both for six to nine months. You got to take some courses, but there is no jail, and it's considered a civil crime. And this only stays on your record in the state of Wisconsin, and it does count towards future ow wise, but it will not show up on background checks because it is a civil forfeiture. Compared to any other state in the US, you're looking at a misdemeanor and up to a year in jail, like a felony on your second d WI, but in Wisconsin it takes you four o wus to get Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's what he's pointing out.
Speaker 4: So the second two are just misdemeanors, they're not felonies, and the first one civil it's not even criminal.
Speaker 2: So you have to get to four drinking and driving charges in the state of Wisconsin to get to like big trouble.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, well, yeah, to get a felony on your record, that's all.
Speaker 2: That's that's quite a bit there, but.
Speaker 4: I think all right, so, yeah, what you were saying there is the I I D thing is the interlock device, but that's only if the blood alcohol content is above point one five, equal to god, equal to or above point one five.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. That's a lot, right, it's a decent amount.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you if you get over, if you double the legal limits, so point oh eight, you know, point one six, they might say possible, I I D. But the thing is they don't have a number for Tony Romo because he didn't blow that.
Speaker 2: There's no jail. Yeah, and it really just counts towards your future offenses.
Speaker 4: But mostly in Wisconsin. I mean, I don't know if that that translates over to the other states.
Speaker 2: I think he's in good shape there. Big thanks, by the way, big fat thanks to Brad Wallace Realtor for the sixteen gifted subscription co on. Well look at that. Look at that, Brat two cheers for you, Brad. Thank you for the support. That's big support, big support. Go claim one of those and unlock a premium subscription on the news Junkie dot com including secret shows access. Let's see what else we have here. A bunch of people have been chiming in. Somebody says you outed the insider tip. Oh oh, this was something this during the break. That's no big deal, no big deal. They're saying, did you guys really email the pizza guy, the pizza politician guy. Yeah, Zealand did. Yeah, yeah, And we'll see if we hear back from the pizza politician guy. If I don't hear back from him in thirty minutes, it's free. Mike emails that he said, you think the snake bite was bad for that lady. Check out the price tag on the anti venom is that expensive? It doesn't surprise me that it would be expensive, but I'm not sure. See I see what that would cost. Anti venom treatment costs or something.
Speaker 4: Rattle snake anti venom costs twenty five hundred to fifteen thousand dollars per single vial.
Speaker 2: Damn. Total hospital charges for a full snake bite treatment regularly reaching one hundred thousand to over two hundred and ninety thousand because patients often need anywhere from four to thirty plus vials.
Speaker 4: I guess depending on the severity of the byte. What was the high end of that high end would be two hundred and ninety thousand dollars for the hospital stay.
Speaker 2: Damn almost three hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: The per vile price depends on the hospital and in the specific brand of antivenom use, such as Crowfab or Anovi. Most treatments require for it require four to six vials the initial dose, but severe or complex and venomations I never heard of that word before, can require thirty or more viral vials. And then there's all the other kind of stuff like emergency room care. I see you, monitoring lab work, secondary treatments, anything that gets you close to that three hundred k mark. I would be floored if they didn't factor in the cost. If they had to emergency fly in the ve of the anti venom, then you would probably be on the hook for whatever the cost of that flight was.
Speaker 2: Man, I mean, but it saves your life, right because you would die otherwise I believe right.
Speaker 4: So, but does insurance cover like an anti venom for a snake bite like that?
Speaker 2: I just give a fake name. I would walk in there, fake name, get myself out, never have to deal with that again. No debt for the rest of my life. They're never going to track me down.
Speaker 4: As congratulations you're living, but good luck keeping any of your money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, three hundred thousand dollars down. How did TLJ crew as somebody to tips the newsjunkie dot com just curious what are the current laws for pedestrians intentionally blocking a car. This story came up with my social media feed. A driver pulled into a nearby drive through to grab a drink. According to reports, an angry woman followed on foot confronted her aggressively at the drive through, yanking on her door handle, pounding on the windows, trying to bend and break the antenna, and generally escalating things. When the driver tried to leave, the woman stepped in front of her car, taunting her with lines like you're gonna hit me? Go on, go on, you stupid dog. What are you gonna do? Hit me? The driver inched forward to get her to move. The woman jumped onto the hood of the car, and I guess, I guess they hit her. Did we talk about this? We had a story similar to this, we did? I think this is from April. The story of the person sends I remember talking about this. The woman jumped on the hood of the car, and then the car just kind of drove off. Just for those of you who don't remember, here, it is.
Speaker 1: An enraged woman on the gold post, clinging to the corner of the car, but it's the driver who's been sentenced by the courts. Only nine News has the video.
Speaker 2: I think she drove too far. You're in the driver. I do remember this, lady.
Speaker 16: Yeah, behind the wheel on the Gold Coast is twenty two year old Natalie Alice Shaw in her path. He is an enraged woman sea word.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember this. My car flying off the side of the road. Oh yeah, all right, So I don't think you can just cruise down the road and then the woman fell off and probably got hurt pretty badly. But if I hit you with my car because you're threatening in front of it, I think you might get out of that one.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you have to you have to be threatening, though, you would have to argue to the police, argue to a jury that you felt that your life was in danger and that's why you hit this person.
Speaker 2: Like you cannot use your car to nudge them.
Speaker 4: I mean I think, like, yeah, I think that the person who's blocking your way, as obnoxious as it sounds, is a little more protected than you are.
Speaker 2: If they're trying to smash your window and in like kind of attacking your car and stuff, you can drive through them, can you not?
Speaker 4: If I would say them trying to smash your window would be reasonable fear for your safety, right.
Speaker 2: You got to get to that level somehow, I guess.
Speaker 4: I mean, like all of the advice for somebody that finds themselves in that situation is lock the doors, record everything, call the police.
Speaker 2: True. Yeah, that's a good idea. I agree with that one hundred percent. All right, we have a lot in the second half of the show to get to. We'll get to this Sophie Cunningham, WBA drama, the new service from Door Dash, some of the fauci stuff. Maybe there's a bunch to working clips wise, we're just getting started. But Hot Sheet is coming up next on the news Chunkie, a juicy story at the top of the hour, my god, probably probably the most salacious story of the day at the top of the hour, and then the door Dash thing. And we've got many many things to cover, including this car chase story and a lot on the way. But let's give some time to the man who blocks no flock cameras. Right now, Let's do the Hot Sheet. New news but not like really important news. That's again and reporting on the planet.
Speaker 12: Book, top stories from the people on your screens and speakers are.
Speaker 2: On the hot sheet with Sea Lane.
Speaker 4: That's right, it's the top five stories in the nonsense news that is brought to you by that mortgage guy Don the man, the myth, the legend. And we're gonna start with Tom Cruise, who now has something in common with mister Brad Pitt. Now, you would guess a lot of things in common. They're both very successful, very successful actors. I don't think Brad Pitt is a scientologist, No, he's not. They're both very successful actors. They've been in a bunch of big movies. I don't know if they've ever Have they ever worked together Cruise, Cruis and Pitt.
Speaker 2: You know what, I don't know if they have. Actually, now might be an expensive movie.
Speaker 4: It might be a little too much star power for one flick with a vampire.
Speaker 2: Ah, okay, points points.
Speaker 4: And now Tom Cruise has joined the club that Brad Pitt is in where his kids no longer won his last name, because Tom Cruise's daughter, Surrey Cruise, who he famously had with Katie Holmes, has officially dropped the Cruise from her name. According to Pennsylvania records in twenty twenty four, the only daughter of the couple registered to vote under the names Siri Noel during her freshman year at Carnegie Mellon. Surrey and Tom have been estranged since she was seven years old, reportedly probably because to get away from the scientology stuff. I think was Katie Holmes kind of wasn't cool with all that. But page six was first a report about the name changed. The outlook confirmed Pennsylvania courts that you have to register to vote with your legal name, meaning that when she registered to vote to Surrey Noel, she had already dropped the name Cruise.
Speaker 2: Katie denied reports. The reports that the daughter repoints.
Speaker 4: That their daughter had and inherited a trust fund Surrey Cruse now Sary Noel from Tom.
Speaker 2: Read all about it. She fouled from divorce. She filed for divorce from Tom after six years of marriage in twenty twelve. That's their only child together.
Speaker 4: Remember when like it was like a sign of the times they had Suri Cruz, right, she was like two or three years old, And then it came out that they bought her an iPad and everybody was, what is a three year old need with an iPad? That is preposterous? Yeah, these are things? Are the these are these are childless people? I think mostly.
Speaker 2: Celi knows now at this point it's like, well, at the time it was ridiculous, yeah, because it was. It was early on, But now you know, like, hey, there there is an advantage and it doesn't always have to be bad about giving the kid the iPad every once in a while.
Speaker 4: I don't think, first of all, in our household, it's not an iPad, it's a just a cheap old kid kid tablet, which he is. My kid has now added a syllable to that word. He was saying tablet just fine, but now it's tablet tabolet. He's a Southerner a little bit. Give me the table the tablet, Give.
Speaker 2: Jackson the tabolet rock. Now you listen to Jackson and the tablet. If he just talks in the third person for his whole life, I will be a happy, happy man. He's on his way to it. He has not stopped anyway.
Speaker 4: Moving on, Katy Perry is the latest to not know how TikTok works or music licensing in multiple ways actually, but pop superstar Katy Perry says she is deeply appalled over the White House using one of her hit songs in a recent TikTok post about the Iran War. The White House's post from last Thursday originally had Perry's song Firework playing over clips of explosions and strikes on Iran, with the caption Iran has been Warned. The audio has since been removed, but Perry recently made headlines for her romance with former Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. Expressed her disapproval of the use of the song, saying her music is not about celebrating warfare. Now, somebody else clapped back at her, saying, hey, isn't this your video of singing part of me while wearing US military garb with a video of her enlisting and training with the Marine Corps. That's neither here nor there. What caught my attention was, despite Perry's objection to the White House posts, she doesn't actually have control of how her music is used because Perry sold her music rights to Litmus Music for about two hundred and twenty five million dollars, yeah, a couple of years back.
Speaker 2: So that's that.
Speaker 4: Might be one of those things where you know, people are getting a big check for selling off all these music catalogs. That means they can do pretty much whatever they want with it. Did you see her?
Speaker 2: She's got like a new gimmick she was trying to do where she's in an inflatable water bottle at her concert.
Speaker 4: No, I thought she thought she had to cancel all her concerts. She's still touring right now, I guess. So look at this just for you streamers. Very quickly, she's in this inflatable water bottle and she tells the audience like, spin me to the stage, and the audience like doesn't really care, so she's just stuck in the water bottle on the crowd.
Speaker 2: She's like, roll me to the stage, you know. No, she's trying to do the flaming lips thing, ye, kind of like where you're like, it's not as yeah, yeah, it didn't go well.
Speaker 4: Oh well, sorry about that. Sorry about your luck, Katie Perry, Buddy Ghost, sorry about there we go. That's my that's my bad. I just hit I hit the pause button.
Speaker 2: Bunny XO. We know that name as being the ex wife of whom Jelly roll That what you were going to say, Sean, Yeah, yeah, I'm going to say the role part as long as Josh did. But point that out because you weren't going to say that at all. Bunny XO has hit the ground running since splitting from Jelly Rule. She's enrolled in college, made making out with younger reality stars, and now she has added to her growing fleet of cars a brand new custom Rolls Royce that looks to be to the tune of about five hundred thousand dollars Rolls Royce, I don't hate it.
Speaker 4: The podcaster purchased a white Rolls Royce coloran Coolanan Coloran too rich for my blood, posting a video of her newest splurge on Instagram. The car retails for between four hundred and fifty thousand and six hundred thousand. In a text overlay, she wrote, sometimes a girl needs to spoil herself.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Dwayne Johnson, he needs a gimmey, He needs a gimme guys. He's had a couple rough goes at it. After his bid for an oscar with the Smash Smashing Machine didn't pan out, he tried but failed to bounce back with the costly box office failure of this month's live action Mowana remake, and even his last two starring vehicles before that, Black Adam in Red One overwhelmed across the board, but this might be his comeback because Jumanji Open World has dropped the trailer and the latest edition of the Jumanji franchise will be hitting theaters December twenty fifth of this year. By the way, his latest Jumanji film, it says we'll have to compete with Avengers, Doom Day, and Dune Part three, which sounds rough, but considering the previous two outings with the franchise, the last couple Jumanji films did exceptionally well during packed winter holiday frames, meaning like it's being released on Chris Day, so it's gonna be in.
Speaker 2: Like those movies. I know they're cheesy, but I like them. Oh my wife loves the Jumanji movies. It's fun. And this one's about like the characters in the video game get transported into the real world.
Speaker 4: Right as opposed to the people being sucked into the Jumanji world and having to do that.
Speaker 2: And last, but not least, in the hot sheet, this is very exciting news. Universal has dropped information about one of its latest haunted houses for Halloween Hornites and it is honoring this guy. Hell yeah, what a great idea.
Speaker 4: Interest and Ozzy Osbourne Haunted House for Halloween Horrnites. It says that the OSSI's legacy lives on in the most fitting way with the house in his memory at HHN Universal made the announcement a year after the Metal Icon's death, announcing the Ozzy Osborne Prince of Darkness houses inspired by his prolific solo career. Guests can anticipate it wild ride as they climb aboard the Crazy Train for a terrifying trip through his disturbing world of rock and roll. That house will be in both the Orlando and Hollywood locations, joining the stacked lineup for the twenty twenty sixth season. So that's something to look forward to for Halloween Horronites, which, judging by the fact that it's almost August, means Halloween Hornites probably starts in a couple weeks.
Speaker 2: That's right. It's Crazy Yeah.
Speaker 4: Train, Crazy Train, Crazy Olley. All right, you want to move away from that joke that mortgage guy Don has got a.
Speaker 2: Mortgage for you.
Speaker 4: Your mortgage has a seven or eight in front of it already you should be calling him for a refinance. You paying too much.
Speaker 2: But if you've got a quote, the number one mistake people make is not shopping that quote around. So hit him up today and that mortgage guy, why why the delay? Why did that take you so long? I didn't know if I had it or that I liked it. Hit him up today at that mortgage guy don dot com. All right, stand by when we come back. Probably the most salacious, slacious, dirtiest, most vile story of the day, and it's a really juicy one that I don't want you to miss out on. Door Dash has a new service that's unrelated to that thing, the Sophie Cunningham w NBA stuff. We'll talk about that. There's a whole bunch more to get into on a busy Wednesday. It's coming up next on the News Junkie. I had to throw this out ceiling. See if you can find anything more about this to bring me off of the ledge because I feel like everybody has lost their sense of humor. I feel like everybody is like clutching pearls. You pearl clutching people ruin the world, You ruin common conversation. You make everything obnoxious, You make the internet obnoxious, you make the workplace obnoxious. All of these things that are so annoying here's the story. Saint Paul Minnesota. You guys ever heard of it? Yes? Oh yeah, I thought so, thought so. Saint Paul Minnesota, Josh and Celen. They just elected their first female mayor, and now there's an investigation overclaims she's sexually harassed people in government, including her own police chief. They said she made sexualized comments. Yeah. The new mayor who is Mayor Kylie and this woman who just took over. I don't know anything about her. I don't know what party she's of. I don't care about any of that. But when I saw this star, I was like pearl clutching weirdos who get like so upset about it. The evidence that goes along with this that they're now investigating this female mayor for sexual harassment includes a screenshot of a text message from the mayor wishing a city employee a happy Wiener Wednesday okay and referencing eating hot dogs. Okay. So a reference of eating hot dogs and saying happy Wiener Wednesday. And now all the little animated gifts that are coming into chatter making more sense. The woman getting hit in the face with all the hot dogs.
Speaker 4: Oh no, there was there was a better one. That was before I can't scroll with this thing. But Kevin Lincoln Fisher did one that was a hot dog that was like spraying mustard suggestively.
Speaker 2: That's sexual harassment. Of course, it's more sexual harassment than this ladies text saying happy Wiener Wednesday with hot dogs, don't God forbid to get in your taco Tuesday or brace yourself hump day? Right, you know, oh my god, everybody's freak out right now.
Speaker 4: Then I send these texts about Fallatio Friday, and all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, wait, wait, see that one's a little more aggressive. She also superimposed a Saint Paul police officer's face onto a baby's body, and now they want to fully look into her phones and investigate her because they said that she is sexually harassing people. How is that part sexual harassments? The baby naked says a baby's It says she super imposed a Saint Paul police officer's face. Are they as me? What about that? It's so bad? Like is she just sending some memes and you're getting caught in the memory and you're like, oh my goodness, this is so offensive, Like who who are these people? Okay? The complaint includes allegations about a text message she's sent to the city employee included an image along with the message when she wraps you up in a blanket after you gave her a good wienering. All right, it is Winner Wednesday. It's about It's like a hot dog joke, if there was if there was a male mayor, Josh is not convinced. If there was a male mayor, and the male mayor was like, happy Taco Tuesday. Uh, go go get some tacos tonight and then have a real good time with your wife and like some little innuendo around Taco Tuesday, would everybody be like, well, this is sexual harassment here? What the hell are like? We can't have any fun anymore? Is over the line? Now, it's stupid. It doesn't seem like enough to me to warrant that again. I don't even know what part of this one's for, nor do I care. I'm just like this seems a little hyper sensitive. There's a bunch of men too. I don't know why that makes it worse to me, but like a bunch of men who were like, I am being sexually rast Oh, men can't be victims to you, No, what I'm saying is women have put up with god knows what for for ae hundred years, one hundred years a millennia.
Speaker 7: Women have been around for one hundred years, and they've had it at bad the whole time.
Speaker 2: Since they invented women one hundred years ago. Josh, there has been things like this that they face, sexualization and jokes and stuff in the workplace. And the one woman mayor comes forward and goes, hey, happy Wiener Wednesday, guys, and the guys a going on being sexually harassed? You absolute weakling? What the hell? What is that?
Speaker 17: Like?
Speaker 2: This is not what the word sexual harassment is for. Maybe you guys disagree, let me know, send a dispatch over at the news junkie dot com. If that sexual harassment. The chat sexually harasses me every show that we do, every show, with the stuff that you guys post and stuff you send in. I'm not asking for it. Yeah, I'm wearing a perfectly normal T shirt today, Nothing wrong with it, OJ Simpson, SoJ Simpson, you see, Oh he's trying on an oven. It's hamburger helper. Oh. OJ Simpson with a Hamburger helper glove. But nobody in chat knows who who it is. They think of Stephen A. Smith. They thought it was Bill Cosby a little bit right, Yeah, But I mean, I don't want to throw at accusations and clutch pearls over here myself. Let us know what you think, let us know what you think. A Sean will be so sensitive. I'm not being sensitive. I'm just actually not being the opposite of sensitive. What's that insensitive? I guess that's the word. That's the one that came up with. That's the one that I'm being that one there, all right? Speaking of that, there is a little bit of commentary going on. I want to bring this to you, and I think it's funny. Like especially the language around this in the media is what really gets me. So Sophie Cunningham of the WNBA did some interview and she made a statement. I'm not going to quote her directly, but it was something like, I think that men should not be playing in women's sports, right, Like, you know, men in women's sports is unfair, and I'm here to fight for women who want fairness in sports. And one of the stories there's actually a lot of phrasing like that. So I want to show you an example. If you're with us on the stream side of things, and so this says a controversial Sophie Cunningham rally planned. And then before that it was like there's lots of stories about how her comments were controversial in the heated comments and all of these things. There's a trick that goes on here and it's happening a lot with this WNBA story, because brace yourself, a lot of people in the WNBA are crazy, all right, They're insane people, absolutely unhinged people who are actually the crazy ones. But that aside, Sophie Cunningham makes a statement and she's like, you know, women's sports should be protected and we want to make sure things are fair for young girls who want to performer or grown women even you know in the WNBA. And then they went on with like controversial comments about a sub touchy thing. When I looked at this last and you can double check me on this just to make sure I'm not making things up. The last polling I saw on this exact topic, like should biological men be able to compete in women's sports? The last polling I saw on this was like eighty percent of people agreed that they should not. Eighty percent of people believe that biological men should not be competing against women in sports eighty percent. I cannot name to you another thing that eighty percent of Americans would support. I cannot pizza would go below eighty percent. Do you like Burger?
Speaker 4: Are we talking about Antonio Pizza or the actual meal?
Speaker 2: Wiener Wednesday has a lower than eighty percent approval Ratey, there's very few things on the planet that eighty percent of Americans agree on, not a million different topics out there. Can you get people to go like, oh, yeah, like obviously, you know, I think that biological men have an advantage, so they should not be performing specifically on a competitive level with women in women's sports, and that just is an unfair thing. Eighty percent of people in the poll I saw, and then I think NBC News had one that was in the seventies, seventy six, seventy five ish around there was the polling that I saw, should biological men compete in women's sports? That is the least controversial thing I can think of. That is literally the least like if I'm standing in front of a crowd and they say, and I want to say something to them, that eighty percent of them will agree with. That's the thing I can say. This is easier than lois from family guy saying nine to eleven to the crowd. You know when when nine and patriotism was fever, nine eleven was bad like this, It's not controversial in the slightest, but I guess there were some people who were booing her. The funny part is now there's like people supporting her and then signs four and against her. At at the games, the Seattle Storm posted one of their players and they had like their their intro outfit, because the ladies from the WNBA do like these intro outfit things, and her outfits at trans rights, her human rights is like a shot back with a bumper sticker slogan at Sophie Cunningham. Here's some of the people on the sidelines. Somebody said no hate in these United States. They were like against her statements, and then somebody said, thank you Sophie for speaking up for girls. They were forced those people were forced to take down their signs at some point during the game. And it's just the only thing really of note about it to me is that it's pitched as if there's something controversial going on here. Don't let them do this to you. The media loves to do stuff like this. They'll have a fringe opinion themselves, and then they'll label you as the controversial, fringe outsider person for believing something that almost everybody universally agrees with. That's the kind of thing that happens, well, used to happen more. I think people have had enough of that, right. I think like the WNBA is full of a bunch of crazies, and that's kind of being exposed a little bit in the melee here, But really they might have to end up on something here where they just say they might have to make the shut up and dribble line and say we don't want signs four or against this at all during our games. I think the most hilarious thing in the world would be if they actually had a biological mail who is like six' eight or something and started playing for one of THE wnba, teams and you would watch. Everybody it would go from eighty percent to one hundred. Percent people would change their minds real quick on that. One but what do you? Think let us. Know send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com right. Now you can also join us with an. Email lots of people email the, show AND i want to hear your. Comments if you want to be, anonymous maybe it's like a hot. Topic you don't want your name out there. Whatever, Right if it's like, that you could put anonymous on top of the, Email and ninety eight point six percent of the TIME i don't mention your. Name when that. Occurs every once in a, WHILE i accidentally, do but MOSTLY i do not put an homo repeat your name and, yeah it'll be like AND I, dave and, like, ah don't trip me up like. That BUT i want to hear from. You tips tips at the newsjunkie dot com see which SAYS i think the fact that there are almost no trans women at sports it all makes this obsession with trans women at sports so eving. Weird, okay then we could stop talking about, it Right The New York times can stop NonStop running articles as they have for the, past like what fifteen years about these kind of. Things we could stop talking about this. ALTOGETHER i like the idea that there's an like a unidirectional obsession with these. Issues no people were shove this stuff down their throat for a decade or more and then when they respond in the, slightest those same people are hit with, LIKE, whoa why are you so obsessed with? This this is a fringe, Issue and you're, like, yeah, yeah that's WHAT i was. Saying when you wouldn't shut up about the fringe issue non. Stop THAT i think is what's causing the issue here in my. Opinion let me know what you. THINK i.
Speaker 4: Mean at the, moment there are no biological males playing in THE, Wnba, no but.
Speaker 2: There's nothing keep. THEM i don't, think just like THE nba there. Is there's. NOTHING i don't. BELIEVE i might be wrong about, THIS, NBA, MLB. NFL i don't think there's anything competing prohibiting a biological woman from competing in any of those categories or in those. SPORTS i don't, Think, well this sounds like a rom com waiting to have. It might be wrong about, that BUT i don't think.
Speaker 4: So it Would it would be, funny, though to see just at least for one, game like you, said some six or eight and and uh and then just dunking on The Seattle storm player Company dolson.
Speaker 2: Becomes THE mvp gets like the league bonuses for the W. Nba every one of these people who's yapping about this will go, Like, okay obviously this is. Stupid this doesn't make any, sense because that's what people actually. Think tips of The news junkie dot Count kara emails the Show kara's. Angry karras, Says i'm sick of self, checkout especially in a place Like, low's when there are no regular checkout lines or anyone anywhere in the store to help. You it can be okay as long as there's a few regular, lanes but when there are no regular, lanes this is a bunch of, crap that is, all Says, kara completely. UNPROMPTED i could tell without a shadow of a doubt That kara just came out of A lows and, YEAH i didn't have a good purchase experience in her whole. PROCESS i THINK i might be the weirdo on this these. DAYS i kind of like at least having the option. Personally when we go To, public's we go to the grocery, store we get a small handful of, things and then we go over to the growing larger by the weak self checkout. Area we are in and out. FAST i like. IT i like that now you want the personal touch JOB.
Speaker 7: I like having it bagged for me Because i'm lazy and B i'm usually buying alcohol and scanning your idea the self checkouts of pain and ass, yeah you have to do, that.
Speaker 2: Like the little the little light comes on and for.
Speaker 7: The one attended to come over and scan YOUR. Id know that's, Bro i'll get in.
Speaker 2: LINE i think to Have i'm not saying LIKE i want all of one or all of the, other BUT i think having it is an option that the say checkout.
Speaker 4: IS i do like it's great when you're just getting a couple of. THINGS i use it as an alternative to to express lane and. Less Like josh, said the alcohol thing is, annoying but, right you, know just go to the other lanes if you have. ALCOHOL i have this salacious, story the one that's a little bit, well it's a juicier story THAT i do want to get.
Speaker 2: Into we'll have to wait for that in just a. Moment and, then as, promised the door dash. Story you guys are are door. Dashers they've just announced their hinting at a brand new. SERVICE i THINK i know what's going on. HERE i THINK i know what they're up, to and if they are this could be a game. Changer we'll see what's going. On we'll talk about the brand new door dash service that has people chatting, today that's coming up, next and then to Use. Chunky learn more about the show by the way over at the news junkie dot. Com subscribe to a premium account of but there give subscriptions to other folks if you want to be. GENEROUS i, SAID i don't know, why BUT i have The ductail's theme song deeply stuck in my. Head AND i, said yesterday because of some clip THAT i. Saw don't remember WHERE i saw, it don't remember what it was, about BUT i saw some viral clip and that one had The Gummy bears cartoon theme song in. It AND i, said, uh that like that Timeline those some of those cartoon theme songs were so.
Speaker 4: Switchy you heard The Gummy bears theme song but then Got ductail stuck in your.
Speaker 2: Head, NO i heard The Gummy bears theme song. Yesterday that was stuck. HIM i had almost all day. Yesterday i'm going for a walk around the neighbor and, Say Gummy Bears no sing here and there and. Everywhere it's such a good. Song we're like legitimately would have been a good song if it wasn't even attached to The Gummy. Bears world kind of seems like a wasted good song in a. Way but BUT i had not for, him it does? It, man that's. Huge and then today it was the ductails. Thing and then people have just been riffing off all of the those cartoon, songs thongs and, songs cartoon, thongs cartoon. Song that's that sounds great cartoon. Songs josh is too young for this, Convo, Josh, still there must have been you, know you don't know. Ducktails never watched? It come, on you've never seen ducktails like a duck? Burg, yeah Oh? Dustberg who could Forget Chippendale Rescue. Rangers you never watched that when you were a. Kid what did you watch when you were growing up as a? Kid what was the? Cartoon there's no way you were watching the. GODFUM i don't.
Speaker 7: Believed AND i had, like hey are an old And Rocco's Modern life and written say and.
Speaker 2: Whatnot Rocco's Modern life had a pretty good little jam to. IT i don't remember If ren And stimpy had a theme. SONG i remember Either ren And simpy was the one where my parents would walk in and they'd be, LIKE i don't know about, this like they were. RIGHT i.
Speaker 4: THINK i don't know IF i ever got any. BLOWBACK i don't know THAT i really tried to Watch redd And stimby that, much But I'm i'm guessing that if IF i, tried like my mom would have thought that that was just Borderline beavis and Butt head and then the line was drawn Before beavers and butthead like they.
Speaker 2: Were playing around in the cat litter a. LOT i remember there was. Idiot there was a lot of like stuff going on where my parents were walking in to go this isn't necessarily, bad but it. Doesn't it doesn't seem great. Either where's the the Gummy bear? Song? OH i don't even want to do that to. You it seem like any bring that. Up it's like it sounds like this eighties guy with the greatest eighties voice, ever who for some reason wouldn't have hit him a don some there just scu faithful and, friendly which when he gets, IT i mean he get.
Speaker 1: The fussing out of.
Speaker 2: Chorus much along as this song is the Air Comy bears bouncing here in there and that's beyond they are the Comedy. Bears i'm telling, you that is just a good, song just. Inarguably you never heard this song, before never in my. Life oh. God so that was from what was a block of programming known As The Disney, afternoon which had its own theme, song which was also catchy as.
Speaker 13: Hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like but all of the all the shows that were in, it they were they were. Great.
Speaker 4: TAILSPIN i tried TO i tried to Let jack Watch tailspin a couple of. TIMES i did not realize how much shooting was in that. Show they're just they're all shooting each Other. Tailspin they're like firing at each other with. Planes i'm, like, man there's a there's not like like direct violence like slapping and punching and, blood but there's a lot of.
Speaker 2: SHOOTING i didn't know that they shot so. Much but it's just a kid watching, IT i.
Speaker 7: Guess The Gummy bear song was performed by the son Of John, Williams Joseph.
Speaker 2: Williams Really john will performed by or composed, by performed By, Wow John, williams the famed. Composer, yes his son did The Gummy bear. Song oh, man can you Imagine dad's, like, Well i've Done jaws AND i did This Gummy bears theme, Song, dad remember?
Speaker 13: That?
Speaker 4: Yeah but you never talk about With John williams is he got his start in television as, well and he was making like he did like the innerstitial music For.
Speaker 2: Gilligan's. Island so like if they if they made some like horrible well you, know stuck on an island pond and you heard like canning or something like where that why they transitioned into another.
Speaker 4: Scene John williams did Those That's who stuff after. That, sure What Joseph williams career.
Speaker 2: Is same With toto for a few. Years, okay so he's obviously talented. Him he's got a just great.
Speaker 7: Voice oh he's just a voice of Adult simba, Also and it would be so.
Speaker 2: It would be so weird to be this amazing performer and then when somebody, goes, oh you're a, musician what WOULD i know you? For and you're like The Gummy Bears.
Speaker 4: Adult simba Was Matthew. BRODERICK i thought maybe a singing. VOICE i think singing. Voice, yeah, Yeah roderick can't sing Broad.
Speaker 2: No, no it doesn't have the. Skills there's a new service Like maryland from. DoorDash nice work on that From. DoorDash DoorDash says something's in the. Air that post this millions of views people speculating about what this service is going to. Be it's an airport and a door dash bag going around the carousel says cleared for takeoff and takeout all, right DoorDash air coming soon coming fall twenty twenty. Six door Dash air coming fall twenty twenty. Six AM i? Crazy is this not going to open? Up DoorDash to make it so you don't have To elvis presleytt and get on a plane and fly to your favorite restaurant across the. Country you can literally order like Door Dash air from your favorite pizza place In. Chicago it seems.
Speaker 7: Successive it's and kind to do that with like Gold, belly but it comes. FROZEN i think.
Speaker 2: My theory, is if you have somebody who's on vacation they want to make a little extra, money you have them pick up one of these DoorDash airs on the way to the, airport they check it in with their, flight and then they bring it to whatever location they're, at and so all you have to do is wait for the duration of their flight and you get, Whatever just DoorDash from your, neighborhood from DoorDash from the.
Speaker 4: World, OKAY i don't think that's what it is at. All what is it that you overthought? It no.
Speaker 2: Way it says DoorDash.
Speaker 4: Air, yeah it's says DoorDash, air and it's it's moving around like one of those luggage.
Speaker 2: Carousels, yeah but it's one of the food. Things it's WHAT i.
Speaker 4: Carry WHEN i google DoorDash, air it's not saying anything about. That it says DoorDash is building its own drone delivery service called DoorDash. Air oh, okay which which makes that little teaser trailer completely. Irrelevant that's not even at the. Airport it says something's in the. Air some things in the, air cleared for. Takeoff door. Down they're cleared for takeoff because they GOT faa certification to actually use drones to deliver.
Speaker 2: Food what what was the SERVICE i sent you IN janjh in the gro group text, Wing and that's that's here where we. Are there's a service called. Wing Apparently i've never used. This look that, Up Sea. LINE i see it typing, already so you know you're already doing but look, up look up This wing, Service So wing is what CAN i?
Speaker 4: Get wing is From, alphabet which Is Google's google's. Company walmart And Alphabet's wing have officially launched their residential drone delivery service In, orlando making Its florida. Debut operating in partnership With, walmart their service delivers small items and groceries weighing up to two pounds within a six to eight mile radius from select store hubs in as fast as thirty.
Speaker 2: Minutes, okay that's pretty. Fast actually thirty. Minutes you get your stuff droned to. You did you soun how much it costs or was there no price on?
Speaker 4: There the thing that you sent us said, like, oh your first delivery is. Free But i'm not seeing, yeah let me let me look a little bit area.
Speaker 2: Yet so you think it's, drones you might be right cea lane because somebody commented drone delivery, incoming and DoorDash responded with the eyes, emoji like the big eyes. Reaction DoorDash gonna fly to me big eyes reaction. Again they're kind of like, hint hinting at what's going on? Here, NOW i really think my idea would be. BETTER i think you get people who are coming back to the to their city and they're about to get on a, flight and you let them be Temporary DoorDash delivery drivers through that. Process so say they're going From chicago To. Tampa that is a two and a half hour flight From chicago To. Tampa and somebody, goes i'd like to play a place in, order and you put your Favorite chicago Pizza wing's not in my area, either and then they fly that. In it's like two three, hours but not. Bad some people are saying Gold, belly Gold belly does. This Gold belly will ship specialty food items from restaurants across the, country but it is not nearly that. Fast they like freeze packet or, whatever and they send it and they like it takes a couple of days or longer to get. IT i want to be able to, say, man this place In Los, angeles let's Say in And, OUT i want an in and out burger, Today i've got to have, one AND i can get that. Ordered so he flies it all the way over to WHERE i am and THEN i can eat. That like, that to me is a good business.
Speaker 4: Idea that idea seems hard to pull off and. Excessive it is. EXCESSIVE i agree with that hard to pull off because all, right, say you need to have so many, dashers that's what they call door dash people. Dashers you need to have so many of them signed up for this thing that just where they happen to opt in on the way home from vacation or maybe on the way to their, vacation and, this you, know luggage could get, lost that's, true you could. Divert you, know there's all these things that could go wrong with. This, also now you're having to perhaps pay to have like check this particular luggage or have an extra carry on depending on what carrier you're using for your, airline cause you get sick.
Speaker 2: Too MAYBE i don't know you.
Speaker 4: Could but the other thing is like you have to have somebody that's going to the right destination at the right, time and there would have to be so many of them going to different places that it would just be really, hard and to me sounds like something really, expensive Whereas goldbelly is kind of already providing the.
Speaker 2: Thing it's all. Expensive Gold belly's expensive. Too it's so, good but it's very. Expensive bootsi, Says oh my, god wings available in my. House i'm ordering. SOMETHING i almost want To, OH i almost want to order some to just have a drone deliver something to. Me, YEAH i want to see, It.
Speaker 4: Dode what's kind of curious to me is the like the the videos that they're showing of these. Wings there's like, one, two, three, four, five eight or nine like propellers on this, thing because it looks like it it looks like a like a.
Speaker 2: Biplane almost maybe not. Biplane Maybe i'm getting that.
Speaker 7: Wrong maybe a polyplane is all, Right this is it Wing wing offers drone.
Speaker 2: Delivery this is medical supplier right Wing wing Drone. Delivery, Oh, Walmart, YEAH i think you talked about. That its fastest thirty. Minutes let's see. Here it Is.
Speaker 18: Atlanta Wing Drone delivery is landing in your neighborhood For. Atlanta when we started with Wal mart to bring your drone.
Speaker 2: Delivery, minutes it does and then it drops.
Speaker 18: The wing app place your order, eggs let us handle the rest drunk and deliver your order right to a safe spot in your.
Speaker 2: Yard this was literally a competition WHEN i was in school back in the, day and now the drones just drop the eggs out of.
Speaker 18: This convers couldn't needed just a little open space and you good to.
Speaker 2: Go, okay so you need like some open space for them to drop it and then the drone will come over to your place and mooved drop it. Off AND i want to do that just for the experience of watching the delivery. PROCESS i, WOULD i, WOULD i would personally do. That let us know what you, Think senay dispatch over at the News junkie dot. COM i didn't get into the, dirty silacious sexy. Story so here's What i'll. Do i'll put that right at the front Of Jury. Duty we also got to talk About Jared leto is getting hit with it. Today baby oh, Yeah Jared. Leto accusations coming out about that. Guy i'll tell you what is being. Said and he had to say a sentence that you never want to.
Speaker 4: Say is it anything a celebrity just a regular ask person you never want to have to say.
Speaker 2: That has he made a. RESPONSE i haven't even heard a. Response, yeah, okay, yeah, okay we'll get to. That it's coming up next on The News. Junkie dispatches are just moments away And i'll play at least one or two of. Those but right, NOW i think we got to get into this because there's a bunch of content to work into this. Segment so let's do jury. Duty court is now in, session so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your. Ass you're knowing jury duty with The News. Junkie Jury duty brought to you by the one the only mode wit of the De Witt Law. Firm injured on the, go just CALL mo eight, HUNDRED callmo eight Hundred CALL, mo or go to JUST callmo dot com after an, accident reach out to the attorney that's going to get you on the path to get that big check that you deserve from those greedy insurance. Companies that Is Moses DeWitt over at JUST callmo dot com or on the. Phone the easiest way to do it is at eight hundred CALL. Mo here we go leading things off in a jury duty. Today there was a situation at a pool In, Waco. Texas all, right that's where this all went. Down let me refresh this to see if there's a video on, this BECAUSE i thought there Was no has ever happened In, waco not That i've heard, Of, Josh, NO i thought that comes to, mind and nothing that can think of In, Waco. TEXAS i trust you, Both so any, issues not at least that he's worth talking. About but there was a problem at this pool in The, Waco texas area from W A, kwtx that's the station that had this story. First police In waco arrested a man and a woman on charges of public lewdness after this couple had sex in a pool in front of multiple children over the. Weekend, Ye Emily parma is thirty two years, Old Douglas faith is seventy. Five oh my good, day and there's quite a gap between them And Emily, parma thirty, two was having sex with a seventy five year Old Douglas. Faith they were both charged with public. Lewdness according to the, documents it was about four fifty FIVE, pm so it's the middle of the. Day there was a report of indecent exposure between these. Two multiple witnesses called nine to one to one after their children were uncomfortable Because parma And faith were engaging in sexual. Intercourse, well how did you. Know let's, See waco police officers interviewed more than eight people and they all described That parman And. Faith we're in the back left corner of the, pool Where parmer was allegedly on top of, him grinding and thrusting and making loud sexual. Moans when questioned by, Police faith admitted That parma was on top of, him but said they were not actually having an. Intercourse he's got an. Excuse he's got an, excuse he, says they were not actually having, intercourse as he has a penile implant and it's more difficult for him to achieve this than you might. Think maybe the excuse was all he's got left is the, implant so it can't really be, intercourse, Right. Yeah Of faith further insinuated they were not having, sex but there was contact going. On they were both arrested upon. Search after, Arrest faith was in possession of two joints Of Mari. Wanter kidding, me what the? Hell this is serious? Enough us life in, Jail. Nancy he was also charged with possession of, marijuana the document, states and they were both released on. Bond so, YEAH i, mean, guess just right there in front of the other folks at the POINT i Think i've seen that they gave, Her so they gave her twice at the bond that they gave, him you, know What why does this? Happen this is just like that DAMN dui. STORY a young woman trying to be trying to work with the, police trying to be a decent human, being but they hit her with the. Day it was because she had two joints of. Marijuana that's a lot of. Joints that's way too. Many this is from a police chase In Los. Angeles it says there was a guy in a high speed police chase once more In Los, angeles and then the guy nearly missed a person on a, scooter then got off the road and hit the one ten, freeway where he got an escort because about a half of a dozen youngsters on dirt bikes who were also going wild on the interstate surrounded the guy in the police chase and gave him an escort for a little. While so two Very california stories clashing into each. Other let's see. Here this is the.
Speaker 13: Just making this up as he goes. ALONG i don't think he has a real clear death the nation in. Mind his only, hope and it's probably what he's.
Speaker 2: Thinking is just Tru he's going.
Speaker 13: Fast if he drives dangerously, enough that, is you, know a remote.
Speaker 2: Possibility then they stopped back off any.
Speaker 13: Indicator but you, know you have to wonder almost whether he intends look at that that scooter just coming within inches of getting wiped out by this. Issue So fawson as he now looks for possibly an. Opportunity, no under the freeway under the freeway committee To, slawson under the freeway coming up.
Speaker 2: On, broadway usually ditch. There he didn't know you're going.
Speaker 13: Southbound no taking the northbound entrance nor.
Speaker 2: Entrance he didn't even pull into the car painting. Shop he just come across a bunch of YOUNG cd with a.
Speaker 13: Full pursuit package now chasing this suspect on The on the, right you've got bikers now in the. Mixgear they PROBABLY, flnba who, knows maybe they.
Speaker 2: Do oh, well what the hell is going? On you got somebody stealing a, car high speed chase going. On then you got a bunch of teenagers on dirt bikes doing, wheelies riding around giving them a little bit of an escort for a little. While it's just it's as if there's something wrong with their policies with police chases In Los. ANGELES i don't want to be the person to say.
Speaker 4: It BUT i think the craziest part about this, video the most surprising, detail is how not just blocked up the roads were the interstate looked like it was moving pretty.
Speaker 2: Swiftly traffic looked nice considering Usual Los angeles. Traffic, yeah what in the fast and furious is this? Ass, yeah it's a pretty wild time. There AND i want to Get Sea lands updated on this BECAUSE i had not seen That Jared leto had made a. Response but THE bbc has a docu series that they're dropping in a story along with it that says four women have Accused oscar actor in thirty seconds To mars front Man Jared leto of creneal sexual, conduct with the alleged defenses taking place when they were. Teenagers one of the women's issue was assaulted sexually in a motel bathroom which she was. Seventeen another said The hollywood star threatened her with sexual assault when she was nineteen and had been unexpectedly left alone in a hotel room with. HIM a third describes how she had underage sex with the star In california when she was, seventeen which would be classified as statutory. Rape leto shrugged off a conversation about the age of consent being eighteen in The, states she, says and a fourth Woman sayssue was groomed By Jared, letto saying he abused his celebrity status by making repeated sexually explicit phone calls to her when she was. Sixteen some of these happened like twenty thirty years, ago twenty five years, ago right between two thousand and two are the.
Speaker 4: Earliest the fourth woman twenty, sixteen the one that said she was, sixteen also said he later sent her AN nda that she refused to. Sign BUT i Think i've talked To moses about this. BEFORE NDA a contract like that cannot protect the. Crime so even if she had signed, it she's, fully you, know within her rights to go to the police and make this sort of allegation so.
Speaker 2: Real quick before his statement BECAUSE i haven't seen when he says it seems to me like maybe his attorneys and his handlers realize he's got a. Problem they tried to go back and get those those younger women to sign NDA's way after the. Fact that's what they were.
Speaker 4: Doing, no it doesn't say a, timeline it just says the fourth woman claims le leto groomed her with sexually explicit phone calls when she was, sixteen and later sent her AN nda doesn't say how.
Speaker 2: Much later that she refused to. Sign, okay what did he? Say what was his? Comment BECAUSE i didn't see. That it was just a very quick. One it's very. GUESSABLE i, mean you want to take any stabs out what he might have. SAID i am. Innocent, YEAH i am.
Speaker 4: Sorry maybe he takes maybe he like you don't say, sorry, MAN i don't say sorry with. Us, no he, SAID i have never sexually assaulted anyone in my entire.
Speaker 2: Life this Is Jared letto, speaking no, way not THAT i, have, dammit son of a. Bitch just to, clarify that wasn't a statement From Sea. Land he distances himself from that radical.
Speaker 4: Statement he, SAID i have never sexually assaulted anyone in my entire. Life these claims are absolutely and categorically.
Speaker 2: False we'll see what happens. Here That's jared. Leto was a rough week for, him and we're going to a quick break when we come back The Power. Hour we got a juiced Up Power hour for you, today including a pick a side on the way out THAT i think is going to be an interesting, Ride so come along with, us hang out over on YouTube dot, com slash The News, junkie or stay right here because that is coming up next on The News. Junkie learn more about the show over at thenewsjunkie dot. Com what are you so excited about over? There see? That you, know we were laughing about an interaction with the old boss Man bradshaw that we were having during the break. There we randomly like kind of spiraled into one of those where were you when for big, events you, know like big newsworthy, Events and he had mentioned nine to. Eleven then he mentioned The, challenger And i'm, like, okay he was on one of the flights during nine. Eleven if you don't know that he was actually one of the. Hijackers, no, sorry, No.
Speaker 4: But then he got to The, challenger and you, know of, course Now fowler's out of the question because he wasn't alive for The. Challenger AND i, go, WELL i SAID i was, swimming and he, goes huh AND i said inside my, mother and then he.
Speaker 2: WENT i got, it just walked. OFF i was, like, well, Sorry, Bud it's better than WHAT i thought you were saying about him. Earlier did you tell him about that or? No? No before the, show See lane kicks on his microphone in his studio and he's, like oh, No he's, Like i'm fighting this. Off i'm still feeling a little. Rough he's having to hit himself with the nose spray get a little bit Of AND i, said do you think you actually got a cold or something you? Got you got? Sick and, uh he, SAID i you, KNOW i THINK i might have got it From. Jack and so WHEN i heard, THAT i Thought Jack, bradshaw AND i was, like, oh what what are you making out? With what are you making out With? Jack you do it too much making out with him that you're end that you ended up getting sick and now you're feeling sick this. Week and he's like.
Speaker 4: The WAY i, SAID i, SAID i, said, well we don't make, out but you, know every peck on the cheek or on the lips is uh is usually a pretty messy.
Speaker 2: One AND i realized he's talking about his Son. Jack he's not talking About Jack, bradshaw program director for the radio. Station he's talking about his Son. Jack and that makes a whole lot more.
Speaker 7: SENSE i Kissed jack every time we change. Shows, yeah it's like a like a change.
Speaker 2: OVER i. Go it's not even like The european. Way it's just full on straight. IN i grab his face sometimes to get. Aggressive they're setting over SOME i don't know if this is true or, not but like some dispatches are coming and saying That, bootsy she, says don't play this because it's. Lame she did the drone. Delivery she just ordered right, now, yeah drone delivery and they dropped. Out That's walmart, right, yeah a Little walmart. Bag so this is for, real we're living in the. Future she ordered ice, Cream. Bootsy how much was? That like delivered via?
Speaker 4: Drone so if there there's a rate schedule if you're just ordering it out of, nowhere although there was a coupon that you had sent us that said that your first wing delivery is, free but if you are A Walmart plus, member apparently the delivery is.
Speaker 2: Included now oh.
Speaker 4: WOW i don't know if you have to get to a certain threshold of payment like you would on say An amazon, Delivery like if you want An amazon same, day you have to get to that twenty five or thirty five bucks and then or pay like four or five extra dollars to get it within a couple. Hours, however it seems like with the drone, delivery whatever you get has to be less than two.
Speaker 2: Pounds she's four. Dollars four dollars and the drone flies out of your, house including the ice.
Speaker 12: CREAM i have a.
Speaker 2: DEAL i guess it's four, dollars no extra fees THAT i know, of and a drone drops something. Off we're living in the, future. Folks that's. Awesome, wow no better time than to do. This let's do The Power. Hour they said it could be done. Then, yeah just you and your kids in the grocery store And i'm just using my right to film you in. Public right, now it's time for The Power hour on the.
Speaker 3: News yunky.
Speaker 2: Caught in FOUR K that sounds. Bad so you don't say what what was that was?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 2: Yesterday was?
Speaker 17: It?
Speaker 2: Yes it might have been a couple of days. Ago it might have been my. Character it was from a. Movie that's what it. Is a Role i'm working, on creepy. Man it's a brand new. Role, Yeah AND i don't know why they thought i'd be good for, that BECAUSE i am not known as, creepy not in the slightest but we, saw Like jared leto the, denial we are in the power hour for. You let's see what we have out, THERE a lot of a lot of different. CLIPS i want to get to. ALL i guess there was some fire works As, fauci Doctor, fauci he was On Capitol, hill and then there was some disruption Between fauci and his. Attorney AND i Guess fauci did did the? Thing repleted the fifth and didn't want to. Testify here it, Is let's see what. Happened let's see if there's any good drama For.
Speaker 19: Fauci were you ever made aware of gain of function research on monkey pox being conducted at The National Biodefense analysis And Countermeasure center and BACK i.
Speaker 2: Remember they renamed monkey pox. Mpox that Was awayo on The Advisive.
Speaker 3: COUNCIL i respectfully declined to, answer based upon my rights under The Fifth amendment of The, Constitution.
Speaker 2: Doctor.
Speaker 19: Fauci did THE cia ever transfer funds TO nih agency?
Speaker 2: Agreement come?
Speaker 3: On jeesus on The Advisive, COUNCIL i respectfully declined to answer based upon my rights under The fifth The amendment of The.
Speaker 2: CONSTITUTION i don't know what to take away from, that but he's asking. Questions and then, Uh Anthony, fauci the LIKE covid doctor guy is, saying pleading the, fifth he doesn't want a self. Incriminate that's what pleating the fifth. Is You're Fifth amended right not to testify in the way that you think will incriminate you and get you in. Trouble so he's declined to testify at, that and THEN i guess sparks started flying over his attorney with Rand, paul let's see, here.
Speaker 19: It's against the loall to obstruct an investigation Of. Congress there will be repercussions to your refusal to testify, Today Center, Peters, wait are you.
Speaker 2: Trying to tell him he doesn't Have Fifth amendment? RIGHTS i think he. Does you're not. Recognized you're not.
Speaker 19: Recognized if you are, unruly you will be removed from the.
Speaker 2: Preceding you are not you are not.
Speaker 19: Recognized and you you are not, recognized, sir, sir you are not.
Speaker 2: Recognized you. RECOGNIZED i don't know you're gonna if you are.
Speaker 17: Not recognized, security we'll give him the Old. Heva, well we'll hold, off but you will respect these. Proceedings you were told not to sit at the. Table you insist on sitting at the, table and we told you you would not be. Recognized you are not invited here for. Testimony, sir you are being. Disruptive would you behave this way in a? Courtroom, no because the judge would put you in.
Speaker 19: JAIL i can't do that, today BUT i can have you escorted from the. Premises SO i would, say, sir sit quietly and don't say another.
Speaker 2: WORD i, said sit, quietly you are not. Recognized another word and you're. Gone that was another. Word, technically is he going to come about on?
Speaker 17: It?
Speaker 2: Though he said very well or. Something he's going to say, something, swister. Chairman i'd like to hear what the journey has to.
Speaker 19: Say he is not recognized by the committee your.
Speaker 2: Ravel, rather would you mind recognizing? Him you know? WHAT i kind of want to hear what he has to.
Speaker 19: Say, now if he speaks, again he will be removed from the. Room his testimony is From Anthony. Fauci this is not a game with his. Lawyers he can. Advise his lawyers can give him. Advice he's got a half dozen. Here they're all allowed to talk to, him all, Right but the attorneys are not recognized in, fact the attorney was told not to sit at the table and he's not obeying that. Recommendation there's a rope behind, you, sir that's where you were told to.
Speaker 2: Sit and you're. Not and now you're disrupting the.
Speaker 19: Proceedings and so, look this is the Way Anthony fauci wants to be. Remembered for a, lawyer not listening to the, rules that's the way you want to be.
Speaker 2: Remembered and that's what you're gonna. Do you are not, recognized. Sir he's talking. Again, security please removing From oh we're clapping for. Him, YEAH i THINK i think they're on Rand paul's. Side slowly putting all this stuff in the. Back that's when you take a little longer than you need. To you're, like just gotta put my stuff in my bag And i'll. Leave you don't have to heave hold me out of. Here everything's gonna be. Fine this little leather attache pose for the dramatic expulsion. Photo there they, Go they hauled him. Out SO i guess that went. DOWN i don't know if we learned, anything BUT i know that there were some other clips going. AROUND i wanted to get to these two did you guys see any of the clips from The Lindsay graham. Funeral, yes one of the ones that stuck out to. ME i don't know if you saw, This. HEELANE i saw the one of what's his nuts h kind of uh verbally Filating trump on The oh? Really. Yeah the one THAT i saw Was trump gave out his cell phone number again at his, Funeral lindsay's. Number, yeah, yeah it.
Speaker 15: Goes as you, Remember lindsey AND i did not exactly get off to the best of starts running against each Other back in twenty, Sixteen lindsay said something rather nasty his funeral flight to becoming the next president of The United. States so NATURALLY i did something THAT i shouldn't have. DONE i shared his personal cell phone number with the millions of people that happened to be watching that particular. Day As or made a, speech a very important. SPEECH i remember the number TWO o two two two eight two nine. Two if anybody.
Speaker 2: Wants to give it a. SHOT i don't know what you know what they're, doing but he, said if anybody wants to give it a. Shot wouldn't that have been? Wild if the casket started? Ringing the little bit lanes that you reached me on my hail, phone but he gave out the phone number again at the. Funeral that was one of the CLIPS i. Saw. Uh Then trump didn't like some of the speech that was written for. Him here is he did things got In.
Speaker 15: Washington virtually Everyone republican Or democrat Liked. Lindsay, well not, everybody but it sounds.
Speaker 2: Good not. Everybody it was a tough.
Speaker 15: Cookie, OKAY i have to be if veer from this, versa he was a tough, Cookie.
Speaker 2: Darling imagine being in the middle of your eulogy and you realize the eulogy is too nice to the dead person for your, liking and you're, like, well let's, all let's dial it down a little. Bit here he, said it was not everybody.
Speaker 4: Like, Them, HANNITY i guess spoke and at the, funeral and he said he was like speaking To President trump instead of two LIKE i don't Know Senator graham. Family usually that's kind of any he, says many, Kids he, said My President lindsay probably has a heavenly version of mar Al. Lago it may even be a little. BIGGER i wouldn't be surprised if he added one big beautiful ballroom and an arch somewhere on the, property because he would want to obviously duplicate his dearest friend in.
Speaker 2: Life you god. Dude THEN i guess at some Point trump started playing with his tic tax the middle of a, performance he brings out the tic, TACs, yeah to take a. Look here you, go and he tries to throw one in his mouth and. Misses, here what flavor is that spearment he dropped? On he dropped. One they're so. TINY i don't know why anybody even utilizes tic TACs. Anymore they're so. Small it's not like if you need something to freshen your. Breath the new fangled ones are the size of like, quarters and you put them in your mouth and it's like like the scrubbing bubbles have gone to work and completely brush your.
Speaker 4: TEETH i think it's like people who need to do stuff to fidget with their hands or chew on things LIKE i. COULD i could see like if you're trying to quit, smoking you might need to have some tic TACs around just to kind of get away from that idle hands kind of.
Speaker 2: Thing, okay all, right distraction twenty four million views on this. One is this appropriate or. Inappropriate. Folks trump was walking by the casket Of Lindsey graham and he gave it a LILD taparooni this. THING i did laugh WHEN i saw. This he goes by the casket.
Speaker 1: Through THE.
Speaker 2: TAPARONI i don't that? Bad do people do? That i've never done. That it's funny to, watch BUT i don't think it's that. Bad so he walks by and just gives a little little tap right, there a little. Taparoo and perhaps that's. ALL i don't. Know you, know my mother and father when they when they passed, away weren't buried in this. Way it wasn't a cask at. Present they were both, cremated so didn't get to do the old. Taperoni maybe that's, something folks. Do let us know what you. Think sent a dispatch over at the news junkie dot com speaking of, That let's get to your. Dispatches here here is chaos talking about the. Mayor all, right what's, up? Junkies happy? Today who's ready for some?
Speaker 14: Misogyny?
Speaker 2: John so be.
Speaker 14: Honest this mayor not exactly the smallest by health, standards not exactly the youngest by years, status and she's not the greatest thing to look at.
Speaker 2: Whom that's that's just the. Thing, oh the mayor who sent the thing About Wiener, wednesday he mayor. Her so he's saying because she's, ugly that's why they called it sexual. HARASSMENT i don't. KNOW i haven't seen. HER i didn't even look at the. LADY i just knew knew the story and the basic details they. Said the mayor sent a text message that said Happy Wiener, wednesday and now she's being accused of sexual, harassment WHICH i thought was kind of. Stupid, WELL i still think it's.
Speaker 4: Stupid, yeah she said Happy Wiener, wednesday WISH i was having hot dog emoji with you all on six, today and then followed it up with the picture of the baby with the guy's head super imposed on. It and that's when it, said when she wraps you up in her blanket after you gave her a good wienering with two like laughing, emojis that's a little.
Speaker 2: Edge it's a little, edgy but it's not that big of a. Deal it's a sexual harassment over The melissa sends in a rate my, blank all rate my blank for this. Week you still Have thursday And friday to get your entries in our rate my blank is rate my, mess she, says here's my. Workshop take a look at. This that's pretty. Messy it's a little. MESSY i do you got a nice four wheeler over here with crap piled on top of it because you run it out of crap? Space? True, true you can't even enjoy your four wheeler un, oh because just is more. Junk it's just more junk than she has stacked. Up all, Right well that's another entry. Here if you've got a good. One if your car is a, mess if your house is a, mess if your office is a, mess take a picture of it and send it in as an, entry or do a. Video that's what won last week looking like these? Days? Josh uh pretty. Clean when we first Met, josh he had HE i mean he had a car LIKE i got mine was WHEN i was his, Age like you, know you have that age where your car is just kind of like a out of. It throw all fast food junk all over the, place, shirts, cups you. Know all, right quick, break when we come, back we'll see if we get any more entries on. That it's rate my, blank rate my, mess and if yours is the messiest of, all you'll be a winner and we'll give you some great. Prizes this, week we'll do a grab bag segment with some more clips THAT i wanted to work and we'll try to work in a pick aside if we have time in The Power hour as that rolls. On that's all coming up next On The News. Junkie you could join us on the show before we wrap everything up on A wednesday with your, emails your, dispatches and all the rest here over at thenewsjunkie dot. Com let's. See, uh let me just refresh this for the latest and. Uh this is an email From ashley to tips at The News junkie dot. Com hey, There ashley, SAYS i think josh should have a segment when he comes on the. Show it seems like he doesn't talk. Enough maybe have him do a segment about a crazy neighbor story in the news or something like. That just an. Idea love, you happy Hump, day don't say happy hump, tach don't say. Wow that does bring to our em harassment brand news Segment crazy neighbors stories in the news With Joshua. Fowler, everybody, hrah hold, on hold, ON i have to make it more fanfare with than. There there we. Go, yeah we could get a segment For josh at some point in. Time, HERE i, mean he's, done he's. Done he's done so well at a segments. Before when he's, done and people love to hear more From. Josh i'm sure you. Will that Guy, angela who's on The Texan, SERVICE i heard from him for over a. Decade, Now oh that. Guy, NO i would argue that that guy loves you more than any of. These, YEAH i would not say that that guy necessarily hates. YOU i would say THAT i would if.
Speaker 7: You, Know batman needs The joker and The joker Needs. Batman so, true very much.
Speaker 2: So angela's says to tips to The newsjunkie dot. Com and she's in the health. INDUSTRY i guess here she, says you got to see The josh How Lee fauci clip from. TODAY i see a come that's getting attention of. Him of those, two but there's got to be plenty of, them BECAUSE i just saw on the, news you, know on the on the on the lower third WHILE i was walking out during the last, break that he took the fifth over one hundred? Times oh did?
Speaker 15: He?
Speaker 3: So did?
Speaker 2: He answer any.
Speaker 4: Questions i'm not sure, which if, any he, Answered but all these memes That i've been seeing Of fauci being The Chappelle show, character.
Speaker 2: Like i'm defansive that's basically What fauci's been. Doing i'll tell you my thoughts on On fauci. IS i think he's just like a NERD i think he's like an epidemiologist kind of nerd guy WHO i don't think HE i think may maybe got a little power hungry and. Whatnot BUT i think he probably believed a lot of the stuff he was. SAYING i think a lot of these people at that, time you, know when they were talking about lockdowns and all this. STUFF i think a lot of those people genuinely believed that those were the best, ideas and then it went too far for a lot of. People LIKE i don't, know maybe there's a lot of Stuff i'm missing on. This i'm not very deep on The fauci. DRAMA i don't pay a lot of attention to. It BUT i know that he pleded the fifth AND i know that when he pleted the fifth he did. It how many times he land it's not one hundred plus. Earlier maybe he answered some questions, here this is the one she was talking.
Speaker 12: About you know WHAT i can't quite figure out is that why you were so obsessed with, It because you're already, RICH i mean in your your scheme work.
Speaker 2: YEAR i, mean you're not worth now is north of twelve million.
Speaker 12: Dollars you got over a million dollars in cash awards DURING covid during a twelve, month twenty four month span DURING, COVID a million bucks you knocked down in cash money using federal. Resources now you're worth more than twelve million. Dollars you've got a pension that in its first year paid out north of four hundred thousand dollars a. Year qu a million people, dead you're getting, rich a million people, Dead you're using federal employees to get cash awards for, YOU a million people, dead and you're here taking the fifth because you don't want to admit that what really happened in all that time was a multi, month multi year course of self.
Speaker 2: Dealing isn't that, true Doctor. Fauci whenever they do, that they're, like, WELL i have to make this into a. Question so at the end of, This i'll just, say isn't that? True the grand? Standing, YEAH i, mean, look this is what they all. Do this is What washington has has turned. Into it's just a bunch of people who now want to make a viral clip for their frothing at the, mouth you, know The Team politics fan. Base it's literally all these these people want to. Do that's what happens. Here i'm not going to play the rest of. This i'm sure it's, great but there's like two minutes, left And i'm sure JUST i would guess that the next line would Be fauci pleading the. Fifth oh, SHOOT i went that far AND i didn't even hear that. Part hang, on hang, ON i DO i do want to hear if he pled the. Fifth after, that let me go back to.
Speaker 12: A, year a million people, dead and you're here taking the fifth because you don't want to admit that what really happened in all that time was a multi, month multi year course of self.
Speaker 2: Dealing isn't that, true Doctor fauci.
Speaker 3: On The Advisive, COUNCIL i respectfully declined to answer based upon my rights under The Fifth amendment to The.
Speaker 2: Constitution, yeah he looks so. Sad it's, like turn the microphone on and under the advice of. COUNCIL i mean after.
Speaker 4: The FIRST i don't, know thirty to forty of, those can we just shorten? That LIKE i think The chappelle skit had one thing going for, it that for for trials like these or for you know, whatever like proceedings like.
Speaker 2: These is that towards the end the guy who's, like, YEAH i like pleading the fifth seems. WEIRD i don't understand why we wouldn't just kind of answer those. Questions but maybe that says. SOMETHING i, huh that's the advice of. Counsel, yeah somebody says you got to see. This uh tell me if this video is? Legit all, right there's some woman. There no it is. Not DO i need to go back to the. Beginning let's SEE i missed a couple of. SECONDS i married my. Brother, yes we have two kids.
Speaker 10: Together, no it is not incest because we don't think it.
Speaker 2: Is we simply just don't think it.
Speaker 9: Is and we are going to continue to stay together and married because we've been this way for.
Speaker 2: Years so what is the point on changing it?
Speaker 7: Up this has got to be. Fake but that's like not even legal in any. STATE i don't.
Speaker 2: Think, yeah we're, married she said to go there and they have two be.
Speaker 4: One BUT i really don't want to put that in my CHAT gbt. History i'll do.
Speaker 2: It people are so desperate for online attention with stuff like. This that's WHAT i think this is already.
Speaker 1: Know they are also really.
Speaker 2: Young so, young they don't know any any.
Speaker 4: Different, okay they really love uncle daddy and aunt.
Speaker 2: Mommy.
Speaker 1: Yeah you.
Speaker 2: Also, like what's the point why would we want to change it up just because of? Blood you know What i'm, Saying, like what's the big? Deal she's going into like A Jerry seinfeld type, bit, like why what's the big deal? Here so want my kids are sibling. Cousins what's the Problem we've gone this far into? It email, HER i would suggest that this is probably. Bait that's my. Guess i'm thinking this is. BAIT i don't think this one's really married to her her brother and has kids with. Him but maybe we'll keep an eye on. It maybe it starts getting some traction out. There what we're gonna do, now quick, break we'll come. Back we'll do the final dispatch of stories that didn't make the, cut and today learned to wrap everything up for A wednesday that's coming. Up next on the news Junk Key final, dispatches some stories that didn't make the, cut and TODAY i learn to wrap everything up for A wednesday big thanks to our. Supporters today we Had Brad, wallace thank you again for the sixteen gifted, Subscriptions jade turned with two and uh, OH i didn't get that the last person was anonymous on one side and not on the. Other the last person was R WILLIE b with the eighth gifted. Subscriptions thanks so, Much thank, you you're the best of the. Best you supporting the show is what kicks the suits and the. Nuts you do. It THE fcc doesn't like, this but you do, it AND i hope you do as. Well go support the show over at the neews junkie dot. Com subscribe for a little two ninety nine a month to a premium subscription On Lock Secret, shows and with every, subscription Every gifted, subscription you get to claim a piece of, merge whether it's, stickers, pins all kinds of exclusive items like random magnets For game Of. Magnets now let's get out of. Here the final disc saw.
Speaker 19: The final Disgular sean will probably.
Speaker 2: Singular let me see, here let me. Refresh let me get this into a little bit of this here Is this Is CHRIS. P. Bacon it, Says, SEAN i owe you a big thank you after doon news. Junkies, Hey, sean you're a. Turd, HEY i only had that. Certificate very song stuck in my head and it will not go. Away oh the, hell, man it's not expectations well. DONE i DIDN'T i didn't write the. Song For god's. Sake jac, says this is my. Shop it's actually cleaner than normal little rate my blank rate my mess. Edition this is very. Clean oh, yeah we got multiple. Boats what is that an? Airboat? JOY i didn't know they had little. Airboats it's it's like a little, airboat like a LITTLE i think it's a really big. SHOP i thought airboats were like these big platforms thing, things and you've got like all sorts of seats on them so people could go tour and. Stuff Maybe i'm. Wrong, oh they've probably various sizes of. Airboat we want to go out on the airboat. Sometime out of the, boat you got all kinds of nice fun. Toys this was just that's what this segment is. About it's a way for us to find out the stuff you have so we can figure out how we can play with your. Toys that's what we're looking. For. Uh there was a hiker who impaled. Himself oh DID i save? THIS i HOPE i, did just for a quick. Visual. Uh there was a hiker who impaled himself and they didn't want to pay for the emergency chopper back and so he. Walked oh, god he walked ten miles From montana's tallest. Mountain oh, geez after impaling himself on a pole hoping to avoid a costly chopper. Evacuation and it's got, LIKE i don't know if it's a climbing. Pole it's all the way through the side of his. Body it's like a hiking. Pole my, god this guy really wanted to avoid the charge for the chopper. Ride that's that's next. Level there he, goes and that's gonna. Happen he has been.
Speaker 4: Pretty sure about that, injury that it wasn't going to get infected OR i, mean, what what.
Speaker 2: Isn't in your lung or? Something, no that's too far to the. SIDE i would still be WORRIED i was. DYING i would big, Lungs, Yeah i've got huge. ONES i did an't account for lung. Size let's get the hell out of. Here let's do. TODAY i learned the following information may make you feel, smarter but will not actually increase YOUR IQ a, Doctor so don't get. Cocky you don't know What josh does in his off. Time he may and so they learned for A, Wednesday july twenty, nine twenty six. Coming, yeah that's that was all. Right here we go. TODAY i learned this guy right, Here Mandus. Yahoo that's, Right Madus. Yahoo he does not perform in concert On friday. Nights as part of his, faith he strictly observes The Jewish. Sabbath an exception to this rule occurred at a two thousand and seven concert In, Fairbanks, alaska since the sun did not set until two a. M. H. Loophole it's one of those. Loopholes thank you so much for hanging out with. Us thank, You, josh your, incredible incredible. Day, thanks we appreciate. You we're back tomorrow to do it all over, again same, time same. Place missed any of the, show hit the podcast over at the neewschunkie dot. Com we'll see you next. Time, everybody myself to you from the essence of my, beginning lasting to My, god so's a love. Beginning what's machine?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: Time it's out o? Beining what's THE ced?
Speaker 5: Movie Last?
Speaker 2: EVENING i give myself to you from the essence of my. Beginning listening to My god sounds a love. Beginning i'