Speaker 1: Happy Friday, Happy day. Today. We're very excited. Lydia is not here this morning. She's off to go to the World Cup. She's taking her dad. Her dad is being taken for Father's Day by Lydia and her brother to see the Iraq national team take on somebody. I have no idea who it is, but that's cool. So she left Bianca in charge.
Speaker 2: So if there's if there's about to happen today.
Speaker 1: If there's any issues at all, when you call do me a favor, I won't know about him because Bianca is the one that's answering the calls. Text me nine zero zero and tell me if Bianca yells at you or you don't really yell, what you do is you just get a.
Speaker 3: Little high point.
Speaker 4: I'm like, all right, you're going on the air right now, no time to talk.
Speaker 5: Go on.
Speaker 3: They get I'm all right, we're going on.
Speaker 4: Stop talking.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: You know what ends up happening is I end up picking up the phone line and the person's like, and so I was walking down the street.
Speaker 3: No, no, I'm like, they have no clue. Luster yeah. Uh, it's fun.
Speaker 1: It's a miracle that Bianca made it here because how many miles do you have on your car right now, as far as gas is concerned.
Speaker 3: How many more miles is that?
Speaker 2: You're dumb, are you?
Speaker 4: Why did you do that? So on my car today, I was driving to work. I had fifty miles left.
Speaker 6: It takes thirty miles to get to work, so I was like, all right, I'll have twenty miles left.
Speaker 4: But then I'm driving on Grashit and I was like eight miles and I was like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Why are the pretty ones always So here's the problem.
Speaker 2: There's only one gas station in the vicinity of the radio station, and they price gouged the heck out Ofdio.
Speaker 6: I know the last time I was there, I swear Vezzo was shooting a commercial and I was in the middle of it, so I couldn't even get gas.
Speaker 3: He might have paid for me.
Speaker 1: The craziest part of the of Bianca doing this is that she assumed that she had enough miles to get to and from by just looking at the dashboard there, because I don't know if any lists have ever done this before. Have you guys ever gone to the limit?
Speaker 3: Yes? And what's the what is it? It's just when it says zero miles.
Speaker 4: What happens is your car just shut down.
Speaker 7: No, at least that's that's happened to me a few times. That's why I like six miles to empty. I feel like you good. Like Shannon said, it's a gas ace right there. There are a few others, like in the actual heart of the downtown, the tray area, that you could make it to.
Speaker 4: Good times.
Speaker 6: There's been a couple of times where my car has stopped on like M fifty nine because I ran out of gas.
Speaker 3: You need a gas here.
Speaker 6: Listen. My car is so cool now it tells me how many miles I have, like my other car didn't. So I was just trying to guess, but now I know, so I'm like, I'm chilling. But yeah, there's been many times where I had to call m DOT to come fill me up on the side of the highway.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I will be honest.
Speaker 1: They have people that believe that you can go past the miles like that.
Speaker 7: There's that they don't tell you, really, I think so. I think it's it's more of a cautionary tale. Now, obviously you don't want it to get that low, but I don't think as soon as the red life it hits the east the E letter that you're automatically going to shut off every one time. My friend of mine gave me a Rods I need to ride down here. I got in his car. We halfway down the lodge. I lean back look at his gas saying the line on the E I'm like, uh, are we okay?
Speaker 3: He's like, no, it's just broken. I was like, it's broken.
Speaker 2: But that was scare of the heck out of me.
Speaker 1: Noteen ever crazy, I know that you know what that is interesting?
Speaker 3: How does he know? Does he always play like five in a few years ago? I have no idea. I just trusted the process and I got home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for Bianca, it's going to be herd driving to that place, and then it's going to be stopped right there. Actually, it's going to be stopped there next to one of the holes in the road, in the middle of the road here in Eastern Market.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: You behave yourself, Beyonce.
Speaker 1: You got to make sure you go right to that gas station, or at least let us follow you there.
Speaker 4: It's fine. I don't have the people that the slaughterhouse trucks drive me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bless you, bless you.
Speaker 1: H eight four to four Mojo Live eight four four six six five sixty five four eight. A texture here says that they drove ten miles past when it said and they did not run out of gas. Another person, Hares, said it ran out of gas earlier this week. I just didn't look at my gas tank gage first off, doesn't it always just put a warning light on your dash.
Speaker 2: It as like it keeps digging it.
Speaker 1: I am actually ruled by my wife, and my wife has the biggest rule that she has is that you should never go past a quarter tank. So she does it for all the boys, and so she said it for me too. Now, especially with commuting down to the studios hare.
Speaker 7: Smart, especially like in emergencies, anything happened, that's one thing where I would be worried because accidents, traffic, you can plan for six miles, but anything happened at six mile turn into twenty six. And don't put your air conditioned on because I heard if you put the air on that drained gas.
Speaker 1: Well, that was the thing when I had a Tesla, when Luke, we had Luke driving a little Tesla when he first got his driver's license. That was no joke with the elect you know, elector think it will say. They say to you, you have one hundred and eighty miles left well with the radio on, or you're you know, using the iHeartRadio app with your heated seats, with your heat on in the car. I remember that thing went from like one hundred and eighty to all of a sudden, I'm five miles down the road, that things down at ninety. Yeah, it's crazy. What's up Mojo in the morning show? I got to hold on a second, stay right there, I gotta do this thing. I got to do this, and then I got to do that, and I got the Lydia didn't you know? Lydia resets my phones for me in the morning. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Hello? Who's this?
Speaker 5: Sian?
Speaker 3: What's up, Sebastian?
Speaker 5: How's it going?
Speaker 8: I was just calling to let you guys know that you get about fifteen more miles that.
Speaker 3: That many don't tell Bonca?
Speaker 1: How are we accepting that from you? What do you do, Sebastian? Do we know what you're all about?
Speaker 3: My father used to own.
Speaker 5: A mechanic shop for many years.
Speaker 2: Oh really, So it depend on the kind of car though, like the make, the model.
Speaker 4: I'm sure there are some factors.
Speaker 8: That's like an average.
Speaker 4: Have you ever tested it out?
Speaker 3: I have my car when it goes to zero because refuel, and.
Speaker 8: I have driven a few miles past that.
Speaker 1: So wow, All right, well this is also a mechanic. He's trying to get us to go into his dad's mechanics shower. What's up, Kristin?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: When right?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 9: How are you good?
Speaker 3: How you doing? Christin? Thanks to see what's going on? Some good things.
Speaker 8: Mine goes down three to two one and then the light goes on. Once the light goes on, I have about forty miles.
Speaker 3: You know that for a run out of gas.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't push it, but I haven't run out of gas.
Speaker 3: But I think you do have about thirty to forty miles.
Speaker 8: There's a little leeway.
Speaker 3: In there for you. What do you drive? What kind of car? I drive an Equinox?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Yeah, she's in a RAV four.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: Bianca's in a little Toyota. What's up, Crystal? Hi?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 3: What's going on? I was leaving work and I didn't get paid till the next day, and I lived.
Speaker 2: Roughly thirty miles and mine was already on zero, and I made it all the way home.
Speaker 1: Okay, no issues at all. So thirty plus miles and what kind of car are we driving?
Speaker 3: Oh? A little Jetta, a little Volkswagen. I like it.
Speaker 7: Chat Gypt said, she not lying, saying that most cars have a reserve after the needle e one of three gallons.
Speaker 1: I went, yeah, tell that to tell chatchypt that when you're on the side of the road in ninety four on the shoulder, if you make it.
Speaker 3: What's up? How you doing, Michael? What's going on? Michael?
Speaker 1: Michael's driving a late model Buick. Whenever they say that, I always think to myself, Oh, somebody, how old is it? No, I'm I always think to myself when they say late a late model Buick, it means somebody committed a crime.
Speaker 3: So look, please are looking for a late model Buick. What's going on, Michael?
Speaker 5: I got a two thousand and four Buick, Let's favor. But when I bought it by real pump done certain thing. That bloat thing doesn't work. So my guess, kid doesn't work and I can go fifty miles after like you've done.
Speaker 2: Hey, you are driving me nuts.
Speaker 1: What radio show you listen to? They sound good? The ninety five point five. Here, hold on, let me listen to myself. In about fifteen seconds from now, Brandon, will you follow the Yonka to the gas station today so she doesn't run out of gas?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I can try. It's gonna be quite a drawer for.
Speaker 9: Me to get over there, though.
Speaker 3: Where are you right now?
Speaker 8: I'm in West Michigan. I'm deal them.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you well, here's the deal. Yeah, how many miles you got left on your tank?
Speaker 8: Well, so for work, I drive a twenty five twenty five freight liner and there's not a couple of times we've driven a well past ee. I mean we've gotten up to one hundred miles past e before.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, one hundred miles past These guys are pushing it too much.
Speaker 7: Why wouldn't you even stop at a gas station at that point? You've had to pass several in one hundred miles. What made you just keep going?
Speaker 8: I don't know, just getting the job done, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: I know it's like, I'm gonna wait for let me two more exits, I'm gonna go. You know what that's like when I travel with my kids and they're like, I gotta go to the bathroom dead, We'll make it.
Speaker 3: At least one more exit. I always wait.
Speaker 1: I always look to see if there's like a McDonald's or a Starbucks, Like those are the two restrooms that I actually I'm okayping in And it's like hell on, saying, what do they got to this one right here? Oh they got a Wendy's and a Taco Bell. People are blowing it up in those. So what's going on, Jonathan? What's up?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 9: You know some pretty simple math, and you can figure out how many gallons you have left when your car hits E.
Speaker 3: Explain simply.
Speaker 9: Yeah, ahead, So when your car hits E, you go to the gas station, fill it up completely, mark down how many gallons you put in it. Go to your manual, See how many gallons tank you have. You have a thirty two gallon tank, you put thirty gallons in it. You put two gallons left when you're on the too much.
Speaker 2: My brain can't process.
Speaker 3: That's the smartest thing I've ever heard anyone say about anything. That's pretty amazing. What do you do? What are you an engineer? Amazing? Well, you know what you know? Square footage? Right, you can figure that out there. You go that's.
Speaker 1: Amazing, all right, Jonathan, Well, thank you for that. I appreciate it. Let's just hold that bianca is safe today.