Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talking.
Speaker 2: All right, we are here with the reigning Defensive Player of the Year, the sack Master himself, and LA's new favorite superstar, the one and only Miles Garrett at Dodgers Stadium. Thanks a lot for the time, and man, you look great and blue.
Speaker 3: Thank you. It feels good and blessed to be here.
Speaker 2: So you were just in the Dodger clubhouse. All those guys get asked for autographs and pictures, but I heard they were fan boing out on Miles Garrett. What was it like to have the best in the game paying respects to the best of his game.
Speaker 3: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that and respect and it definitely goes both ways.
Speaker 3: Those guys are at the very pinnacle of what they do.
Speaker 2: Did you see this weird, awkward picture named Blake Snell try to go three point stance on you.
Speaker 1: I might have missed it. He might have done it a lot back with sirs. I don't know, but uh, I'm willing to line it up with anybody.
Speaker 2: Is this the first time you've been here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, first game so far.
Speaker 2: Have you had a chance to look around when you look around, what do you what do you think about this stadium?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's what it's supposed to look like, the atmosphere, the field.
Speaker 3: No, this is this is definitely a great pitch.
Speaker 2: I told you that LA has been buzzing about you. I don't know how much you've gone out in public since you got traded, but can you feel how excited the city is to have you part of this landscape?
Speaker 3: No, y'all, y'all really received me.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a lot of great energy buzzing around, and I'm really appreciative because this is an awesome atmosphere of football.
Speaker 2: The one thing I thought about when you got traded was that Halloween is going to a different level in LA with Miles Garrett in the house.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and that's not stopping or or going anywhere anytime soon. We're definitely gonna take it up a notch.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're throwing out the ceremonial first pitch tonight. When was the last time you threw a baseball?
Speaker 1: About a month ago? Yeah, yeah, I get I guess I was getting ready. I didn't even know, but uh yeah, you lived trained at a baseball facility, or at least part of the baseball facility, and I go out there and throw the ball around.
Speaker 2: That's what you do, just to hang out, relax, just play catch with a buddy exactly.
Speaker 1: You know, that's that's just a way of you know, crossing over sports down some bunch.
Speaker 2: So you're ready for this.
Speaker 3: I think I'm ready for it.
Speaker 2: Okay, you want to hear what my dream scenario is for your ceremonial first pitch talk to me, Miles Garrett goes out there on the mound. All of a sudden, a guy in catcher's gear with a cattri's mask comes out. Big dude. All of a sudden, he takes the catcher's mask off, and it's Aaron Donald.
Speaker 3: This sounds more like ww E than than baseball. But that sound like we're going to have like a final showdown.
Speaker 2: Are you getting tired of people asking you about Aaron Donald wanting to play with you?
Speaker 3: I understand.
Speaker 1: No, he's beloved by the city and then rightfully so, No, he's the greatest defensive player this this town has ever had, and definitely the greatest defensive tackle that we've ever seen. So you know, a lot of respect to him.
Speaker 2: So is there a chance that might happen.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's all of them. That's out of my hands as.
Speaker 2: Far as him catching your first pitch. Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: It's it's great to meet you, and I'm I've lived here in my whole life. I live in Woodland Hills where the rams HQ is, and I could just tell you fit.
Speaker 3: Perfectly in LA.
Speaker 2: You got a smile that will light up Ventura Boulevard, and certainly the spirit of the person you are comes across and we're really happy to have you in La.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. He's truly a blessing there.
Speaker 2: He is the man great Stash Miles Garrett. Watch for him on Ventural Boulevard. Maybe Shupe and Irwin