Speaker 1: All right, So it's Mojo on the morning show. So Anna Rob said that this guy that she was talking to contacted her with a new phone number. And I want listeners to tell us what they think about this about when somebody changes a phone number, what happened or.
Speaker 2: If you changed your phone number?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 2: So back a couple weeks ago, when I was going to visit Tampa man and I canceled on him because he changed the plans up on me. He sent me a text that said seriously, and I didn't respond, and then I didn't hear from him for at least a week. So in my head, I'm like, yeah, we're it's just not going to work. Like I'm upset with him, he's obviously upset with me. It's not going anywhere. Well, this week I get a text from him and he says, hey, my phone was messed up.
Speaker 1: Delete my old number.
Speaker 2: Text me off this one. And I know, I'm like think, in my head, I have had the same number my entire life, why are you getting a new number. But then I was talking to my friend about it and she's like, oh, I always get new numbers. She was like, sometimes I just get annoyed that everyone has my number and I just want to clear off my contact your friends.
Speaker 4: Crazy thought about having to tell everybody that I had a new number, Yeah, is.
Speaker 2: Stressful, right.
Speaker 1: I don't even like getting a new iPhone because I'm afraid numbers won't transfer over. Like, I hate that.
Speaker 4: I gotta tell you I used to live in Georgia. I still have a Georgia phone number. I have a four h four number because I'm like the I do not feel like reaching out to everybody I know to tell them my new number.
Speaker 1: I feel like the only the.
Speaker 4: Only reason you would get a new number is like you were being stalked or something. Right then you don't want them call.
Speaker 1: I guess then you were just black. I don't know. There's two reasons you get a new phone number. Number one, you got fired from your job and the company took your phone back. Okay. Number two, you got caught cheating and your spouse told you or your significant other told you. You're getting rid of your FN phone number right now so that that bitch doesn't call me. Oh wow, that's Those are the only two reasons, and those are and that's it. The rest of the reasons are not valid because nobody wants the hassles, even if you have somebody that's stalking you, I would deal with a stalker before I would deal with somebody not knowing my phone number and missing out on the opportunity of somebody not calling me.
Speaker 5: I don't know many guys that have gone through this situation where they've switched their number, Like and I've had my same number since tenth grade. The majority of my friends have all had their numbers since grade. That's a that's a while. Got my first phone, got my first number, and it's been the same ever since.
Speaker 4: If you switch carriers, you change your number.
Speaker 5: Not any No, I've switched carriers and you used to be a number.
Speaker 1: It used to be that you couldn't bring your phone number with you. But every girl.
Speaker 5: That I know that has changed a number has been because a guy had it that they no longer wanted to have it.
Speaker 1: Yea, every single girl. What about this guy? What about this Tampa guy?
Speaker 5: The way that Anna describes him, it seems that he has a very fast paced lifestyle. What do you mean by fast pace? I mean, you know, some of the things that she says would lend me to believe that there are more than a few people that.
Speaker 1: Have that number.
Speaker 4: Ask him, I would be so curious, why did you change your phone number?
Speaker 2: I think I asked him that. He just said something was going on with my other phone.
Speaker 4: Uh, I don't believe it, I know, not for a second.
Speaker 2: I mean maybe I'm aware that there are more people. I've said this before, Like this is just me talking to him, trying to see like maybe if we get to a point where it's just us two, Like I'm not pressed about that, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like this guy has got more to him. I know what she's thinking. Yeah, you think that he has a girlfriend.
Speaker 5: She got his phone, saw always other people in there, and she made him change his number, throw it away, or he told her I'm.
Speaker 1: Done with this phone. You can have it. Broke right on the spot, put it in water. I love you, It's over. And then where's the ding ding ding ding ding? Totally like something something?
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Eight four four Mojo Live is our telephone number. We have not changed our number, and we've moved studios three times now in the time that this show has been on.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Eight four four sixty six five six five four eight. The text is nine five five zero zero. The thoughts on this, Jamie? Are you there, Jamie?
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm here.
Speaker 1: How you doing, Jamie? What do you think about when people change their numbers?
Speaker 6: So my best friend, I've known her for a little over thirteen years now, our twelve years. I've had the same phone number for twelve years now since i've ever and she has literally twenty different numbers saved in my phone from her changing her numbers.
Speaker 1: Over See, those people, honestly, are the most annoying friends ever.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yes, oh my, I love her, but god, she drives me crazy.
Speaker 1: You know what the worst is too? What kind of phone? Do you have?
Speaker 6: An iPhone?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 1: I have an iPhone too, And I hate when I go and I send a text to somebody and then it will send it back that there's something weird with it or it's green. And then I'll go into their phone and they have like all those old numbers there and it won't tell me which phone number is the legitimate one. We'll just say recent as the as the one that's there. I hate that when that, When that does that, I just wait.
Speaker 6: For her message like this is my new number, or her message you find out which number that message.
Speaker 1: Does he have any tie or she have any ties to a guy in Tampa, Florida. What's going on, Katie? How you doing good? How are you good? What's what do you think about this?
Speaker 8: So I got to say that I'm a person that has had like a dozen phone numbers, and a lot of it is I've gone carrier to carry er when I have had issues and I got a better deal. But I also got to say, if you've got a gut feeling that something's that right, to follow it. But I wouldn't just to you know, not keeping the same phone number because I've had multiple situations, but it was just easier to get a new number.
Speaker 1: So two questions. Number Number one question which carrier is now the best one? Which one do you use now? That gave you the best? I have with T Mobile and all it okay, total wire. And second question for you is why aren't you just transferring your phone number to the next carrier? They'll take your phone number.
Speaker 8: A couple of them actually wouldn't let me.
Speaker 1: Those are those are sketched. I mean that's that's not right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I've had like every carrier out there, but I like T Mobile the bust and I've been with them the longest.
Speaker 1: Now, okay, all right, good t mobile? Fred? What's up? Fred? I'm doing Okay? You have a comment or a question or a thought.
Speaker 6: I mean, I wasn't gonna say maybe she's drinking taking a drug dealer.
Speaker 1: I doesn't need that money.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's a drug dealer. I see where you're going with that.
Speaker 1: He's worse than a drug dealer. He's a professional athlete. Yeah, what's up, Tiffany. How you doing, Tiffany?
Speaker 8: I'm good, long time, first time listening to you guys.
Speaker 6: I actually have called about four times.
Speaker 1: Thank you, welcome back. This wait, is this the first time or that you've called us on this phone number that you're dylling?
Speaker 6: I have the same number?
Speaker 1: Okay, good, all right? What's going on with your comment?
Speaker 8: My comment is the changing the phone number.
Speaker 6: We have a lot of younger people in our family and we have a group chet.
Speaker 8: They keep changing their number, and now we have someone in our.
Speaker 6: Family group check that won't leave.
Speaker 5: He's literally like.
Speaker 1: I love it? Does he contribute?
Speaker 8: We don't even know whose number it was.
Speaker 5: We're like, who number was that?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 1: What's funny is is there? That should be a good topic for another time. Lydia writes this down for next week. The people who are in group chats with people that don't know that they're in there, or they don't know why they're part of the whole thing. Because I've gotten a part of two different group chats where I'm like, why am I in this group chat? What's up, Samantha?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning? How are you say hi to Anna?
Speaker 2: Doing all right?
Speaker 8: Good morning?
Speaker 5: Anna?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 7: Girl?
Speaker 9: And I got into a car accident once, and the person who hit us had asked.
Speaker 8: For a number.
Speaker 9: He apparently didn't have any insurance, so he was gonna pay us for the damage, and then he started harassing us and was trying to make everything our fault. So I had my husband change his phone number because it just got too crazy, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So that's awful that was going in a different direction. Changed his number. Yeah, Adrian, what'd you want to say to Anna.
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 7: Since a Texan saying that my baby daddy never pays his phone bill and if you don't pay by a certain time, you like, love your number getting a new phone number.
Speaker 1: Would it be interesting if the professional athlete that you're talking to that Anna's talking to is bad with his bills. That would be wild.
Speaker 5: What's up, Eric, Hey, I think the problem with this phone is Anna has his number.
Speaker 1: I think he's got another phone. I think it's got two phones. Oh I know he has phones. Yeah, I saw both of.
Speaker 2: Them when we hung out.
Speaker 4: Okay, why did he tell you he had to?
Speaker 2: I don't know. He lives a different life than me. I think was a Detroit number and one was his from his hometown.
Speaker 1: So when people carry around two phones, which, by the way, if you carry around three phones, you got big pockets. But if you carry around two phones, I automatically assume not that you have a business line and a whatever line. You know. I think you girls.
Speaker 4: Well, I do have girlfriends, so that have a phone that was issued to them from work.
Speaker 1: And then Anna, what's up? And a bell I'm sorry Anna Bella the listener. Hello.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say the same thing, because if you like owe money on your phone at all and it braces and you want to go get a new one, you have to have that paid off. And so if you go to a different company and want to keep your number, everything has to be paid off at a zero.
Speaker 8: For them to unlock it.
Speaker 6: So if he broke his phone and didn't want to pay it all off.
Speaker 8: He probably just went to a different company's don't number.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, all possibly valid, Brianna, What do you think?
Speaker 10: Anna? I was just gonna ask you, do you know does anybody ever pay for anything for him? Or does he pay for everything himself?
Speaker 1: I think everything? Why do you say that?
Speaker 10: Because I, to be honest with me, I never paid for my own phone. My mom paid for it for me until I was like twenty four, and then when I got a new phone, I got a new boyfriend, and my boyfriend bought me my new phone, and that was the only reason my number changed, because I couldn't take it over and he paid for it. So I was just thinking, maybe someone else is paying for his stuff, and that's why you got a new number.
Speaker 1: So you didn't ask your ex boyfriend for your phone number in the breakup?
Speaker 10: No, But because my new boyfriend got me a new phone, I had to get a new number because it was a new carrier and I couldn't take my Sprint phone number with me. They wouldn't let me.
Speaker 1: Did his new number have a different area code? Okay?
Speaker 2: So the first one was the Detroit area code, And now I got a different area code.
Speaker 1: What's the area code of this new one? Is it? What do we know where it's from? What are phone?
Speaker 2: I can look it up?
Speaker 1: Interesting. Don't give up your three one threes. They're not giving them out anymore. You got to keep your three one, three, eight, five zero five? Where's a five zero? Google? That is?
Speaker 5: I used to know a girl named Mary had Tallaha. Maybe this is Mary's phone? Could you imagine that Mary knows the damper guy