Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a M five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadas terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: The pipes, the pipes, the pie. Don't miss an episode. We're with you. Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show.
Speaker 1: Wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money.
Speaker 3: Smith Petrousen Money. When you compare, there is no comparison.
Speaker 2: I's right, gone me out.
Speaker 4: Yes, Petro some Money live in West Covina.
Speaker 5: We love being here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we will be here for the next two hours. It is our final live remote of the twenty twenty five calendar year. We had hoped it to be four hours, but alas our partners gave us the short shrift.
Speaker 2: And it will be but two boom.
Speaker 4: But may it be the greatest two hours of December seventeenth, and we could ever December eighteenth that we could ever experience together we're going till four pm.
Speaker 5: We'd love to see.
Speaker 4: It's right off the ten freeway at Citrus or Barenka and we will be here until four PMP and we have got a slew of prizes stacked up behind us.
Speaker 2: We have a whole bunch of stuff.
Speaker 3: First of all, thank you each and every one of you for being here. And many of you have been to remotes before. Many of you this is the first time, or you brought a family member or something like that. We are a very local and we're very grateful to everybody that comes out from the area and the surrounding area, So thank you very much. We have prizes that are stationed, sanctioned, and then we have some prizes that have already been tieck on by the people here and come up. This guy's got our marijuana and ashtray and the Tiger Woods bobblehead. Some people came over with special I mean, fortune does favor the bold and it is it is a little weird to have adults come and ask for like a toy, but it's okay. So the people that came over and ask, yeah for Joe Davids. So people that have come over and now you know, it's been hard for other people like Clyle, who doesn't walk.
Speaker 2: Clyle's here.
Speaker 3: It's rondom applause for Clyde. Yeah, Lyle, she doesn't walk, so you got to go over to her. And she couldn't come up and ask for anything. So if you got your legs and you come up, you know you're likely to get this stuff is dwindling and it went away. It started to go away the second I showed up. People started coming up and asked it for stuff. Matt is dressed like Buddy the Elf, which is awesome.
Speaker 4: Thought it'd be appropriate last time you came dressed to the nines when we were at the DJ's wrestaurant in brew House in Downey. I let us down. I didn't buy an outfit on Amazon though. This is really impressive. This is an adult onesie. They seem to be popular this time of year, and I find it to be sexual in nature, yes, most definitely, and incredibly hot.
Speaker 5: It is not a breathable fabric.
Speaker 4: And I'm gonna go vision Quest style and lose about four to five pounds and make weight for my wrestling match against shoot in free Hot.
Speaker 3: All right, Matt, so tell everybody what we have available that is sanctioned through the raffle tickets, because already more than one person has come up to me and asked me for raffle tickets.
Speaker 2: And that is not my department, no here at the station.
Speaker 3: But this is what we have to give away until four o'clock when we go to Clippers. And are you guys going to stick around to continue to give stuff away or are we just doing it within these two hours?
Speaker 2: Just doing it within the two hours? All right? So we do have a lot of fine prizes.
Speaker 5: Here's so we got.
Speaker 2: The commissioner of prizes, Matt Smith is.
Speaker 4: About to tear's what we got A number of BJ's Restaurant in brew House gift cards fifty dollars a poff.
Speaker 5: That's number one.
Speaker 4: A big thank you to missus January and all of our friends at BJ's for hosting us. We love being out with you the people, and they make it possible for us to do this, and on top of that, they want to flip a handful of you fifty bucks for the efforts. So we have a number of those. Number two, the party responsible for our celebration being trimmed from four to two hours Clippers tickets, and I don't know if you heard now listen, wait a minute, are you telling me you ain't got no love for Doctor Dre and Snoop dogg im no love for death Row?
Speaker 3: Really nobody wants to go see the Clippers at the end to it Dome. I know, mister mckimth punkin right, yeah, A handful of people. Well, all right, so we have Clipper tickets. We have tickets.
Speaker 2: Don't say you'll no love for Doctor Drant Snoop.
Speaker 4: Don't a nationally televised prime time Saturday affair one week from this Saturday, the Chargers versus the Texans at Sofi Stadium.
Speaker 5: We have tickets for that event, all right.
Speaker 4: And finally, our big grand prize, one person, do we have it with us?
Speaker 2: Kates?
Speaker 4: Is it here?
Speaker 2: It is on site, it is.
Speaker 5: En route, it is on site. You will take it home with you.
Speaker 4: Hopefully your vehicle will be able to carry such a large, bountiful prize.
Speaker 2: I might stick out if you're in a convertible black rain Man.
Speaker 4: Or if you're blind and travel by bus, you'll have to take it on the bosses our listener in Fullerton did back in the day of fifty eight inch Westinghouse TV.
Speaker 3: Right, it is a Westinghouse fifty eight inch Zumo TV, a smart TV that simplifies streaming so you could spend more time watching and less time app hopping, which you hate.
Speaker 2: I hate that hop Find.
Speaker 3: Your Western House TV at best Buy or on Amazon, or win it here on the Petrosen Money Show courtesy at Weston House.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, Brett our man.
Speaker 4: Brett hooks us up with Western House TVs whenever we hit the road. We love passing them on to you. That'll be our grand prize, And of course we also have a collection a lot of stuff of other awards. We have a Matt Smith bobblehead.
Speaker 2: Look at that.
Speaker 3: Look at how many look at the arms go up like the Oasis reunion from.
Speaker 2: Team at Kings.
Speaker 3: We have assigned Jane's Addiction CD. They just broke up last week, the bandit just broke up for good.
Speaker 5: That's gonna be worth something there, my dear.
Speaker 3: Grand prize here is the Sea Hunt Complete first season box set on DVD that look at this and you people walked right past this, just like the guy in the Last Crusade with the Holy Grail, and he died because he chose poorly.
Speaker 2: This is the gift. And then we have Hondys.
Speaker 4: We have many Petrosen money content relevant t shirts. This one comes all the way from high Point, North Carolina. The Red House. We have a T shirt from the Red House. So one of you can win that.
Speaker 6: Can we all just get along at the Red House furniture We can at the Red House.
Speaker 4: Now we did bring we did bring the Red House. The whiskey. This whiskey is far.
Speaker 3: Sweet James Berger who's coming, Sweet James Bergener is gonna be here.
Speaker 2: With the T shirt cannon.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna hold off on these T shirts and start launching them at your heads.
Speaker 3: And before we bring in our next guest. What a guest we have for you.
Speaker 2: We have so many distinguished people here.
Speaker 3: But unlike Brian Gutierres, unlike Letty lopezby Oh, we have no dueling local politician.
Speaker 2: Do not.
Speaker 5: We wanted to get someone right down the middle.
Speaker 4: We wanted to get somebody who's a real mover in shaping, someone to celebrate West Covina, to set aside petty differences at city council meetings.
Speaker 5: A man that can look forward, not back.
Speaker 4: West Covina is a raucous town and it is controlled by Tony Wu.
Speaker 3: City councilmen. We're going to bring on in a moment, and we are here to get along. We're here to put smiles on people's faces.
Speaker 2: We aren't here to.
Speaker 3: Steal anybody's gavel, so they have to use the heel of their hand to get order.
Speaker 4: In a meeting, they did say it was a subcommittee that assumed the gavel was theirs, and that is why they took it with him.
Speaker 5: I find that to be bs.
Speaker 3: We aren't here to accuse anyone or censure anyone. We're not here to try to turn West Covina into a sewer, which is what Covena tried to do some decades ago. They wanted a swimming in feces like Matt does every day.
Speaker 5: I do, and I find it rewarding.
Speaker 3: We are here to spread Christmas cheer and giveaway prizes, some of which are worth a lot and some are The Sea Hunt Complete first season box set.
Speaker 4: Now listen if you've got a DVD player that does have tremendous value. We are here also to pack four hours into two hours, the reverse of the double up, so you perhaps in your life if you don't drink too much and feel like you're gonna float out of here and eat Adobe pizza and then feel like the state puff.
Speaker 5: Domain one legendary remix.
Speaker 3: You can double up and hit this party and another one and feel like you exhausted all of your avenues here and then move on. So we are not doubling up, so you can double up tonight, right, Yeah, we have had our production. Now, don't expect any West Covina political fireworks because we have a guy here who holds those things down. Now, Matt Smith does want local political fireworks.
Speaker 5: I do. I like strife, I like dicord I like censures.
Speaker 3: But we're only here to spread good cheer. I like recalls. No political censure again, ferendums. We apologize again for the scheduling issue, and in retrospect, I do regret saying that nobody has the balls to sit here for four hours, because frankly, it's not gonna happen anyway. What it was doing a two hour show, it's not happening. But like the kids, Matt, we're gonna go quick. We're gonna bang bang TikTok style two hour blowout leading into what we expect even if it's on TV, here will be another Clipper loss.
Speaker 4: It's almost guaranteed six and twenty. But they did say when Derek Jones Junior comes back, they expect everything to turn around.
Speaker 3: It is a tough pill to swallow for the very few people that make up Clipper Nation. It's kind of like like a very.
Speaker 4: Small country, like that one you talked about in the seat games that we did that just was founded in like two.
Speaker 3: Now if Letty Lo Pezbiano or the Goot Brian Gutierrez here, Tony Wu and they want fair and balanced time and they fight the holiday traffic down here to the curves, which is called here in West Covina.
Speaker 2: I mean there's a lot of stuff around here.
Speaker 5: I can see Letty doing that. I'm not sure about the Goots.
Speaker 2: You don't think Goot's gonna make it better.
Speaker 5: Goot's gonna make it I think Letty could.
Speaker 3: Everyone is welcome here in West Covina, Everybody here in the San Gabriel Valley, everybody off the ten Freeway and beyond is welcome to partake in great sports talk because we have truly a.
Speaker 2: Table, great sports table of plenty.
Speaker 3: Tonight, now the display of items to give away that Tim put out. Tim got here very early and put out all these items like a garage sale. It's beautiful. Yeah, good job today. It's truly beautiful. It's truly something to be proud of. It is the spore or the detritus of twenty years of great sports.
Speaker 2: Talk, great sports talk.
Speaker 3: In fact, this bobblehead was created even before I joined.
Speaker 2: The radio show.
Speaker 5: That is twenty years old.
Speaker 3: There was another one of Joe Grande yes and all disappeared, and another one.
Speaker 2: Of Wayne Cook.
Speaker 3: But we do have just a few Matt Smith's left, and this sign Jane's Addiction CD again.
Speaker 2: They broke up this week. It is very it's.
Speaker 3: Humbling to see all this stuff, and it's nice to watch it go away, piece by piece by piece. In fact, it feels like a bit of a purge. So thank you so much for being here.
Speaker 2: Matt. Let's bring on the city councilman, because I.
Speaker 3: Brought I brought a story to everybody's attention yesterday.
Speaker 5: It was one of the great stories.
Speaker 3: I did a little digging about West Covina politics, and Matt got very excited and watched hours.
Speaker 2: Of West Covina.
Speaker 3: Literally City Council meetings literally and and and now we have our favorite. I think it's easy to say our favorite West Covina politician of all time. Former mayor city councilman Tony Woo joins the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tony, party, party Party, he says, party, party, Party.
Speaker 3: You're Southern California, Toyota dealer, celebrity guest, local politician, had set. When I say West, you say Covina, West West. When I say Tony, you say Woo, Tony Woo. Tony, thank you for the front of your local politics.
Speaker 2: Exactly right. Welcome to the show, Tony. How's it going.
Speaker 7: Everything's so great.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much to come to West Kobean, the gal Win's Govina.
Speaker 2: We love Weskovian.
Speaker 8: Don't forget the crazy guffin West Covina.
Speaker 5: That's why we heal.
Speaker 4: That's right, crazy, yes, girlfriend, Wes right, show exactly right now.
Speaker 3: How did you get involved in local politics? How did you get involved Tony in West Covina. You're obviously a well put together businessman.
Speaker 8: Yes, okay, I never think about a selfish businessman would become a Politician's about twenty fifteen people want me to run?
Speaker 7: I said, why why me? If they said, why not you have money, I have big mouse.
Speaker 2: You should you have money in a big mouth. You need to be in politics.
Speaker 7: Yes, okay, I say, whoa, you're right and you have the ego so you will win.
Speaker 2: And they're right.
Speaker 8: So the first time I ran in the twenty fifteen, I ran okay, and I got elected first time okay. And then I got elected in twenty fifteen. I beat that time the current mayor.
Speaker 4: Really, yes, did you just outspend them like ten to one because you had all that money?
Speaker 8: True, okay, yes, I'll spend him big time. I self founded I have money, So I just you saw money, and I said, okay, and this is how you win the election in the United States.
Speaker 4: And so now you've been at it for almost ten years here in West Covina and you've come to love the city.
Speaker 7: Well, I always love the city. I'm moving in nineteen eighteen nine.
Speaker 8: And then yes, okay, and that I got fired from the studio I work for COVID Studio that time.
Speaker 7: What yeah, I working in hollywo for three years.
Speaker 2: What were they thinking? Why would they fire you?
Speaker 7: Well, because they think I'm not crazy enough politics. It is exactly so. So I decided to okay.
Speaker 8: At that time, I just purchas a house in West Covina in nineteen eighty nine, and I have a pregnant wife and no job. So I decide to see find another career. And then and it happened. I decided to go into the real estate and I become a mortgage banker and the real estate investors.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and how I become here today? And you built up the city of West Covina. Is that where all your real estate is? Do you own like half of this town or what is it? No?
Speaker 8: I don't own anything in the real estate is a comfortable interest, so so I own all the same.
Speaker 4: It's a conflict. I got you own real estate in West Covina. Yes, be the mayor or city council person right in West Covine.
Speaker 2: I would.
Speaker 3: I would assume mat that you know that certainly with all your local political backgroundly.
Speaker 4: So Petros match And you were the mayor? How long were you the mayor? When were you last the mayor? Can you be the mayor again? And when do we start that campaign?
Speaker 7: I can be the mayor again.
Speaker 8: The mayor is a rotation, right, And I got elected in twenty fifteen, and I came out earlier again. Twenty eighteen I ran as a district I got elected again. And twenty twenty two when the Kinster and the Union they tried to spend three hundred thoud and try to get rid of me.
Speaker 2: They can outstand you.
Speaker 8: I know they can't somebody. But I only spend seventeen thousand, and you still want I still want the elect Yeah, okay, So because okay, reform the city. And when you have the chance you serve the city, you have to do a very okay, okay, very determine so meaning what meaning you want to fire everybody and make sure you're city manager doing their job, if.
Speaker 2: Not, make the city run efficiently, get rid of corrupture. Correct.
Speaker 7: So that's what I did, Okay.
Speaker 8: I cleaned up the house in the swamp and bring new in twenty eighteen, we almost bankrupt by in twenty nineteen when I have a three out of five budget services council, then I okay, we fire the old city management team, we hire the new team, and we still pss they said, they said, so here's what I'd like to know.
Speaker 4: When you were running against the candidate that was spent on a hundred, it was getting a hundred fifty rand from the teamsters in the union on your campaign, did you say, hey, they're taking that dirty teamster money. Don't let those dirty teensters buy your vote.
Speaker 7: I didn't quit this idem I know. I think I spend all the money they want.
Speaker 2: You just want to what America's about?
Speaker 8: Yeah, and you walk, you don't knocking. You tell them I will continue to serve you. I'm going to continue to the reform.
Speaker 9: We are going to bring the pride back to West Covine. Now what what does West Covine that need? Tony, what what is West covid? What's next for West Covina?
Speaker 7: I think West Covine I need the thing?
Speaker 2: Is this okay?
Speaker 8: And then what's the job of them? Not only the public safety? Public say okay, public health. It's about you bring unity. How you bring unity?
Speaker 2: You bring happiness to the people.
Speaker 8: So Melli and while bring party to the to the to the bringing party, green party, party, party.
Speaker 2: Party, bring a party. What kind of party were bringing?
Speaker 8: So when I'm doing the event like the moon Festival, Spring Festival.
Speaker 5: That's like the party of the year in West Covina.
Speaker 8: Right, the moon Festival, ten twenty other people show people the party.
Speaker 2: Yes that beats us.
Speaker 8: Yes, there's the biggest party in West Scovilla, in San Gabriel Valley. And then we put all the people, all different races, all different kinds of cultural program.
Speaker 7: And all together in one night and dance and performed.
Speaker 8: To everybody when all the children, everybody is so happy, be proud about your heritage. And we're here to make sure you have that kind of satisfaction, that happiness.
Speaker 7: And that's what we're here for.
Speaker 8: A debt again, why you pay Texas for Why are you paying Texas for the party?
Speaker 4: The party, party, the party.
Speaker 8: See no politician where they led?
Speaker 4: Right, let's park it.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 7: Just don't vote for me.
Speaker 2: Who cares?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 8: So right, okay, okay, I still have my career. But the thing is this, when you do a job, you want to do the best. You bring the happiness to the people and bring vibrantess. Okay, bring safety, doing healthiness to your community.
Speaker 4: Now, you were you were a bit of an arbiter of peace at the city council meeting. When things started getting hot. He had to keep control, to keep control of it. You know, some people start barking at each other. It then one guy doesn't want to get out of a chair. Somebody's stealing a gavel. People are screaming at each other. Some city manager is being threatened with being fired. I heard there's a lawsuit being filed. The guy doesn't even show up, and he had two opportunities to public in the case gets dismissed. Public tears, and you're in the midst of it. You're trying to keep calm all around you. How do you keep calm in the midst of a storm? People don't know my.
Speaker 8: Beg Well, okay, I have a messed degree in final in filmmaking, right, so zero or this drama is come with my job. I enjoy every minutes of this drama. Okay, the drama basically come with a side in fact. But the point is this, we have to continue to push the city about policy and bring the happiness and bring the event and bring the investment.
Speaker 2: But all this.
Speaker 7: Personal ego thing and the ad a thing. Let's another side show.
Speaker 2: But but but we have a right time.
Speaker 7: But that's why we have a rating.
Speaker 4: Seem like a real theme of the last council made in the Ada thing. It kept coming back up time and time again. The American Disabilities Act.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, they basically we have a two a DA quote unquote people on our diets, so meaning meaning no matter what kind of background, you will be elected. Even you are a DA one as a blind person, why with the artistic syndrome. So but people still elect them. Okay, and then we just have to work shermany and one never complain. One complain all the time. That's like you were Toldren. Okay, you have some some children, Okay, some kids. They never complain something.
Speaker 7: Everything I want to give it, Give me everything.
Speaker 5: Right, So that's typical, and you keep control of it.
Speaker 4: And you've got a logo on your polo it is, I mean, you've got your own it says. Now does everybody get one of those? Or is that specifically something you made for your son?
Speaker 2: I can give you one, okay, so it's my name.
Speaker 7: Okay, we'll tell you.
Speaker 5: I'll wear Tony Wu counselman, no question about it.
Speaker 7: I don't ten years. I have quite a lot of polos.
Speaker 2: I bet I can give you one. I bet, yes, guy wanted the same outfit that you did.
Speaker 4: I love your outfits, sir, God bless you for leaning into the theme of today it is.
Speaker 2: Our holiday party.
Speaker 7: Beautiful couple.
Speaker 4: Right now, what about it? You said you wanted to bring another party the West Covina. Tell us an idea. Tell us about your new idea.
Speaker 8: I think the new idea is is a why is a Okay, make the CT vibrant is bring young people back to your CT.
Speaker 7: We a lot of young people hump.
Speaker 2: Back to your city.
Speaker 8: You'll see he go the fading away okay, getting old people die out, this and that. So how you into your city bring the young people.
Speaker 7: You bring entertainment.
Speaker 2: Okay, you bring entertainment.
Speaker 8: So we have a okay, some land around and let okay we could with the design okay to hiking, okay.
Speaker 5: And people like to hike.
Speaker 7: Yeah, maybe the maybe the amphitheaters.
Speaker 2: Capa that's hike around the San Gabriel's.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, the music the West controla in West West that's not West, yes, Corolla West.
Speaker 2: We can do that right, and he likes it.
Speaker 5: He's young.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I want young people come come to Westcovie to have baby.
Speaker 8: We want more baby population, population population.
Speaker 2: We're all getting laid. That's how they make baby.
Speaker 5: That's how you make.
Speaker 2: Councilmen.
Speaker 8: So so so entertainment will attract young people move back to your city.
Speaker 7: So right, so so important thing.
Speaker 8: How can you provide the entertainment you basically you have developed and.
Speaker 7: You must have a land. We have land, but we just need a investor.
Speaker 8: We have a bill over there and basically bring the investor to see were already showing.
Speaker 7: I think we have a wall. Three people interesting investing in West Covida.
Speaker 2: Right, that's big money swap street.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, because this is about four hundred squad okay.
Speaker 2: As yes, okay, and that can.
Speaker 10: Be magnificent development with with a okay and the oldest view hiking mountain bike and uh again you can go to the Puddlestone.
Speaker 7: Lake and he come back is like you're winged Canada to.
Speaker 2: West Covina Canada lake. They do.
Speaker 8: We have a lake and we have a lot of things. We want to win a beautification of all cities. Bring young people, picture whisky.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: If you're young and you're fertile, we want you here in West Covina.
Speaker 2: That's the message. If you want a.
Speaker 4: Party, we want you here in West Covina. A big thank you to city councilman.
Speaker 2: You're a star.
Speaker 3: Tony Mayor the next time we come to West Covina, Tony, we would hope to see you again and hope you come back down and see us a great local park. Frank Yoka Yama, hear of critos, what a star, Tony Woo of West Covina City Council holding it down and fighting down Warren.
Speaker 5: Crimes since twenty fifteen.
Speaker 3: Let's get the young people here pro creating in West Covina. We'll be back with more great sports talk, Great sports Talk. Want to start finally a local politician that's vibrant and not afraid to say what's on everybody's mind.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: We want to party, We want to have a great time.
Speaker 5: We want the young people.
Speaker 3: To get laid. We want more young people to have babies. Because the old city gets old and it dies out.
Speaker 2: Life is for the young. Fortune favors the bulls. Right.
Speaker 3: We'll be back with Mark Petterson money on AMPI seventy LA Sports Live for the BJ's Restaurant in Browns and beautiful West Covina.
Speaker 1: We've made it even easier to take l A sports with you this summer. Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.
Speaker 2: Road Trip all summer with La Sports.
Speaker 4: We are live at the BJ's Restaurant in brew House in West Covina. We have got but eighty minutes left in our end of year final live appearance party right off the ten for you ay at Citrus or Barenka.
Speaker 5: We would love to see you.
Speaker 4: It has been wildly successful thus far as you like to say, pee the grabbing hands.
Speaker 2: They grab all they can.
Speaker 3: Everybody has a gift or that wants a gift has come up and efforted a gift. We have quite a turnout. Hey, we had one shape everybody being here. We appreciate the community of great sports talk. We appreciate Tony Wu who was Larry and super West Covina council person who we just talked to. We had a lot of fun. We have some other liminaries in the house. We mentioned Clyle.
Speaker 4: Clyle Clyle Well, she was at Downy, but no one alerted us to her attendants, and I think that's the person.
Speaker 3: Lyle is a lovely lady. We love lyle oar apologies to her. Larry is here with his daughter Carly and I think uh, I think their son in law or their his son. Joey is here. Uh fun Denny from Rancho Ranchel Cook. Danny Fun, Danny from Rancho Cook. We appreciate him. Chris from Ventura, forty four years old today Today, Happy birthday, Chris from Ventura.
Speaker 2: He is Henson Alhambra.
Speaker 4: Now he is a city traffic engineer, so what is it county county traffic engineer. So he is trying to do everything he can to relieve the pain that we feel on the freeways.
Speaker 5: And we have preciate that. Thank you, sir.
Speaker 2: We're Carter. Chris seems Sissophian. Yes, it does a little bit, Matt.
Speaker 3: Mister mccamb my eighth grade teacher from Christ Lutheran School and Sampedro is here, Hedge Fun, Ryan is here.
Speaker 4: Anybody needs a little bit extra cash for the holiday season, Go see Ryan. He's gonna take care of you. Chuck the Asian is here, Yeah, Chuck the Asian. Travis is here, Sweet James.
Speaker 2: Just whoa that? Look at that all incognito?
Speaker 3: What a time to be alive in the world of great sports talk.
Speaker 2: Matt.
Speaker 3: We went a little long in that first segment. But we still got a lot of dishes to wash. Here at the BJ's restaurant in brew.
Speaker 4: We do T shirts very popular. Somebody has already acquired Heimus January. Somebody has already acquired the road.
Speaker 3: I feel like the people in front are getting too much. They are they are so from the back. Please, what about the books? Don't you guys want these awesome books? What kind of books do we have? Weh the Vince Gully book. Oh from Tom Holfarth, Tom hop Farth one which is awesome. We have no by Ralph Lawler, that's his Oh you want that one? Well you better come over and get it. Though I look at that you're for the Bingo book.
Speaker 4: A big Ralph Lawler fan in the house, John Calipari and Michael soklove success is the only option.
Speaker 3: All right, Well come over and get it. For God's sakes, I'm connected to this thing.
Speaker 4: Forward by Howie Long inside the NFL's first Family.
Speaker 5: Bruce Matthews, this is a wonderful thing.
Speaker 2: That's King Arthur. Good to see King Arthur.
Speaker 4: Appreciate that he made us a bunch of plaques of the PMS photo bandit artwork, and we appreciate that.
Speaker 5: King Arthur.
Speaker 3: Very nice stuff, and there's very good feelings here at the BJ's Restaurant in brew house from top to bottom. If you're thinking about coming here, there is not a lot of Espasio, but enough for you to come up and get a drink at the bar and say hello to great sports talk.
Speaker 2: We do.
Speaker 4: I did not sports talk, but Tim Kats has the shirts laid out in sizes, so like Matt and I now work at the J Crew, Oh yeah, people are coming over like, well, you gave me an extra large and I'm more of a large.
Speaker 2: You know. It's like, okay.
Speaker 5: I had a gentleman, Like.
Speaker 4: We work at the Abercommrie. We're not in retail here. I had a gentleman exchange is extra large for a large? And then he came back and said, can I exchange the large for that ice chest? I said, I believe that ice chest just Bert's lunch and he said.
Speaker 2: I just think that's that carries Bert's a quinton, right.
Speaker 5: I was like, I don't think we're giving that thing away.
Speaker 2: Bert has already eaten so everything. So it's all right.
Speaker 3: So we'll be back with more great sports talk. We'll get back on the clock. We'll talk to the great Sweet James Bergner, who's brought his T shirt cannon to blow your head off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's not give away any more T shirts. Let's blow him out of the camp. Well, sweet James has his own T shirt. Oh he does, well, I don't think he shows. I just show up with a cannon, shot up with the gun, and you got no bullets. You don't chum up with a gun and ask people for bullets. We're gonna launch those Modello shirts giving away Clipper tickets for New Year's Day club seats, high end tickets. By the way, I hit something in the rafters earlier and a lot of dust came on, So you're gonna avoid the rafters, okay. I don't want like a tarantula to fall off on like somebody's hand. And by the way, if you're standing on honey, you got nowhere to sit. It's like picnic bench seating, so feel free to squeeze in. We're all friends here. If you see an open seat, grab an open seat. And like Tony Wu told us, what does everybody like to do?
Speaker 2: They like to party. We like to party.
Speaker 4: We'll be back with mar of our end of year party at bj Great Sports.
Speaker 2: Shot and brew House. Five seventy L eight Sports.
Speaker 1: Hello, PMS listener, did you know AM five seventy LA sports has a wide range of l A sports podcast.
Speaker 2: There's Rogan and Rodney. That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vassi, the Dodger Podcast of record, Clipper Talk without a Musk, follow us all and many more.
Speaker 1: Just go to A five seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Another shout out p A special thank you to George from the Brotherhood Crusade in Inglewood and the Bolt Academy. Brought a number of his students out here Dante to see the young people who's at Syracuse. Khalil, Cosey, Leah and Devine all with him through the Bolt Academy, through the Brotherhood Crusade, doing great work there with kids in Inglewood making sure they are able to chase and achieve their dreams. So thank you George and all the kids that are putting in that big work.
Speaker 3: We're here in beautiful West Covina at the Bjay's Restaurant in brew House. It is the final, Final, Final Petreusen Money Remote of twenty five, one of the big parts of the Petrosen money show for decades has been our dear friend and patron. Think of us as the strung out jazz trumpeter living in the guest room of a great sponsor. That's right, a patron of the arts, so to speak. The one and only Sweet Chants Burmiter.
Speaker 2: Order in the court. Order in the court. It's time for justice with Sweet Jinks.
Speaker 3: When it comes to beers boy over to justice when it comes to being mysterious, like riding a Ducatti crotch rocket all the way.
Speaker 2: Down to ten.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, you know we're talking about Sweet James.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: The good news is Sweet James is here and we haven't seen him in a while.
Speaker 2: It's the better.
Speaker 3: News is he brought the T shirt cannon.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's amazing news. The bad news is what we don't have any co twos? Oh anybody no place?
Speaker 3: Well, okay, I feel like the kids that get everything ready for the paintball War. They get all the way out in the middle of nowhere and then they realize they have no ceo too. But that's okay. He still brought a bunch of T shirts that we can throw around. And it's also a little bit of a legal hazard to have a T shirt cannon at the BJ's kis small.
Speaker 2: Let's say if we shot something in one of those.
Speaker 3: Bee hives fell and hurt one of the people, we could be sued horribly.
Speaker 2: Am I wrong? Sweet Jake? You're not wrong.
Speaker 11: We've had a good run a couple of years ago. We broke a lot of plates and glasses before.
Speaker 5: It's so maybe it's maybe that's good. Yeah, you're probably right.
Speaker 4: It's probably for the best now overall doesn't mean we can't knock him up and throw them at people.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: During the holiday season, we don't expect to see Sweet James. We usually see him traveling around globe, trotting, going places of great interests, shrim metalfest. It's true we don't expect him to be in a place like West Covina on a day like today, But here he is.
Speaker 11: What what brings you to town? Sweet James? You guys and the listeners absolutely season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you announced yesterday that you would be on the show.
Speaker 4: I did, and here you are. We didn't actually expect you.
Speaker 3: Now, let's do our formal Christmas present to Sweet James, because he's what so much to us Now a few years ago, Vic the brick Oh cleaned out his liquor cabinet and he gave us three very special old bottles that are worth a lot of money, like this thousands of dollars special hennessey Kgyak that Lebron would give his steroid and.
Speaker 2: Out left nut for that's right here? Can we be sued for that? Can we be sued for that? Sweet James can allegation?
Speaker 4: And then we have some Tory royal Look at this last thing is like look at this, that's the real pricey one, Sweet James.
Speaker 3: That's like liquid go wow. And then another Suntory Royal, beautiful Japanese whiskeys. Our gift to you, Sweet James, for giving so much to the people.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: And you let me I think maybe we cracked when he's over.
Speaker 5: Allowed you're not allowed to am I.
Speaker 2: You can do whatever you want, Sweet.
Speaker 3: James Bergen, but I don't want to repeat of where you brought that special beer from Puerto Rico, and Matt tried to give it to a bunch of guys that don't drink.
Speaker 5: They were Mormons.
Speaker 2: How was I supposed to know? But you kept after him.
Speaker 3: The guy's like, no, thanks, Come come on, manys there.
Speaker 5: He is our friends in the aquabat so the hell of a party.
Speaker 2: Sweet. This is our gift to you, Sweet James.
Speaker 4: The R two cuts the whiskeys that Victor Brick gave us and hope that we would sell.
Speaker 2: We are not selling. We're giving them to you. Now.
Speaker 3: This does not mean Victor Brick's allowed to call you and ask you for sponsorship of his podcast. These comes the Petres and Money Show, and you appreciate you, Sweet James. They used to be in Victor Brick's liquor tabnet collecting dust.
Speaker 4: I would assume he's listening right now and very excited about you accepting the gift.
Speaker 2: BB.
Speaker 4: Is that a motorcycle jacket? No, it's just a it's beautiful thing. Yeah, very nice. Now when you drive down the ten, yes, and I drove down the ten to get here and I passed about I don't know fifteen, Sweet James.
Speaker 3: Billboards, yeah, fifteen at least. Do you block them out? Do you see them? Do you look at them with pride when you're in the southern California area? How do you react to those many bills? I don't look at them. I'm not kidding.
Speaker 11: It is the worst photo of me. I no, it's terrible. I I would not have picked that photo. What about the cartoon Sweet James? Do you like the cartoon let?
Speaker 4: What about the giant Sweet James that's peeking in the skyscraper windows?
Speaker 2: It picks up the car.
Speaker 5: Like, man, I really dig that one.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's like, look at that dude looking in the window.
Speaker 2: I'm not creepy.
Speaker 1: All.
Speaker 2: Would you become a lawyer?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Did you think that you would become such a I mean is that?
Speaker 3: I mean, that's usually not why people get into law to have their photo everywhere, to be in a bunch of TV commercials and stuff.
Speaker 5: I'm in law school.
Speaker 11: My second year of law school, I get hired at an employment lawyer's office.
Speaker 2: And of course there's an employment law.
Speaker 11: So the contract like eight pages long, like I'm going to share turn there, and the very last paragraph was, hey, the law of this reserves the right to use your image in marketing. And I crossed out and I was like, there's no way in hell I'm ever going to be.
Speaker 2: On a billboard. That's true. And here we are.
Speaker 4: There we are thousands, and do you know what the number is? Do they give you the number that like, hey, we are currently.
Speaker 2: On act number of billboards right now. No, it varies, but we.
Speaker 11: Are the largest billboard purchaser in the.
Speaker 5: State of California.
Speaker 4: In the state of California, there's no Sweet James of NorCal that's uh, it's trying to make her run.
Speaker 7: Out of here.
Speaker 11: And you know, more than coke forard, like, well, yeah, more billboards than anything.
Speaker 4: The business was smaller when we started doing was commercials. It's grown exponentially. How many states now get a taste of the Sweet Chairs? Oh gosh, I think we're at nine nine?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Are you in Wyoming?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: No, stop, what's happening when we're trying.
Speaker 4: To get Joey Bust to run the Wyoming football program by us at Del Taco and then we're gonna build a Petros and money empire on a laramie.
Speaker 2: Please don't tell Sweet Chairs. And what do you think you're in? Right? Right?
Speaker 4: Is it hard to kind of work the bar to get you rolling in Wyoming? So there we go.
Speaker 5: Look at this.
Speaker 4: See it's just a lot of catalog right, very popular. Oh yeah, ear tag long, Sweet James. It is the holiday season, so one holiday question when it comes to lawsuits. Okay, we buy a Christmas tree, right, let's say they say, oh yes, it's uh you know, it's it's been watered, it's healthy. Look at how how how flexible the the spines are on the tree. It dries out, causes a fire, Nobody gets hurt, you know, just just some some damage to this.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I grew up very afraid of Christmas Tree five.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, we were up. Yeah with the quicksanding quick Christmas tree five. Who gets suit? Oh no, once you take that home and it's uh there no longer, even if it's bs.
Speaker 5: I hit that thing on the ground and like all the littles come in. Yeah, it's on you. Yeah, sorry man.
Speaker 4: Right, thought I had it on that one. The one and only Sweet James Burgerer. Everybody, he's the best. Take a picture with him. He's going to enjoy a vokatonic when I say, sweet, you said, James, Sweet James, Sweet Merry Christmas to the.
Speaker 3: Great Sweet James. Eight hundred nine million. That's eight hundred and nine zero zero zero zero zero zero zero zero zero zero zero. And just remember it's Sweet James. It's not worth crap.
Speaker 2: They're not gonna get you anything.
Speaker 4: That's a new tag. Love you guys, Love you, absolutely love you guys. Be safe out James, be safe out there, and.
Speaker 3: We'll be back with more great sports talk live from the bjays Restaurant in brew House and beautiful West Lavina, right across from the Jolly b headquarter.
Speaker 4: We got a TV to give away, that fifty eight inch Glorious Westinghouse TV courtesy of our friend Brett, So get here between now and the end of the show. We'll wait until three point fifty to give that one away. Still have Clipper tickets for New Year's Day club seats, high end tickets, and a BJ's Restaurant brew House A gift cards, so get on down.
Speaker 5: We'd love to see. It's our last live appearance of the year.