Speaker 1: We are number one. We just grabbed every key Democrat super duper. That's nice. Hey, you go nay, that is good news.
Speaker 2: It is the fifth day of August twenty twenty six. Good Wednesday morning, everybody. Welcome to the parture of Morning Show. My name is Chris Hocking. Here we are Parker Fox and to cast the thousands in today, recap and camp and so much more. Will get started with Brian Wagan. Brian Wigan Brian Reagan on National Underwear Day comedy on the patch of come on in. I am glad you are here.
Speaker 3: So I'm putting on a couple pounds, no big deal, you know, typical guy stuff. But I've learned some milestones and putting on a few pounds, you know, little moments where you go.
Speaker 1: Hey, that was new, you know.
Speaker 3: It used to be I would just put on my underwear and that was it.
Speaker 1: But then you put on a few pounds.
Speaker 3: You put on your underwear, you bend over to put on your socks, and your waistband flips down and you stand back up and it flaps back into place with an awkward a little snap. Whoa that hurt and felt nice. Then you put on a few more pounds. You bend over, your waistband flips down and when you stand back up, it doesn't flat back into place.
Speaker 2: You're trying to help it.
Speaker 1: Come on, come on, snap back in the position.
Speaker 3: You're trying to find the muscles below the abdomen that can push up underwear flats. That's a hard muscle to find with your brain. I tried to find it. I accidentally wiggled my ears. You know it's time to move up in an underwear size. When you take them off and across your waist. People can read Egyptian hieroglyphics.
Speaker 1: I love watching Tarzan movies. Sweet and beat us on your side.
Speaker 4: You here the distance under this line, and then you stry.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Power to a Morning Show. It is August fifth, twenty twenty six. I'm Corey Kove. That's Chris Hockey. That's to meet Sauce Paul Lambert. There's Zach Alverson, There's Max Fuller. Good morning fellas. Hi check your email. There you go, Hi, You know you mentioned Parker Fox. This is this is an ONNAT production meeting because Chad Abbitt loves this. When we don't know which of our guests are on the show. And which are not?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is he like isn't he like somewhere in the country at a wedding or something? Is he back today? I think so? Yeah? Is he really hosted that he flew but he flew back? Okay? Does he look like he was in where? Alabama or Colorado? He's had to fly everywhere. Man, it must be ROUGHI in Parker Fox. Yeah, good for park So let's hope we see him at seven. That would be great. I bet we will. God, you love to gamble? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why keep saying this?
Speaker 1: But I do love gambling. Yeah. I watched your PA and you got into it and you were scratching that it and you were loving it. I did, and the guy was awesome. Yesterday is elite dog TV. Jeff Platt is fantastic. That that should should that dude not be making money on an NFL sideline. He's very good. He could do that job in a second.
Speaker 5: But I learned the guy that lost and lost out on a championship, Uh, you know a World Series bracelet the guy from Canada, Greg Mueller attitude I've ever seen?
Speaker 1: Oh you're talking about Ronny hamood. Yeah, the mood was believable, super content like yeah, the cards. It's good for the other guy made a couple of million cheering for his fellow Canadian. He's like, whatever, what did you get fifth? Or six? He was like six? I think whatever? Cool do? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, you got into it, man, I got into it. You were texting me and whatnot. I was no, but he was watching poker and texting me Yeah.
Speaker 2: Impressive.
Speaker 5: And it's because I turned the TV on in the bedroom after we hit Louis Dow and uh put down to bed and I'm like, oh, it's gonna say you buried the lead there, brother, And yeah, I was like, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: The first thing he texted me, very first thing was if you ever made the final table, I'm going to be in the background, hammered would yeah, yeah, but they would. Yeah. There was a topless dude. There was a very very overweight, topless dude heat sauce right on the rail and he was kind of an obnoxious but he was having the time of his life. I'll tell you who was obnoxious. Can you imagine, like, let's say, uh, let's say World Series Game seven, right, this is Baseball's quote super Bowl where they're World Series. Can you imagine if Game seven of the World Series. For three innings, Fox had Bryson de Shambo on to talk about how much he likes watching baseball. Yeah, get Draymond Green off the World Series of Poker main event broadcast. Dear god. I didn't see that part, but it was literally like ESPN was like, Wow, we're on ESPN again. We better have a big name. They had Draymon on for like forty minutes and he just sucked. Yeah, got it. I loved everything about last night except for freaking Draymond. Yeah. I don't care that Klay Thompson's bad at poker. We're all bad at poker. That's literally Hawk's worst. Iight beer a guy talking about basketball during a poker bruck, Yeah, yeah, that's Hawk's hell. Freaking Draymond.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're trying to force the Draymone thing on us and it's not working.
Speaker 1: It was bad, man. The pressure last night though, it's it's the pressure of sports in general. It's not but not the poker's a sport. But yeah, you know you you texted me Sauce about the guy when Saskelotti made that call with tens and You're like, what a call? And I'm like well, that's a call I've made a thousand times in a tournament here in Minnesota, but I don't know if i'd have the balls to make it with what was it? Four to go in the main event, with millions of dollars on the line. What if you're wrong? Yeah, even though you know it's right. He sweated it for what two three minutes before he made the call, and he was right. But man, he was like, Man, I'm in a tough spot. What do I do? He's like, I guess we're gonna go. We're gonna gamble. Yeah, I don't know how they do it. Yeah, man, it was fun to watch. Well, welcome aboard. Yeah. Will you watch tonight when Saskelotti and Jumlango heads up for four million dollars? Maybe? Possibly? Yeah? Maybe? I don't know what else is on. They both are guaranteed six, the winner gets ten. So yeah, they're fighting tonight for four mil. Good for them. You won't watch? Maybe after watching all the last night. I don't know. I don't know. I got I got to see what you got stuff to do? Maybe such as no amathing to do? You're not going to watch the Twins? I did yet, I flip back and forth. How come you weren't texting me about baseball because you'd rather me text you about twenty sixteen? That's that is like, that's the Chris Hockey hell version. If you were texting me about baseball and told me that Dave Matthew saxophone player was on the broadcast talking Twins Royals, he's.
Speaker 5: Dead, that would be unbelievable. Would I would text everybody that he's dead. He's been dead for about fifteen years.
Speaker 1: No kidding, get a new one. They have a new one. Oh okay, well then I mean the current one. Oh yeah, no, I don't even know if i'd care about that. Let's see, and you've checked out of your band? No I haven't. Are you looking for the name of the current saxophone player. Oh it's uh Muhammad, Yeah, yeah, it's bon Queisha Mohammad bon Cusha. Yeah, he could rip on the sack.
Speaker 5: So that guy died in twenty two thousand and eight, so almost twenty years a ATV.
Speaker 1: Accident on its property. Oh no kidding, slipped his ATV?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah it sucked because they like played the night before and then yeah, they went on they played the day he died without it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is it too sooner? Can I do a joke? Do it?
Speaker 5: Who's going to be offended? I meant his family, But if his family's listening, Hello.
Speaker 1: His family's listening, he's gonna hate this joke. We'll just say it. The next night, did on the setlist? Did they they played crash or did they skip it? I mean they might have skipped it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I think they played tub thump, beat and stick and scene.
Speaker 1: Well anyway, welcome aboard. Yeah, man back. Do you watch the last night?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, your guy's very good. You go to Costco yesterday? Hawk? Nope, No, I lost that beat.
Speaker 2: I couldn't even get myself to do it, even for a nice set of boobs. Couldn't give myself to do it. Yeah, I figured there might be boobs other play. I was wrong.
Speaker 1: But you looked all over the Upper Midwest.
Speaker 2: I looked. I did. I. I kept my head on a swivel, and uh, I saw some good ones, you know, but I I didn't. I couldn't get myself to go to to my personal Vietnam. There's the parking lot of Costco. Couldn't do it. Couldn't do it. There's always tomorrow, which is today, I guess technically, so maybe we'll give it a shot.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, the day is young.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lots of time.
Speaker 2: Any any football stuff yesterday that you guys had your eyes on, anything anything big happened yesterday?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is it?
Speaker 5: This just popped up and I heard from another friend of mine, you weren't there yesterday, hawk, were you?
Speaker 2: No? I'm going today.
Speaker 5: There was somebody booing and yelling at JJ McCarthy from like one of the VIP tents about how bad he is?
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, good point. He kept people kept groaning insane, He's terrible. My god? Is that not? Though? The hot rummer so far is that he is just struggling like crazy.
Speaker 5: From multiple people i've talked to, he the word. I've heard his gun shy, that he looks like, uh, afraid to fail, afraid to fail, and like he just got there and doesn't really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've heard it's it's not very good.
Speaker 5: But the other guy, I don't think other than Saturday, I don't think the other guy is having this like miraculous camp either. But the guy that they drafted tenth overall, I don't think is having a good camp at all, and they're back in pads today today.
Speaker 1: They have tomorrow off.
Speaker 5: From what I was told from a couple of great sources, today's a big day for the quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, people tell you a lot of stuff. Well, I'm likable. Yeah, that's why you get information. You're supervement. Right, You're on the toilet and people are texting you inside information all the time. Yeah. How many minutes a day do you believe you're on the toilet on average? Like today's a Wednesday, right, I mean we.
Speaker 2: Keep track of it today.
Speaker 1: Please keep track of it today and then and then. Also, I would like you to chart. That's chart ch art. I'd like you to chart what percentage of your toilet time you're getting information from local sources?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because if you chart, though, they don't listen the amount of time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so chart. I don't know. I mean I could brew one up today. That would take me. I'm not asking you to brew one up. I want you to do whatever you're normally doing normal routine ten minutes total today. I mean, I don't even know.
Speaker 5: If I'm not on I don't I I do a lot of things quickly.
Speaker 1: One of them I dump pretty quickly. I'm in and out of there, then, aren't you? Isn't that your time to get information? Scoop and pooping?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: You're getting texts?
Speaker 2: I just heard one. Yeah, just came through. When you hear that, dang, do you that's yourself?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: At? It's like Pavlovian like you can't just come out.
Speaker 1: I just pooped everywhere.
Speaker 2: Good for you, good bragging.
Speaker 1: I just we'll get some inside sources today about j J McCarty. Do you have a bunch of good inside sources? You always do it, But that's incredible.
Speaker 2: You like you and you you will drive all the way down there and do a show and then not stay for practice.
Speaker 1: Well, my wife had to work. I had to go get the kid.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a great excuse. I mean that's the I mean, that's the excuse that never quits working.
Speaker 1: Until there about four.
Speaker 5: It's wife had to work. Now he can keep doing it, brother, Yeah, no, I didn't. I saw the one thing that I'm not supposed to talk about on the air. You saw the.
Speaker 1: One thing you're not supposed to talk about on the air.
Speaker 2: Now, I know what it is. I know what is it.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you off the air that I didn't sign the NDA. That's what's in our workday file that we haven't signed in months. It's it's the NDA about abbits, John, would we call it?
Speaker 2: Mister Vain?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Did you listen to yesterday?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did you really?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How many times? Just once? Yes? I did.
Speaker 5: I want I went home and you know, the one word to get the speaker to talk. I don't want to say it because if I do say it, that everybody's gonna be listening to mister Vain. And I listened to it real loudly with uh probably about eleven thirty.
Speaker 1: Yesterday it was Louis O. No, he was him and my wife would.
Speaker 2: For a walk Louis have to work yesterday?
Speaker 1: No, he did not know he went He's uh no.
Speaker 2: Do you go walk by himself just to get away from me?
Speaker 1: Has Louis ever? Has Louis ever like truly danced? Yeah? Okay, Because I was gonna say, what if? What if? What if? Like when Forrest gum starts dancing to Elvis? Yeah, what if Louie's just standing there and he's never really cut a rug in his life and you start playing what is it? Culture beats mister Vain end and he just starts foot tapping and then thirty seconds later full on baby groove, like yeah, and you're like, man, he loves mister Vain and that's like his origin story. Yeah. Yeah, twenty years from now, he's a go go dancer in Vegas, like like Clark Griswold's daughter there for like two seconds in that movie Vegas Vacation, Paul your hands up. Yeah, she was an adult. Of course he would Chris after he goes to Costco.
Speaker 2: Man, I'll get in the back of that car and drive down the road and stand up and dance around. Got to the old Vegas signs, show everybody my meat.
Speaker 1: Vain, mister Vain, whatever your meat van.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a difference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. Yeah all right. So you think it's a big day for the quarterback whatever that means. I don't know what that means. But you think if if he quote loses again today that they might make an announcement soon or what. I just don't when is the first game is? It isn't next weekend, Saturday week from Saturday. But you know what's tomorrow? Yeah?
Speaker 2: The year, best day of the year.
Speaker 1: I can't wait it's football barely. It's football though, football man, but it's not. But I know what you mean.
Speaker 2: You got it. It's better than poker. Even no chance. Football is better than poker.
Speaker 1: I mean no chance sau I mean last night sauce for tomorrow night. Beat what you're doing. Don't do the bit, be honest last night and not do the bed last night. Be honest last night or tomorrow night. If you had to watch it every night for the rest of your life. World's here is a poker final table or Cardinals Panthers Hall of Fame game preseason Carson Beck, I believe starts for Cardinals the Cardinals, Is that right? Yeah? I think that's correct, And that picket guy starts for the Oh Kenny Pickett's on Carolina, Yes he can. Yeah. I mean, here's the thing.
Speaker 5: I love football so much that just having like the football pre game on and the music on in the background of my house is something I crave so much so that my wife says, we gotta stop putting days in front of us, Like, yeah, you're right, but I can't wait.
Speaker 1: For stop putting days in front of us, Like live in the now, right, let's not look ahead to the Hall of Fame Game. I hate to say it, Corey, it's the Hall of Fame game.
Speaker 5: I love the Hall of Fame Game because of what it represents.
Speaker 1: It means football is that much closer. Now.
Speaker 5: Next year, when maybe the Vikings are in it and Hawk and I are actually there, it's gonna be maybe the best few days of.
Speaker 1: My life, right Hockey?
Speaker 2: Amen?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because if the if the Vikings go for a certain reason, I'll probably drive my happy ass down there, Hawk and I'll cry in the in the air in the what's it called airplane?
Speaker 1: Yeah, su the press area. We'll see all you can do. You're you're so locked on, you're so excited about Tomorrow night? Is the Hall of Fame game is tomorrow night the Panthers versus Arizona. But the Hall of Fame induction ceremonies this weekend. Aim the five players going in Larry Fits that's one, Louke Keikley. Two is Drew Breed. That's three? Is it? Two people I should know? Yeah, Dusty mon No, three out of the five. Dusty, not this year. You have to be out for five years? Yeah, mister Vinitarry, mister Vaan, Yeah, who's that anamnitarian and former Vikings running back Toby Gerhart. Roger Craig, Oh sweet, he's more famous for other teams like the Niners, but Roger Craig going in as well. That's a good class man. Did you play here one year? Two years? How long did Roger Craig play? I don't know, Yeah, I don't remember here, sure, Craig, remember, I would just vote for Dusty already.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Dusty almost got in, but he missed it by one vote because Lavelle didn't vote for Dusty.
Speaker 1: Two years he played here, ninety two and ninety three. Those were the last two years of his career.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, played fifteen games in fourteen games, man, looking at it. I'm just looking at his career stats. How about this for just games played sixteen, sixteen, sixteen, sixteen, fourteen, sixteen, sixteen eleven, fifteen, fifteen fourteen, Man, Roger Craig just didn't miss time. Yeah, good for pretty good for a running back. Yeah, good for him. Not bad for a wadriped all right? Uh sauce, yes, sir.
Speaker 5: You know what's something I don't have to worry about today, my gutters.
Speaker 1: That is so true. I don't have to worry.
Speaker 5: About anything getting in them because I've gut her helmet from my friends at gutter Helmet MN dot com.
Speaker 1: You're an American treasure. Enjoy the Hall of Fame game tomorrow. All right, more of the Power Trip Morning Show. We'll cross our fingers on Parker Fox, Bax is here, Zach is here. This is the Power Tribe Morning Show on the Fan. At some point body pain may creep in and become your reality that day. But heay to.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Patrick Morning Show. Here we are. It is Wednesday. It's time for.
Speaker 1: Hell. Yeah. I love that bit. Were you playing the Order Up bit too? Order Up? Thank you? Where the hell was that? He's the first time you heard that? Yeah, that's the new open for a bit called order Up. It's great. You don't like the image? Oh?
Speaker 6: I love it? Order Guaranteed human. That guy sounds sad.
Speaker 2: Sad man.
Speaker 1: He's been working there forever. That guy's gonna throw some hands at waffle house for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he probably did last Night's why he's not feeling good. He might be working at a waffle house. Yeah, uh, left over from yesterday. And then we never got to the motors. Was injured after an Amtrak train hit a stalled vehicle in Randall, Minnesota. Sixty two year old James Progreba's vehicle stalled on the tracks on East sixth Street in Randall, Minnesota and it wouldn't start. He was able to exit the vehicle before the train hitded, but was struck by debris from the collision. Can you, I mean, how unlucky could you possibly be if you decide you're going to go around the cross thing and then your car dies right there?
Speaker 1: So if you went around the you know, train crossing thing, the bar is lower if you go around those, don't you deserve to have your car stall? Yeah? You know what I'm saying, What are you doing? You dummy? Like, if that's the case, unless you just went across the tracks and then they stalled, if the bars were down and he was like, I'm going around these, yeah, then best of luck to you, buddy. Yeah. But yeah, otherwise that's that is terrible timing.
Speaker 2: Even if even if he wasn't the wrong and went around it, your car dies right there. The Lord's done with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at that point the universe once you got ye.
Speaker 2: God, Yeah, I'll.
Speaker 6: Tell you what that guy's never even gonna jaywalk.
Speaker 1: Again, though. No, that's true. Man, I hate h I hate railroad tracks.
Speaker 2: Scary.
Speaker 1: Look, I look six ways. You know what I'm saying. Like, I go to the left, right, left, right, left right. I should get one of those stickers that says, like stop at railroad crossings. Yeah, because I just get paranoid. I don't like doing it. Yeah, Tommy as a bumper sticker that says I love trains.
Speaker 2: You say that, yeah, right right? The leftovers freaking the trains to Detroit. Staff members were injured when a train car derailed on its miniature tracks at the Zoo on Sunday. What the Zoo says No visitors were injured, Fisher said happened near the Rackham members entrance. Injuries were minor, but the train will remain close until May it cause the accident. Come on, anyone who pre purchased tickets for the right can get a full refundy case.
Speaker 1: She did.
Speaker 2: A little many train like I'm picturing the one that uh Steve Martin's writing in the Jerk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great film, great film. Yeah, should just like put one animal as an engineer for every single train ride there on that mini train and then just let him have a couple of drinks. It's the train, yeah, the quality, get hammered and drive the kids around the park, you know. Yeah, yeah, man, gott I got good ideas. Why doesn't anybody listen to me?
Speaker 2: The leftovers? A dad from Calabasas made a chilling discovery when he discovered an intruder in his kids play area. Hugo Will, Los Angeles dude found a rattlesnake hiding among his kids toys.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. A lot of people live anywhere. Yeah, don't go outside. I don't do not.
Speaker 2: Los Angeles County firefighters responded to the scene. In the California Post reports they were able to capture the snake with a grabber. Will says he shudders to think what could have happened if his kids had been there.
Speaker 1: Thanks was there not in his town calas it happened to him yet.
Speaker 2: From Madrid to Calabasas, to Juan in mexicob like demos in Tokyo City Onmido. Because I've been putting in work, give me in my life through birth. Well respected, because that's my word. And I'm sure you heard about a new kid going around. Everybody was born in this town.
Speaker 1: Anybody ridge against the machine, isn't I no, not rage?
Speaker 2: I might have left my hood. Buddy was botting us down. I hear you're going to do this amount to me. But that's all culture. That's po d Yeah, boom you come to Boom. Y did I just guess.
Speaker 1: Rage against the machine? And the answer was pod, you did mistake? I mean I guessed the e you did? You did. That's the worst guess. You're right, Yeah, but you tried.
Speaker 2: Is home to several its different species of rattlesnakes, and they will eat your kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So what South Dakota probably closest rattlesnakes to Minnesota. Correct, we have them here, do we really?
Speaker 2: We just talked about it maybe a week ago.
Speaker 1: Where are they like north like boundary waters? Where are we talking? Where are there rattlesnakes? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Because I have it. It's like, well, it popped right up on my Google search because we must have just done it. Let's see, mostly in the bluff lands and driftless area like down by Winona and such like that. Timber rattlesnake primary venomous rattlesnake in our state is listed as threatened species, and eastern Massaga historically noted and very old records near the river were considered practically absent.
Speaker 1: Good. All right, so you said near Winona.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they prefer Rocky Bluffs.
Speaker 1: Well, remind me to go nowhere near Rocky Bluffs. Yeah. Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: There's a picture right here of a guy in his family in his car looking at his window and there's a rattlesnake right there with sign of him in the fat round.
Speaker 1: You're telling me there's a guy in a car just looking at a rattlesnake when he has four perfectly good tires that could run right over that thing's head. Very good. What is he doing?
Speaker 2: He's driving a Prius. He's afraid the snake over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh buddy, snake just laughs at a prius. There it is is some run it over, run it over. Look at that thing.
Speaker 2: I know that's a big snake. Run it over a bound of state.
Speaker 1: Something forty times, forty to fifty times, that's correct. Creepers running back up, running field up.
Speaker 2: Like it's going to attack the prius. Because it feels like I got this, I got this. I can take a prio. Don't nobody think I can't take a prius.
Speaker 1: You know, like the rest of the state. It's like, I'm not going to Minneapolis. I'm scared of it. Oh boy, I'm the opposite. There's rattlesnakes out. I'm staying in the suburbs, and I'm staying in the cities, not going anywhere near one. Noa rattlesnakes chasing my prius. Much rather deal with a fent head than a rattle. Yeah, let me tell you one and the same brother, one and the same gross All right, is she man? How often do we say this? I've lived here my entire life. I know so little about the state of Minnesota. Somebody's like, hey, you ever been to so and so city. I'm like, that's here. I don't know the geography. I don't know our history. I don't know our you know, Flora, Flora and fauna. I don't know what's going on here. You don't know much.
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't Flora and Fauna like a name in the movie Animal House or No.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's a Disney movie as well, though. Hang on, I think they're both in a Disney movie as well. Oh uh, hang on it Sleeping Beauty. Yeah, the two of the fairies. Oh, that's right there you go, and Mayweather I and Temmy is there? No, there was only three fairies.
Speaker 2: Well, oh, by the way that I fixed your mic. You're on now if you want to talk. Sorry, Hi, everybody, they had everybody. They had somebody going through your channel yesterday.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, get out of that, Get out of my channel.
Speaker 2: Get out of his channel.
Speaker 1: They're quick touching his channel. Hi.
Speaker 2: That sauce well notes because he walked in on me that was eating some of the Chinese food from Mystery's Big Popular Party. I was listening to my guy's show by Foot and talking about the Civil War, which I've been doing a lot, and I found the outtakes of when Ken Burns was recording in nineteen eighty seven with Shelby Foot for this documentary. Shelby Foot has been dead for a long time. He fought World War two, all kinds of I found all kinds of stuff about it. But he did mention that in passing that one of the generals for the Union side messed up so poorly at one of the battles that he was that's when they banished him to Minnesota. So I got to remember to I think he screwed up the Battle of bull Run, and it was he screwed it up so badly they sent him.
Speaker 1: They sent him to Minnesota, got relegated with the great state of Minnesota.
Speaker 2: What is said? I think it was him following I was manassas Pope was banished far from the Eastern Theater to the Department of the Northwest Minnesota, where he can did you commanded US forces? Yeah, he screwed it up so bad they sent in in Minnesota, which you know in eighteen sixty two. I can't imagine it was warm here probably even then in the death of summer.
Speaker 1: But then he started three m he did. That's right, So jokes on those guys. He was born in Louisville, Kentucky and Saucy. Because you retain a lot of information. What's three AM stand for? Again? We mentioned it within the last week. Minnesota's Minnesota. Sorry, that was a state magnetic men?
Speaker 2: Is he right?
Speaker 1: Gotcha? Core?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you thought he wouldn't remember.
Speaker 1: Dunked.
Speaker 2: He's just dunked on you. You you dunked on him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dunked and dunk. Oh you can do it, Minnesota. That is correct. Manifesting four. You cast a spell over there. I don't know, soda, manufacturing, micromanaging, minimizing, you know a lot of M words. Good for you, buddy meetspins dot com Oh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just man, you left two hard and zach Win. Oh boy, I just missed. Spin dot com was a classic go to it, go to it.
Speaker 7: I got pranked in the at school and the entire computer that I went to that website on locked down. I had to like unplug the whole desktop. It's a helicopter in penis, got it? Rotation, got it?
Speaker 1: I mean if you would have said, take a guess what an image might be to them, isn't it? I think so? Yeah, Tommy's background situation.
Speaker 2: By the way, my guy Timmy comes through for me in the movie Animal House when they went do you remember the can we dance with your girls? Saying do you guys remember that?
Speaker 6: On?
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't remember it.
Speaker 2: Fawn was the name of the girl who had died in the kiln accident, and so the guys at anam House went to her fraternity and he pretended that he was her boyfriend, and they all went on dates with him because they were sad for him. That's where Fawn came from in my mind. Oh not a Disney cartoon.
Speaker 1: But a front page sports is next. This to the Power Trip money Join the fan.
Speaker 7: From the one twenty third at Circle Resort and Casina for live broadcast, a huge anniversary party and purple football at stadium. Swim book with promo code power Trip for an exclusive room. Full details at our exclusive room, raign, I should say full details at Cafe and Dot Concept, Vegas.
Speaker 1: Man, that's right around the corner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everything's right around the corner.
Speaker 1: It sounds like your wife said, live for today. Yeah, stop looking for tomorrow. Hawks, Daddy and I go three weeks from today. We do no worry about today August fifth, Okay, got nothing to worry about? Yeah, ok from paid sports, it's.
Speaker 2: The time for front page sports.
Speaker 6: Time now for front paid sports presented by Holiday Station Stares.
Speaker 1: Holiday Station Stares, Hold that pot, Please don't be a bit. Mountain Dew four Mountain Dew twenty ouncers for just eight bucks. More flavor, more do more value at Holiday with Mountain Dew, big flavor and ice cold refreshment. Deal worth grabbing if you ask me at Holiday Hell, yeah, who get to Mountain Dew, ma'am? Cold Mountain Dew, Whales and make sure you say ma'am if you see somebody nice behind the counter, right, thank you, ma'am. This lovely mountain dew. Yeah, you guys think the word mam is offensive to like younger ladies, I'm sure only up here. I feel like it's a very common thing down healthy. Shake that healthy, But.
Speaker 7: My god, you.
Speaker 2: Was so warm.
Speaker 1: Man. He screamed that into a micro a big healthy healthy. You were sat healthy healthy. But yeah, do you like your ladies them? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You said that you're also healthy.
Speaker 1: The Minnesota Twins lost to the Royals eight to two. Randy Dobnack got us again five and three hits, one run, three walks, one strikeout, looking up on your phone for the second time in like a week and change. He beat us and saws you posted it on Twitter, and you're right. He hadn't won a game in five years in the Majors until he beat the Twins like a week ago. Now he's done it twice. Yeah. Joe Ryan five and a third, seven hits, five runs, four of them earned three strikeers, looking up on your phone. Bobby wit junr back after a couple of weeks off. He had three hits and knocked in a couple of runs for in the city. Royce lewis four for four and according to ESPN, is hitting three eighty two in his last nine. So, I mean it is Royce's back. Yeah, do we need just to last a little bit longer before we feel really really good about it? He's back. Yeah, he's had some clutch hits. Yeah, we feel good. Yeah, he's not over Offensively yes, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: Defensively first base is still a work in progress. But you know he made a really nice catch last night. Uh yeah, I think he's Yeah, Joe Ryan is broken though. Yeah, he might be hurt.
Speaker 1: Man, it was not good. Well they should have traded him, like you said.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, no, go ahead, Tim. Tom Pollett said they vowed to increase the team's paper in twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 1: They vowed to du wow what he said, Well, vows can't be broken, so let's hold him to it.
Speaker 2: He's gonna rebuild fan trust and finally shut the mouth of that fat ass meats off.
Speaker 1: I know he's got a healthy but can't be broken vows.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 8: The Twins are four back of Chicago, fake that healthy button one behind Cleveland tonight at six forty in Casey again Noah Cameron for the Royals, is it?
Speaker 1: How do you say our guys last name, our new guys at Kramer smer yeah, Smith, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I just hope he doesn't do stand up Rosie, fake that healthy button you need help?
Speaker 5: Didn't Rosie say, Michael Richards is his ald my favorite stand up and he liked his his.
Speaker 1: Most recent stuff, the one you're into the crowd? Why do you say? Wrongs up? Shake?
Speaker 2: Wow, kicker, Rosie?
Speaker 1: Stop? Yeah, man, I did love Michael Richards too. How do you not love Kramer? I mean before that, before that, I'm saying, right, how do you not love that guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That's fine, we all have. We all have those nights, right, happens to the best of us, Sauce. That's why you can't just improv stand up right. You gotta don't do crowd work, right. You gotta stick to the script. Flop, sweat and tears. Just what we're doing. Richards was on your phone during Flop, Sweat and Tears. Do this snake story, do your target bit, do some raising Louis jokes, and then get off the stage. Don't just ramble. I don't good good.
Speaker 7: Marnie learned that lesson at Canterbury when we did the comedy show completely. She took a little bit two months in inspiration for Michael Richards there.
Speaker 1: Remember she did like three months of sensitivity training. That was can you do that apology tour shocking all over the Upper Midwest. Don't need a bunch of money.
Speaker 2: Remember Rosie said that he nipple sensitivity.
Speaker 6: It's okay, we're all the same team. Stop training your nipples. We're all of the safety. Come on, Mark, I mean.
Speaker 2: I speak for Saul when I say.
Speaker 1: Every time Sir mix a Lot talks, it costs. I heard five thousands.
Speaker 5: More.
Speaker 1: The Links host LA tomorrow at eight o'clock. The Links have won ten straight and a WNBA best record of twenty five and six. I just keep playing. Yeah, man, dumb question. How many games now in a WNBA season? I know it was it a year or two ago. They increased it. What do we at now? How many total games? Are we?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Fifty ish? I think so? I think it's forty four fifty next year. Okay, we're through thirty one, so we're getting close there, all right.
Speaker 6: September twenty fourth is the season finale, regular season final, No kidding.
Speaker 1: They only play in a month and almost two months they only played like thirteen more games. Damn it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It feels like a little light. Let's pick up the pace, ladies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rosie said it.
Speaker 1: Shake that. That's why he got kicked out of the Links Gamma.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I couldn't believe it. He said he thought it was America.
Speaker 1: He got kicked out. Yeah, he had a sign Rose. Come on, you guys heard Rosie's podcast? No, I don't know he had one. I mean he's been broadcasting forever. The guys have broadcast icon. So if you want to learn more about people like Mark Parrish, the common Man, Dan Cole, Justin Guard, Dave Sinecon, Mark Tackle, Terry Tuma, Mark Rosen had triple on. He had triple tea on there. Oh sure, I mean that's a huge git wow. Basically just everybody from the fans good for triple t and Hawk thought it wouldn't last a year. Yeah, I heard it. Having bread on next week talk about the Initials Invitational. Brad good for bread?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brett shake that healthy book?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I shake it? What's you Brad think? You just we'll do what really matters after this. Scores and stats around the world of sports. There's a lot of football news actually, of course, because some big signings in the mix. Hey, pewe, we have a possible Micah Parsons timeline and I'm sure your wife's very excited about. Lots to talk about between now and nine. This is the Power Trim Morning Show on the.
Speaker 7: Fan every weekdayf a end sports updates, ticket giveaways and show highlights. Follow at KFN one zero zero three on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook.
Speaker 1: And X Today.
Speaker 2: That's right, welcome back, all.
Speaker 1: Right, we got a lot to learn, lots. That's what matters. What really matters is brought to you by Ovo, Lacy and Lennons, the Legends of Lasay, doctor Mark levan Off and doctor David White, and can give you Lacy can change life. That's not hyperbole. Your life will be better. It's amazing. Well, thanks soot. All right, So I do scores and stats and I do sports news and then christas something else that's more interesting. Ready, Yeah, man Zay Flowers uh surprised a lot of people yesterday a four year, one hundred and forty million dollar deal with the Ravens, one hundred and eight million guaranteed his thirty five million dollars a year now ties him with Justin Jefferson, fourth most in the NFL. Unbelievable. Zero cents. That awesome deal musta messed up the game for the agents there. Man. JJ's deal looks like a steal. Yeah, obviously, And that's what happens when a when a when a player signs a deal and sets the market a couple years later, Yeah, people pass him, and you understand when like JSN passes him because he was next or Jamar Chase, like Zay Flowers is making the same amount of money as Justin Jefferson. I'm z Flower is a very good wide receiver. Yeah, very good. He's not great, though, thirty five million dollars a year for his Zay Flowers that's a ton sauce. J Flowers in twenty twenty four was a Pro bowler for the Baltimore Ravens, Right, Yeah, before z A Flowers, give me the names of Pro Bowl wide receivers for the Baltimore Ravens in their history. Before z A Flowers name them, I'm gonna say it's a trick question. I'm gonna say zero. Twenty nine year history of the Ravens he was the first. Yeah, wow, the nuts. Yeah, that's almost impossible. Almost impossible. But what really matters is this.
Speaker 2: The Menominee Tribe has a forest in Wisconsin that has been sustainably managed for one hundred and fifty years, and it still yields about fIF teen million board feet of timber annually. Has been recognized by the United Nations even supplied the wood foring for the Milwaukee Bucks Arena phenomena.
Speaker 1: I think I knew that. I think, uh, Garlar told me that. And I'm not kidding. We believe you.
Speaker 2: I mistake.
Speaker 1: You're not going to pull that one on us right now. You think we're gonna sit here and just believe that Garlar told you that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just feel like I let you down.
Speaker 1: No, you've never let me down, by the way. Just let's just say you were lying and he never told you that. One of the strangest lies in the history of lies. You're right, what a weird thing to be, like, I gotta make believe that. And also Marlar, Marlar might have told me. See now I already don't believe you. Your story's falling apart. Yeah, it's okay, details man, Yeah, I'm not good at that. You get pulled into an interrogation room, we would break you within three minutes. I wouldn't take you that long. Here's the thing about the accusations. Yeah, sorry, Ddy, the accusations. Lots of people have been speculating.
Speaker 2: Carlo's laughing at the radio right now.
Speaker 1: Got him? He passed away. I know, you know, Yeah, all right. I want everybody to be honest. There's four of us in this room, not including me. No, Sauce, you were just I think honest about what Garlar I told you. Yeah. Uh, raise your hand. If you know the name of Cleveland's new w nb A team they announced, they say, did you read it? I forgot Yeah?
Speaker 2: Just terribly offensive.
Speaker 1: With the sea. So I mean you read it, but you forgot it, but you didn't know it, Yeah, Zach, Yes or no? No? I have no idea idea, So Christen's ach the Cleveland Rocks. No, the Cleveland Rockers was the original name back in nineteen ninety seven. That team folded in two thousand and three, Oh, Cleveland Rockers. What's hawk going to do with all that gear? We're proudly Hey, let's see if man, I know we were going for the joke to see if one of them was going to say, like Cleveland Steamers or something. But Chris, I think you can do this. I'm very confident Chris can do this. The Cleveland team is named after a in a sense, not even in a sense a reference to the Odyssey. No, don't he can do this.
Speaker 2: Couldn't be Calypsos. That doesn't sound good.
Speaker 1: Watch you'll get it. Give him a second Cleveland to the Odyssey.
Speaker 2: Yep, Cleveland Sirens.
Speaker 1: Nail. Then there we go. Well, Cleveland Sirens.
Speaker 2: That's a good name. Actually, I kind of like that.
Speaker 1: There it is the the sixteenth WNBA team. We'll start in twenty twenty eight, the Cleveland Sirens. So I mentioned the Cleveland Rockers were an original franchise. They folded in two thousand and three. Dan Gilbert this time paid a two hundred and fifty million dollar expansion fee to get in.
Speaker 2: Wow, do you think if we said okay, for the next four minutes, Corey, I want you to act like you're in the worst agony you possibly can be in, Like in the scene. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, that's I mean, even just getting over something as simple as the self conscious nature of humanity to be acting like that in front of people, to be pretending, you know, that would be hard for the normal person to get over.
Speaker 1: But what he does in that scene fantastic, fantastic, fantastic again, repeat take. But I just the first ten minutes of that movie, I'm like, man, is Matt Damon really going to work? And by the end of it, you want to stand up, clap and go dude, well done. You deserved every accolade you got. Yea, Christopher Nolan made the right call. You're the perfect Odysseus. Well done, well played, Good luck with all of your awards. Have you speaking of you know how you mentioned Hamood last night on the WSOP broadcast, just had the best attitude about getting knocked out. Have you guys listened to Matt Damon in the last handful of months leading up to The Odyssey talking about how he got offered. I think it was Harvey Dent in the Dark Night and didn't take it, And then it was something about like always wanted to work with Christopher Nolan, and Nolan calls him about Interstellar and there's a really small part, but he's like, I just got to get into Christopher Nolan's universe. Because I just want to work with that guy so badly, and then it led him to this like essentially like he he's like I don't want to say, like a fate guy, but he is truly like whatever actor is supposed to play the role is going to be the one that gets the role. And just because you pass on a role doesn't necessarily mean that you've made the ultimate mistake, because something else might pop up. Because he has said so many times that he's financially made the biggest mistake in movie history by turning down that back end deal with Avatar. He would have been the richest deal in film history, right, he would have been unbelievably rich. But he couldn't do it because I think the Bourne ultimatum, yeah, or something like there was some kind of born overlap that. Yeah, those great movies A Matt Damon's career kicked ass. But man, after almost thirty years of kicking ass, what a what a cherry on top? The odyssey is but a really really good attitude about like not getting parts or missing parts or not getting asked to play this or this, just waiting for the right role and yeah, got the he got this one isn't.
Speaker 2: It weird that Ben Affleck and he are like best friends and they did all that stuff together, and I think I wonder if it's the j LO thing. But Ben is kind of considered a dufus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's made a lot of mistakes. Yeah, and he's picked a lot of bad parts, right, He's had some real stinkers too.
Speaker 2: When the two of them were on with Stern at the same time, didn't you get the idea listening that it was like a Damon was doing it as a thank you to Ben, like like, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, Yeah, it's like.
Speaker 2: Like they're still very good friends and and Damon like hangs around with him because they of their history, but he just seems like he's so far above him. I don't know. It's just the weirdest thing.
Speaker 1: Which is too bad because Afflecks a really smart dude. He's an interesting guy, right, and he can act. He's just had some really really bad movies. And again, everybody hates his Batman because it's it's not good, right. It's like it's like the Jared Letto factor with the Joker. It's like the Batman nobody talks about because nobody wants to acknowledge that it's even the thing, right, It's like, yeah, the other timeline seems to be the only one everybody cares about. This one's like, really, we're doing this again. I don't hate affleck though, but I told to get what you're saying.
Speaker 2: It's just weird. It seems like he's got like a dark cloud over his head where he's kind of a joke and I wonder if it's the j LO thing.
Speaker 1: It's definitely the pr stuff, right, He's had too many tabloid moments and Matt Damon's kept his head down mostly and shot of him smoking, yeah, a lot of Yeah.
Speaker 6: It is funny watching those two in interviews though, because they literally cannot help but mention the other one like they're such good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, friend, that's what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's the craziest thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah they yeah.
Speaker 6: Matt Damon, Yeah, we kind of view him more of was like a high level actor than Ben Affle.
Speaker 5: I also think it's the Jennifer Garner thing too, didn't I think he cheated on her and I don't think a lot of people have forgiven.
Speaker 2: Gave him he was Jennifer Garner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Mary loves Garter. Yeah, it wasn't he in g I mean, that's exactly movie.
Speaker 2: That's one of my favorite movies. Yeah, it makes my blood sugar pop.
Speaker 1: That's not good.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's I don't know what it means. I said.
Speaker 1: My turn of your turn. Probably think it was a sirens. We were doing the Sirens. So what really matters? Is this a virus?
Speaker 2: Deciphered in twenty twenty four revealed unknown info about Plato's last hours. A slave girl was playing music for him, and even though he was gravely ill, he spent his last moments of lucidity criticizing her performance.
Speaker 1: Come closer, I have something I have to tell you.
Speaker 2: You have absolutely no talent. What's Corey's last word?
Speaker 1: Here? Real quick? Oh well, but I'll be the only one there.
Speaker 5: By that time, you and I'll be roommates and maybe lovers, so I will be holding your hand as you faded the Hell's Hole.
Speaker 1: That's the weirdest theory that you've always had is that at some point we're going to live together and hook up. Yeah. Man, and you've always said it's gonna be like my rock Bottom. But it's like you're also part part dissipating. Why are you doing it?
Speaker 2: You're having sex.
Speaker 1: You realize right right, and you're like, that's all bad, It's gonna good for you.
Speaker 5: But I'm like, are you then also not rock bottom? Or are you just doing this as a goof to like punish me? No, this is how I get back to you for all the years of being me that you have to see me naked?
Speaker 2: Is he in a chair? Is he can and I get away from you?
Speaker 1: Have you kidnapped me?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: I'm doing this willing lady? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Am I dead?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: You and I broke up years ago. No, okay, So you're gonna get back at the Power Trip Morning show by dating all of us?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What about sax secks kind to me? So you're not gonna date him? Oh okay, you enjoyed that supposed to be You're gonna date Max? Max loves me, so you're only the people who you have problems with me?
Speaker 2: Okay, runs pretty much. That was the first thirty years of your life.
Speaker 1: Oh boy? Yeah? Great. Now ESPN's talking about Deshaun Watson and shau Dr Sanders battling to be quarterback one wstling.
Speaker 2: They talk a lot about JJ and Kyler, though they do you got to give him their due. They talk a lot about our quarterback battle too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I hope Deshaun Watson continues to fail.
Speaker 2: Of course me too.
Speaker 1: Just keep failing, and again, anybody that gives him a chance should also fail. Hope Todd Monkin fails then too.
Speaker 2: The scene in Quarterback this season where they talk about the signing of Deshaun Watson what it meant for Baker Mayfield, it's pretty interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a I love Baker, but what I'm not going to watch what they say.
Speaker 2: Baker that was doing great for him, then he got hurt and while he was recovering, they drafted Are they signed DeShawn Waite?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, so that it was the trickle down butterfly effective.
Speaker 2: I guess that'll do it. And Baker was doing great and and then he just got just got injured.
Speaker 1: Man, you know, I know this is done. But I'm telling you, man, there's something about the Browns jerseys. It just looks like failure. Like you see Baker Mayfield and a Brownsers You're like, this guy's not gonna be good. You see him in a Buccaneers jersey, like, but that guy can sling it, Yeah for sure, isn't it weird. How a jersey just because of a team's history just just exudes one thing or the other. Look at Man's cell.
Speaker 5: I know we didn't do well anywhere else, but that was bound look like a failure of the second he put the jersey on.
Speaker 1: It's weird. Man Cleveland's the armpit of America. Good luck to the sirens. More harm really matters if it is. This is the Power Trip. Wanting to join the fan, ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by Treasure Island. Good morning, we have no accidents and no delays.
Speaker 7: We'll all and make sure to listen to The Power Trip for chances to win your way in. And then, of course Friday morning we'll have the lot broadcast. No registration needed. Any biggest trip for up for grabs with the show details a camp in dot com slash q five.
Speaker 2: Maxwell two things for you, Yes, sir, remember one? Abby and I went to see Haities Town last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, there is that. It's like a musical.
Speaker 2: It's a musical that was so the original cast did it so brilliantly that they had them get back together and film it so they could release it in movie theaters. And it's the performances are you just can't even believe it. I'm gonna tell you, Max, so you should see it while it's in theaters.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I just love watching people who are really great at what they do do it as a team, and they at the end of it, you can tell like they know it's the last time they'll ever do it together, and they're very emotional at the end of it. It's it's one of the It's just it was freaking great. So I would highly encourage anybody if you like musicals, to go see that. I'd like to see it live, but you'll never see it with that cast.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: That's cool, especially when the people have the chemistry like that when they've been doing it for countless amounts of hours.
Speaker 2: The dude who has who plays Hades the Devil, you know, essentially he has the deepest voice. It's the I can't even believe the amount of talent. And that's why it's Broadway, right, like the greatest people in the world go it's just man, it's really cool. So that's number one. Number two. I just happened across Hamnet at the right time, oh man, the other day, and watched the last thirty minutes of again, there's never been a better performance by any actress ever.
Speaker 1: Ever.
Speaker 2: No, when she walks into the Globe Theater and she's pissed, why are they saying my son's name?
Speaker 1: How dare they?
Speaker 2: And then she goes the transition to watching her face when they all reach out and touch his hand. It's the scene I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean literally what.
Speaker 6: We just had this discussion what a week or two ago, go best acting, and that was the one of the first things that came to my mind.
Speaker 1: And it's not recency biased. Yeah, just I'll be living off.
Speaker 2: Of that as somebody who just respects great acting.
Speaker 1: You don't have to watch that entire movie, just the last thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: All you need to know is that they lost a child and they're devastated, and she is so pissed at her husband, Shakespeare because she thinks he's just being a London playboy and doesn't care what happened. And then she realizes that he wrote Hamlet as a tribute to their child. It's it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen on the screen. I get emotionally even thinking about it. Right now, I can't believe it her acting job. She won the Oscar because and she didn't say second Wordings. Yeah, oh, I'd encourage you to watch the last twenty moment. Yeah, it's unbelievable. All right, but I digress.
Speaker 1: All right, more of what really matters, scores and status and Chris changes your life with something else. Rock Lesner announced that he is retiring forty nine years old. He said, quote, that's it for me in the squared circle and everything else. How was Brock forty nine years forty nine? Oh my gosh, that's how old the Power Trips R I think about it. When we first had him on, he was basically just out of the uh, just starting his ww AT at the time. Maybe yeah, WWF career.
Speaker 2: I remember when he went to Louisville and Tampa to get started to train.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was an idea crazy Vikings in two thousand and four, right during the training camp preseason. Then two thousand and seven MMA. But man, one of the icons of UFC and WWE. Yeah, Rock Lessner, I'm bad sports icon.
Speaker 6: I mean was the man in ww People probably constantly told him you can't do this in real life.
Speaker 1: Went over to UFC.
Speaker 6: It became not just any divisions champion, the heavyweight champion.
Speaker 1: Yeah. How many time do you think we had him on the show back in the day in studio? Maybe?
Speaker 2: Man like three four times a year?
Speaker 1: A lot, Yeah, it was a lot early, a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was. I mean he and Star worked really close friends, and Star worked him out a lot. And then he would bring mister Perfect in and they would sit in there. And obviously we know what the big incident, but even outside of that, and then I had a foot race remember where I ran the forty yard dash against.
Speaker 1: In Bloomington Still, yeah, for sure. And then obviously it was here. It was right here when baby Face did the ball trick and Brock was get the hell out of here. Rock wanted to kill baby.
Speaker 2: Face Sable, right, I mean I remember all that, right, I just and good for Brock. Yeah, yeah, we remember when we did Gold Chevrolet Star and I did Gold Chevrolet commercials, and uh, Brock was starting a business, you know, because he wasn't sure how I was going to go in WW. So he started a side business with his brother where they were doing bedliners for trucks for Gold Chevrolet. I mean he just and then he became Brock Lesner it's the craziest thing, man, craziest thing.
Speaker 1: What matters. That is a huge bitch. Just a barrel still a unit too.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that tattoo across his back.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Anyway, let's see what I got here for you. The new Forest in southern England is nine hundred and forty seven years old. It was created as a quote new royal hunting preserve for William the Conqueror in ten seventy nine. So they planted a forest and it worked.
Speaker 1: Just for him to hunt. Yeah, I mean that's I don't know, you know, that's like saying I have a lot of acres here, I'm gonna put a pond in and then I'm gonna be the greatest fisherman you've ever seen. Yeah, you just put fish in a barrel. Man. That guy's like the what was the guy the dentist from Minnesota that shot that lion? Oh yeah, guys, yeah, that's a that's like this though. It's like you built him a forest just so we could hunt. It's come on, man, yeah, get out in nature and do it for real in a real forest. Stuff. Though. It sounds like that's a pretty big forest.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, one on one, you sound like a hoctext and bump right now, you never played the game.
Speaker 1: You're not William the Conqueror if you're just killing animals at a reserve, brilliant get out in nature. Play the game yourself, man, I'm William the Conqueror. Who are you? I'm Cliff from Red Wing.
Speaker 2: Ye oh, by the way, somebody there, Cliff from Macao texted me. I was like, Hockey, you got him.
Speaker 1: That was an actual guy named Cliff.
Speaker 6: Other people are taking a demand to the Cliff. Yeah, it's like Batman, Cliff. It's like the multiverse.
Speaker 1: Tonight heads up for four million dollars. Lucas Jumalan versus Lori Sascalotti. Jumalan would be the second youngest winner of all time at twenty two years old, and uh Sascalotti would be the first ever winner from Finland. I never saw Mighty Ducks too? Was that Iceland or Finland? That were the bad guys Iceland? Damn it? I thought we had a Mighty Ducks too rematch tonight. But the USA versus Finland Tonight in the World Series of Poker Main Event, Wow, both of them are guaranteed six million. The winner gets starts at what I think it's seven. I thought it's a night wait central time. Yeah, are you kidding me?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: That sucks. I had it in my head that it was seven nine. It said ten, son of a bitch? Are you serious? Yeah? I mean I'm watching it, But that's a late start. Its heads up. I know it could go fast, but they're both really deep. Oh yeah, Yesascalotti has like seventy something big seventy five bigs. That could be a long, long match. Damn it is it really that late? Yeah, that's the worst news I've heard all day. Oh and it's six point fifty four. Oh all right, Well, best of luck to those two lucky bastards. What really matters is this.
Speaker 2: In eight ninety three, Out for the Great made a bunch of new laws, and one of the laws was if a man unintentionally kills another man letting a tree fall on him, that tree must be given to the dead man's kinsman.
Speaker 1: Seems fair. Anybody have a problem with that? No? No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe maybe maybe it was the guy's fault, maybe didn't get out the way man.
Speaker 1: They really valued wood, they did trees man, tree fell, gotta give it to the family and kill that guy.
Speaker 2: They don't just grown.
Speaker 1: I guess I cut the tree down. There's plenty of trees. Give it to the dead guy's family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't know if I want it. If it's got Uncle Larry underneath it, that smells like Uncle Larry under the hearth.
Speaker 1: I'm this picture like a tune style, Yeah, exactly, tunes man the best.
Speaker 2: Even if it was fun making those cartoons, they're just painstaking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great question. How long did it take to make let's say, a seven minute tune cards?
Speaker 2: I bet I can find that out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is a good question, you know, back in the day when you actually had to draw it. Yeah, not just computer generated, actually draw every frame m two to three months per seven minute episodes six.
Speaker 2: To seven minute later. Yeah, yep. The production pipeline went to writing, the storyboard, writing and the storyboard, then the layout in the backgrounds, then the animation, and then in betweening and painting clean up artists smoothed out the movement and the painters applied ink and then sounded editing after that.
Speaker 1: So you'd have to have multiple animation teams yeah, yeah, working simultaneously, right, because you can't do four a year. You had to pump out a whole bunch of them.
Speaker 2: It's exactly to check this out. The assembly line schedule, Warner Brothers kept costs manageable by assigning units small teams led by the director to have out roughly eight to ten shorts per year. At any given time, a direct unit had multiple cartoons running simultaneously, one in story, one in animation, and one in Finally can paint, all.
Speaker 1: Right, so let me ask you this. Then, here's my question. Do you have one person in charge of drawing like Bugs Bunny? Or do you have every team with one animator? Because you would think, even if you have an iconic person like Bugs, wouldn't you want the same person making sure that it looks the same every time. Yeah, you'd guess every artist would be slightly different.
Speaker 6: I feel like watching those, there's definitely times that Bugs looks totally different than other times. I don't know if that's just like the overall character design, but there's definitely times where he looks different than His look evolved.
Speaker 1: He definitely evolved over the years. But I'm saying like, in a shorter time period, right, like let's say, for three or four years, does one person say like, all right, I got bugs for the foreseeable future? Or does every animation team that's working on a short have one painter or won this one that one?
Speaker 2: It says no. Individual characters did not have individual artists permanently assigned to them. Interesting Instead, characters like Bugs, Bunny and Daffy Duck were handled by an assembly line of different director led units.
Speaker 1: So think of how consistent they had to be because you got to make it look as close to the same every time as possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn, I just said to somebody the day. I don't remember what it was in reference to, but you know, of all the things that I really enjoy doing, something that I think I would love to do that I just can't do is be able to draw. That would be fun. I would like.
Speaker 1: It's never too late, right, Stern picked up painting late. Now he like crushes it. So it's a great skill.
Speaker 2: You get to be Stern's level, though, Don't you think that there's nobody to tell you you're not even good at it?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Because I've seen John Mellencamp's paintings.
Speaker 1: Are they hideous?
Speaker 2: I don't know, art man, I don't know, but you know. I look at it, I think to myself, is that good? Or do I just like it because it's John Mellencamp's Sorry John, what if he's driving along, driving along?
Speaker 1: Oh the Morning Show my favorite news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like the other day. I was talking about the Karoki stuff at Red Wing the other day and of course one of the people was a listener and I feel bad, no well and said they were all bad.
Speaker 1: Isn't it worth it? Even if he's pissed, isn't it worth it just to know that Mellencamp's listening. Yeah, I'd love it because if if he reaches out and he's like that was bs man, I've been working on my art for months and you just said it was trash sight unseen. You'd be like, so cool that you're listening, Like, we'll take it all back tomorrow, but appreciate your reaching out to be totally worth it. Thanks man. Yeah, all right, Parker Fox is here. The guy's a world traveler. We just never know where you're gonna because you're all over the world. Let's ask you about it when we get back. We'll do news in a second as well. This is the Power Trip Morning. Join the Fan from the one eight hundred ASK Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Mattress firm.
Speaker 1: Good Morning traffic slowing on ninety four eastbound