Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and I'm Demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 1: You are one of the kind hosted by Petros Papaday guests left school after sixth grade. Look at him and the voice of the Bolts not Money Smith. The answer is on money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 3: On the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: What Kate t La did.
Speaker 5: To that bear was worse than ol jed go on me you s Petro send money live on location. It is a Dja's restaurant and brew house appearance. Courtesy of Miss January. Thank you for having us.
Speaker 4: Lady you read January. We love it Here. We are at the Lady Road. He is hosting my lunch. There's nobody else.
Speaker 5: Or an early dinner if you go to Bedarly. We will be here until four o'clock, so about another fifty minutes to go before we're out of here. We'll pass it over to Clippers basketball. However, the Monabella location if you do have time to get here, before four is right off the sixty in the town center, the Monabella Town Center.
Speaker 4: Still some room for you to hang out.
Speaker 6: Lot's ticking, but not a lot of time. I mean we got there's nowhere to stand. Everybody's having a great time. I'll tell you one thing I thought about it over the break.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 6: Those bear cubs are gonna come back for revenge. They will not not euphanizing the whole family together. It was a mistake for Monrovia when they killed that bear. Shit, you got to kill the whole family. It's just like God, the Godfather. Remember the guy came back. Robert de Niro came back me and he pillaid Donandolini cooks. That's what's gonna happen at Monrovia in the cubs. The cubs are going to come back and swipe more legs.
Speaker 4: They're going to get that Karen that was walking her down the leg Yeah.
Speaker 6: And that was the report was done by Jillian Smuckler, the one out in Morovia, the one we just played, the one we played the other day was Aaron Myers who did the live shot when the bear wandered out, And that's ultimately what got that bear killed and we're in.
Speaker 5: Got Jillian, what's that? Aaron got the bear killed? Aaron Myers, I.
Speaker 4: Got the bear killed.
Speaker 6: Jillian Smuckler went back out there to mierate on the on the bear's grid.
Speaker 4: I boo them, you boo them mercilessly.
Speaker 6: People are more upset about a dead bear than being just absolutely wrung dry by the state.
Speaker 4: But that's all right. You know, look, I feel bad about the bear as well.
Speaker 6: But the thing I most have said about is kt LA exploiting that death.
Speaker 4: They wanted their Bible moment. They got it.
Speaker 5: It became national news, and it drew the attention of the state government, and they decided to put that bear down. And now there's two bear cubs that don't have a mother.
Speaker 6: We're gonna come back and they're gonna make somebody pay, just like Mason Storm Steven Seagal came back.
Speaker 5: You know what's coming back and hard to kill the fanatics flag football classic and by back, it's the first ever Bemo stagium.
Speaker 4: How do you call it a classic when it's the.
Speaker 5: First one instant classic, instant classic. It's like the Plymouth Prowler one PM. I hope it's not the Plymouth pay don't. Well, it's the Prowler's way better. Saturday one pm, Historic Tournament Brady Hurts, Daniels, Barkley, Beckham, Gronk, Burrow, Logan Paul, I Show Speed your favorite YouTuber, he's my favorite and more of.
Speaker 6: The NFL's biggest supertimes. I just leave the I Show Speed show Roland. I leave just so he gets the views. Elite global athletes.
Speaker 5: Nobody deserves them more, and they're all trying to unseat the USA flag football national team that has won the championship five years in a row.
Speaker 6: Although if you're fast, I guess that's like more of a qualification than most YouTube people have.
Speaker 4: Right, at least he does something. He shows speed?
Speaker 5: Is that what it is? That's not just his name. He knows he's really fast. Yeah, our young people know. Okay, the event is brought to you by Fanatics Studios. Get your tickets now at ticketmaster dot com. Gettings are but thirty five bucks. So check that out. Happening here in our town on Saturday.
Speaker 6: What do you think happens when I Show Speed starts to lose some of that speed? Do you think he speeds up his videos like a Charlie Chaplin movie.
Speaker 5: Not a bad idea, so people start to call bs on it. Not a bad idea at all.
Speaker 4: All right, it's time for the word of the day.
Speaker 2: He's worried the word of the day.
Speaker 6: Today's word of the day is poodle babebull. Have you guys heard about poodle bayball? All right, listen. I know this is a Mexican American town, and I know it's a Dodger town, yes, but the Dodgers aren't the only team in the world that Mexican people root for, and Latinos they're not.
Speaker 4: This is evidenced by the New City.
Speaker 6: Connect uniform that came out today for the San Francisco he Gante.
Speaker 4: Big booze. Man.
Speaker 5: First you got Bear Death, Now you got Giants news really playing in the crowd.
Speaker 2: Pee listen to them.
Speaker 6: Listen, the Giants are a real baseball team, and you guys are gonna have to accept that. They don't like it, man, And you know what, they don't like it, there's a lot of Mexicans that do like them.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 6: When I first saw the New City Connect Jersey, I thought, Wow, they're trying to be like Greek because they have a Greek key, you know, on there they do, and of course the Giants. The original name the Giants is a Greek mythological name back to the Titans who fought the gods of Olympus. So that you know, I thought maybe that was it. Okay, No, it's an az tech thing. They're trying to take the steal the Dodgers Mexican American fans.
Speaker 4: Their new thing is that will never happened.
Speaker 6: Get them, Smasher, no chance. So their new thing is called Bay like the Bay Ball is their new thing. Okay, guys, this is their mark. Do you want to hear they had an old Latino player from the Giants, the Hegantes also known as the Gigagantes, come on and h Sergio Romo, who is of a darker hue than me, came on and uh he told us about the Mexicans in the Bay and why they have their new special lo Hegantes uniforms.
Speaker 4: Let's let's hear.
Speaker 2: It's not just how to watch the game.
Speaker 3: That's where the game is played with identity flu That's how we live it, that's how we love it, how we refuse to leave any any any dream half play in the Bay. Baseball is more than just a sport. Let's look at Lata who hast sound shock, every clap, every chance, every bottles he got this pottle bay ball is showing up loud every night like it's game set yea from.
Speaker 2: San Francisco to San Jose to the East Bay. Our stories to turn every home game into something bigger.
Speaker 3: That's why this jersey carries one word.
Speaker 2: He gonz this is pootle bay ball.
Speaker 6: He gone, I just saw three Dodger fans take their Dodger hats off and get online to fanatics.
Speaker 7: Pole Baba, bootle Mamo, bootle Babe, bootle Mamo, bootle bay.
Speaker 6: Imagine being like a marketing guy at San Francisco, like, look, hey, real, I got those Latinos going down south. We've got to got something going up here. Let's get our Latinos going with poodle.
Speaker 7: Babol pootle Babe, bootle Mamo, bootle Babe, bootle babe, bottle Babe. This is the greatest thing ever bootle Babe, boot o babe, bottle babel.
Speaker 4: Bayball.
Speaker 7: But it's like a Latino guy going memo bootle baba.
Speaker 4: So and they're like, wow, wow, I find it offensive. In Patriot Oh please, I do. I am offended as a white man.
Speaker 6: And y'all see the leprecauns Oh yeah, yeah, how could you say that wearing that hat?
Speaker 5: Here's my number, the number of the day you walked me right to it. Number the day is two. It is two days past Saint Patrick's day. Yet I still wear my lepre con hat. It is now going to be Leprechaun hat week moving forward, a gift that was just bestowed upon me by the man to my left, Petros Papadeka, some five years ago, and makes an appearance once a year. But I have decided moving forward as the Leprechaun video. I should have had it queued up, but I don't think it quite does it on the audio side of things versus the visual side of things.
Speaker 4: Uh what did you do to me?
Speaker 1: Bert?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you just blew my ear out? Do you have another steak? Anybody see the Leprechaun?
Speaker 6: Say?
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly right, Matt, live on for all of eternity, may leper Con continue. We watched it last night. Hanna showed it to my mother in law. She didn't quite understand the video. Found don't be alarmed. This is a special lepre Kahn tool. I was given by my.
Speaker 4: Green exactly right in a tactical vest.
Speaker 6: You guys, ever seen the Leprechaun video on YouTube? There's some place there's a city it find it. There's a city in Memphis where they're like, there's a leprechaun and that lives in a tree. It's a predominantly urban style city, and everybody wants the gold and uh that the hat that Matt's wearing.
Speaker 5: The sketch, it's the the artists, the artist's sketch from the eyewitness account of what the Leprechaun looks like.
Speaker 4: That's what they do here.
Speaker 1: Here, it is here, it is Curiosity leads to large crowds in Mobile's criton community media, bring binoculars, cancuarders, even phones to take pictures to me and the like a levelcond to me, I gotta to look up a bit of tree.
Speaker 4: Who else in the level?
Speaker 1: My witnesses say the Leprechaun only comes out at night. If you shine a light in its direction, it suddenly disappears. This cemetery sketch resembles what many of you say the Leprachaun looks like. Others find it hard to believe and have come up with their own theories and explanations for the end.
Speaker 4: Of the crack. The theory this is casting a shadow shadow. The other limb could be a blacket.
Speaker 5: Did that holds it?
Speaker 1: The round?
Speaker 4: Stuff up in a tree and play a lepric don't get down to the bottom of this yest it on there.
Speaker 6: God, don't feel a friend.
Speaker 4: Don't be afraid man.
Speaker 1: This guy helping to direct traffic says he's prepared for his encounter with the leprechaun.
Speaker 4: He suited up from head to toe. This war is all smells right here. This is a special lepricot and flute.
Speaker 7: It's been passed down from the years ago from my great great grandfather who was irish, just.
Speaker 1: Kind of help out others, just came to get lucky in hopes a pot of gold may be buried under this tree.
Speaker 4: I want to go on to back hol roof that tree. I want to know where to go. I want to go, Get me to go to go, I want to go.
Speaker 1: This is Brian Johnson NBC fifteen.
Speaker 5: News that won a Local Emmy Mobile Alabama. One of the great stories in the history of the world.
Speaker 4: There it is Local News Forever.
Speaker 2: Song of the Day Petya.
Speaker 4: The heat is on.
Speaker 8: This is our song of the day from the Alman Brothers Band because the Petros and Money shows back on your AM radio for a crunchy groove and Thursday where the heat is on with record temperatures melting the Southland, but great sports talk is keeping you cool with a live remote broadcast from the Climate Control the Bjay's Restaurant and brew House, and the wonderful suburban city of Montebello, until the Clippers interrupt the party with NBA basketball against the Pelicans from the Smoothie Kings.
Speaker 4: Center in New Orleans.
Speaker 8: And it's good to see Adam Oslin hanging out getting ready for that countdown show that begins right here at four o'clock.
Speaker 6: Thank you running everything's great here wearing a mall on the Petrosen Money Show on a five seventy La Sparks. Let's go Aggie's. We'll be right back with your dad and a live guy burnt there of the day.
Speaker 4: Give me the doll.
Speaker 1: Petros Papadakis, that money Smith. This is Petro send Money on demand.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Mantabella. What a great place to be. We love it here.
Speaker 6: I met a guy in the back who sent me a text a couple days ago. Isn't this great that he was playing golf at grant Raa Park, Okay, and he hit an errant ball and it went.
Speaker 4: Right off a horse's puzzo.
Speaker 6: Well, there's a lot of puzzo to a true story, right, true story, he said. We love being out here off the sixty. Everybody's having a great time. Thank you to Miss January, our promotions, Bert, Roddy and Kate's back in Burbank. It's been a heck of a day. Had a big thank you to the mayor Georgina Tomayo.
Speaker 5: Oh bestowed us with gifts many a gift from the city of Montabello, her city manager Raoul, and her historian Darryl was not his name, Darryl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just like the old movie. Exactly right.
Speaker 6: And we do have like two more segments, Robot only a two hour show. But seriously, it's wonderful to come somewhere new and see so many people.
Speaker 4: God bless you all.
Speaker 5: Matt, you got the Dead Guy Birthday of the Day dude, since we are on location, looked for something entertaining for our Dead Guy Birthday to day at one pass supposed to what we usually look for which is that? Bs Phil a segment Rogan and Rodney style at one point, Wow, you guys hate that more than the giant. He was the world's strongest. If you're of a certain age, you remember the Strongman competitions on ESPN two.
Speaker 4: They would come on right after aerobics.
Speaker 5: So as a young man, you know, you'd watch the aerobics and maybe some things would happen, and then you'd be like, all right, now I'm watching strong Man and I got to get to the gym.
Speaker 4: But in those strongmen competitions, what would happen?
Speaker 5: Guys would kind of move empty cars, flip tractor tires.
Speaker 4: Au logs, a cattlebell over.
Speaker 5: Our strong man today a little bit different, our dead guy. Birthday of the day. P Yeah, here we go. Sorry Ronnie, will you turn the music down just a little? Joel Rollino, Sorry, my computer died. Thankslly, I got it here. Who would have been one hundred and twenty one today? He did all of that in the nineteen twenties. He could pull fifteen hundred kilos. That was thirty two hundred pounds in his show of strength. He was born in Coney Island, one of fourteen kids. That's where the warriors were from Coney right, Italian immigrants. He was small, five foot five, one hundred and fifty pounds. He got picked on, so he trained to be a boxer and weight lifted so he could kick some of the asses of the bullies.
Speaker 4: And it worked. He went professional. His boxing name was Kid Dundee. That's a name.
Speaker 5: He traveled and fought, but it was his strong man work that got him the attention. He could move more than a ton. He could bend nails in his mouth and coins with his bare hands.
Speaker 4: I can do that.
Speaker 5: He was a regular at the Coney Island festivals, listed as the world's Strongest to show off his feats of strength.
Speaker 6: It is helpful, though, if you're from Coney Island and you're a freak, right, you don't even have to go anywhere to right there.
Speaker 4: Well, wait, you're right there.
Speaker 5: He lifted four hundred and fifty pounds with his teeth, six hundred and thirty five pounds with a contraption that attached to a single finger. He was hired as a bodyguard to the stars, and Greta Garbou made him her bodyguard. For a long time, he just wanted to be left alone when World War II rolled around, p he of course enlisted greatest generation.
Speaker 4: He's in the s he's fighting in the Pacific.
Speaker 5: I already picked up a whole tank and just god, it's funny you say that.
Speaker 4: He was awarded a silver star. Shots start so much power in that back.
Speaker 5: Three purple hearts. His commanding officer, who submitted him for the declaration, wrote this quote. Joe saw his men hurting and he injured during battle were saved by Rolino.
Speaker 4: He would run into the battlefield, grab the fallen soul.
Speaker 5: He could carry two under one arms like Forrest Gump, and two under the other.
Speaker 4: Carry Lieutenant Dan to safety.
Speaker 5: He would carry four men at the same time back behind our lines, and then would do that several times, over and over until all the wounded were brought back to safety. He didn't want the attention. He didn't like the attention he got for being a war hero. Said it was his duty and not something to be celebrated. Declimbed all interviews, public appearances. After he got back, his family sat on every birthday. He would bend quarters with his teeth. The show he could still do it, and he did it when he was one hundred and four years old, the last birthday he was alive.
Speaker 4: How about that.
Speaker 5: Good lord our man Joel Roleno exactly right, rondo of applause for that American.
Speaker 6: Hero phut O Babel. Dude, you guys are why you gotta be that way towards the Latinos of the Bay. They can't have put a baby. You guys don't know what his live living in Gilroy. Yes, hey, all right, beating out the popular comedian Field Vaughn.
Speaker 4: We are gonna do some Jamaican news today. Who sing up ross gorn Woods every day. We're gonna celebrate.
Speaker 6: Wayne Wade, Wayne Wade, not the guy that got used and abused by Lebron Dwayne Wade. Wayne Wade sixty seven today from Kingston. He went to Excelsior High School in Chelsea. Or right out of high school, he started singing for a very popular toaster.
Speaker 4: Do you know what toasting is? Yeah? You know, you dial the thing and you put the bread in there and you put it down.
Speaker 6: Some might say, but toasting is really an early version of what rap music is. It came from Jamaica, which is where rap originated, where they would play a reggae track and a dude would talk over it.
Speaker 4: Like King of Kings on, the Lord of Lunch and the conquering Lion of the Tribe of June, and luck of God like that.
Speaker 6: And he rolled with a very popular toaster who was a self produced guy, Yabby You, and he was a Jamaican sensation, but Yabby You was self produced, so it made sense, and he would use a high school kid.
Speaker 4: Wayne Wade on his tracks.
Speaker 6: Wayne made three really good reggae albums in the seventies, Black is My Color, Evil Woman, Dancing Time, and Firefire. He went on to work with other toasters like Dillinger from Cocaine in My Brain Fame, also with great producers like Joe Gibbs.
Speaker 4: Not the football coach in NASCAR Super Bowls.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 6: He also worked with Lynnville Thompson still had international hits with Epic Records in the eighties and nineties. Wayne Wade lived in the Netherlands for a while and now he lives in Miami, still touring, still doing festivals. There is always room in the world for roots reggae. This is a non dreadlocked looking roots reggae star from Jamaica, a friendly looking singer. There is no crazy, weird, offensive statue of him in Biscayne Bay in Miami, where he looks like he's passing a He's just like doing it. Looks like he's passing a stone. Have you guys seen the Dwayne Wade statue in Miami. I mean some guy was like, yeah, how that works, Let's go put.
Speaker 4: The veil on it. Let's call Dwayne and his family. He were ready. Whose idea was them?
Speaker 2: Wayne Wade?
Speaker 6: So we appreciate him and the strong man that saved everybody from World War two. Yes, we got one more segment. Raise your glasses everybody, Thank you for being here in Montabello. We'll be right now and wrap it up at the BJ's Restaurant.
Speaker 4: In brew House.
Speaker 2: This is Petro on Demand.
Speaker 6: Thank you everybody for being here at the BJ's Restaurant in brew House. A big thank you to the Mayor of Montebello Money, Georgetta Tomao. A big thank you to all of the listeners. Bert our engineer Johnny in Promotions.
Speaker 5: Oh great time, Thank you, Mateo, thank you, Dave Weish, thank you, Miss January Kent.
Speaker 4: Can't beg a dad social love them all of you people.
Speaker 5: We're all winners because we were here together for a couple hours of Monna below.
Speaker 6: No, I watch you, and thank you to Laura who came up earlier. Hello Laura, the Jean Tierney character in the back. But I do want to say this. I'm a little bit disturbed at the racism from you Latino Times, the way you treated the giants, Latinos that say puto Baymo, you guys, joh No. I want you guys to go home and look in the mirror and say, what kind of Mexican American am I.
Speaker 4: That the giants can't have the poodle Baba, can't have it, can't do it, Sally.
Speaker 6: We're not done talking about this. We're not done talking about it. Thank you, everybody, good night, everybody. Thank you.