Speaker 1: Morning, lighty, gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 2: I'm like a dog in heat.
Speaker 1: I woke up yesterday morning with us three of us to start later, please, I could never know if the day was us forward. Listen up.
Speaker 2: The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key.
Speaker 1: Demograt, super duper.
Speaker 2: That's nice. Light a goo, nito gay, Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 3: It is the twenty third day of February twenty twenty six. Good morning, everybody. Welcome to the parts of Morning Show. Good morning, It's Monday. What a weekend?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 3: How about the How about the Olympics? How much fun?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: So much to get to, including ben Ann Mussman and a cast two thousands. Here's some comedy from Neil Brennan. It's the parture of Morning Show on Monday. Let's get this thing started.
Speaker 2: Come on in. I am glad you're here.
Speaker 4: Do those figure skater girls looking they're having a good time? Not to me, they look like they're struggling. First of all, whenever they do those figure skating events, it looks like it's the first day the girls have been allowed to wear makeup and they have no idea what they're doing. And then the events again are insane where they're like spinning, and then they start spinning so fast that they turn into a hologram of themselves.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 4: They have to like stick the landing and act like they didn't just travel through time. And then they finish and they have to go sit in the booth with their kidnappers holding flowers and someone picked up from the freeway.
Speaker 2: I go, now, yes, I'm free to go. Last Olympics.
Speaker 4: I just called the FBI, like, are you missing any girls because they're ice skating.
Speaker 2: About Good Morning Show Monday at twenty three.
Speaker 1: My name is Cory gob That's Chris Hockey, that's Eats Austin. There's Zachary Halberson.
Speaker 2: We have everything.
Speaker 1: Canada has no king. I mean they have they have stuffed animals. Tim Hortons, Yeah, what time is It's a five point thirty two?
Speaker 2: It is, yes, sir, Hi, guys, hiod Morning.
Speaker 3: Let's go all right, you watch that game Good Questions.
Speaker 2: I caught it.
Speaker 1: The Man is Us Hockey.
Speaker 2: Game is what I'm talking about. We watched that.
Speaker 1: I was going through channels and I was like, oh man, this seems like an interesting thing to watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I watch the game. Good, you liked it? Yeah, great contest. No, that was that was awesome. That was epic. So no, oh my gosh, it's on.
Speaker 1: It's weird too, Like so I'm so used to like, uh, you know, the wild or the wolves, like winning a playoff series, and then it's like, okay, when's the next you know, what's the next thing now?
Speaker 2: Like you can celebrate obviously for day, but.
Speaker 1: You wake up the next day and it's like, all right, now, now we gotta worry about her white bear be winning a section final. Now we got the state tournament, and you know, it's like, actually have something that's we won. And then now it's it's done. Like I woke up this morning with anxiety. I'm like, I have to calm down.
Speaker 3: And that's how it is man for somebody like you. You got to be ready for the next thing, and you rest on your laurels. You got to move on to your next thing.
Speaker 2: And there's gonna be the thing. I'm happy and it's great. This is more anxiety. No, stop resting on laurels. Yeah, we're the champs.
Speaker 1: Laurel is nice to rest on. No, Harty's not in the picture now he's Carl. Oh little son of Carl m mm son of Carl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know what that means. Stephen Wiston junior party Carl j oh. Yeah. It was sweet. That's pretty cool. That's the most fun I've had watching a sporting event in a long long time. Yeah, long time. What were we doing. I was watching at my house having coffee. It was sweet. It was intense, it was fun, it was awesome. It was fent a lot. It was cool.
Speaker 3: Everybody in the airport in Pittsburgh went nuts. I mean, I mean you could hear it, like different bars down the hallways, just people screaming. It was it was pretty cool. It's pretty neams to be. Everybody was a community in the little, beautiful little airport of Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: Beautiful little airport. Yeah, just uh, just renovated like last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Not very big.
Speaker 3: It's like like you wouldn't expect it to be. I don't know how big a city I was thinking about. I don't know how big a city Pittsburgh is, like as far as top whatever markets, But it's not a very big airport. I would encourage you if you have to fly in and out of the East Coast. Dude, Pittsburgh, it's easy to get in and out of and it's like two hours from everywhere. It's a damn geographical.
Speaker 2: It's a great hockey town. There's that.
Speaker 1: There is that the home of Sydney Crosby, a player that did not perform for a Canada in the final because he was injured, probably a critical injury, but hey, that's part of the game. The other thing we learned is that now, sure we have some Olympic heroes. Super cool to see some Minnesota wild players be gold medalists. We also learned that now the USA Hockey world hates Nathan McKinnon. Yep, right, like he hasn't done any favors for himself in the last twenty four hours, dropping the whole well, you know, the better team didn't win, whoopsies, And the look on some of the Canadians faces, but specifically him, when he's handed that stuff animal, it's just priceless. Yeah, which that is just what are we doing giving him stuffed animals on the ice?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Just wait, if they want to take them, they can take him, or they'll zimmer them. Yeah, the I roll though it is just classic classic. People have zoomed in and slowed it down and added like Titanic music and stuff to it's just the best.
Speaker 2: He looks so bitter.
Speaker 3: What was the girl's name, MICHAELA that rolled rise or had resting bee face.
Speaker 1: Or whatever, Mikayla Maroney? Yeah, right, yeah, right, like a good man.
Speaker 3: I think what he says, if we played him ten times, we might win nine, I think is what he said.
Speaker 2: But not tonight.
Speaker 1: Tonight, there's no doubt they outplayed him for most of the end, but who cares. The final score in hockey was is all that matters?
Speaker 2: Right? And the US dodged a lot of bullets, right.
Speaker 1: We had a couple of open nets that the Canadians missed, the awesome yet unbelievably lucky save by Hella Buck When was it Tailwaukee. It's both one hundred percent not luck. In fact, that's why I think it is. It's both because he was talking about the paddle one. Yeah, no, he was tracking that puck the whole time. It was actually one of the reasons think there's any luck involved in a guy that's like saves that are like you on sports and it number one that is a goaltender. That's just like flopping around and hoping it hits them. That one, he was cracking with his eyes the entire time. That was an intentional play. That one of the reasons why it might be I think it's the best saved potentially in the history of the Olympics. And one of the best saves is not the best save in the history of How do you say now, Corey, there's no lots of the angle though, goes immediately across the crease instead of went right to the guy's stick, the goal scorer stick, and he was able.
Speaker 3: To You just won't listen, Cory follow the Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will. I will push back on that.
Speaker 1: That is skills zero percent. Yeah, where you're going with that? One hundred percent skills zero percent luck?
Speaker 2: And that one. Yes, there's a lot of staves that are.
Speaker 3: Like no, no, go, go sit in the corner, think about what you've just done.
Speaker 2: Interesting take.
Speaker 1: He's allowed to have that opinion.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean it was unbelievable. Yeah, it was unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Hella Buck and that's everybody after the game was like, Hellibuck was the MVP. Yeah, they were all dapping him up because obviously there were there were times that Canadians were absolutely peppering him with shots and he just was He was a wall.
Speaker 2: It was awesome.
Speaker 5: The second period it was basically just an offensive attack by Canada and he stopped every shot but the one right. It was outstanding. That was the goalie is the reason they won. And it was sweet how much when they were in all the line getting their gold medals and they announced everybody how much they praised him, and it was awesome. The drunken bit with the two Hughes brothers and Mike Rico and they're like, he's the reason we won.
Speaker 2: It was sweet, dude. That was all bad ass.
Speaker 3: It's one thing. I mean, I playing soccer. Goalies hard, Don't get me wrong. That's tough, man. That's a giant ball that little I don't know how they do it.
Speaker 1: I don't know how.
Speaker 3: Anybody plays goalie in any sport, but specifically in hockey.
Speaker 2: It's the most incredible. Do you see it? I have no idea, right, it's incredible.
Speaker 5: Guys stand in front of all that stuff do it as consistent as like, that's why those performances it is. It's superhuman almost because you know it's not even the big ones like that though, the big paddles save or whatever.
Speaker 2: It's just the constant little ones.
Speaker 1: I mean they he said, they peppered them and at any point you could, you know, make a slight miscalculation and that puck bounces off you and goes in or whatever.
Speaker 2: I mean, even most we.
Speaker 1: Saw before the US with a shot of uh that Bennington saved that hit the tip of his glove, that if he's a slow, just a tenth second slower, the game is over.
Speaker 2: And Brock favors that the game winning hero. So it's it was.
Speaker 1: It was. I mean, as you mentioned it talk, I mean, it's it's unbelievable how they were able to perform that consistently, both for the easy and obviously very difficult saves as well.
Speaker 3: I mean, here's what I think. I'm listen to us. You can tell me if you think you I'm wrong, but I can guarant t you, guys, if I ever broke tooth, I would expect the world to end, yeah, and stop on a dime. I want planes falling from.
Speaker 2: The sky, yes, because the engines quit.
Speaker 3: I want everybody to stop what they're doing immediately and get me to a hospital and fix me.
Speaker 2: You'd still be laying there.
Speaker 3: I can't believe I maybe I'm wrong, Maybe they were already broken teeth, and I don't know. You know what I mean, but if somebody knocks my teeth out, you win yah to have the Stanley cupp or whatever you're playing for. I don't care anymore. Fix my teeth, yep. If I have blood in my mouth, stop the internet.
Speaker 1: What's the dental plan in the NHL is it's just unbelievable. Apparently are good so funny enough coverage. Our guy Perry was getting his teeth fixed, right, this is a true story, and he had to go back in and figure out who he was gonna bill for what teeth? Like he's missing like eight teeth. He was like, well, I have to call the Islanders about this.
Speaker 3: This one.
Speaker 1: I have to called the lace on which tooth it was.
Speaker 5: You are correct, Yes, he was, because he got them all replaced, but he had to build each individual team that's outstanding. Yeah, that's a true story. Yeah that's nuts. Yeah, because they you know, it was under their insurance. So when he had to get him fixed, he had.
Speaker 1: To go through and Picky t one so somewhere, as the rest of us have dental records and X ray records, he has some kind of a map of like the bottom third tooth from the right is an islander tooth. There's a map somewhere with all of his teeth in which teams it belongs to. Yeah, that's nuts. Yeah, and he got him fixed locally. And the guy that owns the spot he gun fixed. That was like he brought like a stack of paper and to show us all or who the hell is Jack Hughes gonna bill? Then the Olympic candidates, Yeah, who does he bill? That is a great question if he cares medical stuff over there?
Speaker 3: Honestly, they would have had to stretch. You'd still be laid on the They would have been it called nine one one and get a helicopter to come get me.
Speaker 2: Keep that gold medal, give it to me later.
Speaker 1: Fix my dude, euthanize me right here. Yeah, you would have been left for death and you wouldn't have cared.
Speaker 2: Oh man.
Speaker 1: The Boldie goal was a ten out of ten. Really, yeah, I don't I don't know how he did that. And then obviously we almost had both of them. If if brock Fabers double doink doesn't bounce out.
Speaker 2: It looked like we were gonna have a couple of Wild members.
Speaker 1: Put two on the board in regulation, but alas it didn't happen, and the drama in overtime in a lot of ways was even better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what, it would really suck like to be a member of them. And I got some audio because I was thinking about this load in the audio, and to be a member of the Minnesota Wild who didn't get to play in the Olympics, it would be really hard to sit there and watch. I would think, even though your teammate and you're exceeding exceedingly happy for him, and it's a great game to watch, but you gotta just be aching that you're not on that squad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, that's why it was so tough with Jonas Brodein, who was supposed to be in the Olympics for Team SWI and then he couldn't make it because he got injured, and those everybody on that team, everybody, every hockey player wants to play for their country if they can, and unfortunately there's only twenty spots that you can use.
Speaker 2: So it sucks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how about the brock Nelson guy, did his uncle win it? Then his great great or his great grandfather is also won a gold medal. Yeah, he is like three generations of that family is one of gold medal in hockey. That's sweet. Yeah, that's outstanding.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How about the bit with the with the Johnny Gudreaus kids. Holy, he smokes. Oh, man, that victory lab with his jersey.
Speaker 5: Oh and then uh the Chuck brothers like bringing his two kiddos out.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: That was outstanding. I saw I sock. Yeah. I don't remember crying that much after a sporting event, but that was. I still crying over the broken teeth. Yeah, the teeth parts sucks. And how like just hockey is that?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just and then he wins, he wins.
Speaker 1: All the pictures are I mean, that's very stereotypical ice hockey. And man, there, I just I can't believe it. Man, gold medal, Oh, long time coming forty six years to the day. Yeah, it was sweet on. I didn't know they hadn't won it since nineteen eighty.
Speaker 2: I did not know that.
Speaker 5: I'll fully admit I didn't know that until when they started talking about I'm like, oh wow, yeah, he's right. They haven't won it since nineteen eighty. The view of the bench when he scored and Hughes chucked his helmet, his brother's looking for him. The emotions in the angles of that game were that's that was so fun to watch. I wish that was every other weekend. That would be outstanding. The Women Gold, I mean, yeah, the Women Gold was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sorry, not Parker Fox trying to start a global just with kid.
Speaker 2: People behind him.
Speaker 3: Man, that's why I send him a text on the our chat thing because are on our text chain, because it's like, that's not Parker. They must have been blanking with him the entire game because he was in their face. I mean, that guy behind him looked like he was ready to fight. It was the best ever.
Speaker 5: He almost said you will always be America's hat to Canada, but he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was pissed. Man, Wow, you are angry. Yeah, and he probably had fifteen beers in him. Well there's that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was sweet though. The whole bit was great. They won and overtime, The men won and overtime. It was awesome and just like that, the Olympics are over.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I watched the hell out of him. Yeah, I watched a ton of Olympics, that's for sure. Yeah, it was mostly awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and speaking mostly awesome, are you caught up on the Game of Thrones show?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Finished last night, dude, I.
Speaker 3: Haven't watched last night's episode yet. Five was fantastic.
Speaker 2: I was off the chart.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, dude, when he turns around in the back of his head, what yeah, I know, my goodness again.
Speaker 1: Temporarily, it was a perfect score, and it was one of two episodes in the history of television with a perfect score.
Speaker 2: And then have you seen the garbage that's happened since then? Yeah? So basically, god, how do you say it again? Oz? Whatever whatever it is?
Speaker 1: From Breaking Bad that was a perfect score, and then Night of the Seven Kingdoms from Sunday last Sunday was And now basically it's like turning into a political thing where it's like my show is better than your show. So people are flooding the reviews to try to bring each other down. It's like, what are we doing. It's just a rating of a TV show, my god, man. So people just can't let things just be. So's you got to ruin the party. So there's a bunch of vidiots that are wasting their time doing that. But anyway, Yeah, one of the better episodes of TV I've seen in a long long time, but Last Nights was much more chill, but a nice way to end it.
Speaker 3: I'm looking forward to seeing it running through from I had watched like from two all the way.
Speaker 2: To the to five yesterday.
Speaker 3: That's the biggest penis I think I've seen on TV in a very long time. The remember the old man walking out taking a peek.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's enormous cartoonish obviously that was that was that was the point.
Speaker 2: That was the point.
Speaker 3: I know he walked out there and I'm like, my god, it's a three legged man, what's going on?
Speaker 2: And that poor old gentleman he can't get a boner, he'll die Jesus and he's an old gentleman.
Speaker 1: That was the joke because Tommy. Tommy's caught up too, because he just texted me last last week when he basically binged the first five and people had asked me like, hey, is Tommy watched thron did I'm like, I don't think he has, And they're like, no, he definitely has. An otherwise we would have heard about episode two.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, springles Can down there. Yeah, good for that guy, Yeah, good for him.
Speaker 1: Bill, there's every modeler brings me the first segment of the Power Trip Morning Show. Hey, former Viking Anthony Harris on the show this morning. Are we announcing the other special guest?
Speaker 3: And you can say that she's on. We can't say anything other than.
Speaker 1: That, all right, So Belinda Jensen is going to be on the show. Yeah later as well, ben Leeber, Michael J. Musman, lots to get you between now at nine o'clock. This is the power to a morning chill on the fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, welcome back, good morning, Happy Monday.
Speaker 2: Everybody. Here we are, and here is a Jack ques Me.
Speaker 7: It's all about our country right now. I love the USA, I love my teammates. It's unbelievable, the US or hockey brotherhood.
Speaker 2: It's so strong. I'm so proud to be Americans.
Speaker 1: It's an unbelievable game by Hallibuck.
Speaker 3: He was our best player.
Speaker 7: Tonight by mile, unreal game by our team. It's just the balls he guts you win. That's American hockey right there. That's a great Canadian team.
Speaker 2: But we're USA. We're so proud to be Americans to night was all for the country.
Speaker 1: Sounds a little bit like healthy running to try to get back to Barrero show.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, sounds like he picked up smoking between the end of the game and that interview.
Speaker 1: Just the slightest breeze going through the teeth, just a little extra air again, Hawk and I would still be laying on the end of the sure.
Speaker 2: Worst I can't imagine.
Speaker 5: Didn't Perry have that story that he got two of his teeth knocked out and the nerves were exposed.
Speaker 1: To be like, Yeah, I would take the season off. Yeah, I'd never play again. Yeah, it's over for me and hurts. I love it, hair, but.
Speaker 3: Hurt.
Speaker 1: How cool for the Hughes family just in general, right, Quinn gets to be the hero and one jackets to be the hero and the other one.
Speaker 2: Almost identical fashion and.
Speaker 3: The stepbrother who played for Lithuania.
Speaker 2: Yeah he chose the team.
Speaker 1: Speaking of watching at home, I mean the have a third year brother look that plays for the Devils.
Speaker 2: But was not that's what happens if we played for the Devil. Yeah his name is Cooper Manning.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but at least at least he plays plays in the NHL.
Speaker 2: But and then Allen.
Speaker 1: Of course their mom, she plays she was the I think she's difficult to work with.
Speaker 2: No different Ellen, Oh oh no, no, this one.
Speaker 1: She's a part of the women's team, and so she won well they don't get gold medals, but she won a gold with that team, and then her watch both of her two of her boys win a gold on Sunday.
Speaker 2: I'll check that out, Zach.
Speaker 1: It's it's the number one play on Sports Center and Sports Center's top ten the game winning goal. That's pretty cool, right, number one. I mean I would the same actually, but oh that's right, all right, good for.
Speaker 5: Them, good for But if you go to ESPN dot com, it's something about how one of the players disrespected Brownie.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, whatever they're doing, whatever their cycle is. For how long a story stays at the top. It's kind of funny, like the US Canada is the main picture on ESPN dot com, but the top headline is lebron stumps for cs Brown Celtics Brown in MVP conversation. Yeah, and then they talk about the relationship and how he loves Jalen Brown but wasn't thrilled about some of the comments he had about Bronni In Summer League. It's like, for God's sake, this isn't The Real Housewives.
Speaker 2: That's the lead story. People are so tired of that. In the NBA. Yeah, that is the tears. I mean we used to.
Speaker 3: We had a boss who I'm not sure whether still works or not, who used to yell at us for not talking Vikings because he tuned in for ten minutes and heard one segment where we.
Speaker 2: Didn't talk about Vikings. Yeah you know what I mean. Yeah, yeah, the rest of the.
Speaker 3: Time, we've been talking about the Olympics. You just tuned in at the wrong time. We're talking about Lebronni or who yeah Bronni.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I fought with hockey fans with who you know, feel disrespected by ESPN and I say, oh, listen, I mean the ratings. They go by the ratings and no, but he cares about hockey in America for the most part. But they shouldn't care about it is a gross exception, like come on, you have to you can disgust. Yeah, like twenty hours later. But very few things, though, are better than playoff hockey. Yeah, very few things. The tension, it's the finality. It can be over it any second. Yep, it's just the best. Yeah, especially when they go to three on three last side. And how about you don't like it, No, not for that game, but that but that game probably should have ended in five on five. But how about the lack of effort by McDavid on that backshot or they're two to oh and they probably win the game, and then Hughes pokes that puck ahead and that's how the whole play got set up. The lack of effort by Connor McDavid, maybe the best player in the world, would have ended.
Speaker 2: That game for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kind of got caught in the middle between and he kind of laymitting to the puck and then ye, when you don't commit to the puck, you got to commit to the guy and he just kind of was no man's land and got a front row seat to uh a sever medal Yes, yeah, insane. Shout out to brock Favor too, obviously one of our own. Yep, yeah, gold medalists. Pretty cool. Yeah, it was maple Grove, baby aple Grove. So he probably has gone to that costco many times. And I know we talked about in the first segment, but like Matt Boldi's goal was increased. He split two of the top defenseman in the world and flipped it up and was able to I mean he if they don't if he doesn't score that, I don't know that game is Again, there is so the margins. In fact, they have these, uh these analytics systems now that kind of determine what the expected goals like and if you play this game a hundred times, how many goals would this team scored? How many goals woul this team score normally? I think the expected goals for Canada was just under six and for the United States was like just over one.
Speaker 2: Like and most most games, that is a dominant victory for Canada.
Speaker 1: And that's McKinnon's point, right, everybody that was watching could tell who the better team was.
Speaker 2: Who cares two to one? Go home, you dumb Canadian? Yeah, go home.
Speaker 3: And I'll be honest with you, mister McKinnon, I couldn't tell. I don't know much about hockey, right, I saw what he won. Yeah, two to one, that's what I saw.
Speaker 1: One of those expected goals that you guys didn't get was on your stick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he had a wide open that and he hit the side the side of the cage and.
Speaker 1: That. So now he's going to go back to Colorado and why they're going to play him on Thursday, and he's going to watch the Avalanche honored their Olympians and he's their their Olympic gold medalists, and he's gonna have to and then he's gonna have to watch it again and again. It's it's uh, it's interesting. Let's hope he goes home, yeah, man, yeah, yeah, well no, he's probably gonna use it from motivation and try to win a Stanley Cup again.
Speaker 3: If if if you said, what if he decides hockey eight for him?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what if he's still laying on the ground from his busted teeth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's well, he probably has yeah, I'm sure he has.
Speaker 2: Yeah a hockey, yeah, a lot of hockey. Man. I can't wait to see Quinn back here. Rock Oh man, this is so cool. And the fact that we don't have any Canadians in the locker room, thank god.
Speaker 1: Could you know causes schism Canadian hockey team players? Like yeah, like there you know animosity there. Everybody just loves each other. We're gonna everybody love everybody. Yeah, A great Jack in the moon one said that everybody love everybody, you know, elie baby, Yeah, you get it. Yeah, I'm picking up what you're putting down. Man, it's great. Don't bring me down.
Speaker 2: Great song.
Speaker 3: The woman loses all her legs after being limbs after being licked by were some of these.
Speaker 2: Uh one of these stories?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Infection? Yeah, infection sepsis yucky. Yeah, I'll shoot I should probably rush your hands.
Speaker 1: Well, I got we were when we celebrated at my buddy's house yesterday. Uh, their dog Louis blue dog. Uh, it's either bit or scratched. Uh, my buddy Chad pretty good. And then al so he got me pretty good on the side.
Speaker 2: So that freaking out man. Yeah, No, I know, blame the dog, but I'm now thinking maybe I.
Speaker 1: Should so had the dog and the dog recently went outside to go to the bathroom and walked in the dirt and maybe some peakle matter, and then scraped or scratched both you and Chad. And then did either of you lick the other one's wounds? No, you're probably okay. The licking of the wounds is probably true.
Speaker 2: But was it by the dog? Did the dog licked the ones?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I hope not.
Speaker 3: You got the dog all riled up. When dog, he's falling.
Speaker 2: Where were you scratched? I'm not blaming the dog. Was great.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a minute and Eric out of everything. We're taking the TV and everything else in that house.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's that's what friends do. Yeah, that's what friends are for. Is that what those were?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: I saw your clip of the the game winning goal of the moment, right, it was like you And then there was a bunch of people on the couch.
Speaker 2: Sure, like, who are all those? Those were friends? Is that what that is? Friends? Yeah? Yeah, how did you find all of them? Didn't look like they were real happy?
Speaker 1: They were the Canadian friends knocking teeth out?
Speaker 2: You played You.
Speaker 1: Played sports right kind of so like a lot of those I guys like my hockey teammates back in the day, no kidding, and we graduated high school together, and then we.
Speaker 2: Stay in touch. Stayed in touch. Yeah that's weird, man, that's fun. Yeah, the dogs.
Speaker 3: Licked you.
Speaker 2: I might you might get think any of those dogs like liked me. Not those Here's another story.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to read the but I'm interested how the brain knows when to stop scratching an itch never thought about that.
Speaker 2: That's brilliant.
Speaker 3: Never thought about it. Somebody sends a signal to your brain says, okay, it's good now, thank you. Where did you just keep scratching till you fall apart?
Speaker 2: I had an itch last night on the side that I was sleeping, and I was so tired. I kind of figure out if it was worth rolling over to itch it or if I could just with.
Speaker 3: All due respective. That's the laziest thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: I was literally just about to fall asleep, like I was in that like just kind of right, and I was like, oh, yeah, yeah, you're in rim mode at the end of the world as we know it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it is for Canada. Yeah, for Canada. Nice breakaway there, McDavid.
Speaker 3: Dude swallow his teeth? Did they go down his throat or were they on the ice?
Speaker 2: It's a great question.
Speaker 1: And yeah, now that's what you should have handed McKinnon instead of that stuffed animals. Just giving him Jack Hughes's tooth and say take this home you sent them. That is the keepsake I want from the exactly what's that worth?
Speaker 2: Teeth? Doc? I bet a good amount too, because he might have swallowed him.
Speaker 3: Would you do it though, is that to keep those teeth as a keepsake would search through his pecle matter.
Speaker 2: It's the question everybody wants to know, is it.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's a gold medal game. Yeah, I don't not even there's no doubt, there's not even second thoughts.
Speaker 2: That's historic.
Speaker 1: That's a historic too. Through that like it's uh, I don't know. It's the keys from the dog crap and gone in sixty seconds. Yeah, great film. Got to get those car keys back.
Speaker 2: Great film.
Speaker 1: Gotta get those fobs so good.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Nicholas Cage talks about going in sixty seconds as much as.
Speaker 2: You guys, nobody should. Front Page Sports is next.
Speaker 1: This is the power in tre Morning Show on the van.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning everybody. It's Patrick Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Lots of good news and some not so good news in the world, lots of sports going on.
Speaker 1: It was before that little music switch there, I was like, what is this supposed to be?
Speaker 2: Like, who is it supposed to be?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I felt like it could be a sped up in excess kind of vibe. Yeah, it was a little of that, maybe a little prints almost.
Speaker 2: A little Genesis, cool like organ Church, organ like testify and the get you going. That's a Corey heard and that's what it was. That's I knew. It's not a familiar. Yeah you've heard them before me now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chris mentioned it. Let's let's know it wasn't. So let's do front paid sports because yeah, there's front paid sports presented by Holiday's Stores Holiday Station Stores for a limited time, Coca Cola twenty ounce bottles three for six fifty Mix and match any flavors you wanted. Holiday Coca Cola three for six five six five six fifty six seven.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, man at Holiday Love Holiday, let it go, Holiday, good job.
Speaker 1: Let's start with the good because the bad's a really bad. The good is that the US Men won Golden Hockey two to one over Canadate in overtime. Jack Hughes with the game winner. After you lost a couple of teeth, how many do you lose? Two? What did it look? It looked like one in the bottom and then one right in the top front. Obviously the two I think you lost. There's some half ones you lost there too, So if you add up all the half tooths. First gold medal since nineteen eighty. That was the miracle on ice team forty six years ago. So for Zach Sauce and I first in our lifetime.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, that's sweet. That's when worst. It was awesome. Do you have any memories of that, Chris No, yeah, no, he was too busy getting punched by dad. Yeah, said none of that.
Speaker 1: He was like ten, But still is that when you were calling to the sex line workers told you about it, you know what?
Speaker 2: That was one of the things we discussed. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was talking about if I saw that incredible thing through the two.
Speaker 2: Hole, and I was like, hey, by the way, I'm gonna keep talking dirty to you. The US beat Russia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were just friends. You guys aren't understand. I just needed somebody to talk to.
Speaker 1: Connor Hollabuck had forty one saves for the US. Matt Boldy scored the regulation goal and it was a highlight real goal. US went eighteen for eighteen on the penalty killing the entire tournament.
Speaker 2: That's sick.
Speaker 1: No Sydney Crosby for Canada in the finals, but who cares. He got hurt against the Czech Republic. So the Camp Canadians go home with the silver. The US go home with the gold in both men's and women's hockey. Yeah, Parker Fox is going to be on this show in two days, and my sources say there's a chance that we have Taylor on this show in studio this week. Is well.
Speaker 2: Sweet. I hope she brings her gold medal my guests as she will. Yeah, we we'll have to.
Speaker 1: I'd wear it everywhere. I'd wear it to Like cub Let's transition to the sad news. Two Vikings over the weekend passed away. Former Viking wide receiver Rondell Moore died this weekend at twenty five years old from a suspected self inflicted gunshot wound. Man second round pickout of Arizona or from sorry, second round pick of Arizona in twenty twenty one from but Purdue correct yes man season ending injuries the last couple of years, a dislocated knee with Atlanta in twenty four and then a season ending knee injury with the Vikes in the preseason opener of this year, and man, it was.
Speaker 2: It was hard.
Speaker 1: Everybody reposted the video of him getting carded off. Yeah, after the injury, and he's got the towel over his face and he's like punching the cart and he's screaming, and everybody is posting about how you could basically hear him screaming from the press box in agony and in sadness, and man, that's just uh yeah, that's a heartbreaker. I don't know what else to say. It's just terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and uh yeah, was it the first play of the game? Was it a kickoff? I believe it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, a former Viking defensive back Ronyo Whittaker died at the age of forty six over the weekend. Undrafted in two thousand and three. He was with the Vikings for two seasons in six and seven. That cause of death has not been announced yet. Not sure about that one.
Speaker 3: Goodness sakes, man, awful, I know, I don't know. Yeah, obviously, just that same man. You're twenty five years old. You got a whole lot of life. Man, so many things I can't I can't imagine, man, can't imagine it. Just I know it seems like, oh, you got football, but you get so much more that, you know.
Speaker 1: On a lighter note, Twins pitcher Joe Ryan we had an injury scare over the weekend, But it sounds like it's just back inflammation. He had an MRI because they were worried about it a little bit. But he's gonna be sidelined for days, but it doesn't look like he will be affected in terms of his availability for opening day.
Speaker 3: You think they were watching in the training room, they were like examining his back and it was tight and stuff, and they were watching the NHL hockey game and like, dude got his teeth knocked out, and they just kind of side eyed him, like.
Speaker 2: Is your back hurt, bud? How's your back? A little buddy? You all right over? That guy's teeth found his bottle. That's what I figured. I mean, eventually, yes, that's the path that's gonna take him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're back. Okay, but yeah, sure, saucers. Yes right, our guy, our buddy. Now we met him for an hour and a half. He seemed lovely. Pablo Lopez out out for the year, Yeah, surgery. If Joe Ryan had been injured and out for the year.
Speaker 5: Your thoughts, it'd be terrible because both those guys are great dudes. I would have asked Lieber when he got here in fifteen minutes to pay me on the under bet already, it would be devastating. And I think one of the things about this team is we've heard over the past couple of weeks how they were in on it. I think it is a flam the water. Yeah, Framburger Baldez, the guy from Houston. And Gleeman's point has been, well, if that's true, that's fine, but we can't keep being in on these guys, Like, if you're gonna spend the thirty million or whatever it would have taken to get him, why aren't you spending like fifteen million on like Lucas Giolito, who is a free agent starting pitcher. So I don't know, it's gonna be tough, man, It's gonna be a tough go. Even with Joe Ryan hopefully healthy and hopefully the day one starter, it's gonna be a tough go for.
Speaker 1: I think the thing I thought if Ryan had been out for the year is how quickly they were going to implode in terms of like not waiting to the trade deadline, it would have been over even earlier, which means the selloff might have happened even earlier.
Speaker 5: Well, that is one hundred percent true as well, because the latest gleaming in the Geek podcast, which is outstanding, is basically like the way this is going so far with him hurt right away, and now you have to rely on young guys who were probably maybe going to be in the bullpen, and now you have to move into starting pitching. If they're five to ten to fifteen games under five hundred and June, that sell off is probably going to start. And if you ever hurt Joe Ryan and a hurt Pablo Lopez, you can still trade those guys, but their value is zero. You want a healthy if you're going to trade Joe Ryan, you want them as healthy as possible. And yeah, the sell off is probably gonna happen regardless. It's gonna be a weird season. Man, have young talent though, Man like the wrapper. The culpeper kid that they have is good. Walker Jenkins is gonna be it should be good. But man, he just don't spend any money. And the rapper, Yeah, we like young talent.
Speaker 2: Uh sports talent. I don't know why I said it like that.
Speaker 1: My god, you got an island like you talk all right, You're not that yiles.
Speaker 2: You're getting emails, you know. Now you're on a list. He was on the list before.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you were always on the list. But yeah, it would have been really bad. It's going to be a tough go anyway. They play him like a month. The season starts about a month.
Speaker 3: Hey, Corey, Yes, sir, don't you think sus is the kind of guy who take up crocheting? Didn't you see that being like making pies? Was at one point?
Speaker 1: No? And I'll tell you why, because it takes attention to detail, right, especially the learning process. I know people to get really good at that stuff, they're on autopilot, look and they don't even have to look. But I think to get good at it, you have to pay so much attention to learn that the little rhythm.
Speaker 2: And then I also don't think he has the patience to finish.
Speaker 1: A project like that because some of it that's ours right to crochet some of that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because this.
Speaker 3: Lady quit, she quit social media and started crocheting and it changed her life for the best.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my mother in law crochetes. Great point, she's very good at it. Oh yeah, good point.
Speaker 2: You should idea. Yeah, she crochets.
Speaker 3: Could she make me a doily?
Speaker 2: Probably? Yeah? Second question, what's a doily?
Speaker 5: Isn't like a doily, like a blanket at the end of the bed. That's not really a blanket.
Speaker 2: I thought it was something you put drakes on. No, that's a that's a coaster doily.
Speaker 1: A while Yeah, small ornamental matt traditionally made a cotton or linen he used to protect services from scratches, catch strips. Oh, maybe it is, or a decorative vintage charm. What is your mother in law crochet? Like blankets? She's made Louis a couple of hats, my sister a hat. Yeah, she never made any for you. What she never made anything for you?
Speaker 2: No, be honest. Are they at the good Will?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: I don't be honest. No, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with your eye? Why are you winking? I'm not winky? Interesting? What's with the thumbs down? What's wrong with that? She would see that she worked hard. I would never throw it away? Would you ever? Crochet? Is Chris right? Would you get into it? Probably not.
Speaker 5: It would keep me off my phone. That's one of the things you would hate the most. Yeah, but I think, like I think, I don't think it's it is the phone. But I also think it's I gotta be doing some with my hands. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I feel that's how I like I smoked.
Speaker 2: You don't crochet with your feet?
Speaker 1: No, no, I would if I could set a bad start, it's a really bad that's a great point. If you could learn a crochet with your feet, you could doom scroll and make onekets correct. Yeah, now that would be that's something. That's something that would be like stupid human tricks on Letterman. Yeah, watch the guy doom scroll as a crochet is a blanket, that'd be great, doily Yeah hmmm.
Speaker 5: Or if I, like on my phone, looked at what I was making, and then with my feet I crocheted it.
Speaker 2: I don't think you would do that.
Speaker 1: I think you would just read Sham's tweets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could just go back to throwing poopid people? What?
Speaker 2: Why? Why would I do that? M hmm yeah, I guess yeah. Have you ever thrown poop at somebody? Exactly?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Have you?
Speaker 2: No? Why would I? I don't know, what a weird question to ask you? Why would you ask Corey that ask me that?
Speaker 1: Come on, man, but we were talking about you. No, I don't change the subject.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not. I've not done that. You can do that instead of crushing.
Speaker 1: Did you feel bad for what was his name?
Speaker 2: Punch?
Speaker 1: Punched the Lonely Monkey that went viral?
Speaker 2: Whatever you want to do? Yeah, yeah, monkey? Wasn't that his name? I think it was. I've never heard it said out loud. That's pretty funny.
Speaker 1: The whole world fell in love with him. Man, he was getting bullied. Oh buddy, had that? He just had the stuff.
Speaker 2: What's your lonely Monkey? All you want?
Speaker 1: He had that stuffed animal monkey and then he was dragging it around the enclosure. Now now he's got to because I think Nathan McKinnon.
Speaker 2: Threw his in that enclosure as well.
Speaker 1: So Punch is kind of another friend, you guys, I'm gonna go home.
Speaker 2: Title of the Lonely Monkey, yeah a lot this week. It does sound like a euphemism, for sure. We just said out loud. I read about nine times at all.
Speaker 1: It's the cutest monk of all time. You feel terrible for him around nobody. He's got no friends. He just he just sits there and watches poker on TV and he eats chicken fingers. What a son of a bitch. Yeah, yeah, hawk, How often did you punch the lonely Monkey this weekend in a hotel room by yourself three hours.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I know the race is going on. I gotta go back to my Christian.
Speaker 1: Everybody in the Pittsburgh Airport was celebrating the hockey goal.
Speaker 2: What were you doing?
Speaker 1: What really matters is next Ben Lieber in like nine minutes. This is the power trim won't show on the fan.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back.
Speaker 1: Here we are.
Speaker 2: It's time for a That's what really matters.
Speaker 1: That's what brought to you by oh Vo Lasick and Lens. Get Lasik change your life at OVO. Thanks doctor Mark.
Speaker 3: Loving Off and to David White I think so both of you and all of you are.
Speaker 1: To thank you great people. All right over lececond Lens. The Wolves got run out of the building by the Philadelphia seventy six ers in Tyrese. Maxi won thirty five one eight. Maxi had thirty nine and had twenty eight and the loss the Wolves fall to thirty five and twenty three. Philadelphia up to thirty one and twenty six. Up next at Portland tomorrow at nine o'clock.
Speaker 3: They the Wolves need to go home tonight, punch the lonely monkey, yeah and get just hit the reset.
Speaker 2: Button, knock out a couple of teeth. That's right, play like a champ.
Speaker 5: That was a really bad loss, although the Wolves were kind of shorthanded without Nas and Rudy, but you can't get they got run over by that team who was also shorthanded.
Speaker 1: Well, what really matters is.
Speaker 2: This one more thing about it.
Speaker 3: I don't know what changed my mind though. Somebody must have said something in a press comfort or something like that, But I now catch myself watching like Aunt or somebody in the after the games when they lose a regular season game and people are like expecting them to be devis sated, and you can see in their face they want to answer it the right way, but they're thinking.
Speaker 2: It's one of eighty two games. Yeah, this isn't a playoff game.
Speaker 3: Yeah we played badly tonight. We're still going to be okay, wait till the playoffs anyway. Punch the lonely mikey monkey. Yeah after it punch? What's the update with that thing? I kind of lost track of that story. Is he is he happy now? Does he have friends now? Or is he still just sitting in the corner. Have you watched him dragging that monkey roup? Oh yeah, I think he hates that monkey. Yeah, I think he's pretended he killed it. I think people are miss reading this whole thing.
Speaker 2: So he's not lonely, that's not his like his uh security blanket.
Speaker 3: I think he shows dominance over.
Speaker 2: You're saying that's a threat.
Speaker 3: I think, like you look at me, that he thinks he's a monkey's a he's a stuffed animal killer now, but we'll keep sending him to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's animal is definitely his bitch. He just keeps pointing at it. I will cut you. You threaten me, We're going this way, bitch.
Speaker 2: Oh man.
Speaker 3: So I found on YouTube this list of fifty geological things about the state of Minnesota that I found interesting, and some of them are downright fascinating. That's what's going to be what really matters today. I watched the whole thing yesterday and I'm knocked out. I can't believe this. So let me let me find the most incredible one. Okay, here's one. This is incredible. For those of you driving this morning in the city of Evergrove Heights. Right here, one of the not far from here, not far from here, you are driving over top of a two point five mile wide meteor crater from four hundred and ninety million years ago. It was filled in by the glaciers. But they know that Invergrove Heights is the site of a two point five mile wide meteor crater from four hundred and ninety million years ago.
Speaker 2: That did some damage. How about that?
Speaker 1: So if you live in Invergrove Heights, you got to think to yourself, what are the chances that lightning strikes twice?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Right, we've run pretty hot. It's been four hundred and ninety million years since it hit last.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're on a good run here. Yeah, I think we're safe.
Speaker 1: So I gotta think you wake up saying not a bad day in Infigrove Heights.
Speaker 2: No, it's gonna be fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, it's somebody else's turn next time, probably Newport.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you wish what what did Newport ever do to you? Thing?
Speaker 1: Really is where that one guy's from? No, you know that's pretty cool though. H yeah that is net right looking up on Google maps so you can see it.
Speaker 3: No really, Okay, guys gonna say, because it did get filled in by the sediment.
Speaker 2: But by the what the sediment?
Speaker 3: The sediment?
Speaker 2: What do you think I said that.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Hey, can I ask you guys a question? Can't wait?
Speaker 3: Is it about Infgrove Heights?
Speaker 5: No, it's just a question about like the way things are covered. Why is it when the East Coast gets a snowstorm, it's like the biggest news ever.
Speaker 2: But when we like get like ten inches of snow, no one cares. I find that weird.
Speaker 5: Every time there's weather like snow weather that's going to affect anything close to New York City, They're like, this is the worst thing of all time.
Speaker 2: It might be over what are we going to do? Well?
Speaker 3: I interestingly, I do think it was like the most snow they were going to get in a very very long time. It is one of the most populous cities on the planet. Yeah, and it doesn't happen there very often, you know what I mean. Yeah, but like if they had a snowstorm in Tampa Bay, you'd expected them to, yeah, you know, to cover, right. But I understand you're just worried that we're flyer recovered. Yeah right, Yeah, you need to punch the lonely.
Speaker 5: Why do you think it is because people care about the East Coast? These coasts gets ratings there's a lot of people there that want to know what's happening in their city or town or all you're trying to say, Paul, is they don't really care about us.
Speaker 2: No, they do not, got that right, I'm with you, they do not. Yeah, punch.
Speaker 1: The NHL resumes on Wednesday, including the Colorado Avalanche going to the Utah Mammoth. And that matters because the Wild play in Colorado on Thursday at eight o'clock. So the Alvs, technically on a back to back, will take that. The Wild start the post Olympic break tied with Tampa Bay and Carolina for the second most points in the NHL with seventy eight, five behind Colorado. But again we are alone in second in the Western Conference, one point ahead of Dallas.
Speaker 2: Let's go. Yeah, it's going to be a great second half.
Speaker 1: There's Benjamin, It might be might be great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But what really matters is this hi ben Hi man. All right, here's something that's very very interesting about the state of Minnesota. No rivers flow into state of Minnesota. No major rivers flow into the state of Minnesota. In fact, they all flow out and one of them.
Speaker 2: Goes north Red River. That's right.
Speaker 3: The Red River flows north, and it's one of the few in the world that flow north, and it does, and which is part of the reason there's flooding up north a lot of times, because sometimes that north flowing river is flowing into areas where the ground is still frozen, so it cannot be absorbed, so it floods those places.
Speaker 2: Yeah, crazy, right, that's insane. It flows north? The hell is it taken?
Speaker 1: It's embarrassing. But I can barely name rivers in this state, and I've lived here in my entire life.
Speaker 2: There aren't many. I can start with the Mississippi, Yeah, the Sant Croix.
Speaker 1: The Minnesota. You're half three fourths the way there. I think, how many do we have left? I think there's only the Rum River. Yeah, we could forget well, I'm supposed to.
Speaker 2: Oh man, there's sixty five hundred natural rivers. I's gonna say, there's a lot more than you think. I would think.
Speaker 5: So flow for sixty nine thousand miles. Wasn't the beginning of the Mississippi? Like what's up in Itasca?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that bit. That's one of my bits. Do you want to hear this? Yeah, at the very mouth, the very beginning of the Mississippi River, which you know flows from here all the way down to the Gulf some of the biggest it's our It's giant, right, it's a giant waterway. At some points it's a mile wide. There's a spot in northern Minnesota where you can at the very headwaters they call it's the word I'm trying to think of. You can walk across it on rocks. It's so small where it begins. You can literally pop from rock to rock and rock across the Mississippi River.
Speaker 2: I've been there, I've done it. Yeah, you have to. Yeah, yeah, you haven't done that yet. Apparently I'm a loser. Yeah, you kind of are.
Speaker 3: I gotta go punch the lonely monkey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, also to do Yeah, I feel like that's a whole separate thing. Walker. Yes, and Shooting Star Northern Lights. Yeah, that one. Yeah you been there? Maybe, hey, nerd question, Yeah, maybe you said that the the what river goes north? The Red River? The Red River? Okay, what are the few in the world you said?
Speaker 8: Yeah, See, I thought that everything in the Southern hemisphere kind of flip flopped, like those rivers do go north, and it's the exception if they go south.
Speaker 3: Am I thinking of that wrong? No, you may be saying that right. I think I may be saying it wrong. It might be the only on our side of the world, on our side of the hemisphere.
Speaker 2: That flows away from the equator.
Speaker 3: That's a better way to say it. So yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, there you go. That's a much better way to say it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes'm I'm going to give you something now, and to cover up my mistake, I'm gonna give you another one. The oldest rock in the United States, and I'm not talking about rolling stones, isn't Morton, Minnesota. Wrap your brain around this, guys.
Speaker 2: It is so old.
Speaker 3: It is legitimately a part of the Earth's original crust. It is three point five billion years old, and it's in Morton, Minnesota.
Speaker 2: That's fascinating, right.
Speaker 3: Morton, Minnesota old frock.
Speaker 8: So we're thinking that there was some sort of volcanic explosion that.
Speaker 2: Shot it out like a.
Speaker 3: Pimple exactly, which leads me to another one. There was a volcano and look up if you want Zacho, called the Mid Continent Rift. It is a fault line that ran through Minnesota when this volcano erupted a billion years ago. It could have made such a giant, huge rift that it could have split North America in half, but for some reason it didn't. But it did create Lake Superior. Wow, the Mid Continent rift.
Speaker 2: Guys, we almost got lucky.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine if the volcano had split North America right on the Minnesota border to Wisconsin, right, Yeah, and they were our enemies across the sea?
Speaker 2: Yep? Yeah, you know what I'm saying a lot of screw bud.
Speaker 5: Yeah, then you couldn't just drive to Toma or Lacrosse or Green Bay right or your favorite spot the dells.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Do we know? Do we know?
Speaker 8: Probably nobody in this room knows if that rift had formed? How many millions of years ago? What would be the span between Minnesota Wisconsin all those years drifting apart?
Speaker 3: Great question, no, good question. Three yardsticks, like you could way smaller than you think. Are you seeing the second? Are you looking at what I'm looking at right now?
Speaker 2: A little bit?
Speaker 3: And probably that I'm on the the the Wikipedia page, and uh, pretty damn fascinating.
Speaker 2: How long ago did you say? You say?
Speaker 1: Billions?
Speaker 2: Though for that one for the volcano bit with the rift rift of a billion years ago? A billion?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like how long ago was like Pangaea. I have no idea, no idea. That's got to be in the billions as well.
Speaker 2: Right, No, you don't think company that's right.
Speaker 1: Three, that makes sense. Yeah, you're right, that doesn't make sense. You know, Hawk, we really should go out to Morton and look at this ourselves.
Speaker 2: We really should look. Do you want to go to day? You want to go to mor and you know, if we could stay up we.
Speaker 3: I mean, if we get like absorbed by we could just spend the night. I never there's a hotel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that answers your question. Right, Panga, it was two or three hundred million years ago and this is and now we are where we are. Then if you had had a drifted that one billion years ago, if that rift would have snapped us off, yeh, who's to say it could have been anywhere at this point. God we missed saw that.
Speaker 8: We probably would have collided on the other side of the world. Then who knows, we'd be like literally a whole world apart. We should go to Morton, Hawk, go touch some old rocks. Yeah, I'm in Yeah.
Speaker 3: We should geoloc geological rift in the center of North America and South central part of Northern American plate formed when the continent's core began to split in the Meso protozeroic era about one point one billion years ago. The rift failed, leaving behind thick layers of ingenous rock igneous rock.
Speaker 2: I guess is how you say that?
Speaker 3: I remember now exposed in its northern reaches, but buried beneath later sedimentary formations along most of its western eastern arms. Those arms meet at what is Lake Superior?
Speaker 2: Crazy? Ye know, insane?
Speaker 1: We need a good volcano in Minnesota again. I mean, I'm gonna disagree with you on that one. Yeah you know, No, No, I meant like a good mini golf course with lava themes. Oh yeah, you know, is lava link still a thing?
Speaker 5: You remember the show The Floor Is Lava that when like everybody watched during that, Yeah, that was pretty good, got boring after it.
Speaker 2: I never saw one episode of that, not even one. Nope. Yeah did you watch it? Card I kiddo liked it. Yeah, it's not bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, got kind of boring though, because it was like adults playing like a couch game.
Speaker 1: But yeah, think of adults playing Legends of the Hidden Temple on Nickelodeon in the nineties.
Speaker 2: That's essentially what it was.
Speaker 3: Wait till I tell you guys about the Big Bog.
Speaker 2: You know, the Big Bog is no after this break.
Speaker 1: Boss Man was a badass wrestler that account. Yeah, yeah, more with Ben Leber and the Power Tie Money too after this on the.
Speaker 2: Fan Welcome back Dart.
Speaker 3: Ben Leber is here and we have a very special guest coming in to join you today as well.
Speaker 2: Right, it sounds like it.
Speaker 1: You're guy Anthony Harris. Right, You guys cross paths at TCO from time to time, do you not.
Speaker 8: We just did this last week, all right, Yeah, last Wednesday we did a little bit of a combine preview show with Tatum Everett, and so that was the first time that we'd actually had worked together.
Speaker 2: Oh cool. Yeah, he was great. Yeah, I've heard a lot of good things about him.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever met him either, So hey, he should be here in like forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean remember, obviously I remember watching him play, but I don't think I ever crossed paths with him while he was here. I don't think who knows, well, yeah, who knows. You're gonna yeah, man, But.
Speaker 2: He'll be here in like forty five minutes. That's gonna happen one or two or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's do more of what really matters, scores and stats around the world of sports, and Crystal change your life with something else. Got that right, Benjamin, give me your Olympic breakdown.
Speaker 2: Did you watch the gold medal game?
Speaker 1: Where were you? What did you think? Two to one the Americans beat Canada in overtime? Jack Hughes the.
Speaker 2: Hero, Yeah, I played it perfectly.
Speaker 8: I did not get up right at seven o'clock to watch it, so I watched the back half of the second period and the rest of the game when I woke up.
Speaker 2: It was great. It was fantastic.
Speaker 8: I mean it was just enjoyable, enjoyable to watch, like literally one of those things where it's almost like sort of like playoff baseball, where you're watching every single pitch. Like I would get up from the couch, walk to the kitchen and just had my neck turned and like walking towards the kitchen but still watching the TV because I just didn't want to miss a single thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 8: And then little Wellsi woke up, and then he and I watched the game winner together and high fived, and then he went to go play video games.
Speaker 2: And that was it.
Speaker 1: That sounds right, Yeah, yeah, it sounds perfect. Back to the whole like seven to ten, puck drop sauce. I think I was up at about six twenty. Yes, I wish they would have started the game about thirty minutes earlier. Yes, you are correct, sir, I wish it started at like five am, like whatever was seven Ten's fine?
Speaker 2: Perfect?
Speaker 5: Seven tens great, eighth great football games are outstanding.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Make Chester the NFL game in international play everything in Europe, so we could watch it early in the morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was great. Rolled out of bed, put on some coffee, watch the game. It was sweet. It was done by like ten o'clock perfect.
Speaker 1: What really matters is this, there's all.
Speaker 3: Kinds of different landscapes in the state of Minnesota, including.
Speaker 2: The Big Bog. The Big Bog.
Speaker 3: Now, Corey, what do you know about bogs.
Speaker 2: I know the Bog of Eternal Stench was from the movie Labyrinth thing. That's exactly right. I touched it. You stunk like ass forever exactly.
Speaker 3: This big Bog is the wirelong and Minnesota State Highway seventy two in Waskish, Minnesota covers ninety four hundred and fifty nine acres and it swamps bogs and upland islands. It's basically one giant, floating, big thing of pete, not bursage eight, Pete, Papa Papa.
Speaker 2: It's now a state recreation area.
Speaker 3: And it's quite incredible because you have the big bog, which is a giant floating thing of pete, but you also have the Anoka Sand Plane, which is basically a desert in Minnesota where actually truly there's sand and cat die grow.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: What yeah, look it up, the Anoka sand Plane.
Speaker 2: Looking up? Zacho, Wait, how many square miles do you say that bog was?
Speaker 3: Let me see, let me get it is a nifty nine acres.
Speaker 2: That's a huge bit. It's a huge bog.
Speaker 5: That is a huge bog. Yeah, you've slept with a few bogs. Wade bogs, Oh lany bogs. That's oh man, that's my favorite bogs. Yeah, way more than wade.
Speaker 2: Did you say. There's a viral.
Speaker 8: Video that was going around maybe last year or year before where all these like boats, pontoons, all these recreational boats got together and pushed this bog because of this bog was was like floating into this other area. Is that this did that happen in Minnesota? Is that the same thing that we're talking about.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, because maybe maybe it was a piece of that.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. I don't know.
Speaker 3: But this one's real, real, big, a huge bitch. It's a huge bitch. The Anoka Sand Plain is a sandy valley along the Mississippi River in central Minnesota. It's a subsection of the Eastern broad Leaf Provinces, you guys will know. It is a generally a flat, sandy lake plain that includes sandy terraces along the Mississippi River formed by glacial outwashes.
Speaker 1: I love the desert boards and Mario two. Yeah, those are great, Those are fun.
Speaker 2: Those are the worst. What's wrong with those?
Speaker 1: You know? Like the quick sand factor over the cactus or the cack down Mario three or two?
Speaker 2: Well, there's it definitely isn't two. Yeah, and yeah, they're definitely better than Rainbow Roads. But yeah, I'm not not a Rainbow Road fan either. No, I don't. I don't like not having the guardrails.
Speaker 1: The new Mario card, the Mario Card world has I think ninety six different rainbow roads.
Speaker 2: There's so many options. Yeah, that's a super fun game. It sure is, It sure is. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Which was it Mario three where the sun would chase you? Yes, yeah, and just spin in a circle after you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because then you would basically race to the end and try to jump up and hit the They have to be greater than the sun. You have to be greater than the sun. Yes, are you greater than the sun? The one that shines on everyone? Shines on everyone exactly, black white. The sun does not discriminate, and it can't replace the hatred in our hearts.
Speaker 2: You know all the words.
Speaker 1: I just never have understood that. It basically that's it says, just give up. Yeah, it basically says that are we have prejudice in our hearts and the sun can't take it away. I'm like, then, what am I worried about it? It's I guess I'll just be prejudice.
Speaker 2: Just move on. The commercial says, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I used to say, don't worry. The Sun's going to explode and'sa all gonna end. Yeah, so don't worry about it anyway.
Speaker 2: Just be cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cooking, we only have like a billionaire two billionaeres left. It's almost over. Yeah, man, don't worry about it, baby, just give up to my attorney of your term.
Speaker 2: I think it's mine.
Speaker 3: You were talking about the bog Oh yeah, way bugs.
Speaker 1: The Gopher women finally lost. They lost to number eighteen Michigan State seventy five sixty one. That snaps a nine game winning streak for the Minnesota Golden Gophers. They shot just thirty three percent from the floor, six of twenty two from three.
Speaker 2: All good though, final regular season game is Sunday at.
Speaker 1: Illinois, so they have six days off at two o'clock and then then you know Big ten tournament and TAA tournament.
Speaker 5: The yeah, man selucch and Sunday, I think is uh twenty days away? Twenty for the men.
Speaker 2: That's badass. Yeah, you're a badass. But what really matters is this.
Speaker 3: The hole rust Mahoning open pit iron mind is in hibbing Minnesota open pit iron mind. That is so large it can be seen from space. We've dug such a hole in the Earth that's a huge bitch along the Massabi range that you can see it from space. Three miles in the Earth, three miles long, two miles wide, five hundred and thirty five feet deep. Established in eighteen ninety five, was one of the world's first mechanized open pit mines. You can see the Son of a Bitch from space.
Speaker 1: Wow. Look, I have a lot of good ideas and nobody listens to me that whole pit area. Right, Yeah, hear me out a water park saying I think the world needs more water parks. We make the greatest, biggest, most fantastical water park, and we bury the Wisconsin Dells. Yeah, that's and we take every economic dime from Toma and put it whatever is halfway between the Twin Cities and Hibbing and make that the gas station geographical odity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: I do love the Dells, but I would love the Dells if we were in that giant pit and Hibbing.
Speaker 2: I got twenty bucks in my wallet. If you want to start it, that's a good start.
Speaker 3: Hands, Let's start somewhere, man, question Mike.
Speaker 2: Real, I think this is a good question. What's closer? Good question? Thank you, Max.
Speaker 1: So what's closer from right here, Hibbing or the Dells. I would guess Hibbing because I think the Dells are from here. It's about three and a half four I bet Hibbing is I think six. Hibbing's farther than four hours north, three hours, fourteen minutes.
Speaker 2: There we go, Hibbing's closer. I'm here. They might be exactly the same. I can get from Plymouth to the.
Speaker 1: Dells and under four tea and miles. Yeah, the Dells are three hours twenty one miles and three hours and so it's about that's the same, the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So where would you go?
Speaker 1: I keep my money in the state of Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure. Yeah, man, I'll go look at that dirty hole. Wow, you don't ju the scary monkey or whatever. That's sure.
Speaker 3: I had to say it like that, would you go head first in the dirty hole? I'm afraid of heights? Yeah, and I guess. I guess more accurately, I'm afraid of Low's because it's so far down.
Speaker 2: What did the store do to you? I don't like tools?
Speaker 8: Okay, dumb question again. Maybe these old abandoned mines that fill up with water?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Are they safe to swim in?
Speaker 3: That's all we had back home, I know.
Speaker 2: But yeah, question is, Yeah, I realized that a lot of kids like would do it.
Speaker 8: But like, is the water technically safe or is it like really contaminated with the metals and stuff.
Speaker 2: That's a I never had a ross sewage.
Speaker 3: Take a look over here at what you know the weird shape of my dog.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like a pig's tail. It's like a hydra.
Speaker 3: I just floated face down, three heads on that thing.
Speaker 2: Sorry, some people like it.
Speaker 1: The United States Department of Labor minds safety and health from the pose extreme often fatal risks, including hidden underwater machinery, steep, slippery wall walls, dangerously cold water, and toxic contaminants. Dozens of people dying annually swimming in these according to the Bureau of Land Management.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you right now, I never thought of that. I never did, none of us.
Speaker 8: I wouldn't either, because it looks so inviting. Either you can like jump off the cliffs and all this stuff and the sides. Yeah, and the water was always like kind of clear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looked really clean. This is a glacial lake.
Speaker 1: You get in there, and it's basically a home alone traps set up underwater, just a floating toilet poop.
Speaker 8: I got a correction that that bog that I was thinking of, huh, it was technically in the brainerd Nissua area. It broke off and it was blocking a beach that they used to trade lifeguards, so they had to push it out of the way. That's pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get your.
Speaker 1: Bog out of my training. Yeah, keep your bog away, man, your bog to yourself. Yeah, stage man, lady bogs. Yeah, you know a few ladies like that.
Speaker 2: Huk.
Speaker 1: And where's Rachel Lee Cook? We've been asking for her for years? Does she ever come back to Minnesota?
Speaker 3: Come on, man, she would if you didn't talk about her all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we talk about her in lovely ways though that's true gentlemanly fashion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if it's gentlemanly. I mean, I'm sure Rosie said something real weird about her, but yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Wonder if she needs acting mentorship.
Speaker 2: So my Eterney of your term, we're talking.
Speaker 1: The go for men's basketball team beat Rutgers on Saturday, eighty to sixty one. Up next, they are at number one Michigan tomorrow, but Michigan did lose over the weekend in number three.
Speaker 2: D Can I believe?
Speaker 1: Don't the rankings change on Mondays a correct so who knows if it will be number one by the time we play tomorrow, but temporarily at least number one Michigan hosts. They go for men's basketball team tomorrow. Yeah, either way, it's gonna be like a top five team. Even if they're not number one, it's gonna be a tough game.
Speaker 2: What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 3: Here's a couple more things about that giant hole in the ground. It's partly responsible for the USA winning World War one and two and the hockey game yesterday. Really, yep, grilly, really, the hockey player needs a girl now because he ain't got a TV. Nice job, dude, Yeah, yeah, all the iron ore helped us. Whoop the Nazis, So that's cool. Also, it's responsible for the Greyhound Bus Company because the dude created Greyhound carded the workers back and forth from the mine and he said, this is a pretty good idea. I'm gonna do this everywhere, and that became Greyhound.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Greyhound is a minute company.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: The Greyhound Bus Museum is a name. I had no idea how about that.
Speaker 2: Didn't know that either.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See that's what I do with one man. Yeah that was really good. Man, Hibbing's a badass town man. You know who's from there.
Speaker 1: Pat mcalluddy, that's right, Dusty Mond, that's right too. Vin McHale, that's probably right.
Speaker 2: I don't know for sure. Bob Dylan is the one I was looking for you, right, Judy Garland? Did you know that the reason it's named Hibbing.
Speaker 3: Is because the first mining lease was awarded to Frank Hibbing in eighteen ninety one?
Speaker 1: Ever know that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: That's fast. I didn't know that, did you? Well, Frankie?
Speaker 1: All right, another good idea that nobody will listened to. We fill up the pit it freezes over in the winter, and then that is the site of the twenty thirty Winter Olympic Games, and we do Canada USA rematch on the Giant Pond in him.
Speaker 2: Being that'd be sweet. A seven game series those teams play. Yeah, the idea to me, I.
Speaker 6: Kind of like this the one game. Yeah, give us a better chance to I wanted to be seven games because you know, fuck that would be if it was seven games Canada on to one. That's true, So we just got to take the win. Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 2: And I'm not going to wake up at seven o'clock in the morning to watch a game one.
Speaker 1: Corey and I would up anyway. Yeah, I would watch it. Then seven to ten sports are the best, the best.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're the only one that he sent over there. Someone read this to you.
Speaker 2: Listen to this, okay.
Speaker 3: In nineteen twenty, the original village of Hibbing had to be legitimately picked up and moved two miles south because damn it, there's iron ore under here and we're taking it. So they literally picked it up, all the buildings and move them two miles away and re established the town. Move your ass.
Speaker 8: Yeah, hey, when you got when you got dollar bills in it there, you've been move your a yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm surprised they didn't just like raise the whole thing just like just knock everything down and be like instead of just picking up and moving, just like knock everything down and rebuilt.
Speaker 3: It seemed to be easier when they Yeah, man, let's take a trip to Hibbing broadcast live.
Speaker 2: Let's do it from the pit. Yeah, the TV show, great show. It's a dope town.
Speaker 1: The high school up there, it is amazing, is that right?
Speaker 2: Spend a lot of time.
Speaker 1: Why do you like gold buildings and stuff from buildings? Gold like old historic buildings that high school is one of those. Some National news did a story on it or something a while ago.
Speaker 2: Are you allowed near there? Yeah? Why? What did you know that? It sounds haunted? No, thank you.
Speaker 3: A house of learning and a work of art is what they call himbing high school? It's truth?
Speaker 2: How about that as well? Almost cussed for real?
Speaker 1: Yeah you did?
Speaker 3: I got real passionate.
Speaker 2: You're into it, man, it's probably in high school. Looks like something of a movie. Yeah, tickets on the Historic Places registerry or whatever I'm looking at right now. Wow, did Bob Dylan go there? It sort of looks like what house of learning did Bob Dylan go to? Yeah? I think you went to the U for like two days.
Speaker 3: You lived down in dinky Town, which is what I call your underwear.
Speaker 2: Population one. You should pick up and move. I should yet the auditorium containing Judy Dench's cousin, Paul, your hands out, Judy Dench? What does he bang? Any dame? Any dame? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wow? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Remember that movie.
Speaker 1: Is great Natasha Henstridge. Oh yeah, she basically was an alien that would just like get naked and like make out with dudes and then kill them. Yeah, it was worth watching it. Was just some screenwriter that was like, I gotta get a super hot chick naked.
Speaker 2: What's the reason to do it?
Speaker 1: It's an alien. She'll lead him like a praying mantis. When it's over, I want to be the casting director, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: That's a That's pretty much how that went, I think. And Rosie. You heard Rosie say take my money.
Speaker 3: He didn't say that.
Speaker 1: He still has fifteen ticket stuffs from that Ye movies run.
Speaker 2: He just he aimed Simpson that movie. No, he didn't even pay for that tickets.
Speaker 1: You about a ticket to clerks and just walked into Species.
Speaker 2: We'll do the news after this.
Speaker 1: Anthony Harrison like thirty minutes. Melinda Jensen later must later, what a show it's loaded. Ben Leaver's here, it's a power try.
Speaker 2: When he showed the tang