Speaker 1: And it's never ever ever happens friends. Whatever, Yeah, why don't you just let me this triple check, double check, single check dust. Yeah, there it is right there. It's a last minute message from that guy with a big ol' honking nose. Let's see what he said. A great Friday, everybody. We made our way through Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, third Thurdays, Saturdays, and Friday has a arrived. Patch yourself on the back.
Speaker 2: I forget that off, bro, Yeah, I love the sound of it completely loft. Click click click, click click click.
Speaker 1: You're feverishly tapping on the horn button and no horn sound effect coming up. There we go, Yes, everybody, it is Friday. How's everybody doing on a Friday? Good God? Are you good?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 1: Good, good, good good. I'm excited for it to be Friday. We'll have some fun today. We've got a lot of stuff to talk about, and we'll start as we always do. Let's put our ears to the ground, our fingers on the post Listee, what's happening in this great, big, wide world of ours? And we go to Martin Luther King Junior, sadly for the last time, what you I hate? He's died again? He has died again. Unfortunately to open, AI has said they will no longer allow you to make Martin Luther King Junior videos in their AI video creations. So Bob Ross still good to go. That's the interesting thing that we'll get to in just a bit. But you know, people were making all sorts of stuff. Let's listen in you today, my friends.
Speaker 4: I have a dreamsicicle and olmns Bob smooth with cream and sweet with summer.
Speaker 1: I have a dreamsicle. Is nice? I like it. I want a dreamsicle.
Speaker 2: Now I gotta find the one they used him. Remember that little boy went viral? Was like averhead something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got it, I got it. I got it for I wanted to take you on a little trip. Since they're taking it away from us. You got w W E M l K Junior? Who turns heel? You want to know the truth. I ain't got no dreams no more. I am the dream I say that. I like the announcers that I say. Oh my god, these were great and some of them were not. Some of them were a little too much. Let's see what else do we have here? Oh, this this is one. Let's see, here's another. Martin Luther King Junior AI video. You cannot get these anymore.
Speaker 4: Have you ever had a dream that you you had your you?
Speaker 1: You could you do?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 1: You want you?
Speaker 4: You could do? So you you do you could? You you want them to do you so much? You could do anything?
Speaker 1: If you don't know what that is just the record, that's uh, it's from a very very famous viral video forty he's a grown acidult now.
Speaker 6: But the dreams that you you had you you you could you do?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 1: You want you?
Speaker 6: You could do?
Speaker 1: So you you you could? You want? You want him to do you so much?
Speaker 3: You could do anything.
Speaker 1: I'm so the smile at the end, the smiler is he's like I finished the sentence, didn't do anything so good? That's what you want them to do you so much? You would do anything? Come on, weird, No, don't make it weird.
Speaker 4: I had a dream that you you had your you you could you'll do you? You want you you could do? So you you do you could? You you want them to do you so much? You could do anything.
Speaker 3: It's pretty close.
Speaker 1: Fairly. I can't do those anymore. Some of them went too far. People were making racist stuff. Uh they have Martin Luther King Junior jumping like a monkey, and some of them and screw emon. You get the point they were doing this. There was here's another one somebody did that that led to this whole thing that I'm gonna tell you about in just a moment.
Speaker 3: Here, let me see hold on you roll it back.
Speaker 4: But I have a dream that one day that seialing device in my house would stop making both beeping noise.
Speaker 1: Talking about smoke of arms. I mean, there was a lot of these, and then this one was one of the most popular, which will make sense here.
Speaker 4: I have a dream where Sarah changes its content violation policy.
Speaker 1: That was one of the more popular posts on the actual app that they made for this, and then we get a statement that says the estate of Martin Luther King Junior. King Ink and open Ai have worked together to address how Martin Luther King Junior's likeness is represented it in Sora generation like you just heard doctor Martin Luther King Juniors like this is represented. Oh sorry, some users generated disrespectful depictions of doctor King's image. So at King Ink's request, OpenAI has paused generation the generations depicting Martin Luther King Junior as it strengthens guardrails for historical figures, so right now you can't make videos with MLK Jr. And Serena brought this up like Bob Ross I was going to head into the Robin Williams direction where his daughter was like, please stop, please stop sending these videos to my father and saying like, look, how amazing this is. I don't like them. It's kind of interesting that Martin Luther King Junior, albeit he was a huge figure, obviously, he gets this sort of special situation where they pause any handling of him, and there's so many other historical figures that you can still do this stuff with. Well, it wasn't.
Speaker 7: The case that they said, hey, we're gonna let everything fly until people, you know, reach out and tell us not to. So yeah, any that Robin Williams the state you know, contacts open a eye and says, hey, shut it down.
Speaker 2: Ahead of time, because I've not seen any Robin Williams I haven't actually seen on repeat Martin Luther King Junior and Bob Ross without a doubt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of these things being made. And the weird thing is it's like, now where do the guardrails stop? Though, Like where, where is it okay? Where is it not okay? Those are really difficult questions, actually, I mean some of them are easy, Like I don't think users should be able to make racist, ridiculous stuff with Martin Luther King Junior. If it was your family member, you wouldn't want that happening either. But where do you draw the line? And that's kind of where they're wandering into with all of these, you know, celebrity visuals that they're creating that aren't real. So they said, while there are strong free speech interests in depicting historical figures, open Aye believes public figures and their family should ultimately have control over how their likeness is use. Authorized representatives or a state. Owners can request it their likeness not be used in sora cameos. So there you go.
Speaker 2: Yes, the estate makes a cameo or i'm sorry, a soil account because at that point you give everyone the permission to do so, which.
Speaker 1: Strangely enough, it is called a cameo. It's not kind of weird because we have the cameo thing, but they call it a cameo when you make.
Speaker 2: Your own, unless I'm supposed to pay for it like they have been very strict. When I try to make me Naruto running, yeah, and using that, they're like copyright, third party, can't do it.
Speaker 1: Can you say, I want me running with my arms outstretched behind me at this angle and that your butter can't? Yeah? See right, you just got to get clever with all these things. Now, that's what's happening in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 7: You can't say, show me eating an uncrustable. It has to be a crustless peanut butter and jam sandwich.
Speaker 1: True, true, folks, tell us what you think. Should they just keep this kind of stuff AI wide open, wild wild west like the early Internet. Should you be able to do anything you want on there with any figure ever, including yourself? Or should it be buttoned up like this? And should anybody be out of bounds? Let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at the newsjunkie dot com or an email tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. Speaking of those, a couple to get it started before we get into this unhinged clown attack. I don't know if you guys have seen anything about this, but this story is insane and we're gonna touch on that in just a bit. But first anonymous emails tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. Hi Sean Sabrina and Seelean a podcast listener catching up with the show. Regarding that nine year old kid having his mug shot posted, We talked about that yesterday. Florida has a very very broad interpretation and opinion of public records. Technically, by Florida State statute, even if the juvenile was arrested for a felony or a misdemeanor, the agency can post the mug shop publicly. Now the face book post for the agency. That's a little tacky in my opinion, but it might be something that's automatically public pushed to data wise, a pushed data wise to Facebook daily. Who knows. I don't think so. I think they selected that photo of that nine year old on purpose and posted it, and then they got a little bit of push back there, and I think they said at one point in time. Now I'm not positive on this, I'll have to double check, but I think they may have said it was for like community safety, like to keep the community safe, safe from.
Speaker 3: The nine year old.
Speaker 1: And I just really think that they probably posted it because it was a nine year old kid in a mugshot, and that's something that's interesting and different that they know is going to get interactions. Also, a few weeks ago, somebody mentioned the fact that juvenile juvenile arrests drop out of the system. That's not true in the state of Florida. I could speak for the agency that I work for, says Anonymous. A good amount of juvenile arrests are misdemeanors. Those are not typically made public when they are still in the record. I hope you all have a great weekend. Love you lots to listen every day, says Anonymous. Thank you appreciate the email. One more on the Hey Sean, I'm behind the stream. Somebody may have mentioned this, the nine year old kid who's mugshot. I think the sheriff maybe going the Japan route got bam Japan route Japan and wanting to bring great shame on him and his family. My wife and I are extremely present with our two kids, and I would be mortified.
Speaker 3: If one of them ended up in this position.
Speaker 1: It could only be worse if somehow his parents or parents saw it as a badge of honor, but that would probably explain how he ended up there in the first place. Have a good one, says Jason, Thank you, Jason, just love.
Speaker 2: I'm like flying the wall that Jason's typing up this email as his kids are screaming at him, like, why would you play with that?
Speaker 8: Dad?
Speaker 1: Yeah, at Jason, from what you're telling me, I'm just going off of what you're telling me here. From what you're telling me, I would find it very very very rare that a kid that gets attention like you're saying your kid gets would act this way. Would your kid wouldn't be the nine year old that got arrested for pulling out a knife at school and threatening to stab people and stuff. It just doesn't generally happen that way. There are edge cases where good parents have bad kids, but mostly mostly it is the case that the parents suck.
Speaker 3: It just happens far too often.
Speaker 1: When we come back, a clown attacks a home in the most unbelievable story I've seen all week. It's very very terrifying, honestly, and they don't know exactly what's going on here just yet. So we're going to figure it out together and you'll hear what happened that is coming up next in the news. Chunkie, I don't know what I would do in this circumstance, but I think I would be terrified. And I want you to tell me if you think this family is overreacting, because I know that it is getting close ish to Halloween, but it certainly is not Halloween. Okay, it is not Halloween yet. And this story freaked me out. I know that. So if that happened at my house, I would be definitely reacting in a similar way. But there's a video that's going viral this weekend of these folks's family in Virginia and they said they were terrorized by these these people, including this terrifying clown that visited their house. And it sounds like a movie or something.
Speaker 2: It does, and a thousand percent not a we're going to fake this to go viral, not.
Speaker 1: As far as I know. There's police investigating right now, and they said it was a break in attempt and it's all very crazy and scary. But let's take a look at what happened here. Here it is This is the security footage. I guess there is some audio on this that is that's Michael Myers, the first person around the hell no, what was Michael Myers? And then he fell back into line with two other people in costumes. Keep in mind it's not Halloween. Okay, why are you doing this? What's going on here?
Speaker 2: And very brightly lit strelle?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean there's almost some alarm bells going on here at how like this is framed? You know what I mean? Like the framing that there's a lot of things. Okay, the family do they answer the door?
Speaker 9: This?
Speaker 3: There's something not right here.
Speaker 1: It says the story from from media. It says terrifying clown leads masked trio threatening to kill family and chilling Virginia break into attempts. All right, I don't know if there's somebody behind them, but like the shot is is too crisps. You have a ring doorbell, don't you? Yeah? It doesn't look this clear, does it.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I got a new one when I moved, and the new one is like.
Speaker 2: Mine's pretty clear.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's it's clear clear. Yeah, okay, all right, so that's not a red That thing looks like HD during the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looks pretty clear.
Speaker 1: What I'm looking about? What are you saying? Hold on to go bout the worst? They said, who is it? And he said your worst nightmare?
Speaker 2: All right flag on the field. We would have heard that person's audio, which one the person who was asking it was very low, but we did.
Speaker 1: I can hear. I'll bring it back righty, you can hear. Who's there? Who is it? They said, creepy dude, your worst.
Speaker 2: Someone's walking behind walking.
Speaker 1: You coming in. It's either you come out or we coming in. He's saying, what dud oh, no, something something is going a little a little sideways here. This is a real story, by the way.
Speaker 3: I'll give you some of the details real quick.
Speaker 1: It says a real life horror movie played out on a Virginia family's doorstep. It captured. It was captured in harrowing doorbell footage that showed three people in creepy costumes threatening to kill them and even allegedly trying to break into their home. It was taken in Alexandria, Virginia, and the three are taunting the homeowners to open up and pounding on the door. The police say so like the police were involved in this. The police say the mass suspects threatened bodily harmed to the family, saying they'd kill them and demanding that they come out or they would come in. The victim, a woman named Sheila, who was home with her mother, younger brother, and the family dog when it all went down. She told them down. Yeah, she told WUSA that she thought it was a Halloween prank and she said Happy Halloween. But they didn't back off even when she said. The cops were all the way. Something's going on here. Let me let me see if there's any Dude, if I looked out and saw that whatever, there's a clown just three inches from the camera at this house. What does what does this guy saying to.
Speaker 2: That you.
Speaker 1: Here comes the clown. It's a creepy costume.
Speaker 2: And I'm looking, okay, like he's serious.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll put this up and see it now so you can take a look at what's going on here with their doorbell. But it is idiots, really weird and quite frightening. There's the longest ring camera footage I've ever seen. You gotta like look said it it is. There was actual reporting here from what wussay. Let me see, let's see if we could just back this up so that we know this was legit. Yeah, okay, here on their website, WUSA, a CBS affiliate, so.
Speaker 10: Much we have an update history scary situation that we first told you about last night on the count. Right now, police are trying to track down this trio. Two nights ago they showed up and at Alexandria home making threats, wearing Halloween masks and costumes. Well, tonight, the Chief of Police gave some insight into this ongoing investigation. Your cauto has been following the case, Katie, from the first glitch. You think it's a prank, but it turns out to be a lot more than that.
Speaker 1: Ye initially, but this went way beyond being a joke.
Speaker 6: What these three did has left people across the city shaken up.
Speaker 1: Tonight police are searching for them, and I think an important good luck. What are you going to search for the clown that you can't find these people.
Speaker 7: As soon as those costumes are off, How do you even know who to look for?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the only house in the neighborhood or the block that they did that to.
Speaker 1: That means they know him, right like the people who did this, No obviously know whoever this this young girl is who lives at this house? Okay, a clown attack video. I'm putting this up over on see it now on the news. Junkie dot com. When you get a second, take a look, because it is absolutely freaky and would definitely get your attention if that was your house and your ring doorbell. Go check it out at the News Junkie dot com and to see it now section. All right, you could join us on the show today as always. It's easy to do with a dispatch or an email, and a lot of you are doing that, so we'll get to that here momentarily on this show. Now. One thing that I thought was interesting is I've seen more and more details about something we discussed yesterday on the show where the governor of Illinois had reported his earnings for last year, and I guess he's a billionaire, Like he's a what's what's the where's this money coming from?
Speaker 2: At Prayer?
Speaker 7: Is heir to the Hyatt Hotels family?
Speaker 1: Damn man, the governor of Illinois is heir to the Highe hotel and he has a lot of money's a billionaire. And he was reporting his income with his wife from last year and among the winnings or the yearnings was gambling winnings of one point four million dollars and they were pressing him about this yesterday and the governor of Illinois was talking about how he won one point four million, which I think is probably shocking to people who aren't mega gamblers rich gamblers, because this guy probably is tossing insane amounts of money out there. I mean, he's probably a really big fish who likes the excitement of gambling at some of these casinos. So maybe it's not even out of the ordinary that you would win that much. But they were asking the governor of Illinois, why would.
Speaker 7: I go to the ten dollars black teck table. There's no run I get a half chubbed from that. Yeah, yeah, there's no rauj. He's not going to get excited about that. He probably doesn't even get excited about one point five million.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm honest with you. Change And by the way, I see a lot of people trying to run with this politically, Like there are some Republicans who are trying to dunk on this guy. Honestly, you do better at pointing out the fact that he is a billionaire, you know, pointing his finger at Trump.
Speaker 3: Being a billionaire.
Speaker 1: You know, you'd be better taking that angle. I think this kind of looks cool.
Speaker 2: Do you think he's that anonymous donor.
Speaker 1: Out. Maybe you could, but I don't know. It would surprise me if he was trying to help the Trump administration anyway. But I think this kind of makes him look cool, if anything, because he's like some mystery gambler when in one point five millie blackjack.
Speaker 3: But let's see what he said.
Speaker 5: And I've explained this, or at least we did in a statement. You know that I went on vacation with my wife with some friends. I was incredibly lucky you have to be to end up ahead, frankly going to a casino anywhere.
Speaker 3: It was in Las Vegas and.
Speaker 1: Feet and grin. I like to play, huh. I won?
Speaker 5: So you know that I found it a charitable poker match here in Chicago called the Chicago Poker Challenge that raises But.
Speaker 3: You don't have to apologize for this.
Speaker 1: This is like one of the dumber things that people would get upset about. I can find one hundred things to get upset about anybody for. But like he won one point five mili at blackchat, that seems fine. John Patrick say says, why is this a story?
Speaker 3: I'll tell you why.
Speaker 1: Simply put most people here that somebody won one point five MILLI at a casino and blackjack, and they think, what were they like washing money? Or you know, why would he win so much where the casino's paying him off because now he's the governor of Illinois to get access to power, like a lot of things like that come up. But it's a race by the fact that it's somebody who likes scambling and is a billionaire. Because if you like those things, you can spend and win that kind of money easily in Las Vegas. It just doesn't make sense to you or I, right, So I don't think it's a.
Speaker 7: I wonder how much he's lost claim that in taxes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if I don't know if that would have to be on your like tax forms. Maybe it might have to be. But I think this is probably just normal for people that gamble on that sort of level. And uh, yeah, we'll keep it on it, but I don't think there's much left there. All right, let's go over to you. You can join us on the show with a dispatch. A lot of people talking about the fact that Sora, the AI video generator for Chat GPT, will no longer let you make the Martin Luther King videos they said no, stop it, and they're gonna put up more guardrails, more and more guardrails. So you can't just freely create things. With AI. There's rules, and then rules will build on those rules. It's like if you built your own community, let's call it Shantopia, and in Shantopia, like p Topia before it, you started with one law, like you know, don't steal, and you go, all right, there's only one law in this place. Then on that, you know, to build and build and build and build a build. All of a sudden you have this complex structure of laws and it's restrictive on a lot of people. That's what's happening with AI because some stuff like making Martin Luther King Junior bitch about a smoke detector or whatever, is going to be seen as out of line. And you can't do this to like be smirch his his uh you know, his old persona and his legacy. But in this case, uh, let's see what twin pro has to say about this whole change. What's up, junkies.
Speaker 11: Hey, yeah, now they got all these guardrails up so he can't really do anything.
Speaker 1: But before they did, I had Betty White talk about how good of the D I gave her? And it was pretty great when I posted it, you know, a couple of days after I posted it, you know, disappeared already got it. Betty White loves the D from me. All right, thank you, twin bro. Do you feel good about yourself? Why am I asking? He does? He probably does. Yeah, it's a big part.
Speaker 2: He sent it to everybody without a doubt.
Speaker 1: Right, probably, it's a big question like what should we let people do with this? And if it was me, I wouldn't really care that much, at least not now, I don't think, because I think it's funny and interesting, and I like when people get clever with stuff, even if they're making fun of me. But it's a little different when it's like your dead relative, when it's Robin Williams, when it's Bob Ross, when you know, when it's all these people whose families go. I don't find this to be clever. I don't like it at all. So it's this clashing of people's emotions, feelings and their response to all of this, and then the creativity that you want to use in an AI world that hopefully has as few guardrails as possible. When those two clash together. How do you know what's right and what's wrong? Should there even be any guardrails to begin with or do we need them? Let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over on the website. You can record your video or audio dispatch right now, go to thenews junkie dot com. All right, quick break, excuse me, I think I need one more spray allergies getting buddy. I have some pretty stunning news when we come back for those of you who are looking to at some point perhaps get a car, right, there's some information that you might want to know.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you're in this boat, Sabrina, but.
Speaker 2: Oh Reddy always I'm looking for a car.
Speaker 1: I have some news for you. We'll talk about that. We'll talk about what's going on with John Bolton and give you the latest updates on what happened to him, the charges against John Bolton. If you're not aware of what's happening here, don't worry. You'll be filled in. You'll know everything you need to know because that is coming up next in the news Junkie. This is kind of stunning, and I'll get into the John Bolton stuff just because that's like a headline that's floating around out there. I'll explain what's happening, get to the reaction, and blast through it so you know what's going on. But one thing I caught by attention was you start to think about the financial situation for a lot of younger people in the United States of America. And I know there's like a boomers versus zoomer's thing here, but like, let's take a look at this and be real for a second. One thing that comes to mind is if you're a younger person and you're trying to get into the world of home ownership, it's hard because home prices are expensive, and they're more expensive as related to the average income than they have been probably ever in history. It's very hard for people to get the amount of money if they don't have high paying jobs to put down the down payment to then be able to own something that they can pass on as legacy wealth to their kids and such.
Speaker 3: And it's expensive.
Speaker 1: How Like, even even if you go around most neighborhoods, even the crappiest house might be two one hundred thousand dollars plus depending on what neighborhood.
Speaker 2: I always look it up, especially within I don't know half a mile radius of my house. If I see the for sale sign, immediately I am pulling over to the side and putting my car in park and then searching to see what they're selling it for.
Speaker 1: And there's a house there that.
Speaker 2: Needs a lot a lot of work, great square footage, but needs a lot of work.
Speaker 1: Still ask you for half a million dollars. Oh yeah, that's how it goes. You'll see something that looks like, you know, it's infested with bugs and will blow over in a breeze, and they'll go, it could be yours for the real nice price of three hundred thousand dollars, and you go, wait, hold on, what, Yeah, what's going on here?
Speaker 3: You know that the stuff is expensive.
Speaker 1: And the story that I saw WPTV had this for those of you who follow and they said that for the first time ever new car prices, the average price for a new car has passed fifty thousand dollars. Think about that for a second. The average price for a new car for the first time ever has crossed fifty thousand dollars. Meaning anybody who goes in and just says I got to get something new, I got to finance or buy a new car. The average person with one of those transactions is paying fifty five zero thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Actually still doing that then, or some car dealerships very much struggling because no one can afford that.
Speaker 3: I don't know how much they're struggling.
Speaker 1: I think they seem to be still floating along and people are willing to pay this money. But it's become the second investment underneath your house, and it's not that far away these days, you know, like it used to be when when I was younger.
Speaker 3: I hate to do it back in my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it used to be that when I was younger, if you were going to get a brand new car and you were paying fifty thousand dollars, you were getting a nice car.
Speaker 3: Fifty grand for a car.
Speaker 12: Friends, in the nineties, it was a beautiful vehicle. It was like fully outfitted and equipped at all of the bells and all of the whistles.
Speaker 1: And now it's just the average car fifty thousand dollars. Kelly Blue Book attributes attributes to the price surge to several factors, including rising auto tariffs and increased mix of luxury vehicles and higher costs for electric vehicles. Much of this comes from the people are just building more expensive cars and they don't do the cheap ones that they did. I used to always talk about on this show when I was growing up, they had like Kia and Saturn and stuff. Would have buy one, get one free to yep cars. You would be like, why no, Yeah, I'm getting a car. I might as well get one free, I guess. And that's the kind of stuff you would do. There were cars at the time, as I recall, that would be about ten to twelve thousand dollars for a new car. It wasn't the nicest new car, but it was super affordable. And that low end does not seem to be there nearly as much as it used to, with the average new car price topic fifty thousand dollars for the first time ever. And if you've been out there shopping for new cars recently, let.
Speaker 3: Us know your experience.
Speaker 1: And a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. All right over to John Bolton real quick.
Speaker 3: If you don't know who he is.
Speaker 1: John Moulton's cousin. I believe he may be a distant cousin. I don't believe so, but he does have a fantastic mustache. Known for his mustache and the fact that he was the Ambassador to the United Nations from two thousand and five to two thousand and six and the National Security Advisor for a little while during the first Trump administration. John Bolton, though, now finds himself hit with some charge jizz via you know Trump's Justice Department. And here's where we could start real quick before we talk about what happened here. But a reporter asked Trump about this. Here was the instant reaction.
Speaker 2: Let's listen, just indicted by Branduria and Marylynd.
Speaker 6: You have a reaction to that.
Speaker 13: I didn't know that you told me for the first time.
Speaker 1: But I think he's, you know, a bad person.
Speaker 13: I think he's a bad guy. Yeah, he's a bad guy.
Speaker 1: Too bad. That's the way it goes. That's the way it goes, right, that's the way it goes. Well, that's the way I go.
Speaker 13: The case against him, No, I haven't, I haven't, But I just think he's a bad person.
Speaker 1: Okay, anybody she said, have you reviewed the case against him? And he goes no. I just think he's a bad person. He's not on good terms with John Bolton. He didn't like John Bolton writing a book about his time of the Trump administration, which I believe was called I think it was called I think it was from Hamilton. I think it was called The Rumor It Happened or something. I think you named it after that, but I'm not positive. I believe it was called The in the Room Happened or The Room When It Happened.
Speaker 3: You'll be able to find it, zeal In, let me know.
Speaker 1: But the story is a federal ruge happened there, Okay. See, The Rumor It Happened by John Bolton was the book that really started to cause a rift between the two. A federal grand jury indicted former National Security advisor John Bolton on Thursday, making him the third critic of the president to face criminal charges in recent weeks. Bolton was indicted in federal court in Maryland, where he lives and where prosecutors have been investigating whether he improperly retained classified materials following his acrimonious departure from the first Trump administration. Now, for his part, he has a response to this, and John Bolton says, hang on, let me make this a little bigger. It's very old man like how his statement is done here, but for four decades, John Bolton says, I've devoted my life to America's foreign policy and national security. By the way, he's charged with like sending top secret information to people he shouldn't have, which were his family members, and then his email ended up getting hacked by the Iranians getting access to all this top secret info when he's supposed to have so, he says, I would never compromise these goals. I devoted my life to America's foreign policy and national security. I tried to do that during my tenure in the first Trump administration, but resignment it became impossible to do so. Now I've been the latest target in weaponizing the Justice Department. He says, my book was reviewed and approved by the appropriate experience career clearance officials when my email was hacked at twenty twenty one, the FBI was made fully aware in four years of the prior administration. After these reviews, no charges werever filed. Then came Trump two, who embodies Stalin's head of secret police. He says, you show me the man, I'll show you the crime. These charges are not just about his focus on me or my diaries, but his intensive effort to intimidate his opponents.
Speaker 3: He says, I look forward to.
Speaker 1: The fight and to defend my lawful conduct and to expose his abuse of power. Says the mustache man John Bolton, he has pled not guilty to eighteen criminal charges of mishandling classified materials as of just moments ago. So you'll hear that out there, just in case you hear it. Now you know what they're talking about in the world of mister Mustache John Bolton himself. Somebody is responding to a story we talked about this week, which was about these big ass iguanas, and they caught one of them, the cops did. And I don't know where this thing came from, but it was probably four feet long. Abandoned dodge or doge perhaps says they had an experience just like this. Lit's listen in Hey guys podcast listening here.
Speaker 3: So I'm a little late.
Speaker 14: I remember growing up in the Islands, we used to have ijuanas of all kinds of sizes, and I remember, as a young man trying to catch a seven foot ijuana and rewriting it. That thing will whip you and you will be feeling that for a while. I remember having marks on my back. Because once you think you have it, that tail goes to whipping. You got a lot make it pay for it.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you. When I was little, we didn't have the iguanas buyer house, but we had the little like anole lizards, like the little yard lizards. Because I was a bumpkin out in the acreage in a row Upon Beach, Florida.
Speaker 3: We used to take them.
Speaker 1: And you squeeze the side of them and they would open their mouth like a dinosaur, and then you could clip them on your ear lobes. Yeah, and then you could put the lizards on your ear lobes and kind of walk around hanging out and look cool. Oh yeah, yeah, just you know, ladies falling out of the sky trying to get near you levels of cool. But with a regular iguana, it's not only the bite, which is a way worse bite. But yeah, you got a I mean, what the one we saw yesterday on the show, it's up on see it now if you want to take a look. That one. I think had like a three foot tail two and a half foot tail, So just imagine thick too, and in some parts, just imagine whipping that like Indiana Jones. It's nothing to laugh at very much.
Speaker 2: Would hurt? I do wonder and maybe there's some Ijuana experts, but an iguana that big has lived a very long time or it was just like the biggest of the.
Speaker 1: Let's shaw you let me ask real quick here, Tnjai, how long do you think they live?
Speaker 3: That's the thing I don't understand.
Speaker 1: I mean, they can become I suppose how long do you?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, how long do do iguanas live? Oh?
Speaker 3: I know I broke it?
Speaker 2: Why did you just say hey back?
Speaker 1: And how are you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I've got a new problem where when I hit to start talking to Tjai, it connects to my phone and it like breaks the whole thing. I don't know why it does that. I don't know how to stop that from happening. Tell me how how long do iguanas live?
Speaker 15: Iguanas usually live about ten to twenty years. In the wild, Iguanas can live quite a long time, especially in captivity. With proper care, some can live over twenty years. Their lifespan can vary depending on factors like diet, environment, and healthcare.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they said, sometimes even reaching thirty years old. So this one must have been old that big giant iguana that you see there.
Speaker 7: Damn.
Speaker 1: Jamison handmails the show and says, I've heard from people that iguanas tastes like crab. They're called the chicken of the trees by some iguana hunters.
Speaker 3: Everybody chiming in on that from.
Speaker 1: The shade like crab. Why would they call it chicken? True, because it should be the crab of the trees, but maybe not cradsching. I think that's pe big glace. We want to see what you think about this and more. Let us know, send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Kurt says on YouTube, I've never bought a new car in my life, and it probably never will. My two thousand and one camera is still going strong with over two hundred and forty thousand miles.
Speaker 3: Damn, that's pretty good right there.
Speaker 1: I'm getting ready to sell it to Hop to a two thousand and two. He's upgrading from a two thousand and one to two thousand and two two thousand and two RX three hundred with half the miles. He says, there you go, congrats. Anybody got more than that? Over two hundred and forty thousand miles, that's a that's a lot.
Speaker 2: Oh, my friend Martine, like Bagan is home in Chile. They he had a Dodge Ram like diesel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hit one.
Speaker 2: Million miles and they sent him like a badge that they could put on the car, because it's the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And in other countries like Cuba and a lot of countries where they don't really get new cars as much. Some of the cars they just fix and fix and fix and fix and fix and fix and fix, and then they get up to millions of miles, which is just crazy to think of. But if you want a new one here in the US of A, the average price is now over fifty thousand dollars. We'll see what you think about that and everything else we roll on on a Friday. All that and more, plus an update on those flags found in the congressional offices. An interesting twist coming into play, and I don't quite understand it, but we're going to go over this together because that is coming up next.
Speaker 3: In the news Junkie.
Speaker 1: One of the stories we talked about yesterday has an update, and it's sort of a weird one, but I find it to be interesting. If you didn't hear this there was this elected official and his name is Dave Taylor, and Dave Taylor is a Republican, and there was somebody in his office doing an interview on Zoom and they go, hey, not for nothing, but why is there a swastika in the background of you? And the story blew up and this guy goes, hey, I don't know where this came from. We wanted an investigation done. We think somebody planted these in our office. And now there's a twist on this story of these American flags that had this swastika in it, right, Because immediately everybody's like, well, of course they do. Everybody I say, people who are very political and to the left of the political spectrum. We're like, well, of course, you know, this is who these people are. That's why we say this all the time. So of course they had that flag, and of course they were proudly displaying it in their office. I said, well, hang on, let's figure out what happened here. This is kind of interesting, it says. Multiple sources tell Fox that what appeared to be a swastika flag in Representative Dave Taylor's office might actually be an American flag with a hidden pattern visible only on camera in our collusion what similar to flags quietly delivered to dozens of congressional offices now under investigation. So they're saying there is there was a group that sent these flags to dozens of congressional offices, include this guy Taylor, but other politicians in Washington as well. And they're saying that there's like a trick that it does this when you catch it on video, but it's an optical illusion that you somehow can't see in person.
Speaker 2: I've heard of that.
Speaker 7: We're talking like similar to if you have a check, which for the kids, it used to be this piece of paper that you wrote on that would tell banks to give people money. But they usually had these features in them to keep them from being photo copied. And it was like little dots that once you copied it on a copier, text would show up that would tell you like, this is a photo copy, this is not.
Speaker 1: An original document. Yeah, so we're talking that, but for video, I don't know. I've not seen a trick like that personally. I'm not saying it can't exist, but I've not seen a trick where you look at something and you say, like, that looks like an American flag and then if you have it on video now, it changes it up in a way where it looks like a swastika. I've never seen that. It could be that that's what's happening here, and that would kind of make more sense.
Speaker 7: And the story on the texting service yesterday was like, they're gonna say it's a video artifact, and I was like, it seems like a stretch, but that it's creative.
Speaker 1: Well, here's what the story says. It says the flag was by the way, some of you are, no, no answer is going to be okay for you. Some of you are so hyped and so out of it that you're no answer will ever be okay with you, no matter what it is. You'll say, No, it was what I thought it was, which is if somebody did this, which is why they.
Speaker 3: Did it to begin with. But I digress.
Speaker 1: The flag was spotted Wednesday in a photo of a staffer's desk in Taylor's office, prompting a vandalism investigation by US Capitol Police. One thing I'd like to see is I'd like to see somebody like holding the flag in person, like or some photos and stuff of like how this can look different sources including those investigating the issue, said the American flag had a swastika embedded into the ink or weaving, making it hard to see with the naked eye, which sounds kind of like what celimage just saying it was embedded into the ink or weaving, making it hard to see with the naked eye. However, when captured on video or in a still image, this symbol becomes clear. One described the alleged manufacturing tactic as an optical illusion.
Speaker 3: It was easy to miss.
Speaker 1: The flag was seemingly one of many dropped off at dozens of congressional offices earlier in the year by undetermined group. Well, figure out who that group was. You know, where did these come from? Who dropped these off to begin with? Where did this all start?
Speaker 2: As I'm saying, One staffer said, the swastika on their flag from this earlier distribution was very clear, so they tossed it out.
Speaker 1: Yes, somebody did say that, yeah, and they said. The other sources noted the flag in the office of Taylor was not visible until captured on camera. So I don't know if there were different ones or what. This is the update that I've heard on this, and I do find it interesting. At the very least. I still don't know that I've ever seen any kind of little trick like that. So if there's something else like this, send it over let me know. I like to investigate over tips at the news junkie dot com.
Speaker 7: Wouldn't we just have to see it in person by virtue of maybe the optical illusion, Like any picture that you send us of something like this is just.
Speaker 11: On it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because they said a photo or a video just does that. But to the naked eye, you know, you can't just naturally see it, like send.
Speaker 2: Us the link where you can purchase it, and what does that affect.
Speaker 1: Don't I don't even know if you can just buy these. I don't know if they they custom made these or something. The biggest thing would be find the group. Who's the group that sent these to these congressional offices to begin with? That would be the interesting thing, and maybe they'll figure that out. The Capitol Police are investigating, so it will be interesting.
Speaker 2: Someone posted about the Maury Morier m I R E. With an accent mark.
Speaker 1: That might be.
Speaker 2: The pattern in which you can't see it naked eye, but upon video, and especially what type of video. In twenty twenty five is when it pops out.
Speaker 1: I mean, but to what we were talking about here, like this is impossible for us to prove because we can't like all of us have to go in person to the office and be like, oh, son of a bitch, Okay, look that seems like a really hard hurdle to get over to show the other side of this. Also, they're just groups just handing out flags like that, like here's a flag to put in your office because you're such a patriot. Like somebody said, hey, ceiling, here's a flag for you to put in your booth.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, I already have fifteenth thars.
Speaker 1: Here here's the story, and you can say this is nonsense whatever, but the story is obviously that they're suggesting there was some sort of activist group who purposely sent these to a bunch of offices. I'll guess that the offices they were sent to were probably Republicans, and they wanted them to get mixed up in their offices, that they wanted something like this to happen that eventually would be noticed, and then when it was noticed, then a good portion of people, maybe even you, some people screaming at their radios right now, would just believe, no matter what, that this was a nefarious thing, being the point of the mission to begin with, right, that's the entire idea, because a lot of people are easy to trick with this kind of stuff. I don't know if that's the case. I don't know what's really happening here, but I'm legitimately trying to figure out and sort out what's going down.
Speaker 7: So somebody on the Texan Services nailed it, says it's just a camera.
Speaker 1: It adds ten pounds and one swastika. That could be true. None of the American flags I've seen around me have done that. But they're investigating. The Capitol Police are going to have a report on this. We'll see what they said, though, of course, will you even believe that?
Speaker 3: We'll find out?
Speaker 1: Send us a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Let's see. Oh, somebody wants to say thank you? How about that? Tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. Hi, Sean Sabritan ceilin Happy weekend. This is Paul. First off, let me start by saying thank you for the mailbox money. I received my Facebook class action settlement at the beginning of the week it was about forty bucks, but I'll take it. Secondly, my mother waiting Facebook. I'm waiting. But by the way, when somebody says mailbox money, if you're new to the show, we tell you all the time when there's money out there that you can claim. It's all these class action things that everybody doesn't do, and just keep doing it and then eventually you'll just randomly get money in your mailbox. And that's what happened to him. He said. Secondly, my mother just bought a brand new twenty twenty six Chevy Equinox. It was about thirty five thousand dollars without any discounts or trade ends.
Speaker 3: Have a great weekend, thanks, Paul.
Speaker 1: I think I have heard that that Equinox might be one of the pissed cars out there right now. He's referring to the story we did where the average car right now it costs fifty thousand dollars. And now, I mean, that's hard to get if you're some young kid, you just turn eighteen or something. You're gonna have to stay in that world of used cars for quite some time until the market balance is out. But yeah, I think the Chevy Equinox was a cheaper one that we talked about previously. Here's somebody who says, I'd like to be anonymous to tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. I'm a podcast listener. Song a little bit behind, but I heard you talk about the North Carolina boat incident where the guy was offloading about one hundred white claws out of his boat. Yeah, that was the dude who was allegedly drunk and he ran into some people and then hit all the white claws that they were drinking so that they wouldn't be there when the cops came. The family that was hit is my family. Anonymous says, I don't want to read all these because he wants to be anonymous right in because the scumeback that hit them actually has two priors, one DUI and another was felony hit and run where he almost killed a motorcyclist and he bought it out of jail for fifteen thousand dollars. That case is still pending. The person who an owner of the boat is also a piece of ass. She's apparently a former combat nurse and stated that she was there helping the people they hit, but she lied about that in order to get her bond lowered. Bear with me because I have to be careful because there's so much identifying stuff in this that will show exactly who this is. Anyways, since I'm close to that story, I thought I would share some additional details.
Speaker 3: Keep up the work. Love you guys, says Anonymous.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I wish your family well. That seemed brutal. They said that they hit these people so hard with this boat that have like destroyed the boat, and that this guy afterwards was like sinking all of his his white claws so that you know, you didn't know that he was drinking.
Speaker 3: And what a terrible situation. If this guy already had two It.
Speaker 1: Just shows you, like there's so much catch and release going on that could protect a lot of people like your family from situations like this. So thank you Anonymous for the email. Yours could be next. Email the show at any time. Tips at thenewsjunkie dot com. If you want to be anonymous, put that right up on top. And if you want to send us a dispatch, you can go to the website. Go to the newsjunkie dot com. You'll see where you can send a video, audio, or even photo. If you just want to send us a picture of something that we could talk about. Send your dispatch right now on the website that said thenewsjunkie dot com. Okay, a lot of people talking about the protests that are going down this weekend, so we'll discuss that a little bit. People are wondering if these are going to spiral out of control. There's supposed to be big crowds in some of the bigger cities out there for these no kings protests. Pretty sure most larger cities, if you're in one, they're gonna have something like this. But is it going to be just a totally peaceful thing or is it going to get a little bit wild?
Speaker 3: Nobody knows.
Speaker 1: And until we see what happens this weekend, we'll take your thoughts on that too. But when we come back in Absolute Medical Miracle and I love these stories, I want to see what you think about this, I'll give you this amazing story that will definitely brighten your weekend. It's coming up next. I'm going to use Junkie. We're also going to talk about in just a bit on the show another way, a secret way that uber drivers are making more money and it's why they're taking longer to get to you.
Speaker 7: And is it really Yeah, I read about this yesterday and I found it kind of interesting that they're going this route, but is it really affecting, Like are they doing it while they're in between rides.
Speaker 1: They're doing it during their rides. Well, it's a little complicated. Well, i'll explain in a moment this secret way uber drivers are making money that may be slowing them down with your orders or or to come pick you up. But right now, a medical did not affect the speed of our Chick fil A getting that.
Speaker 2: Person I think was just waiting for me to put the order.
Speaker 7: The only thing freaky or faster than Jimmy Jones is By the way, uh, just for the record, and good for them, did you guys tip them?
Speaker 3: Well, give them a little extra Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, I was looking at because of the story about that congressional office with the flag that when they were doing the zoom call had a swastica on it. And then the response was that hey, there was a bunch of these sent to like twelve or so different offices. Some of them were thrown out, some of them the people were like, okay, let's hang them up or whatever. And I started looking into that MOREA or whatever. This way to like hide things and designs, it's so interesting, like this is what it would look like normal, and then when you see it through a camera, it like reveals hidden things that are in the design itself that aren't like a parent to the naked eye. It's very weird. It's called m O I R E with an apostrophe on it, so more more something like that shape.
Speaker 14: More.
Speaker 1: We're gonna follow what's going on with that whole investigation about the flags and see what we figure out along the way. It is an interesting story for the moment. All right, now to the medical miracle. Let's go to that because this is absolutely astonishing.
Speaker 3: There is a young girl just three years old.
Speaker 1: Her name is Sandy, and this young girl was born deaf. She was unfortunately born deaf. She selenet old radio dot FM C L A n E at real radio. At Who's going to be offended? Who's he's going to be offended? A three year old girl who underwent a breakthrough gene therapy treatment. You know, some people are against these gene therapy treatments and breakthroughs that are going on. But I can't be all right hearing news like this. I can't be I think we're making things better. I don't care if you think we're playing god. I think we're making things better when we can take a three year old who is deaf and make them here, and that's what we do.
Speaker 7: I was hoping it would be something different. It would be a real game changer if they're like ladies and gentlemen. The biggest medical breakthrough we have taken this three year old deaf girl and through the miracle of gene therapy, she has grown a penis. No, she still can't here now, but she's got a really big one.
Speaker 1: Opel Sandy. I guess is this person's name made history in twenty twenty three. Win at eleven months old, she became the youngest patient in the world to get gene therapy, and they gave her an injection that many people were upset about right in her ear, a breakthrough treatment for the deafness she was born with due to mutations in whatever her genes that she inherited a gene therapy treatment. It was a fifteen minute procedure during which she was under anesthesia, delivered a working copy of the gene into her right cochlea, the hollow and spiral tube in your ear. So they like injected the correct version of the gene in this infant's ear, and.
Speaker 3: We're hoping that it would take hold.
Speaker 1: So when they did this, they all of a sudden two years later discovered she can now hear normally. Wow. Crazy, that's awesome.
Speaker 7: But also, you know, they did pick the uh, they picked the disability that has the most blowback on things like this. I feel like the deaf community is the one that, more so than any of the others, says like, oh no, you shouldn't get the cochlear implant.
Speaker 1: We're we're deaf, we're proud.
Speaker 3: Yeah, autism too.
Speaker 1: Uh, the autism community does that too, like we don't want, we don't need to.
Speaker 3: Cure autism, we need.
Speaker 1: I find those movements to be probably motivated by people with decent motivations and pushed by people with decent motivations. But it's like, come on, if we can make a little kid here, why wouldn't we make them here? Why would just just for the safety of it all?
Speaker 2: You know, poor blind kids?
Speaker 1: My god, that's not about us. That's next. This child was born, they put the new gene injected it the correct gene into her cochlea and then bam, just like that.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 1: They said, within a couple of years her hearing was completely and totally normal. Pretty astounding, amazing, and just one of those things. That's this world that we're living in right now. And as you think about that, if your Uber is taking a while, let me pay off the other thing we were discussing. If your wait time for an Uber this is, according to morning Brew, seems longer than usual. Perhaps your driver is in a parking lot uploading a Spanish language menu. As part of the new digital Tasks program that Uber has announced, it pays drivers. It pays your Uber drivers to train their AI models. As part of a pilot program, Uber drivers are now able to opt in and earn extra money on their phones between trips. It will ask them on their Uber Driver app to record audio in certain languages or accents, to enter documents in different languages, like uploading a menu can make them an extra dollar. So your Uber driver is like taking a picture of the menu Spanish menu is uploading and stuff.
Speaker 7: Does it have to be their original content? I mean, can't they just go on a Yelp page for a restaurant.
Speaker 1: Probably could it's just a train AI. Yeah, you know, it could be the same thing. Or submitting specific photos is something that will distract your Uber driver to make a couple extra bucks. The new program is in support of Uber ai solutions, which is expanding, and they said it will not be used. They assure us to develop driverless vehicles just move to allow Uber to become a bigger AI. We're assuring the drivers that.
Speaker 7: Promise drivers we're still going to need you until we don't.
Speaker 1: You're not training your replacement, I swear, all right. But the point being, like, you order Chinese and you go while why is it taking so long? Why is the driver still at the restaurant.
Speaker 7: Because he's busy doing Uber's version of mechanical turks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, little tasks that make additional money for the company or for the driver in this case, that's what these people are up to. It's kind of interesting. I don't blame the drivers. They are out there grinding trying to make a couple of bucks here or there. That seems fine, But let us know what you think and if that bothers you, or if you think it's a good idea Uber drivers, let us know tips tips.
Speaker 3: At thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, let's see we can work in a couple of emails very quickly. This is anonymous who says, Hello News Junkie crew. Well, hello Anonymous, thank you for emailing. I have a friend who works for a large authorized cell phone seller in our state and who's interested in becoming a whistleblower to expose some serious concerns and potential fraud happening there. Here's what's happening. A customer comes into the store looking to upgrade or change their current cell phone plan. The store offers a better monthly bill compared to what they currently pay. However, they end up adding phantom lines to the plan without the customer's knowledge or consent. The customer believes they're getting a good deal, but they're actually paying for multiple lines let never use or know about. It. Seems like the leadership is perfectly okay with this tactic, even encouraging them to commit these acts. It feels pretty similar to the Wells Fargo scandal. I was just going to say that where fake accounts are open without customer's knowledge, check your bills. If you have phone lines that you don't recognize, cancel them. Thank you all, says Anonymous. I've not seen that, but if you have experience with that, do let us know same email tips at the news Junkie dot com. I know for short, you're right about the Wells Fargo thing. Wells Fargo wanted to boost their numbers of accounts so that they could make the stock value go up and that investors would think the company was doing better. So they said, we added twenty thousand new accounts, four hundred thousand new accounts, millions and millions and millions of new accounts. And what they would do is they did this to me. I was one of the people. I went in and I was just getting into town and I wanted to set up a bank account and I was going to set up a business bank account. And when I went to Wells Fargo, they go, we need you to set up a personal bank account if you want a business bank account, and I go okay, and then they're like, we're also going to set up a third bank account for you. Don't worry, you don't really have to mess with it. I'm like, why I don't want that, and they're like, now it's our policy. We need you to have because you're a new customer, we need you to do this now. I only wanted one business account, and they gave me three accounts that I were just sitting there your accounting. They were doing this because then they could go to the investors and go, look how many new accounts we open. They got three out of me instead of one. If they do it with every customer, you got millions and millions and millions of fake accounts. So I guess they're kind of doing this. According to anonymous here with with phones, give us your thoughts if you know anything about this, tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. When we come back the next episode with Sabrina, What's coming up on the next step episode? What's going on.
Speaker 2: The next episode? Very exciting news for Sea Liane, I think and others. Is itse is up for sale, including that big girthy doc. According to reports, Snoop Dogg is Krip walking back on his controversial comments about the Gaze and putting the alizzle to the home pizzles. Plus, Timothy Shallamay has officially become the first We Got recipient. We'll figure out what that is and so much more coming up on the next episode.
Speaker 1: And that is coming up next in the news Junkie. It's not only gonna be spooky, it's gonna be hilarious and fully uncensored and filmed for a special and you could be there. All the details you might need are on the website right now over at thenewschunki dot com. Super easy for you to get to it and go check out everything you know about the big roast event coming up at less than two weeks over at the neewsjunkie dot com. Real quick, before we get into the next episode, let's see here. Nick emails the show tips at thenewsjunkie dot com. He said, T Mobile added a line to my phone when I got a new phone for no reason in twenty nineteen. I finally found it this year. They owed me over one thousand dollars for this. One person on the phone told me I would be getting the money back, and then they supposedly investigated and told me they were only going to give me three hundred and twenty nine dollars because supposedly somebody told me that I needed to cancel it, which I was never talked to about. So he's talking about the person who said they were a whistleblower earlier with cell phone plans trying to add a whole bunch of extra information or lines, I guess to your plans, which is not unheard of, as we said, because Wells Fargo had done that at one point in time. It's very very odd, but could be like some sort of strategy that they're deploying. If you know anything more about that, join us on the email side of the dispatch side of the show. All right, let's get into it. Let's do the next step episode. Because there's a lot on TV and you can't possibly keep up with all of it, even though you should, because what else are you gonna talk about? I saw the teacher's boobs.
Speaker 3: Nothing, Weather's nice. It's time for the next episode with Sabrina.
Speaker 1: Hey, smoke Weed, hold up.
Speaker 2: The next episode brought to you by that mo Mortgage Guy Don, That mortgage Guy Don dot com and the Homeoans radio show. You can tune in every single weekend get your questions answered live on the air, because Don is pulling back the curtain on the mortgage business.
Speaker 1: Why you ask, because there's.
Speaker 2: Something behind that curtain, and it's ease of a very often confusing process. He is looking out for you. He's got your back. It's time to put money back in your pocket where it belongs. Get the process started today by going to that mortgage guy on dot com.
Speaker 1: Do miss the voc dot com?
Speaker 2: It was a mirror twenty eight years ago, nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 1: This guy right here.
Speaker 2: There are two people on the song. It is the first person who sings.
Speaker 1: It was a clear black cut.
Speaker 2: Orange Warrange is right point for Sean and.
Speaker 1: It was on warreng G. But my microphone was off.
Speaker 2: Okay, loser, I know, I'm going to restart that. And the person in this song.
Speaker 1: Orange the part.
Speaker 2: No know in the lead for the big prize. At the end of the year twenty eight years ago, nineteen ninety seven, Warrange regulated I give back my point on Garth Brooks with a lawsuit alleging that Garth had infringed upon the rappers trademark circle G logo. You guys remember this out up every year. Eventually, though, they reached the settlement allowing and can you believe it, both of them could use the letter G as their logo. Wow, peace was brought upon all the land.
Speaker 7: I think, how easy is that I associated more with Garth Brooks and warreng G.
Speaker 2: I think, oh, okay, that's one.
Speaker 1: Way to do it. I mean, can I say something completely and totally uncontroversial. I feel like warrng G is one of the worst rappers of all time. He's just bad.
Speaker 2: Thoughts on Ace Freely as.
Speaker 1: I don't want I don't want to speak ill of the dead, and yeah, I'm no.
Speaker 2: Are we sure Warranty is not dead?
Speaker 3: I can check you go ahead.
Speaker 2: See super dead not Ace because he did this week and may he rest in peace? That is uh fatality across the land. Kiss jen Ace Freely has passed away seventy four years old. Grim Reaper got a quota for this quarter? Does he not? He had been hospitalized with a brain bleed after suffering a fall a few weeks ago, once again a celebrity dying via head injury. Oh Man family took him off the life support and they said, uh no, it's up do you in the big sky stage rest in peace. He was a lead guitarist and spaceman of the band Kiss and It's inception. Excuse me on what year and what year? What year was it that Kiss started?
Speaker 1: Nineteen seventy two? No, I feel like I'm very close say anything.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna use any physical.
Speaker 12: Seventy one, seventy three baby points, seventy points unbelabeable.
Speaker 2: He also made two albums in the nineteen eighties with his own band called Freely's Comment released his final solo album, ten thousand Vaults Yow last year. Zero vaults were used to bring him back. Congratulations to and rest in peace, Stace Rock and Roll Night. Timothy Shalli May has won an awward?
Speaker 1: Isn't that exciting?
Speaker 2: He has not won an Emmy, a Grammy, an Oscar or a Tony I believe, but he has won White Boy of the Year.
Speaker 1: And you guys are I did not.
Speaker 7: Even know that was I mean something they were given out. Have they not met Sean?
Speaker 2: I mean, maybe he's up for next year. Anthony Edwards of the Minnesota Timberwolves did an online award show and gave timoth a White Boy of the Year, beat out Adam Sandler, Tom Cruise, Pat McAfee and Mister Beast for the honor.
Speaker 7: So congratulations, What what you know constitutes white Boy of the Year?
Speaker 1: What wins you that award?
Speaker 2: I feel like it's just being a white boy because they that's that's all they said really about the whole thing. It was an online award show, so I don't know how many ears it had reached. And according to tabloids, so this is rumor, has it allegedly all of the things. But this guy's not reaching for ears, He's reaching for penis. Charlie Sheen, Charlie Sheen is right two points for Sean. You guys are back at a tie. Charlie Sheen recently admitted that he was sleeping with guys back in the days of crack smoking, but now, according to Reality Tea, Reality Altogether says, Charlie is happily shocked up with that dude. They're saying he's completely smitten. Alleged boyfriend has nothing to do with the showbiz industry, just a normal guy with a normal job, super gay. I feel, more importantly, Charlie is calmer, grounded, genuinely happy. This guy has changed him. They cook, they watch all movies. It's sweet, quiet and healthy and that's all you can wish for somebody.
Speaker 7: I remember he said in the second half of the documentary that he had been sleeping with men but at some point, but I.
Speaker 2: Didn't followed up with the I was smoking crack.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, the whole time was there's crack stuff.
Speaker 2: Now he's sober and using a different kind of crack, isn't he kind of and h while we're here doing the gay news somehow Snoop Dogg, this guy right here, two points ceiling with the points, he is now doing something different. I mean, last time we talked about Snoop in Under the g Umbrella, it was his comments about bringing his grandkids to see light Year that had.
Speaker 1: Lesbian Senate right toys.
Speaker 2: Yes, And according to Variety, Snoop Dogg is partnering with Glad to support the LGBTQ plus youth anti bullying initiative Spirit Day, and to kick things off, he created a song called Love is Love and it's featured on Snoop's animated children's YouTube show Doggie land Man.
Speaker 7: Snoop really will say yes to anything.
Speaker 2: Do you have problem getting a boner? Do you have a small child?
Speaker 1: Pick? Snoop don't need those pills, but you can have them. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I'm just waiting for him to be the governor or in the what's the safe some time? Excuse me, the general. So that's a that's where I put my five dollars. That will be his next thing. But congratulations and thanks Snoop for looking out.
Speaker 1: For I loved family. Guys.
Speaker 7: Take on that something like redneck rates from an army guy here the penguin don't know why help eat?
Speaker 1: We've got a live action eater. Nask for.
Speaker 2: Live action The Jetson Tom oh Yeah and George Jetson Meet Jim Carrey.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: According to the Hollywood Reporter, Carry is currently in Talx with Warner Bros. To start in a live action version of the animated series The Jetsons.
Speaker 3: I could see it.
Speaker 2: Colin Trevoraro Trevorarro. Colin t is part of Jurassic World, is attached to direct the film, and Joe Epstein is writing the script. I'm not sure his relation in the Epstein family.
Speaker 1: Pleasure would tell you zero hope.
Speaker 2: So uh plans to turn the Hannah barbera show that premiered in what year? Four points on the board right.
Speaker 1: Now, No, No, sixties sixty five, sixty eight, sixty eight, sixty five, sixty seven, sixty four, sixty three six two sixty two is right. It took a while. It took a little while to get there.
Speaker 2: I tried to help as best as I could. But yes, four points on the board for you. And now they're going to.
Speaker 1: So it's your don't don't don't right to check a care cash.
Speaker 2: M Night Shyamalan is going to cash a check because you thought Jetson's live action was going to be exciting. How about a TV series about the magic eight ball?
Speaker 1: That sounds so dumb? This is the studio coming to life? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why is M Knight Shyamalan attached to it?
Speaker 13: Though?
Speaker 1: What are they gonna do?
Speaker 2: I understand you, he's only had like two to three and a half terrible movies.
Speaker 1: Where's the twist it? I can only guess that it's like a haunted eight ball and then you get mean messages from it or something.
Speaker 2: It's written by Gwyneth Paltrow's husband, Brad Falchuck, and it's going to be directed by m nightro Malamdingdal and according to the press release, the show will aim to reimagine the classic magic eight ball as the centerpiece of a high concept, character driven supernatural drama that blends psychological intensity with cultural entry.
Speaker 1: High concept.
Speaker 2: Huh, super high concept this but super ri Well you watch it.
Speaker 1: Her husband, Gwyneth Paltrow's husband is a pretty big writer. I guess he wrote for and created Glee, American Horror Story and a bunch.
Speaker 2: Of stuff, so he knows the Ryan Murphy.
Speaker 1: And also for me, this is dopey, but that nine one one TV series I guess is really popular.
Speaker 2: There's a people watch thousand different other franchises with yeah.
Speaker 1: One nine one one Chicago, there's a bunch of them.
Speaker 2: Do you think they shook the magic ball?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: And they're like, should we do this? Try again later?
Speaker 5: Maybe?
Speaker 2: I guess we'll see no word yet.
Speaker 1: On where my mister Predicto series.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, soon.
Speaker 1: I got a magic eight ball in here too, but you know, I'm sorry I never touched it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's for after the show's off the air, right on.
Speaker 1: The boob tube.
Speaker 2: That don't even matter. Enjoy yourself, Enjoy your family and your friends or your solo time, drink water, follow your dreams. End me on Instagram. That's Sabrina Ambra emslimportantly. They with me America.
Speaker 1: Smoke every day. Thank you, Sabrina, And we'll get to uh this week in Florida here momentarily on this show. You can join us with your feedback. There's a lot of it coming in on a Friday. We appreciate that. Some people, by the way, quick note, quick note, have been complaining that the podcasts if we're in the middle of a conversation, like I might be in the middle of this sentence, and all of a sudden, it goes to commercials. I think that they might have sold a bunch more commercials on the podcast and they're just like injecting them. It will probably go away at some point in time. I don't know why it's doing that. I literally put the music between the segments to stop that from happening. But just muscle through if you don't mind. I know that's annoying because we'll be in the middle of a joke or a thought or whatever, and then they just kind of stretch.
Speaker 3: Things out like that, which is not so fun for you.
Speaker 1: But this person said, I'm a podcast listener, Notice the commercials start playing with you, guys mid sentence. The last couple of days it was at this mark and this mark. I'm using Amazon Music. Who listen to the podcast on Amazon Music? Well you do you do, sir, but love the show. Keep up the good work. Thank you for saying good. Most people just say keep up the work. I appreciate you going the extra mile there. All right, when we come back this week in Florida, it is time. It is time to get the work done, and we will see what has happened in the state of Florida. I know there are one or two stories that I left out there. I left out there to see if you gather them for this week in Florida and bring them back, and if I don't see them, well I'll.
Speaker 3: Do them afterwards myself.
Speaker 1: But we'll see what Seiland has gathered and how weird it got in Florida this week. Because this week in Florida is coming up next and the news Chunky, don't forget. We have a lot of people who have sent in dispatches and I'm not forgetting about you. I see them right in front of me. We'll get to them. Mando Pando, Erica, Andrew Smackerel, Twin Pro, a bunch of you who have sent these in. We will play these at some point in time here. If they're good. If they're not good, right past them. But if they're good, then I'll play them on the show. That's the only barrier to entrigu Just have something interesting to say otherwise and you'll be interesting over here too. Tips tips at the Newsjunkie dot Com. Here goes nothing. Are you ready, Sea Lane Ready, Sean, Here we go. Let's do this weekend Florida. We're giving you a recap of the most grown worthy stories in the state.
Speaker 3: It's this week in Florida.
Speaker 1: That's right. The weekend is here.
Speaker 7: That means the time to take a trip around the Sunshine State and see some of the craziness that has gone on in the past seven days or so.
Speaker 1: And this thing, I know, I know, it's.
Speaker 7: Becoming more popular, but you're not gonna find me really around one of these anytime soon.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 7: More people than ever, it seems, Sean are trading their cocktails for cardio, swimming, swamping, the dance floor for the pavement, and finding community at the run club.
Speaker 1: I like the good old days when we traded cardio for cocktail. Yeah time, Yeah, what happened in this country?
Speaker 7: According to Strava, participation in run clubs has surged fifty nine percent globally in recent years. Nowhere is that more obvious than in South Florida. Every week, the streets turn into a sea of sneakers, massive groups taking over the pavement for scenic runs.
Speaker 1: Across South Florida and stopping traffic. I don't know that they do stop a lot of traffic. Are we allowed to run them over in Florida? They stop you, but they said.
Speaker 7: Michelle Tran of Miami Run Club says, it's more like a run family where we check up on each other.
Speaker 1: Dozens of run clubs.
Speaker 7: That advertise across social media platforms and virtually every city in the area, gathering several times a week, running together.
Speaker 1: And yet alone. Which that's a weird way of putting that.
Speaker 7: Just some of the some of the ones you have to choose from in South Florida or Brickle Run Club.
Speaker 1: People, as everyone is alone forever and doomed to die.
Speaker 7: You have the Brickle Run Club, Miami Run Club, Lauderdale Run Club, Miami, Gay Run Club, Run Little Havana, Miramar, Broward Running Society, Go Run Miami, and Hollywood Run Club. That's a lot of people are doing this thing. Our friend is in one of these clubs and they don't trade the cocktails because I know that like much like that intramural kickball league. It's like they just do it and then they all get together and get wasted.
Speaker 1: But are not They are not hearing you correctly, Seland it's not rum clubs. Run run Yeah, you get together and then you move fast.
Speaker 2: I get a CrossFit vibe from the run clubs as of like.
Speaker 1: A little bit, yeah you're out, So what does that mean? Does that mean? It's like like a militaristic kind of thing, like.
Speaker 2: The all hang out, they push each other and like this is all we do and if we're going to have any gathering, everyone else is there and all we're going to talk about is running.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say when she says she gets a CrossFit vibe, I'm thinking, like they talk about it a lot to talk about run club culty.
Speaker 1: It's much.
Speaker 7: It's very the opposite of front club. You know, you just talk about it all the time. Miami Run Club was a group that started as a small idea during the COVID pandemic pandemic, excuse me, And that's.
Speaker 2: Where we traded cocktails for more cocktails.
Speaker 7: I'm pretty sure yeah, they got weaker when the bars opened back up. But anyway, an update on a story from last week, because I have the X ray. Now of the man who had a thermos you, oh, inside his bottom up the exit ramp, is how Grady Judd put it. The Florida man was caught out trying to smuggle a thermos flask. They called it into jail via his erectum.
Speaker 1: Are we talking about this big? I've got a water bottle here in the studio and it's like, you know, traditional larger water bottle. We're talking this size inside the exit ramp. Why don't you take a look for yourself there this is the.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Sean, it looks exactly like your water bottle.
Speaker 1: I hope it is it number one, number two? He got the whole water bottle in there. Yes, was it filled? Yeah? When he shakes around, you hear the ice cubes. Oh it's still hold up for four days. Crazy.
Speaker 7: At one point, Sheriff Grady Judd I think said he was trying to get drugs in there. But I think that they once they removed it, which that needed the help of a specialist at the hospital.
Speaker 1: I think they didn't find anything. Let's see.
Speaker 7: Fifty one year old Walter Freimeyer was arrested for allegedly trespassing on a railway shortly after it had been claimed he had been running naked or he'd been naked in a park bathroom. Officers probably didn't have much trouble catching up to him, since his running gate was likely disrupted by the thermos flask he'd inserted into the exit ramp as a form of concealment.
Speaker 2: Go back to the X ray and you can even see that he's surprised.
Speaker 1: It's as like halfway up his whole body. This guy, Yeah, that's yeah. It says also that whatever kind of X ray that is is cool. It's not your traditional X ray. It looks like you might be able to do like a hello, my abe, hello, like you could you could maybe get some animation.
Speaker 3: Out of that.
Speaker 7: I think it's because this is not a hospital x ray, it says. Officers claim they already found meth on the man when they brought him in, and when they gave him the body scan they saw that whoa walk through it.
Speaker 1: I guess one of those.
Speaker 7: He brought a thermost into jail. We said, dude, what are you doing here? He said, well, I put that inside my body. He didn't swallow it, clearly. Fortunately, the local hospital has a specialist in these sorts of cases. Who was able to remove the flask from mister Freimeier's rectum water bottle. Please, the fact that they have people who are specialists in this indicates a worrying tendency among people to stick objects where they don't belong.
Speaker 1: I'm putting this up on see it now for everybody so he could take a look.
Speaker 7: The sheriff joke removing the flask was quite the ordeal and may.
Speaker 2: The police auctions later on in the morning.
Speaker 7: The carsh like the what do you call it? The evidence locker?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Gross.
Speaker 7: So this man's been arrested previously twenty five times and has been to prison five times, so he's no stranger to the X ray there at the Polk County jail over in Marion County. There is somebody a neighbor who I wouldn't want. But this is this is an area where people have like a lot of land, and there's a fifteen acre parcel in Danellen that's surrounded by this person has put up they call it the Black Fortress. Fifteen hundred tires. Guys, she's stacking tires all.
Speaker 1: Around his property. It says.
Speaker 7: The person who told the story is a woman in her seventies.
Speaker 1: This is the neighbor. Her name's Rita.
Speaker 7: She lives on a thirty acre acre parcel of land, and she's far enough out in the country that her driveway is a mile long.
Speaker 1: Is that paved? You don't pave a mile long driveway, do you?
Speaker 2: That seems like a lot of pavement.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, probably it's probably just like old school, I would think.
Speaker 7: Next Door to her is the fifteen acre homesite whose owner has posted a sign calling it his black Fortress. The primary feature its walls made of stacks and stacks of black tires.
Speaker 1: Truck tires, tractor tires. You name it is tires. Is this a picture? Yeah? This is the one. Are the gates I think? Possibly terrible picture. Yeah. It says there's more than fifteen hundred tires, but they can't get in. So all the photos except for like maybe one or two, this is her by the tire wall.
Speaker 3: I guess it's my tires.
Speaker 1: It's very impressive, Rita Gomez, very impressive tire wall. So no, Rita Gomez is the neighbor that doesn't like the tires. She's by it. Yeah, she's just taking a picture. Boy, she's the one that's complaining about it.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's gonna want it when her tire goes flat.
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, possibly, but I guess all I know about tires. It's the fortress like farm fences. Far from the worst way Floridians has disposed of old tires. According to the Florida Phoenix website, there is a car thief who did something nice. Did something nice after stealing a car because he stole a car with a one year old inside it. A nine one one call released Thursday revealed the moments after man briefly stole a car from a Brevard County gas station and then returned the vehicle when you realize as the child was inside, it happened that the sonoko off Us one and Coco.
Speaker 3: That's a fun little run.
Speaker 1: And yeah.
Speaker 7: The woman who owned the car told deputies she had stepped inside the store when she noticed her blue Toyota Camery driving away with her baby in the back seat. Now I'm not saying she's mother of the day material, but she's kind of adjacent.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: She left the car running, which is good I think for the child. Still illegal, but did not lock the door, as it seems. During nine one call The woman described how the man sped off, but then backed up and returned the car after spotting the child. He literally about left with my child when I ran into the gas station.
Speaker 1: He tried to steal my car.
Speaker 2: I mean it's nice that he brought the child back. Who still got charged with kidnapping?
Speaker 1: Yes he did.
Speaker 7: Deputies arrived shortly after the suspect, identified as fifty three year old William Mullis, was arrested. He faced the charges of grand theft of a motor vehicle and kidnapping confinement under thirteen.
Speaker 1: A judge denied his bond.
Speaker 7: A woman wanted in a Rolex staff case was busted by the cops after a police officer recognized her at club Space.
Speaker 1: H H familiar? You know club space?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Is that where you broke your ass?
Speaker 2: No question mark. I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I don't remember which club that was.
Speaker 2: But I know club Space was like the cool you know, eighteen and up or all ages some nights. We had to get the big ax on you, and either way everyone's on drugs.
Speaker 7: Well, am Trinasia Jackson of Miami Gardens that is a new name, is facing multiple grand theft charges. On January seventh of last year, a man visiting Miami Beaches Fountain Blue Resort told police he met the West Virginia born Jackson at a hotel and decided to take their conversation to his room. Jackson became persistent about the two taking shots of tequila. This was the one where she got the guy drunk and then he blacked out and woke up in the bathtub with his Rolex Date just watch and Versace gold chain valued at fourteen three hundred dollars gone. Let's see and arrest was made in a drive by cheeseburger ing. A Gainesville woman was arrested on a felony battery charge. It says that she became physically aggressive towards her boyfriend. According to the rest report, she began to scratch, punch, and bite his genitals.
Speaker 1: No good, keep her locked up and.
Speaker 7: Last, but at least, a twenty year old woman was charged with throwing a hammer at officers in Okaloosa County. Look up the mugshot for Victoria Keebler. When you put it on, nobody's looked more annoyed to have been arrested than twenty year old Victoria Keebler, who was arrested after allegedly striking an officer with a hammer on Friday.
Speaker 1: He's serious, serious.
Speaker 7: She was charged with aggravated assault and aggravated battery on an officer.
Speaker 1: That's it for this week in Florida. Thank you, Selan. I'll put her mugshot up on see it now during the break, and it's time for you to join us on the show. We'll get to some of the dispatches that have been piling up and see what you have to say about everything that's been going on on the show and something that is changing big time in the United States of America. When I saw this story, I was very surprised that we had seen an improvement on this very surprised. What was it? We'll talk about that. And a man calls a woman a word.
Speaker 3: You're just not supposed to say.
Speaker 1: What happened after that is where she's getting weir Wait to see what happened here because that's coming up next on the News Junkie. The challenges on TikTok never seemed to go away, and in this case, it reminds me of a video I saw recently that would discourage everybody from ever trying this TikTok challenge. But just in case you haven't seen it. I'm not going to show it to those of you who are watching over on YouTube or twitch because it's bad. But there is a video of this guy. And you know what do they say, like the devil one that day or you know your intrusive thoughts, you know one won you over? This guy? He looks to be in like Russia somewhere, and he's meandering his way into this rather small elevator. You've been in one like this before. I'm sure we're basically maybe two to three people can fit in the elevator.
Speaker 3: It's a small elevator.
Speaker 1: And this selection I like it already. This Russian dude wanders in and he's got a drink in his hand, which is just like a glass of vodka, and he's just sitting there on the elevator. And then he looks at his right hand and he has a lighter, and he looks at the glass of vodka that he has in his left hand, and his intrusive thoughts win and he just tries to like light the vodka. Uh, and then he's successful.
Speaker 12: The vodka lights a fifty proof and.
Speaker 1: Then as or whatever is in this I'm just saying vodka because he's rushing, and in the elevator, he's sitting there and this fire starts to get bigger, and then he of course drops the alcoholic beverage and it smashes on the ground, and how fire explodes from that, and he's in this tiny elevator and he's trapped and he can't go anywhere because the elevator door is not opening, and then it ends with him just like falling over and his outfit caught on fire and the guy got burns over like ninety percent of his body. That's why these things are stupid.
Speaker 3: That's one reason. There's a lot of them. Why these things are stupid.
Speaker 1: But I guess at least six dumb people or maybe five or so have tried something don't let your kids do it called the jam jar pulse jet trend. And this involves pouring rubbing alcohol in a jar, putting a lid with a hole on top, and lighting the alcohol on fire.
Speaker 3: This is bad, This is stupid.
Speaker 1: This You shouldn't need the fire department to tell you this, but this can cause significant harm. And just this week, a fourteen year old boy in Saint Pete landed in the hospital with burns to his legs because he set himself on fire screwing around doing this stuff. It's just really, really stupid, and it's it's so funny to because I think back to when I was a teenager and my parents and every other parent were so worried about Beavis and butt Heead. They were so worried if fire. Yeah, they're like, oh, beaves and butthead they're saying fire and it's going to cause all these kids to let kill somebody. And you didn't need that.
Speaker 3: You don't need anything like that.
Speaker 7: I actually watched an episode, or at the beginning of an episode of Beavis and butt Heead the other night, right before I went to bed.
Speaker 1: And I wanted to light something on fire off at.
Speaker 7: Some point where they they Beavis's ear off with a rocket motor.
Speaker 1: It should be quite obvious to you, and I'm sure it is obvious to most younger people. Don't do this.
Speaker 3: It's a very very bad idea.
Speaker 1: Fun John, They really wanted to have fun, and that guy those intrusive thoughts really truly did win. He was thinking about not doing it, but then that he did, and it's it's not great. Jeremy says, that's like two steps away from making a Molotov cocktail, right, Yeah, you don't want to do that. You you do not.
Speaker 3: Want to do that.
Speaker 1: Let's peek into the Oval office. I guess at the White House they said that Trump had a visitor and it's and Dramalli and Drama Delli, Yeah, the famed singer. And I guess he was singing in the Oval office. Let's see see if this was any good or if he bombed in there. Listen to this because he's like struggling through.
Speaker 2: It because the music is blasting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, was he warned? Or did Trump just go put out of the song? Haven't you out of the song? This is my favorite song? Did he come in and just think he was gonna shake hands and have a good time? And then Andrea's like, you're the Lly is.
Speaker 2: A very talented, one of the most world renowned singers.
Speaker 1: But he has.
Speaker 2: Formula to it, like his routine. Because he is blind, he does to use all the things. And I can already tell I feel like the rugg got ripped on from under.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: He's holding onto the side of the desk and he's trying to sing, and it feels like he's kind of uncomfortable. Yeah, I don't know if he was aware of this beforehand. It's kind of like, what fine, I'll sing Sean Patrick's they says, sing bitch. It's the office version of sing bitch. You just start playing the music like, oh, yeah, you go this.
Speaker 2: You're the guest, is not the instrumental, by the way, You're just going to sing louder than the person.
Speaker 1: And who the hell was talking while he was singing. I don't know. Very rude was in the White House. This was right before Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelensky. As everybody, each person you go in, you sing a little and then on we go. So God bless everybody real quick. I saw this, and I was very, very surprised. They said in a store from Pew Pew Research, they're suggesting that the divorce rate is falling pretty drastically in the United States of America.
Speaker 2: Oh, holidays are coming up, Sean.
Speaker 1: Well, not like based on on that, but based on just overall, how many people are getting divorced anymore, and the numbers are plummeting, this said. One of the reasons why is because people are waiting a lot longer to get married in twenty twenty five the year.
Speaker 2: And that refinably normal, right says it in there too.
Speaker 1: The refined divorce rate in nineteen eighty was twenty two point six divorces per one thousand married women. That fell a little bit in two thousand and eight. Now it's all the way down to like fourteen point four per one thousand people's that's a pretty big decline in the divorce rate over the last twenty five years or so. So for those of you who have been thinking about it, take the plunger. You're gonna be good to go. You're not going to get divorced, all is well? All right, last thing real quick before we take a break. I wanted to tell you about the story I teased where a man decided to call a woman a word, and of all the words, allegedly, this is the worst to call a woman. And he said, you are an F word sword to this woman, and he then pulled out a gun and shot her afterwards, Oh, as one does. But it wasn't very good for him in the long run, because her husband was there and he didn't like not only the sea word being thrown around at his wife, the shooting. Yeah, he was not thrilled with that, leading to the shooter getting a couple of shots, a couple of punches. I'll put this up on See It now so you could see what the husband did to this guy. But he started punching and I guess didn't stop, just kept going. This will be up on See It Now in just a moment here and we'll see what you.
Speaker 3: Think about it.
Speaker 1: Go to thenews junkieat dot com for more. When we return, we'll do jury duty. I don't know if our friend bo we'll be stopping. Well, we'll see if he's going to swing through. I don't think he texted me yeah, possibly, we don't know. We don't.
Speaker 3: We'll see last minute decision on his part.
Speaker 1: And then we got a lot more to get in in the final hour of the show as we get ready to wrap up the week.
Speaker 3: That is all coming up next in the news Chunkie.
Speaker 1: You can join us with the dispatch at thenewschunky dot com. Go record yours now, let's see what we got here. We're all stacked up and ready to go, but let's work in maybe one of your dispatches before we get into jury duty. Here's somebody saying that we should go see Swan Lake. All right, thank you for the suggestion. Here's somebody saying something about the divorce stats. Oh yeah, because the divorce rate has been plummeting out of nowhere, Like it was really really rising through the nineties in the two thousands, but I guess it's been coming down. Here's chaos on this. Let's see. Oh hang on, we might have to skip chaos for now, not because I don't know what's up there. We go happy to good you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, both settle down, buddy.
Speaker 11: All right, So, Sean, you were talking about the divorce thing. So there is the fact that most people, most younger people aren't getting divorced because of all the redor they see online like either women are going to take all your money and they're going to take everything for you, or when it comes to women, your husband's just gonna cheat on you, leave you, blah blah blah blah for younger woman. That's that's that's what you see most commonly online. But it's also that there's a couple of states like Kentucky just did this, I think in twenty eighteen twenty nineteen. They made it so that the standard for divorce when it comes to fifty to fifty when it comes to children, is that it was standard that when you divorce, it's fifty.
Speaker 1: To fifty.
Speaker 11: For your finance rights over the children, so there's no actual child support in the case.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see what you were saying. Oh so if in some states, if you get a divorce, the financial responsibility for the children is a fifty to fifty split, which seems like, you know, an updated version of kind of a more old fashioned way to look at this, where you would say that the men should be solely financially responsible for the kids, when in that case you wouldn't have as many women.
Speaker 3: In the workplace.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think it's probably a lot of things, but I think one of the biggest things is probably people waiting a little bit longer. From what I can see throughout my life and the things that I've witnessed, everybody has a point where they break bad a little bit, all right. And you probably have known some friends who were like, oh, we met in high school and we started and we've been with each other ever since, and they've never been with anybody else. They've only been with each other in a relationship. I find that weird sometimes that can work. You know, it could be like this this great thing. It can work. But a lot of times people have that drive to kind of sow their wild oats at some point in time. It's the same for like, whenever I hear somebody say they have a kid, and their kid through their teenage years was perfect, like he never caused any issues, never got in trouble, and was always getting good grades. I say, wait, because everybody does it at Sometimes if you have like a perfect kid, they'll have a point in their twenties or something where all of a sudden they start making all the same bad decisions getting buck in here.
Speaker 3: It happens.
Speaker 1: It just it seems like something that people need to go through before they're ready to kind of settle down and chill out.
Speaker 2: So what do you think your wild wild times were? If you were to give an eight strange.
Speaker 1: Eighteen to twenty three, twenty four, you know, right there, like just into adulthood making a bunch of dumb decisions, doing a bunch of dumb stuff. And the people that I saw around that time that didn't do that, they did it later. They did the same thing. They just did it late. Its like inevitable. Somehow, I don't know why, but that's the way it goes. And I think if you wait longer to get married, like let's say you get married in your thirties instead of in your late teens, I think you've had enough time to get that stuff out of your system and maybe that works better. I could be wrong, but I just think waiting a little longer sometimes is a way to get rid of some of the relationships that wouldn't last as long. Okay, here we go, friends, it's time for it. Let me bring it up because we got to do jury duty before.
Speaker 3: It is now in session.
Speaker 8: To put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass.
Speaker 1: You're knowing jury.
Speaker 3: Duty with the news junkie.
Speaker 1: See some of these folks say, twenty four to twenty eight was my dumb time I almost got married back then. Everybody does it, whether you did it when you were like your teenage years or maybe sometimes earlier. Sometimes people go hogwild when they're like fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen years old.
Speaker 7: It was like eighteen to the meeting Ashley, and then a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Found someone who's down to get wild with you, which is very sweet. I you know, I am at the age right now where I am saying the rounds of divorce in second marriages and engagements breaking off or second kid is now getting into high school where I'm like, I don't know, do I get it all out now, or it's time for me to have a baby settled down.
Speaker 1: Everybody has a moment where they think about these things, and you make a poll.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to make a decision based off that and what the listeners.
Speaker 1: Say, whether or not you should have a child of all. I don't think you should pull that out. I'm I'm gonna go a pull. I wouldn't asked the audience on that one. You know, another thing that I think probably leads to this is a guess. I am just guessing here. Another thing I think that leads to less divorces in twenty twenty five. It might just be me, but it seems like dating is pretty miserable.
Speaker 7: Since it seems like I during this show have gotten screenshots from people like uh, going on the apps apps and they're just like, what is this?
Speaker 1: What is this guy? Yeah? Good nightmare? It feels like dating might be more of a nightmare at twenty twenty five sego is it great?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: But is it better than whatever that is? I'll stick with what I got going on, Stay in the relationship. Jerry Dudy, brought to you by the one the only motivate of the Wit Law Firm. Injured on the go, just call Mo eight hundred Calmo eight hundred, call Mo and you can go to the website. Just Callmo dot com. After an accident. There's lots of attorneys out there that want to get your attention. Why because they think you got a good case maybe, and they want your money. But what you should really do is focus on getting an attorney who's going to listen to you and fight for you and your family and your future. And that's what is going to happen with just Calmo. So eight hundred, just Calmo or eight hundred Callmo. Excuse me, eight hundred Callmo Orescalmo dot com. Let's see what we got in jury duty today. This is a rough one.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 1: There's an investigation underway after a Massachusetts school staff member died after a fourteen year old student kicked her in the chest. She says she was trying to stop the student from leaving the school building without permission. The fifty three year old woman, Amy Morell, was assaulted by a teenage girl. And here's the weird thing. It said that this happened Wednesday of this week around six fifty five pm, so that's obviously after school hours. And it says inside the dorms of meadow Ridge Academy. Can we look that up and see what they have going on because this just says it's a residential therapeutic school for young adults. So like meadow Ridge, it's called meadow Ridge all one word academy.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: And this is in I guess Massachusetts, but it seems to me that this is like one of those schools for bad kids. Boarding school, Yeah, like a boarding school. And the woman tried to stop the girl, the fourteen year old, from leaving, and she kicked her in the chest. She collapsed to the ground and die.
Speaker 2: So she kicked her right in between heartbeats or something like that. That week could be phenomenon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, just she was. She was kicked in the chest and it says that she did collapse and fell to the ground, so it could be one of those freak things where you end up hitting them and now this girl is going to face murder charges or you know, face some charges for the death of this This.
Speaker 2: Woman's appropriate time to say that this school has donkeys that you can uh the donkeys.
Speaker 1: I don't know how effective they are generally speaking, but did not did not help you.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that led to the kicking.
Speaker 1: I don't know. But does it look like a nice facility? It does. Oh here boarding school.
Speaker 7: I think of like a nineties movie where the new step mom just wants to send the.
Speaker 1: Kids off so to have that all to herself. There's a lot of that that used to happen in the nineties. Now. I don't know if it happens quite as much, but if you had the experience, let us know.
Speaker 3: While I go over to this.
Speaker 1: A judge in Chicago, and I think this is a good, good idea. I think this should have been happening anyways, but I think this is a good idea all the way around. Good idea. That's good idea or better idea. A judge this week said she will require ice officers in Chicago to wear body cameras. She also someone a senior before no, I guess not. She's someone a senior official to court next week. To discuss the enforcement operations happening there. The judge said she was a little startled seeing some of the images of street confrontations, and she said, we need the folks that.
Speaker 3: Have body cams.
Speaker 1: I think the body cameras are better for everybody. Yes, it's better for the officers, and it's better for the people who are involved.
Speaker 7: And I don't want to hear a peep about the cost of body cameras When we've heard a bunch of stories about the signing bonus and the starting salary that some of these ice recruits are getting.
Speaker 1: They're not even that much. The body cams and now body cams are like built into law enforcement, so they're going to know exactly where to get them from, exactly how to utilize them in the process, everybody who is involved in law enforcement having body cameras. It is better for the law enforcement officer, it is better for the person that you're engaging with. It's better for us as a public because we are Our world right now is not one where it's like he said. She said, it's like he said, and I agree with him, or she said, and I agree with her. And people are just looking for whatever they think matches up with their own politics of the day. In so many situations they cannot see past this, many of them. There is a massive brainwashing underway for a big portion of of our overall populace that gets into this political stuff. And having the camera footage, even though we have AI issues, I think certainly makes people feel a bit more comfortable. So I think this is good and I think that they should do this absolutely. And finally, in jury duty today, a truck driver has been indicted. They decided to have a bit of a wild time that led to what they considered twenty seven miles of.
Speaker 3: Terror on the road.
Speaker 1: This person, McAdams was his name, decided to gupe down an entire water bottle of tequila and take as much credom as he could before he crashed into eight different people.
Speaker 2: His heart rate two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: They didn't shack, I don't think, but they said it led to twenty seven miles of terror. As he white knuckled crashed his way down the road, he made a koda. I guess, so holy cow, wow, But there you go. That was jury duty. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Let's see here on the way out. So we should do that at the Rose about somebody wants to talk the crating part of the tequila part, or both both of them. Okay, fair enough, here's the lovely Lolita talking about the divorce raid.
Speaker 16: No no, no, no, you got this all wrong. The reason that the divorce rate is so low is because nobody's getting married anymore. The marriage rate is also very low. People these days, like Courney I, have chosen to live together rather than get married. It's not about waiting until you're older. It's just about not getting married at all.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's true. Can you run the numbers and see if less people are getting married every year in twenty twenty five, Well you probably have to pull twenty twenty four years. But are less people getting married every year? And then that's leading to the lower divorce numbers? Good? See marriage.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Go ahead.
Speaker 7: Marriage rates in the US have declined significantly since the nineteen seventies, dropping by about fifty four percent since nineteen hundred. Average age for while RACH dipped during the COVID nineteen pandemic. Recent data shows a slight rebound in twenty twenty two to twenty eighteen levels after hitting a twenty twenty one. Low Factors contributing to the decline include delayed marriage for professional and personal goals, arise in cohabitation, which is exactly what the Lovely low Lita was referring to, and cultural shifts.
Speaker 3: Cultural shifts too interesting.
Speaker 7: I have some friends actually who were on that on that kind of you know plan where they didn't have any desire to get married, and then it wasn't till like the death of a friend and that person's like a state being in jeopardy, and families are pointing fingers and who has rights to this? And the longtime girlfriend the partner was trying, they were trying to edger out of it and stuff, and they're like, I think we need to put this on paper so if God forbid something happens to one of us, you know, the other doesn't get crude.
Speaker 1: I will. Yeah. I mean, I think it kind of just became the thing where people said, hey, we've now been dating for this long and now we do the next thing right, and on to the next thing, and and uh, there's probably just like a whole bunch of reasons why this happened, one of them being what Lovely Lolita pointed out. Another one being people probably waiting longer, and that waiting longer made it so there's less people who end up getting divorced. It's just a lot of things. And the only thing I'll say is actually up front, I don't care what the divorce rate is at all. Okay, I don't care what the divorce rate is at all, generally speaking, I care what the divorce rate is for people with children. That's the thing I care about. I don't care if you get in a relationship with somebody you don't have any kids, and you guys divorce each other, do it. But when you have a bunch of kids and then you get divorced, it's that's something that's more of a problem, I think, just decidedly speaking. So I don't know what exactly is doing this. It seems like a lot of things, but it's good. It's good that the divorce rate is falling. I don't think there's anything bad about that in the slightest. Okay, we're going to take a quick break and when we come back, we'll get fired up into a bunch of these responses you've had. Oh I did see another thing. There's more and more stories about this damn flag story. It's really grabbing people's attention, the swastika flag thing. And one of them suggested that the person who was in the zoom call and saw the flag behind them and noticed, oh my god, on the zoom call, that flag behind me looks like a swastika. That person took a screenshot of what it looked like and they sent it to their friend, and their friend sent it to Politico, and then Politico posted it, which is what started this story to begin with and started the entire thing that happened.
Speaker 3: On from them.
Speaker 1: So and they confirmed that several Republican offices had received these flags bearing what they call obscured swastika symbols. Representative Dave Taylor said, and he's an Ohio Republican. He said it was an orchestrated campaign. They said they were targeted by an unidentified group or individual who distributed American flags. The only other version of this that I could see, I don't know if I have this here, here's somebody talking about it at a press conference, let's see if they mentioned about it. But the only other version of the flag I could find, they had like marked on the flag with a marker, which it may like completely ruins it. I want to see just what it looks like when you move the flag around, or if you could see different versions of it so it doesn't look like it has a swastik on it.
Speaker 3: But here's the Speaker of the House talking.
Speaker 17: About it's my understanding with regard to the swastika thing.
Speaker 3: This happened last night.
Speaker 17: A Republican congressman allegedly one of his staffers had something in the background or something in a zoom.
Speaker 3: That's what I heard this morning.
Speaker 17: He says that that's not his and there's a proper investigation on going, and the congressman did exactly what he should have done, and that is reported is under investigation, and I can't comment any further until that's done, but I will say obviously that is not the principles of the Republican Party. We stand for the founding principles. As a memor Republican articulate them for you right now. Individual freedom, limited government, the rule of law, peace through strength, fiscal responsibility, free markets, human dignity, that the things that lead to human flourishing.
Speaker 3: We have stood against that.
Speaker 17: We thought the Nazis, we defended that evil ideology. We roundly condemn it and anybody in any party who espoused it.
Speaker 1: That's that's Mike Johnson, this Speaker of the House talking about the whole flag kerfuffle that is getting attention out there.
Speaker 3: Still.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll we'll take a break and then we'll see what you have on your mind as we get into the final hour of the show, the Power Hour on a Friday, Baby, because we head into the weekend full force. Let's do it. That's coming up next on the news Junkie m.
Speaker 2: Healing. That's a quick flip man, very quick flip.
Speaker 3: What's a quick flip?
Speaker 1: Quick flip? What are you talking about? Uh?
Speaker 3: How are you right at that fast?
Speaker 1: How do you get messages up that fast on the on the.
Speaker 3: Screen tool thing?
Speaker 1: Flip?
Speaker 2: Quick flip?
Speaker 1: You type that? So if there's ever a major pro we could just solely communicate via this this screen in your studio.
Speaker 2: I guess I wish that the streamers would have seen me and client at the same time when we saw and heard your mic was hot a deer in headlights up.
Speaker 1: I hit the rejoiner and I said, well, let's be proper and clear out my vocal cords, and I said name and then I said, interesting, I can really hear the acoustics in this room these This is fantastic. I really really went the extra mile here. But no, it turns out that that was not the case. All Right, we are going to hear from you. We got your dispatches pulling in today and send those over on the news junkie dot com. We'll be watching these protests, the No Kings protests this weekend to see how those go. They're supposed to have really big crowds. Is like twenty five hundred planned around the country. And it's weird because it's like it's the same people. They just kind of rename everything. It's just it's all the same people going to these things. It's just this one is like the No King which is not that it's not the first of this kind. There there was other ones before. But what I mean to say is it's just an anti Trump protest by another name. They these protests just keep kind of maneuvering about whatever they're focused on. For a while, they had a hyper focus at these protests on Elon Musk that.
Speaker 3: Seems to have died away.
Speaker 1: I guess I don't know. I don't hear a lot.
Speaker 2: Of that I hear from him at all.
Speaker 1: He's busy space and Starlinker. I mean, he's still doing all the Twitter stuff and he's still fairly political on Twitter, but he's not in.
Speaker 3: He's not in the spotlight like he was at that time.
Speaker 7: He only was able to do the dose thing for like one hundred days, right, Yeah, there was a.
Speaker 1: Limited amount on that that type of employee that he was apparently, but they were focused on Elon for a while and then then it's just like a general focus against Trump. And that's what's going on this weekend for one of these No Kings protests or or a bunch of them that are happening on the eighteenth, most of them. And we'll see if this is a record protest, because I know the organizers were kind of pushing for this kind of stuff. We'll see if it gets violent, We'll see if everything is peaceful. There's only one way to find out. You got to watch and see what happens this weekend. So a lot of people will be gathering for that. I'll keep an eye on it, for sure. I wanted to work in one more thing before we get to this. There's so many stories I don't know why they keep giving all these updates Sea line seven. This first happened. He was like, why is this a story? But that doctor in winter Park, Florida who had the house party with all the kids who were hammered drunk. Yes, they keep leaking more and more information out about that.
Speaker 2: From just inside of her room after leaving out snacks. What the hell happened?
Speaker 1: They're saying that perhaps she was doing more of the hosting of this party than she's willing to admit. Yeah, my parents would never ever ever do this. They would not host a party for me or even ignore one. The best I had was my sister one time saw that I was having a big party at the house, and she said, I'm going to stay in mom and Dad's room and make sure nobody does anything.
Speaker 2: And she I would have told my younger siblings immediately.
Speaker 1: She didn't know I was older at that I was probably nineteen or twenty at the time, so I was a little bit so vigilious. Was at this party? No, no, no, no, no, he was. Maybe I was seventeen. I may have been seventeen. It's hard to remember that time.
Speaker 2: I've had a house parties at my parents' house and there have been some bangers.
Speaker 1: And I will tell you what.
Speaker 2: It helps out that other adults are there.
Speaker 1: So had adults said they were like at a like keg size party.
Speaker 2: I mean not keg, but maybe seven eighteen packs of beer. But that's because the parents all wanted to drink themselves. Yeah, wink, nudge, nudge. But you have the parents of your friends come over and they're all friends with each other, and you kind of just separate and as long as you're doing it under this roof, everything turned out just fine.
Speaker 1: Here's where here's my take on this changes. I think if you're and I don't know if this is exactly what you were talking about, you can tell me afterwards, Sabrina. I think, let me describe two different things a situation. One, if you have a bunch of parents who are partying and there's a couple of kids, you know, like the kids of these parents, and the parents are having a party and the kids, maybe you could have one white claw just so you know what this is like, we're keeping an eye on you. That's one thing when the parents are the majority, But when there's one parent and all kids and it's just a kid's party while a parent is there. That one I think is bad. I think that is that is different and bad to me at that point.
Speaker 2: I have been to that party and mom, I mean it was easily three hundred people in this person's house and we had a great time. But show up and mom was in the room just like you know, staying in there, could hear all the bumping music. Everyone ran, but she ended up getting arrested.
Speaker 1: Did he get this bad? Because at this woman, this doctor in Winnipark, Florida, how tran is her name? They got multiple nine one one calls about underage individuals falling down drunk. A fifteen year old girl was found vomiting and barely coherent.
Speaker 2: Okay, they ca middled their liquor.
Speaker 1: This one's another level. The doctor, Alader's son's friend from a school nearby, host a party at her home. They claimed uninvited guests brought the alcohol, and she stayed in her bedroom until alerted about the past.
Speaker 3: How teenager.
Speaker 1: I wonder, I wonder if they're gonna be able to get her on that, Like if she said, look, I knew my kids were having a party, I didn't know they were drinking. I was fine with them doing it, so I stayed in my room. When I noticed that they were drinking alcohol and that somebody had snuck in alcohol, I was very upset and I told them to shut it down immediately. Yeah. I also want to ask a loophole that.
Speaker 2: This is I am not encouraging, don't underage drink blah blah blah, preface, preface encouraging. I'm not encouraging anything. I'm just based on experience and stuff I've read on the internet. Yeah, everyone stays in the backyard or in the house.
Speaker 1: Don't have if you're having.
Speaker 2: People pass on the front that calls for cops. Cops have the right at that point, but maybe a mo question anything behind that front door. You would have to the adult would have to say, you can search my house?
Speaker 1: Right? What if you said probably right? I think if I.
Speaker 2: Were you get a noise complaint, they can't enter the premises.
Speaker 7: If I were the police officer, I would they say, like a cop, they can enter if they see alcohol, like, because that's how they got into my house. I could have not let them in had there not been visible alcohol, like they can see through the window or something. Yeah, I think that if the if the mom were trying to make that argument that like, I didn't know these kids had alcohol, I you know, and once I found out, I you know, I said they had to leave. They snuck it in, they weren't invited, whatever. I think that the cop would go, well, in that case, I'm going to arrest your child for being in possession of alcohol and then try to go, you know, pressure the mom into into admitting she knew about the party.
Speaker 2: Why don't we arrest anybody? Everyone just scatters with the cops show up.
Speaker 1: That's that's why it works in the movies and the movies, the cops show up and you go, you know, it's like yackety sacks. Everybody runs different my house. Let us know what you think. Is that fine parenting or is that a crime that's going down? Send us a dispatch at thenewschunkie dot com. Fine rhyme. Everything's a song.
Speaker 2: It's basically rhymes.
Speaker 3: It's so close, it's right there.
Speaker 1: You know. One thing I did see that I'll mention real quick before we take a break and come back and hit a bunch of dispatches before the end of the week. Here, remember that story. Everybody was so mad about this. I was mad about this. Remember the person who tied their dog to the fence during the hurricanes.
Speaker 7: Yes, they passed a whole law named after that dog.
Speaker 1: They did. They did, It's called Troopers Law. But they dropped the charges against that guy. That's what the news was. Yeah, they dropped the charges. And why maybe now that they passed that Troopers Law that Celan was mentioning, maybe now it would be illegal. But you can't mass some looney like somebody can't commit a crime and then you pass a law and then the person who committed the crime is arrested for it. It can't usually work that way.
Speaker 2: It's named after his dog, Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: The law makes it a felony basically to abandon a pet during an emergency. So if you leave your dog behind during a hurricane, then you could be held liable for it. But they dropped the charges against him because I guess they didn't have a case like they and this guy just tied his dog to a fence and the dog is a Yeah, the dog was in water up to its neck when somebody found it and like freed the dogs. And if to me, if that's not animal cruelty, it's like God, I don't know. That seems like an obvious case to me.
Speaker 2: He got the dog back and I will light something on fire.
Speaker 1: It doesn't say it says the law makes it a felony to abandon a pet during emergency. Now, but the charges in that high profile case have been dropped. According to court records from Hillsborough County, Giovanni Garcia is going to get off scott free.
Speaker 2: So weird does not take it down right now.
Speaker 1: You don't have any delete buttons. You don't have any control over his screen in his studio.
Speaker 2: You can rip that monitor off the wall.
Speaker 1: Physically impressive. You took it off you. Plus he didn't take mine off alright? Is that you never know what's going to be on there. I'm talking to Baby Kangaroos. You can you can watch the show see what's happening by the scenes here on YouTube or twitch, dot tv, slash the News Junkie. I could use a visit from some baby kangaroos right about now, if that could be brought into reality. But if not, we'll see what happens when we come back. That's coming up next on the News Junkie. On the way, I will get some dispatches and emails here in a moment I just saw on Instagram earlier. Yeah, that Shaboozi showed up at a bar in Orlando the other night, No showed up and started a partying cowboys. Oh really, yeah, that guy's got he needs another hit though, wasn't he He needs another hit out there? Because that song was so big? And then I think that he had a second single that was okay that I heard and.
Speaker 3: It didn't really stick because I don't remember what it was.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go on a journey here to wrap things up on the show today one, I guess there was just a bit of a shock moment at the White House. Trump was taking some questions after Andrea Bocelli had cleared his way out of the White House, and maybe there he is, okay, see you later. And now Trump was asked about uh Maduro, who's the dictator in Venezuela at the moment, and he just dropped an F bomb right in the Oval office during this whole thing. Oh yeah, I mean, I'd like to keep.
Speaker 2: The job for now at least, so yeah, would it be crazy though if we lost our job because the president's F bomb?
Speaker 1: Though I don't think we would I don't well and hold on wait wait wait, wait, wait wait wait, we could because I heart could say I don't care what anybody else says. We told you not to say that, and then you played it on air. But I don't think that the FCC would actually find a violation in playing audio of the president saying the e.
Speaker 2: F word don't taste it.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, because they didn't when it was at Bono to the F bomb fleeting, because it wasn't even fleeting. Bono just said, this is effing brilliant, and that is not a banned way of using the word. Technically, you're not allowed to describe sexual acts or acts of somebody, you know, using the restroom or these types of things. That's the technicality that you can get by sometimes.
Speaker 3: But Trump dropped the F bomb.
Speaker 1: Here he is, he has, he has offered everything. He's offered everything.
Speaker 13: You're right, because he doesn't want to fall around with the United States.
Speaker 1: Thank everybody. That's a microp moment. He shut down the beating afterwards too. He said it, and he was like, all right, see you later, everybody. That's it's like a thank you good night line or something. He has he has offered everything. He's offered everything.
Speaker 13: You're right, you know why, because he doesn't want to fall around with the United States.
Speaker 1: Thank everybody.
Speaker 18: Okay, night, see you later, everybody. But so we could do that, I mean, we could definitely play I'm playing it.
Speaker 1: I'm playing it uncensored right now. Forget this Okay, wait wait no, no, enough is enough with something? We can do it. We can do it. I'm playing this sucker uncensored. Uh, that would be great if he did. I'm quite sure he's said it before.
Speaker 3: Sign bitch. Oh that's clever.
Speaker 7: That's somebody on the somebody on the chat that put me up to it is.
Speaker 1: That's a clever Sign Zealand. Okay, let's see what we got here. I want to show you something that I thought was pretty jarring. This was a study that was done this week, and the generations and the gap that we've seen on mental health stuff is crazy to me. Look at this when you ask this question to the generations, generations being Boomer, gen X, gen X, I try not to forget about you around here. Everybody forgets about you, gen X, I try not to do that around here. Boomer, gen X, millennial and gen Z and they asked the question to these generations, and they said, to Boomers, is this sentence true, Okay, mental health challenges are an important part of my identity, all right, Not that you take mental health seriously, not that therapy is important, not any of those things, but mental health challenges are an important part of my identity. When they asked the Boomers, twenty seven percent of men agreed with that and thirty four percent of women. So for Boomers, most people said no, mental health challenges are not an important part of my identity. When they went to gen X, it was right down the middle. It was about fifty fifty. When they asked women, forty or fifty three percent of them said yes, mental health challenges are an important part of my identity. And when they asked men, it was about forty seven. So gen X was about split down the middle on whether they think mental health challenges are an important part of their identity.
Speaker 2: Challenges added, like the challenges you face meant in your mental health or you take a challenge.
Speaker 1: That quote exactly. It's saying that your mental health issues are not something that you just find to be important or something, but are an important part of your identity who you are who you are, right, So they asked gen X, and it was fifty to fifty. The Boomers were like, barely any everywhere to do it. Millennials. Millennial men were at about fifty six percent, Millennial women were at.
Speaker 3: Sixty seven percent.
Speaker 1: Okay, said that mental health challenges are an important part of their identity, and the Zoomers sixty seven percent of the males said that that was true, and seventy two percent of females. So, just in case you're lost in the sauce numbers, wise here from the Boomer generation saying like, hey, only about a quarter of us think that mental health challenges are an important part of their identity, to now three quarters of people and Gen Z think mental health challenges are an important part of my identity. And that is a pretty shocking pendulum swing there all right Now, to me, I would look at this and say, gen X, I think you had it about right. I think the fifty if they slide on, this is about right. The Boomers are all about like pushing it down and not crying and be strong and we're fine. Everything's good. We're good, we're good, we're good. No problem here. But now, God, did we reach the other end of the rainbow, with seventy two percent of women saying that mental health challenges are an important part of their identity. That's pretty crazy. Abraham dragon Friend says, it's a weird question. It's not really, it's not. It means to say, like, not only do you think mental health is important, but it's important part of who you are. That's probably somebody who engages in like therapy speak. That's somebody who literally would say that this is if you said, explain yourself in five words, one of them would probably be that you know that that is such a crazy swing in numbers. You do not see that kind of stuff at all on any issue. You're not going to see a switch that big. I wouldn't think. So there you go. Let's see what else we have here. As we start to wrap things up today, let's hear from how about Osman talking about his parents' philosophy on teen drinking. I'm interested.
Speaker 6: I know when I was a teenager given an older teenager, but you know, me and my friends and our parents would have this rule where yeah, we'll give you a little bit to drink a lot, but you know, a little bit and you can drink but you have to stay either inside or in the backyard.
Speaker 1: And you're not leaving.
Speaker 6: You're not going to ride your bikes, you're not going to drive the cars, you're not doing any of that stuff. And I mean it was only ever like four maybe five of us at most.
Speaker 3: It was never like a huge party.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the difference between what you're saying and what happened in this case with the doctor is the parents are like a present force at the party. So the parents are there to go, you, guys, you know you're not leaving. Here's what you're doing. We're going to literally make sure you're safe. And in the case of this doctor that was in trouble for the party that happened with all the kids passing out and stuff, she was there, but she was in her room and she wasn't like actively overseeing anybody at this party, so she couldn't even tell them like, don't go into the front yard, don't be falling all over the place. She just wasn't really involved. And I think what happens many times is parents want to help their kids be cool with other kids. They want their kids to be seen as like, you know, somebody fun, and they want to be seen as a fun mom, and they want to be like this particular type of character, and then they inject themselves into this and then all of a sudden, somebody gets like sick or drinks too much and the cops show up. And when the cops show up, then it's a whole different thing becomes out at it becomes an issue where the like the law comes into it.
Speaker 3: Obviously.
Speaker 1: Here's concrete Mike talking about something he saw that was strange.
Speaker 8: All right, Hackey Weekend News Junkie crew. Hey, so I have a question. I've saw something driving that I've never noticed before. All vehicles license plates have a registration sticker with a month and a date. I was behind a particular vehicle, just a common car, and the sticker had a bold capital P and capital M on it, and that was it.
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 7: No, I believe it stands for permanent PM.
Speaker 1: You can have a permanent registration. Why don't I have one of those? I would very much like that I never have to renew it again.
Speaker 2: It's a that has like three or four letters on their license plate.
Speaker 7: It's permanent registration for fleet vehicles, most commonly used by rental car companies. It's a special decal that replaces the traditional monthly and yearly expiration stickers for vehicles that are part.
Speaker 2: Of my nights.
Speaker 1: Somebody hook it up, please, all right, fleet, I'll pretend like I'm part of a fleet. What do I can? I just can I just pretend like some rich people around. Rich people get away with this kind of stuff. Remember not Tim Cook, but oh what's his name? Steve Jobs found a loophole in the law so he could not have a license plate at all on his car in California. What was a loophole? The loophole? I don't know, just seeing if you could look this up, so I'm not sounding crazy. Steve Jobs no license plate loophole, And he found some kind of like loophole, and then he said, I don't want people looking up my license plate and checking out my information. So he never had one on his car when he would park at Apple and would drive around without a license plate because he found some like legal loophole to be able to do that.
Speaker 3: Unless I completely made this up, it allowed.
Speaker 7: Him to drive without license plates by leasing a new car every six months, I had.
Speaker 2: A temporary license plate. Because he gets pulled over if you had no license plate.
Speaker 1: Like he's doing it through the dealer. Kind of the.
Speaker 7: Loophole was a provision that gave new vehicles a six month grace period before permanent plates were required. He would lease an identical new car, typically a silver Mercedes s L fifty five AMG, just before the six month deadline, so he never drove a car that had permanent plates.
Speaker 2: He's like, I'm gonna do that whole medicine loophole too.
Speaker 1: The loophole was later closed by new legislation. Damn, they closed the loophole. That's that's the worst thing to happen. He never want that. Okay, we're going to take a quick break. When we come back, we're going to wrap everything up for the whole week. We're going to do the final dispatches. Of course the stories that did make the cut. And today I learned to wrap everything up for a Friday and send you off into the weekend and have some fun. That's coming up next in the news. Chunk Key shouts out to the podcasters for making it this far. Honestly, in the podcast, it's like.
Speaker 7: With the with the ads just interrupting us.
Speaker 1: Gross, it's just an affront to the senses that they would.
Speaker 2: Do that segment brought to you by a hydroxy cut.
Speaker 1: And imagine if it's if I'm in the middle of a sense, I'm like and the most unbelievable, and then bam, you go off to some casino commercial or ten.
Speaker 2: Year anniversary of our podcast.
Speaker 1: What are you going to say next chumble onemble casino or whatever. I don't know what they run on that thing, but uh yeah, sorry for those things happening, But thank you for hanging out with us each day on the podcast. It's a it's a pleasure to have you. Let's see, we got a little bit of time here. We do actually have a little bit of time. So with that, let's work in our final dispatches. He's on the World dispatches, but Sean will only yeah, we got so much time to play the whole song.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 1: I'm not I won't do that, but I will see what we can work in at the final minute. Here, let's go to here's Craig k from Colorado.
Speaker 19: Hey, guys and gals, I just want to say.
Speaker 2: Uh oh oh no, that's.
Speaker 1: Me and my WiFi is a little wonky here at the end, I'll get him back up and running here. Hold on, I knew this was going to happen. It's this Friday at the finish line, so of course there's going to be like some absolute annoyance for me right there.
Speaker 3: I let's see if this works this time. I don't know if it will, but.
Speaker 19: Hey, guys and gals, just want to say, hope, you guys have a great weekend as all.
Speaker 1: No, it's just it's a problem as always. We'll never know. We'll never know what he has to say, or I will if I wait long enough. Here just you know, I forget it. It's Friday. We'll just wait, you said, multiple dispat I did. I did. We'll just sit back and Craig loads up. I might be able to Craig you load up while we go to Here's I'm not a hippie, Sabrina.
Speaker 9: You just said four words that I will never forget. That always bring me back to two thousand and seven, two thousand and nine you said getting buck and here that song you're talking about you see have party days at fou Bar, TDS Nights Library, walking around with pictures of Blue Long Island and having hangovers and regret every single night we went out.
Speaker 1: Wow, those are the days, good times, good times. You don't know what.
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think I know that one.
Speaker 2: Tell you the artist, But boy was at an Anthey.
Speaker 1: It's not ringing a bell, but I'm sure if I heard like the fully produced version, you know my mind. Here, that sounds like you're going to curse everything time every time she's doing it. She heard Trump say the F word, and here she goes e.
Speaker 2: J Elli, I wonder.
Speaker 1: That sounds fake? Whose things that Dj felly fel You should we go back to Crag and see what he was winding up for.
Speaker 19: Yeah, hey, guys and gals, just want to say, hope, you guys have a great weekend. As always, thank you for entertaining. Entertaining me, uh, because I only get a chance to listen to the actual podcast.
Speaker 1: Jis usually so oh yeah. First of all, that's super nice of you. He's sitting there and he's saying, even though I listened to the podcast, I know the show is ending right now, and so I want to thank them for the week. Well, thank you, Crag, thank you. We appreciate that. Some emails. Maybe on the way out, somebody says, hi, I'm Andrew. I'm visiting my two daughters from Pennsylvania to tips at the news Junkie dot com. It's still. It's so good to hear this station kicking ass and taking names. The last time I was a regular listener, it was Monsters in the Midday, the Phillips File. Oh my god, he says, is Auto still an F word for gays?
Speaker 3: Was that a thing on the show.
Speaker 1: That I don't know? All right? Is Auto still at F? A G? Is what it says?
Speaker 3: And thinking about?
Speaker 1: But it's in quotes, so it's like a it must have been a bit or something. I think it was a drop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know that one.
Speaker 1: He says. And it's some other folks who have been on the station. Thanks for being a very listenable show. On the divorce question, the waiting also a lot of divorce sees have found partners and realize that the coabitation thing seems cool. Great show, says Andrew. Thank you, Andrew, appreciate you out there. Thanks for the support.
Speaker 2: I will reach out to Auto.
Speaker 1: You're just gonna text on that. Hey, are you still that's well? I feel like I probably would keep some distance. Is this it.
Speaker 4: Heaven?
Speaker 1: Okay, nothing.
Speaker 2: You don't remember the.
Speaker 1: Song that Who was doing that voice? Who is that voice that's singing.
Speaker 2: That part dropping to the ground. Yeah, but it says like ludicrous Acon.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a Kon. I do know Akon's voice from that. Yeah, it was a bang the dead Diddy too, huh man did he He's I got some news about Diddy for from the future here to the past where you were singing that getting bucking heer song?
Speaker 3: Did?
Speaker 1: Things didn't work out so well for Diddy. He's going to be in prison for.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's see somebody. Gavin Newsom, the governor of California, is talking about these protests that.
Speaker 3: Are happening, happening this weekend.
Speaker 1: These are the what is it no King's protests?
Speaker 20: A declaration of independence against the tyranny.
Speaker 2: Where is he the back of a CBS.
Speaker 1: Against lawless Yeah, he's in some sort of medical facility because it says eleven dollars insulin in front of some the context that there was no rule of law. It was the rule of king.
Speaker 20: And I think increasingly people are waking up to the rule of law in this country increasingly appearing to be the rule of don And I hope it's dawning on people. Oh and what's at stake?
Speaker 1: I see what you did. He's talking about these protests that are this week, and I hope they're peaceful protests. I hope nothing spirals out of control.
Speaker 2: I know the one in town is going to be during the come out with By parade, so.
Speaker 1: The parade goes through the protest.
Speaker 2: I have no idea. I don't know where the protest is or just not. It's at the same time.
Speaker 1: Let's see here that'll have to do it. I think we'll get the hell out of the way. Thank you all for hanging out with us. We do appreciate it. And there will be a secret show that drops in a couple of hours for those of you or some scribers. If you're not, go peek around at that over on the newsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 3: For right now, let's do today, I learned The.
Speaker 1: Following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ, so don't get cocky.
Speaker 5: How it's done what we call today.
Speaker 1: It is today learned for a Friday, October seventeenth, twenty twenty five. Today learned this show right here Sunday Nay Street sunny Days is kind of correct. Sesame Street is accurate Northern Callawa. You might not know him by that name, but you might know that he was David on Sesame Street from nineteen seventy one to nineteen eighty nine. You might not know that he had a breakdown in nineteen eighty in Nashville where he attacked a woman with an iron broke into a family's house and smashed their fine crystal and poured herbicide all over his body, well, wearing a Superman T shirt and nothing else. Get They didn't, They didn't show that on Sesame Street. Unfortunately, today learned good news, short kings good news. Shorter men actually live longer. Accord into a major US study found men under five foot eight lived almost five years longer. Those five to five are shorter lived almost seven years longer than men who are six feet or taller.
Speaker 3: And uh, you know that's one good thing.
Speaker 1: That's a sertainly in today learned guess guess who this is? Well, you're not going to guess. No Yeah, Joe Satri Johnny. This is Pope Francis's progressive rock album No Way Yeah, which is titled wake Up, which was released in twenty fifteen on the digital and it's just like metal music, and then it has the Pope speaking in it every once in a while sort of, well not sort of.
Speaker 3: It's a lot strange.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not for me personally, but somebody might like it. Today learned houseflies can get addicted to nicotine and cocaine and smokers homes. House and fruit flies will change their evolutionary behaviors to seek out cigarette smoke even though nicotine is extremely toxic to them. Today learn in two thousand and two, mcdonald'slaunched the sandwich called McK Africa in Norway and Denmark. While the name attracted significant criticism among public opinion, it was praised by the African youth in Norway. And finally, today learned this Songay that's right, Fight for your Right to Party, a lady, famous party song from the Beastie Boys. They say it was actually a parody of the party lifestyle, though I don't believe that. They said. The only thing that upsets me is we might have reinforced certain values of some people in our audience when our own values were totally different. No, they weren't about partying. They say, thank you so much. For hanging out with us.
Speaker 3: We do appreciate it.
Speaker 1: We're back on Monday, same time, time, the same place, listending the show. Get the podcast over on the NEEWS junkie dot com. Have a great week oh boy, have a great weekend. We'll see you next time. Everybody weekend. You gotta fight for you, all right,