Speaker 1: You have every key, demograh, super duper.
Speaker 2: That's nice, fight a goo Nito gay.
Speaker 3: Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 4: It is the twenty third day of July twenty twenty sixth Good morning, everybody, wake up, get ready for the Power Trip Morning Show.
Speaker 5: Welcome.
Speaker 4: My name is Chris Hockey, and here we go, ladies and gentlemen. Big Thursday. No Tommy today. Sorry about that, but we do have Ben in a cast of thousands. You know, lots to get to today on the show. So let's get her started with some some good old comedy. Mitch Hedberg comedy on a Thursday morning, Abigail Hockey's birthday and a great day.
Speaker 5: Add come on in. I am glad you are here.
Speaker 6: Image's cool. He gets concerned. He says, Mitch, don't use liquor as a crutch. I can't use liquor as a crutch because a crutch helps me walk. Liquor severely screws up the way I walk. It ain't like a crutch, It's like a step I didn't see. My alcoholism is a disease, but it's like the only disease that you can get yelled at. For heaven, I want to be a race car passenger, just a guy who bugs the driver, say, man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down? All we gotta keep going in circles. Man, you really lack time.
Speaker 2: I'm doing.
Speaker 7: That's right, super side sweet and.
Speaker 3: Feeds on your side.
Speaker 8: You here the distance under this in you stay all right.
Speaker 1: Thursday, July twenty third of twenty twenty six. Yeah no, tell me also today, but John criesel in his spot. Well, bonus, grace, what's up?
Speaker 2: Good morning, let's.
Speaker 1: Go Okay, I'm not bad, not bad, I'm Corey, it's Chris, there's Paul max Zach And again John criesoel.
Speaker 5: Tell me you come me in, old son of a bitch, please.
Speaker 2: You, old son of a bad Thank you?
Speaker 3: Yay?
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 2: Man? Excellent?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 5: Good good?
Speaker 9: It always throws me off. So this is a Thursday. I've been in on Wednesdays. I just I always say when I'm in on a no on Friday. I need to tell myself when I'm leaving here and I see people in the hallway to not say have a great weekend. I want them to have a great weekend. I don't want to say that day because its everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could say that on a Monday though, Right, have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: It's someone nice thing to say. Maybe you should start doing that.
Speaker 5: Have a good flight you too?
Speaker 1: The YouTube? God, I love that bit.
Speaker 9: I recently stopped doing that.
Speaker 10: That's so good, so good.
Speaker 3: Although driver you too, if.
Speaker 9: You ever take a flight, you don Yeah, it's hard to be that clean and that funny, but Reagan always does it.
Speaker 3: Man, have a great weekend. But nobody's walking away from you going that a have a great weekend.
Speaker 2: It's what they're probably like.
Speaker 9: Whatever he's been through. Yeah, it's been a lot, right man. Vietnam is tough on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I bet that guy head and he replaced.
Speaker 5: I don't think i've seen you since uh dead would no?
Speaker 2: And I walk in here and I have mail from Deadwood.
Speaker 9: I don't get mail at the station, and here is from my friends at West.
Speaker 2: River Whiskey Company, which is a great spot.
Speaker 4: Man, dude, we got to go out there just you and me, get an apartment deal and literally like just share it.
Speaker 9: It's I get asked all the time what Chloe loves so much about dad Wood, And I can't even explain it because she just loves being there. She goes to ten reenactments a day of you know, the shootouts. Yeah, yeah, she's yeah, it's it's just it's awesome.
Speaker 4: I've never known anyone who didn't at least think it was cool. Most people I know that I when they finally go out there after being bugged by me for years, are like, Kim.
Speaker 5: You're right, man, this place is the best.
Speaker 4: It's like a small town with all these giant casinos and bars and fun and history.
Speaker 5: That's all it is.
Speaker 9: It's just everything, and it's just the vibe is cool. It's it's fun. But yeah, she walks around at this age, she likes going into the shops. We have conversation, she asks about thinking. She tells me about the wild West, so because she's an expert, her and wild Bill are friends.
Speaker 2: So it's like all these things.
Speaker 9: And we had family go up there with us this time, extended family, and they brought their kiddos and they every day had activities around the Black Hills area, so their itinerary was packed. And Chloe, we did a chuck wagon dinner one night where we went by Mount Rushmore wrote a covered wagon to go and have steaks cooked. It was awesome, very scenic, and she loved it, but the whole time she was like, I think we got to get back to Deadwood.
Speaker 5: Though, that's my girl.
Speaker 2: Just wants to get back to Deadwood.
Speaker 1: So I'll hang on because I follow you on social media. It was just Chloe's birthday, Savvy's birthday today.
Speaker 5: Today, She's twenty four years Good.
Speaker 3: Morning, sledge us Man.
Speaker 1: Chloe just turned seven and I saw on social media that you she wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse. She did the whole like sit on the saddle thing, may oh yeo ye, how the whole bit. But did you say in that post that was your first time there? Yes, so that was your first time experiencing the cinnamon butter rolls.
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Did it not change your life?
Speaker 9: Diamond Harden? It was that.
Speaker 3: Cinnamon butter bread is a thousand out of ten right, Yes, it's as good as it gets.
Speaker 9: I I feel like I have I can be impulsive, but I have very good self control.
Speaker 2: If I say I'm going to stop, I'm going to stop.
Speaker 9: That was extremely difficult to stop at one because I wanted to eat the steak and the ribs and all of the things. My god, I felt like a monster stopping Kowe at like two of them.
Speaker 2: It was their birthday on.
Speaker 9: The Texas Roadhouse is the best and the whole experience was awesome. We had a group of seven though, so even though we're on the wait list, we had a little bit of weight once we got there, but super fun. We will be back in the Chloe's school or you know, in the summer. It's her school, but it's like a daycare situation. But they do field trips. Her school did a field trip to Texas Roadhouse and that's what precipitated this.
Speaker 5: And can I just ask you a question? Yes, was it mister Lambert?
Speaker 2: Jeez?
Speaker 9: And they're like, you don't work here server wise, you bring all these kids.
Speaker 3: So how many are we at?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: There's like four or five in the Twin Cities. It can be many more than that.
Speaker 2: We have Woodbury.
Speaker 9: I know that there's Coon Rapids, there's South Metro, there's.
Speaker 3: One actually Apple Valley has one as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so we're in that four five six range right, it looks to be four four okay.
Speaker 9: Which is plenty. Don't do more money. This place was packed. They're always packed.
Speaker 2: But whoever, the marketing folks there are genius.
Speaker 9: They bring they brought a bunch of the kids from her daycare, kids care whatever. Before the restaurant opens for the day, they go through the kitchen. I think they help make some of the bunds or see how it's done and learn about it. They get a T shirt that's like Texas Roadhouse kid and that. When she got back from that field trip, I was like, how was your field trip to Texas Roadhouse?
Speaker 3: She was like, it was so cool.
Speaker 9: I want to go there on my actual birthday, not for my party, but on my actual birthday.
Speaker 3: And we're like, let's do it. And she loved it. That's great. Yeh, that's it.
Speaker 5: Man, live in the dream brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those things are always piping hot. Butter just melts a seconds. For God's sake.
Speaker 5: I'm almost there, and I mean it.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's not kidding.
Speaker 5: We've talked about Deadwood and Texasthouse and Deadwood.
Speaker 9: It's over, Johnny the other the other thing to the slot machine situation.
Speaker 2: You know what Tim likes to do. Slot machine? Slot machine.
Speaker 9: And my wife's cousin and his wife great people. They're very they love us and they accept us for who we are, but they don't behave.
Speaker 1: The same if you know what, they're embarrassed to be around you.
Speaker 9: And his wife, Sarah just a saint. God bless her. And she has to put up with Jacob too, so God bless her. Two times, she was playing a slot machine and Tim was on one side and I was on the other, and.
Speaker 3: I was like an Eiffel tower of a slot machine.
Speaker 2: And so was like a video of it. I said, I know this is awkward.
Speaker 9: Just don't make eye contact with us and keep pressing the button. So she's hitting the button because we're telling her to power bomb it.
Speaker 2: Well, Tim's on one side, I was on the other. It was this.
Speaker 9: Yeah triangle, although sorry to hijack this for a segment. A guy came out from it. I had said, yeah, Zach, and he said, I ordered a jack and diet and he brings it out and he was like, here you go. I knocked down all the foam. I'm sorry, and I was like, what I smelled it? It smelled like a beer. It was like a without ice and it was some whiskey, maybe a splash of diet, but no ice, half full glad, weirdest thing ever, kind of shut down our mojo for a minute.
Speaker 2: I drank it but.
Speaker 3: I love some suspicious drink.
Speaker 1: You're like, this is wrong, I'm going to immediately consume it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was safe, Yeah, for sure getting roof.
Speaker 9: He would have put me on his shoulder, like the bald eagle sculpture I bought.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course I saw that.
Speaker 2: By the way, Yeah, where to put that front porch?
Speaker 5: Yeah right, you did?
Speaker 3: Porch brilliant.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful and it sends a message.
Speaker 9: Shoot, when people walk up to the front porch, you better not mess around this eagle.
Speaker 2: Go and get you did?
Speaker 5: Did you get it right by woos there?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Man, that place has got all kinds of stuff. That guy's an artist.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure. Yea.
Speaker 9: My wife was like, we need one of these. I was like, all right, this one would look really good. She's like, what about that one? And I was like, oh, that's a bit more. We barely squeezed it into the rental vehicles.
Speaker 4: You guys are my heroes. The VIP MVPs and all the piece. We have all the piece.
Speaker 1: So the Deadwood drive is around nine hours according to Google.
Speaker 2: Is that sound about right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Nine and nothing to do about it.
Speaker 9: Damn we break it up though. We stopped at Mitchell oh okay, Yeah, and then we stayed at a hotel Chloe Swims and whatever. There was that place it's called BLARNEY's where there's on the way to the restroom, there's lockers and there's a Ben Lieber locker, a Chad Greenway locker.
Speaker 3: I forget the kicker.
Speaker 2: It's a big name kicker in the NFL.
Speaker 5: No, he's from California, and I thought he was from that.
Speaker 9: I don't know, yep, I forget, but it was a big name kicker that ary could be venitary.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kicker from South Dakota.
Speaker 3: And then the ride from the Lanitaries from South Dakota.
Speaker 9: And I think you're at about four and a half to get to Deadwood, so from there it's not bad.
Speaker 3: It breaks it up.
Speaker 1: He's from something called Yankton, South Dakota. Oh yeah, went to South Dakota State from ninety one and nine before.
Speaker 9: I believe that used to be the capital before, you know, when it was Dakota Territory and.
Speaker 3: Not the state.
Speaker 5: I don't know what I'm thinking.
Speaker 3: He moved a rapid city. Yeah, I love rapid City.
Speaker 5: The city is the jam.
Speaker 3: You should move. That's where he is.
Speaker 5: There right now I should be there right now talking to you guys from there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so pretty, and.
Speaker 5: How much happier i'd be than you guys.
Speaker 3: We would hear the slot machines in the background, right.
Speaker 5: You can you take it?
Speaker 2: Ang when I almost went upside.
Speaker 9: Chloe's had because we when we left mout Rushmore, she immediately was like, can I have? Can I have the iPad? And we even on these long drives, we'll do like thirty minutes iPad and then a long time of window time.
Speaker 2: Enjoy it.
Speaker 9: We can chat, you could do activities, color, read books, whatever, but we're not going to do NonStop electronics.
Speaker 2: And she goes, it's this nature here and.
Speaker 9: I go what And I look you look out the window and it is freaking gorgeous, of course, like this is cottage grovever Woodbury Man.
Speaker 2: And then she was just.
Speaker 1: Sure, Yeah, it's the iPad, cogeneration man, toy story five.
Speaker 3: Those lily pads, God, damn lily pads.
Speaker 2: That changed her.
Speaker 3: I think she seems now to not to realize it the enemy. It is the enemy. It's just nature. Yeah, just look at it.
Speaker 9: Chris, you need to uh get on that list next year. You need to be on stage that Toby Keith. We were so excited for the Toby Keith cover band. Guy Tim caused a bit of a ruckous not even intentionally. There was just a guy in front of us that was a weirdo. The guy would tell like ten minutes of stories between songs and it was ridiculous stuff like he what he had for breakfast, and then it's that somehow relates to this Toby Keith song or whatever. My father in law is just like this sky, we're gonna stop talking. But he said it quiet where Tim said it a little louder. And then the guy ahead of them must have been related to the guy and was.
Speaker 1: All nobody wants Toby Keith to talk for ten Toby Keith cover.
Speaker 5: Band amazing if you did, yea, his family.
Speaker 3: Might weekend at Bernie's.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So when we did karaoke that night, which we're not karaoke people, but we still did.
Speaker 5: I know which bar you're talking about?
Speaker 2: Do I know the Nugget? The nugget right right by there?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And my my wife named her group the Girls Sluts.
Speaker 9: For America, And so anytime they're like, all right, Sluts for America are up now we're in there, and we told my father in law about it the next day and he's like.
Speaker 2: Did you guys tell ten minutes of stories before each.
Speaker 3: The best? So, how many casinos are in Deadwood? You had to guess right downtown?
Speaker 5: Probably nine, ten, maybe.
Speaker 9: Nine because are the gold Dust family and they're across the street connected next to each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you got the you know, the one in the Hilton there, you got the They all of them, right.
Speaker 1: They're compared to the gaming floor at like Treasure Island. What's the biggest casino in Deadwood size?
Speaker 9: We're yeah, probably the Deadwood Grand or the Silverado across from the Franklin and those.
Speaker 2: Aren't very big.
Speaker 9: The one in our we stay at the Holiday and gold Dust my basement where you played poker many times.
Speaker 3: Is about that. It's about the size of that.
Speaker 1: No kidding, yeah, but it's really like boutique little small casinos. There's at least one or two at are semi sizable.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but semi sizable. We're not talking large at all.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, so like half the size of TI or not even that.
Speaker 1: No, we're talking ten percent wow, And they're happy you're there, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And it's not. It's not a throwaway.
Speaker 4: The one up on the I think the one around the corners your head towards lead.
Speaker 5: That one up there on the left.
Speaker 9: I forget, Uh is it the mountain it's something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks like a big like.
Speaker 5: Tin shad that feels like more like no, no, that.
Speaker 9: S Lizzie is a very nice one. That's a good sized one. That's at the very end of one.
Speaker 4: Sam's Buddy runs now. Oh yeah, yeah, great sports. Jack's gold like Jack's Cadillac. Jackson's a nice star.
Speaker 1: Mister Woo's mineral Palace, Silverado.
Speaker 9: Never lose by hard rock. Yeah, that's a very small one, but very nice. That's where Tim, tim Acara and and the other stayed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Landmark Deadwood Mountains and slots.
Speaker 9: They have better paybacks by percentage than Vegas too. There petty slots are ninety five ish.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and even if you lose, you're still in dead with Yeah, that's what I'm saying, right, I gotta buy a place out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, agree, But then you couldn't stay in the hotels with the casino.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, he could.
Speaker 2: He'll live there in America Airbnb the place he Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you know what, if you lived in like a casino, Chris, you know what, you would never have to worry about my gutters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, leaves in your gutters at Gutter Help mn dot com. All have more of the powertrop Morning Show after this Ben Leber at seven. This is the Powertram Morning Show on.
Speaker 9: The Van.
Speaker 11: Saw Us and a cast of thousands November eighteenth through the twenty third at Circa Resort and Casino Live shows, a Friday Night Bash and Purple Football at Stadium. Swim book with promo code Power Trip or a special roommate for a room rate. Full details at Cafe dot com slash Vegas.
Speaker 1: That'll be here before we know it. Well, let me tell you, Yeah, why go to Deadwoe? You can just go to Vegas with the powertro Morning Show.
Speaker 5: Why can't you do both?
Speaker 3: Can you both? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sorry, because you don't live in Deadwood yet you're still mad.
Speaker 3: He was just talking about how he could do it.
Speaker 5: I can do it. And let me tell you Texans man, it's one of those Florida states. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I mean they're great there, so you get it.
Speaker 4: I think I have to live there for six and a half months. A year in order to claim citizenship there right, Yeah, would you guys be able to live with.
Speaker 2: Me for six that month? You know?
Speaker 1: Be a fun little experiment is how long we take the rest of the building to realize you're not here, Tony don't. My guess is you would have lived more than six months in one day before they realize has Chris that been here in six months and one day?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 9: I just turned his mic off man, look at this place, old barn and everything. I don't need a poll barn, baby, It's just however, though we did we.
Speaker 2: Did a double decker tour and double decker bus tour.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 9: The guy said that there they get over two hundred inches of snow a year.
Speaker 5: I know, I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he'd love that.
Speaker 5: Yeah that is that's a lot of snow. That's a lot of este.
Speaker 3: He'd love that though.
Speaker 5: And plus I could live up on Lead or in Hill City, you know, it's less expensive.
Speaker 9: Could take the eighteen eighty eight train, although that derailed not that long ago.
Speaker 5: Want to take baby, how dare you don't talk to me like that?
Speaker 9: And then go to West River Whiskey. They're awesome. And then Joel as a listener.
Speaker 5: Head on down to Sturgis whenever I want.
Speaker 2: Yes, is that going on right now?
Speaker 4: I know it's about a week. Yeah, it starts about it little over a week. Not playing there again this year because I'm stupid.
Speaker 9: Next year the week or the fourth? Do you get on the list for Red White and Wooze Man, get on there, you be on stage.
Speaker 3: He'd never come back.
Speaker 5: Do you remember when Tony Stimper tried to make us laugh and he almost died choking on.
Speaker 2: The hot dog? He tried to Joey Chestnut.
Speaker 4: He did and then he died and we couldn't stop laughing, and we didn't realize he was literally choking to death right in front of us.
Speaker 2: Because he didn't we know why. He couldn't say he could breath.
Speaker 5: He died. He doesn't like that memory.
Speaker 2: He would have been the one person that did lose that wuz.
Speaker 3: He did lose a wombs.
Speaker 1: Well, you know you have to make the international sign for choking. You can't try to talk and say I'm choking. To put your hands to your neck and let everybody.
Speaker 5: And if I remember, I was so drunk I had to go to my van and.
Speaker 3: Go to sleep.
Speaker 2: You did your van was parked at right by woods the.
Speaker 5: Woos, and I had to go go to sleep. That's how drunk I was.
Speaker 3: Is mister w a fictional character or is this person still around?
Speaker 9: It's a fictional character from the show and movie dead Wood, but it's based on the Chinese population that.
Speaker 2: Lived there and did laundry.
Speaker 3: Yet did.
Speaker 1: So because that would be sweet if you could actually meet him and know him and a friendly would be great friends.
Speaker 4: It's a tiny and they make their own varieties of stuff, like if you want fireball, they've got a fireball.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 9: They make their Yeah, they make their own. There's free hot dogs, free hot dogs. They are not like the slender. These are Lexington steel.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He thought couldn't take it.
Speaker 2: They're free, they're freeze.
Speaker 5: Well, they wanted to eat a free hot dog and drink some woo.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We crushed the little Shop of Horrors machine there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's fun.
Speaker 3: I love that machine. It's fun.
Speaker 5: It's and they usually it's only a three dollar max bed, but it's fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah. How do I know that?
Speaker 2: Why would you know that?
Speaker 5: What's going on with me?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: Deadwood, South Dakota.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just did, like thirty minutes of free advertise of the Tourism Department of South Dakota.
Speaker 3: That sounds sweet, though, you.
Speaker 5: Guys want some leftovers from yesterday? Sure, because I got some good stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, an open I do, but I don't know I do with it? Make a breaking glass sounds Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah's why I deleted it because it was really loud, and I remembered if I didn't delete it, I would just keep hitting it.
Speaker 5: I'd make a new one. But I've decided not to make a new one.
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 5: You men are under arrest following an undercover investigation into Tarzan exotics.
Speaker 4: Rosy Mark go on a business that allegedly offered exotic animal photo shoots in Baltimore County, which is Maryland. Detective say a lemur and an infants by monkey were recovered from an apartment.
Speaker 5: I'm hoping the monkey wasn't inside the lemur. Leavers eat monkeys. What's a lemur?
Speaker 2: I think they look like a little monkey. I think I think the long tail.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they do. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's like I was getting off on an exit and I knew it was the wrong one, but I just kept going. No, it's too late now, Yeah, not like.
Speaker 4: The guys who swerved from the fast lane into the exit. Don't you want to kill those? I want them dead, don't you?
Speaker 3: Yep? Yeah, you do all right?
Speaker 1: So far though not super nefarious, right, like, yeah, we got a couple of monkeys so far and you're taking pictures?
Speaker 3: Does this get even worse?
Speaker 4: Investigators alleged these suspects arranged photo sessions featuring exotic animals and agreed to meet with an undercover officer posing as a customer. The Baltimore Sun reports one suspect that also faces animal cruelty charges. Okay, well, while both men are charged in connection with a photo shoot that allegedly involved animals and a ring of fire.
Speaker 3: Oh there it is. It's getting Yeah, it's getting weird now, Joe, exotics involved. Let's not burn the monkeys.
Speaker 1: Take put a little cowboy hat on him and take a picture and get out there flamber shots.
Speaker 9: I want a monkey on a boat, yeah, or just wearing a little hat yeah, or like the yeah.
Speaker 3: Or you know, doing human stuff like the pictures on your walls.
Speaker 4: I got a guy you might have seen it on X said he was somebody like skipped town on him, and he was cleaning out their apartment and he found a picture of a of a cow a bowl, sitting on the toilet reading the newspaper and asked me if I wanted it, I'm like, name your price, man, I want it.
Speaker 5: I can't go to my own bathroom until I have it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just said.
Speaker 1: Think about what you just said instead of just throwing it away. He sees a picture of a cow reading a newspaper and a toilet, and he thinks, I bet Chris Hockey would want this. Yeah, I'm going to reach out to him and see if he'll make me an offer. And you thought about it.
Speaker 5: Oh, I sent him a blank check.
Speaker 3: Yeah, guaranteed offer. That's a cashiers check.
Speaker 2: Brother. And everybody on this.
Speaker 1: Show and on the station has like one weird thing that the entire Upper Midwest knows, Like like Tommy Olsen eats hotels food all the time.
Speaker 3: Well even how about Tommy, even this week wherever he was, he took a picture and.
Speaker 1: Posted it on social media, just like this buffet that was on the floor, and that was his exact caption was simply jackpot.
Speaker 3: It looked like there was a ton of food lafts and it was on the floor. He probably ate half of that, and.
Speaker 5: Now he has to because if you're behind him and he doesn't bend down and picked.
Speaker 3: Up the fry's jack pot. Gross?
Speaker 5: Can you imagine?
Speaker 3: So gross?
Speaker 5: We go to Vegas, I'm gonna do weird things to food and just leave it outside my room.
Speaker 1: In fact, we should actually do that, like we should We should have like a Tommy trap. We should order room service, put a bunch of food right outside of his room and see if we can get the people at CIRCA to have give us a access to the camera and just film him eating food that we leave in the hall.
Speaker 2: He trapped a full uneaten hot dog, but it smells like as oh, he'd be like he left the bun.
Speaker 5: I finally had it made my way.
Speaker 4: The Wilt Chamberlain Lakers jacket, a teenager founded a Portland, Oregon good will store earlier this year, has netted its owner much more than three dollars He paid.
Speaker 1: For yeah, three dollars and seven cents, and he turned it into eighty nine grand.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Brown saw the jacket in a bent of clothes and thought it might be worse something. A little research convinced Brown it was a warm up jacket warm by THEE Wilt Chamberlain in the nineteen seventy two to seventy three season. So the famous auction house Sotheby's agreed and put it up frouction. This week, the jackets sold for more than eighty nine thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Yep, kid's nineteen years old. Good for him, Good for him?
Speaker 5: In the sweet hell? Did that get?
Speaker 1: This is essentially Marnie on their son, right, because remember you know he like flips, He like flips vintage clothing.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So here's a nineteen year old finds a warm up jacket that says Chamberlain across the back and it's a Lakers colored thing, and he's like, it is real?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What is this?
Speaker 1: So he spend spends three bucks, gets it verified and they say, yeah, he wore this, and he likely wore it during the finals, specifically eighty nine thousand.
Speaker 3: I wonder how much of.
Speaker 1: The eighty nine he gets, because Southby's get some of it? Correct, Yes, Zach, can you look that up? What the average amount that Southerebea's gets when they put it up for auction.
Speaker 5: I wonder just one?
Speaker 3: What if it is five?
Speaker 4: Or I mean I could write a story about how that thing got there, But don't you think it was like some grandma or grandpa got it and it was a prize possession.
Speaker 3: But they died.
Speaker 5: They died and it was in their closet.
Speaker 3: Maybe didn't tell one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you don't know that it's the real thing and it ends up in a damn good will.
Speaker 1: There because otherwise did Chamberlain give it to somebody sixty years ago, fifty years ago, whatever it is is? Did the team just throw it out? Like how does it get thrown out? That stuff should be labeled.
Speaker 9: And this just reminded because like if I died right now, passed away on camera, then my wife, my daughter, they'd go through my things and they would see I have a Mark Madson from the Vikings back in the day, gave me a game Warren or no, sorry, Brad Madison. Uh, he gave me a practice Warren Randy Moss of Randy Moss Warren practice jersey. And it looks like because it's just printed, it's not the stitched, but on the inside it's got you.
Speaker 2: Know, the year on the inside of those jerseys always had something.
Speaker 9: But they wouldn't know that that would end up getting donated to Da V. It would end up at Savers and then should be by the curb with the giveaways. But that has to be how it happened or it just was there. They didn't tell anybody what it was and then But good on that kid. I always wonder that there's got to be people that go through Goodwill and they're specifically looking for stuff like that.
Speaker 4: I have an app on my phone that you can scan things and it'll tell you what it's worth. Really, I do it at antique stores all time. Yeah, it's pre cael showed to you. It's pretty neat man, Yes, because how fast it's ai damn. And maybe it's telling me not truth, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just wants them to spend money in the name and it works.
Speaker 5: Maybe. Yeah, it's called antique. Snap is what it's called.
Speaker 3: Googled that.
Speaker 5: I said, snap. By the way, I don't mind the other either.
Speaker 12: You have.
Speaker 3: It scans as well? Yeah, like confused.
Speaker 4: I have an adjustable antique a piano stool, and I thought, man, this thing's worth millions, but it's worth fifty and fifty bucks. But it's still pretty cool, you know.
Speaker 9: Well, and maybe they're only charging twenty five for it. Yeah right, right, yeah, sweet yeah man? Interesting? All right, Front Paid Sports. In a second, John Kriesel is here. Libra will be here at seven o'clock. This is the power to a morning show on the.
Speaker 13: Fan from the one eight hundred aspect. The takes don't stop when the mics turn off.
Speaker 11: Check out the cafe and YouTube channel for exclusive videos and depth takes, Mitchell's password games and behind the scenes contents. There's camfan it subscribed today. You can watch the interview. Max did WWE wrestlers on there? Very good, great content.
Speaker 14: Check it out today, Max, heay exactly nice work on those. Max appreciates the JKA. Hey wow, you guys are making me blush.
Speaker 3: Stop it. Time is super Front Paid Sports.
Speaker 2: Presented by.
Speaker 1: Holiday station stores red Bull three for six fifty for limited time.
Speaker 3: Go get some red Bull this morning at holiday. Wake up. It's Thursday.
Speaker 5: Wake up.
Speaker 3: It's almost a weekend.
Speaker 1: Right, You could wish somebody a good weekend even though it's Thursday, with some red Bull at holiday.
Speaker 3: Thanks Holiday, It's cool. It was a good weekend at holiday. Yeah man, all right the three m opening.
Speaker 1: Blaine is underwighing about what thirty forty minutes, give or take. I think they tee off at like six forty five. Yesterday, the number one golfer in the world, Scottie Scheffler, golfed with Kevin O'Connell koc of the Minnesota Vikings. And you know, Scheffler's doing all these press conferences and he's doing the whole like, Wow, everybody's really nice in Minnesota, and this seems very family friendly. And I'm going, I wonder if he hates it here, Like I'm sure he loves Minnesota, but I'm like, is he really mad that.
Speaker 3: He's playing the three M Open a week after the British Open. I wonder if he is?
Speaker 9: Well, there's reasoning. During the interviews, he said that he didn't want to have three weeks off before the FedEx Cup playoffs, which makes sense. Obviously he's compensated to be Yeah, Hunting Bank is one of his big spots. Okay, there, I would us are paying and a good amount of he has an appearance fee, yes, and it's good for the tournament. It's a great course. It's it's any way to get visibility here. Laying as hell that speeds dropped out acting like he's a good player. Now he was a big name and then he just does this. I mean this, This would have been good for him as well. But it is funny how Minnesotan's more than any place I've ever been.
Speaker 2: We need to hear people like it here and say we're nice. Right. It's it's so ridiculous.
Speaker 9: The Barrero says they like us, they like us, right, it's fly over country.
Speaker 1: It would be awesome if this tournament was a huge deal at some point. It's just hard to have it be a huge deal. It's one week after the British It's like everybody's realizing, well, the four majors are done.
Speaker 3: Does golf even really matter?
Speaker 1: Nobody really cares about the FedEx Cup except for the golfers, right. The rest of us doesn't go well gorg does Gorge and the golfers. It's the care It's a great golf market.
Speaker 9: Though at some point, if there is an opening besides the spot it's in right now, it would be great. But what I've always said is that the PGA Tour should have, you know, they have their big signature events. They should have a couple spots where the signature events travel they rotate, whereas like maybe every five years. The three M Open is one of the signature events. I think that would be a great way to grow the game and bring it to other places that really don't they're not big draws now, and I think that course deserves it.
Speaker 3: So did you say what Scotty Scheffler's odds are?
Speaker 1: Well, we went through the golfers yesterday and there was only like ten notable names. The rest of them are a bunch of people you've never heard of in a normal tournament, right, like a major. Scotty's normally like five to one or six to one. So my guess is for something like this, he's something like three.
Speaker 3: To one, three to one. Jeezy, he's gonna get the course record. Yeah he might. Yeah, wouldn't you take? I mean, if it's Scotty or the field, don't you take the field? Though? Still well you take, I still take the golf. Weird things happen. This isn't a shot at like the course or the tournament.
Speaker 15: But like we disrespect, with all due respect, we saw Dustin Johnson put in the water twice on like eighteen once or whatever it was because he didn't want to be there anymore, right, Scotty's a good dude and he'll want to play through it.
Speaker 10: But some of these guys, like like speed Proof, he just doesn't want to play in it. Right, So I think Scotty could win it and could probably get to twenty five under, maybe even thirty under, But it all depends on his I mean, you know, his street cut's gone. He lost that two weeks ago at the whatever it is, the Irish Open or whatever they play the Scottish Opens.
Speaker 9: So who knows plus two forty is a great number. He's nine wired like Dustin Johnson. Well, no, he has the prize and the course, especially the last couple holes there, they can eat you alive. But I mean people score there. I think the course records like or for the tournament what the winner usually is like minus twenty minus twenty.
Speaker 3: Two, something like that.
Speaker 9: So people are tossing around minus thirty for Scotty. We'll see, but it's cool to see him here.
Speaker 1: Let me check the old haym, let me check the yeah. See, this is exactly what I was curious about. So I just mentioned, you know, normally it's Scotty's like five to one, six to one, seven to one somewhere depending on which tournament it is, right, the big ones, and then you'll have like the mcelroys and whoever right behind him at like ten to one, eleven oh one, right somewhere like this is.
Speaker 3: Scheffler is on DraftKings plus two seventy.
Speaker 1: The next golfer is Maverick McNeely at plus twenty four hundred esus. So the closest is twenty four to one. What a gap between one and two? Yeah, and it's like Kida Yama, didn't you win it last year? Yes, Tom, Kim, Max Homa, Corey Conners, Sung JM, what else?
Speaker 3: Jackson's super? But the gap is significant. Mind the gap, Mind the gap.
Speaker 1: The Minnesota Twins finally won a baseball game. They won ten to six over Cleveland home runs by Larnak and Lee. One final game in Cleveland today at noon at twelve ten TODs Bradley for the Twins, Gavin Williams, whoever the hell that is for Cleveland.
Speaker 3: The Twins host the eventual Vegas A's tomorrow.
Speaker 1: At seven ten. Sweet Stadium's coming along. So I got a couple years ago, but it's getting there.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be sick.
Speaker 1: The bones are there. The skeleton of the stadium is advice.
Speaker 3: You can see it. It's there.
Speaker 1: So the Twins, uh now fifty and fifty three Cleveland fifty four and forty nine, chipping Away Minnesota Twins. Yeah, man, And I think this is the third straight day I've said this. There's nothing that shuts the showdown faster than doing a Twins update. Yeah, like nobody has anything to say, no response. I'm not even ripping you guys, because I have nothing to say either. But it's like, yep, that happened, and yeah, now it's over. Yeah, I mean, they're not a serious baseball No where are we going with this? What is there to discuss?
Speaker 3: What sucks?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 2: It starts at the top.
Speaker 1: Even a worthless NFL game, a worthless Vikings game in a week like fifteen or sixteen like we had last year, those five games, at the end, we found something to talk about, right, because there's something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's football. Football.
Speaker 1: Win you win a game like this, you're one hundred and three games into the season, fifty and fifty three, you're hovering around five hundred. You're like, well that was a thing, and nobody cares. There's nobody me saying you guys need to talk about the Twins.
Speaker 3: You need to.
Speaker 16: Yeah, they're just so streaky too that even when they do rattle off several wins or several series wins, we just know that eventually the ride is going to be over.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, no, what are I.
Speaker 3: Rush whatever? Yep.
Speaker 9: The wind streak was the like the Instagram filter where you look and you're like, that isn't their face?
Speaker 3: You know that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I can pretend I don't care it just just squinted a little bit, right, just close your eyes just a little bit, and it looks a little bit better.
Speaker 9: That filter is holding on for dear life, that filter, the Instagram filter, And you're like, just put your real face on there.
Speaker 2: Come on, You're not fooling anybody sometimes you know deep down, oh yeah, she's fooling me.
Speaker 3: But I'm willing to do the same thing.
Speaker 1: Max.
Speaker 2: Wanting to be fooled is different than yeah, hey, fool me all you want.
Speaker 1: At Barklows exactly, when was the last time any of us, and I'm being serious, when was the last time any of us were at an actual bar cloths where they shut it down?
Speaker 3: Because it was like two am this summer this summer with the well with Tommy. Yeah, shocking this year and.
Speaker 9: This is I am not twenty sixteen, John Cristel anymore. I probably four or five times this year. Probably good for you man.
Speaker 1: That that's the that's a I mean, two in the mornings is not a thing that I even no exists unless I'm in Las Vegas, right, jo I am is not happening.
Speaker 3: Earlier this year. It was the time I was at bar clothes.
Speaker 2: I was torn up.
Speaker 3: My friends had to tell me, brother, it's time to leave. I was doing the Shaggy on the dance.
Speaker 2: Yeah you wave them off though he said no I called.
Speaker 3: I was like ISO, So I got this, y'all smooth like sir. The establishment is closing.
Speaker 1: I still can't believe Shaggy did a like a duet with Sting. Just the strangest combo ever, not just in terms of personality, but like their music is not an overlap at all all.
Speaker 3: Well, and then.
Speaker 10: Was it Marty that interviewed Sting at a Wolve's game and he said, you can only interview me if you also talked to Shaggy. I think that's how that went. They're everywhere together. Still really strange. It's very strong.
Speaker 12: I like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think together, well, yeah, so many me overboard.
Speaker 13: That.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the dominant shaggy window was that like four.
Speaker 9: Well, it was like one, right, but then I was like early early two thousands, and then she was featured in stuff into the mid two thousands. I think I don't think he had another because then it went to shut up all give it to.
Speaker 3: Year and a half.
Speaker 1: Sean paul dominance was something to behold because he was everywhere for no, no, But honestly, how long did that last?
Speaker 3: Two years?
Speaker 1: May be tops, right, Sean Paul's window was so small, he was free, Oh so good.
Speaker 2: He dominated, he switched to being featured.
Speaker 3: That's that's.
Speaker 9: Not even in the ball, that's the band magic. He was huge when I was in Iraq, and that was six brilliant. It was all Sean Paul, Sean Paul.
Speaker 3: I just thought, how old do you think Sean Paul is today?
Speaker 2: No that I would say forty, he's got to be older than me. I'm going to say forty one.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say sixty nine. I must say he's younger than we think, like, yeah, thirty seven.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say it's a two eleven.
Speaker 1: R let Me do the math right, It was almost twenty five years ago, so he was he is now fifty three years old.
Speaker 3: No, John Paul's fifty nine.
Speaker 2: What was his first tip? Because I know his whole that album IRAQ right? Was those six.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: That's a bag? Or because the Bond Paul?
Speaker 2: Because it went from Sewn Paul to then was it Sean Kingston.
Speaker 1: One of that type of that genre. One Kingston was so straight like R and B. Sean Paul went with it was Gimme the Light was his first big hit. Then Get Busy, Oh great.
Speaker 3: Something called Mike Lou I'm still in love with you. We'd be burning temperature.
Speaker 9: I'm still in love with you, So that can be a little sexual for those first couple. Give Me the Light, Get Busy, the lamors Alzheimer's temperature though, just really Yeah.
Speaker 3: His best work and Conway having her happy. This this is the Power Drip Morning show on the fan.
Speaker 5: Our iHeart radio music, Crash. I'd say Michael the Big Night doors open at five thirty, giving away tickets C thirty especial Big c HP show going to celebrate Aby's birth. It's gonna be fun. Come on we go on at seven three doors open five here. We got a great open.
Speaker 4: All kinds of good stuff happened, and we're raising money, raising money to help veterans who are are struggling to find money for food.
Speaker 5: So we're raising money for that tonight.
Speaker 3: Well John's against that, yeah, yes, sure very much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's anti veteran, anti veteran ever since Vietnam.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hated that. Uh you know, Abby only has one year left, guys, Well that's terrible. Well that's oh yeah, just getting old twenty four, one year left. Yah, yeah, one year ago.
Speaker 17: Well, good luck, happy birthday. Ass that's what really matters. The scores and stats around the world of sports. And in between, Crystal change your life for something else.
Speaker 1: And it's brought to you by Ovo Lasick and Lens, doctor Mark Lomanoff and doctor David White and go get Lasik from Ovo Lasik and Lens.
Speaker 3: Hell, yeah, man, do that.
Speaker 1: Have you guys seen the Chiefs stadium plans that they unveiled yesterday?
Speaker 3: My yeah, it's sweet. It looks sweet.
Speaker 1: The Chiefs unveiled renderings of a three billion dollars stadium, scheduled to be opened in twenty thirty one. Domed by the way, think about that, right, Kansas City domed stadium.
Speaker 9: Everyone needs to do that because if you want, if you want Final Four, if you want college.
Speaker 3: Football, that's exactly where I'm going with this.
Speaker 1: So seventy thousand seats site still not completely decided. I'm sure Potra Betts knows some of the options, but the Chiefs immediately intend to start bidding on major events in twenty thirty two, including the Super Bowl, and they already said, Clark.
Speaker 3: Hunt, you have to pause. Charity Hunt of the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 1: Is already saying, when the World Cup is back in quote twenty five or thirty years, we will easily be able to handle it now because I think this time they had to make some adjustments and kind of retrofit Arrowhead or whatever they were doing because they were what a handful of games in Kansas City where they're not. So he's already saying, hey, when the World Cup's back here, this new stadium will be ready, will be like World Cup ready.
Speaker 3: That's forward thinking. That is this is sweet. It looks amazing. Yeah, it looks great.
Speaker 9: Well yeah, I mean when they designed these, you need to have it as customizable as possible. And how about the Vikings being on the cutting edge of the ETFE roof where we couldn't have the anything like what they're having because the snow we get right, and the cold and all that. But where your When you watch Vikings games at us Bank Stadium from home, it looks like it's an outdoor stadium.
Speaker 3: It's on the field.
Speaker 2: It's so awesome.
Speaker 9: And now the other the rest of the league's getting on board and can avoid having some of those crazy playoff games where the elements are affecting.
Speaker 2: It too much.
Speaker 3: I hate it.
Speaker 11: And by the way, happening to mercy into us Banks Stadium yesterday it was ten years now ten years how about that?
Speaker 3: Damn that goes fast? Yeah. What really matters though, is this okay?
Speaker 5: Listen to this guys. No, we always talk about it like back in the day. You can. As long as you weren't caught with the knife for the gun, you got away with murder.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 4: On this date in nineteen eighteen, Nebraska serial killer Della Sorenson killed her first of seven victims in rural Nebraska again nineteen eighteen by poisoning her sister in law's infant daughter. What over the next seven years, friends, relatives, and acquaintances of Sorenson died under mysterious circumstances before anybody finally realized.
Speaker 3: Hmmm, sums up common denominator to your After little.
Speaker 4: Viola met her demise, Wilhelm Mina Weldam, Sorenson's mother in law was poisoned.
Speaker 2: She died.
Speaker 4: Sworsen then went after her own family. She killed her daughter Minnie, then her husband Joe over a two week period in September. Again, nobody suspicious.
Speaker 9: Yet was the in law passes away. That's where the flags should be raised. Waiting only four months before marrying again. Sorenson then settled in dan and Bragg, Nebraska. In August of nineteen twenty two, her former sister in law came to visit and brought her infant four month old Clifford. Just as she had done with Viola, Sorenson poisoned that poor child with a piece of candy. The unfortunate in missus Cooper, the mom of the of Clifford, oblivious to what was happening, still came back again in October with another child, but this time to poison didn't work. Then, early in nineteen twenty three, Sorenson killed her own daughter, Delia, on her first birthday when Sorenson's friend brought her infant daughter for a visit. A week later, that tiny infant was also poisoned after an attempt on Sorenson's second high usband's life made him sick but not dead.
Speaker 5: Authorities said, hmmm, comes.
Speaker 9: Up amazing detective work. I know she basically killed a small village.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Finally, in nineteen twenty five, Sorts was arrested when she made an unsuccessful attempt at killing two children in the neighborhood she lived in with poison cookies.
Speaker 5: She confessed and said, I like to attend funerals. I'm happy when someone's dying.
Speaker 2: My god, is that what she actually said?
Speaker 5: That's exactly what she said.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 5: In see James were convinced that she was schizophrenic and she was committed to a statemental asylum.
Speaker 1: I didn't have mass infant poisoning slash murders on my Bengo card for the Power Show Morning shows, so on, behalf of everybody listening.
Speaker 2: Why did you bring that up?
Speaker 3: That's insane?
Speaker 5: You know you said Rosie had a year to have sex with my daughter.
Speaker 3: So I wasn't advocating for it. I'm just saying seem like you wanted to leave a message.
Speaker 1: You Know What's weird though, is like, all right, if you say in nineteen you said eighteen, nineteen, eighteen, nineteen eighteen, somebody gets poisoned, right, It's not like now if somebody gets poisoned, like, there's probably a thousand reasons somebody randomly died in nineteen eighteen. True, So at first, if a husband gets sick and dies, it's probably not even remotely suspicious. Right, even if you have a couple of family members that just like get ridiculously sick quickly and pass away.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, medicine wasn't great. For God's sake.
Speaker 1: They're giving candy to four month old. Yeah, I forget if it's poisoned. You're giving candy to four months old. They probably choked at death once in a while. You can't give a kid a four month old candy. No you kill anyway. My point is one, sure, two yeah, okay, but this was like seven or eight every baby that visited.
Speaker 5: Her, would you die baby near her?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: How many of her own doing it? She killed her own child or two.
Speaker 3: Of her own like a couple.
Speaker 9: Yes, hey, Chloe, if you're listening, you don't want different parents.
Speaker 3: See, man, it's just, uh, that's nuts.
Speaker 1: And it's barely one hundred years ago, and it just sounds like the Stone Ages when you.
Speaker 2: Watch old episodes.
Speaker 9: Andy Griffith, you know, right, you've got you've got the Mayberry Police Department trying to figure this out.
Speaker 3: It can't be, no way.
Speaker 1: She's too nice, right, she feeds all the neighbor kids candy and cookies.
Speaker 2: She can't be her No, But the problem is you can't.
Speaker 9: It's not like missus Anderson's cookies taste so good because no one lives to tell.
Speaker 3: What they taste it like, Yeah, it's a good point.
Speaker 2: She has no reviews on Google, no zero.
Speaker 1: Gopher basketball coach Nico Medved got a one year extension. So he obviously had a very solid undermanned roster in nine year one, but probably overperformed in year one and they gave him a one year extension so now through twenty thirty two.
Speaker 2: Seems like a good dude.
Speaker 3: When he was on the show, seems super nice. Yeah, only met him once, but he was awesome. Yeah, super good dude. Yeah, and that team as.
Speaker 1: You guys remember, was five maybe some games six deep and that was it. Most games, it was just the five starters. There weren't there like three or four games where the bench went scoreless, yeah, or.
Speaker 10: Didn't like Yeah, there are multiple games with the bench bench went scoreless.
Speaker 1: And Cale Tyson and maybe one or two other guys played the full forty.
Speaker 3: They just did.
Speaker 1: They had maybe one guy off the bench sometimes too, but it was mostly a five or six man operation and hung in there with.
Speaker 2: Some very good teams, right, some of the team, and they just wore out.
Speaker 1: To go sub five hundred, but like almost five hundred when you have almost no one is pretty impressive. Yeah, so that's a very optimistic start. Doesn't mean it's going to work. Doesn't mean you know that it's a it's a forty five degree angle upward, but still hard to rip the guy when he had almost no players on the squad and still kept it floating. Yep, not bad, So shout out to Nico. What really matters is this.
Speaker 4: Okay, it was on this date and this is kind of a famous thing, so you guys might have a chance of guessing this this state in what year that vic morrow and two child actors were killed on the set of Twilights on the movie.
Speaker 3: Ooh, you guys have a guest, but I think that was early eighties.
Speaker 1: That would be like I'll say eighty five, I'll go eighty one ish eighty.
Speaker 5: Two, very close. But here's the story, so you know, like I said, you know it, but you don't know what you know about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: July twenty third, nineteen eighty two, Vic Morrow and two child actors are killed in an incident involving a helicopter during filming on the California set of The Twilights on the movie Awful.
Speaker 3: You've seen a video, it's the worst. Yeah, it's the worst.
Speaker 5: Marrow was fifty three. The children were six and seven.
Speaker 4: They were shooting a Vietnam War battle scene in which they were supposed to be running from a pursuing helicopter. Special effects explosions on the said cut the pilot of the low flying aircraft to lose control and crash into the victims. The accident took place on the film's last scheduled day of shooting.
Speaker 1: Oh man, here's the only saving grace before you continue. The only saving grace. If you've seen the video, is there is no doubt. They are dead immediately right.
Speaker 3: There's no suffering. It is.
Speaker 1: It is before they even understand Oh, there's no way at like, it is over in point zero zero zero zero one seconds.
Speaker 3: It's instant death. It's awful, awful.
Speaker 4: The director, by the way, co director was John Landis, who also did like Animal House and Trading Places.
Speaker 5: So that here's something I did not know.
Speaker 4: Vic Morrow had previously appeared in numerous TV shows and films like Blackboard, Jungle, and Bad News Bears. He was the father of Jennifer Jason Lee. Did you guys know that no idea that sounds Origmond High.
Speaker 5: A million movies?
Speaker 3: Was her dad?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's her.
Speaker 3: I've never known that until right now. If I've ever heard that, I had zero memory of that. Damn.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, that video sucks.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's an easy cool you can find it easily, but it'll ruin your day.
Speaker 5: You don't need to.
Speaker 1: He's like carrying him, He's like, you know, it's like they're right next to him, and know why helicopter basically goes on its side and.
Speaker 5: Just yeah, helicopters are crazy, man, they really are. There you go.
Speaker 3: Was the helicopter? Was it da Vinci who was the one that came up with the concept first.
Speaker 1: Wait, yeah, somebody saw it coming a long ways away, and I think it was.
Speaker 3: Davincy someday be able to do this.
Speaker 5: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, and to be relatively close, right, not like exactly, but like had the general idea.
Speaker 3: That could work.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, that guy was something, man something You just watch it for the first time.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and brutal terrible, right, and it's not I mean it's not super graphic, but fact that you know it.
Speaker 3: You know, you know it lights out the second contact, it's it's over.
Speaker 5: Hey, Johnny ka before what happened to you? Happened? Were you? How often were you guys on helicopters over there?
Speaker 4: Were you getting on helicopters and taking off like once a week, once a month, once a day coast of.
Speaker 9: All, we did it a bunch Iraq, a couple mainly to go to a different base. So we weren't like cruising around on helicopters patrolling, right, But yeah, we were on helicopters a handful of times in Iraq?
Speaker 5: Did it become commonplace for you? Did it always kind of freaky a little bit?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 2: I mean sort of commonplace.
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, but no, they don't ever feel like they should be in the air, you know, like when we want to ripley.
Speaker 2: Yes, they're not.
Speaker 3: They're not meant to be in the air like another plane is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, that's the best way to describe it.
Speaker 1: I have a lot of respect for helicopter pilots because I just I never I don't know, you just it's like it's like a roller coaster without a track. It just doesn't feel like this is is safe. But I'm sure it is right almost. I mean, I know we have a couple of famous ones Kobe, but uh, you know, helicopters fly all the time. There's not a lot of I should just say planes you only hear about when when the crash, and then you think all those things must crash all the time.
Speaker 3: They don't.
Speaker 9: My friend who is who was a helicopter pilot in Vietnam and some crazy stuff. He flies planes now, and just he said flying a plane is cake compared to a helicopter.
Speaker 3: I believe it, man, I believe it right.
Speaker 1: Oh damn all right, more of what really matters after this bonus John Kriesel today and.
Speaker 3: Then Ben Leber in like twenty minutes. This is the powers money showing them from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by Quantum Fiber.
Speaker 11: Inor want to chime in and what's happening with your favorite KFEM program? Make your voice heard on the Bradshot Bryant text line. Let us know what you have to say about texting your message to six four six eight six at sixty four six eight six standard message in data rates apply.
Speaker 5: Hey, Corey and everybody over there, I'm sure all of our MIC's down, okay, hoping that it'll make Corey's mic not sound like dog blank. I don't know what we have to do to get somebody to change that.
Speaker 3: I don't understand it. I don't either, man, Mike sounds awful. It has for a week, and it's not just you.
Speaker 5: Brero yesterday didn't even use that. Mikey switched seats.
Speaker 3: He's sad here to really so he could do the show kidding.
Speaker 5: I don't know what we have to do and how bad does it have to get?
Speaker 3: I put in ticket, yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: How long does that take it?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 5: We would have taken like five minutes last two years ago.
Speaker 9: God, that's a huge it's a huge company, I suppose. So if we put in the ticket at work, it's fixed in an hour maybe two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think the people that are going to fix it work in a different country and have to come here from that.
Speaker 2: Oh it's a long flight then yeah, yeah it is, are on their way.
Speaker 3: Yeah maybe we doubt.
Speaker 5: We played for the pay for their flight. They probably had to vote over here, you know what I mean?
Speaker 12: Like it.
Speaker 5: They're probably the Titanic.
Speaker 3: Oh that's lovely.
Speaker 2: No, they're on the yacht.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you started about the eye.
Speaker 3: What really matters? Let's keep going.
Speaker 1: Thanks to Ovo Lasic and lens scores and status, Chris changes your life with something else like infant mass.
Speaker 5: Murders a lot of people out there.
Speaker 3: How have we never heard of that lady before?
Speaker 5: You know, I thought about that, and now, like, how do you make a movie about that?
Speaker 1: You can't? You can't, No way, that's just that's a documentary, right, that's a Netflix not a movie.
Speaker 3: Was about the rights to make the movie, though, See.
Speaker 5: I was I've been having issues with my my my voices. I was telling you guys, you know, so one of my things I have to do is when I'm not on the radio or having conversations of singing, I have to talk like this, you know, because it takes the strain off your vocal records. So if I'm just starting in a regular conversation, and Sarah told me the other day that I sound like ed Gan, and then I started, I was like, you're right. This is how he talked in the movie the guy from Sons of Anarchy. And it's exactly right.
Speaker 3: You mean when they made hot Yes, it's exactly right.
Speaker 1: The next time I have a doctor's appointment, I'm gonna come home and say that the doctor told me to talk like that, and see how long it takes my three girls in my house to just kill me.
Speaker 5: I don't know if he does notice this or not, but I also have to tug myself.
Speaker 3: No, your health, I don't know what my voice. Oh.
Speaker 1: The Minnesota Lynks won eighty six seventy six over the storm tomy.
Speaker 3: The FISA.
Speaker 1: Collier made her twenty twenty six debut twenty four points ten boards.
Speaker 3: The Links win.
Speaker 1: It does help that the Storm went five of thirty two from three. I know that, honey, Oh Rose, how do you know that I also had eighteen turnovers. The Storm are six and twenty three.
Speaker 5: Here's the storm, fundy, this is one game. It's okay.
Speaker 3: The Lenks have now won seven straight.
Speaker 1: They are twenty two and six, almost the exact opposite of the Storm. I believe they are off until Tuesday when they take on Toronto.
Speaker 2: That's right, thank you.
Speaker 3: What really matters, though, is this yet that right?
Speaker 5: Is on this date in nineteen nine We'll stop ninety nine over?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The festival, timed to the thirtieth anniversary of the original Woodstock, attempts to bring the spirit of peace and music and love to a new generation. Instead, it devolved into three days of scorching heat, ross, sewage, misogyny, and greed.
Speaker 3: Wasn't Fred's fault.
Speaker 2: It was not, no no.
Speaker 5: Unlike the nineteen sixty ninety festival, organizers hope to make money on this anniversary celebration. The venue was at Griffiths Air Force Base.
Speaker 4: In Rome, New York, which a Rolling Stone reporter described as the last rock and roll venue, the least, i should say, the least rock and roll venue imaginable, full of concrete and airplane hangars and barbed wire. Poor planning and the desire to turn a profit led to a miserable experience on the scorching tarmac, where temperatures sword over one hundred degrees. Portable toilets overflowed with raw sewage co domidating. The available running wat and water was four dollars apiece.
Speaker 5: Which these days seems that's a sweet deal.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Two hundred and fifty thousand people flocked to hear bands like Corn and Kid Rock and Insane Clown Posse in the Red Hut Dove Dove in olymp Red Durst Olympus can encourage fans to break stuff during Saturday Night said, which they did, tearing down parts of a radio tower and pelting the MTV.
Speaker 2: Crew with garbage.
Speaker 3: Hang on, let's hear the other side of the story.
Speaker 5: Yeah, three people died, hundreds were treated for heatstroke and dehydration. The Red Hot Chili Peppers played the final set of the Weekend, which devolved into chaos. They performed a cover of Jimmy Hendrick's Fire and tribute to the Woodstock Great and the festival gars didn't get it, so they turned things over and caught things on fire.
Speaker 3: Set it before, I'll say it again. In nineteen ninety nine. I was a giant limp biscuit fan.
Speaker 5: And that's st clown posse. Go ahead, and I'll just say it.
Speaker 1: But all my friends liked him. But I'm a doucheback at forty six. I mean, look, peak douchnesss for me was nineteen years old. I do not understand why why I was not at Woodstock ninety nine. I don't understand how I wasn't there. It'd have been a great story.
Speaker 3: I'm just looking back. That is that was my lineup.
Speaker 1: Yes, if I was ever going to make a cross country trip for a giant festival, it would have been that when I was nineteen years old.
Speaker 3: I don't remember why I didn't go the.
Speaker 2: Second I said those things though, Like the festival, Oh.
Speaker 3: My god, yes I went.
Speaker 1: I went to everything at Somerset in the in the you know, late nineties, all of the Warped Tour, ex fest all of them. I was at all of them, every single one of them. Loved it, loved the festivals, loved being a part of it. Let's get in the pit, let's get sweaty, let's get.
Speaker 3: Weird, all of that. When they said corn and biscuit and rage, and why did I not go to New York.
Speaker 5: Did you not have anything to break?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I had things to break. Yeah, okay, I probably didn't have any need to go. But still that didn't stop your dad in nineteen sixty nine.
Speaker 10: No, they had like thirty five bucks and some weed and some other things and parked about a mile and a half away and traded some drugs for food and yeah, they left after the first day, though, much much, much more peaceful.
Speaker 5: They're at at another concert festival and they got tickets to that one, right.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they well they were at yeah, they were. They were at something at the Milwaukee County Stadium where it was then. Yeah, and some guy was walking through the crowd selling them for like three bucks.
Speaker 5: Gorgeous ladies and wrestling or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were out Exotica.
Speaker 1: Well you know, they were there to see Chris Hockey but ended up seeing Paul Simon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 10: My dad is a similar story. He was gonna see Dwight, but Paul Simon was playing. Yeah, they bought him from like three bucks and they went for a day and a half. Yeah, that's soon, right.
Speaker 5: That's what I would do too. By the way, traffic's getting bad.
Speaker 10: That's exactly what they did. Ye they were on their way to Yale and never made it to Yale.
Speaker 1: The Red Sox won their first game yesterday, six to three over Baltimore, tying the franchise record winning fifteen straight games, tying the nineteen forty six AL champs, the Boston Red Sox fifteen straight, that was the franchise record. But they lost the second game of the doubleheader five to one, so that is their first loss since July first. Fifteen straight, so they tied the franchise.
Speaker 3: Record, didn't break it. Sports Trivia, you.
Speaker 5: Guys ready, damn mice got it?
Speaker 2: Do it?
Speaker 16: I know it.
Speaker 3: In nineteen sixteen, the New York Giants, right, that was a thing.
Speaker 2: Won.
Speaker 1: How many baseball games in a row? The all time Major League Baseball record. How many games did the nineteen sixteen Giants win consecutively?
Speaker 5: Nineteen twenty seven, thirty five?
Speaker 3: Chris almost nailed it, twenty six straight, twenty six straight.
Speaker 9: I thought in moneyball the A's won like twenty two and that was a record. Maybe that was like their team record.
Speaker 1: Then, huh the AL record twenty seventeen Cleveland, How many games in twenty seventeen? Not even ten years ago twenty five. Did the Cleveland Indian di at the time.
Speaker 3: Win twenty twenty four? Twenty three?
Speaker 18: Nobody said he is sixty nine daddy, twenty twenty eight, thirty nineteen, it's gotta be less than twenty six, twenty two, Yeah, twenty two, they won twenty two straight.
Speaker 3: Now here's the last one that might be gettable.
Speaker 1: What is the Minnesota Twins record for consecutive wins and what year was it?
Speaker 3: Can I I have a follow up on that. I'm pretty sure in the movie A few good men, Yeah, Baltimore Orioles in the background of one of the scenes, yep, breaks their streak. Yep. Oh man, you are correct. Yeah, wow, what a call.
Speaker 1: That is absolutely correct. By the way, Hey, this streak is referenced in the movie If You Get Met. That is absolutely has it on when he's going to So think about that. What year did that movie come out? And what reference? What what streak would that be?
Speaker 3: A reference to?
Speaker 12: Sixteen ninety two? I think you're the same thing about it for a second.
Speaker 1: One ninety one, the year nineteen ninety one, when the Twins won the World Series, they had a fifteen game win streak from June first.
Speaker 3: Through June sixteenth, And I don't know how you pulled that.
Speaker 1: Sauce, but yes, it was reference in a far and that is thirteen record still team records fifteen.
Speaker 2: Well that makes sense.
Speaker 3: That's the last year. Will you anyone from this market of the four majors have won?
Speaker 5: And by the way, Tommy, I'm sorry, did you guys get it's not what you think it's about. It's about military. Yeah, and the law he's seen. There's a different version Tommy seeing just a few men. Yeah, he was going to see the sequel a few more good men, Yeah, a lot of men.
Speaker 2: What really matters, though, is in the gable this it was on.
Speaker 5: This date, guys, in what year the great Amy Whinehouse was found dead.
Speaker 3: Man apartment in two thousand and five. It was later than that we talked her. We talked a lot about her on the Power Trip in the early years with the Star.
Speaker 1: I think I was staring right, So it has to be after oh seven, I'll say eight. Yeah, I think I think that's the range I'm going to go. I'll go one year later, I'll go nine.
Speaker 5: Twenty eleven, eleven. If you've not seen that documentary, I highly.
Speaker 2: What's it on.
Speaker 3: Let's see gotta be.
Speaker 5: I don't yeah, I'm sure it's it's on one of the services. I'm not one hundred percent sure. I could look it up.
Speaker 4: Suppressing though, but yeah, it's depressing, but it's also it's just Netflix.
Speaker 5: No, Okay, there you go. It's yeah, depressing, is right. But my god, was she beautiful and great?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and if you want to see, if you want to, I don't know, get your kids not to do drugs, have them watched this.
Speaker 3: It wasn't a lot of it like she was the meal ticket for a lot of people.
Speaker 5: Well there's that her.
Speaker 4: Dad, yeah, yeah, and that, and she ran into the wrong guy. But but you know, there were just a lot of things going on, a lot of things. But man, watching her as a young lady, first of all, just beautiful. Second of all, just a voice that just oh man, came out of nowhere.
Speaker 3: Voices of all time.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, her angle and the music that she liked.
Speaker 4: And when she would sing for guys who who actually been playing that kind of music for sixty years, they'd look at her and go like she was reborn from somebody, you know it. And then to watch her fall apart on camera. How old was she, you said, twenty seven? Yeah, she was one of the twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she knew it to she she couldn't up and she knew it. She knew what was coming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they tried to make her go to rehab.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's the Yeah, yeah, there you go.
Speaker 9: That song is song cracks me up. And obviously it's a sad situation. But just when you look at the song, just at its face, it's preposterous.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, Yeah, she is the same birthday.
Speaker 2: It's a great song.
Speaker 3: I love the song. Say it again. She is the same birthday as Smit.
Speaker 2: Oh my care, I care?
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks, Yeah, Maxo cares. I definitely care. He cares about to put it in my diary. Yeah, got the town. Yeah, she's one of the greatest, my favorite advice. Yeah.
Speaker 16: Oh you know, there's a whole song about a dude smoking her weed. That's like that voice used to sing a song like that, you know what. I forget the name of it, but she she also has a different when we're the first line of the song is what kind of etherory is this?
Speaker 3: And it just sounds oh yeah, so beautiful.
Speaker 2: That's that's what people say when they turn on the show.
Speaker 16: Yeah it's true, man, Yeah, just me and mister Judd did is the name of the song about media?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's I'll tell you it's something else. But you there's moments early on when you're watching your and it's just so incredible to watch this, this girl from lower class London become this star and see the talent actually take her where she wants.
Speaker 5: To go because she's so good. It's crazy.
Speaker 9: Those documentaries are always so awesome, but I have to paste them out because they do they can drag you down.
Speaker 2: I watched The Hulk Hogan one finally.
Speaker 9: I loved it, but my god, like when he's talking about his kids, how he you know, he was on the road so much and this and that, and then uh, you know, like at the end he talks about looking back and those were the good old days, and it's like I know these things, and my daughter's growing something like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I loved Hulk Hogan. I'm glad I watched it, but.
Speaker 9: I'm like, I can take a break from these stories for a little bit. Yeah, let's go back to watching trailer park Boys or tires or yeah, yeah, all.
Speaker 1: Right, we'll do the news when we come back. Ben Leber should be here shortly. Chrisho twenty more minutes with you. Yeah, you ever take a little more, I stay as long.
Speaker 3: As you want. Power tip Morning show on the fan from the one eight hund