Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. Arts are funny. That's just about on mine. There's just funny.
Speaker 2: There's nowhere around.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Right during his forecast, I am to write at him, if I had been a gun, you'd be dead.
Speaker 2: Oh thatch?
Speaker 1: What was the forecast again? Increasing clouds in a high eighty four thunder.
Speaker 3: Sounds like he aimed to get increasing cloud at you.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: The news Chris Hockey, Yeah, presented by the Saint Paul Saint.
Speaker 1: We love the same Paul Saints. They will be back in town two eleven days from now.
Speaker 5: To remind me did they did they win their Field of Dreams game or lose it?
Speaker 2: They lost? They lost it.
Speaker 3: So the Saints lost and the Twins lost.
Speaker 1: Damn it, Saints Baseball dot Com though, they'll be back and see it just field real soon.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, man, did we find out?
Speaker 5: Does does the Field of Dreams Stadium cell corn?
Speaker 3: Don't they have to? They have to?
Speaker 5: Somebody text bonus, We'll get got the state fair of corn right around the corner.
Speaker 6: Saw thet They brought out corn last night on the Post Game Show on Netflix.
Speaker 3: On the on the set and was it.
Speaker 6: L Duncan was the lead on the set and they brought it out to a couple of players and she was like, but I wouldn't eat it because I saw some flies on it earlier.
Speaker 5: And she was serious, they don't go to Iowa, yes on.
Speaker 6: This platter like beautifully, and I didn't a nice set now where they sat, That's what I meant.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, that's what he means. He's not weird.
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: Put it on listening to you do sports or you get nice? Said too, I do?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Oh you talking a sauce.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, relax.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say that the morning. I thank it.
Speaker 6: After, you know what, after what they've been through.
Speaker 3: I accepted, thank you. They're healthy.
Speaker 1: I respect them.
Speaker 6: They're healthy and battle they're not all real anymore.
Speaker 1: But you know me, I'm healthy.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: How do you like your ladies?
Speaker 1: How healthy?
Speaker 7: Thank you?
Speaker 1: You're making a weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're making a weird roads.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen. The Television Hall of Fame is inducting some new stars, including Ted Dancing and Jean's Smart.
Speaker 8: Can't Play This Bigital who made extraordinary contributions to American TV. Also inducted, where South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone, former Sixty Minutes correspondent Ed Bradley, Netflix co CEO Ted Soorrandos, and documentary filmmaker Sheila Nevans. Ted Danson and his wife Mary Steinbergen also received the Bob Hope Humanitarian Award in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: I'm Michael Kassner.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Michael. How great is that? I mean, you know, Ted dances playing himself obviously.
Speaker 3: In Curbing Curb.
Speaker 1: It's just the best.
Speaker 3: Yeah. When he starts dating Cheryl, it's the best, and Larry is like, what are you doing? And then he tries.
Speaker 5: Then Larry's like, well, if you're dating Cheryl, then I'm gonna call Mary and see if I can hook up with her. And Mary's like, I'm not interest. God, I love that show. Yeah, Curb's the best.
Speaker 2: So good.
Speaker 1: Here's something that I find interesting and maybe you will too. Mark and Marny CCO Television did a report on flip phones making it come back really Yeah here, okay, and I'm going to play it from this in a special way. If you guys ask me to stop at any point, I'll be able to stop it. So if you want to say, freeze it right there, I'll freeze it, okay.
Speaker 9: Kendall Shroy traded her smartphone for a flip phone through Dumbco, a startup that sells flip phones with practical apps like Uber and Spotify, but no social media.
Speaker 10: Young people, because we grew up on these platforms, it's very hard for us to imagine a life where we're not.
Speaker 9: Addicted to it because that has.
Speaker 10: Been the norm our entire existence and the research.
Speaker 9: Back set up pediatrician Jason Nagata study social media is impact.
Speaker 5: Features of the design can lead to symptoms similar to substance related addictions.
Speaker 11: Which can include impaired control, withdrawal, tolerance, and relapse.
Speaker 9: Troy so she spent years trying to quit her smartphone.
Speaker 10: I needed that extreme measure, like to physically not be able to access social media in order to realize like that I actually preferred life without it.
Speaker 9: Troy showed me how the dumb phone works, and I gave it a spin for a weekend. I needed to ask a stranger for directions twice, and by Sunday I.
Speaker 3: Felt bored dumb phone.
Speaker 1: I had to ask for directions twice, but that I mean imagine taking away the phone's completely from the kids. I still find it, and I'm not patting myself on the back. I can't believe I did it. I drove from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean by myself without a cell phone.
Speaker 12: Yeah, man, that sounds impossible. Yes, yeah, was that when you stopped in Colorado?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Shirt?
Speaker 1: That's what I had my own?
Speaker 2: That was Is that when you had what's on Marny's T shirt? Yes?
Speaker 1: And she had one too, Marty. Anyway, there you go flip phones.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I can see the boredom, and I can see how hard it would be to get around without a map. I'll tell you if they threw a map on there, I think I think I can live with this.
Speaker 3: It sounds like it has most of the basic functions. If it has like uber and all right, I wanted to have Snake on it? Sure, hours Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, why if you're trying to go without social media, could you not just delete the social media.
Speaker 3: Apps on your phone? You could, but obviously they're still right there.
Speaker 1: In fact, they're not go to the casino.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm addicted. I've been playing Hearts a ton on my phone.
Speaker 1: I go through that and you that or what's the one where you play by yourself, solitary.
Speaker 3: Solitary.
Speaker 1: I go through times when I can't stop playing them.
Speaker 5: You still play the zombie thing once in a while as my time killer, but lately it's been Hearts and now I want to gamble on Hearts and play like a dollar a point.
Speaker 3: Anybody want in No, I don't know how to play good at it. Hearts is so fun.
Speaker 1: Hearts is awesome anyway, flip phone, anybody want to do that? Anybody willing to do it?
Speaker 3: Nope?
Speaker 1: I can see why though.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when you first said the story, I thought you were going to say the like, have you seen Nordo's phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Nordo's got the bendable one, the holdable one.
Speaker 6: It's the new version, so it has all those apps and smart apps. But you're talking about the old school. You can't put those apps on their dumb phone.
Speaker 5: That's right, all those phones that fold over right there, like the bendable foldable ones. Like, I guess that screen is getting better and better and better, but like you could still Nordo says, like when he watches adult films, you can still see the crease right down the middle.
Speaker 12: I guarantee you who said that Zach, and it's really distracting. Is Apple doing one next month?
Speaker 13: The uh that they're expected to release their first flipfone gonna look like a passport, the passport size, So we'll see how it works out.
Speaker 1: But yeah, god, it just seems like it would be so easy to break. And I know the first ones they had a lot of issues with him. My son Alex had one right at the very beginning, and there were some issues. But yeah, they figured it out right.
Speaker 2: They are getting better.
Speaker 13: But yeah, to your point, it is, uh, it is a very easy and then you know, just basic stuff like sand can get into the screen and break it, so you gotta be careful with it.
Speaker 1: Going back to the fax machine and the telegraph, Yes, you are sure.
Speaker 2: How are you going to watch that website? You have a lifelong past two.
Speaker 1: Your dad's gonna do it live for me. Yeah, but he still moves like a sixty nine year old. He does, He really does. I'm proud of him. He's limbers. How you're right, he can do the splits in three different languages.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 3: That's gross. He's trilingual, man, and you should try lingual.
Speaker 5: According to my sources, oh.
Speaker 3: They're pretty good. Actually, although most of them have been fired.
Speaker 12: Wait, I thought, why not if we took pay cuts, they wouldn't be fired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this sounds like a joke, but it's not listening to this. Three sea lions were en route to the Missouri State Fair when they had a car, which one was driving, I don't know. It happened yesterday morning on I seventy when the semi carrying the animals had a concrete barrier. One person's hospitals for their injuries. A vet checked out the sea lions day. They were fine. They were like.
Speaker 3: This all right.
Speaker 5: I know I've had this exact take like eight times, but it seems like every three or four months we have a story like this. Remember we had this story like there was like a zebra running around Tennessee, and then we had the giraffe in Texas, And I'm like, can you imagine driving down the road, You're like driving a line ground, driving a lie there's a giraffe on this Like what if you get into a car wreck with this this this vehicle and a sea lion comes flying through your windshield. Outside of the fact that you're like, my I just saw my life flash before my eyes, then you have to process.
Speaker 3: Is there a Seal in my front seat? Yeah, like you have to think that you're high.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're never gonna survive, right unless it gets.
Speaker 3: A little crazy.
Speaker 2: Well played, You guys are great.
Speaker 5: How cool would it be if Seals sitting chatgun on a road trip and you're just listening to his bangers, which is really just one song, he's got two.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what would make me s my jeans is if I was at the zoo looking at seals and I turned around and Seal was standing there.
Speaker 3: Besides pretty cool, that would be cool. It'd be pretty cool, Paul, what would that be?
Speaker 5: We'll give me another example of being at a zoo and seeing the seals and then Seal walks up. What's another example that's kind of like that?
Speaker 2: Well, it's funny you ask why.
Speaker 3: You've been thinking about this a lot I have.
Speaker 2: Let's say you're at the zoo, right, you're having a good day at.
Speaker 12: The zoo, and and you're looking at the penguins and Danny de Vito walk.
Speaker 1: See, that's pretty good. That's pretty good.
Speaker 3: On what if you were looking at the bobcats and was.
Speaker 1: Actually here, God, look at Seals over there.
Speaker 2: That's tasks.
Speaker 3: What if you're watching the monkeys mm hmmm and old band? Were they a fake band?
Speaker 1: Sure, but they could play their instruments and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: What if you were looking at the tigers and Joe Exotic walked up or Tiger Woods?
Speaker 3: But whatever you do, if you were out, you don't get this bit.
Speaker 1: What if you were out? Oh I'm sorry on a boat whale watching and.
Speaker 12: Saturdays with Sauce started playing. If I don't, I'll get in front of it.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 3: If I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not smart.
Speaker 3: That's a huge bitch.
Speaker 2: Yea and norder when I go boating.
Speaker 7: By boning, you can go boning right by the boat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's our new people.
Speaker 3: Pay for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, strange man, people make weird financial decisions. Strange all right, that's the title of the podcast. Meets Us and Nordill go boning by four whale watching whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man should become a bye brilliant because that's the last thing I'm ever gonna see.
Speaker 3: All right, Matt Minsters in the building.
Speaker 5: I know, Adam Feeling right around the corner, Gavin Cayson right around the corner. Daniel Hastings of Love is blind right around the corner. Those guys in sauce square off at eight fifteen, will do sports with sauce after this power trim.
Speaker 3: Morning show on the fan.
Speaker 1: That's right, quarter back's starting to fill up a little bit in there.
Speaker 3: That Matt Minster is here. Good morning, Matt. How are you? Good morning?
Speaker 2: Gentlemen?
Speaker 3: What's up dude?
Speaker 5: In a minute, it has all right, So Matt's here, I know, Gavin's in the building. I think feelings like five minutes out, Daniel Hastings on his way in. So the room is filling up.
Speaker 2: With a feeling.
Speaker 4: Matt.
Speaker 14: I mean, it's meat sauce versus the sleds, the sleds.
Speaker 5: Although he does say you're one of the two sleds that has a chance sleds, still in the sentence, you are still a sled point. I've won one of these. That's more than That's more than more, Marny, not.
Speaker 14: To well, it's just that one week in particular. Yes, sorry, Martins, Yeah it happens. I just yeah, we shouldn't we really shouldn't call it getting a.
Speaker 3: Zero, Marny. I know, it's really it's a howks.
Speaker 1: Really we call it a Colorado hockey.
Speaker 5: It sounds like a really good drink too, doesn't know what's it's.
Speaker 1: A TV show together, Matt, Yeah, you guys should do a TV show.
Speaker 3: I'm game.
Speaker 1: I've told you you're runner. I've told you that.
Speaker 3: You told me a lot of TV shows. Howky?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I still think sailing is a great idea.
Speaker 3: You're hanging on this, man.
Speaker 1: Diering.
Speaker 3: Can they be like on the coastline? Can we do it in a sailboat? Can these beat see? I'm gonna elevate this.
Speaker 14: If we're in a garage sale and we're gonna call it sailing, we're gonna spell it s a I L I apostrophe.
Speaker 5: So is it gonna be Christopher Cross or is it gonna be a wall Nation?
Speaker 3: For the theme song? What do we doing? Are you more yacht rocking this or what do you want?
Speaker 1: We gotta we got to appeal to the older folks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, then that's absolutely demographic across. So what service is this aimed for? It's just a Netflix show. No, Netflix will never pay attention. It's it's good. We might have to put this on YouTube ourselves.
Speaker 1: Good point.
Speaker 5: I think we might have to spend some money. You on grand you can get it you sound like you're not interested.
Speaker 3: Am I misreading this room? I already threw another idea?
Speaker 5: Guy, what was the idea the sale boat part, the sailboat part.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's that's a yes, and that's a yes, and it's this is part of improv.
Speaker 5: You have to all right, So he's garage sailing, but we're gonna go from garage hill to garage sale via boat the boat house, like perpetuate this idea.
Speaker 3: Let's keep this boat rolling?
Speaker 2: What else?
Speaker 3: What is this show missing? Me?
Speaker 14: The show was missing now I'm out. No, Yeah, it looks good with it. I mean, for a minute, what if they all took lsd oh? He did come up with it.
Speaker 3: So there's they're sailing into the ether.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Loading.
Speaker 12: You have to be able to, as Hawk would say, dicker with people when you think you're speaking to a dress.
Speaker 3: Because he said that right after that last for the Break to a Dragon.
Speaker 14: Okay, that was pretty smart. Yeah, maybe you do a shout today. He Mattminster, Gavin Case and Gavin Case and Matt Minster.
Speaker 3: I don't know where you don't get any would you bring nothing?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 5: He was listening so many he called go to your restaurant you didn't.
Speaker 11: You know, he only did that because Adam didn't give you his real number.
Speaker 3: You gave me.
Speaker 2: Your real number. Mistake.
Speaker 3: Listen in the morning, we're coming there.
Speaker 2: Yeah correct. I.
Speaker 11: Hey, I said yesterday too, when the sled started.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I did hear that. Yep, you know he said you and Adam have no chance. I mean, he's not technically wrong. This does a matter of saying it. You just don't, you know, I don't say it twice. Yeah, sorry, But here's what I like about the first time he ever called the group sleds. I believe he lost to Frank Fastolero. That was the fran Tarking Tin Tarkentin debacle. Oh yeah, yeah, so there's a lot of people are going, sure, this lineup looks like it's catered for meat sauce. But what a great lineup to find somebody else to beat him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: And last last year when I got zero points, was clip, which is clearly a bit of a controversy.
Speaker 3: Controversial. Yeah, yeah, we'll like three tweets.
Speaker 2: Get over it.
Speaker 11: I have the video of you beating us. Yeah you know that's not happening today, all right, not a boy.
Speaker 5: And again for the last time, for all those people that were upset about your selection into the twenty twenty six Invitational. Yeah, I will say this again. I was in Las Vegas during the main event of the World Series at poker. I did not want to still be scheduling this thing, and I'm like, I've had enough, and.
Speaker 3: I texted you, And how fast did you text me back? Right away?
Speaker 5: I bet within ten seconds You're like, yeah, I'm available on this matter. That was exactly what I was looking for. I just like a Colorado hockey I needed an easy yes, and.
Speaker 3: Gavin was an easy yes, instantly responding.
Speaker 2: I respect that.
Speaker 3: See so welcome aboard that sled. Yeah, so weird. All of a sudden, man, those uh, those reservations are booked. Oh it's hard to get a table at when a Gavin spots for sauce all of a sudden. Do you still allow him to eat at your restaurants or not?
Speaker 11: Mark Rosie, Oh yeah, he gets in every once in a while, but you know he's early.
Speaker 5: We had to open up early just to get those end burgers. On your social media the other day, you said something very controversial. This is your hot take. This is Gavin Cason's hot take. I'm paraphrasing, but it was essentially you you like your burger, but you don't love burgers.
Speaker 11: I don't love burgers in general. I like burgers, but I don't love them. I'm not seeking them out. I'm not like if I see a burger on social media or wherever, I'm not I'm not rushing to get it interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it feels like it's a pre recorded to be in the food industry on of Corey's Three Foods.
Speaker 2: No, he would never know.
Speaker 5: You'd have to pay me, you'd have to back up Brinks, Trucker, Rob, you know, four knocks.
Speaker 14: He doesn't make chicken fingers. End of list. Trimmed it down to just pretty much.
Speaker 11: Why chicken fingers in an old fashioned sounds like a hell of a day.
Speaker 5: Now that Gavin's here, let's stack this so so Chris wants to.
Speaker 3: Go garage sailing.
Speaker 5: Yep, Matt Minster wants it to be on an actual sailboat off the coast of California because I want to make it interesting. Sure, Sauce wants LSD. Yeah, how do we get Gavin involved? Let's get Gavin on this show.
Speaker 3: What Food's Good when You're high?
Speaker 5: An LSD on a sailboat boat, so we can't get motion sickness.
Speaker 14: Can't be a burger to be something light o W and I do get motion sickness. This was probably a bad suggestion.
Speaker 3: You get Yeah, so.
Speaker 11: It doesn't matter what we do for filled and go for it. Oh, I don't even know, no beats, No, we discussed, so I think there's something to do this.
Speaker 3: People love a collaboration.
Speaker 13: You just need something that tastes good coming back up as it did going down.
Speaker 3: Here a fair point here we go.
Speaker 11: I mean, well it's say fair time, so you could do something, you know, just something funneled, just like you know Nashville hot fried chicken sandwich.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like those are always good. Anybody want to volunteer to go get Daniel and Adam. I think they're both here, So Sled two's here? Ye all right, thanks Parish.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm so should I feel good about being just in like the normal level sled the no chances?
Speaker 3: Well, okay, yes that's true.
Speaker 11: However, Corey sort of set it up, toss be and sleds he's you know, he sort of said.
Speaker 5: It's a three scene, a bunch of thirty plus. I mean, man, it's you know what. Well, it's hard. I'm too nice as a guy. But there's one guy to blame for all of this. So, uh, why you know Gavin's still in it?
Speaker 2: Right? You couldn't get an answer back.
Speaker 5: There were guys telling me four weeks later. I got to check my kids sports schedule. I asked you four weeks ago. Yeah, hey, yeah, Marty Funkhauser would have booked immediately.
Speaker 1: Well, this is usually Sportslands, always brought to you by our friends at Circu Casino dot com. And we have some vikings to do. Somebody hit that real quick because it's.
Speaker 8: On the Power Trip presented by Joe.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Of course, tomorrow is the game, man, it's yeah, pregame starts at ten, mister Michael Mussman, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, leading the thing. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: And Alex Lewis I wrote just wrote an article about some people that you're going to want to watch during the game tomorrow, such as well, I'm going to have our reporter Dolly parton what read from the selection.
Speaker 15: All the quarterback attention delayed focus on the team's two highly drafted interior defenders, Caleb Banks and Orange. Both are integral to the Vikings defense remaining menacing. It's not that former defensive tackles Javon Hargrave and Jonathan Allen performed well in twenty twenty five. Nor is it the case that Minnesota cannot rely on interior defenders Jalen Redmond and Levi Drake Rodriguez. This becomes more ceiling conversation than anything else. The quicker Banks and Orange progress under the tutelage of respected defensive line coach Ryan Nielsen, the more chaos the Vikings defense can create. Orange has shown flashes in the first two weeks of camp. Preseason production would further validate his potential as a rookie.
Speaker 1: There you go, thanks, Dolly, Orange Progress, Orange Progress.
Speaker 3: Orange flashes guaranteed human I hear radio. You guys are in danger. Oh, always so close to It's so close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it might be over.
Speaker 1: Also excited to watch demand Claiborne, you're running back, Dolly.
Speaker 15: In and organized team activities. Veteran Vikings running back Aaron Jones raved about Claiborne's skill set. You cannot miss the juice whoa He glides. He also goes from deciphering to blurring through holes in a flash. The questions never hinged on his talent more than anything. For the sixth round rookie to find the field in twenty twenty six, Claiborne needed to learn the playbook and display consistency with work habits and all security.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 3: You know what's weird? I'm this is not a rip on Alec Lewis, although it's going to sound like it is.
Speaker 5: You know, Chris, You've always said if if a book is good, but the audiobook reader sucks, it ruins the book. That voice makes his writing sound so much worse. You know what I'm saying, Like he's a good writer, but when it's in that voice, you're like.
Speaker 3: He what was it?
Speaker 5: He glides, but like it sounds sarcastic or we's like, is this writing even good? You know what I'm saying, Like Alec needs a different audiobook reader than Dolly Pardon through iHeart Radio Guaranteed Human.
Speaker 3: You know who is really good at Pool? Well, how would we know that? You know who is really good at darts? I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Luke oh Lucas good is Lucas?
Speaker 5: There's Daniel Hastings, There's Adam Feeling, Adam Gavin Gavin Adam Adam, Daniel Daniel, Adam, Adam, Matt, Matt, Gavin Adams.
Speaker 3: Look at him.
Speaker 1: Hey, ever bought up? Well on what's going on?
Speaker 3: It's not how you put up the CD. The whole group is here. Yeah, yeah whatever?
Speaker 11: Sure does Adam know that Sauce thinks it were the two sleds.
Speaker 3: He thinks we're getting zero points.
Speaker 4: I mean that's fine. I am sitting in Sauce's seat right now.
Speaker 1: So this is like, I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 3: Guys, didn't really think that.
Speaker 11: I just want you to understand as a competitor, he thinks we are nothing but trash.
Speaker 3: I mean he's probably right.
Speaker 5: I like, you both have agreed, but you both still he said it. You're like, yeah, he's right, but he's still wrong for saying. I was impressed with myself the last game.
Speaker 4: I got a point and I was like, so proud of myself, and no one else was proud of me.
Speaker 3: So I was like, oh, that was bench press, you got it. Have to one clue. It was super good. It was super impressive.
Speaker 4: I had so much confidence that the next one I guessed on the first clue and.
Speaker 3: Was completely off.
Speaker 5: Though it felt good, it felt good Sauce is still convinced you gave him a fake number back in the day to go golfing because he's just worth genius.
Speaker 3: Isn't how what you're supposed to do?
Speaker 1: I think so alright, like high school all over again.
Speaker 3: No, Matt Minster is just weird for you. You're a Packer fan? Is this weird that he's just lurking?
Speaker 2: And fine?
Speaker 14: I've lived here long enough, I've been here half my life. Doesn't mean I've switch allegiances by anyway, of course not. I mean my team sort of played last night kind of we.
Speaker 3: Have a kicker. Well, and Adam got to play with your guy, right, you got to play with Aaron Rodgers and guy. As a Packer fan, I can't say no. Have I had my.
Speaker 14: Some twists inside of me about it? Yeah, the last couple of guys before love, I had some twists inside of me. But uh, I mean pretty solid player, not bad, not bad like forty years Yeah?
Speaker 3: Too much?
Speaker 5: So he doesn't want to take a shot. I mean, great, you can still sling it right, you.
Speaker 1: Know, like everybody on the shutter Day, including Sauce meets us and money television stars, let's hear for Adam dealing television debut.
Speaker 5: Dude, you're just killing it on ESPN and you've been all over the place the last month.
Speaker 3: Change.
Speaker 4: Did you just call me a television star star just to up here?
Speaker 3: Okay, trust me, that's all really takes to show up. I'll take it.
Speaker 4: That's awesome, all right, No, it's it was actually like so much fun. I've done a few of them, like leading up to the ESPN deal, but that one was by far the most fun, just because it was I was just talking ball and kind of leading up into you know, post career stuff. I was like, you know, I feel like I kind of had an idea what I'd be good at and what I wouldn't be good at. And I thought, like the studio stuff like I wouldn't be as good at just because I'm not like super smart and like articulate. But when I'm talking football, like, I mean, I kind of sound smart. I guess I don't know if that's smart, but uh, but no, it was. It was a blast. The host and you know, Dan and Jason, like those guys made it so easy on me. So it's like it's like being here right, like when you have good people around you or a team, right, Like, when you have good people around you, it just makes it way easier on you yourself as an individual. There's times that I'm not going to name names or places where I've gone on, and you're like, you feel like it's all on you because there's not much support and it's totally different.
Speaker 3: So I think that's why it was so fun and why.
Speaker 4: I was so comfortable as the people that I was around, they were just like there was one time actually that this kind of explains it, but there's one time where they asked me a question. I was kind of going through it and after I stopped, I was like, oh, shoot, like I really wanted to hit this point, and without me saying anything, they brought it right back to me and like I was able to go right into that point.
Speaker 3: So I was like, Oh, that was fun.
Speaker 2: That was cool.
Speaker 1: That's pros man. Did Ko really call you?
Speaker 3: He did?
Speaker 2: He did?
Speaker 3: How'd you know that he said it to us? Okay, hey Tolbrero, Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: And Ko was funny because it was like a partial joke, but like I knew he was like serious too, so.
Speaker 3: But I was like, hey, man, like I don't know if you watched it, but I give.
Speaker 5: You a lot of so it was you know, but anyway, So the point was essentially you were trying to say that it's a really complicated offense, right, and he was like, it's not as hard as Adam makes it think or makes the rest of us think that it is.
Speaker 3: Well, get very smart.
Speaker 4: So to me, the first thing, he said, no, it's funny because because he hates when people call his offense complicated, because I think he feels like that's like a diss on him as a coach, like he's supposed to make it simple, and but it's like at the end of the day, like this is the NFL, Like it's supposed to be complicated, right, Like it's supposed to be you know, the best schemes and the most elaborate schemes because at the end of day, the other side is getting paid a lot of money to stop it and to have the right defenses for things. So like it's it was a compliment to him, but he takes those as like a little bit of an offense, but it is a complicated offense.
Speaker 1: He said, you were giving away too many plays as well.
Speaker 3: He and that's again like and I hope he's listening. He's not, but.
Speaker 4: Yes, you'll hear this from somebody else that will x of it. But he's funny because he's like he's like, oh, you give away our secrets.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I watched the film.
Speaker 4: But everybody else like yes, Like I mean, I probably gave a couple of things that like people were like, oh, that makes more sense. But like they're watching the tape, they're seeing what Justin is doing, and yeah, they don't know it's an option. But then it doesn't matter, like if they play single eye coverage are too high, Like that's the difference, right, and so it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 3: But anyways, right, So you might have been saying something the public doesn't know, but.
Speaker 5: Every defensive coordinator in the world can watch the same film and be like, I know what Adam is saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have an idea.
Speaker 4: I mean again, they don't know that the little intricacies of why he's doing it, but like they know that they know what he's doing.
Speaker 5: It's the best look at the transition to retired football player.
Speaker 3: You're already catching strays from which is the best.
Speaker 4: The best part about it is I was on set when I'm getting the texts you kill me. Yeah, And so I'm like, oh, guys, and and Dan looks at me and goes, hey, used to it, buddy, And I'm like, I don't know if I want to do this anymore.
Speaker 5: And our buddy Daniel Hastings is back there.
Speaker 3: When I'm speaking of TV stars from non Netflix's Love Is Blind, what's up man?
Speaker 16: Good morning everybody again, TV star is a stretch.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 3: I just kind of performed, showed up and and got married. He got married, just found found fund a wife on a TV show. It is going. She's perfect, everything's fine. She's also listening. See. She doesn't want to tax either.
Speaker 4: Do you guys still sit behind walls and talk to each other without.
Speaker 16: I don't know how to actually communicate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you watch that show? Did you see his season or not? I have not seen it. I did not my wife. My wife loves all of those shows.
Speaker 16: I just to be fair, I didn't watch the show but before either, so I when I realized I was gonna go on it, I then, of course I knew what it was.
Speaker 3: But I went and rewatch some of the earlier seasons, so I knew I was surely getting into.
Speaker 4: I will say the popularity of these shows and the people on these shows. I play in a lot of these celebrity golf tournaments and there's usually people from Netflix shows whatever at these events, and man, people go crazy. Numbers are crazy crazy, and which is awesome. And they're all good people. A bunch of them I met are just fantastic people and and it's cool to kind of hear their stories and what they're doing with it and and uh, yeah, awesome.
Speaker 1: Matt, I think this is it. Man, Love goes garage Salem Sailing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what if?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What if behind the walls an elderly woman you don't get to see You're gonna go.
Speaker 3: Tell no, you don't.
Speaker 5: You're just gonna spend the day garage with somebody you just don't know who until it's too late, and then it would be too late.
Speaker 3: What would make it too late with her? And oh that would be too late?
Speaker 5: Yeah that is Chris, I mean an teking with some old lady.
Speaker 3: All right, Hock, if this is the dream, Yeah, let's go. Okay you want to?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I want to? Should we just want?
Speaker 5: Should we just start with like the dry garage sale?
Speaker 1: That's what that's like.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Chris, Sorry did he square did he wins?
Speaker 14: Oh, I see mchas looked throughout the back of my head.
Speaker 3: My hunch is it's gonna stay dry. I know. Was that too fun? No, Yes, someone's gonna do v oke. I don't want to talk during this.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny?
Speaker 5: Chris accidentally garage sale shops with old ladies all the time. So why not get paid to doing with the camera man, Just just hire a guy.
Speaker 1: You guys don't understand. I could qualify to live in a senior living.
Speaker 3: We'll think about this.
Speaker 5: When Sauce was doing Terrible Math with the Polterguys lady earlier.
Speaker 3: Right, she's younger.
Speaker 5: She was younger when the movie came out than you are now, so of course she would have banged her when she was forty nine.
Speaker 1: I sleep in holes in the ground, just to cut out the middle man.
Speaker 14: Have you seen pictures of Wilford Brimley when he's like forty two or whatever? It's right, Yeah, it looks it looked like you're seventy exactly, So you're.
Speaker 3: Doing great, hawk he goes quick.
Speaker 2: Guys, all right.
Speaker 5: A couple segments before we play Initials quarter Final number nine, Adam Feeling is here, Gavin Caseen is here, Matt Minster is here, Daniel Hastings is here. Parish and Marty might be lurking. I don't know if they left or not. But the sauce is stole in the building of course as well. He's competitor number five at eight to fifteen and one if you get to crack at one hundred and twenty two thousand dollars with the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union initials Jack Boy more of the Power Trip after this on the fans.
Speaker 3: From the one eight hundred ask Gary hell.
Speaker 1: So maybe we can ask Adam Dealing to get himself into further trouble with the head coach of the Viking if I'm playing During the segment, everybody's over there, welcome back to the patch of Morning Show.
Speaker 5: Here we are, hey, right over your shoulder, right, Daniel Hastings is having a seat.
Speaker 3: Can you have him stand up for a second of this and show this shirt?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: They want to cameras, right though. They want to see your shit.
Speaker 5: Good so for Adam and Gavin and Matt Minster and and Daniel. When the bracket reveal came out, there was a chat obviously, right and.
Speaker 3: As soon it was. It was sauce versus you four. The chat lit up with like sleds, sleds. This is rigged for sauce.
Speaker 5: So Daniel has a T shirt of all the comments calling you guys sleds.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's a really good shirt.
Speaker 2: That's so good.
Speaker 3: Lean into it, man, man, none of them are allowed in the restaurant.
Speaker 1: I'm calling it right now. Daniel is going to win this thing today.
Speaker 3: The shirt win.
Speaker 14: Yeah, the shirts sweet, I mean sauce.
Speaker 3: How can you not? How can you not walk away today with like eight Hey.
Speaker 2: I've screwed up easier things in my life.
Speaker 3: Clearly wrong.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but still so if somebody beats sauce, he has to buy dinner in one of my restaurants.
Speaker 3: For whoever wins, well, parents shall pick up the pay for it. Can he not come though? I got his credit card on file.
Speaker 5: That's not that hard, you know, Let's do it, Kevin, what are these things called? It is cardamom, the cardon Oh my god, so good. Yeah, my favorite thing you make because I'm a weirdo. But the ten out of ten, so that there's two things fingers and Ben Carterman.
Speaker 3: I should either be a thousand pounds or dead and somehow I'm neither.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, can the rest of us have one?
Speaker 3: It's a few goodies out there. Yeah, I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, and Zacho's going to New York for the first time. If you had one, like not, you know, out of control restaurant, where would you send him to go in New York tonight?
Speaker 3: Tonight? Where to go? Well?
Speaker 11: All right, so I think the classic classic New York restaurant that's just does it awesome every time is Grammarcy Tavern. Go sit at the bar on the tavern side. It's a beautiful restaurant.
Speaker 1: You hear that, Zacho?
Speaker 13: Okay, Grammarcy Restaurant, grammar Sy Tavern.
Speaker 5: Adam, what about you when you went in New York? Where'd you go eat? That's a great question.
Speaker 3: You don't remember.
Speaker 4: I am not a foodie, so really, yeah, like you just gave me some bar food. I'm good, sure, Buffalo Wings pizza obviously before games. So my tradition was I had a stake before every game my entire career. Day over the night's I'm a rib by guy. And well, this is the funny part, is I never booked a reservation in my entire career. So I smartly went with the old lineman because old Liman know how to eat, and so the the tradition was the rookie old linman had to book the place and they would catch so much heat if it wasn't a good restaurant. And so they they like put a lot of time into it. They would have their age and reach out. They'd you know, figure out the best place in the city we were going to close to the hotel we were staying at, and so I ate U some fantastic places, but.
Speaker 3: I don't know their names, so sorry.
Speaker 5: If you Wings guy John Sullivan, yeah that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he seemed like a foodie. He was huge, huge foody.
Speaker 2: He loved it.
Speaker 5: So if you like wings or rib eyes or steaks or whatever, is Buffalo too obvious?
Speaker 3: Then for a spot? Did you love Buffalo, New York? You go to wing spots there?
Speaker 4: Okay, so that's a that's a good one. So would have loved to. But the but the first time I played there when I wasn't so preseason game, right, that's when we could go and like kind of go off the cuff a little bit as far as what we're eating, and so we're we're playing in Buffalo, and the game before in the preseason, I took a shot right to the thigh, like massive thigh brewers. I couldn't barely bend my leg, and so I didn't travel that week, and I was like so excited.
Speaker 3: To go to.
Speaker 4: Buffalo, get the wings, do.
Speaker 3: The whole thing.
Speaker 2: Because it was a preseason game.
Speaker 4: I wasn't playing in it, but didn't get to do so normally, like you know, you go on a road trip, like it's the night before the game, like gotta eat semi healthy or as much as you can and so, but yeah, again, I would have the same dinner.
Speaker 3: I'd have the same breakfast before every game.
Speaker 4: Not superstitious, just very stitious.
Speaker 11: There's two athletes I can't name who they are, but they were in New York to play a game and they called and said.
Speaker 3: Oh, where should we go eat? I said, go eat at this restaurant my friend owned that they'll take care of you.
Speaker 11: And they fed them so much food and they just kept sending out food and they just kept eating it all. They played the game the next day. They were sucking game went to this day. They're just like that that was the worst game I've ever played. And I'm like, I'm not the one that ate the food. You didn't have to eat.
Speaker 4: Well, if you guys are what these old linemen order like that, the amount of food is insane.
Speaker 3: Oh I love o Linman.
Speaker 4: Coming the rest, I'm like, let's go, you know, like most most of us, you know, like night for a game, you're not ordering dessert and like doing it big, like and they every dessert on the menu, yeah, on the table.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it is gone.
Speaker 4: Now everything is gone. It's I mean, I'm sure when we come in there, these restaurants are like all right, here we go.
Speaker 11: But you see them walk in, you're like double the portion. Who tell them it's normal, It's all fine.
Speaker 5: They must be mostly burning it though, right, like Michael Phelps and doing like the ten thousand calories during his Olympic swimming run.
Speaker 3: Of these guys burning if they're just pigging out a lot, I guess I know a lot.
Speaker 1: How many times have you heard well, I hate him, man, I can't keep the weight on. I gotta keep eating. I'm like, man, well, look at.
Speaker 5: Those old line look at like Jeff Saturday after he retire yeah, look at that five. Yeah, Tommy Olsen had Olsen right, they both dropped like one hundred pounds.
Speaker 2: Sully was the same.
Speaker 3: He dropped a ton of weight. Man. That was pre glp once too. That was just losing weight.
Speaker 5: Just stop eating you, stop stop eating natural man.
Speaker 1: All right, Adam, I'm gonna ask you some real football questions real quick, kay, okay. Larn Fitzgerald Junior just went into the Hall of Fame. What was something he was great at that you were just in awe.
Speaker 4: Of well, first off, before I answered the question, so much respect for him. He was a huge part of my career. I remember, like early on in my career being invited out to like his little Larry Fitzgerald deal at the U and being able to kind of just see the way that he works, the way that he trains, the way that he takes care of his body, just his mindset about the game of football. I think a lot of times as consumers always sees what these guys do on Sundays and the best of the best, Like they don't just show up on Sundays and rely on athleticism, Like they put the work in the time, they love the game of football and he's one of those guys. Obviously you're not a Hall of Famer by chance. Like it's hard work, sacrifice, dedication, so lead with that. But obviously Larry Fitzgerald liked best hands to ever play the game. I mean, so strong, even if he wasn't open, like he was catching the football a dbi's worst nightmare because they could do everything right and still he's going to catch the football his run after the catch because he was so strong and you know, kind.
Speaker 3: Of sneaky speed.
Speaker 4: I guess I remember the game against the Pack as I believe.
Speaker 14: I remember the game against There.
Speaker 3: You go overtime short slant and he just rocked it and was gone. No one was close.
Speaker 14: Like is that the game airing through those two Hail Marys in that last drive and took in overtime.
Speaker 2: I think so yeah, And then he ended it right and over.
Speaker 14: Tofhanis to caught like two hail Marriors and then yeah, he ended in the.
Speaker 3: First play overtime.
Speaker 4: But it's like those type of plays, like like when you're when you're taking off against NFL players, like there's something there, right, but you never think of like Larry Fazeril is like the speedster right, So, but yeah, a lot of a lot of respect for him, and we've become close friends, golfing buddies, and he won't play me anymore because I got pretty good.
Speaker 3: I got really good, and then now I've gotten really bad. Oh that's the name of golf.
Speaker 11: Larry and I went to high school together, and we want a talent contest with each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is crazy.
Speaker 11: So I think we were soft more freshman or sophomore in high school.
Speaker 3: You guys went to making this up.
Speaker 11: We went to Holy Angels and he eventually left Holy Angels, but I can't remember for you freshmans or sophomores, but it was Larry Fitzgerald, myself and Troy Bell and Troy ended up playing professional basketball Michigan's right, what happened to you? So here, here's here's the talent contest. I know you're going to be surprised. I stood under the basketball hoop and Larry jumped over me and slammed the ball, and Troy jumped over me and slammed the ball and the hoop and we won the talent concept.
Speaker 3: Wow, So their talent was freaking athleticism.
Speaker 7: Your talent was standing. It was amazing. It's a talent to be five one sure at that point in your life to just stand there, that might have been a stretch. I'm not sure I was that tall, but watch it, Sauce.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it was great, like a photo of this, I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Actually, Larry and I have like old photos of us in high school together.
Speaker 11: He was, he was, and watching him play football in high school was like a video because his hands are so big and like, you just throw the ball up in the air. I mean I could have played quarterback. You just throw the ball up in the air and he would catch it. But it was crazy because Randy, you know, Randon Moss, Chris Carter, they would all come to the games.
Speaker 3: So you would see him at the games, at the high school game.
Speaker 5: And Larry's again got one of the coolest stats in the history of sports, right that he has more tackles than dropped past.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 14: Put numbers like that with the guys that thre I mean other than Kurt Warner.
Speaker 3: McCown.
Speaker 1: Right, he had a quarterback my name Kyler Murray.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did he Yeah? The last one year?
Speaker 2: Last year I think was his last catch from Kyler Murray.
Speaker 3: Okay, Wow, I think it.
Speaker 12: Would have had to have been his last year because he went in the Hall of Fame this year, and Kyler, I think was a rookie in twenty nine, nineteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of a year or two. Then it's going to be one or two years. Yeah, yeah, crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right. That's it.
Speaker 3: That's it, all right, one more segment before initials. We'll come back, we'll do Fan five.
Speaker 5: We'll talk about what's going on more with Adam Thiel and Gavin Case and Mattminster, Daniel Hastings and the rest of the power.
Speaker 3: To have Morning Joe after this. I'm the fan from the one eight hundred