Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey or Dodger Talker. We're joined right now for the first time this spring by Dodgers starting pitcher and a hero one of many heroes of last year's World series, Tyler Glass. Now, Tyler, thanks a lot for the time. Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks dude, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Hey, you're a hard guy to pin down. You're always on the move, which is a good thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess so it depends who you ask.
Speaker 1: What's the spring been like for you as far as the comfort level now being in the organization for a couple of years.
Speaker 2: Good, it feels like normal, kind of like last year. Just you got your your routine. You're in and out all day long, just doing everything like stretching, lifting, throwing, all that, all the good stuff. So everything feels good. I feel healthy.
Speaker 1: When do you hear pictures as they transform from you know, in their early twenties to when they start to get closer to thirty years old, they say they evolve and adjust things as far as their routine. Have you adjusted anything in the last three four years?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. I think it's just certain like stuff you do before, like certain movements you find that like kind of get you ard up a little quicker to try to expedite stuff so you're not in there for so long. And then like lifting philosophies, I guess they used to lift really heavy and like do a lot more power based stuff. So I think now it's more just like maintaining and like being strong within like all of your mobility and being strong in end range and and all that stuff, So not as much like like meat headlifting. I'd say, Yeah, what.
Speaker 1: Is the balance between being strong but yet being flexible as a.
Speaker 2: Picture, Yeah, I think it's I just it's kind of depends on who you are. Like, if you're already kind of prone to being more more flexible, you're a bendy guy, you probably do like a little bit more stability stuff and maybe like you can do a little bit more strength stuff. And if you're tight wound, you probably back off from the lifting and do a lot more like tissue and stretching and stuff like that. So just it's kind of like everyone has their own formula.
Speaker 1: Tyler Glass now is our guest, how much are you looking forward to not just opening day with the Dodgers, but the second day of the season. When you get your ring.
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah, that'll be great, super excited, been looking forward to it. It'll be nice to just add to the collection, and hopefully we get another one this year.
Speaker 1: Have you during the offseason did you ever look back replay the way Game six ended or have you kind of stayed away from that more mentally?
Speaker 2: I'd say, I mean, I've seen like the like highlight videos ever where I feel like a lot of times you look on like TV and it's you know what I mean, It's just like it's there a lot and it's like the throat from Kik and the pick for Miggy and everything. So I haven't gone back and like watching in full, but I think like mentally I've gone back through it a few times.
Speaker 1: Was it somewhat of an out of body experience when you're in it?
Speaker 2: Sort of? Yeah. It was like just happened so fast. So I hasn't got ending ended, and it was just it happened so quick, and I kind of just looked around. I was like, oh, wow, okay, cool games, haven't it just Yeah, like I said, it just happened so quick, and there was a little bit of like out of body going on for sure.
Speaker 1: Everybody talks about the game ending double play, rightfully, so great play. But you getting Ernie Clement, who had seen so many pitches in that World Series on the first pitch to get the first out. How much did that change to the complexion of the inning.
Speaker 2: I think it's definitely helpful. I think to come in with no outs. I think a pitcher's best friend is definitely getting out one. It's kind of like a nice feeling, especially on an early early swing. I think when they get guys on scoring position, like anytime there was a guy on third or second, they definitely all got like really aggressive. So I think just trying to get that two seam up and in who I don't really throw that to rieties that often, so I think you thought it was a four seamer and then popped it up. But it does give you like a little surge of adrenaline and or like a little surge of confidence and then just kind of be able to settle into the inning and like finish the job.
Speaker 1: When you think about Tyler Glass now as a Dodger, You've made the most starts in your career in one season, you made the All Star team, and now you're a back to back World Series champion. You talked about earlier this spring letting go and trusting the staff. Does all of that success allow you to trust everybody?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's just more about getting to know the people and like kind of understanding what they know about everything and just having those conversations. I don't necessarily know if like winning is like the biggest driver of trust. I think it's just kind of getting to know people and like understanding what everyone knows. And I just think everyone here is just so skilled and know so much that it is easy to trust everyone here.
Speaker 1: And do you believe that they understand what makes Tyler Glass now the best as well? Uh?
Speaker 2: I don't know about the best, but yeah, they understand me extremely well. They definitely do. I think as the years have gone on to like, it's been really cool to be here too. I think some like I am maybe like unique in the sense of I think everyone's unique in the sense of what they need throughout the season, but they've all done such a good job of being all right, this is kind of how you are, Like we can give you this stuff, but like you're still yourself and we'll try to work with you on how you are, which is just like such a blessing and it's just a sign of like a really good organization.
Speaker 1: How much did Dave Roberts challenging you last year kind of change your season and just change the mentality going into this season.
Speaker 2: It didn't really, I think. I think it's just yeah, I think once you do, I think that's kind of what the postseason is. I think being in it before you know, like all the rules change, there's no rules, you just all hands on deck. And I knew that going in. I knew Doc would would do that. And I think especially early on, knowing like well the starters were coming out of the bullpen, it was like, clearly, this is going to be kind of how it is all postseasons, so you kind of have to just get ready for everything. But him trusting me was awesome, Like putting me in those big situations. It means a lot to me, and I felt ready for him, And I think as far as preparation goes, I keep it the same, but like, just no, that's kind of how we roll in the postseason and just try not to get to like set into your ways and just be comfortable being uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: I guess, yeah, I love that. I think we all need to learn how to be comfortable being uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Sure, why not?
Speaker 1: Right now I'm in this clubhouse. You always to keep your head on a swivel in this place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're good at it, man, You're very good at it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot for the time. Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 1: Sorry you have to share lockers with snell over? There? Is he starting to infringe on your side?
Speaker 2: No, he's good man, that's a blessing. He keeps his stuff on his side.
Speaker 1: We're good.