Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: It's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas terrible person, He's the worst.
Speaker 2: And Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe.
Speaker 2: Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the petros In Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadakus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: This is unexpected, like a squirt from an aggressive grapefruit.
Speaker 2: Long to you, Special us and Money A five seventy LA Sports. We are alive everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. We've got Clippers basketball tonight taking on Philadelphia, where you're home of Super Bowl sixty and NBA Also Star twenty twenty six takes over Los Angeles this February. Do not miss Castro Rising Stars, the Ruffles, All Stars Celebrity Game and be a crossover the NBA HBCU Classic presented by AT and T. Four events one at the Coops Weekend, get your tickets at NBA events dot com and All week journe.
Speaker 3: Didn't I just do a story about this?
Speaker 2: Yes, as a matter of fact, you did, Balmer like.
Speaker 3: Before we like, before we start promoting the All Star Game.
Speaker 2: Let's that's a fair pot. Well, maybe we just separate the two, you know, so like we just say, hey, we're excited about this A M five seventy LA Sports PMS tickets. We got them. We're gonna get events on Feb thirteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did you see, by the way, about the dug contest?
Speaker 2: Madam?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 2: Oh what did they say? As though? Is Whitey McGee gonna do it?
Speaker 3: Well, it's very interesting to freak him up, uh, because that was the crux of the text, because as we all know, Whitey McGhee has won the.
Speaker 2: Last three of like five or something like or three of six. Yeah, Mac McClung, this says. It's a tale as all as time. Every time the NBA needs some high flying, exciting dunks, you have to reach out for Whitey mcgine. That's right, exactly right, It is true.
Speaker 3: Did you have some other All Star Game?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if you saw this just I realized as I read the Ruffles All Star Celebrity Game, did you see our boy Drakard and no war sham Sharan or Sharania is to play. So he screwed up and said that Austin Reeves was going to be back like last week and then deleted it like five minutes later. Yeah again, see that all the Laker.
Speaker 3: Fameses would have never done this. You lose it.
Speaker 2: And then one of the trends that came out of that from Woj would never do this, you lose or he was pub as he dropping bombs is and you're playing in that celebrity game, You're such a loser. Woch would never play in the Celebrity idiot.
Speaker 3: He is gonna play.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was a huge part of the negatives on his comments after deleting the Austin Reeves is going to be back for this game tonight.
Speaker 3: Everyone's everybody after that game is gonna smell like all kinds of cologne.
Speaker 2: Oh that's his defense. I'm just gonna I'm gonna get all doused in cologne and rub up on you.
Speaker 3: Is there any truth to the rumor that Shador Sanders is in the dug Contest.
Speaker 2: That's true. That would be incredible.
Speaker 3: If Browny's in the dunk contest, then I'm putting all my money on him to win it. Ultimate tribute to King James. I don't want to get nailed by the King all I just you know, can we just like tell stories about San Clemente and the different racist ways they keep people out? I don't I don't care.
Speaker 2: The birds don't care like anything. You're not gonna care about shams and the Ruffles All Star Celebrity Game.
Speaker 3: Not unless he gets absolutely pommeled, right.
Speaker 2: You know, Dan Cortez was a big part of the celebrity circuit. He was always playing in the uh Like, think about how big your TV was not tall? Yeah, think about that. Like MTV would regularly put three or four people in the Celebrity Basketball Game because MTV was such a big deal back in the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Martha Quann out there and small Alan Hunter. It's time for Kevin Seal long Range. It's time for the word of the day.
Speaker 2: His words the word of the day.
Speaker 3: Adam Curry and Center, it's speaking of black It is Black History Month. Here on The Peterson Money Show. Black History is celebrated in a wonderful way. Bill Bellamy going for twenty five, Oh Bellamy, Chris Hardwick, can ober could never He's all over all right, nobody does better with Black history than us. For God's sakes, Matt I already did an HBCU story already, right out of the gate. I'd be right out of the gate, right right at the beginning of the show, we're talking Tuskegee. Okay, so we're not sweating it here on the Petrison Money Show. But everybody, everybody wants to take credit for all the good work they've done for the black man and woman when it comes to Black History Month, right and so right right at the beginning of the day, seven eleven am on the first, which was yesterday, Black History Month, popping off the Chicago White Sox do a whole Black history timeline of the thirties, the sixties, the seventies, all the different black guys, Larry Dobie, I mean, they're, you know, just two pages of a timeline. Ken Williams, all kinds of except they left off one very large black man by the name of Frank Thomas. All left him off the whole timeline.
Speaker 2: He's one of the all time great Chicago White Sox players ever, and.
Speaker 3: He immediately tweeted under it, I guess the black player who made you rich over there and holds all your records is forgettable. Oh don't worry.
Speaker 2: I'm taking receipts. So already Black history beef off to a tough start.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: On the South Side, we got Maddie Minoso, right, Harold Baines, Danny Goodwin, I mean so yes. I mean Frank Thomas would have won the damn Triple Crown had they not gone on strike in ninety four.
Speaker 3: Shesh and maybe that's why he was left off. I don't know. They got bo Jackson in his right, in his White Sox hat. They've got Michael Jordan, they I don't see Jordan, but Jerry Manuel, James Baldwin, Charles Johnson are part of the first all black Mound meeting in MLB history.
Speaker 2: And no Frank Thomas, No.
Speaker 3: They even show Will Venables some love. Becomes the third African American manager in White Sox history. And Frank Thomas very upset, not just the big hurt, but big butt hurt. Matt not happy and he took some of that nugenics and he's ready to fight.
Speaker 2: Oh, him and Fluty are coming to town and they're gonna beat some ass san Hell.
Speaker 3: He's driving. It's done for this.
Speaker 2: Number of the day. I mean, I'm on their Baseball Reference homepage. You know where they have like in terms of war the greatest players ever in the history of the of the team and literally Frank Thomas's third and there are one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten white guys before the next black guy, Minnie Minoso is in line. That is how much better he is than any other black player. Do you think he ever played.
Speaker 3: Emarrassed about the boner pills and that's why they didn't put it up. Nugenics fatigue could be my man.
Speaker 2: I will never ask you guys to do two things. No drunk driving and no boner pills.
Speaker 3: All right, name is Darren KAVANOCKI I just want you to meet it.
Speaker 2: I thought you said no drunk driving. Just just say see the feeling, see what you think you know you guys might have a chemistry And no boner pills, I promise.
Speaker 3: Except this is my friend from Royal Honey Chewing and do it.
Speaker 2: Steve's doing it. Not in San Diego. He said he loves it. Yeah, that's unfortunate for Frank Thomas, the big hurt Nugenicks. I guess you forgot about me. Here's my number. Top number of the day number the day pe I do this for you is one congratulations. Business Insider just posted the numbers from the twenty twenty four twenty twenty five school year. Twenty twenty three twenty twenty four belonged to my alma mater, Pepperdine, but now USC is number one. The Trojans have topped Harvard, Yale, MIT Princeton. They are the most expensive school in the nation. USC seventy five grand tuition, twenty one grand for room and board, ninety six thousand dollars per year to earn a degree, to give you the opportunity to earn a degree from the University of Southern California, Fight Fight all your alma mater. Only three ivys were in the top twenty of most expensive schools, Brown, Columbia, and Cornell. A lot of the non ivy but we want to be ivys and people kind of think maybe we're ivys. Vassar, Colgate, Toffs, Amherst, Wesley, and Barnard are all in the top twenty and uh Pepperdine perhaps not want any attention of being the most expensive school in the nation, considering their academic and alumni network reputation compared to some of the other uh well respected National Trojan family. All the time, you were like, you know, let's let's just see if we can just slide back a little bit. So they slid all the way back to nineteenth with that bargain price for my alma mater of ninety five thousand, one hundred dollars per year to go to Pepperdine.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks a lot, Matt. You know you tried to. I don't like it one way it was framed. You're like, oh, congratulations, like I was going to get something like I did this for you and congratulations, And it was like I was going to get something right like number one. This is business Insider. Do you didn't see this? They ranked you the number one guy, number.
Speaker 2: One that you like this?
Speaker 3: And I mean, I'm glad that that that my education was so impactful to me and worth every penny that we didn't.
Speaker 2: Have to pay because I have my hand dopp But.
Speaker 3: It's uh, just think what people do at se like I speak it classes at sc like just a rash.
Speaker 2: Marcozi's been a teacher at Scars.
Speaker 3: Expensive in the world, the most south central LA.
Speaker 2: Number. Yes, they want to charge you twenty one thousand dollars for room and board to live in south central Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Well, the football team's just so good, so you know you have fun exactly all.
Speaker 2: So there's that, So congratulations. By the way, when I was going through it, there was a school I did not recognize. As a learned man. You may be familiar with the New School. I was not.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, is great. They had that's where buster rhymes and a lot of those guys care the leaders of the New School.
Speaker 2: It is funny you mentioned that they are in New York City.
Speaker 3: Yes, I have heard of the New School there.
Speaker 2: They are in the West Village. They have are and obviously a heck of an alumni list, as you would imagine Tennessee Williams, Carolina.
Speaker 3: People like that. It's not it's the new School is not that new.
Speaker 2: No, it is from the early nineteen hundreds. FDR went there. But they do have arguably the greatest mascot. I looked it up. I was like, what is this new school? Their mascot Gnarls the Narwalal.
Speaker 3: That's right, pretty awesome, That is true, pretty awesome if we have been through the New School. The New School is a real.
Speaker 2: Bougie, yes moosiest of bougies, which is why it's like ninety five grand a year.
Speaker 3: And that's why when you walk in there, the two guys from third base are doing the kid in play dance because it's the This.
Speaker 2: Is the song of the day.
Speaker 4: Beach Bunny is a three piece outfit from the Midwest with our song of the day called February because the Petros and Money Show is launched out of the starting gate on the first I'm a Horse Monday of the month of February. Carving out a new path is what we're doing through the uncharted lens of great sports talk as we go with three hours of AM Radio Salvation, one segment at a time, leading you to the NBA with the Clippers looking to get back into the win column against the Philadelphia seventy six as man that's taking place at into a Dome tonight where Adam Oslin will be with that countdown show come six o'clock.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Ronnie. We'll be right back with our friend from the NFL Network and Matt's partner on the Chargers game, Daniel Jeremiah.
Speaker 1: Petros Papadakis, That Money Smith. This is Petro Send Money cop on demand holming.
Speaker 2: The back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers. All your great doctor content available through the iHeartRadio app. Petros Money Show podcast has a lot of that. If you missed our conversation with Miguel Rojas inside the Locker Room last week Friday from four to five pm, be sure to download A Great Time with Migey Rojas. All that is available free on the iHeartRadio app. That's best interview y'all learned. That's incredible.
Speaker 3: Joining us right now. Wonderful human being and a great analyst, a great prospector in the world of NFL front office movement and scouting.
Speaker 2: This mock draft is coveted.
Speaker 3: This podcast Move the Sticks is a very popular podcast.
Speaker 2: His work on the NFL Network is fabulous and we of course know.
Speaker 3: Him from being Matt's partner with Shinn and Barren on the Chargers broadcast on KFI on your Southern California. Tell you to Dealer Celebrity Hotline. It is Daniel Jeremiah Fresh from the Senior Bowl.
Speaker 2: Mock draft is out? What's cracking, Daniel? How are you all right?
Speaker 5: You guys ready for a list? Because I do mock drafts. You do, you know, you rank the players, and so I got a list for you. I'm gonna work five to one. That does that work real quick as we start off?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: So here you got the uh, the ESPN acquisition of NFL network has taken places you guys are well aware. So I choose to look at I choose to look at this as an opportunity. So I, you know, look, we've just I've worked at an NFL you know network. I haven't had a chance to cross over. So looking at programming options, I tried to find other ways I could kind of, you know, maybe plug some holes and fill in. So I've got my top five that I'm going to aim for if I ever get the opportunity to lobby to do stuff outside of the NFL. Number five Westminster Dog Show. I don't know, you know, if they but I I, as you guys know, I've owned a dog for two weeks and I think that qualified needed to be hated. Oh is it? Well? That crossed that one off the list. Number four cornhole if they do some.
Speaker 2: Cornhole, the cornhole on the on the ocean, get in on that.
Speaker 3: I think it's a voice over announcer, though I don't think you get to.
Speaker 2: Go to the AFAN satellite. Satellite three three.
Speaker 5: Is someone who went to both Northeast Louisiana and Apple. Iism state the spelling bee. Number two. Number two be the outdoor games. I just want to see somebody jamesaw Yes, number that's a good one number number. So then I've got one. Oh that that was on number one number one. Let's just reboot up close, you know, Roy Firestone, let give another crack of that thing.
Speaker 3: Oh, I can see you getting the best out of somebody. Myers wasn't battered up close.
Speaker 2: Did fire Stone get busted for peeing in public? Yes, that's what I thought off of them.
Speaker 3: That probably.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Roy, You know you do seven hundred interviews that are Emmy Award winning worthy. You go pee outside one time and get popped by the cop.
Speaker 3: It was off the poor guy.
Speaker 5: He was also he was also great and Jerry Maguire like.
Speaker 2: That, Yeah, he was.
Speaker 3: He interviewed Rod Tidwell, Yes, moment, where did you have Tidwell on your your sheet.
Speaker 6: It was a character, A little bit of.
Speaker 5: A character by the way. Uh, great time at the Senior Bowl. Had a good time down there. It was very cold. But I will say, if you guys were at all worried about the tobacco industry, it is still rising, right.
Speaker 2: Mean what did you see there? DJ? I know, we only seems like we got one maybe two quarterbacks smoking a lot of smoke. And is uh is nuss Meyer now in the conversation for some of these teams? Did he have a good Senior Bowl week? I think that was the only Oh, Pabia was down there too, that's right, what about those two days?
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, Smayer had had a good, solid week. You know, I don't to me, he's kind of the high end of the range would be as a day two guy somewhere. But you know, he he's got a live arm, he's you know, coach's kid, you love all that stuff. Didn't have the year he wanted to have, but he was he was solid during the week. Pavia. I mean he came in under five ten, so that that wasn't a great way to start at five oh nine seven, So five nine seven eighths under two hundred pounds, so he's just not real big and I don't think I think the bar obviously no pun intended, was very high for him to climb over. You know, he just kind of he just kind of blended in. He didn't have a great week.
Speaker 2: Uh what the draft typically is driven by quarterbacks. You know, a couple of years ago, you get you know, just Gold with Caleb and obviously Jayden Daniels and Drake May and all that. What about the draft this year? Is it a good draft for you? Are we going to start to learn who these people are, like what other position groups? Is it like an O line draft?
Speaker 5: And you're like, oh boy, it's better than an O line draft because it's a D line draft. So it's a you know, good, good, really good group of edge rushers. And that was uh, you know, the Singer Bowl can kind of be a little bit of a microcosm with a whole draft class. You see where the strengths are, and it was a good group of edge rushers down there. T J. Parker from Clemson, you know, didn't have the year he wanted, but he's got a chance to go back in the back into the first round. He did a nice job there. Derek Moore, who's at Michigan is like a Day two guy. There's a there's a bunch of those types of players. And then when you look at the the overall top fifty in the draft class, I think I had eight, maybe eight ags rushers in the top fifty, so tons of a defensive lineman, you know, some some solid DT's that overall that group is the strongest of the draft. And there's a there's a boatload of receivers, and I think that's going to be the case just about every year.
Speaker 3: The next time a guy does a motorcycle jump over a couple of big rigs hosting with a leather clad Joe tessitour you guessed it, ladies and gentlemen, Daniel Jeremiah our guests.
Speaker 2: I don't know it was Gary Miller, that it wasn't Roy Firestone was.
Speaker 3: Sorry Roy.
Speaker 5: I remember Roy used to have the like the sides of his hair almost connected to his eyebrows. I just remember that, thinking.
Speaker 3: Very short for him of New Jersey. Daniel, your thoughts on Ferdie Mendoza.
Speaker 5: I like him, you know, to me, he's obviously my number one player. I think he's the first pick I hear people saying wow in years past, he you know, he wouldn't stack up. I look, I I just go through the last groups of players. I gave him the same grade, totally different players, but gave him the same grade I gave cam Ward. I would have had him over that next tier of quarterbacks. You mentioned the big three when we had you know, Caleb, Jade, Daniels, Drake May all three of those guys that had higher grades, but he would have carried a higher grade to the next wave we saw in that draft, which was McCarthy, Pennix, and bo Nix, and I was bo Nicks. Has played well, but he stacks up over those guys. He's big, he's athletic enough, he'd make every play. He's been great and third down great in the red zone. He's a smart kid. There's a lot to like there. He's a good, good player.
Speaker 2: Thoughts on the Charger coordinator hires. They lose Jesse Minnor to the Ravens their DC. They hire Chris O'Leary, they lose well, they relieve Greg Roman of his duties, and they hire Mike McDaniel.
Speaker 5: Your thoughts, Yeah, I'm excited about it. Money, I've you know, it was a good bit of conversation at the Senior Bowl with all the teams down there about the different coaching moves, and I would say, you know, Mike McDaniels hire in some of it because they know that I'd call the games. But a lot of people wanted to talk about that, and there's a lot of excitement around the league to see what he can do with the young skill position players they have there. I thought you did a great job getting a chance to see you guys visit with him. I was entertaining. I think it's I think it's going to be a really good fit. And then on the defensive side of the ball, you know, I had talked to you know where Tea's you know, through uh throughout the year about the fact that Jesse Mener was you know, was the chance that he could be gone, a high chance he would be gone because of you know, his reputation and how coveted he would be. And you know, there was there was a lot of excitement for the higher that he made because that he had talked about him, you know, earlier on in the fall of someone that he had his eyes on. So I thought Jim Harbaugh and Joe were able to go out and get someone who's familiar in the building and someone who's beloved by the players, but someone who also, uh is extremely intelligent and can pick up where Jesse left off.
Speaker 3: Did Are you a guy that's rooting for Sammy Darnold and his flaming head head of red hair?
Speaker 6: Feel easy?
Speaker 5: Easy to root for man like the everybody's taking their victory laps if you stuck with him throughout the whole time and doing I don't I don't really get into that stuff, but look, I love them coming to the draft process. There was was there a time where I thought, Okay, I just whiffed met him, you know, of course, but he's a good dude. I think the way that he's not taking a victory lap on people and tried to dunk on other organizations, I think that kind of tells you all you need to know about him. He's just a good dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was no you know, they tried to write me off, but I didn't write him back. Yeah, he did not come with that from from sam right last one.
Speaker 5: He had said used the old the very narrow path, which is like, hey, actually all that stuff has kind of made me who I am today, So I'm actually thankful for some of those experiences. He's a good dude, mature dude. And They, I mean, I would imagine they would handle business in the Super Bowl. They're much better football team.
Speaker 2: It was okay, Well that then answers that question. DJ is going to lay the four What about the what about the Raiders hiring their oc that works so well with with Sam this year Clint Kubiak, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think him having the choice of Arizona and They, because I think he definitely made the right choice, just because you have a chance to get a quarterback. So from the coaching standpoint picking the team, I get it. And then you know, I we saw with what the Patriots have done to get in the Super Bowl, and when you get the right quarterback and the right play caller together, and then you can play with a bunch of new linemen as they did with four new starters this year in New England. You know, I think Vegas has a chance to be relevant within a couple of years. I think a lot of people feel like a million miles away, but we've got a pretty recent example of a team that hit all the right notes and ended up turning around pretty quick.
Speaker 3: We'll have fun in Santa Clara. DJ. We know you're going up there and staying at the Saint Francis, Sir Francis Drake, excuse me, I believe that you're having a party at the Starlight's not correct.
Speaker 5: That's not correct, pe' I am instead going to be on NFL network doing the alternative halftime. Showed a bad Bunny, So if you don't want to watch Bunny, you watch It's me and RHTT again have access to video highlights. But this is I think your rets under the bunch. I think it's maybe three or four from me, but I'm expected big numbers this year. There's a lot of buzz and excitement about our halftime show.
Speaker 2: Twenty five minutes straight, no video.
Speaker 3: You're not going a scouting party at the at the Starlight Lounge like you normally do.
Speaker 5: No, it's been gosh money. I probably the last time we would have been together doing those like super Bowl live shows many months ago. But I mean, yeah, I haven't been to the super Bowl. Last super Bowl I went to might have been the Malcolm Butler one in Arizona. That's been a while now.
Speaker 2: I remember that one because Jim Jim Miller, former Steeler and Bear quarterback, was drinking red wine from the bottle at the bar, just straight out of the bottle. You don't want that to breathe at all. Huh, just not get back.
Speaker 5: I appreciate the no Padre Dodger questions, by the way, you guys give me a little reprieve for a little bit.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you know, well, what's there to talk about?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 5: My team, My team is the World Baseball Classic Team. That's my team.
Speaker 2: There's just the USA. The Padre just dormant, like a volcano.
Speaker 5: The Padres have guys on so many different countries. I'm just like, I don't want to win something this year. I feel very confident about that.
Speaker 3: Well, good luck to you, Daniel, and enjoy that halftime show. I might be watching.
Speaker 5: Yeah, tune in, we'll see you.
Speaker 2: There's DJ.
Speaker 3: And we'll be back.
Speaker 2: We got video, guys, No, no, we don't, but we're the NFL that board.
Speaker 3: Why would we have video where the NFL network we literally should have the rights to it. Yeah we don't, but it made you a stat board. Dyland Smith Dyland Smith is going to join us. Matt He's the coach of the year. He's in Santa Clara, and he's the guy that led Palisades High through a very, very rocky road to an undefeated regular season in twenty twenty five. Nice is right, Matt even better than Playga Golf on a video game. Nice and he will join us next and we'll celebrate him. We're going all the way until six and then we got Clippers.
Speaker 2: This is Petro Some Money on demand, Petro Some Money AM five seventy LA Sports live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app, your home of the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers. If you missed our conversation with Miguel Rojas on Friday inside the Locker Room, be sure to relive that through our social media feeds or the Petros and Money Show podcast. It'll be the final hour of Friday Show. But we are also p our home of football have been all season long, of course, the home of the Chargers and the home of Super Bowl sixty. You'll get it this coming Sunday, kickoff at three thirty pm with all the pregame festivities included right here on AM five to seventy LA Sports and live from Santa Clara.
Speaker 3: Right now representing Palisades Charter School. And obviously this is a LA show. We don't need to tell you what the Palisades has been through. But coach Dilon Smith has kept it together for the football team. They have guys that come from all over as it's a charter school, the Dolphins, and they have been just absolutely stellar in keeping that community going in their way. Ten victories, ten and zero in what was a chaotic season, practicing all over the place. And he is being honored as the Coach of the Year at the Super Bowl, nominated by your Los Angeles Chargers Palace of course, the voice of the Bulls, so joining us right now. Former Santa Monica and Santa Monica CC and Kansas Jayhawk Dylon Smith leader of young men and an inspiring story no doubt this year. What's cracking, coach?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 6: I'm doing great? How you guys doing? Thanks for having me on?
Speaker 3: Oh it's great. So what's it been like for you? First of all, just the hard work of keeping your team together and finding a place to play and uh, and then to what it's like now being honored and having everybody recognize the job that you and your young people did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's been a long year, you know, just just a credit to the commity, the school, the parents, the kids, and the administration just you know, trying to find fields for us to play on. Like I said, keeping the like you said, keeping the players together on the team, and you know, just wanting to do it for each other and have a successful year. To inspire everything that went on this year.
Speaker 2: Petro's mentioned it coach ten and zero in the regular season. It's one thing to try to put this together, to find out where you're gonna practice, where you're gonna play all road games, but kind of take us through that ten win against zero loss season. Uh, and maybe a couple of the games that just kind of pop out to you as to what made it such a special year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, you know, I told the kids, you know, any anytime you win one game is hard enough, and to win teamsine a roll go on the seat did with what you guys did was I mean, I've never seen it before, and it just goes through to the resilience of the team and the players and the clach the staff and what.
Speaker 5: We did this year.
Speaker 6: You know, we had to go on the room seven seven games. We had three home games kind of close that Santa Monica College, but even our playoff game wasn't It's not like a road game because we had to go to win the Southwest College and play. But you know, our first game against Harvard Westlake, it was a slow start in the game. We were resilient and it came out with a three point win. And I think our biggest win was our third Marriage Star game. We were down ten points a half time. I mean we were really struggling running the ball and throwing the ball, and you know, I looked at the kids, I said, you know, we've come back with you know, from bigger things this year.
Speaker 5: This game is nothing.
Speaker 6: And we came back second half and ended up winning the game by seven points, and you know, and then winning league in the seat in the league, and then you know, our last game at fair faxt i mean gainst Fair Facts at Sofi Stadium, it was just sicing on the cake. So it's just a special season for us.
Speaker 3: Not easy against Mary Starr at the see those tough little Sampedro types.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Coach Diland joined us right now on the Petros and Money Show talking about what a wonderful year it was. For the Palisades and an inspiring story to have an undefeated regular season, and of course to find places to play and to get equipment. Uh what on the day after the fires or you know, uh the week after that?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: How did you figure.
Speaker 3: All that out? How long did it take to get equipment and and find places to practice?
Speaker 6: We actually did have any equipment. I emailed the chargers I think a day or after the fires, and I just asked them, if there is there's any equipment that you guys are throwing away, I mean we'll take anything bags. Uh, that's whatever you guys don't want, you know, we we'll take. And Zach got back to us from the from the charges the next day. We spent about thirty minutes on the phone and we said, whatever you guys we can do to help, we will do. And he's kept us word. I mean, he's gonna buzz beyond and then all the charges the organization has for this program, and unfortunately we still didn't get any equipment to us. We you know, we went all season with no weights, no sled, no equipment, no bags, no table dummies, nothing. I think one one one month we had a slat Samax to college. But for the most for the whole season, we had four handbags and clones for for equipment the whole season, so uh, you know, we struggled at times with not having certain equipment, but again just the resilience of the kids, we fought through it.
Speaker 2: You uh, you were honored at the halftime ceremony at the Charger Raider game. We were there and it was pretty cool to see all the coaches out there just kind of take us through coaches. Coach Island Smith joins us head coach at Palisades Charter High School. Kind of what the camaraderie was, the support that you got from the rest of your head coaches, because just kind of looking down on the field during the ceremony seemed like you had quite a bit of support from everybody else that was there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was a great time, and it's you know, students honoring to be down there with your peers and kind of share stories of what their program is like and what they go through and they're have some downs and struggles, but you know, almost everybody the same goal we all have was being there for the kids. And there's a reason why those all those other coaches were a Coach of the Week, a Coach of Year because they really care about what they do and they care about football and teaching young men. And I got I said, it's just honored to be down there and just share the field in that moment with those other coaches.
Speaker 3: What is the program like now? What is the I mean, obviously things are far from from done in the Palisades, very far the field, the whole thing. What are you guys looking like for twenty twenty six.
Speaker 6: I'm excited. They just took down a new turf. They're doing the track right now, so to just finish the turf as of probably save or tomorrow and'll be done and then they're going to be doing finishing the track. We're back on campus finally. We were at the serious Departments tour Sata Monica for the last year, but she's been The twenty seventh was our first day of batball campus, so you know, things are really looking looking up for the program. We still don't have a weight room quite yet. We're still figuring that out down the field where we lost it. But our weightroom on campus just needs some flooring and that should be done in the next couple of weeks. So we'll only start getting some weights waits up for the next couple of weeks. So really really excited about that as well.
Speaker 2: Last one for you, coach, and we appreciate it. Petro's mentioned it. You're up in Santa Clara where Super Bowl is going to be honored up there at the NFL Honors ceremony a little bit later this week. Kind of give us an idea of what your schedule is, and then kind of the second part of that. I know there's some money that's coming your way for the program and stuff, and how that part of it helps and what else you guys are doing to try to get this thing back to at least as whole as possible going into next season.
Speaker 6: Yeah, super excited. Just fill it this morning, got here and we have some events going on about to the Pro Bowl tomorrow, We're going to be at the NFL Honors and then you know, some dinners with with some players and NFL staff and then get to see obviously the Super Bowl. So super tried, is super honored so to be here and I've never experienced anything like this before in my life, so it's definitely once a lot of time experienced. I'm going to take advantage of and as far as the money is definitely going to go to giving new equipment. You know, first my first person is probably a five minute slid so we can finally get at something us and get some some weights going. So I'm definitely gonna help the program tremendously.
Speaker 3: A five man sled and who knows what they can do. The sky is the limit, Coach, Dyland Smith an inspiring story and a great man and a guy used to tear it up in Santa Monica High Santa Monica CC, so he played his college and his high school games at the same place for a long time until he went to Lawrence and played in Memorial Stadium. Now he's leading the Dolphins into the Palisades. Congratulations on everything, coach, and he enjoyed the Super Bowl and all the honors. You sure deserve it, and so does your staff and your young man. Thanks a lot for doing it.
Speaker 6: So thank you so much. I appreciate I appreciate you guys having me on living on Joe what you've got to do as well. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: All right, protect your neck at those Super Bowl parties, coach.
Speaker 2: Thank you coach. There he goes Dyland Smith. I mean, come on, man, we're talking about the Loin, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's not nothing.
Speaker 2: You know, well Jacksonville, Yeah, that's true. The Super Bowl las in Santa Clara, but they want to make it look like San Francisco, so all the festivities are in the city. We'll be back with another hour a great sports time, Yude