Speaker 1: Yeah, join the Meat, Sauce and millerte at d Michael B's in Alberville tonight from five to seven. Stop by for drink specials. Register for a chance to win a spot in the Vikings Foundation Golf Tournament. Get the full details now at kfan dot com keyword golf.
Speaker 2: Oh going out and he saucy tonight. Let's have some fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah man, thanks, Yeah man, Yeah man.
Speaker 4: So I teased right before we went to break talking to Ben Lieber, my main man over there. The article in the Athletic today from our friend Alec Lewis. He's talking about Jonathan Grene kind of breaks down the entire situation in case you've forgotten.
Speaker 2: And wondering what's going on. He's still in Minnesota, Viking.
Speaker 4: He still wants a bigger contract because you know, his contract, by comparison to other players of his caliber, he's underpaid, no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: But as of right now, no takers. Ben. He mentions two teams in this.
Speaker 4: Article that still might be in play, Philadelphia and Indianapolis, and he speculates, I just you know, I'm kind of putting a little bulls eye on this entire article. Take a second day pick to get Jonathan Garnaard. What do you think, if you had to have a big opinion, what do you think is gonna happen? Will he be a Viking or will he be going?
Speaker 3: I think I think he stays. I think he stays.
Speaker 5: And I'm saying that both from my head and from my heart. I mean, I Drew, I truly think that he is such a key part of this defense. And I understand where he's coming from on the players standpoint. Look at you look at his production, you look at his disruption numbers, and you just watch I mean go out and watch four games when he's healthy. I mean, he's probably the best defensive player on the field. I mean sometimes, depending on who we're playing, he might be the best defensive guy on the field.
Speaker 3: In general.
Speaker 5: He plays the run extremely well. He's so disruptive. I mean, there's so many times where he's getting to the quarterback and there's just a slippage by the quarterback and the getting away and yeah, you'd love to capitalize on those, but those those quarterback hurries, the disruption points. If he is able to capitalize it in this next year on some of those drive bys and bringing the quarterback down all of a sudden, now he's a he's an all pro type of player, and so I understand that he probably wants four or five more million dollars tacked on each year, which I don't think is a huge number. But again, we're really up against the cap, so yeah, we probably don't have a lot of wiggle room because we've kind of pulled all those levers with all the other restructures that we've done, so we are strapped for cash. So it is probably one of those things like how serious are you do you? Are you really really serious that you need four or five million extra dollars which is a lot of money per year to continue playing here. And if he digs his feet in and he he doesn't seem like a guy that's going to be a turt about it. I don't think that if they don't find a trade partner, he's going to come in and be a cancer in the locker room. I just don't think that's his personality. But you do have to weigh how motivated is he going to be and how disgruntled is he going to be if he doesn't get what he wants, And and if I'm the vikings from a business standpoint, I'm not going to give him up for just a fourth rounder. That doesn't make any sense, Like he's he is a second rounder at least. At least I would even take a third rounder. So I think that he is a second round pick at least, And if they don't get that, then I think he stays.
Speaker 6: And a bunch of the teams that are in the top ten of this draft that need edge players, you know, obviously, the Titans, the Arizona Cardinals, and the Jets all pick two, three, four, right, three of those picks will probably be David Bailey, the Reese guy from Ohio State, and then Ruben Bay and the guy from Miami. So they will fill these needs with cheaper, with cheaper maybe younger, younger, cheaper option.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, And you know there's if for any chance that they one of those teams they don't get what they're looking for or whatever, right, maybe they look at this Rvel Reese pro day and they're like, oh boy, you know, like maybe he doesn't have the bender flexibility that we're really looking for.
Speaker 6: It weird, that was very weird side by side picture from him in the Reese guy.
Speaker 3: No, it's like it's like him in Bain.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it would be like me and then John rand are running the same thing.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, back to Baine for a second. I have a random Batman Baine question, please, oh go ahead. Do we overlook Tom Hardy's Bane because it followed Heath Ledger's Joker, Like if Bain in Dark Knight Rises had been in the second movie and then Joker in the third, I wonder if we would have Bain way higher up on our all time like awesome movie villains, because he is awesome. He's great, But it's just.
Speaker 2: That I don't like about Tom right.
Speaker 3: He's fantastic. The voice is awesome, the looks awesome, the jacket right, the mask, the whole thing's great. It's just after Joker. Yeah, and the standard was set so freaking high that I still think Bane's like a nine point three. It's just the Joker was a ten point zero. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. We all agreed, aren't that fun? We all agreed. We did, even though I've never seen the one with Baines.
Speaker 2: Oh really, that's it's great. Been the Joker part two?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Good. Ironically, you're gonna hate the football scene. It's the dumbest scene of the whole movie, but or something. No, it's like halfway through he blows up the field in the middle of a football game, kills a lot of people and kills everybody, but like hinds board, is it Hein's ward, right, Yeah, just keeps running and tries to score, and there is actually somebody trying to tackle him, even though basically a giant sinkholes. Right, Yeah, it's over every all of his teammates are dying, but it's like, I still got to try to make this tackle. Yeah, it's so it's that part's really dumb. And then the way that if if a gunshot shot out in a stadium, the the mass panic for the exits would be astronomical, right, it'd be trampling over each other trying to get out. A bomb went off in the middle of the stadium, the floor falls out, Mark, but everybody calmly stays in their seat, just looks off in horror. But just no, nobody moves, and you go, that's the most unhuman thing. And they hit No one would ever do that.
Speaker 4: They should have thrown a flag or time out at the very least, like somebody.
Speaker 3: So it just it drives me nuts that Christopher Nolan is a genius and a master at his craft and somehow just blew the sports scene like to no end. But but if you throw that aside, like when Bain comes out and starts talking, and then you're captivated again because you're like, man, once he gets on the mike, you're like, all right, I can hang with this speech. I just hate the looks of everybody in the crowd going, man, this is scary.
Speaker 2: Does make Kind's word it is stupid as well?
Speaker 3: It does because he wants to score. Listen, he's a stick in the script. He's doing what we're supposed to do. Or yeah, well said zach Or again, if that is the heart of a champion right in the middle of a major, major catastrophe, all he wants to do is win.
Speaker 5: It's too bad that all of his teammates would be dead though they would be like, oh I.
Speaker 3: Got him on the back and say good job.
Speaker 2: He was one touchdown away from a bonus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean really need it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, is Christopher Nolan? When that did Oppenheimer? Yes, sir, did you listen to the latest Killian Murphy with.
Speaker 3: Nice SmartLess SmartLess? Oh? I heard the first like twenty minutes of it, so I haven't finished it yet.
Speaker 5: It was it was sort of fascinting because I am, I'm back listening to SmartLess and now I'm about in the trail off again because I just it might have been this interview that I just it's so hard to get through because they asked just the stupidest questions sometimes.
Speaker 3: But I know Power Drip Morning, yeah, five point thirty nine on the fan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but Killian was saying something about working with Christopher Nolan. I guess this is very rare that that Christopher Nolan. There's no there's no like cutting room floor. It's like whatever scripted is what.
Speaker 3: Makes it in the movie.
Speaker 5: So he is so meticulous about every scene in all the dialogue before it's even shot that I guess every movie that he does is done early and comes in under budget because it's just like boom, we're doing this scene and we're just done and we just move on and that's going to go in the movie.
Speaker 3: So there's no improving, there's no let's try it these four different ways. It's I have the vision, you're doing, we're doing this, which is also that also makes a lot of sense. And I haven't gotten to that part in smartlest yet, but that makes a lot of sense because he does run the same roster of actors and actresses back a lot because he must have so much faith that they understand his process. Yeah, he works with like the same seven people over and over and over again, which is great. Trust him and Murphy's definitely one of the fantastic Ye Party is one of them.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine the overwhelming amount of things you have to keep track of in order to do a major emotion.
Speaker 5: Being a director of something like that. I just can't even wrap my head around, like all the things you have to juggle at the same Can.
Speaker 2: It be in all of It's got to be in your head the entire time.
Speaker 7: And I think about when I mean, those credits last for what like ten minutes, think about all the different people that need to come together to just make one singular movie.
Speaker 3: I can't wait for for Odyssey. I can't wait to see what he does. It's going to be amazing that the horna and.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's in it.
Speaker 6: Oh, by the way, I just got a d M hell yeah from Kevin Seaffert, responding to yesterday's Hour one podcast called Kevin Seaffert needs Falses, and he wrote three words, what the hell working on it?
Speaker 3: Basically I forgot.
Speaker 2: Yes, sorry Kevin, Yeah, that got a little lot of control. What happened?
Speaker 3: None of it's true, By the way. Kevin has face and.
Speaker 8: Five on the Power Trip, brought to you by the Saint Paul Saints.
Speaker 2: Meg You Saint Paul Saints, March thirty.
Speaker 3: First, here we go.
Speaker 2: Baseball season's heating up.
Speaker 3: All right, let's talk about some things that we haven't talked about at all. Sure, the Wolves had an epic comeback, historically big comeback in overtime. Wow, Tommy Wise old loves it. Twins season opener today. Vegas is getting another Super Bowl. Vegas is getting a basketball team at some point when they officially lock that in. Same thing with Seattle while they were at Florida. Blah blah blah blah. Bahre's some things that we haven't talked about at all. The men's Sweet sixteen back up and running today. First game is at six ten. There's four games today, four games tomorrow, the four tonight Number two Purdue versus Number eleven Texas. Uh. These lines are as of last night. I haven't seen if they've moved, but as of last night, Perdue was a seven and a half point favored on DraftKings at six thirty. Fred Hoiberg's nebrass corn Huskers against number nine Iowa DraftKings has Nebraska as a point and a half favorite at eight forty five. To kick off the second set of games, number one Arizona takes on what is it Darius Acuff Junior? Is that his first name Darius Hawk? Is that right? Acuffs supposed to be the real deal? Arkansas a seven and a half point underdog against the number one seeded Wildcats. And then at nine oh five, Houston is a two versus Illinois a three. Houston on DraftKings a three and a half point favorite. So we have one, two, three, four Big Ten teams playing tonight.
Speaker 2: So we've only lost one one season.
Speaker 3: We lost Florida. That Florida, yep, got stunned by Iowa. Arizona the best team we have left talk okay for sure, but you got freaked out. But they're still in it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're still in it. And they're like six and a half point favorites tomorrow night. And that's Saint John's and then Michigan is a nine and a half point favorite over whoever they go Wild Cougars. Nope, it's not it. Who's your favorite player on the Arizona basketball team?
Speaker 2: Who? Ray Johnson?
Speaker 3: Position? What position? Does he play?
Speaker 2: Center? And guard?
Speaker 3: Oh? Wow? Who?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 3: Mel loves him.
Speaker 6: Name?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Ben?
Speaker 3: Are you familiar with Kansas? Can you imagine if he did? How great would ben? Are you familiar with Bill self? Yeah? He uh is going to retire? Well? Possibly? Right? He is adamantly denying rumors that he's already decided, because he did say a couple of days ago that he's he's thinking about what he wants to do, whether he's going to keep going or retiring. So he's admitted that he is noncommittal. But there has been a couple of reports going he's going to retire. He tweeted somebody or texted somebody yesterday. No news, ALLBS, bad info. So essentially he's saying, I have not made a decision yet, even though retirement it's one of them, but he has not made a decision yet. This is kind of nuts. So two national titles since he took over in two thousand and three at the University of Kansas. At Kansas, he has coached eight hundred and one games, eight oh one. How many do you think he's won? Oh? Good? Quest then goes first, eight hundred and one games. How many games has Bill self won out of eight oh one? Seven hundred and fifty seven?
Speaker 6: Fifty sauce, that's not a bad guess man, seven thirty, Maxo.
Speaker 3: I might be awful on this one.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna go like six eighty five, eighty five.
Speaker 2: Chris, I was gonna say six eighty nine.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna stick with six eighty nine. Zacharyaz he has won seventy nine point two percent of his games. He's six hundred and thirty four games lost, one sixty seven. Yeah, that's that's insane. I mean, that's crazy. Think of how I don't want to say under the radar. The guy's going to be a Hall of fame you know, he's a hall of fame coach. But I'm just saying, you win two national titles, seventy nine point two percent of your games, you win four out of every five, eighty eighty percent of your games. Oh that's good, and it's like that's just the standard at Kansas. Eighty percent that's nuts.
Speaker 6: What's a better job that or North Carolina? If they both are available.
Speaker 3: I would probably argue North Carolina. But I mean those those are both Mount Rushmore esque jobs. Yeah, I don't need Hawk's opinion. He texted me last night and he said Kansas or he said North Carolina. Doesn't have a full answer.
Speaker 2: Yet answer, I'll do some research.
Speaker 5: I would think if I'm a coach, I think the better job is Kansas. You could argue that for sure, just just because you don't have Duke being next door to you.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, you know, yeah, you if you if you get hired at Kansas, you wouldn't be worried about Kansas. Well that's the thing.
Speaker 5: Like, we thought we had a coach and then they fired him halfway through the season for reasons unknown.
Speaker 3: So we're kind of starting to scratch.
Speaker 5: And we've never been a basketball I mean, it's been fifty years since we've been a good basketball school.
Speaker 3: You had Michael Beasley for a second, remember him? Yeah? Oh yeah, that was fun. I forgot that. We had Mitch Richmond. I go, oh yeah, Mitch Richmond. It's about it part of run tmco Dusty mondy Mon, Yeah, all right, headlines from the powers. You wanted your returns after this with Ben Leeber on the Fan.
Speaker 1: Never met, never missed your chance to know what the latest sports news is in town, chances to win tickets, and knowing what is going on with all your Cafan shows. Follow Cafan one zero zero three in all of our social channels on Instagram, TikTok nx, now stay connected and follow the sports leader Caffan.
Speaker 4: Thank you, zacch Hey, Ben, you're not always asking for stories and stuff, but I got something for you to make sure you guys don't forget about on your show today. Okay, I think you guys should do a major breakdown. It was on this date in nineteen ninety seven the Heaven's Gate cult members were found dead.
Speaker 2: I think there'd be a yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that'd be a great opener. Yeah yeah, it really.
Speaker 2: Deep investigation.
Speaker 3: What's that bit that you guys do, the throwback bit where you guys talk about things from the past. What does that called? That segment again, like you were talking about like the old mall yeah yeah, troll yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: We basically yeah, whatever happened to yeah, whatever happened to you just just go hey, whatever happened to that Heaven's.
Speaker 3: Gate called where's Old Marshier?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Marshi, Yeah, he's all the Frenchman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he's probably. Oh god, can you imagine if Max So if the twist at the end of Project Tail Mary had been like they run into the Heaven's Gate two ships. I know you hear? Did Marshall go, we shouldn't have cut off our chests? Right? The final word, the last line in the script is going going, well, I'll be damn they were.
Speaker 9: They were right, and nobody's steering the ship right because they're just like riding that meteor.
Speaker 3: They're just riding the exactly the comment. They're just riding it.
Speaker 5: They're like the Goons and Superman where they're on the piece of glass trap.
Speaker 9: Trap traft just waving my Tommy, and Marshall just sticks one foot up in the air to.
Speaker 3: Flash his nikes one last time to troll dating these kicks, baby noose. What was the white nikes? What were they they? I think? So? Yeah, I remember the saying white same style.
Speaker 2: Seeing the video of people going in and finding him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're overdue for a good colt man. The nineties were great for colts.
Speaker 6: What was their They believe that like the world's going to end, so they needed to like see was it the Hailbob bit.
Speaker 4: A music professor Marshall Applewhite, after serving near death experience and surviving in nineteen seventy two. Near death experience, was recruited as a cult by one of his nurses, Bonnie Blue Nettles. Nineteen seventy five, apple White and Nettles persuaded a group of twenty people from Oregon to abandon their families and possessions and moved to eastern Colorado, where they promised that an extraterrestrial aircraft would.
Speaker 2: Take them to the Kingdom of Heaven.
Speaker 4: Let's see appleoy too, I explained the human bodies were merely containers that could abandon. They could abandon in favor of higher physical existence. As the spacecraft spacecraft never arrived, membership and Heaven's get diminished. So he refocused on hailbob.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why you do castration is it's your physical form is irrelevant. You just got to you know again, if you're if you want to take the train to Chicago, you got to go down to Amtrak, right, Yeah. Marshall apple White and Hailbop. They're just like, well, that's just the stop to a higher plane of existence. Is if we want to catch this train, we need to be ready when Hailbop swings by Earth. That part kind of.
Speaker 4: Makes sense to me though, because listen, just stay with me for a minute. Listen, listen for a minute. Please stay with me. But use this on your show.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah, takenes.
Speaker 4: If if you know, uh Dave number eight La La the alien, the super smart guy meets me and he's like, we'd like to take you along in our spacecraft, but we've scanned your thoughts. We're gonna need to lop that thing off because you are scatterbrained because of your wayne.
Speaker 3: Your a liability, don't forget your waner, right, you got to.
Speaker 2: Get rid of that thing. But then you're it's gonna be bliss on you.
Speaker 3: And then they castridge. You go, oh, you already did it.
Speaker 4: You gotta know the secrets of the universe, buddy, just got to lot that thing off.
Speaker 3: It's a lot like when Costanza gave up sex in Seinfeld. Yes, and he did all of a sudden the genius and he realizes what absolute zero is. These aliens are like, we need you dumb humans to be focused, which means let's do castration. Let's get you all in the same shoes, same outfits, same haircut. Let's just make you all the same, and then we can just focus on the higher plane of existence and the rest of Baby Goose sees us and waves.
Speaker 2: And he waves.
Speaker 4: I mean, I look at him, and I know the secrets of the universe, but I'm still sad.
Speaker 3: Because you still missing. You don't have the parts to help you. Yeah, are you?
Speaker 5: Are you busy this afternoon? Can you just stop by and you can just join us to talk about it. You seem to like sort to be the expert.
Speaker 2: Can we webcast I'm tired?
Speaker 5: Yeah, sure, sure, sure, Yeah we consume in Yeah.
Speaker 3: Web All right, let's do this now, it's time for alright, Ben, it is. It is official. We talked about it briefly yesterday, but the ace Ventura butt birth Rhino did sell for right around sixty thousand dollars sixty.
Speaker 6: Hey, it's a lot. That's a lot, bills, Yeah, bills. I think it was Bill's inform.
Speaker 5: They should take the care to Tommy's party and everybody gets to slide out of the rhinos.
Speaker 3: Hey gang, who's there? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hang, get out of there.
Speaker 3: Speaking of movies, this is this is very polarizing online for two reasons. Politically is one, but just rings uh. Lord of the Rings nerds are uniting as well. Stephen Colbert is going to write the new Lord of the Rings movie when he's done with Late night TV. He is a huge Lord of the Rings fan. That's He's made that clear for a long long time. So when they announced this, obviously if you don't like him politically, a lot of people like this sucks. But there's like there's a division even amongst Lord of the Rings nerds going like, are we sure this is the best possible idea? So he is kind of like a Lord of the Rings expert, like he's he's super knowledgeable. I'm sure if you did like a trivia night, like if you know, you go our trivia and boom there's a Lord of the Rings. My guess is Colbert would crush it. But people aren't super thrilled about this idea that he's going to write the next one. It doesn't seem like it fits. It doesn't And I'm a huge fan of his but I don't I don't think it makes a lot of sense either. But let's see what he does.
Speaker 2: I don't play some audio real quick.
Speaker 4: Sure, and remember, by the way, if the one caveat is he's not doing a Loane Peter Jackson, he won't do.
Speaker 2: A bad movie, you know what I mean?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That'd so hey, you go. This is Stephen and Peter Jackson.
Speaker 8: I started talking over with my son Peter, who's also a screenwriter. We worked out what we thought would work, especially as a framing device for that story. It took me a few years to scrape my courage into a pile to give you a call, But about two years ago I did you liked it enough to talk to me about it, And ever since then the two of us have been working with the brilliant Philip of Boyans on how to develop the story.
Speaker 3: And so that's what we're going to be working on in testing. Now. Are you sure you've got the time? Though? Because you know that I did not think I would have the time.
Speaker 8: As much as I love it, I knew I couldn't do that and the show at the same time. But it turns out I'm going to be free starting this summer.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe who knows. Again, who knows. Let's see how this first one in this next trilogy even works out right, to be honest with you, because the Hobbit ones are better than people think, but they still are pretty flawed. Like again, I rewatched him when I watch him with my kiddo because she like the first Lord of the Rings enough that we went through the Hobbit trilogy again, like Smog kicks ass. There's some cool things in it, but there's still a lot of CGI that you roll your eyes at and it gets a little ridiculous.
Speaker 5: I think the thing that I that I forget, I'm assuming a lot of other people out there forget, is until you hear that clip, you don't realize all the work that's been put in already, right, you know, like they like, you know, Jackson's is not making like a flippant decision like oh, I mean, he seems like a smart one probably, you know, look at his writing history and comedy.
Speaker 3: He can do this, you know, script or at least an idea for a.
Speaker 5: Script you're working on, Like you said, the framework of something for years and years and years and it passes a smell test for Peter Jackson. So he's like, all right, we'll kick this can and see what happens.
Speaker 6: And as Hawk said, Peter Jackson doesn't make a bad movie like the two thousand and five film Hawk, King Kong.
Speaker 3: Great film, That's what I'm saying. It's so bad he can just that's his best movie, right Hawk, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean yeah, it's so good, I'll never forget it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, PEPSI maybe discontinuing about twenty different snacks if they own, including cheetos cheese puffs. Oh man, those are great. I love those things. Yes, yeah, Lay's sweet and spicy honey, there's so lod I didn't even know they had those.
Speaker 2: They're really good.
Speaker 3: And they said, like crazy it says they may be discontinuing these, so maybe maybe public outcry will save some of these. Who knows, Lay's slightly salted barbecue, Lay's baked salt and vinegar. And then two crazy right too, yeah, bake baked barbecued Lays are again outside has just Doritos are my all time favorite ship but they're amazing. And then apparently there's two funion flavors that are on the on the shopping chopping block as well. Yeah, yeah, what a great what's a marketing scheme, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like you're gonna like put corrects to the gallows and just cut them out and then you see which one of the public outcry gets the most attention, like, oh, we'll keep that one. Yeah, keep that one, and then it sells like hotcakes. Or you could just bring it back like two years from now. People will freak out like the micrib every time. They're like, it's the last time. We're never going to do it again.
Speaker 3: In the last time for thirty years. Yeah, a Jet Blue flight turned around and had to report to a return to the airport after it hit a coyote.
Speaker 10: See no, like I took a minute, so just please let me play this.
Speaker 2: I took some time to put this together.
Speaker 4: Oh oh man, I actual audio.
Speaker 7: Wow, I don't know they had music plane road Runner was there? Yeah, good for him.
Speaker 2: That was the horn on the plane.
Speaker 3: Sauce. What's coyote's middle initial? Why while E coyote? What's the middle initial? Is it E? Got it? Yeah? SAMD for anything? Or is it just E.
Speaker 6: J.
Speaker 3: Simpsons?
Speaker 2: He talks, he says it, you guys, remember the.
Speaker 3: Yeah he does. Is it like Einstein or something? Because like this is it some reference.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Enrique, it could be.
Speaker 3: It's bird man. Uh Ben, Before you go, I wanted your take on this. Have you seen the A couple of days ago, United Airlines announce that they are going to have United lax rows. Have you seen pictures of this set? Google this quickly. This is a This is actually pretty pumped about this. So you can book an entire row of three seats. That'll be cheap, and they'll have adjustable leg rests that can be raised up. So basically you can convert a row of three into a bed. So it's not gonna be every row. It would be like twelve rows per flight. We'll have the ability to do that, so it's not just like, well you could just be I'm super rich, I want all three I want to I want to nap. Or what they showed on the photos on social media is you could buy the three seats essentially, right, it's like a parent and two kids and essentially you could have your two kids nap on the bed. Yeah, it's a futon. Basically, it's like a pullout couch, but it's a row of seats. And if this works, what social media's reaction was is every airline is going to have to figure out if they do some kind of modification that's similar to this. No word on exactly how much it's going to cost yet, And they don't know if they're going to make these seats available individually or if you're going to have to sell them as a unit, because obviously, how do you do that if you sell If you sell one seat but not the other two, then no one can flip it into a bed. Right, It's got to either be all enough. It's for families, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: Don't snuggling with strength.
Speaker 3: Right. So they're going to release more details later this year and how much it's going to cost and how the booking is going to work. But they're going to roll us out.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, ma'am.
Speaker 3: I think it's worth the shot. You're gonna be a big little by the way by twenty thirty as well. So it's going to be equipped on more than two hundred of their planes by the year twenty thirty.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's yeah, it'd be great for somebody like us for the you know, a two year old when we Yeah.
Speaker 3: We would have done it when we are at young kids for sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and yeah, Louie and I would nap and my wife would have some piece and quiet for once in her life.
Speaker 4: It says can be booked by a solo or duo, comes with several special amenities, a custom fitted mattress, plush blanket, and two extra pillows.
Speaker 3: Oh perfect pillows.
Speaker 5: Yeah, although although the flight to Chicago's too short for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, all right, love you guys got.
Speaker 2: To go your buddies.
Speaker 3: All right for a full Heaven's Gate breakdown. Twin City's live at three o'clock today, So if you want to see Elizabeth Ree breakdown castration, she'll break that down around three to zero one.
Speaker 6: Yep, wow, I'll do as yet, but but via webcast.
Speaker 3: Yep? Uh, Hawk have you seen I'm asking you specifically because I know you're the biggest fan here. Probably have you seen the new Harry Potter trailer for the HBO series. I have not, because it's out. A trailer is out. I saw yesterday, and I don't know, Doug, it feels kind of bootleg. Can I ask an uneducated question? I bet you can. All my questions are uneducated. Is it like a prequel?
Speaker 7: Is it like they're just redoing that, They're just redoing the whole thing yeah, I think in real time, like with the kids. So it doesn't end up like the Harry Potter movies did, were Daniel Radcliffe was like forty with a mortgage by the end of the movie.
Speaker 4: Okay, so yeah that Yeah. I don't know why, but it seems it seems too soon to completely reboot the series, you know what I.
Speaker 3: Mean, which isnt because when did the first movie come out? Two thousand and ninety nine, two thousand, I mean early, so it's we're talking twenty plus years. But it does seem like it wasn't that long ago two thousand and one. Yep, so twenty five years.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at the trailer right now. It's the same movie, just with different people.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, huh interesting.
Speaker 3: Well again it's HBO these movies, it's HBO. How often is HBO screw like this?
Speaker 2: Up man and I yeah, I'll definitely watch it.
Speaker 3: I just want to know what's going to make it different.
Speaker 7: Like you said, it's just like you don't want to change the source material.
Speaker 2: Oh that's the dude from Simon Pegg's movies is playing hagridden.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, did you know the first one grossed over nine nine and seventy four million dollars worldwide.
Speaker 2: Seventy four million. That was just me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you went to that movie.
Speaker 4: Sometimes, we went to every one of them's midnight screenings, Alex and yet that's awesome that I'll never forget it.
Speaker 3: Man, Yeah, I just started.
Speaker 7: I had never seen any of them, never read any of the books, and me and my daughter watched all of them last year.
Speaker 3: And it's just such a it's such a cool.
Speaker 7: Bonding experience with their Kidoh you know, now she's like obsessed with it.
Speaker 4: Those bells will always remind me of Christmas because they came out of Christmas.
Speaker 2: Ding ding ding.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maxwell. Also, it's like, I feel like the last ten years of Stranger Things has also reminded big time studios like HBO's production team saying, can we build a universe where the entire family can watch a series right the next five or six or seven years, because that's not not just Game of Thrones, but what else can we do?
Speaker 7: Kids don't have a lot of shows these days, like especially you know, I mean like kids, kids do like children, but like the teenagers, the preteens, they don't really have a lot of things going on. They kind of transition right into the adult stuff these days. Like back in the day, there were so many teen movies, teen shows, so there's not a whole lot of things that you can enjoy with the whole family.
Speaker 3: Wednesday and stranger things. If you give that kind of like nine to thirteen year old group a good show, they're all gonna watch it, right, So maybe that's what is swinging for here. It's a little A column, A little a column.
Speaker 10: Bee.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I've never seen the movies either. I've seen most of the first one. Yeah, the movies, watching all of them are Harry is a jerk though, Yeah, he's kind of a jerky.
Speaker 4: I bet when you when this comes on, if you watch it with your daughter, I think you'll you'll have respect for the story.
Speaker 3: It's a really good song. It is a good story. Books are outstanding, h They're very good. Who run them to you? Uh? Funny enough, hogs Daddy? I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is my first shot.
Speaker 6: When I first met my dad, my dad was like, I'll sleep with you, but you got my kid to learn to read. I'm betting three months mortgage at the first two people that book the United Relax row or Chris Hockey and Meat sauce and you guys are going to spoon all the way to last night.
Speaker 3: Guess what we'll do every time we fly together?
Speaker 6: Cry cried do it for fighters documentary before the plane again?
Speaker 3: Yeah, are you too? Okay? Yeah, we're just emotional again. Add this to the list, Chris, This seems to be the theme this week of things that you're kind of afraid of that keep popping up in the news. Yeah, you've always like getting buried alive or having somebody think that you're dead but you're not dead. You mentioned stuff like that, right, I can't check this story out. This is nuts. I have so many questions, but I just have a headline. That's how this is a whole bit started. A handful of years ago, a fifty year old woman in India who had been declared brain dead regained consciousness when the ambulance that was carrying her hit a super big pothole.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable. Oh my, so it's like punching the pop machine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's going on there, she's brain dead? We got nothing more.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable.
Speaker 3: They're driving around, they're driving along, driving along, hit a giant pothole, probably pops through up in the air. Like the end of a game of perfection and all of a sudden and she regains consciousness. That was a fun game you ever actually completed. I mean, you don't have to play on it. I'm just saying, it's attention to detail, it's stress. We've seen you play Papa shot. I can't imagine you were good at perfection, but please you love Papa. By the way, sauce here, this is the story that I was asking about earlier. Thing from Wednesday did not actually throw out the first pitch, even though everybody was promoting that they were going to. It was actually former Giants managers Bruce Bochi and Dusty Baker, but an animatronic thing did make an infield appearance on a skateboard. What Yeah, the throwout the first pitch, lazy.
Speaker 6: Bub That's why I turned it on. I wanted to see if that was happening. It was a little I know, you know Bert Kreischer for the second time reference today.
Speaker 3: He came out and was like, we've been waiting for this all winter long. I know we haven't.
Speaker 4: I just got a text from somebody associated the show wants to know more about the animatronic thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's from Hawk, Chrissy.
Speaker 4: Oh it wasn't me, it's you.
Speaker 3: You'd love it. Sublime is going to release their first album in nearly thirty years, and it will be with Bradley Noel's son Jacob as the front Man's sweet he's obviously been touring with him for the last handful of years and the guy's got rock star aura. But when it is a NEPO baby in the truest form, you're like, well, is he a rock star or is he just playing the part? Who knows? He seems to be a decent singer and he's trying to do the best he can to sound like his dad. But isn't that what Sublime fans want? I don't know.
Speaker 6: This is a want to answer a question, Hawk, and you might know the answer. Does his mom, Bradley's widow, own part of that band?
Speaker 4: I would guess yeah, And I'm sure that I don't know how he divided it up or if he didn't had a will or anything like that. I didn't even know he was married, to be honest with you, so but yeah, it's uh deviated down to whomever owns the rights of the publishing. And I know he wrote the songs so man, and that even if he didn't, even if he didn't take soul ownership, it's only three people, and they sold a lot of records.
Speaker 2: Man back when they sell records.
Speaker 4: But you know what, Corey, there's so many bands out there, Like people love going to see.
Speaker 2: Journey, and that dude isn't related to Steve Perry at all. He still kills me.
Speaker 4: If he sounds at all like his dad, awesome, And even if he doesn't, it's cool, go do it.
Speaker 2: I love those songs. I'm there to hear the songs, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and the two original guys are there, but Eric are still part of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But like if I like if Blind Melon's song fully cited Melon just so it's like the lead singer of Blind Mellon for the next handfleet is, you'd be like, I don't know, do we really need this again? But I don't know. But if it works, it works, it works. Yeah. But would you let me ask a weird question. Would you rather have him do his best Bradley Nole impression or just hope that he has a completely unique voice and he just happens to be Bradley Knowle's song.
Speaker 4: I think it is a well, it's different than it's a sun question. But I think it's a major mistake when a band hires a guy like I. I'm one of my favorite eighties bands. They hired a dude to be the singer after the original singer quit and he couldn't sing the hits.
Speaker 2: He couldn't hit the range.
Speaker 4: He didn't have the range, And I thought that was the dumbest thing ever because these were giant hits, right, And I know you want to do new music with this guy and you like his voice, that's cool, but you gotta have somebody.
Speaker 2: That can sing the hits.
Speaker 3: What band was it?
Speaker 2: Skid row?
Speaker 4: I under said the first guy that they hired after Sebastian couldn't sing.
Speaker 2: I remember you in eighteen In life, it's like whit what?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want him to be able to sing other stuff too good for him, But you got to be able to nail those songs.
Speaker 3: If you're starting a new band with a new name and you just want to keep going and you find a new singer, sure, but if you're going to be essentially a greatest hits band, right, there's some truth to that. Yeah, you are right. Yeah it is weird again, I know you've seen sauce. You've seen the videos of Jacob singing. Yeah right, it's I mean, he's a lot like his dad.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's a stun too. They I mean they played Coachella, not like side stage, they played main stage Coachella.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine it.
Speaker 4: I wonder what that band, what that gentleman had in him. I know, I wonder what he had in him because that record, Oh, oh my god.
Speaker 3: What he died before it came out, didn't he? Isn't that the.
Speaker 2: Sublime part of the twenty seven club.
Speaker 3: It's got to be very close. It'll be very close. It's sad, man.
Speaker 6: The documentary they had on v H one about it is so sad.
Speaker 2: They were so cool, that aura of that whole band.
Speaker 4: Dude play smoking a cigar on stage while playing the bass all the time.
Speaker 3: They were just so cool. Twenty eight The dog on the stage man.
Speaker 6: The picture of Bradley and holding his son and lou dog next to him.
Speaker 3: Is a I know man Again. I was in high school and Sublime was gigantic, and you know how many you know how many bonfire boozing parties I sat at where Sublime was essentially the soundtrack.
Speaker 2: Sublime for Somebody to carresh.
Speaker 3: You down, And no they didn't.
Speaker 6: I was a bad fish too, Give you that g I Joe, Kung Fu Grim Help. Yeah, it's Man Theirs, their self titled album that has all the hits on it. There's not a skip on that album. Every song is good and it's like eighteen songs.
Speaker 2: It's a feeling that is a feeling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to listen to that today. It's so good, dude. And you know what's crazy about their success is, I know Ska had a thing, but Sublime wasn't Ska. No Right, Sublime was like reggae alternative. I don't even know what you want to call sublime. Right.
Speaker 2: He had something to say?
Speaker 3: Yeah he did, Yeah, great singer super Like you said, vibe is the best way to describe what they were. They were. What's crazy is I can't even really think of another band that found any semblance of success right after them that tried to do what they did, you know what I mean? It was like they had their own little vacuum of like, Wow, this band's got something new and cool and fresh. And then when Bradley Noel died and Sublime kind of faded. There wasn't like another wave of bands that tried to do what they did. I'm sure they did, but I can't think of any of them that found mainstream success and at all. Yeah, I mean, am I missing somebody? No?
Speaker 2: I really can't think.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 7: I feel like it's such a tight rope act that you have to it has to be authentic, otherwise it's never gonna work. It's gonna come off as so campy, cheesy, like get these guys out of here. But it's really like Hawks said, they had something to say, it came from That's who they are. They weren't trying to impersonate a sound. That's the sound they wanted to make.
Speaker 4: He didn't, Yeah, he he didn't. He didn't do it on purpose. That's just who he was, right, Those songs are him. Yeah, that's crazy man.
Speaker 6: That was a moment. I mean, they would is it k Rock? Is that the band? They would hold these like parties in the middle. It was just sweet that there's a few documentaries on them. It's outstanding.
Speaker 4: That's the other thing about that record. In those songs is I could be in uh Russia and it's snowing and that sounds like California. Yes, you are correct, that sounds like a California party on a sunny night.
Speaker 2: So free and you're happy and you're with friends.
Speaker 3: It's perfect summer music. It's so good in Max, you know how you say, like anytime Lose Yourself comes on, like every white person in the rooms like, oh yeah, I feel like Santa Ria is the same thing you want to see, like you know, ninety like middle aged white guys get super pumpicked. Those first couple of notes of Santa Ria hit and everybody wants to do karaoke. They want to hit every like that song. Is it just an absolute banger? Yes, Sadfish is my favorite.
Speaker 4: But they're all great because you're not going to be able to hear it because everybody's gonna be saying, yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: God, it's a music man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sublime kicks ass. I'm definitely gonna check it out. I don't know if I'm excited for it, because I'm more skeptical than excited. But hope they find some semblance of what they had in thirty years ago. Shot, they don't tour with your band three eleven, I'm sure they have in the past. Like, yeah, back in the nineties. I'm sure they had crossover stuff at some point.
Speaker 2: It was just a great record.
Speaker 3: It'd be awesome, be awesome, Yeah, it'd be great. Adam Feeling tomorrow on the Power Trip Morning Chill around eight o'clock. Feeling makes it. I believe fifth appearance is what Power Trip Initials said on Twitter. I think it's fourth, sorry, fifth time playing initials And what do we got? One hundred and twelve thousand, five hundred dollars with the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union Initials jackpot tomorrow, So that's a massive number. It'll be good to see Feeling for the first time in a long time. So Feeling tomorrow around eight, Marni will be here. We'll talk to mister Z the whole you know, the whole crew should be in effect tomorrow five thirty to nine. All right, nine to noon is next. Everybody have a good day. See tomorrow morning.
Speaker 4: Ay ready handle right it for day lad Music Room and Saint Michael tonight to that uses f