Speaker 1: It is Katie WB Give to the Max Day. I hope you've given to something, and there's actually a website you can go to make other donations. But and Bailey had that earlier. I'll give you a chance to find it if you don't have it in.
Speaker 2: Front of you, like the website to donate to anyone'd easy give to the Max Day. So it is givemn dot org and it'll show right on the front page.
Speaker 3: Give to the Max Day.
Speaker 2: You can give to any nonprofit charities and we're just doing it for a Christmas wish that you can donate on katiewb dot com slash wish.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give a couple of shout outs to people who have donated. Here's one. Claire and Olive just donated twenty five dollars a Christmas wish. Shout out to my friends Patty and Scott. They just donated one hundred and fifty dollars. I just donated thirty dollars, says this text Carrie from Green Bay. Because I've been listening for thirty years and we suggested a dollar for every year you've been listening. Shout out to all of you on the morning show. You guys are amazing, make my day every day. I love that you do this. You guys are and make such a difference in people's lives. And thank you and happy holidays to you and everybody carry in Green Bay. And there's some other ones too. Here's one. I submitted my wish yesterday. I did it for my best friend who could really use a hand lately. She works so hard and puts everyone before herself. I really hope you guys pick her and love your show. And forty one been listening since elementary school. Wow, warm holiday wishes to you from Michelle. If you want to donate, you can do that online katiwb dot com, slash wish. Are we doing a game here? You got cards in front of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah? After I think when we come back, we're playing Mind the Gap.
Speaker 1: Oh we are. We're gonna take a break, we'll come back. We'll play a little game because we love games. Coming up next on katiew be take a minute and donate if you can. I know, you get a lot of stuff going on and you're just like me. Yeah, I will and a minute. I will in a minute. I gotta finish this game. I gotta finish scrolling first. I gotta finish this email. I get it, but try to donate because it slips your mind so quickly and then you forget. So KDWB dot com slash wish. After you do, send me a text with your name, and if you want to mention the amount that you donated, I'll give you a shout out.
Speaker 3: Dave Ryan Show on kd w B.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I know it's unusual to smoke a turkey in the hallway at your workplace, but I've got a little countertop turkey smoker, meat smoker, whatever smoker and it turned out probably the best ever.
Speaker 3: I can hear it like rolling around in your gobrain.
Speaker 1: Oh God is so good.
Speaker 2: You just ate it just like by itself too. I bought all of these Hawaiian roles for what.
Speaker 4: Can't do carbs, Bailey, I'm not doing carbs anymore. Oh you're just eating the turkey just by itself.
Speaker 1: Carbs and Fiberyapa. A little game here. We're gonna play a game called Mind the Gap, and this was this might be the last time we play it because we've been doing this game and sometimes you get to change things out, So this could be the swan song for Mind that Gap. Mind the gap, but it's a generation gap game. Basically, I try to answer questions about one generation and Vonn tries to answer questions about another generation, and then you get to play along too. But this could be the swan song of this game, and will place it ste We'll put something else in there.
Speaker 2: So Dave, you're going to be answering questions from the Boomer generation since it's one removed on the later side for you, and then Vant you're answering for the millennial since it's one removed from yours.
Speaker 3: Okay, David, you'll go first.
Speaker 2: Your question is popular on stage, screen, and radio for thirty years.
Speaker 3: These siblings starred in comedies such as.
Speaker 4: Duck Soup, Oh, The Marx Brothers. Yeah, yes, job, I would have said Zach and Cody funny. The Marx Brothers are hilarious.
Speaker 2: Okay, vont what famous meme had a cat playing a musical instrument?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Wow, am my name like saying the meme?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What's the meme called? Was it on Vine? You know Vine? Coming back?
Speaker 1: I heard that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're calling it Dvine. I don't know why. I don't know the answer.
Speaker 2: You don't know what it's keyboard cat keyboard cat with Yeah, I seen that it's playing the playing the keyboard, okay, David. One of the longest running shows in TV history, This Western was led by Marshall Matt Dillon.
Speaker 4: Gun Smoke, gun Smoke is correct.
Speaker 3: Never seen it sounds good? Okay, okay?
Speaker 1: Fine.
Speaker 2: Rivers Cuomo was the lead vocalist for this band with six self titled albums simply identified by color.
Speaker 3: Repeat it one more time.
Speaker 2: Riversmo was the lead vocalist for this band with six self titled albums simply identified by the color.
Speaker 5: Would that be uh, Bruce Springs the band? Yeah, the Bruce Springsteen. And what would they called? Bruce Springsteen and the Bruce Springsteen seven? You're the worst, Dave Weezer.
Speaker 2: Weezer is correct? Yea terrible literally named the person who is the lead vocalist. Why would it be Bruce Springsteen? Like Dave said the last time? We're playing this game?
Speaker 3: Okay, David.
Speaker 2: What artist was known as a leader in the abstract expressionist movement, most famous for his action paintings that involved drips and splashes.
Speaker 1: Vincent von go no vont.
Speaker 2: Do you know? Uh?
Speaker 5: Sorry, I was eating some turkey. This is really good Dave, do you have repeat it one more time? No, it's Jackson Pollock. It's a long one.
Speaker 2: No no, no, all right, vot what Saturday Morning cartoon featured characters named Brainy, Clumsy, Grouchy, hefty, and Gargamel.
Speaker 3: That would be go Gargamel. Wait, that's a clue. That's a clue.
Speaker 5: No added and Eddie No now, Benten no, no.
Speaker 3: Fraggle Rock No, Dave, do you know Brainy acts? What's the Smurfs?
Speaker 1: Oh? Happy to say I never watched a single episode of the Smurf What do you mean?
Speaker 3: Okay, David.
Speaker 2: This spiritualistic toy was invented by the son of a medium.
Speaker 1: Spiritualistic toy? Yeah, magic eight ball?
Speaker 3: Yes, the magic eight ball. I realize that it was invented by the son.
Speaker 1: Of a media no idea.
Speaker 3: Wow? Why the magic eight ball was like the O G chat GBT.
Speaker 5: You would go to the eight ball to be like, will my crush say yes if I ask you to prom shakes check shake, chick shake, and the ball would say.
Speaker 3: Points to know it's likely. Yeah, exactly, okay, Vron.
Speaker 2: This theme park became the fourth to open as part of the Walt Disney World complex in nineteen ninety eight. Uh, Epcot, No.
Speaker 1: David, okay, Tokyo Disneyland. No what Animal Kingdom?
Speaker 2: Animal Kingdom it is? Okay, Animal Kingdom? Okay David?
Speaker 1: Yeah what.
Speaker 2: Early sixties teen Idol had hits with take Good Care of My Baby and rubber Ball.
Speaker 1: Bobby Darren close, Chubby Checker.
Speaker 2: No, your mom, It was my mom, right, Corre No Bobby v of course, of course, of course. All right, you guys are fun today.
Speaker 3: VOT we're over this game.
Speaker 2: You're like, okay, V and I'll give you one more von please okay. Calvin Broadus Junior was a laid back wrapper who had a perchant for wizzle.
Speaker 5: What's his stage name? Calvin Broadus is and you're sitting it wrong. I'm pretty sure it's Brods, but.
Speaker 3: That's not all right? Yeah it is Snoop Dogg. You ended on one that you actually knew. Congratulations, Okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. Somebody asked, what kind the text? What kind of countertop smoker do you have? It is? I love saying it. I bought it on hommkershlimmer dot com. Just look up Hommocker Slimmer and then guy countertop smoker. It looks like a crockpot. And I came in and effortlessly, starting at about six thirty this morning, smoked the turkey. And now it is here for all of us to enjoy.
Speaker 3: And I can smell it all morning.
Speaker 2: And these two goobers are the only two that's gotten to eat anything.
Speaker 1: Well, go out there, you goober, it's in the hallway. Dave Start coming up next KDWB. A lot of the time when you're on the iHeartRadio app, it tells you the name of the song that you're listening to, and even on your car radio tells you the name of the song you're listening to. But if you didn't catch that, it is tit for tat new Ish Tate McCrae, like like not just out last night, but new Ish Cray.
Speaker 3: I like that song there she knows Okay, who was it?
Speaker 1: Kevin? No, Kevin had a song out earlier, Yes, and what's it called again? It's a changing It is so good, but it is actually pretty good. So while you'll probably hear that more here on KADW B, let's do Dave shirt, hot.
Speaker 3: Topics and breaking news every hour on Dave Start.
Speaker 1: On kad W b found this really interesting. Back in the nineties, there was a woman who was an exercise guru. Her name was Susan Powder p O W t e R. And she was very, very heavy, and she said one time I said I'd had enough. I got up and I said, and I'm gonna walk to the end of my blocking back. And so she did. And then she lost all this weight and she became a fitness guru and now she's talking about there's a documentary how she went from three hundred million dollars to welfare and driving for Uber Eats. I don't know what happened to her, but Jamie Lee Curtis is making a documentary.
Speaker 3: I think he said, do you remember Susan Potter? And I was like, stop the incenta.
Speaker 4: Susan Powter was a queen of the influmational original wellness influencer.
Speaker 1: Susan was inescapable in the early nineties. She was a bonafide celebrity.
Speaker 3: This is what is that why she disappeared. I never said show me the damn bank balance. I should have.
Speaker 1: You are walking back from having spent the whole day in a welfare offense, and.
Speaker 3: You're walking back to the welfare weekly that.
Speaker 2: You live in.
Speaker 3: Hey, this is Susan with Uber Eats. It's this tsunami of what was, what happened?
Speaker 6: The truth?
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna blow oh the roof off this time.
Speaker 1: That's so interesting that. I mean, you talk about a rags to riches to rag story, right, that is crazy because is as big as a celebrity. Yeah, I mean she was not like you know, Oprah Tom Cruise big, but she was about as big of a household name as you could know back in the mid nineties or so.
Speaker 2: Billboard has chosen the fifty best rock bands of all time. And I'll tell you the top five. Okay, number five. Each one goes, oh my gosh, great. Number five is Queen. That's number five. Okay, that's number five. Number four is Pink Floyd Nice.
Speaker 3: Number three Led Zeppelin.
Speaker 2: Number two is the Rolling Stones, And.
Speaker 3: Dave, you're gonna tell me who's number one, Well.
Speaker 1: There's really no question it is, of course, the Beatles.
Speaker 3: You're right, game.
Speaker 1: It's so funny because I love the Beatles so much. I'm just like enamored with them. And there's just amazing creativity and just all the different things, innovations and some people are like, the Beetles suck, and I'm like, that's like saying that chocolate ice cream sucks. Yeah, how can you not just the melodies and the creativity and the stories. I mean, how can you listen to Let It Be and go, yeah, that song sucks. I don't like it.
Speaker 3: That's me.
Speaker 5: I'm just not getting the car and turning on the Beetles, maybe because I missed the generation.
Speaker 1: And because it was a few generations ago and that could have something.
Speaker 2: And actually, like, looking at this list, I want to know what's like the best rock band of our time, like contemporarily now, because it seems like we Girvana and Radiohead is the most recent on this list that I'm scrolling.
Speaker 1: Well, there's not a lot of rock bands now that are super prominent. I mean, there's the Foo Fighters.
Speaker 3: Right well, Paramore is on this list, though they're more like pop.
Speaker 1: Rock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I see.
Speaker 2: I feel like there is plenty of rock music, they're just not the ones that are, you know, sweeping the radio stations unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's just it's just kind of a genre that's it was so new and so fresh and so dangerous when it first came out for like twenty thirty years and now it's what your mom and dad listened to. Yeah, so trust me, your mom and dad don't listen to dangerous music. And a lot of the time that's what younger people love to listen to is stuff that mom and dad are like.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: That certainly no fleet would mark.
Speaker 3: Here is Olivia Munn telling you why you should not try eating sushi next to the tub.
Speaker 6: I put the sushi next to the bathtub, and then I had the bath going, and then I got, you know, busy, and then I came back and I was in the bath and I started eating this Yes, from the bath.
Speaker 5: She apparently claims she got food poisoning because she had sushi next to the tub and the bath water warmed up the sushi.
Speaker 1: No, that is the dumbest thing ever, unless you left that sis. I think when people go on a talk show, they're like, oh, man, I gotta have an interesting story. Here's something that's far fetched that never happened. And then they tell that story and the host is like, oh, that's hysterical.
Speaker 3: My bathwater cooked it.
Speaker 1: Your bathwater is not going to cook your sushi.
Speaker 2: I left an egg on my dash of my car and then it got fried.
Speaker 3: What it did it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I didn't stop it.
Speaker 3: In the show tomorrow, we're doing pros and cons. We did this every single Friday.
Speaker 5: We're doing it at eight o'clock and some brilliant listener I love it, said pro and con Dave Ryan, great idea.
Speaker 1: I don't like it.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 5: And we got somebody for con figures, but we still are looking for somebody to help with pro day.
Speaker 1: Are you serious? Are you serious? Yes? You haven't found anybody to be pro Dave Ryan.
Speaker 2: Not one.
Speaker 5: I actually called and they were like, who's Ryan? So if you want to call to be on our show tomorrow, like eight o'clock to tell us a couple of bullet points about why you are pro Dave Ryan, give us a call now, sixty five to one nine nine kd w B.
Speaker 1: Please will you please come on?
Speaker 3: Even Susan called, it was like I'm here for con.
Speaker 1: Yep, can't do it. Okay, fine, we will see you back here tomorrow on Friday. Check out the Minnesota Goodbye and after the show podcast. It was a lot of fun. We're gonna do a live Minnesota Goodbye podcast. In a couple of weeks and we're gonna details are on today's Minnesota Goodbye, but we'd love to have you come by. If you're interested, go check out Minnesota Goodbye on the iHeartRadio app and make a donation on Christmas Wish. For Christmas Wish, it is given to the Max day and we're done on the radio for the day, but if you remember sometime today, make a donation for Christmas Wish KDWB dot com, slash wish