Speaker 1: Listen Feaverville, come on in.
Speaker 2: I like the Alaskan Pipeline Morning light, gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 1: I'm like a dog in heat.
Speaker 3: I woke up yesterday morning with a spring US to start later, please, I could never know what the day was us FDA listen up.
Speaker 4: The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key demogram. Yeah, super duper. That's nice. Fight a go nitogay.
Speaker 1: Yes, boy, that is good news. It is the thirteenth day of April twenty twenty sixth. Good morning, everybody. Welcome to the part of Morning show on a Monday. Here we are yesterday was summer, not spring. Summer. We skipped spring completely, but we'll be back to spring today as the rain begins. Lots to get to on today's show, and of course we've got Ben Belieber and Michel Michael Mussman and a cast o on thousands. We'll talk about the Masters and much much more. Let's get started with some comedy here Shing Wang comedy on a Monday morning, one hundred morning. So come on in. I'm glad you're here when.
Speaker 2: This kid's on the scene, the hang will be less predictable.
Speaker 1: Things happen the other day. I'm at my friend's house.
Speaker 2: It's a bunch of bros having beers from the fire pit in the backyard.
Speaker 1: It's a fun, silly time.
Speaker 2: That's why I don't know where no contact. Your kids just run up on you and they hit you with the question about science in front of everybody.
Speaker 1: Now it's quiet.
Speaker 2: Now my friend is struggling to explain how the moon works.
Speaker 1: I'm nervous for him.
Speaker 5: I know he know we listening too. We would like to know as well. That's a good question. Hey, why is it like that?
Speaker 2: We don't know the answer, but we actively judging his response, you know, because when your friend explains stuff to the kids, sometimes they.
Speaker 1: Have to dumb it down.
Speaker 2: But then sometimes you realize, oh no, my friend is dumb.
Speaker 6: Fer slide is wet, and bip is on your side.
Speaker 1: You hear the distance under this.
Speaker 6: Laden and then you stray.
Speaker 7: Away not to take it to the time.
Speaker 8: The Power Trip Money Joe Monday, April thirteen, of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: On Corey Cove. That's Christey, that's meat sauce. Paul Lambert Pitcher, Zach.
Speaker 8: Halverson and look at this point, is Gorge just gonna quit his uh job with fan Duel and just work here, work golf tournaments and just make our money.
Speaker 1: Thinks what I think? It's what you said. What's just printing money?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: I picked an I don't even remember five or six something like that.
Speaker 8: I think everybody just assumed, oh, Roy's not going back to back, and gorg thought, well otherwise, yeah.
Speaker 1: And now he's rich. Yes, anyway, two hundred dollars, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 9: Two hundred dollars has only one four the last five.
Speaker 8: I think it's three of the last five, and he's pushed the other two. According to power Trip Bets, unbelievable printing. Yeah, good for him printing money.
Speaker 1: Rory almost blew it right.
Speaker 8: I think everybody realizes again that no thirty six hole lead is safe, even if it is the largest in master's history.
Speaker 1: Rory coughed it up right. He lost the lead. There were about five guys that had a shot on Sunday, and then when it was all said and done, it was still Rory.
Speaker 9: When he fell back. I think he was two or three back on Sunday. I'm like, man, he can't do it again. There's no way. And then everybody felt the pressure. Justin Rose fell apart Cam Young. I think Pard almost every hole. I don't think he had a lot of birdies. And it was it was unbelievable to watch Rory get up and down again and win that again, and just I mean it was sweet.
Speaker 1: Man. I love Rory. I love that he won. I wish I'd taken him, but it was sweet to see him win. Got a cold going, got allergies, dying. I don't know what are you dying? He walked in, said he was dying. Yeah, he might not make it through the show. No, I'll make it. But I don't know what's right. It's that's your deal. I know you don't think it is that. Yeah, I know it is. It's ours. It was one hundred thousand degrees yesterday. Ye ready for one? Two hit too hot? Sick of it? Yeah? We need snow, snow and Christmas?
Speaker 9: Yeah and pre season football and football that's right around the corner, hogs.
Speaker 1: That's like four months we got. Well, the draft is like next week.
Speaker 9: Yeah, man, that'll be great. Everybody who I sent the email to is in, so that'll be fun.
Speaker 8: Hey, I say something that's borderline preposterous statement for twenty twenty six when it comes to the draft.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh hell yeah?
Speaker 7: Why not?
Speaker 1: Is it just miroird? Does nobody seem to care this year? Oh? I just don't think you're running with cool people.
Speaker 8: But I'm saying, like even on Sports Center and stuff like, it just feels like the draft is fading, which is I don't know, like it's gotten bigger and bigger bigger over the years, But there's something about this draft, maybe because it's like one guy that everybody knows and almost no one else that anybody knows. It just seems like the interest level for this draft is lower than in previous years. I think by a significant amount.
Speaker 1: But rod Out, you're hanging out with boob Tube and clap Trap too much. WOA they don't talk draft? No, and I I.
Speaker 8: Did tell myself to stop spending time with them. You did with who the morale drains? They really are?
Speaker 1: Clap Trap? Yeah, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I just feel like this year people don't seem to care as much as in past years.
Speaker 9: You're not wrong, thanks, because the first pick everybody has known that was going to be the first pick since like November. There isn't another quarterback. There isn't that bit where like, hey, is this guy gonna go first, or is this guy gonna go first?
Speaker 1: There's not that bit.
Speaker 9: There's not like a dominant defensive player going right behind them.
Speaker 8: And I guess I'm not even necessarily talking about the storylines, although I think that has something to do with that. I'm just talking about, like the national coverage seems that it's like at a three, yeah, when it's normally at this point like a nine.
Speaker 1: It's ramping up. I feel like they're ok. The drafts in like a week and a half.
Speaker 8: Normally it's like, oh my god, it's the draft.
Speaker 1: We're almost there. Now it's like, hey, drafts next Thursday. I don't know.
Speaker 8: I feel like they're they're I don't know, not all in this. I can't wait for it.
Speaker 1: You are definitely one of those that are all in on the draft. I get when When where is the draft? Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh. Somebody asked me this weekend. I could not remember for the life of me, Pittsburgh, Sylvania. My dad wanted to talk draft with.
Speaker 9: You, you said, somebody asked you.
Speaker 1: I assumed it was oh, no, no, no, it was not your dad. I don't remember who it was either. I'm losing it, that's all right. Somebody asked me. I couldn't remember. It was a clap Traft, remember was. I don't hang out with clap Trap because I don't want to talk about the draft. Yeah. Yeah, they've moved on. Man, do I get a lot a lot of suggested videos from Facebook of girls with huge rocks just jumping up and down? I mean a lot? Yeah, I didn't. I don't know how, Like I think Facebook stays up all night looking for videos for you, for me, because there's no way there's that many that are just easily found. And these are girls trying to reach things off the top of the target thing and jumping up and down. Who just happens to be filming that? And you just want to help? I want to be there for them. Yeah, I can't help it. Oh, speaking of that, can I tell you what I thought of I watched The Masters yesterday. What I know, it's ridiculous. I lost a bet literally, but boob boom, clube and trap tap. Anyway, here's the hardest thing for me, the number one reason I will never be a pro golfer, beyond my lack of skill, beyond my hatred for the sport. When they're hitting a golf club, it's one thing to do that in front of people watching you. We all do things while people watch us. It's not ever comfortable. But if you feel you're like, you're good at what you do, you're cool with it. Once you hit the ball and then you got to walk down the grass to the next hole, and everybody's going.
Speaker 6: Hey, Rory, Rory, Hey, Rory, Hey, love you, Rory, Rory, love you.
Speaker 1: I would have a hard time not going thank you, thank you, no Hi, Yeah, it's good, and I would have a hard time. I'd feel bad about not saying hi back to everybody because I have a problem, But I would want to go over and say thank you and kiss their babies and fondle their wives. How do you thank God you didn't say that in reverse, No kidding, nobody else, just me. I mean, yeah, everybody's the.
Speaker 8: Car, hey, ry and right right down, good shot, right take you.
Speaker 9: That's what Bryson does, like after he he's not an adult's name. Yeah, Bryson to shamble okay. After he lost on Friday and missed the cut, he said Hi to everyone that was in the gallery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's tens of thousands of people.
Speaker 9: I'm just kidding, because because he's trying to like fix his image.
Speaker 1: But oh, I know, but yeah, I thought that'd go over bigger than it was. I mean that I'd have a hard time with that. Yeah you might like me, Yeah, same. I don't want everybody to like me. I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't think they have a choice obviously, right, they have to just shut that off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they gotta shut that part of the brain off and just say I can't listen to anybody.
Speaker 8: I wonder if they truly do tune it out even though you you hear it. But I wonder if your brain just has to process it and say, I know there's forty six people yelling at me, but yeah, I have to pretend they're zero.
Speaker 9: I mean, Rory City didn't talk to Deshambo last year. In the there eighteen whole bit.
Speaker 1: The patron is a person who supports, protects, or champions someone or something. Why do they call him patrons? I don't know. I don't know, dumb God, how many people are at.
Speaker 8: The Masters on a Sunday Patrons forty thousand and every time they say it's not more than that.
Speaker 1: Every time they said patron, I thought a patren and then I got why did you watch? Because I was wondering if my guy just disappeared from the planet. Yeah, he went in the water twice again on Sunday. Well that's not good at golf, dude, forties almost exactly right. It's a great guess. I would have guessed way more than that. Not bad for a guy who's dying. Thank you, patrons, patrons, patrons, patrons.
Speaker 8: Well, when is the Power Trip having our next big like outdoor or you know, public events so patrons can come watch.
Speaker 1: Us the fair. Oh, we'll have a lot of patrons there. God, we're gonna have a funeral for you at the fair. We're gonna have cheese curds and Sweet Martha's cookies. Once you die, you're gonna be so happy. If my funeral was at the fair, would you go? If my funeral was that, the arow can go. If your funeral was at the fair, I would definitely go to the fair. Oh, well, thank you, I.
Speaker 8: Didn't say I go to the funeral, right, I'm just going to get the cheese cards. Five time Ilse went by how many patrons are between me and you.
Speaker 1: It's a good question.
Speaker 8: Six not a very well attended funeral, Yeah, not very well. No, then I'll probably swim. I don't like lines. Was that Ridgedale a couple of days ago and the line of Aiean's was like twenty people deep and it almost ruined my entire day.
Speaker 1: I didn't get in line. I'm like, that line's too long. I wanted pretzels.
Speaker 8: So if I won't wait twenty people for a pretzel, yeah, I mean, how long am I going to wait for you? If you're you know, you're not even with us anymore. Yeah, it's not like you know that I'm not waiting. It's a good question, you know. Yeah, I'd rather just get back at the pretzel line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good point. Yeah, I wish the pretzel points man A lot of times when I'm in line somewhere, I wish I had like a leopard or cougar. What you could just intimidate people right out line in front of me. I wouldn't threaten them, but the cat would just give them that look, just saying if you order like that, it's the same minute drive through and somebody looks behind them in the mirror as they're about to order, and it's they're ordering as if they've never been to McDonald's before, but obviously, by the looks of them, they have. I want them to see a bazooka pointed at them, right, an AK forty seven. Well, it's America, so that impossible. I want them just to hurry it up. I'm not threatening them, but I want them to know the guy behind him has a screw loose and he wants his damn a quarter pounds of cheese and mcflurry. Hey, speaking of cougars and leopards, I'm sorry people with wingers that fall off. No, not that in a leper again?
Speaker 8: Can we talk to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, all these bits. Clicking on a video once doesn't mean that's what you want?
Speaker 1: Tell me, because can we can?
Speaker 8: We can we reach out to them and say, hey, if I click on five videos in the same theme, then I'm all in. But if man, I clicked on one video of a cheetah fighting a wart hog, they were like ripping each other to death, and now all I get fed the last week are big cats trying to take down other animals or defending their group? In Africa? I've watched so many animals bleed in the last six or seven days. My God, and I guess I just answered my own question that they kept feeding it to me so much that I ended up watching most of them, and now I'm stuck in the vortex.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Now, it's just like, here's a mother warthog that is pissed off that I cheated, and then they fight to the death and nobody wins, and even the winners bleeding mostly to death. It's like the Mountain versus princes Oberon. What's the difference? You know, somebody's gotta lose. Similar algorithms, very similar. Yes, he he's watching a lot of cougar's on his, a lot of cougar's on mine.
Speaker 1: About it, man and mine are all bouncy, bouncy, fun, fun fun.
Speaker 8: Minor bouncy bouncy, fun, fun fun until one of them rips each other's neck, you know, into shreds and bleeds.
Speaker 1: Out on that. I don't want that to happen. Savannah, oh mine, But there's a lady named Savannah that makes sense. Yeah, rest in peace.
Speaker 8: Oh so Rory won George's rich again. All he does is win the power Trip golf bets. Yeah, good for him. I thought for a split second, obviously we all got our hopes up. Scheffler was chasing him down, chasing everybody down. It looked like Scheffler was gonna catch him. Scheffler had that one what hole was it, Paul fifteen? Sixteen seventeen, that like basically lipped out. He had a putt that almost dropped.
Speaker 1: It was sixteen.
Speaker 8: He just just bab couldn't even believe, he couldn't believe that it didn't drop. And then you look back and go, well, man, think of the pressure if Rory on eighteen, If Rory knows that he cannot or that a bogie doesn't win him the title, a bogie forces a tie, Like if he's got Scheffler sitting there, and oh man, that final scramble on eighteen would have been so much more pressure filled. But he knew he had an extra stroke to drop. God damn it, Come on.
Speaker 1: When that's some bitch hit that that uh that ball in the woods on the last hole. All right, here we go here, we just barely had a view. Right.
Speaker 8: If it's a foot and a half back, then he's got a tree right in front of him.
Speaker 1: Patrons everywhere. Patrons everywhere, move, patron everywhere, mover. Some cheet is going to rip your neck. If you have a second kid, Susy, will you name it patron? Yeah, I can do that. That'd be great that way, I know who they're talking about when they're talking about freaking fans. Yeah, I can do that. Patrons eat my nuts? Oh my no, I got some planters over here. Oh okay, I'll have them. Sure you will eat my nuts? Yeah? Will you? I knew it. We did me a favorite for Yeah, will you fondle them first? Oh yeah, yeah, I can do that. Planters nuts. Yeah. We should be doing commercials for planters nuts. I'm not busy. Yeah, yeah, obviously, Yeah, we should be doing nut commercials. Sure wow, sure nuts are great hot take. Yeah they are. Yeah, I love them. You know what I like to seem to like them. I like to go. I like to go in my driveway and just throw nuts on my roof.
Speaker 9: Well, if you had gutter helmet, you wouldn't have to worry about them getting in your gutters, And if you didn't, you'd have to get up on your ladder and clean those out. Get gut her helmet and never clean your gutters again.
Speaker 8: More the Power Trip Morning Show after this Ben Lieber in like forty five minutes, must set about seven or so. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the Fish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, welcome back Powertra Morning Show. Just paying money to Kevin Gordon skipping Tommy's Olsen's far Oh you didn't go, No, So if you didn't go, nobody went. No, it means nobody went. I thought about going, and then so tell me where he lived. Yeah, it far away from me. And it would have taken my whole day to go there and come back. And I was going to go and pull a hockey and he would have been cool with that. He'd have been so happy. And I know that and I but I couldn't get myself to go there all that way for fifteen minutes. And I feel bad. Yeah, because it looked like a great party.
Speaker 8: It did. See here's the deal. And again, I know I'm I'm a self aware lame guy. I'm old, I'm lame. I don't care, right, I'm leaning into the lameness as I I don't care. I'm not trying to be cool anymore for you, Bud. I also don't want to be like I'm at the point now where this is how I feel about wedding stupid. He was like, I don't care if you don't show up in Master's you know, garb or you can wear itever, whatever you want. You don't have to fit in. Then I look at those photos. Everybody's all in on the brand, they're going for it. They're all dressed like going to the Masters. I don't want to be that guy that just shows up looking like this, going like, well I'm here. It's like, no, you're either all in like they are, or you're not. And to be honest, I don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: So I love Tommy.
Speaker 8: I'm not going to a Master's party looking like this, and I'm not wearing that just to go to the party, you know what I'm saying. And they were all in. They were all in, which I love. I respect the hell out of it. I'm just too old and lame to care about doing that. But I would still argue, despite my lack of motivation, address like, I'm going to the Masters to go to a Master's party. If he had thrown that party in Maple Grove, I would have gone.
Speaker 1: I thought the same exact thing. I even said a little prayer to God apologizing. I told him, you know, if Tommy moves to Maple Grove, yep, I'll go to that party every damn here.
Speaker 8: You and I are all the way on the west, he's all the way on the east, farther across the cities. Nope, and I had other things to do. You know, I couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: I seriously can considered it. That's how clearly. Yeah, no idea. I was like, that's kind of I was like Cameron in his car. He'll call me, Yeah, okay, i'll go, I'll go, I'll go, I'll go. And then I didn't go.
Speaker 8: I feel bad.
Speaker 1: I feel bad too. But it looked like a great party. I'm sure they had a great time. Sure they had a great time.
Speaker 8: And what a what a I don't know who puts that together. I assume it's SAS, but geez. Yeah, well, and that looked legit.
Speaker 9: Eddie won like a really nice putter, and they were like closest to the pin contest that contest.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you don't care about that. There's gals that are in golf skirts.
Speaker 1: That's exactly why I thought about going. Yeah, and then you realized it it was in Missouri.
Speaker 8: Ye and you realize that two people that were wearing golf skirts were Tommy and Small.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I don't mind that either. Yeah, he doesn't mind. You know what He's right about over there, Cory, the the likelihood of me driving to Tommy's house is exactly the same as if it had been on the moon. Yeah, oh yeah, I mean this same distance away this week though with Artemis two, that I mean that would you at least would have had a ride. That's true.
Speaker 8: It would have been like Sauce taking your uber to Milwaukee to see Paul Simon. Yeah, we take the Artemist two to the moon, stop at Tommy's party, and then take Artemis two back to land. Technically they landed in water.
Speaker 1: Which is awesome.
Speaker 8: Yeah, what a marvel Man. Unbelievable, pretty cool. They just splashed down after a phone from space. Pretty cool. How cool was it too when they was a couple of baseball stadiums right threw it up on the big screen, the actual splash down.
Speaker 1: That it's pretty crazy. Pretty cool. How about when they're their floating their their floating down and then those parachutes disappear and they fall free fall for a minute, and then the other ones come out and they slow down.
Speaker 10: Why, I wonder we all thought they were gunners watching that live right right?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, do you have any idea why they do that? Zacho like, no idea, but I did. He was like, where's they go? No, they're still way high? Those were the words I used. But no, do you know what time about?
Speaker 6: Did it?
Speaker 1: Were you guys watching? At that point? They're floating down and they have the three parachutes, and then suddenly those go away.
Speaker 8: I did not see that. I saw the video with the three parachutes. I didn't see that those detached. And then there's another main one.
Speaker 1: I was by myself in my place, so I didn't make noise, but I did go like this, yeah, you sit up quickly. Yeah, oh yeah. I'm like, I'm gonna see terrible things happen right now.
Speaker 8: There must be some kind of reason why the first three have a you know, some kind of an initial slowing down, and maybe they're made of something slightly different to withstand it's essentially terminal velocity, I don't know. And then the the main one comes out at a slightly slower speed. I don't know, or maybe I don't understand the lot.
Speaker 1: Final thing is last Name's cove and just likes to blank with people. Oh yeah, and like psych ye after those three blow away it's on brand and they're falling to their death and then the other ones come out and they're like got you.
Speaker 8: There is a I know you're not a big coaster guys, So there's a what is it called it?
Speaker 1: Is it steel Venom? The one valley Fair French Tickler?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so steel I think it's called steel Venom, the one at Valley Fair that's basically like a U shape and it's a it's a magnetic.
Speaker 1: Coaster, right what you're saying.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so you know you go back and forth. You've seen it, that's steel Venom. Yeah, and have you ever been on it? So then you know what I'm talking about. Uh, on the when you go backwards, you go off the backside, you go back and forth like three times, and then on the backside, on the one of the last passes, they just for a second intentionally catch you. It's like it hooks, so you fall into your your horns. So just for a second, if you've never been on that ride, you think, oh, something's wrong, and then they immediately drop you again, not long enough to think that it's truly broken, but it's an intentional You hang in the air for just one second, and if you're not ready for it the first time you do it, that scares the crap. I always you're like something's wrong, and then you're right back to going. So they just add that little split second of fear. And it sounds like that's exactly what Chris experienced.
Speaker 1: Watching the parachutes detached. Yeah, I thought they were dead. Oh I don't know, you know what I mean? Could they I don't remember how high they were, but they were still real harsh. Sure.
Speaker 10: So apparently the first set of parachutes they're called drogues or something, and they help stabilize the capsule because it can be unstable and tumbling, and they just celerate them mity the capsule from three hundred and fifty miles per hour to about one hundred and fifty and then it says one slower and lower the three hundred and sixteen foot wide main parachutes open to reduce the final landing speed to a pri maroximate least seventeen miles per hour.
Speaker 8: All right, So it's twofold. It's not just the stabilization thing makes a ton of sense.
Speaker 1: I have thought of that.
Speaker 8: I hadn't thought about that part. So it does slow it down, but it also makes sure it's not spinning like a top end over end.
Speaker 1: The whoops. That makes a lot of sense. There's got to be a better way to do that. Like the Space Shuttle used to land like a plane. Why don't they do that? No more? Are we going backwards in technology? No? No, it looks like they went up in a jet air liner. Now looks like they go up at a thimble.
Speaker 10: Well, the Space Shuttle went like basically just above the atmosphere, where this thing has to go ye far and then come back so they.
Speaker 1: Can make it better. Yeah, like I don't drive a fifty seven forward anymore.
Speaker 8: Well, I guess what you were saying is airplanes have landing gear that come out. What you're saying is, once this thing gets into the atmosphere.
Speaker 1: Can't we just jetsons it?
Speaker 8: Yeah, where it just transforms into a small plane and then you know, Captain Jacobe just flies it down to earth.
Speaker 1: So his life isn't in pieces.
Speaker 8: I'm glad these parachutes don't have to be his last resorts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, he had to be a Coachella last night.
Speaker 8: Yeah what a weekend. Uh man, We're all over the place, but who cares.
Speaker 1: Uh? Did you see a lot of Coachella highlights yet? Yeah?
Speaker 8: I saw a minute and a half of one band that makes me more than any time in my life. Want to see this band?
Speaker 1: Anybody know? Anybody see this rocking heads?
Speaker 8: Nope, it's a nineties band, and I'm like, holy cow, I got to put this band on my list of bands and I've never seen but I'm like, I gotta see these guys live.
Speaker 1: Nope, I don't know who's touring and who's not Like Radiohead, no Oasis.
Speaker 8: Let me let me see this. This might give it away specifically for Chris. It's a band, but it's really famous for one guy being the the genius behind this band, Nine inch Nails. Exactly. Did you see their freaking set? Holy crap? Do they look awesome? God dang, dude, look up nine inch Nails Coachella, said Reznor is a He's that dude kicks ass man, I gotta go see that band. I might add that band of the list of if Nine inch Nails plays this sphere, I'm going here.
Speaker 1: Last year weren't they Is that right? Maybe?
Speaker 9: Yeah, weren't they at the They were at the X now Grand Casino, right yeah?
Speaker 8: That oh man, all right, that's they're on my list now. I don't know how Coachello, like, is that crowd into nine inch Nails? I don't know that. I was watching the clips they were into Vanessa Carlton. Teddy Swims brought her out. It was sweet. It is like a weird thing that happens at Coachelle is that artists of today just bring out randos from the past, Like didn't Somber bring out like David Lee Roth or some crap.
Speaker 1: Teddy Swims brought out.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah it was, but it's like, what, like David Lee Roth just pops out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: It's just weird. Yeah, very weird. You know who I need?
Speaker 8: Somber brought out Corgan? Billy Corgan. Yeah. So second it's like Somber walks out and his fans are probably losing his mind, losing their minds.
Speaker 1: Then here comes Billy Corgan and they're like, who is this? Yeah, Smashing Pumpkins man, but his fans don't care. Why does it say nine inch noise? I don't know like everything that I'm seeing from Coachelli, says nine inch Noise, and it looks like it's from the official account. Wonder I had to call himself nine inch Noise if he did.
Speaker 10: It's a collaborative musical project between nine inch Chails and German Iraqi electronic music producer Boy's Noise.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, big fan, you're a big fans of boys?
Speaker 1: Man? Whatever that was? That was badass? Yeah? Man? Do you see that zacho? I did not? Man? All right?
Speaker 10: So a lot of the other stuff their live streams are sick is Coachella?
Speaker 1: Oh, By the way, I do want to say this because it came to mind. I also saw that Jack White was there his new stuff. Have you heard it yet? No, just the stuff on this and to me, it's the most palatable record he's released maybe ever.
Speaker 8: Really yeah, which is not like it's a great word because his stuff is not always super easy to digest. It is very like artistic and weird and nerdy jims.
Speaker 1: It's like Radiohead. I don't feel smart enough. Yeah, correct sometimes, but this record is great. I mean, so I want to go see him live. I've heard that it's almost like a religious experience for some reason to see him live. I might go seeing I believe he's at I think Grant Casino again is a grand casino arena that he's coming to. But November he's coming to town.
Speaker 8: So there would be two ways. I would go see nine inch Nails as soon as possible. Yes, if I can wear this, and if it's in Maple Grove. Okay, I'm not going to Coachella. Yeah, yeah, right, No. Can you imagine if I should cell awaring this? We're too old, too old man, too old and too layman who cares probably.
Speaker 1: Be like questioned because you certainly look like you might be about to bomb the place. Yeah, he's right.
Speaker 8: I'm just here to see boys noise and they go exactly, you're a little you know.
Speaker 1: All right? Front page Sports and the second power you're going at you on the van.
Speaker 10: I want to be at the next big game or concert. We're giving away tickets to the Outlaw Music Festival, Santana, Guns N' Roses, Chris Stampleton and plenty more interested today canfe dot com just make they were contests.
Speaker 1: I'll bring you closer to gods. I watched I want to blank you like an animal from Coachell yeah, and uh, that would have been an awesome moment. Yep, yep, sweet it is awesome though. Also I watched Jack White's set and the song I was talking about is called God in the End of the World. Great song by the way. He was playing inside like during the day, like there's I shouldn't say inside, it's side a giant tent. But he wasn't on the big old stage, what I know, That's what I was thinking too. Who knows? Yeah? Can you imagine though? Like I don't know why. I just assumed that the people who are patrons of Coachella wouldn't know who nine inch Nails is anymore? Am I weird about that? No?
Speaker 8: No, but they again, if you That's how I feel about a lot of these guests that they brought up, is do they care or know who this mashing Pumpkins are? Do they care or know who the nine inch Nails are? For God's sake, I'd have said the nine inch nails. That's not even right nine inch nails? You know what I'm saying, Like I don't. I don't know if they do.
Speaker 9: But when they brought out Billy Corgan, the applause kind of died quickly and then didn't that guy yell from the Smashing Pumpkins? So I was like, I don't think that generation knows who he is.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It is weird though, because I bet if they broke into what does the beginning of that song say? The world is? Yeah that if he did that, I bet they'd be like, oh, yeah, I know who this is. Yeah, maybe they probably know that song, right, but.
Speaker 8: Let's let's put this in perspective. Let's not be unfair to the kiddos.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: If I had gone to a festival in nineteen ninety six when nine inch Nails and Smashing Pumpkins were a huge deal, yeah, and Billy Corgan brought out somebody from nineteen sixty six, thirty years earlier, Yeah, I think I would have gone bopper, Who the hell is this?
Speaker 1: And why would I care?
Speaker 8: Played nineteen seventy nine play Bullet with butterfly Wings?
Speaker 1: What are we doing here? Who's this? Guy?
Speaker 8: Was about the big Bopper? So unless you're bringing out Elvis, I don't think I care. Yeah, so can't rip the kids. What was the bit zacho that U Bieber did? He just played his music off YouTube? Uh?
Speaker 10: No, he did, like some some duets brilliant brilliant with himself from the YouTube video. So they were playing the YouTube video in the background. He was singing along with himself from back in the.
Speaker 9: Day because he I heard over the weekend that he has sold his catalog and he'd have to pay them to use it.
Speaker 1: So that's why I used YouTube. Hell's going on? Oh that's what I'm interesting as well, is I I'm watching Mobi. He's still a thing, well that was a thing. He's live a coach and he's got a giant band behind him, and I just realized I don't know a song from Mobi and Mobi and forgive me because we look a lot alike in this video, only he's skinnier than I am, smaller than I am, but he looks like a grand and father right on the stage.
Speaker 8: At if we could still play music on this show, one of his songs, Yes, even if you don't know that it's Moby, you would be like, oh, I know this song because he had like four or five pretty big hits. Yeah, he had a moment about what two thousand yeah, yeah, no, two thousand, huge star. I'm just saying I can't think of it. Yeah, he's got tattoos on his neck. Now, isn't he I think they say, do not resuscitate?
Speaker 9: Oh no, you're looking at a mirror. Wow, isn't Andy in to him?
Speaker 1: No, he's in't a mobi? Oh different person. Oh I guess he'll play your concert?
Speaker 8: Is the eighth Dwarf? Oh all right, let's do front page sports time now for front paid sports presented by Holidays Stations Star Station Stores for a limited time, three monsters for just eight bucks. Mix and match and he flavors a monster that you want, the zero ultros, the juice ones, the regular ones, whatever you want. Mixing match three for eight per limited time at Holiday Thanks Holiday, Thank You Holiday. The Minnesota Timberwolves won one thirty two to six over the Pelicans.
Speaker 1: Chris, yes, sir, that was their final regular season game. Hooray. The season must be almost over then, No, it's got about three months left. Two and a half.
Speaker 8: Baron ja Or, as Rosie calls him, Joan Berenger, I don't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Twenty four points, twelve boards, and seven blocks. So sure, the game doesn't matter. We're playing the Scrubs. They're playing the scrubs. Who cares? But twenty four to twelve and seven for the kid. We'll take that. Yeah. The Wolves finished the regular season forty nine and thirty three. They sat again almost everyone and I think Dante played leg eight minutes.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 8: Kevin Garnett was back in the building to watch the backups. Yep, got a giant ovation. Everybody went nuts for for KG. Yeah, except for people that used to work at Target Center when we played here.
Speaker 1: They probably weren't thrilled.
Speaker 8: So the number six Timberwolves will face the number three Denver Nuggets starting Saturday in Denver at two thirty Nuggets in round one. Again, absolutely murderers, Row. I know this team is the Wolves are good. Yeah, maybe great when they want to be Maybe they can borderline be great when they really really.
Speaker 1: Give full effort.
Speaker 8: And let's hope playoff ant shows up, playoff.
Speaker 1: Timberwolves show up.
Speaker 8: But again, the path in front of you to an NBA title theoretically Denver, San Antonio ok SE Boston Right theoretically yeah hideous. I mean forget like that is just so unbelievably unlikely.
Speaker 1: Idious.
Speaker 8: You almost have to hope injury, injury, injury and injury, and then we have a chance.
Speaker 1: Did you guys see didn't First of all, let me ask you two questions. Number one, didn't Milwaukee just win the championship like a year or two? Like four or five years? I thought? And did you guys see that they fired Doc Rivers? Yeah? He's terrible. Okay, did you see the reason they gave for his firing? And I just looked it up to make sure I was right because I heard this on the way here in this morning. He was speaking Chinese? Was he really? Do you be the audio of it? Yea, yeah, that's that's the wrong guy, wrong coach. Yeah, he doesn't say Jesus.
Speaker 8: That's uh god, that was a great joke.
Speaker 1: That was What was that other guy's name? Perfectly?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Maybe the guy I'm talking about is dead. No, he might be. Actually, maybe he is dead. Who is it? Then? Oh god, what I can see his face? What is that dude's name? Obviously I'm seeing the wrong face? Paul Silas Rivers? Yeah it was Paul. Yeah. Is he still speaking Chinese?
Speaker 8: Is he still with us? Let me look, Jesus, it must speaking Chinese? Got them a great rand question. That was a great sports rant.
Speaker 1: It must speaking Chinese? He died? Yeh a bit play them.
Speaker 8: Then did you hear why they fired Doc Rivers?
Speaker 1: He was speaking.
Speaker 8: It's so good. You guys used to play that all the time. Hey, I know you don't care, but think about this, Chris. Three years ago when Doc Rivers took over mid season for the Bucks. Do you know what the what their record was when they fired their coach were and replacing with Doc Rivers?
Speaker 1: Uh zero and forty one?
Speaker 8: If I think this is right, I think I saw this yesterday, Uh thirty and thirteen.
Speaker 1: They fired the other guy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because they didn't think it was working and they didn't think he could get him, you know, to the next level. And then Doc Rivers went on to completely just butcher that season, do very little in season two, and then just had a terrible, terrible year this year. We had a lot of injuries.
Speaker 1: And still you're sure he wasn't speaking Chinese. He might have been speaking Chinese because it did not work. Have you found that yet? Nah, it's soup so old, I'll find it. Yeah, star love that. He loved it. Yeah, he loved it.
Speaker 8: How do we feel about the Wolves getting bounced in round one? We all know that if the wild get bouncing Round one It's really unfortunate because this team is one of the best teams in the NHL. They just not to make excuses for him, but obviously have this really unfair format in the NHL, and it just sucks that we're going to have an absolute gauntlet in round one. But how do we feel about the Wolves, who this is the third run with essentially this group. I think it's Cad and Julius is different, but still this is the same kind of feeling team for three straight years, and it feels like we're going back.
Speaker 9: I think it's the last run of this group, especially if it's one and done. Like if they go I mean the Denver is one of the hottest teams in basketball. This is over like a week from two weeks from today, that's not good. Then I think they move on. I think this is the last run for that group. But they're built to play Denver. That's why they got Rudy, That's why they tried the two center bit, because they thought that's how they could slow down Jokic. This team is built to beat Denver. They've beaten them before, so we'll see. But if they don't, do you think it's keep and keep Jaden and then everybody else is up for grabs. Yeah, I think they try and trade for a superstar point guard.
Speaker 1: But what do I know? Not much? I don't I don't know much, but I know I love you.
Speaker 7: Much.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he was at Coachella. That'd be sweet, man. I would go to see him.
Speaker 8: You really, No, I wouldn't go to Maple Grove to se him. I probably would hawks play. I don't think you would. Yeah, I don't think you would. I don't think you would get growth even when you move over here. Yeah, I still don't think you're gonna go.
Speaker 1: I might.
Speaker 8: So anyway, Game one is Saturday. Oh boy, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I got a bad feeling about say one, but I hope I'm wrong one. Maybe they'll get him in round two. No, that's not all it works.
Speaker 8: Heay back to us, since you mentioned Doc Rivers speaking Chinese, So the Bucks are done with Doc Rivers as the head coach. But here's what's weird. Did you see that he's not done done? The Bucks are going to pay him for twenty twenty six, twenty twenty seven, because that's how it works when you let go of a coach. However, Doc Rivers and the Bucks are discussing a potential advisory role. What so he's not even like fired from the franchise. They're just done with him as head coach. They might just say, well, we're stuck paying either way. You want to just help out in the front office, help as an advisor.
Speaker 1: What are they doing? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Just move on, Just move on, said drunken scannies for you.
Speaker 1: Did you find it yet?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I can't find it. You guys hear why they fired Doc Rivers?
Speaker 8: No, because he he went to the players right after the game and he yelled at and he.
Speaker 1: Goes, I'm a man, I'm forty brilliant. That was That was Doc Rivers? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, remember when remember when Doc Rivers complained during one of those press conferences, like we're talking about practice, man. Remember he said, this is not a game, not a game, this is practice. Yeah, he was epic rant, super famous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, said that playoffs ran where he playoffs. He said, if you're going to crown him, then crowd there. He just wants to win another damn game. God, Doc Rivers, what a great press conference guy. Yeah. Always a performer.
Speaker 8: Uh, speaking of performers, Ben liber will be here shortly we'll do what really matters more of the power.
Speaker 1: You won, don't you after this on the fan? That's what really matters, right, What really.
Speaker 8: Matters has brought to you by Ovo, Lacy and Lens. Get Lasick and change your life with doctor Mark a little bit off and doctor David White.
Speaker 1: Even Ovo, Lasik and Lens.
Speaker 8: It's almost summer, Man, get Lacy now so you can get out there.
Speaker 1: They get out there. Man, you don't wear glasses. Hey did you see?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 8: Didn't one of the Timberwolves lose a contact?
Speaker 1: Technically? Last night?
Speaker 8: I thought I saw the replay of somebody getting the contact knocked out.
Speaker 1: Who wasn't I don't know, but I hope he hadn't backed up on the cloud. I think it was Rory McElroy.
Speaker 8: Yes, so Rory got a contact knocked out during the Wolves game, and I thought, see, that's why you get Lasick. That guy, he's a professional athlete. He shouldn't be dealing with contacts.
Speaker 1: Were you dealing professional? Yep? He should go to OVO. All right. I have a question, sauce.
Speaker 8: Yeah, who is the best record in the American League?
Speaker 1: The Minnesota Twins.
Speaker 8: The Minnesota Twins have the best record in the American League. They are nine and seven, which is nothing to write home about, but that's what the state of the American League is right now.
Speaker 1: Nine and seven.
Speaker 8: Twins have the best record, tied with what Cleveland I think, but yeah, but they're tied for the top. The Twins won eight to two over the Blue Jays.
Speaker 1: TODJ. Bradley continues to be awesome.
Speaker 8: Five innings, five hits, just one run, seven strikeouts. I think that's his fourth start, right, I think it's his fourth and his era is one point twenty five. Yeah, good for him. May wet to start for that kid. Home runs by Gray and Clemens. How about this saw sports trivia.
Speaker 1: I hope you didn't see this. Okay, give me the year.
Speaker 8: The last time the Twins went homerless in a game in Toronto?
Speaker 1: Brilliant, man, I have no idea.
Speaker 9: Yeah, ninety three, Oh jeez, no, twenty and seventeen.
Speaker 8: But that's twenty six straight games in Toronto they have hit a home run the last time. The last time they didn't was August twenty fifth of twenty seventeen. Wow, and they've hit fifty five home runs in those twenty six games. Yeah, they're hot. So for whatever reason, we just launch it in Toronto. Yeah, maybe it's a Canadian air. It might be and the Olson Yeah makes a ton of sense. So the Twins are nine and seven. They host Boston today, tomorrow and Wednesday tonight six forty Bailey over. Now it looks like, are we not going to get dumped on with rain and terrible weather all week?
Speaker 1: Apparently? Yeah? Right, so next three days.
Speaker 8: I wonder if these games are in huge trouble because it's supposed to be absolute.
Speaker 1: Hell on Earth weatherwise. Yeah, I bet I've been. I wonder. Yeah, it looks like it's gonna start raining at about six.
Speaker 8: So the game starts at six forty, and it's supposed to be what hail, rain, winds, tornadoes like playing this game tonight, right, maybe not?
Speaker 1: Who knows? Morning Ben, Morning guys. You guys talking about the severe weather coming in.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it doesn't feel like it though, you know what I'm saying. Like when you feel like the humidity in the air and the peaks summertime, you're.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, yeah, here we go. It feels like a storm.
Speaker 10: When you leave Twin Cities life today, you'll feel that the humidity is coming in and before thirty fast block touch the front will come through. So who plays the Twins play the game tonight. So you guys talking about yeah, uh yeah, my little uh not little anymore. But WIT's got a baseball game at four thirty today, and I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Buddy, that's not happening.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he should just stay home. He should just meet Sauce. Yeah yeah, watch golf, watch golf, have some snacks.
Speaker 1: What really matters is this. Charles Darwin would often take one or more of the new species he's discovered to eat them. He began his tradition while in college. He was part of his school's quote unquote Glutton Club, which sought out new exotic species to eat. Hey we found one, kill it and eat it. Get after it. Sas got his letter in the Glutton Club. I'm the captain of the team. The best they've ever seen. Big letter. Yeah, there's like four letters. Yeah, man, you're glutton. Did you ever find the Paul Silas bit?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I gave up. I quit, That's okay.
Speaker 8: Can I ask you guys and messed up theoretical question. I saw Richard Dawkins tweet this I think yesterday, and they nope, not that one. You know, we've we you know, were we brought back the dire wolf. We've talked about bringing back you know, the Dodo bird and the wooly mammoth and all these different things. He asked, Essentially, we know the entire genome of a Neanderthal. Hi, how would you feel in twenty twenty six if a lab created a Neanderthal?
Speaker 1: I'd be like, that dog is cool? Yeah, like a Labrador retriever?
Speaker 8: Well played, you know what I mean? Yeah, repeat your question? Just a lab created what a Neanderthal? An actual living encino?
Speaker 1: Man? Sure, I think that'd be bad. That seems bad. Doesn't that it's bad? And I am all in on wooly mammoth right, But it seems like man bringing back a Neanderthal is.
Speaker 8: Like now we're now we're really we're we're dancing with the devil here a little bit right, pull your hands.
Speaker 1: Up a lady version wood Hawk.
Speaker 8: He'll put a down payment down just to see if it's possible. Yeah, man, that would be You ain't scared, can you? There would be I think a lot of outrage if anybody tried to act do that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. That feels really different I.
Speaker 10: Think just I think bringing back or cloning humans in general, exactly.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 8: So doing that like a lesser version of a human. It feels like now we're just we're just we're just having fun. I don't know, all your hands.
Speaker 10: Up, oh you would, yeah, you know what, you know what? I want them a clone, some some version. I'll put any any dinosaur exactly. Well, the woly mammoth doesn't count. Like, we know what that looks like. They've been frozen in time, we found them in ice. We know what they look like. Right, I'm so fascinated if the scientists got the exterior of dinosaurs, right, colors, skin, feathers, feathers or whatever, like they just basically just like make stuff.
Speaker 1: Let's see what we got.
Speaker 10: They got a bunch of bones and like, ah, make this thing up like it looks like a bird. So let's put some feathers on and all these fancy colors. Like you don't if they had colors.
Speaker 8: Like that, figuring only one way to find out you and we don't want to fill it in with frog DNA. We want a true DNA. Yeah yeah, which not like the is like it's like one percent real dire wolf or something like that. Is it really we need Heisenberg level dinosaurs? Yeah, right, the good stuff. Yeah, it's your turn. No, you just did the Darwin You're dead man. The Wild lost to one in Nashville on Saturday. Up next, they have Saint Louis tonight. In Saint Louis.
Speaker 1: Final regular home game is tomorrow.
Speaker 8: That's also the final regular season game tomorrow against Stanaheim, although while they're at Dallas to start one Round one, Zach, do we have a date yet?
Speaker 1: Will you?
Speaker 6: Not?
Speaker 10: Saturday or Sunday is game one? So I'm hearing probably Saturday, but maybe Sunday, so.
Speaker 8: We might have game one Wolves and Nuggets and why in Dallas, potentially both on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah. Interesting. What really matters though, is this. There's a dude na named Guilder Ray Baron Deray. He was born in fourteen oh five and died in fourteen forty. Well known as a companion in arms of Joan of Arc, but he was also a serial killer hang on, hang out, Yeah, let's see it out. Remains chiefly known for his conviction on charges of murder of several children. Hang on, hang on, He's not done. His family accused him of squandering his money, selling off his lands. He assaulted a high ranking cleric in the church, seized a castle seehay out. Yeah. Arrested on fifteenth September fourteen forty. Tried in court assisted by many. The judge accused him of a sodomy and the murder of one hundred and forty children. One hundred and forty one. God, that's what they accused him of. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I wonder if this is one of those like modern serial killer situations where it's like one hundred and forties, like not even close.
Speaker 9: It was like eighty two calmed out, like one of Starr's favorite guys that just lied about all of it. He didn't kill anybody, right, maybe.
Speaker 1: And this was Joan of.
Speaker 10: ARC's significant other, not to that, just a buddy, Oh okay, yeah, buddy.
Speaker 1: So when Joan of Arc was like a big deal, wasn't she like eighteen years old? Yeah? She was super hech She died at nineteen yeah, so something like that.
Speaker 8: Right, So she ran with this dude when he was in his twenties or thirties, because did you say he lived to be thirty five?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I think which at that point, and I mean that's that's like one hundred and ninety now in modern years, yeah, thirty five, that as old as hell.
Speaker 1: The vast majority of historians believe he was guilty. They believe that he did do the things they said he did.
Speaker 10: Jeez, really well, man, I mean even just kill one yeah, kill him, Yeah, I mean it's a lot, right, Yeah, it does seem like a lot.
Speaker 8: One's too many, Yeah, on one and forty is pretty much every kid he runs into. Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he seemed to like he knew he was going to die young, so he's like, I better get to kill him, right. Yeah. Man, you just think back to those days. It would have been so easy to pull off those crimes, so easy. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Sure, you got to put a little bit of thought and make sure that people don't there's no not a lot of eyewitnesses.
Speaker 8: Like we've talked about with bank robberies one hundred years ago, like baby Face Nelson, they literally would never wear masks. Yeah, and then they would loudly announce their names. Make sure you tell everybody Babyface was here. It's like they didn't care because if they didn't get shot when they were leaving the bank, they got away with it.
Speaker 1: What are they kid? But that's the challenge though. Back then everybody had guns. Right.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, good point, So to get out of the bank alive. But once you do, you might as well just have a parade. Yeah, they're not going to catch you.
Speaker 1: Pretty sure that's Jim Nelson doing it. No, it's baby Face Nelson, a different person completely. You mean, do you think he couldn't have just changed his first name.
Speaker 10: No, you think baby was baby Face actually a really old, haggard looking guy.
Speaker 1: Nope. He he was nicknamed that specifically because he had a baby face face.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We did him on what really matters, not long. It's pretty interesting. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He got shot here in uh lovely Minnesota, and he spent some time in Saint Paul. Uh probably knocked up some hookers. They shot face down at the hospital's down there. He died.
Speaker 8: Baby Face Nelson is the only person that was willing to drive Tom out of meat I to go to Thomas party.
Speaker 1: He was an eastsider.
Speaker 8: The rest of us were like, best of luck, buddy, that's the wrong side of town, and what did you get for going to that side of town?
Speaker 1: Shot in the face, old shot face Nelson, shot face, that's what they called him. At the hospital. Zack nailed it. More of what really matters after this Power Trip Morning Show fan fan, Oh yeah, welcome back, ladies and gentlemen. It's Monday morning. The Powertrait Morning Show is on fire. Ben levers here, he's always Sonny, no matter whether he's in Philadelphia or anywhere. He's as Paul Landers here. He's dying of something over there, but we all is dying of something. Corey Cove losing a gambling as usual. Oh so it's a regular Monday morning. Storms are on their way. Zach Hopperson says it may be the end of the world.
Speaker 10: Rochester watch out. I mean, everybody can kind of watch out today. But I don't think it's all be it's too bad.
Speaker 1: I love rainy days, Yeah, Sam, they bring me down. Rainey days and Mondays do not bring me down. They bring me up. You know what brings me down? Hail.
Speaker 8: That's the only thing he could be bad where that could be today according to the reports.
Speaker 1: Can you tell me you like Hale when your car's in the garage, You like laughing at people if they drive by.
Speaker 8: Bad day for the Driveway Club, that Way Club. If you are a Driveway Club member, and a couple of us here are. Today's a bad day because by the end of the day my car might look like meat sauce's ass.
Speaker 1: You know, man, dimply You're right, real, dimply man.
Speaker 9: Not even like let's say the weather called for like softball size and sex. Your lady friend would say, tough guzungas, I can't move my woodworking stuff.
Speaker 1: You're correct.
Speaker 3: Wow, yeah, he's getting his his butt pounded in what so say that my best plan might be to just park under a bridge and it just uber home.
Speaker 1: I could park at my house. The best plan might be live under that bridge. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Oh like riddles, PSA, don't park under the bridge when on the freeway.
Speaker 1: I would never do that. I don't do that.
Speaker 10: I'm just talking about like I'm not saying, I'm just saying in general, because that's like a thing lately, like people that's a bad thing, starts raining really hard and they.
Speaker 1: Just stop in the middle of the freeway under a bridge. Yeah.
Speaker 8: No, I would find a nice little local bridge near my house that I could either walk home from or uber home from and just go.
Speaker 1: Uh. That's that's where I will be because I can't be in the driveway club for the next twenty four hours. Oh, it wasn't enough to file acclaim. And my insurance guy hates that. I gotta switch to your guy. Yeah, get my guy. Yeah, this guy, and I really should you should? Is that hogs guy yet? What's that our insurance guy? No, no yet, but I'm working on it. Hey, check this Outkay, Andy's listen to this sentence from Andy, my good friend Andy. He says, good morning mate, I am I am yet And it's a weird thing because he and I have never made it. No, I'm sure of it. I tried DTF London. Yep, that's right, a good morning mate, I'm yet again enjoying my postmaster's morning walk in Marabella, Spain, enjoying the view of Africa and GiB Altar in the Gibraltar in the distance, while listening to Good for You. How about that he's rich? Wh is rich again? He's got Swiss bank money. But that loaded like that's sort of like like it's easy to get there from England, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean?
Speaker 8: Yeah, just like it's available to anyone and everybody. Right, I ask Andy if he's eating a lot of donuts lately? Andy going to Italy? Yeah, he's he just going to stay in Spain. Who's going to Italy? I don't know anybody you know?
Speaker 1: Ask about him?
Speaker 9: Ask him about his flight, Uh, where he's going, how he's getting there, where he's sitting.
Speaker 1: You guys need to listen to the Bets and Quotes podcast this week. It may be one of the most in depth audio deep dives on The Power Trip I've ever heard. They went back and forth between Rosie uncommon and YouTube ripping him to spreads on this show I got here for It's really well done. I don't know how long it took, but much longer than anything I've ever done. For this show.
Speaker 8: They work harder to recap our show than we do to produce hard I was like, wow, now I get all the references those guys were making.
Speaker 1: I have to the most important that almost seems like required listening at this point. The most important thing was how many times Rosie with his hand on his mouth for some reasons. Well, I don't listen to that show. I don't know, I don't I don't listen a long time.
Speaker 4: I don't know what.
Speaker 1: He doesn't listen. Yeah, he doesn't listen. He's not listening right now to this exact sentence. He's not listening listening. That's been a bit for years. He's in the Broadcast Hall of Fame.
Speaker 8: He puts his hand over his mouth when he talks, and he also then doesn't let guests use a microphone right when they're talking about sandwiches.
Speaker 1: They're off mike.
Speaker 8: You would think if you're the Broadcasters Hall of Fame, you would understand that you should let the guy talk into a microphone into what uh not your hand a microphone.
Speaker 10: So I thought the bit was the guy just didn't realize that the microphone was no.
Speaker 1: He was like over here, so Rosie was sitting where you were sitting about all the sandwiches he makes, and then he was letting him just answer.
Speaker 8: From over there over there, And then you know, Chris and others were asking questions, but the guy doesn't have headphones on.
Speaker 1: This is like the ninth time we've brought it up this month.
Speaker 8: So everything we asked him, he could hear what we were asking him in this room, but anything Chris said, the guy had no idea. So that's why we do the bit like this where it's like, hey, sir, so where is this restaurant located and how can people be involved with this roseen sandwich?
Speaker 1: No, I was talking about No, when are you? Yeah? I don't think you can hear me, sir? Why is he not by a microphone? Rosy? Let him talk into the microphone? Where what? What exit is this restaurant? Off of sir?
Speaker 8: He's just explaining the menu. He can't hear me, Rosie giving a microphone in the headsets. He doesn't have a headset. He can't hear me.
Speaker 10: Okay, so I thought I thought. I thought the bit was the mic was available to the guy. No, he just didn't understand how close you can.
Speaker 1: Rosie just didn't Budge didn't move. Wow, And again lack of self away in World.
Speaker 8: Series A Poker player of the Year Ian Mitakus was in that seat, and again he shouldn't have to leave.
Speaker 1: He was the guest anyway, Rosie wasn't booked. Ian was, Yeah, he was dropping. He brought this guy in and you guys he was.
Speaker 9: He stood out there with the sandwiches and looked at all of us and went, I guess we'll go on the air.
Speaker 8: And him and that guy walked in here and they did a twenty five minute info that I never got within three feet of a microphone.
Speaker 10: No, well, man, it's a shame because he had such good content to share.
Speaker 1: He was good. I think he was a great bit. I loved it. Hey, look it.
Speaker 8: The thing that I feel bad about is I feel bad about like the last three or four minutes. Rosie's never going to hear about this because he's clearly not listening right now. No, all right, he's not listening, No way. He's probably working out with a fitness king right now. He's not listening to us.
Speaker 1: When I was on that show, I was listening to a different show on my headphones. I never listened, you know, all in all seriousness and all seriousness. How much I love you guys. Oh, I love you too. Thank you.
Speaker 10: I'm not kidding when when I'm not even when I'm on vacation on spring break. Yeah, you guys are the first thing that I did when I woke up the morning turned it turned on my phone. Cloud was cleaning up the kitchen from the night before, put the dishes away, making big old pot of coffee, vacation coffees. The vacation coffee is the best. And nobody else was up yet, and there it was just me and you guys, and I was feeling good man. Oh and Rosie didn't hear a second of it. Nope, I agree, yep, oh thanks to my turn. Yeah, Rory McElroy won the Masters.
Speaker 8: He is the fourth player ever to repeat, joining Jack mel Faldo and Tiger.
Speaker 1: Had a six shot lead going into round three.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it looked like a runaway on after Friday put that one in from like sixty yards out.
Speaker 1: He was up six.
Speaker 9: It looked like he was gonna win by twenty and then he I think he shot one over on Saturday on Moving Day, and everybody the pack caught up to him and he pulled away late.
Speaker 1: Yeah, almost got caught by Scotti.
Speaker 8: Scheffer a one shot victory over Scheffler, who's the ghost in our bets. Scheffler is the first golfer since World War Two to go bogie free the final two rounds of the Masters. Yeah, that's kind of amazing that. Yeah, that's not all four rounds, just the last two. If that's how rare it is. Bogie free the final two rounds and he just missed that seventeen yep, yep, only one. He would have been the only one to birdie it all day. So Rory wins four point five million for first and Kevin Gorg wins four point five.
Speaker 1: Million in the Power Trip bets. Geez, it's so obvious now I should have taken him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but again, it's so rare for him to go back to that, and I would have definitely faded Rory. It's like, yeah, he got it last year, He's not going to care as much this year. It turns out he cared just as much, yep.
Speaker 1: And he's got no pressure. And your guy for life had a good weekend.
Speaker 8: Colin Well here lost in the shovel, lost in the shuffle, So Colin gets really hot. Did you guys know that Cam Young's pretty long putt on eighteen costs Sauce two hundred dollars yep? Because if Cam misses that, he drops back and ties with Morikawa.
Speaker 1: And then Sauce sneaks in to get his money back.
Speaker 8: So Cam hitting at what I don't know, ten twelve footer twelve footer yep, cost Sauce two hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Somebody hit a hole in one on Saturday, right.
Speaker 8: Nobody had him and then he was in the mix and that absolutely collapsed.
Speaker 1: So it looked like for a second.
Speaker 8: If somebody had taken Lowry, they would have had the hole in one money, and it looked like they had a chance at the whole thing. That nobody picked him. We only had two people missed the cutout of what sixteen? Do we have sixteen people?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Creasing Tommy? Well no, not Tommy. Zach that's right, Zach says he what triple bogie eighteen De Shambo did right? Melt it down? Yeah? Man, you know who melted down? My new favorite golfer, Sergio Garcia. Man, yeah, a me saust forty yards frustrated Sergio.
Speaker 11: He hits the ground and then not only you take it out on the tea box, but the driver is done for the day.
Speaker 1: What did they tell you on the fourth I'm gonna tell you. Did they give you a burning or something on the fourth? Is there a nice question? Please? I'm gonna tell you. You ever want to watch me put together something from Ikea? This is what it sounds. Forty yards.
Speaker 11: Frustrated Sergio. He hits the ground and then not only the cooler man, that's that's like.
Speaker 1: It's like the skier during the Olympics. I like throws poles and walk and it's laying down in the snow. Play that again.
Speaker 8: This is what it's gonna sound like to be in the driveway club about seventy tonight.
Speaker 11: Brilliantly frustrated Sergio, he hits the ground and then, oh god.
Speaker 1: Damn it. Does the insurance adjuster ever say, you know you have a garage, right exactly? Did the hail go through the garage?
Speaker 8: No, I'm in the driveway club, man, Well, we don't cover people in the driveway club.
Speaker 1: That's a massive garage. What's going on in there? How many cars you guys have three? How many were in the garage at the time of the hail? One? Good luck?
Speaker 5: What was it?
Speaker 1: The other two spots? Stuff? Ye would work? Couldn't you move the stuff? Nope? Nope, no stuff? You guys, don't you ask her? Been trying to move it for five years? You go, ask her?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm not you going there, man, I really, I really might have to consider putting the old blanket trick on the cars today, all the.
Speaker 1: Cars except for your wife's in the driveway.
Speaker 10: Well, my daughter's cars. She's got a soft top on her Ford Bronco. So you have to put something on the hood. And then i'd have to like cover mine, but you know my wife can. She can roll her car and yeah she's got room for her, just enough.
Speaker 8: Room for depending on the rest of how the rest of today goes. Instead of a blanket, I might just lay in my hood.
Speaker 1: Who cares. Yeah, your golf ball sized exactly on my back. On my back, shausted. That's why it bums like that, mouth open. Dude, you're braver than me. You guys.
Speaker 8: You posted that that picture of you and Louis at the swim class, and just you got balls to do that because you know you're gonna catch heat, right.
Speaker 1: Because he's topless. No, just stick because people are just me posting the picture. Yeah, exactly. What's tough about being in the pool with you? On Friday?
Speaker 9: Foster Swim School outstanding. So the first time it was just two of us. Second time it was like Eric Cedrohoman Ben Lieber combined is standing next to me and I'm as pale as I can be. I have a hunchback and I'm like falling. I tripped down the stairs getting into the pool. But uh, he loves it.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: The second time around, he got another man. They're good. It's a I'll tell you, man, I don't know why I still use social media. Like we posted for discoverstrate video of me doing pull ups, which I'm really proud of. I can do pull ups. I'm fifty five years old, right, proud of that. You would have thought that I murdered a school orphanage with just because Oh great, yeah cool man, nice grant, good job, you're tough. No, I'm just happy. I'm I love this place. I'm excited. I got you, hay, and I got savaged. I'm like, what I I didn't. I have no part of it.
Speaker 8: So my Instagram is infinitely better than Twitter. Agree, it's so much more positive.
Speaker 9: I've got Yeah, I've had some real mean things said about me, but on Twitter, on Twitter about yeah, well, the one picture my wife posted my man, boobs are pressed together like I'm doing like a photo shoot.
Speaker 10: Go on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, looked terrible. Yeah, I thought it was Dolly Parton. That's your son. Yeah, but he loves it and that's all the Yeah. Man, it's great, it's great. It's great.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 1: By the way, Andy wants us to know his flight from Ballsack by the Sea was only two hundred pounds. Stop it, so Sauce can fly there five times, like three hundred bucks. Basically, thank you, thank you, Gene.
Speaker 8: Yes, yeah, I don't know the difference between euros and pounds, and like the conversion rate two dollars.
Speaker 9: Pounds in Northern Ireland and euros is in the rest of Ireland. There's different money regular.
Speaker 1: I was thinking for a moment, by the way, that musman, even though he was lost in a cabin, he wasn't sure he was aware of might win the golf bay yesterday. Yeah, guy was really good. Right then he collapsed? Oh did he? Who was this guy? But his name was in the top five for what the lead? Yeah, lead and kind of completely crap the bed. The final nine just choked it away. That'd have been good for mussy. Yeah yeah. Will you do it again in a month? Probably? Who knows? Yeah, I don't care. I know you won't. That's fine, No being, nope being it's almost golf almost almost draft time. Brother, it's happening, it's happening. Do you hear my take earlier? Do you agree or not? I feel like the draft buzz this year is lesser than past years. I think I only agree for this just this year, just just because we know who's going draft. Yeah, it's boring, and then okay.
Speaker 10: Yeah there's there's nobody that's like really really super super polarizing, or like a position group that's super polarizing.
Speaker 1: Off here, I can tell you what position is super polarizing. The news is next. This is the power triparding chill on the fan.