Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a M five seventy l A Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary.
Speaker 2: All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros papada Gus terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe.
Speaker 1: Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 2: We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts. Now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: And here's why. Yeah, yeah you today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you see your father, then you see me.
Speaker 2: Cover cover cover Patroney five seventy l Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. You're home with the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers, your home of the Clippers.
Speaker 3: Remember that this year when the Dodgers won the World Series.
Speaker 2: That was awesome, the greatest World Series ever played. We hope you have not forgot. I am sure.
Speaker 3: Please don't forget how great it was.
Speaker 2: You will hear highlights of that event. Before the end of the calendar year years up to.
Speaker 3: Kates, they'd played Game seven all day, every day on the station.
Speaker 2: Why not, who's gonna punch out? I don't want to hear that, you know how. It ends as great a World Series game as there was in the history of America's pastime. Also as great of play by play as you could ever want. On December twenty third, while stuck in traffic awaiting an atmospheric river, Clippers v Rockets seven thirty pm tip, coming off a monster victory against the Lakers that improved their record to seven and twenty one, they will try to make it two in a row against the Kevin Durant.
Speaker 3: When Kawhi snatch a ball from the snatch a snatch a ball from Lebron, he went back and dunked it on the had a side the claw, the claw, Get out of the way, Tuka, the claw claw.
Speaker 2: That will be tonight. We do have all your football is maybe you're moving around between family units. If you want to pay attention to what was very exciting and now it's not just Joseph Smith, it's becoming much.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, you have to have a lot of games on for Joseph Smith occupy himself.
Speaker 2: Certainly thirty to forty of them. Uh, Emma, you just stay in the kitchen. That's what Marony wants. I got some business to do. Cowboys, Commanders, Lions, Vikings, Broncos Chiefs. Yeah. Unfortunately, both the Cowboys and Commanders eliminated. The Lions are barely alive by a thread that they will likely be eliminated after the contest conclude on Sunday. And of course the Chiefs are out and playing an International Pathway Program participant at quarterback. So that's kind of how things are going.
Speaker 3: He knows the path to victory.
Speaker 2: He does, does he We'll see. I don't think so. I think he think there was a fourk in a road and he took the one toward defeat.
Speaker 3: All right, Matt, mister, I'm gonna call out everybody else in the division.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just saying these were three great Christmas Day games when they were scheduled, right, The Cowboys were expected to be double digit, double digit victory. The Commanders were in the NFC Championship last year. The Lions won fifteen games last year. The Vikings won fourteen.
Speaker 3: Big hands, big feet, big disappointment, exactly. It's time for the final hour. Fun fat in effects. Yeah, we're three fun facts. Fun fact. It's a fact. Over five thousand coaches and administrators have graduated from their master's program at Concordia University, Irvine, Masters in Coaching and Athletics Administration. That program is a program long supported by the Petrosen Money Show. That's right, Yeah, Gloria no Le's find out more at CUI dot edu slash coaching.
Speaker 2: In the late seventeenth century, ornaments adorning Christmas trees first appeared. What were these ornaments? Was it Mario and Luigi balancing on a candy cane?
Speaker 3: Ooh, nope, like the Saint Louis cardinals, but instead of a bird and a bat, it's Mario and Luigi in a candy can. It's right, Oh my god, that was not available.
Speaker 2: That was not the first ornament, because I really loved that. I believe, I believe we had it on our ar tree when I was a wee lad in the seventeenth century. The ornaments were actual fruits. Apples, pears, oranges would adorn in the tree and then you would, you know, pull them off and eat them. And it was kind of cool to have a tree around the house that would bear fruit, even though the fruit was placed there not by the tree, but by the individual that owned the tree.
Speaker 3: Tight in that glass now.
Speaker 2: Or North Korea that painted rock?
Speaker 3: Oh quick? Do they have Christmas?
Speaker 2: Definitely?
Speaker 3: They don't tell them. I understand that they have Christmas in North Korea, but the ornaments are painted rocks.
Speaker 2: Well, I believe the apples and the storefronts are painted rocks. So I just assumed that the fruit that would be placed on a tree in North.
Speaker 3: North Korean experts with both you and Dennis Rodman.
Speaker 2: It's just one story. I'll never forget that someone that had infiltrated the almost impenetrable security of North Korea went into a grocery store and realized all the food in the window was just painted rocks and cardboard.
Speaker 3: I wonder what was available inside. The Lakers are nineteen and eight.
Speaker 2: I believe a punch to the head.
Speaker 3: They're in Phoenix to take on the Suns. Lebron might punch Dylan Brooks. Luca Doncic is out with a calf contusion, Austin Reeves is no bangt Oh god Ruy Hachimura has a groin injury, and the Lakers will return home on Christmas Day to face the Houston Rockets. Lebron James was asked about playing a game again to make the King play on Christmas Day.
Speaker 2: King should be able to dictate terms. Here's a schedule.
Speaker 3: Here's what he said.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, that's a better question. Was rather be at home my family. But I mean, it's a game. It's the game I love. It's the game I watched when I was a kid on Christmas Day. Watching a lot of the greatest play a game on Christmas is all you've been a hunter to play it. I was having to be complete hours. I would like to be home on the couch with my family all throughout the day, but my numbers called, our numbers calls, so we have to go out and perform and look.
Speaker 2: For sid Lebron. Remember one of the many we have in this country Yankee Cowboy Laker fans, unc Yankee Cowboy, North Carolina Laker fans, and Ohio and Clean and Ohio State and Cleveland and exactly all of those things. But so certainly Christmas, you know, was reserved for Magic Johnson and James Worthy, Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neill when he was a teenager and now Lebrot. My wife tried to romanticize this with my daughter. She said, you used to work on Christmas? Said yeah, when I worked for the Lakers, they played every single Christmas and I would leave you and the kids here and I would go to work. And Carrie was like, yeah, it was really neat. You know, you just felt like you were doing something important. I was like, you, it was really neat, That's what it was. It wasn't you crying, the kids crying, everybody being upset that I had to leave for eight hours to go call the Lakers versus Memphis Grizzlies from a studio in Burbank. That's not what it was. Oh, it was really your dad at a very important job.
Speaker 3: And now the NFL has taken their chain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how you like that? NBA? You got nothing left, man, Oh you got an Easter Way to go.
Speaker 3: Dad's talking to Isabelle on Christmas Day taking call.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: The NBA has begun to gather input from its owners and general managers of new ways to combat tanking in the aftermath of the gambling scandal that rocked the league at the start. Of the season. In recent years, multiple teams have either shut down players early or sat players for games to try to improve their draft positioning, often tied to a protected pick.
Speaker 2: Well, it just happened. Remember the Mavericks just did it. They traded Luca. They thought they were going to make a run with Anthony Davis in the playoffs. Once that disappeared, they rested everybody. They lost enough games to get into the lottery, and they end up with Cooper Flagg. It's a copycat world, and you would assume a bunch of other teams now the Clippers pick, remember, is not protected. So even if it comes in at number one, and that dude the Bansta is sitting there waiting to join Shay Gilgis Alexander and chet holmgrinning company with their two losses on the season, Yeah, that's still going to go that way. But the teams that have top ten protected lottery protected, they're the ones that start the tanking. And boy, the NBA is such a compelling product.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: I love it really is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it's slipped away in college football as as well. But mio Ia Malayalla is coming back to U see LA for the twenty twenty sixth season. He made the announcement last night on Instagram. No place like home back with my brother, same vision, same goals, same grind, locked in time to work back. Huge win for the new head coach, Bob Chesney. Bob is ready with an experienced quarterback in year one. Bob, are we ready? You're ready? Build Malayea and Nico's looking to have a bounce back gear. Make a few million dollars through for only nineteen hundred passing yards, thirteen touchdowns and seven picks last year, Bob, are we ready? He got hurt a bunch. They had a terrible head coach of Deshan Foster.
Speaker 2: I heard somebody stroke the check.
Speaker 3: Bob, are we ready? You must have.
Speaker 2: Somebody stroke the check.
Speaker 3: There's got to be somebody here in this valley. You can just stroke a.
Speaker 2: Check, stroke a twenty million dollar check. I'll make you the most famous person. Stroke a check, stroke a check, and now Io Malayava is back because someone stroked a check.
Speaker 3: There was some stroking. Oh yeah, that's right, there always is.
Speaker 2: Why wasn't Ico coming back? Why the dude in Westwood stroke the check?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I did an interesting lawsuit to keep an eye on that could at the transfer portal and nil moving forward because we're all locked into it. Missouri d n Damon Wilson is suing the Georgia Athletic Association and Collective after they said he owed nearly three one hundred and ninety thousand dollars after he transferred to Maszoo.
Speaker 2: So they paid him to play at Georgia. He's like, I'm out of here. I'm going to play at missoo m i z.
Speaker 3: Z ou oh I said it. I swear to god. I never thought he would.
Speaker 5: They only paid him thirty thousand dollars of the five hundred thousand he was promised. But George is so upset. They say that he owes them money for damages.
Speaker 3: But it's nil. Once you give the guy the money, it doesn't matter. Fall off this coat a press. That's why they closed that later portal, so this kind of stuff wouldn't happen. But from what I understand was.
Speaker 2: So this is like Arnold Schwarzenegger playing the role of mister Miyagi backing out and then then being like, hey man, you ruined our movie. We had to go get Pat Marita to play this. You owe us five hundred grand because we were counting on you. That's why we stroke the check to get you in here to do it. When you say no, it affects the success that we're going to have.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: But once you pay one of these guys in the NIL world, the way it's rude worded, it's to be hard to retrieve your money. Georgia says that he needs to repay the remaining ballance of the NIL contract, but he never got the money that he signed a year ago. It was all liquidated damages.
Speaker 5: When they're claiming he got thirty thousand dollars, that's it, that's it left. But they're still saying you owed that money that we were gonna promise you, right, and he's counter sealings say no, no, no no. When I transferred out, you guys bad mouthed me and told other teams that.
Speaker 3: I think I think Georgia is screwed on this one.
Speaker 6: Guys.
Speaker 2: It's like when Lou Farigno was cast to play mister Meo.
Speaker 3: That's I remember that they got stuck with Pat Marita.
Speaker 2: It would have been a movie.
Speaker 3: Andy Kaufman with the Colts losing last night, the Bills, the Jags and The Chargers have officially cunched playoff first dogs. Ten or fourteen spots have been claimed Dogeorges, including five teams who didn't make it in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, we need is one more for it to be the six in six out.
Speaker 3: The Broncos, the Pats. They've also clenched, nailing down five of the seven AFC berths. Well, who's left the remaining spots? Okay, we'll go to the AFC North champions. That's the Steelers or the banged up Ravens.
Speaker 2: Steelers already two games up on the Ravens with two to play, and Aaron Rodgers is laughing, Oh, why do you think I came here for games like this?
Speaker 3: And the third wild card position? The Colts or the Texans.
Speaker 2: You hear Philip Rivers call out that protection when the mic was hot. You see that and you see them audible out of it. Yeah, quarterbacks don't do that, I know, you know, but Philip was out there doing it. He can really see, you can see it'd take note, Take note, young quarterbacks in the NFC.
Speaker 3: Teams have also clenched. The Seahawks, the Eagles, the Rams, the Bears, and the Niners. Who's left the final spots are the South champions that's the Buccaneers or the Panthers.
Speaker 2: What's up with that bear over there?
Speaker 3: Surper, Yeah, what's up with that? It's not a bear Panther?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I guess that makes sense.
Speaker 3: We are the Panthers and the final wildcard team Packers or Lions.
Speaker 2: Maybe the Lions. You know, we'll have them here as that middle game on Christmas Day. You got no Jordan Love probably gonna miss the game with the concussion. So much to Tim Kates, part owner of the Packers chagrin.
Speaker 3: We don't hear a lot of Kates owns the Packers anymore?
Speaker 2: Did he did he gift his share away?
Speaker 3: Or no? No, no, no, he doesn't take us much pride.
Speaker 2: Still own it, still there, still there, still.
Speaker 3: A cheese head at heart.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Rams are eleven and four, they're the Faiths Food. They're in Atlanta on Monday Night. Take on the Falcons. In week seventeen, let's go Rams. The Chargers are eleven and four home on Saturday versus the Houston Texans. There's a storm brewin in more ways than one.
Speaker 2: Got a pair of tickets to give away on the five seventy LA Sports Instagram page. By the way, if you want to head over there, like tag a friend and follow at am five seventy LA Sports, you could find yourself inside Sofi Stadium for a playoff like Atmosphere competition at one thirty pm.
Speaker 3: Here's Jim Harbaugh's weekly press conference, brought to you by Valveally. An incident oil change Hump of the fifteen minute oil change. It's stay in your car service, find a location near you. It't socow oil change dot com.
Speaker 1: You guys are excellent this week.
Speaker 7: On Wednesday, we are uh, just the prediction of the heavy rain, you know, up to four inches possibly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you went out the division. What does that mean to be in that position this late?
Speaker 6: To have that opportunity?
Speaker 7: This game Saturday against the Texans is the most important game of the year, and getting guys, getting guys fresh, getting guys ready, getting guys prepared is.
Speaker 5: Top of mind.
Speaker 2: What do you think from him come back?
Speaker 7: He's uh, he's great. You know, I always thought that since since I watched him as you know is uh playoffs of his senior year in person, Like this guy's going, this guy's got it. Uh, he's just just always been. He's always been that guy and uh you know same just huge, huge, huge talent.
Speaker 6: But uh but also I will say this, like like the one of the great guys, one of just the nicest person uh, very similar to Derwin James in their in their personality, I mean just real gentlemen, nice to everybody.
Speaker 7: You know, treats everybody with respect. That's a that's a quality. No matter what somebody can do for you, it can't do for you to watch watch those two treat everybody. Uh well, uh, just always admired that about c J and and Derwin's the same way and player and one of the one of the top quarterbacks in the in the National Football League.
Speaker 3: And how about the Pro Bowl something everybody loves Matt Aloha.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chargers got five. Way to go, Cam Dicker certainly deserving, Tully Touoy Polotu, who has been the best defensive end in football over the last month with his thirteen sacks on the season, Derwin James a couple special teamers in there as alternates. Joe alt made it as a Pro Bowler even though he played five games, but those were five incredible games that he played.
Speaker 3: So the five best games ever played by a tackle ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know, when you kind of look at it that way, certainly makes a lot of sense. The Chargers, like we said, had five. The Rams had four, including Matthew Stafford, Vikings, Jets and Saints the only teams with zero selection.
Speaker 3: We hope that everybody has a great Christmas. Aloha and mahalo. We hope that everybody has a wonderful New Year. A big thank you to Tim Kaks, our tireless executive producer, and our sound engineer, Ronnie Fossil is not what I read, nich. Thank you to everybody who participates listens podcasts. Thank you for being a friend. Check be safe during the holiday. We shall return for our twentieth year in twenty twenty six. The pet shows and Mom this show. We'll be back one tomorrow. Hi, unless it's Frideday. Check out this crunchy good say good night to be ms. Check out this crunchy