Speaker 1: Mojoe in the morning.
Speaker 2: So I went to Walmart to pick up a few things I had, like a list of stuff I had to get. So I was hanging out at the Walmart on Pontiac Trail Nice to be specific, which is actually a nice Walmart. It always has whatever I need. I feel like Walmart gets underrated with stuff everybody likes to do the whole. I'm a Target person, and actually there's two reasons why I didn't go to Target yesterday. Number One, I was close to the Walmart and I had already passed the Target.
Speaker 1: Number Two, I was wearing khakis and a red and Chelsea.
Speaker 2: Every time I wear that, Chelsea goes, you look like you're working at Target, and I'm like, I can't walk into Target looking like this. They will think I got a side hustle going. So I'm at Walmart and I encountered something that I have never tried. But I want to know if there are any of our listeners or you guys that have ever tried it. Have you guys ever gone to whatever your favorite store is, this is Walmart and done your own version of Walmart's layaway?
Speaker 1: Have you ever.
Speaker 2: Found an item that you wanted but didn't want to buy it at the time, so you grabbed it off of the shelf, knowing that it might not be there if you come back. Took it to a completely different area of the store and hit it behind things like the camping equipment, the tents, yeah.
Speaker 1: The weights, the weights.
Speaker 2: You know, you go to that area of the walmart and you hit it there because one day you were going to say, you know what, if I come back, it's here. If i'm you know, come back and it's not there, then at least I gave it a good, you know try.
Speaker 3: I've done this before, have you. I don't know if I left, because y'all know I'm terrible with my wallet. I don't know if it was a situation where I left it at home, or maybe I just didn't have enough money that time or whatever.
Speaker 1: But I remember.
Speaker 3: Josiah wanted a specific sonic toy and we were going through Target.
Speaker 1: We were looking at the games.
Speaker 3: We were in that al and I saw this sonic toy and for whatever reason, I couldn't get it at that time. But I took that Sonic toy and put it behind the weights to get to the wait section. But about like a big guy's medicine ball and chipping back like a couple of days later it was still there.
Speaker 2: Now I have gone into stores where I found an item I'm like, and I leave it because I go, Okay, this is their.
Speaker 1: Layoway for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: See, I don't necessarily do it like a Target or Walmart, but I have definitely done this before with clothing stores at the mall where I can't decide, I'm like, do I want this or do I not? Let me just go check one more store.
Speaker 1: So what I'll do.
Speaker 5: Is take the item, like if it's a T shirt and move it. Like usually the sales section is just a mishmash, and so if you put it in there, you know it's safe. And if I decide like, oh no, I actually want that one, you know, then you can go back to the store and get it.
Speaker 2: Can I also tell you what I do for a guy that sometimes has trouble finding my size. If there's a double X, and you know how the hangars have the actual I will switch.
Speaker 1: It with another one.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, so I'll take the medium and the double X, and then the guy then that gets the double X hanger and goes, ah, it's a medium.
Speaker 1: He never goes and looks for.
Speaker 3: These, yeah, which I literally was at Target two days ago and looked at like some jogging pants they had and it was like an extra large, but it was like on a medium, like anger or something like that.
Speaker 2: It was I'll see what you're doing. Which one were you looking for? You're not looking for him? No extra lars though, but I was looking through.
Speaker 3: I looked through all of them notes up because it happens in that situation where maybe the hangers are misplayed.
Speaker 2: Yeahourjo live eight four four six six five six five four eight.
Speaker 1: What's up Jamie? How you doing?
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 4: I wanted to say, so, my daughter, anytime we go in the store, she wants every single thing she comes across. So I told her to hide it and then we'll come back later and buy it. So she just goes around hiding random things and random places in the store.
Speaker 1: Does she always remember? Does she ever forget?
Speaker 4: She She will tell me like the next morning, like, oh, should we go on to Target to get whatever, like whatever was her favorite toy or whatever her favorite item was that she hit. She'd be like, oh can we go get that? And I'm like, oh, yeah, later we just we never go.
Speaker 2: But yeah, people at the stores get mad at this, like it's really gotta be Are you upset because eventually it's gonna get bought?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I want to know call us a for for Mojo Live.
Speaker 5: You know what's so frustrating about it is, And I'll use Target as the example because I frequent Target so often. Is if I look in the app and see, like, Okay, there's this lego set I want to buy for Lucy and it says they have two in stock, or they have one left in stock.
Speaker 1: Okay, you go.
Speaker 5: To the aisle and I'm like, where in the actual it says there's one left in stock and it's that I'm like, someone probably took it, and I'm guilty of doing it. So I'm being a hypocrite here. But I'm like, they say it's here, but it's definitely not here.
Speaker 1: What's up? Nick?
Speaker 7: First time? Long time?
Speaker 6: No jurdy?
Speaker 7: You sound way different on the phone. I'm just going to say that right now.
Speaker 1: Oh really, do I sound either more sultrier than I norm? I want to know where else your voice.
Speaker 7: Just on the radio. I used to work at home depot and uh after Christmas time all the things would go on sale, so we would hide them and wait until they went on a full discount, because they would drop a bunch of times.
Speaker 1: As a worker, you would hide them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't.
Speaker 7: I don't work there anymore, so I'm good.
Speaker 2: I could see where they would do that. You know that you got a full day's work. You don't want somebody coming in there and buying it, you know, put it in a bucket or in a toilet.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know for sure.
Speaker 1: We put them in the rafters nick rafters.
Speaker 2: In any time that you were at home depot working, did you ever see anybody use one of the toilets the demonstration toilets?
Speaker 7: Uh No, but a lot of people would return them after they were used up.
Speaker 2: You can see the ring around the tub there. What's up, Dosha?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 6: First time, long time.
Speaker 8: Thanks.
Speaker 6: So whenever I go to Walmart, especially with my kids, and they want something, and I always make a deal with them, you know, I'll buy it for you later, I find the ugliest suitcase and hide it in there.
Speaker 1: That's genius.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and nobody want nobody wants it. So yeah, we go a few days later and then and then we have our item. She would shout out to my husband munch.
Speaker 9: Or if someone dies the suitcase and gets a surprise inside.
Speaker 2: By the way, hey doh, and do this for me. Because Shannon was talking about, you know, the Target by her house. Don't sleep on Walmart. I'm not gonna lie to yet. I've never been like a big Walmart guy. All right, I'm you know the people of Walmart. I did not want to be on that website at all.
Speaker 6: Do you know I shop at Walmart all the time.
Speaker 7: It's gotten better Target.
Speaker 2: I swear to you, it's gotten better. And I couldn't believe. I'm like, I walked around Walmart. So I'm on the phone with Chelsea and Chelsea's there and we're going to and I'm like, Chelsea, I can't believe it. They got this, they got this. And she goes, it's a Walmart, like every like the world shops at Walmart. And I go, I know, but I haven't been to a Walmart, you know, in like forever. But like, it's gotten so much better. Thank you for the calls. You would like to live in a Walmart?
Speaker 1: No, I wish that.
Speaker 9: They were still open twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: I got it's the one by my house. Not open twenty four hours or those people. A lot of the stuff closing at ten. The parking lots packed though in the morning it's a It.
Speaker 9: Was like my favorite thing to do in high school. We would go there at like midnight, hang out around.
Speaker 1: Are Meyers still open twenty four I don't.
Speaker 3: Think ten o'clock is allowed to cut off tom oh, God, even a grocery stores.
Speaker 1: Hold on a second. Here, she's got this name spelled c L e Ve.
Speaker 2: And then it's in print imprint sesus says like Steve, but with a cle.
Speaker 1: Try it like Steve with a Steve. What's your name?
Speaker 10: My name's Cleeve, just like Steve with a kl.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, are you your first time? Gotta be yeah, first time? What's going on? What I like to do?
Speaker 11: If I if I like going to the store and I see something I want and I'm like, man, I don't have enough cash to buy that, what I'll do is I'll walk over to one of the bottom shelves and I'll lift it up and tuck it u underneath it and set the shelf back down.
Speaker 1: It's like a little cubby underneath there.
Speaker 2: That's so smart. People have like the greatest things. What's up? Amanda High sounds like, guy, what's going on?
Speaker 8: So what you do is you take whatever item it is that you don't want anyone to find, and you go over to the bedding aisle where all the big giant bedding sets and pillows are and hide it in the very back and literally no one.
Speaker 1: Will ever area.
Speaker 8: That's a really good it works every time, it's never failed me.
Speaker 2: That's great, and dosis is still great. The inside the ugliest piece of luggage. What's going on, Melanie?
Speaker 10: Oh my goodness. Apparently I am messing up people's layaway plans. So I'm that crazy person that goes into the clothing stores and rearranges the racks so that the things are where they're.
Speaker 7: Supposed to be.
Speaker 1: Do you really you're doing work at the store?
Speaker 10: You do?
Speaker 1: You just do it on your own.
Speaker 10: My kids think I'm nuts, Yeah, but I do.
Speaker 2: It's you know what it is, you're a mom like order, Yeah, like order exactly.
Speaker 10: It's just it should be here. And I thought it was, you know, I was doing them a favor. But apparently I'm really messing with people's lay away plans, screwing it up.
Speaker 2: By the way, Christmas, I was just thinking about this Melanie, the person that goes and buys a piece of luggage and then gets arrested for shop lifting this.
Speaker 1: Stuff that's inside of Can you imagine you are in the mall security office.
Speaker 2: I swear to you I cannot know.
Speaker 1: It was an Indian lady named