Speaker 1: This is the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon Roundtable Show, Look From Look Next, presented by Postman Law. Brought to you in part by On the East and On the East Power Equipment Dealer, Skyline Chili feeling good. It's Skyline time. R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider, your tri state Chevy Dealers, Chevrolet, the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for the past nine years. Chevrolet Together, Let's drive Postman Law Injured call eight four to four Postman Others promise, Postman delivers and by Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon five one three five one three t oph On seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get it go on six oh seven, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: It's Thursday night.
Speaker 2: We must be at the Roundtable show Long Next in Wilder two hours to unfold between now at eight Lance McAllister Rocky Boyman. For the record, we did not confer before. Both wearing our Georgia state hats. Tonight, Georgia, Southern Georgia, Southern. I'm sorry, Georgia Southern.
Speaker 4: You know, if you make that mistake on air, you will get hate mail from Georgia.
Speaker 2: Our Georgia Southern hats. Yes that you got me very d again. Yeah, where we're We're doubling up on them tonight Rock Sunday. I felt good at what they marched down the field on their opening drive, and then they do it on their second drive and their third drive, and they have touchdowns on the first three drives and they led. When they led twenty eight to eighteen, when Joe found Mike Aziki in the back of the end zone, I'm thinking they are actually going to pull this off. And even even after twenty one answered by the Bills, when they got Josh Allen and the Bills to third and fifteen, I'm thinking they're going to get a stop here and Joe Burrow is going to win this game in the snow, and it will be odd and then it will off.
Speaker 4: It was off, and the defense kind of crept back up as the detriment of this team. Obviously Burrow throwing the interceptions was a big one, but I think the big story the defense. We want to believe it's getting better. Maybe it's better, but it's not where it needs to be.
Speaker 2: They just have a way of doing one thing. Whether it's Miles Murphy taking it inside rush and leaving the outside, or it's a hands to the face penalty by DA's Hill, or it's just Barrett Carter taking a wrong step a bad angle.
Speaker 3: They just have a way.
Speaker 2: They'll do something as you said, you think all right, and then they'll do something.
Speaker 3: You say, you got to be kidding me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And as we always or I always talk about, they just don't have the explosiveness to make up. You're gonna have hands with the face penalties. You're gonna have a guy out of his lane. But you need some of those guys that just close the door, just shut the door right there, and they don't have them.
Speaker 2: Now, I will say this, I have a scenario for you Rock. Are you ready for the scenario? If there's a lot of ink on that pay, Yes, the Bengals went out.
Speaker 3: This isn't far fetched, is it?
Speaker 2: If the Bengals went out and the Steelers have to lose three of their last four and the Ravens have to lose two of their last four, that's not impossible.
Speaker 4: That's not impossible.
Speaker 2: But here's some context to that we're saying the Bengals have to win out, so they have to win four games in four tries. So far they've won four games in thirteen tries, so we sensed the problem. Yes, it's one thing to say just went out well. That would require matching their win total to this point in the entire season, So we shall see. Can I do some headlines so we can go yes, far away? All right, let's start. Bengals go to work. We're back at work today on the Ravens and for Sunday's matchup at pay Cort T. Higgins, still in concussion protocol, was limited at practice. Shamar Stewart was a full go. More from Trags coming up in a couple of minutes. Bengals plays Trey Hendrickson on the reserve injured list with a hip pelvis injury. He had played seven games this season. Steelers pass rusher TJ. Watt is in a Pittsburgh hospital for lung evaluation after experiencing discomforted practice yesterday.
Speaker 3: Excuse me.
Speaker 2: His status for Monday's game against the Dolphins. Getting all choked up is in question. Four Bearcats earned All Big twelve honors from the Associated Press. Linebacker Jake Goldey offensive lineman, Evan ten Guestahl and were placed on the first team, while Joe Cotton offensive lineman and Dante Corleone defensive lineman both received spots on the second team. Former Michigan football coach Arn Moore, who remains in custody as a suspect and an alleged assault. He's expected to appear in court for a raiment on Friday, fired yesterday after an internal investigation revealed an improper relationship with a staff member.
Speaker 3: He was taken into custody last night.
Speaker 2: Thursday Night Football Falcons at the Buccaneers eight fifteen on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. The NFL, by the way, is shortening the time between draft picks in the first round. Teams will now have eight minutes instead of ten minutes. College basketball, he gets back in action Saturday night or Saturday afternoon in Atlanta at State Farm Arena. They take on Georgia in the Holiday Hoops Giving Talk Bearcats tonight after us on The West Miller Show. Baseball single game tickets red spring training home games go on sale tomorrow at noon. Reds dot Com Slash Spring twenty twenty six Cactus League play begins on Saturday, February twenty first versus the Guardians at Goodyear Ballpark. They are scheduled to play seventeen games at Goodyear Ballpark, including a World Baseball Classic exhibition versus Cuba, and two games as the visiting team against the Guardians. The Braves bolstered their bullpend today they signed Podrey's National Lakes save leader Robert Swarez to a three year forty five million dollar deal, Atlanta Ink to icell Igalacias to a one year, sixteen million dollar deal. About two weeks ago, at FC Cincinnati, assistant Dominic Kinnear has departed the club after four seasons.
Speaker 3: Those are your headlines, all right?
Speaker 2: We have the following tonight, the the cast of usual cast of characters minus Greg. Unfortunately, the high school football season is over, but we'll talk with Trags Mike Petralia from c l NS Media at six twenty. We'll talk with Chad Brendle at seven o six. On the Bearcats front, we'll talk with Dan Klaskins at seven fifty. We got into you gotta get into what Joe Burrow said. You'll hear a little bit of it. We'll react to it. We'll talk about the release of Jermaine Burton, We'll talk about Rocky playing against perhaps Sunday starting quarterback for the Indianapolis Colts, and preview the Baltimore Ravens. All of that is ahead. He's Rocky on Lance. We're at Long Necks and Wilder. Plenty of time for you to get here hang out with us tonight see Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Tope Sheldon Round Table Show, Long Necks and Wilder and presented by Postman Law seven hundred w l W six seven HUNDREDLW The Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Tope Sheldon Round Table Show. Hanging at It Long Next he at Wilder, Lance, McAlister, Rocky Boyman. It's all brought to you in part by Hawksworth Blood Centers, Hawksworth Donors, Save.
Speaker 3: Lives Close to Home. Who will you say?
Speaker 2: Let's turn to our feature guest every week at this time, he's all over the Bengals for cl nscincywithy dot com. Host of the wildly popular Jungle Roar podcast on YouTube.
Speaker 3: That would be Mike Petralia.
Speaker 2: How are you.
Speaker 5: I'm doing well, Lanced Rocky. Been kind of an eventful week at pay Corpse stadium with regard to a certain quarterback. Lots of speculation out there about what was said, what he meant to say, and I'm sure we're going to get into that, but it's never a dull moment when you're on the Bengals feet, that is for sure.
Speaker 2: No doubt, and a perfect segue to the obvious first question. You were in the room yesterday, in the moment, you ask a great follow up question to Joe and just kind of as you pay time to process and think about it over the last twenty four hours, what did you make of Joe Burrow's reflections on life and career yesterday?
Speaker 5: Well, it's always dangerous business in our industry lands to read body language and then draw a conclusion based on that body language. But certainly there was something on Joe's mind, and my question was right to the point, was it football related?
Speaker 6: Was it personal? And he said all of the above.
Speaker 5: Well to me, if it was just purely personal, I think he would have led on to that. I don't think he was playing forty chess in terms of trying to disguise something in his personal life by saying it was both football and personal. I think he was legitimately he had some things on his mind that were struggling. I think is a fair word. He was very much not himself. He was very distracted when he entered that room yesterday, and it became apparent, you know, he kind of gage short, very truncated answers to the questions that were being asked, and then eventually it just got to the point where I was wondering, Okay, is this football related? Is it personal? And when he said that, I think there was a point a madness, a method to his madness, I should say. And I don't think Joe ever answers anything by accident. I always think there's a purpose to his answers. And I think he's been very bothered by this season from a professional level, certainly with the team being four and nine, him doing everything in his power to get back and play, and you know, they win their first game back with him at the helm. Maybe he should have played against the Patriots, maybe not, And then they blow the game last week against Buffalo, and you know, barring a miracle, Burrow is going to miss the playoffs for a third straight year. But he also brought up the fact that he's been through so much more so than other quarterbacks in the NFL, and he's been through so much and he still wants to play. And that's something that Jamar Chase pointed out today in his gathering with the media.
Speaker 6: And you know, Jamarrow was giving.
Speaker 5: It to us, saying, you guys are always trying to create some type of narrative, always trying to stir the pot. And we came back at Jamar saying, no, we just want to know if you have any perspective that could clarify the matter. And he told us today, all I can tell you is Joe Burrows still loves football. He still loves preparing, He loves the whole act of coming in to the building and getting ready to play the game.
Speaker 6: This coming Sunday.
Speaker 5: So that was the perspective from Jamar Chase today and I think it was good perspective.
Speaker 6: In the end. I don't think Joe Burrow's trying to shoot himself out of town. I would never go that far. I think he was just having a rough day and there was a lot on his mind.
Speaker 4: So let's dive into that further. You know, Joe is I think very good with his power of persuasion. Right when he uses the microphone to kind of get things that he wants. So did you see it more as hey, this is a guy that's really kind of down on his luck and everything. Or was he using this, as you know, kind of as a message to the front office, like, hey, man like you, we got to do something to build this franchise back here or else kind of deal.
Speaker 6: I would say the latter, Rocky.
Speaker 5: He certainly did it last year with Sea and Jamar, more so with t because I think the Jamar stuff was the FATA complay that had to be done.
Speaker 6: But I think when he.
Speaker 5: Brought Tea into the mix and said, we really need both of these guys back if the offense is going to be or what I think it can be and what I think we all know it can be.
Speaker 6: So he's done it before.
Speaker 5: I do think there's some credibility to what you're suggesting, Rocky, that.
Speaker 6: He may have been laying a very.
Speaker 5: Subtle message, a very subtle groundwork in terms of I'm not happy.
Speaker 6: I think you can read it in my body language.
Speaker 5: We have got to get our act together, cleaning it up a little bit there. Got to get our act together and make sure that this doesn't happen next year. I would love to ask, and he's never going He's going to say. If I asked the question, what kind of changes do you want to see happen, He's going to say.
Speaker 6: My job is to play football.
Speaker 5: I lead the football decisions to the football people. That's what he said last year, and I don't think there's any reason he would change that messaging publicly.
Speaker 6: But behind closed doors, I'm sure he is.
Speaker 5: You know, either has or will let Katie, Troy, Mike and certainly Duke all know where what he feels about the current situation.
Speaker 2: Traig's also believe it was you that asked him about keeping his finger on the pulse of the energy in the locker room now at four and nine. Do you sense any wavering this week now at four and nine, with the decks so stacked against this team.
Speaker 6: I don't, And that's a great question.
Speaker 4: Lance.
Speaker 5: You know, sometimes again with the body language and the atmosphere when you read it in the locker room and the players are listening to music and relaxing, and you know, people aren't really quiet and somber. You could take that. If you're from the outside, you could take that as well. These guys don't take their job seriously. They're not upset like the fans are upset. But then you take a step back and you realize, and Rocky, I'm sure you can speak to this. It's their job, and you can't be serious twenty four hours a day. You can't be upset twenty four hours a day. You waste too much and you expend too much energy being upset. So you do your job to the best of your ability.
Speaker 6: In the morning, you go out, you have a good practice, could walk through.
Speaker 5: Whatever, and then you come back in the locker room and unwind for half an hour.
Speaker 6: There's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 5: But what Joe Burrow told me yesterday was the fact that he likes the energy. He likes the way everybody is working hard to get better, and I think that's significant. I think the fact that Joe Burrow made a point of saying that the energy in the locker room is in a good place is indicative of what he feels about, at least the mental approach to the players there at the talent level, and perhaps the positions they are being put in during a game. Maybe that's a different matter and subject altogether.
Speaker 4: Try I'm not sure if he has been officially ruled out or not, but he's been in a concussion protocol. What's and now you know, no Jermaine Burton. Not that that's a big deal when it comes to that, but any word on how his role is going to be filled what other players may be more in the mix this week.
Speaker 5: So he was again limited today, Rocky, and that means he's pretty much in the same spot he was last week. If he can get if he can clear protocol by the time you know, tomorrow ends and he goes through the Friday practice at full participation, he could be cleared in theory to go on Sunday. And I think there's a misperception that the team has a lot to do with this. I don't think they do. It's more a medical decision. And if the player feels ready to go and and he has been cleared medically to go, meaning he is non symptomatic, then it's up to the.
Speaker 6: Player to play. And if he wants to play, he'll play.
Speaker 5: And you know, some people may think that's reckless for the team.
Speaker 6: To let him go out and play, but again, if the.
Speaker 5: Player feels like he is asymptomatic and feels fine to play, then he's going to play I do. I am sympathetic to those who believe that this guy's come off one concussion and symptoms of a second, and there is a fine life.
Speaker 6: There is some.
Speaker 5: You know, medical innuendo there in discernment to be taken into consideration the difference between the two. But he had one concussion and he had symptoms of a second. And if you know, the team is cautious, maybe they hold him out. But again, I think the final decision is up to T Higgins.
Speaker 2: Trags, you were all over all of this for more, tell listeners how they can read, watch and follow.
Speaker 6: All right, telling us Simpson with a Y dot Com.
Speaker 5: I'm going to have a column up for tonight's Flash tomorrow morning regarding what Jamar Chase said today and taking twenty four hours to kind of digest, like we said at the top of the conversation about what Joe Burrow said on One today. That column will be up on Stealing Us since with a Y dot Com. We'll also have the preview up for this weekend's Ravens Bengals game. You can follow all of my content on the act, including locker room interviews, at Trags. T rgs and of course the Jungle War Bengals.
Speaker 6: Podcast page that is at YouTube dot com slash Jungle War Pod.
Speaker 2: Love it, Thank you trags. We'll talk next week.
Speaker 6: All right, gentlemen, take care we'traw.
Speaker 2: You trags all over it on the Bengals beat. We'll take a time. I'll get a check on news still ahead. You'll hear a little bit of what Joe said yesterday and then we'll react to it.
Speaker 3: That is next.
Speaker 2: It's the Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Tope Showdon Roundtable Show, Long Next in Wilder the spot. It's presented by Postman Law seven hundred WLW six thirty eight seven hundred WLW The Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Tope showd in round Table Show. We're at Long Necks in Wilder, presented by Postman Law. Brought to you in part by Ever Dry water Proofing. It's not dry till it's ever dry. Lance McAlister, Rocky boymen, the gangs all here, Mike Mills here to our left, Joe Waddell back in the studio. Fran and lovely wife Phyllis are here. Franz decked out in a long neck shirt. He'll be serving a little bit later on, just to be making his way around and delivering drinks. And look at that Phyllis is on the phone. You know, I'm paying attention to this all the time. Ultimate just wow, she's a mover and shaker. She's she's just got people to talk to. I agree. Yesterday, the much discussed Joe Burrow. Let's listen to about a minute and ten seconds of what he said, and then let's react to what he said. So I like a play. Here's Joe Burrow yesterday.
Speaker 7: I want to keep doing this. I have to have fun doing it. You know, I've been through a lot, and if it's not fun, then what am I doing it for? So mindset, I'm trying to bring to the table how much right now?
Speaker 4: So all to have fun?
Speaker 2: And then the season would've been through, physically, emotionally, all of it.
Speaker 6: And certainly did you.
Speaker 4: Have fun playing with you? I mean, how much of it was fun?
Speaker 2: Before?
Speaker 6: Wins?
Speaker 4: Always fun?
Speaker 2: But in general, was it was fun before you got hurt?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 6: I wouldn't say.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't say you did it that way?
Speaker 4: I think I'm not sure.
Speaker 7: I'm not sure there was a singular moment or of time. It's just a reflection, reflection on a lot of things that I've done and been.
Speaker 9: Through in my career.
Speaker 7: I think I've been through more than most and certainly not easy on the the brain or the body. So it's trying to have fun doing.
Speaker 2: Anything you've seen like the something on the line. And maybe I'm written too much into it, but it seems frustrated.
Speaker 7: There's a lot of things going on right now. A lot of things going on right now, all related personally, all the above.
Speaker 3: Joe Burrow yesterday.
Speaker 2: It's led to a great deal of speculation and conversation. I think the easy knee jerk default is to tie him now to either Carson Palmer or Andrew Lucky. That's that's the very easy thing to do. I just I would say this, he was clearly yesterday on his twenty ninth birthday, he was clearly taking inventory of his life and mentally and physically how he feels on his twenty ninth birthday. And there's a lot going on with Joe Burrow right now. I'm not going to make it more than that. I'm not going to make it less than that, But clearly it was a day of reflection for Joe Burrow about a lot of important stuff in his life.
Speaker 4: We all do it, right, especially when things are kind of down. We reassess and where am I, Why am I feeling this way? What do I have to do to make it better? And like you said, there's a lot of things going on, you know, the you know, the injuries the last couple of years. You know, third straight year Bengals probably aren't going to playoff twenty ninth birthday, right, You always kind of reassess things as you're approaching thirty, like any human does. And I think the biggest thing is just the fact that you know, it's tough to play this game when you're not healthy, and he hasn't been healthy for a full year in a long time, right, and and it's mentally draining and physically draining in and of itself. And then you got the losing season, and when you're doing all that, and you're also getting up in five thirty and going to rehab and you're playing with some kind of weird thing in your shoe and it doesn't quite feel right that that that is. It's tough day and day, and.
Speaker 2: You you make it all the way back with the expectation I'm going to you know, elevate us and maybe save the season, and you win the first game, and then they were winning on Sunday and then they weren't and he threw two interceptions. Yeah, you pile there's all that, all those chips into the middle, and you understand why it was. It was a heavy sounding at times, almost maybe a dark conversation yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, and again I think it's it's completely honest for him to go through that. Yeah. I don't think he's sounding the alarms that he wants to leave. I do think he's been a little bit calculating in it, and by sharing that in a way telling the front office, hey, look, you know, I'm twenty nine. Soon he'll be thirty. Yep. Thirty is kind of the line of hey, you're no longer a young player. And I think he also is seen. I think the biggest thing lance to add to all that is he's looking forward to what's coming next year and he's not seeing some radical shift, some great amount of change where this defense in particular is going to get a lot better.
Speaker 2: I think he's it'd be one thing if this season was if we say, for all practical purposes, they've been eliminated. It'd be one thing if he could look in the look down the road and see, well, next season we will be back to where we.
Speaker 4: Need to be.
Speaker 2: I think he's looking saying, well, crap, I'm already worried about next season to a large extent.
Speaker 4: Well, you act like that when you like you don't have any hope. And if he were looking at this and this was a say it was a defense where three impact players were hurt and they're you know, season ending injuries, but boy don't be back, and that gives you hope when there's something good coming down the line, I think he's saying, look at I don't see this defense getting any better in one cycle.
Speaker 2: Now I want to bring something up, and I'm gonna preface this by saying, because you know how I feel. People Sometimes people they don't want to they don't want to read, or they don't want to.
Speaker 3: Listen, and they just want to.
Speaker 2: They just want to. I've now adjusted to people are so quick to want to say something more than they want to listen or learn something.
Speaker 3: They just want to say something.
Speaker 2: It isn't So I'm gonna I'm gonna stress that when I say this, I was curious after what Joe said yesterday, because to me, there were words that kind of caught my ear and I went back today. I'm treading very lightly here. I know where you're going. I listened to Andrew Luck's press conference when he retired.
Speaker 3: He was twenty nine years old.
Speaker 2: It was August of twenty six team, and I circled some phrasing he used. And I'm not tying Joe to a decision like this. I'm just saying I was struck by how Joe reflected on his life yesterday is very similar to how Andrew Luck was reflecting on his the day he made the announcement what he said quote. For the last four years or so, I've been in this cycle of injury pain rehab, injury pain rehab, and it's been unceasing, unrelenting, both in season and off season, and I felt stuck in it. The only way I see out is to no longer play football. I'm in pain, I'm still in pain. It's taken the joy out of the game. And after twenty sixteen, I made about of myself that I would not go down that path again. I've come to the proverbial fork in the road, and I made about of myself that if I ever did it again, I'd choose me. In a sense, part of my journey going forward will be figuring out how to feel better. Those are some pretty powerful words from Andrew Lucky in all that he was considering with his life, and and it's why I wanted to I just wanted to see where he was coming from and what words he was using. And I don't use this to sound alarms, but there's a lot of reflection he was doing that I heard Joe Burrow doing yesterday.
Speaker 4: Well, I think it's similar to that.
Speaker 2: The rehab, the pain, the discycle.
Speaker 4: A lot of the same things. But I think also at that point, Angela didn't have hope. He didn't have hope the offensive line was ever going to be fixed because he had seven eight years. Great boy never seemed to happen, yep. So he was at his wits end. And I think while Burrow may not be there, I think there's the danger that this keeps up a little, you know, just a little bit longer. He could go to that place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I mean, you we talked about it before, and you've rehabbed injuries. I just I can't imagine the mental drake. Forget about the physical drain, the mental drain of having to rehab returning injury, rehab returning injury, and just feel like like you're on the the the hamster wheel, and it never it never changed.
Speaker 4: To A much smaller example would be like for you if every before every show, like you woke up in the morning you couldn't speak right, you had, you had no voice, but you had you took the cough drops and you took the t's and by the time six o'clock roll around you could go out there and do it. And you was scratching and hurt a lot, but you got through it. And I knew the next morning I'd have to do the exact same damn thing over and over and over and over and over. That's that's very taxing, not just physically but mentally. It's mentally draining and wearing on a player. And that's what's happening with him, no doubt.
Speaker 2: And it's time for our standing ovation for last week. It's presented by Ovation the Urban Resort where Cincinnati coming to the Newport come together.
Speaker 9: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Mike Gasicki, who was very productive on Sunday six targets six catches eighty seven yards at a touchdown, showed the impact he can have on this offense and why they sorely missed him during that stretch when he was dealing with the peck injury. That's the ovation standing ovation brought to you by Ovation of Plot Life Experience Ovation Visit Ovation on the River dot com. And we'll review last week's drive of the game because it ties in Mike Kasiki. It's brought to you by Driveway Dumpsters in Cincinnati black and yellow does mean trash. Visit d Dumpsters dot com. It was the twelfth place, seventy five yard drive Burrow to Kasiki had made it twenty eight to eighteen with about eight and a half minutes to go. If we could just stop the game there, because the Bills then scored the next twenty one points still ahead, let's talk at Jermaine Burton. I want you to hear also what Zach said about Trey hendrickson, which I guess we'll we'll give us a little insight into their relationship that as we continue. It's a Cincinnati tax resolution powered by Tope sholdon Round Table Show. It's presented by Postman Law. We're at Longnecks in Wilder seven hundred WLW closing in on seven o'clock on this Thursday night, Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Showdon round Table Show. We're at Longnecks in Wilder. It's brought to you in part by my university where today's students become tomorrow's leaders. Visit Miami Oh Dot e du By the way, while I'm thinking about a shout out to Miami University Miami football, they were very kind to send me a replica jersey from their Cradle of Coaches game, especially going on to a jersey those are sharp. I put mine on today. I went up into Casey's room and I found the Miami Redhawk's helmet that Terry Heppner was so kind to give Casey what he was in the hospital years ago. It sits up on a on a shelf, so Rockeye. I put that jersey on, and then I said, well, let me put that helmet on. I saw it, and then I may have taken a picture, and then I may well. First of all, I sent it to my family and their reaction was sheer horror. I think Peyton said whah, with about twelve whys following Casey's response was terrifying, and I think Kelly's response was, make sure you're not wearing that when I come home.
Speaker 4: What's funny because you wore the jersey but I got one too, But Kelly is gonna have it on when I get.
Speaker 2: I'll see you are You're not right? You are not right. You should You should have seen me walking around the house. I'm the only one in the house wearing that helmet and the jersey hit. I'm trying to figure out where I could take a picture. I'm trying to figure out the lighting for the picture. And I finally opened up the front door and had the snow background.
Speaker 4: I was like football now, telling me you had the helmet on, you're all in the house, did you, like, you know, bash the helmet in like a wall or two?
Speaker 2: Just grunted, Yeah, I grunted, and then I really Then I thought, as always do I don't know how. I don't know how you guys wear helmets. They're just so damn one. They're so tight and they're so heavy, and I just.
Speaker 3: How do you run around with those things?
Speaker 4: A man? Oh man?
Speaker 2: But thank you to Miami University and here you.
Speaker 4: Want to let me see you hold hold on here, let me no, you tagged me.
Speaker 2: I saw no, but there was a there was a here.
Speaker 3: This is the one that may have scared my family. Let's see, there's the one that scared my Fanily.
Speaker 2: God, I may be grunting and uh it may be like my Dick buck kiss look.
Speaker 3: Ridiculous. Thank you Miami University.
Speaker 2: Let's do our defensive play of last week before we run out of time. Brought to you by O Connor at Chaney and Levy Attorneys. You know attorneys you trust. Visit oh Aldashlaw dot com. We'll go DJ Turner strip of James Cook at the goal line preventing the touchdown, or on Burks recovers in the end zone. Our defensive play of the game and the injury report is presented each week by Postman Law Injured. Postman delivers T Higgins limited today, still in concussion protocol. I hope he can play on Sunday. Shamar Stewart was a full go today. Looks like he's going to play on Sunday. That's our Postman Law injury report delivered by Postman Law Injured called eight four to four Postman. All right, before we get into Jermaine Burton quickly, just because I got a kick out of this. This is yesterday, and Trey Hendrickson has had surgery, He's on injured reserve, He's probably played his final snap. There was a question asked yesterday about to Zach about his reaction to Trey's surgery and probably being done for the season, and I'm thinking, all right, Zach's gonna say, yeah, it's a tough blow.
Speaker 3: It's been a tough.
Speaker 2: Season, and we miss his abilities late in games, and there was a hope he could get back in and help us, and we certainly missed that element of the game. Listen to the question and what Zach said in response to it. How disappointing wasn't it to find out about Hendrickson and not potentially being able to happen for the rest of the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nothing new, brilliant, Mean, that's that's been the last few weeks.
Speaker 3: That was it? Nothing new?
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, He's a big piece of our defense and we miss it.
Speaker 3: Nothing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it seemed to be very frustrated with uh, Trey Henderson. If you ever thought there was a glimmer hope that Trey Henderson might be back next year, it is absolutely gone.
Speaker 3: It is gone now. Jermaine Burton.
Speaker 2: I think it is the most often as question why did they keep him around as long as they did? And I heard you talking with Tommy Is as part of the Thursday segment you do in on UH or in the mornings once a week, and I do one once a week, and and I thought you hit on a great point. It's one thing when somebody is so gifted when they're younger and on athletic ability are better than everybody else. But there comes a time you got to be a pro. You got to have the work ethic, have a lot, and it just never just never was there or showed itself for Jermaine Burton, Yeah.
Speaker 4: You just wonder did he during his youth in high school and college career. You know, he likely, like a lot of NFL players, was the best player, right and was always the fastest and the and the number one guy on the team. And and so he wondered did he ever have to really work at the craft? You know, did he have to learn the ins and outs of the of the wide receiver, the route tree or was he just always good enough to just win in spite of And I've just I've seen, you know, some athletes where they're great at Lettism is a great blessing, but the biggest curse. I think that was true of Cam Newton to some degree, Like he was so physically gifted and he was a good quarterback, but never I don't think the potential that he could have been because his whole life he was just so good. The mental side of it he didn't have to do.
Speaker 3: I mean, so I and think about it.
Speaker 2: You get drafted out of Alabama the eightieth overall, and you get to go to an organization with Joe Burrow and Jamar Chase and T Higgins to learn from in the same room, and you blow.
Speaker 4: It, blow it. I mean his golden opportunity. T Higgins is out this year. They need somebody to step up, and he's he's just just not not there. I just he also just wonder I always separated guys that didn't seem to make it in the NFL. Where did you love football? Or do you love what football brought you? And I just never it never felt to me that Jermaine Burn was a guy just loved football. Because if you love the game, you study the game and you do what you can to get better in the game, not because you know it'll give you money, just because damn it, that's what I want to do and I'm interested in it so much. Just never seemed like very I mean again, talk about I mean, how many people, how many wide receivers, great wide receivers would cut off their pinky yep to be placed in that situation, like you said with Joe Burrow in this town, with Jamar Chase and t Higgins right there, couldn't take advantage. It's very sad.
Speaker 2: One hour done, one hour to go. Chad Brendle talks you see football as we continue, and then wait till we get into some college football conversation. We might talk Notre Dame. You never know. It's Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon Round Table Show, Long Necks and Wilder presented by Postman Law seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon Round Table Show, Look from Longnecks presented by Postman Law. Drop to you in part by On to East and Onto East Power Equipment Dealer. Skyline feeling good. It's Skyline time. R and L carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers, your global transportation provider, your tri State Chevy Dealers, Chevrolet, the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for the past nine years. Chevrolet Together, Let's drive Postman law injured called eight four to four Postman others promised Postman delivers and by Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sholden five one three five one three t oph On seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we go our second hour tonight from Long Necks in Wilder, our destination the remainder of this Bengal season and into their playoff run. After they win four straight, the Ravens lose two of four and the Steelers lose three.
Speaker 4: Of four, then we have to tie in there or not they.
Speaker 2: Win all tie breakers. Let's talk Bearcats. Next up the Liberty Bowl versus Navy in Memphis, Friday, January the second. Let's do that with the man from Bearcat Journal Bearcat Journal dot com, Chad Brendle. How are you.
Speaker 10: Time?
Speaker 11: You guys are live from the dispensary tonight.
Speaker 2: Yes, working on scenarios of minuscule opportunities.
Speaker 3: You would be the perfect.
Speaker 2: Person to ask this question because in the last week, let's see Bearcat assistant GM Carter Wilson is headed to USF according to reports today. The report is a staffer is headed to Penn State to be an assistant GM Jack Griffith. You as well as anybody, knows the inner workings and the importance of a front office structure now in college athletics. How significant are these departures for UC football?
Speaker 11: Incredibly significant?
Speaker 10: But I mean Carter Wilson was in charge of high school scouting recruiting. He's the guy that you know, essentially put together the recruiting board for high school recruits, and Jack Griffith put together the board for the transfer portal. So you've still got the head of the Snake and Zach Grant at GM, but his two top lieutenants are are now headed elsewhere.
Speaker 11: So that you know, the Carter.
Speaker 10: Wilson one, it hurts, but you just finished your signing class, so you know you've got time to replace that specific position. But with Zack Griffith, that's you know, the portal opens the second and he's been working on that, you know, diligently since the portal closed last year.
Speaker 11: And to lose him, you know, basically on the.
Speaker 6: Eve of the transfer portal.
Speaker 10: That's a significant pole to fill and Zak Grant's gonna have to go find somebody that is equally as adapt at mining the transfer portal. I mean, we had a story about it that we talked about on this show about a month ago, where you know, eighteen of the twenty one guys they brought in and the transfer portal populated the too deep and you know also Jake Golden, Brendan Soresby, and you know guys, guys that were a big part of this team were part of that transfer portal process from from Jack and that's a that's a big hole to fill with the transfer portal about the opens.
Speaker 4: And by the way, Chad, I have the Liberty Bawl on radio, so I'll be calling you in the next week or so to get all your information. Anyway, right, No, so the same question, but now let's talk to the talk about the players. Who is in danger of entering the portal. I guess let's start with with Soresby. Is a guy that you think is going to stay or is he out or what do you think?
Speaker 10: And I don't think he's made a decision yet, but he's going to be a very popular name if he does there.
Speaker 11: Or the transfer portal.
Speaker 10: I've heard ballpark numbers and you're talking millions at a new destination if he chooses to go that route. So with Cincinnati's financials, I don't know that you know, they can get all the way up in that ballpark of what he's going to be looking at. So it's definitely something that you have to keep an eye on because you know, if I had to bet you get one last shot at this to go make a whole bunch of money, it's going to be really difficult for Cincinnati to keep him. And you know, they haven't made any announcements on whether he's going to be at the ball game or not, but I kind of would be surprised if he played way things are, you know, where things stand at the moment.
Speaker 2: Well, and that was gonna be the follow up chatter, are they proceeding, How are they proceeding in terms of expectations of from Sorsby to Corleone to Royer to gold Ay even playing in the Bowl game.
Speaker 10: Well, Corleone and Goldey were both pretty beat up by the end of the season.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 10: I think that announcement everybody, you know, why did why did Dante Corleon announce he was going to the draft when he was out of eligibility.
Speaker 11: I had to guess that was, you know, I'm not going to be in Memphis, so I wouldn't expect to see him.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't.
Speaker 10: I'd be surprised to see golda although gold as kind of a kind of a machine, it wouldn't shock me if he wanted to play. But uh, we haven't had a practice availability yet, so I don't know exactly what that's going to look like. But you know, you just lost Christian Harrison, who was one of your best defensive back.
Speaker 11: To the transfer portal. I wouldn't expect to see him play.
Speaker 10: And ultimately, I mean, you know this as well as I do, Rocky in this day and age, the last thing you want to see as your bowl game opponent is a service academy.
Speaker 2: I was just going to say, this is not exactly an ideal matchup, is it?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 11: Because they're not going to have opt outs like those guys. You know you can leave.
Speaker 10: I guess you can leave enter the transfer portal your freshman and sophomore year, but once you hit your junior year, like you're locked in. You can't transfer out of the military academies, so they don't have to worry.
Speaker 11: Really about the transfer portal with their roster.
Speaker 10: They don't have to worry about whether guys are going to be locked in for this. So in terms of kind of worst case scenario of an opponent in today's day and age, but you really don't want to play a service academy unless you're in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me squeeze in one the on basketball with a trip to Atlanta to take on Georgia. How I mean, we know what they've done in non conference, we know what's coming in the Big twelve. We I mean, if we're looking resume building and need to put things on the board, I mean, how important is a Saturday opportunity against Georgia.
Speaker 11: It's critical.
Speaker 10: I mean, you can't if you're playing if this is tournament or bus for Les Miller and you really need to get over this hump. You've got to have some wins in this non conference. Now You've got you know, if you look at ken Pom, Georgia's twenty four, Clemsons twenty five, so you've got two golden opportunities remaining, yep, to put some wins on.
Speaker 11: The board, but you got to stack them.
Speaker 10: You've eliminated any and all leiggle room with the way things had played out over the first six weeks of the season.
Speaker 11: So for five weeks of the season, whatever it is, you better start putting some wins on the board.
Speaker 10: And that starts Saturday against a team that really good on offense, really good on defense. They're averaging like ninety nine points a game. If you look at their you know their metrics. They're good at pretty much everything. So this is going to take an incredible effort from Less's team if they're going.
Speaker 6: To get this win.
Speaker 2: All right, Bowl Season, Portal, you name it, the basketball. There's a lot going on. You guys are all over it. Lay out what the listeners find at barkad journal dot com.
Speaker 10: I mean, if you if you like more information on the two guys that left, We've got everything up on the board. Keegan's got a couple of articles up that covers both of those departs for Cincinnati, and we're getting you ready for Georgia on Saturday, getting you ready for Navy on January second, And Rocky, there is good news.
Speaker 11: Have you ever done the liberty ball before?
Speaker 4: I have yes, a couple of years ago.
Speaker 10: So you know that there's Rendezvous barbecue in the press box.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure if've ever got any of that, but I've been to Rendezvous Barbecue a bunch of times, but not in the press box, but I will. Thanks for letting me know that it would be good.
Speaker 10: Well, maybe it's changed, but the last time we were at the Liberty Bowl, the press box meal for the media was Rendezvous barbecue.
Speaker 3: Very nice, very nice.
Speaker 11: If it's not that anymore, you better pull some strings.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 4: And now they got the construction goaling. So now, because I did a game at Memphis this year in the press boxes on the opposite side now or the TV booth and I assume the radio booth is on the opposite side of the press box now, So I don't know. But either way, I will find you, and I will find Rendezvous barb barbecue and we'll have that.
Speaker 10: Are you at Guss's fan, Rocky Gus Guss's Is.
Speaker 2: That barbecue.
Speaker 10: Chicken I've ever had?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 10: All right, is awesome, but Gus is his otherworldly all right.
Speaker 2: But by the way, if I could and this will have nothing to do with sports, but I just thought of it, and I hate mentioning other places, but uh, of all things. Dave Miley, the former Reds manager, reads my random thoughts and and then he texts me his random thoughts and he told me that Kelly and I have to get chicken at Saint Leon Tavern? Do I recall correctly? Did when I was at camp one year? Did you not take me there for chicken?
Speaker 3: Do I?
Speaker 2: Do I remember correctly? Didn't we have lunch there at Saint Leon Tavern?
Speaker 10: I've been doing this so long, I've had it. And if you like the peppery Indiana fried chicken like.
Speaker 4: That, I think we took you don't well, if you don't remember, I haven't been there. Did you take me there? I didn't take it there? How do you remember that you took me there? I think you took me there and said you gotta try this. Who else would I have gone?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 10: Nobody, probably because wouldn't take.
Speaker 3: Maybe it was cough. No, I think it was you.
Speaker 11: I don't know, all right, I mean, I'm not doubting that.
Speaker 6: I'm just I've.
Speaker 11: Got I've got a bad memory.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're just old, and thank you, sir. We'll talk next week.
Speaker 2: There you Goad, Brenda Oper Cat Turtle.
Speaker 9: I saw that.
Speaker 4: You know, that's my favorite thing you do, is the random talk thing.
Speaker 3: And yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: You reckon it, you said, I absolutely been there.
Speaker 4: It's uh all right.
Speaker 3: Killers on the list, on the list.
Speaker 2: He's Rocky, I'm lancelet Stock Ravens. When we come back to Cincinnati. Tax Resolution powered by Tope Showed and round Table Show Long Next Said Wilder, presented by Postman LASSLW seven twenty three seven hundred WLW Sinnati Tax Resolution Power by Tope Sheldon, Round Table Show brought to you in part by Hawksworth Blood Centers, Hawksworth Donner, Save Lives Close to Home? Who Will You Save? Liance Pacallister, Rocky Boyman. Following us at eight Talk UC Hoops with the Wes Miller Show. It's time to take a look, our first look at Sunday's opponent and our game day preview brought to you by Game Day Men's Health. Get back in the Game Today. Yesterday afternoon, Eddie and Rocky talked with their good friend Glenn Clark. Glenn Clark Radio covers the Baltimore Ravens and got perspective on what is going on with that Ravens team that is now at six and seven, and yet, having said that, Lamar Jackson, if he is Lamar, gives them an opportunity. Here's Glenn on what's going on with the Ravens quarterback.
Speaker 12: Yes, the Ravens still have a chance because they do have Lamar Jackson. And if suddenly on Sun Day in Cincinnati, Lamar Jackson looks like Lamar Jackson again, then they're going to have a chance to win any game if they can play, because that's what their organization has been for the last few years. They've been They've been good teams, but they've been good teams wildly propped up by Lamar Jackson being either the best or one of.
Speaker 6: The two or three best players in the entire league. To your point, he.
Speaker 12: Hasn't been anything close to.
Speaker 4: That of late.
Speaker 12: And it's a complicated story. The offensive line is terrible. The guard position has been a massive problem.
Speaker 6: For the Ravens this season.
Speaker 12: They haven't really experimented with trying anything else. I just continue to stick it out and they're not getting better results. Then you add to it the number of injuries. The hamstring injury that cost them three weeks, and then after he came back, he missed practices with designations to the knee, the toe, and the ankle, and then today he just didn't practice again, and the Ravens are just saying, well, this is just a rest day, and like, you sure, fine. I mean, he's dealt with a lot of injuries, but what you've seen on the field has looked like a team that's needed to have more days working together because it's just not working.
Speaker 6: So could it happen.
Speaker 12: I guess it could happen, But he's not been right.
Speaker 11: He's just been a shell of himself.
Speaker 6: Rock.
Speaker 2: We saw two weeks ago when they played him, Joseph Osai tracked him down to the sidelines, and there were other opportunities where it looked like he would normally take off seeing an opening, and he just he wasn't willing and able to do that.
Speaker 4: He just doesn't seem to strike the fear at the hearts of defenders the way he used to have. Just like, oh my god, we could have everything perfect, but this guy can just flop and make a play and make you look stupid in the process. So you know, I who knows, And maybe injuries get better, but he just I mean this whole year, He's not quite looked the same.
Speaker 2: Here's one more from Glenn talking about Lamar Jackson the passer, Lamar Jackson the runner, and the balance between that this season.
Speaker 3: Take a listener.
Speaker 12: This argument has existed for forever that Lamar was going to have to run less, and as I've said a million times the injury argument, quarterbacks get hurt in the pockets statistically more.
Speaker 4: Than they get hurt when they're right down field.
Speaker 12: And Lamar Jackson in particular, you know, I was so fast that he never took big hits downfield, like all of the big hits he took were.
Speaker 5: In the pocket because he knew when the hits were coming.
Speaker 3: And he avoided them.
Speaker 12: He got down or he got out of bounds. So this has been a really complicated topic that he just doesn't give clear answers about. And that makes it frustrating because when he's full Lamar Jackson, he is one of one. He is the most unique talent we may have seen.
Speaker 6: In the NFL.
Speaker 12: When he's Lamar Jackson doesn't run, he's still an incredibly capable thrower of the football. He's one of the more precise throwers of the football.
Speaker 6: In the League in the last couple of years. But he's not one of one. He's a good football player.
Speaker 2: Glenn Clark, Glen Clark Radio yesterday, joining Eddie and Rocky. I want to ask you about a quarterback here in a second, but quickly cover the AFC North. Brought to you by brand setters kangaroof your hometown rooping, guttering, inciting experts covering Cincinnati homes for over twenty five years. Visit go Kanga dot net. They hopped to it. Three and ten Browns are at the nine and four Bears, the seven and six Steelers on Monday Night Football hosting the six and seven Dolphins. Philip Rivers, at age forty four, five years removed from his last NFL game, could very well start on Sunday for the Colts.
Speaker 3: And I ask.
Speaker 2: You and you confirmed you clearly played against Philip Rivers, and he is clearly sixteen years later, he's the only then active player in the NFL you would have played against.
Speaker 4: Yes, I think it's the same fishing three times twice when he when I was with the Chiefs. But the one time that that's the biggest bummer was I don't know if this was his rookie year. But it was two thousand and seven. In the playoffs, we had a first round by we play the Chargers La Danian Tomlinson isn't healthy, Philip Rivers isn't healthy. Billy Bullet comes in the game and we somehow lose the most inexplicable loss ever. But no, he was. He's a great player. But yeah, he is a guy that You're not too many people in all of him because I'm talking about the opposing team. He can irritant, he is a jerk. But you know, if he was on my team, I would love this. I would love this.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh, man, Sunday if he start.
Speaker 2: And I looked this up to give a little context to how long he's been around. He was the fourth pick overall in two thousand and four. That year, the Bengals in the first round drafted Chris Perry, running back Michigan. That's how long ago Philip Rivers was drafted. That's incredible. I mean just saying two thousand and four out loud, and he could start on Sunday.
Speaker 4: So the age is one thing, though, but it's the fact he hasn't played in five years. Yeah, yeah, And I heard I read a comment earlier, and he's probably rice and mentally like you know, he's still you know, physically.
Speaker 3: Takes a hit and the speed of the game.
Speaker 2: And then the wild thing is he runs the same offense that the Colts run. He's been longtime friends with Shane Steike and the Colts coach and has installed the basically the Colts offense in the high school team that he coaches. So it's made it much easier to say, Okay, let's go onto His player's.
Speaker 4: Got to be like, yes, that's so awesome.
Speaker 2: All right, we come back if you're ready. We'll get into some college football. I want to talk maybe Notre Dame. I want to talk as much as we can without revealing anything. The Heisman and so much more. He's Rocky. I'm land Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon Roundtable Show. We're at Long next in Wilder. It is presented by Postman Law seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 2: We are flying tonight, making our way towards eight o'clock if you check on New Tuesday eighth, and the West Miller Show follows us. We've got Dan Klass before that coming up at seven fifty with your fantasy football insight. Let's get into some college football. Let's make it. Let's double up here. Let's make it our hot topic, usually around the NFL, but certainly the college football playoffs, the hot topic around football. It's brought to you by Hudson Oil, fueling champions on and off the field, and we'll expand on it and make it our Kelsey Chevrolet College Football Weekend preview.
Speaker 3: Trade keys today.
Speaker 2: Whether you're making loan release payments or your vehicle has paid off, Kelsey Chevrolet wants to trade keys and put you in a new Chevrolet. Check them out together, let's drive kelseyship dot com, the home of lifetime powertrain protection.
Speaker 3: All right, Rock, I don't even know where to begin.
Speaker 2: Let's cut to the chase and let's simplify the opening thought. Are we in agreement that Notre Dame got hosed out of a playoff spot?
Speaker 4: Yes? Who do you think they got? Who?
Speaker 2: Alabama is my biggest beef hunter, because to me, Alabama hasn't looked like a playoff team for a good month plus.
Speaker 3: You saw them in personal.
Speaker 4: In person, never thought they were one of those juggernaut Alabama teams.
Speaker 2: And it just there was so much of that final decision that just doesn't make sense of how Bama's performance in the SEC championship game wasn't seemingly weighted, yet BYU's performance in the Big twelve championship game was weighted. And and it just it It goes back to just the sense that they were making it up. A combination of making up it as they went and predetermining who they wanted and then figuring out the talking points to explain why that team was going.
Speaker 8: To make it.
Speaker 4: I think that's the best way to describe. But yeah, getting the results they won. But then, okay, how can we get to the logical conclusion that we just made up well, Well, in this case, we'll emphasize this is being the best criteria, and then this one will say that you know, whether its strength and schedule or best win best loss. It's a huge mess.
Speaker 2: Let's let's run through some Notre Dame bullet points because we were we both read the the Pete Sampson piece from the and I'd be curious of your thoughts as a Notre Dame representative to what he said won. The idea of the the value or loss of skipping the fifteen ball practices, The idea of skipping the ball, missing.
Speaker 3: Out on ball practices.
Speaker 2: What do you what do you say to those who say they took their ball and went home.
Speaker 4: I don't see it that way because as many of these other teams are gonna find out that they're gonna be missing a lot of players, and so it's not gonna be the twenty twenty five Irish that you're going to see in any bowl game. It's going to be some of those guys and a lot of guys that that that weren't that team. So so from that standpoint alone, I say, yeah, I understand the situation. And I think, you know, there is a time and place in this world to take a stand on something and set a precedent, and I think they knew that they would set a precedent in Asia.
Speaker 3: A couple are things that jumped out from this.
Speaker 2: I am in total agreement that I thought Notre Dame overplayed its hands scheduling wise in playing Miami in Texas A and m back to back to open the season. And I didn't realize that their deputy athletic director is Ron Paulus, the former Notre Dame quarterback. That's asking an awful lot of any any team nobody else in the country out of the shoot played Miami in Tech And it's not an excuse. I'm just saying, that's an awful tough ask of a team.
Speaker 3: You're trying.
Speaker 2: You've lost your defensive coordinator and Al Golden, You've got a new, unproven quarterback. There was just a lot to ask and to throw that schedule at him.
Speaker 4: So I know college football wants teams to schedule tough out of conference games, right because those are the games that people want to watch. But in a couple examples this year, they have penalized teams for taking those early shots and losing. Texas being the other one, yes, against Ohio State. So and you know, and that was Steve Sarkisian's point. He's like, wait, minute, we took this game. We could have taken old dominion and beat them, and and but you said, no, we let's take that and we won't get penalized for a tougher matchup. Early in the season. Notre Dame did the same thing. The fact that they did him back to back. Yes, I remember saying the time. I was like, oh, what's wrong with the Irish. I'm like, well, because most teams in the country are scheduling Mercer Yes for the week weeks one and two, and they have two top teams back to back. I was a terrible move on their part, especially having them that early in the season before your team can develop.
Speaker 3: No doubt. What do we how do we view?
Speaker 2: One of the other big talking points is what is the playoffs supposed to be about?
Speaker 3: And is it?
Speaker 2: Is it supposed to include opportunities for somebody like James Madison for example, versus clearly a better team is the It's like the NCAA basketball tournament is never the best sixty eight because you have a representative from every single conference, a small conference. Whatever should the college football playoff be simply give me team's rank one through twelve, or should there be an opportunity for somebody like a James Madison.
Speaker 4: I think it should be the best twelve teams. You know, I guess because you know Tulane and James mass realistically or not gonna win this.
Speaker 6: They're not.
Speaker 4: They're absolutely not going to. And as much as we say we like the underdog getting a chance, don't I don't know when it plays out.
Speaker 2: If we we don't actually do we don't. I'll give you the basketball version of that. When my Butler Bulldogs went to the NCAA championship game in back to back years, the TV ratings for the championship game the lowest of all time because, yeah, they were Cinderella. But people want to see blue bloods. They want to see the best teams in the country, and they perceive Butler as like the little team from Indianapolis at Hinkle, and the ratings just tank. We want the best, and I get the James Madison argument, but you know, what do you ultimately want? Is it the twelve best or is it leave an opening for the best group of five? I guess you could make it. If you're going to include a group of five, they have to be in the time. I don't know it. It's very complicated from there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if they would for whatever reason, their schedule and who they win and who they beat is puts them in there. That's fine. Just back to Notre Dame for in just kind of the future of ball.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be my next question. But it's the future, well.
Speaker 4: I think it doesn't. It doesn't vode very well. There's like a battle between the old way of doing things in college football and a new way of going, and it seems like the new way is winning out when we're paying players. You know, it's a very transactional sport, which doesn't coincide with with the bulls. And I gave this example on another radio show, what if after the season, okay, after the season the NFL playoffs started, he said, you know what, the Bengals and the Titans are gonna play an exhibition game. Players aren't gonna get paid, okay, and it's not gonna be for anything, but it'll be fun. I think the players would never do it, no, because you know the same reason. Notre Dame Denim will do it because like why, And the fans would be like, well, wait a minute, we're gonna get hurt, Like it doesn't mean anything. So maybe I'll watch it, but I'm not that invested in it. This is kind of the same thing.
Speaker 2: Let me give you a crazy idea and out of the box, eyde and it's not mine, So if you don't like it, feel free. It's Rick Neuheisel. I saw lay this out and he said, the Bowl games are done as we as we know him. He says, one way to reinvent the Bowl games would be to start your season with a bull game. I've heard this idea, and do have how X number of bulget whatever it is twenty bowl games and that will match up and to start to kick off. I kind of like it from the standpoint of I don't think there's enough celebration of the start of seasons. Baseball does a great thing with opening Day in Major League Baseball. I think it'd be kind of cool for college football to say opening weekend features twenty bowl matchups and this is the kickoff of college football. Gather around your TVs and let's go. I think there's.
Speaker 3: Something to that.
Speaker 2: I'd have to dig deeper, but on the surface it kind of it's an exciting way to start the season.
Speaker 4: I mean, and look, it's all about viewership, right, and you know people enough people still watch the Bulls, which is ultimately why they still do them. I think, do you see double triple the amount of people would watch those balls?
Speaker 2: And you know what, if you do it at the start, the weather's going to be better in all places versus games being played in January in some cold places that nobody wants to go to. I mean, I could see it being set up as travel to see your team kick off the season in the x y Z Bowl game to kick off college football twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: I've't even heard about it. You know they have these bowl games in the spring. I've heard that float out, but I think the beginning of the season week zero, right, Yeah, just throw them all right there?
Speaker 2: I think it just it would elevated mony Maker absolutely, no question. All right, we solved that problem as much as we can say publicly without revealing our vote. There are four Heisman finalists.
Speaker 10: We know.
Speaker 2: That's Jeremiah Love, Notre Dame, Fernando Mendoza, IU Diego Pavia of Vanderbilt, Vanderbilt, and Julian Saying of Ohio State. Our ballots allow for choices.
Speaker 4: Dude, did you tell everybody we get a Heisman vote?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We we do. We Uh, we forget how many years we've been voting doing the show? I think, do we go back to Lamar Jackson? Have we gone? Do we go further back than I remember? I do too, I don't know. Yeah, we go back at least to that. Here's what I'll ask, because we are not publicly allowed to reveal our votes until after the announcement. But and you're allowed three. You go onto the computer, your ballot is emailed to you. You have to insert, you have to type in physically the full name of the player and the school. First place, second place, third place. Are your three selections among the four Heisman finalists?
Speaker 3: Yes, as our mind.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, so.
Speaker 2: That's all we can say. Don't say anything else. I'm not even gonna ask you.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: They have revealed tonight the top ten. Jacob Rodriguez, the linebacker at Texas Tech, is number five, Jeremiah six Smith of Ohio State six, Gunnar Stockton of Georgia seven, Trinidad Shambliss of Ole Miss eight, Caleb Downs nine, and Haines King of Georgia Tech is tenth.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a time out, come back, and Dan Klaskins has some fantasy football, and then we'll travel Rockies Road. We may need an entirely new full segment of Rockies Road based on how many games you have coming up.
Speaker 3: Holy cow, He's Rocky on Lance.
Speaker 2: Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon, Roundtable Show, Long Nexs and Wilder presented by Postman Laws seven hundred WLW. All right, heading down the stretch, final segment of the night the News Top of the Iron, followed by The West Miller Show talking some UC bearcats.
Speaker 3: Let's talk fantasy football now.
Speaker 2: Next guest host of Fantistics Insider Football Sirius XM Fantasy. That would be Dan Klaskins and Dan. In most leagues, fantasy playoffs start this week. I wonder as the kind of.
Speaker 3: Sewer you are.
Speaker 2: Aside from not making the playoffs, what are some of the things you dislike most about fantasy football?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, fantasy playoffs start Lance. Half the league is over for them, right, so a lot of bitter people out there. We're going to feed into it. Some things I hate.
Speaker 6: Let's start with kickers.
Speaker 8: I've been on this crusade to give rid the kickers in fantasy for a number of years, and especially if the Brandon Aubrey got like twenty five points against me last week. There's such a variance there it takes all the fun out of it. My least favorite thing is in game injuries. In real football, if a player goes down the first quarter, a backup comes in and fantasy you're left without any stats. I don't know why in Lance, in today's age with apps and all the software. We can't pick a bench player and have some.
Speaker 6: Sort of rythm.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, yeah nothing.
Speaker 8: I also can't stand crappy trade offers. And I don't mean to call our friend James ra Payin out, but.
Speaker 6: He might be the worst.
Speaker 8: He's probably sending me one right now as we speak. But man, wasting people's talkings with ridiculous trades. I really can't stand people that don't play their league piece. But that's just the commissioner coming out of me. And lan's probably the thing that really annoys me is free leagues, Like why the people playing and why the people ask me to play in them? Like, if there's nothing at stake, I have no interest.
Speaker 4: That great, Liz, that was a great rant there. I love that Dan, good stuff. Bring it all right, let's sell, let's do it again your injury. Watch what we got here?
Speaker 8: Yeah, let's start rocking with the big news tonight. Some good news for the Bucks and fantasy managers alike Mike Evans, he's active from a collarbone injury at the sideline him for a couple months.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 8: They also get back Jalen McMillan.
Speaker 9: Now interer at your own risk.
Speaker 8: I do expect Evans to be on some sort of limited snap tonight, but he still could offer some good Fantasy production As we turn our look towards Sunday. Devon Hien the biggest name on the lists.
Speaker 9: He plays on Monday night, so it's not even Sunday. We're gonna have to track this one all.
Speaker 8: Weekend, and it could be something fantasy managers were gonna have to have a backup play, which would be tough considering he's one of fantasy's best running backs. Drake London He's already been ruled out the Falcons wide out for tonight's game as well, so he's out probably the rest of the season. Good news with Ceedee Lamb. He practiced today's still in concussion protocol, but trending in the right direction.
Speaker 9: Marvin Harrison Junior's still.
Speaker 8: Not back for the Cardinals, so Michael Wilson will continue his really hot streak hopefully rooum of dudes days week to week there for the Bears, so don't count on him.
Speaker 9: Garrett Wilson not quite.
Speaker 8: Back yet from his active status, but the Jets playing for now them, I'm not sure sure if he'll come off I are, and then of course at quarterback. I know you guys already probably talked about Phil Rivers, but as Daniel Jones managers are really struggling right now, as are the Colts. He's out for the season. Jaydon Daniels, he's not playing this week. I don't know if he's returning from that elbow issue.
Speaker 9: And the Commanders losing zach Ertz.
Speaker 8: That could be a career ending one for the thirty four year old tight end. We'll see, but not the end of the season he was open for that's for sure.
Speaker 3: All Right.
Speaker 2: How about our weekly look at studs, duds and sleepers.
Speaker 8: Yeah, let's start with the studs, fellas, and we'll start with my favorite.
Speaker 9: Stud of them all, quarterback Jackson Dart.
Speaker 8: I think it's like the third time I've had him as a stud. The rookie has a great matchup here versus the Commanders.
Speaker 9: I've got him at the number three QB on my list overall, which is a lot higher than normal. I like the rushing floor.
Speaker 8: I hope our listeners were listening to Lance last week.
Speaker 9: Lance, but I gave him Harold Fan and Junior as.
Speaker 8: A sleeper because he went off for about thirty points. He's made his way to the stud status this week.
Speaker 9: He's my tight end four, right behind McBride's Bowers and Kittle.
Speaker 8: I think he's really connected with Shadura Sanders and the top target in that Browns passing attack. I'm sitting justin Herbert this week. I'm a little scared at that hand that cast plus the Chiefs matchup at aarrawhead a tough defense. He's outside of my top fifteen and Brian Thomas Junior hits a guy. Probably one of the biggest busts of the season was a pick on the end of the first round. In most leagues, he hasn't scored more than excuse me, I had a cop more than three catches in a game since Week eight. So he's on my bench and my sleepers of the week. What he marks, I like him. Seventeen plus touches.
Speaker 9: In five straight games.
Speaker 8: Arizona has given up the fourth most fantasy points. The running backs and Juwan Jennings don't dig the PPR points at four of his last five. Tennessee's allowed seventeen receivers to hit double digit PPR points this season. Jennings becomes the eighteenth this week.
Speaker 2: Fellas all right Fantasy season winding down over for some does not have to be. There's the Do Good Fantasy Salary Cap challenge. If listeners have been waiting to join, now is the time tell them more.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, I appreciate that, Lanthon. Yeah, I mean, you're absolutely right, and you know veterans need our help. A great time to give you got ten bucks. That's we dropped it all the way down, a ten dollar donation. The DAV dav helped a million veterans a year through free programs and services, but we rely on the public.
Speaker 9: So if your season's over you need some fantasy.
Speaker 8: Action, I've got the game for you. Ten hour donation it Do Good Fantasy. It all goes to our veterans. You get to play four weeks salary cap, pick a lineup. I got over three thousand dollars in prizes, so you can play with purpose, you can.
Speaker 9: Learn more, help me out. Help that turns out.
Speaker 8: Go to Do Good Fantasy dot Com.
Speaker 2: Absolutely great catching up as always, enjoyed the football this weekend.
Speaker 8: Yes, enjoy the game as fellas, and stay.
Speaker 9: Warm out there.
Speaker 3: Amen to that.
Speaker 2: Thanks Dan, Thanks Dan, Dan Glaskins with fantasy football. Let's wrap it up with the Rockies Road. We travel it and it's brought to you by Queens City Metro. Metro is hiring a play at go dash metro dot com slash careers. You have how many games and you mentioned radio as well? How many total bowl games?
Speaker 10: Do you have?
Speaker 4: Five total? By postseason bowl games in like thirteen days? Start twenty second with a Vocal Bowl, then the twenty seventh Military Bowl, and then the thirtieth of Music City Bowl, and then the second the Liberty Bowl, and the fourth of the D three National Championship. Really this year?
Speaker 6: Really? Yeah?
Speaker 4: All right, for I'll get you tickets.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's very nice. Okay, So uh let's say the Music City that's uh, that's.
Speaker 4: Nashville, right, yes, Nashville.
Speaker 2: It's Liberty Gold Tennessee in Illinois, Tennessee and Illinois. Where do where's your first one?
Speaker 4: You said? FOCA?
Speaker 3: Oh o, very nice.
Speaker 4: Played at fau's home field there for what it's called. But it's nice down there.
Speaker 3: And you get the Bearcats for your radio game?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Do you?
Speaker 3: I forget? Do you do a radio Bowl game every year?
Speaker 4: I had? I didn't last year, but I have in the past. I've usually gotten like two TV and one radio and this year it's three TV and two radio. All right, yeah, I have some presents for the kids. Lance, Is that what I'm getting? The extra Bowl games?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 3: I'm saying, Oh, I say, yes.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny as you say presence it is it still a thing do? And I guess with n I l it's it's no longer a thing when you used to go as players, you go into the suite and you had X amount of gift card dollars to buy like headphones and everything else.
Speaker 4: Players are getting paid, Like I say, has that.
Speaker 3: Gone away or do they still do it?
Speaker 4: Or that has been They used to be the big thing that That has been my argument for why players don't care about the ball games. I remember in two thousand, okay, we were in line to go to the Fiesta Bowl, which we made, and we were so excited because we're gonna get like five hundred dollars in swag and you just walk into the suite and you pick you pick out what I think they actually they gave us a Duffel bag okay with you know and had like you know, the Fiesta Bowl logos sewn on, and it was cool when inside was but like the first like the first generation Bow's noise canceling had no so and you would have thought we died and went to heaven over five hundred dollars in free swag. Now these players are getting paid thousands of dollars a week, and I don't care about another reason why the balls don't mean as much to the players.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking of that, and I guess we're never going to get around with this because I mentioned last week. Keep this story because we talked about it this week. But the baseline rate, according to the Athletic for a Power four quarterback starts at rough lay one hundred thousand to three hundred thousand. Five star quarterbacks are getting seven hundred and fifty thousand, maybe a million. And the reports around Brendan Soresby is he has a deal, multiple deals in the neighborhood of four million dollars to leave.
Speaker 3: You see different times, rock Worth living.
Speaker 4: In different times, but we're in one way. In some ways, we're trying to do the same thing and wondering why it ain't worth.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, we're done. It's been a good night, very well executed. Fran hit the flash on every picture he took tonight, right, out of the gate. Does not get any better than that. We upped our game tonight. His lovely wife, Phyllis, wants to make it clear she was not listening talking to somebody on the phone and ignoring us. She was actually listening to us on the iHeart radio as it got loud in here because this place was packed.
Speaker 3: So there you go. Wanted to set the record straight.
Speaker 4: Successful night, Have.
Speaker 3: A great night, everybody.
Speaker 2: Thanks for hanging out with this stick around.
Speaker 3: The West Miller Show is next.
Speaker 2: This is the Cincinnati Tax Resolution power by tope shown and roundtable showing long necks and wilder presented by Postman Law seven hundred WLW