Speaker 1: All right back with Eddie and Rocky and rock him the place up here a little bit. How about this is the magical time of the year. Look, what's Santa dropped by?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: You guys are so sweet.
Speaker 4: Yes, I look at him every day. So yeah, yeah, the rest of the show, I'm.
Speaker 5: Just sticking around. I'm just hanging out with my favorite people. Got to see Willy, now I get to see you guys.
Speaker 4: We're okay, Rachel. By the way, Rachel Elliott joins us on the hierarchy. I know I'm one between another fight. Yeah, Willy and Rocky are fighting out for two.
Speaker 5: I'm saying Rocky because I tried to learn how to golf over the summer and Willie blew me off. I asked him to help me, and he was too busy quote unquote busy.
Speaker 1: I cannot believe that he was too busy to help literally anything.
Speaker 5: After everything I've done for that man. Yes, I have walked him through life the last decade and a half.
Speaker 4: Well, dude, I heard you just talking to him about setting up his only Fans page.
Speaker 3: I know I'm still doing it.
Speaker 5: I'm still I'm still out here maybe, although I will admit that is for selfish purposes, because even ten percent of that cut is going to be good.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent, there will be many loyal listeners in their eighties and nineties that would absolutely love and pay top dollar for it.
Speaker 3: Willie unfiltered, Now were.
Speaker 1: You there, by the way, were you there with the bodies of the big one thing he did?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, okay, that was that was my idea. That was my idea back in the day.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Do you guys know how many clickthroughs we got for that? Do you want to know?
Speaker 7: I do?
Speaker 3: I did one and then Willy did one.
Speaker 5: I think I had one point two million clickthroughs and Willy had close to a million, so two million page views on Willy and I combined in the course of like I want to say, a month.
Speaker 4: Well, trust me.
Speaker 3: So it wasn't a bad idea, guy. It was actually kind of a great idea.
Speaker 1: Great idea. But I just remember him pitching it and you pitching it, and it was like, I'm gonna do this. You guys are going to do it too, right, Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, we'll follow you you first, and they were like.
Speaker 4: Eh, almost he almost got a divorce over but la la la la la. But anyway, So what are you doing now, kid? You're in country music?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, I run all the country radio stations for iHeartMedia and Kentucky now so, and I still hang out here sometimes.
Speaker 3: They have they gave me key card access to this building.
Speaker 5: I can't believe it, but yeah, so I can come and go as I please and visit you guys whenever I feel like it.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 4: So you're you're boot scooting all over the country.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 5: I've got three trips already booked because they have to fly all over for for country and so I've already got three trips booked before March. I'm going out to Utah. I gotta go Nashville a couple of times. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: That's nice. Who's the most interesting country artist? Had the pleasure of talking.
Speaker 3: To interesting country artists?
Speaker 1: Interesting, not necessarily the most famous, the most interesting interesting.
Speaker 3: That's that's a that's a good one. I would probably maybe Parker McCollum. He's pretty interesting.
Speaker 5: He's pretty interesting, uh just because uh, he doesn't necessarily have to do country music.
Speaker 3: He just enjoys doing it, So you know.
Speaker 5: He's he's a he's a kind of a classic Texas country singer.
Speaker 4: I get that, but you said he doesn't have to do it, but he does. He's like a famous actor.
Speaker 5: No he's no, he just like has like the classic Texas like you know, background, farm family.
Speaker 1: So he does.
Speaker 3: So he that's that's interesting.
Speaker 5: Uh, Jelly Rolls got an interesting backstory, but I feel like everybody knows him.
Speaker 4: So yes, Yes, comes off cool and whenever it seems really awesome, tell the story because I hadn't heard this, uh, the giant ginger story.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I take music meetings up here so that I can hang out with you guys, and that means country artists will come in and play new music. And a guy by the name of Matt Cooper stopped by and he was performing in one of the conference rooms just Caddy corner from this studio, and Rocky walked out while he was trying to perform his new single for me acoustically, and he just stumbled and like stopped mid song.
Speaker 3: He's like, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 5: The biggest ginger I have ever seen just walked out of that room and I was like, yep, that's Rocky and he was like, I mean, why is he so big? And I was like, well, he did play in the NFL, and he was like, Okay, that makes sense, and then he went.
Speaker 3: Back to playing a song.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so I still think that word is funny.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I can guarantee you he will never forget that.
Speaker 3: Like I'll be able to see him in a couple of months and be like, well.
Speaker 1: We cover the jar to the guy I spent a little time down there, So yeah.
Speaker 3: I'll set that play date up.
Speaker 1: That nice.
Speaker 4: That's for guy going to cower in fear. You have some kind of a score to settle with them.
Speaker 1: No, I'm going to bring up the fact that I was also in a bronze gun Metal Gray. Have I ever told you about gun Mittal Gray?
Speaker 6: My time?
Speaker 1: And I'll spare Rachel.
Speaker 5: Wait, do you do you want to pivot to country or you? I mean, I mean you could that could be your future.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I mean I.
Speaker 5: Listen a lot of rock guys, a lot of rock people have have pivoted to the country side of the things.
Speaker 1: Why is that, you think? Is it is there like a bigger market for country music.
Speaker 5: Or Yeah, And it's just hard to break through in rock music now right, Like there's not a lot of new acts breaking through and becoming big, and even even your bands like food Fighters, and when they put out new music, it doesn't stick around. It's just the classic food Fighters songs that get played on the radio. So it's just a lot harder. So that that southern rock sound is all come over to the country side and we play a lot of it.
Speaker 4: Right back in the day, I heard you and Willie talking and you were talking about how the country didn't crossover. And when I was working at EBN, I worked there many years ago before you did.
Speaker 9: Did you know that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, anyways heard that when Steve or Copperhead Road came out. Yep, we honestly, God had There were like three or four of us sitting in a room with a program director talking about whether or not we should play Copperhead Road. Did you no see? I mean it came close though, because there was two country at the time. Well it was before because you still we were still playing Skinner and you know, and that type of thing that hadn't burned out yet. The burn factor now on that is uh, it's ash. But copper Head we were like, dude, this is a rock song, and he was he waffled and we never did play it. But that's what's going on now. I agree with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a lot of you know, Cowetzel, whiskey Myers.
Speaker 3: Gosh, there are so many.
Speaker 5: I would say Jelly rolls even more on the rock side of things, and Jason al Dean can, depending on the song, can swing that. And it sounds like southern rock, right, it's very it's some of it's pretty heavy. So you know, we just kind of took advantage of that of that hole in the market and made it country music and just claimed it.
Speaker 3: And now now you guys can't have it back. So sorry.
Speaker 4: Well, I heard Willy talking to you about He and I had this conversation about matt Race ladies and gentlemen, the same thing. But anyways, I heard you and Willy talking about that. He and I had this conversation of where where are the big rock acts and I told him there are none, No, there aren't any.
Speaker 1: It's all.
Speaker 4: And I heard you say it's all classic rock. Now it is it is.
Speaker 5: I mean even popa roaches classic rock now right, like they.
Speaker 1: Came out true and it's wild but yes, right, and so early two thousands and now that's twenty five years.
Speaker 5: Fall Out Boy, fall Out boy to technically be because the I think it was the standard, like twenty twenty one years. I think it is for something to be considered classic rock, and so I think their first thing came out in two thousand and three, so that's that's considered classic rock.
Speaker 4: Even well, and Willie was talking about what other bands, what other bad I was I was like, Willie, let me tell you something. My uh my two boys are mid twenties and they were going in. Jack, who lived in Chicago at the time, wanted to go to Lollapalooza and I go, oh, man, what band do you want to see? And I forget it might have been the Chili Peppers or something like that. I was like, I want to see the Chili Peppers because I told him i'd get him tickets for his birthday and he says, no, I want to see Kendrick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would have been sacrilegious, twenty.
Speaker 5: Faking okay, But Kendrick Lamar does put on a good stage show like he does, he does bop like But I mean, I think Olivia Rodrigo was the biggest poll or maybe it was Sabrina Carpenter last year. I forget at Lula, but they don't have it's not it's not rock oriented like it used to be.
Speaker 1: Why though, why why can there not be a big arena selling rock band anymore?
Speaker 5: I think yeah, I think I think people just I think that without having new bands to promote, you can only see the Chili Peppers and the Food Fighters and def Leppard that's one I love seeing live. You can only see him live so many times. There has to be other options, new music coming up. Uh And and rock hasn't done a qui.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no one seems to fill that void. They get to a certain level, but not you.
Speaker 4: Know, I want to ask any twenty five year old guy, uh is, who's your favorite band? I guarantee you it's going to be somebody like Kendrick or Jason Ald And maybe nobody's going to say Breaking Benjamin. Yeah, let's put it that way, right.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And you know, as somebody that's seen all of those arena shows and those stadium tours, so like Morgan and Posts and stadiums, they're putting on a rock show.
Speaker 3: It's a rock show.
Speaker 5: And I've taken rock people two country shows and they're like, oh, this is where the rock audience went, I've taken somebody to a Luke Bryant show and they were like, this is this is this is a rock show, this is this is where our audience went.
Speaker 3: And it is true.
Speaker 1: So rather than wait around for some rock group to come there, I won't one an their country because it's fun as hell and great concert and.
Speaker 4: Well, people can say what they want to about kiss what I think even those guys figured out, after they had milked that whole thing dry they retired for ten years in a row, that it was right. They re just went like, Okay, we're still making money. We're we're not retired. Jet that's the unretired tour, and just kept going. And that's what the Eagles are doing. Sure, same thing, man, Why why would you all of them when somebody is willing to pay you millions and millions of dollars? Why would we just go I'm good. All you have to do is get in the jet playing and fly to Cincinnati for the afternoon, do a show, get back in your plane, flight to where you live.
Speaker 1: Boom. But also, the albums don't sell anymore, right, No one buys an album, no, no, right, And so you should make a ton of work I mean, you're not talking about the Beatles never toured because they made all their money off of albums. You got to make money on touring. That's what yeah do, right.
Speaker 5: Taylor Swift made hundreds of millions of dollars on the Airs tour, and Morgan Walland does close to that too. He makes hundreds of millions on his tours. So really everybody's pushing the you know, the actual stage events and what rock group can even come close to having that kind of poll.
Speaker 4: And with that, Rachel, we are going to have to let you go. We could do this for another company to drop by again sometimes.
Speaker 3: Out with you guys anytime.
Speaker 4: You know that. Please, yes, thank you, Rachel Elliott. Everyone with that, we check in with traffic and weather.
Speaker 2: What's up from the UC Health Traffic Center. You see, cancer center offers advanced surgical options for complex liver and pancreatic cancers and clinical trials you won't find anywhere else. Get a second opinion now call five one, three, five eight five U SECC seventy five heavy southbound Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood Lateral since the road of work delays to Shepherd about a ten minute drive and we have a crash in the right lane of two seventy five westbound between Moss Teller and seventy five in Ohio and Cruise are there. Southbound seventy five Houpul to the brnch Spence Burdgas about a fifteen minute commute. Now northbound seventy five Mitchell de Patika is slow on seventy one. You're seeing heavier volumes northbound Norwood lateral to Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway and southbound Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway to Ridge and Gilbert at Martin Luther King Junior Drive getting the ports of an accident and Victory Parkway at Dana accident with injuries. Rich Shrine produced Radio seven hundred WLW four.
Speaker 4: GAT from a seven hundred WLW weather center for to nighted clouds rain on and off, the low of twenty four four, tomorrow morning clouds, afternoon sun the high twenty nine. It's fifty one now News Radio seven hundred WLW. This report is answered bio Apollo Home, your source for plumbing, heating, and air and electrical.
Speaker 10: Turn your past HBAC repair bills into up to twenty five hundred.
Speaker 4: You can sing like an angel. Oh god, she's got a great voice. Because you and I've talked about that kind of stuff before, just music that you didn't think you would ever like. And I buy in one of her albums. I don't know if I if I stole it from work, I mean, got it from work, or if somebody gave it.
Speaker 1: I don't remember, But damn she's good. Yeah, Sean's saying, which that that just you know that that carries you know, it doesn't matter what the song is. If you can really belt it, it's enjoyable.
Speaker 4: And let me tell you something which brings me to uh pet peeve of head fingers. If I might, no, I'm fired up. I love when Eddie steps up on his soapbox. Here full my sleeve if folks say less than you're no. Yeah, the sleeves got rolled up. He tightened the headphones a little bit on his head. He kind of did one of these, his shoulders race a little bit. No, Like I said, the woman can sing like an angel in this hand. I forget who there was another person I saw kind of that's ilk, but it doesn't matter. Alison Kraus. If you haven't ever heard her, listen to her sing she fantastic and I saw her. I've seen her a couple of times, but one time I saw her at Music Hall and wearing like the first or second row of the upper balcony. And yeah, she's very quiet. But you know, all around us there are these women who fancy themselves as singers. And you know she's singing uh, one of my favorite songs by her. It wouldn't have made any difference by Todd Rundren. Have you ever heard that?
Speaker 1: It was beautiful?
Speaker 4: So you know she can and she got the beautiful voice, and the band is just playing real low and behind her. But then there's some you know, fat lady sitting about four rows away from me, going.
Speaker 11: You would man, it's like, shoot up, Allison can sing that song, right, you cannot respect?
Speaker 4: Come on, respect please, I mean you can do okay if it's guns and roses, scream your lungs out to sweet Child. Don't be singing along with something like that, right, Come on man.
Speaker 1: If this is a loud, just chaotic rock song, yell it out absolutely.
Speaker 4: What you're there for. Right, It's like going to see James Taylor or something. It's like I see fat I've seen rain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you can kind of in a very low way sing along a little bit, but I'm screaming out use your inside voice.
Speaker 4: Please with that, we check in with traffic and weather, Rick, what's gone on?
Speaker 2: Should here's my inside voice for this? Or can I talk out loud?
Speaker 1: You know you do that?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 4: I think that that's kind of the way we want the show to go. We're kind of are we going to low key in a little bit. I think there's too much screaming and yelling on this radio station.
Speaker 2: Station from the Ucalth Traffic Center. You See's Cancer Center offerers advanced surgical options for complex liver and pancreatic cancer clinical tries you won't find anywhere else. Get a second opinion now called five one, three, five eight five. You see see see two seventy five he spawn after Kellogg the left shoulder taking up with an accident in seventy five north bound after gold breath of breakdown on the right shoulder. Seventy five northbounded town our right shoulder blocked and on two seventy five we're sewing westbound Moss Elder to seventy five is we have a crash here and that has got about a five minute delay behind it now seventy one northbound Norwood Loudel Torontald rig and Cross County Highway by the ten minute trip. In about a fifteen minute drive southbound seventy five Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood Lateral. We have the roadwork course in place and delays to Shepherd Rix Tranpro News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for to night clouds rain on and off, the low of twenty four four, tomorrow morning clouds, afternoon sun. The I have twenty nine. It's fifty one Now News Radio, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: It's a Rocky boy, It's Lens Mcamiste. It's a whole lot of orange and black. During the Roundtables show tonight at six on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: The whole festive Bengals.
Speaker 13: Covering this report is sponsored by the James Cancer Hospital.
Speaker 1: When you choose the James at Ohio State.
Speaker 13: Here's Letting the team that specializes in tweating just one.
Speaker 4: All right, back with Eddie and Rocky and rock I want to thank Bob for sending the video. I totally forgot this happened, but we were talking about Stone tumble Pilots a little while. This happened in twenty ten at Riverbend, Scott Wiland from stp Stone Tumble Pilots is singing and doing his old scream into the micro or into the megaphone thing, yep, and he's walking around and all of a sudden he just walked right into the pit. Now, what was What's the weirdest thing you've ever seen in a showing anything remotely resembling that.
Speaker 1: Weirdest?
Speaker 4: I mean, I've seen plenty of fights. I've seen no hell was at the who thing that goes for it speaks for itself. But just people with fireworks and all kinds of anything like that. It just my my favorite was always say, there's like three bands playing at Riverbend, and by about the middle of the first act you see the guy curled up on a blanket all liquored up.
Speaker 1: Yeah asleep. He peaked too early. Yeah he had like eighteen Jaeger bomb shots. We're gonna get ready for the concert, Dude, you must not ever been to a concert because the headliner doesn't come on when they say they're coming on. It's usually like an hour later. So pace yourself.
Speaker 4: I saw a thing. Shoot, it was on social someplace, but a guy talking and it sounds like me. It's like, Okay, the concert starts at eight, so I want to get there at seven, so we want to park at six thirty. We want to eat at five. So yeah, you work backwards, right, and that's what and leave the house at So I leave the house at like three thirty to eat at five to get to the place to park at you know, six thirty, and somebody goes, well, then the band doesn't come on until nine thirty, so you're hurrying.
Speaker 1: For its exactly right. Yeah, I mean anything weird. I mean I've seen plenty of cool moments at a concert. I think I told you I was at that Kentucky Speedway show. It was corn Kid Rock and Metallica and James Hetfield like that morning had got injured in a jet ski accident and and and again that was before social media, but even then, like word was you know, amongst those tens of thousands of people, word was spreading around and it's like, oh my god, or are they gonna play? And they showed up and and they all kind of came out instead of like opening the show. It was like all the guys from corn All the guys from you know, Kid Rock, and and they said, we're gonna handle the vocals and we're gonna put on a show. And it was cool because you got to see I've seen Metallica ten times, right, but I've seen Metallica with Kid Rock and Jonathan uh whatever Davis singing one time. Right, So it was cool. It was meat Yeah.
Speaker 4: Ah, right up, we have the news, but after the news, we are still having our health segment.
Speaker 1: Yes, and the topic is I think interesting, is it's on stretching or we've all heard you know, when you're a kid and you're an athlete, you should stretch, and as an adult it's important to stretch, well, is it. Yeah, he's gonna educate us on that and maybe set the record straate on what we should be doing both as young people and as we get older in terms of stretching. All right, with that, we head into the news. News Radio seven hundred w l W News Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 14: A possible connection between the mass shooting and the murder of a professor.
Speaker 1: This is the four o'clock report.
Speaker 14: I'm Matt Reeves breaking now a new development this afternoon and the search for a killer in New England that suspect wanted in the mass shooting at Brown Universe in Providence may be the one who also murdered an MIT professor in his home in the Boston area.
Speaker 15: Law enforcement sources tell ABC News that the shooting at Brown University that killed two students may in fact be connected to the shooting death the apparent murder of MIT professor Nuno l'lero, who was shot and killed on the foyer of his Brookline home on Monday night, pronounced dead on Tuesday morning at the hospital.
Speaker 14: ABC's Aaron Koturski reports that at first the FBI said there was no known connection, but in the last twenty four hours, investigative teams in both cases began to compare their notes and they may be close to naming the suspect. In fact, police in Rhode Island reportedly identified a person of interest in the shooting at Brown. CBS News reports investigators of ID the person seen in surveillance footage, and the search for them is underway. A check on your drive home this afternoon. We have the latest traffic and weather together from the You see health traffic center. Do you see cancer center offers advanced surgical options for complex deliver and pancreatic cancers and clinical trials we won't find anywhere else. Get a second opinion at five one, three, five eight five U see CEC traffic on seventy five, so it was northbound of town. The crash on the right shoulder left shoulder taken up on two seventy five east bound after Tellbog and on two seventy five in Ohio west bound Moss Elder to seventy five. It's about a five minute trip and accident blocks the right lane on the southbound seventy five Ronald Reagan Highwood to Norwood Lateral. Expect about a ten minute delay from Sheppard with the ongoing road work and Gilbert and Martin Luther King Junior drive a crash seventy five southbound Hopple to the Brent Spencer's about a fifteen minute trip and seventy one delays northbound Norwood Lateral Torontal Reagan Cross County Highway and southbound Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway to Ridge about to have five minutes in each direction. My Rich rempanues Radio seven hundred doub d well w now.
Speaker 13: The latest forecast from the No Feared Dentist Weather Center Advanced dentistry the thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck.
Speaker 1: We're here for you.
Speaker 9: No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 14: Got a wind advisory and effect until ten tonight. South winds fifteen to twenty five with GUS up to forty five. Expected rain before three in the morning Tonight. Slight chance of snow between three and four am. Low twenty two, but little or no snow accumulation expected. Becoming Sunday Tomorrow, windy, high thirty clear Tomorrow night twenty five, mostly Sunday Saturday forty eight. Sunshine on Sunday and a high of thirty six. Looking ahead toward Christmas Eve, forty percent chance of rain in a high forty nine, mostly cloudy. Christmas Day fifty nine. Game Day forecast built by American Home Tech. Your roof's first line of defense starts with US americanhome Tech dot Com Bengals at Miami Sunday afternoon one o'clock, mostly Sunday in a eighty one. This news is brought to you by a door and window company and our temperature in Cincinnati right now is fifty four degrees and we have rain covering most of the tri State. Heaviest stuff moving off to the east. But there's another round racing across Indiana that'll be here in the next couple of hours. It appears these temperature swings, how are they affecting the pipes that deliver water to our homes and businesses. Steve Predmore, superintendent of water Distribution with Greater Cincinnati Water Works.
Speaker 7: We're actually very fortunate that we have snowfall at the time. The snowfall actually insulates the ground and it prevents that deep freeze from penetrating as far.
Speaker 14: Unfortunately, this up and down weather not causing the mass destruction underground.
Speaker 7: Big driver of a lot of the water main breaks is is that water temperature right now. The water's holding steady in the High River at forty nine degrees, and we'd love to see that.
Speaker 14: Bud Moore says, only fifteen leaks running on their scoreboard right now calls that a good number for winter time. Compare that to the one hundred and fifteen water leaks they fixed over eight days of mandatory twelve hour shifts back in late January and early February, the President signing an executive order today that reclassifies marijuana from a Schedule one to a Schedule free control substance with legitimate medical uses.
Speaker 1: The way sanctions its use as a recreational drug has nothing to do with it, just as the prescription painkillers may have legitimate uses but can also do irreversible damage.
Speaker 14: Today's move opens up opportunities for research into medical applications, possibly loosening regulation PAF.
Speaker 8: We've done one thousand meals this year. We increase se because we are inducing increased need.
Speaker 14: Saint Vincent to Ball was prepared with twelve hundred Christmas meal kits at their Nier outreach center at Bank Street today.
Speaker 8: A Christmas meal of a ham, a box of side items along with dessert and some nice fresh produce so they can make a nice Christmas meal.
Speaker 14: And Jones with Saint Vincent Paul, which was ground zero in the West End for a similar giveaway recently.
Speaker 8: Thanksgiving, we gave out twelve hundred Thanksgiving meals and we're doing the same kind of thing today so that our families here in the Cincinnti community can celebrate Christmas.
Speaker 16: Seven one hundred WLW Sports Here's a Bengals update, brought to you by Good Spirits Wine and Tobacco and Party Town thirteen locations in northern Kentucky, opened three hundred and sixty five days a year. Bengals back on the practice field today, getting ready for their road game Sunday in Miami. Preview it all tonight on the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Roundtable Show presented by Postman Law starting at six oh five live from Long Neex and Wilder Here on seven hundred WLW Red's Update. The Reds have made it official today, signing free agent left handed reliever Caleb Ferguson to a one year contract worth four and a half million dollars and HL hockey Tonight, Minnesota at the Columbus Blue Jackets Built Edison seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 14: Sports the down closing up sixty five points, SP five hundred up fifty three at the close, and NASDAC up three hundred and seventy two points. This news is brought to you by a door and window company Next News for thirty matt Reeese News Radio seven hundred wyl double. This report is sponsored by O'Keefe's Working Hands hand Cream.
Speaker 17: Listen if rubbing your hands together sounds like this. You need O'keef's Working Hands hand cream. It instantly relieves extremely dry cragged hands. Okeefs look for the green package.
Speaker 3: Do you need to entertain your out of town guests?
Speaker 5: Are you looking for somewhere unique to spend a day when it's called outside?
Speaker 4: You're on Thursday and rock ground about this time on Thursdays.
Speaker 1: We love to talk to.
Speaker 6: This selling right here.
Speaker 1: Yeaes our good friend PJ Street. Make sure you're following them on all the social channels at PJ Street, st R, I E T. PJ. We're talking today about a very controversial topic to some degree, right, and that's stretching. All right, We've all heard you and I and everybody out there that's played youth, base, behol or anything. You gotta stretch. You gotta stretch before you perform. And stretching is good and elongates your muscles and keeps you from getting injured. Blah blah blah blah blah. And then as you get older, it's important to stretch because you know it's just good for your overall health and wellness. But is that actually the case, PJ?
Speaker 10: Well, and certainly we heard that as athletes. But you know, we're all over forty years old, and most people listening to this are too. It's if you watch people just move around, you know, they get up from their chair and they you know, ah, they give it. You know, they grab their lower back and they you know, they're they're kind of staggering around, and they did just appear tight. And a lot of a lot of adults are tight. But it's stretching really the fix for that? Well, yes and no, but here's what you got to understand. Stretching doesn't lengthen your muscles, right. Stretching does not permanently make a muscle longer. You're not really loosening any tissue. What's really happening there when you stretch is more at a neurological level. So static stretching, where you hold a stretch for you know, twenty seconds to a minute, that doesn't change the muscle much. It changes how much, it changes how much stretch your brain will tolerate. So you're really stretching your nervous system and not your muscle. So for all the forty plus adults listening to this, myself included, if you feel tight, which a lot of us do. It doesn't necessarily mean you need to stretch, right. If you feel tight, it often means that number one, your muscles are weak, or they're under used, or everybody's a culprit of this.
Speaker 12: You're sitting too much.
Speaker 10: So if you feel tight and stiff, your body is trying to protect you.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 10: Your body often will tighten muscles not because they need to be stretched, because they they sense that something else isn't doing its job right. So, like, if you're sitting a lot, like we all do, your hips feel tight, If your hamstrings feel tight, very very common thing usually.
Speaker 12: Do to to weak butt muscles.
Speaker 10: If your lower back is tight, it's because it's doing too much work when other things should be.
Speaker 12: If that all makes sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, let me ask you this, PJ, because I've always wondered about this. Does it yoga? What what does yoga do for you? I mean, does it.
Speaker 1: If that's glorified stretching, That's what I'm wondering.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Yeah, it's a great way to put it.
Speaker 1: Rock.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is glorified stretching. I'm wondering does that really help you?
Speaker 14: So?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's it's it's it's a great question. Eddie and it's good, it's good. Segue What what is stretching good for?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 10: When does it make sense? I would say for relaxation purposes, yoga would certainly fall into that category. For stress relief, you know, if you're cooling down from from a hard workout, it can make sense there. And certainly and Rock, you'll you'll you'll agree with this. It certainly has value for athletes in terms of being able to access greater ranges of motion like Rock. Like when you played, it's not like you know, you took the bus to the stadium, you know, in your suit and want put your pads on and you know, got in the huddle because if you did, you weren't gonna you weren't going to perform well and you probably get hurt. So for you know, relaxation, stress relief, stress relief. If you're involved in the competitive sport, I think it makes a lot of sense. But but again, you're not lengthening your muscles. And for you know, for for the adults out here, just the general, Joe and James, what you actually need to improve after forty is your.
Speaker 12: Mobility and the way that you do that.
Speaker 10: Number one, as I always talk about on here, You need to be strength training lifting weights through a full range of motion, so you know, deep squats, lunges, rows, presses, push ups. You need to be doing the reps with intention and slowly. And again, most stiffness is caused from not moving a lot. So more walking, not just structured workouts, but but more walking. Movement beat stretching and strength beat stretching every time.
Speaker 1: You got into this. But I guess maybe break it down a little more. If stretching doesn't elongate a muscle, what does it do? I mean, what happens when you know, I lay on the you know, sit on the ground and I can't touch my toes, But after I kind of do it for like twenty seconds, I can. Yeah, So what happens when you stretch?
Speaker 9: Again?
Speaker 10: As I talked about when we opened up here, it's more of a neurological thing, right like your bit When you stretch, think, it's almost like taking the.
Speaker 12: Breaks off your central nervous system.
Speaker 10: So you know, if you get into a stretch and it feels really really tight and you hold it for a while, your brain will develop in nervous system will develop a tolerance to it, so you can access a greater range of motion. And again, you know, if you're you know, if you're a young athlete, it's it's important to do forms of flexibility work, namely dynamic work where it's more movement based. You don't see a lot of static stretching the pre game anymore. It's usually stuff like lunges, like go watch the bangles if you go down to the stadium and watch what they do, and they're not doing like a lot of static stretches.
Speaker 12: It's more movement stuff.
Speaker 10: Or if you're you know, if you're just a weekend warrior, stretching movement prior to competition. Again, it's going to take the breaks off of your nervous system and it's going to allow you to access ranges of motion that you otherwise wouldn't have.
Speaker 12: Been able to. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeah, Okay, so stretching it kind of ready's against gets your central nervous system more in tune and ALIGNE got it correct.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 12: But here's the thing.
Speaker 10: You know, we're all busy people, we're all busy adults. And I've talked many times before on the segment here. You know, I tell you you gotta you got to you got to strength training two or three days a week. You got to do two hours of cardio a week. You got to get your ten thousand steps in. People just have a finite amount of time to devote towards fitness related stuff, right. I don't know that that you're going to get a great return on your investment spending a lot of time doing stretching, because again, if you're if you're strength training through a full range of motion, you're going to develop flexibility and mobility just doing that, in addition to joint stability, which is what a lot of us need.
Speaker 4: We're talking the PJ Street and at PJ when you're talking about full range of motion, it seems to me that's indicating that the best, the best possible workout is working out on machines, right, I mean, does it seem like that free weights would lend itself to that.
Speaker 10: Well, now you can go through a full range of motion with dumb bells, barbells, machines. What's nice about machines, Eddie, is that you're in a more stable environment and that way it's probably easier to access the full range of motion for a lot of people using machines. Initially, like you know, for instance, somebody might not be able to squat down with an upright chest to where the you know, their hamstrings are touching their caps, but you can get them into a leg press machine that's a little bit more stable, and they can come back and get their knees up into their chest and you know they're gonna get a lot more mobility work that way.
Speaker 1: So yeah, And now, in terms of athletes, PJ is the amount of stretching you have to do. Is it overblown? Is it underblown? Because I've seen things both ways. I've heard people talk about how you know stretching is an athlete, and this goes along with what you're saying here, but as an athlete isn't quite as important. But I always felt that it did. Like you said, I couldn't just walk off the bus and run on the jump on the field and go. Especially now as I'm older, I feel like I got to at least do something, whether that's stretching my muscles or my central nervous system. It feels good, so I do it.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Again, it's great for temporary stiffness, stress relief, and again and just priming the nervous system, increasing body temperatures.
Speaker 12: You can perform better.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 10: But but again it's not that you're you're lengthening your muscles doing it. Like for instance, you'll give you an analogy. If you take a corpse, right, you can probably get them into a really good hamstring stretch rights, when when they were with us on the planet, they might have come played of tightened hamstrings.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 10: So it's not again, it's not a muscle length issue. It's more of a nervous system issue. Got you well, probably more than you wanted to know about stretching.
Speaker 1: But no, this is good because again there's been there's always kind of the old ways of thinking about it and the old myths out there.
Speaker 4: But this this makes Now when you were playing Rocket, what kind of what was your regimen before a game? I know you've talked about running around the field and stuff, but as far as stretching or what what.
Speaker 1: So, yes, I would have a trainer stretch me and like my hips and stuff. And again whether it you know, at the end of the day, especially that and and you know a lot of the things we do, it's results driven, right, whatever makes me better at plane, whether from a scientific standpoint, helps or not.
Speaker 14: A lot.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's a lot of mental like Okay, this is gonna this is part of my process, and then you know, okay, so that guy stretched me, and then I go through some of my own. Then I slowly warm my body up and put it in increasingly more vigorous dimensions and you know, lengths and that sort of thing, and by then you're ready to go buy kickoff.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's perfectly said, Rock. I mean, some of it is just psychological, right, it really is. But for again, for the for the typical nine to five, are Joe and Jane listening to this. If you feel chronically stiff and tight, it's probably more of an issue that you have weak muscles or underused muscles and you're just sitting too much and not getting enough movement. So again, get your steps in throughout the day, make sure your strength training because again you're going to get both mobility, flexibility and stability and strength benefits all in one activity there. So again it's probably not an issue of your muscles or shorts. That's usually an issue of weak muscles, under used muscles.
Speaker 1: So PJ.
Speaker 4: With that, we're going to let you go. But what are your Christmas plans? What are your holiday plans? Here for the next couple of weeks because we are gone as of tomorrow until after the new year.
Speaker 10: Well, I got we got eight of us going to the precinct at two o'clock on Christmas Eve afternoon.
Speaker 12: That's gonna be fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tie the feedbag on there a little bit.
Speaker 12: Yeah, oh yeah, you bet.
Speaker 10: And then we got girlfriend's moms out in Middletown that night, and then probably my my brother's over in Columbia, Tuscle on Christmas Day.
Speaker 1: What I think you should do? You have a brother, right, Oh yeah, okay, I think you and your brother should do like a like a December twenty fifth Christmas Day, like just lift upon you know who can make who puke first? And then this is a good way to kind of start the day off. I think who's gonna win?
Speaker 12: Oh, I'm gonna wint.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't. I don't know that.
Speaker 10: I don't know our brothers lifting much many weights here in in the last ten years.
Speaker 12: He used to be able to squat like three fifty for twenty back in the day.
Speaker 4: But old guy now a little bit too much? All right with that, PJ, We will let you go, buddy. Where can people go yep.
Speaker 10: If you need help getting fit in the new year, I'm your guy. Uh offer online and in person services. You can find out more Revive Fitnessystems dot com and make sure to give me a follow on Instagram and x at PJ Street.
Speaker 1: PJ. Hey, great stuff this year, man, We really appreciate it having Merry Christmas and we'll talk to you here beginning next year.
Speaker 12: My friend, Yes, sir, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 9: Bye bye.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, that's nothing, says uh Christmas. Lift in until you a puke. Let's tick in With traffic and weather, what is going on well? From the uc Health Traffic Center. U See's Cancer Center offers advanced to surgical options for complex deliver and pancreatic cancers and clinical trials that you don't find anywhere else. Get a second opinion now called five five eight five u SEE See crash on seventy five northbound of town has police on the scene. It's the right lane that has taken up in two seventy five west bound between Moss Teller and seventy five right lane blocked with a crash and then two seventy five eastpot of Kelmogg left shoulder is when we find an accident. Seventy one north bound at bridge getting reports of an accident out blocking the two right lanes, and seventy five so it's southbound bound of Ring and High Highway to Norwood latter about a ten minute delay. And again from Hoppele to the Brent Spence Bridge, and we have seventy five north bound Mitchell of Paddocks, sluggish kemper at Deerfield a crash. My Rick Shremp News Radio seven hundred w WELW forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for to night clouds rain on and off. The low of twenty four four, tomorrow morning clouds, afternoon sun, the high of twenty nine. It's fifty one down. News Radio, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: All right, mister Pennay, I'm going to show you some images, and you tell me. What do you see?
Speaker 18: Looks like a butterfly listening to Scott's Loan show. I see a rocket ship, a rocket ship, yeah, lasting out for the planet Sloan.
Speaker 9: I see an indigo one that looks like a.
Speaker 1: Fish swimming in a mountain pond.
Speaker 9: Very good.
Speaker 18: Yeah, but a fish is angry because he's not listening to Scott Sloan.
Speaker 1: Scott Sloan, please listen responsibly.
Speaker 14: Join me Scott Sloan tomorrow morning at nine o'clock on seven hundred WLW my.
Speaker 9: Be best for us to discuss some strong medications.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored by Miami Valley Gaming.
Speaker 1: Celebrate New Year's Eve at Miami Valley Gaming.
Speaker 3: It's the best party in town and it's all free.
Speaker 1: Muster twenty one, Ohio Problem Gamily five not the top of the hour.
Speaker 4: We're going to be talking Orc and friend Jason Offfen from the Inquirer Cincinnati dot Com do a little gambling. But right now, Rock, we have our guests. Always love having this guy on here. He is an expert in the oil industry. He runs Pekoast Country Energy. The operates the wells all across the south central United States. It is a Ray Trevino RTI. Welcome back to the program.
Speaker 6: Oh well, thank you all for having me and Marry Christmas everyone out.
Speaker 1: There and you so Ray.
Speaker 4: We're here to talk about what's going on with Venezuela. Now we got this blockade apparently going on we're at least starting now, what's that going to do to our oil supply from henceforth, are we going to see our prices start going back up. I don't know how much oil we get from Venezuela.
Speaker 6: Well, we could definitely see the prices continue to come up and or also down. Venezuela is very important right now from a strategic standpoint. It make no doubt about it. It has absolutely nothing to do with the drug boats that are going across. As you all know, and why y'all asked me to come on is President Trump seized an actual oil tanker from Venezuela last week, and right now we actually have you know information they I get all my news feeds through mypaykos dot oil and based off that information, there are two more tankers that were just filled up in the last two days. And really, President Trump is set a president now, and if he does not seize those tankers, then organizations like OPEK are not even valid anymore. The whole reason we have these organizations is to keep the price of oil at a good price. And right now, with all this oil being proven to be on what's known as a dark fleet, that's all we can't account for, which means a price of oil will will continue to rise while that oil is being moved without being accounted for. Basically, it's a fake supply and demand that we have right now. And once we get that supply actually accounted for on the market, we could bring the price of oil down even that much.
Speaker 1: More so, Ray, I know, one thing you know Trump prioritized was, you know, opening up the gas and oil industry here to a much larger degree here in America. And I believe we get the majority of our oil and gas from America. But if you could break down for us, like the total amount of gas and oil that we use, how much of it is from America? How much is it from this country that country?
Speaker 6: Yes, that's a great question. Guys. We produce here in America fourteen million barrels of oil a day right now, and that looks like that may become the new normal just because of how you fish at oil and gas wells are producing oil when they come.
Speaker 1: Online and right right, real quick. So just put in context scores fourteen million barrels a day, Like, is that compared to last year or five years ago? Is that a lot, a little, a ton? Where are we at?
Speaker 6: Good question, So we've been averaging almost fourteen million barrels a day now for twenty four months. The country America uses twenty one million barrels of oil a day. So we will continue to get more than half of our oil from other sources around the world.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, and what are those the primary other sources?
Speaker 6: The Middle East is where we get a lot of that oil from uh and then some from some of our other allies. But the majority of our oil comes into our ports to be refined, while the majority of our oil goes out.
Speaker 17: To be refined.
Speaker 4: Our guest is Rachelvignho and Ray let me ask you in the Middle East, which country do we get most of it from? I'm guessing Saudi Arabia.
Speaker 6: That's a good that is a very good guess. From the OPEC countries. Saudi Arabia is the leader of OPEK, but also we do have Kuwait as well as well as Cutter and other places. But yeah, Saudi Arabia is a big one for us.
Speaker 1: If you could just break down exactly the reason why Trump is prioritizing you know, Venezuela and the tanker. I know you talked earlier about the president that it's said, but I guess what caused this initial strife.
Speaker 6: Here two things. First, of all, you got to go back to the Monroe doctrine. And then because of the Monroe doctrine, the presence of Russia and China in not only Venezuela but other South America countries is so prudent, is so there right now that we need to be in our own hemisphere and basically in our own backyard, and with Russia and China there, that sets a president that should not be. And also keep in mind, China basically controls the Panama Canal. There are many different canals across the Panama Canal, but guess who owns the end canal on each side of that and that's China, which basically means nothing gets through the canals unless they get through China.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: And what ways does does China way heavy in this whole dynamic relationship here.
Speaker 6: Well, they just signed a very good deal with Venezuela to buy more soybeans and also continue to buy their oil. Venezuela actually has one of the largest reserves in the world. And again it has absolutely nothing to do with drugs. It has to do with the fact that Russian and China or in Venezuela and that they should not be there due to the Monroe doctrine, and we need to really remove that presence as quickly as we can.
Speaker 4: So, Rtie, let me ask you how being in the business, in the oil business, how I don't know how incorporated are the Chinese and the Russians, but a mainly the Chinese. How how are they have they infiltrated the deepest roots of the Venezuelan culture as far as oil goes, or what are we looking at here?
Speaker 6: It's what we're looking at is very similar as what they're doing in Africa, which is pay to play. They're coming in and dropping billions of dollars on infrastructure and other things in the region, which then make them the favorite and then then re exchange. Obviously they give them land and resources.
Speaker 1: So ray in a nutshell though, Look, we've all, for certainly the last six months, enjoyed some very favorable gas prices. Right when we go to the pump. Do you expect with all this going on, that's going to continue? Is it going to get lower? Get higher? What do you see?
Speaker 6: That's a great question, and I just want to share this. I just got back from an annual lunch that I do with two good friends where we basically, guess the price of oil on this day next year, and I'm only looking at sixty three dollars oil next year right now. Drill, baby, drill is going to continue. And these gas prices is what President Trump wants to get down. I know that in Cincinnati, y'all basically kind of favored the prices in Texas. And we're averaging about two fifty a bear a gallon right now gas. And I know what, Yeah, and I paid less than three dollars a gallon for diesel.
Speaker 1: Well that'll work. Keep it up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, too awesome with that, Ray, We will let you go, buddy. People want to find out more about what it is you do. Where can they go?
Speaker 6: Oh yes, I have them go to the crudit truth dot com or the Crude True substack and that's where all my news goes to.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks so much, thank you guys.
Speaker 4: Uh Ray Travino. How does your website dot com dot that's yeah, that I still have a my Space because it is kind of a charity gig. So well, well, all we can do if the if a guy's telling me who's in the business that it's going to be sixty three dollars a barrel this time next year.
Speaker 1: I'm going to believe him because I want to. Yes, I mean that that has been great, and I know the economy, or I should say the price of things has been very iraq. Some things at the grocery store are less. A lot of things are the same or more. But the fact that that gas is lower helps helps ease some of that paint a bit.
Speaker 4: Uh rock In other news, did you hear I want to talk about this. This happened a couple of weeks ago in San Francisco.
Speaker 1: We live in San Francisco anymore. I feel like it's like a bombed out.
Speaker 7: I saw.
Speaker 4: That it was coming back, but I don't know. I haven't been there in ten years. The last time I was there, it did look like twenty eight days later, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But yeah, everybody's making a big deal out of the Waymo taxis they have there.
Speaker 1: That's a big thing. The driving guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, remember a couple of shoot it's been with the last month or two that the uh one of the waymos ran over a cat.
Speaker 1: Remember that. No, that was a big contra, the beloved neighborhood cat. Whatever. Well, you know, we have a cat. Now Miss Kitty Chaco or Miss kit Coco's her real name, but she goes by Miss Kitty. That's what I call her. That's what I call div Yeah, you're kitty. She knows what happens. Then, yeah, I know what happens. Then her back hunch is up to hisses at me.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: And also remember the uh the weimo was some but he was in the back of it and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, story yesterday and I jumped out of the trunk. Well, no, that was that was another one. Yeah, well there was somebody hid in the truck. We had that yesterday.
Speaker 4: But no, the guy's going down the street and then the waimo figured out it was going the wrong way, so it didn't you turn in front of a cop and the CoP's coming up and the guy in the backs going So the cop didn't know what to do, so they didn't obviously didn't get a ticket. But the waimo, come on, man, it does do some good apparently, or it can. A mother was on her way to the University of California San Francisco Medical Center. This happened a couple of mondays ago, and she was in the weaimo.
Speaker 1: Now I don't know what.
Speaker 4: I don't know the backstory on this, but your family unit is a little screwed up. If you were taking a self driving taxi to the hospital to have a baby.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's new age right there.
Speaker 4: Okay, so she's she's on the way and I guess if she's screaming, I'm having a baby. Well, the way Mo detected something was wrong, so it called nine one one.
Speaker 1: On its own.
Speaker 4: Way moo blah blah blah, owned by the Google company. Alphabet declined to elaborate on how the vehicle knew something was a miss. Now that's a thing out there. We've talked about this where people are seeing what, you know, if you know what I mean, get away with in the back of these cars and stuff. So they hire it, you know, they get it to drive them out to the other side of town. They're with their girlfriend, and you know what happens.
Speaker 1: So what do they claim like they're not being videoed or they are. But what's the what's the no pitch, no idea? The woman?
Speaker 4: What gets me is that the woman had the baby and the taxi went ahead and delivered it, delivered her to the hospital and they I guess the people were waiting for her to pull up.
Speaker 1: But they just the hospital. Hey, she's having this baby.
Speaker 4: There's a baby being born right now in the back of this cab, so they I guess they had the figured they couldn't get to it. She'd get to them before they got to her. Okay, basically no, But it does beg the question how does it know? How can it process all of this?
Speaker 1: What cues is it getting other than I mean she's screaming, Hey, I'm having this baby, take me to the hospital. That would be you know, that me reasonable, But.
Speaker 4: Well, it would seem there'd have to be some kind of precautionary stuff in there, right if you're getting you know, if somebody like we had that thing yesterday with the guy jumping shimming his way over the top of the back seat, had been hiding in the trunk, Yeah, there has to be a way for you to indicate, hey, somebody's in here with me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I assume it's it's video incorrect, because it would have to do that because just to stop from vandalism, right, if you know, somebody goes inside one of those things and rips the U polsry out or something.
Speaker 4: People are people are nuts, rock you know that people are gonna get in if a couple of drunk. If I'm if I'm twenty twenty two to twenty three and I'm with a couple of my buddies and we're all liquored up, I was like, let's get one of these self driving cars and mess it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just thinking you could, and who cares? I wonder iful at that point it would it would know that it would lock you in and take your right to right to jail.
Speaker 4: One would assume, yeah, so there you are, locked in the embrace, if you know what I mean with your girlfriend. Yeah, all of a sudden it incides to drive you to the cock to the police station.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, hey, hey, little little proc here, what's up, officer. I assume there will be a day not too far away where somewhere I go, I'll be downtown in a driverless car will come up. I I kind of wanted to be like, you know, because I guess for the most part they're downtown, right, So that's a little bit of a more controlled environment.
Speaker 7: Rid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I guess I look forward to trying it out. When do you get in your first flying cab?
Speaker 1: Now here's here's a question. Do you have to tip the driverless car?
Speaker 4: Oh, it'll, it'll. I'm sure it flips the old tip screen around to you. No, it's what happens now, and I'm not doing it. With that, we check in with traffic and weather, what's.
Speaker 2: Going on from the UC Health Traffic cent of UC Cancer Center offers advanced surgical options for complex liver in pank created cancers and clinical trials you don't find anywhere else. Get a second opinion at five point three five eight five U see see see big delays on two seventy five west butt at the Carrol Cropper Bridge because traffic is onund of one lane here that lays all the way back to the Highway four ninety five and about a fifteen minute delay seventy five northbound a Town northbound at Town. The accident cleared and we're looking at better travel times on seventy one at Kennedy with those with those cars toned out of the way. Two seventy five westbound mass Seller to seventy five accident in the clearing stages here. My bricks Repp News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for to night clouds rain on and off, the low of twenty four four, tomorrow morning clouds, afternoon sun, the high twenty nine. It's fifty one down News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 13: If you're heading down I eighty in Nebraska, take exit three fifty three and head to York. That's where you'll find the world's largest collection of marbles. Who talk of about a thrill that's so cool? Same thrill you get listening to the seven hundred WLW live stream on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by Land of Illusion Christmas.
Speaker 4: Glow Experience, the Midwest largest Christmas village at Rock About this time every Thursday, it's time to pick a few winners.
Speaker 1: Pick a few winners, and this is what will this be the last one before Clona and I guess there's the one next week. Oh, we're not here next week. We're not here next week. So this is your last opportunity to make some money for the kiddo's Christmas gifts. Let's uh, unless Jason was to come in and do a solo gig. Yeah, maybe we can arrange.
Speaker 9: That'll be good.
Speaker 4: Your boy, Jason, the other Jason from the inquire is going to be working next week, so maybe you can get on with him.
Speaker 1: How you doing, Buddy, doing good?
Speaker 9: Gets doing well?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Jason Hoffman from the Inquire Cincinnati dot com sports editor here to talk about the games coming up this weekend. And it's that time of year where they have Saturday games now. But let's say, let's talk about the game to the game tonight. Rams at Seahawks should be good. I'm seeing Rams by a point and a half.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this one's if you like good football. One of the best defenses, if not the best defense in the Rams, and one of the best I will say running attacks in the game with the Seahawks. It should be an awesome game. I like the Seahawks in this spot the Rams. Of course, I don't know how many people follow as much NFL news as I do, but they had some troubles getting out of Lax, so maybe they have one of those miracle bonding moments like the Bengals allegedly did before the Thanksgiving game where they were stuck for I think it was five or six hours on the tarmac. But yeah, I'm all in the Seahawks in this one. If it was flipped and they were playing at that so Ifi Stadium in La'd be the other way. But give me the Seahawks minds the points.
Speaker 1: Tonight, I gotta tell you, you know, mostly because they're NFC and they're on the other codes. I don't get to watch the Seahawks much, but I watched a little bit last week. They are a damn good football team, you know, and eleven wins. And the fact that they're minus one and a half against the Rams, who I think are also one of the best teams in the league. I think that says something. Let's go to the one of two Saturday games. Let's go how about this, Let's go with the Eagles and Commanders. Eagles they had lost three straight, but then they beat I believe the Raiders last week. They're a nine win team and playing the Commanders, who are a four win team. They're not in it at all. But I'm seeing Eagles minus six and a half.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm all over this one. I initially handicapped that I had Eagles minus eight. So give me six and a half all day long. Last week, as you mentioned, you know, get right game against the Raiders, which seem to be everyone's get right game this year. And I love the Eagles in this spot, they're starting to use design runs for Chanalin hurts a little more creeping up now as we get close to playoff time. I wonder if that was by design where they didn't do that as much earlier in the year and everyone was criticizing how that offense moved. But yeah, give me the Eagles minus anything under eight, all right.
Speaker 4: The other Saturday game is this is gonna be a good one. Packers at Bears last I saw Packed by a point and a half and then over under a forty six and a half.
Speaker 1: What do you got here, Jason?
Speaker 7: All right, So two weeks ago this was our big winner. I'm not gonna tell anybody how much money I put down on this when they played initially, but the Packers were minus six and a half, and we said at the time that line seemed really weird. When those lines exist, it's for reasons. Vegas knew what was going on. We hit with the Packers go on the opposite way this time. Two weeks later, we just saw it with the Pimples and the Ravens. Ravens came into pay Corpse Stadium and just ate the lunch and took them to the Woodshed. I'm not gonna say that it's going to be like a thirty four to zher in game, but I think one and a half is way too low. Give me the Bears minus those points and I'm even gonna move the move the spread up to six. And that's I did the math earlier on that. I should say I simulated it on the bed gm app and that got us almost three and a half to one.
Speaker 6: Money.
Speaker 1: Very good one of the Sunday games. And I'll tell you if there's a more you know a team that I would say frustrating, but you don't really know what they are the Buccaneers and they've lost five of their last six, including their their last two, and early in the season they looked like, man, this is going to be the team to come out of the NFC. So they're trying to, you know, scratch and clawing stay in this thing. At seven and seven and now they're playing the Panthers so this is a divisional game. They are somehow good this year. They're at seven and seven two seven to seven teams. Jase, I'm seeing Buccaneers minus three. What are you seeing here?
Speaker 7: We've got a little PTSD this season from the from the Bucks. I'm not gonna lie, no doubt. I've been on them almost every week that you've asked about that game, and we've just been burned a lot.
Speaker 1: I mean, honest to god, why have they collapsed? Well, you know, Baker Mayfield has been battling some injuries, right, and Evans has been battling injuries, so you know, to your best players and a few other things.
Speaker 7: But yeah, yeah, exactly, So I'm gonna go. I'm ready to be hurt again. Okay, I'm gonna go with the Bucks minus the three and hope that worst case scenario they win by a field goal. We push, but I am ready to be hurt again this weekend.
Speaker 4: All right, let's talk about the only reason to bring this game up is it's kind of surprising. Chargers at Cowboys. The Boys by two and a half. I'm seeing with an over and over under a forty nine and a half. That's a big number.
Speaker 9: What do you got?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The reason for this is because of the broken left hand on Justin Herbert, as well as the Cowboys having the rest advantage and the Rams having to travel or sorry, the Chargers having to travel. The Cowboys are in the same position the Bengals were in last week, where they're in that one percent chance to make the playoffs. They went out a bunch of stupid dog tricks happen on the other end of it, and they get in. So this is a desperation the old phrases of the throw in the kitchen sink game, where everything gets thrown in. Who cares. We need to win one week at a time. So that's the reason for the line. That being said, I don't trust the Cowboys defense right now with the injuries they have on the line, so I'm going to stay away from the spread. If I had to take one, I would take the Cowboys just because this is one of those lines that doesn't make sense. But I'm also going to go the under on this game because if anyone watched that Chargers game last week, they were surviving off Justin Herbert running with that recently surgically repaired hand, non throwing hand, but still and he was just converting third and six, third and eight, third and seven. It was ridiculous. I don't know that he can replicate that. But again, that Cowboys defense has banged up. Look for points to get scored, all right, and uh.
Speaker 1: Again, I mean talk about great matchups and maybe one you didn't have in your Bengo card when the season started. But Jaguars and Broncos. Jaguars, who I hate, by the way, I never did like the Jaguars, really very bunch of punks only playing. They're a ten win team. They've won five in a row. Broncos I've won eleven in a row. I think the Jaguars will probably win that that division there. Broncos maybe the best team in the NFL, A Super Bowl favorite, if you will, Jason, I'm seeing Broncos minus three.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's really incredible. And what they've what the Broncos have been able to put together this year, we all knew watching last year with them get to the playoffs, that they were on the up, on the uprise, but this year has just been taken to a whole different level. The Jaguars, in my opinion, are still a little suspect. They've got decent running game, they've got a decent defensive front, but beyond that, nothing really stands out that makes you say wow. So give me the Broncos minus the points here, and I'm also going.
Speaker 1: To go the over in the game and over by the way, that's it's forty seven and a half, is what I'm saying. So some points.
Speaker 4: Well, all right, let's talk about well and again I'm surprised by the Lion in this game Steelers at Lions, Lions by seven, the last I saw with an over under of fifty two.
Speaker 1: Big number.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the book makers are not impressed by the Steelers. Granted, they beat Miami pretty handily controlled that game last week in the cold. As we all know. If it GE's under forty degrees to a tongue, Bailloa looks like a peewe football player. But that's what I attribute this to. Also, the Lions, which I would have never figured is the case, are fighting for their playoff lives right now, so this is an one of those desperation games. The Steelers, meanwhile, are indecently firm control. They're going to do, I think is win win. Beat the Ravens in Week eighteen, and they're in obviously in the playoffs. So give me the Lions on the spot. Desperation game. And I don't know how much longer the Steelers defense can hold up with the injuries they have, But I like the lines in this spot.
Speaker 1: All right, Ravens, fresh off of getting their season back on track at the expense of the Cincinnati Bengals last week, playing again another one of a red hot team, possibly a Super Bowl certainly a contender, maybe a favorite in the Patriots. And how Drake May in his second year has played Patriots at Ravens. I'm seeing Ravens minus three. What's the story with this line?
Speaker 7: This could be one of two things. On either side. It's either an over action of the collapse that the Patriots had last week against the Bills. If you remember, they were up three touchdowns early in that game and I think to start the third quarter and they just collapsed at the end of the game and the Bills pulled it out. Also, the Ravens again coming into Paikhorse Stadium and just giving us slacking to the Bengals. So I don't like the line here because I initially handicapped this at Ravens minus one. So I'm going to take the Patriots to cover Mike Rabel against even when he was when he was a coach of the Titans against the Ravens was really good. His defense knows how to stop the run, and unlike the Bengals, stopped tight ends from catching balls all over the middle of a field. So give me the Patriots here. And I'm also going to go the under in this game.
Speaker 4: All right, the Monday night game. Not much there, the Niners at the Colts. Minus six for the Niners. I guess the interest here is watching old man Rivers get out there and toss her around again.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, did you say not much.
Speaker 19: There's the greatest show right now in the NFL. Forty four year old as he was Samsel dag Gollm Philip Rivers sink not really flinging it but tossing it as best he can.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 7: I'm all in on this now from a football perspective. Look, the guy's forty four just came off the couch, admittedly, and he set himself a bit overweight, didn't even weagh himself, So I love it. I think that the Niners have enough injuries on defense. They are another team that's just suffered a ton this year. They have enough injuries on defense that the Colts keep this close. But that Niners offense and all the injuries on the Colts defense, I don't know that Louis Romo can scheme up enough to hold them back. So give me the forty nine Ers just run all over the game, all.
Speaker 1: Right, And then the one that matters here in town, Bengals at Dolphins. At least it won't be freezing. I don't think Dolphins, from the looks of it, are going to go different direction at quarterback. No tongue of I lower they're going to go with quinn Ewers and Dolphins I don't think are still alive. They're third place in the AFC. What East. I'm not sure they lost to the Steelers.
Speaker 6: That was it.
Speaker 1: I think that was it too. Yeah, maybe some crazy scenario math, But how are you seeing this one, Jason?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so the Dolphins are out of it as well. That's obviously the motivation for going to Queen Eewers. The only thing so two things about this game. When the line initially came out, it was Bengals minus four and a half. I was a little surprised. Maybe it's because of the travel and also an overreaction to how bad they looked last week, but I thought this was at least a touchdown game to start, and that was before Tua got benched for quinn Ewers. The one thing that should scare people about this game is the Bengals against first time starting quarterbacks. The history and we have adown on Cincinna dot Com from Dave Clark. The history is not good. A lot of people will remember recently the game two years ago where Mike White for the Jets just threw it all over the yard against the Bengals and the Bengals ended up losing that game. But yeah, quinn Ewers getting us first start against the Bengals is one thing. And the other thing that really confused me in this game was the over under. Last I checked, I think it was fifty two and a half. Wow. And my question was are the Bengals going to score forty nine points? Because I don't know that that Dolphins offense with quinn Ewers is going to put up a ton of numbers. Again the superstition being first time starters against the Bengals. But give me the Bengals minus the points here and give me that under the big number. Someone in Vegas obviously knows something I don't know. But the yeah under in the Bengals minus the points and the other thing here, just one prop bet to throw out for your listener. Joe Burrow to throw two or more touchdown passes, and Joe Burrow to score a touchdown a running touchdown, we'll both get you really good money in the books. So just toss not out there.
Speaker 4: All right with that, Jase, We will let you go, buddy, Thanks so much.
Speaker 7: Hey, thanks guys, having merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: And you do the same, buddy, Thanks Chase.
Speaker 4: Jason Mahakin from the Inquirer Cincinnati dot Com sports editor. And that is a big number, Like he said, they're gonna starting a rookie quarterback and the over under a fifty two and a half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're expecting a big bounce back from Joe Burrow, which you know maybe is with a lot of the you know, the angst around the franchise here this week, that may happen. All right with that, let's check in with traffic and weather.
Speaker 7: What is going on?
Speaker 2: And from the UC Health Traffic Center, you see's cancer and Center offers advanced surgical options for complex oliver and pancreas cancers and clinical trials you don't find anywhere else. Get a second opinion now called five wins three five eight five u CECC accident Ton seventy five northbound two seventy five Reunion Center has about a ten minute delay. Now we're looking at delays back to Sharon road breakdown on the exit ramp of seventy five southbound. It's the off ramp to Hoppele and police are there. Fifteen minute drive on southbound seventy five boun Ol Reagan Highway to Northwood Lateral because of the ongoing road work at the Carrol Cropper Bridge. We do have sodouns because of the work westbound Tree seventy five between the Kentucky Indiana State lnet. It's about a half hour delay and sodown's back to Highway four ninety five southbound. We're heavy back to US fifty in Indiana. I'm rich reproduce Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Poor cast from the seven hundred WLW Weather Center for to night clouds, rain on and off, the low of twenty four four, Tomorrow, morning clouds, afternoon sun the high twenty nine. It's fifty one down News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by Woodhouse SPA. Ask about their whole a bonus guard guys, if you want to get that never missed.
Speaker 4: All right, back with Eddie and Rocky just a little while longer. Got to get you along next time.
Speaker 1: Yes, but before we get out here, ed, there's been such crazy violence, right, and things that have happened here recently. You know, you down university shootings and and all that, and then obviously the Rhiner situation. But you know, it kind of begs the question why children kill?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Why children kill their parents? And join us with some insight on that from ABC as Brad Garrett and Brad give us some thoughts on how we should you know, I guess digest some of the stuff.
Speaker 20: So if you look at children who kill their parents, it's like one to two percent of a homicide that occur in the US in a given year. Now that doesn't sound a lot, but like a lot, but that breaks down to about one a day roughly, so it does happen with some regularity. Now, you know, if you look at the numbers as to motive, the larger number is going to be on kids that are physically, sexually emotionally abused and they can't take the abuse at longer and they typically pick up a gun and shoot their parents. The case in California that I assume you want to talk about, you know, I don't think it's that profile. I think there's a couple other categories general categories. One is people that are severely anti social, which may fit this particular trouble homicide, and the other is severely mentally ill, which I have to know more, but I'm a client to think it doesn't fit that classification.
Speaker 6: But we'll see.
Speaker 20: We just don't know enough. So if you think about somebody that's older that kills their parents, like in this case, Nick is thirty two, but you know he's openly talked, talked about publicly, and they even made a movie about his addiction. Going back to young teenage years, like fourteen. I think by fourteen he'd been in a number of drug rehab programs. So you're now talking fifteen years later when this double homicide occurred, and think about what drugs have done to the chemistry of your brain. You're now further and further behind because you haven't worked, you don't have an education, and you know, you're just sort of lost in life. And the resentment I think builds up even though you know on some levels you have nothing, no one to blame it yourself. But you know, people that are addicted don't think that way. You know, they're's really thinking about how can I sustain my drug a lifestyle, and so you know, as a result, that's where their imagy goes, and so to become basically angrier, maybe more paranoid, have less impulse controled. Some of the chemicals that change in your brain can et exacerbate your ability control impulse, which you may play into this case and may not. And so as a result, these kids end up killing their parents because it's the parents obviously that have put up with them for all these years, and that's who they go to for money, for housing, for whatever. And if you add to that acute antisocial thinking that it's all about me and I don't care about anybody else, then I'm going to guess here that some event, some precipitated event, tipped him over the edge that he became so enraged in his parents that he not only killed them as the way or supposedly he's been charged, but allegedly he killed his parents by stabbing them that which is a highly personal crime that involves much more energy and time and your eyeball, the eyeball the person you're killing. I mean, it's it's it's an additional step beyond I mean, the typical twelve year old who's being abused, we'll just pick up a gun and shoot the parent. Sure, I mean you can kind of understand that on some levels, but.
Speaker 4: You know, this is such a trashedy Brad Garrett, crime and terrorism analyst for ABC. Now, Brad, is it a situation where sometimes the parents, yeah, you know, you mean, well, it's you, it's your kid. You're trying to help. But one of the things that's kind of stuck in my mind. They took this guy to a fancy Christmas I don't care, it doesn't even manter.
Speaker 1: It's a fancy Christmas party.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 4: It's great, right, It's just what happens. It was with a bunch of well known people in a very upscale situation, and they took him along. Now, you had to know this kid was going to go sideways in the situation. I don't know, for the life of me, I can't figure out why you would where you would put that kid in that kind of a situation knowing pretty much knowing what was going to happen.
Speaker 20: Well, I get that, and apparently, according to people have just read this button. Public source you know, friends of the family say he's gone sideways in other social situations. Right now, I don't know if that's true or not, but it wouldn't surprise me based on what little we know.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 20: Yeah, but if you think about this from the parents' standpoint, who careful him deeply, who've been putting up with can you imagine what their life has been like the last twenty years in dealing with him day in and day out. Uh, you know, it would just be unbelievable. But the point being is that, you know, they may have felt that if they keep putting it false off, maybe I keep putting in the situations, he will eventually come around. So maybe that and they didn't feel like they should leave me at home because at this point he's again living in their guest house on their property. So maybe some r chanel of that was part of this. But yeah, I understand why you would think. It's probably not a good idea, and it may be what even fired him off more if in fact things happened at this gathering. Yeah, so you know, we may eventually know that, but we don't know that. But the short answer is, there usually is precipitating an event that tend to tip people over to committee.
Speaker 4: With that, Brad, we were going to have to let you go. We really appreciate you talking to us, man. Thanks so much.
Speaker 20: You're welcome.
Speaker 7: Take care, guys, Thanks Brad.
Speaker 4: Ah right, well, Rock that that is what it is, and so much going on right now, right.
Speaker 1: Yes, before I get out of here, Ed, I saw this story at was interesting and it's about our neighbors to the south, Kentucky, a woman who has lived in Kentucky, and I'm just gonna read it because it's pretty fascinating. A Kentucky girl who had been missing for forty two years was recently found alive. Wow, and with a new identity. She also had no idea that she had been kidnapped and was considered to be missing for over forty years. So Michelle Mary Newton Michelle Marie Newton excuse me, was reported missing on April second, nineteen eighty three, when she was three years old. Turns out she'd been living the past four plus decades under a fake name, so kind of going through it here. According to the Jefferson County Sheriff, Deborah Newton relocated from Louisville, Kentucky, to Georgia, She claimed the move was for a new job and to prepare a new home for family. Michelle's father, Joseph Newton, remained behind in Kentucky, thinking he would soon reunite with his family. Instead, Deborah and Michelle vanished WLKY news that he last spoke to his wife somewhere between nineteen eighty four and nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 17: Wow.
Speaker 1: At one point, Debora was on the FBI's top eight most wanted list for parental kidnappings. The case against Deborah was active until two thousand, when it was dismissed because prosecutors couldn't reach Joseph. In two thousand and five, Michelle Marie Newton's name was removed from a nationwide missing child database because at this point, it's like, what are we doing. In twenty sixteen, the case was reopened at the request of a family member a crime Stoppers tip. I'm trying to bridge it here. A crime Stoppers tip finally saw the case after more than forty years, led the authorities to a retirement community in the Villages. In the Villages in Florida, Deborah Newton, now identifying as Sharon Neely and with a new husband, was walking her dog and talking with her neighbor. When deputies arrived at her home, they're coming for you, Sharon, joke the neighbor. Well, it turns out that's exactly who they were coming from. Can you imagine she had she had left and kidnapped her kid changed her identity, and somehow wound up living in Florida under an alias for forty years. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I always think about that when you read about people who have gotten away with rob You know, they go into deep cover and change their identity exactly like this, and all of a sudden, one day, twenty years into your new life, would you? I mean that whole time, I've always wondered, are you looking over your shoulder?
Speaker 1: The whole time? It's like it's like in Goodfellas, right when he gets to the alias, he walks outside and he's kind of looking around like yeah, yeah. It just takes you know, some random happenstance where somebody's on vacation and they're like, ed, what are you doing?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 1: Seen you in ten years? Like I'm not a.
Speaker 4: I'm Frank.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Frank, I'm not the guy you know, not that guy. These are not the droids you're looking for. That I feel like you would like if you had to enter witness protection or something like that, you would constantly be.
Speaker 4: I'd be scared to death all the time. That would suck. You have to go to like you know, Pacific Northwest, right, you would have to you would have to be literally a hermit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and live out in the in the sticks in the bush.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's not well any type of existence.
Speaker 4: In that kind of your dream to naked in that way. You could be naked and afraid, living on your own in a in a shotgun check someplace.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 1: This is kind of my dream now that you say it, Well, you don't have to commit a crime.
Speaker 4: Leave leave I mean to do something like non violent rob a bank or something and then the disappear. I don't kill me kids though, And Kelly, you can be here somewhere down the road that they'll be walking down. There'll be grown men with their with your grandkids, and you'll have your hermit beard and all that. You'll have to get dressed to come to town, though. But you come up and you're like, I I'm your dude, and they'll they'll beat you.
Speaker 1: Up, like that's not true. We're just some drunken hal Darrel degenerate.
Speaker 4: Our mom told us, with that doesn't mind, Let's let's check in with traffic and weather.
Speaker 1: What's going on.