Speaker 1: This is world champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: Here we go again.
Speaker 1: We get a running back hosted by Dodger Saint signer David Bassi.
Speaker 2: How are three peat in the mix?
Speaker 1: Dodger Talk is brought to you by La County Public Works Champions Recycle Beverage Containers, make the play Recycle Today, and by Children's Hospital LA from Colds to Cancer. We got this to get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven days and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you get your podcasts. And now your host, here's Tim Kakes.
Speaker 3: Oh and welcome to Off Night Dodger Talk here on this Thursday nights, August the six. Thanks for being with us, Tim Kates, and you for the next hour here on Off Night Dodger Talk on a five seventy LA Sports phone lines wide open at eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy Jump on board. There's a lot to get to here on Off Night Dodger Talk. Even though the Dodgers with a much needed night off, a lot to dive into, a lot to break down, including a farm report coming up in about forty five minutes. The Major League Baseball Trade deadline has come and gone, a little bit of a shakeup, and the Dodgers' top ten of their minor league prospects will tell you what has changed where they're at and how they're doing here. As we flipped the calendar to the month of August, and the trade deadline has coming gone, with Zayer Hope the only real casualty along with River Ryan going into Trek Scoople trade to the Detroit Tigers. As the Dodgers saw Terrek School will make his Dodger debut on Tuesday night at Wrigley Field in Chicago. He came up with the loss, a game in which the Dodgers' offense struggled, and man, haven't We've been saying.
Speaker 2: That a lot lately.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers' offense just sputtering, and as a whole, this Dodger t really struggling and having lost six in a row, eight of their last ten, and what was a fourteen game lead in the NLS has dwindled down to eight and depending on what happened tonight over an Arizona game that is underway a Chase Field between the Diamondbacks and the Padres, a Snake's win and that lead is down to seven and a half leading up to what has now become a big three game series Friday, Saturday and Sunday over in the Desert between the Dodgers and the Arizona Diamondbacks. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy. We got a lot to get to, including looking back at the trade deadline, what the Dodgers did with getting Trek school Ball, and when you really kind of sit back and look at what that trade meant for the Dodgers, it was a big one. Not only do they keep them away from the Brewers and the Tampa Bay Rays and any other team that was sniffing around and made an offer to the Detroit Tigers, but at this point of this season, where the rotation sits, where guys are currently on the injured list or coming off the injured list, quite frankly, the Dodgers needed another arm. And it's surprising to say that. It's kind of laughable if you're not an in LA and you're not a Dodger fan and you're looking in the out think outside and thinking, wow, this Dodger team, the last thing they need is more pitching. Come on, Well, when you look at it, though, show hey Otani not pitching right now. We may not see him start another game for the Dodgers this year. He's not ramped up. He's been shut down for a few weeks. It's going to take him a few weeks and a few starts to ramp back up. So where does he sit as far as being a part of this rotation the remainder of the season and the postseason, show hey Otani is a question mark. Tyler Glass now still a few weeks away, so he's not close to returning. You've got Blake Snell hasn't pitched much for this Dodgers team. He's set to come off the injured list next week when the Dodgers return home. But let's be honest, we haven't been able to count on Blake Snell here in twenty twenty six. So you assume he's healthy and you assume he's good to go coming off the injured list, but you know, this season just hasn't been a season where you can count on him. You look at Yoshanoba, Justin Robleski, the two really pillars of this rotation here at twenty twenty six, taking the ball every single week when asked upon them. Justin Robleski's now had back to back really bad starts, giving up a total of eight home runs, four in his each starts against the Mariners and the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field this week. He has come back down to earth what was a magical first half of the season, an all star first half, and rightfully so, he was really good. The numbers don't lie, but he's now reaching that part of the season where he has surpassed his number innings in his career. He has surpassed a career high and starts. We're in an uncharted territory here for a young pitcher in this Dodger's rotation. So what do we get from Justin Robleski moving forward? Eric Lower keeps him at the trade deadline, has a really pour outing yesterday in Chicago and what it would have been a fairy tale run since coming over from the Blue Jays. So there's been a lot of ups and there's a lot of the gain power on this Dodger rotation. But quite frankly, as we sit here on August, the six injuries and question marks are a big part of this rotation. So picking up Terrek Scooble was not just a defensive move, was not just a let's add to a superior rotation to everybody else and just play keep away. This was at a necessity at this point of the season because of the question marks and because of the unknowns moving forward. Now, if we talk here in a few weeks and Blake Snell's back and dominating, and Justin Robleski gets back into form, and we're close to getting Tyler Glass now back, certainly it's a different conversation. But as we sit here on August the sixth, writing a six game losing streak, eight of the last ten Dodgers Lee's been cut in half.
Speaker 2: It's a different story. It's a different song we're singing right now.
Speaker 3: As far as the Dodgers is are concerned, eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the number. And then you look at what is out there as far as the Dodgers were turning, Besides Blake Snell and besides Tyler Glass. Now there are two Dodger who, quite frankly, I didn't think we see again in twenty twenty six. We may not, but certainly they are now ramping back up and could be a factor here the final month and a half of the season. How much of a factor we'll find out. I remember last year, Rookie Sasaki was basically written off injuries, just inconsistent, seemed like the major leagues were too big for him. He wasn't even in the conversation this time last year, and all of a sudden, Rookie Sasaki was in TRIPLEA Oklahoma City, flipped his confidence around, became a closer, a shutdown closer. In September, the last week of the season. They're still trying to figure out a role for him. So he was able to come back right around the same time last year. So there is precedent for a Dodger pitcher post All Star Break early August to still be a contributor on the postseason roster. And those are two guys that are really kind of opening my eyes. It's still early on in their return, but Bobby Miller and Gavin Stone, and I'll even throw a third one in there in Ben Casparius. All three have been just absolutely just destroyed by injuries this year. And you go back to last year for Gavin Stone and Bobby Miller, Gavin Stone hasn't thrown since August is September twenty four. That's been a long time. Was right around the end of August early September twenty twenty four. It's the last time we saw Gavin Stone. But how good was he?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 3: Shoulder problems have just really shut him down since then. Ben Casparius is in Triple A Oklahoma City. Bobby Miller is back in Triple A Oklahoma City. Gavin Stone tonight made his first appearance in over seven hundred days. Gavin Stone, who was so good in twenty twenty four. I think people forget how good Gavin Stone was two years ago when he led the Dodge with twenty five starts, one hundred and forty innings pitched, three point fifty three era struck out one hundred and sixteen batters. Remember twenty twenty four Dodgers beat the Yankees, and that whole postseason it was bullpen games. The Dodgers had two healthy starters and Jack Flaherty. Yeah, that was a decimated rotation showing a tiny culdn't pitch still making his way back from Tommy John surgery. That was a rotation decimated by injuries and it was all bullpen In twenty four but getting him through the regular season was Gavin Stone. Gavin Stone, twenty five starts, literally laid it all out there for the Dodgers until his shoulder gave out at the end of August, first week of September and they shut him down and he needed a complete shoulder reconstruction surgery. Missed all of last year and has missed the first half of this year. And he's been over at Campbell Back Ranch along with Bobby Miller, getting healthy, strengthening their arms and shoulders and throwing on the backfields there against minor leaguers, and they both this week have gone back to Triple A tonight, Gavin Stone making his first appearance and again seven hundred days as he starts his rehabit signment in Triple A Oklahoma City. Gavin Stone wasn't out there long, but Gavin Stone in inning in two thirds. He gave up one run on two hits, struck out three, and through thirty three pitches his average fastball velocity about ninety five miles an hour through a change up about forty two percent of the time. This is just a first step for a Gavin Stone, but wouldn't he be a welcome addition, possibly to this Dodgers team, Bobby Miller, if he can get back into form, He's an interesting arm to think about in the last month of the season.
Speaker 2: Now, is there room for them come October?
Speaker 3: That remains to be seen, because I think between now and October, first, we're gonna see guys competing again for postseason spots, postseason spots in the back end of the rotation. And then when there's not enough spots in the rotation because of the length of series and how many starting pitchers you really do need, where does the bullpen come about? In all this, there's only a certain amount of spots. Who's gonna be in, who's going to be out. It'll be interesting to see who makes a push, who's pitching strong, who's reliable, and who Dave Roberts feels comfortable with in October baseball at that point the season, everybody should be healthy. Class now should be back, Snell should be back. We don't know about Otani, but outside of him, everybody else should be back and good to go. And with all cards on the table, we're gonna see whose game who's ready for October baseball, And I think that's gonna been a part exciting part of this Dodger Finals seven weeks of the season. Just two weeks ago, all I would get hearing from Dodger fans like, Ah, this thing's over, this season's over. This team is running away with the They are gonna just, you know, ease their way into October. This thing is done. They have just wrapped up the division already in July.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: If that's the sentiment they've had in the last couple of weeks, but they've certainly played like it the last six in losing six straight and getting swept by the Red Sox and the Cubs. But the Dodgers League has gone from fourteen to eight and you look at the National League top two spots. Dodgers no longer hold on to one of the top two spots of the National League. And what does that mean, Well, you don't have to play in the wildcard round if you're the top two teams in the American League and the top two teams in the National League, top best records in both leagues, avoid the wildcard round and go right to the DS. Wouldn't a nice week off be good for this aging Dodgers team full of veterans that has been grinding. I had a conversation with Rob Parker today on his podcast over Fox Sports Radio and Point. I heard Jerry Harrison Junior say this on Sports and at LA as well Adrian Gonzalez yesterday after the game. This is a Dodgers team with a lot of guys who have played a lot of baseball, and they played a lot of baseball in the last two and a half years. And again I don't want to hear well, they got a lot of off season time, and these guys get paid a lot of money and they're playing a sport to grind. These guys are the best of the best. In twenty four you start the year in Korea, you go all the way to October and you win the game. You win the World Series almost near to November first, and then you come back after a short and offseason and you got to go play in Japan weeks before everybody else starts their season. That means you start before everybody else, and you start the season in Japan and you ended in Game seven of the World Series in Toronto, Canada. It's a long season, folks. That's back to back seasons, short and off season, and they're back at it. And for a lot of them, it was an early start to spring training because of the World Baseball Classic this year, they didn't have to start overseas, but you had the WBC, which several Dodger players and their stars played in that WBC. So another early.
Speaker 2: Start, and here we go August.
Speaker 3: You know, in essence, two and a half years, this has been a grind in a run for this Dodger's team, and they've certainly celebrated two World Series championships. But here we are in August and they had a fourteen game lead. I'm gonna be honest, two weeks ago, three weeks ago, when they're up fourteen games, I can see it where your mentality is like, man, I've been grinding and we're running away with the division. It's time to exhale on life and baseball. I'm looking around and say, look, well we've accomplished now. With that being said, sometimes when you do that, it's hard to regain maybe your focus, regain that edge you had, regain that momentum that you've been riding that high, you've been riding that long road the last two and a half years that you've been on just grinding and the ups and downs and twists and turns, and when you exhale like that because you have a fourteen game lead, which is only human.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers have been a five hundred team.
Speaker 3: They get swept by the Arizona Diamondbacks going into the break fourteen games down to eleven. At the All Star break, you come out, you win all three series on the road trip.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 3: You know, you squeak by two or three against the marriage and then you get swept by the Red Sox and you get swept by the Cubs. And what has been the difference in the last few weeks for this Dodgers team, Well, to me, they've gotten away from who they are. This is a team that slugs for offense. There's no argument there is a team. It's a lot of home runs and drives the ball. Really good pitching, which we've seen from the starters and the bullpen. Remember I'm old enough to remember earlier this year when the Dodgers bullpen didn't give up earned run for like twenty eight innings. Combine, and good defense and base running. They play good fundamental baseball all the way around. That's what this team does. Slugs pitching, and good fundamentals on the base pass and defense. The defense has gotten a little sloppy, and the base running has not been good at all. And it's up and down the lineup from show Hey all the way down. You know, game thrown out at home on a base hitting the right center field like Alonso did on the last roadchup in Philadelphia. You know, trying to single into a double and getting thrown out at second base for the first out of an inning, just trying to stretch a double into a triple, getting picked off at first. You know, not smart on the base pass is something you can correct. That's mental, that's something you could control. You can't control a ball that hits a bag that goes up in the air. You can't control a Baltimore chop like the other night they saw in Chicago where it was a Nico Horner hit the ball off the front of the plate and it goes, you know, sixty five feet up into the air and just hangs there and hangs there and hangs there, and the go ahead run score and then all of a sudden the floodgates open against the dodge. You can't control that, but you can control base running, you can control on the mound, being under control and throwing strikes, not walking guys, not hitting guys, not throwing the ball right down the plate, and you know, tempting them to hit home runs like we saw in Chicago where they gave up a bunch of home runs in three with eight home runs in three games. I mean, Pete crow Armstrong could be named Player of the Month just what he did against the Dodgers. So the Dodgers have gotten away from what has been their mo slug pitching and defense, base running. That's what they do. And it sounds simple, and it sounds like, yeah, team should do that, but they don't. So the Dodgers have done really good. That's why they've won more times than not. And that's why they've won back to back World Series championships doing the small things against that series against the Blue Jays. Think about all those small moments, the catch and left center field, you know, the catch and throw from from Kyk, the one hopper to Rojas at the end of Game six to double up the runner at second base. Great defense, smarter than the other team. Bad base running by the Blue Jays in the World Series. Not good at a good jumping, they could have been the game winning run at home. Instead, Miguel Rojast makes a great play, throws home and Will Smith gets the guy at home by millimeters. Those are the kind of things the Dodgers have done and that's why they've won championships. But when you get away from that, you're not playing clean baseball and you're not slugging, and you know, pitchings give it up home runs and you're putting yourself in holes. That's why you lose six in a row. So the Dodgers need to fix it, and I'm confident they will. I'm confident this team is going to right the ship and they're gonna get back on the winning track, and I think it begins this weekend in Arizona. Now, the Diamambacks have all three of their guys. They're Merrill, Kelly, Brandon, Fott, ed Guardo and Rodriguez. They're all lined up ready to go, and I imagine there'll be a pro Dodger fan crowd in Arizona. I mean, just based on what we've seen there over the years, but baseball wise, between the lines, get ready for this Diamondbacks team because they are gonna come out and they saw what they happened in Chicago. I'm sure they saw what happened at Dodgers Stadium whe weekend by the Red Sox. How to beat the Dodgers, how to press them, how to force them to make mistakes, how to force them to make bad running decisions on the base pass. This is things other teams see when they scout. The Dodgers put the pressure on them, and the Dodgers just haven't played Cleyton Baseball eight sixty six nine eight seven, two, five seventy again is our phone number. So the Dodgers are back at it tomorrow and again just kind of looking back at this long three weeks here since the All Star break. You start on that Friday in New York, you go to Philadelphia, you had weather issues in all three cities. You had to rain out on a Saturday in New York against the Yankees, you had to play a doubleheader. I'm not giving excuses, but then you're throwing the day off where they have to go to the Nation's Capitol and they get celebrated for last year's World Series. All right, that cuts into your schedule and your time to get off your feed. That's more time, you have to go do things. You're in a different city, you gotta travel, you gotta get out another plane, another bus. It's a lot of wear and tear again on guys who were in their early to mid thirties on this Dodgers team, and what five of them plus the coaching staff were all in Philadelphia also for the All Star break, so they didn't really get a chance to get away and decompress. You have one day off when you come back before the series against the Mariners and Red Sox. That's it in essence, they've had one day off up until today, over two and a half weeks. It's a long stretch, nine games, ten days East Coast Roady back home right away playing against the Mariners Red Sox. Quick turnaround of going to Chicago, you know, getting in at four o'clock in the morning on Monday morning and having to play in Chicago Monday night, and you got a hot Cubs team just licking their chops ready for you.
Speaker 2: And that's the other thing.
Speaker 3: Everywhere the Dodgers go now, teams are waiting for him. And that's what happens when you're the champs. That's what happens when you're the Dodgers, and again nobody feels sorry for him. But you have to be up and ready every single game because you get in at four o'clock in the morning. You got to go to Chicago and play that night, start three games after you just got swept by the Red Sox at home. Hey, sorry, no pity party here. You gotta get ready to go because they're waiting and there's Ranger Swarers waiting for you in Boston. And then you go to rickley Field and you know, you got a Cubs team waiting for you. You know that's that's the way it goes. And for the Cubs, sold out crowd, they were fired up. They take the first two. They come out yesterday, fall behind, PCA, hits a couple of home runs, drives in a bunch of runs, and Rickley Field singing their dumb song.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't say dumb song. They're singing their song. They're singing their song.
Speaker 3: Okay, they're singing their victory song there in Chicago, and they're feeling good about it. Hey, we got we got the Dodgers number. Well we'll meet up again in October. Boys, That's what happens when you're the champs. You get the best from everybody, and the Dodgers know that. But I think today a chance to just soak up the sun in Arizona, hang out at the pool, hang out in the air conditioning, play their video games, get their Uber eats, whatever they're doing. Just get off their feet in Arizona, relax and get ready for this three game weekend set.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be fun.
Speaker 3: Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is our number. We'll take a break, We'll come back on one line open if you want to jump on board. Dodgers have lost six in a row. Oh but it's not a time to panic. It's not a time to freak out. It's not a time to worry. This team is too good, too talented to continue their losing ways. Last year they lost seven in a row. Last year, they had played basically five hundred baseball for a stretch after the All Star Break. Dodgers blew a lead, saw the Padres come back, get within striking distance right there, neck and neck with the Dodgers late, and the Dodgers win the Division.
Speaker 2: Dodgers win the.
Speaker 3: World Series eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy plus he got arms coming back. Blake Snell next homestand Snell's Zilla returns. Tyler Glasaus already made a rehabit signment in Ontario with the tower buzzer. He's ramping up in a couple of arms. He may have forgotten about him. Gavin Stone, benk Asparius, Bobby Miller. Could they be factors. We'll have a farm report coming up as well. Busy Hour be a part of it. Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy you're at ANFI seventy LA sports Charlton's UK, Ronnie with the poll. I saw Charlton's UK with my brother in.
Speaker 4: Gosh.
Speaker 3: Has to be early nineties mid at Ackerman Hall at UCLA. They were playing It's a long time ago, long long time. I remember standing outside waiting for him to open it up and getting in there and it's it's an auditorium, standing room, no seats and kind of funny. Years later I go back to UCLA as a student in KLA. The radio station there, student radio station was right there in the old Ackerman Union there. Crazy all right, Welcome back to Dodger Talk here at MFI seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Dodgers with it on night off as they are in Phoenix, a chance to get off their feet, relax and get ready for what is going to be an exciting weekend in Arizona, a three game series between the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks, who are actually in action right now as we speak. Dodgers an eight game lead in the division and Padres won nothing lead over the Dodgers. The Diamondbacks in the third inning over a Chase Field, so we'll keep an eye on that until the top of the hour. So either way, the Dodgers will have a seven and a half game or eight game lead or eight and a half. I guess it will be what it will be if they lose in the division, which is going to be a fun series with rookie Sasaki getting the start on Friday, Yoshinobaiyamamoto to start on Saturday, and then Sunday it'll be Justin Robleski and what really needs to be a bounce back game for Justin Robleski. He has been absolutely fantastic the first half of the season, coming out of the All Star break, in which he got to, you know, be on full display there in Philadelphia. Justin Robleski has come out post All Star Break and he had the good outing in Philadelphia. Pitched into the seventh inning, allowed just the one run, struck out seven along the way. The game is against the Seattle Mariners back at Dodger Stadium, he gave it four home runs in six innings, and then the other night in Chicago on the Monday Night, couldn't get out of the fifth inning, gave up seven runs on seven hits while giving up four more home runs. The long ball has been a concern and leaving the ball up in the middle of the plate has been a problem recently for Justin Robleski, who I love. I like everything about him. I love his backstory. I love how he has worked to get here. He's not one of these first round bonus babies. He got hurt in college, was a low round pick of the Dodgers. They took a flyer on him, they developed him, and he has been absolutely fantastic the last two starts. You hope he gets it out of his system and can get back to being the Justin Robleski who was so good this year. The first half of the season and really opened a lot of people's eyes because nobody expected him to be in this rotation. Quite frankly, he was going to be a guy who was either going to start the year in Tripa in the rotation there with Oklahoma City, or be again another bullpen arm for this Dodgers team in which he was so big last year twenty two appearances out of the bullpen, two starts as the opener, and this year has just absolutely burst on the scene. Nineteen starts already this year, eleven wins. So if Justica Roubeski can get back on track, it'll be just an absolute bonus for this Dodgers team, which is gonna get back Blake Snell, which is gonna get back Tyler Glass. Now and you look at the offense top to bottom, shoe Hao Tani has kind of gotten back into his groove. A couple of home runs yesterday, seems to be getting back on base. He has fixed his swing. You gotta wonder if the knees feeling better if he's not pitching, has helped him get healthier.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It just seems like he's gotten back on track for whatever reason. Freddie Freeman has quietly put together a really good three month stretch.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 3: He's right now, what a fifteen game hitting streak after he had a base hit yesterday. Mookie Betts has kind of been that question mark. It's just been to me the head scratcher. You know, from batting second to batting fifth, they've tried him a third in the lineup, sixth. I mean, they've basically tried him a multiples. And that's something Dave Roberts did with tay Oscar Hernandez and Andy Pajis, Max Munty as well. He's not afraid to move these guys around to find where their sweet spots are or get him back on track if they're struggling. And for Mookie the other night, after he hit the ball hard, I had nothing to show for it. On Tuesday, his post game was very interesting. I mentioned this on Dodgy Talk yesterday. He was asked, if you're frustrated, what's going on? Is it your swing, is her mechanics? What's wrong Muke? And he said, I don't know. I feel good at the plate. I feel like I'm hitting the ball hard. I'm just hitting it right at guys.
Speaker 2: I mean I.
Speaker 3: Feel the same. I feel good the plate, and sometimes that's just baseball. You get the ball one hundred and ten off the bat, but you hit it right at somebody. You know, you hit the ball hard on the line, but instead of less center field or over the wall, you hit it right to the left fielder who has lined up positionally for you in left field. You know, things like that happen. It's the game of baseball. You can't find the green grass sometimes if you threw it out there like you were fishing, and what happened the night after, he couldn't figure out what was happening, and feels good, comes back yesterday with the four hit game.
Speaker 2: That's just the funny part of baseball.
Speaker 3: One game you're scratching your head, and then the next game you got four hits and everything looks great, and that baseball looks like a beach ball like it did the day before. But all of a sudden, it's finding green grass and you're lining the ball into the gap.
Speaker 2: And you're getting base hits.
Speaker 3: And I don't know what's changed, nothing same approach at the plate, but whatever the reason is, I've got four hits today.
Speaker 2: When I had zero hits yesterday.
Speaker 3: You just hope he builds on that and Freddie Freeman yesterday you heard it with Petro some money talked about it. Doesn't seem to be too worried about this team, doesn't seem to be too worried about this six game losing streak. Again, these guys grind, They know the ups and downs of a season. Six games over the course of one sixty two is a blip on the radar as we live here in the moment and we don't know the unknown. Yeah, I think a lot of us are like, Okay, how long is this going to last? Is this just a blip? Is just going to be August? Is this going to be the end of the run?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You start feeling that in the back of your mind as a fan. But you know, these guys have a lot, lot of confidence. These guys have a lot of success. And I'm not worried about it. If they're not worried about it, all right. Eighty sixty six, ninety seven two five seventy Paul and Elisa Viejo get us started here on off Night Dodger Talk on a five seventy.
Speaker 2: How you doing, yes, sir.
Speaker 6: Thank you, mister Cage.
Speaker 7: Ever since Moky Bets moved to shortstop. That's a very kinetic, neurotic position. It's takes a lot of energy, and in my opinion, Bets, is hear me out, please? Bets should Movie move back to rightfield where we can wressed The shortstop position could be adequately manned by a rotating trio Rojas Edmunds and Key Hanandez going back in second to short easily with no.
Speaker 6: Drop off in production.
Speaker 3: What about Kyle Tucker, Sir ninth Paul, what about Kyle Tucker. He's the second highest paid baseball player in the major leagues.
Speaker 7: I know he should be he should be benched.
Speaker 6: He should be benched easily. He should be benched.
Speaker 7: If Jaslina Hernandez did not resurrect his swing and become a little bit more productive than the last week or so, I would have said, put tune them both and left fee a right left bet at pitching matchups for the manager, better pitch hitting options off the bench. That that's why he.
Speaker 6: Should have gone.
Speaker 7: So Tucker should be benched. Y bet should be ninth. You can work hitter on the team in front of in front of Hotani.
Speaker 2: I'll agree with you on this.
Speaker 3: I'm okay with dropping Mookie in the lineup, and I'm okay with him not hitting second. I'm okay with him not hitting fifth or sixth. I'm okay with Mookie hitting seventh or eighth. The ninth spot, as we speak, is going to be the catcher spot. Now now that I think it out, what if you put catcher eight, mooking nine leading into a tani That way, you sandwich the catcher in between like taoscar Hernandez or Tommy Edmond and Mookie Betts. That way they get some pitches. And yeah, I can see that as well. You know, you hide the catcher in the eighth spot. And I say hide the catcher until will Smith comes back, Folks, at the end of the month or early September.
Speaker 2: We're looking.
Speaker 3: We had a rotation of hunter for Dousha and my guy Benny Biceps, Ben art Vett. That's where the catching spot is going to be and be handled by over the next three and a half four weeks until Will Smith is healthy and comes off the angel list. And he hasn't even gone on to minor league rehab assignment yet at that point, it's gonna be three weeks when that clock starts. So for the time being. It's Rart Vatt or Fradusia. They're about the eighth or ninth, and I can see Mookie Betts being whoever spot they're not in. He'd be into that spot, and that's okay. If he needs to get right in that spot, I'm okay with it. You're not benching Kyle Tucker. You're paying the guy a lot of money. You're not benching Kyle Tucker in right field. Mike and Corona, thanks for being patient. Welcome to Dodger Talk on I seventy LA Sports Dodgers Off the Night in Phoenix tomorrow.
Speaker 6: You doing, Mike a great here. Thanks taking my call. Sure, yes, I'm sorry. I just wanted to talk about I love the the charriff table trade. I won't get your opinion on next year's location. What do you think about the Dodgers Sindy Crystal Cat Space, the sign Eric stub before long term contract you Tray Blake Snow and Tyler Glasnow and machine for some prospects cast space. Well, what do you think about that? Because you still have a very good staff.
Speaker 2: I'm out on board. I'm out on board with that, Mike, I'm up on board. With that trade at all.
Speaker 3: I don't know what happens next year, and I don't think the Dodgers are in any hurry to get a deal done to re signenteric'schoogle. That's not even on the radar, I don't think at this point. And I say that nicely because we don't know what's going to happen in twenty twenty seven with the CBA, and you're not going to sign a guy to a deal and then find out that deal is going to hamstring you or handcuff you, I should say, moving forward with a salary cap or a luxury tax or however things play out.
Speaker 2: We don't even know.
Speaker 3: We have no clue what's going to happen with the labor dispute, and they're not going to sign a not knowing what the future holds, that is for sure, especially to a long term deal in Tarrek Scooble. The here and now twenty twenty six, That's what I'm focused on. August sixth, how do we get to September first, and then how do we get to the stretch run of October first and the start of the playoffs. Got to avoid the wild card round. You don't want to play there at this point of their career, and these guys, as much mileage as they got on them play in the last two and a half years.
Speaker 2: They need a week off.
Speaker 3: I truly believe that they need rest and get ready for the NLDS.
Speaker 2: And that's what I'm worried on.
Speaker 3: I'm not worried about twenty seven's rotation and what that looks like long term for Terry Scooble.
Speaker 2: There will be a.
Speaker 3: Lot of conversation about that moving forward. Bob and Malibu, thanks for being patient.
Speaker 1: Bob.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Dodger Talk. How you doing.
Speaker 8: Lets CC good to be on here talking with you. Listen to some Charlatan's UK, Tim Burgess and the boys. Good poll right there from Ronnie Matt.
Speaker 2: Was a great welcome, great poll.
Speaker 9: Tim.
Speaker 8: You know, first of all, real quick on the cub series after them that Pete the Pigeon Armstrong has made all year long in the press about the Dodgers. I had no doubt that he was going to be trying to put that whole series on his back to be the hero in front of his people. Good on the kid, go get them. Just don't forget where you came from. Buddy, My question for you. You know, during all the trade talk, there was some information that kind of seemed to think that the Dodgers might have been interested. And listen, I fully believe we won the trade deadline and Hunter and Ben coming back to this team. Good on them. I'm happy they're here. But I was a little interested to know whether the Dodgers had any serious consideration for Liam Hicks off the Marlins as a DH and catcher. Was there ever any interest in Liam.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the asking price for a Hicks would have been from the Dodgers, and I appreciate the phone call, you know, I think familiarity is something they looked at more over production and power and a spot in the lineup and whatever you get out one hundred produce. Ard Vett at this point, offensively, it's gravy right to Cherry on top. You're bringing both these two catchers back because they're familiar, for the most part with this Dodger staff. They're familiar with Connor McGinnis. They're familiar of course with Mark Pryor and Dave Roberts and the front office philosophies, and you know, all the numbers they throw at them. They they're familiar with the background, you know, the stuff we don't get to see every day, the preparation, the game calling, the preparation for hitters every series, that kind of stuff. They've been through it because they were in the organization, either came up like Hunter did, or with the Dodgers for last season like Ben Rohardfvett was. There's familiarity there. So at this point when you just need a catcher or catchers as it is, with both those guys, you're not looking for You're not looking for a ton of offense. You're looking for guys that can control a pitching staff, call a good game, be good defensive catchers, and be on the same page with.
Speaker 2: Your coaching staff. And that's what the Dodgers were able to get. Courtney in Long Beach, Welcome to Dodger Talk on a FI seventy LA sports. How you do act?
Speaker 9: Dam good dad? Talk to you, my friend. Hopefully I will see you out there tomorrow and coast Anisa, Yes, we'll see.
Speaker 10: That.
Speaker 9: Being said, you know, everybody does talk about these dark age like dark ages of Dodgers being you know, sixteen back and this shat and the other. But I don't think that anybody is really remembering ten fifteen years ago when we were in the true dark ages, when we were going to get slow fifteen twenty dollars to just get people's in, people in the stands, in the Franklincourt era, And really we have it so good right now, and that's what we have to remember. We have the best team that I can remember, and I'm forty years old that I can remember in years really truly, And that being said, I'm an eternal optimist. I believe in us whether or not it is another world Series, which I refuse to believe it's not, but that or is, you know we're gonna win. That being said, I really it's a very long season in the sixteenth stretches nothing yep.
Speaker 3: When it shows me, Courtney, and I look forward to seeing you tomorrow out there at the Petros of Money show remote out there the Van's headquarters or kind of got up against the break here. What it shows me though, is and it's something to kind of put in the back of your mind, Courtney, and to think about. If the Dodgers get swept in back to back series over six games, that shows me that when you get to the postseason. This can't happen because you get to the postseason and you lose two or three games, all of a sudden, you're gonna lose a series. So certainly, you get swept into series, you know, three games, your your odds are gonna get you're gonna lose that series. My point is, if you play bad over a stretch of a week, anything could happen, and you play like this in October, you're gonna get bout the offense, defense, pitching, sloppy base running. This happens in October, it's a problem. We're not talking about a three p real quick, Isabelle, Isabelle, welcome, how you doing.
Speaker 2: We're gonna see tomorrow, right, yeah, I'll being dead tomorrow.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you guys, doege you think they'll be okay? They did, They're not forget they've been to this that two years. Yeah and yeah, okay, they go ahead, they did do okay, don't start kyl Yeah right, they ain't. That ain't gonna happen, right right, God be fine, Ye'll be fine, And let's talk more about it tomorrow.
Speaker 3: You will, Isabelle, Yeah, don't hang in there, is he Isabelle Fromannaheim. Will be out to Petro some money summer too or tomorrow be out there as well. Van's Headquarters. Two to five thirty. I'll do Morongo Becauseino Dodgers on deck at five thirty. Coming up next, We're gonna try to get to more of your phone calls. We've got the farm report. Been a little bit of a shakeup in the Dodger's top ten list as far as the prospects are concerned with the trade of are hoping the deal for Terrek Scoople will tell you what the lineup looks like as far as the top ten prospects and what they're doing down the minor.
Speaker 2: Leagues on the farm.
Speaker 3: Tim Kates, Ronnie Fossu you It's Dodger Talk on an FI seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Dodger Talk continues here on an five seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being with us on this Thursday night.
Speaker 3: As the Dodgers a much needed night off, they are in Phoenix and join the Heats. They're back at it tomorrow for the start of a three game series against the Arizona Diamondbacks. Who don't look now, our eight games back could be seven and a half games back as they are taking on the San Diego Padres as we speak in the finale of their series over at Chase Field. The Dodgers will be there Tomorrow night, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for what has turned out to be a pretty important series for the Dodgers, as the Arizona Diamondbacks have picked up now six games in the standings. Dodgers had a fourteen game lead a month ago going into the All Star Break. They got wept by Arizona. That was down to eleven at the break, and now it is down to eight or seven and a half, depending on what happens here over in Arizona with his outcome of this game tonight. So we'll keep an eye on that for the remaining time here on Dodger Talk. We'll try to get back out to the phones if we got time, But right now, let's go down the farm. Let's get you an update on the Dodgers' top minor league prospects. There's been some shuffling around. Yes, was Zyeer Hope getting traded to the Detroit Tigers. That means there's been some shuffling in the top ten as far as the Dodgers' top prospects in the minor leagues, host Sway to Paula. No doubt about it, he's still number one, the twenty one year old outfielder, number four overall in Major League Baseball's Top one hundred list.
Speaker 2: He is in Tulsa in Double A and tearing it up.
Speaker 11: Catches is swinging a fly ball to right field, deep, going, going co on Homrod and the public loads. His eighteenth to homer of the year is a swinging off high fly ball hit chief to right and it is gone home.
Speaker 2: Rode A two Humber Night host Sway.
Speaker 3: To Palla, Tulsa Drillers Radio Network with the call twenty one home runs on this season. He had five home runs in the span of six games. He's now hitting three to sixteen on the season, the twenty one bombs, eighty two RBI. He's got a nine to seventy six ops. It's just a matter of time before he gets moved up here in the final weeks of the season to Triple A Oklahoma City. Mike Saroda, the number two Dodger prospect, number eleven overall in Major League Baseball twenty three year old outfielder in Tulsa as well. He's one of these top outfield prospects the Dodgers held on toes I here hope he went to Detroit for Trek Scoble. Mike Serota stays and he's crushing it.
Speaker 12: Here's the pitch, swinging a high drive deep left field, way back, cool to Singum at the warning track, at the wall, he says for kenn It hits a home run deep left center field. Mike Sarota with his ninth home run of the season, hits a two run shop and the Drillers now lead fourteen to seven.
Speaker 3: Another moonshot Tulsa Drillers Radio Network with the call. His tenth home run of the season in Double A. He started the year in Great Lakes thirty five games there, now fifty five games in Double A, three seventeen average, ten home runs, thirty six rbi in Double A.
Speaker 2: He's got an ops over one thousand.
Speaker 3: About another Dodger top outfielder they kept at the deadline, Eduardo Kintaro.
Speaker 5: Here's a hind rid to left well hit that's trouble way back, and that one is out of here. Home run home run Kintaro, and it's a three to nothing game. That was a fastballbot ninety four miles an hour, and Kintaro hit that a long long way. Four hundred eleven feet is the estimated distance.
Speaker 2: Great Lakes looms radio with the call.
Speaker 3: The twenty year old outfielder number three Dodger prospect, number nineteen overall on the MLB Top one hundred list. Eighty six games in high A ball, three h five average, ten home runs, fifty three ribies, He's walked sixty six times. He's got a four to thirty three on base percentage and a nine to twenty five ops Emial Morales.
Speaker 2: The dodgers number four overall prospect. He's only nineteen years old.
Speaker 3: He's a big guy, sixty three one ninety five, number twenty four overall prospect on MLB's Top one hundred list, and he's having a great season with the Great Lakes lose and the right handed.
Speaker 13: Deal tide blind ball upfield, packing up his friend all the way back at the fence, looks up and it's gone home run Morales a three run shot, and Great Lakes breaks this one open at four nothing.
Speaker 3: Morales started in Ontario with the Tower Buzzers, thirty six games now fifty five games and high A ball with the Great Lakes loans two to seventy average, fourteen home runs, fifty eight RBI. It's got an eight to ninety five ops. You combine the two levels of eight ball and a meal. Morales has hit twenty home runs, twenty seven doubles, and has driven in ninety three three runs. Christian Zazwet the right handed pitcher, twenty one years old out of Mexico. He is number sixty six on the MLB Top one hundred list. He's in Tulsa with the Drillers. He started the year in Great Lakes ten starts, got moved up, now six starts in Double A. So far it's been a tough transition ZH to one with the four to thirteen era. In twenty four inning, it's got thirty nine strikeouts. It's a strikeout machine. You combine the two levels. One hundred and five strikeouts between Great Lakes and Tulsa. James Tims the third. I've heard his name a lot. He's been a guest here on Off Night Dodger Talk. Number seven overall prospect for the Dodgers, Top one hundred, number eighty nine overall on MLB's list. Plays outfield, first base, DA twenty three year old slugger. He is in Oklahoma City with the comments two ninety six average, twenty five doubles, twenty one home runs, seventy nine ribbies, seventy six walks. He's got a four eighteen on base percentage, a nine to sixty three ops. Start to see a trend these Dodger top prospects. Not only can they slug, but they just get on base. Be a walk as well. You got high on base percentages, high openess. Zach Root, Yes, he is now in the top ten in the Dodgers minor league prospect list. Twenty two year old left handed pitcher, former first round pick fortieth overall out of Arkansas last year.
Speaker 2: He is in Tulsa with the Drillers.
Speaker 14: Swung on it miss ninety five, swinging a miss, ripping amiss here for Lewis.
Speaker 2: Root makes quick work of him.
Speaker 14: Swung on and missed, belt tip to the mit, swinging a miss from Stowball, packing a.
Speaker 2: Miss eleven for Root.
Speaker 3: Zach Root was in great legs, made fifteen starts, including that one, with six scoreless sitting it's just a few weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Eleven strike counts. He was promoted last week.
Speaker 3: Made his first start in Tulsa in Double A two and two thirty eight's gave it four runs on four heads. He is set to make his second start tomorrow. Jackson Ferris, left handed pitcher in Oklahoma City with the Comics, twenty two year old.
Speaker 2: He struggled.
Speaker 3: He was really good in a ball Double A this year in twenty twenty six, it's been an adjustment for Jackson Ferris. Seventeen starts in Triple A one and five with an erray near six and a half in sixty eight and a third innings, he's got sixty four strikeouts. Adam Serwanowski, left headed pitcher in Double A Tulsa, twenty two year old, twenty one starts eight and five, five twenty two r ray and one hundred innings. It's got one hundred and twenty three strikeouts.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: A couple of players outside the top ten. As far as the Dodgers minor league prospects, we'll stay here right here in southern California. Two guys with the Ontario Tower Buzzers ching Sanko co Belts one high and deep out to right field.
Speaker 15: This one is on its way and gone. Didn't get away with that hanging slider. Jin shen Co deposits it.
Speaker 6: Over the wall.
Speaker 3: The nineteen year old via Taiwan and outfielder's six three, two, fifteen and eighty seven games with the tower buzzers two sixty average, fourteen doubles, sixteen home runs, sixty eight harbi, sixty nine walks and eight sixty one ops. How about Kellen Lindsay in Ontario with the tower buzzers, he can slug.
Speaker 4: There's a shot to right center. That ball's hit pretty well. Going back, that ball is gone a home run. Kelln Lindsey hits a home run to right center over the corps lights sign. Just after we make note that no hosts has been pitching well. That makes the score now three to nothing. Ontario over Lake Elsinor.
Speaker 3: The twenty year old former first round pick is shortstop. Thirty five games, three thirteen average, four to twenty nine on base percentage. He has got thirteen home runs. He has got five home runs, thirteen RBI, twenty six walks. Again, another guy who gets on base with a nine to thirty six ops. Kellen Lindsay started the year over a camelback ranch and so far in the last six weeks has turned it on with the Tower buzzer. So there you go, a recap on what's happening with the Dodgers' top minor league prospects post trade deadline, as we say goodbye to Zaire Hope and River Ryan and we say hello to a new top ten in the Dodgers minor league farm system.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 3: Host Suada Paula, keep hearing his name. It's just a matter of time before he gets up to Triple A and who knows to the major leagues. All right, that's gonna do it for offnight Dodger Talk Mini. Thanks to all you for being a part of the show. Thank you for your contributions, for calling it in all your tweets at Tim Kates on Twitter at Tim c Ates, thanks to Ronnie.
Speaker 2: Foscio as well.
Speaker 3: We're back at it tomorrow Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck live at five point thirty from the Van's headquarters in Coast to Mesa after the Petros and Money show that leads up to first pitch six forty from Arizona. Dodgers looking to get back on the winning track. They've lost six in a row as they take on the Diamondbacks. Until then, have a great, safe rest of your Thursday night Solong everybody,