Speaker 1: It's Mojo in the morning show phone Umbrade four four Mojo Live. The text is nine five to five zero zero. If at all through anything that we talk about, including what we're going to talk about right now, you can relate to it or you get something to add text nine five five zero zero would just call me just like you would your friend, and we'll call you and get you.
Speaker 2: On the radio.
Speaker 1: Anna is regretting something that she did over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh, one of those.
Speaker 3: I made a big decision. I resigned my lease on my apartment and I wish I didn't.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, I thought it was going to be something else.
Speaker 3: That might no, but this is I'm really upset with myself because I do not want to live there.
Speaker 4: But here's the situation.
Speaker 3: I live in a very i would say desirable location downtown, especially with everything that's moving to downtown Detroit.
Speaker 4: We have Alo, we have Gucci, all these.
Speaker 3: Big names are coming and rent is getting really expensive. Well, I live in a building that is in a great local but I have the absolute worst unit in my building. Like I know, it's the worst unit. They could not get anyone to move into it. So I got a really discounted rent price.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with that unit?
Speaker 4: You've been in it. I don't know if you remember it though, because you were lit.
Speaker 3: There's only like one window, Like I don't see sunlight at all. Which was fine because at first I was like, oh, I feel really safe because one of my issues is people knew where I used to live and stuff like that because they could see in my videos out my windows. But now I go home and like I don't want to go back outside because it's so dark. I'm just like in this cave all day and like wanting to watch Netflix. So that's one of my biggest issues. Also, I just haven't had the greatest experience with the building in general. You guys hear about I mean, I guess this isn't their fault. The dog's peen and pooping everywhere, My package is getting stolen, uh, the apartment telling me they don't have cameras.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of issues.
Speaker 1: You're talking yourself into a this is a horrible thing, or you are living in a horrible place.
Speaker 2: Why are you why'd you resign.
Speaker 3: Because the price and the location, Like I was looking at different apartments around downtown and truly they blew the rent that I currently pay out insane, like they were so much more expensive, and in my mind I'm saving up to like buy a house by a condo in Detroit. So I'm like, Okay, just thug it out for a little longer, deal with this for another year, save up your money. But now I'm just like not happy there, and I wish I didn't resign, and this was a big decision.
Speaker 1: And any listeners that can give and some wise thoughts on this one here or quite possibly maybe you've gone through this and talked to her. I don't think that your place is as bad as you have portrayed to be. I mean, the packages thing is, you know that happens everywhere, that's gonna go on, the dog cameras, the dog pooping and all the rest of that stuff. But I've seen where. I now know where you live because you kind of pointed it out to me. I'm like, that's actually not a bad I don't know what you great, but I would think that for if it's if there's if the whole thing is, I just got you know, one window, which Bianca you've been in her place? Right in Anna's place or Kevin, have you been in there too? Tell me tell me, is it is it really bad to have only one window? Like, did you guys notice that when you went in?
Speaker 5: I did not notice, but you know, Anna sees things out that window to maybe also aid she doesn't like this apartment.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, you're talking about the boy the situation ship that has.
Speaker 2: Nothing to do with it.
Speaker 5: I think I think she has a great place, but I don't live there, so I don't know.
Speaker 6: I've noticed the window, and for me personally, I would not be able to do it because it seems just so small. I feel like it'd be like a jail cell.
Speaker 2: Really, I mean that's kind of how it feels. Is it decorated? Nice Bianca?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think she's a cute little athetic to her. I did not. It kind of reminds me of Kev's apartment a little bit. Woz. Yeah, she's a little cool, like light strokes and stuff is cool.
Speaker 2: Oh oh y, you mean the way that they decorate you at the apartment. Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I mean listen, beyond, I will tell you this, you sound fancier than living in the suburbs because you got like valet parking. The best thing about it she's got, like I can you imagine having a valet Parker every single day when it's raining or snow.
Speaker 2: It would be amazing. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I feel the same way though, is do you have like because I remember when I used to work quick and they used to sign mortgages, which is a little different in his case, but they had like a right to recision period where after you signed, there was like three or four days where if you wanted to change your mind you could with no penalties. Do you know if you have that in your contract at all?
Speaker 3: I haven't looked at it because I'm just like so annoyed that I signed it. But I'm sure I could break my least, but then you usually have to pay more money, and moving is so annoying, Like, especially if I'm planning on buying a house, should.
Speaker 4: I just stay there?
Speaker 1: You know what's funny is that you guys, a lot of you guys like Zach, I know it is getting ready to move again, and I understand his move. You know, moved recently, but actually it wasn't that long. It was a while back. We already resigned, mind, but all you guys moved to different things. I've lived in the same house for twenty some years and I sit there and I think to myself, with that, I want to move, Like I get move envy because I would love to have something, you know, new to look at or different to look at. But then I also realized how much money it costs to move, and it takes it takes at least a month to get up and running again, between all the things that you got to do as far as moving stuff, but then also calling all the different places trying to switch you know, your services, mail, all the rest of.
Speaker 3: That, and then there's only eleven months left to live in it, So like why.
Speaker 4: Would I do it?
Speaker 1: Hey, Helena, Anna's really upset that she resigned her lease at the Wayne County Jail. That's Beyonca called it like a jail cell.
Speaker 8: What do you think I during COVID, I was living in Chicago and I need somebody to take over my lease. Yeah, And what I was able to do that I was able to post on like a Facebook page in Chicago for somebody to take over my lease. And that's exactly what I did. They do have pages like that in Detroit. I actually found it through meats on there myself, okay, and it's super useful. You just have them sign over the leaks at the exact same price and then they just take it over.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of like they do that with cars too. You can sublease your lease.
Speaker 3: Does the apartment building have to be in on air? Is it just between you and the sub leasy?
Speaker 8: Usually the apartment needs to be in on it. But you can be like I found something to take over my lease. We'll take it over, and they run everything on the apartment side and then usually they'll go with it. There's no issues.
Speaker 1: I think Kev's right, though. I think you have a thirty day out on most contracts. I think there's something to that. But wouldn't it be better? I think that would be better than having to worry about some yahoo, you know, living in your place, and then you owe all the money for the broke the one broken window?
Speaker 2: What's that page? How you doing good?
Speaker 8: How are you guys?
Speaker 2: Good? What's going on?
Speaker 8: They have actual windows on Amazon that basically mimic sunlight and give the illusion that you're able to see outside.
Speaker 2: Fake windows.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just need the fresh air too open your window.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, that would be wild though, all of a sudden you got fake windows all over the place.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's a huge thing.
Speaker 5: Notes at a point, you see a lot of a popping up on ads, especially living in Michigan where you don't get a you know, sunlight for a period of months, Like people are buying these things to mimicate.
Speaker 3: I have like a sunrise alarm clock, so it mimics the sunrise.
Speaker 4: But I'll look into that.
Speaker 1: My old neighborhood, I used to think that my neighbor had one of those lights that keep you from getting depressed, those seasonal lights, and I realized they were actually using it as a weed house. But it was West Bloomfield, it was very popular. What's up, Amanda, how you doing? Good morning, I'm good.
Speaker 7: How are you guys?
Speaker 1: Good Amanda? What do you think about this? Anna's not happy with the signing of this lease.
Speaker 7: So two things. One, I agree with your statement of like spug it out for a year and like save up for a house because I'm about to move into like not the best apartment because I need to save up for a house. But I was going to say, since you resigned, I would use that as leverage with your like landlord or leasing company to get something out of it. So obviously they can't add in like another window, but if you have like an older appliance. So I had an old apartment that I resigned with that my stove was so old. I literally found it on eBay and it was like marked as like an antique. It was older than I was, and it made me like so nervous. And so when I resigned my lease, I just said like, hey, is there any way since I resigned I could get a new stove that has like that's more up to date. And they gave it to me like no questions asked. So if there's something that you would like, you know, a stove or something that like a fridge that you want upgraded, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Feel like I should have talked about it before I signed.
Speaker 2: Are the appliances nice in there? Are they good?
Speaker 4: Not great?
Speaker 3: There's like a bunch of dents in my fridge. I don't know why. Well I didn't do it. That's how it came here.
Speaker 1: Here's a way that I can get you to know that you're actually in a good place. You could always move back with your parents.
Speaker 4: And dad, but I think I'll stay in the jail ce.
Speaker 1: Or maybe I could talk Chelsea into this I thought about this when Zach was saying he was going to move in a new place. I've offered Zach that he could come stay with us and maybe we have the whole show live in my house.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: You can live I would put.
Speaker 1: What I would do is I'd give Kevin the choice of rooms because he's with the basement.
Speaker 2: You get the whole basement with the basement.
Speaker 1: Although I got to be honest, as a teenager, my parents moved me to the basement, so that was kind of like the you're moving to the basement of the attic. You know that you're not the kid that they love.
Speaker 2: I'm good with that.