Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 2: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can't they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 6: Now your pregame host of the world champion La Dodgers, Tam kats.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, and welcome to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, your official Dodger pregame show on this Friday, eight Pril tenth, twenty twenty six. You're back to back world champion Los Angeles Dodgers nine and three on this season, and just like the crew of Artemis two back on Earth, the Dodgers back at the Ravine Tyler Glass now on the mountain the series opener as the Dodgers started three game series against the Texas Rangers. First pitch from Uniklowfield that Dodger Stadium was coming up at seven to ten betweight then and now we got a lot to get to here on Morogo Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts coming up. In forty five minutes, tay Oscar Hernandez goes one on one with David Vase. DV of course checks in throughout the hour. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly Kirsten Watson from Sports Net LA will stop by and at just a few minutes we'll head out to them to Tim Neferde and Rick Monday and the galloping at Ford Broadcast booth, and maybe they got their Otani bobbleheads is show Hey Otani Bobblehead Night.
Speaker 4: Out at the Ravine tonight.
Speaker 3: A sellout crowd is expected as the Dodgers back home after a five to one road trip. They took all three in Washington, DC last weekend, took the first two games in Toronto. They were going for the sweep on Wednesday against the Blue Jays at the Rogers Center. Show Hey Otani on the mound. He would pitch good six innings, one run, four hits, two strikeouts, one walk. Rodgers found themselves down one nothing after a Hsue Sanchez RBI double on the third and the fourth row.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers tied it wrap back up.
Speaker 2: So one on, one out in the fourth, the Dodgers trailing by a run. Here's Freddy Freeman cease out of the stretch, hit hard up the middle and into center field, Smith being waved home.
Speaker 7: Here's the throw, it's cut off.
Speaker 2: Freddie Freeman ties the game with an RBI base hit, a bullet off the right side of the mountain beyond a diving shortstop, and we got a new ballgame here in the fourth inning.
Speaker 3: Freddie Freeman RBI single that tied the game in a one to Oscar Hernandeze sack fly in the sixth Dodgers up two to one, and then in the seventh Dodgers still up two to one when Will Smith added to the lead.
Speaker 2: Dodgers fell behind, won nothing in the third, scored one in the fifth to tie it one in the sixth to take the lead. I'll try it for more than the seventh. The one two Smith pokes hit the center field down for a hit. It's a green light for Miguel Rojas. Bar shows throw in head first slide.
Speaker 7: And he's saved.
Speaker 2: Rojas with the head first slide the home plate.
Speaker 7: He is slow to get up, yah, he.
Speaker 3: Would be slow to get up, had his hands stepped on, but he was okay. That's the top tier play the game, brought to by Arco quality, top tier gas for less. Todgers a three to one lead show Hey o'tani the six innings, he turned it over to the bullpen for the final nine outs. Unfortunately, the bullpen cannot hold on to the lead in the seventh and Jack Dryer got into trouble blake trying to it to come in, not before the Blue Jays scored two runs to tie it up, and then in the eighth Ben Kis Sperry as a one out walk came back to bite him. David Schneider scored on a throwing air by Will Smith trying to get Jimnez had second, stealing second ball went into center field, go ahead run scored. And then in the ninth inning, Dodgers had first and second with one out against Jeff Hoffman, who they got to in the World Series last year, but they couldn't get to him on Wednesday, as he held off the Dodgers. The Blue Jays won it four to three, Tyler Rodgers to win. Ben Casperry is the loss. Jeff Hoffman got the save as the Dogs still go five to one on the road trip. They lose the finale, and despite that, they're now nine to three on the season.
Speaker 1: Show.
Speaker 3: Hey Tani, by the way, reaching base now in forty three consecutive games, that is tied for sixth longest in Dodger franchise history. After a day off yesterday, Dodgers back at it now to start a six game homestand first up on Otani Bobblehead Night, it's the Texas Rangers. Tyler Glass now in the mountain. First pitch is seven to ten and with more we head out to the Galvin Ford broadcast both as we say hello to Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Guys, thank you very much.
Speaker 8: Tim. Great night for a series opener against the Texas Rangers. Here at Dodgers Stadium, bright blue skies above the ballpark right now, slight breeze heading outward toward the right field foul pole. As Tyler Glass, now we'll get on the mound to pitch the right hander against Kumar Rocker. Rocker, the former Vanderbilt Star now with the Rangers. That's the pitching matchup tonight. And well, the Dodgers come off a road trip where they went five to one, and if one thing had just broken a little bit differently with the bullpen, they could have wept that road trip.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm bene. I think from every standpoint, from an offense, defense, and the way the game was going, I think the base running, the fiscal play, as well as the starters in the bullpen not going to be able to ask for much more than what they were able to do. That being said, I think this Dodger ball club. At the same time, Tim can say that are they better than the nine and three record at this particular point. Yes, many will say, well, it wasn't exactly teams that were leading their respective divisions that they were playing against, nor were the teams particularly hot that they were playing against. But nonetheless Dodgers took care of business.
Speaker 8: Hoping to take care of business on this home stand as well as they welcome the Rangers, followed up by the New York Mets before heading back out on the road again to take on Colorado and San Francisco. All eyes on show, Hey, o'talia as they are every night. Forty three straight games he has been on base. He has now tied each Yuro Suzuki for the most consecutive games getting on base by a Japanese born player.
Speaker 7: The dime record Duke Snyder fifty.
Speaker 8: Eight games from the thirteenth of May nineteen fifty four to the eleventh of July, also in nineteen fifty four. But Otwanni just continues to get on base, continues to contribute home runs, are up all three coming on the road trip, and looks to hit us first at Dodger stated.
Speaker 9: He also continues to draw large crowds, whether it be at home, which it is tonight with Shoey o'coni bobblehead in commemoration remembrance of the three.
Speaker 1: Home run game that he had.
Speaker 9: But we had a daste of that coming in early this afternoon with people here very early to make sure that they were able to acquire one of the bobbleheads. But every time we turn around, he's drawing the attention and rightfully so.
Speaker 8: Yeah, remember that game, game four of the NLCS, three home runs, six scoreless innings, pitched ten strikeouts, saying that was probably one of the most complete games that he has ever participated in. I think back to the fifty to fifty game in Miami where he had ten RBIs and three home runs.
Speaker 9: That wasn't baviue, I know it wasn't. The one that they're recognizing tonight. Is that game that o'tany We say this often. He did everything he said, dragged the infield in that particular game. It's amazing. And again, doesn't matter where we are, whether it be here Dodgers Stadium, whether it be on the road. When he comes up to bat, even when he's on deck, people do not leave their seats. They're wondering what is going to happen. Well, if don't lose sight of the fact, other ball clubs realize that the guys behind O'tani had been doing some damage, including the overall batting average of two to eighty seven. Is Dodger ball club to begin with.
Speaker 8: For the Rangers, it's the return of Corey Seeger. He's halfway through a ten year deal with the Rangers. But the former Dodgers shortstop is in the lineup batting third, Tyler glasnow Kumar Rocker. That's the pitching matchup as the Rangers and Dodgers play Game one of this interleague series at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 3: Tim all right, thank you guys, as we calling down to first pitch on this Friday night, Dodger fans get that game day meal on Shaky's Pizza Parlor. You can order your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's Right now, Shaky's coming up here. I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts. We will check in with our Dodger insider throughout the hour, David de Vasse. He goes one on one with te Oscar Hernandez will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But up next, you're Otani Rewine and we visit with sports and at LA's Kirsten Watson. It's show Hey, Otani Bobblehead night out of Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 4: That's all coming up. As we lead you.
Speaker 3: Up to first pitch, I'm Tim Kates is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Lead you up to Dodgers and the Texas Arrangers. Jock Peterson his back, Cory Seeger is back, Tyler glasnow Kamar Rocker. The pitching matchup on this Friday night, first pitch set for seven ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewind.
Speaker 2: Well Tani with a five game hitting streak, three for nine in this series, ahead three and one.
Speaker 7: Here's the pitch. It is upstairs ball.
Speaker 2: Four a leadofh walk in another game added to the on base streak now forty three that ties him with Augie go on well Tony's won two. He struck him out fastball at one hundred to record his first strikeout and get him through a scoreless first inning.
Speaker 3: Show Hey Otani on Wednesday, getting it done on the mound and getting it done at the plate. His walk extended is on Bay Street to forty three consecutive games, tying each row for the longest Japanese born player as far as streaks are concerned, sixth longest in Dodgers' history. Show Heltani with six innings he gave up on under and run, four hits, two strikeouts in a walk in the auding on Wednesday, the longest after streak of consecutive innings pitch without allowing an earn run currently in baseball at twenty eight and two.
Speaker 6: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson and.
Speaker 3: Kirston now joins us from the stadium on this Friday night, brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Just donate it today. Your car can be picked up tomorrow. Donating now Carsrokids dot Org. That's cars with a K. All right, Kiris. In the Dodgers back Home the last time they were at Dodgers Stadium, the offense was sputtering, what nothing a road trip couldn't fix?
Speaker 10: Truly, I mean they were five and one on the road. The offense went on a tear and look, even Dave roberts Day was saying he felt like on the road he was just seeing a better quality of at bats. Of course, there were some guys who the results are finally coming. I think if you look at someone like in Alex Freeland, he was saying, how you know, he's working on a few things in the cage, kind of making a few changes to his stance that he found in the back end of spring training. But for him, he kind of just had to stick with his approach because he was just getting a little bit unlucky.
Speaker 7: The results started to fall.
Speaker 10: We're seeing how successful the bottom of the order has been and how that is truly impacting those guys then at the top of the order who are getting on base. You know, maybe in that final game of the road trip, we didn't really see the guys finding ways to scoes runners in scoring position, or even to some of that clutch hitting. But ultimately, when you look at the road trip as a whole, they had the long ball, they had their walks, they were finding different ways to be really aggressive in the box. And so the hope is just that carries over into this homestand but Dave said, just when he looks at how the bats and the equality of them were looking on the road, he does believe that guys are in a different position to start this one today.
Speaker 3: On the mound tonight, Tyler klasnow goes for the Dodgers, and he's been really good his first couple of starts.
Speaker 10: He really has, being able to get through six innings of works both in his first two outings, and he's someone of course this spring we talked about how just so much more confident he looked how the stuff was playing. He just it was clear he had a better idea and a better confidence as to who he is on the mound, he did go through a few changes on the back end of last year, so this is really a continuation of If you look at the month of September for Tyler, then you have the postseason. What we've seen to start the year is just a carryover of that. Even in his last one, he just felt like the stuff was in a really good spot. He felt good with how he was executing his pitches. So he comes into this one he tends to be very well against this Rangers offense, but hopefully he continue with that. But we did notice if you look at the rotation, so Tyler is today, e Mitshan is going to be pitching tomorrow, and then Roki Sousaki's going to have the start on Sunday, and so they ultimately they moved Tyler up in the rotation, and Dave said, it's because he's someone he wants to be out there. He wants to be on a more regular timeline. Essentially, we know with this rotation you've got someone like Shohea Tani. They're trying to give him six to seven days, so we've got that extra rest. We have seen Yoshinobu pitch on regular but they do want to find ways to kind of make sure they're playing the long game, not the short game. But for Tyler and specific made it clear that he wants to be out there essentially every five days, being in a bit more regular so they did just slightly manipulate the rotation to put him in a situation for this start today.
Speaker 4: Most importantly, did you get your bobble hoad? I haven't yet, but don't you worry.
Speaker 10: My eyes repealed, I will be getting it. I was talking to a few of the guys. This is one of the ones we've heard they're really keeping this year. Obviously the Yoshi Yoshi Nobu one, Yoshi, the Mario character. This one does seem to be quite the hot commodity. There were definitely lines down the hill when I got here much earlier, and yeah, I'm going to get one. This is the one of two, right, I think it's like a package deal. Yeah, so I will definitely get these ones because that was hands down one of the greatest games from the NLCS. Came four what ten strikeouts, three home runs, yep, one of the greatest reformers we've ever seen. Yeah, this one feels worth it. And then most of the guys have said that as well.
Speaker 4: No doubt.
Speaker 1: We're keeping this one no.
Speaker 3: Doubt, so we appreciate it. We'll check out the after the game. Still they come here on Marongo Goose Dodgers on Deck. We dive deeper into tonight's pitching matchup. David Veasse goes one on walla Taskar Hernandez.
Speaker 4: But I'm next.
Speaker 3: We'll hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts. Dodgers and Rangers on Otani Bobblehead Night. First pitch is seven ten. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 3: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Friday night as we lead out to first pitch show. Hey, Otani Bobblehead Night, Dodgers in the Texas Rangers, Marongo Casino Resort and Spa, A Grand Slam for good times. Tyler Glass now on the mount, first pitch coming off at seven ten.
Speaker 6: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 3: Report presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tommy Edmand on the iel recovering from off season ankles. Blake Snell starting a throwing program. I'm gonna throw the hitters here shortly at Dodger Stadium as he makes his way back from a solar shoulder. Brock Stewart throwing as well. Bruce dear graterol is starting to wrap it up. That is certainly good news. You hear Nandez Landing, Nac, Gavin Stone, and Evan Phillips all on the eel to start this season.
Speaker 4: Let's head back out to the ravine as we check out the Dodger Skipper.
Speaker 10: Any questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 4: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 11: I thought Freddie swung the bat really well and at home didn't get really rewarded. Continue down the road, you know, I think that you know, the bottom half of the order, you know, certainly Freeland and getting heysong here. You know, Freelance swing the bat better. So I think that just in total, I think, you know, Will looks a little bit more comfortable. So I think you should carry over, you know, to being back home focus on us from the top four or five.
Speaker 1: We can say, but when you.
Speaker 6: Have guys like Alex for you and based on Kim or.
Speaker 1: Getting their bats going, what does that really do just to a line.
Speaker 6: Up and how it turns things over and for show?
Speaker 11: Yeah, well I think that certainly it just gives you length, which which obviously we all understand that. But I think also with our lineup, it bleeds into the best hitters and that's why they're hitting at the top. So when you can pitch with guys on pitch the show, hey, or you know, or tucker with guys on base, it just you know, gives opportunities for bigger innings, you know, And so I think that that just continues to snowball on the opponent. So it's really critical for these guys to keep getting on base a community, it was more of just Tyler likes to pitch more frequently, and so you know, that's something that he's alluded to us many times over that if there's an opportunity to kind of get him to pitch, you know, sooner than he's opening for it.
Speaker 3: All Right, there's Dave Roberts with some pregame thoughts and an injury update when we continue here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll check in with David vas Hey, get you all the latest is We are leading you up to first pitch Dodgers and Rangers from Uniclow Field, the Dodger Stadium of Tim Kates is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Texas Rangers.
Speaker 4: Tyler glasnow Kamar Rocker.
Speaker 3: The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Al Pato, born in La and made for your game day. Ala Pato brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, salsas and hot sauces to your table.
Speaker 4: Al Pato Gourmet and a.
Speaker 6: Can Joining Tim Kits on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bassett.
Speaker 4: All right, DV with the Texas Rangers in town. A couple of former Dodgers also in town.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a little bit more than that.
Speaker 7: Tim.
Speaker 5: Obviously, we all know about Corey Seeger and Jock Peterson, part of the Dodgers twenty twenty World Championship teams.
Speaker 7: But how about Nathan A. Valdi back with Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 5: With the Rangers, he was treated for handling Ramirez back in twenty twelve. Also, he's not active, But Josh Spores was a relief pitcher with the Dodgers. He actually was the man that closed out the twenty twenty three World Series when the Rangers beat the Diamondbacks. And another reliever that's active for tonight's game is Chris Martin, who spent a couple of years with the Dodgers. So there's a few former Dodgers wearing that Rangers blue and gray. Not to mention their manager Skip Schumacher, who was a part of the twenty thirteen Dodgers resurgence to start this whole run that the Dodgers are on.
Speaker 3: David has brought to you by the Ford Maverick Motor Trends at North American Truck of the Year. The Ford Maverick everything you need in the most innovative truck with forty two miles per gallon at the best MSRP of its category. It's time to see forded a new light. Go to your Southern California Ford Dealers today, what's the deal with Blake's now, David, what's going on?
Speaker 5: He's in great spirits, Tim and has been throwing a lot of bullpens while the Dodgers were on the road.
Speaker 7: He actually hit ninety four.
Speaker 5: I was told in his last bullpen session. So he's going to actually throw like I told you a couple of weeks ago, He's going to throw to hitters for the first time tomorrow, and he also is expected to throw again by the end of this homestand so he's going to get two live BP sessions in that's you know what you simulate in spring training. And you know, Dave Roberts continues to say May and he's right on. So this is the beginning steps of him starting to go out on a rehab assignment and should be back in my personal opinion, with the way this is going and how he's pain free and where the velocities at. I know Dave said into May, Well, he's on the fifteen day il he can come back well before the end of May. So I still got the over under around single Demio, All.
Speaker 3: Right, show hey Otani the batter. Any concerns about the way he ended the road trip.
Speaker 5: David, Yeah, I mean he just hasn't looked himself this entire season so far to start the year.
Speaker 4: I'llbe a small sample size.
Speaker 5: But after the game in Toronto, I asked him whether or not you know he has the same feel that he wants to have at the plate, and he said, actually, I don't. I haven't felt like myself to start this year. And I'm not a guy that has great aprils. I usually start to heat up in May. But if you go and look at some of Otani's aprils, including as recently as the last two years with the Dodgers, he's hit seven home runs and won April before, he's hit two ninety and one April before. So I guess by his standards he's not where he wants to be, and he expects to start to get the feeling rhythm of the season as we get closer to the beginning of May.
Speaker 3: Hopefully you can get it going tonight on his bobblehead night, David great Stuff will check back with you in just a couple of minutes. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Santa Anita Park. Celebrate ninety years of horse racing at Santa Anita every Friday through Sunday with millions of payouts every race day. Check out more What's happening at the Great Race Place at Santa Anita dot Com.
Speaker 4: Slash events coming.
Speaker 3: Up here on Dodgers on Deck go here from Tae Oscar Hernandez will dive deeper into this pitching matchup, but up next your Dodgers Magical Moment also is coming up Charlie Steiner Dodgers Blue Jays. That was on Wednesday. We're down Dodgers and Rangers. We turn the page right here. First pitch come up at seven to ten on the back to back World Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunters on your Home for La Dodgers Baseballs.
Speaker 3: Back Home is they started a six game homestand three against the Rangers, three against the New York Mets.
Speaker 4: Tyler Glass now Kamar Rocker.
Speaker 3: The pitching matchup tonight on show, Hey O tany bobblehead Night, First pitch at sevent ten, I do kit.
Speaker 1: Who wants that hot cod? It's time for the hawfe Magical Moment.
Speaker 4: It's Magical Magical.
Speaker 1: Present by Hawfey Hottails.
Speaker 3: Well the Dodgers taking on the Texas Rangers. We go back to July twenty second, twenty twenty three, Dodgers in Arlington taking on the Rangers, a day in which the Dodgers exploded for sixteen runs.
Speaker 9: For those on already are wondering what the Freddy is, well, basically, he puts his hands up over his head and if you can imagine what someone looks like while they're trying to to work.
Speaker 12: A hula hoop, Freddie hits a high drive to right field. It is deep, it is gone, and we're doing to Freddy hit the hula hoops. A two run homer for Freddie Freeman. How about that it is seven.
Speaker 4: To one Dodgers.
Speaker 3: It was the birth of the Freddy. Freddie Freeman his second home run of the game in the fourth inning.
Speaker 4: Is the Dodgers go on and beat up on the.
Speaker 3: Texas Rangers back in twenty twenty three by a final of sixteen to three. This Hafe magical moment brought to by Haffey Hot Dogs, Haffey Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 4: Haffey hot Dog Local and so great.
Speaker 3: When we continue here on Moroco Casino, Dodgers on Death. We'll check in with Charlie Steiner leads you up to first pitch on this Friday, Dodgers and Rangers. I'm Tim kase Is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech on your home for the blue all season.
Speaker 3: Long, Dodgers and the Texas Rangers on show. Hey Otani Bobblehead Night for the first fifty four thousand attendance. Tyler Glass, now Kamar Rocker. The pitching matchup. First pitch at seven ten time. Now for the Rizon startup. As we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now of Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. Visit the Verizon store today. Let's say hello to Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 13: All right, Tim, the Dodgers return home with the best record in baseball nine and three after a five and one road trip. You know, the Dodgers averaging six and a quarter runs per game. That's the most in baseball. So now beginning with the Texas Rangers, and after that's the Mets.
Speaker 7: Davey Lopes was a bench.
Speaker 13: Coach for the Texas Rangers under Bobby Valentine, and so here are the Rangers in town for the first of the three game series. Moe, I met Davy the same time I met you and eighty one. Every team has component parts to make that team whatever it is. What was the part that Davy Lopes had in making that a championship club?
Speaker 9: I think Charlie is appoint to well taken. I think one word relentless, relentless when he was on base. He's the guy that could stir the drink when he got on base. And being able to utilize the speed, being able to utilize the knowledge, you know, obviously part of that record setting infield, which you know, if you look at the modern baseball in longevity with players and individual teams, probably not going to happen again eight and a half years with say Russell, Garvey, and Davy Lopes in that infield. What's interesting if we look at the infield, you know, three of those four guys changed positions. Garvey went from third to first, and both Bill Russell and Davy Lopes went from the outfield in particular center field. And it was the coach Manty Baskal who really schooled them in the transition from the outfield to the infield, and who would have fought making that transition that they would set the record for the longevity of an infield remain intact for almost fifty years.
Speaker 13: He would refer to me as child's But there was an about him.
Speaker 9: Tell me about him, and I think there was a toughness also that I can kind of attach to Maury Wills when you think about the importance of stealing bases and being a pain in the side for a pictures that Maury was able to do. Davy was the same way. I lockered right next to Davy Lopes the entire time that Davy and I were on the same teams with the Dodgers before he moved on after the eighty one season, And I do know the preparation that he had, not just on the field, but the preparation in order to get his body ready to play the game. But he played the game more than just physical. He played the game from a mental standpoint. He played the game from I think an emotional standpoint. And there were a lot of people that maybe doubted Davy Lopes earlier on in his career, and he seemed to be just really pointed to make that a mistake, to have sold him short in his.
Speaker 7: Career, and boy, what a career he had.
Speaker 13: I had forgotten that in nineteen eighty he've led all major league players in votes for the All Start.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and you start to look at it. I mean, how many people realize for consecutive All Star teams he was on a Gold Glove winner on top.
Speaker 1: Of it in one year.
Speaker 9: So if you look at the player who made that transition to the infield from the outfield. Then after his playing days he becomes a coach and then briefly as a manager. Over eighteen hundred games he played in, and every one of those he played the game like it was a personal challenge to him and the team from which he wore the uniform.
Speaker 1: He was fun to talk to about baseball.
Speaker 13: He had insights that a few that I've experienced of players that I've covered.
Speaker 9: In the last fifteen Yeah, he is also one of those guys, Charlie in your conversation, I can go out on a limb here. If you ask him a question, you're not going to get the flowery. You know, I'm part of the chamber commerce. Oh what a lovely day is if you ask a question, you were going to get the answer to that question from a very knowledgeable baseball person and maybe an inside thought to go with it. He wasn't there to just to say, oh, hey, wait a minute, I'm going to get the king for a day and just kind of wow you. If you ask the question on how to play the game of baseball, you better sit down and maybe take some notes because you knew how to do it.
Speaker 13: So now we're getting ready for a three game series with the Rangers, then the Mets come in and the Dodgers head back out. One of the things we mentioned right at the top, the Dodgers averaging six and a quarter runs per game. Team batting average two to eighty seven is the highest the one through three hitters in the Dodger lineup two fifty five, the middle of the lineup four or five at six hitting two sixty six.
Speaker 1: Then the bottom of the barrel the seven eight.
Speaker 13: To nine hitters, and the Dodger lineup so far this season collectively are hitting.
Speaker 4: Three forty four.
Speaker 1: Wait till the top of.
Speaker 4: The lineup starts getting cooked.
Speaker 9: And here's the other part too, is with the job at the bottom part of the lineup is doing, and tonight it is going to be Andy Alex Friedland batting in the number eight spot, and then has On Kim is going to start at short stuff. But the bottom part of the lineup has been doing a marvelous job in getting on base to allow the top part of the lineup to do some damage. And now with the top part of the lineup starting to get hot, some pitchers better watch out because if they come up with a lot of runners on base, there's going to be even higher scoring.
Speaker 13: Speaking in the top of the lineup, show he has reached base now in forty three consecutive games dating back to the last season. Of course every single game this year, so the Dodgers and the Rangers is the first of three coming up.
Speaker 3: All right, Thank you, Charlie. Great to hear your voice. Thank you, Mo Dodgers. Baseball's brought to you by City of Hope. Preparation, precision, and unrelenting commitments of being the best of what they do. That's what makes a champion at City of Hope. That commitment has one focus, curing cancer.
Speaker 4: City of Hope.
Speaker 3: Champions of Hope make an appointment today at Cityoope dot org. Still to come here on Dodge on Deck, we'll get your preview this pitching matchup, Tim neverhett Rick Monday will be back with the Keys to the Game. But up next we go High and Tight with Teoscar Hernandez. Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 4: That's next.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Rangers on Show, Hey Otani Bobblehead Night, First pitch coming up at seven to ten. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and the Texas Rangers on this Friday night showy Otani Bobblehead Night, Tyler Glass now Kamar Rocker. The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor. Sounds pretty good for dinner, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 6: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and Tight.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers are back home and it's great to be with my guy, Taoscar Hernandez.
Speaker 1: Who had a very good road trip.
Speaker 5: The smile was bright and he got to reunite with some of his Blue Jays friends and let him know who the hefe is and that's tai Oscar Hernandez.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 14: Thank you man, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 5: How was it to be back in Toronto? I saw you and Vladdie Junior. I mean, you guys spent a lot of time over the years and during this offseason.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's always, you know, good to be back there. The city, the fans, the team. It's really good memories in my career, really good people that I met over there over the years, and people that took care of me and my family when I start getting my kids and all of the things outside of the of the field. You know, it's it's anything about love or the city in Toronto. And to end the organization, I.
Speaker 5: Was keeping track of you this offseason on your Instagram. I saw you in Vlattie working out a lot together in Florida. How much did you push each other to get ready for this season?
Speaker 14: I mean it's something that we've been doing for a lot of years now since he got to the big leagues. When he moved to Tampa for the first time, we started to train together in that time we played together in Toronto.
Speaker 7: You know, we do that so we can.
Speaker 14: At the same time we work.
Speaker 1: We have fun.
Speaker 14: Like you say, we push each other to the max or even more of that, and you know it just like day by day trying to help each other and just trying to get better together.
Speaker 5: Was it awkward for you this year after beating the Blue Jays in the World Series? When did you bring up the World Series? Did you give it a couple of days or right away you said, hey, we got you.
Speaker 14: And then it was as soon as we land in Toronto. You know, the memories start coming back. When I get to the hotel, it feels like I was there two weeks before. But you know it was. It was a great series. It was a great World Series.
Speaker 1: Good memories.
Speaker 5: How about when you were in Florida with Laddie working out, did you bring it up?
Speaker 14: Yeah, we we We had our moments.
Speaker 1: We have fun.
Speaker 14: I yoke around a little bit with Laddy and his family, you know, back and forward, but not think nothing serious. We know it's it's it's a business. It's what we do and at the end of the day, somebody has to lose and somebody has to win. So but no doubt he's going to have more chance in the future. He's a great player. I think he's one of the superstar of the Lee. And you know, the organization is really good, so uh, it's not going to be a surprise for anybody if they come back this year too.
Speaker 5: Ti Oscar Hernandez is our guest in front of first pitch between the Dodgers and Rangers. Ta Oscar, I noticed your elbow guard was different than it was last year. What is this new elbow guard? And who are you honoring?
Speaker 14: I did it for my kid, my older kid. Uh, he's in the under the spectrum for the autism. This year, I tried to do something different, something for him. Uh, and for the rest of the people around the world, Uh that are dealing with that.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 14: A lot of things, Uh, our life, I think it gets a little hard sometimes, but I think the much we talk about, the easier it will be for those families and parents with kids under the spectrum. And it was something that I did for my boy and for the rest of the persons, kids, adults that are dealing with that too.
Speaker 5: I guess it makes people feel that they're not alone. The parents are not alone, and the kids are not alone.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you know, you're just trying to give a little bit of support from here to anywhere. The people see it, and hopefully they can notice and know that I'm doing that for my son and for the rest of the people.
Speaker 5: I guess you have a guy in this clubhouse, r J Pete. That's a shining example of what you can do with your life, even being on the spectrum.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's you know, r J is awesome. Everybody loves him. I'm really glad that he's around us, around me, and so I can learn more about about it and I can help my kid to deal with it in life and help other people.
Speaker 5: So there's a reason why God chose the Hernandez family in Tioscar Hernandez. You're a special person and it's great that you're shining a light on autism awareness.
Speaker 1: So thank you for the time.
Speaker 5: And you know we all love you and your family.
Speaker 14: Thank you appreciate it.
Speaker 5: What I sir, there, he is my guy, ti Oscar Hernandez. All He's done since he came to the Dodgers, has went back to back championships. As he goes for the three peete and you'll receive a gift card to Capitol Grill. He might go see my guys in Burbank. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 4: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, David, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Tay Oscar Dodgers Baseball presented by Unicloe Field at Dodgers Stadium. Visit uniclode dot com slash us. So lead you out to first pitch on this Friday night.
Speaker 4: I'm next. We'll break down this pitching matchup. Do not go anywhere. I'm Tim Kase is a back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Rangers on this Friday night. First pitch from Uniclow Field at Dodgers Stadium, coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 6: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup brought.
Speaker 4: To you by your Toyota dealers. They make it easy.
Speaker 3: Kamara Rocker on the mounta oh one, three sixty e twenty six year old right hander Ader vanderbil He was the tenth overall pick in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 4: Made his major league debut at the end of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Fastball, cutter, sinker, slider, curveball, change up, hoping to build on what he did the last eight starts of last year. He went three and one with a three ninety five RRA and the two thirty opponents batting average. Making his second start this year, he went five innings, He allowed two runs on six hits and a loss of the Reds at his first start. This is his first start against the Dodgers at Dodger Stadium. Tyler Glass now on the mounta thirty two year old right hander out a Herd High school. Eleventh season the big Leagues, his third with the Dodgers, making his third start this year, one to O with a three to seventy two EERRA in his first start six innings, two runs, four hits, six strikeouts, no decision against the Diamondbacks. He pitched really well in his last start against the Nationals in DC last weekend. Six innings, two runs, four hits, nine strikeouts and got the w Against the Texas Rangers in his career three to zero record with a sub one ERA and four career starts against him with thirty two strikeouts only seven walks. He last faced the Texas Rangers April of last year. He went fourth scoreless innings and gave hip three hits and walk while striking out six in a no decision. Tyler Glass now Kamar Rocker. It's the Dodgers and the Rangers on show. Hey O tany bobblehead night. Were fifteen minutes away for first pitch. Keys in the game are next. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back world champion Dodgers. Audio Noworks.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 3: On your home for the blue all Long Dodgers in Texas Rangers. Tyler Glass now Kamar Rocker. The pitching matchup in this series opener. So we get you ready for the start of the game with a the Poro start. Yeah great moments. Start with the Poro Beer whatever your taste preference. So Poro has you cover with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Saporo good with sushi, great with baseball. We head back out to the booth. Tim never at Rick Monday, Guys, thanks.
Speaker 8: Again, Tim, We count you down. With the first pitch tonight the Dodgers and the Rangers. Tyler Glass now one and oh Kumar Rocker zero to one. Rocker pitched pretty well Saturday against the Reds. Allowed of two runs over five innings, but was on the wrong side of a two to nothering loss and a tight ball game, so it pitched well, got the loss. His earn run average three to sixty at this point in time. His cutter has been very good, his slider has been very good, but he's kind of ditched the curvell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he has.
Speaker 9: But if we start to look at the Rocker for the Dodger hitters, if you look at the sinker, slider, and chain, he's thrown combination of those pitches forty one percent of the time. That's a very high number. In fact, is in the upper echelon to Major League Baseball. At the same time, doesn't walk many people. He does have a couple of wild pitches, so if your base runner be anticipating him and talking of breaking balls, if we look at Tyler Glass now he's thrown a very high percentage of curve balls, and it has been very successful. His curve ball so far, tim of what we've seen, it's been basically from nose to toes.
Speaker 8: It's been outstanding and with two strikes he's been very good uses at half the time. Thirty of his sixty curve balls this season have been thrown in two strike counts, and he has been racking up some strike outs. He makes his third start of the season, Tyler Glass now against Kumar Rocker. That's the pitching matchup. The Dodgers nine and three the Rangers seven and five. Texas has won three in a row, coming off the sweep over Seaattle.
Speaker 4: Tim all right, thank you guys.
Speaker 3: First pitch, right around the corner, doll forgetting. David Vassi has got you covered with all of the postgame festivities, all the reaction from the clubhouse highlights and of course Dodger talk as well on show Hey O, Tawny Bobblehead night. They sellout, crowd expected out at the Ravine. We're minutes away from first pitch. Corey Seeger's back, Jock Peterson's back, Skip Schoehocker's back.
Speaker 4: It's a reunion at the Ravine. Dodgers and Rangers.
Speaker 7: Next, enjoy it.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Katz's the back to back world Champion Dodgers Audio Network