Speaker 1: You are now listening to The Jim Colbert Show on Real Radio one four point one.
Speaker 2: It's all right, guys. Here we go on to Tuesday edition of The Jim Colbert Show. Thank you so much for tuning in. We appreciate that, as we do every single day, and we do have a good program for you this afternoon. We will get you caught up on what's happening in the world. Devil do bet around three twenty with JCS News fourklock Howards would you do? That's new? We'll go over the listener's choice, which is the rise and fall of Target. And I have something that is Jack Bradshaw focused today Wow five o'clock hour, will do trivia, Get up with It's only money with every Buddy Scott Brown from Edgewater Family Wealth and you heard it here first. You're calls, text and talkbacks all day long. Welcome to the show. I'm Jim to my left, my lovely very dangerous co host, Miss deb Roberts.
Speaker 3: Hello there, great.
Speaker 2: A head producer, Jack Bradshaw. Good afternoon, Boros seven nine one. That's how you call us. If you like to text the show, that's easy as well. Just send that text to the number seven seven zero three one. You can find us on social Instagram and Facebook, at the Jim Colbert Show, on Ex's just at Jim Colbert Show or at Colbert Show, and of course all day every day at Jim Corbertlive dot com. This where you can check us out. On YouTube, watch us do the show, get involved with our question of the day, get involved with our YouTube chat room, and if you'd like to send a comment over, you can do that as well. Grab the iHeart Radio app, go to Real Radio and use that mike to send your comment over to Jack.
Speaker 3: We'll get you on the air, turn you into a superstar.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Also, you're three o'clock. You word is green, g R E E N. Go to Real Radio dot fm and send Then I'll for your chance in one thousand bucks. Green is the word, guys, Go get it all right?
Speaker 4: Well, I was sold yesterday to remember to tell you guys something okay, and so I just wanted to make sure if we're best, if we're still on track for this.
Speaker 5: Time out, Do you have any idea what it is? Zero clue and neither nor no now? And I asked you to remember I remember because I think we were going to make it our our question of the day.
Speaker 2: Yes, GLP one.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 4: How many of the audience are on GLP ones? If that was gonna you said, remember that, that's gonna be our question of the day too. Yeah done, because you wanted to have an idea of just how many.
Speaker 2: And I think I thought I had another JLP one story, but I do not, so it doesn't work there.
Speaker 5: But either way, but we'll make it the question of the day. How many our audience are on GLP one? Yeah, yeah, JP ones.
Speaker 2: I mean you know, I mean, if I had to guess right now, I mean I think the country is like almost eighteen percent of the countries on them now or something, right, It's ridiculous. It literally is like one out of five people.
Speaker 5: Now, So do you think our audience, our YouTube chat audience will be higher or lower than the national average of eighteen percent.
Speaker 2: I think it'll be lower. I think it'll be lower than the national They're a svelt bunch. I just I don't know, man. I The thing is to be honest with you with the GLP one thing. You know, I'll give you an example, like back in the day, if you got that stomach staple or you got the gastro bypass or the U was it the stomach band or what?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, gastric Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like any of these surgeries I think had a kind of a weird thing when people got them, a stigma. Yeah, and there's a stigma about it, like you know, you're kind of But for some reason, the GLP one thing, although it's just a pill version of those therapies, does not have that same stigma. It's it had it for about a month and then all of a sudden after everybody saw that every byproduct of this drug was also a positive.
Speaker 5: So that is it's not just for some reason. It is because there are so many other positive things that he's doing. Therefore it's like, well it's not you shouldn't be shamed for taking it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, if anything, you're shamed for not taking it exactly.
Speaker 2: Like wait a minute, it's like a wonder druve.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, how come you're fat?
Speaker 2: And the funny thing is when this thing was first introduced, it was as expensive as one of those surgeries, Like it wasn't it like eight hundred bucks a month or something. When they first introduced the semi.
Speaker 3: Glue tie thing, I think even more than that.
Speaker 2: Right, So, I mean, and I think it only lasted like that for the first like year, year and a half or was that expensive? Then? You know, once the popularity became evident, I think people are like, woud you figure out to get this in everybody's hand? But still, when you consider one of those surgeries, what would a bypass surgery cost a couple thousand bucks.
Speaker 3: Oh ten to fifteen?
Speaker 2: Was it really?
Speaker 4: I know someone who traveled to Mexico but has still done but still one back then, was it really?
Speaker 5: I don't know. It just I know it's kind of up. At least I don't think you get surgery for under five Graand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought it was an outpatient I thought it was an outpatient thing, dude, right or no? Am I way wrong there?
Speaker 4: I don't believe it would be outpatient because it is. I mean that that's fairly involved surgery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. Maybe I just don't know enough about it. I for some reason, I thought it was a two suitures going in through the stomach and they did most of it by like cam and it was just a basically a tightening or a making the stomach smaller.
Speaker 4: I guess it depends, like if you've had gastric band surgery or you've had the stomach stapling.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, but you know now with the GLP ones and of course you know, medical insurance being so high, I would think that most people would like applaud people forgetting on it because obviously if you're smaller, thinner, you have less weight. There there are fewer medical issues you would have to deal with link your long term, which would obviously reduce the insurance output for for the population. It's the same thing with pregnancy or birth control.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: You figure, if pay for the birth control, then that's saving you a lot more expenses the road, yes, as opposed to them having a having a baby and then caring for the baby that's now on that same insurance plan. So I think that you know the phrase and ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. That ounce of prevention saves the insurance company money as well. I see the same thing with GLP ones. I'm sure, Hey, they've run the numbers before anyone else as Yeah, so they know at certain price point when it's you know, cost effective, and I believe it's Social Security or Medicare is now covering part of it.
Speaker 2: I'm part of the plant.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's what Greg Rossler was telling us last time he was in.
Speaker 4: But somebody did just text us at seven seven zero three one saying most of those gastric surgeries are still very expensive and most insurance companies won't cover it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, maybe I just had that wrong there. But you know, when you look at the price when this thing first bumped in eight hundred bucks a month, it doesn't take much math to figure out how expensive that can be in a year. You're talking about, you know, nine thousand plus dollars a year. So you know, theoretically, if you're on this for you know, a couple of years, you've paid for the gastric bypass and the other thing too. Is the only downside we heard of this initially was this weird thing that would happen with your stomach.
Speaker 3: The stomach paralysis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we haven't really heard about like a real giant outbreak of that, and we know we have millions of users.
Speaker 4: Well I know, for for me, the bigger issue in the beginning when they started being used for weight loss was what it took away from those who needed it for diabetes. Right, you're right, right, and how exorbitantly expensive it can be for someone who needs it because of their blood sugar versus someone who's going to get the break on price because they're using it for weight loss.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know, we've.
Speaker 4: Heard of ozempic face, We've heard ozembic ass, you know, where you lose so much weight. So rapid breath was that big breath which we also heard a lot off of the the Atkins diet, which was all proteen a lot of key tones in your breath. Yea, yeah, So I about Atkins anger. I don't know if there's anything like that with GLP ones, but I've just heard about the physical effects.
Speaker 2: Atkins anger is simply like if you don't get a French fry, you kill. That's or if you don't get one strand of pasta. Everybody in olive garden dies via breadstick death. That's what happens with that. Yeah. Yeah, and then you eat the weapons, you eat the web, right exactly. He stabbed forty five old people to death with a breadstick and then eat it. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: Somebody said that they had a family member pay sixteen thousand dollars for that procedure back in twenty fifty just ten years ago, so add in another ten I would imagine now. But that's why you see so many people going overseas to have these procedures done.
Speaker 2: Let me ask, though, I mean, would it would it would it really would the price increase or would they have to get more competitive as people started choosing either between a lap band surgery or a gl P one, right? I mean you would think that, you know, the people who are providing the surgeries kind of look at the data and go, well, I mean, we're losing this pill. I mean, we can't keep charging sixteen K for this.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I feel comfortable going into a surgical center with a bogo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you guys have for.
Speaker 3: Yeah is there a two for one here?
Speaker 2: You go to my aldi surgery app and you see what it says.
Speaker 5: And with surgery, I think it's it's not just the procedure, it's what they're doing.
Speaker 2: It's the hospital, it's the equipment and everything's five thousand more when you get into a hospital. Yes, yeah, give me the pill. Every day of the week. I wonder what the threshold is because I would last time I did my uh my update or my health update, or whatever.
Speaker 4: What do you call it your annual? I was the one who never goes to the doctor able to the guy.
Speaker 2: Actually, my doctor actually suggested a GLP one because I was over weight, and they called me pre diabetic, right, And I am like, there's no way I'm taking that, not right now, because I don't feel like I'm overweight enough to take a GLP one. I am. I do carry a little bit of weight, but I look like every average white dude out there. You know. It's a little bit of fifty year old belly. Yeah, and that's it. I mean, I don't think six one five to twenty six is too bad, not at all. But the thing I'm supposed to weigh one hundred and eighty pounds. Yeah, dude, what do you weigh?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 2: Two o five? Jack one ninety or something? He just lay with a fifteen. I just gave myself the same thing. What do you weigh right now? Right now? I weigh today one nine?
Speaker 3: Don't even ask.
Speaker 2: Does it look like I weigh thirty pounds more than Jack? No?
Speaker 3: But I am so bad when it gets men's weight, I would.
Speaker 2: Want me to stand next to Wow, didn't see that coming, Old Jack Low hanging fruit. Bradshaf Yeah, that happens with age. I don't feel like a weigh thirty pounds more than Bradshaw. You stand us next to each other, we don't look all that different.
Speaker 3: I gotta tell you, did that hurt us?
Speaker 8: Hair?
Speaker 4: Did that hurt as much as getting the AARP stuff in the mal.
Speaker 2: Oh Man, I got that stuff. I threw it at the I threw it at the guy who delivered it.
Speaker 4: My watcher says, I suggested g lp one. I'm surprising to look at him and say, yeah, well, f you too.
Speaker 2: Look I gotta go back to the summitch the in a couple days. And if he looks at me and says, it's mon jarno free, I'm I don't know, dude. We have to arm wrestle on that little thing there without a paper to make sure we got it right.
Speaker 5: Every time an ARP something comes into mail, I'm like, honey, you got mail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get so mad. I could eventually start looking at those deals because I like a good deal, and eventually you're gonna have to start paying attention to it. You're like, you do listen, you look at that stupid mavacacine you're like injured for how much?
Speaker 4: And not only that, you don't have to be of a certain age anymore. They invite anyone.
Speaker 2: That's a damn lie. You don't start getting that stuffing after you're fifty years.
Speaker 5: Old, right, make me cry? But that magazine is like what ninety cost saving tips?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 4: Go and it's tough to see everyone you either listen to or watched on TV or in movies racing the cover.
Speaker 3: You're like, yeah, no, this isn't making me feel any better.
Speaker 5: But I do feel like like miles ahead when they have articles that will explain technology. Oh yeah, people don't understand that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, who's that for them? Yeah? Oh, Jim, you can see me reading. I'm like, no, wait, you can send photos via text? Now I can call out a state. Not real. They've really made the smash my texts. They made these cricket phones. Really, like, does NASA know about this stuff? I feel like I feel like I have an edge over society. Now, all right, I saw something on Instagram today that I'm look, man, I've had a couple of drinks in my life. I've not I've not heard these two things. We're gonna talk about a little bit later compared. But this lady swears that these two things are different, and I did not think they were different. But we'll find out if you guys think it's different. Plus, we have a bunch of other stuff to talk about, a lot of fun stuff coming up today, deb what do you ever? News?
Speaker 4: Well, for the news, we're going to talk about a new poll finding mixed support for that property tax amendment Governor DeSantis is in the UK, and a push to expand business here in Florida. And get ready for a beer that's literally out of this world. We'll talk about that and more coming up next during JCS news.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, you're three o'clock. Keyword is green. That's g R E E N. Go to Real Radio dot if him and send that away for your chance in a thousand bucks. Back in a second with Dev's news and more the Jim Colbert Show. Stay right, hey, guys all be guess you're doing well?
Speaker 10: So what are you guys talking about when you go to the doctors to tell you that you need to lose weight? Man, every single time I'm in today, like that's a sexy body, man eggs by you need to gain weight?
Speaker 11: Good Colbert Show. This is five star mic. I've been on a golp one injection of combination that tries zeppetite in beat twelve since last October. I've lost fifty pounds. I feel great. All my numbers are in line. I can't say anything bad about it.
Speaker 2: There. You have a great day. Same to you, buddy. Thanks after morning.
Speaker 12: Told Bert Caru, Jimmy, I hate to tell you this, actually now I don't.
Speaker 8: Just because the American.
Speaker 13: Average white dad is molding, overweight and has a bit of a pomp does not make it okay for your health.
Speaker 2: But beside that point, Jimmy, here's what you can do, okay. Just keep your chins up. Oh yep, oh you must. That's a big dog from I gott who size wears size four boots. That size four, By the.
Speaker 3: Way, catch in the fields?
Speaker 2: Did he The shoelace for those boots is three and a half inches long. Welcome back to the Jim Colber Show. We're already one of four point one green. By the way, that is your three o'clock keyword, g R E E N. Just slide over to real radio, dout of him and sending that off for your chance at one thousand dollars. Green guys, that is your three o'clock heywork, we wish the best. I'm Jim Jack is right there. He's cackling like an old lady.
Speaker 5: I love I love like you love our relationship. I love that relationship. That the Jimmy Big t Dynamic track him.
Speaker 2: Hey, he's a good guy. I love his whole crew man. Every doing the show. I get a big smile. They're awesome people. All right, Ded, let's get some news.
Speaker 1: It's time for j CS news.
Speaker 14: Wow, this guy got a push.
Speaker 1: Name on everything.
Speaker 2: It's in my contracted here's the news on the Jim Colber Show.
Speaker 4: And as always, JCS News is brought to you by that mortgage guy.
Speaker 3: Don all right.
Speaker 4: Tropical Storm Bertha's top winds have increased you about sixty miles per hour, but Jamie Rome, deputy director of the National Hurricane Center, says this may be as strong as Bertha ever gets.
Speaker 15: Plan interaction plus dry air should commence a weakening trend and continue to weaken as it sort of moves along the coast.
Speaker 4: Rome says wind shear is not only discouraging development, it's also pushing what rain there is away from shore. Tropical storm warnings are posted for Panama City, Pensacola, and all the way to southeastern Louisiana, but a storm surge warning has been discontinued as forecasters are only expecting one to three feet the search. Okay, yeah, I know, that's a whole new wrinkle on that one, isn't it only?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I'll take that kneebuster.
Speaker 3: Sure, no problem, all right.
Speaker 4: A new University of North Florida polls shows strong initial support for Florida's proposed property taximand mid sixty one percent of likely voters back to the measure when told it would phase out some homestead property taxes, but support dropped to forty five percent when respondents were told it could create an estimated eleven point eight billion dollars shortfall for local governments over two years. And this next sound clip is really interesting because again, the property tax amendment, requiring voter approval on the November ballot, would increase the homestead exemption and limit property tax growth. Count Florida Senator Rick Scott, who lives in Collier County, as being concerned about the potential hit to course services if it passes.
Speaker 15: The property appraiser has been putting out information in my county and the reductions are big, so I'm worried about it.
Speaker 9: Mike County.
Speaker 4: He says, every voter needs to find out how a property tax reduction will affect police, fire, and education in each county. The Amendment Save Our Homes from Excessive Property Taxes requires sixty percent voter approval to pass, and if approved, would take effect at January first of twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the information is starting me kind of get out there, a lot of it on Facebook today as people are, you know, in county managers, county planners, mayors are trying to explain to people that live in their counties what exactly is going to happen if this happens to go through. It's so funny because an article I saw today in the Sentinel I believe said that it's really the way that it's explained can change the numbers so much. If you explain it one way, it gets sixty one percent approval, which would pass it right. If you explain it another way, it falls to forty five percent.
Speaker 4: Which is why the lawsuit that it's currently about. The ballot language is going to be so important because what voters actually hear in the voting booth could very well change how they feel about this. And if you remember, we had talked about it earlier during JCS News that there was a lawsuit filed because they said, listen, the way this ballot is written, it's propaganda. Yes, it's propaganda. It's not really giving folks the true numbers. Disney has cut hundreds of jobs in its latest round of layoffs. This is absolutely more of a California story, but with Disney being so entrenched here in Central Florida, Pixar was reportedly the hardest hit Disney film studio in the cuts. That layoffs also impacted ESPN and NFL network personalities as the two networks begin to integrate. Some of those let go include longtime Baseball to Night host Carl Ravage.
Speaker 2: Lego Man, that's a big deal for ESPN viewers. He's been on since the nineties. Wow, he's been with those guys. It's the nineties, Like he is a He's like one of the last remaining staple faces of the ESPN that I knew when I was watching sports a lot when I was younger.
Speaker 4: Well, not only that, NFL analyst Ryan Clark and NFL Network insider Tom Pelasaro. This is the third round of layoffs at Disney this year. Thousands of new jobs, however, could be coming to Florida. Governor Rond De Santis announced yesterday a British company called Relativity Space plans to expand its operations on the space coast. He says this is going to break substantial capital investments and thousands of high skill, high wage job for Floridians. DeSantis also says the UK Space Agency and Space Florida signed a memorandum of understanding to advance international space collaboration. He says these deals reinforce our position as a leader in the international space race. DeSantis made the announcement while in Great Britain for the Farmborough International Air Show. Speaking of all things space, this one's pretty cool. Space Sex is set to launch another mission from Florida's Cape Canaveral this afternoon. We are on board is a robotic spacecraft. I know it's up to Jack whether or not this launch is even a.
Speaker 2: Gol I got Shaw.
Speaker 4: They're gonna check with Jack Bradshaw before they send that big bird up.
Speaker 2: So let me check my text right now. They're in the launch tower, going somebody contact I got with five shares and find out what we're doing. Somebody please, I think his name is Jack. Are we a go from launch or not? Are we a go? Five us know?
Speaker 4: Well, this is really cool because on board is a robotic spacecraft that will help extend the life of aging satellites by attaching small propulsion units.
Speaker 3: Let's once they're in orbit.
Speaker 4: Lift office scheduled for five to fifteen Eastern with a backup launch window on Wednesday. It'll also be the thirty second and final flight for the Falcon nine booster being used on this mission. One other space note a milestone anniversary for a Florida space coast this morning, can you believe it or not? Fifteen years ago, space Little Atlantis touchdown for the last time at Kennedy Space Center, wrapping up Mission STS one thirty five, when the wheels came to a final stop at five point fifty seven am at mark the end of NASA's legendary thirty year Shuttle program. Over three decades, five orbiters flew more than five hundred million miles. So crazy, building the space station, launching the Hubble space telescope. Today Atlanta Atlantis rests permanently on display, and I believe that display is out in California.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, true.
Speaker 4: All right, two social media influencers are facing new sex charges. The complaints against and Drew Tate and his brother Tristan were unsealed yesterday in a federal courtroom in Miami Dade County.
Speaker 2: By the way, saw some video of those guys yesterday this morning actually being purp walked, right, and it's so funny. The one that dresses like Blanche from The Golden Girls. I believe that's Andrew. His brother Tristan is behind him, and what looks to be a suit that David Letterman would have worn in nineteen ninety eight. Yeah, they're welcome. High. Andrew is the outspoken one. He's the one the beard, He's the one. The other one's a little quieter, one looks pretty confident, and that other guy looks like prison time in a suit. That guy is scared esless. Look at that dude's face, he is petrified. That's what's gonna happen if they extradite them to the UK. Well.
Speaker 4: The rape, sex trafficking, and assault charges are based on complaints from a woman in England that.
Speaker 3: Date back over a decade.
Speaker 4: British authorities want the brothers extradited to face the charges. A lawyer for the Tate brothers says the charges are politically motivated and he plans to fight the extradition request. That's the standard line now, absolutely politically. This next story just can't get any more tragic. But a Mexican man who died after encounter with federal immigration agents in Saint John's County and Saint Augustine actually was apparently visiting.
Speaker 3: Florida as a tourist.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: An advocacy group says twenty eight year old Juan Gyral Cordonia Duran was in the US on a valid tourist visa and had been in Florida for only two days.
Speaker 3: Before his death.
Speaker 4: Authorities have said he was struck and killed by a semi near Saint Augustine while running from immigration officers during an operation last week. The Miami Herald reports Corneia Doran was a father of two who had planned to return home to Mexico just a few days later. Wow, I know, just can't get any worse. Speaking of that, there's a debate, and ever, by the way, never say what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, isn't that the truth these days?
Speaker 13: I know?
Speaker 4: It seriously does seem like a dare. All right, there is a debate in Edgewater over the mayor's lawyer. Okay, Mayor Diesel de p.
Speaker 3: Has hired the Sabatini law firm to represent him.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, there come the fireworks.
Speaker 4: That's actually some have a problem with that because the firm also represents the city. Okay, really, so it's representing the city and the city's mayor.
Speaker 2: Old Ai Sabatini is isn't that the dude? The gut slapped down by the Oh yeah, you ever using AI in his brief?
Speaker 3: So did you about that, Jack?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So maybe Sabatini can represent one of the parties and his AI these Ai can represent the other.
Speaker 2: So look, the world's crazy. There's just no other way to say it.
Speaker 3: Crazy crazy.
Speaker 2: This billboard lawyers got all the using AI in the courtroom, like judges just go, hey, dude, what's that?
Speaker 4: No, And when the judges reprimanded him, they're like, dude, we've warned you about this already.
Speaker 3: What are you doing? You show your work extly?
Speaker 2: My bad.
Speaker 4: So yesterday's council a city council meeting councilwoman Debbie Dlbo question if it would create a perception of bias. Depew, though, says this is just political optics and there's nothing wrong with the firm representing him on personal issues that have nothing to do with the city. According to New six, he also said he has no plans to hire another firm to represent him.
Speaker 3: All right, So take that, you take that all right.
Speaker 4: You may not be aware, but the Coastguard rescues more than just people. Coast Guard officials posted photos on Facebook yesterday from a boat crew at its Key West station showing the crew rescuing a distress sea turtle about seven miles south of Sugar Loaf, Key on Sunday. The four hundred and fifty pound turtle. Good lord, that's a biggins.
Speaker 3: That is a hoss was brought.
Speaker 2: That is that's a hoss.
Speaker 3: I haven't heard that since dousa hazard.
Speaker 2: It's a VW with a.
Speaker 3: Is that really how big that is?
Speaker 2: It's as much as Jack and I together. That's how big that is? All right?
Speaker 3: Just come on now you can have Jack is like, I'm not that heavy.
Speaker 2: Fourty pounds.
Speaker 3: Look that's us. Oh god, that's so much.
Speaker 4: Well, the four hundred and fifty pounder was brought on board and taken to Shure. The Marathon Turtle Hospital is taking care of it.
Speaker 2: How do you get a four hundred and fifty pound turtle onto your boat?
Speaker 4: Well, I would imagine a lifting. You definitely want to definitely don't use your back. You're gonna want to lift with your legs, like.
Speaker 2: Ten magical dolphins or something. All right.
Speaker 4: Three Florida reptile species are now on the federal endangered list at it last week by the US Fish and Wildlife Service.
Speaker 3: That follows a decade of.
Speaker 4: Campaigning by the Center for Biological Diversity Staff attorney Reagan Whitlock says the group went to court under the Endangered Species Act.
Speaker 15: They didn't happen because the administration finally prioritized and periled wildlife. They happen because litigation forced the government to fustill its legal obligations under the Species Act.
Speaker 4: So the keys mole skink lizard, the key ring neck snake, and rim rock crowned snake are all native to Miami, Dade or Monroe Counties.
Speaker 2: And one of them is beautiful. I saw a photograph of one today. It looks like a snake with legs. Really this beautiful like kind of maroon. Uh like this blood ox blood maroon color was so black and China. It's a beautiful, beautiful creature.
Speaker 4: That must be the Key's mole skink lizard with the legs on it. Yeah, maybe it's a skink. They're threatened by development and sea level rise. Another group saying that Florida's gopher tortoises are also critically endangered because you know, development. It's slowing down though, and the Center questions whether the FEDS will follow through with habitat protections here at this no.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: And finally, a Texas micro brewery has plans to sell a beer that I said before the news is literally out of this world. Okay, Star based Brewing, which is based in no surprise, Austin, Austin. Everything cool happening right now in Texas seems to be happening in Austin.
Speaker 2: I thought maybe with a space connection it would be more of Houston. Yeah, that's a good point. That's a good point.
Speaker 4: Well it maybe maybe it'll move in the future, but it's going to be using yeast that was aboard SpaceX's latest launch.
Speaker 2: What's cool.
Speaker 4: The payloads survived re entry and was recovered off the coast of California. The same brewery last year tested the fermentation process a word the International Space Station, but since that was part of a NASA mission, it was only used for research, not for sale. This time it's going to be for sale.
Speaker 2: There you go, space. I predict it will taste zero difference.
Speaker 3: Well, you know they just found sugar in deep space.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they like the same sugar that's in raspberries or something. Right, How crazy is that?
Speaker 3: So now you've got sugar and yeast.
Speaker 2: When I was doing the moon stuff yesterday, we're talking about the moonwalk. It's wild because I was they talk about what the moon smells like? And I guess when they brought back that bag of moon dust, and when we talked about that, got into that question that I think it was buzz Aldron that that kind of coined what it smells like? Do you guys remember cheese?
Speaker 4: I'm just trying to picture an astronaut halving a big bag of moon dust.
Speaker 2: And what were they smell? They had their suits on, there were breathing. But it's in the capsule though, right, Oh, it's in the capsule. Plus they said that the believe or not, it's very dusty, and the moon dust is very clingy. So when it's even though you go throw pressure iris pressurized room, there's still dust on the suits and you can still smell from that. They said, smells like gunpowder or spent firework. So when you go to a fireworks show, that smelled it's in the air afterwards. Yes, sulfur. Yeah, yeah, that that's what it smells like. That's what moon dust supposed to smell like. Well, that's actually what a lot of people said the atmosphere smells like. Of course I asked the same question, how would you know that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: But in that same sense, they say that they have it because the particles they're on the suits when they come back in have that aroma.
Speaker 4: Wow, I've heard that the International Space Station smells like burnt cookies.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, well also they say that, and they did that on the first mission and it just lingers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that bat cookies. Hey listen, But all jokes aside, though yesterday part of this I couldn't get this in a sentence to make it right. But when they take water into space, it gets extra extra hydrogen bubbles. I believe in it or something like that. Okay, so when they drink it, it's like drinking fizzy like a soda, which of course has what kind of effect, Yes, you start farting crazy. So they said that that one point in the capsule of the Apollo eleven it smelled fart crazy in there because one guy apparently had an issue with that and his stomach and he just kept farting over and over because they were drinking the water and it was fizzy. And I don't know what you locked into a tent with three farting grown ass men and that's basically what it was.
Speaker 4: Up kidding Well, regardless, that concludes your JCS news.
Speaker 2: We learned so much here.
Speaker 3: Don't we?
Speaker 5: Class act? Class act people. You're welcome, Orlando, going to say.
Speaker 2: Test talk back.
Speaker 16: And then my new truck. I retired my old dinosaur at a five hundred and ten thousand miles and Jimmy, I can't wait. And you get a new truck and have to figure out what all these buttons and these things do. That's ridiculous. It's taking me four days. I stilln't know what they all do.
Speaker 6: Thanks for playing that clip with Rick Scott and that reminds me. Tomorrow on Amazon Prime, he Man and Masters of the Universe draw starring Rick Scott is Skeletre. Oh no, that was Jared Leo.
Speaker 9: Sorry, Demmy hit the nail on the head, Purp Walk in a Perp shirt. The Tate Brothers get deported. These are the ice deportations I can get.
Speaker 12: There.
Speaker 2: You go someone for doing the job right.
Speaker 9: Hip your.
Speaker 2: No not size for boots, Jimmy Trice size eight set, take three.
Speaker 6: Co.
Speaker 16: You know you have favorite tea bacon rocked in the day, Well you celebrate.
Speaker 2: Take a monkey to lunch? Oh my god, man, where you get a monkey?
Speaker 17: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Ask Justin Bieberg now dorms to have a bunch of them? Any husan have I sell you? I got three beers to drink. Pease what you say?
Speaker 3: I'm saying. There's more monkeys in Mount Dora.
Speaker 2: Last night. Yes, all the news may put a call out.
Speaker 4: They're they're migrating up, I guess from from what they so now they're warning folks because there was that one monkey that was spotted by the lake side in by Lake Dora. But now there's others and they're starting to explore the neighborhoods. Yeah, so if you have cats, young children, you're out taking your dog for a walk. These are not cute animal kingdom or bush gardens animals.
Speaker 3: They're wild.
Speaker 4: Don't look at them, don't engage with them, Just turn around and go the other direction.
Speaker 2: Is there a monkey spray like a bear spray?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 2: Is that what you would do?
Speaker 9: Though?
Speaker 2: You would like to protect yourself against them because they can be agro Would you bear spraym or like Mason or whatever? Is that what you would do?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 5: The best thing you could do is reach into your pants and throw poop out of it.
Speaker 3: Oh they really respond? Well, no, that so jack?
Speaker 4: What you just carry it around with you? You got a fresh flow anytime?
Speaker 2: You just produced one.
Speaker 5: Right, Welcome show, Real Radio one O four point one. I'm Jim, there's dev Oh he's got some talent.
Speaker 2: Jag his ears. Well, green is your three click heyber, We'll have a fresh eye for you at the top of the hour. Got about seven minutes or so to get over to Real Radio out of him and send off that word green. Hopefully you win that money. I'd like to get a winter Today one Yesterday with the news.
Speaker 5: Junky and we can continue on monkeys in Mount Yes, yeah, in Mount Dora.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure out where we're going to go because we have a shorty here before we get to the top of the hour, and then of course we have what to do that's new, and then we're clean all the way through until five o'clock. But there are a couple of things I really want to talk about this one thing. What you want? Something short? And I watched a movie last night that you saw recently, Obsession. Yes, it was good. How good was that ending? That wild? It's funny because she said they did two endings. I'm like, how could they possibly choose anything other than the way that movie ended? It was? Did we see the same INNDY? Yeah? Did they? Did they release all? They did not release alternate? No, the inding, but the ending was perfect because of the nature of what happened. I mean, well perfect in what sense, perfect in the sense the perfect way to end a horror movie. I believe, Oh, okay, you know there there's a victim there, there's no question. Okay, yeah. But in that same sense, the brilliance of ending this movie like this, yeah, and making that person do that, I think it's kind of crazy. I think it's one of the best endings up scene for a horror movie in a while, which I think is one of the tough parts about making a horror movie is how to get out of the damn thing. Every You know, you have two choices to make right. Either the protagonist wins or the protagonist dies, and you have to explain why they die, or they have to die for a reason. It has to be almost martyredom. You know what I liked about this horror movie. There was a lot of suspense and there wasn't cretuitous gore.
Speaker 18: It was.
Speaker 5: There was very limited spots, but it was way more actually right, it was necessary. So when it did happen, it shocked me more because I wasn't expecting it.
Speaker 2: Right, right, And a lot of it's self induced, so it's like one of those things. Yeah, it was a really really good movie that was seen in the car. I told my wife, close your eyes, I'll tell you when you can open them.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was pretty narmal. Yeah, super nearly Yeah really, yeah, you should watch it. Here's the thing, it's a psych logical theory. Yeah, real thriller and a bit of a body morph thriller, I would.
Speaker 3: Say, is it going to be inspirational?
Speaker 2: It is not going to you know what, though, there's some spooky stuff really and there is a bit of that of an aspect of that. Yeah, absolutely, there's a bit of an aspect of that.
Speaker 3: That's Peacock, right. Where'd you guys watch Peacock?
Speaker 2: Has it for free? Now?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah I like that. Oh yeah, tune right in and it's like an hour and a half. It's a real good easy watch. Yes, good dialogue. The cast is very small, so it's easy to follow. Produced by some twenty something year old. Yeah, you're crazy? Is this another a twenty four yes? Yeah, well this is Blumhousehouse. Yeah, yeah, okay, I'll have to check that out. You're are is and oddly how weird is that by it? And oddly enough because you do have a bit of a spooky part of your personality. Would you agree with that?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't really do horror movies, do you?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I get that with the news. No, I wish I could. I wish I were joking, but.
Speaker 5: Normally I own and my wife doesn't. But she enjoyed it as well.
Speaker 3: But that says a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but except that scene when I'm like close your eyes, yeah, yeah, don't look.
Speaker 2: Somebody just just text and said they saw last night, said I was pretty durned good as well. I mean, there's a reason why it's like one of those breakout movies of the year. It's it hasn't already set the record for the lowest costs for a movie to make that much money, like the margin, it's one of the biggest ever in that in that field, right, I aloud imagine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everyone has talked about Obsession. It's it's Rotten Tomatoes ninety four.
Speaker 2: It is an unbelievably good picture.
Speaker 3: I AMDB seven point nine out of ten.
Speaker 2: You know, it was cool.
Speaker 5: I think that's low outside of Andy Rector, which we mentioned aad has a small role. You don't recognize anyone else and you don't need to. I'm kind of enjoying that more now in movies when it's people, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's we talked to Emily about that very thing three weeks ago about the idea of these movies doing just that, Like there's not only do they save themselves budget money, but I don't know that younger people care that stars are in these movies, they're still looking for really good stories and they're looking for good acting. Let's face the man, there are a lot of really good actors out there. You know, just a few of them become very you know, big in household names. But you can you can watch a hundred movies you've never heard of, and the acting performances are gonna be insanely good. By the way, the casting on this movie couldn't have been any better.
Speaker 5: They shot it over twenty days, wow, in Los Angeles at a cost of yes.
Speaker 3: Seven million.
Speaker 2: No, I don't even think it was that much. There's a seven in it.
Speaker 5: Just seven hundred and fifty thousand, exactly, seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: That's it. Yeah, that's it. What do you think it made worldwide? Four hundred and sixty million dollars?
Speaker 5: You're pretty good at this game, buddy, four hundred and forty three million dollars. Wow.
Speaker 4: That you want to talk about your return on investment? Yeah, he gets a dog actually that those are some pretty amazing.
Speaker 2: Just a little bit more than a starting a starter on starting hole, yeah, starter home. I was trying to wiggle in there between your bottle laws I heard starting home. Yeah, yeah, it could be home. But three four hundred and fifty million dollars. Wow, that's now. Someone says, don't watch Backroom. That was the other one that came out that was young you know, internet influencer produced or created, I mean powered type thing or yeah, but you know, I don't know it still well for free, I'll watch it. But the funny thing is I was on I was on Instagram the other day and a guy says, hey, I just brought I just entered this old warehouse building that was out in the Midwest somewhere, and it was one of these cavernous kind of trucking facilities that also had offices that also had distribution and manufacturing all in one facility. And it had been abandoned, but it was still it had power. And the guy walks, he goes, hey, you know I heard if you go in here, it's kind of trippy because it's a real backroom scenario, right, We're just like you open up a door and it's endless office space with that terrible lighting that comes down that sets the tone for all those like office movies, and and sure enough, dude opens his door and you couldn't even see the end of it all. It was just off of space and office space, one after the other, as far as you can see, as far as you can walk.
Speaker 3: I think you just described a lot of people's nightmare.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it was. It was very kind of creepy, oddly spooky. I bet all right, four seven nine one six one again always text us at seven seven zero three one. Let's take a little break. We'll come back. Got a fresh keyword for you at the top of the hour. We'll do what you do that's new next.
Speaker 14: So did I just hear Debra say that DeSantis is over in Europe at the Farmborough Air Show? Is hag Seth and kid Rock like doing the flight plan or what's going on?
Speaker 2: It kind of sounds like a tracks though, Yeah, I don't know. I didn't read anything about that today.
Speaker 3: I mean Farmborough.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: See, like it's one of those reciprocal like travel things where like you go to your sister city.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you come over here, we'll come over there again. Some Lamborghini tractors, right credit, That is your fourth flock keyword. C R E D I T. Go to real radio don f M and send that away for your chance of one thousand bucks credit is the word, guys, good luck, hope you win. I'm Jim. There's deb Jack is here as well. Yeah, let's do what you do. That's new. What you do, that's what you do that hey.
Speaker 3: Line, I need to tell us something.
Speaker 2: That's right. Closman Law k l A U, S M A and law dot com office is right there in winter Park four oh seven nine one seven seventeen eighteen car crash called Klausman. We'll talk to Glynn on Thursday for Corport Cord. Until then, every single Tuesday around this time, we will do what you do. That it's new. One member of the show or our audience will choose something for us to watch, reader listen to. We will do that and then reconvene, discuss it and move on this week. It actually is a listener's choice. And then I have something for you guys here in a few seconds. Jackson. Yeah, Alex has offered stuff before.
Speaker 5: We usually solicit them during on gym Members it's our Facebook group. We invite everyone to join gym members on Facebook. It's a group of our listeners and we love that little connection there.
Speaker 2: It's free and very caustic. Yeah, yeah, yeah, is it. No, it's not really.
Speaker 5: It's actually pretty I kind of like that. The video is the Rise and Fall of Target, which the topic itself is interesting to me. This is done by Michael Girdley and apparently this is what he does, and he does it well. He actually does it really well.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He has a whole channel and the rise and fall of and it's all these different businesses you can imagine. Many are still like American Airlines, I believe his most recent one. He even had another one.
Speaker 2: I watch this. I liked it so much.
Speaker 5: I watch the Rise of Aldi and they don't have the Fall of Aldi yet. I mean, it's the rise of all all.
Speaker 2: They hadn't fallen, which is kind of weird because Target is in bad shape. I mean, you know, obviously at the end of this you hear how much their stock prices dropped over the last like five eight years, and it is not good. Yeah. I don't know. Do you get that vibe when you go to a Target, though? Do you get the vibe that things aren't well?
Speaker 9: There?
Speaker 2: I just the.
Speaker 5: The vibe I have about Target, and I think it more it happened with this whole anti this woke thing and anti woke thing where they were leaning and he addresses this, Yeah, where they leaned into diversity and representation. And then when there was a little backlash they and people started boycotting.
Speaker 2: Then they ran away from it, alienating everyone. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So it's like the worst way to handle it because now it's just like, Okay, now you just pissed off everybody.
Speaker 2: And that was and that was really just the cherry because so many other things happened before that leading to their kind of their fall that that was just really one of the most vocal and one of the things we saw the most in the media.
Speaker 4: It kind of seemed to be the thing that target does the best. Well, yeah, I hate to say it, but running away when when the chips came down, when the when the big data breach happened in twenty thirteen and the brass and Minnesota decided not to do anything about it, and then you find out that seventy million customer records and forty million have their bank stuff stolen. Then they try to take over Canada and think they're just gonna swoop in and just change the face of that shopping experience, get their ass handed to them and end up having to skulk out of that country. Then you've got the whole trying to weigh into the political landscape thing, decide that doesn't work, and rather than stick it out one way or the other, they just pulled up steak and ran.
Speaker 2: And this is all under one guy's tutelage, right, I mean that when the one dude marketing guy left, everything kind of fell apart.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, the original guy or the guy who had it right up until he retired in two thousand and.
Speaker 3: Eight, where you got Heinrich.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he had him on point and sailing forward. And then what was interesting in the thing I learned about the guy who replaced him came from inside the company. Yeah, And so the downside to that is you don't get new ideas.
Speaker 2: You just have people.
Speaker 5: Doing what So you think on the positive is, oh, he's familiar with the brand, he knows how we've done it. He can continue this success we were experienced.
Speaker 2: But he's also institutionalized, right.
Speaker 5: So you're not getting the idea generator was the guy who retired. So now when you're generating the ideas and they're not quite fitting the form.
Speaker 3: Which is incredible.
Speaker 4: I mean, in the early nineties, Target was it, Like I remember, I remember buying that really cool tea kettle that sent the world and you know when they got him with the designers. I had really cool furniture from Tarja, something that looked really hip but you didn't pay an arm and a leg for.
Speaker 2: And something that's even more rare than that of fashion brands that actually took off from a discount retail or yeah, something you would have to usually go to the mall to find that would people that wouldn't scoff at you from wearing a mossy Mos shirt or whatever. But Target kind of slid into those dms and was allowed to make make clothes that people would wear out in public and they'll get ragged on for.
Speaker 3: It, and they did a good job.
Speaker 2: The leather jacket.
Speaker 5: I bought a leather jacket there twenty five years ago that I still wear. Yeah really, yeah, I love it and look but it is wild because you know, Target used to be that thing.
Speaker 2: I knew. This guy even talks about this, Like this guy talks about, you know, going into a Target years ago on a Friday night, like after a date, because the treasure hunting aspect of going to Target back in the day was kind of cool. But you know, the one thing he leaned this on I found quite odd because you figure, with so many directors and so many committees and a company that's big, that's that big, that this wouldn't be able to shine through. But the hubris of the country or the company that they believe that just because their brand name was so big that they literally could do anything they want and the customers would just kind of take it, ye would kind of just keep taking and pay. And they just got shown like without question, that is not the case.
Speaker 4: I mean, and their hubers went so much that you know, the main office told the stores what they were going to have on the shelves instead of listening to the show regional all to your customers.
Speaker 3: They're telling you what people want.
Speaker 5: Push or pull ordering poll is when you you you ordered the things that you're selling and that you need at your specific location. Push it comes from corporate where they say you all will take this product right right. And that's the thing he talked about how post COVID they they were not able.
Speaker 2: To compete with their grocery. They they didn't have the they buy the bulk that Walmart did. They couldn't compete with those prices can compete with Amazon. Yeah, they fell into that rut there, but they were in such a bad spot, and man, it is it is like I did not realize it was that bad off of Target. I mean, I knew they'd taken a couple of pretty big hits, but man, when he started listing that stuff out of me, how does this place still in business?
Speaker 4: And yet my neighborhood Target is full of young women. They have an ultim makeup store in there. Now, I know it's not going to be there for they're going to be replacing it with something else, but it's nothing to see gaggles of young women all over the Target and Mount Dora's shopping the makeup on nails and it's a eyelash And.
Speaker 2: That's a beautiful story. You're right because its right on the corner for me as well. But the interesting thing about the Target is they talk about the locations and how when the new management came in that they weren't I mean, I know that was in Canada as well, but like they started shutting down these locations in areas where they were getting no foot traffic anymore. But those stores have been open for years. It already been kind of dominated by the Walmart Dollar General products that they kind of fell into. And you're right, the last like the cherry on the top of that was the was the embracing of the lgbtqu in trans communities right up front with you know, some outrageous stuff like you.
Speaker 4: Know, I did not know that they sold like clothing with tuck options. Yeah, this was the first time when I heard just how hard Target leaned in.
Speaker 2: They went in.
Speaker 4: If they had just kept it as a collection with maybe you know, clothes that spoke positivity without being that shocking.
Speaker 5: But here's the deal with that shocking. It was something that was on sale there and we didn't know about it. It doesn't become shocking until someone starts protesting it.
Speaker 2: Well, they moved up front. I've got a problem with you selling it.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I've never seen it upfront, so yeah, you know, I didn't know.
Speaker 2: About it until I watched this. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So it's the fact that they made it. They made it available to a community, and I don't see anything wrong with that. But it was when they started getting protests because people didn't like the fact that they were catering to an LGBTQ community. Yeah, and so that so that's my problem with Target is then they abandoned that community.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember seeing videos after this thing hit of people walking into targets and they'd put that stuff up, like right when you walk in, you were seeing like, you know, baby clothes that were supporting that that lifestyle and stuff, and people were like, you know, obviously you know out on social media, it's the wild West you want. I don't fault them for doing it. I felt them for running away from it.
Speaker 5: I wish the would have just gave a middle finger to the people say initially protesting, Oh we don't like it so great, don't buy it.
Speaker 2: It's not for you. It's wild how that whole brand has has kind of taken it and taken the ls man because it is like their stock prices down how much.
Speaker 4: At one time it was like he just kept using the B word. I'm like billion here.
Speaker 5: The evaluation went from one hundred and twenty billion down the fifty to fifty billion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, unbelievable. I mean, I still love them. I still love shopping there. I still love trying to find really cool, kind of hip products for the house that don't cost an arm in a leg.
Speaker 5: Well, and they can still course correct and still offer good products.
Speaker 2: It's just they, you know.
Speaker 5: For if you like what you're experiencing in your store, then by all means there's no problem for you. It's the company that has to kind of solve the problem. How do we make this work nationwide?
Speaker 2: And they talk about the COVID thing because Target was so far behind on COVID that they stocked up on all these things because they thought COVID was going to be longer than it was. So they bought all the things for working at home, for making yourself comfortable at home, and they stopped up all this stuff thinking that yeah, bread makers, all this stuff that people were doing, thinking that people are going to be doing this for a couple of years. It would sell. Then, of course, in twenty twenty one, early twenty twenty two and all that kind of blew over. They're sitting with warehouses tens of hundreds of millions of dollars worked through this product. They have to unload. But now they have to unload at cost, or maybe a dollar or two over cost, just to get rid of it, costing them even mormage. I think their margins dropped from twenty percent down to like thirteen percent. Texters says their stock is up forty percent year to date. Now this video he made, I think it was only a couple months ago. Oh yeah, yeah, just beginning of this year. I thought, yeah, yeah, really interesting guy. Maybe they are turning it around. Good for them, Well, they have they have such a strong brand. They just have to lean in and kind of get it right. But and by the way, what you said earlier, because the gentlemen had mentioned that about getting new ideas in there. Not only do I believe those people were institutionalized. One of the things he talked about was is that you are already in the building. It's hard for somebody that's already been there to talk to people who've been there for years about new ideas and telling them there's not their ideas aren't good. You need an outsider that can come in that don't have social relationships with people and the C suite so that they can tell them, hey, this isn't right. I don't care about hurting your feelings, this isn't good for the company. Because it's subordinate.
Speaker 5: It's not going to say I think this is a bad plan when they're trying to protect their career.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Very interesting. You want to check that out. It's the Jim Colbert Live dot Com. Go through the What You Do It's new master list. It's right there where you can click right through.
Speaker 4: No, somebody just texted us and said that their aunt is a Target executive. Their biggest issue is shoplifting and theft, which we also learned in this minio video is a big issue for Dollar Tree and for Walmarts.
Speaker 3: But the problem with Target exactly.
Speaker 4: But the problem with Target is that they couldn't absorb the losses because they weren't making enough money to make up for what they were losing.
Speaker 2: Right. Their margins were cut so low they have any cushion in there to take the theft.
Speaker 4: So when that one set, they had to close what five to seven stores and shut them down because they simply couldn't absorb with the other retailers.
Speaker 2: Still don't understand why it didn't hit in Canada, but it said Walmart's hitting now. They just rolled it out too fast in Canada and they should have just taken it easier because Canadians, I guess maybe a DAP slower or something.
Speaker 5: No, No, I thought it was fascinating how we explained it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they instead Walmart.
Speaker 5: What Walmart did and I know we're late by Yeah, they did one store at a time and they they learned from their mistake, They adjusted the Canadian the buyer, and then they they grow from that slowly.
Speaker 2: What Target tried to do is they bought it down their throat.
Speaker 5: No, they bought a defunct chain, so they had locations all over and there was a reason that previous chain was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the locations were terrible things. So you buy those problems as well.
Speaker 5: And they've tried to do it all at once without the infrastructure that was naturally be there. They just tried to go from zero to sixty way too fast. Seven billion dollars hit for that, Yeah, seven billion dollars. All right, real quick, I'll get this for you, will you out of here? It's so what I got for you guys this day is uh For next week is I leaned on my uh Uh. I leaned on Jack for this one. I love the I love the How It's Made series. It's one of my it's one of my favorite things.
Speaker 2: So what I have for you next week is How It's Made Mustard and ketchup, specifically, heinz ketchup. Let's get let's check it out. Fascinating by the way, how they how they harvest mustard. So all that's Jim Corport Live dot com. Uh, and we'll be back in one second.
Speaker 7: Broudley sponsored since day one by Glenn Klausman Closmanlaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Hi, right your four o'clock he wered his credit c R E D I T go to real radio out of Emminston. That away for your chance at one thousand bucks credit. Guys, that is your bourcluck keyword. Good luck. We hope you win Anita winner add one yesterday we'd like to add on to that. I'm Jim, there's deb Hello, and Jack is here as well. Hello. So today tooling through Instagram as I will when I take a little break from you know, writing the show and stuff like that. You guys do that, by the way, you know it's good for you. Nope, Like, if you're in the middle of a like you have like a two and a half hour session where you've just kind of been grinding, to stop for maybe five eight minutes or so and then go back.
Speaker 3: You don't do that five eight minutes?
Speaker 4: What are you talking about that five eight minutes turns into a quick four to five.
Speaker 2: Well, i'll take you. I'll take a couple of seconds. I'll slide over, maybe rip through social see if anything is dropped on social media, and then go right back. I'll do that occasionally. And while doing that today, I saw a woman who is, you know, a self acclaimed recovering alcoholic. She actually tells a story about losing everything to alcoholism. And at one point she was a TV news anchor, right and an evening to a TV news anchor, so she know she's educated. You could obviously see she had done well but had a massive drinking problem. And so she starts talking about her her exploits while drinking, not doing anything crazy, she just talks about some of the terminology used in drinking. And she said something I found very interesting because I've not heard this this used like this before. She said she used to drink till she blacked out. Almost every night, she would drink until she blacked out. And I thought to myself, I'm like, okay, well, I mean, you know you're drinking to your pass out. That's you know, everybody knows that that's a big you know, that's not a good thing. But she didn't mention passing out because she was saying that blacking out and passing out are two different things, and I've not heard that before. I always thought that when you blacked out, oh I got blackout drunk, that I just drank so much that I passed out and I just basically forgot everything that I did that day, or just kind of blacked out. Blackout is you are functioning by you don't remember it. Really passing out is unconscious, right, So passing out, so blacking out what happens. I've never had this.
Speaker 5: Experience, Like you'd be bouncer, you'd be carrying people around a bowling alley. Yeah, but I wasn't blacked out. I knew exactly what I was doing. I was just having a good time.
Speaker 2: Right, But it would be that it would be drinking where you are still interacting with but you do not remember anything. You don't remember it is that is okay? So let me ask in the world of drinking, is that a thing that only certain people can experience, Like they get so drunk that they literally black out, they start losing memory of what they've done. I mean, I know that sounds silly, to ask, because everybody's like, well, sure, Jim, mean, we've all done that. I mean I've not really done that. I've been I mean I've been blotto drunk, but I remember damn near everything I did at Auto's wedding. That's almost the drunkest I've ever been in my life. And I can still tell those stories because they're funny because I didn't black out. I remember everything. I was just really, really really drunk.
Speaker 5: I don't know how much you can trust your memory if you are in that condition, though.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, I would think. I mean, if you asked Craig, Craig could pretty much tell you everything that happened that night, and I would be able to tell you easily. I remember every single bit of it. That was the kind of weird thing about that night.
Speaker 5: I mean you remember when someone else says it, then you're like, oh, yeah, okay, yeah, I gotta tell you, man, it was different from me.
Speaker 2: And I've drunk. I have had enough alcohol, so I've passed out. I mean I think everybody's done that, right, Yeah, you're drinking so much, you get sleepy, you pass out, and.
Speaker 3: You got to put that foot on the floor for the spins you.
Speaker 2: Exactly gonna put that one foot on the floor so your bedroom that taking off exactly. What's the last time you did that? When's the last time you get spinny drunk? It's been a man, it's been so long. I hate that, did you really?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 2: I hate that feeling so much terrible. I'm terrified of it. So I if I even think I'm getting near that feeling, we're shutting that down. Yeah. Yeah, But that's why when I saw she she talked about blacking out as opposed to passing out and didn't include it.
Speaker 5: I was like, blacking out is more dangerous. I would agree with that, because if you still think out there doing stuff, you just don't remember it driving.
Speaker 2: And by the way, she said that she had a DUI a felony d UI. From that, I don't know what that means. A felony do U. I maybe property damage or an injury. Oh it hit somebody and injured. I meanah, yeah, I guess so wow. Yeah. When when she was talking about it, I was like, oh, man, that's wild. I remember being drunk enough to have a lot of fun and smile and act the fool, but I remembered every single bit of it. But I wonder if alcoholics themselves deal with that, like just alcoholics. I wonder if that's maybe an assumed thing that you drink so much that your body just kind of acclimates to that, and although you don't get tired and kind of get sleepy, you just kind of power through.
Speaker 5: Like blackout is only a byproduct of continued drinking, more associated or likely to be for I'm an it's an alcoholic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. If somebody just texting and said blackout beans your brain stopped recording. Yeah, it's an easy way to put it, but I guess that's kind of the accurate way to do it. Huh h. There's also a thing called a white out. I've not heard of that one. Oh what blackout's like an autopilot? I guess you drink just so much that your body, just to your ID takes over. Yeah, I don't know. I've never heard of a white out. I don't know what a white out means when you're drinking. I think it's when you're drinking at a clan rally. Maybe it's your drinking and it just makes you so positive that everything you do is good. I love you. He says, I'm with you, Jimmy. I remember exactly what stupid thing I was doing. The next morning I had that, Well, what did I do thing? I know exactly who I need to apologize to. Blackout once as a teenager, never again, thirty six years old, never been drunk. Blacking out is scary. Af did it a few times when I was young and dumb.
Speaker 4: Somebody said, if it's questionable but a little fuzzy, then it's called a brownout.
Speaker 2: Oh really, brownout sounds bad. Let's not do that one, it says here I am. I think some people pass out before they blackout. I got so drunk one time. I was walking down the street holding a baby Jesus statue, and I only know what happened due to the pictures that were taken that day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's another one. When you see pictures of you like doing things you don't remember, right.
Speaker 2: Lockout, got it, Manta. I was trying to wrack my brain figure out if I've ever done that before, if I've ever like been blackout drunk. I'm sure I have. I've been. You know, I've been drunk a bunch in my life, which is sad but true. But I don't remember doing anything. I don't remember. I remember getting pulled over once when I really really shouldn't have been driving. I was sixteen or seventeen years old, and my buddy was not as drunk, and I had no idea what I was driving. But not only do I remember being pulled over, it was a state trooper as well. That my buddy got out, started talking to him about it, and we got back in, and I remember every single thing about it. He drove home that night, U and everything was fine, but it was just kind of wild. Even though I was so drunk. I slept in the yard when I got home. I remembered the encounter, every single bit about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you got to go home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, exactly because the option there was exactly.
Speaker 2: Right four seven nine one text us at seven seven zero three one. There's another thing I wanted to talk about. I found I found kind of interesting. Of course, we know with Polymarket and Calsch, the betting apps, we've seen, yeah, we've seen everything happen. We just recently saw that the White House teleprompter writer was I think was he let go? Oh yeah, yeah, they fired him because he was betting on I guess maybe betting on how many words are being said.
Speaker 3: Or how many times where he yeah, how many times.
Speaker 2: How many times he says a certain word or whatever, and he won like one hundred thousand dollars over a period of time. They let him go. And we've heard everything you can bet on, and when it comes to polymarket, have you have you guys heard this latest story of what people were betting on? Now I don't. Here's the thing. Do you believe eventually that this is going to be regulated in some way, shape or form. You believe that? Do you believe eventually the government's going to step in and go, hey, look, you know, we understand this is a legitimate business. That the idea of predicting stuff and betting on it sounds kind of novel. It's fun. But at what point are they going to limit what you can bet on?
Speaker 5: I thought we would have saw some backlash after a member of the strike team bet on the Venezuela and raid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought we did, though, didn't we? I thought, didn't that guy get reprimanded individually?
Speaker 5: You're seeing that and now cal she is see if they don't self regulate, then it gets out of hand and then the government steps in right, you know, depending on how functional the government is on this, should you.
Speaker 2: Be able to go?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So with this you just like you.
Speaker 5: They say they're cutting down on trying to identify people guilty of insiders training. So I think they'd use this White House teleprompter operator as an example of them self policing on.
Speaker 2: Call she or poly market? Do they have the like a deadpool? Can you gamble on on humans on the detriment of a human being?
Speaker 5: I believe the last time I looked, and this was months ago, I haven't been on these sites because I don't want to go down that road. Right, you could, but it was more of like it was Maduro's fate, right right, it was world leader's fate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is still just as tasteless. It's this story will tell you it is. It is ultimately tasteless. What do you think you can What do you think people are betting on right now? In poly market? And I get another question about the poly market and call she thing? Who makes the who makes the subject? In other words, who decides what can get bet on? Is that the app? Or is that is that user produced? I don't know, yeah, because I find that very interesting if it's jewser produced and somebody says, hey, we should be able to bet on this. Somebody set up a thing where we can gamble on this. That's one thing still has to be regulated by the app, though they would still have the ability to shut that down. Or if the app says, hey, this looks like it has some promise, let's put that up there and see if people gamble on that. Right, Either way, what do you think the story is about? What are people gambling on?
Speaker 3: Obviously the demise of someone.
Speaker 2: It is the demise of someone or something. Ooh, democracy, I.
Speaker 3: Was going to say democracy.
Speaker 2: How about how about the how about the Eton fire? As the fire swept through La and Altadena last year claimed nineteen lives right and January of twenty twenty five is the LA fire's rage. People placed bets on poly Market, one of the leading prediction market platforms. They wage money on how many acres the fire would consume, which locations the flames would reach, and where and when they would be contained. People are betting on the destruction of a a wildfire on Polymarket and Cal Street.
Speaker 5: Which is and what's so wrong about that is because there are people who can affect that y right, like anybody if they wanted to, you know, have enough money, it's like, oh well, if I just you know, you know, move the fire over here, create one, they'll they'll just think it's part of the same and I'll win my bet. Absolutely, yeah, And that's where people looking for money. Yeah, it says here it was pretty dystopian, said this California based climate scientist who works at the nonprofit Climate Central. He says, it's not just easy to start a fire. Now, there's a potential financial incentive. And you could you imagine if I knew like a place in La where I could go over there and it was like roads on all sides, and if I just set this cube on fire, chances are it would be contained within this cube, and then you could bet, oh, I think it's gonna burn about fifteen acres, well, you know, it says. It's as poly market as part of a booming multi billion dollar industry which allows people to bet on the outcome of almost any future event, from the results of football game, football games, and elections to the number of social media posts Elon Musk makes. It says some prediction markets also allow people to bet on wildfires as well as climate change, fuel and extreme weather events. And again like something like Elon Musk wouldn't have to do this for money, but he can do it just to mess with Yeah, just for fun, just for fun? Is how many posts? And if it's someone around him.
Speaker 2: Yeah he could. I mean, it's easily fixable. That's why, that's why I do not understand how it works or how people roll the dice on these things, because it's it's so easy to manipulate based on the subject matter, based on what you're betting on. No different than the teleprompter guy or the invasion guys who have inside knowledge of where it's going, where it's gonna land first, what the target is. All of those things would be things that you would bet on in the app. This poly market says, this platform is a valuable source of information during disasters. Quote, people turn to news for commentary, and they come to poly market for information. While we're not blind to the risks, removing these markets does not prevent a tragedy, but does make the most accurate information less accessible to the people who need it first.
Speaker 4: You mean the betters, Yeah, Because I'm not imagining too many first responders are hanging out on Culshire poly market trying to figure out where to you know, cut their fire line next.
Speaker 2: It says people have been betting on the weather long before the dawn of the Internet. That's what they're trying to say, whether it be for your fishing, hunting, planting your crops, you know, reaping your crops. I mean, that's what they're basically saying is we've gambled on weather as human beings, as a species for our entire existence. That's the logic they're trying to use.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think the wildfire is at next level event. I wouldn't Yeah, I wouldn't classify that as weather texter. I think they will regulate this as soon as regular people fight way to benefit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right. Is as the poly market creates market the poly team. The poly market team creates markets without you, with with input from users by formulating questions to which the answer is usually yes or no. Users buy shares in an outcome between a dollar or you know, no money and a dollar. If yes, shares are trading at sixty five cents each, for example, that means the market thinks that there's a sixty five percent chance than the outcome of that happening shares in the crowd correct outcome or paid out at one dollar each. So I bet sixty five cents and if I win, I win thirty five cents. Right, That's what I'm profiting.
Speaker 5: I guess I'd never I figured if I got one, if I started to try to understand it, I'd be one step closer and putting money in.
Speaker 2: Well, theoretically, I mean there anywhere four thirty today, I mean until four thirty, but I mean when hurricane season starts, and even this thing going across the golf right now, so you would be able to go and find those golf cities in Texas and go, okay, well, I wonder how much damage is going to be made here? Right? How much is the storm surge going to damage? And you start betting on an outcome like how much is Katrina gonna cost? Like while people are being rescued from rooftops and their powers out and an entire city is struggling to stay alive. People that aren't in that city would be betting on the amount of damage or the amount of homes lost.
Speaker 3: Nothing.
Speaker 4: I'd want to put my money on bad karma. It does seem bad karma.
Speaker 2: Very very dystopian. I think that word is absolutely perfect for this extremely dystopian.
Speaker 3: Oh, without a doubt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, four oh seven nine one six one four one. You always text us at seven seven zero three one back in one second, Jim Cobber show what's up?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 19: Yeah, the whole passing out and blacking out thing, it takes years and years of pure alcohol abuse for that to happen. I used to wake up every morning, and I'm not joking, I'd have a bottle of liquor. I'm not saying that'd be the first thing I drank. I'd be drunk by nine o'clock. But before you know it, you hit this point where you don't remember what you said or you've been who you wrong?
Speaker 2: He actually said another one because he.
Speaker 19: Was sorry to send a double dispatch here. But you understand alcoholics.
Speaker 20: Their drug dealer is also on every corner on every street, almost man, And you hit a point where you could drink functionally, but you always want to chase that.
Speaker 2: Dragon, just getting a little bit more of a buzz. So it's really hard.
Speaker 19: And you should call those friends that drink a lot, man, give him a hand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope you're okay. Buddy, I hope you gave it up. And then, by the way, he's echoing with a lot of people in the texting service have said we had a bit of a lag. Like we do with the technical service, we'll throw out a topic, then we'll talk about of some other stuff, and then we'll have texts that are coming in from that, And that's exactly what we have here. Pretty much only alcoholics have blackouts. This is from a long time recovery and alcoholic. A couple other people said the same kind of thing, like I've had a few blackouts, and they feel that most people who have that experience have a long relationship with alcohol.
Speaker 5: So I have another one, Jimmy, you just brought this up earlier this week. The h when you watch that documentary and they changed the person's features what they call that, you remember, they.
Speaker 2: Called that anonymized digitally. In other words, what happened was is during a documentary I was watching, rather than blur the face of the people they were interviewing, they just made up a new person with AI. So the person you're seeing actually isn't even a person, but that character is saying what the witness actually said.
Speaker 5: So I think we have it for someone did that with their voice. I don't know if you can make it out. I'll try it because some of the audio quality. It's been a little tough today here.
Speaker 3: What sports get out work.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's uh, that's too hard to make out. Yeah, yeah, I don't know what that was. It feels like we just talked to aliens. Yeah, try again.
Speaker 5: We had a lot of we Sometimes when you do a talk back, just real quick listen back, make sure it sounds so good. We got one from Solomon the Kansas Trucker. Yeah, yeah, and just really good information. But the audio quality on it was so rough. It's just something we can't play in the air because the listeners and people listening won't be able to really understand it.
Speaker 2: It's just yeah, because there is he hasn't blacked out since the Upsilon days when he was in I guess in a frat. Oh boy, And the guy says he's one hundred percent right. The guy calling it about alcoholism. If you have a long term relationship with alcohol, that you will experience blackouts more than like people who do not do that. Even I think maybe even people who are like Weekend Warriors probably won't have that same experience because they're not drinking to the sleep every night of the week. You know, there's one more on.
Speaker 3: It, Jams.
Speaker 16: I actually called Jack and said, I do you give you all the basics of a blackout?
Speaker 2: And just what did I do last night? Back out?
Speaker 20: Is you remember some stuff but only when you drink a few beers.
Speaker 16: In the morning.
Speaker 5: But bol'sho. When I called up Jack and it's like, what do you want to talk about, I said, my expertise.
Speaker 2: I never heard him laugh so hard. Yeah, he passed that on team. By the way, he passed on I'm Jim, there's deb and Jack is here as well, and we'll have another keyword for you at the top of the hour. You do have a few minutes with the word credit to get over to real radio. Donef him and send that away, but we will have a fresh one for you at the top of the hour. A little bit later in the show, it's Only Money with Scott Brown from Edgewber Family Wealth. Of course we'll have trivia today as well. Yeah. I love the I love all of the interaction we're getting with the texting service on these topics, because you know, the alcohol thing is kind of wild. You know, we talk about it in a laughing matter, because, like that guy said, you know, I mean, alcohol is perfectly accepted in the States almost every state, every city. You know, you can walk into and grab some alcohol and have at it, and no one who is selling it at an ABC or any of these stores is going to ask you if you have an alcohol problem. They're just gonna take your money and give you the alcohol.
Speaker 5: Supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores, liquor stores everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everywhere. Same place you get your groceries, same place you get your your pharmaceuticals. Yep, all that. I mean, they also have alcohol every single retailer, with the exception of people who don't. You know, I mean you can get alcohol, get your gasolina where you get your gasoline, exactly present, all right, seven to seven zero three one. That's how you text us if you have something saying. Speaking of that. By the way, there is a little story about alcohol we can kind of cover real quick before we get to the top of the hour. We can actually carry it over U. There is a an Alaskan bush pilot uh named Kenneth Jopi, which is our jupy j oupp I. He's eighty two years old. Whoa, and he's had an argument going on for quite a while. He is a one man air taxi service and he uses his personally owned nineteen sixty nine Cesna that he bought that he has is since twenty twelve, and he flies people into areas that don't have access via roads. But in Alaska, I think there's quite a few of those places, right, yeah, So that's exactly what happened. He picked up a he had a run. He picked up a guy and said he was going to take some guy to this remote village of Beaver near the center of the state.
Speaker 3: Not giving you that one's too easy.
Speaker 2: Beaver had banned the possession or cell of alcohol within its limits and had for years because they had a big time problem. And out by the way, I don't know if you know, Alaska one of the biggest consumers out there. A lot of Alaskans have issues and a lot of that has to do with the fact that it's dark for so long.
Speaker 3: Yes, right, six months.
Speaker 2: So what happened was is he actually flew a guy in who had gone to the grocery store and he had one six pack of beer. But the Alaska law reads that if you bring beer into Beaver County in any way, shape or form, for any reason, whatever you bring it in can be confiscated. So what they're basically doing is saying that if he went, if the if he loses this case, they're going to take his plane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it was his passenger who did it.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter, it's him, it's his vehicle. It's his vehicle. I don't know if he knew or not, but he you know, he flew in there. I hope he's got a common sense judge. Yeah, you know, yeah, this is going to the Supreme Court. By the way, eighty two year old guy, Yeah, eighty two years old. It says for centuries English common law tookhim to account the characteristics of the defendant or his or her specific violation and what they're hoping that will happen here. He's like, look, man, this guy's eighty two years old. He brought a a guy with a six pack of beer, or you going to take his plane as one hundred thousand dollars plane. Why are they pushing this because it's against the law, and I mean they're they're just kind of sticking to the ball. The whole story is is why don't they just chill out find him or something. You choose what laws you pursue. Yeah, I don't know here it is in the since the since theid argued in court the state seizure is a plane valued at ninety five thousand dollars runs a foul of the Eighth Amendments ban on excessive fines. And now the Supreme Court will have to weigh.
Speaker 3: In the US Supreme Court or the Alaska.
Speaker 2: You know what the funny thing is. I believe it's the Alaska Supreme.
Speaker 3: Court, as is the US Supreme Court is already out of session.
Speaker 2: Done. Yeah, it says the Alaska Supreme Court held that under the alcohol importation ban, the state was required to confiscate his airplane. So maybe it is the US Supreme Court. Maybe he's appealing it all the way to the US Supreme Court. Yeah, it's exactly what he's doing. Now the Supreme Court will weigh in on whether he's right. I guess it'll just be the next session.
Speaker 3: It's a long time to wait if you get to keep your plane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And he's been fighting this for a while. This happened a while back. He's been fighting this for a long ass time. It's his Alcohol abuse is a serious problem in rural Alaska, and airplanes are sometimes the only realistic means to commit the crime of alcohol importation. That's what a legal brief said from the state. It says he was convicted for his own knowing and international or intentional misconduct, and forfeiture removes the business asset that was the means used to commit the offense. So they're basically claiming he didn't know the guy had it on him, and then when he flew him into Alaska, he intentionally broke the law, and for that, the law says, we take whatever you brought it in. If it was a yacht, if it was a an airplane, if it was whatever, we're taking it.
Speaker 4: I can't imagine him taking that kind of risk with the only way he has to make a living.
Speaker 2: It says. A trial court in twenty eighteen ruled that the state taking Joppy's plane would be an excessive fine under the Constitution, though the Alaska Supreme Court ultimately decided otherwise in twenty twenty five, leaving the United States Supreme Court as the one time pilots only remaining outlet for recourse. So I don't even think he's flying anymore. Eighty two years old. Crazy all right four seven nine four one text us at seven seven zero three one back in one second, fresh keyword.
Speaker 1: We now returned to the Jim Colbert Show Show.
Speaker 19: Got another one, guys, I'm sorry to keep doing that.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about Alcoholism is.
Speaker 19: Especially a scary, you know, addiction, because you can't just quit it cold turkey. It's a physical addiction. So you can be like, yeah, man, I'm just done with it. But if you just quit and you've been drinking for a long time and you can go into seizures, they could seriously kill you. So you have to wean yourself off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've uh, obviously we've heard that about alcohol. Yeah, really really bad. There's a real famous video of John Daly, the professional golfer, walking down the fairway, and his battle with alcohol had been pretty public, you know, he talked about it quite often. And he is, you know, it's a summer day or whatever, and he's walking and he's like shaking. Yeah, he's like literally shaking. I think a fuzzy Zeller who is another player, was walking besideing kind of his arm around him, trying to kind of get him in the you know, get him through that round. But yeah, you can see it live in an action right there. And if you've never seen the movie Leaving Las Vegas with Nicholas Cage, which was one of his unbel I mean, one of his best performances ever. Elizabeth Shoe is in the movie as well. It's about a guy who kind of lost everything and then decided he was going to drink himself to death and go to Vegas to do so. And uh man that if anything brings home the idea of alcoholism at the ultimate level, that does terrible. I mean, I say terrible. It's a great movie, but it's hard to watch. New. By the way, that is your five o'clock keyword in e W go to real radio out of him and send that away for your chance in a thousand bucks. New is the word, guys, we get that money. I'm Jimner's deb jack Us here as well. Yeah, hello, how are you? I'm good? Good, Deb. You like to drive fast? No, I like to drive fast as well. I think it's fun. I do it less than I ever have before. I'm more of a cruise control guy these days. I don't want to get pulled over anymore. I'm tired of getting pulled over, so I don't do that anymore. Jack. You're not a speeder either, are you.
Speaker 5: I used to be when I was a teenager, but I outgrow it.
Speaker 2: Now you're not that right now. I just I save it for the track. I bring this up. I bring this up for a reason out of curiosity. This is a Fox thirty five story, by the way, out of curiosity. How much money do you think speeding costs Americans every year? You mean the fines they pay? No's Can I tell you? The scary part is it's not even counting that. It's how much more gas you use to speed. And then I'll give you the number the average time that you save while speeding, a collective number. Yeah. So, in other words, how much money collectively the US spends more than they should on gasoline because they're speeding. In other words, their cars would get much better gas mileage if they just drove the speed limit instead of speeding. You're burning that much more gas because you're speeding. One billion dollars a billion one Now it's twenty two million dollars, Okay, twenty two million dollars that Americans spend collectively more than they have to simply because they speed and cost themselves gas, you know, cost themselves miles per gallon. Right, how much time do you believe you save by speeding collectively for that twenty million? Yeah, for age for any single trip, like when you let's say ninety second, let's say we drive deb and I drive from Mountain door Eustas. Every Debini take the exact same route to work every day. I mean the exact same route. It almost takes the exact same time for us both to get here. It's about between thirty two and thirty four minutes based on the traffic. Right, that's what you have. No, where are you thirty? Yeah? Okay, well there you go. Okay, right, so to four minutes? Right, you get here two minutes before I do? Then, right, you get here two minutes faster than I do. And that's the average, it's average of one hundred and twenty to ninety seconds. Is all you get more while speeding. Now, if that's not your goal to get there faster, and that's for me, that's the goal. I just want to get to where I'm going faster. I'm not trying to get a thrill out of it anymore. But that if you think that drive, you know, instead of going seventy, you're going eighty five, and you think, well, i'll get there, you're getting there exactly ninety seconds to one hundred and twenty seconds faster than the person going seventy an hour. I remember hearing that back in high school. Oh yeah, that's stat and it's costing you so much money that I didn't know. Yeah, I mean I assumed, yeah, it's more gas, but I never considered collectively how much more fuel is being used. Yeah, for people who speed it, says the authors. In the latest study, a statement explained one hundred and twenty million real world trips in the US. Researchers took all that data and took into account the US road network, speed limits, and elevation to create these models. Because obviously your car will burn more out west when you're you know, going up and down hills like that. Yeah, it'll burn a little bit more more gas. But in said it pointed out that many of the previous studies use localized, small scale samples for general fuel economy assumptions that use lab test results. This is a real deal on the trip every day, one hundred and twenty million people. Also, it could say fifty seven metric tons of carbon dioxide every day six point seven million gallons of gas extra burn because people speed, And I don't know what your average cruise speed is. I'm a nine guy. Nine over is your max. Yeah, nine over is the max. Like our speed limit going home is sixty five miles an hour on the.
Speaker 3: Four fourteen til you get to the four twenty.
Speaker 2: We get them four twenty nine, it goes up to seventy. I'll go sixty four and I'll go seventy eight or seventy nine on the other road. That's it. Nine is fine. Ten your mind, Yeah, that is fine, ten your mind. But you don't do that though you a little bit faster than that. Right, You've blown by me and I'm going seventy four.
Speaker 3: What's because you drive like an old woman? And that's not my fault.
Speaker 2: Seventy seventy four fifty four miles an hour and I go four.
Speaker 3: Over that one. I'm still under the town.
Speaker 2: But I'm talking about the road that's sixty five miles an hour. This this first one is only sixty five. I'll tell you that the worst road is this one going to it.
Speaker 3: Oh, well, the whole four fourteen sucks.
Speaker 2: Said, Those extra tens of millions of dollars and millions of gallons of gas are not saving much time either. In the end, research is s made that you're saving less than a minute off of your commute by doing that. I've heard the average is actually little bit more than that, but I find that it really is way less. And the thing that thisisses me off the most God when it comes to speeding. And these are these self taught lessons in life that you see every day and you just it just doesn't soak in. Is when you blow by somebody on a highway and you're like, oh, man, I you know that guy driving so so I get out of my way. I got place to be. And you get about five miles down the road and you hit a stomp light. Who pulls up right next to you.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's called karma.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the person you just blew by thinking you're gonna get so much faster for me, though I don't know about you guys. I use the lights. For me. It's this, I'm gonna do whatever it takes to get on the other side of that light. That's my goal. Because on the other side of that light allows me to go to that next light. You see what I'm saying. Yep, that's my that's my strategy when it comes to driving a little bit faster.
Speaker 5: I've done it. I've been on the other side of it.
Speaker 2: You know. It's the track like thinking. It is no joke.
Speaker 5: You think you're getting ahead and then you know, you catch up. And the funny thing is is like when I when I drive home, I do. I haven't driven over like eighty five miles an hour and so long because for one thing, I just don't it's I just don't want to get pulled over, dude. But not only that, you talk about the extra costs, the lack of what you're saving, the extra fuel you're using, so the more damage to the environment. You're also a more of an unsafe driver on the road, causing, you know, making it more of a dangerous situation than the cars and pedestrians around you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man, I don't know. It's just kind of why when I saw that, and it's so funny because it doesn't matter. I've read this thing before. I mean, you know we all have, and you still want to go fast. It's just something very fun about driving a little bit faster, all right four seven nine one six four one text us at seven seven zero three one? Do it like me? Do it on the track? Yeah, I ah, take another track.
Speaker 3: I do want to get on the track.
Speaker 2: They do thens they do the driving experiences and stuff. You know, during the race one hundred and thirty miles an hour, you do. I think during good I think during Daytona. Isn't there a thing where they run like a raffle or something, or they have a day and if you pay a certain fee you can take your car out on Daytona. I think you can and drive it around. I think I remember a couple of years ago somebody did that and called in right, because we talk about the banks are so high.
Speaker 3: I'd be too scared to do that. You have to know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but because I mean the bank is like when you go to the banks in Daytona, if you haven't been on the field there, it would be it's difficult to walk to the top.
Speaker 3: I remember you saying that it was difficult to walk.
Speaker 5: It at thirty three degrees is quite significant when you were on foot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, coople to do it flat.
Speaker 2: I had a couple du dried motorcycles around it. During Bike week, they did this very thing where they left dudes in Harley's big old sleds come out there and those things are super heavy, just keeping them a balance without the kickstand down, you know, to stop like some of those bikes, some of those big backers, it's you know, they're very heavy, and I remember I got them go and that got hi. Remember a guy telling me when they go around there, man, you you better have some speed because if you don't go around that turk, you'll just follow your ass over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you need to. You need to be a certain speed so that banking is helping you and not hurting.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, you gotta get those g's going.
Speaker 5: So while they had a little trioval out at the Disney area where they did Richard Petty Driving Experience, Yeah, I got to do that one there, and I remember when I was out there, it was.
Speaker 2: So you know. The funny thing is I remember being on a Disney property and it was so obnoxious. You could hear that thing everywhere, and I was like, I cannot believe Disney's allowing the stay that's it was so unbelievably loud. You could actually go out there and drive supercars as well. Is that what you're talking about?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 5: I drove it. My speed was about one twenty eight. Would you drive what's which one? I don't know whatever stock car? They probably it was a stock car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they had a thing out there for a while toward the end, I believe where you could go out and you know, drive like a Ferrari or a Lambow or something and it's like a NASCAR stock car. Yeah. I thought they had an in like a road track inside, much like they do in Daytona for the Rolex. I thought they had that and we would and you could actually go out there. And I think they added that on toward the end where you could drive like a supercar, you know, for like, you know, four or five hundred bucks. You could do like three laps, but it's regulated. They won't let you go over a certain you know, a certain speed. You have some guy with you, it's like no, no, no, no, not too fast, not too fast. Look, I'm driving a Lambo. I pay to drive a Lamborghini. I mean my my Ranger goes one hundred.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna go power you. I don't want to write it can't afford to fix it.
Speaker 2: All right four oh seven nine one six one four one text us at seven seven zero three one when we get back. There's a little story around the Odyssey, the big movie that's out right now. Charlie Starron got herself in a little hot water. Have you guys heard the story? You have not, I'll tell you about it next.
Speaker 14: So allegedly there's a spot on Highway twenty between Aiken and Columbia, South Carolina, that you could see for miles in both directions, and if you hit it just right and there's nobody around within eyesight, you can open up your car and get it up to some.
Speaker 2: Pretty good speeds.
Speaker 21: And allegedly I know somebody really close to me that got his nine to eleven up to almost one hundred and seventy one time before it was just too much.
Speaker 18: Yeah, ay there, Jim. I don't know if I fully believe that whole speeding thing. I think, you know, people definitely tend to be using more fuel as they're speeding, unless you're monitoring where your fuel gauge is and how fuel efficient your car is if it's a newer car, because it tells you on the flip side. I know for sure I am saving at least forty minutes when I drive from Orlando to Fort Myers. So I'm gonna just keep doing.
Speaker 22: You keep alling, asked, all right, buddy, to show this Chris and Rawleigh a couple of years a good opportunity to take Marv to Atlanta Speedway for a NASCAR race. The Thursday night is all drinking barber qn. But they would let you take your car, a private car on the track, like you don't got to pay for anything. You go out there and drive around as fast as you wanted to. They'd put like sports cars together. Let them go, the chuckers, let them go. We did one hundred and ten and nineteen ninety eight suburban.
Speaker 2: Damn. Yeah that was fun. Yeah, I bet it could come apart.
Speaker 7: I'm definitely not driving slow.
Speaker 13: I'm in this car.
Speaker 7: I'm on somebody else's car right now because I have a truck.
Speaker 6: But this thing one's sixty.
Speaker 9: So why you hot?
Speaker 7: I mean, yeah, and it's just American to drive fast, well said, Well said, change my mind, young lady.
Speaker 2: All right, your five o'clock keyword is new n EW. Go to real radio DOFM and send that away. From your chance at one thousand bucks. New is the word goes Jim. There's dead hell Jack's ear as well.
Speaker 5: I have a family, will be the last country to adopt self driving cars?
Speaker 2: Trivia coming up in just a few minutes. Of course, at the six o'clock hour, we'll talk to Scott Brown. It's only money, so Charlie's Saron. Obviously, this is a big, big movie. This Odyssey movie is gigantic. It's going to continue to make money. It has been the talk of all cinema now for the last three or four months up until the release last weekend. It is getting glowing reviews. Our very own movie reviewer Emily the Movie Girl said it was a five star movie, one of the only ones she's given that recommendation to that inn obsession. That's right, only two this year. Uh. And there are a lot of big stars in this movie. Matt Damon, let's see Charlie's tarn Zen Daya is in this movie. Tom Holland is in this movie. So a lot of players in this movie. And this happened with Charlie's Sarn. Now, if you don't know anything about Charlie's Stern, by the way, she is a stone cold like baller. And if you read anything about her life story and how she came up in the scrub of Australia, you will realize that she isn't your normal dainty Hollywood star kind of young lady. Was it Australia or South South Africa? My bad, you're right South Africa. Yes, she watched her mother shoot and kill her father, her abusive father, and uh yeah, I mean had it covin. And so she's a tough gal, right, And that's what we hear from Hollywood insiders who talked to her. They talk about she's kind of dudish a little bit right, has a little bit of that dumb tomboy thing going in.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 2: So the story is that Charlie's thereon may O Matt Damon's wife, Luciana an apology. Now, you guys tell me if you think this is out of bounds here, right, if you think this is too much. The actress she plays the immortal ce Nymph Calypso in the movie, and she went on and on and gushed about him how incredible Matt Damon's physique was while doing an interview, and of course he reveals that he went through this grueling training schedule to get jacked up for the movie of King Odysseus. She is, I've seen him without that suit on. He's incredible, incredible, And people picked up on that and thought that she went overboard explaining a married man's body or physique.
Speaker 3: You don't think you'd mind Jack, She could.
Speaker 2: Talk talk about me like that, Amy. You know, Amy Poehler has her podcast Good Hang and Uh. Matt did the show and said that his life changing transformation was crazy. He told comedian Amy Poehler, it's way different to begetting jacked in your fifties. It's really really hard. It's just a complete, complete lifestyle change altogether. You just put your feet on the gas and that's it. It's the only way to do it. Eat a little less, no gluten. Changed his life. But it was her comments that have Hollywood buzzing because they say that she kind of went overboard on explaining how good that Matt Damon looked. Who's a married man. What's that limit?
Speaker 9: She?
Speaker 5: I think the it is if she said and implied something about having a relationship with him or wanting to do something with him, I think that's that would be crossing the line.
Speaker 2: But she didn't. It was just about how good someone loved well.
Speaker 4: And not only that, it wasn't just about how good someone looked, it was also the effort it took to get there. Yecause I think more of her comments when she acknowledged that the struggle after fifty to get that kind of physique is a completely different struggle than when you're in your thirties.
Speaker 2: And by the way, she's had to do this in a number of movies, right, I mean, she's had a number of action movies, whether it be the Mad Max movies or any of the other a unflux movies that she's done, where she's had to be an incredibly good shape.
Speaker 5: Am I supposed to apologize for all the things I'm thinking about?
Speaker 2: Charlie Stern? Let me ask you this. It's funny is it gender based? Is that why this is being brushed off so easily? Because if one of our sales reps we just hired a new sales rep here, she's a sweet girl, married kids, the whole nine yards. But if she came in first day and I go, wow, man, unbelievable, great legs, great legs, you look amazing, that's pretty innocuous. Right now, it's not the same. Why not. It's just because it's male to female, that's it.
Speaker 4: Right, No, it's because it's one actor to another actor acknowledging what you had to do.
Speaker 3: To actually fulfill that role.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the first half she gushed about his body, the second half she gushed about everything he had to do together.
Speaker 2: Now insane. She just said, outside of his suit, he looks amazing, really amazing, incredible, in other words, without the Odysseus costume on, with just him and like shorts and a T shirt or whatever, maybe not even that looks amazing, implying that she's seen him in that way. But if a girl walks in, Let's say we hired a new sales guy. Guy's ripped, really good shape. Matter of fact, we used to have one of these guys here and Nam Sam was an unbelievable shape. Good dude too, right, And if he walks in and one of the sales reps who's a female, says, wow, dude, you look amazing. Are you you're working out a lot? Really? You look great? I don't think that gets taken this same way at all. It does not. Yeah, I mean, what's the double standard?
Speaker 5: Why is that because we are a patriarchal society and and the just the gender roles that we've grown up. And it's just the way it is as far as yeah, just the way it is.
Speaker 2: The comments, don't they don't flow back and forth.
Speaker 3: You upset you're not getting anything.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it has nothing to do with that. I just found it interesting that that you know how that play goes. Because here's the thing. I've learned my lesson here, because I can be very familiar too fast. I've done this a lot in my life, where I'll comment on somebody's look or what there. And I've learned my lesson because I've gotten that kind of cross look where I'm not trying to You know, I'm happily married and have been for twenty years, and I would give somebody a compliment and think to myself immediately, oh man, that was maybe out of bounds and it didn't even mean to be. And here's where I've here's where I've changed whereas I would say, whereas I would used to say, man, that dress looks amazing on you, right, you don't say that anymore. Now here's what you say, that color looks amazing on you, right, right, maybe it's a blue dress, a pink dress, or red yellow dress, whatever the case may be. Instead of commenting on the garment itself and how it fits the body, I go, you know, that color really compliments your you know you, I think it looks great on you. But I think you could also say that's a that's a pretty dress. Yeah, I think that.
Speaker 5: And it's it's funny because it's one there's an accepted language of when you are hanging out, and then when you go into a corporate environment, a business, a professional environment, the you know, a lot of the common talk does not fly, not even locker room. This general talk about how you know, more casual conversation doesn't fly in a business environment. But then you also have changing views towards how we speak and like through the whole me Too movement and and over the past few years. It's some of the comments you would have said to a co worker twenty years ago you're not saying today.
Speaker 4: I think by complimenting the dress, you take the overtness out of it, right, because now you're focusing on the dress, not the body.
Speaker 2: It looks.
Speaker 4: How it looks that is a really pretty dress says nothing about you.
Speaker 2: How about this one? That dress makes you look less fat?
Speaker 4: Is that I would pay you a dollar ten dollars, Jack, I will pay you ten dollars to do just that.
Speaker 2: And who do you want me to say it to something that you.
Speaker 3: Want to get you ten dollars for it?
Speaker 2: But if you you come in here all the time and like you will have a new shirt on or whatever, and I will say that, I'll go in, that shirt looks really good and you haven't seen that shirt before. That blouse looks nice on you, right.
Speaker 3: And I'll do the same for you, Like why are you all dressed up?
Speaker 2: You look nice today yesterday, Jack?
Speaker 3: Nice, nice haircut?
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: But we're we're familial in that way. Like I wouldn't say that someone else.
Speaker 2: Emily came in yesterday look cute as a button, right, because she she really takes good care of herself, because it's a cute little shoes, cute little dress. But I tell her that, No, I don't say anything. I don't know her well enough. I don't know where I want to tell her. She looks at me because I think women love compliments, do they not ask? I think you look great today? What a cool looking dress? Or whatever. What a cool outfit. I tell her boss this all the time. Judy is our boss. She and she wears some pretty dope clothes. Uh, and she kind of punk stuff, right, I mean plaid pants and stuff like that's pretty bad ass.
Speaker 5: I told her yesterday. I'm like, that outfit is awesome. But it's also there's a couple of dynamics there. One is age in relation to the person who is giving the compliment right where you could be one of them is father and the other one you're is more your contemporary, and the other one is positioned. And if you hold power over that person or they hold power over you, right, Whereas when you're doing it to your boss, it's it's a different it hits different different dyna.
Speaker 2: Right. Then when it is with someone who's a guest on your show, Yeah, do you compliment somebody if they're working out and they've lost weight like that? I mean, is that a weird thing?
Speaker 23: You know?
Speaker 3: Sometimes that's tricky.
Speaker 4: It is, really that is tricky because you don't want to say, man, you were really fat before, and that's kind of like what they hear.
Speaker 2: I almost did it somebody today, A dude in the building almost I almost asked that person, Wow, man, how much weight have you lost? Because I don't want to imply that they're on a drug or they've done anything like that. And I know that sounds silly, but I think there's still a little bit of soft tissue around that.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Can you say you look like you've lost weight? Is that okay?
Speaker 5: Because there's people who lost weight and then no one notices, and they're like, in all that effort, no one even no one's ever mentioned it.
Speaker 4: That one I feel a little bit more uncomfortable with. And hey, that's a cute shirt.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The weight thing, yeah, hey your GPL wanting it.
Speaker 2: I mean, but what if one of the reps comes in, like it's a female rep and and obviously you can see that maybe over a period of time she's made a body trans information because she's working at her training. Is it safe to say, hey, man, you are you working out? Looks amazing? You look incredible.
Speaker 4: It would depend on my relationship with that person individually, And if I didn't know them well enough, I would just just clear.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't say anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wouldn't because I'd be too nervous that I'd stick my foot in it. Because I don't know them well enough, and maybe I would be that one person that was like, man, you made me feel like.
Speaker 2: And it's weird though, because and I don't know this is if this is a tick in my personality or whatever. I want to compliment people who have done well for themselves. I want to compliment people who system you, who have made efforts to achieve, not to be better, because I think that's so subjective, but at least to achieve a goal they set out to achieve. Like, you know, if you started working out and you had a goal of getting stronger, maybe losing a little bit of weight, to compliment that I think is really good. I mean you say, hey, look you know I mean, are you working out?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You cann't tell? I mean you look amazing.
Speaker 5: So you also have to be careful because there's other reasons for people losing weight. Tex text says they complimented someone and say, hey, you lost a bunch of weight, haven't seen you in a while, and the person responded with that pancreatic cancer in a couple months to live.
Speaker 2: Oh ouch?
Speaker 5: Right, And then another texta writes in never comment on people's bodies.
Speaker 2: Ever, right, I think that's the safe bet, right, But I think you can do that and not mean to sometimes with the whole clothing thing, Like, I mean, I think you can do that.
Speaker 4: That's why it's best to compliment the clothing and not the person wearing it.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you look smoking hot in that outfit? Not good?
Speaker 2: You're talking to me? Yeah, I think it's fine, Jack, and thank you. How about I think it's amazing and I appreciate a better fact brings some more on that outfit. That outfit looks smoking hot.
Speaker 3: Ye, it's a brand new shirt. He's never worn this shirt before.
Speaker 2: I'm you. How about how about this up to somebody and go, hey, you're not stretching out your button holes anymore?
Speaker 4: I like that one are. Actually, hey, I can see you really do only have one chin. That's awesome. Did you have to clean between the floor?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you washed that other chin away. And women will do that to each other, right, Like, Like, here's the funny thing is, I'll even tell like guys in the building, who if you're wearing something cool? But hey man, that's a that looks good on you. You know, I have no problem with that. I think it's kind of fine to compliment people. I think it makes their day, Like nothing makes my day more than complimenting somebody I've never met. You know where I get a lot of this, Like public's when I go grocery shopping, Like the people who are checking out or whatever.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're that creepy guy. It's not creepy, and.
Speaker 2: I don't see it really good. You get in that soup? No no, no, no, no, no, no really tomato basil, no no.
Speaker 3: No, can I follow you.
Speaker 2: It's just that when when you get up there, they're so nice to you and they go, hey, did you find everything you're looking for? I'm like, and I always want to say, obviously I'm checking out, but I don't because I'm not a complete dick, because that's not true.
Speaker 5: Oftentimes I'm hoping they asked me because I came in looking for something they didn't have it. They the botty being cherries. They had the Maraschino but not the bott of beings. Yeah, you don't want marashinos in your bourbon.
Speaker 2: You do not want. I'm checking out with the.
Speaker 5: Stuff I did find, but I did not find everything I was looking for.
Speaker 2: Legitimate question. It's not a legitimate question. Every time they asked me. I'm going, well, I'm here, I am checking out, so obviously I didn't find everything I'm looking for. Him, I'm standing in front of you.
Speaker 3: I I usually say, found more than I was planning to exactly.
Speaker 2: That's that's a costco saying. But if you if I given you for C tips all of a sudden, I got a sight of.
Speaker 5: Beef, and if they didn't have Q tips, but you leave with the side of beef, that question is relevant.
Speaker 2: Oh Jack. Anyway, I'll tell these people that are I mean, they're obviously young people, and I'll tell you. I'll tell you the last time I did this. Uh, the bag boy the other day, I was getting some stuff the bag boy. The girl was talking to the bag boy like I wasn't even there right, so cash reisterre guy was talking to a girl was talking to the bag boy. She and she mentioned something about something that happened that day, and he goes, you know what, I don't care about that. I'm just happy to be alive. And I looked at that kid, and I said, dude, you're way ahead of the game. You are so far ahead of the game. That is the absolute goal. You should consider that the best thing you've ever learned in your life is like every day is a gift in life, and if you don't live it like that, you are way behind. And uh, I got a big smile and the girl thought I was the creepiest did it ever walked? Yeah, she did not ask me if I found anything. She did not want to see me again. Jimmy left and he's like, thanks, pops. Yeah, that's exactly it. I always want to turn around and catch one little tear dripping down like that old man said something nice to me. And it's never the case. I'm getting flipped off every time. All right, four seven nine one six four one text us seven seven zero three one. Let him up. It's time for trivia. We'll do that next. Welcome back to the Jim Kober Show, Real Radio one to two four point one. You're five o'clock. Keyword is new. You get about ten minutes or so to slide over to Real Radio dot if him and send that off for your chance of one thousand bucks. New is the word? Go get that cage. I'm Jim. There's deb Hello. Jack is here as well, and he has the Jackie sack. What my friend is inside all the board shall get chuggin chew tue. Clickety clack, clickety clack. Here we go.
Speaker 5: We have, fresh off the presses a pair of tickets to Mumford and Sons coming to Tampa.
Speaker 2: At the Benchmark International Arena. That's August seventh, Mumford and Sons.
Speaker 5: Or you might choose a pair of tickets to Stellar Knights at the Orlando Science Center.
Speaker 2: This is pretty cool, so check this out.
Speaker 5: Stellar Knights brings your favorite artist's life with incredible laser effects inside the all new Dome through August.
Speaker 2: First. You can see the lineup and grab take it at OSC dot org.
Speaker 5: They because it's so popular, they keep adding to your encore show. So you go to OSC dot org Orlando Science Center OSC for the schedule there and know that you want to get there early for the laser show. But the Stellar Knights is it's the sacience center itself. It's more than just a laser show. So when you're going, you can do all the cool stuff.
Speaker 2: It's pretty neat. It iss in the prizes in the Jackie said, my wife and the best friend are going this weekend. Okay, you absolutely all right? Number one, two, three, four or five.
Speaker 3: Let's go. Number one one.
Speaker 2: Right up, Tom, How you doing Becky?
Speaker 18: Right?
Speaker 2: Hey, you want to play a little game with us?
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's do it all.
Speaker 2: Right, Becky, this is a real easy game. But a question here for you have four answers. One of these answers is not true. I hope you find it, though, because if so, you will go see jacket because that's some prizes. You can find something nice for yourself. Are you ready? Here we go. On this day, in nineteen forty seven, Indonesia holds its very first political election process. That's right. Here are three fund facts about Indonesia and one lie on an island of its own.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Run by monarchies, I believe for a while, or at least other other government styles. But they had their first They opened it up for elections in forty seven and had their first election in fifty five.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So here's some fun facts about Indonesia. Which one of these is not true? Becky, Here we go. Number one, Indonesia is the world's leader in frog legs. Number two Indonesia's home to the world's largest Buddhist temple at twenty seven thousand square feet. Number three Indonesia is the world's leading exporter of bamboo. Or lastly, in nineteen thirty eight, Indonesia was the first Southeast Asian country to qualify for the World Cup. Which of those is a lie? No, that's absolutely true. Indonesia is home to the world's large Buddhist temple. It is twenty seven thousand square feet. Wow, all right, deb two, three, four or five.
Speaker 3: We're gonna go two.
Speaker 2: Right, there's Gary, Gary, how you doing. I'm good, glad to hear that. Gary. We're talking about the we're talking about Indonesia. Which one of these is not true? Number one, Indonesia is the world's leader in exportation of frog legs. Number two, Indonesia is the worldly nee exporter of bamboo. Or lastly, in nineteen thirty eight, Indonesia was the first Southeast Asian country to qualify for the World Cup. Number two, that's the one you're winning an emual hole, buddy. China is the number one producer of bamboo in the world.
Speaker 3: I would think France for the frog legs.
Speaker 2: No, Indonesia's frog legs. That's it. Oh, that's right. Yeah, they were right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was thinking about adding that to my backyard. Yeah, bamboo, Yeah, you gotta be very careful. I know there's different species fast growing, but you want to get one that's not as invasive. I know there's specific type and bro you don't need much. Yes, because I went to it.
Speaker 2: There's a bamboo place that we drive by every single day that we come to and from work, right off of the four twenty nine, and I remember buying bamboo. Remember the boat house, the boat the boat thing. Well, I put bamboo in front of that. It took about one year for that to create a fence of bamboo that we had to wind up trimming back. It grows so fast, it can take over so quickly. And you know what loves it? What rats? Oh?
Speaker 11: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, because what they do is when the bamboo leaves fall down into the stand of bamboo, it creates this layer that they tunnel through and create nests inside of their code. Black's neighbor has it and he has to deal with it all the time, giant fat ass rats running across his fence and stuff that live in that bamboo. Never mind. Yeah, but it's the cheapest way to give yourself property privacy. It is by far the cheapest way. It's not that expensive at all. A couple other things you may not know about Indonesia before we get to the top of the hour. Indonesia is the world leader and exporting of frog legs. Indonesia nineteen thirty eight was the first Southeast Asian country to qualify for the World Cup. Indonesia has the world's largest volcanic lake, Lake Toba, is four hundred square miles and sixteen hundred feet deep lake like a little ocean, you know, like a little golf. Indonesia is the only home on Earth for the It's a reptile kimodo draken. That's it exactly that. Yeah, uh, Indonesia. Indonesia is the world's largest producer of this kind of oil. Baby, It's used in everything. Palm oil. You got it. Palm oil is the answer. Oh wow, the worlds. They produced ninety percent of the world's palm oil. By the way, that's supposed to being in city is business really Yeah. I remember when about four or five years ago they had to really crack down on that business because they were basically just just working people to death in that in that business, it is a real kind of one of those yeah, where the labor laws really aren't paid attention to, which is weird in Adonesia, you figured it'd be great. And then lastly here Indonesia has the world's largest population of this religion. It's Muslim, two hundred and thirty one million of them. It is eighty seven percent of their entire population as Muslim.
Speaker 4: Which is why in the beginning I was thinking the Buddhist temple could have been the lie.
Speaker 2: It was wild because I couldn't figure that either. But yeah, because the Buddhist temple was not I mean, obviously Muslims are not Buddhists. Right, deb went three for three on your Indonesia quiz. Yeah, yeah, she likes it. It would be a fascinating country to visit to. Yeah, it's like a series. It's an archipelago, Jay, No, what is it? Not going to say? What is it, buddy, archipelago? It's like seventeen thousand little islands or something. It's it's some crazy number.
Speaker 3: Plus their biodiversity is off.
Speaker 2: It's one of the most it's one of the most biodiverse countries in the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it really is too far and expensive to get to. But man, that and going to Thailand.
Speaker 2: I think they also have Yeah, the world's largest archipelago state fourteenth largest country by area. Let me see here. I think they say how many islands it was, but it was a ton of islands. I want to say, like seventeen thousand islands or something ridiculous like that. Yeah, I can't find it anyway. Four or seven nine one six four one text us at seven seven zero three one?
Speaker 3: Is any country like that? You ever want to visit? Southeast Asia or Man?
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you, you know, I used to have this bit of a wonder lust to travel, and I am losing it. I am losing the want to leave this country. Ever. I don't know what it is. I have no interest. You've never left this country. I've gone, Jack, I want you to know. I've been to the Bahama's number of times. I've gone to the far reaching chores of Jamaica to travel. I've gone to the far reaching shores of a Grand came on, you get any people go there, Jack, Gran come on even if you come on, Yes, I've been to Grand come on. Yeah. Actually that was one of my favorite excursions. The uh come on, yeah, the yeah, the stingray encounter. Oh yeah, it's a blast. Yeah. Yeah. Man, I'm telling you, I've absolutely seventeen five hundred islands. I have completely lost my verve for that I have. You know, I thought about, man, it'd be great to go to Europe. Man, I gonna tell you, every time I read about it, look over there, I was like, I have no interest in going over there. I Do'm not right now. I mean maybe a little bit later, maybe when I retire, I'll go, you know what, let's go over to Let's go over to Europe. I have no interest at all.
Speaker 5: You know how when one of the throws we got with the World Cup where when they come over here and they were so surprised. Wow, people are nice. It's not like your government, Oh this is great, this is great.
Speaker 2: It might be the same thing if you go it feels like you're trying to make a point. Yeah, I don't get those role. Well.
Speaker 4: I think a golf course and some Scotch in Scotland that I think that would change our boys feeling about traveling.
Speaker 2: Got to tell you Scott throughout the because he's had a group of guys that go play golf all over the place, and he went to Ireland last year and said that it was the most amazing golf trip he's ever had they're thinking about going again, and I was like, oh, that sounds funny because you can go, you know. I went back on top of mynd wife and I'm like, Scott invited me to go to play golf and iron and he goes, why don't you go? And I'm like why, right? Really are you never said that before? What are you doing?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 4: I don't know, we'll talk about that would be a fun trip for you, you know, you would love that.
Speaker 5: That's not in the United States, It's not I know, Jack, it's just outside of New Jersey.
Speaker 2: It's just outside of Jersey.
Speaker 3: Since are real similar?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I heard I can skip a rock from Jersey to Ireland in northeast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right? Four seven nine four one text seven seven zero three one. Got another keyword for you coming up right now? And how much coffee safe to drink daily? Good question? Do you drinking? D Do you have an answer? How much coffee do you drink? Datam?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 2: I do have an answer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have one cup.
Speaker 2: Back in a second after doing colber Crew.
Speaker 12: So, Jim, you're talking about leaving Las Vegas earlier with Nicholas Kate and Elizabeth Shoe and you're right years ago about Elizabeth Dude, there's something about her. She is just absolutely gorgeous back in her day, in the eighties and in the nineties. Nice girl.
Speaker 2: That movie's brutal though. Okay, so let me get it right here. Honk a honka a ruga a aruga.
Speaker 6: Howling sound, howling sound with a slap on the tush.
Speaker 2: Not good? Correct, Yeah, that's not good. Yeah.
Speaker 24: Hey, jim I was checking out at Public's one day and I had vanilla ice cream, chocolate ice cream, strawberry ice cream. I had bananas, straw is, pineapple, little hot fudge.
Speaker 2: And whip cream. And the lady behind.
Speaker 24: The conter goes, oh, we're having banana splits. I said, nope, I'm building an ice cream truck and this is the last piece.
Speaker 2: Have a good day, all right, man, you got a buddy. Hey, how's it o'hana?
Speaker 23: Oh, Jimmy, props for the u factoids about Indonesia.
Speaker 13: There.
Speaker 23: That Buddhist temple world's largest, that you were discussing actually sits on a cliff above one of the most famous surf breaks in the world. It's called Ulu Wattu, and unfortunately the government has taken over there, absolutely raping this beautiful, pristine environment, creating roads. And yes, Jack, never ever plant bamboo.
Speaker 2: Hello, Aloha, he's somebody just texting him. Sorry, excuse me, somebody just texting and said it was illegal. It says like spreading bamboo is illegal. Now. It says a spreading bamboo has been outlawed. Really yeah, it says you can only buy a clump of bamboo in Florida. They say, yeah, clumping bamboo is the only thing available in Florida. Yeah, and that's what I got. We got little what it was like a two gallon pot and it had each pot had like maybe four or five stalks of bamboo in there, and you basically just pull it out and plant it. So we just dug a bunch of hole stuck in the ground, watered it a little bit. You really don't have to do much, man. This stuff grows. It grows are concrete, It's crazy and it goes. Dude, you can literally watch it grow. I'm not joking. Your six o'clock heyword is rich, riic h go to real radio out of him and send that away for your chance at one thousand bucks. Rich is the word, guys, Hope you win. Get out there and get that money. I'm Jenner's dead, but he Jack is here as well.
Speaker 9: He is.
Speaker 2: How much coffee are you drinking? Change day, Joe? One to two cups? One to two cups? What makes it a two cup day? Is it time? It's they're both in the morning.
Speaker 5: And it would be one if I finished that first one, if I feel okay, I'm ready to go, if or if I'm just like, I would like another one.
Speaker 2: When you say ready to go? Do you do you drink it for you drink it for purpose or for pleasure? It's both, okay both. I would say it's pleasure. It's I look forward to it.
Speaker 5: I get up, you know, I like when my wife gets up ten minutes before me at least, because I know it's going.
Speaker 2: To be ready. Oh yeah, you get a cup of coffee coming? Yeah? And how do you prepare your coffee?
Speaker 5: A little pure vanilla creamer and pure is the Aldie brand. And it's like that sweet bliss where it is just cream, sugar and flavor and vanilla.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you don't put any other sugar in there because it has sugar in there. I have sugar. Yeah, it's uh, do you like it? A little?
Speaker 13: Free?
Speaker 2: Servings of that and coffee. Three serving, well you haate it real sweet? No, no, no, not too sweet. But a serving is a tablespoon. That's a lot, dude. Three tablespoons of that stuff and a cup of coffee at one hundred galleries. How about you win cut that's it number too, because there's stomach thing generally.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'd love to have a second cup of coffee. It depends how much time there can lapse between the first cup, because once you drink that second cup and your stomach says, oh yea yeah, yeah, not a good.
Speaker 5: Movie drink that you drink that second cup with and you didn't have like a big dinner to night before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, the acid in your stomach.
Speaker 2: Is just I hope that doesn't happen to me when I get old. You eventually get their jack, I have to almost two every day. By the way, you brew your coffee or do you a currig and then jack you brew or a currig? Yeah? Brew? Yeah, so a currack curierd right?
Speaker 5: No, he does a drip pot right, yeah. Actually it's a it's a combo. It's got a carrier on the side. Yeah, but yeah, we've got that one.
Speaker 2: So fancy. You guys are so fancy.
Speaker 3: No, no, okay, mister and miss presso seventy.
Speaker 2: Bucks on sale. You spend seventy bucks on coffee in a week.
Speaker 3: He ain't lying.
Speaker 2: Coffees?
Speaker 3: Do you have? I?
Speaker 2: I have too, almost every morning, but it is a time situation for me, like a little half and half. And I use raw sugar because raw sugar still has the molasses in it and it gives you a much better kind of rounder flavor. I think that granulated white sugar has a has a bit of a synthetic flavor to it, and I don't care for it. It's too sweet. This other sweet is kind of a warm sweet, and white sugar is kind of a kind of a shrill suite, which I don't care for. Harsh, Yeah, a little bit like shrill. Whatever you want.
Speaker 5: However, I'm not fancy. I just like you're using shrill to describe sugar.
Speaker 4: Thank you in a warm sweet versus a shrill sweet.
Speaker 2: This is in a review of in the review. In a review of the latest research, the American Heart Association found that multiple cups of your morning brew will not have a negative health effect on you. But now how much you drink does matter, it says. In a study published on July twentieth, researchers found most adults can safely consume up to how many cups of coffee per day without increasing cardiovascular disease. Is that just from like the caffe and your heart going crazy? Is that what would cause it to go bad?
Speaker 3: Between that and the sugar and the creamer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it depends on how you're drinking the coffee.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: And by the way, these findings are based on black coffee. Oh, black coffee, just black coffee. I'm still gonna say three cups just because of the stomach issue. I think three sounds about right. Five is the answer? What? Yeah, Yeah, that's about how much my grandfather used to drink every day of his life. Might drink My grandfather drank coffee every minute of every day. Occasionally he would have like a fresca that was his respite from coffee, but it was coffee all day long. The cup, the pot never was cold. His coffee pot was never cold. Every time I came to his house, his coffee pot was always warm because he was always drinking coffee, black co coffee. Yeah, I think he did drink black coffee. I think we will man drink black coffee too. My daughter only drinks black coffee. My wife and I drink it the same way. She doesn't link half and half, so she does just milk with sweet and low or stevia. Yeah, splendo.
Speaker 5: Credit to the people who can drink black coffee, their life is easier. Well, it is easier, yeah, But I will tell you this, you know, I think that's dependent on what kind of coffee you drink, because if you go to some places like dunkin or seven eleven or Wahwa whatever, I mean, that's good enough coffee or whatever, but you're not having like a real coffee experience. I don't believe, and I don't believe you can have that at Starbucks either. And I'm not trying to be addicted to anybody out there, but there are a couple of coffee shops in town.
Speaker 2: I've said it before. If you want to taste what real coffee tastes like, just take a few minutes of one of your days, one of your weekends and go to Lineage over at Easton Market off of a Krin down by Baldwin Park. Right that it is poor of coffee, but it's it's the bean, man. And when you taste that coffee, don't put anything in it. Don't put any sugar, any cream in it until you taste it black. And you will never experience a cup of coffee like that before in your life. There are fruity notes in that coffee. It is so unbelievably good that you will get notes in that coffee. You can't explain.
Speaker 5: I am waiting to taste a note. I have not tasted a note yet with cigars with bourbon, so anything I eat so drink, I don't taste note.
Speaker 2: You do, You just don't understand it. Correct, Okay, So if you drink bourbon, you can't tell me you can't taste like vanilla and orange in that. You can't or you can't taste that in bourbon. That's why.
Speaker 3: Well there's only been two bourbons of the week, so you still learn it.
Speaker 2: He drinks a lot of damn bourbon. I've got a really good bottle of bourbon two years ago. It is good. I do enjoy that one.
Speaker 5: But I'm doing what am I adding sugar water, a cherry and an orange.
Speaker 2: Right, Don't do that. Don't do that, Just drink it straight up. Man, if you get a good cup of coffee from Lineage and you drink it, I guarantee everybody out there if you do this, and I'm not trying to blow them up. I got no side deal with them. I just know that it's the best cup of coffee. There are two cups of coffee. I remember specifically every Saturday morning. I used to go to Lineage Coffee when I lived down there, and I would get coffee, and I'd go to Old Heart and get pastries. It was glorious that you live that close to something that produced that quality of product. And the other one was at the Waldorf Astoria. Oh yeah, we got we got room service. And by the way, the room that we got that weekend was a freebie. A guy that we knew years ago offered us a free weekend up there, and we went up and stayed there the weekend. Torey went to the Spa, I played golf. Whatever they're in in room. Coffee that they bring just for their service in the morning was one of the best cups of coffee I've ever had my entire life. I remember it. It was like literally twelve years ago, and I remember it every single minute of it. It was that good.
Speaker 3: It should be. For the Weldofer story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I don't even know what we paid for it, probably thirty dollars for that craft of coffee. But I'm telling you was worth worth it, worth every drop. And like when you get a lineage, they're not giving that out either. I mean, you're paying seven and a half dollars or so for a couple of coffee. But I'm telling you, man, if you want that next level experience, everybody does this, right, Everybody once in their life will go and have that steak you've heard about, or go to that seafood restaurant and have that pasta dish. You know, it's going to cost a bunch of money, right, everybody's gonna go out there and order a tomahawk steak one day. There are one hundred and fifteen dollars apiece. But somebody's gonna do it because they've heard so much about it, because it's that one in a lifetime experience for me, the food thing in that world, the taste, that's like, that's where you guys talk about going to Europe. I would spend that money traveling around the US eating at the best restaurants that's what would excite me.
Speaker 4: Oh no, you need to take that same money and go to Europe and have your gastronomical mind blown over there.
Speaker 2: Though they they mark it as a rube, and you go there and they give you that it's like a It's like in that one vacation movie when to Europe, like everybody thinks they're getting fancy food and they're just microwave it in the back well.
Speaker 4: When you show up with your name embroidered on a on a beret, you've automatically you just marked yourself as real.
Speaker 3: I mean rusty, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Just try not to make yourself look like a rude. No, but that that would Somebody else texted us at seven seven zero three one and said their mom used to drink five pots. Wah Day said she never drank anything but coffee or water.
Speaker 5: Wow, yeah, yeah, I wasn't worried about coffee when my mom drank the same coffee the way I drank it, or I drink it the same way she does, and she lived to ninety three, So I figured help wise, I always I'm always interested.
Speaker 2: With, you know what the routines of people who live for a very long time. Yes, yeah, My grandfather died at eighty three. My dad's currently eighty five, and I think they both kind of have to I don't know if my dad still drinks coffee like that, but I know when he was driving a truck he drank it all the time. I mean that was like a that's how you started your day as a truck driver. Yeah, load up with coffee, a little bit of meth, all right? For seven night? Kids are doing one A four one text us at seven seven zero three one to say a little breaker body. Scott Brown's up next with its only money.
Speaker 13: You're even Niccolbra Crew, Dan the Plumber here, and I start my day by stumbling to mister coffee and filling them up to the twelve line and letting it ride. I have a whole pot, straight black, and sometimes I consume it by eight nine o'clock in the morning. Sometimes it's still there one two in the afternoon. I mean, I'm driving home from the job and I just took my last step out of my thermos and it's still warm.
Speaker 2: Good. How do you all day every day?
Speaker 13: Just like one of four point one all day every day.
Speaker 2: I love you, brother. I don't know how you get to sleep Tuesday. Everybody.
Speaker 24: I have to ask, Jimmy, did you just ask if it's okay to say how much.
Speaker 5: Weight have you lost?
Speaker 19: Does someone at the workplace it was a dude, You're probably probably not a good dude.
Speaker 2: It's different.
Speaker 3: Follow Devin and Jackson advice on this one anyway.
Speaker 2: Cheers, have a wonder pank you, Budy. Appreciate that everybody's always looking out for me. Jack. They don't want to be They don't want me to make big mistakes to make myself look stupid. Jack. That's the beauty of the talkback system. You can send Jim this worldly advice so very much needs all right seven nine four one text seven seven zero three one. Welcome back on Jim. There's deb Hello. Jack's here as well. Yeah, let's do It's only money, oh clear.
Speaker 3: People passionate about planning.
Speaker 2: For their future.
Speaker 23: Rise above investment, miss to build real.
Speaker 2: Isn't that really just common sense financial advice? It's lead again Wire Scott problems on the Edgewater family. Good lovers got well, Scott? How are you good friend? I am outstanding. Before you say another word, let's go around the room real quick. How many cups of coffee or do you believe that he even drinks coffee?
Speaker 3: I do, and I'm gonna go for I gotta tell you.
Speaker 2: I'm not a hundred he does because Scott is a bit of a health nut, works out every day, takes good care of himself, good point, doesn't drink stupid stuff, doesn't eat stupid stuff, does some stupid stuff. Okay, that's a stupid stuff. Yea, yeah, Jack, do you believe he drinks coffee? And if so, how many a day you've talked me down? I was gonna I like that four number, but I'm gonna go now because you tell me.
Speaker 5: How fit he is. I would have never guessed. Yeaheah, one one cup. You would have never guessed I was fit, and you're a you're a one cupper.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm gonna say. He doesn't even do coffee.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say that he's gonna do some kind of an electrolyte drink.
Speaker 3: He's gonna do smoothie or something like that. I think he's I think he's gonna Yeah.
Speaker 8: You know, I'm not like that lift forever guy drinking that green slop or whatever.
Speaker 2: And it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: To a Colombian. I would like to assume it's all coffee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that's weird. Thing.
Speaker 8: Before I answer that question, my wife does not drink coffee as a Colombia as a co which I think is against the law. Yeah, some of the best coffee in the world comes in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. Is so.
Speaker 8: I drink exactly one cup of coffee in the morning and one espresso.
Speaker 2: In the after Do you really that's a very thing to do. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, if I drink, I mean I occasionally, if I'm just dragging, I'll throw it down a cup in the afternoon. But I'm also a snob, like I like really good coffee, right, Yeah, where do you get yours?
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 8: I I get I'm I don't mind Starbucks, But there's a couple other places around town. I like, there's you know, Foxtail has a decent cup of coffee.
Speaker 4: They do.
Speaker 2: Have you tried lineageyet over at Easton Market? No, but I've heard buddy, listen. Listen to me. Please listen to me. Yeah, run your ass over to Lineage and have a cup of pour over. Don't do anything fancy, and don't put anything in it until you drink it. I drink it black anyway, buddy, let me tell you are going to have a much different coffee experience. It is unbelievably good. Yeah, it is so different than any coffee that you've experienced before. And I hope I'm not over hyping this, but the first time I tried a cup, I remember taking that first sip and said, I've never experienced coffee that hit me like that. I mean, you can taste different notes in the coffee, like when they tell you this coffee has this like mine had a bit of an orange thing to it, a tinge of orange in there that you could taste after it got off your palate. Unbelievable cup is.
Speaker 8: There's the flash frozen version that they use or do they use like actual fresh ground?
Speaker 2: I think they do fresh or by the way, and don't think you're gonna slide in and slide out. This is not a Starbucks. I'm calling in for my coffee scenario. This is you wait in line and they pour it over and they make it cup by cup, they grind it cup by cup, and it takes you a good eight or ten minutes to get the cup of coffee, maybe sometimes longer.
Speaker 8: So the number one cup of coffee and this will be the coffee show the number one cup of coffee I've ever had mine. So I go to Guatemala most years. It's a good works kind of trip and a cup of fresh literally straight out of the field ground and dry coffee in Guatemala overlooking the rainforest is absolutely the best cup of coffee I have. I will literally fly for four hours to have that cup of coffee.
Speaker 2: It's great. Yeah, it's amazing. Yeah. So I was telling those guys before the the other one I had that was amazing. And I don't know where they sourced this from, but we had a free weekend at the Waldorf. Yeah, I heard that out there and their their room service coffee was so good. I just couldn't I just couldn't stop coming on on how good it left a film on the on the cup on the inside because it just had that great body to it.
Speaker 8: It makes you want to drink it till like you're vibrating. It's like the wife wants to know why.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Well.
Speaker 2: Scott joins this every single Tuesday around the time to talk about some things with your portfolio. Of course, he runs and manages as werefamilywealth dot com. That's where you could go and take the free DNA Wealth DNA test, which is right there, which is.
Speaker 8: Very cool by the way. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think you know. It's one of the coolest things we've ever done. And it took me a while to get it done. I worked with Professor Christophe Moore and who's actually uh based out of Hawaii, and he and I worked for several months to put together the questionnaire to decide, Okay, how do we explain to people their personality traits and how those personality traits play out with their money. And with a lot of trial and error, we finally got it nailed down. So if you go to Edgewaterfamilywealth dot com you can download the test. I've said it a million times. Take it with your significant other because it's a lot of fun to kind of look at each other and deny that you do the things that the test is saying you do, and have your significant others say you one do all and the other thing too, is I think it's super important to point out that your personality could be a bit of a speed bump in the way that you look at your finances, and I think this will kind of this.
Speaker 2: Will show you maybe where you could either improve or where you could lean on some help to kind of get to that next level.
Speaker 8: Or how you offset each other, like for me. You know, everybody has weaknesses that affect their economics, and some people less than others, obviously, but we all have things that we do where we look back and go, well, I wish I probably should have done that differently, right. But the problem is a lot of people look back and say I should have done that differently, but don't do it differently right because they don't recognize exactly what it is they did.
Speaker 2: The well DNA test kind of.
Speaker 8: Helps you think about, oh, yeah, I see what's telling me that I overreacted in the last down market. I sold my whole four oh one k to cash and that's why today I don't have the returns.
Speaker 2: A lot of the people I know do. And when you take the test, it'll spit out a like a what's the word I'm looking for? Score? Yeah, just a score or you know, just a descriptor yeah, that's exactly it, right. And the cool thing is is you can actually call Scott with that information and you guys can work through that information that you're receiving and kind of explain what that may mean for you and things like that. It's a good way to start your relationship with the Edgewater. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Some people, you know, one of the labels is a protector. Maybe you're a person who's, you know, primary goal in life when it comes to money is protecting your family. You know, you're a little risk averse because you're like, this mistake could cost my kid college or something to that effect. And while sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes it's also a bad thing. It makes you miss opportunities. Some people are what we call a wealth commander, and that's a person who wants to take their finances and beat them into the ground and wrestle them into submission.
Speaker 2: And sometimes that doesn't work so well. Yeah, for sure, and I know that coming in today. By the way, it's Edgwater Family Wealth dot com. You can go to the poll down bar and make a reservation or not a reservation, but make a consultation. For these guys. You can just call up and they've got a couple of books there we'll tell you about in a little bit as well. First things first, though, congrats, thank you grandpa. Yeah yeah, yeah, Bratcher whom you've heard on the show here a number of times. Yeah, when Scott's out doing his things, Bracher, his son comes in. They had a baby, they did yesterday morning. They had a little girl, Draper Lucilla, Draper Lucia. Yes, Drapa Lucia Brown was born yesterday. She weighed eight pounds and seven us. She was a healthy, chubby little girl. She's adorable too, by the way. Yeah, she's a beautiful little face. She's so cute.
Speaker 8: She luckily doesn't look like me, so that's positive. You heard that from way too many people, by the way, But yeah, she's a cute little girl. And everybody's happy and healthy. So how's vibes at the house?
Speaker 2: Vibes are ever? It's electric.
Speaker 8: My wife is speaking of vibrating, vibrating around the house, trying to figure out what things she's going to do next for that.
Speaker 2: How's mom? Everything good?
Speaker 8: Mom is great, She's I was telling deb out in the hallway that when I got there yesterday, my son looked like he'd been run over by a truck, and my daughter in law looked like she just came out of a Hollywood set.
Speaker 2: I'm like, didn't this kind of reverse? She did all the work and you look like crap. But no, everybody's doing great, very good, all right. So you know, and I think you and I've had a couple of conversations about this, and actually a little bit earlier in the show, we talked about the polymarket, call she the prediction markets, right, and of course we know that fan duel hard rock bets and things of those nature. You know, we know for a fact that's already having an adverse effect on specifically young males, for sure. Correct. The poly market thing was just disgusting because we were talking about how they allow you to bet on wildfires, how much acreage that'll ruin, how many houses get burned, and things of that nature. But you have not a different look. But you have a look on this as well, don't you. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean that some of the obvious concerns, you know, again, sports betting brings. We've seen a huge uptick in the number of scandals in professional sports and people shaving points and doing things in college sports that they shouldn't do. And nobody should be surprised by that. These are young men, you know, sometimes they come from impoverished backgrounds. So if somebody says, look, man, I'll throw you fifty grand. If you, you know, miss a layup every once in a while, I'm going to probably consider missing a couple of layups.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So aside from that, though, I think the biggest thing people aren't considering when it comes to these gambling things for these young men, and I just I think I just gave you a stat that less than sixteen percent of Americans read a book last year, but fifty six percent of Americans placed a bet.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 8: Now, I don't know about you, but that feels like a bad thing, that doesn't feel productive, does.
Speaker 2: Not feel good.
Speaker 8: And so one of the things, one of my big pushbacks on it is not necessarily the gambling itself, which is bad enough, right, It's bad enough that you're going to place a bet that more than likely you're going to you're gonna lose. There's a reason that these large companies, I'm not going to name any of them, but these gambling companies have an average market capitalization of sixteen seventeen billion dollars. You know, they're they're huge money making companies. So forget the fact even that you're not gonna win most of your bets, because that's statistically how it worked, and you don't hear about that on social media.
Speaker 2: All you hear about is people who put to you know, put a one dollar bet in one thirty grand.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean they only push the good side.
Speaker 8: These companies are making billions of dollars, not because they lose, right. You have to keep in mind that the house has the advantage in every circumstance.
Speaker 2: Which is fine.
Speaker 8: If you had to drive to Vegas to get that done and it was a once a year thing, fine, that's entertainment.
Speaker 2: I really don't care that much.
Speaker 8: The problem is we now have a whole group of young men, in particular ages seventeen to about thirty, that truly believe this is a mechanism for building wealth. They see it on social media. And it's not even so much that it's not gonna work. It's what happens after it doesn't work. And what happens after it doesn't work is they become bitter. They look at this thing and they say, well, I bought the meme stock, or I did you know the prediction markets are I bet on the wild far of the pitch count, or when we're gonna bomb people in Iran. I did all these things and I didn't make any money. And what they're not gonna say at the end, you know, from a seventeen to thirty, they wake up one day, they don't have any money, They're living in their mother's basement, and they're not gonna say I made a mistake, right, They are not going to say that. What they're going to say is the system is rigged. It's against me. I'm bitter, I'm angry, and there is nothing Scott Galloway would say, there's nothing more dangerous than a bitter single man with no opportunity. Absolutely, they are dangerous human beings and we are creating millions of them by doing this. So what they're gonna say is, well, I'm not gonna do my four oh one k I'm not gonna put money in an IRA, I'm not gonna say it. I'm not gonna use a bank because it's all rigged. And the reason it's all rigged is because they've been gambling for the last thirteen years and have not used any legitimate sources for building wealth and capita. So they apply their losses on hard rock bet or any of the other platforms to the stock market. To losing in the market, because I mean, you could make the argument that the stock market sure is no different than a hard rock bet app or a call she bet or something like that. I mean, some people would try to make that correlation. I know it's different, but I know that some people will try to make that. Well, it's a false equivalent. I mean, it's not this. These are real companies with real profits, with real employees, with real products and on and on and on and on that we can pay dividends and that have grown from this price to that. I'm not gonna go on all day, right, how ridiculous that comparison is. But but again it's it's it's not that I'm necessarily against gambling. You know, a friendly bet on the golf course is always fun. But the reality is we have we are convincing an entire group of young men that this is actually a way to accumulate wealth. They actually believe this because they see the Lamborghini, they see the Corvette, they see the twenty three year old with the you know, with this stacts with the world and money and all the things that are not real. Right, and it is the probability of you acquiring wealth like that is almost as your right, right, right, But again, I don't even have a problem so much with that. It's what happens when we have thirty million, twenty five year old bankrupt that are bankrupt.
Speaker 2: They have no probably possibilities.
Speaker 8: They're not finding a spouse, they're not procreating, they're just pissed off. And that is a very dangerous group of human beings we are building, and it's because we've allowed this to happen.
Speaker 2: It was about two years ago we had somebody call in. It was a teacher or female teacher. It was a call. Was it guys or was it a text? Do you guys remember this? She called in. We had asked the question like, you know, how many people do you believe or you know, under the age of twenty or nineteen or whatever with this bet app? And a girl, a lady, called in and she was she's a teacher to high school here in central Florida somewhere, and she said she posed that question to her class, and out of the thirty one people in her class, every single teenage boy with exception of one, raised their hand when she asked them if they had the hard rock bet app on their phones.
Speaker 8: And these are high school kids, high school kids. Yeah, so we're burying them before they even get out the door. We are burying them with false belief. We are burying them with no opportunity. We are for the for the ability for these companies to make I mean, I've been kind of taken to task for calling these companies out, but it's utterly terrible. It's just a boring behavior and it's it's not going to end well for some I don't know how many people are between the ages of say, fifteen and thirty young men, but it's a lot of them, and there are many of them are going to be very very very unhappy at some point, and we're all going to be very very unhappy that we let them become unhappy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what you do about that, Scott, I mean, I mean, I guess the only way to do that is to find legislators or politicians that feel the same way. Vote those people in the office so they pass some type of regulation that regulates people to how much they can bet, what they can bet, where they can bet. But again, in a free market, in a free society, that's hard to do because I mean, you know, we look in America here, we look at hey, you get the money, you can spend a night.
Speaker 8: I get it, man, and I'm not necessarily against it. I'm just telling you what the repercussions are going to be. Yeah, I should say it's a free country and you can do these things and it's totally fine. And I really can't argue with that. I mean, I get it. We're a free will people, and I'm in favor of that. But I am telling you that if we don't find a way to nudge these young men in a different direction, which is kind of government's role is not to be over air, but to nudge a proper direction. But to your point on the politicians, I mean, there's so much lobbying money being thrown at these politicians. I don't I don't see an end to it. I can't even imagine how much the tribe spins. Oh my god, I can't even imagine how much the tribe spins.
Speaker 5: Well, ah, I once read this quote, very wise individual who once said gambling is a slow moving cultural suicide.
Speaker 2: That was a brilliant man that.
Speaker 5: Fifteen minutes ago or was it text I got within the hour for mister Scott Bright so Scott that he nailed it. If you I mean, if you're you know again, I mean, I know that you're not trying to parent for people out there, but if you have you know, we have a lot of people that listen to have kids in this wheelhouse and that you know, maybe in that seventeen to twenty five year old age. You know, Luckily I don't have anybody. I have three daughters and a son. My son doesn't really gamble on that.
Speaker 2: He does. He does, like going to the market. He's been buying selling stocks a little bit, just kind of toying around with that, but he doesn't really sports gamble because he has friends that do, and he sees exactly what happens to them. But I mean, how would you explain to somebody that, hey, man, you probably need to sit your kid down and have a real man to man and say, hey, look, you know this is this is not a good path.
Speaker 8: I mean, if it were me, I mean, my son's thirty two and he doesn't do any of it, but he, like, like you said, he has friends that do. If it was my policy in my house, it'd be no, not till you leave my house. You are not to gamble on any You're not to have an app if I'm paying your phone bill, you do not get an app. They don't get to do any of that. And the more, you know, we know men's prefrontal cortexes don't develop till twenty five. Right, they're just making bad I made bad decisions. I just didn't have the ability to do what they have the ability to do. Had I had the ability to sports gamble on my phone at twenty two, I for sure would have done it.
Speaker 2: Well. The other thing, too, Scott, is like, you know, on top of that, you know, you're not regulating how deep the hole can get, you know, I mean you're not you know, the whole double down thing. Oh, I lost a thousand dollars today gambling on this, so I gotta find some money. And I got to double down on this, you know, and again, next thing you know, you're six k in the hole. You've sold everything you own, you're stealing from your parents.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 8: And it's and it's the highest suicide rate of any addiction. Gambling is the highest suicide rate of any is it really?
Speaker 13: I did?
Speaker 2: I did not know that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean the abject feel that you've just destroyed your life. There's no way to get it back. Yeah, you've watched I mean a lot of investigation discovery as I had. Gambling debts are. I mean, it leads to people making all kinds of horrendous choices because they're so deep financially in the hole.
Speaker 2: That story I just told you the other day about that woman who who who thought she was? She found a letter and thought that her boyfriend had won a big.
Speaker 3: Like five million dollar inheritance.
Speaker 2: Like an inheritance, that's exactly what it was, right, But it was like thirty million dollars, right, So she thought that was you know, she thought it was for him. She kills him thinking that, thinking that he's going to get this money and she's going to get the money. She's married to him. Right. Turns out the letter was a fake letter trying to scale him out of money. Lovely.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean again, that's you know, the greed is a problem, and gambling appeals to the greed in young men in particular. And like I said, I'm not judging. I would have done it had I had access, I would have done.
Speaker 2: Think about Shoeyotani, right, show Heyo Tani manager stole how much from him to gamble with? How about that? Kid from the Jacksonville Jaguars, remember that, Yeah, who stole all that money from shaw Khan? It's like seven or eight million dollars and he was gambling at all. Matter of fact. What are the conversations we had was is how aren't they responsible? Because here's the thing, like I've said before, like even in Vegas, if you're coming in there you're spending like ten k every twenty minutes, they'll be like, hey, man, yeah, yeah, show you down a little bit. I mean, are you exactly? But but these guys did not do this to the guy. They just let this cat keep spending money over and over and over again. And I was like, I don't know, man, it seems like that dude should be they should be responsible. And people are like, hey, it's a free society. I know, I know. It's a tough conversation. All right, always just say abody there for a second, because we want to do a little bit more and find out and let people know where they can get your books. Okay, all right for seven nine four one deb you heard it here first.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna talk about the DJ investigating a Central Florida congressman, a local police chief, announces their retirement and what happened to one Kansas City man who was chasing a mountain dew bottle. You're not gonna want to do it, but we're going to talk about that next during you heard it here, fa let.
Speaker 2: Brick will come back and get debts news and get the hell out of here on a Tuesday. Hey, look here, y'all.
Speaker 17: Remember that show called The Man Show back in the nineties. They talked about got code things that we should all know as a man. Yeah, let me remind y'all. If you're a man and you're driving a convertible and it ain't labborgaining or ferrari.
Speaker 3: Let your woman drive.
Speaker 17: You ain't tough driving a selica.
Speaker 2: On whatever the hell it is. I like, how mad you are, buddy.
Speaker 7: Let your woman drive got code.
Speaker 2: That woman drives me everywhere.
Speaker 24: Look, random question, whatever happened to play an ackisack?
Speaker 3: It's coming back.
Speaker 2: People saw themselves doing it, all right, Welcome back with the Jim Kolper Show. We're already one of four point one on Jim. There's Devin Hello, Jack is ear takes coordination. Scott Brown is as well. It does take coordination. I've never done it either. I'm not a hackey kind of guy hacking nor sack. You do have two books though, that people can hack. They can go to your website and hack it and then get these books for free.
Speaker 8: Yep, you can go to Edgewaterfamilywealth dot com and download I Got a Guy, which is a guide to hiring a financial advisor if you're considering doing it, whether it's us or somebody else. It gives you a bunch of questions you can ask. And I Never Made Anybody Rich, which is my book about investment.
Speaker 2: Again, we want to go take the wealth DNA test. You can do that at Edgeworgerfamilywealth dot com. They'll send you the information and you can book a consultation with these guys and maybe start on another path for your financial freedom. Yeah, it's a good idea.
Speaker 8: Sometimes there are five minutes, sometimes they're an hour and a.
Speaker 2: Half's whatever you need, that's right, Edgeworgarfamilywealth dot Com. Dad, let's do you heard it here first?
Speaker 1: You heard it here first on the Jim Colbert Show.
Speaker 4: You Heard it Here First is brought to you by Stellar Knights at the Orlando Science Center Now through August First, you can see the lineup. They've added more shows, and grab your tickets at osc dot org.
Speaker 3: Just be aware.
Speaker 4: Seats our first come, first serve, and please arrive early. Shows filling up quicker than they expect.
Speaker 2: They were kind enough to offer some passes, which I still have, and it'll be good for any ticket. My wife says, hey, do you have two of those tickets? I want to take my friend to go see one of the laser shows. I'm like, you better get there at nine in the morning.
Speaker 5: They recommend an hour before, an hour before they give out the passes for the laser show itself, so if you're here an hour before, you can be in line for that done.
Speaker 4: The US Department of Justice is investigating Central Florida Congressman Corey Mills. That's according to multiple sources familiar with the matters cited by ABC News. The investigation is reportedly focused at least in part, on his finances. Now, neither the Justice Department nor the FBI has publicly commented on the reported investigation. No criminal charges have been announced. Mills, however, is already the subject of an ongoing House Ethics Committee investigation, so he's having a good day. He is after nearly thirty five years of distinguished service and law enforcement, including the past seven years leading the Mount Dora Police Department. Police Chief Michael Gibson has announced his retirement, effective August first. Chief Gibson joined the Mount Dora Police Department in twenty nineteen, and prior to that, spent nearly three decades with the Orange County Sheriff's Office, and before beginning his law enforcement career, I think this is kind of cool, served nearly six years as a security police officer at the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 4: Later earned both as bachelor's and Masters in Criminal Justice from the University of Central Florida.
Speaker 5: A ball, exactly why is he quin? And he doesn't want to chase out monkey around.
Speaker 4: Down now that he's heard that there is even more monkeys in Mondora. And then finally, a man in Kansas City got in stuck inside the bowl of a porta potty for nearly eight hours, oh all, in an attempt to retrieve a mountain dew bottle. Joe Shelton with Patriot Portable Restroom says Cruise were picking up units after a World Cup watch party. Oh when they found one, we restroom locked and a man who couldn't get out.
Speaker 2: When they opened the door. The toilet seat was down, toilet was empty. The both of them were thrown back.
Speaker 14: Then all of a sudden, you know, just like Oscar the grouge popping out of the trash can, this guy's head pops out and says, I'm right here.
Speaker 4: The man reportedly told responders he had climbed in to recover a mountain dew bodle he dropped the night before. Kansas City firefighters eventually got opened the porta potty to freedom, then gave him an impromptu shower with a fire hose before sending him on his way.
Speaker 2: He should have left that guy in there another eight hours.
Speaker 3: And you heard it here first on the Jim Colbert Show.
Speaker 2: Always in the mountain dou bottle.
Speaker 3: That's what I keep wondering, dude, it can't just be the dew. It can't just be the dew.
Speaker 2: It better be the genius of all Jeanie that ever better come out of there with wishes from every pocket.
Speaker 4: Well, he came out smelling like the diaper, Genie, That's what he came out smelling.
Speaker 2: Good. Do we have to think today?
Speaker 4: We want to thank Scott Brown that our family well just in case, got just in case you miss Scott talking about coffee, his grandchild, prediction markets, their wealth DNA test.
Speaker 3: His podcast has already been posted at the Jim Culbert.
Speaker 4: Show and then Last but never Lease Sam Bow and Candice Rich and Alisha Badass Bullwear for running our YouTube chat.
Speaker 2: He smells at grandfather a little bit, yeah, like cedar and coffee, like an old segausty smell.
Speaker 18: What that was you?
Speaker 2: I don't want that? Like you have to that smell? You smell and you lift up a tart for the first time in a while. Jack. Question of the day, jeez. In our YouTube chat, have you or do you take a goop? One U? Thirteen percent say yes, twenty one percent Get in there. All right, skinnyes, there you go. It's got always good to see you, buddy. Likewise, Edwardfamilywealth dot Com, all the good stuff is there, the wealth DNA test, the free books, it's all there, and of course the opportunity to get a consultation and talk to one of their great professionals about your financial future. Again, that's Edgewordfamilywealth dot Com. Let's go, let's go all right on me I have deb Jack and Scott. I'm Jim. We follow the new Shunkie. They follow the monsters in the morning after us as Tom Dam with a Corporate Time and our friends from Real Laughs. We'll see tomorrow at three for more than Jim Corbert Show. Until then, have yourself a fantastic Tuesday evening.
Speaker 3: See you tomorrow Back.
Speaker 2: M Freaking Boy.
Speaker 1: If you missed any part of it, Joe, check out The Jim Colbert Show on demand, and for highlighting feature segments, listen to The Jim Colbert Show The Goods. Both are available for free on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: A Corporate Time with Tom and Dan is coming up next on Real Radio. One oh four point.
Speaker 4: One from the Klosmanlaw Traffic Center car crash called Klosmanlaw Klosmanlaw dot Com.
Speaker 2: Two right leans of block now on I four eastbound near that Longwood Lakebury Rest area. Colonial