Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio Wi Friends.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary.
Speaker 4: All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is petros In Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas, terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 2: We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the petros In Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadakas and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not so sure about the universe.
Speaker 2: Uh me Metrosen Money Sports. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app for four hour show. Today. Bob Nightingale was scheduled to join us in the last hour. However, some breaking news.
Speaker 3: Well, we had fifty years to celebrate with brother Jim Hill.
Speaker 2: There was that as well.
Speaker 3: Called us.
Speaker 2: He's in his fifties celebrating fifty years on CBS, and we wanted to celebrate him, and he wanted to celebrate us.
Speaker 3: He did have that time at ABC as well, So there's that.
Speaker 2: A big thank you to brother Jim Jim Hill. Bob Nightingale will join us in the very next segment to talk about the bloodbath as it was headlined in the USA Today where he works, that is looming for twenty twenty seven, and really more importantly about the circumstances surrounding the stepping down of thefor the mlbpa's president, Tony Clark.
Speaker 3: Why did he step down?
Speaker 2: Matt financial some financial chicanery surrounding.
Speaker 3: No, that's not why, Matt. Well, you know, don't you tell the real story, Matt.
Speaker 2: You know, sometimes your brother marries a hot lady and the hot lady likes the the younger or the older brother and not the husband, and weird things happen because you're around each other a lot.
Speaker 3: That's a good thing, right, No, it's.
Speaker 2: Not a good thing. And next thing you know, you're banging your sister a law in the AMLBPA offices, like because you gave her.
Speaker 3: We have we have some sound from Clark walking in on on a Tuesday.
Speaker 5: Don't hump people at the jam, don't don't hunt people at the jam. Don't hump people at church. Don't hunt people in your neighborhood. Hey, don't hunt your friends spouses. Okay, guys, we always use hump Day as a midweek reminder to keep it clean.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's not Wednesday, but I think that a day early on a two ed of mono Tuesday appropriate with Tony Clark hooking up with.
Speaker 6: His right what day is it? It is freaking hump Day. Hump Day is the day that we think about what we're doing in our life, think about choices we're making. And I'm not talking about big like life altern choices. I'm talking about the little, tiny choices, the daily choices that turn into big life alterned choices. So when we talk about hump Day, we talk about that you should only be humping your person. Okay, you should only be humping the person that you are in a life commit relationship with.
Speaker 5: Don't hump people at the gym.
Speaker 2: Don't It is funny that she, uh, you know, now that we know a little bit more in the last few years about soaking and jump humpers, that she does choose to use the verb hump as youth is a for efen Well on hump Day. So you think it's just a product of it being Wednesday. And she said hump day as opposed to there being.
Speaker 3: Jump humpers or do you think hump is like is like the Mormon Utah's word for intercourse.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm thinking. It's the euphem misery.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what, Let's listen to the first one all the way through.
Speaker 5: Don't hump people at the gym, don't hump people at church, don't have people in your neighborhood. Okay, don't hump your friend's spouses.
Speaker 3: Okay, you guys.
Speaker 5: We always use hump Day as a midweek reminder to keep it clean, okay, for lots of reasons. Number one, you got to look at that person in the mirror every day and go, you know what, you're a good person. Way to go girl, Way to keep it clean. Also because we don't want anything crawling on us down there. That's very scary. And then have a little bit of fear of Hell. Okay, maybe God, maybe he might be mad at yet keep it clean today people. And then I don't because I also really like Mike. I mean, he's my dude, he's my guy. He's the one that I chose to be with forever. So I'm just not going to do that to him, because I think he's pretty awesome, even though he's sometimes.
Speaker 3: I like Mike Puzzo. So that's what happened. Look, even though you're in charge of the Baseball Players Union, even though you have a lot of responsibility, that doesn't your sister and lost haunches around the office can't get you excited, And next thing you know, you're in.
Speaker 2: At the office here at the MLBPA.
Speaker 3: I just slipped and fell and found myself in them haunches entranched in the haunch. All right, Matt, it happens terrible rainstorm here in La that you're missing. It's nice today, but it's supposed to rain like a hell again tonight. His words, The word of the day. Today's word of the day is wamo, Matt. The floods are really having their way with the wamos. The recent floods in Los Angeles made a pair of waymos wear it on melrose Onlookers captured videos self driving cars stuck horribly in flood waters yesterday as heavy rains dell used the city. Wasn't clear if there were passengers stuck inside the vehicles or if they eventually made their way out and waited their way to the sidewalk. One of the cars was seen with his caution lights on as it sat near the Internet section of Melrose and will Cox.
Speaker 2: It's just not moving. This is they don't know what to do.
Speaker 3: This, yeah, I mean yeah, you know, like they tell people like, if you think it's kind of deep, don't drive up in there. And I mean, if you're a person and you can't make that decision, how the waymos supposed to make the decision? Or the Filipino guy on the joystick all the way back in Manila, which you uncovered. That's an unbelievable uncovering that you pulled out last week. And that's that's truly. That was really the kind of the straw that stirred it for me was to think, like, okay, because I told the guys that on two pros and a cup of Joe, because they had a weimo experience in San Francisco when they were in the Super Bowl together. Oh really yeah, all three of those idiots, Jonas, LeVar and Brady and I said in the air yesterday, I mean LaVar and Brady are I mean, LaVar is huge, Brady's big. Brady's a really big guy, and Jonas isn't small. He just you know, dressed like Dracula. And I guess Jonas got really lippy with the Waimo and tried to start a fight with its AI voice.
Speaker 2: Well that's probably not good.
Speaker 3: Well that's what happened. But anyway, they got through that. But I was able to tell them because of your story. I said, well, guess what Matt Smith revealed this yesterday. There's a guy in the Philippines and a joystick that didn't appreciate very much what drack Jonas Knox was saying to him behind the behind the passenger seat or wherever he was in that Weimo. But the rain has caused a lot of waymos. There's more weaymos stuck in the Wilshire Boulevard yesterday. And Weimo previously touted its weather capabilities, telling somebody last month that they closely monitor the conditions of weather and cities where it operates, and they adjust their operations accordingly. Well, welcome to La when it rains a whole bunch Weimo you are, sl.
Speaker 2: So Kfi posted on their social media last night. Guys Lebray and Olympic for weamos blocking lanes yesterday during the day because of flooding.
Speaker 3: Feels like the weymos can't handle the rain. We are idiot. LA drivers handle the rain a lot better than those weaymos. Huh yeah, what a shock.
Speaker 2: And our public and the public perception of our ability to navigate in the rain is not good. But guess what. The robots really suck all right.
Speaker 3: And one of those food delivery things sunk too in West Hollywood trying to deliver food to somebody. So the rain is really kicking people's ass out there. And just remember that a person behind the wheel is probably better than a waimo. In the city of Los Angeles, I think we're coming to that conclusion as the weeks right. Well, yeah, because what happens when there's unrest downtown in that one block where everybody gets mad they go burn the weaymos. What happens when it rains, the waymos drown? What happens in Santa Monica, the waymos beep all night and drive people crazier than they already are out there.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's in that negative, That's.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying, Matt. When is there been out now somebody did point out the other day that you know, we're not women, and of course we all have women in our families, are very close to us. But creepy driver is a thing, and sometimes ladies would rather just be in a car yeah and sink and die in Awaymo than be in a car with a creepy Armenian game. Fair point, I mean, doesn't have to be Armenia. But you you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I do know exactly what you're a know it very well.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So so still though, Matt, it could be in that negative, especially in the La Rain. It's certainly a bad situation with these Weymoult cars. I don't know what's next with the Weaymos, but the latest is that they're drowning in the.
Speaker 2: Streets, troading in the streets. Number of the day, number of the day is, let's see eighteen fifteen, five hundred thousand, one hundred thousand. Those are the wind totals and the fines from the Utah Jazz and the Indiana Pacers.
Speaker 3: Are we talking about We're talking about some basketball aggression.
Speaker 2: Matt talking about. No, no basketball aggressions. We're talking about basketball tanking is what we are talking about.
Speaker 3: When when my team won't win a game. You know what I always say at the end of the year, tanks for nothing.
Speaker 2: And that is something that the Jazz and Pacers have done to an extent that Adamson found it necessary to find them a considerable sum of money for what he believed was the practice of not playing healthy players and an effort to lose more games and increase the chances that they will be in position to draft Cam Boozer or Debansta or one of these standout players. And what is expected to be a hell of a draft, like a three player draft, the kid from Kansas, the Bansta from Deep Byu, and cam Boozer from Duke. And that is why they expect it to get worse. And so consider this the first salvo fired by Silver in an effort to let the teams know a financial penalties and maybe even be draft pick penalties if you are not competitive. Well. Mark Cuban never want to hold his tongue. He is still an owner of the Mavericks. He's not the majority owner, but like Genie Buss, he still has a percentage. After selling to the Vegas Folk. Folks decided to take to his Twitter page to push back against the NBA, pointing out that tanking is a necessity, that as someone who decided to tank back in the prior to the draft in which they netted Luka Doncic, it was done with the intent of trying to get a high enough pick to make a run at Trey Young or Luca or one of these top these topics in that draft, and that's the only way you'll dig out of not being a competitive basketball team. The problem with the position that he takes, and it's, you know, one of those I'm gonna I'm gonna write on a one thousand word tweet and you're all going to consume it, is that he essentially makes the point that Adam Silver is making and why tanking is such a problem because you are artificially trying to You are deliberately and artificially lowering the status of your team to suggest that you are earning one of those three or four top picks because your team is so bad. The idea of the lottery is you draft a great player and now you're back in the mix. And parody is great for the sport, but it's artificial, it is intentional. You're not the third worst team in the league because you're the third worst team. You're the third worst team because you decided to sit a bunch of guys when you would have been the seventh or eighth worst team had you just played everybody. So moving forward, because people come to me for these sort of answers.
Speaker 3: I certainly do. I want to know what they're really thinking about when they're tanking.
Speaker 2: Can we can we tank it for nothing? Can we can we just flatten? As they like to say the lottery odds. See, you don't get a fourteen percent chance of the number one pick if you have the first, second, or third worst record, and it drops to eight percent, and then four percent and then one percent. How about all the teams that don't make the playoffs, and I mean even the play in teams. The eighteen worst teams have the exact same opportunity at the number one pick as any other team. I assume that would be a very quick fix to tanking. If you, you and the other eighteen teams have a one in eighteen chance of landing the number one pick, the problem solved all as well. Draw the entire eighteen picks, first one through eighteen. Pull them all for all eighteen teams and then we will have a much more competitive NBA. Did that make any sense or did I feel like this sounded a lot better when I was kind of hammering out the details of this then it did.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, Matt, You know you can ask Phil Collins or any of those guys that have been on a world tour. It is not easy, you know what tour on the world tour.
Speaker 2: But I think you have the time to think about these things. You know, you're a loon in the subway, you're alone in the car. You got a four hours you know.
Speaker 3: I don't know how the NBA is going to figure out they're tanking for for tanking for Nootson tanks for nothing stuff.
Speaker 6: And in other news, all right, you guys, what is it is freaking hump Day?
Speaker 3: Now this text, Matt says, And this is a great question. So in Utah, does hump day just mean sex day and have nothing to do with it being in the middle of the week. Can a lifelong committed couple have multiple hump days?
Speaker 6: All right, you guys, what day is it? It is freaking hunt day?
Speaker 2: Yeah, go hump your special person. Just only hump only your special person.
Speaker 3: Because if you hump someone else you're going to hell or you're getting a disease.
Speaker 2: Yeah, someone's going to crawl around down there.
Speaker 3: No, Matt, I understood that completely. Tanking is a bad look. But everybody does it when they're in that position.
Speaker 2: So let's remove them from being able to do it or being motivated to do it. Problem solved.
Speaker 3: How do we block.
Speaker 2: Block what.
Speaker 3: They're sees from tanking? There's a tanking diaphragm.
Speaker 2: Believe it's with a sponge.
Speaker 3: You know, you don't hear about the sponge or the diaphragm, and.
Speaker 2: You don't you just do you know what? And I would say, I'd love to pretend like I'm that old or or the girls that we were we were having relations with were committed to that approach. I did not have to deal with a sponge nor a diaphragm in my day. It was simply.
Speaker 3: That plastic might have just been way up there.
Speaker 6: Right, That's what day is it? It is freaking hump day. Hump Day is the day sponge about what we're doing in our life. Think about choices we're making. And I'm not talking about big, like life altering choices. I'm talking about the little, tiny, choices, the daily choices that turn into big life alterned choices. So when we talk about home day, we talk about that you should only be humping your person. Okay, you should only be humping the person that you were in a life commit relationship with, not people that you meet online, not neighbors, not other people's husbands or spouses or wives. You guys, those kind of things just bring a lot to people.
Speaker 3: This Yeah, Ronnie, song of the day.
Speaker 7: Shah Marty Grass Day in New Orleans.
Speaker 8: This is our song of the day from legendary Louisian and Louisiana jazz pianist Professor Longhorn, because today's Fat Tuesday, a day of culminating celebration and revelry before the start of the Linton season that begins tomorrow, and the Petros and Money Show certainly has that festive Marty Grass spirit figurative lead passing, passing down all of Avenue while tossing in expensive trinkets to the faithful. In four hours of great sports talk is we look forward to Dodger spring training, the first full squad workout at Camelback Ranch and Glendale, Arizona, and our good friend Dave David Bassey will give us all the details at seven o'clock.
Speaker 3: Happy Fat Tuesday. You wanna go, Hey, you running Happy Fat Tuesday to everybody.
Speaker 2: Damn right, you ought to go see the mone.
Speaker 3: Except for Labooth is in jail right now.
Speaker 2: Stare out.
Speaker 3: I don't think Professor Longhair is playing for Laboo for the jail. Brother. You're sure you're done, You're good, done done.
Speaker 2: I'm good, I'm good. You can let me go. I'm sorry. I over you want, I'll.
Speaker 3: Be right back with Bob knighting. Yeah, tick it in your hand.
Speaker 2: You wanna go to all leave.
Speaker 1: Petro's papadacres. That money, snare, this is Petrol. Send money on demand.
Speaker 2: Petro some money in five seventy eight Sports Live every where on the iHeartRadio app. Now today we have got another giveaway. We are your play by play show of record, first time ever in La Legends of FC Barcelona and Real Madrid or Real Madrid take the pitch at Bemo Stadium. It is the Barsa Legends taking on the Real Madrid Legends. It is happening this Sunday afternoon. We will carry the game on our sister station KFI AM six forty and tickets are still available and they start at just thirty five bucks in that intimate venue. Get your tickets now at we are House of Heroes dot com again, that's we, our House of Heroes dot Com and we'll have a pair to give away between now and the end of the show.
Speaker 3: Bob, are we ready? We are ready, and we're grateful for this man coming on today and joining us. A lot to process with the lakersitch, I mean, excuse me, the baseball situation and the MLB and the Yes, lots of process with the with the players union, but joining us right now. A great man, always thoughtful USA today. Hell I remember when he worked for the La Times. A baseball voice that is unparalleled, and he's got spring training going on now, A lot of news to break, a lot to cover. It is Bob Nightingale in Arizona on your Southern California Toyota Dealer Celebrity Hotline on the Petros and Money Show. What's cracking, Bob? How are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Doing great? And we are We're concerned, Bob. You know when there's no I know you're concerned because if there's no baseball, what are you gonna write about? A bunch of finance. That's annoying. But you know, when there's no baseball, Matt and I got to do four hours a day under the hot sun with our whole and our plow. I mean, that's a lot of radio to do if there's no baseball season. We're concerned how bad is this situation likely to be? And there's so much money to be made, it's hard to imagine that these guys will just sit out and not make it.
Speaker 9: No, I mean, it could be like we had the last time. It was a nine nine day lockout, and uh spring springs spring trainings started late, but do not miss any games, so I can see the same thing. Just you may reduce spring training to a couple of weeks and uh, you know, and start a little bit late. But it's hard to see that it's gonna last. It'll lasts more than a few months. Uh, you know, I do think we'll get to the point. I think everyy's you know, pretty much predicting, like, Okay, we're definitely having a lockout, but how long will it last? And with the money being made on both sides, that's why I know one's really predicting, Like I can't see them wiping out half a season or a full season.
Speaker 2: I get.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: The one thing we keep hearing is the term non starter. A salary cap is a non starter for the players. A without a salary cap as a non starter for the owners, Like is are they really non starters? Is there no middle ground? Is this is one side going to have to acquiesce to the other.
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, let's see who blinks first. And I'm sure the you know, I'm sure the owners are you know, MLB is going to say at least listen to us. And they're big thing is say, if there's a salary cap, you know, the players who make more money, Uh so of the franchises have not gone up and by you like the yetter sports. And I think that's where the owners say, way, now, why are we the only sport without one? And then the players are argue, of course that hey, everyone's making tons of money. Now why a buck the system? I mean, when you have a you know, if you have a salary cap, you know you're not gonna be giving you know, you can't give it Kyle Tucker sixty million dollars a year or a you know, one soda seven sixty five or a tanis seven hundred, so you know, maybe they might mess around with the fer money, say why now some of thefer money it's after them, but still got to count towards your leisure techs.
Speaker 3: Bob Nightingale is our guest. He is a great baseball rider and a powerful base ball voice. I mean, for fifteen years, Bob, I'm sure every single column you ever wrote or newspiece or article regarding the players union and stuff mentioned Tony Clark. I mean, this guy's been a big voice for a long time. I know that there's been some extracurriculars in the story, but ultimately, what is not having Tony Clark around mean or not mean for the future? Does it really affect things either way?
Speaker 9: The the effects is that the owners and you know MMB office like Tony Clark, their respect to him. They thought, you know, you could reason with him. Where his leading negotiator, you know, Bruce Meyer. They've had a really tough relationship with him, and it's been them in the crossroads for a long time. So now he'd have you know, he may not have full authority. You know, we'll see, you know, who gets the job. You know, they may leave Bruce Meyer just as leading negotiator and hire promote someone from within the office as to be the union chief least an interim basis. But in my mind is you're still going to have the principal player is involved, just without Tony Clark, who you know, they enjoyed dealing with. They just thought it was easier and they could deal with Tony, you know, than it was with or is with Bruce.
Speaker 2: Meyer, Bob Nightingale with us. You can follow him on Twitter at b Nightingale. He does it for the USA Today. That is where the article posted way early this morning about the stepping down of Tony Clark or the resignation of Tony Clark and what that might mean for baseball in twenty twenty seven. Twenty twenty six is upon us. Does it feel severely tilted nationally for twenty twenty six? Bob? It's not like the Dodgers had a walk in the park and the World Series. I mean, you can make a case that they probably should have lost that World Series as opposed to the miraculous way they won it. Does it feel like twenty twenty six is even more in their favor or do you feel comfortable making a case for a handful of these teams.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean exactly right. I mean they could have easily lost two years ago to the Podres when they're down, you know, two games and one I had to do a bullpen game. Freddie Freeman was in the lineup, you know, came back when the next two uh, you know, they were fortunate to get past the Philadelphia Phillies. Remember when the throwing air but a young pitcher and uh they could have been having a game five uh in Philadelphia or anything could have happened. Uh So yeah, I mean anything can happen the postseason. But you know, as you sit here, you say, okay, what what team for sure is gonna win the division? You know, you got to say that the Dodgers, I mean they're the one locked to win the division, not lockdown, you know, win the World Series. But you know it's a deep roster, it's older roster. Uh made a lot of sense to them to Sagan Tucker. You know, maybe not to sixty million dollars a year, but in a sense where you know, get a young para, you know, legs in the outfield, good solid hitter and his personality, you know, just laid back, you kind and it fits in you can let everybody else you talk to me and things like.
Speaker 2: That, Baba Tursa, just kind of the way the Dodgers are built. We know the players have their talking points from the union. They don't want a salary cap, so they're gonna you know what Bryce Harp or what Manny Machado said, this is great. We think the Dodgers are great. We love that they're spending money. You mentioned you think that the players could make more money perhaps if there was a salary cap. Do you think the players, if not given the talking points from the union, are okay with what the Dodgers are doing. Do you think they're not okay with what the not the owners, but I mean straight players. Do you think they like the way the Dodgers are operating?
Speaker 9: I do? You know, It's like we talk to players, ask many much how that's their day and in Mike's troud and of course you know Bryce Harper talked about it. But just the fact that they want their own their owners to do the same thing. I mean, obviously a too much of Milwaukee Brewers can't spill like the Dodgers. They don't have those kind of resources, And you know, the Dodgers have the big TV advantage, you know, get about three hundred thirty million dollars a year where teams are making about twenty five million dollars a year local TV. But so yeah, I think the players anything else is more jealous. You're like, oh, man, I wish I played for a team like that that would spend that kind of money and you know, spend one hundred and fifty million dollars on lungture taxes and not blank because they're making that kind of money. So you know where the owners are saying, wave, man, Now our fans feel like we don't have a chance. You know, we haven't had a you can't see worlds back in twenty fifteen was the last you know, bottom half a team in payroll that won the World Series. But then you say, you know what, why why the Milwaukee Brewers in the playoffs every year? You know why was Tampa Bay? That's a juggernut in the Al East. So if you have a shirt front office, you can still you know, do things like that. You know, the Dodgers only have their money. They do have, you know, a brilliant front office and do things right.
Speaker 3: Bob Nightingale. Ladies and gentlemen, he's out there riding the rains. You can check his column in the USA today. He's in Arizona writing all about spring training and a day that started with wow, I wonder what financial reason this Tony Clark guy stepped down for uh, and then ended with looks like the sister in law. So not easy to be Bob Nightingale on a day like today, trying to follow the news. Not easy at all. Yeah, I mean I saw a picture of the wife. I'm still trying to find the sister in law, the great. We're reporters here, Bob.
Speaker 9: I used to confuse it to you. I really did, because they uh, you know, you know, their sisters and so yeah, there were a lot of events together and stuff like that. So yeah, I remember they used to, you know, make fun of me, like, oh, you keep getting this confused.
Speaker 3: You know. Not the only one, Bob, Not the only one, the Great Bob Nightingale. We all wish, just like a lot of people wish they could play for the Dodgers. We all wish we were tall and strong and beloved coast to coast like Bob Nightingale with his beautiful quill writing his pros. Thank you Bob, and have a wonderful, wonderful week. Thanks for doing it on short notice. We know is a wild day.
Speaker 9: Uh sure, my pleasure. Thank you guys.
Speaker 3: Takes care there he goes, Bob, Are we ready? How about the nugget at the end, Matt, Yeah, I used.
Speaker 2: To get him confused. They're sisters. They look just the same, looks like.
Speaker 3: Old white Beard. Got him confused too. Is that Tony Clark's excuse? Like you know, but I was confused.
Speaker 2: She looks just like you, sweetheart, And when I'm away from you, I can't get enough of you.
Speaker 3: Her hair is on the other side, Tony, I.
Speaker 2: Gotta get a little bit of her.
Speaker 3: Well. Thank you for listening. Happy Fat Tuesday. A big thanks to Bob Nightingale and brother Jim. It's a three guest day. We woke up this morning with crickets we didn't know about the sister in law. David Vesse joined us neck. This is Petros Money on demand.
Speaker 2: Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app, Making our Way till seven pm, full four hour show today. Reminder this Saturday, it starts. Yes, spring training baseball has returned. As you're home of the two time or the back to back World Series champion. More appropriate, it was back to back. The Los Angeles Dodgers first spring training game will be heard right here on AM five to seventy this Saturday against the Angels. First pitch at twelve ten pm.
Speaker 4: Fly from Spring Training, the Home of the Dodge off today with an inside look at the Dodgers. This is the Vassi Report with David Vasse, the one.
Speaker 3: And only David Verse. We have the MLBPA stuff that we dealt with with the top story of the day where we'll deal with. David. Vase is here with the latest on the Dodgers. Dave hitting the ground running at camel Back Ranch yesterday, Spectrum Sportsnet and Dodger Talk with Blake Trienten tonight. He's got Max Munci. So it is David Vasse from Spectrum Sportsnet, LA MLB networking right here on AMPI seventy LA Sports, the best reporter in the world. Dave, how's it going and what's going on today out there? Now?
Speaker 10: Everything is great, guys. Today was the first official full squad workout for the Dodgers, and that means Dave Roberts had the room with the entire Big League camp for their morning meeting, and from what I was told, they showed highlights of their World Series win over the Blue Jays and also had newcomers Kyle Tucker and Edwin Diaz step up in front of the crowd and say something to their new teammates. So a good tone was set by all accounts. So we're often running here at camel Back.
Speaker 2: Dave just kind of give us an idea because we asked you about it last week when Jeff Passing decided to write the article. Is there any just I'm not saying players or anything like that, but do you feel as though there is any I don't know, dark cloud, if that's the right word or not. Or is there any chatter about next year's CBA? Is that going to haunt us all spring training?
Speaker 10: Honestly, it's not even been talked about here at camel Back Ranch. I mean, everybody's focused on the celebration of the back to back champions. I mean there is four or five deep fans here at Camelback Ranch since last Friday. It just seems like it's talked about by people that are not within these walls, unless the players asked about it. And quite frankly, no player that I've been around has been really asked about it. I asked Blake Trenon about it when he was on Dodger Talk last night, and basically, they don't really care. It's just seems like everybody that's on the Dodgers is echoing what Manny Machado and Bryce Harper had to say yesterday, that they're happy to be on this side, and it's just trying to do the best you can to win every year, and they're just grateful that again, the Dodgers management doubled down on back to back championships to go out and sign the best available outfielder and the best available closer. So it's weird. And before I got here, it seemed like that was something that was talked about virtually every day in our stratosphere. But once you's here, it's not really a thing.
Speaker 2: Right on, Yeah, as it should be. Near the back to back World Series champions we've seen it like each of the last couple of years. Right two years ago, Yamamoto Otanian spring training excitement through the roof last year, they got Blake Snell, a lot of excitement around spring training. Give us an idea of you know, kind of what the arrival of Edwin and Kyle Tucker, what kind of energy that's fed into this.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Kyle Tucker. I was talking to Chris Woodward today and he was saying that when he managed for the Rangers in series against the Astros. He said there was one three game series that they played against the Astros, and Tucker had a stamp on every single win in a different way, whether it was thrown out a runner from right field, whether it was getting a big hit or hitting a home run. He's that type of player and he believes that he's going to fit in perfectly, and he has that even temper. I know there's been a lot talked about, you know, his desire to play the game of baseball or if he has that burning passion inside of him, and Chris Woodward told me that he just doesn't show it like other players do. And you can make whatever you want out of a guy that hasn't even keeled demeanor, but usually in baseball that's a good thing. Not to get too high or get too low. And he likened his demeanor to aready demens. After his strikeout, he's not going to throw his bad or throw his helmet, but he's gonna find a way to be better the next time.
Speaker 3: One and only David Vesse on your Southern California Toyota Dealer Celebrity Hotline talking from Camelback Ranch on the Petros and Money shown out today. I don't know how many of these you've been through? Was the Dave Roberts inspirational speech day to the team, which you know, if you're a guy like Max Munsey, who you've got on tonight, he's been there for a lot of these. How does Dave spice this up? Dave, is there anything? Do you sit in a locker hiding and to listen to this? How is this whole thing play out a year in and year out? Dave Roberts has been the manager of the Dodgers an awful long time now.
Speaker 10: Right, and he's had the same group of players for the last four years or so. So I think he's opened it up. Like I mentioned to other players to speak. Not only did Tucker and Diaz, but Mookie Bett said something and Miguel Roja said something on top of them, showing you know, a highlight package of the World Series. So I believe that's the way he works around having his message fall on deaf year. See, let's the players do the talking. So that's how he ran it today.
Speaker 2: Andrew Freeman lets the gomer do the talking from time to time, but he didn't meet with the media today. Day the president of Baseball OPS kind of if you can give us a summary or what you learned, if there's anything you pulled out of that conversation.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the biggest thing for me I have not had a chance to talk to Andrew about just his feelings about Yamamoto and Otani leaving camp to go play for Team Japan in the World Baseball Classic, And today I had the opportunity to ask him whether or not he's had a conversation with Yamamoto and Otani to keep the guardrails up even when they're playing Team Japan.
Speaker 11: Not really, because I know them and I know that once you know the first pitch and Samurai Japan against Taiwan, I just know the level of intensity that they will have, and so it's more just making sure the work up to this point that we're putting them in the best positions to go take on that kind of intense atmosphere. And then obviously the build up with Yoshinobu and where he's at pitch count wise. What we're able to get him to here will help inform a little bit of you know, what that workload looks like. But so it's more about just the work going in.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 11: It is impossible to tell those guys to dial it back into any way, and nor would I do that. We've talked to Samurai Japan, We've talked to Show. Hey, I think everyone understands.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and Andrew was cut off by some over Zeliz California Post columnist trying to take over the press conference, but nonetheless, Dave Roberts. Nonetheless, Dave Roberts kind of laid out the plan for those two guys before they leave. Otani and Yamamoto did face hitters today. Otani will not pitch in a Cactus League game before he leaves for Team Japan. Andrew Friedman said that once he returns, they're planning on having Otani pitch in the Freeway Series. Yam Mamoto, the plan for him is to pitch in a Cactus League game before he does leave for Team Japan's training camp.
Speaker 3: What about t Oscar Dave, you caught up with him as.
Speaker 10: Well, Yeah. I've been following tay Oscar all off season, and everybody saw the work that he put in this offseason. We've been talking about it now and today was the first day that he actually stood in front of his locker to answer the questions about the motivating factor to basically transform his body, and it's noticeable.
Speaker 3: He said.
Speaker 10: The motivating factor though, is because he wants to be a better outfielder and one of his goals is to win the Gold Glove in left field.
Speaker 2: I wanted to go home have in one of those gold glove, been working really hard for it, and let's see what happens this year.
Speaker 3: Be like Mookie Betts. All right, Dave, Well, other than that the push up contest, I don't know why you're expected to be a push up mavin at almost fifty years old amongst a bunch of professional athletes waste amount of push up, David. Here's Max Munty on Dodger social media. I guess you guys are gonna hash that out tonight.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we're gonna hash that out tonight and monthly. From across Field one. As I was standing between Field one and Field two, was calling me out in front of the fans for some push ups. I said, Hey, I'll get right here on this dirt, muddy road between field one and field two to get some push ups for this interview. But luckily he did not force me to do any pushups to get the interview tonight.
Speaker 2: Very much looking forward to it as valuable a contributor as any on these back to back World Series wins for the Dodgers. You'll hear that coming up at seven o'clock. Dave. We appreciate. Enjoy the rest of your time. Well, we'll talk to you every day, dammit. Enjoy Glenn Dale's on a team.
Speaker 3: You know, the Dodgers are like, yeah, Dave, Like he's like one of the guys and Walker Buelers down in San Diego and he's just thinking about making the team. Vessay is already on the rocks. Waste him on a push it, David Bam. All right, Dan a guy, thank you. See there he goes David vess And we'll be back with two more hours of great sports talk on AMPHI seventy LA Sports. We are your home of the Dodgers. Dodger Talking seven