Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can.
Speaker 1: They print money. The Dodgers just can't continue. It's not fair are making plans again.
Speaker 5: It's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the World Champion La Dodgers, Jam Cats.
Speaker 4: Hi, everybody, and welcome in Tubo Wrongo Casito Dodgers on deck. On this Monday, June the first, we flipped the calendar to a new month as your back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers thirty eight and twenty one on the season, first place atop the NL West, five and a half games up on the Padres in the NL West after a five and one homestead they included a sweep of the Rockies and taking two or three from the Phillies. The Dodgers now hit the road for a four game series in Phoenix against the Snakes. Emmitt Sheen on the mount of the series opener. First pitch from Chase Field is coming up at six point forty being now and then, though, we got a lot to get to here on Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck coming up, we'll check in with David vas Say he's gonna go one on one with Ryan Ward, who had a milestone moment yesterday in the win over Philadelphia. We'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts. Coming up about twenty minutes. We got your O Tani Rewind Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA we'll check in. We got the latest injuries news, we got the magical moment of the day, and in just a couple of minutes we'll head out to the galloping Ford Broadcast booth with Tim Neffert and Rick Monday Well. Yesterday at the Ravine, the Dodgers were going for the series win over Philadelphia and Yoshinobu Yamamoto got the ball he'd would pitch into the sixth Anny no runs, four hits, struck out ten. He got himself into a little bit of trouble, but was able to get out of it in the fifth after striking out Arber and Trade Turner to end the threat. As the Phillies had runners on second and third with one out, outside of that leadoff runners on in four of the five innings, but he was able to maneuver through those traffic on the base pass. Meanwhile, the Dodgers offense scored early and offen Alex Freeland RBI double in the second, Dodgers a one nothing lead. Bottom of the third, Kyle Tucker RBI single, Dodgers with a two to nothing lead. Bottom of the fourth, Ryan Ward Welcome to the big leagues, going oh Ward in the air, right.
Speaker 3: Field, Ryan Ward worth the wait, his first major league home run in his first game at Dodger Stadium. He's running around the bases, but mo, he may as well be floating.
Speaker 6: I guarantee you if he does not feel his feet hit the ground. After seven hundred games at the minor league level, he has been here, He's been down, he's been back up, and welcome aboard.
Speaker 4: Ryan Award his first major league home run down the right field line that gave the Dodgers a three to nothing lead. Two batters later, Alex freelan home run to right that made it a four to nothing Dodgers leader. They were just getting started. Bottom of the fifth, Alex Call off the bench, our two run single, Dodgers lead was six to nothing in the six more Dodgers scoring Freddie Freeman sack fly as the Dodgers took a seven to nothing lead. How about we go to this seventh Could they score again?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 4: Thanks to Max Monsey.
Speaker 2: Grade one hamstring screen to Taoscar Hernandez, which the Dodgers hope to keep him out just a month. Max another three to two Monsey.
Speaker 3: Lifts off to right field, Max Monsey, Max power halfway up the pavilion market eighth for the Dodgers. Max Monsey on the eighth pitch of the BATA three to two pitch, goes deep to right for his fourteenth home run of this season that leads the Dodgers on the year. The Dodgers at eight nothing lead, how about the bottom of the eighth, could they score again?
Speaker 4: Yep? Freddie Freeman sack fly RBI number twenty nine Dodgers with a nine to nothing lead, they scored in the second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth inning to take a nine to ninhing lead to Bryson Stott solo home run to lead off the ninth off of Jonathan Hernandez, the only run of the game for Philadelphia as the Dodgers win a nine to one Yoshinobu Yamamoto gets the victory. Dodgers take two or three from Philadelphia. They go five and one on the home stand. They go eighteen and ten in the month of May. As we now flip the calendar to June, the Dodgers thirty eight and twenty one overall first place atop the NL West, five and a half games up on San Diego, six and a half games up on Arizona, and the Dodgers in the desert for the start of a four game series against the Diamondbacks. Emmett Sheen takes the ball in the series opener, first pitch at six forty and with more, let's head out to the galloping Ford broadcast booth as we welcome in and Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Guys, Tim, thanks very much. The roof is closed at Chase Field for tonight's ball game as the Dodgers begin a four game set with the Arizona Diamondbacks. Dodgers winners of fourteen of the last seventeen thirty eight and twenty one in the season. They're five and a half up in the National League West over San Diego six and a half over the Diamondbacks. Diamondbacks meantime thirty one and twenty seven, they're coming off a three game sweep. They were on the wrong side of it as the red hot Seattle Mariners swept him over the weekend. This was after winning eleven of thirteen to get back into the hunt in near the top of the standings. So the Dodgers come off a five and one home stand, They'll put Emmitt Sheehan on the mound tonight. The right hander will face Eduardo Rodriguez, the veteran lefty for Arizona, off to a very good start at five and one. Emmett is three and one and Mo show Hal tiny back at the top of the order. Andy Pie has hitting in the two spot. One of the things that Dave Roberts said about Pie today is that he deserves to get five at bats a game now rather than hitting down on the order the way that he's been driving in runs and getting on.
Speaker 6: Base, and especially if you look at the last seventeen games, any of three ninety three in that particular time with four home runs on top of it, and for Andy Paes, I would imagine he's also turned some heads as far as All Star balloting is going to be starting, and for pa Haes get his mat in there the way that he has played. Really we talked about both sides of the baseball, offensively, defensively, also the base running. I think the base running for me with Andy Pies, if you look at the last couple of years, has also improved a great deal. He just feels more comfortable. You can kind of see the results of it. At the Dodger ball club, they come in, they know full well Arizona's thought has to be tim Look, they're six and a half behind the Dodgers. This is a four game series. What can they do as far as closing the gap, Say, if they win three out of the four, what happens if they sweep this series. That's got to be on the minds of Arizona. So don't take them lightly in the four game series. Here.
Speaker 7: Dodgers offensively, however, have been taking it to whoever's been throwing the baseball in their general direction. You look at their run differential this year plus one twenty nine. That means one hundred and twenty nine runs more than they have allowed. That is the top mark in Major League baseball.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I looked at those numbers again this afternoon. They've scored three hundred and fourteen, they've allowed just one hundred and eighty five. The numbers are lopsided, but you still have to have more runs under the r department on the scoreboard when all the dust has settled at the end of the game. So yeah, they like to improve and walk out of here with forty plus victories for the season after playing the four games in Arizona.
Speaker 7: At the bottom of the order, the seven eight nine hitters tonight, Max Munsey hitting seven, Miguel Rojas he'll be at second base and place and hit eight, and Alex Call will be in left field batting ninth. Carl's going to get some extensive work now with Taeoscar Hernandez on the show for a little while. But Calls just answered the call really hitting three Tozho five. He hasn't produced really that much in the power game, but he hasn't had a lot of opportunity.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but he's gotten on base, whether it be walks, whether it be getting the base hits and what have you. Thenther part two is you don't give up anything. In fact, it's a plus if you look at what he does defensively, he has some speed on the bases on top of it the perfect high because the bottom of the order so important when they get on base, then you got the big guys coming on with Otani, Pajz, Freeman and then with Bens too, So it pays to have the bottom of the lineup red hot to set the stage for the other guys.
Speaker 7: Dodgers swept the Diamondbacks in Los Angeles to begin the season in late March. They'll play their fourth game against them this season coming up in just a little bit.
Speaker 4: Tim All right, thank you, guys. We're off and running here on Dodgers on Deck as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on a Shakey's Pizza parlor or your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shakys dot com. Coming up here wrong, because you know, Dodgers on deck, you are gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. You are gonna hear from David Vasse, who goes one on one with with Ryan Ward. We'll check out with Charlie Steiner. Of course, we'll break down this pitchy matchup, your magical moment and injury report. But up next you're O Tani, Rewind and Kirsten Watson from Sports to LA. That's all coming up. We lead you up to Dodgers and the Diamondbacks first pitching, Phoenix, coming up at six forty. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim kase Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers in Diamondbacks from Phoenix, start of a four game series. Dodgers first place atop the NL West Sheen and Guardo Rodriguez. The pitching matchup, first pitch, coming up at six forty.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani Rewind.
Speaker 2: Painters OH one pitch, Tani so base.
Speaker 8: Sit in the right field, over the leaping Bryce and Stott at second base and so the on Bay streak now sixteen games and in this sixteen game stretch, specifically leading off the game show, Hey is now seven for thirteen a one to one. Otani pulls it on the ground through the right side, a base hit in the right field, his second hit of the ball.
Speaker 4: Game show, Hey Otani yesterday two for five with two singles, as Nelly mentioned, extending that on Bay streak to sixteen straight games, part of a Dodgers nine to one win over the Phillies.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 4: Hey Carrison now joins us from the desert. Brought to by Cars for Kids. Donate now at Cars for Kids dot Org. All right, Kirson, here we go, Im and Sheen on the mound and she and one of these young arms. The Dodgers have inserted this rotation this start of the season because of injuries, and you look at what the starting staff has done, it's been pretty good.
Speaker 9: Yeah, if we look at just the month of May, and really since May thirteenth, the group is eleven and two. They've got a two point two three ERA, and so the group really has been excellent. With talking to Dave Roberts, he called out. He said, you know, yes, the entirety of the starting rotation has been in a really good spot. But what's allowed the group as a whole to be so successful. It's not the guys like sho Hey and Yoshinobu, who we know what they're going to do when they take the ball. It's the younger guys who have come in, like you mentioned, stepped up when needed. That's Emmit she and that's rookie Sasaki and that's Justin Robleski. And what those three have really been able to do for the group, Dave Roberts has said, has been excellent, which is allowed for the success that this group has seen in May.
Speaker 1: So four m men.
Speaker 9: He's coming off of, you know, a strong outing in which he fought to stay in there. If we recall, he was hit by a comebacker off his like kind of bicep tricep part of his arm, and it was a hard hit ball that came back at him, but he wanted to stay in there. It always took some time for Dave Roberts and Thomas Upward to check on him, but he fought to stay in and was able to get their six innings of work. So he feels like he's in a good spot and really building on each outing to continue to find success and just to feel like a complete picture where he wants to be.
Speaker 4: Speaking of continuing to find success, it's a daily grind for every hitter at the big leagues, for Kyle Tucker, he's really been working hard off the field.
Speaker 9: He has, so you know, he's someone who's similar to Shohotani. When he takes the field to take batting practice world stop, it is a very big deal when he is doing that because he is looking for something. So when we were back in Los Angeles during this past homestand and only did we see him come on the field early to take some hits off of the velocity machine, off the jugs machine, I should say, but he also was on the field for the traditional batting practice ahead of the game, taking some swings, trying to feel something. And when I spoke to him this afternoon just as to what that was for, he was saying, he was like, you know, he's been putting in a lot of work right now, trying just to feel something at the plate to swing through it, to make sure that he's getting the results. He's felt like, you know, yes, he's making contact, but he's not making the contact in which he wanted to be doing. When we were in Milwaukee, he shared with me that he felt like he was hitting when he had the two triples. He was pulling. Yeah, he was pulling the ball, hitting it down the foul line, and as much as he was able to get results, that's not where he wanted to. He felt like there was just too much backspin on it. He's trying to go more to that center field, left center, right center is fine. He just wants to put the ball forward or as Dave Roberts likes to say, move the ball forward. And so that's something he's trying to do right now. So it meant there was a lot of swings. There was swings before he took VP on the field. There were swings the night or the yeah after the game, and that night before the night after the game. There was just he was like, yeah, there's a lot of swings right now, but ultimately I'm just trying to get back on track. But he does feel like he's getting closer. He did say the two hits yesterday aren't enough of a sign, but it's a good sign for him.
Speaker 4: Well, certainly the production will be there, no doubt about it. Kyle Tucker is one of the guys the Dodgers need this season to get going. Still to come here on Wrongo because you know Dodgers on that nank you curious, Well, dive deeper into this pitching matchup, David Vasseg goes one on one. Ryan Ward, who hit a home run yesterday, his first in the big leagues. We'll hear from him, but also get you an injury report, and we'll check in with the Dodger manager, Dave Roberts when we return. Dodgers and Diamondbacks first pitch from Phoenix coming up at six forty. I'm Tim Kaitson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 4: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Monday night as we lead you up to first pitch from Phoenix, Dodgers and the Diamondbacks. Morongo Casino Resort and Spa a grand slam for a good time. So if you're heading out to the deserts right there off the ten and Marongo, you can make your way out to Phoenix another four and a half hours. Ima Shean and Wernald Rodriguez the pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at six forty.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 4: Report, presented by UCLA Health, the official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Taoskar Hernandez on the IEL with a left hamstring strain. Keiky Hernandez on the IOL with the little left oblique injury. Tyler Glassnell checking out some baseball cards today. He's on the injured list with lower back spasms. Blake Snell was actually the one ed Burbanks sports cars and Tyler glassnow is on the io with the lower backspasses. Blake Snell with the bodies out of his elbow. He is rehabbing on the sixty day IL, So it's gonna be a while for Blake Snell. Edwin Diaz recovering from surgery as well. Tommy Edmond is in Triple A Oklahoma City on a minor league rehab assignment. Actually hit a home run yesterday as he is working his way back to join this Dodgers team. All right, let's head back out to Phoenix and check out the Dodgers skipper Dave.
Speaker 5: Do you think questions for Dave?
Speaker 9: Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 10: I think we're still learning. I think that you know, there's certain things that about a player that you kind of know, but you don't really know until you see it in action and see some adversities and how they respond. So I think that you know, with Emmett, he's responded some adversities. He's responding to now feeling better, the uptick in velocity. So this whole kind of growth for Emmett has been fantastic.
Speaker 5: Have you seen signs of will Smith starting to hit the fastball better than he was, you know, for the majority of the season. I do, I really do.
Speaker 10: I think he's in a much better spot physically, mechanically, and I want to be clear that the hitting the fastball is more of not pulling the fastball. It's just moving it forward to the big part of the field, which I believe is his strength. So it's not about just pulling it. It's about getting the pitch and hitting it to where his strength is. And I do think that he's gotten a lot better at that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: All right, there's a manager, Dave Robert talking to the media. As we continue here, I'm wrong with Casino Dodgers on deck. We all check in with David Say as we lead you up to first pitch from Phoenix Dodgers and Diamondbacks. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers contach on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Diamondbacks squaring off start of a four game series and machine on the mount. First pitch coming up at six forty. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by El Pato, born in La. Made for your game day. Yes, hel Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to your plate.
Speaker 1: L Poto gourmee in a can. Joining Tim Kits on Dodgers Ontech.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David all Right.
Speaker 4: DV Dodgers, fresh off of five and one homestead, hit the road for a four brief, four game series. But Freddie Freeman going viral for the right reasons.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Usually when you go viral, you've done something to upset the masses or you've embarrassed yourself. But on the last homestand Freddie Freeman went viral twice for the right reasons I asked him about it. Usually guys go viral for not so great moments, but on the last homestand you had two very pure, fun viral moments. You're trying to get Kyle Carros to look up at his dad, and then you playfully kick some dirt at JT real mudo yesterday. Where does that all come from? I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 11: I love playing the game in baseball. I know we're in a tense battle of competing h to, but during the game, I like to find fun things. It's we're all having fun playing this game.
Speaker 1: We love it.
Speaker 11: But yeah, I knew Harrik was doing the games, and I could see when Kyle got the hit.
Speaker 4: I could see him kind.
Speaker 11: Of like moving around in the booth, and I was like, oh, that's an excited dad. And I was like, hey, look your dad, your dad, your dad. And then obviously yesterday, yeah, I just got told that I was going all over the place.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so JT.
Speaker 11: Obviously in my first at bat, gout, eat the strike out on a challenge call, and then next at bat, first pitch he challenges again and gets it right. And then so that's where I've obviously know JT for a long time, and you know I love JT. So yeah, once he got it, I knew he was gonna get it right too. So that's why I just kicked some dirt on him and he just started laughing.
Speaker 5: I said stop.
Speaker 11: He wanted to challenge the next one too, but thankfully I was like there. He was like, I don't know prettymuch. I looked at it and I said, if that's the strike, I'm done here. You know, like, and uh, you know, it's just fun. The game's fun. Baseball is fun. It's supposed to be fun, and you know, I try and enjoy it as much as I came on and playing.
Speaker 5: Hey, Freddie Freeman is first class and that's why so many young kids look up to him, because he plays with joy and he has those type of moments.
Speaker 4: David is brought to by Ford here for those who build America. No, it's he's always got great moments. He he's a great guy, and we're here for you.
Speaker 5: Thank you for acknowledging that.
Speaker 4: Of course. So they're here to drive America Ford David for two hundred and fifty more years to come. Right now, Ford is offering employee pricing to everyone American Value for American Values, go to your Southern California Ford either Today by Ford Now dot com.
Speaker 5: We're about to have a viral moment between us right there, Tim.
Speaker 4: I feel like we were Dave, but for the right reasons, of course. Uh, Blake Snell, what's the latest with Snell?
Speaker 9: Zella?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 5: Can you believe this? The nanoscope procedure was a success. What I can tell you about the difference between his procedure and Derek Scoobel's procedure is Schoobole only had one bone chip removed and it only took doctor Neil elatrosh thirty minutes. Blake Snell told me his procedure took two hours. It was a little more involved. But he was showing me yesterday, Tim, how he has full range of motion with his left elbow. He said, back in twenty nineteen when he had a standard bone chip removal in his elbow, then he could barely move. He could barely move his elbows. So he's throwing plioballs now and there's a very very good chance that he'll play catch on Friday for the first time.
Speaker 4: All right, great information, Davi. I think we'll leave it right there. Are we good?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're good. Tim all right, all rank you for acknowledging me. I just want to be heard.
Speaker 4: I know, Dave, all right, we'll be heard. Coming up in a few minutes as we check back in with you and Ryan Ward, who had his first home run yesterday at the big league level. Coming up here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck though, next your Dodgers Magical Moment. Dodgers and Diamondbacks. First pitch is six forty. I'm Tim kath Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Diamondbacks squaring off, first of four from the Desert Image. Shean Eduardo Rodriguez. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at six forty.
Speaker 5: I know, Dad, not about nine without a hot dog?
Speaker 1: Who wants the hot un It's time for the hawfing Magical Moment. It's magical magical present by Hawfey hot Dogs.
Speaker 4: Well, if the Dodgers take it on the Snakes, we go back to September twenty fifth, last year, Yes, in Arizona, Chase Field this sight in which the Dodgers clinched the division again.
Speaker 7: Eight nothing, Dodgers, two outs, bottom of the ninth. They'll take the series. They'll take the season series seven to six in a two to one pitch swung it on.
Speaker 1: The ground, bout a third Rojas.
Speaker 5: Backhands throws to first.
Speaker 12: He got it divisional dominance for the Dodgers. The twenty twenty five Dodgers are the National League's Western Division champions for the twelfth time in thirteen years. The Dodgers can raise a banner, and they've now won the division title four straight seasons. Time to raise a glass to the Dodgers as they've clinched the division again.
Speaker 4: Yes, the Los Angeles Dodgers have dominated the NL West fourth consecutive year. They won it last year. Twelve time in the last thirteen years. Could it be the thirteenth time in the last fourteen years? Here in twenty twenty six, we'll find out. This Hofey magical moment brought to by Hoffey hot Dogs Haffe so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Hoffey hot Dogs Local ones so great. When we continue here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck we will check in with Charlie Steiner to leads up to first pitch on this Monday, Dodgers and Diamondbacks. I'm Tim Kats' is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech on your home for the blue all season longod Law.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Diamondbacks start a four game set from the Desert and she and Waterloo Rodriguez pitching matchup time now for the Verizon startup is we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your So Cal Verizon store today we say hello to Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 13: The Dodgers on the road, after winning five of six at home, begin a four game series with the Diamondbacks in Phoenix on the day after Dave Roberts' fifty fourth birthday. It's time to throw him some flowers. He is eighteen wins away from one thousand. He is three hundred and eighty five games over five hundred, a winning percentage of six twenty two. And of course, now the Dodgers are looking like secretary pulling away from the rest of the pack in the National League West, five and a half in front of the Padres and six and a half in front of the d Backs, who the Dodgers are playing tonight.
Speaker 6: Mo, Well, you know the nice thing about Dave roberts story to begin with, and you know we're no, we're only what maybe the second chapter of a mini chapter book. You and I have gotten to know Dave very well. This has never been about Dave Roberts when he talked to Dave. This has been about the ball club. It's been about the organization. It's been about the game of baseball in the city of Los Angeles and the job that he has done. I think back I send the other day. If we think back to the very first spring trending in Campbell Back Ranch, Glendale, Dave took over the ball club that very first morning. He said, guys, I was in the other dugout, remember he was Buddy Black's bench coach with San Diego, and he said, I've seen you guys from the other dugout. You can play better than you have been playing. You can run the bases better than you have been running them. And that was kind of the message to begin with, on what Dave Roberts presented. And to the credit of the organization and the guys that have played here under Dave Roberts, they have really paid attention to his words because it gave them I think an inside look is and hey, look, look at ourselves. We could get better if we do this, this and this.
Speaker 13: Three hundred and eighty five games over five hundred entering play tonight. He is even with Tony LaRussa, who of course finished in the Hall of Fame, among others Connie Mack, John McGrath, Bobby Cox, Joe Torque. So right now he is really in a very rarefied air.
Speaker 6: He's in rarefied air, and he does it very quietly. It's not been about him. Doesn't put on a gigantic show at all. First of all, he earns the respect. He doesn't win the respect. He earns the respect of the players that understand, Hey, a, he's gone through it as a player. He's had success, he's had failures. He's been able to accomplish a whole lot when the odds were really against him as a player. And now as a manager. He leads by example, and I think he really presents not only the organization exceptionally well, but the entirety of baseball.
Speaker 13: A one eight of ten, fourteen of their last seventeen, and in those fourteen games about scored the opponent one hundred and six to thirty six, while the pitching has been sensational a two point h nine er. So they're getting it pitching defense, And of course I lead the majors in home runs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Charlie too, is that if you look at the plate of the Dodgers, you know, they've scored three hundred and fourteen runs, they have allowed just one hundred and eighty five. And if you mold that overs, wait a minute, they've scored over three hundred, they've allowed less than two hundred. That's a pretty good package to give to your bullpen, and a lot gets overlooked when you consider the fact that the Dodgers have also rated very high in the defense that they've thrown out there at each and every game.
Speaker 13: Run differential the Dodgers one hundred and twenty nine runs better than their opposition by par that is tops in Major League Baseball. The d Backs are in third place in the National League West at thirty one and twenty seven. They're eighteen and ten at home, which is the Dodgers road record. The only other team in the National League West over five hundred in the month of May nobody just the Diamondbacks when they went fifteen and thirteen. So the Dodgers, like we said, they're beginning to pull away. And Emmett Sheean gets to start tonight against EDWARDO. Rodriguez five and one, a two point three to one er, one of the better pitchers in the game that nobody knows very much about.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and he's pitched very well at home. He's undefeated at home. In the five starts, he's three and oh then era under one and a half when he's been here at home. He's the guy the Dodgers have seen in the past eight different starts where he's two and four. But he's pitching very well this year.
Speaker 13: The Dodgers, coming off of five and one home stand Arizona, was swept all three up in Seattle. This is the first of a four game series, and the Dodgers returned home briefly and hit the road one more time. But the way they're playing home or on the road, it doesn't seem to matter. These days.
Speaker 4: Tim, all right, thank you, Charlie. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium. Visit Uniclode slash us still to come here On Dodgers on Deck, we'll get to a preview this pitching matchup Tip never will be back with Rick Monday. Get to those keys to the game. But up next we go high and tight with a guy who his first career Big League home run yesterday, Ryan war That's next Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Monday. I'm Tim Katz's. Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Diamondbacks, Em Shean and Warner Rodriguez. The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parler, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night and Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high tight.
Speaker 5: Yesterday was a big day for Ryan Ward, his first major league home run. The entire team was excited. Even show Hao Tani posted your home run on his Instagram account. Ryan, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 14: Yeah, of course, happy to be here, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 5: What is it like the day after? Obviously you know you belong here, but still there was so much celebration for what you did from all of these guys. How much did that mean to you?
Speaker 14: Yeah, you know, a mental world to me. To be able to celebrate with them and everyone be happy for me was really special, and you know, kind of enjoying the moment and then just taking it all in was really fun.
Speaker 5: How many messages did you have on your phone quite a.
Speaker 14: Bit after the game. Yeah, it took me some time to go through them all, but I tried to apply to at least everybody that I could, So it was awesome.
Speaker 5: Well, the day started with you getting your first start, first game at Dodger Stadium. Could you describe the feelings even before the game started for you?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I was kind of like that those debut ones, the butterflies were there for sure, just like knowing that it was in LA this time, and being able to go out into dot your stadium and play and getting out to left field and kind of just just taking it in for a second. I ended my like pregame catch pretty early just to just be able to stand out there for a second and just kind of look around and take it in. So it was a really cool moment.
Speaker 5: What's the balance of doing that, taking it in, knowing where you're at, enjoying it, but also not letting it overwhelm you.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you know, I think I think that's kind of why I did it, is to like give myself like that that five second period of like, take this in, enjoy it, and Okay, it's not like now now it's time to time to play baseball, time to focus in and get ready to play.
Speaker 5: Isn't it amazing how the game finds you Because before you're a home run, there was a sinking line drive in the sun and left field and you made a really nice play in left field. I mean it feels like the game always finds you.
Speaker 14: Yeah, no, for sure. I mean I was talking to someone for you and I forgot who it was and it was like, hey, the ball's gonna find you, Like for sure. The ball is gonna find you, so so I'll just be ready for it and and and trust yourself.
Speaker 4: And that's what I was able to do.
Speaker 5: Ryan Ward is our guest before first pitch between the Dodgers, and I'm in backs And you know, I was mentioning in the beginning of this interview about Otani's celebrating you. What's it like to have a locker two spots away from him here at Chase Field.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you know, it's incredible. I mean, everyone in this locker room is unbelievable. It's a bunch of superstars in here, and they're all great guys, so it's awesome to be around them all.
Speaker 5: Does it make it more comfortable when you take a game like yesterday, for example, the bottom third of the Dodger order was a bunch of OKC Dodgers, yourself, Freeland and Rushing.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, guys that I've played with on coming up through the organ and have relationships with, and it's really cool to be here with them as well.
Speaker 5: How about the fact that you and Freeland were taking batting practice together and then you homer in the same inning yesterday.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we almost went back to back there and we spent the whole morning game planning together and hitting together are like routine together, and then right before the game together, so it was really really cool to hit one being the dugout and then watch him hit one and kind of be able to celebrate together.
Speaker 5: You are the adult in the rooms, so do you feel like you're the adult in that relationship?
Speaker 4: No, we're good friends.
Speaker 14: I think we're both adults in their relationship.
Speaker 5: Ryan Ward is our guest as we get ready for Dodgers Diamondbacks the beginning of a four game series. Now, yesterday, you mentioned after the game the celebration and also the fact that your teammates through everything but the kitchen sink on you. Can you remember the ingredients of what was thrown on you in the celebration?
Speaker 14: Honestly, I don't even know. I was covering my eyes trying not to get it in there. So but it was a really cool moment and I'm glad it happened.
Speaker 5: How long did it take you to get all of that stink off you?
Speaker 14: Yeah, it took me a while. I took a couple of quite a few showers after that, quite a few INSes just to get it all off.
Speaker 5: Does it feel different this time around because Freddie went on the paternity list. This is going to be a longer period of time that you're here because Taoskar's out for a month. Does that put you at ease a little more?
Speaker 14: You know, yeah, a little bit, but kind of just taking it day by day, you know, going through my routine, not changing anything up, and just get my work done and be ready to go.
Speaker 5: Here's one thing guys have told me about you. You have every reason to be as salty and bitter as anybody in the minor leagues, but you have such a great spirit about yourself. As Alex Freeland comes into his locker, Freeland, I apologize your big brother right here, Ryan Ward said, I was allowed to sit in your chair. Is that okay? If Ryan says it's okay, it's okay. Oh there it is sea Ward. Second day in the big leagues, and this guy's getting me in trouble already right here.
Speaker 2: Get yourself in trouble.
Speaker 5: But Ryan, how have you kept such a great spirit about yourself through all of it?
Speaker 14: You know, just keeping your head up and trusting in the work that I'm putting in and just continue to go forward.
Speaker 5: And do you have to just take it one day at a time.
Speaker 14: Yeah, absolutely, take it one day at a time, take a one rep out of time and just have fun with it.
Speaker 5: All right. Well, thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it. Here's looking good today in the desert and can't wait to see you out there again during this four game series.
Speaker 14: Nank you, I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: There he is a hero to the people himself. Ryan Ward has been our guest, and he'll receive a gift card a Capitol Grill and Burbank, an upscale, relaxed spot with a great bar, great steaks, and a guy that certainly has a great spirit and shine. Ryan Ward. We'll send it back to you, Tim.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks a lot of DV. Congratulations to Ryan Ward on his first big league home run. What an accomplishment. Lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Dinonbacks on this Monday night. Up next, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Kas's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Huntings on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Dodgers Fresh off a five and one a home stand first place. It's off. The NLS right back at it tonight as they start a four game series in the Desert against the Arizona Diamondbacks. First pitch coming up at six forty.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dineck, we look at the pitching matchup, brought.
Speaker 4: To you by your Toyota dealers. Make it easy. Eduardo Rodriguez on the mound for the Snakes, five to one with a two thirty one ERA. Thirty three year old left chander out of Venezuela. He's been around a while, twelve season in the big league's third with the Arizona Diamondbacks. Remember at one point he was with the Detroit Tigers and they were looking to ship him off at the trade deadline. Dodgers were inquiring about them, and he said, nah, don't want to play on the West coast. Well, last time I looked, Arizona's pretty far west as well. But he signed a three year deal with the Diamondbacks. He is one win away from one hundred in his career, making his twelve start this year. He's been really good with a fastball, change up combination in the eleven starts this year, he utilizes it almost seventy percent of the time. In the month of May, he went three to one with a one sixty ERA and five stars, twenty seven strikeouts and held his opponents to a two OA batting average. Last time out, six innings, two runs, six hits, six strikeouts and a winner with the San Francisco Giants. Why not everybody's beating the Giants now? This is his ninth career start against the Dodgers. He's not allowed to earn run in his last two starts, going one to zero with the zero ERA and nine strikeouts. Emmett Shean on the mound for the Dodgers three and one with the four to seventy ERA. The twenty six year old right hander finally healthy now in his fourth season in the big leagues. Had Tommy John surgery in twenty four missed half of last year working his way back, and now he is a full go and been really good. Now making his eleventh start this season, fastball just over mid nineties, slider, change up. He's been really good. Last time out six innings, two runs, five hits, eight strikeouts. That one is a win over the Colorado Rockies. Immitt Shean has not faced the Arizona with Diamondbacks a lot, just one start, and that one start came at the beginning of this season March twenty seventh. He went three and a third innings, given up five hits, four runs, two walks, struck out six in a no decision. So it's Emmett Shean and eduardro Rodriguez the pitching matchup first of four from the Desert Dodgers and Diamondbacks. As we are fifteen minutes away from first pitch from Chase Field in Arizona, Hey's to the game are coming up next. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio, Newhork.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Diamondbacks start of a four game series in the Desert Imachine and order Rodriguez, the left hander of the pitching matchup in the series opener. First pitch is coming up in about thirteen minutes. As we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo start Great Moments start with Sapporo beer or whatever your taste preference. Sapporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beer. Sapporo good with sushi with baseball. Let's head back out to the booth. Guys on the call tonight, Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Tim, thanks again. We're counting it down to the first pitch here in Phoenix, Arizona. Triple digit temperatures outside and the roof has closed at Chase Field MC in three and one. Well, the four to seventy Era gets the start. The right hander, we'll face a lineup with Gettel Marte, a switch hitter. At the top of fact, there are four switch hitters in this Arizona lineup that Machian has to face down right and for she and.
Speaker 6: I think first of all, the sliders is a big, big pitch. Sheen has fifty nine strankeounts thirty one of those that come as a result of the slider. One thing I'll be looking at the first inning. Why is Era in the first inning is nine highest of any inning. And on the flip side of the coin ed Wanda Rodriguez that Dodgers saw him in the second game of the season as it opened up. He went five innings, allowed one run only four hits in that game against the Dodgers in La.
Speaker 7: Rodriguez has had a good start to the year again, his CRA two thirty one. He's got ninety nine career wins, so tonight he's pitching for a milestone, the veteran left hander out of Venezuela taking on Emmett Sheehan, the right hander for the Dodgers. One other note, Dave Roberts confirming, I think this is a regular thing with shoe hey Otani. He'll pitch Wednesday and will also be in the lineup leading off as the designated hitter again, as Dave said that, he is well rested right now, and I think his batting average and his pitching record approving that Dodgers and Diamondbacks coming up from Chase Field Tim all.
Speaker 4: Right, thank you very much, Yes, shoey Otani. He will be a two way player on Wednesday when he pitches, he will get the start of the mount and serve as their DH tonight, the DH and leading off for the Dodgers. Andy Pajs in center field, Freddie Freeman batting third and first, Mookie Betts batting clean up with shortstop, Kyle Tucker batting right field at fifth and right field, Will Smith behind the plate after a day off yesterday batting six, Max Munsey batting seventh and playing third base, Miguel Rojas patty eighth at second base, and Alex Call answering the call patting ninth in left field. Don't forget when this game is over. David Basse has got you covered with all the postgame festivities, including reaction from the clubhouse, the highlights, and Dodger talk as well. Dodgers thirty eight and twenty one, winners of eight of their last ten, fresh off of five and one homestand in Arizona to start a series against the Diamondbacks. Dodgers five and a half games up on the idle San Diego Padres, who are back in action tomorrow in our nation's capital, but the Dodgers six and a half games up on the stakes for the chance to make some further ground in the division. First pitch is next and Rober Rodriguez on the mount against show. Hey otani enjoined everybody, this has been Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck on the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network