Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey or Dodger Talking. We're wrapping things up in San Francisco, but our guys, snell Zilla, the King of San Jose for the Ontario Tower Buzzers, is back with the Dodgers after his first rehab start. Thanks a lot for the time. We got a big audience here. They want to see the magic between us.
Speaker 2: What is wrong with you, Adam?
Speaker 1: They're all staring awkwardly in the clubhouse at us.
Speaker 2: Oh you're well man, No, but it was good.
Speaker 3: It was good to pitch again and be on the mound and just feel what pitching's like again. It's been a minute, so to you able to do that again, just felt really good and I just can't wait to get get this going and get back.
Speaker 1: How did you treat last night? Is that just like your first starting in spring training? What were you trying to do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was all just feel.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to feel, you know, how my arm feels, body feels, what I need to work on. It was tough because I was at the bottom of the mind. My foot was slipping, but overall felt healthy. Ball was coming out good, good arm speed, but definitely a lot of work that I still have to do. You know, the location of the pitchers need to get better, the movement needs to get better on the off speed. Yeah, so I saw have a lot of work to do, which I'm excited about. But just being able to you know, pitching a game and really have toels and and then the more that I pitch in games, the more my arm gets conditioned, which I love, and and then I can really, you know, continue to get better.
Speaker 1: I know you demand a lot out of yourself. How patient do you have to be with this process?
Speaker 3: The first couple you can be pretty patient, and then the next ones, you know, you're you're getting ready to go to the big leagues and and pitching the show and the pitch meaningful games, and you know, you have a lot of things that you know that you want to achieve. So the first couple, you know, could be a little patient with but after that it's yeah, there's no excuses. It's time to lock in and go. But yeah, just a lot a lot to work on still, which I'm excited about. And yeah, I'll continue to clean it up and yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, players have told me in the past whenever they're coming back from an injury. They know that they're healthy and the team is putting them out there, but mentally is the biggest hurdle to just let it rip. Did you have to go through that again to just trust that your shoulder is going to cooperate?
Speaker 2: No, no, I never I never had that.
Speaker 3: I believe in like all the work I've been doing to be healthy, to be able to throw, and yeah, I don't. I don't question that when I'm out there. That's like the last thing I'm gonna do is question if I'm on the mount pinchion. There's no quese Like. I'm ready to go. So I feel great, the ball's coming out really good, and I'm just gonna continue to get a lot better at each of these next couple starts.
Speaker 1: Blake Snell is our guest aka snell Zilla. Those number thirty seven jerseys are selling out online right now. Ontario is trying to capitalize off your one rehab start.
Speaker 3: That's wild, but happy for him, man, Yeah, no, it was. We've got some good prospects down there too, so that was fun to see.
Speaker 1: But yeah, what did you what did you buy the guys after after the game last night?
Speaker 2: Red Robin no, no, I didn't buy him.
Speaker 3: I didn't buy him anything. I'm waiting until I go back to Ontario. There's better food, better selections. So yeah, I'll uh when they get back to Ontario, I have something food ready for him.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about tonight's game. I'm gonna put on the analyst hat on you. Okay, today's game Tyler Glass now against Logan Webb, your guy, Logan web everybody's saying that the ABS has kind of throwing him off his game.
Speaker 2: Do you believe that?
Speaker 3: I mean no, I think that's he's so dumb, so dumb. No, I think it's the you know, it's it's the beginning of the season. You know, he's he's figuring himself out and who he is this year. I mean, he's been one of the best pitchers in the league last four years. He's the innings leader every year, which means your stuff's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't really matter about ABS.
Speaker 3: And East to West is the same it was, you know, I feel like it's just the top of the zones come down. I don't think East to West has changed much. And then you know, people can challenge and stuff like that, but people aren't gonna challenge that much because they're always intimidated.
Speaker 2: You only got two, so yeah, it's just different.
Speaker 3: But no, I think I think Logan is one of the best pitchers in the league. I just think it's you know, he's figuring himself out and he's when I was here in twenty four That's what I noticed with him. And then he takes off and he becomes, you know, the guy that everyone knows.
Speaker 2: Him as and that's who he is. So it's gonna be a tough one.
Speaker 3: I mean I've seen him pitch all up a full year and I was very impressed and the mindset and the way he handles his business and he's really good. But for us having glasses, I like our chances too. I mean, he's really coming into his own last couple of years, and it's been really fun to watch him, just the confidence and the stuff and the pitch sequencing that he's doing and how just invested he is into just being great and to be able to watch him, you know, pitch the last couple of years has been awesome just from you know, seeing him in my Tampa days till now.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's really evolved a lot.
Speaker 1: He's really using his curveball this year. Do you notice that he's using the curveball to play off the fastball more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then he has that sinker and the slider. I think has really helped him because now they're not fifty to fifty, they gotta you know, do more.
Speaker 1: What a player there, he goes Thomas Albert. Not as good as hair as snail Zilla, but he's in the house.
Speaker 2: But he is the best trainer. Hello.
Speaker 1: Hey, so so back to glass now. In spring training, he seemed to be a different guy. Have you noticed that, I mean, just seems to be a lot more comfortable on the mound.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I think the postseason really helped him. You know, realize you know how good he is. So I think, yeah, I think he's only going to continue to get better and better. I think the prime of his career is starting right now. And I'm very excited to be honest, team and to continue to watch him just get better and better.
Speaker 1: All right, before I let you go, the world saw you at Coachella. Who did you go to see at Coachella? Why were you there? So Thomas, you want to hear this justin Bieber, I mean, who are you there?
Speaker 2: To see for sure Justin Bieber.
Speaker 3: So I left, I left, me and my wife want to go see Justin Bieber. So I went rehabs. Then we had a sprinter take us to Coachella. I have no idea where that's at. We went there, we were there for six hours, We saw a give you on Justin Bieber, and then we had that spinner van take us back.
Speaker 2: I was there for six hours.
Speaker 3: And then while I was in Denver with the team, oh yeah, oh yeah, because I would have been with the te Oh wait, I can't travel with the tea.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then and then from there, I then went to the field the next morning at nine am and I threw a bullpenny. So my work life balance is really good.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm not trying to question your life decisions here. I'm not trying to hall monitor you here. I'm just trying to figure out why you would be at Coachella.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a believer for sure. Oh my god. Yeah, who doesn't like Justin Bieber? You don't like Justin Bieber. That's the problem. See, that's the problem here. You don't have good music taste.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll own that one, thanks a lot. I love your music taste. But the Justin Bieber stuff a little questionable.
Speaker 3: No, it's questionable because you haven't listened to it yet. We'll get you listening to it.
Speaker 2: We'll get some songs you like. He has five hundred songs. You're gonna like a couple. It will be good. Thanks, Daisies. Hey, you like that song. You like that song. That's why you said that.
Speaker 1: You like guilty pleasure, just like you. You're my guilty pleasure too.
Speaker 2: Don't do that.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot for the time. Great to see you smiling. You're in such a great mood today. I knew I could approach you.
Speaker 2: What does that mean? You approach every day