Speaker 1: Broadcasting across the LA Todchers Audio network on the iHeartRadio while.
Speaker 2: Another set who could do it? Light mead another yea.
Speaker 1: Like the best player we've ever seen. Welcome into a playoff edition of Marongo Casino Todgers.
Speaker 2: So it's a whole new season.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame look at the world champion LA Touchers show.
Speaker 2: The road still goes through LA and this is not a SLB mahot. He needs your position if.
Speaker 1: You want to coom kidding. Now your host walking you up the first pitch, Golden.
Speaker 2: It's Tim Cakes.
Speaker 3: Everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers, and I hope you're well on this Monday afternoon as your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers in Philadelphia for the National League Divisional Series. After winning game on on Saturday, the Dodgers had a day off yesterday, and today they look to leave the City of Brotherly Love with a two to oh series advantage.
Speaker 2: Blake Snell on the mound for the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: First pitch from Citizens Bank Park is coming up at three toh eight. Coming up over the next hour here on Morogo Casino Dodgers on deck. You were gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. We'll dive deeper into this game two pitching matchup. David Vasse joins us throughout the hour. He'll go one on one with Dodger third base coach Dino Eble. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA will stop by get her thoughts as she's on TV pregame and postgame, and in just a few minutes we'll check in with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday out the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth Well. Game one was Saturday in Philadelphia. Show Hey Otani and Christopher Sanchez went toe to toe for six innings. Show hey Otani had a little bit of a hiccup in the second as a ball got to the wall from JT room Muto triple, two runs scored, then a sackfly.
Speaker 4: Just like that.
Speaker 3: The Phillies jumped out to a three nothing lead. But O'tani would settle in on Saturday, putting up zero's the rest of the way. He would go six innings, striking out nine. Christopher Sanchez was good through the first five innings.
Speaker 2: Dodgers could not.
Speaker 3: Get to him until the six when they got traffic on the base for key.
Speaker 5: Kin, the best two out offense in baseball the last two years, show up again. On a one zero pitch, Hernandez turns on one down the line fare ball into the left field corner. Freddie Freeman's coming home. Tommy Edmond running through a stop sign, and he does so sweetly.
Speaker 6: He slides in safely to score. Keiy k Hernandez plates a pair with a two out, two run double.
Speaker 3: Key k Hernandez delivers mister October with a two run double with two outs in the six that made it a three to two Phillies lead.
Speaker 2: Then at the.
Speaker 3: Seventh, the Dodgers got after the Phillies bullpen runners on two out for Tao.
Speaker 4: It has been a tough night for Tao.
Speaker 5: Zero for three, three strikeouts and part of the misplaying right field, and the Phillies scored three runs in the second inning. He can make up for it with one swing. The pitch get high in the air right center field, Baitter on the run on the warning track, He's.
Speaker 2: At the wall.
Speaker 6: It's gone.
Speaker 4: Tao time.
Speaker 6: In Game one, he flips the scoreboard with a three run bomb.
Speaker 7: And all of a sudden Citizens Bank Park resembles a library.
Speaker 3: Yeah he got quiet in Philadelphia, tey Oscar Hernandez the three run home run of the seventh Dodgers with a five to three lead. That is a top tier player of the game, brought to you by Arco quality, top tier gas for less. The Dodgers bullpen after Otani, Tyler now and inning in two thirds, Alex Vessi got the final out of the eighth inning to get out of dodge and then the ninth inning belonged to the new Dodger quote unquote closer Rochi Sasaki, who gave up a hit, also struck out a batter put up a zero in the ninth to get the save. Dodgers come back beat the Phillies and steal Game one of the National League Divisional Series, where a five to three victory show Hey Otani gets the whim. The Dodgers now looking to make it too straight in Philadelphia as they send Blake Snell to the mound. First pitch from the bank is coming up at three to eight with more Let's head out to the Galvin Motors broadcast. But as we welcome in Steven Nelson and Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 5: Tim Kates, that off day on Sunday felt like three days. But we're back at Citizens Bank Ballpark on this Monday evening in Philly. The Dodgers gonna try and get greedy here in the Nation League Division Series.
Speaker 4: Here Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Yes, they won Game one and they stole home field advantage, but they don't want to stop there. Blake Snell against Jesus Lozardo, give me your sense for tonight on the heels of a good game one.
Speaker 7: Well, first of all, if you win the first two on the road in the best of five, the numbers are round the overwhelming and the Phillies could really care less. This is a huge game for both these teams, and even more so for Philadelphia. The reason is in the best of five series, teams that have won the first two games on the road gods have a chance to do that have gone on thirty one and three is the outcome in those series. That's all well and good, but they still have nine outs to get in the first three innings, and nine outs in the next three, and then nine outs in the next one. So all in all, the Phillies understand exactly what they have to do. And I think the Dodger hitters understand as well, not chasing balls out of the strike zone and just continue with the plan. And that plan has worked at this particular point.
Speaker 5: And winning Game one has historically voted well for a certain division series, but over just the last three years, eleven out of twelve winners of Game one went on to win the series. That one loss belongs to the Dodgers. In twenty twenty two, they took the opener from the Padres and then lost the next three. So tonight is that the Dodgers will throw out Blake Snell, who is seems to be peaking at the right time moment, and you saw his hunger and desire for the big moments his last regular season turn against the Phillies.
Speaker 4: I think that checks that box.
Speaker 5: And of certainly the started getting Cincinnati the Wildcard round, kicking that off with a series win, going past six innings the postseason for the first time in his career, he is showing Dodger fans really quickly that he wants the spotlight.
Speaker 7: Absolutely and for the Dodger pitching. And not to overlook the fact that in Game one with Otani, then Glassnott came on when an ending in two thirds, Vesia won a third and then Roki Sasaki came in and closed it down, picked up the same worked a ninth inning, gave up one. So the Dodgers were very good in game one, holding the big threesome at the top of the the Phillies lineup. If you look at Trade Turner, Kyle Schwarber, and then Bryce Harbor combined, they just went one for eleven with six strikeouts in game one. You would love to be able to repeat that. But he figures, you know, good hitting, he is going to rise to the top, no question about that. Don't have Max Munsey in the lineup again tonight. Don't have Will Smith yet in the lineup. Although he did come in Finch it stayed in the game in Game one, but he is available to come in if needed.
Speaker 5: Ye had to piggyback off that Tim as we get it back to Dave Roberts saying Will Smith does seem to be on track to perhaps start in game number three, but I think the Dodgers do not want to rock the boat with Ben Rourkevett doing such a tremendous job, particularly with the starting pitchers, and keep in mind Will Smith there was no rehab assignment, so the way that they eased him into Game one and likely will tonight in Game two, this is essentially a rehab assignment in the Nation League Division Series. Very unique, but of course Will Smith talented enough to do this. And then one last injury note for the Philly side, Harrison Bader. He left Saturday's game with groin tightness. He is not in the starting line up tonight. Rob Thompson said he may be available to come off the bench, but that takes a right handed bat away from the outfield, so it'll be Brandon marsh in centerfield instead of Harrison Bader. We'll be back a little bit later with some keys to the game.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, Nelly, as we cut you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get that game day meal on and Shakey's Pizza parlor. Order that Shaky's Pizza Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot com. We're off and running here on Dodgers on Deck. Coming up, you're gonna hear from Dodgers' third base coach Dino Evil. You'll get the pregame thoughts of the manager Dave Roberts. We'll dive deeper into this Game two pitching matchup up next though. Kirston Watson from Sports net LA joins us as we lead you up to Dodgers and Phillies on this Monday, Game two of the National League Divisional Series. Dodgers at one to zero series leave, first pitch of the bank, coming up at three zero eight.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kase. It's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers on you a network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Phillies Game two the National League Divisional Series.
Speaker 2: From the bank.
Speaker 3: Blake Snell, Hey, sus Lozardo. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at three eight.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 3: Hey, Kirston is brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate that old car? Call eat seven and seven Cars for Kids right now, Friendly agents standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K to donate your car today. Here we are Game two Dodgers looking to come back home with a decisive two tozero advantage, and Will Smith not in the lineup. I think that's a big story, Kirston. We thought maybe he'd be ready for game two. Came off the bench in game one. What's the plant to night?
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I think because you're right, because he did come off the bench in game one, caught the final five innings of that game, and then and also for him just to be on this roster, they feel that continuously his hand is getting stronger and healing. Even when he spoke to the media ahead of Game one, he was talking about how it's not one hundred percent just yet, but he is really, really close. So Dave Roberts was saying that he came out of game one feeling good. He came out of practice yesterday feeling good, but not necessarily in a position in which he's ready to catch.
Speaker 2: All nine innings of work.
Speaker 8: So they're kind of they're essentially building him up. So I mentioned it in game one, he caught the final five innings of that game. Today he's not in their starting Ben Wertvett is, but it does sound like we could be seeing him coming off the bench to pinch hit maybe a little bit early in it, so that they are building him up, and then the hope is when the team gets back to Los Angeles for Game three, then he'd be in a position as long as he continues to kind of bounce back. Even Dave said, the soreness, it's like a normal level of Sertans. It's not a concerning level. But he can continue just to progress and be in a good position come Game three. He could then take down the full nine innings that start. So it sounds like we might see him a little bit earlier in this game, but it's still looking at it as quote unquote like a build up for him behind the plate.
Speaker 3: Dodgers took Game one, finally getting into Christopher Sanchez in the sixth inning and then getting after that Phillies bullpen. It kind of feels like a Dodger's team that was just out there with the game plan to maybe get after that starting pitcher, maybe wear him down.
Speaker 8: Yeah, exactly so. But talking to a few guys after the game on Saturday, they were saying how in their hitters meeting, so Aaron Bates, one of the hitting coaches, he was saying, how.
Speaker 4: Christopher Sanchez has very good stuff.
Speaker 8: You know, you kind of have to fus see if you can make some adjustments in game, but like find ways to different ways to get to him, and if that's deeper in his outing, that's got to be the focus when you play here in Philadelphia. When I tell you these fans were in their seats ahead of first page, it was so loud to start the game. But as the game went on, and as the Dodgers are finding different oportunities to get on base, not necessarily making anything happen just yet, but putting themselves in different positions, you started to feel just kind of the crowd slowly kind of start to die down. And I guess Aaron Bates had shared with the guys like that's when you have to take advantage.
Speaker 1: That's when you have to strike.
Speaker 8: And really find a place to build some momentum. And the Dodgers did just that. We saw it with the Kei Ka Hernandez at bat, and then later, of course we saw tai Oscar Hernandez with that three run home run to then be to flip the score. So when you have situations like that, you know, you just have to understand you're coming into this place. It's going to be a hostile environment, but there's going to be times in which you can find ways to strike when you are able to kind of shift the momentum, and that's got to be and I have to imagine it might be something similar in this one. They understand they're playing a very talented team in the Phillies. They have a huge top of the order, similar to the Dodgers that've got Lizardo as you mentioned on the mound. So it's not going to be easy. But if they can just keep grinding through at bats, they recognize that if they're playing from behind, they still are in a position to win something. They did a lot during the regular series of what we're second then National League and come back wins. So this is a team that understands what it takes to get back on track very quickly. And so the hope is, you know, yes, that they can start with the lead, that would be ideal, but they know that they are never out even if they're playing from behind.
Speaker 3: No doubt, we'll find out what happens tonight for Game two, Kres, So we appreciate it still to come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 2: We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: David batsegoes one on one with Dino Evil Dodgers third base coach. But up next we'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. So he leads up to Game two of the Nationally Divisional Series Dodgers and Phillies. First pitch coming up at three oh eight. I'm Tim kas Is the world champion.
Speaker 2: Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue.
Speaker 4: All season long.
Speaker 3: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead up to the first pitch from Philadelphia Dodgers and the Phillies Maronggo Casino Resort and Spa A Grand Slam, four good times. Game two of the National League Divisional Series. Blake's now on the mountain, first pitch coming up at three anything else?
Speaker 2: Questions for Dave?
Speaker 9: Dave?
Speaker 10: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 2: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts?
Speaker 11: Dave, what was the thought process of Ben road Fitz starting and having Will come off the bench tonight?
Speaker 10: I think the thought was similar to Game one, given Will hasn't had you know, much of a work up coming back from the I L so, you know, catching the five innings whatever it was to then you know, build up tonight to then you know, feel like he's in a better spot. We got three at bats under our belt, which is also a positive. Came out of it feeling good, which is encouraging. And then you know, if we continue to trend, then you know, having him start game three if if it still looks good.
Speaker 2: Connect question.
Speaker 12: An we go here in the first row, so it comes out today. No suppress you guys, Thatt. Your third straight year you led the major leagues and days on the injured list. I guess you know, what does it say about this team that you're able to survive all these injuries and get to this point? And now what's the feeling when, especially on your staff, some of these guys are healthy and you feel like you're probably that's what.
Speaker 2: It lives a bit.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know, we've had our certainly our fair share of injuries. I think a couple of things. I think it certainly speaks to the way the front office can kind of, you know, add depth and navigate the waiver wire. On the development side, we've had some young guys cut their teeth that probably weren't ready, but you know, had to rise to opportunities and then as far as like the guys that were around the core group of guys that were healthy, just to remain steadfast and keep going. And you know, early on the starting pitching was very uh you know, patchworky, and then later on the pen and uh. Fortunately the positional player group for the most part has been intact, which has been great. But you know, guys have stepped up and for us to keep going says a lot, you know about the organization.
Speaker 3: All right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts' pregame thoughts as we lead up to Game two of the nationally Divisional Series. Still to come here, I'm wrongco Casino Dodgers on deck. You'll hear from Dino Evil. But up next we'll hear from David Basse. Are Dodger Insider with all the latest from the bank in Philadelphia to leads up to Dodgers in Phillies first pitch of three oh eight. I'm Tim Kayson's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 7: As we were saying.
Speaker 1: Yes, is Morongo Casino Dodgers on tack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Lean you up to the first pitch from Philadelphia on this Monday. It's Game two of the nationally Divisional Series. Blake's Noell Hayes, Susilzarno Dodgers Phillies first pitch, coming up at three O.
Speaker 1: Eights, joining Tim kats on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 11: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David.
Speaker 2: Bassi, all right, DV.
Speaker 3: Saturday, we saw Roki Susaki come in close it out on the ninth inning.
Speaker 2: Game two tonight.
Speaker 3: Moving forward, will we see Roki again in a same situation?
Speaker 11: You think, yes, he is available, and there is no doubt in my mind that Dave Roberts is going to go to Roki if it is a save situation. Interesting enough, Roki still has a long routine to get warmed up, and after Game one we heard about how Dave Roberts was trying to stall a couple of different ways to be able to give Roki the enough amount of time to be able to warm up because it was a late call to the bullpen to have him ready.
Speaker 4: For the ninth inning.
Speaker 11: We saw a cross up on a pitch between the Phillies JT. Real Mudo and the relief pitcher on the mound for Philadelphia when Sho he O Tommy was squaring around the bunt and got the umpire in the chest and that created a delay. The trainer went out there and also Otani said he took his time going back up to the plate because he was trying to buy time for Roki Sasaki. So that's something to keep in mind that Dave Roberts has to give Roki ample amount of time to warm up to come into the game.
Speaker 3: David is brought to by Ford. It's time to see Ford in a new light. Clayton Kershaw didn't see him in Game one. He's on the roster, he's in the bullpen. How does Kershaw's role play.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it seems like he's the long man in that bullpen, and I talked to him today. That's what he's going into each and every game. There are no plans for him to start in this series. So he's a guy that if a starter isn't going well and it's early in the game, he could be a bridge to the back end of the bullpen. If there's extra innings, he definitely would be a guy that is called upon as well. An interesting part of kershaw I mean he is eighteen years in the league. We all know that it takes a while for him also to get warmed up. It's been a little bit of an adjustment for him because as a reliever, you come out, you throw, you sit down, you get cold again, then you have to get hot again. He also needs a little extra time to know when he's coming in because he needs to get that. As he says carcass onto the.
Speaker 3: Field, it is snell Zilla day with Blake Snell on the mount, David, what do you expect him to do against the Phillies because he's got a pretty good pass against them, right, Yes, he.
Speaker 11: Has done really well against these group of Phillies, and even as recently as three weeks ago at Dodgers Stadium, Bryce Harp two for thirteen in his career against Snell, Kyle Schwarber two for fourteen against Snell in his career right handed side. Trey Turner not much better, two for four in his career against Blake Snell. So the consensus is that Blake Snell needs to continue to pitch to his strengths and not change anything just because of these historic matchups.
Speaker 3: Dave great Stuff will check back in with you in just a little bit. Day's gonna talk with Rick Monday. Also dv's gonna go one on one with Dino Ebel, Dodger third base coach. That's coming up in about fifteen minutes. Coming up next year on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck, we'll get your Dodgers Magical moment. It's Game two of the National League Divisional Series from Philadelphia Dodgers and Phillies.
Speaker 2: First pitch of three oh eight.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kas's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunting on your whole for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Phillies.
Speaker 3: Game two the National League Divisional Series from the Bank. Dodgers up one nothing in this best of five series. Blake Snell and Hayes sus Lezardo. The pitching matchup first Bencent for three oh eights.
Speaker 1: Who wants hot It's time for the Haffy Magical Moment. Pitch Magical by Hawfy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 3: You go back to last year the NLDS Dodgers taken on the San Diego Padres Game one of that series at Dodger Stadium. It was the first career playoff game for show a Otani, and he went.
Speaker 4: Deep cease into his wind up and Old Tony lights it up right up, look in to the post season.
Speaker 1: So hell, Old Tony the game Friday Star.
Speaker 6: Ready for the game's biggest stage, A game time three run, full run.
Speaker 7: Are you nervous?
Speaker 3: Nope, Nope, not when you got show Hey O'tani in his first career playoff home run that helped the Dodgers win Game one seven to five. This Hofey magical moment brought to you by Hofey Hot Talks, Haffey Socas local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Haffey Hot Dogs, Local and so great. Will we continue here on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: We will check back you know, Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: So we're leading you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Phillies from the bank, Game two of the National.
Speaker 2: League Divisional Series.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Katsis the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 3: Lean you up to Dodgers and Phillies on this Monday, Game two of the National League Divisional Series from Philadelphia. Play Snell and hayesus Lozardo the pitching matchup. Time now for the Verizon startup, as we're a little bit more than thirty minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. Visit the Verizon store today.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Bassey. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 11: Rick, it should be another hostile environment here in Philadelphia, but some are suspecting after losing Game one, a very anxious crowd here in Philly.
Speaker 7: Well, it was when we left here the other night after the game. How about this, I saw something, and you know we're gonna throw a lot of numbers out there tonight during the game. Before the game, we may throw some numbers here. You're the scoreboard in the outfield doesn't give a hoot about all the numbers. Well, if the team loses the first game at home versus the first two games at home, which by the way, the team's up two to nothing, the best of five series that won the first two games on the road are thirty one and three in those series, Okay, the Dodgers can make it two and zero. That's all well and good. The scoreboard in the outfield doesn't give a hoot. It carries over to what the score is in tonight's game. I like the Dodgers' chances, and if you look, don't sell the Phillies short. First of all, they're a very talented team. Both of these teams are, and they have lozarda going for them. And you know, you make the argument, last eight or nine starts, he's been equally good if you compare him to other teams. But it's been kind of strange. I mean, if we stay here another thirty six hours, we can probably vote.
Speaker 11: In this town, it feels like a legitimate road trip. During the regular season.
Speaker 7: It's been like Groundhog Day every day. You know, oh, we're still here, because you're not used to that. I mean, normally it's in a town two nights, three nights, and you're gone, and we've been here for what a month?
Speaker 4: It feels that way.
Speaker 11: But as you always talk about with Dave Roberts, the Dodgers are looking for a happy flight. Yes, they already have the split, but they're in a good position to possibly go up two oh and Game three at home.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I think the Dodgers need to understand too, is that they're going to have to play their best baseball. You know, they put on a comfort behind victory, which is all well and good. In fact, you start to look including postseason. Now the Dodgers have fifty comeback victories, and that's exactly what they had to do in Game one. Let me tell you a little sidelight after the victory. The other night, we get a police escort and we're going back downtown. Right, police escort. As we discussed the other day that lights and sirens on police cars, here is just a suggestion at your leisure, would you mind maybe moving over right, So we're tailing the police escort the other night back to the hotel downtown. Guy didn't know where he was going. The bus finally, as we go through an intersection, the police car went. And by the way, we've almost had three accidents because the police car was so far out in front of the bus the people were not stopping. So anyway, we come to this one intersection, the police car continues going straight. Bus driver says, no, this guy doesn't know. Good, we ditched the police escort. We made a rite and finally got to the hotel within about three or four minutes.
Speaker 11: At least you survive. That's a good thing. Yeah, hey, Rick, Speaking of bus rides, we always hear in certain cities when the visiting team wins. Sometimes it could be a little dicey getting out. Did you ever experience as a player the bus being shaken by the fans as you're leaving a stadium.
Speaker 7: Yankee Stadium, arriving with about fifty police officers standing within oh, maybe seventy five feet, The bus was being rock side the side, decide, decide for probably oh three or four minutes, and the police stood there smile. Welcome to New York.
Speaker 11: Well, hopefully the Dodgers don't experience that tonight after they win.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, silly, you.
Speaker 7: Know what this is City of brother love. We talk about it. But hoping tonight we experience what we experienced in Game one of this series. All of a sudden, it went from aracas crowd to a library after the home run by Tasker.
Speaker 11: Certainly a sweet feeling, as some of the Dodger players told me today, how sweet it was to hear the crowd silenced.
Speaker 7: The silence was deafening.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm sure that's the way it was in Montreal back in nineteen eighty one. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, DV. Thank you, Moe Hey.
Speaker 3: Dodger fans join Angel CITYFC all of October at BEBO as they host their final three home games with the regular season tickets at info at angelcity dot com. Plus you can plan ahead for next season yes twenty twenty six with season tickets with Angel CITYFC. Find out all about it at Angelcity dot com. So to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview this pitching matchup be back with Steven Nelson, those keys of the game. But up next we go high and tight with Dodger third base coach Dino e Ball as we lead you up to Game two of the NLDS Dodgers and Phillies. I'm Tim Kases, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio.
Speaker 4: Now, as we were.
Speaker 1: Saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers ontack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's Game two of the Nationally Divisional Series Dodgers and the Phillies Dodgers a one to zero series lead. Game three will be on Wednesday at Dodger Stadium. Blake Snell, heyes, who's Lezardo? The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This it's high and tight.
Speaker 11: It's Game two of the NLDS Snell Zilla Day. Blake's now on the mound for the Dodgers, and we're joined right now by Dodgers third base coach Dino Ebel. Dino, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it always.
Speaker 9: Dave, thanks for having me on talking baseball.
Speaker 11: You've been through a lot of postseason games, You've been in a lot of hostile environments. What was Game one like and what do you expect tonight in Game two?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 9: It's uh, this was definitely you know, loud, kroud, you know for unfortunately for them, we we heard some crickets there when we scored two by Kik and then you know, tail dropping the big bomb to right center. But yeah, our guys are used to I think it plays up guys, you know, elite athletes and pro players, and you know they just when the lights are brighter, they come to play. And our guys are ready for it. Like you said, with our division, with San Diego and the Giants, it's loud always there, and then our crowd is super loud. So it was a great win. We stole the win from him. I felt we came back late and got it. But game two, we're ready for him. So our guys, he had a great workout yesterday and they're here prepared today. So I think it's gonna be a good night for the Dodgers.
Speaker 11: Before we look too far ahead tonight, let's go back to Game one. Is maybe the most overlooked at bat. Freddie Freeman drawing that two out walk against Sanchez to set up Key K's big hit.
Speaker 9: Huge. That's the kind of stuff that especially laid in a game. You know, pitchers maybe struggling with command and Freddie draws that big, big walk and then Key K, mister October for me, he laid into one down the line. So yes, at bats like that, We'll take the starter out of a game in which key K got a good pitch to drive down the line, and he did.
Speaker 11: Have you ever been around a player like keiy K Hernandez who is a role player during the regular season and then turns into mister October never.
Speaker 9: This is this guy. And I said it when I was with the Angels and I when you guys went to Chicago and he hit the three home runs and I was watching it on TV. I said, for some reason, this guy shows up when the you know, the lights are bright. And now being with him over the years and winning two World Series with him, he's just a different player. Some guy's mindsets or he's relaxed, he's confident. He's been in this situation very very looking for the opportunity to cash in when it when the game is on the line, and he delivers. So yes, it's uh. He's so important to us in the playoffs and through the regular season, but he just different player during the playoffs.
Speaker 11: The best third base coach in baseball, Dino Ebel, is joining us before Game two of the NLDS Dodgers versus Phillies, and tonight the Phillies do not have their stars center fielder Harrison Bader. How much does that change things for you at the third base coaching box.
Speaker 9: Well, it changes a lot because he's one of their guys that can cover some ground out in center field. Marsh is out there tonight, which you know, he he's played center before. He knows this park probably better than Beader, but he makes a huge difference for us on the on the offensive end, Bater's arms a little bit better than Marsh's. He probably covers a little bit more ground. So they got Nick and right, and they got Auto Camp in left field. So you know, I'm looking to you know, I know their weaknesses, i know their pluses, and I'm looking to score as many runs as we can off their defense.
Speaker 11: You know, Blake Snell has done really well against this lineup in the past, and even as recently as last month at Dodgers Stadium. When a pitcher has that type of dominance against those group of hitters, what do they fight against trying to change too much? Does he stick to his strengths? What's the chess match there?
Speaker 9: Yeah, you said it, strengths. You know, Blake has been in big games before. He knows this lineup. The other night we were talking down here at the end of the bench. He's eye and all the hitters on what they were missing, what they were hitting. So he looked right at me, he said, wait, wait until Monday night, Dino, And I said, you know, I got the chills when he told me that. He said, I'm ready for him. So again, big players, big time guys that show up when the lights are bright. He's one of those pitchers that tonight's going to be his night.
Speaker 11: Feels like in this environment on this day, whether it's Blake Snell or any other player, you have to embrace it and not run away from it.
Speaker 9: Absolutely. You know, there's a different look on players' faces over the years I've been in this game, including the minor leagues to the big leagues, and sometimes you might see a good look, you know, sometimes you might see a look that you kind of don't like. But there's not too many of those guys at the major league level, especially on this team. Because the veteran players, the young guys playing in front of our home crowd every night expected to win championships. That plays a big part of it. So the other night, when this crowd was on its feet from yeah, any one to the last standing there. It didn't bother or face anybody, including our young guys, which that's kind of stuff. As a coach, I look at and see what kind of look they have on her face, and it's a confident look and ready to get the opportunity to perform on the field.
Speaker 11: Hey, the game never gets too fast on dino Ebol. He has the presence and poise in that third base coaching box and also directing traffic in the Dodgers' outfield. Thanks a lot for the time. The Dodgers are lucky to have you, especially in the postseason.
Speaker 9: Thanks Dave, appreciate it. And let's go Dodgers tonight.
Speaker 11: Let's go Dodgers on Sneil Zilla Day. We'll send it back to you, Tim, all right.
Speaker 4: Thanks a lot.
Speaker 3: DV dino Ebo, one of the best guys in baseball. Always learned something to him every time he is on lead. That's the first pitch Dodgers in the Phillies Game two of this NLDS series coming up.
Speaker 2: Nax will dive deeper into this pitch.
Speaker 4: He match up.
Speaker 2: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kates is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Phillies, Game two the National League Divisional Series. Dodgers a one oh series lead after winning on Saturday and looking to head back to Dodgers Stadium hopefully with the two oh series lead.
Speaker 2: First pitch is coming up at three eights, and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the.
Speaker 3: Pitching matchup presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Work hard in play hard in a New Tacoma with an I Force, turbo charge and gen It's a truck built for the bold.
Speaker 2: See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy.
Speaker 3: Hey. Sous Lozardo on the mound for the Phillies. Twenty eight year old left hander a fifteen game winner during the regular season. A fastball, sweeper change up. He set a career high in wins, innings, pitched strikeouts, quality starts, and tied a career high with thirty two starts. He set a career high also, as we mentioned with the strikeouts, was top ten in a month of September alone, Lazardo threw his change up twenty percent of the time, which is his go to pitch right now, the highest usage of any pitcher in baseball.
Speaker 2: In the month of September.
Speaker 3: His last star of the regular season was against the Marlins seven innings, one run, three hits, ten strikeouts in a win. Lozardo has made five career starts against the Dodgers, holding him to a one ninety two batting average. Dodgers just saw him a couple of weeks ago at Dodgers Stadium. Blake Snell Snell Zilla on the mound for the Blue thirty two year old left hander made just eleven starts during the regular season because of a shoulder injury missed four months. He has posted a two to forty one ERA and sixty eight strikeouts in fifty two and a third Indians since coming off the il. He was spectacular in September, going two to one with a two to twenty one ERA and thirty four strikeouts and four starts. He's allowed two runs in seven Indians while notching his fifth career postseason victory. Back in Game one of the NL Wildcard Series against Cincinnati. He faced the Phillies seven times in his career, one in three with a three forty one ERA forty seven strikeouts going back to his time with the Padres back in twenty twenty two in the NLCS, he beat the Phillies in Game two of that series at Petco Park, going five Indians for the win. Blake Snell, Hey SEUs Lozardo, Dodgers, Phillies. We're fifteen minutes away from the start of Game two of the National League Divisional Series. Keys to the game are next. I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 2: This is the world champion in Los Angeles. Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the flu all season long.
Speaker 3: Getting you're ready for Game two the National League division Little Series from Philadelphia Dodgers and Phillies. Dodgers took Game one on Saturday by a final of five to three. Show Hey Otani got the win to Oscar Hernandez the big three run home run as the Dodgers came back and get the victory. Now up one game to nothing in this best of five series. Plake Snell on the mount here in Game two against leftander hayesus Lozardo first pitch coming up at three to zero eight.
Speaker 2: Before that, though, let's head.
Speaker 3: Back out to the booth one final time, Stephen Nelson, Rick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 13: Tivi Gates, first pitch is coming up quick, Jesus Lizardo against show Hey Oltani, Mookie Betts and Taoscar Hernandez in Game two of the Nation League Division Series, Rick Monday, what are your keys to tonight's game?
Speaker 7: Well, I think both managers in the pregame interviews were very high as far as the compliments to their starting pitchers tonight, and for very good reason. Do you look at Blake Snell, who matched up against Lozardo about two weeks ago Dodgers Stadium. Snell outlasted both went seven innings. Snell did not allow run on two HiT's. Lozarno went seven innings four runs on state, including a couple of home runs, one by Freeman, the other by Otani. But both of these guys will encourage hitters to expand the strength zone. Both have very good off speed pitches, and both of them are also in an area where they can control the game. Lozardo gets very good run support, and Robbie Thompson the manager for the Phillies, thinking, hey, look you look at the last eight or nine out. He's by Lozardo as good as anybody else in the National League.
Speaker 5: I think a huge tim for both clubs is which top three breaks out in Game one? The Phillies triumvirant of Turner, Swarburn, Harper one for eleven with six k's and a walk. The Dodgers side Otani, Betts and Hernandez one for twelve with the walk.
Speaker 4: But of course that.
Speaker 5: One hit was tai Oscar Hernandez's game winning three run home runs. So the which big boys step up in Game two against talented left handed starters Blake Snel, J'suslizardo the Dodgers trying to get greedy and head back.
Speaker 4: To LA up two games to no.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dodgers would love nothing more than to have a happy flight home after Game two tonight of this nl DS as the Dodgers took Game one, of course on Saturday, looking to do so. Here in Game number two, with Blake Snell on the mount of battle of leftanders, hey sus Lozardo on the mount for the Phillies, how big is game two in a five game series?
Speaker 2: Teams up two to zero. On the road are thirty one and three with a two to nothing serious lead, so the.
Speaker 3: Dodgers can get that looking good. We gotta take care of business tonight. Get after that left hander, Hey sus Lozardo, Blake Snell, need him to be Snell Zilla tonight. I'll be back with all the post game in pleading Dodger talk as well.
Speaker 2: Enjoy it. Buckle up, here we go.
Speaker 3: Game two of the NLDS is next from the bank in Philadelphia. I'm tim Ka sis been Moroco Casino Dodgers on deck on the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network LISPS.
Speaker 11: The lispoke to them