Speaker 1: A number one. We just grabbed democratic super duper. That's nice. Might a gono guys, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 2: It is the thirtieth day of July twenty twenty six. Hey, good morning, everybody. Welcome to Thursday morning on the Party at Morning, your best day of the week. I always say that because it is Tommy's here and Ben's here today.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Let's get it on, ladies and gentlemen all most football season. I mean, it's camp. It's happening right now, so we should get the show. Startups from comedy get going. Here's tom Papa Comedy on a Thursday morning on the parchrip. My name is Chris Hockey.
Speaker 1: Come on in.
Speaker 2: I am glad you are here.
Speaker 3: You ever feel like you're such a fat, useless blob of cookie dough that you just started exercising randomly in the middle of some other activity, you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean.
Speaker 3: You're online at the bank all of a sudden. Maybe this will help my went to the cheesecake factory for the first time. This is a company that knows what America wants someday. Oh yeah, let's put factory right in the title. Let these fat tubble ards think they can come sit at the end of a conveyor belt have cheesecakes rammed right down their throats. I like how the waiters are disgusted with our habits. Now you know what's at the end of the meal, they ask her. You're still working on that right now? If you enjoyed yourself, you're still working on shoveling that into your fat skull. Yeah, I'll get you a doggie back.
Speaker 1: We both know you don't have a dog, and if you did, you'd eat.
Speaker 4: It was sunny on your side and he had a crank.
Speaker 1: Can't the distance under this sy.
Speaker 5: July thirtieth, twenty twenty six Powered Trail, Morning Joe, I'm Corey Ko. There's Chris Ahey, there's meat sauce, Paul Lambert, Zach Calverson.
Speaker 1: Check check check? How does this sound?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: An't?
Speaker 5: I can't tell check check check? No, terrible dam.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it. I can't believe nobody fixes it. I can't believe Why do you have to start the show like that?
Speaker 1: I can't I believe trying but that I hurt my heads.
Speaker 2: I believe that it's still doing that. Does anyone listen to our radio show. Who doesn't?
Speaker 1: Who does work here?
Speaker 2: Does anyone listen to our radio show or at the.
Speaker 1: Station at all?
Speaker 2: Or did they fire the entire engineering staff?
Speaker 1: I don't what is going on? They did? Actually, did they fire them all?
Speaker 6: We have one guy for like, well like five markets in the upper Midwest, So yeah they did.
Speaker 5: Man, you know what, we just sounded good for about a second and a half.
Speaker 2: I hurt radio people. Here's what we do for a living. We talk on the radio.
Speaker 7: We have one job, right, one one. If my car doesn't start, I gotta fix it because it has one.
Speaker 5: Job, right, that was in a good mood.
Speaker 2: If waitn me down there. I got a new bit for you guys that you're excited about.
Speaker 1: Is that right? That's right, I'm excited for it.
Speaker 2: You want to hear the introeh Quarterback Battle Press Conference Edition? Sure, I got you some editing.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: Thanks it is. Don't patronize me.
Speaker 1: I never have, I never will. I was waiting for broken Glass? No what wait? What intro has that.
Speaker 2: Has?
Speaker 1: What has the broken glass? The leftovers.
Speaker 2: Which we'll get to in the next segment.
Speaker 1: I love that bit.
Speaker 2: And yes, yes.
Speaker 5: I saw the Odyssey and Imax last night, did you? I didn't, And why why do you assume I'm going to dislike you? Christopher Nolan? That was overwhelming, man, in the in the most incredible way.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 5: Overwhelming is the only word I can come up with. It's just I don't even know how to describe that experience outside of overwhelming.
Speaker 1: That was just freaking epic. Yeah, man, that So I.
Speaker 5: Get home saw it solo because my wife brought the kiddo did gymnastics. I don't mind going to movie so by myself. I did it for my entire twenties. For one, he's a reservation. I have almost ten years of experience as an adult doing that.
Speaker 1: I can.
Speaker 5: I can circle back once in a while and go to a movie by myself, no problem.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: That is so I get home and the kiddo gets home from gymnastics too, and they were like, how was the movie. I'm like, well, I think it would be a good movie if I wash it in my basement, I think it's still going to be good. I don't know if it's ever going to be the same as seeing in the theater. I don't know if I've ever seen a movie that has to be seen in the theater more than that one. The way that the theater seems to shake during some of those storm scenes or battle scenes. How loud it is like when they're in the Horse, Like the sound that Nolan used was overwhelming, you know, like Rosie complained about how loud it was.
Speaker 1: During Dunkirk and other Nolan movie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't imagine how much he's gonna complain about the noise in this one.
Speaker 1: It's it shakes the whole theater, the whole theater. Man. That was that was something else.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen in Imax.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: I bet the noises that the Cyclops makes are overwhelming.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, just the like when he's opening the rock or closing the rock or Jesus Man.
Speaker 1: And I'll say this, yeah, all of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll say the The only thing I can say about the acting, and this is this is gonna sound like I'm starting to rip it.
Speaker 1: It's it's not. It's a three hour movie.
Speaker 5: I thought the first ten or fifteen minutes when I saw Matt Damon, it just looked like Matt Damon in a Halloween costume. I'm like, that's Matt dressing up as like a Trojan warrior, right, like it just looked like that's clearly Matt Damon. That's not Odysseus, that's Matt Damon. Three hours in you're like, what a freaking performance like he is?
Speaker 1: You know, he just becomes that character. By the end of the movie. What a performance by that dude.
Speaker 5: I don't know if that's who I would have picked for the role, but by the end of the movie you're convincing like, oh, dude, they made the right choice for sure.
Speaker 1: Man, Now I.
Speaker 5: Can't not hear the freaking tinny echo in my voice?
Speaker 1: Can I ask a quite six inches behind this thing? What am I supposed to do?
Speaker 8: I'm not trying to get anybody going, But do you think when they were recording the Cyclops sound, do you think if it had like a tiny sound to it, do you think no one would go that's okay.
Speaker 5: I think you would have said, cut, let's do this again. This CGI Cyclops is not sounding right. But I don't think it was CGI right.
Speaker 8: Didn't they say that hawk what that it isn't like it's not CGI, like they built something.
Speaker 1: I mean that that I thought that was the.
Speaker 5: Thing I have Maybe they maybe it was like a motion capture thing like an Andy Serkis situation. But I mean that wasn't real. That was a billion feet tall?
Speaker 2: Do you think the Cyclopes?
Speaker 1: No, this is? This is? Uh?
Speaker 8: They a physical six story tall mechanical structure was operated on set, sure.
Speaker 5: But it still was like a motion capture thing. There's no way that was just a puppet. That's definitely computer generated.
Speaker 8: It says it was a practical sixty foot animatronic puppet.
Speaker 1: That they put inside that cave.
Speaker 8: It says the Odyssey is not the Cyclops and the Odyssey is not CGI.
Speaker 5: I gotta I have so many follow ups because I don't.
Speaker 1: Know how that's possible.
Speaker 2: So like, so, well is so?
Speaker 1: But how is it not like foot tall?
Speaker 5: How is it not like an Andy Sirkus situation like from Gollum or whatever.
Speaker 2: Or like a playmation.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: They said they built a six You can keep reading it. It still doesn't make any sense. I mean, there's no way that this was just a flat out puppet. It moved way too quote realistic. There's no way.
Speaker 2: As much as I loved the movie, loved it, and I love Mad Damon, there were a couple of moments that made me laugh out loud in the theater where nobody else laughed out loud first time I saw it, when Matt Damon in the cave turns around and goes, I think he's sleep. Did you not hear? I don't know what to do with my hands? Or did you not hear? I think she bought it? All right?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's one.
Speaker 5: And then it was by the way, three seconds after the cyclops laid down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, how are you not crapping your pants? Right right? You're stuck?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's a cyclops. Never seen one of those before? Do they sleep? Who knows? So that's number one. Number two when they were running from the Giant Nights and there were two guys who were Carl Lewis and the rest of the guys were normal runners. If you watch it again, there there's there are two guys who are cartoon fast running like wild E coyote running, which made me laugh out loud.
Speaker 1: But great film, it really was. Yeah. Yeah, But like I said, now, I don't know if I'm.
Speaker 5: Ever going to watch it again because I I don't know if I could get.
Speaker 1: Pumped to watch it at home.
Speaker 5: Going in took that not to say it again it's the same thing I felt that I've never seen Dunkirk again.
Speaker 1: I freaking loved Dunkirk. It was awesome.
Speaker 5: Bullets felt like they were flying right over your head. The sound effects were so uh so clear. Yeah, that was a great I don't know if the Odyssey would translate as well at home.
Speaker 1: It's still good. Don't know if it would be this good.
Speaker 5: This is a theater movie a thousand times out of a thousand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great, man, it really is great. I like the old lady Witch who turns guys into pigs and the Lady's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah you would. Ye didn't know that was coming. That was awesome. Again, I didn't know the story at all.
Speaker 5: Right, the most of the story that I know is just the Coen Brothers version of.
Speaker 1: Old brother We're out now, right. I get that gis, but I don't.
Speaker 5: You don't have to know the story at all, going in coming completely clean.
Speaker 1: I loved it.
Speaker 5: It's not a difficult story to follow, right, It's a guy that's just trying to get home.
Speaker 1: How about Callip so yep, that was great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they were all great all. Anne Hathaway was great. Tom Hollands, I felt the same way about Tom Holland as I did about Matt Damon first ten to fifteen minutes, I'm like, did they just did they really pick Spider Man for this role?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 5: But by the end of it, you're like, dude, did a great job. Yeah, everybody sold it. By the ends, Robert Pattinson can act too.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's great.
Speaker 2: What a dangerous role for that guy.
Speaker 1: Let's keep going back to the Nolan filmography.
Speaker 5: Yeah, uh, Tennant is not one of his better movies because it's so freaking confusing. It's awesome, but it's also like, I don't even know how to explain what's happening. But that was the movie that I'm like, oh, this guy could be badman, Like when they announced he was going to be bad, I'm like, this kid can act.
Speaker 1: I never watched Twilight. Same thing with The Odyssey.
Speaker 5: You're like Robert Pattinson and then by the end of the movie you're like, I hate this guy. What a great actor, and he so good pisses you off so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's such a bad guy you almost don't recognize.
Speaker 1: Him, right, correct, I mean, yeah.
Speaker 2: He almost becomes a different person. I I Yeah, he was freaking great.
Speaker 1: I don't think there was one bad performance in the entire film.
Speaker 2: And the Doggy Tale yep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, damon walking around like obi wan canobia.
Speaker 1: What about not? All of it was awesome. Yeah. The Dark Knight, I mean yeah.
Speaker 5: When the gates open and you're standing there and you're like Jesus.
Speaker 1: Oh super cool. That was badass. Yeah.
Speaker 2: When the gates open and he's standing there, he's bigger than life.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great film.
Speaker 1: That was fun. It was very good. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Worth seeing an imax too. I shout down to the old Eden Prairie mall as well.
Speaker 1: Good theater. Yeah, it really is. Good job.
Speaker 2: Everybody did good.
Speaker 5: Everybody did a good. Shout out to Christopher Dolan. Keep going, buddy, you're doing good things.
Speaker 2: Ask him if he can fix a microphone?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet he could.
Speaker 8: What in the you know, let's say, in the climax of the scene, when he does this bit and the microphone has a tinny sound to it, do you think they just leave it in?
Speaker 2: Moving on.
Speaker 5: Check the gate's what's funny is too, is we get yelled at for complaining about this? I don't I get yelled They go, why do you guys just keep complaining about it on the air? Well, listen to that.
Speaker 1: Can you not hear? How awful that sounds?
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna I'm a p one for real? He mentions it from time to time, does he?
Speaker 1: I can't believe it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He sat over here for a while. Yeah, I mean, come on, I.
Speaker 2: Wonder if is there a morning show now on?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Season ninety seven. I don't really know.
Speaker 1: I don't know anymore.
Speaker 2: I bet if we went into their studios and did a show it sounded.
Speaker 1: Maculate, I bet it would.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how long it take Ossey has to get home?
Speaker 1: Like twenty years? Yeah? What happens first? Oh? He gets home? For sure?
Speaker 5: What happens first? This microphone gets fixed? Or I spend all weekend working on my gutters.
Speaker 8: Well, if you have gutter helmet from Gutterhelmet mn dot com, you don't have to worry about that. You don't have to worry about the breed getting in your gutters. Just go to Gutterhelmet mn dot com. Don't waste a weekend on a ladder.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks Rosie.
Speaker 5: All right, Tommy, I'll shaer us up right. He'll be here any second. That's that's the key here, Tommy, you'll get us going and leber in about an hour and a half as well.
Speaker 1: This is the power Trim morning show on the fan.
Speaker 2: Press top tradition. Still sleeping on that old bed mattress.
Speaker 3: Firm Sleep experts can help you choose the perfect upgroup.
Speaker 2: You guys, Ready for the best bit on the radio, the most interesting bit on the radio, the thing everybody is waiting for every morning when they wake up and turn on the radio.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, the leftol, that's me.
Speaker 2: That's brilliant listening to that my microphone and going out the window.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'll just throw it out the window.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's coming with me.
Speaker 1: Sorry diddy.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I'm gonna have a guy for it. I'm gonna go over there and start pushing buttons. See what happens.
Speaker 1: Well, good luck to you. I don't know whatever.
Speaker 2: Endangered Houston toads no breeding again at two central Texas sites where they had nearly vanished. The Texas Parks and Wildlife and the Houston Zoo have confirmed adult populations of Bass trop State Park and Griffith League Ranch where these toads are getting it on. The Houston toads. They disappeared from Houston in nineteen seventy five because the habitat loss and microphones good. The milestone follows the release of one and a half million bread eggs this year. That's a lot of eggs, and who harvested those and how did they count them?
Speaker 1: Hell on? And how they turned the bread point.
Speaker 2: Scientists still don't know if the wild populations can't survive without continued releases. But there's one guy who's going to keep breeding them in. His name is Jeff Lambert.
Speaker 1: Were here tomorrow he will?
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: It makes sense that he breeds.
Speaker 5: Toads because your favorite animal is a frog. I know, but you love that genre of animal and pornography.
Speaker 1: Hawk loves which genre?
Speaker 2: All of them?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And old lady genre from the Odyssey That Hawk would bang that ship? Are you kidding? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 8: She's mean Superman Superman, she's magical, lives by herself, kind of stay quiet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, lots of p words as you walk, did you walk up to you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He would, for sure.
Speaker 2: I talk to the toad breeder in the press conference. Oh yeah, said Jeff Leppard. Jeff Lepper, Jeff Leppard.
Speaker 1: For cover band Jeff DA. How did that never happen? No, kidding.
Speaker 2: I said, Jeff Leppard, how do you breed these frogs?
Speaker 1: Least he's honest, is he? I mean, who is Jeff Leppard? At Least he's honest. Do toads hallucinate when they look each other? Good point? They claim that they do, but they're faking.
Speaker 2: If Sauce is doing it, then somebody is hallucinating.
Speaker 1: And I just lost to bet the left. You lost yesterday night.
Speaker 2: Jesus, that's loud yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not toad licking, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, you licked a toad estory.
Speaker 1: No, but I get what you guys are insinuating.
Speaker 2: New research has linked heavy television viewing to brain damage.
Speaker 1: Hi means, Sauce.
Speaker 2: The study published in Alzheimer's Dementia the Journal.
Speaker 8: I mean, what kind of circulation does that to publication?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Is the swimsuit issue just completely crush?
Speaker 8: What a depressing magazine?
Speaker 10: Sure, I think they're relying on people forgetting that they subscribed.
Speaker 2: For the last time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hawk does that with all kinds of magazines.
Speaker 2: I like to keep them in business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, Jeff Leppard, you love Jeff Leppard?
Speaker 11: Do you have cancer? Stroke the magazine?
Speaker 2: Jesus, I have stroked the magazine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it definitely does.
Speaker 2: The findings which she examined PARTICI spends brains using MRI scans showed the men who frequently watched TV had more white matter damage not this month man, Yeah, which is associated with cognitive decline in dementia. It also showed smaller frontal and occipital lobes areas that are vulnerable to Alzheimer's disease. Researchers emphasized that the biggest concerns extended periods.
Speaker 8: Of mass speaking of total Buddy, the living hell out of good to see it now, It's okay, I like it when you do it.
Speaker 2: Anyway. Researchers emphasized that the biggest concern is extended periods of passive screen time, like I wonder if there's a link between CTE and watching NFL films.
Speaker 5: This is my question, and I'm not trying to defend myself because Avid Things, I watched twenty seven hours of TV a day.
Speaker 2: That's right, Abbo Things. The mic sounds good too.
Speaker 1: Why so he has a lot of really good opinions.
Speaker 5: I am very uncomfortable with sign It's like I don't go on silent walks, like if I go for a walk outside.
Speaker 1: I'm listening to a podcast.
Speaker 5: Right when I get home, the first thing I do is turn on the radio, turn on a TV, or turn on a podcast. Like, I don't walk around a silent house. That freaks me out and makes me uncomfortable. So even though I'm not actively watching TV, I am listening to something almost every second i'm awake. Almost every second i'm awake, the Ben Malor Show is on within thirty seconds of my alarm going off. You know what I'm saying, Like my day starts with noise. Yeah, yeah, So I don't know how that's good for your brain. So am I watching a ton of TV? Technically no, But I'm listening to something including TV twenty four hours a day.
Speaker 2: It don't spress me because I got in your car with you that one time he gave me a ride, and as soon as the radio come on, I heard this, like, this is what you listen to.
Speaker 1: I just gotta have noise. Are you trying to just like like run away from your thoughts.
Speaker 5: No, I'm just trying to consume something and maybe not sit in silence.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I just don't. Yeah, I can't work in silence.
Speaker 5: I can't walk in silence, like I gotta listen to something.
Speaker 1: I'm similar that way.
Speaker 9: But I need to be I can't be alone. Core your cars on Is that similar or is that different? I mean it's the same concept. You have somebody to talk.
Speaker 1: I might have to look into that, but Corey, I get you. Silence is not good. I mean, yeah, my mind starts racing, so I like being distracted. Same. I feel like I'm going by myself in science, or I feel like I'm wasting time. Yea. Even if you're listening to somebody, at least is bringing you joy. At least it's doing something.
Speaker 5: It's the exact same way people that stare into nothingness on an airplane.
Speaker 1: How do you not when they raw dog it? What are you doing? It's unbelievable, Like, at least watch a movie. At least get something, happiness something, get one thing. Yeah, we watch like the light tracker.
Speaker 10: Yeah, those people are finger cycle passed that watched the flight flick the flight tracker something yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I love it. You actually watch that? Yeah, and listen to Dave or something.
Speaker 8: Sure, or I you know, I'll switch back to see how much I'm impatient?
Speaker 1: Shocking. I like to see how far we are.
Speaker 2: You should patient.
Speaker 1: I'm with you. Every time a long flight international flights. Right.
Speaker 5: When a movie ends, the first thing I do is before I pick the next movies, let's check the flight tracker. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I try to avoid it sometimes I just I want to surprise myself with how little time we have one man.
Speaker 1: Corey Coy when he's listening later, so I want to sit in silence. Yeah, silence is weird. I don't like it at all.
Speaker 2: So get tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get to core Do you know what your microphone situations? Like, I was thinking about it. Go on. It's like you're readich meatballs are going I tell you what.
Speaker 9: Everything else in this building looks so good, right, it looks fantastic in here. Whatever they've done, it's looks great.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like.
Speaker 9: If we were playing, Like if we were playing let's say Indiana this year, right, number one in the country, and you know you're grade out great, but the end of the day you're still lost, you know, graded out of like a ninety two solo.
Speaker 1: But you sound like you're underwater.
Speaker 2: That sounds like you've been through them.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure many times, you guys. Oh by every post game Man. By the way, I think I got an idea. No, I love it, don't hold on. I got it.
Speaker 2: I got an effect for you, for Tommy, right.
Speaker 1: No, I still gotta work on it. I still got I'm still workshopping. We got them. Is it an on air idea or off air right now?
Speaker 9: No, it's for actually for me to maybe bring some content to the show, not just random yells. You know, I got an idea, but I'm still workshoping, right, It's like an announcement of announcement.
Speaker 1: How about that? You guys, are you going to tell us off the air or do you want to keep working on it? Probably it works it with you guys. Before I say.
Speaker 9: Anything about it, I truly think it's a good idea, truly, Like you guys, know, I.
Speaker 1: Got some idea somebody A lot of people you do, a lot of people don't like him. And then I got another one.
Speaker 10: First some of them you've been told to stop.
Speaker 1: I got a really good idea.
Speaker 9: For November, for our trip. Now that we can openly talk about the trip, I got another really good idea for that love that know, like that one is a guaranteed lock.
Speaker 1: You guys will love it, especially Hawk especially.
Speaker 5: Can I share with the class are text yesterday?
Speaker 1: Do you care if I read our text out? Good?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So Chris, if you remember tomorrow you're playing Initials.
Speaker 1: Correct tomorrow the four you're playing Julia.
Speaker 5: Daniels, Julia Daniels, Tommy.
Speaker 1: Olsen, Eric or Quiz Jeff Lambert. Right.
Speaker 5: So I text Tommy and I'm like, hey, what's your plan for Friday? And He's like, well, what do you want me to do? I could come in just Friday, I could do the whole show. I'm like, well, I think Parish might come in early like you did last week. So why don't we just do normal Thursday and you can come in whenever you want Friday morning before the game. And I'm like, well, Julia is probably rolling in around seven thirty, Lauda Slambert and LORDO obviously a.
Speaker 1: Little bit later, and.
Speaker 5: Let me find the exact text. Uh, you said Julia around seven thirty, I'll be there at seven twenty nine, And I said, you know she's a girl, right, And then you sent me a gift of Jim Carrey basically nodding his head, So.
Speaker 1: You will be here one minute before she gets here. I'll in the door. Okay, fair enough, I trap honestly, my idea is about about Julia. It's about Julia. She meant she has never been to Vegas. I say we all pony up some dell and bring her out.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think Chris would would cover the building in full.
Speaker 1: What do you mean I don't have to? Actually, what if we just tell Rosie that she needs a mentor for it?
Speaker 9: How about how about the winner of the initials tournament gets a free trip.
Speaker 1: A j doesn't like Vegas. I don't think he. I don't think you'd want to go. We brought up Julia. Oh did you guys watch Thrones this last weekend?
Speaker 9: Why is it every scene now? I feel like they're going to make out. I don't know why every scene?
Speaker 1: Who's they the the high towers?
Speaker 9: Do you know when they're looking out into the like there's a there's a shot towards the end where they're looking outside the.
Speaker 1: Windows to looks like they're about get it on. But like every scene now is getting sexuals? Yeah they are.
Speaker 10: This This is me watching God another thing you might need to work out with someone else. Yeah, why I don't like silence?
Speaker 9: Running away bro oh and saucy thank you. The was on yesterday. Great having criesel on Wednesdays. It's really cool. You guys were talking about when I brought Taco Bell to Circa.
Speaker 1: Right, you held back. I did I help the video?
Speaker 9: The video was on you and you were like, yeah, Tommy's listening.
Speaker 1: You really you thought you thought of it? I did, thank you.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 9: In that uber ride with with set her home, I got a little handsy and oh.
Speaker 1: My god, what and I I had a hard time holding my PM. Let's just put it that way. I might have. I might have. I might have had a little puddle on myself before I got out of it.
Speaker 8: Puddle of mone and who's so kind? They picked up the tab for the p and the.
Speaker 9: Sent her home, laid down two hundred bucks, and he walked me to my room, showered me off, and we got back.
Speaker 1: Into the hot and the showered you off. I needed a cigarette.
Speaker 5: That was good to see the end of July in time. He's like, I think I have a really good idea for the show. What's that bringing julietto Vegas and November.
Speaker 8: We just said thanks for holding it off, and then he told the story.
Speaker 1: You pushed yourself yeah, yes.
Speaker 5: Jay Schwartz's next Power trop morning show on the van from the one eight hundred ask Garrett Number.
Speaker 6: Fifth and sixth Thursday Night's comedy show has reached capacity, but the wait list is still open. Make sure to listen to Power Trip for chances to win your way in and be there Friday morning with no registration needed for live broadcast Vegas Trip in November, with the show up for grab details at kfan dot com.
Speaker 1: It's for you Lash two five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry it was quiet while he was talking.
Speaker 1: Music. Is it ever music in the car? It's never music at home?
Speaker 9: Okay, So like these hundred degree days, can we talk driveway club for a minute?
Speaker 1: Go on, I know you don't do it in the winter. Do you do it in the summer?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: Auto starting? Now that might be even worse. Why are you so against it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't get the raw dog aspect of it.
Speaker 2: Let's become a thing now, Yeah, it's big, it's your bit. Yeah, he can't do it now right now?
Speaker 5: I got my routine. I'm a creature of happy you are.
Speaker 1: That's fair. That's so I met somebody that good for you. Finally, Sorry, I'm just the name off the wall. Yeah, his name was actually Wade. Can you guys for work? And that was the second day. It was like for training.
Speaker 9: You started the show and I go he was on Wait wait I said it up.
Speaker 5: Nobody understood that, you guys, I was in Kentucky.
Speaker 1: No one cares. They don't get your bits. No, but he.
Speaker 9: Goes, I have six of the same shirt, six of the same pants, six of the same hat.
Speaker 1: I'm like a guy up north would like you.
Speaker 5: I have seven of this. Yeah that's I so I can do laundry about once a week and never have.
Speaker 1: To you know this? Yeah? From friends? Yeah, yeah, I know what? Do not know that?
Speaker 9: Several when she's horny, she's explaining the Chandler the Erogen Show.
Speaker 1: Here's what I'm talking about. I thought that was the Chopper from your famish music. Did that that sound like the Chopper a little bit? Yeah? Sorry, you guys, I'm all over the bord. No good, keep it going, okay yet nothing? Are you guys super excited for football season? Hell? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Did you guys see what PJ said? No joke, This is actually pretty cool. A couple of good nuggets from Big ten.
Speaker 1: Let's two sports. Let's talk me a couple of good nugget.
Speaker 5: Yeah, uh, Timmy, that I know what you're sports Presented by Holiday Station Stores. Holiday Station Stores for a limited time, get three Red Bulls for six fifty three for six fifty, mixing match and the flavors of Red Bull.
Speaker 1: You want, so go, wake up, get some wings, get some Red Bull at Holiday Thanks Holiday, amazing hot.
Speaker 5: You're going to see some amazing hot rods getting gash then you walk in, you get some red Bull.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have to talk.
Speaker 9: To We have to talk to Langdon Langdon, ma'am about the circle k and holiday merger.
Speaker 1: I want to hear more about it, Langdon. He works at Carameu. No he doesn't. He's a holiday now look at Tommy knowing things that we don't know. Yeah, he's great work stuff. Oh right on, so you ran into them. Oh no, he's a dairy queen.
Speaker 2: That's close.
Speaker 1: That's similar. I need to take at a little too much.
Speaker 5: We should ask somebody a dairy queen, what's going on with holiday and so?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Warren Buffett, any idea what's up a circle k?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm sorry. No, you're doing great.
Speaker 5: We love it. We love holiday though so so tell me what PJ said that you're excited.
Speaker 1: I think the coolest nugget that came out of yesterday.
Speaker 9: Minnesota is the only Big Ten team bringing back their head coach, their offensive coordinator, their defensive coordinator, and their starting quarterback.
Speaker 1: I think it's a big nugget. I think it's really a bigger deal than anything.
Speaker 2: It's interesting.
Speaker 1: It actually is. It is.
Speaker 2: No, it is.
Speaker 1: And I said this in the spring and I'll say it again. If we can figure.
Speaker 9: Out our right tackle situation and run the ball in the upper half of the Big Ten upper half, if we end the season with rushing yards in the top top eight of the Big Ten, we will have nine wins.
Speaker 2: Tommy, Yeah, some of the un related to once said, and I quote, yeah, a man is as faithful as his option. Okay, could it be that there was nowhere.
Speaker 1: For for Drake to go for any of them? Uh, that's a great question.
Speaker 9: I may there's a there's there's a possibility there for sure.
Speaker 1: But like Drake, think about it. If you're a quarterback, wouldn't you rather go into assistant.
Speaker 9: That you're actually like confident in after two and a half years. I think there's an argument to be made there, oh with you, and for Drake to be like the guaranteed solidified. This is your team, this is your starter, not have to go earn it again. I think there's something to be said there too, and have a lot of confidence.
Speaker 2: And maybe there were other options. He didn't think any of.
Speaker 1: Them were better than this, right exactly.
Speaker 2: I would like to know. That would be a cool story. Who who reached out to Drake and offered him cash. I gotta believe people did right.
Speaker 1: Just based strictly on potential. Norman Dale, yep, Steve Bordo.
Speaker 5: I'm excited, I mean serious, I have a big time quarterback now to replace Mendoza.
Speaker 1: Who do they have?
Speaker 9: They did have someone transferring the massive name.
Speaker 1: I think they got the biggest quarterback and what's his name? Massive Cuban through he has they have unlimited money. They can do whatever they want, so they're gonna be loaded up again.
Speaker 5: But what if Langdon asks Warren Buffett for some of that Berkshire Hathaway money and we can pay some quarterbacks?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know right now?
Speaker 2: Doesn't he work at dairy Queen?
Speaker 5: But you sure you got one by Warren Buffett?
Speaker 9: Can I tell you right now, right now, this offensive line we have three of them will get drafted in.
Speaker 1: The next two years and then and then drafted. Man, they're gonna institute is gonna get drafted. You guys, our team has a chance.
Speaker 8: You.
Speaker 2: I just like having fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like having fun. And our defense is going to be nuts.
Speaker 8: A landed top transfer Josh Hoover from TCU.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, Sauce.
Speaker 2: Anybody when to do the Hoover joke?
Speaker 1: No, we're good, Okay, thanks to appreciate you, Sauce. You like sports. I do name the last three.
Speaker 5: College football national champions Indiana.
Speaker 1: You can get this? Did you get it? Tommy gets the bit? Yeah, you know there's there's a nugget on this that happened. Can I give you a clue. Yeah, we've played them.
Speaker 8: Oh it's Indiana Ohio State and nailed it.
Speaker 5: The last three national champs from the Big ten?
Speaker 1: They did they ever beat him? We've played him on the road the past three years. That's the hardest.
Speaker 5: Said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a big difference.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's hear it.
Speaker 9: Do you know how you try to like get people going me on Twitter? Me I have to publicly say this, give it it?
Speaker 1: Really bothered the gopher stuff.
Speaker 9: If I'm drinking, there's a chance I might respond to I know you're doing it to make people mad, like it fires me up.
Speaker 1: You should hear my dad, He goes, is that Paul a good guy? My dad, he's a great guy. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 5: Speaking of getting fired up, this is mass we're trolling the listeners, Tommy.
Speaker 1: But do you know? I don't think you know.
Speaker 5: Otherwise you would have said, do you know what the Power Trip is doing? We can't say it on the area yet, but you must not know because you haven't said anything.
Speaker 1: You would You cannot wait, you haven't told me something.
Speaker 5: You know it's going to be your favorite things of all time?
Speaker 1: Are you guys just saying I'm not saying this.
Speaker 5: No, this is a real thing, but yeah, this is the real you're not I don't think it's one hundred percent that. I don't think the dates locked in yet. I think it's narrowed down, but I don't think the dates locked in. So I can't even say what it is yet. This is the announcement of the announcement.
Speaker 1: We're actually doing so.
Speaker 5: But I can just tell that you weren't told yet because otherwise you to kick down the door and be like you guys for sure, guys, are you're not? You're not, You're not. I'll tell you off the air. By the way, so Zach people can you'll have the overhead cam on during the break?
Speaker 1: Correct? Yeah? In silence? Should we not?
Speaker 6: I mean, should we have his reaction live on the air when we do finalize it. I feel like you should say that because he will.
Speaker 1: You can't do this to me.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: So this is the lyrist tease ever.
Speaker 5: Watch just the silent cam during the commercial break, and we'll tell Tommy what world will eventually say in the air. But watch Tommy's you know, mind reaction to the news.
Speaker 1: Zech does the chat out there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but this is just gonna be a silent watch.
Speaker 1: Of your reaction.
Speaker 6: Will I'll narrate it. I won't well obviously won't have the mics on, but we'll have it full screen. So YouTube.
Speaker 1: This deal.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be You're gonna.
Speaker 5: Think we're making this up because it sounds like something that you would have asked us to do and have laughed at. Come on, yeah, we're doing it.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be enormous.
Speaker 5: This is real let's have a break so we can tell you at dot com slash watch if you want to see Tommy as happy as he has ever been in the history of the Power to Morning.
Speaker 1: Okay and sauce.
Speaker 6: Film it with like your phone or whatever, and then we'll push it out like whenever we actually do make the announcement. Well, it'll be fun to hear Tommy's reaction too.
Speaker 1: It's just.
Speaker 5: It's it's exponentially bigger for you than anybody else.
Speaker 1: But you're gonna love it, don't care, Okay, Okay, Wow, Okay, this is fantastic. I love this.
Speaker 5: Should we tell you? Yeah, we'll do what really matters after this more the power trimonies you after this on the fan.
Speaker 1: Every weekday Jim.
Speaker 2: Along with big deck dot com.
Speaker 1: What to help you win? Will you be?
Speaker 8: No, don't say your guests, we all that will be.
Speaker 1: That will be.
Speaker 9: Quite my like a top three day that happens in my life.
Speaker 5: I mean, it was like somebody drew it up for you even more than us. Right, it's more for you than us.
Speaker 1: You know what, we've workshopped it if we've thought about it this past.
Speaker 9: Yeah, pretty cool, right, it's the coolest thing we've ever thought of.
Speaker 1: It'll be cool. You will love it more than anything we've done on here for thirty.
Speaker 5: Chris, you were in the other room watching on campeon dot com. What did it look like watching Tommy hear the news on mute? He was?
Speaker 2: He was, Well, I saw and people back, ma'am. I saw his nipples go around, not even.
Speaker 1: Did I actually yeah, yes.
Speaker 2: I mean I could hang my keys from your nipples right now?
Speaker 1: Do you guys do that on purpose?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 5: Ever?
Speaker 9: Hard your nipples and a shirt to make it look like you're not that's not possible.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's not possible. No, yeah, it is by touching them. Yeah, like rubbing your nipples will.
Speaker 5: By the way, just this is this is a joke for five people. But just to clarify your guess was wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your wrong. We're talking about the other idea that's actually happening. I know that's better for your guess.
Speaker 9: No, Like when you have a shirt that doesn't fit that well and you don't want it to look like like you're like extreme, like you want to look a little tighter, and you rub your nipples to make it look a little harder. Don't say you I don't know, why wouldn't I know, like you pinch him to make it look a little better.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not no, no, but.
Speaker 9: I don't say that's why I do it, to make it harder, to make it look more interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm going back to what we were talking about. Okay, For a moment, I was like, I can't believe how serious it is, being like you looked like the I mean, I can't even like you opened up a Christmas present and it literally was the greatest thing you'd ever seen.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, that's a good way of describing.
Speaker 2: It, Like this is exactly what I wanted.
Speaker 1: Like when I got N sixty four for the first time.
Speaker 9: Exactly Like, no, because I like didn't even say it's it's so what I've wanted for so long that.
Speaker 1: It it was hard to react.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was hard to actually have a reaction.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's it looked like, I mean you didn't know how to react.
Speaker 10: Yeah, like you were genuinely emotional. Well yeah, a lot of things well en out at the same time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well think about it, you guys, like that's everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So but let's let's slow our role because here's the deal. When when this announcement actually comes out. This is the announcement of the announcement. I think most people are going to be relatively underwhelm. They're gonna be like, that's cool. Right, that's the reaction. That's an actual normal reaction.
Speaker 1: I gotta be kind of cool. Yeah. But then I hope they understand.
Speaker 5: That you will think it's the greatest thing you've ever heard.
Speaker 1: We will have it will be unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is a it's a really cool idea. It's going to be fun, great opportunities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and for for most.
Speaker 5: People that listen to the show, they're gonna be like, that's kind of cool. I might I might check that out for you. This is a ten out of ten.
Speaker 1: This is heaven on Earth. Most listeners will be one.
Speaker 5: You were talking about No again, your idea.
Speaker 1: I think that's actually your.
Speaker 2: Guests and the other thing could happened to I don't care talk.
Speaker 5: This is America. You can fly to Key West. I am you know that's not but he going Key West.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, if you keep a secret, I'll go ahead and go to that place with you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, like on that weekend, yes, yes, but you guys, think of that day, which one.
Speaker 1: Act all day it's gonna be fun like your dream come true. No, it actually is. And like how like if we picked the correct.
Speaker 5: Day, that'll be yep, and a lot of promises fulfilled, right, A lot of things that have been hovering for years will finally come to fruition.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get there. I do you, Tommy. I have some followup questions about it after, but yeah, sure.
Speaker 8: We might not have answers, but the actual idea or your idea well either either way, Let's do.
Speaker 5: What really matters scores and staffs around the world of sports. And it's brought to you by Ovo Lasik and Lens Go get Lasik from doctor Mark loving Off and doctor David White and the great staff at Ovo Lasik and Lens.
Speaker 1: Yes, Sir, Advertising Works. My friend Petie went in for his consultation. Oh, pea sauce, popa PETI.
Speaker 9: He's actually he's moving in with his girlfriend this big week.
Speaker 1: For Papa's moving in with Hawk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're getting the room together. I'm gonna invite the entire family.
Speaker 1: We might come on that trip with us. Okay.
Speaker 5: The San Jose Yorks and Maclan Celebrini signed a five year, ninety four million dollar extension. The eighteen point eight annual average makes him the highest paid player in the NHL, and he's twenty years old. He's twenty years old twenty set a Sharks franchise record last year with one hundred and fifteen points. Also had the second most goals in a season in team history with forty five.
Speaker 1: The number one pick in the twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: Four drafts already is the real deal, of course, and he's on the cover of NHL twenty seven. You know, one of the next big things, right, yeah, badard in Celebrini. All these young kids are freaks. Five years ninety four million for Macklan. Celebrini could name too years old.
Speaker 11: Great name twenty He's the real deal, man, He's really fun.
Speaker 2: I don't think I know any Maclins, do you.
Speaker 1: I do not, no, no, remember Jeremy Macklin wide receiver. Is he from Missouri? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I think you're correct.
Speaker 9: And I'm a couple of girls that go by Mac for Mackenzie.
Speaker 2: That's yep.
Speaker 1: Thanks to.
Speaker 5: All of us.
Speaker 1: Were trying to pig of a drill. What is this? Thanks Tom?
Speaker 2: Was was that Mac also a MacLane at one point?
Speaker 1: Well we will see here in Key Wes. You're just gonna give it away again.
Speaker 2: Just say thanks for not saying that. By the way, I pissed my pants.
Speaker 8: Yeah, thanks correct telling everybody I pissed myself.
Speaker 2: There's there's a there's a chance that if I if I pissed myself in a cab with with people, I'd kill everybody there was in the cab. I never told anybody. I would definitely not go on the radio and tell everybody that I pissed myself. Sure, but you are Tommy.
Speaker 11: In an uber by the way, just some dude's car.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, good point. Yeah you didn't get a good rating. Now, well he was just hoping somebody shower them off.
Speaker 2: Coffee can provide similar hydrating qualities to water, and there's no evidence that it causes dehydration. It's a wives tail.
Speaker 1: Really, I did know that.
Speaker 11: I thought you didn't know maffeine was a dehydrant.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but it's like so little like it's just they used to tell us in football if you're gonna have caffeine and have coffee.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe that's all I know.
Speaker 5: But wasn't it random McDaniel that had the entire pot of coffee essentially every.
Speaker 2: Every morre, every day a pot, not.
Speaker 5: Just a glass, a pot of coffee every day.
Speaker 1: Who's the Dan Campbell? You know about his orders right? No, he gets two venty iced coffees with triple shots in each. That's how he starts his day. Jesus, every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a lot, man, He's a big dude, but that's a lot.
Speaker 1: Today. I had six shots of espresso when I woke up. Yep, and now two energy drinks. Jesus.
Speaker 8: And your bags are packed for Key West, and your nipples are real.
Speaker 1: Hard, real hard. You look great.
Speaker 2: And that shirt it looks like it's twenty blow in that studio.
Speaker 1: Hey, you have a fun fact about the power Trip. Go on history a history thing.
Speaker 9: Go on baby, five years ago yesterday, Carl Ropman.
Speaker 2: Guests are no kidding.
Speaker 1: Five years ago. Yeah, isn't that crazy? Damn that goes fast. That's insane.
Speaker 5: And then six months later my guest ts to win thirteen to five and it hasn't.
Speaker 1: Been hit since. It's insane five we had. But think about that.
Speaker 5: That also is we had two jackpot winners within six months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: And now it hasn't been hitten for in change or whatever.
Speaker 1: We have like life changing money. Where they go, Can I keep my identity to myself?
Speaker 5: It's one and twenty one thousand dollars tomorrow, one hundred and twenty one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: That is so much money. That's insane. Do you want to just keep going? Now? See how much we can go?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I wanted to get hit. Want somebody to win it. That's and we can start over.
Speaker 9: That's gonna like when someone wins it, they're gonna have a reaction, like a reaction, like they're gonna be stunned.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, the Naples are gonna be so hard and they won't even have to do it themselves.
Speaker 8: Take how many times they can go to Key West by a place there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got direct flights to Key West. Uh, Fanatics, I think so.
Speaker 5: Fanatics announced that Lebron James's number twenty three sixers Jersey broke show Hey Otani's record for Jersey sales in the first forty eight hours after announcing a team change. Right in twenty twenty three when he went to the Dodgers in the first forty eight hours, Otani broke the record on Fanatics. But now Lebron's Jersey is even has surpassed that most of I think some of them are back in stock now. But almost every version was sold out within the first forty eight hours. The exact number was not disclosed, but fanatics did say this, this is really, really, really really tough. When Otani broke the record in twenty twenty three, Fanatic said he passed the sales of two people who were the two.
Speaker 1: That were right behind the record that Otani.
Speaker 5: Broke for switching a team, for announcing, for announcing a new team. So by either you know, it could be trade signing, moving.
Speaker 1: Ron and Miami and Lebron and La Luca.
Speaker 5: Nope, this is extremely You're gonna have to think outside the box. Messy to Miami Messi is nice, and then keep thinking that way and then himself the god Ronaldo Messi and Ronaldo Tommy way to think outside the box. Immediately, you mostly think outside the box. Loves you like to be as far away from the box as possible when you're.
Speaker 1: Thinking, yeah, like to go back into yik Yeah how about that though, But Jersey is selling like crazy. Yeah, good for him.
Speaker 5: How about it's they're saying it's it's selling more than when he went to the Lakers. That surprises the hell out of me because the Lakers jersey is iconic. It's like one of the all time kind of goaded jerseys. I can't believe a Sixers jersey is selling better.
Speaker 1: It's Philly just crazy about I mean.
Speaker 5: They're sports fans, are nuts, but Elly's a bigger market. The Lakers are an international brand. But anyway, the Sixers jersey is selling like crazy.
Speaker 1: What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 2: What I'm about to tell you is really good information. I mean, this is really something I don't think anybody on this radio show knows at this moment, and in a moment, you're going to know this. Gargoyles on buildings are part of the building's water drainage system, often shooting water from their mouth. It's related to the word gargle, gargoyle gargle building statues that aren't part of the drainage system. The ones that are also gargoyle looking are gargoyles. They're called grotesques.
Speaker 5: Well, all right, here's you're mostly right, because I don't think anybody on this show knew that. But here's my knowledge of gargoyles that I would like to share with the class, if you guys will give me fifteen seconds to share.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 5: In Gremlins Too, the new batch, there's one of the gremlins that gets outside of the building and he has wings and he's a flying gremlin.
Speaker 1: Of course, but obviously gremlins.
Speaker 5: Ain't supposed to go outside because of the sun some man, right, So he basically lands on the side of the building and becomes a gargoyle. He like turns into stone, so it's a gremlin that's flying around. He's got wings, so it looks like he's just like a batgremlin, but when he lands and turns into stone, he's a gargoyle. And that is my entire database of Gargo oil knowledge.
Speaker 9: More Gremlins too, show which one Gremlin's.
Speaker 1: Two gargo.
Speaker 2: Never cartoon?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and they were in a Hunchback and under Name too obviously, But have you seen Gremlins two? Then one or two?
Speaker 5: I mean, okay, well, I mean I would say drop everything, but I don't know what your schedule looks like. Yeah, first one's a classic. The Gremlins, Yep, it's fantastic. It's got to be horrible, not what's actually hilarious, Hercules or Gremlins I've never seen Hercules, but I'm going on in on Gremlins.
Speaker 1: No, I'll tell you right now, if you watch Hercules, I'll watch.
Speaker 2: Gremlins zero to hero in no time fast.
Speaker 9: There's not a better soundtrack in a movie than Hercules. Well that's debatable, but very good.
Speaker 2: What is her song that she sings?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Not, no way, I won't man, so good, so good.
Speaker 9: She's hot, Meg is very Who are you taking Hercules or Meg?
Speaker 2: She's I hope you meaned a fight?
Speaker 1: Does it'll be a fight?
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely, more real matters after this power Drim Morning Show on the Fan.
Speaker 6: In September fifth, Ron White October seventeenth, and you know what shined down on August twenty first, I'll say it complete details on cafe dot com keyword calendar.
Speaker 2: You said it?
Speaker 11: Man, Oh, I don't they don't include that in there.
Speaker 1: That's a big show.
Speaker 2: It's a bigger man, it's a bigger I looked like Chris, Uh what's his name? Stable Stapleton was a big deal last night?
Speaker 1: Was he Was he out there last Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Was he?
Speaker 2: We I'm gonna tell you, guys, if we must have had ten thousand people of the show last night and yeah, downtown Shockapepe. Oh, mother rails. It's unbelievable. I couldn't believe. It wasn't just that you couldn't see the back of the crowd, the sides of the crowd were in. It is fun, super fun.
Speaker 1: What was the number one song that they went nuts too?
Speaker 2: He did play and I think that was that was cool.
Speaker 1: People go crazy.
Speaker 2: They like when we do a son of a Bitch too a Bitch, Get me a drink?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh, I've been practicing. No one cares. I've been practicing that for karaoke. It's a tough one.
Speaker 2: It's a tough one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, what's your goal to karaoke song?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: I got a couple. Where do you practice karaoke? Car? You know I'm doing cardio on the stairstepper at the gym. Yeah.
Speaker 9: People will see me just I look all all the generalizations and the thoughts you have about me. They check out it because I have shorts about three inches long.
Speaker 2: I've heard about it.
Speaker 9: But you're not singing out loud, But no, I'm not. No, I'm just I try not to.
Speaker 1: But sometimes when you're in it, you're in it, you know interesting, Yeah, you're in it that uber. Yeah, got a minute to in it? Good luck? All right?
Speaker 5: More of what really matters scores and stats around the world of sports is brought you by Ovo Lacy and n Yeah.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Oh where's then? He'll be here at seven seven and nine, seven and nine.
Speaker 5: Taysom Hill posted on social media that he is not going to be returning to the Saints for a tenth season.
Speaker 1: But he did not say.
Speaker 5: Didn't say it was retiring or necessarily looking to playoffs, where he just said we'll see what the future holds. But he basically thanks New Orleans and said he's not coming back for a tenth season. Swiss Army Knife as they call him in New Orleans because he does a little bit of everything.
Speaker 1: How about this, Taysom Hill.
Speaker 5: Has scored at least ten touchdowns via rushing, at least ten ya receiving, and has thrown at least ten touchdowns right, So ten for rushing, receiving and passing in NFL history. How many players have done it ten plus in all three categories?
Speaker 12: Man, only Himward zero, It's got to be only him?
Speaker 2: Will you ask the question one more time?
Speaker 5: So he has ten or more rushing touchdowns, ten or more receiving touchdowns ten or more passing touchdowns. How many players in NFL history have ten or more in all three categories?
Speaker 1: This is according to ESPN.
Speaker 2: I mean, did they Can we go all the way back to like Bronco Negerskiers?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Sure, you know what I mean? Because I was thinking maybe your guy Tibo but he didn't, right, he.
Speaker 9: Only played like two years and then back in the day you're onto something because like they throw like two yard passes.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, I don't know not I'd say he's only one.
Speaker 5: I bet he's only Yeah, gotta be well, so, Chris, you should have gone with your gut.
Speaker 1: It's five.
Speaker 5: But the last one to do it before Taysom Hill was Frank Gifford in nineteen fifty seven, so it was the old schoolers did it.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, the old schoolers did it. But yeah, he's just the fifth one to get to that number.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, giff Man, the Gift Man.
Speaker 2: Isn't Isn't there video of Gifts just getting clobbered and like going solid like like a like a plank Ooh you just knocked out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't even know who Gift. I've never heard that first time. I'm friend So here's Frank Gift.
Speaker 5: Frank So, Frank Gifford was a legendary broadcaster for my generation, our generation, Gifford was a big deal broadcasting. What's crazy is then, is that we got to look at the the what's the gap between Frank Gifford and Kathy Lee Gifford? Have you ever you know, like twenty five years Kathy Lee was married to Frank Gifford and.
Speaker 1: Twenty three years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that that checks out because again he did it in nineteen fifty seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 5: Regason, Kathy Lee was a big deal before reas you know, was on the Millionaire and stuff.
Speaker 1: Kathy Lee was four that year in nineteen fifty seven. Oh my god, that makes it weird. So Gift gifts.
Speaker 5: Own touchdowns, running touchdowns, catching touchdowns.
Speaker 8: He's doing it all and she's learning numbers. How much would you love the Hallmark movie she was in? A Christmas coincidence?
Speaker 2: How much do you love eating so a lot?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Same?
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, man, How great was Christen Wiggs Kathy Lee different impression in SNL where she was just always drinking wine and just point to God.
Speaker 1: Great bit, great bit, great bit. Do you guys watch today? Show at all. Oh no, now we're no, we're not. Normally we're on the air. We're on the air.
Speaker 9: But that ten o'clock hour where they do start sipping wine.
Speaker 1: Good hour, guys, that's the old Kathy Lee in the hotel copy hour.
Speaker 10: Put on your hands down.
Speaker 2: No, no, you know what be you?
Speaker 1: No? He doesn't.
Speaker 2: Is this Thomas? Yeah, I'm I'm only talking to you because none of these guys, they.
Speaker 1: Don't get it like we do.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, Chad Power season two? Uh huh, it's a fall release date. It's coming back for season two. I didn't watch season one. You let these guys poison you. You'm poison you tell me because you know what it's about.
Speaker 1: It's about a guy who is really good.
Speaker 2: It's about college football. Just stop right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all you need to know.
Speaker 2: The only reason you didn't watch it is because these guys would have laughed at you. I'm used to.
Speaker 1: It, just us. I know I should. Is it worth going back? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's about college football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean what else you need? If you watched it?
Speaker 2: Yeah and came in next week you say, hawk hawk You're right, you're right.
Speaker 1: On that same vein. I will do that on that same vein, I mean again, on that same vein.
Speaker 9: Three weeks from now college game day starts. It's emotional, like I am soamped.
Speaker 1: Three weeks from now, Sure they do a week zero? Is there like an Ireland game? An Ireland game? Sure?
Speaker 2: Mm hm, who's South Georgia Catfish?
Speaker 9: No big names, big names. I think it's a big game, big names, big games.
Speaker 1: All right, So hang on, let's let's not guess the Gophers. If we had a guess who's going over there? Who wins the national title this year? This year?
Speaker 5: And you can't say the Gophers. Can't say the Gophers. No, off the table. They are not an option in any scenario. I'm going buck Eyes. Buckeyes won Miami reloaded again in Texas.
Speaker 1: I think arch Manning's winning Heisman this year. No, say that to Drake Lindsay's face.
Speaker 2: Well, there's two heismans.
Speaker 1: I think arch Manning wins Heisman, goes first pick.
Speaker 8: Actually that's how Ohio State's the favorite un draft kings. Where's Oregon Notre Dame plus six fifty, they're plus eight hundred two three, They're tied for fourth with Indiana.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna go Oregon.
Speaker 1: Do you go on Oregon?
Speaker 5: I like, yeah, Hey, can I ask you guys a serious sports question since it's currently on Sports Center? And do you guys care about these season two?
Speaker 8: No, they'll start promoting it soon though, so we look, we've we've.
Speaker 5: Talked for months now about Kyler Murray versus Jack McCarthy. For argument's sake, just for a hypothetical, Let's say both scenarios go south and it doesn't work out, disastrous season for both quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: And we're moving on.
Speaker 5: Sure, anybody want Baker next year?
Speaker 1: Yes? Baker? Yes, that'd be so much fun because Baker.
Speaker 5: Baker is going to play out the final year of his Bucks deal and basically hit free agency because they can't come up with a deal, so he's going to be an unrestricted free agent in twelve months.
Speaker 1: Your thoughts on Baker? Yes, awesome? Man?
Speaker 8: Have you seen the latest quarterback bit on on Netflix? He's the best, He's great.
Speaker 1: They still the guy.
Speaker 5: They can still tag him though, correct, Can they franchise him?
Speaker 1: Though? Still? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't remember when Randy Moss mooned the crowded Yeah, Jill crazy, Yeah, I feel the same way about Baker. Mayfield grabbing his crutch. I was like, why did people care that he grabbed his crotch? Remember that part? It was like a big deal in the first episode he like people were like, I don't know if they're going to want to draft him if he's doing things like that, And like he grabbed his crutch and shook it at a guy. That's what we do, we.
Speaker 1: Do.
Speaker 9: I just love how competitive he is, Like that's it's insane.
Speaker 1: He's a dog, a dog. He's the kind of guy you want to play for, right, He's the blacker room glue guy.
Speaker 9: He's the guy that's going to say, let's grab everyone and go to the same club at night, Like he's going to keep everyone together.
Speaker 1: Is anybody somebody looked this up? What? What?
Speaker 5: What are the restrictions for franchise tags and transition tags? Like there's no age limit or experience limit right where It's like, if you're ten years in, you can't be tagged.
Speaker 1: Can't you be tagged at any level anytime?
Speaker 5: But my guess is they could tag him get tagged twice? Yeah wash, but he was still really young. Though I suppose baker works. I think you can tag anybody though they can Okay, so they could tag him.
Speaker 9: Okay, so it's not a guarantee yet, but you'd sell would you sell out.
Speaker 1: To get him? Sell out in terms of what, like what are we giving up here?
Speaker 5: Because if they tag him, you're going to have to trade him for him, right, You're gonna have to wheel and be able to get him.
Speaker 1: Would you get rid of Addison for him? Yeah? I mean he's probably going anyways, right? Yeah? How old is Baker? I think this is still on his first contract. He's thirty one. He'd be thirty two starting next season. That makes sense, that's next.
Speaker 8: Well no, but like I mean what if he was what about the season after? It does make sense, but like I don't know what if his birthday was? Yeah, you never know. I'm right there with you.
Speaker 9: It's I think I take him. I think I take Arch over him though, truthfully.
Speaker 1: But you got to get the number one pick to get Yeah.
Speaker 9: I think Arch will be like the next great one. Like that's how he's gonna be on.
Speaker 1: The quarterback class is loaded. Man, are you taking the Dante more over here? I mean, Dante Moore is outstanding, the ole miss is great. You know who's a freak?
Speaker 9: No, one's talking about du Mont, the lefty from cal Watch out.
Speaker 1: Remember I said it, just remember I said, I'm on team Drake Lindsay.
Speaker 5: I don't know why you guys are just skipping right over my guy.
Speaker 1: Watch out for Barry, Watch out for Garry Taylor. Watch out. He's gonna win Running Back of the Year. And what was that called Eddie George or the Eddie Georgia Warden Big Ten. He's gonna win it.
Speaker 9: Say it again, Barry Keyogan, Barry, and then Anthony Smith's gonna win Defensive Player of the Year in the Big Ten. You guys, we're gonna have players here all the way around. I feel like Dry Kyogan should have been in the Odyssey. He would have fit right in. Yeah's an act man. Yeah.
Speaker 1: What really matters though, is this I.
Speaker 2: Forgot we were doing that. Yeah, you're right, you got that right, Corey.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 2: The first book that doctor Seuss illustrated but did not write is a book called the pocket Book of Boners. No it's not, it is, well, I'm looking at it right now. Boners of course, different connotation these days. Keyboard smoking over there.
Speaker 1: Barnes and Noble, But there's no picture past Jesus Overnight.
Speaker 2: The first book ship to Key West, releasing nineteen thirty one.
Speaker 1: You're writing the sequel in Key West.
Speaker 2: There was this is not a joke one but tays it's true. In February of thirty one it came out it was called Boners. In April of nineteen thirty one, more Boners. August fourth of nineteen thirty one, still more boners, and then prize of boners.
Speaker 1: Is there an inside joke we're missing or is this there.
Speaker 2: Was a mistake today in that Yeah, there was a book in nineteen fifty two, Bigger and Better Bonus, I kid you, are you kidding? I'm not kidding you by doctor sus uh No, he wasn't involved in any but the.
Speaker 6: First reading the Wikipedia it says all boners in the book are anonymous. Harry Hansen writes that presumably these lines come out of the mouths of babes.
Speaker 1: Harry that just got uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Yes, same, Yeah, isn't that what you called your You're hidden photos on your phone, Tommy Harry hand the pocket Book of Boners?
Speaker 8: Yeah, answering you bought the rights for a play, right, Yeah, you own any use of the word boner.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: Jon Robinson and Jamier Gibbs of Atlanta and Detroit, respectively, both holdens as they seek new contracts. Ta Kuon Barkley makes around twenty million a year, and all reports say that these two want more than that. They're you know, younger and whatever. So, uh yeah, Bijeon and Jamier Gibbs both looking for more money.
Speaker 2: Who's the other running back with Bijon Barry Kyogan?
Speaker 8: Oh, all right, the one guy that you're thinking.
Speaker 2: Of left Earl Campbell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Earl Campbell, Happy birthday. Sure I'm talking about I thought they had a little running back coming.
Speaker 2: Oh Chris Mullen, teammate.
Speaker 1: Of Scott Skiles dream. It really doesn't matter, Abe was it Tom green Man? I love Tom Green Are you talking about? Isn't Brian Robbins. No, But he's talking about the guy that was on the team last year.
Speaker 2: Oh, Misty May trainer ball player.
Speaker 1: They were dominant, by the way, was it Carry Walsh? Yeah? And they were so good. They were very tall. Sand volleyball is hard you ever play. You can't jump, are.
Speaker 2: You talking to Corey?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But you can dive, not unless they're sand in his basement. He's not going to be playing sand baseball?
Speaker 1: Is that the guy think? Yeah, el Geer Tyler. Sorry I can't read.
Speaker 2: His name is al Jeer.
Speaker 1: That's what you're thinking about. That's texting me. Thanks, that's what that's my friend AT's thanking me. You think? What is that short for Luke ats Miller. We call him AT.
Speaker 9: Remember we went on his batch to the are a couple of weeks ago. Down Scott, I don't call Luke ass Miller. And it was like the joke of the weekend. You played the hits without even trying.
Speaker 2: You just call him, You just call him AT.
Speaker 1: We call him AT.
Speaker 5: But Sauce eats the guy for the first time and immediately calls him ass Miller, and.
Speaker 1: Everyone called him. So I said it on here and played the hits. The whole weekend had a walk off shot. It was fantastic.
Speaker 2: Do you ever just go to bachelor parties from guys you don't know?
Speaker 1: I have done that, No joke, Oh zech.
Speaker 11: If anybody has a bachelor party coming up, I do the same.
Speaker 1: No, seriously, it's actually fun. We should How do you how do you're going to crash batch?
Speaker 2: How do you know?
Speaker 9: But it's like it's okay, Let's say there's like a like a solid group of fifteen guys that gets invited, but you're like friends of like probably four of them. Like, it's always fun to have the extra guy come, but you're not like really.
Speaker 1: Invited the friend of the friend.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but he's kind of around like Hazy, right, you guys know I talk about Hazy a lot.
Speaker 1: Hazy's brother's names Chad.
Speaker 9: Chad came to Eddie's bachelor party, but he wasn't technically invited, but he was there.
Speaker 1: He crashed it correct.
Speaker 9: And he came to Hoy's in Nashville. It's always fun to have those extra guys around.
Speaker 1: Who's he's another buddy? How come Chad just has a regular name?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Okay, who's Hoey?
Speaker 2: Why do you call him Hoey?
Speaker 1: They call you Hoey? No, Hoy's is the actual lesson. Well, it's hoen Wall, but we call him how Yeah, and calls him hole in the wall.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so then you called him a glory hole and now you just call him glory if.
Speaker 1: You if it was the guy, he'd be my best friend.
Speaker 5: Uh be will be here in the second the News and the second Tommy Olsen here for another twenty years sold, right, Tommy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can stay.
Speaker 5: I can stay untill that like st like little bonus timing today and then we'll see you tomorrow for initials.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, square enough. How do you feel confident? You know, somewhere in the middle, I'm gonna come in happy and letter all. You know, when you're prepared, you don't have to be nervous. Well, so I like it. Yeah, and I truly think all five of you could win tomorrow. That's the best part.
Speaker 9: And I think it's like a really fun group, happy group. We were talking about it out there, like I think it just be fun and happy.
Speaker 5: And you know, would not be surprised if any of the five names is the winner.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it'd be great, you know, and we might be down to mic so if I have to share Mike, you know a Mike, Okay, that.
Speaker 1: We'll be good.
Speaker 5: Chris is the favorite, but I don't lawyer. Lambert has won, You have won, Julia is capable of winning. Nordo has been to the finals. Like, yeah, this is the lineup of winners, yeah, big time. Yeah, this is gonna be good.
Speaker 1: And maybe somebody wins. One hundred and twenty one.
Speaker 5: Times before Lee burn A second more with Tommy after this on the fan from the one eight hundred ASK Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by