Speaker 1: The YouTube and search Dave Ryan TV.
Speaker 2: Michelle, you wave with the camera right now because people can see you. Go ahead and wave. Michelle is our guest in the studio right now, live for Christmas Wish and the Magic of the Holidays. Dave Ryan Christmas Wish. Good morning, Michelle, Good morning. You haven't have you been listening to Katie WIB for a while? Yeah? How long you been listening to Katie.
Speaker 1: WB Since I was a teen?
Speaker 3: So, like I don't know, sixteen years ago, really all this time.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for listening all these years. We appreciate it. And here you are with a Christmas wish, Michelle. How do you know him and a I know her.
Speaker 3: From a previous job. We work together, so we were co workers, Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And she's been I don't know if I would have used the word struggling, but you could say struggling challenged, going through kind of a rough time right now. So we got your Christmas wish and you and I talked. We talked about a week or so ago, is that right?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, and we said yes, we definitely want to do this when there's some kids involved, and we got some things that we want to do. Let's make sure we got a new staffer from College Muscle Movers. Brandon apparently has the day off. Noah is on the phone from College Muscle Movers. Good morning, Noah. Oh boy, that phone is not working right. Let's try it again. What part of town are you in? Noah, I am.
Speaker 1: Currently in Chaska, beautiful Jaska.
Speaker 2: Okay, and Brandon's got the day off as he's sleeping in the day Noah, yeah, wow, do you have an Android phone? Is that an Android phone?
Speaker 1: He's out there? Noah, I do have actually have the newer Apple phone.
Speaker 5: My audio having a little trouble.
Speaker 2: It's spotty, but it's fine. Noah, thanks for doing what you do, and thanks to College Muscle Movers for delivering all the wishes. He is loaded up and he is ready to bring all the things in for this family in just a minute. And thanks you guys over at College Musclemovers dot com for doing what you do. Noah, please stand by, We'll do okay, thank you very much. We're gonna make the phone call right now to Jimena. What did you tell her to make sure she's home and answering the phone Michelle, Well.
Speaker 3: She's usually home because of her son. Okay, she gets him ready for school. Okay, so I just told her be on the phone.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna call you.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're calling her live right now for Christmas.
Speaker 4: Wish persona stud.
Speaker 2: What did she say?
Speaker 1: Was that the voicemail? Yeah, it was the voicemail.
Speaker 2: Try again, Try it again, Try it again, Bailey. Now it is live as it happens. But the thing is, we've got Noah from college. Muscle movers is a backup to walk up to the door and knock on the door if we don't get through to this person. And that's one of the great things about Christmas wishes. It's all happening live without a net, kind of spontaneously, and we always hope that we get a home of the wish. E Bailey is dialing carefully right now, still going to voicemail, Still going to voicemail. Okay, Noah, you're being called into action if you don't mind, Noah, how far how long will it take you to get up and tap on that front door.
Speaker 6: I am actually right out front, so I will head over there right now.
Speaker 2: Let's head over there right now. Nobody wants there's there's one sound that you can't ignore. There's one sound that makes us more curious than anything else. It is a knock at your door. It's really like, well, who would this be?
Speaker 1: Michelle? Did you say that your husband was there as well? Yes? To help with what?
Speaker 7: Translating Oka, Yeah, sure, because I feel like, oh gosh, Noah's gonna knock on the door and she'll be like.
Speaker 2: Right, okay, okay translating, Yeah, Noah, all right, knock.
Speaker 1: Here, knock, Oh nice knock. Oh good, very firm.
Speaker 4: Not We've got some action here at the front door.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, good, good. I love the color commentary.
Speaker 1: Yes, good morning.
Speaker 5: Hi, I'm Noah.
Speaker 4: I'm with College Muscle Movers working with KD W.
Speaker 1: B where Christmas Wish?
Speaker 2: This morning?
Speaker 7: Great? I've got Dave Bryan here on the phone and.
Speaker 5: Okay perfect, I'll come on in.
Speaker 1: Brian, Yeah, Brian, a Ryan, Brian are you there?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 2: Hey, Brian, I'm here with Michelle. As you probably know, with Christmas Wish. Is Humena around anywhere?
Speaker 6: She is right next to me.
Speaker 2: Oh good? Can we can we put her on the phone?
Speaker 1: Yes? I will be translating for oh wonderful.
Speaker 2: Okay, so maybe just put us on speaker. We've never had this happen before, where were translating? I love this? Okay, So Jimena, good mornings.
Speaker 5: Hi, hi Himna.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's Dave Ryan along with Michelle. Say uh ola, Michelle, do you want to describe to her what Christmas wish is all about? And if you want to do it in Spanish, you can do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, You're welcome.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure how well this will translate, but we want to help your family after hearing what Michelle wrote in about your family, and Brian is now translating this is so cool. I love this. This has never happened on Christmas Wish. So go ahead if you will, Michelle and read the letter for Jimena, but so all the rest of us can know what this is all about too.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Jimena is a woman whose heart knows no bounds. She gives endless lead to others, sharing her food, time, love, even when she has little for herself. Life has tested her in comeless ways. She cares for her elderly mother, recently diagnosed with breast cancer, raises her teenage son, works full time, and still finds the strength to cheer at her son's soccer games and drive her and drive her mother to every appointment. She even opens her home to another single mother and her toddler, offering love and support without hesitation. It is because of all of this, her kindness, her resilience, her love, that I wanted to do something for Himnna, from the bottom of my heart. She deserves at Christmas where she's cared for, celebrated, and cherished, just as she has done for so many others throughout her life. Meeting Himena has been a gift. She's a living reminder of the power of generosity, the strength of the human spirit, and the beauty of a heart that loves without limits. She's not just inspiring, she is extraordinary.
Speaker 2: Hemna, did you were able to catch all that? Yeah? Thank you, Michelle.
Speaker 4: She's crying a little bit now.
Speaker 2: One of the things that I really appreciated about this Christmas wish, and I'm not sure how much Humana will understand, but I will tell you as you listen to the show. One of the things that we loved about this wish was it seems like every wish is there's something sad, and there's something tragic, and there's something awful, and we try to help as many of those as we can. But one of the things that stood out to me was this one is just somebody who's done so much good. There's no mom is sick. Mom has breast cancer and we're not sure what the prognosis is. So there is an illness, but there's no there's nothing that made us go my gosh. It was just a good person who needs some help and support. So, Brian, if you kind of want to translate, if you need to, while we talk about Jose. Jose is fourteen years old. Yees, that's that's is? Is Jose around funny?
Speaker 3: They call him home because he's josem So it's like hole for joseang me for me, gain homi, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love it all right. We got a bunch of cool stuff for you. First of all, for Jose, he loves soccer. Is that true that he loves soccer?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, right there, Jose.
Speaker 2: What's up, homie? O?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 2: Well, it's Dave. But we're on the radio with Michelle over at Katie WB. You like soccer, We're gonna send you over to Shields with a three hundred dollars gift card to get whatever you want over at Shields. A little Christmas present for you. You like Starbucks, homie.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no no, you like coffee, you.
Speaker 2: Get a Starbucks gift card, a fifty dollars McDonald's gift card. You got a Jordan beanie. Okay, you got all this stuff. And also was punch out Gaming so you can learn some new video games. You can order online at punchout gaming dot com if you can't make the drive because they they sell video games and systems and things like that. Shout out to punch Out Gaming in Forrest Lake. Let's talk about is Soila? Is that your grandma, homie? Yeah, okay, we've got some that's okay. Don't get her up, no, no, no, let her rest.
Speaker 1: You can.
Speaker 2: You can tell her about this later. We got some stuff for her. She's been diagnosed with breast cancer and so we just want to let her know that she's appreciated and comforted. So we got her some lounge wear sets, some EOS Vanilla cashmere lotion, some body miss, some other cool things, some soft and fluffy throat blankets, some games and scrabble so she can play with you guys, and and and things like that, and a q DOB a gift card. Let's talk about how's your how's your mom doing? Homie's good? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Does she take a care of you guys?
Speaker 1: Yeah she does?
Speaker 2: Okay, good good. We've got for mom what everyone wants for Christmas, a dice and vacuum cleaner.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now we heard that that's something that she actually needed and want. It's not just a random a vacuum cleaner. So we had some lounge wear sets. One hundred dollars Buffalo Wild Weekings gift card, some stuff from Bath and Bodyworks. You'll learn this as you get older. A lot of women like that bath and body work stuff. Remember that all right?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sure, yeah, and that's going to be shipped the hole. One hundred and fifty dollars gift card to wood House Spa in Eaton Prairie. Not that far of a drive to Eaton Prairie so mom can get a spa day.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Uh, let's talk to me a little bit about yovannya. That is that is your your mom's friend who has moved in with you guys. Yep, okay, so.
Speaker 1: You got a house full over there, Yeah, yeah we do.
Speaker 2: But that's kind of like your mom to open the doors for somebody who might might need a little help, right, Yeah, well we don't want to leave her out. So we've got for Yovanya a three hundred dollars Cole's gift card. And then she's got a little boy, Navide. How old is Navide? One year old? Okay, we got some kids stuff. We got some little kid stuff, and we got them like a you know, like a wooden truck and one of those playschool busy ball popper things that you're gonna hate it because it's noisy, but but but he's gonna love it. So we've got just some stuff for you guys for Christmas, for the family. A two hundred dollars Visa gift card, two hundred dollars card to Great Clips good at any dot or any location. Great Clips. They'll they'll take care of you guys. Two hundred dollars Crispin Green gift card. My gosh, it won't stop, it will not gosh. Six hundred dollars High V gift card, one hundred one dollar holiday gas card, pizza from Broadway Pizza. And I think that kind of wraps it up. But that sounds like a lot.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a lot, And well, thank you, thank you, so much.
Speaker 2: You are so welcome. Jose was mom able to understand a lot of this kind of Okay, it's rans a little bit. The great news is brook, thank you for everything. How do you say? You're welcome? Dana. Okay, We're so happy we can do this for your family. And I'm so happy that you know, here's just a family who takes in people and is going through some times and there's a lot of stuff here, a variety of stuff, and we just wanted to say thank you for what you're doing, for being such a wonderful human that so many people love. So thank you very Muchma.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank.
Speaker 5: You, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Jose have a good one, my man.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you. Christmas wish you did great, Michelle. Christmas Wish on k d W Christmas Wish on Katie WB. I always want to thank all the generous businesses and people who gave, and sometimes I don't do it during the wish because I don't want to make it sound like a commercial. Yeah, but sometimes I do anyway, because I appreciate these people so much. First of all, every wish is proudly presented by Treasure Island resort and casino as always. Big shout out to the Prairie Island Indian Community and the Tribal Council for their continued support of Christmas wish. Thank you very much. Shout out to punch Out Gaming up in Forest Lake for their donation, Megan and everybody, Woodhouse Spaw and Eating Prairie for their donation. A Woodhouse Spa gift card makes the perfect holiday gift. Find them at woodhouse Spas dot com. You guys can get me something like that. Yeah, I could use a massage and a facial that's so nice.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you the full body. Oh they do the Lord's work well, I love that the Lord's work.
Speaker 2: Plugs Electric donated a stack of visa gift cards. We can't think of enough safe home start it plugs Electric, plug z Electric. Thanks to Great Clips, my friends over Great Clips. I was just over there last week and that's the only place I ever go to get my haircut. I love it in you're out even check it online. I look fresh. Thank you very much. Thanks to Great Clips. Crisp and Green. Shout out to Alex Tally and Jeremy Liz and the entire Crisp and Green Team, Chan Happening and Plymouth for your great donation. Hivy through in a six hundred dollars gift card. You guys so much, just a lot. Yeah, shop at high V this holiday season. Don't forget to sign up for high V Perks and get even more discounts and deals holiday station stores. They're still doing for every fuel purchase now through December seventeenth, which is Wednesday, they're making a donation to Christmas wish. Shout out to everybody at Valveline and Amy for donating those. I know it's not the most romantic festive gift ever, but when you need an oil change, you need an oil change hereod when your car says that little light lights up, yeah, you get to take it into Valvelene Broadway pizza, a bunch of gift cards and the course. Thanks to Youth Lincoln Choice Bank for helping out with our holiday wish. And there are the thank yous, which are to me so important.
Speaker 7: Yes, and they've given so much this year too, which is really nice. And tomorrow people can give as well.
Speaker 1: Correct because it's a match.
Speaker 2: Day tomorrow, baby, so donate tomorrow if you're gonna hold off and donate tomorrow. That's fine because tomorrow is a Treasure Island match day, so make sure that you donate tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We still have like a week worse of wishes left.
Speaker 2: Last one is yeah, last one is a week from tomorrow, and I was on the phone yesterday with a couple of more wishes, So we're trying to finalize the last couple of wishes. We are running late. We haven't played the commercial that we were supposed to play literally ten minutes ago, so we're gonna do that. We're gonna come back in a second. We had a lot of stuff going on Dave's Dirt. Tragic story out of La Brentwood, California. Rob Reiner and his wife murder murdered last night, shocking murdered by apparently his son. I don't know if it's her son stabbed to death, and we really don't have any more details than that is an ongoing investigation, but from what I understand, they already have the suspect and custody and we'll have more details if we get them. Dave's Dirt coming up in a few minutes on Katie WB. We'll have some fun with name that tune. It's all coming, w B. We are back. We're going to be commercial free for about another forty five minutes or so. We're running a little bit late because Christmas Wish, and that is fine. I thought that Christmas Wish was very sweet because the recipient, Humana didn't really speak the most fluent English. I mean I don't either for that matter, but there was like a fourteen year old boy kind of translating in the husband. It was just very sweet and I just love that. And one of the things I loved about that wish is she's just taking care of people. And I don't want to give a lot of details and embarrass anybody, but the living situation is crowded, Yeah, because she takes people in and we just love that. Christmas Wish Match day tomorrow with Christmas Wish Match donations from Treasure Island all morning tomorrow. Yesterday or last week. We did it on Tuesday. I want to say we got thirteen thousand dollars. I don't know if we're gonna get that this time, but I'd like to get as much as we possibly can.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Shout out to the Leo Agency who donated ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Is amazing.
Speaker 2: That is. I mean, that helps so much. We really appreciate that. So I don't like to make things about me, but I love to talk about me. So let's talk about me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to talk about So.
Speaker 2: I've had this belly problem for a long time, like pain in the belly, and they can never figure out. They've done this way, they've done that way, they've gone in and out, they've done everything.
Speaker 1: They've whipped your around, you know exactly, and.
Speaker 2: They can't figure out what it was. So I went in a couple of weeks ago to do a camera pills swallow and you swallow something about the size of the first digit of your pinky finger, the first knuckle of your joint of your pinky finger, and you swallow it and it like takes pictures as it goes through your belly. And it took a couple of weeks to get the results. So it took about ten days or so. And so I'm on the phone with a corporate iHeartRadio guy on Friday morning. On the phone. We're talking about radio and strategy and you know, bits and blah blah blah blah blah. And he's talking and he's one of these guys. You can't really just say hey, I got to go. So he's like a big suit kind of a guy. Oh he's really nice though, And so then I get a call from I see it, call waiting from the doctor. Oh, not call waiting with the results, you know what I mean. So it's like it comes up, Oh, here comes the call with your results. And I couldn't take the call to get my results to find out what's going on because the big wig is on the terrible timing.
Speaker 7: Honestly, I'm like, oh god.
Speaker 2: So I finally get off the phone and I listened to the voicemail call me for your results. We'd like to talk to you.
Speaker 1: No, what that's not good to hear.
Speaker 6: Yes, well you're talking to like Bob Pittman, like the big CEO. Otherwise I would have been like, hold on, yes, I have a big thing on my dead.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to get bad news while I'm on the phone with this.
Speaker 1: Guy, like hold on one second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I didn't want to come back and go, oh my god, it's terrible. Yeah, So I waited and then I called. They said, oh, okay, call me. So then I have to wait for the nurse with the results to get on the phone. Oh yeah, she's busy. Let me see if I can find her.
Speaker 1: Oh geez, oh, your your nerves are so anxious.
Speaker 2: Now I'm waiting, waiting, waiting.
Speaker 1: You're biting all your nails down to the like little nubbins.
Speaker 2: And it's one of those things, you know, like some people sit there and they then they get bad results, and some people sit there and they get good results. And that's the thing about the results, Like this is like you don't know whether it's going to be serious or not. So she comes on the phone and she says, everything looks.
Speaker 7: Fine, great, but then why does your stomach hurt?
Speaker 2: They don't know that's what's going on, and they don't know and they can't figure it out and it still hurts. So blah blah blah, treatment, medication, whatever.
Speaker 1: Can they just like take it out and put in a new one.
Speaker 2: I asked them that. Yeah, they say, my insurance doesn't cover it.
Speaker 1: Dang it, you would think.
Speaker 2: Uh So, anyway, thanks for your questions and about that. But we are pretty we're pretty transparent on the show. Wow, And so there's something going on. We usually you know, you're kind of like our friends that are on the radio that we hang out with from six until ten every morning, and so we share things like that. So how are you doing, Bailey doing okay?
Speaker 7: All right? I did fall the other day and I've been talking about it all day because my leg hurts, hurts real bad because it fell down on the ice went boom.
Speaker 1: This is the second year in a row you have slipped your butt on ice.
Speaker 7: Oh. Last year was way worse though, because last year I slipped, fell and hit my head and I thought I concussed. This year, I did not walk out on a frozen lake just to see what it was like. That's stupid and I'll never make that choice ever again. This time, I was just walking from my car.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: You got to get those things for your feet.
Speaker 1: I know I have them too, but called yak tracks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somewhere k t R a X yak tracks sean strap on the bottom of your shoes.
Speaker 1: Why are they called the yaktrack just because that's.
Speaker 2: Like a yak. A yak has surefooting.
Speaker 7: See now, though, with the name like yak tracks, I want one that are called like goat tracks that have little goat feet on the bottom.
Speaker 1: So when I'm walking around in the snow. People think there's a goat.
Speaker 2: You want a cloven hoof.
Speaker 1: I want a cloven hoof on the bottom of.
Speaker 2: By cloven hoof. You've been asking for a cloven hoof for years.
Speaker 1: Every every single year, and no one is getting it.
Speaker 2: By me enough at one point three kd WB Okay, we're gonna get through the weird, hard part of Dave's dirt first, and that is if you haven't heard about it by now. Rob Reiner and his wife murdered murdered in their home in Brentwood, California, by their son, and it kind of unfolded slowly. First they said they had found two bodies. Then they gave the ages of the of Rob Reiner in the ages of the people who had deceased, and it seemed, oh the same age. Then we found out this morning it was Rob Reiner. Then we found out moments after that that it was stabbing death and it was apparently done by their son. No, that's so just horrible and tragic. And Rob Reiner kind of a Hollywood legend, started out writing for comedy shows back in the sixties with Steve Martin as his writing partner. Then did all in the family then didn't spinal tap and princess what Prince Princess Bride, Princess Bride.
Speaker 7: Honestly, if you google him you'll know who he is. Just buy his picture popping up. Because when Dave told me about it today, I was like, name sounds familiar, look him up.
Speaker 1: You know exactly who he is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's said very tragic and just so shocking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, truly.
Speaker 7: Jacob Elordi says he is already sick and tired of the paparazzi. He had words with a paparazzi who was following him around a Paris train station. The guy was like, hey, Jacob, we love you, and he said, well, you make it really hard for me to live. And I feel like, you know, Jacob Alardi, he's only twenty eight. He either needs to learn to live with the paparazzi or you know, look for a different job because they're gonna follow you around. But he kept saying you make it really hard for me to live over and over again. So he wants you to get away from him. If you're a paparazzi, leave them alone, leave mom.
Speaker 2: I watched the Taylor documentary on Friday, the first one was like a three hour concert film and it was really interesting. I mean, the costume changes in the set is just incredible. But I wasn't really into watching the concert as much. I watched it, you know, kind of fast forward here and there through songs I didn't know. But the behind the scenes documentary stuff was really interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the stuff I'd want to see.
Speaker 2: So you get a chance check that out. And then also remember the show To Catch a Predator. It was Dateline NBC back in the two thousands. They'd like lure some pedophile into somebody's home. Yes, and it was with like a you know, like it was all set up. And this is a kind of a critique of that show and some of the things you didn't know and how they acted like they were law enforcement and they weren't really and they weren't, and it was just kind of like a sketchy little thing and it turns awful and tragic in some parts. And so if you remember that show, there's a documentary on it called Tour and I think it's on Hulu. You'll find it really really interesting. Also, I found out Pluribus is not a limited run series. They're gonna stretch this out to four or five seasons, which really disappoints me because i want closure and I'm not gonna get closure.
Speaker 7: George Clooney says he is all done with on screen romance. He says he's trying to go the same route that Paul Newman did. I'm not kissing any girls anymore on screen. See he's sixty four right now. Who said that, George Clooney, Oh, George Cliney. Yeah, he says he's sixty four right now. And he was talking to his wife Aamal about his age and he's just like, you know what, I'm still in shape, but in twenty five years, I'm eighty five years old. Doesn't matter how many granola bars you eat. That's a real number. And I'm done talk or kissing women on screen.
Speaker 2: Jeez.
Speaker 6: And Friday Night was our iHeartRadio jingle Ball. We're gonna have a special on ABC this Wednesday at seven o'clock if you want to watch. But some of the big numb the big people that play you to got ed sheery for you sing it now, were coming up.
Speaker 1: We should pull a come back.
Speaker 5: Oh the lot falling to.
Speaker 1: Miles Smith was on stage two and he did star gazing.
Speaker 6: And it was super duper cool. I just love jingle ball because it reminds you it's holiday, Timmy here baby, Yeah, Christmas is next week. Isn't that insane?
Speaker 2: It is crazy? Oh my gosh, we're ten days a way.
Speaker 1: We convinced my dad this weekend that we want ham instead of turkey.
Speaker 2: How's that going?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: You know, it's thank you so much for asking. It was really hard.
Speaker 7: He said turkey or ham, and I said ham, and someone said ham, and then someone said turkey. And he was like you we heard one turkey, so turkey right. No, We're like, Greg, it's ham.
Speaker 1: We're not doing a bit. It's a great story, David. I'm telling you fry it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah well no, no, maybe later, later, maybe later.
Speaker 1: That sounds.
Speaker 2: That is the dirt. Brought to you by sixty one two Injured Heimer and Lammer's Injury Law. I wanted to talk to this woman. She was telling us the other day and we said, can you be on the show on Monday and tell us your misadventure? What is her name? Danielle Daniella, you're live, You're on Katie WB. Give me a little backstory, Danielle about your misadventure last week. What happened or what give me the set up?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Okay, So first off, I am nearly divorced. I was married sixteen years, so big deal. And I have not dated in a while. Obviously I didn't even date like at the end of my marriage. And my friends are kind of pushing me to start again, and so I went on bumble okay, nice, Yeah, and I did like to meet somebody. And so first date was this past Thursday, and we went for trivia and it was it was it was actually like really nice, like he was really he's actually really attractive, and we had a really good time. And you know, and to be fair, I mean like, it's been a minute.
Speaker 2: I was I was horny, you were horny.
Speaker 7: He did it.
Speaker 2: I was horny. Okay, it's been a minute. It's been a minute, Okay, fair enough. And you're kind of new at dating. In twenty twenty five, last time you dated, I think George Bush was in office. I'm not sure, maybe for Rocket. So it's been a while since you've dated, and you didn't really know the protocol in twenty twenty five, so things get a little bit hazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, So okay, yeah, let's say I acted on that and uh yeah, I mean like it was a good night, it was a really good night. Oh yeah. I don't know, like if this is something that I screwed up or if if you know, I need educated in some way because I have not heard from this.
Speaker 1: Man and the date was on Thursday, yeah, and it is now Monday, Dave.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now, dating in twenty twenty five is probably different than it was in two thousand and nine or so when you were dating your and you probably dated him, you know, like for a few years before that. Yeah, what is dating like? I wouldn't know. I wouldn't have any idea either. He'd be in the same boat day, I'd be in the same boat. So your thought was, well, if I want to hook up, I'm going to hook up. I'm in the mood for love. And so you hooked up, and now you're wondering, did I do it wrong? I don't know. Does anybody else here know?
Speaker 1: Baby?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 7: I mean, I mean I've been in the dating scene in our time and age for a long time, and I would say, if you're hooking up on the first date, I guess that is I don't I don't think that's a normal, regular thing that happens every single day. And if they don't talk to you for like three or four days, that's it's probably a one and done at Dunzie's.
Speaker 2: But I would call her back. I'd be like, Wow, this is a lot of fun. We had a great trivia, we hooked up, we had a nice time.
Speaker 6: I wonder if he's taking the same thing she is, like, Oh, she hasn't called me in a couple of days.
Speaker 2: Did I do something wrong?
Speaker 1: You're both in the same boat of Like, that's a good point.
Speaker 2: I mean, have you thought about texting him and saying, hey, Brian whatever his name is, had a great time, let's go do it again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I have thought about it at all. Like I'm just like, I'm used to the guy calling. But then again, I want to be honest and that one.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna guess you're probably you're probably in your thirties, late thirties or so, and you don't have to say exactly, I'm just guessing. Is the dating protocol different for like a twenty two year old than it is for a thirty eight year old.
Speaker 6: I also argue it's different for a like that age brackup. But for that guy versus that girl as well, I just say go for it.
Speaker 2: You said you were.
Speaker 6: Horny, so you took initiative and went back to his house or brought to your house. I think you should go forward and shoot the first text message too. They like, Yo, what the mouth do?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Text? What now?
Speaker 1: What that mouth do?
Speaker 2: Okay? Yeah? Or are you up? Show you so you wonder whether you screwed up by hooking up on the first date. I don't know. I mean I've heard that younger, like early twenties, people delay the say ux a little bit longer than we might think.
Speaker 1: Right, would you say that one?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't really ask twenty two year old.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but maybe you know you have friends that are in their twenties. Would you say that we've met?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 1: Like regressed almost like in I mean the Malayal era, like ooh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm going to sleep with somebody on the first date, and now gen Z is kind of like, actually, no, I don't want to do it like that anymore.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think we've regressed.
Speaker 6: I just think different strokes for different folks, Like literally, I think some people are cool with hook up, one and done, and then I think there's a bunch of people that are like, hook up first date, but we can still keep on doing this.
Speaker 1: I think it's totally normal. Hmmm.
Speaker 6: I don't think you messed up at all. I think you should just excuse me. I think you should go for it and call him again or text him again. I mean, the worst he can say is nothing, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nothing, and then you know, but if you enjoyed it and you want to go get some of dad again, then maybe he's willing.
Speaker 1: Maybe he feels a little bit embarrassed because.
Speaker 2: He's like, not like me to do that. Text messages, this one says, in two thousand and seven, I hooked up on the first date. This year, twenty years together and two kids, longest one night stand of my life.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying, And I mean those two thousand and seven.
Speaker 7: Yeah, someone else says, I was thirty five in two thousand and five, hooked up with the first on the first night, and now we're married twenty years later. But now I want to know, like why, But he still hasn't responded to her, like said anything to her in like four days.
Speaker 1: That seems like a long time. Tonight say anything.
Speaker 2: I would unless there was something weird going right.
Speaker 6: Also correct me if I'm wrong, Dan Yellow, You're not looking to get married again at least yet, right, No, Yeah, you're just like, Hey, I had a good time, let's go to it again.
Speaker 2: This text says, if a woman hooks up on the first date, emotionally, men are no longer interested. I don't know that that's true.
Speaker 1: But when have you done that date?
Speaker 2: I've done that before, but like a million a million years ago, and it was like it was really like, you know, a lot of it comes down to the chemistry and whether you like them, and then the hookup is kind of like, oh yeah, I like them, and the hookup was wonderful too. This text says, I dated nine years and married eleven.
Speaker 3: Now, so.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't, I don't know, I don't know. I'm gonna guess somebody will tell you whether you did the wrong thing. I don't think you did the wrong thing. I think if it felt good, you guys had both mutual, you enjoyed it, then it just happened. But I would reach out to him. There's you've got nothing to lose by reaching at all.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he'll say nothing or he'll say no, and then you can move on. And then hey, you went in with a bang instead of out with a bang, like into the dating scene with the bang.
Speaker 2: Well, good luck. Let us know, Danielle, whether you hear from or not, because now I'm curious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of people that text it in that said that they hooked up on their first date in gay here's one. We went to third base on first date, engaged after nine months, married a year and a half. We're thirty eight and forty eight years old.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: I think sometimes when you get a little bit older, it's like, you know what I want to?
Speaker 1: You want to?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: Why not? Like what what's there to lose?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 2: All right? Thank you for that. It's one of one point three kdbub text message says there's no wrong thing to do nowadays. Message him first, be brave. I don't understand if she wants to hear fromim and just text him. What are you waiting for him? Men are clueless? There we are, Well, that's our job. That's our job. It's Katie, Will you be unnecessary? Instrumentals? This is a section of the show. Maybe you see these floating around on the Instagram where somebody will put a sax solo into a song that doesn't really need one, or a guitar. Is it really?
Speaker 1: I love this stuff?
Speaker 2: So we found some of these. Let's do in Golden somebody inserted an unnecessary sex solo. You want to hear it?
Speaker 7: Here we go.
Speaker 2: I like that one. Yeah, here's open Light with an unnecessary sax solo. A great sax solo will end perfectly as the verse kicks back in. Yeah, it's really really good. How about a guitar solo? Unnecessary guitar solo in style. You don't hear a lot of guitar solos and songs anymore.
Speaker 1: I love a guitar, so I wish they had more of those.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do another one. Die with a smile. Okay, that's kind of cool. You want to be violin solos? Yeah, okay, here we go. Nothing on you. You don't hear a lot of violin solos ever. I got one more. I got one more. It's careless whisper song goes back forty one years. Here it is with a violent, unnecessary violin solo. Sax solos are the best. Yeah, I'm gonna say I think I like the violin was the least. Are we saying I would agree? Are we giving away Jonahmurray tickets right now?
Speaker 1: Yes, we are right now.
Speaker 6: He's doing a special because he always ends the year back in Minnesota. He's like, I gotta show love to my hometown. So he's playing the Green Room on December twenty seventh with it just Saturday.
Speaker 2: Okay, very cool. Just call her number ten, Yes, just good. Take call her number ten. Here's the thing for Jonah Murray. Don't call unless you're a big fan. If we'd love to pack the place with big Jona Murray fans. So if you're like, ma, I think i've heard of that kid before. He was in New Kids on the Block. No, no, no, no, he was not. He was in why don't we? But if you love Jonahmurray, we'd love to pack the house with like fans of Jonahmurray and show him some love and support. Jonah Ray will grab a caller right now. Not necessarily call her number ten, but an enthusiastic caller gets set up. Here's Jonah.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: Next we'll do name that tune. Christmas Songs