Speaker 1: All right, it's Mojo in the morning show. It was so much fun having Jacob and his boyfriend, Chris my son and his boyfriend hanging out with us. I have to tell you, I am absolutely in love with their relationship. As a dad, there is nothing that will make you happier than when your children find somebody that treats them as good as you treat them.
Speaker 2: And I'm getting a little cloudy.
Speaker 1: Yes, Chris is a wonderful guy, and Jacob is wonderful to him. And it's so funny. You know, Chris has a podcast that he does, and he does also a he does technical or he writes reviews on tech products and things like that.
Speaker 2: Like he's a really good kid.
Speaker 1: And when he came into the studio to see our studios for the first time because it was his first time visiting us in Detroit. They live in Lincoln Park in Chicago. He came in the studio, he lit up and it was really cool to see how excited he was when he got around all the equipment and stuff like that. But we were having a conversation through the weekend and one of the things that they gave me as a potential topic is something I wanted to bring up right now. I asked him if they ever fight, and Jacob said, oh, yeah, we're not. You know, we're not like any you know, crazy relationship that won't admit to it, especially being in a same sex relationship. I got to be honest with you. You know who fights the most out of any couples the lesbians.
Speaker 2: Women. I found this. Did you see this statistic? There's like light in me.
Speaker 1: There is a statistic that I might get the number wrong by like a point or two, that says that sixty percent of lesbian relationships, more than fifty percent of lesbian relationships end up in divorce.
Speaker 2: I about a sixty nine.
Speaker 1: It may maybe it was wild that that. So they showed that they they end up in divorced the most. Then hetero sexual relationships end up in divorce the second most. Gay relationships between a man and a man, they are the least likely to end up in divorce.
Speaker 2: You know what the problem is?
Speaker 1: Women?
Speaker 2: You see that point? Many talking too much.
Speaker 1: So Jacob and Chris, we're telling me a story about the fight that they got into one time and they had to take an uber and Jacob was so minding to make his point that when they got into the uber Jacob, who is a therapist, that's what he does for a living, ask doctor. The doctor asked the uber driver for advice, and I thought, that is the funniest thing. How many times have you guys, ever been out in public in a fight with your significant other, your partner and you end up fighting only to have complete strangers get involved in your argument.
Speaker 2: You are really it's an honest party that doesn't have any affiliation. They can't pick a side. They just have to go based on either our arguments or the facts that are presented. And I think it depends on how you frame it too, though, because if you bring it up to someone else and the way you frame it to them, then they're usually automatically. I'm like, hey, excuse me, and it's you like, settle a debate real quick. Me like, that's how you got to do. That's how I feel like. I do this all the time on the show with Wes.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately our listeners always choose West Side, but we do do that a lot.
Speaker 2: Has that ever happened to it?
Speaker 1: We have any Uber drivers that are listening that have ever been driving for a couple that's fighting with each other and you had to like deal with the fighting and give advice. You have to call us up and tell us. Or have you ever been out in public and somebody like butts into your business? I remember one time it was. I called it, like we talked about home alone. I called it the home alone moment where you know how in home alone is like the nice lady that's in Central Park ends up helping the birds. Yeah, the bird lady becomes like Kevin's friend or something like that. Like Chelsea and I were out and I remember we were getting into like a little bit of a spat with each other, and this old woman who was like missus doubtfire comes out of nowhere and goes.
Speaker 2: You too should know.
Speaker 1: And it was like she had like kind of an old lady voice, and she was wearing like one of those old lady dresses and stuff like that. I'm telling you, if I lifted the wig off her head, it would have been missus doubtfire. And she kind of settled our argument with each other, and she basically told me you're a pain in the asta and be nice and basically gave us advice. And it's so funny because you never know when you're going to be the blessing to somebody's day. This woman was a blessing for us.
Speaker 2: It's also so much more productive. I think you need a third person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's where that's why therapists are so And have.
Speaker 2: You ever had this happen to you? This has happened to me and Chelse two.
Speaker 1: We're in a restaurant and we're hanging out like wherever Cony or something, and we're kind of not good with each other. And then you look over and you see that old couple sitting in a booth and you see the love that they have still for each other. Yeah, and you're kind of like, all right, this is gonna be us one day.
Speaker 2: You know, Or it's not gonna be us if we don't resolve.
Speaker 1: It's going to be me and a twenty year old. But eight for four Mojo Live eight for four six six five six five four eight. The text is nine five five zero zero. Has a stranger ever had to like give you any kind of relationship advice or gave you you know, have you ever pulled a stranger into your your fight?
Speaker 2: Janine? What's going on? How you doing?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: When my daughter was little, going to be forty. I had been in a store with her and she was mouthing off to me, and she was telling me she wanted candy. So I took two fingers and I smacked her across the face. So I look up and this lady comes around the aisle looking at me like she's going to give it to me. And I turned to her and I said, if you say one word to me, you're next, because I am not doing that.
Speaker 2: Gine. That's not where I thought.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if I want to say anything to Janine, might get two fine, no offense.
Speaker 2: I didn't get two fingers. I didn't. I didn't. I didn't. All Right, what a first call to take on this one? Amy? Are you there? Amy, I'm here.
Speaker 3: I just texted then, and I promise I will not see backwards on the radio. But very very uncomfortable situation. A friend of mine from high school. I ended up introducing her to her husband and they were married for a long time. Then went and played cards with her and her husband. Everything seemed to be fine. They got into an argument and she called him an effing midget, oh like with force, and we just sat there full. Yes, he was shorter than her, but it was so uncomfortable. We just sat there and didn't know what to do, and I just wanted to leave.
Speaker 2: M Again, this is not where I thought this topic was going to go.
Speaker 1: I was looking for wonderful moments where a stranger came in and helped you out.
Speaker 2: That was not it. No, okay, so far, I'm over two on calls. Let's see what three has to say. Lydia, Hi, Lydia, Good morning, guys. Morning.
Speaker 4: So, as an uber driver, I have to say it is undoubtedly more uncomfortable when people are arguing in my back seat than it is if they're making out.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so if there's PDA going on in the back seat, that's not that uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: But if they're arguing and there's.
Speaker 4: All this tension and raised voices, and then when somebody asks for my opinion, honestly, I'm gonna go with whoever's named the ride is in because it increased chance of anship.
Speaker 2: I never thought about that.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Do you have to like physically look at your your app to see who it was they called?
Speaker 4: No, I mean, honestly, you kind of know by the name, or you know whoever speaks first is normally the person that's taking charge with the ride.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you know exactly. That's interesting. All right, we got another uber drive around with us. Have you had to do uber therapy, Kerry?
Speaker 6: Yes, I have, and I usually go with the wife side just and kind of ease the husband to the wife side so he don't get in too much trouble on he I'm getting on Noki later.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So I kind of get this idea that you're you're.
Speaker 6: Be wife happy life.
Speaker 7: You know, Yeah, she might be right.
Speaker 6: You know, but if she's wrong, she's kind of still right.
Speaker 1: I like you you should make sure that they give you a good tip after one of those kind of rides.
Speaker 2: What's up, Cheryl? How you doing? Mo Joe?
Speaker 8: Yes, you know dang well that it's gonna be Chelsea with a twenty year old.
Speaker 1: I would love to see Chelsea dating a younger guy. I'm going to tell you that that would be That would be so much fun.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be a lot fun for her.
Speaker 1: I know, well, she looks way younger than I than than than I am, So I feel like when I'm sitting with her at a booth, people already think that I'm.
Speaker 2: The sugar daddy. What's up, Suzanne. I.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Good morning. My husband and I recently last week, we're out having a glass of wine and we did get the little snit at the bar quietly, and I was asking him to take it home with.
Speaker 8: Me and deal with it there. And next thing I know, our ex mayor from our town walked up interrupted and said, in case you're having an argument, I wanted to show you my new puppy.
Speaker 2: What and he had a puppy with him.
Speaker 8: He had a puppy with her.
Speaker 2: Oh, and she.
Speaker 7: Said in case you're in said, in case you're having an argument, let me show you my new puppy.
Speaker 2: And what did it do? Did it make you guys happy? Or did you guys just know?
Speaker 8: I stared at her, like, are you insane?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 2: Wow? What town do you live in? What town?
Speaker 8: Is this the salt Colorado?
Speaker 2: Okay, Colorado? Wow, that's wild.
Speaker 8: They saw Colorado.
Speaker 2: That's why he just wanted to sitation.
Speaker 1: But she knew even though you thought you were quietly arguing, Suzanne, she knew that there was something going on in the attention between the two of you.
Speaker 7: Oh, I give it to her. Yeah for sure. Yeah, it could have been obvious I'm not not disagreeing.
Speaker 1: My favorite is to go to and other couples are arguing because I think what it ends up happening is that it brings Chelsea and I closer together because you start seeing other couples like that where they look like they don't even talk to each other, and I look and I go, at least we got a better relationship than they right now, you know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Honestly, yes, have commented on that.
Speaker 8: For sure, we were that other couple that night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you for the call. I appreciate it. Susan time.
Speaker 8: I know I have called.
Speaker 7: I've been lucky enough to call many times, and I enjoy you all every morning.
Speaker 2: We love you, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 7: Thanks guys, take care