Speaker 1: Join camfans Corey Cove Monday, December twenty ninth, that Willie McCoy's and Ramsey for cores A Light, a Hockey Night Drop five starting at seven pm to catch Minnesota versus Las Vegas, enjoy ice, cold Cours, life specials, and played trivia for your chance to win great prizes, including.
Speaker 2: Sweet tickets to a game in January.
Speaker 1: Get the full details now at campan dot com keyword calendar.
Speaker 2: See if that if that game is against Vegas, why are we not in Las Vegas covering it's I mean, no kidding, I think my slot machine misses me, right, I should just do the cores Light event in Vegas. We could do trivia there. Yes, I'll say it again. I don't have a Vegas trip planned until June. I don't have one plan at all. So when in April? Baby? Hey? When do we go? Though? Do we go in October? When will we be there? September? October, October? So that'll be almost like what eight ish or so months in between Vegas trips. That's not acceptable. No March March go uh eleven day for three eleven day that too, m you can go for three eleven days Okay with that attitude, though actually I might, I might enjoy parts of the show. The weed. Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 3: As I told the story before, Corey and I sat next to two gentlemen who smoked weed every single way you could possibly.
Speaker 2: They had this case with them.
Speaker 3: They smoked a bong, they smoked a pipe, they smoked some kind of like steamroller pipe they have, and they smoked a joint the whole time, just sat there and smoked weed and watched the show.
Speaker 2: And oh yeah, this was at the park MGM, and we were basically like Batman and the Joker in nineteen eighty nine and just being like, where do you get y'all have your wonderful boys. They had the buffet of smoking weed options. Yep. Three eleven fans not shy about smoking weed even before it was legal. They never have cared. Most rock concerts don't, but their fan his fan base has never even just bring a.
Speaker 4: Case of various smoking implements into an arena.
Speaker 2: I mean, I never really tried this. I don't think anybody cares or that. Okay, glass detectors, Yeah, no. When when Chris Hockey and I went to New Orleans for three eleven day in two thousand and eight. I believe he thought we were the only two non weed smokers in the building. And I think, Sauce, even though you liked the weed, you and I didn't smoke. We saw three eleven Day in Vegas, and we also believe we were the only two that were not high at that show. You were, I mean, we were high because of the room we contacted. Were not. Yeah, yeah, high in our own supply. Hell of a time. Yeah, it was fun. But I can't wait until June. I got to go before that. You gotta figure that out. Yeah, all right, let's do a fan five. Let's do sports. Let's talk about sports.
Speaker 5: It's time for Fan five on the Power Trap, presented by Builders and Remodelers.
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks, Builders and Remodelers, you Marnie. The Wolves host the Knicks tonight, the NBA Cup champion New York Hitch. Yeah. The Wolves are nineteen to ten. They've won nine of their last eleven outside of OKC, who they beat on Friday. By the way, again, we talked about this yesterday. They're not that far out of like second place. They're within striking distance. In the West, that group like two to six in the West is pretty tight, so obviously it's going to be nearly impossible realistically, unless there's a significant injury for anybody to catch Okac. But two to six is that spot that the Wolves are probably going to end up. So let's aim high. Let's seef we can catch san Antonio and others. But the Knicks are twenty and eight, I believe. I don't think they played last night. Brunson not expected to play with an ankle problem, so twenty nine out change for Brunson, so advantage Wolves tonight. But I don't know about Jade McDaniels. Isn't he a game time decision?
Speaker 6: He's questionable.
Speaker 7: But the Knicks are not playing og Anoby either or Miles McBride, who is a regular rotation guy as well, so they will be down two significant scores and three significant players. Karl Anthony Towns is healthy and will be playing, and you know there will be emotion behind his return because he's the next only play in Minnesota once per year, and last year was early in this season in his first trip back, and he was great, and the next were great, and the Waves were not.
Speaker 6: And we hope that it's a totally different scenario.
Speaker 7: But you're right, Corey, with the given the injury report, it should be significantly advantage Timberwolves.
Speaker 6: Do we have a line on this game?
Speaker 2: They are seven and a half point favorites.
Speaker 6: Okay there really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because yeah, they're banged up.
Speaker 4: And then the secondary market tickets, by the way, pretty expensive, like this is a fairly big ticket.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I wonder if it still is.
Speaker 2: They're now eighty a half point favorites. By the way, it's gone up the points since the.
Speaker 6: Because of the injury news. I'm guessing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, But you're right for for people who want to see Carl Anthony town and it's.
Speaker 4: Beginning of a holiday weekend essentially, Yeah, Snaty can see Rosie and Sauce in front row.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be a fun night downtown. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Are you going to the game?
Speaker 4: I think I'm actually putting my tickets up for sale because we've got some friends coming into town that we're gonna hang out with it STI.
Speaker 6: I'll be there, but okay, come with us afterwards.
Speaker 2: Where's the old media section? Now? Where do you sit? I haven't been there?
Speaker 6: And a lo I it's split up into three.
Speaker 2: Are you in the premiere group though? Which group are you in? Which tier? Are you in silver? You're the silver tear.
Speaker 6: I've been demoted to silver.
Speaker 7: Lea by Olsen is in the gold for our group, but I am on the court. I'm just Kitty corner from the visitors bench. That's kind of the silver group. The gold group is Katy corner from the Wolves bench. That right off the bench where we used to sit no longer available.
Speaker 6: It is seating based. That was the best they sold it.
Speaker 2: To fans back in the day when people were like, I was single and a loser more so than I am now, and they'd be like, why do you go to like thirty Wolves games a year. I'm like, I basically have front row seats for free. You sat right behind the bench in those media sections and it was freaking awesome. Yea, so here and the teams suck, but the games were super fun. You could still watch, you know, like Kobe or whatever play. It was awesome. Yeah, which is wrong with the calves and yow ming with the rockets and stuff. It was awesome.
Speaker 6: There's been a real shift in stadium seating in like the play by play.
Speaker 7: And analyst for TV and radio always used to be court sided. In every arena and now it's probably half including Target Center where you're up at the top of.
Speaker 6: The lower bowl.
Speaker 2: So if you're not, if there truly are tiers and this gold tier, I'm just I like the name of it. At least who's in that gold tier? Like who gets to sit there?
Speaker 6: For us?
Speaker 2: For for the media in general? Is that like Krazinski?
Speaker 7: Yes, that Liabielsen, John Krasinski, Chris Heine, and Jason Frederick, like the main one single beat reporter. But if you have a second guy there, like if Jim Suhanna is at the game or something like that, they.
Speaker 2: Silver, there's silver, So who do you normally sit with? Who's in the silver group?
Speaker 6: The visit the visiting sideline reporter?
Speaker 2: Oh man, you get the castaways.
Speaker 7: Like a dunking on Wolves beat reporter?
Speaker 2: Is that Bonus's website? Where does Max? Where do you sit when you go? Which section are you in? Which tier?
Speaker 1: I usually sit kind of pretty close to the court when I like my past media seats.
Speaker 2: It was like not this year, this year, No, not this season, No, Oh, he's been demoted.
Speaker 7: He's a silver tier because last season the gold tier was right next to the Wolves bench.
Speaker 6: So Max was in the silver tier.
Speaker 7: Well, now the old silver tier from last year, Max, that is the gold tier.
Speaker 3: I see sources say all media seat next season in the lower level are going away.
Speaker 6: Oh really?
Speaker 7: So there is a bronze here and that is straight across from the Wolves bench. At the top of that lower bowl there is one row, one long row.
Speaker 6: No, it's fine, but.
Speaker 2: Because you see the game develop, Yeah I like that.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 5: Yes, I got sent up to the hockey press box last year during the playoffs. That wasn't great, Well didn't wasn't a bit one year for the Super Bowl. Bit that AJ and Hockey had press passes for the game and AJ satin like the Armory buildings street.
Speaker 2: Imagine. Yeah, no, I'd go home. Yeah, what an insulting thing to tell the media show up at an office building and watch it on TV. No, get bent? Yeah, what are you talking about a waste of time? Anyway? Well, I missed the old days of having those front row seats. Would sit next to Lake and then once in a while Sid would sit next to me and yell at me. Yep, kicked me out of my chair once, even though my name was on that chair. I sat there thirty times a year, and he still wanted me out.
Speaker 4: Lots of remember the press box a target field.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, especially about everybody's platinum to the target field.
Speaker 2: Man, it's a joke. He can kick you out of your seat, he once famously did once. Yeah, he was really mad. He just super mad, told me to get out of the seat. And I'm like, we're talking about this is my seat, said, and he just melted down, huge, huge, He had a huge fit. And then Mike Christaldi, who still worked for the Wolves at the time. Mike just came over and He's like, do me a favorite, buddy. I'm like, all right. If it wasn't if it wasn't for Mike, I wouldn't have moved. I was gonna put up my dukes and tell said, no, this is my chair.
Speaker 5: But this is my this is my girls mind smiling park.
Speaker 1: You go to hell. And I mean, yeah, as you know, Mike Crostaldi was the best, right, Yeah, Mike Crostaldi was the best.
Speaker 2: So like, you do me a favorite, dude. I'm like, all right, since you asked, I'm moving. So I went like four rows back, which is at the time was the equivalent of the silver tier. So I went from the gold level to the Silver level because Sid wanted me out.
Speaker 7: Yes, Mike Cristaldi is still with Charlotte Soume typically once a year, great dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ye, anyway, got the old No one's boot me out of my seat tonight. Maybe Rosie.
Speaker 6: Going to the Wolves game?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Really? Where are you sitting right on the floor? What?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my good friend Charlie Swanson, who I've never met in person. No, every time we have plans, I'm either sick or I have to babysit.
Speaker 6: Your your own child.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Interesting term, ladies and gentlemen, Charlie, I've just been with you.
Speaker 2: A florifying news story. I eat all of you. Stop what you're doing and listen. The Wolves are announcing the Gold tier tonight will be moved due to an obstruction in row one, so they need to be able to see the game. It's the second time I've kind of used that joke, but now I just wanted to say that the gold tier.
Speaker 5: Hey again, you have somebody has to sit behind Mark Rosen and Paul meet Sauce Lambert.
Speaker 2: Rosie's taller than hell, and Sauce has a head the size of the planet Jupiter. How do you think this how do you think the seating is gonna go well? Guards?
Speaker 3: He called me to tell me this because he has been fortunate enough to sit with our good pal Charlie, who I've never met. He says, sit next to Charlie because if you sit next to Rosie, Rosie kind of.
Speaker 2: Like man's bread It's like he's at home. And Rosie's you know, a tall human. So why he needs the exit row every time we take a flight of him. Ye has to have it. I'm gonna try and sit next to Charlie. So he man's breads and then is again gonna go Larry David on it and trip shack?
Speaker 5: Yeah, carl is he able to keep his legs off of the regulation surface?
Speaker 2: I think so? Yeah? So didn't So Martha Stewart said that who was it? Was it like Josh Harden Jalen Brnton stepped on her foot open toed shoes broke her toes like last may or something. What if Karl Anthony Towns breaks the foot of Mark rosen Man some silver tears, I'm gonna miss you next week.
Speaker 6: There is a chance Rosie will be wearing open toad shoes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's his thing. So it happened. It happened to Martha. Sturia said, yep, but it hasn't happened to Rosie yet. I don't want to talk about it. No, it doesn't happened to him yet.
Speaker 7: Well, saus, you are going to have a great time. That sounds like a really fun to.
Speaker 2: Do that tonight. I'm super fun. Yeah, yeah, I'm very Because you're sitting front row at a Wolves game and it's on the house, do you believe you will stay the entire game? Yes, even if they're upper down thirty yeah. Yeah. Do you believe that Rosie will stay the entire game?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean it's front row. If Rosie was sitting fifth row, would he stayed the whole game? Pull your hands up? He wouldn't go. Hey, you're saying that if he had fifth row seats he wouldn't go? No, probably not, that's right. Are you guys on the TV like camera side? Like can we see you on TV? You know? No?
Speaker 7: They will be backs to the main game cameras, but they will be in replays, and they will be sitting very close to Anthony Edwards's brother and and often acknowledges his brother after a big like sequence or something like that as he's coming back to the bench, So you'll be straight across from the Wolves bench and a Rod and Mark Laurie also sit next to our friend Charlie Swanson.
Speaker 2: So this sauce might talk to Mark Loriy tonight. You might sauce mind, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Very good chance.
Speaker 7: If you watch the game, you will be able to see the backs of their heads on the main game cameras.
Speaker 2: Everybody's going to be able to see the back of sauces. Are they worried about the game camera getting blocked? So look, we're playing the Knicks. When you go to a Knicks game, right, they showed Ben Stiller, they show Timothy Shallow, May they show Spike Lee Dusty. I mean, what's it got to take for the Wolves to throw sauce on the big screen and say, hey, k fans, Paul Lambert's here, sit in front row with Mark Rosen.
Speaker 6: I know a guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, throw sauce up on the big screens. I mean celebrity. In the words of Roy Scheider and Jaws, we're going to need a bigger screen. But don't do that at me. I wouldn't in my garage buddy euphemism Central com I don't want to park in your garage. I'm a free lunch. I'm gonna try that since college, no can can we make it? So?
Speaker 5: The videoboard shoutout just says meat sauce by chance.
Speaker 2: I love that. I read it like not please welcome or just not just not Mark Rosen and meat sauce. They were both in the shot. But then there's this ka fans meat sauce, Paul Lambert. Somebody loves attention. I would like that face light up. You brought that up.
Speaker 3: I like attention. Breaking news. Oh no, that's the break. No, I don't have any that's not breaking.
Speaker 2: Don't. We're probably listening. Why don't you politely ask them to put you up on the big screen. Oh no, I don't need to be on the big screen. Why are you winking? I don't know, man, This has been fun headlines Next more with Marty Gallaer and John Bonus.
Speaker 5: After this, Huh the Fan, This Talkback Tuesday, We're delivering Holidays year and Vikings tickets Open Cafe and on the iHeartRadio app, Hit the Red Mike and thirty seconds So last tell us which Viking has been the biggest get this year? Winners will be selected all day Cafe dot com keyword contest for full info.
Speaker 2: Purple Talkback Tuesday, Purple Talkback Tuesday. That's what they're saying on here. Purple Talkback Tuesday. Well the greatest hey, plam forty eight hours they do a little over that. I suppose we can't have a Purple Friday if they already played, we couldn't show up. We could be here Friday. You guys want to go here Friday? Nope, no no, or be at home no. Now it's time for heade headlines brought to you by my friends at Wolf River Electric and Wolfriverelectric dot Com. Go solar in twenty twenty five or in early twenty twenty six, get those solar panels put on or reach out to them and tell them that Marnie wants heated driveways based on solar power. Yes, please, yeah, just.
Speaker 7: Some version of it there. I mean, there are a lot of smart people out there. Wolf River included ex very sharkly Wolf.
Speaker 6: River and the north facing driveways unite.
Speaker 4: Right, maybe you can get the angle the solar panel so it reflects Yeah, yeah, onto your driveway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well said that would work as well. Sure, Chris is gone, so I can bring up Initials without getting yelled at. He hates self promotion. He is not a fan. Marns. We're not playing Initials on Friday. We're not no, no, exactly. So we are done for the year twenty twenty five. Oh wow, all right, that's our congratulations. I mentioned this a week or two ago. But you are the twenty twenty five champion in both wins and in points. How many wins do you believe you secured in twenty twenty five? Oh, by the way, there were fifty four total games of Initials in the year twenty twenty five.
Speaker 6: Fifty four games?
Speaker 2: How many did you win? So? Again, there was also the tournament this summer, right, so, and you've missed some other games, But so you didn't play in all fifty four twelve, twelve. Anybody else have a guess how many? That is the correct answer, MARNI won seventeen games. Wow, in twenty twenty five. Here are your winners, Marns, you had seventeen sauce you finished second with thirteen wins. Yeah, not bad. Yeah, Hawk had nine after his win last Friday, Parish four a J three and I think he went three for three. I think you just played those three games and won the tournament. Let's see if you guys can do this. There were eight one time winners in twenty twenty five, so the five I just mentioned were multi winners. Eight other individuals won one game in the year twenty twenty five? Can you name them? Dov won one? Nope? That was last year.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Ryan Jeffers, Ryan Jeffers, good memory, Jeffers won last what January Jeffers is one?
Speaker 2: You already said? Parish, right, well, he had four, just one.
Speaker 6: On the Black Friday Show, he did.
Speaker 2: Nope. Max Serty Nope, nope. Elizabeth Reeson Nope. Shall I remember invitational? Barb one exact? Actually Barb won a tournament game. Lit'll be on the Boardsburg Bossburg won one? Good, you're missing four? These are all from the tournament, I believe. Nope, a couple of years ago. Dusty Nope, all right, I can help you out. Well, who won in Vegas? The other four? This year? John Kriesol won this year, that Tyler George one in the tournament this year, of course, Glenn the Rube. Glenn won in the tournament this year. Glenn Schmidt and Glenn Channel fours. Frankie v. Frank Fassolero also won a tournament game. So those are the one time winners.
Speaker 6: That was my tournament game, Frank.
Speaker 2: Vank Marnie, you were the points winner for twenty twenty five. How many points do you think you secured in twenty twenty five? I'll tell, I'll give you a little hints. You beat Meat Sauce by fourteen.
Speaker 7: Okase seventy two points.
Speaker 2: One fifty one, you had one hundred and fifty one, saw Us had one hundred and thirty seven, Hockey with one nineteen, Perish with eighty six. Who do you think was fifth in points this year? A j.
Speaker 6: In three games? Yeah, you're probably yeah, probably, you're probably right.
Speaker 2: Nope, Zach O Zach Zach with eighteen points finished fifth. Nice, congratulations, Marty. Was the year of Marnie. You see, we see you can keep it going in twenty six.
Speaker 7: You know what if Zach Halberson is one of those players that if he played every week, he would probably be a yearly champion.
Speaker 2: I believe if he played every week he would maybe lead the group in points but finished dead last and wins. Yeah. Yeah, he always says, is that right?
Speaker 5: Because you'd shatter my heart every damn time, every single time.
Speaker 2: I hope you guys didn't see this. I hope you guys didn't see this or hear this, because I know Ben Maller was talking about this a couple hours before us. Did you guys see what Josh Allen and Hailey Steinfeld gifted their offensive lineman, the Bills offensive lineman. Right, that's a big thing. Everybody gets gifts for their offensive line.
Speaker 6: Hailey Steinfeld was part of it, well.
Speaker 2: You know, like the couple of them apparently together gave. I think it was presented from both of them to the offensive lineman. And that's how the story reads, at least so.
Speaker 3: The Superman bends. Yeah, was a twenty inch dub. You no two g lats on dub.
Speaker 2: This is how crazy this is. If you didn't hear this, this just is not guessable. It's that insane. Not a watch, not a car, not a golf car. Small children. That's that's the closest guests so far. That's honestly the closest puppies. You're getting wormery donkeys. No one wants. Zach's the closest so far. Baby camels. Maybe you're the closest monies. No cat, No, nobody wants that. You're closer with.
Speaker 6: Zebra.
Speaker 2: The Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen gave his offensive line one quarter of a cow.
Speaker 5: I was about to get the meat part, one one.
Speaker 2: Quarter of a cow each for his offensive lineman. That that's all right, that's what it is.
Speaker 7: We have one quarter of a cow that we went in with on friends. That is not enough, the minimum, the entire Just.
Speaker 2: Give them an unlimited Manny's gift card. Don't make them make their own steaks.
Speaker 1: What this says?
Speaker 2: A quarter of a cow? Uh, panning to four shopping bags eggs filled with packaged cuts of meat. I feel like this is something we've always wanted to get for ourselves. For this, I hope they bought them a freezer to Yeah, apparently the Bills said they were thrilled. They were very excited about it.
Speaker 7: Well, of course, what comes with one quarter of a cow is, yes, you get some of the the t bones which have the little piece of the fla in there, and you get but you get ground beef and get some chuck.
Speaker 2: Right, so you're gifting what financial approximation is one quarter of a cow with all that meat. What do you get? What did he technically give them?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's nothing like Luca gave the entire organization like scooters, although my sources indicate that one of the Vikings quarterbacks one year gave them all custom jeans.
Speaker 2: What an awful gift? Awful custom yep. According to AI, this is Google Gemini. A quarter of a cow generally cost between eight hundred and fifteen sixteen hundred dollars, based on the farm. This typically yields eighty to one hundred and twenty five pounds of packaged meat. Oh, I'm sure it's top tier. I'm sure it's like the best cow you can get, the good cows swag you from maybe or something.
Speaker 7: Why wouldn't you get the whole you know, Costco sells like the beef tenderloin, just that one big log of this spot?
Speaker 2: Mary? Would you, if you, Josh allen tho, if you have this much money, how about you just give them each one cow and it's alive and they can just shoot it when they want, right, Like, when do you want the meat? Not maybe necessarily this holiday season, but let it roam as long as you want and then take it out when you're ready to eat it. They can just put it in the second style of their grudge. Just whatever the Mannies, We'll play whatever the Manny's a buffalo is. Just say for a whole year, you can go there whenever you want eat. It's on me.
Speaker 3: I'll pay the tab on December thirty, first of twenty twenty six. Then they don't have to like make it freeze it.
Speaker 7: Forget about it, because what if some of them live in a condo and you just have your standard fridge and freezer.
Speaker 6: You got room for a court. We had to buy a deep freeze, like a smaller one.
Speaker 7: But it's a deep freeze in our two in our three car garage which contains two cars, we still had room to add trolls freeze.
Speaker 2: Hey, how do you guys feel about it? First of all, Josh doesn't have to get him anything, right, So I'm in that group that's you know, when Bill Gates gives hundreds of millions away and people still complain. I'm like, he doesn't technically have to give you a dime, so it's technically a gift. Awesome, right that Josh is giving them something. But how do we feel about regifting if you're giving a freezer full of meats and you're like, I don't need all this meat, Like they can regift that stuff. That's socially acceptable to pass it on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But so you're regifting your ground chuck.
Speaker 3: Because Martie said, though, like half of these guys don't live in Buffalo year round.
Speaker 2: It's not like they're going to go oh, I forgot to pack the ground chuck, like, but hang on, like, Zach, would you want to try Josh Allen's mate?
Speaker 8: Of course, I wish she'd give me a quarter of a cow shees. I didn't even understand that or that log thing that Marnie was talking.
Speaker 2: I wonder if he got sacked a lot this year. I think maybe, yeah, that's punishment, like next year, keep me up right now, I'll get your car or a full come.
Speaker 3: But didn't like, uh, didn't Shay when he won the MVP give everyone who played on Oklahoma or Rolex.
Speaker 5: I think that's he's making crazy amounts, but so is Josh. Hundreds of millions. Josh is making fifty plus a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Josh Allen's making more money than Shay Shaye I think is making like seventy isn't he isn't she in the seventy range? Now with the super Max deals, that's year per year. It's something like that already time no contract is something like.
Speaker 3: Four years to eighty or something four year, two hundred and eighty five million dollars super Max cont.
Speaker 2: Seventy plus plus. Yeah, wow, that is you're three hundred and thirty million dollar contact. Okay, So he's in the fifties and SHA's in the seventies. Like in both afford to full cow, yeah, or rolexes or two glets on you can trade a couple of magic beans for a cow. What are we doing here, right? Get them the whole cow. I like snowbobules.
Speaker 7: Also, if you're handing it in, I think you said shopping bags shopping bags full of meat.
Speaker 6: You gotta immediately get that, yeah, into your freezer, which means you got to go to Costco.
Speaker 2: You got to gift a freezer as well. I think you got to give the gift of a freezer.
Speaker 3: One of the guys is like man Patrick mahone, He's got all of his guys like custom golf carts.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the bag of meat, Josh, somebody, Yeah, thanks Josh. I wanted a scooter. One of them is a vegetarian. Them Grody Barry Manilo. Good news, bad news. Barry Manilo says he's been diagnosed with lung cancer, but he claims that they caught it super early. He might even get to avoid chemo. So it sounds like the outlook is very positive. But Barry Manilo lung cancer, but best of luck, looks like it was caught early.
Speaker 4: Last time we had Barry Manilo health news was I think he'd fallen on the ice or something. Maybe he was, you know, in a wheelchair, et cetera. Shortly after that we went and saw Barry Manilo in Vegas and he comes out on the stage and then beginning we'd all heard about this thing and he comes out in a wheel share to do his concert.
Speaker 2: Everyone's like, oh, no, we do.
Speaker 4: And then the first number was It's a miracle, and he throws off the thing and Eddie jumps out of the wheelchair.
Speaker 2: And it was all right. This bit is called headlines. I'm going to read you a headline that is so I think poorly written once you read the story, because it just is so obviously misleading, and I think poorly worded The headline reads as follows, swimmer vanishes after possible shark encounter off California coast during group outing. All right, so vanishes is an interesting word. And then possible shark encounter right now, let me read this story to you. They have this swimming group and the group says, we had a swim club that does weekly swims out here at Lover's Point. They immediately called all swimmers in and there was one swimmer who hasn't reported back yet. The person who reported the shark sighting claimed they saw a shark breach the water with what appeared to be a human body in its mouth, then witness the sharks submerged below the water line without ever resurfacing. The coast guard could not confirm that it was a shark attack due to insufficient evidence. So there's a fifty five year old woman who quote vanished. This person says, I saw a human in a shark's mouth and then go underwater and never resurface and she's gone. And they are saying swimmer vanishes after possible shark encounter off the California coast.
Speaker 7: Was there blood in the water any sightings of that? I would really be a going snatch could it if there was cheaper just.
Speaker 2: I hope everybody had a happy holiday season. We wish you the best. In twenty twenty six. This has been the power of Morning show on.
Speaker 6: Shark Attack.
Speaker 2: Best thing Ross heard the air. Oh look, I think you guys all know how I feel about sharks, Like I just it's great white sharks are my favorite animal on the planet. But it's also the thing I fear the most. Like I just cannot go past like my waist in water in oceans. It freaks me out. I can't imagine in most shark of Texas aund six feet of water or less anyway, so that's that's still in your waist. You're you're on their buffet anyway. I can't imagine just swimming in great white shark infested waters. I do like just going for a casual couple miles swim or something with a group. What hasn't do That's Rosy's daughter done that. That's like basking Robin's for a shark. It's like the thirty one of you, which one does it want? Well, the odds are pretty low. Yes, say that to this fifty five year old that's yeah, now vanished.
Speaker 6: That's a young lady. Maah, think about it. Ox's gonna be fifty five on Christmas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man swimming.
Speaker 6: That's the end of the story too. There's no follow up.
Speaker 2: That's sad. Well again she's missing. I mean, I don't know. I wonder how do they do this? How do they confirm it. It's not like back in the movie Jaws, where they just kill the biggest shark and cut it open and see if she's in there. That's not how this works. I mean, she's gone, she'd go. I just so super said.
Speaker 6: That's a terrible start.
Speaker 2: Nothing to bury. What does he have to do with it? We lung cancer? Uh we mentioned that earlier. But the powerball did miss again last night, so an estimated one point seven billion billion. On Christmas Eve. There were something like nine million dollar winners across the country, none of them though in Minnesota, I believe one in Wisconsin. I think somebody double check that. Try harder, Wisconsin, try harder.
Speaker 7: That's the silver Tear'd be perfect.
Speaker 6: Just the one mil, just a cool one mill on Christmas week.
Speaker 2: That great. We could it gets together, then you wouldn't have to win as much. We could share it. She doesn't want to share two or three hundred million she wants or three million?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: And then I would gift you I don't have that many friends quarter of a cow. That's how we know Marnie won the power balls. We're each getting a quarter of a cow.
Speaker 6: And a freezer and maybe a fourth stall at the cove house.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't matter, jeez. And then she'd ask for a quarter of a cow. You guys know Quinn Hughes, right, he plays for the Minnesota Wild. Quinn Hughes plays for the Minnesota Wild. Uh. His brother Jack is reportedly dating Tate McRae. Must be pretty nice being one of the Hughes brothers. She's part of the confusion Tate McCrae. So Jack Hughes and Tate McCrae reportedly in the mix. Tate's the best. She's a great singer, very good dance. Sure, and she's calmed down over there, Zachary, tell me more about Tate McCray. Why don't you? Oh, she's worth a Google.
Speaker 6: You know who loves her is Taylor Heisey.
Speaker 7: Yep, they went, She and Parker went I think to Chicago to see Yes that's in concert.
Speaker 2: Yep, good memory there marts. How do you guys feel about pluralizing names like Hughes. It's always frustrating.
Speaker 6: I mean the time of year, especially the Chris Christmas cards from the Hughes.
Speaker 2: How would you say it sauce like me? Yeah, all of the Hughes boys together would be what the hw brothers?
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: But if you had to do the plural version of their last name, the Hughes's, Hughes is I like the first one h a Hughes's. I like the anti plural you went with. Whether you just just take away the ass together? Does that?
Speaker 7: Does anyone get grammatically affected by Christmas cards? If there are there is a wrong apostrophe.
Speaker 2: Or well, how do you pluricize the bonus? Oh, bonus is a great name? Good good question? The bone eye Oh by.
Speaker 6: B o n i ye or b o n e y ees.
Speaker 2: We go with the bo i b o n i the bone the bone on your Christmas cards we have in the past.
Speaker 4: We don't really ended out Christmas cards much anymore. But yeah, people people refer to us as the bone eye, as the bonus. You don't have flamingos in your front yard, do you? I think those people definitely refer to you as the bone Eye. A couple of TV notes that I know people are keeping an eye on this week. The Pluribis season finale is tomorrow, that's Christmas Eve, and then two more episodes of Stranger Things, of course on Christmas.
Speaker 2: No three, No two, No three.
Speaker 6: I just looked this up yesterday.
Speaker 2: What you sure? No, it's two on Christmas Day, the finales on New Year's Eve.
Speaker 6: I thought it was.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 6: I'm pretty sure it's three on Christmas.
Speaker 2: I hope you're right, but I think it's two and one. But if you're right, that's fine.
Speaker 6: One because I looked up the length.
Speaker 2: You are one. Well, the finale is two hours plus. There are three new episodes of Stranger Things on Chris fantastic. The more the merrier. That's even better, thank you. So three on Christmas, one on New Year's Eve. Yeah, they're an hour eight, an hour fifteen, an hour six, even better, and then two hours plus for the finale. Somebody on Twitter said that the entire series is a little over forty five hours. If you want to watch it, start good time. It's fantastic, it's super fun.
Speaker 7: There are AMC theaters that are showing the finale on New Year's Eve?
Speaker 6: Will you see it in the theater?
Speaker 2: No, we we thought about it, but we're not gonna.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we looked into it too, And I don't need that crowd.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 7: Plus, the early shows are all sold out. So what am I going to go to a nine pm movie?
Speaker 2: Vampire plus plus again. I got a TV divorce years ago. I don't need to be in the theater with hundreds of people. And like, two minutes into the finale, have somebody go, who is that? It's Factna, just god, I'm going home, going home, I'm going to park outside. Have either of you started Pluribus yet or not?
Speaker 6: I've never even heard of it.
Speaker 2: Now you love it? Bonus Vince Gilligan, who did better call Saul and Breaking Bad that it's fantastic. The season finale is tomorrow. It's unlike anything I've ever seen. It's fantastic. It's on Apple TV. You are yep, don't look it up. Don't look it up, like, don't look up the plot. I should say. Bonus already knows too much. If you like Breaking Bead or almost like three clips of it and it was obvious what was going on there, So it's better to go and completely by. I would argue, if you know nothing about it, that first episode hits even harder. Okay, I still know nothing about it and you're only one episode behind.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Rio Seahorn is.
Speaker 2: The yeah from the later Yeah yeah yeah. So Vince obviously has a lot of faith in her that she can do it. She's awesome in this, super good and loved her in Better Calls. Well, I have a hunch you maybe even more because it is it is a little bit like Castaway, where there's a lot of scenes where it's just her, like she has to carry the whole show. It's great and she's good enough to do it. Kim Wexler, That's what I've been told, right, that's the character from Better Call song.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, so it's on my list. I don't have Apple TV anymore, so tell Musty to get it.
Speaker 2: They have Musty doing. You don't have Apple TV at the facility. Wow, give a seven car garage and no Apple TV. Johnny Bones, you were in Costa Rica? Yeah, the three hour Yes, So you went to the Winter Meetings and then jumped from Florida to Costa Rica.
Speaker 4: Went to Costa Rica because my oldest friend who I've known since I was two, like longer than I have memory. His son was getting married in Costa Rica to a Costa Rican girl. So it wasn't like a destination wedding. It was they were married here in the States and then and then had the wedding two years later in Costa Rica.
Speaker 2: I was just trying to get his attention so I could say that your hand was up the Costa Rica lady. What hawk? Oh yeah, yeah, I would say. I would say, I random Costa Rican lady. Ye, spin the wheel? Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: What is a Costa Rican wedding like that? Not a destination, an actual Costa Rican wedding.
Speaker 2: I mean it was great. It was this they live.
Speaker 4: Her father runs a small coffee farm about an hour and a half outside of the capital.
Speaker 2: So the service was at a Catholic church in a small town, all in Spanish. Wow.
Speaker 4: And then the reception itself was at a I guess they called it a country club, but it wasn't like a golf course anything like that.
Speaker 2: I don't know exactly how to explain it. It was just a nice event facility. You know.
Speaker 4: This was in Costa Rica because her friends wanted to celebrate her getting married. She had gotten married in the United States two years ago. They've been married for a while, but they wanted to have a celebration in Costa Rica for her friends, and then a bunch of his friends came down there as well, So it was a lot of Latin music, a lot of American. One of the things that happens that these celebrations is they have a liquor there that comes in a bottle like this that is pink and sweet and such, and everybody just does shots. Everybody does shots of this, and I was like, this is going to get out of hand in a hurry. Truth is that that liquor is ten percent alcohol, so it's even not as strong as wine. Amateur hour, Yeah, I call it amateur That's pretty hot.
Speaker 6: I got.
Speaker 2: But the reception went from like five to midnight, and.
Speaker 4: About ten o'clock they ran not a beer, but fortunately they're like, don't worry, we got lots of tequila.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that went. Something like three medical emergencies came out of the reception. It was pretty good. John Bonas, this is why that's why I love you. That's why I love you. I go, how is Costa Rica? Then you break down for four minutes. The situation, what specifically about the reception, what bruise was there, and how often it was available. It was your encapsulation of the entire country. But beautiful.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's a it's a country full of It's become sort of the American tourist destination, in part because a lot of people there speak English. I mean, it's I don't know, just about everybody you meet there speak some English at least.
Speaker 2: And Uh.
Speaker 4: It's known for its natural habitats and for its wildlife and animals. It's full of rainforest, there's beaches, there's volcanoes.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: And so you know, we spent there were three days in San Jose, which is the capital of it, but there's nobody stays in San Jose. You go to we went to and Manuel Antonio National Park where you go and walk through the rainforest and you see a guy and he points out to you the sloths and the trees and the monkeys and blah blah.
Speaker 2: Blahlo that super cool. Uh, And yeah, well it was very cool.
Speaker 4: Actually we ended up seeing a couple in the forest, but there was raining and they were just kind of huddling in the tree. It's actually like looking at a they look a lot when they're just huddled up in the rain, so they look like they're a coconut, like you wouldn't recognize it was a sloth, you know, they're kind of wrapped up. And then we also saw like some one just randomly at a tree by the beach. We had monkeys kind of we had a pack of monkeys run swing through the trees past our hotel, uh while we were sitting out the bar overlooking the pool, and then like four of them just formed a raiding party and kind of went right through the hotel bar and the pool area trying to grab such.
Speaker 2: So we got some we got regularly tea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was it was a mad It was the young thugs that Yeah, it was great the drive and these are fairly small monkeys, so it wasn't you know, particularly scary, right, you make you want to make sure you hold onto your phones.
Speaker 2: They apparently like iPhones. Yeah, right, check.
Speaker 4: And then then you go to the volcano which was active from like nineteen sixty eight through twenty ten. It's dormant now, but gorgeous area around there as well. Lots of wildlife. Two cans like tropical paradise, but on lots of mountains there, driving around, driving around it is can be a little intimidating because there's a lot of overpasses and such good trip.
Speaker 2: How was the booze situation on a scalegy Pink and then they ran out of there, but they're still at Tequila awesome? All right, Well, welcome back man. We'll see you next next week. I'll see back in the normal rotation show. We'll be around until well spring training, I think so. Yeah, love you Bony, right, love me, guess Mars. We'll see you next Tuesday as well. Right, yes, you will.
Speaker 7: I'll be here Tuesday, and I'll be at wolves Nick's tonight at Target Center along with me.
Speaker 2: And then coming out with us afterwards. Right listen, Yeah, waved to Sauce. He'll be right next to a Rod, Mark Lori and Mark Rose. Can't wait. It's gonna be fun. Nine to noon is next. The power drips back seven to nine tomorrow on Christmas Eve. That's seven to nine tomorrow. See you then. To listen back to Today's Power Trip Morning show, or to your previous show. It's The podcast is on the iHeartRadio app or KFA dot com.