Speaker 1: All right, it's Mojo in the Morning, show your Home of War of the Roses, Second Date Update, The Five Lives, Tell Your Mom, Phone Scams, and of course Shannon's thirty on the Thirty. So this past weekend, one of Chelsea and my closest friends wanted me to meet her new boyfriend. So basically her wanting this was to see if I liked him as she was dating him, to give her advice on whether or not I thought that he was a good guy.
Speaker 2: Or values your opinion.
Speaker 1: She values it and values Chelsea's opinion too, And since since I was in town and Chelsea wasn't in town, this was kind of her way of being able to figure this out. So we went to dinner and I hate this. I want to tell you why I hate this.
Speaker 3: You're I hate him, and I.
Speaker 1: Hate it when it's set up that way, like I'd rather just meet somebody and then give me my opportunity to do it, because then I feel like, oh my god, what am I doing job interviewing a guy? And I don't know if this happens If you guys ever had this happen to you where a friend of yours wants you to meet somebody that they're dating, and they say, hey, I want you to meet him so that you can tell me what you think or her, and then they ask you for your advice afterwards, and you have to like remember what you really felt about the situation or things, you know, stuff that was going on. And it has anybody ever been honest and said I don't like the person. So we get to the restaurant and it's me at the restaurant, my son, and then her son with her boyfriend that she's been been dating. And we sit down at the table and she makes him sit right next to me. Okay, so he sits right next to me, and he shakes my hand and all this stuff, and he's kind of like got a big smile.
Speaker 2: On his face. They're my age fifty, so like fifty years old. Okay.
Speaker 1: So the here's the thing. She's divorced, and she divorced one of my best buddies.
Speaker 2: Okay, as with her, yeah, because she's one of our she's our best buddy. The couple, we were a couple of friends. And how is the question?
Speaker 1: But that's a that's another topic and another time. So and I don't take sides with anything at all. Like I love mal and I love their kids. So he sits down next to me, and when he sits down next to me, he is a chatter man. He's talking. You can tell that he's he's nervous. Oh yeah, he's on point. So I figure I got to actually get too, So I start talking and we started asking question and he starts kind of like you know how guys, when guys sit next to each other and they want to try to I guess be liked by them, they'll try to find a commonality. So we started talking sports, so it was obvious, like, bro, we're gonna like talk about our favorite teams and we're gonna talk about our favorite players. So it kind of got to that kind of conversation. And as I'm talking to him, I look over at her and she's got this look on her face like she's petrified. She looks like she looked like she was either scared of him or scared of me, Like I don't know what it was, like she was scared of one of us saying something or doing something that we shouldn't do. And so we're having our dinner and doing our thing and going through and I'm noticing how he is with her son, because her son's and older is like Joe's age or a little younger than Joe, and I thought I saw kind of a good vibe between them. But Joe my son was like really loving on this guy, which I thought was actually pretty good, because Joe doesn't like anybody that's not the original. Like Joe is one of those people where if his mom and dad got divorced, he would never let either of us do exactly what she's doing, Like we would never be able to move on. I'd have to like forever, you know, be single, living in a basement or something like that, because he is like he cannot his head cannot move past his parents. He's very loyal, and he's very much about his childhood and what his childhood look like, and this is a screw up to his childhood. So he's kind of getting into it with this guy's name was James, getting into it with him and talking with him, and they're having this thing, and then I'm kind of getting a little jealous that the conversation is going away from me and I'm doing and I'm asking them questions, you know, to tell me, you know, so, what do you do for a living and you know, all this stuff, and I'm kind of going through the whole thing. Actually I should have done it, Chris, if we did this at somebody's house, would have said, so.
Speaker 2: Sit right down here. Did you bring contracts? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So we're talking and then we're having, you know, our conversation, and I find out that these guys have been dating for a while, like, which was wild. They didn't realize how long they had been dating. They'd been dating for a little bit. And he told me about, you know, the complications. His wife died, so he actually lost his wife, and so it's like her being a divorce a and he being a widow. So it's kind of an interesting how are the kids mixing all this stuff? So we get done with the whole thing. We're leaving the restaurant, and she stops me short before I go, and he starts walking with the kids, and it's like, all right, so what do you think? Asking me like a million questions, And I said to her, he sucked. No, I said to her, he was great. He was actually like I actually could see the genuine love that this guy had for her, but for her for her son who was there, and then wanting to be able to meet and be with, you know, the other kids, because she's got you know, three other kids, two daughters and another son. And it was really kind of nice because it made me feel like, you know, somebody respects your opinion on that and knows that you're a good enough guy that you're going to tell an honest opinion. Although I like everybody, Chelsea has told me that Chelsea told me to a fault, you know what I mean, Like, I you know, I probably hang out with you know, the Iatola homony or something like that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to make a bad people who were you know kind of whatever I'd be like, yeah, he and I were like we golfed on the weekends stuff, you know what I mean. Like, I'm like type of guy that hangs out with everybody and finds something good and everybody. But long story short, I think that there's pressure and it's weird when you ask friends do you approve or so to speak?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like that's why I think I'd be a bad I'd be a bad dad for daughters because I would hate everybody.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't think you would, no.
Speaker 4: But I feel like anytime that I've met a girl I was interested in friends, Like anytime I've met that friend group, you immediately.
Speaker 2: Know you're getting judged.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you go into it and you know that the conversation where you're not around is going to solely be focused on my positives and my flaws, and yes, expect it.
Speaker 5: That means she has good friends that are going to tell her honestly what they think.
Speaker 1: Do you ever have you ever had it where the girls judged you in a poor way though, like they didn't know you at all.
Speaker 4: I've never been in a well, I mean, I've been grilled, but I would like to believe I stayed the test of time. I've never been in a situation around friends where it messed up anything I had going on with the girl.
Speaker 2: Let me say, I have never seen you leave a bad first impression.
Speaker 4: I'm great at first impression and moms love me, but I never met a mom like me.
Speaker 1: Actually, I think everybody does love you, but I could see where you put on a little bit of your keV Like a little bit, for sure.
Speaker 2: A little bit, but have you read that's you?
Speaker 1: Have you ever had a girl that just didn't believe that that was genuine and tell her friends, no.
Speaker 2: Not for real, I think.
Speaker 4: I mean, I've had cookies that were hard to crack. What was it they didn't like about you? Just they came in with the I don't like you, you know what I mean? Sometimes people just come in with them You're already not good enough and you got to move mountains in order for you.
Speaker 3: To like, can I tell you something? I think I've told the story before.
Speaker 5: I still regret not telling one of my girlfriends, my really good friends, the truth about a guy she was dating.
Speaker 3: Thank God, they're not together anymore, she's married.
Speaker 2: Why didn't you tell her?
Speaker 5: Because I thought that she was happy and she had just gotten out of a bad relationship, and I'm like, oh, she's happy, Like, I don't want to ruin her happy.
Speaker 3: But I saw so many red flags.
Speaker 5: Really when I met this guy that she was dating, he was so rude and disrespectful, not only to me, but to her and her daughter. And it was the first time he had met me, and I just like, got a really funky feeling in my gut and I should have listened to it and said something to her. And after the fact, when they broke up, and I was like, I wanted to say.
Speaker 3: That to you, but I didn't want you seemed.
Speaker 5: To me like you were happy, and I didn't I want that for you, so I didn't want to ruin that.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Did I learn a lesson?
Speaker 4: Were those flags are ultimately the flags that she saw the time?
Speaker 2: A million? And did you only meet him once?
Speaker 3: I only met him one time because she lives out of state.
Speaker 2: Like if you never know if someone's having a bad day, for sure, bad first impression. So I would have second guests saying something too, like I really need to get to know someone.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. You can't have a bad day on a job interview. And this is like a job interview. I will tell you this. If you don't treat their child with respect, even if the child's not giving you the respect, that to me was going to be something that I was looking at the whole time. And when I saw him, our friends, you know guy James be really big on he brought them into stories like he was like, yeah, so my daughters, you know, and we hung out and I want the you know, kids, and he was like bringing them in. It wasn't like that my family separate your family separate. Also the other thing too that I got that I thought, I really really liked about this guy. His wife died, he didn't he has not been in a committed, like merry possible relationship and it's been over ten years because his kids were really young. They were like nine and ten when his wife died, and he did not want to bring another person. He dated but never brought anybody home. And he was like, I'm never bringing anybody home. And I thought that was real respectful because I'd probably date like in six months immediately my dad, my dad did I need companionship.
Speaker 2: And Joe would never talk to you exactly and.
Speaker 5: Look at your how how that affected your relationship with your dad and you didn't have a relationship with your step.
Speaker 1: Yeah because of that, And that was actually actually something I that I thought about. I was like, man, this guy reminds me of what I wish my dad would have done, you know. But then you're at a point where you're like, I really want this guy to uh, you know, to to be.
Speaker 2: Able to have somebody to love. What's going on? It's Mojo in the morning, Hello is built up? Yeah exactly, Hi, don't think no iotas why did you say? Say it again? Don't be hanging out. We want you to stay alive. Is that?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 3: Why don't I know?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 1: Oh? I think I threw it when I threw out there. I probably I probably would have been friends with you. No, I will not be friends with the iototes. Although I don't think I can ever be friends with the iatota. He's dead, so I won't be I won't be golfing with the iototes.
Speaker 2: Yeah. What what is your name? Bob? How you doing? You don't take care of yourself? We appreciate you, all right.
Speaker 1: A text her here says Mojo, did you do the same with Beyonca's boyfriend?
Speaker 2: I knew Beyonca's boyfriend. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: But actually it worked out great in that sense. But I remember you telling me before I had a boyfriend. You said, I need to approve of your man before you get a man.
Speaker 1: That's right, and I and I but I knew where this guy's coming from because I knew his family. Actually, Shannon did not bring West around me until she was already in a relationship. But you did bring him around others on the show. I remember, wasn't it? It wasn't Joey and Spike, and those guys knew West way before I.
Speaker 5: Spike did not. Joey had met him before the charity thing, Yeah, and kind.
Speaker 2: Of knew about it. Yeah, why didn't.
Speaker 3: You bring because I because I wanted to make Shre.
Speaker 2: Like him first. Okay, you thought I was going to chase him away? So that was.
Speaker 1: What are your intentions? With my co host? That was That's what my dad, my father in law, said to me when I met Chelsea, What are your intentions? I'm like, I don't even know what that means, but I'd be quite honest with you.
Speaker 2: Man. I but you before I met Chelsea.
Speaker 3: No, you had met.
Speaker 5: West before, but we weren't dating.
Speaker 3: I mean, I didn't have any interest.
Speaker 4: So so a girl had brought I don't even know how long we was kicking it, but girl brought me over to her Sunday dinners. She said, Sunday. Yeah, she's at Sunday dinners with her family. Is her mom was there, her auntie, her uncle, her little brother, her little sister. Like, it was a nice group of people. So she brought me over. And after we get on eating, it's a feast. After we get on eating, we go like in their living room, their great room or whatever. We in there, and all of a sudden, her uncle says, so, what's your intentions with her? And I'm like, I'm gonna tell you the exact thing, same thing I told her. I was like, I'm just here to be a blessed in her life.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that was Honestly, I would call bull crap on that, but I think that's wonderful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because our train.
Speaker 4: But no, I wasn't because I didn't know if I was like trying to be in a relay. I didn't know what was going on, but I knew that I I'm here to be a positive influencer. That time, I told her the same thing. And I'm like, that's a safe answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, cool, that is a better answer than what you would probably say on our radio show right here,