Speaker 1: Good morning, lady and gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 2: I'm like a dog in heat.
Speaker 3: I woke up yesterday morning with us three of us to start later, please, I could never know if the day with us forward. Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key.
Speaker 1: Demograha, super duper.
Speaker 3: That's nice.
Speaker 1: Fight Ago Neto Gay, Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 4: It is the twenty second day of December. Good morning, everybody. Welcome to Monday morning on the Power Trip Morning Show. It's a Monday, a Vikings victory Monday. Let me spit it out here. It's slickered, it's not outside, it's raining, so you all be careful. Okay, we need everyone. Yeah, welcome to Monday. It's Christmas week and the Vikings won. And yeah, there's a lot to talk about. So let's get her started. Shall We want to wait another moment. Here's from comedy, Ladies and gentlemen, a man by the name of Dave Chappelle. Come on in, everybody, It's Christmas Week. I'm so grateful and I'm so glad you're here.
Speaker 3: Some people say all black people look alike. No one says all white people look alike, though, however, No, why you guys do kind of sound alike. I don't know what it is, but you have a certain quality in your voice, like I didn't quite put my finger on it, but I am here, you know what I mean. Like sometimes I watch TV, I'll be like, oh, it's a white guy. I can tell it's a white guy.
Speaker 5: Up.
Speaker 3: Oh man, Brian Gumble.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm like a dog in heat, a freak without working. I have an appetite for sex to.
Speaker 2: Be so hardy.
Speaker 3: Side sweet, I'm like a dog in heat. Fee is on your side. You hand the distance under this and then you stride.
Speaker 1: Christmas Week twenty twenty five. It is Monday, December twenty second. It's the Power to Morning Show. Cory, Chris, Paul, Zach. Those are our first names. High.
Speaker 3: Hi, Hello, how are.
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 3: Happy that game's over?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: That was a preseason football game and the Vikings suffered multiple injuries.
Speaker 3: That's not good.
Speaker 2: No, I know they won, so.
Speaker 3: That pisses you off because the draft status is hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, that was a rough game.
Speaker 3: Rough flight out too, you know, not ideal, but whatever. Yeah, that wasn't eat.
Speaker 4: That wasn't good. That was that was that sucked. That sucked.
Speaker 2: Man, sounds like it.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what was going on, Hawk, But my favorite part was when you tweeted something something and then hashtag no more fire trucks ever land.
Speaker 4: When there's fire trucks waiting to make sure you don't catch on fire and die.
Speaker 3: No, no, I have.
Speaker 7: So the landing gear hatch wouldn't close. Yeah, so the landing gear was up.
Speaker 3: That the hatch wouldn't close exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, that doesn't seem good.
Speaker 4: Well, the problem, apparently is that if the landing gear is exposed to ice, it may not come.
Speaker 2: Down, makes sense, it might be frozen in place.
Speaker 4: And of course that didn't happen, and they had good I'm sure it was just an overabundance of cautionable We got appreciated half really yep. We got to that, yeah for sure, got to almost Chicago and then we uh and it was weird because we weren't very high, you know, like all things considered. Going to New York, you know you're gonna get way up there, right, but then we never did. You know, you're just going by your business whatever. There's a lot of traffic. Maybe it's you know, maybe the air is bad if they're out of it. And then suddenly I look over. I'm sitting beside Benjamin, and I look over and he's got to look on his face like, you know, a concerned look on his face. Like so I take my earbuds out of my my, my big head, and they say that, you know, we'll turn around, we're going back, we're going to land, and you know there's some issues with the landing gear and blah blah blah. So yeah, that's what it was, and so we you know, had to they had to put the landing gear out really early to make sure that the landing gear was gonna come out, of course, and apparently having the landing gear out when you're still a long way mixed for a bumpy flight. And so you know, it was just as I said, it was just concerning and bother some man. And I'm sure there was never a moment we were in any danger, and everybody was very very calm on the plane. But I had to give myself a stern talking to I'm not gonna lie to you. I had to like it, because you know, you just we've and I know, especially this time of year, I fly so much, and a lot of people fly way more than I do. But you get lulled into this sense of yeah, I was you know what I'm getting on a plane. I'm going so big deal. But when you hear well, what if the landing gear didn't come down, You're like, oh, that's right, We've got a full take of fuel. We were gonna fly to New York. There's a lot of weight on here. And I have nothing to do with whether I live or die right now.
Speaker 2: Right What a weird thing out.
Speaker 4: So I had to talk myself out of that. I'm not gonna light That's what. I Haven't had to do anything like that in a very long time. But I'm like, you're fifty five years old, almost get hold of yourself.
Speaker 3: Hey, can I ask all of you a question, Zach you probably know.
Speaker 2: The answer to this.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 7: Let's say you're flying in New York and you have the problem that the Vikings plane has if you're over Chicago. I'm just I'm not saying they were exactly over Chicago. Let's just say, for argument's sake, though you're right next to Chicago, why can't you just land in Chicago, deal with it, take off and do it again.
Speaker 2: Why can't they figure that out? Why do they have to go all the way back?
Speaker 1: We hear that all the time, right where you're like halfway over the Atlantic and then you have to go all the way back to France for some reason. It's like, well, you were almost there. Why can't you his land on the east coast and then figure out the problem.
Speaker 2: Why do they always go back?
Speaker 1: My guess is, and I don't know that they told you anything, Hawk, but my guess would be that it was easier to get a new plane, which they're going to need in Minneapolis. In Minneapolis, so I think if it was more urgent, they can they can land anywhere very much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that would be my guess is.
Speaker 1: It was just they was a fantastic answer is they got the southern I think just past like Madison. I guess is when based on the flight track is when they turned around, and I think at that point it's like, yeah, go back, get back and get a new plane.
Speaker 7: You ever seen that video of there was a there was a plane that I think had like the front wheel pop or go out, so they like landed it like they had a time out that truck where there was like a truck that had a land you know what I'm saying, Like they had a time where that like the truck caught the front of the plane.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know where you're saying.
Speaker 7: In Madison. Would they have had to have like a four wheeler time it out right? Or how does that work if they would have had to land in Wisconsin?
Speaker 4: Maybe a dumb if you guys would like I actually know the answer, but you're really close zecho. Also the fact that that it Minneapolis is the Delta hug so it was much easier to get a Delta plane in Minneapolis.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that was exactly right. Yeah, that's the thing, Yeah, greasy.
Speaker 4: And then we got here back here and sat in the plane for ninety minutes, the old plane. Yeah, and they got waiting for the new plane. And then they let us off the plane so we could go into the terminal, but we had to stay in a cord enough area and they fed us, which is cool.
Speaker 1: Chick fil A, Oh lucky. I mean, I'm glad you survived. Yeah, I would probably risk that for free.
Speaker 4: Then we got back on the plane, sat there for a little longer than we had to get off the plane and walk to the other plane and got on that plane. They got that some bitch all geared up, and then we took off and it was just an absolute disaster of chop the whole time. I mean, I thought I thought he was done. I thought he was just going to say, you know what, thank you Jesus and jump out the window.
Speaker 3: But he did not. So what time were you supposed to land in New York? And then what time did you actually land?
Speaker 4: We got I'll tell you. We got to the hotel at eleven thirty five pm.
Speaker 3: Sheep.
Speaker 4: Let me look on my old itinerary, and that's easter by the way east.
Speaker 2: You guys took off at eleven.
Speaker 4: I had to be at the facility at eleven thirty that morn. Yeah, yeah, uh yeah, looking Sorry, this new fangled phone has got me all upside down.
Speaker 1: I'm finally getting a new phone too, are you really? Yeah, it's getting shipped. It's a long overdue sand.
Speaker 2: To bringing you one.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's kind of it.
Speaker 1: Which one the seventeen But it's just uh, I would have kept this phone, but the battery sucks.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I know people and just changed the whatever I was gonna do, an I'm not going to change the battery.
Speaker 3: Not to not to change your battery. You told me not to.
Speaker 1: Well, you've got like what the thirteen or eleven eleven hanging on to the eleven. It's working fine, Just uh, battery sucks.
Speaker 4: You're supposed to arrive at four thirty eastern.
Speaker 1: Okay, so seven hours later seven throw you off a little bit. Yeah, so that's why the game sucked so much.
Speaker 3: We got thrown off?
Speaker 2: Oh man, Yeah that was a rough one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, so if you're if you're a Vikings fan, you're going all right, this sucks. We saw a little flash in the first half. JJ was still doing some cool things.
Speaker 7: Then he gets hurt, and then mostly Brozmer just handed it off the second half. Let's just get out of New York win or lose. Who cares, Let's get out of it. I totally get it right. You're you're throwing Brozemer back into the fire. He didn't get first team reps because JJ's back. Yep, it's gonna be tough. But if you're the Giants, I know they've we've talked multiple times this year about Jackson Dart being a franchise quarterback and they're happy with Jackson Dart in New York.
Speaker 3: They handed the ball off the whole time. They didn't want to let him throw. No, it's like they didn't trust him.
Speaker 1: Wasn't it like the midway through the second or something before he finally threw a pass. If I'm a Giants fan, if I go to that game, I'm like, what are we doing? Didn't that look like a tank? Didn't you have a zero passer rating in the first half? It was what one for five with a pick at one point? Yeah, yeah, yeah, and must he said, that's the first time he's ever seen that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just no. They didn't want to win. They didn't want to win at all.
Speaker 1: That pass that he had over the middle of the fourth quarter, that guy blatantly dropped.
Speaker 2: The numbers. He dropped that on. They don't want to win. Why would you?
Speaker 1: They don't want to be that head coach isn't going to be there. What's he care? That was a and then like going forward that I shocked. They didn't go for it on every fourth down just so they didn't have the opportunity to get any points.
Speaker 2: They didn't want to win that game.
Speaker 4: Well, you think an interim head coach doesn't care if they win or lose.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's going to be the head coach.
Speaker 4: Doesn't want to show people that he's actually capable of coaching a team.
Speaker 1: He didn't show anything yesterday because I would argue that first fourth and five where they win for it.
Speaker 2: That was Mike kaf saying, I do want to win the game, right, But then the rest of the.
Speaker 7: Research paper, if you will, It's like, well, then why if you want to win, if you're going to be aggressive and go for it on fourth and five, why are you just going to hand it off to Tracy ninety seven times and run the clock out against Max Brosmer once Brosmer gets in there and it get no offense to Brosmer, But clearly a disaster when he played against what Seattle?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Was that Seattle?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a tough defense.
Speaker 3: But still like scare the kid, right, here's your chance.
Speaker 2: Yeah boo man, that was a that.
Speaker 1: Was a preseason game wrapped in a regular season game. And that was that was dicey Oh, I know, the not Andrew Dice. Clay Oh, just dicing in general, that was a tough watch. But we're three days away from another Vikings game, and now we have no idea if JJ is going to play correct. X Ray's negative, but no update. I'm sure we'll get one quickly with the condensed week.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, you know, I really hope we don't waste these last two and a half games not seeing JJ, because he definitely was trending the right way. Yeah, but all they're doing is winning. I doubt he'll play on Thursday. Wasn't the it that he couldn't grip the football?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he dropped it before he got hit on the sack fumble return for a touchdown. The ball was out of his hand before he even got hit.
Speaker 3: Ouch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that looked like that hurt very badly. Hmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was an odd weekend. Yeah, odd weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just seemed like everybody wanted that game to be over. The second JJ got hurt. It's like, can we just call it?
Speaker 3: Right? I think if they would have asked both teams, can we just stop the game?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: The game's over, let's just wrap this up.
Speaker 4: They were pretty happy in the locker room after the game. Man, JJ talked to us, talked to Ben for like almost seven a half minutes, said the F word, it's fun. We talked to Van Ginkle Jefferson j Yeah, yeah, yeah, he was super happy. Heard some great things about JJ this weekend. By the way, if you're looking wondering whether or not you're your kids should buy a Jefferson jersey and cheer for Justin Jefferson. The answers, Yes, what a good dude, man, I heard. Are you going to talk about the hospital thom Yeah, okay, I didn't know if that was out yet or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was all yeah, I think they TV.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, there's.
Speaker 4: A story coming out. Even on top of that, something he did for somebody in particularly while he was on that trip that I mean, I almost bought a jersey from him. I woll for him. I mean, my goodness. So yeah, but everybody was really really pleased. Man. I'll tell you, I know what. I understand that it was not a fun game to watch, but and and I understand the the whole idea of you know, wanting a better draft choice and all that stuff, but a lot of people still playing uh real hard, you know. And and how about Brian O'Neil going out and Brian O'Neil was just heard of some other people and he still played.
Speaker 3: Heel heel, right, yeah, yeah, I mean, uh, he.
Speaker 4: Was watching him in the preseason warm up whether you know how they have people who are kind of injured, whether or not we can play them or not. Two and a half hours before the game, he's out on the field and it doesn't look like he's gonna play. I would have told you he wasn't gonna play. He played the entire game, didn't go on injured reserve, didn't do anything like that.
Speaker 1: He played the entire game. Yeah, said mad respect for that kid, So it's cool. And then he led the team in the bit the matellus usually does. Did you see that before the game? Got them all charged up?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man.
Speaker 7: And if we're if we're gonna take these you know, these last handful of games, win or lose, as a chance to evaluate JJ and his receivers have not helped him at all. How about how about how much different his stat line looks yesterday. If Jordan Addison catches that touchdown, which was a great throw, hit him right in the chest, have to catch that. He's had a lot of drops at the hand of jj McCarthy, right, helped the kid out. That's a touchdown if Jordan Adison just catches it, and then the interception it hits Jalen Naylor in the hands. Yeah, and if bounces off of him and it gets picked off. So arguably his worst play, not his fault, Jalen Naylor's fault, and one of his potentially better plays gets dropped at the hands of Jordan Madison.
Speaker 2: So it's like, man, that's a huge swing both ways.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Think I thought the kid was playing well in the first half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with you. Yeah, they put him in some good situations. Yeah, he's made the most of what he has. He's just he's got to stay on the field, right, like you hope this isn't it's not broken, so that's good.
Speaker 4: I'm worried about ligaments, man, Yeah, but in fact, you can't hold onto a ball like that. That's what I'm working And again, I don't know any about anything, and I do not have any inside information. That's just me watching him. I'm telling you. If you see when the you know, the fumble recovery for a touchdown, the ball is definitely I don't know if they've showed that enough on television or not. But the ball is definitely out of his hands. Before he got hit, he lost you know, he lost grip on the ball. If I don't know, man, if it's not broken, something was going on. But he was definitely in pain. I hope he's all right, but you're right. I'd love to see him play again Detroit and Green Bay as well. So we're going to play those games. We might as well have our guy in there. Huh.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now we've won three straight, so our draft picks is not going to be great either way. We screwed that up right.
Speaker 3: The dream of just bombing out is dead because you've won three straight.
Speaker 2: So yeah, just win. I mean, now it doesn't really matter, and.
Speaker 4: We're going to get down to two or three or four games lost anyway, can't They can't take away victories?
Speaker 1: No or ken they think so, no wain at this point, especially if you could knock the Packers out of the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Wait, whoa, you're a Packer fan.
Speaker 4: Now, don't try to throw up a there, buddy, boys.
Speaker 2: You said that, Yeah, but I didn't mean that.
Speaker 3: Piking's pregame show, I didn't mean that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, right, I was just feeling in because Brett wasn't on right right? Who's Brett the dude? You say you went to sleep before that game was over. That was one of the best finishes of the year. Bears and Packers.
Speaker 4: That was the dumbest game.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, gosh, what do you guys?
Speaker 5: How do you?
Speaker 2: How do you? How do the Packers consistently not recover on side?
Speaker 4: Don't you mean us?
Speaker 3: How do we know?
Speaker 2: I'm not anymore?
Speaker 3: Man? We got a hold on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah we wait what we we have to catch that on site. You can hit us like you step into it. Go get it, Yeah, go get it. I'm very disappointed in our team. Man, you've changed, you really have.
Speaker 2: Well, at least it's for the better. Be happy, man.
Speaker 1: You do whatever your ladies tell you to do. Sure, man, some guys run their house, some guys run around.
Speaker 3: Their house, and some guys change their house to a packer's house.
Speaker 2: Don't run around anything.
Speaker 3: That is true.
Speaker 4: We don't have to drive their house around because they live in a mobile home.
Speaker 2: That's kind of cool. Like cousin Eddie. Cousin Eddie's wife.
Speaker 4: I always thought she was kind of cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah you would, Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: What I's Ben will be here later, Muscle be here later. Bes Christmas week, Chris, you're off the rest of the week. We're off Thursday and Friday for Christmas and the day after Christmas.
Speaker 7: So a short week of the power Trip morning till Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, but more after this.
Speaker 2: I'm a fan, all right, welcome back? Here?
Speaker 3: Was this supposed to be superstitious? I don't know, like the generic version, right the non don't I.
Speaker 4: Think this is probably? Oh yeah, wait a minute, you know I have a questions about these these pod Saves things. I'm gonna almost guarantee you that this is not a real band playing this song.
Speaker 2: Oh so it has to be.
Speaker 3: This is guaranteed human.
Speaker 4: I don't think it is. Wait a minute, there's I would I would say that this was no unless they hired Here's here's what I wonder you guys know of the company we work for, Right, do you guys believe the ga billion songs that we have in the pod safe system that they hired musicians and said, hey, you guys, here's a ga billion dollars. Go in the studio for the next five months and record about seven million songs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do a song that sounds like superstitious but not quite. Spend hours doing it so we can play the bed right, make sure it sounds tight?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 2: That sounds great?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't think they would do that.
Speaker 7: I know they would because this is guaranteed human right, guarantee, Paul, are you a human?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Promise yes, Zach, let me check. Promise.
Speaker 2: Feels like it, Chris, I feels like I might be.
Speaker 4: I think I am. Yeah, I don't know, Maybe I don't. I'm this might be the matrix, though, I don't know if I am going to be like a very matrix thing to do with the matrix to say it wasn't in the matrix.
Speaker 7: Right, It's like if this is a simulation, guess what, none of us would know. We're in a simulation, not a single one.
Speaker 4: And by the way, give me the steak, don't wake me up. Me and the little dude with the weird go tee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Vern Troyer, Oh, obviously what matrix? Did you watch? He was in the third one? Was he played? Neo?
Speaker 3: Oh? He did?
Speaker 2: You didn't see the third one?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was the one that got critically hammered. They thought the lead was pretty bad. They had vern Troyer played Neo. Yeah, Keanu asked for too much money. He was being a prima donna, so they let Verne do it.
Speaker 2: I bet it's pretty good.
Speaker 4: You let a guy hit you in the jaw as hard as he could and break your john knock your teeth out for like ten million dollars.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think they asked that on on Beyond the Pond. I think they were asking. I think Fallness asked Mikeletti that, did he not? I think the number they said Saturday Mone was like ninety million.
Speaker 7: Yes, if if you want to break my jaw in two places, I really do, come up with ninety million, and I absolutely will let you do it.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm gonna get back to you.
Speaker 3: What's the Yeah, what's the recovery time on a broken jaw?
Speaker 2: How does that work?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, they had to put steel plates in his face.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: Then you're halfway to being Wolverine. Yeah, correct, And you gotta you could tell people that I'd pay you ninety million if I can be Wolverine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, being Wolverine would be sweet. You'd never get hurt.
Speaker 4: Does Wolverine have a metal Wiener.
Speaker 2: No, you think it's the tin Man. Yeah, the tin Man definitely is a sheet metal wiener.
Speaker 4: To take wolverines does though.
Speaker 3: Maybe what's that stuff called sulitanium sitanium adamantum.
Speaker 4: That's him? Yeah, you know, too good, too good to to don't.
Speaker 1: Break, don't same adamant Yeah, oh no, that's uh seven Mary three. Oh that is a little conversation.
Speaker 2: Who loves that band?
Speaker 3: Nope?
Speaker 2: Pat Smear, Noe Smear No, uh Garlar Yes.
Speaker 4: Seven were married too, but oh seven eight nine?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well they're a little maintenance though.
Speaker 1: You know what sucks about about Jake Paul getting his job broken in two spots? Nothing, but he made ninety million, yeah if it was Did you hear that he got his job broken in two spots?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I guess they paid him like ten k for the fight, but he got his ass kicked.
Speaker 2: I go good.
Speaker 7: I can't even feel good about him getting destroyed because he got so freaking rich off it. It doesn't it doesn't change his life at all. In fact, it probably makes his life way better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now people are talking about him more. Yeah, so I don't know, I think.
Speaker 4: Probably right, But let me tell you, you get hit hard enough from the face you start questioning all your decisions.
Speaker 1: Well, everybody like, beforehand, is it Dana White, the guy that owns UFC. There was a clip where Dana White was like, who's he fighting? Yeah, oh, that's a terrible blue idea.
Speaker 4: It was a terrible idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Even Joe Rogan like, that's a terrible idea.
Speaker 3: It was everyone.
Speaker 4: I didn't anything about the guy who was fighting, to be honest, and I'm just being on. I didn't know anything about him. But every person I saw in the fight game was like, yeah, this is really a dangerous situation to be in. And of course you start feeling pretty good about yourself until you get punched in the face.
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 4: What did uh? What did Michael Tyson say? Everybody's got a plan until they get punched in the face. Yea, that's exactly what happened. And you could you could tell that punch moment. Oh yeah, you could see the moments before where you could tell. Jake Paul was like, normally we don't swing in each other like this.
Speaker 1: Like there's so many clips in viral of like Mike Tyson ducked under one of his shots and had an open shot at him.
Speaker 2: And he just didn't take it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's what I think he most of these fights are. But when this guy was like, oh, you're gonna punch me in the face because he did a few shots.
Speaker 2: Before you, I'll break your jaw and it's over. Don't do that.
Speaker 1: And the look on Jake Paul's face when he realizes, oh, something is very wrong and his mouth is half open, like oh, you're like, oh, see you later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good luck drinking liquids for the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: What hammered him, He hammered him across and right before that round, Logan Paul is just talking trash to him and it's like, Okay, it would have.
Speaker 3: Been awesome if he just jumped over the ropes and broke his jut too.
Speaker 2: Don't encourage it. It's all envy and jealousy. It's fine.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're crazy rich, they get to do whatever they want to. They marry supermodels. Yeah, they're doing something right. But you know a lot of us, I don't think we change places with them in some ways, right, we all want the money. Yeah, sure, that sounds em olmarny and must don't the rest of us do? I want ninety million.
Speaker 1: I want to win the power ball tonight. It's one point six billion dollars.
Speaker 2: I hope you do.
Speaker 3: Still won't get hit.
Speaker 2: I hope you do.
Speaker 7: A bunch of million dollar winners the other day, but again none of them from Minnesota. One point six estimated jackpot tonight. Estimated cash value just over seven hundred and thirty five million, Man, Zach, you want to hear the.
Speaker 2: Numbers from Saturday?
Speaker 1: Sure four nice, five nice, twenty eight nice, fifty two nice, sixty nine super nice, and then the power ball was twenty hey hogs. Yeah, if you won that cash bit at seven hundred and whatever that was, Yeah, and you had like two hours, you could go to the casino.
Speaker 2: What would you bet at the slot machines?
Speaker 1: Know? When you had that in your back pocket and I had, how I have how much money? All the seven and thirty five million? They don't Well, I mean the problem is they don't have a slot where you could waste that much.
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know, what's the biggest spin in Minnesota.
Speaker 4: That's a great question about five hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a five hundred dollars spin in Minnesota.
Speaker 2: I mean, you probably put it up to twenty five bucks of spin.
Speaker 4: I know there is actually I can see see I'm thinking about yeah, and then bet the max yeah yeah, but again that's you.
Speaker 3: Know again, how dumb?
Speaker 7: How dumb are the gambling laws if there's a five hundred dollars slot spin, but we can't bet more than one hundred dollars on any bet on poker?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we don't have no travesty.
Speaker 4: It makes no sense, for it's just a travesty.
Speaker 2: More lucrative gambling. Uh plays correct? What do you think the biggest in Vegas is? Can you bet ten grand to spin? If you want to bet, you can bet you cast nicely?
Speaker 4: You can?
Speaker 7: I wonder, I because I would be floored if those are actually out on the casino floors. There's some private high stakes area where they'll let you.
Speaker 2: Spin for that much.
Speaker 3: I don't know, have you not seen it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean Hawks Daddy and I were spending eight eighty eight to spin when I was blackout and drunk, and I won, yeah, and then Hawk was like play that machine, it'll win.
Speaker 3: And then three spins later, I won nine hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then I cursed him and then he walked away but I kept following him. I kept thinking he was gonna go, you know, we should split this. No, nope, of course not.
Speaker 2: We wandered around though, but he was right.
Speaker 7: Hey, shout out to Minnesota's Aaron Johnson won the WPT prime over a million dollars.
Speaker 3: He's not third all time.
Speaker 2: It's that the guy that didn't know who Rosie was. No, that's Iametaicus.
Speaker 3: No, but somebody on.
Speaker 1: Twitter said, that's just our fifth million dollar win in Minnesota poker history.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: But Aaron Johnson little over a million bucks won the WPT.
Speaker 2: Good for him, super cool too, nice guys.
Speaker 7: No, the WPT is like the one that used to be on or still is maybe you know Travel Channel. WPT is like the big TV deal. Oh sweet, Yeah, pretty cool man.
Speaker 4: We poked turds is where WPT?
Speaker 2: Yes, watches it rip mic sext he died he did.
Speaker 7: Now, Aaron's just like seven hundred thousand behind our guy Blake for first.
Speaker 2: I bet our guy would know how much you could spin.
Speaker 4: Our guy would now that you could say, they turn me away from my guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if any of our guys, our Vegas guys are listening, what's the biggest slot spin available how much can on the floor right, actually on the casino floor, not in a private room or something A thousand. I wonder if they have it's way more than that. Do they have private slot machines that has acts? I mean absolutely, I mean like how much to see? How high did those go? I mean I've seen somebody played two twenty five a spin and wasn't even paying a take.
Speaker 3: I've also seen that yep, just autopilot. Oh I hit cool?
Speaker 2: Yep, Oh yeah, what's fun of that?
Speaker 4: If you're not watching it?
Speaker 2: No, it's not about.
Speaker 4: Or it's about.
Speaker 3: Having a problem. Yeah, yeah, that's how I got up to My name is Chris problem. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But if you recall when Sauce had a nice win a couple of months ago, I go, you have a problem, and your response was.
Speaker 2: Not anymore or not anymore.
Speaker 4: I've got, by the way, a store for you guys at some point won't take but a minute to tell. And I'm never gonna be able to do a justice. But I heard the greatest possible five second conversation in my I can't even tell you how much this conversation please make. It was five seconds, and I hope that I can do a justice because I loved it so much.
Speaker 2: Going to do that when we get back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Front Paid Sports to that right after this on the fan.
Speaker 1: Hey hockey fans, the IHF World Junior Championship said, take over the state of hockey this week, and we have your tickets to the action all day. He's the talk back feature in the already tell us who you or why you want to see tm USA in action.
Speaker 2: Winners will be selected.
Speaker 1: All day for a pair of tickets to see a tm USA preliminary around game. I get the full details of Cafe dot com heward contests.
Speaker 3: Look, guys, Max is here.
Speaker 4: What's up y'all?
Speaker 2: Miss you guys, I missed you too.
Speaker 3: You were no longer with us.
Speaker 7: Happy early birthday to both of you. Birthday week for Max and Chris Birthday week. Did you see the cake from last week that you were not here?
Speaker 3: No? I did it, And I feel like such a d bag. I'm so sorry Jill because she brought in a cake.
Speaker 2: I think it was for Lieber recently, and I was in the elevator with her and I was.
Speaker 8: Like, you know, I never got a cake before, Okay, and then I'm not even freaking year when she brings one in.
Speaker 2: I'm such a I'm such a name, pretty shirt.
Speaker 4: It's still in the fridge.
Speaker 2: Okay, so go, I'm gonna I'm gonna go again.
Speaker 1: It's not very realistic because it looks like you and it's like, you know, it's like a world traveler.
Speaker 3: It looks like you're going all over the globe. But there are zero ladies on that cake. Yeah. Zero.
Speaker 1: That's okay. You know, I appreciate I appreciate the effort. It just looks like you're traveling the world by yourself.
Speaker 2: What she said in the fridge. Yeah, well the lady was in the cake. As long has it been in the fridge.
Speaker 4: Well she was a tiny lady.
Speaker 1: She'll be all right. There's some leftover carbonies a lady. It was a good looking cake.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was.
Speaker 2: It was man, all right.
Speaker 3: Let's do front page sports and also we have to pay off that teas that you had a five second conversation. You'd like the sports presented by Holiday Stations.
Speaker 1: Holiday Station stores by two Red bull get one free for a limited time, and they have that winter edition Apple at Holiday.
Speaker 2: Try that I did. It's awesome.
Speaker 1: But you can mix and match any flavors you want of Red Bull, buy two, get one free for a limited time at holiday.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to go today because I got to get those Powerball tickets.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, get some gas, get some Powerball tickets, get some Red Bull Holidays at the best.
Speaker 3: Probably get one of those pretzels or a cake down it or something.
Speaker 2: Maybe some sunflower seeds.
Speaker 3: Should I do that today?
Speaker 1: No? No?
Speaker 6: Why not?
Speaker 2: Holiday season?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 1: Bh loon h gift to your bowels. What really matters, though, is Chris had a five second conversation. Sounded like you overheard it, or you had it. You overheard a.
Speaker 3: Five second conversation that you would like to discuss.
Speaker 2: So the only.
Speaker 4: Real physically demanding part of what I do is when the game is over, Jared tears all the equipment down while I'm down in the locker room with Ben. Then I got to come back up, and we got to push all the equipment down into the elevator and then to wherever the truck is. And there's seven hundred million people trying to get out of the stadium, and nobody seems to have any idea that there are other people on the planet. So you're basically just trying to dodge people. It's like being in traffic on on sixty nine. Okay, but last night as we're making our way to the truck so we can get on the plane so it doesn't leave without us. I'll never forget when Bob Hagen told me when I first started doing this job, if you're not on the plane, we won't wait for you.
Speaker 2: Brilliant.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Just going by a group of people who were working security who are leaving, I overhear the and there's no way I'm going to be able to do this justice. I wish that I could. But this is what I heard. Two people, two gentlemen, and the first person goes like this, wait, your name is Carlos Santana and then yeah, it was the entire conversation, but the sound of discussed on Carlos in his voice that he's had to tell people that his whole life, his.
Speaker 2: Whole life, Carlos.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like a television show.
Speaker 3: Wait your name is Carlos Santana. Yeah, isn't it a relatively common name?
Speaker 2: That's gotta be right.
Speaker 7: I would think they're both very that's a common first name and a common last name.
Speaker 2: Yes, isn't that saying like, your name's Mike Smith.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna guess almost every time he's ever told somebody his full name, Yeah, somebody has said that to.
Speaker 1: Him, people have been very disappointed at like a hotel reservation when he shows up.
Speaker 2: I think it's the actual.
Speaker 1: Carlos, Like, it'd be very different if it was your name's Ted Bundy, Like that would be more rare. Bundy is a rare last name. Yeah, right, A lot of Ted Bundy's walking around. I can only name one is that the one Sack was attracted to it's Richard Ramirez because.
Speaker 4: I have a friend, we all have a friend Scott who said the biggest denomination slot machine he's seen is five thousand dollars per spend with a two coin maximum, so that'd be ten thousand dollars to spend what and that was Caesars.
Speaker 3: Ye, well nbd.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's so greasy, like even like the lowest win in that is a hand pay, isn't that?
Speaker 4: Yeah of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: By the way I heard the rumor is, and you know, I don't know where I heard that. I just overheard this summer.
Speaker 2: I sat on the internet too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the money's going to two thousand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, from twelve hundred to two thousands.
Speaker 2: Oh, so it's a rumor.
Speaker 1: I thought.
Speaker 3: I think I legit.
Speaker 2: I think it is legit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, from twelve hundred to two thousand, Yeah, I think it is.
Speaker 4: That'll change every the.
Speaker 1: Slot minimum or whatever tax form from twelve up to two thousand. Is that in Vegas or here? I think it's everywhere?
Speaker 4: I think, I think. I don't know. I'm looking.
Speaker 2: That seems like something that would vary state by state.
Speaker 3: Yeah, state by state.
Speaker 2: Maybe not because it's.
Speaker 1: Technically the IRS that's doing it, right, Yeah, I don't know. I never know what's going on neither. That's what I never know what's happening. All right, Sports, Well, well.
Speaker 3: The Vikings are here, guess one in loss.
Speaker 1: Simultaneously they won the game sixteen thirteen over the Giants. But you know, it doesn't help the old draft status, and it also doesn't help that JJ McCarthy left late in the first half with a hand injury.
Speaker 4: Do you want to hear what coach said about that?
Speaker 2: Mm hm?
Speaker 4: So if I can find it, oh, here it does.
Speaker 5: I have not seen the play, but apparently you know what happened before his touchdown run and I was actually concerned with the angle that I had when he did run it in. I just wanted to make sure he you know, I thought he got hitting the head or neck area going into the end, but he he was clean there. And then you know, I asked him if he was all right, and he, uh, you know, he said he was, And you know, obviously we just scored a touchdown, big moment, but then when we went out for the next drive, that's when he seemed to have some discomfort there. So we'll evaluate it and uh, you know, make sure we'll find out what's going on there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So status unknown for Thursday and Christmas. Yeah, we'll see when. I would assume we'll get either an estimated injury report or an actual injury report today.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what happens when you assume, right, you make an asset of them with Therman, Yeah, I do that.
Speaker 7: JJ McCarthy nine of fourteen for one hundred and eight yards an interception that was Naylor's fault, and that was again just in the first half, and he did have a rushing touchdown that was nice. Look good Brosemer of course, Brozmurr in the second half seven of nine fifty two yards, no touchdowns, no interceptions.
Speaker 2: He just handed it off to Aaron Jones a thousand times.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They wanted to.
Speaker 3: Get the bleep out of New York City or New Jersey as fast as possible. They look the fastest third quarter of all. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Giants have lost nine straight. They are two and thirteen. The Vikings have won three straight games. They're up to seven and eight. Koc said X rays were negative for JJ McCarthy the other man, really bad news. This has been a rough year. Ryan Kelly third concussion this season and the sixth. I like how they wore this sixth documented career concussion. That's always a vague way of saying, well, we've confirmed six, but who knows. I mean, I feel like we're in one hundred percent to a category here where everybody's.
Speaker 3: Going to tell him, dude, you got to just hang it up. It's over.
Speaker 1: Man. You got the rest of your life to worry about. You can't keep doing this. But ultimately it's going to be up to him. But man, yeah, I think we've seen the last of Ryan Kelly, but we'll see we have two. Jordan Mason also carted to the locker room in the first quarter with an ankle injury.
Speaker 2: We'll see what that is all about.
Speaker 7: So the Vikings host Detroit Christmas Day three thirty right here on the fan and on Netflix, Snoop at halftime, and with the Lions loss yesterday, ESPN analytics say the Lions have a seven percent chance of making the postseason.
Speaker 3: That's nuts.
Speaker 1: Their toast two fort you know. Yeah, they had fifteen last year. Yeah, it's crazy, man. Yeah, and now they're both going to miss. Oh, we might have a playoffs with.
Speaker 9: No Lions, no Chiefs, no Ravens. Yeah, I mean, possibly no Bills, depending on how it shakes. I don't think William in there, no bond cuishes.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I still think.
Speaker 3: William so Watch should change his name to Billy. Yeah. Yeah, be marketable, Billy so.
Speaker 2: Waltch definitely races NASCAR, you know what I'm saying. Yes, what a good kid, by the way, great kid, I nailed it.
Speaker 1: The It does very much sound like a lawyer at William so watach yeah and associates. Yeah, yeah, he was great. Yeah, he was nice. Yeah, best of luck to that kid. Wonder about it's like being that successful that young, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Just stopped it that's successful.
Speaker 1: Fair, Yeah, but specifically that young. Yeah, man, it'd be hard not to have a just an ego and that polished. He's oh yeah, yeah, impressive young light correct correct, Yeah, I thought you said white.
Speaker 2: You said. I was like, damn, you.
Speaker 1: Said he said polite. But it did take me one point four seconds ago. Did he just say he's white and polished?
Speaker 3: Well in skies the limits? Yeah, he can't be stop Zach if he's white and polite.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, Oh, that's right.
Speaker 1: That's weird that all of us simultaneously heard Zach just going he's white.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't Friday.
Speaker 3: What did you What did you think about William on Friday?
Speaker 1: Do you like him?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: He was white?
Speaker 7: Let's start there, all right now what really matters? In a second, we'll go around the world of sports scores and stats, Crystal Change of Life with something Else, and Ben liber will join us right after this on the fan.
Speaker 2: Thanks, hey, Rubes.
Speaker 1: It's the holiday season and Bell Bank is giving one k Faily listener each wey one thousand dollars to pay it forward to charity of their choice to set over to KFE dot Comic word contest Learn Morning Today. That's Cafe dot Comic Yard Contest. Thanks, you're welcome. Manners go a long way least he's polite, well said, all right, wishul We do what really matter if you want to learn something, scorers and stats around the world of sports.
Speaker 7: In between, Chris will change your life with something else. Talk a lot of vikings in a second with Lieber, but let's go to some other stuff.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 7: Not a great game for the Minnesota whild but look, we're playing the best team in hockey, the unstoppable Colorado Avalanche.
Speaker 3: Beat the Wild five to one. The Abs are now twenty six two and seven, just two regulation.
Speaker 7: Losses and we're almost a Christmas Hartman scored the lone Wild goal that was early in the third to make it three to one.
Speaker 1: McKinnon scored twice he leads the NHL. Those were goals twenty nine and thirty. So that snaps a seven game win streak for the Minnesota Whild. Then that is their first home regulation loss since October thirtieth, thirtieth against the Pittsburgh Penguins. The Penguins so they be in the Wild host Nashville tomorrow, then the Christmas break, and then because of the world juniors, a seven game post Christmas row trip. That's greasy, certainly one of the longer ones in recent memory, if not the longest. I mean they're gonna be gone for basically two weeks, so yeah, have fun with that. But yeah you mentioned, I mean, best team in the league by far, and a second night of a back to back, third game in four days, four games and six days for the second straight week.
Speaker 2: I mean, they've been playing a ton of hockey.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, it's about as understandable all the loss as as they come. So but they'll get back at it against Staishville and Tuesday, and then hopefully Gel on the road and Quinn will be able to get the nose teammates. Finally, maybe they'll play cribbage on the flight.
Speaker 2: They might play cribbage. Great game. You guys want to play cribage for money? I would love to play cribbage for money. Name of time and a place?
Speaker 4: What really matters is this China nineteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you have a time machine or not? What about? What what time period? Does Hawk's favorite Back to the Future.
Speaker 1: Take place in? Eighteen eighty five? Yeah, that's a great one, right, It's the best one of the bunch. How does a crivage game take ten to fifteen minutes?
Speaker 3: I was going to say fifteen, maybe doing the next break.
Speaker 2: Wow, God, you're good at this. I'm gonna miss you next week. You'rever don't leave.
Speaker 3: What really matters is this.
Speaker 4: I just mentioned China and it brought to mind another story. This a gentleman who works with us on the trips. He told me the following story. I'll be real quick about it. So he went to uh, China on business.
Speaker 3: A while ago. Hey, he's in the hi.
Speaker 4: He's in Northern Hong Kong, small town up above northern Hong Kong, and he starts getting real sick. So it goes to the hospital. Long story longer. He's doubled over in pain. He's in Hong Kong on business. He has diverticulated, but it's a small town hospital, so they decide they're gonna have to send him to big city Hong Kong to a hospital because they don't know if they can help him out. He gets there, he's in the hospital for thirteen days. One of the first things they tell him when he gets to the big city hospital in Hong Kong, you should be really glad they brought you here because while you were at that other hospital, while they cut you open to do surgery, they'd probably take them with your kidneys.
Speaker 1: Oh my.
Speaker 2: Wow, business man.
Speaker 4: One of the hospital workers. And she said to him, you would never have known they would have gone in and unless you went in for another procedure at some point, and the doctors was said, some bitch, you're missing a kidney. You would never have known. Wow.
Speaker 3: And then they would have had to ask, like, were you're only born with one?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Otherwise? How many times have you had.
Speaker 2: Surgery in your life?
Speaker 1: Well? I was hit this small hospital outside of Hong Kong Gee, but that was just for reticulitis. That wasn't a kidney surgery, right. Can't think of a time that my kidney has been taken out?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: I did take a massive dump one time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I did wake up in a hotel bathroom once in a tub filled with ice, in a note that said thanks for the kidney, But I thought they were joking.
Speaker 2: I take two of these and move on.
Speaker 4: That had to be disconcerting. Favorite word, by the.
Speaker 2: Way, yeah said, yeah that was what.
Speaker 1: That's why I always before I leave, I was, you know, check for my phone, keys, wallet, kidneys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you have to kidneys.
Speaker 4: Thank god they brought you here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And by the way, they never had to do surgery on them, but they would have done at the other place just to get that kidney.
Speaker 3: My god, that poor guy, I know.
Speaker 7: The Timberwolves beat the Oklahoma City Thunder on Fry twelve, one oh seven. That was just the third loss of the season for the OKC Thunder, the defending champs. They're twenty five and three. Huge win for the Wolves, and they followed it up yesterday with another win, so they didn't just crap the bet against the Bucks. They held on and win one oh three to one hundred. But still we'll take it.
Speaker 1: They've won nine of eleven and they did it mostly without Jade McDaniels, who left in the first half with hip pain. He did not return two hip So the Wolves have won nine of eleven. They're up to fifth in the West. But because OKC is so much farther ahead of everybody else, right, they're just they're lapping us. Uh.
Speaker 7: The Wolves are in fifth, but they're just two and a half games out of second, and it looks like it's going to be a race for second place, of course, because it looks like first is going to be not attainable.
Speaker 2: So we'll see.
Speaker 3: But just two and a half games out of second even. What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 2: Hi, Ben Hi, Ben Hi?
Speaker 3: Guys? You know what I got problem here?
Speaker 5: You do?
Speaker 2: You have diverticulatus?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think you would know. I left my notebook in New York City.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I just looked at my backpack and I'm like, wait a minute, I was going to pull my notes out and the whole notebook, the fancy notebook I bought at the beginning of season. Oh boy, that was a nice ass notebook, wasn't it. It was really nice.
Speaker 4: I'm almost sure you were writing on it beside me as we were flying.
Speaker 2: That was on the way out.
Speaker 4: Okay, maybe I guess you're right.
Speaker 2: Or do you think you left it on the field. I think I left it on the field.
Speaker 1: Well that's Did you leave any sensitive material like passwords or social security number or the launch codes or drawn drawings, sketches, just.
Speaker 3: A list of people I want to kill? That's it? Were you drawn schlongs by the way back to more drawings? Yeah? You know, I know.
Speaker 1: We talk about all the time that, like Kate's character in Titanic, within about two days, goes from like this, you know, life that she doesn't want to live, but a fancy life, And then a couple of days later, she's almost willing to die for Jack Dawson.
Speaker 3: She lets she.
Speaker 1: Lets a relatively baby faced, young degenerate gambler sketch her nude within like twenty four hours. Yeah, it's crazy on those cruises, bro here, she got fired down below, I mean like almost immediately. He was like, hey, I won my ticket on a game of cards. She's like, cool, you want to go in like a car and draw me nude? And he was like sure, I can act. Like I could see him watching that movie. I would have killed half of Ben Leber's hit list for Jack Dawson. I mean that list that he has in his notebooks. Yeah, man, yeah, but she but he was just drawing you. You weren't drawing him. He can do whatever. He once got some poor kicks in Wisconsin claims he can sketch and she just drops trou immediately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, drops trow.
Speaker 4: Yeah she took it works, buddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: In the version of Hawks, Dad watches yes, deleted scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he loves that.
Speaker 9: James Cameron explains it in depth on the DVD commentary.
Speaker 1: Tommy's about something from Chipple Falls the Jack Dawson. I believe the Jack Dawson, the character is actually from Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: I think so. Really, I believe I think you are Falloway over there. Degenerate gambling, Yeah, and sketching ladies naked?
Speaker 8: Could you not love slots? There's your podcast title, the alternative title of the movie. Yeah, two seconds.
Speaker 4: Dawson documentary.
Speaker 2: That's funny. It'd be funny if he does.
Speaker 3: He spend like two hours staring at her, and then it turns it around. It's just a stick figure giant circle, and.
Speaker 4: It looks like she looks like she's holding your head.
Speaker 5: In her lap.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: What do you think, Babyise? Now you want to get it on?
Speaker 3: Or it's just a picture of him with the giant Yeah, they're going.
Speaker 2: To find in your notebook.
Speaker 3: We find out that Titanic was just the origin story of Charles Schultze.
Speaker 2: He just turns around. It's just a drawing of Snoopy.
Speaker 3: Let's bang in this car crying, of course grief.
Speaker 1: We'll do more of what really matters after this. We did almost none of it. But look, Ben lost his notebook, We lost our notes. We'll talk about a pretty painful Vikings game.
Speaker 3: She what Ben thought lots to get to between now at night on a fan it wem Vikes win and we got a little beat up Jordan.
Speaker 5: Mason and did have the right ankle very very early and did not return. Unfortunately. Ryan Kelly was a being evaluated for a concussion, did not return, and then JJ McCarthy with his right hand did not return.
Speaker 3: Aaron Jones did kind.
Speaker 5: Of get evaluated with that right ankle and was able to fight and get back in the game and help us finish it out there.
Speaker 1: If we were going to do a KOC press conference on Thursday. But it's Christmas, right. We've had a rough year with none of us doing those things often enough.
Speaker 3: We're missing too many Thursdays. And why it doesn't matter. Point is.
Speaker 1: JJ McCarthy with his right hand. I think all three of us would have used that sound by the same joke, maybe worded slightly differently.
Speaker 2: Yeah sure, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: What if Zach phone ad G he had three wishes, what.
Speaker 2: Would one of those wishes be? That's probably exactly what I want to say. Exactly.
Speaker 3: That's almost word for work. I've worked with you long enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that wasn't you talking, No, that was.
Speaker 9: Me, that was you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like.
Speaker 3: When Beetlejuice throws his voice.
Speaker 1: Not that Beetlejuice one. I switched to the Saucea's camera when you started talking.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 3: It's it happens, that's all right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have to say that.
Speaker 3: I'm really disappointed you guys for not doing the press conferences more. It's one of my favorite bits of all time. Agreed, And you guys are so stupid and lazy. No, so here's what happens. We don't like doing it when one of us is gone.
Speaker 7: So we had a stretch where, like when I was in France, we missed a couple So then then we get out of the routine of doing it. And then there's plenty of Thursdays where all three of us were here, but we just forgot because the routine gets strung off.
Speaker 4: I know you don't say this. We agree we were gonna do. I'm must say it. We do it just for ourselves. We don't do it on there because you guys don't deserve it.
Speaker 2: Take that, man, what did we do wrong.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, well you're out if you don't know that, it don't show and you don't know what.
Speaker 1: He said, preach brother, oh man, I love wrap and listen to the Hawks. What song do you think Snoop is gonna play on Thursday the halftime? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is then he coming out with the uh the k Pup Demon Hunter.
Speaker 4: Single called put It in That Hole.
Speaker 3: He loves.
Speaker 1: Golf si Yeah, yeah, he likes sports wrapping or Chinese Checkers or something.
Speaker 3: Did you guys ever get into the Snoop on the stoop? Snoop on a Stoop? Is that like Elf on a Shell? Yeah, but it's it's Snoop Dogg. That's just way more fun than Elf a shell. Yeah, we have one of those. We have a hawk on a okay, yeah sure, yeah, zach O, that is brilliant. His jaws open like Jake Paul. Yeah, and you think that his mom, but it was his.
Speaker 2: Mouth is bleeding too.
Speaker 3: Did you guys see the snl Elf on a Shelf? But very good, so good. They've done a good episode. It was pretty good.
Speaker 7: They've done that Elf on a Shelf themed bit a couple of times.
Speaker 1: It makes me laugh every time they got that high pitched voice. When Cam Patterson exploded into confetti, that was funny. Yah, Ariana Grande split in half, that was a great bit.
Speaker 3: So good.
Speaker 4: She is so good she could be a member on that show.
Speaker 3: Yes, she is the definition.
Speaker 1: And I've heard of so many people from SNL say this over the years that the hosts they like the most are the ones that are all in. They're up for anything, they go all out. You can tell that they care. She cares, she wants to sing, she wants to do impressions, She'll do whatever they say.
Speaker 2: She's awesome.
Speaker 4: I've seen some great, you know, female hosts obviously you know who just come in. She's the Tom Hanks female, you know what I mean. She could definitely be a cast member on that show.
Speaker 1: How many times has she done it seven and four? I don't know, it's a handful though. She's great her voice and how she can do those impressions.
Speaker 4: So even the thing when Bow and Yang was doing is Goodbye and she was doing the New Jersey accent, I was like, oh my gosh, she's great. And that was very sad what he was saying about it.
Speaker 1: Strange though, by the way it came out like twenty four hours ahead of time that he was exiting the cast mid season.
Speaker 2: It's like, what's going on here?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Why is he leaving mid season?
Speaker 4: Said he found a notebook at the football sitier scared the hell out of.
Speaker 3: Weird. Yeah, why, that's a solid episode, Ben, Ben, you guys will find out soon enough. You know, all the details will come out once. Good.
Speaker 1: I didn't even think about that. You guys were run New York in the night. If you could have gotten there a couple of hours earlier.
Speaker 4: Trust me, I checked that a long time ago.
Speaker 3: I wish did you check it? It is?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think I even mentioned it on the show when.
Speaker 2: I checked lottery.
Speaker 4: It is so hard. It is a lottery. Literally.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a good thing you didn't get the tickets because can you imagine.
Speaker 3: To hijack the pot?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd have waked to the turn this plane round.
Speaker 1: I will close this landing myself. Let me do the whelp just jump right out. Well play you know Hawk, you were talking about the flight on the way out. All that stuff was completely I felt the same way. How about you and I in this on the flight back when we were taking off, you didn't tell that part. I do not know, go ahead, and well the thing is like there's really nothing, there's not but we take off from Newark and we're climbing and we feel like we're doing the regular thing, and then we sort of like level off and then you hear the engines just go quiet, like.
Speaker 3: Actually a couple of times. Yeah, and we're not that high. We're not that high. And then and then like you hear the engine go up again and then they shut off again. I looked at Hawk and I'm like, this doesn't seem normal, does it? And he goes, no, it doesn't. So then we were like both looking out the window like what is happening. Then then finally like we made we made one like turn pretty aggressive, and then we took off and then we went up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then we went up.
Speaker 3: We actually started climbing, and you actually turned the seatback monitor on just to see the elevation to make sure we were going up. Yeah, assume we are actually angling up in the air. Now.
Speaker 4: I think if that had happened and Saturday hadn't happened, we wouldn't even have noticed. Probably like that's a little weird. But did you realize Ben and I didn't say this to you. Not that I thought you were going to go, but whoa, that was the original plane we were on Saturday. I noticed that. I knew that they flew the plane that didn't work and picked us up yep, as opposed to letting us take back the plane that we took on Saturday night. So when we got up there and he did that, and I realized that we were on the same plane because you know how I knew we were on the exact same plane because my screen didn't work in the exact same way it didn't work the first time.
Speaker 3: Yep, right, yep, And I left a booger right on the trade table on the upper right.
Speaker 2: It was still there. That that's greasy.
Speaker 4: That was a booger.
Speaker 3: Yep, yeah, it was kind of bloody, that's what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you ate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't act defended. You've done that other people's boogers. Oh, way to draw the line I was.
Speaker 4: I was seriously thinking, if this damn plane is malfunctioning again, right, take me home. Lord. I looked around and there were seven hundred planes around us, and it's new work, so I'm sure that's what it was. I'm sure we couldn't go up to main air space until we got away from that seven thousand other planes. Yeah, but man, it was again my favorite word now, disconcerting. I almost tilt your hand out, and then you showed me the video and I left so way too loud, way too loud.
Speaker 3: I actually just thought about it, about it, and I started laughing again to myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's, yeah, a.
Speaker 4: Very birth birthing video. What Yeah, I'm scroll in on my Instagram and what And I had my headphones in by the way, So I don't know how hard I laughed, how loud I must have been, but I know it must have bothered everybody.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what it was like a deer, I think, yeah, deer something deer giving birth just just from the just from the sixth position. I mean it was like just full, full frontal, this thing just popping out pretty hot.
Speaker 2: It was real hot.
Speaker 3: And the way that the baby deer like plopped out of this body was that was the best part.
Speaker 4: Remind me a wolf, remember when he comes out as a full Yeah, yeah, just plopped out. Oh thank god, hibout it.
Speaker 3: What a what a weird time because I think if we showed this video to any of you guys, right, now you'd be like, huh, yeah, that's good, that's funny. But then when I just like tap him on the shoulder and like watch this right the right mood, right time, Yeah, right mood, right time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were both in tears.
Speaker 3: All right, let's do what really matters. Let's learn some more. All the VIC teams did beat the Giants sixteen thirteen.
Speaker 2: Ben J J.
Speaker 1: McCarthy injured in the first half. Man, was that a boring ass football game? Hal was no end of the first half. Yeah, Rose was able to end the first half. Yeah, what a weird game.
Speaker 7: I felt like both teams, including the Giants, just wanted to run the clock out almost from the beginning. They just they didn't want to have Jackson Dart throw a ball all game. I know it was weird, really weird games.
Speaker 2: Why do you think it was.
Speaker 3: I think they knew. I think Kafka or Kafka, however you say his name. I always thought it was Kafka, but the New Yorkers say Kafka. I think you just realized I'm not going to put my rookie quarter back against Brian Flora's defense, and I've got a banged up offensive line, Like why would I do that they down three starters something like that left Tager both left tackles, end up going out of the game. I think guard that Minnesota kid the senate of John Michael SCHMIDTZ.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so kind of like us. So it's very much like us, and the receivers.
Speaker 3: Haven't haven't been playing great. I mean the slate and drop is like something that's been happening the whole season, like they want him cut and off the team, and like even before the game started because he dropped a touchdown pass last week too. So I don't know. My guess is they is like, wait, listen, we run the football. I think they were going into the game. They're what third in the league and number of attempts rushing the football, So that's what they do, you know, and I know quarterback run games a lot of it. But they're like, I don't want to put my uh my rookie out there against this amoeba type defense that where we don't know where any of these blitzers are coming from and we want don't want to get them hurt. So it was kind of smart, but it's also kind of like waving the white flag. You're not gonna win a game like that.
Speaker 2: No, and we'll take it.
Speaker 1: But that is now the sixth consecutive game that the Vikings defense has not given up a passing touchdown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that doesn't happen anymore.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine if we had that streak going into the game like we did, and then Jackson Dart throws like what thirteen passes the whole game and actually scores on us.
Speaker 7: That would have sucked when we had just played Dak Breath Prescott yet lost in the shovel because the game was so freaking boring. Seven of thirteen thirty three thirty three yardards for a guy who played the entire game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, thirty three yards.
Speaker 1: And it wasn't you know, hurricane conditions where it's either a blizzard or pouring or blooding the ring or Godzilla's there thirty three yards.
Speaker 3: And he tried, tried, They just never kind of man thirty three man.
Speaker 1: The tackling by some of the Giants players, they were just oldly some of these people. They were getting out of the way. They didn't want to be there.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 3: I thought the first half look like good effort football.
Speaker 4: Especially their defense. I thought, Yeah, I thought, I thought.
Speaker 3: The defense I was actually kind of impressed because I'm like, all right, let's see the give up factor with these guys. You know, when this game starts, and I thought the whole first half, I'm like, all right, well, it was kind of exciting. I mean, we had we had a drop touchdown, like, there was some exciting plays, you know that the tipped balls end up being intercepted, like there was some splashy plays. And then the second half started and it was like I did. There was a point when the second half I'm like, I don't even know what just happened. Like there was maybe a span of five game clock minutes and I'm like.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what just happened. I don't even know what happened.
Speaker 3: Like I'm not even I'm paying attention, but I just like it like watching a blank screen. Don't ask ai, because they're going to be wrong.
Speaker 2: It is going to be wrong.
Speaker 1: What's the lowest or fewest amount of yards in Vikings history given up for a quarterback that played the entire game?
Speaker 2: That might be it.
Speaker 1: I mean, thirty three has got to be Have we ever held anybody to to less than that? It's thirty three yards and he played all sixteen minutes.
Speaker 3: That's nuts.
Speaker 1: Well when they when the Vikings played what was that six seven, eight years ago at Lambeau?
Speaker 2: And who's was it?
Speaker 1: The Notre Dame kid that played for Green Bay because Rogers was out? I don't think he threw for a lot of yards either Notre Dame or we shut them out?
Speaker 2: Was it nuts Abbott?
Speaker 1: Or was it was it Blake? Was it the UCLA quarterback? Doesn't matter, but he didn't throw for a lot of yards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right about that. Who wasn't it was a Huntly?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 2: I think it was? Who was? Who was the coach that hawk for the Packers?
Speaker 3: Barrero?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, Barrow? He wasn't good at calling the game that day. Do you have the stat? Are you just like asking?
Speaker 1: No, I'm just asking apathetically. Thirty three has got to be it's got to be about as low.
Speaker 2: As it's ever been tensed for the lowest yet.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: What really matters, though, is this squishy learned something else?
Speaker 4: Ben?
Speaker 2: Yeh?
Speaker 4: Yesterday I said, do you remember who that big white diet did and was the play for the Giants? And you said, you said, yeah, his name was Jeremy Shockey, And I said, did you ever tackle him?
Speaker 3: And you said yes?
Speaker 4: And then you said and.
Speaker 3: Then I shared the story about his Dmso can you talk about that? What his DMSO was showing?
Speaker 2: H d M s O. Is this guessable?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: No, well, no, no what I'd never heard of this before, but I love it?
Speaker 3: MSO, no idea sauce. What do you think that means his d M s O was showing?
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't. I could smell the d ms O, that was it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 2: You can't smell the dm s O.
Speaker 3: Yeah, his deranged moist.
Speaker 4: I like this so far.
Speaker 2: You're on the right track. Loppy, keep going onion rings?
Speaker 3: Oh that's two words. Oh I'm sorry. You know I worked with the dictionary. You don't know. Okay, So when he was playing for the Saints, which Hockey actually forgot he was playing for the Saint, So how.
Speaker 2: Should I explain it?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 3: D M s O is a equine anti inflammatory cream.
Speaker 4: What what?
Speaker 3: So it was guessable? Yeah, it was guessable.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So it's something that that we as football players have used for years and years and years and years. If you get your hands on seeing some d ms O, you keep it and you keep it, you know, in a very secure spot because it's kind of precious, and you have to keep it in a safe either glass or a tin because it'll eat through everything else. It actually ate through the tin that I had in college.
Speaker 2: Sounds extremely safe. Yeah, it's not. It's not what it's not the it's not super good for you.
Speaker 3: So so for horses, if they have an ailment of swollen knee, let's just say you take this paste, horse paste, and you basically just it's like it's like ben gay for horses. Okay, Well, it's super super powerful and and the thing is like once it gets into your bloodstream, it makes you taste and smell like rotten eggs. No, no, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, spoiled milk. It's spoiled milk. And and it like you when you sweat, it just emits out of your body. So you know, you know, anybody that's you're that you're playing with, if they have d MS O on. So we're in a in a Saints game greenway and I are talking to Shaky like we're going up to Shoki during a commercial break, and we're like five eight yards away, and there must have just been a breeze or a waft that that hits. Chad and I were like, damn, like shot you got dmso on. He's like, oh yeah, He's like I took a bath in this stuff. He's like, he's like, my body's still banged up right now. He's like, I have so much dmso on my ankle and blah blah he starts name I love body parts. I've never smelled anybody as pungent as he was in that game. It was awful awful. Is there a little strategy to that or do you think it was all?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 3: I think that he was just like I have to find a way to play this game, because.
Speaker 1: That's kind of genius too, to be like I need it, but I also want everybody else to have no desire.
Speaker 3: To be that close to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it was bad.
Speaker 1: Make more sales for basketball, I think than football, but still yeah, so no, no kidding. When I when I got my hands on the first my first like I don't know, like little little bit of it in college, I put it in a in a band aid tin. It was like a big doll up of it in the bottom of the band aid tin. And they're like week later like rusted out and started leaking everywhere.
Speaker 2: Damn. Oh that's greasy. It literally was greasy. That should definitely be in your bloodstream.
Speaker 4: It's been used as an industrial solvent since the mid eighteen hundred.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not good for your kidneys. I'm guessing.
Speaker 1: I googled it and then I typed an urban dictionary because I'm like, he's not talking about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's ridiculous. Garlic odor, skin irritation. Yeah, lack of evidence. This sounds like a bio weapon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his dmso used for a rectile dysfunction, Yes it is.
Speaker 4: It's also used to treat shingles. Hey, the ones on your house.
Speaker 3: Maybe shock was just trying to be bricked up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah he was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I got all that out of Hey have you ever met Jeremy Shockey?
Speaker 3: Brilliant?
Speaker 1: All Right, the news is next. We'll talk more Vikings football later. The Vikings won sixteen thirteen over the Giants. They're seven and eight. They've won three straight games two games ago, including Christmas Day against the Lions, and the Lions are falling apart.
Speaker 2: Something like a percent chance now to make the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Who would have thought the Detroit Lions were going to fall so fast they'll come out at they have. They're not mathematically out, but they're in a great trouble. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the Fan