Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can. They print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue. It's not fair are making plans again.
Speaker 5: It's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the world champion La Dodgers, Tam kats.
Speaker 4: Hi, everybody, and welcome to Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Friday morning, April third, twenty twenty six. You're back to back world champion Los Angeles Dodgers four and two to start the season. After a sweep of the Arizona Diamondbacks to get the year started, they then drop two of three to the Cleveland Guardians to wrap up the homestand the Dodgers now hit the road for the first time this season. First up game weekend set against the Washington Nationals. Emmitt Shean on the mound. First pitch from our nation's capital is coming up at ten to ZHO five coming up over the next hour here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You are gonna hear from Dodger right fielder Kyle Tucker. That's coming up in forty five minutes. About twenty minutes Ronal, you'll here from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. Get hit thoughts on the way this team performed in the homestand and what he's expecting now on this first road trip of the twenty twenty six season, we'll preview this pitching matchup. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA will join us in the booths in just a couple of minutes, and in just a few minutes we'll head out to the Galloping four broadcast booth and check in with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. Well. The Dodgers off yesterday to travel to the East Coast. Before that Wednesday night at the Ravine, they wrapped up their home stand against the Guardians. A rough one in the rubber game between the Dodgers and Guardians. As far as the Dodgers offense was concerned, they ran into big Gavin Williams six foot six right hander was really good for the Guardians, hitting his fastball in the corners ninety nine seventy or seven shutout innings. He allowed just two hits along the way while striking out ten. He got three ground ball double plays from the Dodgers, who had limited traffic on the base pass early on. Meanwhile, Yoshinobu Yamamoto six innings, two runs, four hits, two strikeouts through eighty seven pitches, had a one two three first, a one two three second, but then a leadoff double to Daniel Schneman to lead off the third. He stole third and on the play a throw in the left field from Will Smith brought in a run. Nick batter Gabriel Arias a solo home run, and just like that, it was a two to nothing Guardians lead. Fast forward to the eighth inning, Will kleinb a two out walk pitching James brought in Tanner Scott, who, on an O two pitch with two outs to Jose Ramirez, gives up a two run home run. So what was a two nothing Guardians lead ballooned up to a four to nothing Guardians lead Dodgers down but not out in the ninth inning thanks to Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 2: Three of them belong to Andy Potters. They say two three and the other one to Taoscar Hernandez, two to oz and Freddie Hammers went deep the center failed this ball heading back toward the wall in his cart a home run and the Dodgers hope they shutout tonight. It is four to one as Freddy Freeman launches his first home run of the season.
Speaker 1: The three hundred and sixty eighth home run.
Speaker 2: Of his career.
Speaker 4: Freddie Freeman prevents the shutout with the solo home run. Will Smith then went deep to the center. Bud flew out to the wall to end the game. Guardians beat the Dodgers on Wednesday night, four to one. Kevin Williams against the winning Yoshanoba Yamamoto against the loss. Dodgers go four and two on the opening homestand after a day off to travel, they're back at it today the Nationals home opener in our Nation's capital, Washington, d C. Dodgers, and that's Immit Sheen on the mound, first pitch of ten oh five. With more we head out the Galpin of four broadcast booth. Is we welcome in Steven Nelson and Rick Monday, guys, thank you Tim.
Speaker 6: It is opening day in DC at Nationals Park, the Washington Nationals playing their first home game with twenty twenty six, and Mode the Dodgers playing their first road game of twenty twenty six. Isn't it an odd to have a four and two homestand or a stretch of six games in which you win four of them, and yet the feelings and the vibes around the team almost indicate two and four. That's the way the offensive struggles have kind of pushed things over that Guardian series. Ma'pet a chance to kind of wipe those away here on the road.
Speaker 7: Now, Yeah, I think it's a good point, and I think it's a lot because of expectations that this ball club has of itself. But if you start to look at it, you know, the opposing team, for example, has scored first in the five of the six games that have played so far. So you look at the four victories and you know three of those four have been come from behind. They've had to do it. And if we're looking at the last game that they played in that series, they had a very well pitched game against him. But you know, the bat's a big, big question, in particular at the top of the order, because if you look at Otani, Tucker, and Bets. Those will be the three hitters to lead it off for Dave Roberts Ball Club today. Combined, they're just hitting at one fifty nine. Not to put the two losses on them, but they need to get something going from an offensive standpoint and make better contact because the last two games collectively, the Dodgers are struck out as a team twenty three times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know, Kyle Tucker is a guy throughout his career mode.
Speaker 6: He does not strike out far below league average his career strikeout rate, but it is way above his career average this year to start. Granted it is very very early, but watching these abs, do you get the feeling or the sense that it's still spring training for a number of these guys, Like just based on how they look in the box, like it still feels like they're kind of searching for that feel at the play.
Speaker 7: It could be, but it's been kind of come and go, you know, up high Milki Metts. It's the home run figure, okay all as well, and since that time has been kind of a dry spell. Three for twenty two for Mookie Betts. Otania is three for eighteen, Tucker is four for twenty three on top of it. I think it's a good point. Yeah, it's the early going. But I will also say this, in particular the two losses, the Dodgers have seen some very good pitching that's been thrown against them. And as we know, you know, you come back back to back world championships. All we have to do is look at the television today, the local news. They're talking about, Hey, the world champion Dodgers were in. The guys in the other dugout are very aware of that, and they understand, Hey, look, we're going to circle this because the best of the best is coming into town.
Speaker 6: And the Nationals and Dodgers last year three and three split their season series. The home team won each of the series. So they're going to try and get this one off on a good start and spoil opening day and the festivities here at NAT's Park.
Speaker 2: TC.
Speaker 6: A little bit later, be back with the starting pitching matchup and a key from Mome.
Speaker 4: All right, thank and Melly. If a guy down the first pitch, it's Dodger fans. What are you doing for lunch today? How about at that game day meal on a Shaky's pizza Pauler, Yeah, you can order that Shaky's pizza, chicken and mojos at Shakys dot com. Coming up here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We will check in with David Vassa. Of course throughout the hour, he'll go one on one with Kyle Tucker. We dive deeper into today's pitching matchup. But up next your O Tani Rewind and Sports Net LA's Kirsen Watson. We'll stop by the booth. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Nationals, the Nationals home opener from Washington, DC on this Friday. And thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Katson's the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Neword.
Speaker 3: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunts on your home for LA Dodgers Faceball.
Speaker 4: Dance the Dodgers and Washington Nationals on this Friday morning. Yeah, joy little coffee, vegel, breakfast, burrito, donut and enjoy it. Sit back and relax and joice in Dodgers Baseball's coming up as the Nationals have their home opener here on this Friday. She and Miles Michael is the pitching matchup, first pitch set for Total five.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani Rewhy.
Speaker 4: Well a quiet night on Wednesday for show Hey Otani, the Dodgers four to one loss of the Guardians and his first at bat. Though Showy didn't extend his on Bay streak to thirty seven games, the longest of his career. With the walk, He's now tied for ninth longest On Bay streak in LA Dodger history with Andre Ethier.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 4: And Kirston now joins us from Nationals Park. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get ready to roll car donating today your car could be picked up tomorrow. That easy donate now at Carsfourkids dot Org. That's Cars with the K. Here we are opening day in our nation's capital for the Washington Nationals, Dodgers starting a three game series, and Kious of the Dodgers' on off his series against the Guardians. Well, quite frankly, the top of the lineup, the Big four just didn't do a lot. Yeah, no, they didn't.
Speaker 8: And even when you just are kind of like looking at the numbers, especially in those last two games of that Guardian series, the team had twenty three strikeouts, and obviously when you look at that feels like a large number no matter what. But with this offense right now, You've talked to guys and some feel like, you know, they're clicking. And even I I was talking to Max Monsey recently, he said that he had a he feels really good at the play. He's not getting the results as much right now, but he does feel like things are in a good spot. And that seems to kind of be like a shared response. Some guys feel like things are close, maybe they're not there just yet. Other guys feel really good. You've got someone like Heavy Pahas who had three hits on Wednesday. So even when Doc was talking about it, he just was saying that he feels like guys are kind of figuring out their swings right now. Yes, the amount of strikeout, especially in those last two games, is a little bit concerning, but everyone does believe that it's going to truly level out. Today they are facing Michaels, who's going to be having his second start of the regular season, and Dave was saying that they've seen him a lot over the years. He has a heavy curve ball cutter, might sneak in the fastball there, but they say he was saying that he's not really a strikeout guy, so when it comes to just like that strikeout rate, they're not too concerned when it comes to this matchup. Obviously, if we continue to see the strikeout rates being a hi, then that will lead to more questions in regard to the offense. But he does expect that the ball is going to be a bit more in play and he just wants to see his players continue just to take quality at bats. They are getting on base, so if they can continue that, they do believe the swings are gonna come. The big ones will be here.
Speaker 4: It's just no, it's still early in the season and may need a little bit more time. On the other side, Image she And making his second start of the season last time out, couldn't get out of the fourth Inny.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and with Emmett, when they broke down the numbers, he noticed that his velocity was a bit low slider and then even on that fastball. So for him in twenty twenty five, he was at like the ninety five point six mouse power arrange. When it came to his four steamer in his first start of the season, he was down to ninety four. Now, we do know early in spring he was a bit under the weather, but Dave said today he doesn't believe that that's contributing to just this slight drop off in velocity for him.
Speaker 4: He said that Mark.
Speaker 8: Pryor, as well as Connor McGinnis, they're working closely with Emmitt Shean just to understand kind of working through a few mechanical things, trying to get his delivery in the right spot. And they do believe that, you know, coming into this when he's able to clean some stuff up and so we should start to see things move in the right direction for Emmett. But you're right, you know, when it comes to kind of taking down innings, they do want to see him get deeper into the game and be a little bit more efficient. This rotation right now is moving to a six man rotation, so that show Hey gets an extra day, and that means that Justin Robleski is not going to be available in a piggyback situation. We could potentially seem available for like one inning of work on Sunday. Dave Roberts said today, but there's no one who's going to be there to take down a bulk of innings if need be, to help protect, whether it's an Emma Chian or even a Rokie Sasaki who's going to be pitching in this series as well. So it will be interesting to see kind of how Emma can continue just to evolve. But they did say that it felt like he cleaned up some stuff and they do believe he's in a good position, but they do want to see him eat up some more innings.
Speaker 4: We'll find out what happens. Kristen, appreciate it. We'll check in with you after the game. Still they come here, I'm Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. David Vasde goes one on one with Kyle Tucker. We'll get you an injury report. But up next we hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, as we leads up to Dodgers and Nationals on this Friday. First pitch is ten oh five. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 4: Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck continues on this Friday morning, and they should be in with us as you lead up to first pitch from Washington, DC Dodgers and Nationals Moroango Casino Resort and spot a Grand Slam for good times. Ima She and Miles michaelis the pitching matchup in the Nationals home opener. First pitch set for ten O five.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 4: Presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tommy Edmunds starting the year on the IL recovering from offseason ankle surgery. Brock Stewart on the IL but is throwing Keithy Hernandez on the sixty day IL, as is Gavin Stone landing knack on the IL, Evan Phillips on the IL river Ryan's slogo in the spring recovering back from Tommy John surgery. He's actually in Oklahoma City scheduled to get a start later on next week. So that is all positive news is these guys are on the men and trending at least in the right direction to come back. Let's head back out to our nation's Capitol and check out the Dodgers manager.
Speaker 5: Questions for Dave?
Speaker 1: Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 4: Can you talk about the pressure in the out.
Speaker 1: With Dave Roberts.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, we've seen Michaelis a lot over the years. You know, it's a heavy curveball. There's a cutter in there. He'll sneak the fastball in there. Not really a strikeout guy. So I would expect to, you know, ball and play a lot more today. Yeah, but I think that the approaches are fine. I just think that there's some there's a little bit with certain guys. There's certainly some chase in there. But I think that the strikeout to walk will kind of bounce itself out.
Speaker 8: Then on Wednesday, you had mentioned you were going to check in with Showhy after he was kind of rolling out that right risk. Did you hear anything or just was that kind of a maybe something has bothered him that day?
Speaker 9: You know, I talked to Thomas about it and he says that it's a non issue. So we saw, we saw. But that's that's good news that it's not an issue.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 4: All right, there's a manager Dave Roberts certainly good news. When we continue here, on Wrongo because you know, Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with say, get to the latest on what has happened with the team? Is we get ready for first pitch at the top of the hour, Dodgers and Nationals from Washington, d C. I'm Tim kase Is back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers in Washington Nationals. Im and she and Miles michael Is to pitching match up from our nation's capitol. First pitch coming up at ten oh five.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 4: They have had a lot of pomp and circumstance with the home opener there for the Washington Nationals. But as far as the Dodgers are concerned, any answers for this slow start to the Dodgers' bats.
Speaker 5: Well, I've heard a few different theories, and one that seems to be the one that most people around the team are talking about or hypothesizing about, is the fact that during spring training, for various different reasons for each player World Baseball Classic load management, the Dodgers really slow played a lot of their hitters during spring training, and maybe that is working against them as the season starts. But the one thing that's alarming is that Kyle Tucker is striking out at a forty percent rate. That is not something that is going to continue. If I'm the Nationals Tim, I would be very concerned because show hal Tommy does not have a home run, does not have an extra base it. You know that's not going to last very long. You got Mookie Beds and Freddie Freeman and Kyle Tucker all in a little bit of a slump during that opening homestand so at some point these guys are going to break out, And I would be kind of nervous if I'm Miles Michaelis, who the Dodgers have handled in the past.
Speaker 4: David is brought to you by the Ford Motor Trends. In the North American Truck of the Year, You're Ford Maverick everything you need in the most initiative truck with forty two miles per gallon and the best MSRP of its category is time to see Ford in a new likely or Southern California four dealers today on the flip side. Sheen on the mountain, his second start of the season.
Speaker 5: David, Yeah, the Dodgers need some length out of Emmit Sheen. I'm not sure if you heard this story, Tim, but during spring training it was March sixteenth in Mesa. Emmit Sheen's fast fastball velocity was in the low nineties, mid nineties, and I asked him about it, and he said it was a mechanical issue that was preventing him from really achieving ninety five. And that's what he said after the last start as well, that the reason why his fastball velocity was so low is because of some mechanics that were not syncd up. But the reality is, you got two guys in your rotation right now in Roki Sasaki and Emic Sheen that have given you basically four innings. Robert said earlier today, that's not sustainable to remain in the rotation. So Ima Sheen needs to find a way to compete to give the Dodgers some length and log some innings.
Speaker 4: In Dave's words, yesterday at off Day, a travel day for the Dodgers, back to the East Coast. But the Dodgers making news yesterday David on a post on social media announcing blue jersey tops for road games this year. When are we gonna see it for the first time?
Speaker 5: You're gonna see it today. Today is gonna be the day the Dodgers wear those blue road jerseys. And uh, look, the Dodgers have worn blue tops before, it's just been at home. This is the first time they are taking those blue tops on the road. So yeah, you'll see them today. We're watching m machen go out to the bullpen to warm up and he's wearing it. So you're gonna see those brand spanking new jerseys on the Dodgers today.
Speaker 4: Well, based on the comments on social media, Dodger fans loving these blue tops on the road. All right, David, time not to pick the ponies at Santa Anita. We're looking at today's first race out of Santa Anita is a six horse race six furlongs. Who do you like on the turf? David?
Speaker 5: I live by these words, Tim, So I'm going with the number one horse throw the first punch.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm gonna go with the three horse sterling. See good luck to you, David, and tomorrow, don't forget it's Santa Anita Dirt. Yes, David, Happy birthday, Thank you, I appreciate that. DV all Right. Tomorrow at Santa Anita is the Santa Anita Derby with millions in payouts, full fields and exciting racing action. Explore Derby Day five k Spring Carnival and more experienced packages available. All you gotta do is go to Santa Anita dot Com slash Events tomorrow get a big day out of Santa Anita. Coming up here on Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck, We'll hear from Kyle Tucker. We'll dip deeper to this pitching matchup. But up next you Dodgers. Magical moment. Don't go anywhere Dodgers and Nationals from our Nation's Capital. I'm Tim Kases the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Washington Nationals home opener for the Nationals in our Nation's capital. Big ceremony happened in pregame Iven She and Miles and Michael is the pitching matchup in this series opener, first pitch seid for tenle five.
Speaker 5: Who wants hot?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment. It's Magical presented by Hawkeey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 4: Well at the Dodgers in Washington, d C. We go back to September eighth, twenty twenty three, Dodgers at Nationals Park. Freddie Freeman sitting on fifty two doubles on the season one shy of a franchise record.
Speaker 2: You can tell because they've got the tiny little Roberto Clemente numbers stick around their helmet. There's a ground ball past the diving second basement guard Sea that's at the right field turning second, and Freddie is in with a double.
Speaker 11: He's got the record the most doubles in a single season and Dodger history ever. Freddie Freeman with his fifty third two base.
Speaker 4: Hit, a record breaking day for Freddie Freeman, fifty three doubles, setting a Dodgers franchise record back in September eighth, twenty twenty three. This Hofey Magical Moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, Hoffey Sokaw's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Hoffey Hount Dogs local so great. Will we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. Well, check back game on Rick Monday. Also from Kyle Tucker coming up in about ten minutes as we lead you out to first pitch Dodgers and Nationals home opener, Nationals Park of Tim Kats. And this is the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's a Dodgers and Ashington Nationals on this Friday morning image she A Miles Michael's the pitching matchup the National's home opener in our nation's capitol. First pitch in ten oh five time. Now for the Verizon startup is we are thirty two minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. Visit the Verizon store today.
Speaker 3: And now joined by David Masseying, here's LA Dodgers broadcast there and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Well, Rick, today, we're gonna see those new Dodger blue jerseys that they're gonna wear on the road today. I don't know how you feel about that. But it kind of looks from all the way up here, looks like it's got some swag.
Speaker 4: As the kids like this swag.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's somewhat similar to what we see in spring training, you know, with the blue top and in the Great Tants. You know, the doctors have you know, if they changed their uniforms, not that often I think of I think of three teams in particular to me iconic uniforms over the years.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers without question.
Speaker 7: I mean, it just pops when you see the Dodgers across the front and then occasionally on the road as Los Angeles as well. I think of the Cardinals uniform with the birds on the bat.
Speaker 4: And the Yankees.
Speaker 7: I mean, if you look at the end one okay, fine, but I think the Dodgers, without question, one of the truly iconic uniforms of really any team and just about any sport.
Speaker 5: And Amid Shean wants to wear that jersey as long as he can. Dave Roberts said it's not sustainable to have two guys that only go four innings.
Speaker 7: No, no, it's not, and it was not really spot on for she and I think also from standpoint I looked at some numbers last night with them at Sheen.
Speaker 4: If we go back to last.
Speaker 7: Year, think of the high percentage of strikes that were thrown, especially first pitch strikes. Not the case that we saw in the original outing. Both of these guys today very good changeups off speed pitches, and they need to get the most with a slider, no question about it. Michael's the Dodgers have seen him before and we'll find out what happens. But this is kind of fun. Yes, we saw the opening day at Dodgers Steady, which was magnificent. We're seeing that again here in our nation's capital. What is going to be interesting as we get through with the three games here, going to Toronto. I'm really looking forward to that because it's going to be a mixed bag. I think of emotion, because it's still fresh in everybody's mind. What took place there in November is the Dodgers celebrated winning their second in a ROW World Championship, and.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers certainly know that's on the horizon Max months. He actually told me Rake he doesn't feel like the Dodgers will settle into the season until after that series in Toronto because everywhere they go. There's a lot of pomp and circumstance.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well they better settle into that series while they're in Toronto, not wait till after they leave. How about this? You know, I was looking at something earlier this morning and I saw on this date nineteen ninety talk about weird trades. And you say, well, where were you when you were you traded? We've had guys who have been driving in cars and get a phone call.
Speaker 10: How about this.
Speaker 7: One nineteen ninety Billy Hatcher is in the delivery room with his wife and the phone ring and he has still had it on him. His wife is about to give birth, and it was Jim Leland, a Pirrus manager, that was on the end of the phone, telling him, as the baby is going to be born within minutes. Hey, by the way, Billy Hatcher, you've just been traded. How about that one?
Speaker 10: For location?
Speaker 5: It's always something in baseball. And since you brought that up, Rick, when my son was being born, I remember you called me, He said, Hey, how things going. I said, well, my wife's a labor right now. Rix. I'll always have that to remember.
Speaker 7: See delivery room stories they play large because we're still talking about.
Speaker 5: Well enjoyed today's opening day in our nation's capital, and hopefully the Dodger bats wake up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, if not, we'll send them to delivery room.
Speaker 5: That sounds good, all right, We'll send up back to the studio in LA to the birthday boy, Tim Cakes, Hey, happy birthday.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Mo, Thank you, DV. Appreciate that. Deb Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Citio Hope. Preparation, precision, and an unrelenting commitment to being the best at what they do, just like DV and MO. That's what makes them a champion and Citio Hope a champion. That commitment that has one focus curing cancer. City of Hope, Champions of Hope, make an appointment today at Citio Hope dot org. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get your previous this bitching matchup Rick, we'll be back with Stephen Nelson gets to those keys of the game. But up next Dodger right the other Kyle Tucker. We'll hear from him and DV when we come back Dodgers Nationals. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tech, on your Hope for the Blue all season law.
Speaker 4: Leading up to Dodgers and Washington Nationals on this Friday morning home opening our nation's Capital. I she Miles Michael's the pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shakey's dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high end, Tucked.
Speaker 5: It's the home opener in our nation's capitol. We're joined right now by Dodger right fielder Kyle Tucker, who was electrified this morning by my presence in the clubhouse. Thanks a lot for the time, appreciated.
Speaker 10: Yeah, thanks for having me.
Speaker 5: Hey, you never got this in Houston or Chicago.
Speaker 2: Tucker.
Speaker 10: Ah, Yeah, You're You're definitely one of the kind, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: All Right, So you got through your first home stand. You're now embarking on your first road trip with the Dodgers. Do you feel like you're starting to settle in a little bit with the team.
Speaker 12: Uh, yeah, it's been fun start off. You know, it's good record so far. Hopefully I can get some more his some contributes to more wins, but you know, good starts the season. We got a lot more games, so excited to get the road trip start off here at tonight or today, and hopefully we can start off Shroan and keep it going.
Speaker 5: Look, I know the hits have not been where you want it to be, but you've made a difference in games to help the team win with your defense. How much does that help ease any sort of anxiousness you may have about wanting to really get it going with the bat.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm just trying to do my part and helping us win. I'm sure to keep trying to do that the best I can and do it on both sides the ball. So hopefully, just trying to put together go to bats and get some good pitches to hit and drove somerens in you.
Speaker 5: You might not think this about me, but I do have deep thoughts at times.
Speaker 6: So I was just.
Speaker 5: Wondering with the spring training that all of you guys had, where they try to limit the at bats and manage the load in spring. Do you feel like that's had any residual effect coming into the season.
Speaker 12: I mean, we had a everyone is a little different, but I think we had a decent amount of time and at bats and stuff's get ready. So you know, this is big leagues and you face some good pitching and good teams. So you just got to go out there and keep doing your best and keep grinding every single day.
Speaker 5: Kyle Tucker is our guest in front of first pitch between the Dodgers and Nationals. So, uh, your first road trip with the team, you got to fly on that fancy players only playing there. So do you feel like these type of times and road trips really bring a team together, especially some of the new guys.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's science.
Speaker 12: I mean, you can you have a lot more time together just because you're kind of away for our families unless they, you know, came on the road trip with you, but you know, the flight, it's definitely can have a lot more time to get to know each other and or just like play some cards or games or whatnot on the on the trip, especially coming out here's a couple hours, so got plenty of plenty of that end. But it's good. I mean we can so go grab lunches or dinners. Went out over the road trip, so it's it's kind of a good time to get to know each other and buy a little bit more.
Speaker 10: So it's been good.
Speaker 5: You seem like a postmate sky, like you're just gonna stay in your room and have the food delivered to you or do you venture out?
Speaker 2: Do I have you wrong?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 10: That's pretty accurate. I mean it depends. It was long fly.
Speaker 12: We got at like seven am or something, so I slept most of the day and then just walk up and ordered some food. So kind of took my time to hit some face times and whatnot yesterday, So.
Speaker 10: Suet's Night brings.
Speaker 5: What is Kyle Tucker like about Nationals Park? What don't you like about Nationals Park?
Speaker 10: I don't know. I think today will be pretty cool.
Speaker 12: So, I mean it's they're opening day today, so they got opening ceremony and everything for them, So especially doing it here in the nation's chapital is it is kind of cool to see and you know, be a part of. So hopefully we can ruin it for them today with a win, So we'll see how it goes.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm calling my shot right now. I stolen base for Kyle Tucker today.
Speaker 10: I'll take it. I mean, I'm getting on bass.
Speaker 5: So yeah, yeah, don't worry Tucker. It's surely it's only the first five games, six games. Don't worry, Tucker. Let the season breathe a little bit. I'm not jumping to any emotional conclusions.
Speaker 10: We got we got a lot of games left to get there. So I'm all right, Well, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 5: Really appreciate it, and look forward to doing this maybe in August again.
Speaker 10: Yep, sure sounds good. Oh hey, all.
Speaker 5: Right, everybody heard that. Whenever I need all right, Tucker, thank you. We'll see you in Toronto.
Speaker 10: Thank you, appreciate it.
Speaker 5: There he goes, Kyle Tucker has been our guest, and here receive a gift card to Capitol, Grill and Burbank. I love those guys. There go to that one. You never know who Tucker might bring with you. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 4: Thanks a lot of DV Kyle Tucker, getting to know him more and more every time DV catches up with than Dodgers. Baseball's brought to you by uniclode Field. The Dodger stadium. Visit uniclode dot com, slash us lean you up to first pitch Dodgers in Nationals home opener for the Nationals in our nation's capitol. First pitch coming up at ten oh five. I'm next. We'll dive deep for this pitchy matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Nationals. First pitch from Washington, DC, coming up at ten oh five is they make player introductions up and down the first baseline and third base lines for the home opener for the Washington Nationals.
Speaker 3: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchhouts.
Speaker 4: Brought to you buy your Toyota dealers. We make it easy. Miles michaelis on the Mount oh to one, seven thirty seven year old veteran right hander, twelve season the big League's also spent some time in Japan, Padres, Rangers, Cardinals, now the Nationals. Two time All Star in Saint Louis, He's been reliable four straight seasons with at least thirty starts. However, his record doesn't show a lot of effectiveness. In his first seat start this year against the Cups, five innings, six runs, six hits in a loss at rig Lee Field, he has a one to five record with the six to twenty ERA and ten appearances against the Dodgers. He's had success at Nationals Park, maybe one of the reasons why he signed there five to one with the two thirty five ra As an opposing pitcher there since twenty eighteen. Emmitt Sheehan goes for the Blue. Twenty six year old right hander, fourth season the Big League's debuted in twenty twenty three, miss twenty twenty four because of Tommy John surgery last year fifteen games. Now he's healthy, ready to go for a full year ten and four overall at his career twenty nine games, twenty four starts, one hundred and fifty nine strikeouts. First time out this year, three to third innings, four runs, five hits, six strikeouts in a no decision against the Diamondbacks. Dodgers Baseball is brought to by al Poto, born in la and made for your game day. Al Pato bring authentic Mexican style to miato sauces, sauces and hot sauces to your table, El Pato Gourmet and a Can. Dodgers and Nationals were fifteen minutes away from first pitch home opener from our nation's Capitol, Dodgers wearing their blue road jerseys. He said, the game our next. I'm Tim Kase is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Dodgers Nationals image. She and Miles Michael is the pitching matchup on this Friday morning start of a three game set beginning of the road trip. Getting ready for the start of the game with a Saporo start. Yeah, great moments, Start with Sapporo beer, whatever your taste preference to Poro hows you cover with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Soporo good with sushi, great with baseball. Before first pitch to go back out to the booth. Steven Nelson Rick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 6: Tim Kates, we're getting close to first pitch here at Nationals Park. It'll be thrown by Miles Michaels, a long time Cardinal now a National. He's starting opposite Emmett she And for the Dodgers and Mole. Before we get your big key of the game, diving into this starting pitching matchup, all to talk about the Dodgers' offensive struggles early on in this season with respect knowing that the other side, hey, they're big leaguers too. There are at least a couple pitchers on this National staff where the Dodgers should get to.
Speaker 10: Them, including today.
Speaker 7: If we look at Miles Michaelis, seven starts, ten games overall era career against the Dodgers. Yes, that's in the past, but an era of over six Okay, that's one thing. However, I think both of these ball clubs have to be very cognizant. For the Nationals was Emitt Sheen, who was not particularly sharp in his first outing, but she and a very good slider and a good change up. And I mentioned the change up in the slider because that's what the Dodger hitters have to look at. At Miles Michaelis, how about this number the last two years for michaelas if you're a Dodger hitter, you're going to looking off speed pitch well, the first pitch. In the last two years to hitters, exactly fifty percent of the pitches have been off speed. He's not gonna blow the fastball by, but he will change speeds and change very well.
Speaker 6: Miles michaelis Emmitt Shean, the Dodgers and the Nationals opening day at Nationals Park. We'll get underway shortly until then, Tim, back to you, all right.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Nelly. Don't forget Dodger fans when this game is over. David Vessy's got you covered with all the postgame festivities from Nationals Park, reaction from the clubhouse, and of course Dodger talk as well. But first things first, Dodgers first road game of the twenty twenty sixth season. It's the home opener in our nation's capital, Washington, DC. Dodgers in Washington, Nationals, Emmitt she and Miles Michael as Dodgers wearing their fancy new blue road jerseys. As player introductions have come to a conclusion and we are getting ready for first pitch next enjoyed, everybody. I'm Tim Katson. This the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network