Speaker 1: Lots of people out in the bount trying to fill their gift list for the people they love and care about. Saw a bunch of cars with trees on top on the way in. It's Sterling hanging out with Donnade again the Nation station seven HUNDREDULW. You look like you're basking in the glow of like some type of joy. Oh does this have anything to do at all with the Crosstown shootout last night? I'm just curious because I know you are a Musketeer.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am graduating from Xavier, so I was happy to see that they won, and I wasn't surprised by it. I know a lot of people thought that you see might win, but I kind of thought Zavier was gonna win. They have a good record playing with Crosstown shoot shoot out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they haven't won back to back years since like nineteen ninety, no ninety six or ninety seven, so long ago. I think you were across the street at that point. Yeah, I was what is now kiss but doing afternoons then Channel Z of seven to one. That's been a mine. It that's been a while. I can't even remember. I may have had hair halfway down my back at that point. That's how long ago. So yeah, it is the season. I have to tell you I have not. I've done just the minimal amount of Christmas shopping so far. I haven't done. I always prepared for everything. You're like a perfect girls shout, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: I I you fake it well, but I guess because I feel like I am, like you know, last minute Lucy sometimes and I you know this this year for sure, I've just been you know, burning the candle and I just haven't gotten it. But I am gonna. I'm going to do it all next week and get it all done. Getting it done, Yeah, good thing, It's go time. So I'm just curious when you do that and how you navigate the whole because I'm an only child. You have we've talked about this well as adults. Yeah yeah, not as a kid. But I mean I don't have a multitude of siblings, so I mean I may or may not. And this is not about us.
Speaker 1: In a pressure situation, I may give you a little something or whatever to say, hey, I've got I gotta get I gotta pat No, do'll forget it. We want to agree to Okay, Well, here's the topic. Do you get stuff for the people you work with.
Speaker 2: Yes, the answer is yes, I think that you do, and the people that are somewhat in your life. You know, obviously the big Christmas Eve and Christmas Day gift giving is kind of a big deal. But yes, when we see each other before the holiday, well probably we've always exchanged.
Speaker 3: We have.
Speaker 1: I mean, you even gave me a bag full of like which the other day a week or two ago. Yeah, you come in here, go, I got this stuff for you. And it's lotions and sabs and like snacks and everything else. And I'm like, I am hungry and need to moisturize. I don't exactly know what is going on, And like I brought you some rosemary that smelled good. Yeah, and I in the kitchen, I cut the thing. They'll put her on the stove for a while. Yeah, the dog would walk through it. Yeah, of course it was so good. Is their chicken too? I don't know, because there's usually something that goes together. Do you do like aside from us, like other co workers, because you have another gig and I do some other stuff. Do you do the elephant white elephant deal? Do you have a limit? How do you go about that. And with the house full of or you know, a family, a bunch of other siblings, how do you do because you could go broke just with your family. Yeah, I mean as adults, I don't. I stopped giving gifts sisters. Now, if they lived here and we were all together, that would be you know something. But my one of my sisters turned sixty and my sister and I got her an Apple watch, and that was I mean that that's that's always fun to do stuff like that. But on a general basis, no, we don't go give a bunch of Christmas gifts unless they're in town, and then we'll do it. Yeah, because they're there, Yeah you feel Yeah, we don't need.
Speaker 2: To ship it out. I have so many nieces and nephews. There's no way I could do that.
Speaker 1: If you listen, there maybe another one soon. I mean, every time I talk to you, like, there's a year, there's a ton it's hard to sort of, you know, navigate the dudes and dults of this. And I'm talking to a friend of mine the other night. It was after our holiday party here, and he's complaining to me because of this whole idea of tipping that goes into the holiday season as well, and he's like, man, do you do the trash guy? And I go, I don't know that I ever even.
Speaker 2: Sail man, I know, and then we I have three of them. So what do you do if you have three trash guys? Yeah, we have a recycling truck. There's a trash Yeah, and I don't know who's in the truck that used to get out. Now it's just there's an arm that comes. It could be autonomous. I don't even know. Maybe there's no real guy anymore. I reach out to runky on this and my neighbor goes, I think you should tape it to the trash can. I'm like, if they don't get out and it's just taped to the trash can and then they dump it in, it's like to fall off and then go in and it ends up at Mount Rumkey, and then I should go diving for cats. Listen, we as a society at this point tip for everything. It almost is. It almost is. There was a young girl. Did you hear this story.
Speaker 1: I don't know the story. Okay, well there's a young girl Server.
Speaker 2: She was away Server, right, and she ran after this couple that had one hundred and forty dollars bill and they didn't tip her anything, and she harassed them to the point where a police came over and arrested her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and a tip is a bonus. Yes, you can't.
Speaker 2: If somebody doesn't leave a tip, you cannot. You have to just let them not leave a tip. And they said, we don't believe in tipping, and she said, then you shouldn't be going out to eat at a restaurant. It's a it's a bizarre thing now like anywhere you go, everything Starbucks now, everything has tips included.
Speaker 1: I think when the worm turned and it's been a while ago, I remember flying out of CVG in one of those little coffee stand deals or whatever else. It's been a while ago, and they had their jar and I was just moving down the line. I may have even mentioned this to you. And I'm pretty simple. Just give me a cup of black coffee or work out the rest.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, I'll put the cinnamon in by myself.
Speaker 1: I'm good. And what tips are appreciated? And I was like, who the hell are you? Yeah, I mean I appreciate that, but they're paying you. I'll tip you. I hadn't moved left yet Yeah, I'm just trying to get to the end. I might want a brownie. I don't know when you're asking for money. Yeah, that's a weird thing.
Speaker 2: Well, as someone who's been a bartender for years and you know a server too, you know, and before I even went to college, I did that job, and you know, we lived on tips because the the servers don't get paid very much.
Speaker 1: No, they live on tips.
Speaker 2: So I get it when you have one hundred and forty dollars bill and that's like, you know, a good tip would be fifteen twenty bucks. That's you know, for an they're probably there for an hour.
Speaker 1: Twenty about right, right? Yeah, what if they're crappy service deliverers? I still I still give tips.
Speaker 2: I tip, I really do tip above but I used to do it, but you can't as a I would never chase after anybody that didn't leave me a tip. I mean it'd be a bummer and I probably would recognize and even still, you know, just notice if they come back and that's not my table or whatever, but.
Speaker 1: And make sure everybody why tip? Just no they don't tip.
Speaker 2: I mean I haven't done that job in a long long time, but I think it's I think tipping has gotten at a hand at like Starbucks and you get you know, get offered a coffee.
Speaker 1: That's your job. You should be able to do it.
Speaker 2: But when you're bartending and you're serving and they don't make that much, then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know minimum wage is going up, but of servers and stuff, they have a lower wage because the idea is that their income is supplemented by the tipping. And I grab. I mean a lot of our friends have all been involved in that. A couple of them are involved in the industry now as manager's owners whatever, and they sort of do that, which leads me to another thought in that it was a friend in Vegas and then somebody here was telling me too that there are more restaurants that are starting to have an all inclusive deal, like you're going to buy your dinner whatever, they don't want you to tip. In fact, it's not even a line item on the receipt and they're just going to take it out of their end for what you're paying for the food product. But that's you know, that's on their side of the I think that's a great idea.
Speaker 2: I think there's going to be I where was it we went somewhere and that was no tipping include Oh, it was like a whole resort and you didn't have to tip anyone, and the valet you didn't have to tip anybody. It was all inclusive. That is going to start being the new norm.
Speaker 1: I think. I think that's so nice.
Speaker 2: I would be willing to pay norm to not have to worry about tipping everybody, because I do worry about it, Like do I have cash?
Speaker 1: Who carries cash anymore? Nobody carries cash. It's all to you sometimes. I mean I have something, but I know I never know how much cash I have. No. The only thing I use cash for is to tip people. That's it. It's it's a it's an odd sort of scenario.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: And I remember the first time I was, you know, fortunate enough to be able to go to England, you know and take a sort of like a vacation deal. And I have some people tell me but you know, don't try to tip the you know, they don't take the tips. And I'm whatever, dude, he tried to get me in trouble over there. And you go into a pub and you know, get a pint maybe whatever, some bangers and mash whatever it is, and I threw down some change, which I have no idea because it's not US currency. I don't know what's going on. And when one guy looked at me and he was like, we don't do that here, and I'm like, I'm sorry what And I'm like no, it was just he says, no, this isn't America, And all of a sudden, I became the ugly American because I was trying to give the guy some love because he's you know, it was right. Even now, I'm like flashing back. I'm like, listen, it was a bad time. It was a bad time. So we're kind of curious. If you're a service industry type person, do people tip you more of the holidays? Are they getting sting here? Do you feel weird, you know, in that expectation of it. Do you treat people differently if in fact they don't tip. Of course, it's it's a human people. Of course, slow it down. Next time Terry Larry shows up, You're like, no, that bastard never paid.
Speaker 2: You should definitely not run after the people and tell them that they owe you a tip.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Poor girl, that young girl who was upset, and I get I feel her pain. Got arrested for that for harassment, disturbing.
Speaker 1: The peace because you could have been somebody else's grill. Yes, that's kind of a yeah.
Speaker 2: I guess they put press charges and everything. She was listen. That's not an easy place to be.
Speaker 1: No, you got to pick your spots in life. Yes, chase somebody down. That's like pulling off of an exit, you know, trying to get off seventy one or seventy five, depending on where you are in the country, and you're like, there's somebody right there at that light, and you're like, I was thinking about helping them out. The light turn green and they start like hobbling up ports like, no, man, I'm not trying to run over you anybody else. Yeah, five one, three, seven, four ninety seven thousand. You were juzzing me. I could tell you're like, eh, No, I used to I used to give out.
Speaker 2: I lived in LA for a long time and I used to get I used to give people money.
Speaker 1: I stopped doing that. I just did.
Speaker 2: I used to almost every homeless person I saw I gave money to, and I was like, you know.
Speaker 1: What, it broke that way. Yeah, And some of.
Speaker 2: Them were you know, expected it when I'd see him on my route to Trader Joe's and I'd be like, uh no, So you know, I just stopped doing it. And I think that there's a need for it, and I was happy to do it.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I just personally stopped doing it, like short Vine, you see, like you know, it's constant, sort of like up in your ground, like do you get away from me? Put that classical music up louder, you know, may move on? Yes, eight hundred, the Big One, your chance to get interactive. Do you tip? Do you tip more less aggressive? I guess solicitation for it, which just sounds dirty. Uh, let's rip through some calls here. Uh, it's all holding the longest. Let's get to Batavia.
Speaker 5: Ron.
Speaker 1: Then Chris and Tommy and Bill and Richard and others were Stirling and Donnadee on the Big One. What do you have? Ron?
Speaker 4: Hey, I love your show for sure, But I got a tip story. It's kind of the waitress run after the customer. But it was a different story. Uh, these two guys come in and ate, and uh when they left, they tipped two cents and the waitress picked up the two cents and run out in the parking lot and said, here you forgot this.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, if you're only eving two cents, you want to keep it. You need it more than a kind of yeah.
Speaker 2: And you know what they did it just to bother her that you don't leave two cents, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: That's tough, and I know it's a hard time. John. What else do you have run before we let you go? I wasn't trying to prematurely hang up on you. I have a problem with a trigger finger on the mouse. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: That's all I've got.
Speaker 1: That's happy Christmas time. Let's get to Chris here quickly. Seven hundredu WLW with Sterling and Donna d Do you tip if you're in the service industry, are they showing you the love they should? Or do you feel disrespected and uncared for?
Speaker 6: I actually, because I've been in the industry, I tend to overtip.
Speaker 1: But well, here's there.
Speaker 6: I'll tip if I'm getting bad service and it's not the service fault. So food comes to at LA and it's not.
Speaker 1: The service fault.
Speaker 6: And I've worked in the restaurant, so.
Speaker 3: I can see what's going on.
Speaker 6: If she only has two tables in a section and I see her talking to her friends as a bad service. I'm not gonna tip as much.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing.
Speaker 6: When I go on a cruiser like a resort, I actually still I tip on top of what I've already done, already given the tip, and I tip more, especially on the cruise because the bartender, I'll slip at my twenty And you know what, no matter how long that line is.
Speaker 2: Remember totally, Chriss, you got your own agenda.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I've learned that over time as well. Chris is like a guru trying to figure out how to navigate the waters of trying to not stay. Two third, you.
Speaker 2: Tip a valet, You give a valet twenty bucks and say keep your car up front.
Speaker 1: They will remember you this second. Did you walk.
Speaker 7: Out as a server?
Speaker 6: I still remember my I still remember the people who tipped and who didn't tip, and I would I would never give bad service, but I wouldn't give my excellent service to.
Speaker 1: Just what you needed to do. Chris, appreciate to call me and have a great holiday season. Let's get another one here before the break. Let's Bill. Well, hold on, Bill, I'm sorry we only have thirty seconds. I was looking at that wrong quick break come back three third to report soon and then later Jack Crumley going to join us too, and we got Joe Daniman from Box nineteen going to talk Bengals and Bills and maybe a little Crosstown shootout. Things got weird taking calls last night after that game. A lot of hate and the sarcasm from you Musketeer people. We're Sterling and Donna d coming back with mister Western high to keeping us in line on a Saturday afternoon. Seven hundredu W LW. Hey, it's Sterling and Donnade hanging out. Seven hundred WLW. You are too, or you wouldn't be like here with us now.
Speaker 8: Correct.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful thing. Bill, it was getting interactive with us. We like a five point three seven four nine, eight hundred, the big one talking about to tipping coming off to the jack that show some love to those who serve us and our lives as holiday season are just in general. Bill, sorry to be brief early. You got about a minute. What do you have?
Speaker 9: Well, I'm a tax attorney CPA here in Cincinnati, and there is the nude tax ball that says tips are tax free. I bet there are special rules that you need to be aware of. The IRIS is issued a complete list of which services qualify for the tips being tax free, So not all services qualify. There's a comprehensive list, and the tip has to be voluntary, so those restaurants or businesses that require a tip and put it on the tab that will be taxable to the employee.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's interesting.
Speaker 2: So if I can change if I write all my if I get I can write all the tips off that I've given to servers or the servers it's tax free?
Speaker 1: Which one are you talking right? For the servers?
Speaker 3: This is the servers.
Speaker 4: These are the employees.
Speaker 1: If you have to do right off by tips, you can't write off this.
Speaker 9: This affects all the employees.
Speaker 1: Her eyes bill looked like it was like a spinning. She was like, oh my god, I'm getting paid. I'm a little I'm a little like silly today. But well, it's been a while and we've had you on the show actually as a guest before, so it's a weird, you know, having you on this way, so we'll have to do it again.
Speaker 2: Well, can you give our producer your number because I want to talk to you. We'll put you on hold and get on that. I'm sure I have it.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Time for news three third report Sterling, Donna D coming Back, Tipping and Jack Crumley and so much more on a Saturday seven hundred WLW Sterling and Donna D hanging out. It's a beautiful Saturday afternoon, you know, I this is the first day Dona and I don't know how long. And I'm sorry for talking so loud. I get worked up and excited. You're leaned in. You know you were just bebopping you know what? You know what helped me? Yeah, the bumps, the music and the bumps. You say the wrong way, somebody think another slang or thinking again. You sound like you're a little hopped up coffee boy. It is a whole nother story. But yesterday, last night Crosstown shootout, which, by the way, Joe Daniman Fox nineteen then to join us. We'll talk on Bengals bills and last night's a Crosstown shootout. If you're a Bear Caast fan, you hated it, you're Musketeer fan and maybe an alum like Donnade over there, then she's got a glow about her and not rubbing it in at all. No, not at.
Speaker 2: All, No, No, it's just it's just nice to see a good match, a good game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a great matchup. It was back and forth for a minute, and you see, the hate is real, like there's hell is reel for like you know, FC Cincinnati and the Crew in Columbus and MLS soccer or football action, and uh, that is real. And then of course the hate is real here. But sometimes there's good hate that like of all that that it's good hate, right.
Speaker 2: Well, it's fun to watch when there's such rivals. We talked about this yesterday. Literally when when it's it's more fun to even root against than it is to root for.
Speaker 1: Sometimes even doing a show like this, if a team's doing poorly, pick one, We've had our share. It seems that this is a more compelling people when they're angry or more entertaining. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I have a friend who's the biggest NFL football, big Vikings fan, and she loves NFL and she's a big OSU fan, batting later on exactly big sports weekend here in Cincinnati and around the area. But she will literally say the most harshest things, kill them go yeah. On a text of my take it easy, Take it easy, cat, it's crazy breath.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'll tell you why. I'm excited because this is last night allowed me to focus and be able to figure out what the hell day it is for the first time, and seemingly weeks after in the midst of the Thanksgiving thing, I knew last night was Friday. I know today is Saturday, and onward and forward until Christmas week. I will probably have it together pretty well. And for that I'm excited exactly. Yeah, we were talking tipping and inappropriate or appropriate. How much aggressive solicitation for tips, which is in itself in the description is enough for me to go, hell no, don't at that point, you're a beggar.
Speaker 2: I mean it's like, I don't forget to fill out the screen below and answer every single question on there.
Speaker 1: I've never thought about leaving change like a couple of pennies, like a guy earlier mentioned, and you know, because that is sort of like, well, you know you need that more than me if that type of situation. Let's get to a James with Stirling and Donna, d Brian and driver Dave and others coming up, and Joe Daniman from Buckshaking you know, joints. We'll talk Bengals and everything else here in a little bit. What's up, James, Hey, guys, how's it gone. Good?
Speaker 3: Love to hear both your voices.
Speaker 10: So this happened just you know, ten days ago was a Saturday after Thanksgiving and our friend was getting married for the third time. So we thought, hey, no, obviously no bachelor party, that's crazy. But we took them to Twin Peaks, which you know, I love Twin Peaks. I've got good salmon, good beer.
Speaker 1: Fine, you're not throwing them a third deathsolute party. Well, that's another pace we know, but that's not going to do. That's not going to get you the side eye when you say where you've gone compared to some other places where they may or may not wear a crillic heels. Go ahead, I'm sorry, I digress.
Speaker 10: Well, all right, so I got to continue my story.
Speaker 3: So we didn't go.
Speaker 10: Off to Vegas, right, We went to Twin Peaks, which is an awesome place. So then somewhat one of the guys there's like, let's go to the strip club. We're all like, you know, we're in our fifties, you know, like this, you know, probably doesn't make sense. But bottom line is the entourage went to a strip club. So you get the strip club, and you know, I mean, at this point in my life, I'm kind of uncomfortable as strip clubs. But whatever, so we all go and like, all right, the right thing to do. I guess this could be his third matchup party.
Speaker 3: Let's get them.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 10: It's called a private dance, a lap dance and a booth or whatever.
Speaker 1: I knows. We all know it's wholesome and innocent as I am. I know, I know, Jay, you go, we'll keep it. We won't say anything to anybody.
Speaker 10: So so we pony up the cash and I think Donna you had said, like who carries cash anymore? Like good point, So but we had some cash and and so so they take the guy in. The woman takes the guy into the booth and and it was, you know, again two days after Thanksgiving for approaching the Christmas season, and and so they get done, he gets done whatever, and she's like, hey, how about a tip. He's like, I thought my my friends paid for this. He's like, yeah, but they didn't leave me a tips. Like She's like, I don't have any cash and She's like, but it's a holiday season, come on, man, So it's like begging for money. And so like I think an assistant manager came out like, no, I mean, we paid what you asked for. We're not giving her a tip, you know, for for for the holidays. Not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: So, James, that's a that's an interesting story. I love this story because he's right. You pay for a service and then you know, you think, you think that that's it. You know, she's negotiated the price, they paid it.
Speaker 1: And she didn't have like a swipe to pay. I think that's what's coming on our wrist.
Speaker 10: Actually take venmore.
Speaker 1: The phone's where I mean, there's so many questions.
Speaker 2: Well, I will say I will say this, that is a tricky situation and when that happens, it just makes everybody feel uncomfortable. So I think so because tipping is optional and like I, like I said, I have been a bartender for years and years and years and a server and I worked for tips for many, many years, and it's important to tip, and I am a huge tipper. But if somebody doesn't automatically give it to you or want you to have something, you don't need to go and ask for it. You really puts everybody in a real uncomfortable position.
Speaker 1: James appreciate the call, mank you. Yeah, that's so hard to show that shang. Let me just say this, that whole not that I know much about. I've had friends in that business right on the pole and in the DJ booth and running club or two here or there. I will say it is based on tips, and they will count out those singles and they tip out that DJ, and they tip out this one and that one. So was this specific?
Speaker 2: I don't know the rules either, to be honest, I really don't. But if she negotiated a price and he paid it and his friends paid it, it would have been up to the bachelor to say, here's another whatever fifty bucks or whatever the heck.
Speaker 1: This it all goes back to Chris Rock. And remember there is no love in the champagne room. And if you don't tip extra, there is definitely no love in the champagne room. Let's get to Wilmington. Driver Dave was Stirling and Donnade on the Big One talking tipping and holidays and what about the strip club? Do you not carry cash? I mean to pay and you can help us out on that before we get to the driving around.
Speaker 9: Hey Dave, Oh sorry, guys, clients back in the car, Can I call you back?
Speaker 1: Yeah? On hold, text me. Here's the thing. Is he listening in an earbud or is he driving someone around listening to us in the car, whichever service he's driving. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think you. I think you scared him away with the strip club talk. And not every guy, and not every guy is comfortable.
Speaker 1: Or maybe uncomfortable talking about the person in the vehicle, whether they tip or not to. This could be awkward for the rest of the ride. Now, absolutely uncomfortable in the back seat there, like is he being too chatty? Is he talking to us?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 1: How do you rate that? There's so many pathways.
Speaker 2: I love how our listeners just say hey you guys, I'll call you.
Speaker 1: I love that. It is a beautiful thing. Let's get to Brian seven hundred, WLW Sterling and Donna d what's going on?
Speaker 11: Hey Sterling and Donna, how you guys doing today?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 12: Oh good?
Speaker 11: Wouldn't have it any other way?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Absolutely better that you're here. So what do you have?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 11: I have kind of boycotted this place. Myself. I just refuse to go there. But there is a liquor store, a decent size one. It's nice, it's clean, it's for on Beachmont Avenue that for the longest time they had a tip jar on their counter. It's a regular Ohio State liquor store. And it's oh gosh, it's been all about a year since I've been in there. But the last time I was in there, I wanted to pick up some bourbon. It was right there, pulled in real quick, got it and the guy says, do you want a receipt? I said yes, and he printed it out. Ain't it to me? Fine? Everything was that, people were nice and all, and there was an extra fee on here of a dollar thirty two.
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 11: And I said, well, what's this? I said, because I could see the price of the bourbon. Yeah, the sale sales text and then an extra dollar thirty two And he says that's for bringing it up here.
Speaker 3: What I said, what?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 11: You're charging me extra pay.
Speaker 1: Paid? You're not pouring it, you didn't bring it to the take some chips or something like. You're just asking to open the bottle or anything.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I said, you want to carry it out to my are.
Speaker 1: Wow. So it was for a tip for the guy behind the counter.
Speaker 9: This is this.
Speaker 11: This place is just a few feet from Greater's ice Cream on the same side of the.
Speaker 1: Streets, a lot of them. Greater I give my blackberrisberry chip and that like sugar like you know that the like there's a couple. I'm gonna pay for it either way. I just showed me some love. That's a tough spot. I haven't gone back because of that.
Speaker 11: I have exactly, I have no problem. Like you mentioned earlier, if you got an extra dime or a few pennies and nickel here there, you put it in that little jar right there, like everybody does. That's not a problem. That's not a problem. But to automatically, without your knowledge, charge you to bring up your products, set it on there and basically saying, hey, okay, so we take away the tip jar, we're still gonna get Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what's interesting on that story too, is.
Speaker 2: That Briantan, a lot of people would say, not, I don't need the receipt is on my credit card all the time. I mean, I oftentimes don't get a receipt. That is very interesting story.
Speaker 1: And they I just saw I was gonna I don't know if I printed it or not. It's probably in an email. There's a new thing. If they put too much of your credit card information, more than your five last four or five. If they have your name or expiration date on there, which is vital information. If someone wants to steal your identity or at least fraudulently put stuff on there that they can be fined and get you a thousand dollars as a result. So get your receipt. Aside from the snuck in tip, that's a whole other thing. I have not heard that yet. That's interesting. That's that's a whole other world. Let's get Brett here and Mason with Sterling and Donnade on the big one. Hey man, what about this tipping scenario. Are you someone who gets tipped or are you stingy with it? I mean, come on, give the love the people. Hold it's not my money, so give some more.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm a stand there twenty percent temper and then I just go up or down from there. I'm money on the service. But but it's funny that you guys bring this up. Is this just hit my feed this morning? I'll do this really quick. Waitress Megan Hollis in Cleveland, Ohio, was arrested after flipping a table when a party of ten left a five dollars tip on a three hundred and four dollars Twenty two year old Hollis was arrested after she flipped an entire four top table at lakeside grill and outrage over a five dollar tip left by a party of ten celebrating a birthday. According to the report, Megan had spent three hours reselling SODA's cutting cake, holding out plates, splitting the check five ways. When she picked up the receipt and saw the tip five crumpled one dollar bills, she reportedly said no, no, absolutely not, set the money down, and walked directly through to the group's table. Witness to say she steered them and asks is this a prank, before grabbing the edge of the table and flipping it onto its side. Plate shattered, drink spilled everywhere in the birthday girls. Screen management intervened, but Mega shouted you don't leave five dollars on a three hundred dollar bill, not a charity and.
Speaker 5: Where it was rested.
Speaker 2: If anything deserves flipping tables, that one does sorry.
Speaker 1: Great, Thank you, Brett. We appreciate that.
Speaker 2: That's actually holy smokes that that's two servers that have now gone to jail over customers. People got to take it to ten people. Come on, you know better than that. That family shake her job is what she did. She quit her job. She flipped over a table and scared the birth tape child. And you don't do that. That's terrible. You know, they work on tips.
Speaker 1: That's pretty weak. That's side. I'm pretty accustomed to seeing large groups in most restaurants unless you're going to like more of a you know, not a high end place and birthday maybe you are, you know, the parties of eight or more. They include a gratuity there are ready to avoid that type of circumstance. And of course, if you're chopping up everything, that's right.
Speaker 2: But like in like kids, birthday places and smaller you know, smaller venues maybe or you know, you know what I mean, there should be there should be required tip five people five plus.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's a terrible thing. Here's the story.
Speaker 10: He did.
Speaker 1: Hello jobs strument it's bewildering. But here's the other part of that is that you kind of figure she might not have been that good of her reaction. Was that volatile in the first place, or they were really not only just cheap but also probably a pain in the ass.
Speaker 2: Well, he read the story saying, did she you know, was filling Jenson and cutting the Well, yeah, I mean, you know, not everyone has to cut the birthday cake. But good, I mean, you know, I I am in agreement. I don't think you should flip tables, but I would have been very upset myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we all just get along your four o'clock reports straight away. S and Donna d coming back a Saturday afternoon with a who they play tomorrow one o'clock kickoff where they make snow when the wind blows across the lake in Buffalo against those bills. Fox nineteen's go Danaman joins us talk about that Crosstown shootout and a whole lot more on the nation station home of the best Bengals coverage, News Radio seven hundred w WELW, Cincinnati are a beautiful Saturday afternoon, lots of people out in about Well, it was a thick traffic coming in on seventy one here and getting off at Montgomery Road. Stirling back with Donna d seven hundred double You well, know you a lot of Christmas treeze a word, a lot of people going hunting every we're getting it done today.
Speaker 2: I mean Thanksgiving is way over and it's all about Christmas.
Speaker 1: I'm just happy to know what day it is. I have that problem with that, even maybe in the even away from the holidays, they may or may not be confused from time to time on that confused a lot of people last night. Huge just I mean the city is electric leading up to the Crosstown shootout. It has changed over the years. Kind of give us some insight, perspective. Digging deep into his knowledge base from Fox nineteen, Joe Dana Man kind enough to give us us some time. And how are you? What are you doing? And thank you for joining me and Donnade on a Saturday afternoon on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: So you're very welcome.
Speaker 12: I'm doing well, and we are now less than three hours left on our drive to beautiful Buffalo, New York, where we have not seen the sun yet the drive.
Speaker 1: How much snow have you seen?
Speaker 12: Gray, Well, it's all on the side of the road, but we haven't seen any falling from the sky just yet. I think we're expecting a little bit of that tomorrow at the game, but as of now, the drive through Ohio has looked a lot like it does in Cincinnati, where there's a lot of snow in the median and on the side of the road. But it's smooth sailing right now on the way.
Speaker 1: Nice. It's difficult to do donuts when there's no snow on the road.
Speaker 2: Just telling them this is an exciting game to be in Buffalo.
Speaker 1: How can I.
Speaker 2: Know most people don't like to do this, but prediction on who's gonna win the game tomorrow?
Speaker 12: Okay, starting right off, hire that gun right here, we go, make the prediction right at the start. Okay, let me say this. We all knew before the season started how big of a game this was going to be. We just didn't realize the circumstances would be what they are where it feels like every week now the Bengals are playing for their stay alive sells and meanwhile Buffalo. We all thought Buffalo would be in first place and cruising towards the playoffs. Right now they own the last playoff spot in the AFC, so it's just as big for them as it is for the Bengals. I think it's going to be a close game. I do like the Bills to win the game. And I know that sacrilege to say on radio in Cincinnati, considering the Bengals haven't lost Joe Burrow's last eight star dating back to last season. I just don't think the Bengals defense will be able to get off the field and make the play they have to make in the fourth quarter to beat Josh Allen and James Cook when it comes down to it. But you can record it, you can play it back and tell me I'm wrong if Joe Burrow does it again. And who's who's smart enough to bet against Joe Burrow in December and January. The guy just doesn't lose games like this. And here I am going on the radio saying Joe's not gonna get it done tomorrow. I just don't believe enough in the Bengals defense to get it done tomorrow. But if there's anybody who can prove me wrong, certainly it's the quarterback in the event.
Speaker 2: Well, and Joe Burrow is undefeated against Josh Allen, So there's that to Ozero.
Speaker 1: I think I think.
Speaker 12: The only two quarterbacks, yeah, who are undefeated against Josh Allen with multiple wins are Joe Burrow and some guy with a bunch of Super Bowl rings name Tom Brady.
Speaker 1: Is softballs. That was a whole nother whole deal there talking to Joe Danamon Fox nineteen on the road to Buffalo Bengals Bill So getting it on tomorrow afternoon, one o'clock, seven hundred WLW. You know when you look at this matchup, I mean an eight and four Bills team and somehow they're you know, just on the cusp of getting and continuing onward for playoff action Bengals four and eight. How surprised were you at how quickly Burrows seemed to find his way and look so comfortable and in rhythm with that offense and all those weapons. Is he's just getting back into the group, and.
Speaker 12: How quickly Anybody who questioned whether Joe Burrow should come back and play or not was quickly reminded why he should come back and play.
Speaker 3: Yes, because the Bengals.
Speaker 12: Did a good job I think early and Dak Taylor mentioned this when I talked to him earlier this week, that they wanted to get Joe out of the pocket early to get him back comfortable playing football, and that was the biggest question to me was how would Joe look outside of the pocket doing all the things that he does so well playing the quarterback position. And they rolled him out, got him going early, He missed a couple of throws were used to seeing him make one to Jamar Chase down the sideline. There was another comeback stop rautph for Jamar Chase that they didn't connect on. But once they hit that long pass down the sideline to Jamar, it kind of felt like, Okay, Joe is back. And then Joe started making the kind of plays both with his arm and with his mind at the line of scrimmage that you could see this is what makes him different. This is what elevates the entire team. This is why even if the defense isn't necessarily good, even though they feel like they're playing more functional football the last few weeks, that he can elevate everybody around them and give them confidence they could win these kinds of games. And then you think back to games they lost right against the Jets, against the Bears, and you wonder if they had Burrow, then they likely win those kinds of games. And you wonder where the Bengals would be right now.
Speaker 11: But certainly.
Speaker 12: It surprised me that the Bengals had him so mobile so early, guys, I was surprised they went to a quarterback sneak. When they used a quarterback sneak with Joe Burrow, I thought that would be something they wouldn't do because you think about how much you have to push off with your feet and you're toes to make that kind of play. So they felt obviously very comfortable with where he was health wise with his foot to make that kind of call. But once he got his rhythm down, it looked like old Joe Burrow and Jamar Chase. And now you've got T. Higgins back on Sunday and the big three are back together for the first time in September. And the more we talk, the more I want to change my pick from earlier on in the conversation about like about the Bills trying to guard Jamar Chase and T. Higgins and Joe Burrow. They haven't had a lot of success doing that during the Joe Burrow era.
Speaker 2: Do you think Joe that you know a leader like Joe Burrow, He gets back on the feet old and the defense just wants to do the best job they can because in Thanksgiving they looked really good. I mean sure, and then Josh Allen, here's another reason. He has had quite a few turnovers. So I think that with the defense that has picked up and looking really good on the last game, and with you know everything you just mentioned on the offense, I think Bengals are gonna come out ahead.
Speaker 12: Well, I think that's the pass. And I think that's a really great point you make about the turnovers for the Bills, because if you look at the Bills raw numbers, you're gonna see an offense that's second in the NFL in total offense their top five and scoring offense. When they don't turn the ball over. They score touchdowns at a raid as high as anybody in the NFL. But they've turned the ball over a lot lately, I believe, eleven turnovers in their last four games. And if you're looking for a pass for a Bengals defense, that just probably isn't a quick to go out there and get three and outs and stops in forced punts. Maybe they can make some plays, Maybe they can give the Bengals offense a few short fields. Maybe they can make that one play in the fourth quarter of forcing a fuffle or getting an interception and maybe that's the path for them to win this game. And then you also talk about the defense having the inspiration of having a guy like Joe Burrow on the field. I talked to DJ Turner this week, and you talk to every different defensive player about what's the reason why the Bengals seem to be playing better defense? And you're going to get a different answer from everybody. But everybody we talked to, including DJ Turner, when you ask them what kind of a difference does Joe Burrow's presence make? DJ said, listen, when you see what that guy went through and overcame and how hard he worked to get back on the field, how do you not give it all as a teammate for a guy like that. And I don't think that kind of stuff is talked about enough. I don't think it can be measured. Did Joe Burrow and elevates not only everybody on offense? I think it elevates the entire team. And you sold that Thursday night, and think about it too, guys. The great image of the entire team around the Thanksgiving turkey table on the field. You know, typically that's just for the start of the game or maybe one or two players. It felt like half the Bengals roster was out there around Joe Burrow as he's pouring his heart out about his comeback and all the people that helped him get there, and guys just grabbing turkey legs and having a great time. That to me might be the image of the season, and that, to me is the difference that Joe Burrow makes when you get him back on the field.
Speaker 1: His emotion that was pouring out as you just made allusion to it, was really, i mean viscerally effect of watching it. The other thing talking to Joe Danaman Fox on the nineteen Bengals Bills tomorrow one o'clock, seven hundred WLW and Joseph headed to the snow, which you know, well in the wins expected to blow across that lake, so you'll see a little of it. But the other awkward, funny part of that is the guy were trying to decide as they were like, yeah, feast, it's Madden Feast, Grab a turkey leg Everybody had that sort of not sure kind of how long has this food been out? Is it really hot? Or are we supposed to do this? And then they're asking questions and guys have like turkey crammed into their head and crabs in their mouths. I was like, oh my god, it was fantastic. That's what you want.
Speaker 12: And the funny thing, too, was I was talking to Zach Taylor about this. I said, were you aware of what was happening out on the field? And he said, well, I went back to the locker room, and he said, I always go to the coach's locker room and try to gather myself with what I'm going to say, who's gonna get game balls? And he said when I walked back into the locker room, he said, there was nobody there, so he was wondering, where is everybody? And then he found them.
Speaker 11: All in the hallway.
Speaker 12: They were all gathered around a TV monitor watching the rest of the team out on the field, grabbing turkey legs and having a good time. And he said it turned into an impromptu team bonding kind of thing that this TV felt needed at that point because he talked for so many weeks about how much this team just needed a win right to calm the waters, to get some of the positive mojo back inside the locker room. And then they have that kind of moment. So yes, the food, as you asked, was still warm. They kept the food inside of a warm room, so it wasn't like they were eating cold turkey. I thought the funniest person out there, well two people, Joseph Osai not being able to talk because he had food in his mouth was hysterical. And then Bengals long snapper William Wagner, who's probably as anonymous as anybody on the team, he's the long snapper, all of a sudden became a main character in the middle of this celebration. He was doing fake interviews with a turkey leg. I'm like, William Wagner get the kind of personality to go out there and be right there on national TV. It was a really fun thing. And again, if I think at the end of the season, no matter if the Bengals make the run that they could make or if they don't make the run, at least they had that moment and there's an image to rally around and remember for the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: You know, I have to ask this because we've burned it up. I feel good about this now too. I'm like, man, I was, I was in a car, I was headed a Buffalo. I feel good about this, but I'm wondering a lot of times, you go, man, being in the AFC North is sometimes a detriment. But right now, when you look at this record of these two teams and how the Bills are sort of iffy, all of a sudden, the AFC North in the schedule the Bengals have in front of them, if they can get it done up by that lake, arguably the other mistake on the lake. And I think Donna's sister lives in Buffalo, or at least as a Buffalo. He's a huge Bills fan.
Speaker 12: Huge.
Speaker 1: There's a path, there's a path for them somehow to find their way to the playoffs. If they can get on that run. How likely is that? I know, I mean not that you're like throwing odds down, but I mean I'm just kind of curious, because I mean I kind of see it as a possibility at least a little bit.
Speaker 12: Well, if you want odds, if you type it into Google right now, you're going to get somebody spitting back numbers that say the Bengals have less than a ten percent chance of making the playoffs. That's what all these playoff simulators are showing and that number doubles if they win in Buffalo next week. For me, it's let me see what happens the next two weeks before I believe, because yeah, you're right. And maybe that's the hardest part about the Bengals season at Joe Burrow's injury, is that the AFC North, which has been an absolute monster ever since Joe Burrow got into the league, all of a sudden is the most gettable division as it's ever been since Joe Burrow's been here. And it's just like, of all the years, right for the Bengals not to go out and have Joe Burrow for the full seventeen weeks is the one year where it feels so winnable. And the other thing I would remind people is if you look at Baltimore and Pittsburgh schedules, they've got difficult schedules the rest of the way. We know what the Bengals have this week, we know they have Baltimore next week. If they're able to get through these two weeks and win both games, then you've got the runway to the playoffs and where the Bengals will likely be favored over the Cardinals over the Dolphins over the Browns and have a great chance to do this. But if you're asking me what are the Bengals chances of going to the playoffs and making this run, I say, ask me after next Sunday and what it looks like after they play Baltimore. Because even before the seedon started and we didn't know Joe was going to get hurt, everybody circled this three game stretch right of going to Baltimore, then going to Buffalo, and then playing Baltimore at home, that three week schedule of what would the Bengals have in late November, and you're early in December, and here we are, and even though the Bengals are four and eight and it feels like it's on life support as far as the playoff chances goes, if they can win this one and if they can win next week, all of a sudden, all the national talking heads who are pointing at the Bengals right now and saying, oh, that's the it team, that's the dangerous team. They might be the team to watch out for in the AFC North, all of a sudden that gets really loud, and the BEng let's have a chance to do something really special in the final few weeks.
Speaker 2: Joe, I think I'm gonna let you change your prediction because I think you want to for this.
Speaker 12: Game change the prediction. Okay, so here we go. I'm gonna give you a score now then, okay, okay now twenty seven twenty seven, twenty six Joe Burrow and the Bengals Evan McPherson wins it with a field goal in the final minute.
Speaker 1: Doesn't that feel better? That just feels better for it really does. And if that numbers right, I think then you go for the under. But I'm I'm not like a betting guy. I mean, I'm not here to like get anybody odds or information. I'm not involved in any of that type of thing. And it is unusual scheduling, isn't it too, You know, matchups against the Ravens in three weeks time. It's very unusual. Listen, thank you for making unusual too. Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 12: It's also unusual too, guys that the Steelers and Ravens haven't played each other until this weekend, so they still face.
Speaker 7: Each other twice.
Speaker 12: And that's the other fly in the ointment here. When you talk about the Bengals and tried to make this run, and I'll leave you with this the reason I went with twenty seven for the Bengals. That's the number they scored in the playoffs at Buffalo in January twenty twenty three in the snow. Twenty seven love.
Speaker 1: It's all right. I hope that your flip flopping actually is in the right direction this time for a whole lot of reasons. Safe travels, and thanks for giving us some time. And you're great at what you do and we appreciate you you making time for us on our Saturday afternoon anytime.
Speaker 12: Guys, thanks for having me that sir.
Speaker 1: It's Joe Dan and Fox nineteen starling Donnade coming back for thirty report. Jack Crumley out of the newsroom, going to join us. We'll talk about some good, cool fun stuff for you, the family, the kids, Santa Holidays, and all kinds of other stuff and a little movie things as well. Here on the Nation station seven hundred WLW on a DNA. Charlie Gros Yeah.
Speaker 5: I love on Christmas like and I that little sickly looking, beautiful wispy tree looked like something that someone would removed from the yard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of my favorites and Hey, look, our phone was ringing. It's Jack Krumley, who lived Large and the Winter Wonderland that is the tri State. Hey, Jack Crumley, we got Matt Reese to a news today and you're out and about doing other things and making time to join us. How are you? What's going on? You were Stirling and donnad.
Speaker 3: I'm good. It's nice to be on with you. Was Matt Reese doing a good job?
Speaker 1: Always?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I thought he sounded really good.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm just like a check.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I understood who you see that? That was the executive.
Speaker 2: It's like, wow, yeah, Jack. I was totally prepared to do your bit because I think what you guys are doing with the Cincinnati Film Festival in this one night film event that you want to have be kind of a tradition thing. I have everything pulled up and I'm super excited about it.
Speaker 1: Let's talk.
Speaker 2: Let's start with that, and then I want your opinion on Netflix buying Warner Brothers and how that's going to affect theaters and stuff. But let's start with the one night film event tonight.
Speaker 3: Sure, So tonight is a Cindependent Film Festival's snow Time Cinema. I am standing right now in beautiful Memorial Hall and over the Rhine, just across the street from Washington Park where we are going to be doing a screening of Elf this evening. But before that, we got a whole bunch of stuff for families to do. We've got pictures with Santa, We've got a free decorating station for ornaments. There's also a big silent auction we've got. I was helping put together some of these baskets that we're going to be auctioning off. Where you know, silent auctions, you can usually get all the stuff that's in the basket for way less than what it's actually worth. That's a nice little plug. This is our last big fundraiser of the year. Sindependent Film Festival is a nonprofit and this is our last big push for a fundraiser for the end of the year. And here we are. We're at a Memorial Hall getting started very soon.
Speaker 1: It's a fun kind of thing. First of all, Memorial Hall is just a great venue in general. I mean, is this a good energy in there, good vibe, old, nice beautiful building and Sanna's hanging around. They'll be like kids dressed up and living their life in the best way possible. Right about now, are people really showing up in pajamas and you know, like all their stuff taking these holiday pictures, because I mean, Donna and I were thinking about it, but I am ill prepared. We don't have matching job.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's not mandatory certainly, but yeah, we are encouraging folks just to either you know, do the family matching ugly sweater kind of thing or you know, holiday theme pajamas. I just saw a couple of kids running around that are that are indeed wearing footy pajamas. And we will have more folks showing up on that once we get going here. But yeah, we are expecting people to come dressed to the nines. And and as an added bonus, kiss one oh seven's very own John. John is going to be here doing his elf and around routine.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's great. That guy is out of control. This is like his favorite time a year. We had our big Christmas time bash or whatever a couple of days ago, and he's in the elf outfit and I mean dancing around, jumping on table. Yeah, people doing weird like other movements. It was interesting, but I was also waiting and trying to decide if I had been too bad to get like any of the cool stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we left till I can't imagine a world where you were bad to receive anything.
Speaker 1: Oh well, well that's nice. Yeah it was a compliment.
Speaker 2: So if people are coming late, like they haven't gotten their tickets or anything, can they just buy them at the door?
Speaker 1: Can they still get them online? Jack? How do they get their tickets in? How much?
Speaker 3: Yeah? For sure, definitely can get them at the door if you're in front of a computer or on a phone where you can use the internet on it. In independentfilmfest dot org is the website. I think Snowtime Cinema is like right there on the main page. Tickets are twelve dollars and that gets you a whole evening family fun.
Speaker 1: That's not bad. I mean, you can't even get a regular movie ticket hardly for much less than that, or less than that at all. And you've got Santa and elves and trees and all kinds of other cool stuff and John John bouncing around. He needs to back off the I mean, seriously, people's taken roll a little seriously. I hear on how hopped up on the coffee and iced t are you, But nobody mentions that guy. I mean, he is out of control.
Speaker 3: This is his time of year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he enjoys it, have fun with it.
Speaker 2: So, speaking of movie tickets, Hollywood is on edge because of this merger or Netflix acquisition of Warner Brothers, and you know, it looks like it's gonna be a done deal. A lot of people are saying it's the end of theaters, like how it was with Blockbuster when digital came on and streaming came on. What are your thoughts, jack on is this gonna be a problem, Like are we going to just stop going to the theaters because Netflix is gonna own DC. They're gonna own you know, every Guardians of the Galaxy, you know everything basically.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean, and movie theaters have been having a really tough time since COVID hit. Obviously, when when COVID hit and the idea of you know, a few dozen people a couple hundred people all cramming into a room to look at the same direction that was not very popular, and you know, streaming really took off during that time, and movie theaters have had a really hard time bouncing back since then. And the idea that you know, a multi billion dollar subscription service is buying one of the biggest American movie studios and all that that entails when the whole idea for them is too they want you to stay at home. You know, I think a lot of people are concerned about the future of movies in general, but movie theaters specifically. You know, a lot of it's going to be a wait and see kind of thing. There's a lot of things that are going to have to happen by government regulators before this thing gets to go ahead. It's probably not even going to happen until close to the end of next year if it gets the green light. I have no reason to think it won't, but you know, just there's a lot of regulations that are going to have to have boxes checked before this gets the green light. The one thing I would say as someone who does represent these independent film festival, you know, we are an independent film festival and we find people that have, you know, stories that they're passionate about telling and you know, sharing something that that matters to them and getting it out in front of people. We're not dealing with big studios here. We do independent films, and I think, you know, to a certain extent. This big acquisition is going to make the work of any sort of independent film festival that much more important in terms of people being able to make movies and tell the stories that they want to tell.
Speaker 1: You enter he's talking to Jack Crumley, by the way, he's our news director. But the Cincinnati is Independent Film Fest is one of his things. He does all sort of like a side project. I guess it right, personal passions. There you go, don't. I can't imagine that all theaters are going to go away. What's interesting about this whole deal though, with Netflix, Warner Brothers and all the you know, accruit forments that come with that, is that you have a lot of directors, some actors, and some other production companies that do business with them that have contracts that say that they have to have stuff that go into theaters and for a certain period of time in a run before they can go to streaming. So the question would be that they nullify those contracts, do they honor those and continue it and sort of keep the diversified way of moving I hate to use the term just generically content, but moving that content from the creation mode to the theater and streaming and having maybe more of a mingling of all those things, possibly, don't you think, or no, yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, nothing's going to happen right away, and the idea that movie theaters are going to just instantly disappear, that's probably not going to be the case. I mean, you know, if this acquisition goes through in Netflix own's warners now and they've got multiple streaming services that are all tying together, things are going to maybe you know, it's like turning the faucet down a little bit. And you know, for Warner Brothers to release a big movie like Superman that made a ton of dough, I would think that the big, the big blockbuster kind of releases for summertime might still have a home in theaters. However, many theaters still exist. But you know, you're also seeing on the business side of things. This is very similar to what happened in Hollywood back before the I think it's called the Paramount Accords. It was like the forties, and the Supreme Court got involved because every studio also owned its own movie theaters and it was this vertical integration that the government said, hey, you can't do that, and then that led to, you know, the creation of a bunch of independent theaters, and now we've sort of gone back. The accords aren't really being enforced anymore, and you have these big filmmaking TV making streaming studios that also control their own distribution, and that's not the way it's supposed to be. Whether or not that's going to matter to anybody in charge, we will just have to see.
Speaker 1: Well, that is an interesting point talking to Jack Crumley. And to make it all, here's the other thing of this. I love going to the Esquire, the Marimond ken Wood, all these other things. And some of them are smaller movies. They still have some screens and you know, and show some bigger movies too, but there's nothing like I mean, I remember being as a little kid with my cousins and you know, friends or whatever else we'd pile in the van or whatever it was. That parents were probably very happy to like get us all into a theater hopped up on like caffeinated beverages and sugar products and mass watching a big screen and trying to keep us quiet in there. But what great members and experiences, I guess the differences that we have, you know, a TV the size of your wall and a chance to do maybe a little of that at home well, and I feel like.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's making us stay at home so much more too. I mean, there's a great thing about having the streaming.
Speaker 1: I mean I have.
Speaker 2: Netflix, I have Hulu, I have all the other ones too. But getting out and socializing and going to a movie with your friends has always been such a fun experience. I hope it doesn't go away. I really do. I hope that the theaters stay around.
Speaker 3: It's probably yeah, me too, And that's going to take people having to go out and spend money on tickets and go out. You know, the way you were talking done it was just like those the AMC theaters that run that little segment of Nicole Kidman talking about the magic of being in a theater and how heartbreak feels good here, and you know that all feels I don't know, for me, that's a little more mediocre when I am at home. I'd rather be in a room full of people and we all start laughing at the same thing. And you know that really specific flavor of popcorn that you can only get at the se with a big cherry coke. I'm all about.
Speaker 2: That, yes, exactly. It's an event like yours tonight. It is an event and people are going to be so happy to get there because you have so much fun stuff for the kiddos, and you know, I hope it is a blast. If I wasn't on nine to midnight tonight, I would be down there with you.
Speaker 1: So well.
Speaker 3: For those of you who are listening, who aren't on from nine to midnight tonight, come on down Memorial Hall. We're doing a screening of ELF. It starts at seven o'clock, but there's a lot of activities beforehand, along with snacks and drinks. Again, there's a free ornament decorating station, we've got a merch area, and we've got a silent auction. You can get some Christmas shopping done right now. So Memorial Hall, right across the street from Wah Park in.
Speaker 1: Over the Running, great place to be tonight, for sure. And it's ELF. I mean I've seen that twice already. This scene it does, it's a tremendous thing. Jack Krumley, thank you for doing what you do and giving us some time. Hopefully see a whole bunch of people down there, a lot of kids having a good time soaking up this season and having fun with an oversized elf and the late great Bob Newhart as well. Thank you, Jack Crumley, take care of that. Absolutely. We'll catch up with you sooner than later. All right, Uh, let's stop now, we're gonna be on time. Oh good for the first time. All day is Sterling and Donna d on seven hundred WLW on the iHeartRadio Apphere you can just click on the microphone and leave a message, or pick up the phone and give it the finger. Five point three seven four nine, seven thousand, eight hundred the Big One, Sterling and Donna de hanging out, Drew Wester, Heidi keeping us in line and are online and into on time and Matt Reeswood News in about four minutes. Uh, Donna, you're on again later tonight. You're like doing both. You're out of control. I know I am.
Speaker 2: I am going to be doing my relationship radio show nine to midnight tonight. I have a psychic medium. Oh she's great. Her name is Vicky Fairchild. So she's actually going to be doing some readings.
Speaker 1: You people are doomed. Oh you're going to be together forever.
Speaker 2: Well, she's going to talk about the collective energy as humans. That's going on and into twenty twenty six and.
Speaker 1: You had to look at your phone to decide what year was next. No, you did, my phone came out.
Speaker 2: Because we're going to be talking about one of the issues that because I love to talk about relationships, I think it's the number one thing people need to pay attention to, is the relationships in their life and the relationship within themselves. So we'll have specific questions you can answer. You can ask one specific question if you're having trouble figuring something out, what direction you want to go in, whether it's your love life, or your job, or your where you live, or anything like that, you can call in tonight and we're going to take some calls. You're going to be back in the eleven o'clock hour though, because we're going to talk about tipping again. James really struck a nerve with this with the uh, you know, the strip club call, and we're going to go into that.
Speaker 1: In the eleven.
Speaker 2: We had so many calls we couldn't take it. So in the eleven o'clock hour you're going to come back and we're going to go a little bit deeper into it. But one thing I wanted to talk about was there's a new study about women that need one thing from their husband's one thing money more money. No, it's not more money, one thing they need to make them happy. Touch and squeezing sort of. Yeah, it's it's it's more money. Well, it doesn't hurt.
Speaker 1: Some of us have had to deal with that. No, the word is adore.
Speaker 2: If you're a guy that adores his wife, she will be super happy. And I looked up the meaning like the definition of a door, and it means to love deeply, cherish, or feel great admiration.
Speaker 1: You know, you can see those couples right.
Speaker 2: That that when the woman, the wife talks and the husband looks at her, there's a respect, there's a love there and and and if and if a man can show that to his woman, she's she'll do anything.
Speaker 1: So in other words, not the stareover where you're like really what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Or talk over or just not listen and watch, you know, be on your phone.
Speaker 1: Was sorry exactly, that's not good, right, No, that is not good. That's a bad place to be. But people do get to the point where you know, the breathing or the twenty fifth time you've heard the same story and you're like, have you had a blunt head trauma? Or are you dealing with some type of Dementia's like, no, get new stories.
Speaker 10: I mean these are serious.
Speaker 1: I've heard it before ten times already. I adore you.
Speaker 2: But you know that's where communication comes in. And say, sweetheart, you that story a thousand times. If you want me to listen, I do adore you. If you want me to listen, let's come up, Come.
Speaker 1: Up, effort. Yeah, find something. There's always something there that's sure. When we come back after your five o'clock report, by the way, that's later on tonight, nine to midnight. Yes, you'll be doing it, and then I'll join after eleven, and I'll try to not be to uh lubricate at that point because you know, it's been a long week. Laura Gabayan, I hope I pronounce her name correct incorrectly, all right, I hope I said it correctly, not incorrectly. I'm fine. Uh, she's a doctor, researcher, she's got she's a best selling author. But there's this odd situation where apparently a third of whatever gen Z people are. I hate breaking people down into little categories, but I'm gen X and there's some millennials and there's all the other. Apparently about a third of gen Z workers have admitted to yelling at their employer or their bosses, which seems odd to me because usually it's the boss that might yell at the employee. However poorly, you know, design that communicate might be. That's usually the way it goes to. People giving you the money tend to use that over you for you, not the other way around. So we'll talk to her about how that's changing, and a whole lot of other odds.
Speaker 2: I do want to talk to her about that, because it doesn't go well in either situation. I can't imagine anybody yelling at somebody.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't generally respond well. The news straightaway, Matt Reeves has it more Sterling and Donna Dye coming back home of the best Bengals coverage they'll be getting on in Buffalo one o'clock tomorrow, seven hundred WLW. Gather this fine Saturday afternoon, Sterling and don A d hanging out. Believe it or not, as much fun as we're having, and we appreciate you being along for the ride with us. This is actually work. It's a four letter word. But we're we have entirely too much fun doing it, And some people apparently don't have that much fun doing the work that they do. And this is odd. Some studies have come out saying that and this is this is odd. A survey of twelve hundred full time gen Z workers by professional resume Template Theme Resume templates dot com said that thirty two percent just shy of one of three of these people said that they have yelled at their boss. Half say they regularly talk negative about their manager to co workers, if not directly to the actual boss. And I am taken back by the I mean usually if usually the person giving you the money, that's what the money's for, for them to tell you, arguably what they do, hopefully in a nice way. Right, Yes, So I mean that's that's an odd scenario. So I I had a hard time making sense of this. I mentioned to you, Donna, you were like, that doesn't seem quite right to me. So I dig deep into our treasure trove of experts and people with a greater insight than ourselves in a whole lot of ways, and kind enough to give us some time. The woman behind Common Wisdom, which best selling book. She's a doctor, she's a researcher. Doctor Laura Gabayan, Welcome to seven hundred w welw you're we Stirling and Donnade. How are you and how your regular Is it for people to be yelling at their bosses, let alone younger people that are probably new to the game of work in the first place.
Speaker 13: Thank you for having me and I agree. I think yelling is not appropriate at all, and it's also a sign that you know, first of all, remember we're all different than gen Z because gen Z is the first generation to only have to be completely involved with social media iPhone from birth on, and no.
Speaker 1: One else has that.
Speaker 13: So they've had they really have not had that personal interaction everyone else has. So the way we have to see it is the world is different, We're all a different world, and we have to out of the passion and we have that respect. And I think I think you have to treat your head on and you have to be able to tell them, whoever it is, if you're a boss, a very coworker, whoever it is, you have to tell them, you know what, what you're doing is not appropriate. It's not what happened online. It's a personal relationship that you have not learned and just approach it with that. And I think by by incorporating the fact that you have more in common than you don't, than you will be able to overcome this.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I think it's a good point that you said, this is the gen z ors are really the only only generation that grew up pretty much with the iPhone, social media, and there's there's somewhat of a lack of connection, lack of communication, lack of perhaps respect that needs needs to be given to your boss. I mean, it absolutely requires you to say, all right, I'm going to look at it this way. But there's also people that are not working in the office too. I'm wondering if that you're not face to face, you don't get to see, you know, the character of people anymore. You're on zoom calls all the time, and everything seems a little impersonal.
Speaker 13: I agree, And this is so I wrote my book Interviewing People fifty to seventy a seventy and I think it was really because we're seeing such a change. And I feel like as you grow older, you have more relationships and you have more experiences and you learn. And that's why I defined wisdom because I noticed that individuals who are younger and the internet does not really allow you to develop those relationships.
Speaker 1: Kind of an odd scenario talking to a doctor. Laura Gobaian was staring and done adee on the big one. So do you think that the in person, I should say, the less than personal relation to social media platforms and everything in many of these cases in distant learning or whatever else. And maybe that isolation in a remote setting has allowed people to sort of have that troll mentality where they're used to being able to bark, yell and say who knows what to anyone that they want at any time, that even though somebody's paying you to do a job, that they figured there's no I mean, I wonder if they're yelling at their parents the same way or other authority figures aside from their employer.
Speaker 13: It may be, but at the end of the day, it's the humans and they're not acting appropriately.
Speaker 1: So I think I think.
Speaker 13: You have the first look at it as what do we have in common and have a passion for people who may not have had.
Speaker 9: The experience you do.
Speaker 13: And and let's say you have someone working in their office said, does this the media, the thing you do when you talk to them is is having a passion and re set and tell them this is not how you behave Yeah, this is not okay.
Speaker 1: I think that makes sense. How can people find out more? Is it just your website Lauragobayan dot com or they can and I'll put it out there on x as well, so people can reach out to you and see exactly what else you do.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and now on Amazon. That's all I wrote conruism. I interviewed sixty people that again more older, because I've seen this disconnect between the older population the younger population, and and and we have to we have to have a passion. Gotcha remember that?
Speaker 1: Well, I appreciate and we certainly have that for everyone, or at least we try to. Well, we appreciate you making time. We hope you have a great holidays. While absolutely you take care of yourself, doctor Lauragabay and it's lauragabayon dot com. Stirling and Donnadale on the nerve of some people to your body.
Speaker 2: I mean usually it is the other way around. But I do think she's a point. Social media can have some effect, numbing effects. It's a numbing effect exactly being on your phone.
Speaker 1: There's a study. There's just a brand new study.
Speaker 2: That's come out that I think it was thirty five hundred people that they said, stop scrolling. Like, you can be on your phone, you can text, you can email, you can watch movies and YouTube videos and stuff. Just get off social media. And the results were astonishing for six weeks.
Speaker 1: You know, and that takes me astonishingly. I mentioned this last night and I had some good conversation for a bit. But I think this relates to in some fashion of this too in Australia down Under, our neighbors going into summer, whereas we're now getting into the cold, snowy season and the frozen tundra of the tri State. You look at this, and they've talked about it in Ohio and across the United States, being in a situation where young people minor children for instance, under sixteen or under eighteen, whatever it is, where you might not allow them either without a parent's okay, or just in general, have access to multitudes of social media platforms or limited even with gaming platforms, to be able to be out there. I don't know how you enforce this or otherwise, but what Australia is doing is starting on the tenth of December, just the beginning of the week. Sixteen and under or under sixteen aren't supposed to be on any many of these gaming platforms and social media platforms from Facebook to Twitch, to x to I mean, you name it, to apparently avoid some of the vulnerability that they have either patrols, predators or maybe that weird way of developing or failing to develop and how to communicate normally. No, and listen.
Speaker 2: The study was done by Stanford and thirty five thousand people were paid to get off me social media for six weeks. Listen to the stats, and this happiness went up, stress went down, improved health so much as if you were seeing therapists. The participants, you know, like I said, they still use their their their their phone for many things. The problem wasn't screen time, it was scroll time, right, and so scrolling many times. Yeah, and so they they stopped scrolling. They came alive, They started thinking again, dreaming again, feeling again. And I think, you know, I as people start these experiments of like let's get off social media.
Speaker 1: For a little bit, like a sober November.
Speaker 2: Exactly exactly, taking mental breaks at least at the very minimum of putting your phone away for at least twenty five thirty minutes and taking those those breaks from social media.
Speaker 1: That's really important. I have done the unplugged thing in that fashion and then so long off off a couple of the platforms that I couldn't remember how to get back in. Then I couldn't prove that I was actually me, so then they wouldn't let me back in. Yeah, I'm like, well, I guess that's all right. I could create a new account or whatever else. But how much did they pay them? By the way, it does not say I know you wanted to know that, But because I'm curious, I think a lot of people. And let's open up the phones with this five point three seven four nine seven eight hundred, the big one. If you're on the iHeartRadio, I click on that microphone, you can leave us a message there. It's at Sterling Radio one x and Sterling Dot donad Dot twenty twenty three on Instagram. So we're on some of those platforms and are giving you a chance to do that. Yeah, get on there. Tell us about getting off social making on. Do you think you could keep your kids off of these platforms. I mean, could you control them in some fashion? I mean, at this point, kids almost seem like they come out of the womb with a phone in their hand or some other type of device already engaged. Let alone the idea of AI and all the different things in this holiday gifts season. But I know a lot of adults. Shoot, I don't know that there's enough money to keep some people off of some of these platforms.
Speaker 2: You know, it is also promotion. People make a ton of money. I mean the influencer. You heard the story of the Australian influencer who raised one point seven million dollars for the eighty eight year old grocery store worker because he couldn't get his pension from ge raised one point seven million. There are some good things that happen on social media, but if you're just it's the doom scrolling is what is the real issue here? It is it's a dopamine hit. If you don't like something, there's there's there's zero boredom that takes place.
Speaker 1: And when kids don't have time to be.
Speaker 2: Bored they they because boredom is the birthplace for creativity and focus. And if these kids don't have any boredom, then their vote. They lack a ton of focus and they lack creativity.
Speaker 1: They're not thinking, they don't.
Speaker 2: Think, they don't dream, they don't they don't feel. It is just NonStop dopamine. It's a wild thing. Five point three seven four nine seven eight hundred The Big One. Let's get Ed and Cole ring then Brian, your chance to get interactive on a Saturday afternoon, Stirling and Donnade.
Speaker 1: On the Big One, Ed, how are you? Have you yelled at your boss? Been yelled at? Or the social media unplugged? How are you.
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 7: I can't answer them both in the order you asked me. Yes, I yelled at my boss. But I'm in the union, and it's hard to yell at the boss when he is when he's he's the one that doesn't know how to do what you're doing, so he's trying to help.
Speaker 3: You how to do it.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, Now, is it safer for you to yell at your boss because you're in the union.
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely, they can't just fire you.
Speaker 1: That's where I thought he was going.
Speaker 3: For sure, that's true.
Speaker 7: But then the other thing, I have two kids, and the other thing about keeping those people off social media and stuff like that. Man, my daughter's r on it.
Speaker 11: When they were young.
Speaker 7: They lied about their age. Me and me and the mom didn't know what the hell was going on with there to get Facebook pages, and you can't. There's no way they would be able to ever stop that unless they got rid of all those tablets, computers and clothes.
Speaker 1: How I'm sorry to interrupted. I'm just curious because you mentioned it. I can't imagine. I mean, my mom, I mean I I was in Donna makes fun of me because a free range kid, I had adventures. I was taking the bus downtown, hanging out with friends, going fishing in the river, you know, and then taking the bus back home. Whatever. Uh is a parent now dealing with what you just described? How how hard is that?
Speaker 7: It's almost impossible. I had the same childhood as you did, But I didn't go downtown. Been a place where we disappeared in the wood. Yeah, we were gone. We were gone till it was dark, and then we got yelled to come home.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was the same thing.
Speaker 7: But but kids nowadays, you can't. They set up one thing and show you, but then they set up another thing that you don't know about.
Speaker 12: By all means my kids aren't.
Speaker 7: But it is absolutely hard because you almost have to beat a a computer analyst or whatever to keep track of them.
Speaker 8: And I'm not.
Speaker 1: My mother still asks me how to do her device.
Speaker 12: Is that?
Speaker 1: I imagine that's just a fairly typical thing generationally, from the blinking twelve on the VCR to whatever else I do.
Speaker 7: I have to ask you if your mother does the same thing my kids do. My kids grab my phone, taking out my hands, do a bunch of crap on a real quick and that an affect to me. That's great, but I don't know how to do it.
Speaker 12: But again she didn't show me.
Speaker 1: And since you don't know how to do that, you know very well that they can have different aliases or whatever else.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, yeah, that's hard. Believe me, Believe you me.
Speaker 3: It's hard.
Speaker 7: What's gonna be like a watchount it's crazy.
Speaker 1: You take care of yourself, Appreciate you listening, being part of the show. I can't imagine that circumstance.
Speaker 2: No, I I was, I was saying Jennifer Garner, who has been afflex x wyfe.
Speaker 1: They have three kids together.
Speaker 2: She said, show me the scientific proof that shows that social media is good for you and I will let you have a social media account. And because she said everything she's read it's terrible for kids, it's it's horrible, and and they couldn't show her one piece of and.
Speaker 1: Nothing to prove. That's tough. Let's get one more here before the break Tony, here was Stirling and Donnade on the big one social media, the detox yelling at your employer, how crazy times we're living in? No right on? Okay, what you got?
Speaker 8: Well, I'm gonna go, just yelled constantly.
Speaker 4: I guess he couldn't calling.
Speaker 12: Okay, I guess he couldn't talk at home, and he took it out on all the employs.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that's a tough one, Tony. We appreciate the call. It time for a breakthrough, saying stop, we're stopping, we'll come back. There's more to do. Five thirty report straight away more Sterling and Donna D seven hundred double ULW five going on right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody's like getting their last minute decorations and putting them up and Christmas shopping and dinners.
Speaker 1: And sometimes the decoration stuff goes sideways. I mean it does. And my dog, he we walk a lot. Yeah, I've talked about the crazy dog for a long time now, and he I have to watch him depending on how my neighbors and anywhere else we happen to go to walk have put up all their inflatables and all the big yard displayed because some people go full all oh yeah, And I got a guy a couple of blocks away who's had his up. I'm telling you he may have been out before Thanksgiving with his stuff. But another guy today, I was out with the dog and he had his dog loose. It's a pit and people panic. They're like, oh, you've got like a little dog and they're fine their buddies. Yeah, So he comes running to see my dog. The guy's in the yard doing up the finishing of his lights. He had done the lights on the front of the house and around. They've got stuff around their trees. But he has one of these inflatables, like a big like a I guess there's this like a snowman. Yeah, And he was trying to get it tethered down with steaks and like the blower to keep it inflating. His dog finished playing with my dog and was troubled by the sound of the inflatable thing and went and attacked the brand new snowman and the guy is freaking out. And the way he was freaking out is how someone would freak out if like the dog had gone after another dog. But it was his big inflatable Sannah or whatever. He was like a snow thing, and he pulls the steaks out of the ground. He's pulling it through the yard. I don't think there's any coming back for the big snowman inflatable. And we just walked on because I mean, it was what am I gonna do things?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: I don't want to get between the dog in the inflatable because that could go bad. And it's his dog anyway, and you've got your dog RC and he's crazy, so who knows where this might go? So I'm thinking in our Willy number of years ago, and it turned into a nice ad campaign and a commercial, Willie got stuck, you know, legendarily on his roof. I don't know if it was holiday lights or checking the gutters, whatever it was. So I'm just thinking, we don't have a whole lot of time here before a wo day today talking to Bengals and Bills and so forth. Coming up? Where have you had issues? One have you had your lights up? Are you doing it? You get in your tree? But where has the decorating endeavor gone wrong? Where something has happened. I've seen friends who've had their stuff blow away in big wind and storms. Have you had any problems?
Speaker 2: I don't decorate because I don't you know, I don't like the I don't do the inflatables. I don't you know. I'm not creative like that. And I don't have an outside electrical outlet.
Speaker 1: I love lights. I love lights, but I'd.
Speaker 2: Have to run extension cords and leave windows open.
Speaker 1: At night on two that that's tough. I'm curious to see if he's like has duct tape or some type of like flex seal to like put on this thing, or if it's he just is done with it. Overall. It's a kind of another deal. I do minimal decorations. There was a Christmas tree at the house when I was a tiny stirling about six maybe five. Yeah, my mother was helping or I was helping her decorate, and then she was doing like the star on top years ago, and she passed out. Oh gosh right, she had like flu or whatever, and then toppled down. It was like the tree attacked her and I was just like a little kid, so like and the dog we had at the time went crazy and bulbs were breaking all over in the front room on the arm was floor. And then and I'm thinking, oh my god, my mom's gone, I mean, you know, yeah, in a bad way, like forever gone. And then she finally comes to and I'm trying to figure out, like, you know, do I call nine to one one? What exactly I do? And that's when we switched to the smaller, much more uh, you know, a non volatilenic bush because we like all the holiday in my mixed family, of course, so that's probably the biggest you know, off the rails team, the.
Speaker 2: Little one of the lights, the candelabras and all that in the window.
Speaker 1: Do you do all that? Yeah, yeah, my mom used to do that. A little of that, Yeah you like them and noora, you know some people do that, right, And so fourth thing goes along with it. But I just see people, I tell you what I don't like and I shouldn't do this, and more power to you if you have it. I'm almost laryous saying this because people get very upset, you know. The h it's like a not laser lights, but the things that sort of move, oh yeah, in the snow. And for some reason that just drives me insane. I don't love it either. I don't I don't know if it hurts my eyes or if there's something about it that seems disoriented. And I see them everywhere. I don't like them.
Speaker 2: I don't love them because there it likes a it's a projection. And I love twinkly white lights. I mean that's my favorite. So but I mean everybody does it differently, and people like new things, and that was new. How many years ago did that start? Like just a couple of years ago?
Speaker 1: Yeah, ago, I think as well. Yeah, now it's like it's a pretty big deal now. It certainly is. Five point three seven four nine seven, eight hundred. The big ones is Saturday, Stirling and Dunnity. Have you had a light problem? A decoration issue? Uh is some people pay people. There's that's a whole cottage industry of people who will show up. They'll put up your tree. Oh yeah, they'll deck out the halls, as they say, uh, and they'll do the outside, which saves someone getting stuck like our Willie did or but I don't know about the inflatable dog attack. That's a whole nother sh and my dog would like to do it, but I don't think he would cause the same type of damage going along with that. So it's it's kind of tough. But do you decorate the inside?
Speaker 2: I do decorate the inside. I have like little trees. I don't I put a tree, a five foot tree in my house. My house has smaller rooms. It's an old house. It's cool, yeah, And so I don't really have room for a Christmas tree, which I can't.
Speaker 1: I love Christmas trees.
Speaker 2: I love live trees, but I just don't even have the space for it. So I have like little already lit trees in my house. I put that up before Thanksgiving. And the lights, the little fairy lights everywhere the game, I mean. And I have a beautiful wreath that lights up, so you know, I I absolutely love this time of year. So I decorate it. But it's kind of minimal because my house is pretty small. You keep it nice though, it's cool, thank you. It's it's just it's me. Yeah, it's festive, it's holl me and it's and it's all as long as you and your family, love what you're doing with decorations.
Speaker 1: It really doesn't matter, but it happy.
Speaker 2: Even if you don't want to put decorations up, or you're late this year too, that's also okay, whatever actually works for you. But this is the weekend where everyone's like, all right, we're late, it's time to get our tree.
Speaker 1: It seems like it just has come fast and furious, all of a sudden in that kind of time, I guess. But I guess that's maybe always the way it plays out generally, right, I mean, from Thanksgiving to that, But it just seems like there's a shorter window of time to be prepared to be in that situation.
Speaker 2: I have two Christmas parties this year. This week we had our Christmas party.
Speaker 1: I mean on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Wednesday, that's right here at iHeart, and then I have one at Harper where I teach yoga, So that's going to be tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's a season to give and receive, have a good time, and enjoy your friends and your family and do those things that go along with that, you know, speaking of the trees, and a lot of people doing that, I kid you not. I bet driving in I saw five six trees on top of cars, so they were finding a home. You got to keep them hydrated, you know, from the dry out. That's never a good thing. And I'm still there, family tree. I find it really difficult to leave this. And I had someone who was so way old, like decrepit aged, like, you know, close to one hundred years ago when I was a kid telling me, and I didn't and I still don't necessarily buy it. But the Internet says it's true, so it must be. They said when they were telling me this, that people put real candles on Christmas trees in the day, yes, which seems to me to be an immediate call to the fire department, Like, I mean, how busy must they have been going to burnt down houses and people having horrible things happen. Yeah, that's what they used to do.
Speaker 2: And I think somebody just did that and lit the tree on fire. I mean, it does happen and back and then we didn't before electricity.
Speaker 1: What did we do?
Speaker 2: We use those little things, those little candle holders exactly, and so they lit up the tree that way.
Speaker 1: But I mean, luckily we.
Speaker 2: Have advanced in many things, and illumination is one of them.
Speaker 1: That's true. Just got a message here. Alex in Westchester says, do you tip? Going called back to earlier in the tipping conversation, do you tip the tree person?
Speaker 2: I think at this point you tip everybody. Just assumed to tip everybody.
Speaker 1: When I worked at the grocery bar and as a fifteen and sixteen year old and a part of my gig was getting carts and working in produce and you know, clean up on Aisle six, you know that type of scenario. I would also they had like a I don't know who came in and did it, but they had trees in the lot seasonally, and they'd be like, any you want to go out there and do that, you make some extra money. I'm like extra money? How oh tips? Which never occurred to me. Yeah, And I felt awkward and uncomfortable because people were trying to, like, you know, hand me a couple of bucks for you know, helping them tie down the tree to the top of the vehicle.
Speaker 2: Well, that does take work. I would tip absolutely, I would.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Is it awkward to ever? I mean, you've worked in a service industry situation. I worked in the automotive business for a bit too, and have friends who do that. Now and around the holiday time. I can vividly remember two different times people were like trying to slide. I sold them a car, and then they wanted to give me money because it was a good experience. Oh I've never tipped a car guy. Yeah, see exactly. And uh and I I remember asking my boss, I go, dude, what do you do? Said take that money. I'm like what, he goes, take that money. Never say no money. And I'm like, I felt dirty, just like, this is not a tipping job. I already got paid. I sold them the car. Everything's good. Take that money or I'll take the money, or maybe you need to find another job. I mean that that's an odd thing because I never would have.
Speaker 2: You know, where you do tip and and and and like in La when I used to live there, it was a big deal. I mean, if you ever got your car washed, and oh my gosh, I mean just even like a little car wash, you go in, you see them cleaning it, they pull out, you get out.
Speaker 1: They you have to tip them or things get things.
Speaker 2: Go miserd Yeah, I mean no, you like I remember I said, I I only have five dollars in the The thing was I had a four Runner. So it was a pretty big car, and you know, it was like a forty dollars detail thing and only have five dollars.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry they were mad. Well what waits? What's reasonable?
Speaker 9: Then?
Speaker 2: Ten bucks usually even for that? Yeah, yeah, especially those guys work hard at the car dealership. Well, I mean at the car detail anywhere exactly, but like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, so where do you draw the line? Who doesn't do you tip your doctor? I do not tip my doctor. Now do you tip the person who bags your groceries? If they do? I always bag my grocery. I always helped that. I always still like the self check out, Man, I want to get in and out. Yeah, the problem is I have double wrung stuff up and then you get home and I did not get two of those, and then who the hell's going to believe you when you're trying to come back. It's a odd scenario. See, my thing at this point is not trained on those. No, there's no schooling on that. So I'm trying to process these. So if everyone's expecting a tip, as you say, and what seemingly was a lot of what the responses were earlier, then who doesn't expect one?
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't say everybody expected a tip. I just said maybe at this point, just assume that you're going to tip. And if you don't have to, I mean, you know, I do think it's a little out of control assal workers too.
Speaker 1: I've been told to expect it.
Speaker 2: I've always gift card like the Christmas Christmas thing. Absolutely I do that. It's confusing, it is, and I mean.
Speaker 1: I need help in every way. I need guidance is really what I need.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 1: No, we're done here. Who day to day is coming up? And uh, I think it's a chick who's coming in and next if I'm not mistaken, and then you're back at nine. Yes, I'm back at nine.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 2: It's Uh, it's a fun day. I'm been running crazy on on air. Hopefully people don't get sick of me. But I will have Vicky Fairchild, who's a psychic medium on the show tonight. We're going to talk about what's happening in the energy of this country, and what's going on even in the planet, and what gonna happen in twenty twenty six, and then we're gonna take She's going to do some readings for our listeners if they have a specific question that they've had a hard time.
Speaker 1: It's just really answering. We're going to ask for one.
Speaker 2: Specific question if you if you've had a hard time figuring some things out in your life and you need an answer to a question, she is gonna have an answer for you.
Speaker 1: Guidance.
Speaker 2: I know we all do. I'm gonna believe me. I'm going to talk to her to do they a little bit. Oh, they're so great.
Speaker 1: I don't even know my business. How do they know?
Speaker 2: Min because they can read there. They're claravoyant. She's Clara everything. She's She's got some skills and I can't wait to do it tonight.
Speaker 1: I look forward to it.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be on with me at eleven in the eleven o'clock hour and a half some time.
Speaker 1: I will keep it together until we SPoD later on the night. Donna follows Chick Ludwig even though she's been here. Now Chick is next. After they talk some who day Bengals speak and they're getting on with the bills tomorrow. Here on seven hundred WLW