Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball. One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball. Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses, the only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can. They print money. The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 2: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now you're inside man with the La Dodgers. It's David Basse.
Speaker 3: We are live at cars Field, Morongo Casino, Dodgers on deck before Game three of this four game series between the Dodgers and Rockies. The Dodgers with baseball's best record fifteen and five. They won the first game of the series. They took the loss last night in Denver, first time the Dodgers have lost to a National League team. Today, it'll be Roki Sasaki on the mound against my Lorenzen coming up over the next sixty minutes here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on dekill. Here from Ryan Ward, who was making his major league debut and getting the start at first base. I'll go one on one with Kyle Hurt as well, who made his major league debut last week at Dodgers Stadium. But let's go back to last night here in Denver. The Dodgers with some early offense, but then nothing late. Emmit Sheen got the start. The right hander worked around traffic on the basis for the better part of five innings. He would end up allowing just two runs on four hits while walking to and striking out four. The Dodger offense gave Sheehn the early lead at course Field. After Shoho Tani led off the game because of a poor play between the first baseman and pitcher that allowed Otani to reach on an error. The next batter was Kyle Tucker, and he jumped all over a first pitch fastball.
Speaker 4: We're giving up one hit in his first three starts to a lefty. I just hoping to change that tonight. Middle infield playing for two. Pitch to Tucker is hammered deep to right field, way back, it goes. It is gone into the upper deck. Two pitches from Feldner in the game. It is two nothing Dodgers. Third home run of the year for Tucker, and it was a blast.
Speaker 3: No doubter or here at Coursfield, a second deck home run by Kyle Tucker his third of the season. The Dodgers had an early two nothing lead against Ryan Feldner. You felt like Moore was coming, and one more did come in the form of a home run from Dalton Rushing in the second inning.
Speaker 4: One one delivery, Hey swingson, hits a high fly ball to right, carrying it's back toward the wall.
Speaker 2: It is going to be gone off the top of the wall.
Speaker 4: Dalton Rushing with his fifth home run of the season and it's three to one.
Speaker 5: Was talking about the breaking bawl and how he has been able to handle it.
Speaker 2: What was the pitch? It was a breaking ball.
Speaker 3: Oh, a little foreshadowing by Rick Monday last night. That was Dalton Rushing's fifth home run in his first eighteen at bats. The Dodgers had a three to one lead and in the sixth inning, Will Klein was on in relief, and there was a lot of talk after the game last night that Kleine may have been tipping his slider. I actually talked to Klin earlier this morning in the clubhouse. He said, yeah, I was, but the bigger issue was that I wasn't executing my slider. And Troy Johnston took advantage a two run, go ahead double for Johnston, and the Rockies had the lead after six innings, four to three. The Dodger offense had many opportunities. They left eight men on base and were zero for seven with runners in scoring position, including in the ninth inning when Kyle Tucker flew out to end the game with runners at first and second in the form of Tommy at first Will Smith at second base. So with the loss, the Dodgers are fifteen and five. Today they look to bounce back with Rokie on the mound, first pitch is coming up at twelve ten. Let's check in for the first time today from our galloping fod broadcast booth with Tim Nevert and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys, David, thank you very much. Gorgeous day here at Corsfield in Denver. Got some great weather to play baseball in the Sunday afternoon. Had a major league debut as well as Ryan Ward, after more than four hundred games in the minor leagues, gets his major league opportunity today. Freddie Freeman going on the paternity list expecting the birth of a new baby, and it'll be Ryan Ward's starting at first base. He was the Pacific Coast League Player of the Year last year, and he was a great hitter last year. Good hitter so far this year, hitting three twenty four with four home runs and fourteen runs batted in in TRIPAA. So exciting day for Ryan Ward as the Dodgers give him his first major league opportunit.
Speaker 5: I tell you what, Tim, Hopefully this is just a curtain up on what could be just a wonderful story because, as you mentioned, with Ward last year, PCL Player of the Year hit two ninety thirty six home runs one hundred and twenty two runs a batted in. What did get overlooked is the fact that he also stole sixteen bases. Off to a good start three twenty four average so far this season eighteen games at TRIPLEA. The big question with Ryan Ward is a position. Well, he's going to be at first base today. He could be in the outfield at some point in time, but his offense is what got him here to the big leagues.
Speaker 4: Interesting to note, Dalton Rushing was going to start at first base today. He and Ward are very close friends. Dave Roberts had already told Rushing he was going to start today last night after the game. Dave went to Rushing and said, look, I think I want to change my mind. I think I want Ward to start. And he said, Dave said today that Rushing finish his sentence, and he said he should start because he's earned it. So Dalton Rushing stepped aside today so that Ward could make his first major League stock.
Speaker 5: I think that's the flavor of this team. If there's a lot of reasons that this team's in first place. Obviously they're talented, but I think also it's for the good of the cause and the big picture and not just the individual picture. And that's you don't find every player or every team that is filled with players like that. But the Rushing is not the only one in this ball club.
Speaker 2: It was a.
Speaker 4: Character moved by Dalton Rushing, who is working at first base today also, and we will probably see him at first at some point in time while Freddie Freeman is out Rushing hitting another home run last night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's one of those things. Watching both Rushing and with Ward working at first base today, they are both and I'm going to say this and say it very honestly, quote me, they're both a work in progress at first base. The footwork, what they're going to be doing where they're going to be on cutoffs, how about the relays, how about rundowns. It's going to be a quick school. And they were both out here early this morning and trying to work and kind of get it a bit of a flavor at first.
Speaker 4: As far as the lineup goes, Will Smith back in, he is hitting third, doing the catching, Max Monthsey will hit clean up and Andy pie has moves into the five spot with Alex call giving Taioscar Hernandez a break, and the way that Taioskar swung the bat yesterday, probably a good time to get him out.
Speaker 5: I think also if you look at who's going to be facing, because Michael Lorenzen, who will start for the Rockies, throws about everything but the kitchen sink, and if he could get a grip on the kitchen sink, he would throw that too. I mean he throws a lot of breaking stuff. And this is also one of those things is you know, you get a little long in tooth and what the birth certificate says, a day game after night game at high altitude, when you're not maybe seeing the ball particularly, well, it's a good start to this. Hey, look, take a rest.
Speaker 2: At least at the beginning. Battle of right handers.
Speaker 4: Roki Sasaki oh win two against Michael Lorenzen, who is one and two. Ryan Ward making his long anticipated major league debut this afternoon.
Speaker 3: Hey Tim Neverett, I haven't seen him this excited in at least three years. Uh, Ryan Ward his guy making the start at first base. You heard the pep in his voice right there as we count down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor or to your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's now at Shakey's dot Com. When we continue from Corsfield, we'll get to the Otani rewind and Kirsten Watson will check in. I'm David Basse and this is the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: David Basse live at Corus Field, getting set for Game three of this four game series between the Dodgers and Rockies. Roki Sasaki against cal State Fullerton's own Michael Lorenzen. First pitch coming up at twelve ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani three.
Speaker 4: Why Connick looking in listening. He's got the sign and the pitch swung on base head right, Fayo Esperinaal will hold at second base, and now the tying run is in scoring position and Otani gets a base hit. He's got an eighteen game hitting streak at Corsfield.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Otani loves hitting here. Who doesn't.
Speaker 3: He's hitting three seventy nine in thirty nine games here at Corsfield. And with that two out base hit in the ninth inning, O'tani extended his on base streak to fifty games, tying we Willie Keeler for the third longest on base streak in Dodger franchise history. He trails only Duke Snyder, who had fifty eight consecutive games of reaching base, and Sean Green fifty three consecutive games of reaching on base. So Otani in rarefied again with two Dodger legends.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: All right, we're in the dugout with Kirsten Watson.
Speaker 3: Kirsten brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today and your car can be picked up tomorrow. Donate now at Carsfourkids dot org. That's cars with a K. Happy Sunday, Kirston.
Speaker 6: Happy Sunday, Vessa. It's a beautiful day. Finally we got We went from snow to a mild was a mouth. It was very cold yesterday but not snowy. And today we've got sons. Still a little chili, but we're getting better each day.
Speaker 3: Look, I was impressed by Jack Dryer coming out to pitch the final two innings in the first game at thirty five degrees. But you're trying to one up Jack Dryer today with no sleeves today.
Speaker 6: Okay, so I said, suns out, guns out. But I'm gonna be honest, I'm cold. I am not prepared for the suns out, guns out right. I currently have a blanket on, to be honest, so you know, you guys can't see me, but I'm currently wrapped up in a blanket. Where is like Jack or even someone like Tanner, Like they just came out here snowing, no sleeves on. There were like this is nothing, this is nothing. I said, Okay, cool, guys, I'm in three different layers. But it's fine.
Speaker 3: Kuston we had a chance to catch up with Ryan Ward, who's not only making his major league debut today, but he's starting at first base. What's the sense you got from him how excited he is for today.
Speaker 6: It seems like he's just over the moon. He's obviously putting a lot of hard work to get to this position if you look at just the awards PCL MVP last year. And so for him, I mean, it did feel like this time was going to be coming soon, and he said with making the forty man roster this offseason, it felt like it could be sooner rather than later. So for Ryan, he's got a whole bunch of family here, he said, about twenty people we actually got. I'm going to go try to find his dad at some point, see we could talk to him and see how his family's reacting to the news, since he did say that his parents and his fiance were absolutely in tears once he found out. But you know what, to have this day, it's special for anyone who's truly a dream come true. So for Ryan, I think right now it does seem like, as you said earlier, doesn't seem too nervous, but it does feel like maybe some butterflies will kick in at some point.
Speaker 3: You did this when James Outman was called up, you went to the stands to talk to his dad. Do you feel like the families are more excited than the player for days like this.
Speaker 6: You know what? I yes, and no, I think there's you have the player excitement just because of all of the hard work they've put in to get to this position. From the family, though, you see even more of that hard work. I mean, obviously his parents were the ones who were when he was young, taking him to te ball and taking him to practice, travel league, all of those things. They see the sacrifices that not only that as a family they had to make, but I'm sure that he had to make when it came to like being in high school and maybe wanting to go hang out with friends, but instead committing to his craft of playing baseball. And so I do think for the parents, you're seeing your child live out their dream. And I don't know some I don't have children. I hope to you one day, but I can't imagine anything more beautiful than that. And so I would say I think it's emotional for all parties, but there's something really special. Well, I think when you get to see your children just doing everything, especially at their wildest of dreams, like becoming a major league baseball player.
Speaker 3: All right, Kirsten, good luck hunting Ryan Ward's family at chorus Field.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot for stopping by. And this was fun.
Speaker 6: This was absolutely fun.
Speaker 2: Stay warm, you stay warm.
Speaker 3: No sleeves for Kirsten Watson today, still to come here On Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll preview today's pitching matchup. I'll go one on one with Kyle Hurt, who made his major league debut last week, and we'll get you the latest Dodger injury report. First pitch is coming up at twelve ten from chorus Field. I'm David Vasse and this is the back to back World Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 3: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues live from Corus Field, leading you up to first pitch. Dodgers and Rockies. Marongo Casino Resortants BA a Grand Slam for good times. Roki Sasaki's on the mound against Michael Lorenzen. First pitch coming up at twelve ten.
Speaker 1: This he's the LA Dodgers injury report.
Speaker 3: We got good news when it comes to a right handed reliever the Dodgers acquired last year at the trade deadline. Brock Stewart is on a minor league rehab assignment, as he may return when the Dodgers return home from this road trip. Blake Snell is scheduled to throw another live BP, his third, and is expected.
Speaker 2: To go at least three innings.
Speaker 3: Blake Snell was at Coachella, as he posted on Instagram yesterday. Mookie Betts was at the Laker game yesterday. He's on the il with a right oblique strain. Let's check in right now with the Dodger manager Dave Roberts, who was at cors Field yesterday.
Speaker 2: Questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave.
Speaker 7: Robbers it's a really good story. I'm gonna start him today first base, and obviously, you know we got to he's here because of Freddie's portornity to leave, but it's an opportunity for Ryan and it's just he's been a Dodger's farm hand for a long time, and we've asked him to a lot of different things as far as hit for power, control the strike zone, more hit for average, and improve the defense. And he's done all that. And so when you look at a guy like Ryan and you see him in a big league clubhouse, it's one of those stories that he earned every bit of this opportunity. So I think he's got about twenty people in town to watch his debut, So it'll be a fun day.
Speaker 6: The patternial list obviously is not a very long time.
Speaker 2: But what do you.
Speaker 6: Think just this opportunity can do for someone like Ryan?
Speaker 7: Well, I think it's it's validation for all the hard work he's put in. I think it's an organizational win, but certainly most for Ryan and his hard work he's put in. But you never know, obviously this paternity situation, but him to get here, cut his teeth in the big leagues and make his debut, you never know what could be the.
Speaker 2: Story you expect.
Speaker 7: We expect him back at some point in San Francisco.
Speaker 3: When do you for a guy like you that spent eight years in the minor leagues, when you have this type of situation story Ryan Ward is, does it kind of hit home closer to you. And to reward a guy like this, to give him a start.
Speaker 2: It does? It does?
Speaker 7: I think that you know, he's a guy that you know when you look at him, he's never been that big prospect. And so I just for me, I really believe in meritocracy and performing. And he's a guy that nothing was given to him. He's had to earn it and continue to earn it and continue to prove it. So I do relate to that, and so I am sensitive to guys like him.
Speaker 3: All Right, there's manager Dave Roberts, Ryan Ward, his major league debut and getting the start today at first base. Dave Roberts and our injury report presented by UCLA Health, the official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. When we continue live from Coors Field, you'll hear from Kyle Hurt, you will hear from Ryan Ward as we get set for first pitch at twelve ten. I'm David Vasse and this is the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: David Vasse Live at Coors Field.
Speaker 3: As we're getting set for Game three of this four game series between the Dodgers and Rockies, Roki Sasaki going up against Michael Lorenzen. First pitch is coming up at twelve ten. Dodger Baseball brought to you by El Pato, born in La and made for your game day. El Pato brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, salsas and hot sauces to your table.
Speaker 2: El Pato Gourmet in a can.
Speaker 3: Well Today, Ryan Ward, as you heard throughout today's show, is making his major league debut, getting the start at first base. Nobody happier than Tim Neverett to be here on the call for this day. He's been anticipating Ward's call up since last year. We had a chance to catch up with Ryan Ward earlier today in the dugout.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we were down in Albuquerque and I got pulled from the game and kind of was like getting smirks from people you now on the bench, and then eventually they told me and it was incredible. I mean I came into scribe whell I was feeling in that moment. So to be here and have this opportunity is incredible. Yeah, Yeah, I was on the I was literally walking to the on deck circle the first inning of the game and I got pulled down. Yeah, Henny was actually couching third at the time, so we had to wait the whole inning until he came in and finally told me. Everyone was kind of contemplating what it was about, you know, but people had a feeling and end up being that, so it was awesome.
Speaker 3: Are you aware of the cold hero status you have amongst Dodger fans.
Speaker 8: I've heard about it, and I've definitely been tagged in some stuff on social media, but I do my best to try and stay off social media, especially what I'm getting tagged and stuff. I kind of everything muted, so but yeah, I know that's awesome.
Speaker 2: It's kind of cool.
Speaker 3: What's it like to not only get called up, but were you expecting to be in the starting lineup considering the way Rushing has been playing?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, I mean, Russia's been playing great. Another Homer last night, one of my best friends. I think it's really cool just to have the opportunity to be up here and get my debut, and I'm excited for it.
Speaker 2: You don't seem nervous.
Speaker 3: Do you have any butterflies right now, or that'll happen closer to the game.
Speaker 8: They've been on and off, Like I woke up this morning with a lot of butterflies. They've kind of went away since I've been here, but I'm sure they'll come back for sure. What did you do the last couple of years, So, like improved the plate discipline and just kind of getting on base more and all that stuff. Yeah, I honestly a lot of work in the off season, just simple things like whoever was feeding the machine that day after a pitch, like if they would move it, like make an adjustment to it.
Speaker 9: So it's like.
Speaker 8: Training myself of like, Okay, this is the spot I'm hunting today, and I'm not going to swing anything out. The same thing with like if they're throwing an arm, like being super selective of the pitch I was gonna work on and kind of just taking that into the season and taking it into every bat and doing more homework on pitchers and figuring out like where's their strong suit and where's mine and trying to try and play that chess match and figure it out. And it clicked last year and I'm trying to just continue to build off that's.
Speaker 3: On the journey, doubted the results or what might come or did you get here?
Speaker 5: Or frustrated or anything like that, or how'd.
Speaker 2: You keep going?
Speaker 8: You know, honestly, I used it to keep going, and he was like, okay, Like if I'm not there yet, Like what do I have to do to get there? What part of my game we have to keep working on to get better? And I just use it as fire to keep working on it.
Speaker 3: All Right, there's Ryan Ward, who is making his major league debut. Twenty eight year old rookie PCL Player of the Year last season. And look, here's the scating report from evaluators across the league that saw Ward play in the minor leagues. He's a really good left handed bat against right handed pitching, but defense is lacking and in this big left field, there's no chance the Dodgers were going to start him in left field.
Speaker 2: Let's see how he does at first base.
Speaker 3: Also, if the Dodgers did not add War to the forty man roster, there were teams with not as much talent as the Dodgers that were ready to sign Ward to be their DH. So we'll see how the defense plays today. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by the Ford Maverick Mortar Motor Trends and the North American Truck of the Year. The Ford Maverick everything you need in the most innovative truck with forty two miles per gallon at the best MSRP of its category. It's time to see Ford in a new light. Go to your Southern California for dealers today. When we continue from Corsfield in Denver, Colorado, we are and then closer to first pitch. We will still check in with Rick Monday and Charlie Steiner. I'll go one on one with Kyle Hurt as we lead you up to first pitch at twelve ten. Right here on the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: We are getting closer to first pitch from chorus Field. It's coming up at twelve ten. Rochi Sasaki against Mike Lorenzen.
Speaker 2: Hot Dog.
Speaker 1: Who wants a hot It's time for the hawfe Magical Moment Bitch Magical presented by Hawfey Hot Tips.
Speaker 3: Well, since we're back at chorus Field, why not go back to June second, twenty fifteen, Dodgers taking on the Rockies. Here at cors Dodgers down eight to five in the top of the ninth inning, with Rafael Bendencourt closing it out or trying to close it out for the Rockies. Bettencourt gave up three street singles before striking out Justin Turner and getting Jock Peterson to fly out to left field, which brought up get this name, Alex Guerrero, who quickly fell behind one to two in the count before.
Speaker 5: This guy Aspo at third, rollins at second, heisi over at first. They lead off. Here's Bettencore's one to two pitch fly ball center field. That's hit pretty well, going back in center. As black Man looks up and it is gone.
Speaker 10: A grand Slam home run by Alex Guerrero, and lightning has struck Here at Coersfield, the Dodgers down to their final strike and Guerrero delivers again on the road a grand Salami, and the Dodgers take a nine to eight lead.
Speaker 2: Oh mine, We.
Speaker 3: Were going deep in the archives for that Alex Guerrero reference.
Speaker 2: Rick Monday on the call.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers took a nine to eight lead in the top of the ninth inning, and then we're able to close out the win. That was our Hafy magical moment, brought to you by who else, Hoffy hot Dogs, Haffy so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Hoffy hot Dogs, Local and so great. When we continue from Corusfield, we'll check in with Rick Monday. He'll be joined by Charlie Steiner as we get closer to first pitch between the Dodgers and Rockies. Right here on the back to back World Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deech On, your home for the Blue All Season Law Law.
Speaker 2: David Basse live at Corus Field.
Speaker 3: As we are getting set for first pitch between the Dodgers and Rockies at twelve ten. It's Game three of a four game series. It's time for the Verizon startup. We are now thirty five minutes from the start of the game. Now at Verizon, you can lock in your low prize for three years so you can say big. Visit the Verizon store near you today Still toy com we'll get you the keys to the game and a preview of today's pitching matchup. But first let's check in with Rick Monday and Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 9: All right, David, something happened to the Dodgers last night that they're not used to.
Speaker 2: They lost the.
Speaker 9: Game, got beat four to three in Colorado by the Rockies. So in spite of the loss, the Dodgers still have won six of eight eleven of fourteen. It was their first loss of the season against the National League team. But even so, the Dodgers keep rolling along and today at Sasak against Michael Lorenzen. Your overall view of what we saw last.
Speaker 5: Night, bo Well, I think a review is that the Dodgers unfortunately did not do what they had been doing. Yes, they did not win, but also they were zero for seven with runners in scoring position. It was a little strange too, because show Heyo Tani, the leadoff hitter of the ball game, reached on an air and then Kyle Tucker hit the home run on the first pitch thrown to him. You figure, heck, the Dodgers are off in living very fancy, no question about it. And then in the second ending a home run by Dalton Rushing and another one out of the ballpark, and you figure, Okay, this is gonna be fine, and then the Rockies don't ever give up on the Rockies, especially when they're in this ballpark, Strange things can happen. And for the Rockies they held strong and took the game by a score, as you mentioned, a four to three, but the Doctors just did not deliver when scoring opportunities were there as they normally do.
Speaker 9: You mentioned Dalton Rushing. What an interesting story he is. He gets a chance to play every once in a while and all he does is produce. And last night, as you mentioned, he hit the home run.
Speaker 2: What do you do with him?
Speaker 5: It's an excellent question, and it's a difficult question for anyone to answer because you get guys that are playing very well. You're not going to put down Will Smith and put him on the bench. Will is in there batting in the third spot today in game three of this four game series. But for Dalton Rushing, he realizes, look, he's not gonna play every day. And for guys that have the ability, especially for younger players, it takes a time for them to understand. Since they're not playing every day, you have to work even harder on the side to take extra batting practice, to take extra fielding practice, to make sure that your legs and arm are in good shape, because you can't just sit there, sit there, and then when you get the opportunity say oh, I'm ready to go. You have to work even harder when you're not playing, because when you are in that line at each and every day kind of takes care of itself.
Speaker 9: By the way, Freddie Freeman is out paternity leave and Ryan Ward has finally been called up. He's going to play first base this afternoon and beat seventh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is maybe the beginning and hopefully so just a wonderful story because ron Ward has just really earned it. So making his debut. If you look at last year in Triple A hit two ninety hit thirty six home runs, knocked in one hundred and twenty two. Yes it was Triple A Bowl, but the Triple A Player of the Year, we might add, and so far this year in eighteen games hitting at three twenty four yo. SUPI gets overlooked about Ryan Ward. Also, Charlie, is the fact that last year he stole sixteen bases, and I think that took a lot of people by surprise because they look at him and say, well, He's probably not a speed guy. I mean, he's not going to steal thirty and forty, but the fact that he was able to swipe sixteen bases last year is really stood tall.
Speaker 9: Kyle Tucker last five games has six hits.
Speaker 2: And a couple of home runs.
Speaker 9: His bat is beginning to heat up. And then we get to Otani. Now it's fifty consecutive games in which he has gotten on base, got a base hit in the ninth fitting last night. You keep that straight going and once again we can bring out our ad libs about we willie.
Speaker 5: Kiel it absolutely, it's amazing, and we talked about we will kill yesterday. Hall of Famer. The fact that he stood five foot four, but he played large and he was on the field. A lot of comparisons of Otani, and when you make the comparisons, you start to look at Hall of Fame players, whether it be in base hits, whether it be in home runs, whether it being stolen bases, and also what it might be as far as the pitching goes as well. Because Otani has come out very clearly and say, look, you like to win the Cy Young along with an MVP Award.
Speaker 9: Well that's the thing Otani thinks he is, and who are we to argue he's a better pitcher than he is a hitter.
Speaker 5: And you know what I like about it is the fact that he's willing to push himself to not just be good, but to push himself to greatness on both sides of the baseball.
Speaker 9: We're watching something historic as Otani and the Dodgers keep rolling along. So they begin the day once again in first place. The Dodgers have been in first place every single day so far this season. Of game and a half in front of the San Diego Padres, I have some first pitch coming up, David.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you guys.
Speaker 3: When we continue, we will have Kyle Hurt joining us line from chorusfield. But we want to remind you that Dodger Baseball brought to you by City of Hope, preparation, precision, and unrelenting commitment to being the best at what they do. That's what makes a champion at City of Hope. That commitment has one focus curing cancer. City of Hope. Champions of Hope make an appointment today at cityof Hoope dot org. We got Dodgers Rockies coming up at twelve ten right here, on the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: We are twenty five minutes away from first pitch between the Dodgers and Rockies, game three of this four game series Dodger Baseball, brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shakey's dot Com.
Speaker 2: Here we go with Kyle Hurt and.
Speaker 1: Now what will likely be vasse fielding insults from a Dodger player. It's an engagement of endearment. This is high and tight.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Rockies getting said for first pitch, the Dodgers getting ready for Game three of this four game series at Coursefield. And we haven't had a chance to catch up with a proud USC trojan who just got called.
Speaker 2: Up last week.
Speaker 3: And that's the one and only fight on Kyle Hurt. Kyle, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 11: Yeah, thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: We're gonna play this straight today, Kyle, Okay, I don't want any Shenanigans from you got it.
Speaker 2: What's it been like?
Speaker 3: Obviously, you put in a lot of work over the last year and a half to get back and you finally got the opportunity. What's it been like to settle in with the team.
Speaker 11: It's been a lot of fun, you know, being down in the both ends.
Speaker 2: It's a good time.
Speaker 11: There's a lot of good players down there, and a lot of good players on this team.
Speaker 2: I'm just excited to be here.
Speaker 3: Alex Vessi has two lockers down from you. He's one of the leaders of the bullpen. Dog says. Is there like a hazing thing like they do at USC or is this just played straight? I think we're just playing in straight. We're having a good time. How have you fit in? How easy is it for veterans to welcome in guys like you?
Speaker 2: I think it's pretty easy.
Speaker 11: You know, they tease me a little bit, but it's all in good fun. So I'm having a good time.
Speaker 3: What makes the Dodgers so special as far as the way they prepare their relief pitchers specifically to get ready to come into games.
Speaker 11: I think everybody's opened to whatever roles that that's opened that day, So everybody's ready to throw every day.
Speaker 2: And just get some outs.
Speaker 3: What's it been like for you? Can you describe, you know, the light at the end of the tunnel. I know it was tough being at camel Back Ranch for an extended period of rehab time after your elbow surgery, But how did you get through it?
Speaker 2: And what's it like to finally achieve that goal.
Speaker 3: The other day?
Speaker 11: It was very rewarding. I was very nervous. It felt like a very long time coming as well. You know, not making the team at a camp was kind of emotional for me, I guess because I just I've been working so hard to get back here and Tommy John's not an easy thing to get through.
Speaker 2: And I did get through it.
Speaker 11: And you know, once I got that call from Scott Hennessey saying that I'm going to the big leagues again, you know, I was pretty emotional, and I was kind of nervous the first couple of days I was here, and then I was extremely nervous for that first outing and I'm just really happy I got my feet wet again and I'm just excited to move on and help this team win.
Speaker 2: Where did those emotions come from?
Speaker 11: Just kind of thinking back in the middle of the summer last year, just like why am I doing this rehab?
Speaker 2: Why am I here?
Speaker 11: Because there's days where I just didn't want to go into CBR and get my work in and just myself knowing that I just did what I need to do every day to get back on the field. It was just so rewarding the other day when I got back out on the big league field.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, can you describe that at Dodger Stadium coming in against the Mets?
Speaker 2: How did you control the emotions? It was pretty hard.
Speaker 11: I was kind of all over the place, like my delivery was a little off, But it was just so exciting and exhilarating to be honest with you.
Speaker 3: Did you settle in after maybe the first pitch, the second pitch, the second batter.
Speaker 11: I think I settled in after the third out. I'm excited to get back out there again and show what I can do.
Speaker 3: Kyle Hurt is joining us on this Sunday afternoon at Chorus Field.
Speaker 2: Ryan Ward, twenty eight years old got the call up. Kyle, you know him well.
Speaker 3: How happy are you for Ryan Ward to get this opportunity?
Speaker 2: I'm pumped for man.
Speaker 11: He's I've been around with the last three four years and he's a great team guy, great personality, always same person every day, and I just couldn't be more happy for him.
Speaker 3: He kind of voiced the same type of emotions that you had in a different way where he was wondering when was he going to get.
Speaker 2: The call up?
Speaker 3: What did he have to do to get that call up? You've seen his road, Do you think that this is the game rewarding his hard work?
Speaker 11: One hundred percent? You know, he was the best player in arguably baseball last year numbers wise. He mean, he hit thirty six home runs, drove in one hundred and twenty something. Guys like he's he deserves.
Speaker 2: To be here, and I'm I'm so happy for him. All right, Kyle, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 3: There's nobody around, Kyle, you could just let loose, let that voice out like a lion.
Speaker 2: I'm right. Always great to catch up with you.
Speaker 3: Great to see that smile and congratulations on all the hard work that you put in paying off.
Speaker 2: Now, Thanks Dave, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: There he is the man. Kyle Hurt one of my top five favorite Trojans. There's not many, but he's on that list, Kyle Hurt wiping the sweat from his bro after that interview. Dodger Baseball is presented by uniclow Field at Dodgers Stadium. Visit uniclo dot com slash us. We're leading you up to first pitch Dodgers and Rockies coming up at twelve ten. I'm David Basse and this is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Brongo Casino Dodgers Hunters on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball, David Basse live.
Speaker 3: At Chorus Field as we are getting set for first pitch between the Dodgers and Rockies, Game three of this four game series coming up at twelve ten. It's time now for your Dodger pitching matchup, brought to you by your toilet dealers.
Speaker 2: We make it easy before we get to that.
Speaker 3: Just setting the scene, Ryan Ward, who's making his major league debut out there in left field, stretching as he will be starting at first base today. And he was with his old teammate from TRIPAA Oklahoma City, Alex Freeland, who is getting the started second base. So he got the young kids on the right side of the infield today with Alex Freeland at second and Ryan Ward at first base. They'll be facing Mike Lorenzen, thirty four year old right hander went to cal State Fullerton.
Speaker 2: Hard to believe.
Speaker 3: It's his twelfth season in the big leagues. It's his seventh team that he has pitched for. He signed a one year deal with the Rockies this past offseason, and he also pitched for Team Italy in the World Baseball Classic. The last time Lorenzen pitched, he only went two and two thirds innings. He gave up seven runs on six hits, including a home run. For the Dodgers, they got Roki Sasaki on the map looking for his first.
Speaker 2: Win of the year. He's zing two with an ERA of six point twenty three. I asked Dave.
Speaker 3: Roberts, the question we're asking ourselves, do you know what to expect from Sasaki today?
Speaker 7: I don't. I don't, I don't. I just I hope he just goes out there in a taxis guys, and it's actually a good match up for him because this is a very aggressive team, kind of like the last couple of teams we faced. So if he can, you know, pitch off the split the slider, introduce the fast fall. At times it should bode well. He should be efficient if he's not given away free passes. For me, I think some of it is mechanical, but I think large for me pitchers, there's got to be an intent and conviction to pound the strike zone and deal with whatever result in the strike zone. So, you know, sometimes it's given hitters a little too much credit. But his stuff is really good and so you've got to get him past that next hurdle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sasaki this season is only throwing forty of his pitches in the strike zone, so Dave Roberts wants to see that change.
Speaker 2: We're just fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: Away from finding out what we got with Roki Sasaki today.
Speaker 2: Keys to the Games are next.
Speaker 3: I'm David Basse and this is the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at twelve ten from Corrus Field, Roki Sasaki against Mike Lorenzen. Getting ready for the start of the game with Saporo. Great Moments start with Saporo Beer. Whatever your taste preference. Sapporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Saporo good with sushi, Great with baseball. Before first pitch, Let's check in once more with Rick Monday and Tim Neverett.
Speaker 2: Guys, Ryan Ward Day, David, thanks again.
Speaker 4: We count you down to the first pitch here in Sonny, Denver, Colorado.
Speaker 2: Cloudless guys.
Speaker 4: Gonna be room temperate today in the low seventies as the Dodgers looked to get back in the win column following a disappointing one run loss last night. Four to three series even at a game apiece. This is game three of a four game wrap around series. Roki Sasaki gets the start. He's oh to two his ERA six twenty three. Dave Roberts was asked a very interesting question today. What did he expect from Roki Sasaki? And Dave's answer really interesting? He said, I don't know.
Speaker 5: And if we think back to before the first start, Dave Roberts said, we want him to be competitive. Well, if we look at some things oversimplified, but let's talk about first pitch strike only fifty seven percent of the time. What's the difference in strike one versus ball one to a hitter. Well, with strike one, it's the difference about one hundred and fifty points. After oh and one, it's two twenty two After one and oh, it's three sixty eight. And for Roki Sasaki, he has walked way too many hitters. And one thing that I always say to Sasaki, You've got good stuff trusted.
Speaker 4: For Michael Lorenzo, and he has not had a great start to his Rockies tenure. He's allowed twenty runs, fifteen of them earned in sixteen and two thirds innings across five appearances. For those are starts. So it'll be Lorenzen against Sasaki. That is the pitching matchup this afternoon in Ryan Ward making his major league debut at first base, Rockies and Dodgers Game three. This four game set lineups and first pitch just around the corner.
Speaker 2: Looking forward to it, guys.
Speaker 3: It is a beautiful Sunday afternoon here at Chorus Field. As Rick Monday likes to say, there may be a lot of Rockets red glare here at the Mile High City.
Speaker 2: Enjoy the game.
Speaker 3: I'll join you after with both game and Dodger talk. I'm David Basse and this is the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network