Speaker 1: And the Great American this morning as a trial schedule involving City of Cincinnati versus Alex Chavinski. His attorney's joining us now Doug Brannon. I think on his way back to Dayton and attorney Doug Brannon. What happened this morning in Hamony County Municipal Court.
Speaker 2: You know, ultimately Bill, the case got continued to do jury trials could be January twelve. The state made a point disclosure of a witness. Come to find out, this witness has an extensive felony history that wasn't disposed to us as well. We want some time to look into that.
Speaker 1: And in addition to.
Speaker 2: That, apparently the FBI had a competative department that was there that he needed to describe the callt it a simulated lap, not an actual slap from Alex Kravinsky, that this is what they're playing is the criminal contents. So this is exculpatory evidence that wasn't produced in a titaning passion working at continue as the Bechinnia.
Speaker 1: So this morning you were told for the first time the city was going to use a witness against your client. And because they just told you this morning about this new witness. She didn't have time to research the fact who is this guy? And the witness did has closed has multiple criminal convictions? Is that correct? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And to be fair, Bill, the witness wasn't disclosed until they ended business on Friday. You know, we were able to find some of his criminal convictions, didn't know anything else about what he made or may not justify to his story dorup place was provided about the witness, but certainly were entire his primo background as well as what he would testify to. So he needed the court continued the trial so that we had a fair opportunity and to review the additional discovery that was provided in the passment.
Speaker 1: Here we are in December the eighth. This event took place July July twenty sixth. Why didn't the city disclose this witness to you until Friday at the close of business. What's the reason for not disclosing it too? They say it was reasonably discovered or that they simply were somewhat recalcitrant.
Speaker 2: I never got a good explanation why this information wasn't provided into a pridey eight about four close in business. But nonetheless it was produced very last minute, working and continuous to the case, but we are looking more to trying this case. Our jam and Bridge welcome this tot.
Speaker 1: I made a wild guest at an M four involving Sincini police, many of them support your version of the facts. Will never go to trial because the city's not that stupid to put them on trial. Do you have any indication they're going to dismiss the case? There's no There's no lesser offense below an M four other than an MM. But nonetheless, have they offered a deal to you of any type to not soothe the city? If you get something in exchange.
Speaker 2: Leave not engaged in any lee negotiations with the city reviews to do so.
Speaker 3: It will try this case between jury, you know.
Speaker 2: And they plan on calling the detectives involved in this case, the death Sery, the.
Speaker 1: Games police you know many times, as you know, Doug Brannon, it is not the defense to call the police to support their version of the facts normally. Is the opposite. Is it true that you have subpoenaed Cincinnati police officers to testify on behalf of your client.
Speaker 2: Well, these are duristol detectives wanting to do the right thing and are not pulling it much for the city. I think that they're going to just playing your trial, and I think in nex with it is going to exonerate Alex of these focus charges of disorderly.
Speaker 1: Conduct somewhat unusual. So defense counsel is issue subpoenais for the detectives who investigated the case of Alex Stravinsky. And is it true that the detectives who have spent hours, according to the FOP hundreds of hours investigating this assault on July twenty sixth during the music festival, that these detectives said, do not file criminal charges against Alex Chravinsky? Is that true?
Speaker 2: You know, East attackers, that's put a lot of work into this case. I think that they've done some very good work they put it. We're able to identify almost all of these suspects. The committees set us acts and you know, I don't believe that they think that Alex Robsky did anything conk here, and neither do I. That's why we're going to try it.
Speaker 1: And you also made reference to a CI from the FBI. Can you put some more bones on this confidential informant?
Speaker 2: Well, it would appear from the information that I've been provided that there was a confidential a foreman investigating the same crew for probably drug related offensus.
Speaker 3: Uh, the same crew that attacked Alex and all his friends that evening.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's clear this is a almost criminal gain activity that that is what went down that day.
Speaker 1: Did they disclose this to you before before Friday?
Speaker 2: No, the FBI confidential in form of information was not disclosed until late on Friday as well.
Speaker 1: Can you can you come up with a reason for that?
Speaker 2: You know, I can't speak for why the city didnot produce this information earlier or who they planned on bringing the trial earlier. All I can do is to actors lobster their late disposures.
Speaker 1: A couple more quick questions. I know you're busy. Is it true that the investigating detectives and the Chief of Police Fiji and others in the police chan and command would not file these criminal charges? And that Captain now acting Chief Adam Henny is the one who was told to do so by Emily smart Warner, who's the city solicitor.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the answer to a question that I plan on getting it prial on January.
Speaker 1: Twelve, Bill, Would it be someone unusual if the detectives investigating a crime and the chief of police would not file criminal charges, but over their head, the political powers at city Hall ordered criminal charges against the innocent person, according to one of the news conferences, because of the color of his skin. Would that be someone unusual, It would be highway.
Speaker 2: And for a politician to get involved in ordering who should and shouldn't be charged from an incident. Obviously, the black community at Cincinnati was demanding this. There were some CIDY officials that are supported by those people. This seemed to have possibly acted in this case. But I'm going to get answers to under oath to these same questions a trial on January twelve, when they put these people on the witness to that.
Speaker 1: You had told me earlier on the air that the Federal Authorities Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice is looking at looking at this case as racial discrimination against Alex Schravinsky, your client. Is that still is that investigation ongoing to the best of your knowing, Yeah, and the.
Speaker 2: Rest of my knowledge, the FBI are still involved in the case, and that that investigation is still ongoing.
Speaker 3: But so far we're not aware of any filings by the.
Speaker 1: Better older of the boarder, and that would be against the civil leaders of the City of Cincinnati. Correct.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure exactly what they're investigating, but they are still involved in this case to my knowledge.
Speaker 1: And lastly, about your civil rights lawsuit as far as charging someone based upon the color of their skin and using under a nineteen eighty forty two USCA. Nineteen eighty three civil rights violations, and that's a civil matter in which you're going to see money damages from the City of Cincinnati. When would that lawsuit be filed.
Speaker 3: Well, we're going to try the case against Alex Stravinsky, first, exonerate him, and then we will, based upon some of the testimony that is derived from that trial, make decisions about whether or not we are pursuing civil cases against certain officials within the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: They're handing out eight point two million dollars to criminal protesters. I can only imagine what this case is worth. And I'm still willing to make a prediction Doug Brannon that somehow the city will not want their command officers under oath talking about conversations between them and the mayor, between them and the city manager, between them and Emily smart Warner. I'm willing to predict they don't want any of this public, would you agree.
Speaker 2: Well, so far they seem to be willing to go to trial on it, so let's play along and let's see what they'd have to say.
Speaker 1: Doug Brandon, the trial date next is what January the twelfth.
Speaker 2: January twelve, we will be back in court on Alex's case, and we do you expect the jury troll to move forward to them?
Speaker 1: Well, God bless you and God bless America. Doug, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Thanks though you take care of.
Speaker 1: God bless you.
Speaker 3: Ill.
Speaker 1: Let's continue to more. Let's continue with more. That this arose because after a thorough, complete investigation by a good police agency, they recommended that no charges be filed against Alex Stravinsky. And then the civil authorities in charge of the city, who is the mayor, the city manager, Emily Smart Warner and Vice Mayor Michelle lemon Kearney, demanded that a white person be charged with a crime because the black community demanded it, and it happened. So the power of the criminal justice system was turned against a person because of the color of their skin. That's why the Department of Justice is looking into charges against the civil authorities that run the city of Cincinnati. Later on would be the money, damages and more. How ridiculous. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred Wow. All right, mister Penny, I'm going to say a word, and you tell me the first thing that pops into your mind.
Speaker 3: Okay, Doc smart, Scott's loan, funny Scott's loan, reliable Scott's loan.
Speaker 1: Mister Penny, you have to stop answering Scott's loan. Okay, I'll try, Doc.
Speaker 3: Favorite Scott's loan.
Speaker 1: Mister Penny, Yeah, I try.
Speaker 3: Get off my back.
Speaker 1: Listening can become habit for me. Join me scott Sloan tomorrow morning at nine o'clock on seven hundred WLW scotch Loan, mister Pinny, Billy Cunningham, the Great American for Joseph Chevrolet and Cole Rain, And first of all, the men and women at Joseph wish you and yours and Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and also a good New Year. And right now through the end of the year. Imagine you getting two point nine percent APR for seventy two months on a brand new twenty twenty six Silverado America's best truck, or driving a new twenty twenty six Equinox one point nine percent APR with no payments until twenty twenty six. And if you're still looking for a real value, how about a brand new twenty twenty five tracks only two ninety five a month with only nine to ninety five down. Joseph Chevrolet's the Place Cincinnati by Chevrolets find new roads today at Joseph Chevrolet and Coole Rain Josephchevlet dot com and see the dealer for all the details. Rapid radios are instant pushed to talk walkie talkies, offering national LTE coverage