Speaker 1: Later.
Speaker 2: Yes, A had.
Speaker 3: So last night at about I don't know, eight thirty, I remembered that I was supposed to go see Shirpa last night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sorry, Tracy, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: I got home. I got off the plane, I got home. I was unpacking about eight hours.
Speaker 5: Like.
Speaker 3: Oh, but apparently that wouldn't have been too late because you and Max and Zacho win right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh man, it was so much fun.
Speaker 4: About what time do you go on?
Speaker 6: Do you think we have no idea? Because they take your phone. They I mean, they lock your phone up. You get to hang on to it, but you have to turn it off and lock it up.
Speaker 4: Because so how do they when you get to hang on to it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they give you like a pouch and then they have like it's almost like those kind of looks like the ink tags they put on clothes. Sure, and then they lock it up with a device like that and you hang on to it. It'd be a logistical nightmare getting everybody their phone back do that. But but then on the way out the door, they just quick unlock it. You throw the pouch in a little Yeah, no, it's no, it's fine, and it's it's Dave he's every time I've ever seen him, he's always done like that. I think he's probably one of the pioneers in doing that because I think other comedians have followed suits since.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it was hilarious. Man.
Speaker 6: It was really good topical, a lot of stuff about what's been happening in Minneapolis, and just all the comedians just that came out, and and the musical act because the clips Push the t and and Malice and they all just expressed so much respect and reverence for Minneapolis.
Speaker 1: And the Twin Cities and everything that's been going on.
Speaker 6: And yeah, David and Chappelle did a lot of stuff about what's going on and just it was it was It was really funny in general, man, because there's some lately a couple of his stand ups have been hit and miss, but it was like watching him last night was like, damn old Man.
Speaker 1: Still got the fastball at was it fact? Sold out? Yeah?
Speaker 7: And it was in the round, so very small stage in the center, and uh it got when when the laughs where it was loud, it.
Speaker 6: You couldn't even hear him when he first started talking, like it was it was loud in there, and it was it just it felt it felt special.
Speaker 7: I don't know if that makes it like just because obviously, like the intro video was made for us and you know, featured prints on Opra years ago talking about why he lives in Minneapolis, how the cold keeps the bad people out, and it was just very it was.
Speaker 1: For for this area.
Speaker 4: And it was he filmed a specialty.
Speaker 1: Then it seemed like it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the Netflix thing went up, you know, right before he did his special and you know, Zacho said he saw in the past and the same thing happened. But it looked like he was kind of playing to the camera in a way that it felt like they might have been filming.
Speaker 7: And the way it was filmed too, like it definitely looked more like it was for more than just an in house right they you know, it looked look really like good and you mentioned, I mean just from the way they dressed the whole place up, with the lighting and the sound.
Speaker 8: It was so what do you think fifteen thousand, nineteen thousand plus, because.
Speaker 1: Morning you've done stand up for like twenty five hundred.
Speaker 9: Yeah, right, exactly, so has everyone in this.
Speaker 8: Room well no, I mean flops wood and tears gets like, no, he was there that night.
Speaker 1: It was sus at least I did it fair?
Speaker 9: It was great.
Speaker 10: Did did Chappelle do three nights? Then didn't because he added.
Speaker 7: Shows at the Varsity Theater last second and obviously the Varsity Yeah, and then and then obviously Grant Casino last Yeah, this one was.
Speaker 1: Like that would be nuts and Varsity that would be nuts. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a small ass room for a guy like chappelle'd seen him at first to have one time that was really quick. But it felt like he was right.
Speaker 6: I guess Cols is almost being you, you know, like it was very intimate for a guy like Chappelle.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. That's cool. Good for you guys.
Speaker 4: Marty, you were one of the opening comedians.
Speaker 11: How was it?
Speaker 1: I it was so good.
Speaker 9: I don't remember it.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 6: That Chris Tucker impression impression that you did, Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And then the Jackie chan went because you did a whole rush hour bit that was crazy.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's smart to have everybody lock up their phone so they can't film that. We played laid all the heads, all right, best stuff.
Speaker 3: All right, news news with Chris Hockey. Yeah, so a couple of big deaths in the News. Jesse Jackson is dead. The famed civil rights activists, ordained Baptist minister, and two time Democratic president candidate, was eighty four.
Speaker 4: I believe he died either late last night or earlier this morning.
Speaker 3: Then Robert Duvald died yesterday at ninety five. Legendary actor's wife announced his death on Facebook. He died on Sunday at his home in Virginia.
Speaker 4: So who's next?
Speaker 1: Yeh, Marnie, Oh God, I hope not. Yeah, I don't. I hope not.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: He wanted you to guess.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm now comedian like you. I'm sorry, I'm trying.
Speaker 9: I mean, you're talking about the rule of three.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm talking about, right, Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right? Well how about how about surfer guy? Do you read that story? No? Oh, man, girl? Hang on? Hell was that guy's name? Great? Check us out? This is honestly terrible.
Speaker 4: Couldn't harmonize the saber asses?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 8: This is terrible CNN dot Com. So Kurt Van Dyke apparently is an American surfer. I guess he's a pretty influential one. Not familiar with him, but I guess he's a notable name in the surfing world found dead in an apparent robbery at his apartment in Costa Rica.
Speaker 1: He was sixty six. Hang on, here's the here's the part that gets gross.
Speaker 8: Van Dyke was in the apartment with a woman when they were allegedly approached by two armed men. According to preliminary reports, the suspects threatened them with a firearm and held them for several minutes while stealing valuables. Authority said he was asphyxiated and had several stab wounds, and the woman who was with him suffered minor injuries that are not life threatening. There were people online saying that they were that she was zip tied, but he was. He was strangled and stabbed to death.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, man, it.
Speaker 4: Have been much more helpfules if they'd had three arms.
Speaker 1: Yep. So that one's bad again. No, my, you know, apologies. I don't know who that guy is, but I guess he's a big deal in the serving world. Sixty six. Yeah, that sucks. So hm, there you go. That one's fun.
Speaker 4: Costa Rica.
Speaker 1: That's lovely. By the way.
Speaker 7: An update to uh what we were reacting to yesterday. Do you see that the skier uh you know, melted down? You see why partially why No. Apparently his grandfather died during the opening ceremonies, and so yeah, that's probably why he went off the deep end.
Speaker 4: The news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is fun, a lot of depressing stuff. Anybody else have anything depressing?
Speaker 4: No, I can change subject.
Speaker 1: Marnie is set last night. Not good.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna I'm just gonna dark topics.
Speaker 10: Give him my best, my best one.
Speaker 1: That the dude dead thriller, Oh Scorpion, No, not that thriller. The other.
Speaker 9: Thriller in Manilla.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Philis Stiller.
Speaker 4: That's a thriller. In my bed sack, your bed sack.
Speaker 1: He's a sleeping bag. Yeah. He goes camping a lot. Are you okay?
Speaker 4: Call it a bed sack?
Speaker 1: Are you okay? You there's a bed? Second ever pitch a tent?
Speaker 10: Does? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay?
Speaker 4: Super sweat and other materials.
Speaker 1: You need help.
Speaker 4: It's a bag lunch.
Speaker 1: You're free lunch.
Speaker 4: Something spoiled?
Speaker 1: Did you far?
Speaker 8: Speaking of that, Marty, would you like a taste of Zach's fresh bag over here?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Grody? Ah, you know you might want to Zach if he wants.
Speaker 1: To give her a into that.
Speaker 9: Brush my teeth. Right before I left the house.
Speaker 3: I can't tell what what do you?
Speaker 1: The house.
Speaker 10: Studio smell delicious? Can I give it like a half an hour?
Speaker 1: But give it a half an hour before.
Speaker 9: I brush my hand in your bag? Those smell delicious.
Speaker 1: I do love potato chips. Yeah, I thought it was false advertising. I'm again.
Speaker 8: I'm watching that Super Bowl ad going why would we? Why would I care if the potatoes are within seventy two hours? Why would I care? But these guys are losing their minds.
Speaker 1: They're great. I believe you.
Speaker 8: It smells great. I love Lays chips ten out of ten. Try again, baked barbecue, laser the goat.
Speaker 1: Do you not them? Because Zach's DB's have been all over No. I brush my teeth like four hours ago. So I don't want chips right now.
Speaker 10: Fine, if you won't, I will.
Speaker 4: Rise Be's in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, better than stands for d beaters.
Speaker 1: My bag takes Paul.
Speaker 11: Defensive than usual, very very good when he calls me, Paul, Paul very potato?
Speaker 4: Did I say a.
Speaker 1: Real good?
Speaker 3: Apple is hosting gave product launch next month in New York, London, and Shanghai. That marks the shift from previous launch events that have been held at the Apple campus. In the iPhone maker calls the event and in person experience launch invites sets.
Speaker 4: The date is March forth, at nine a m. Eastern time.
Speaker 1: Zach watch manh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got to take care of my phone situation today, so maybe I can get somebody give me a new phone.
Speaker 4: Mine's like an iPhone one.
Speaker 9: You do not have an iPhone one?
Speaker 4: But it's pretty old man. But it's okay because I got tiny fingies.
Speaker 1: What are they on March four?
Speaker 7: Probably MacBook Pro updates and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Nothing, I think, nothing crazy.
Speaker 4: I've got an I'm mac amateur? What amateur?
Speaker 3: It looks more real and and let's just be honest, gettable the way I can get a pro can't afford that. But an amateur. What are you talking about? Round Mound?
Speaker 6: Now you're fantasizing about Charles bar.
Speaker 4: Right, round Robin.
Speaker 2: He's what about Red Robin, Red Robin that's at a different place whatever, Yeah, out back. Mostly you said round Robin. It got me to think that. You know, we've seen like round Robin's close some stores nationally. You see the Wendy's announced me yesterday. Yeah, hundreds of more stores are closing. Okay, in some kind of refocused shift.
Speaker 8: Some it's I think the online the CEO said something about like it what was the word that he the phrase it was It sounded like a sports GM saying like this is a rebuilding year, like we're starting over.
Speaker 2: And somebody then somebody posted on Twitter Wendy's is trying to get arch Manning in the twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Seven tanking for draft picks.
Speaker 8: But I mean that's honestly, Wendy's made it sound like we need a full reset, we're starting over.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 6: Well they are pretty I feel like out of the out of the big three, they're the one that's that's leg and it doesn't really have any big deals on the apps and stuff.
Speaker 1: It is really good. Why Cassie switched the freestyle, I mean.
Speaker 11: My god, learn.
Speaker 4: I should have known your man.
Speaker 7: No sorry, sorry, no, I hate freestyle in and of itself, no other reason, just terrible taste.
Speaker 9: I can't.
Speaker 10: I don't do a ton of fast food. Not because I'm above it by any means. I just I tend to gravitate towards like chicken places if I'm doing fast food. But they have to say Wendy's is really not in my rotation at all, do you guys number one for me?
Speaker 1: Standy, Yeah, that's great, it's great.
Speaker 6: Mcdonald' the app on McDonald McDonald's app is just next level. That's that's what takes the experience to the to the next level. It makes up for the difference in food. If you think there's a difference in food, the deals that McDonald's has this crazy.
Speaker 9: It's so hockey.
Speaker 10: If if Wendy's is your number one, what is it that draws you there?
Speaker 3: I just like to taste, honestly, I think that's pretty much. Specifically, I like the chicken nuggies.
Speaker 1: The fries are great.
Speaker 4: The fries are always good.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever.
Speaker 4: Had a bad fry from you.
Speaker 1: Like the shape of the burger I do.
Speaker 4: I like to square, like the square.
Speaker 1: Feel like get a little bit more yep. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And they're very They don't skip on the cheese, man, that's all.
Speaker 1: They don't cut any corners.
Speaker 3: There's except for Yeah, I guess you're right. I mean it's a square good point the corner, got that right, brother.
Speaker 1: And thanks Holkster Dave is there.
Speaker 4: And the frosty the frosty Oh yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 8: Mean maybe I got really, they got one of those down there.
Speaker 1: You know, Chan's got everything, Chasta has nothing.
Speaker 4: Something the one a chance, if you'd like. I used to get around.
Speaker 3: I was so so chupsy whenever I was thinking about giving people directions, I did it by fast food joints to the white castle. Hold your breath, man. I don't know about y'all, but white castles give me the fart.
Speaker 1: Gosh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, it tastes good, but fear it don't come out good.
Speaker 1: That's my butt, Yeah, that's butt.
Speaker 3: Right, my car on fire because that seats hot bots yourself.
Speaker 1: I don't mean to.
Speaker 7: I loved how you said. I don't know about you. What is that? I don't know how much y'all.
Speaker 4: I've been in Montreal.
Speaker 1: They don't talk like that anywhere in Indiana. All right, yeah, it is round of mound.
Speaker 6: What does the cod get?
Speaker 1: That's it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I want.
Speaker 8: All right, Marty's here, Sauci walkings through sports.
Speaker 1: After this, we'll take a look at the Olympics and so on and so forth. Whatever Sauce has we'll find out after this. I'm the fan, all right.
Speaker 4: Here we are seven four hour time right now as we speak, and it's time.
Speaker 3: It's all come down to this. It's time for Saucy to do the sports. And I know Marns is very critical and your sports updates like they so please please please please give her a good.
Speaker 1: She's been talking a lot behind your back and made it into her set last night. I got ripped. Probably the biggest laugh of the night. I got ripped.
Speaker 2: Well, at least I was brought up in front of nineteen thousand people with that.
Speaker 4: Was not so hard. He's still laughing about just thinking about it.
Speaker 2: He's laughing for many Where was he sitting in the two hundreds?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Did he go? I did not see him.
Speaker 4: He was sitting side of the stage.
Speaker 1: Was he really the house open? Anybody?
Speaker 5: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip, presented by All Around your Timber Tech deck building contractor All Around.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 3: By the way, I don't know who I'm ripping anymore. I I stole that from Brow and Gersey. They always say it's open and available with anybody. I don't know who they're ripping. I just I just thought your guess is correct. Act thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Because that was yeah, that was yeah, that was said by said person.
Speaker 1: I think on the air. Yeah. Yeah, it was like a poster's statement, wasn't it. I don't know. Yeah, it might have been last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, available to every talking about because he went to front well pro roll Wolves, he went to the theater, Guthrie Theater, and then I think he might have done court side for Gopher basketball in like one weekend and for him and Common was like oh, and then he goes, oh, they're available at anybody, just gonna have.
Speaker 1: Charlie Swanson's phone number. Correct.
Speaker 2: The Twins have their first full squad workout yesterday and uh, their ace Pablo Lopez left his first live BP with elbow soreness. He will have an MRI sometime either yesterday or today. He had an it's not good.
Speaker 4: We love that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Is this uh?
Speaker 7: Is this an excuse that they can use to get rid of them and not pay him.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 9: Sounds like it was more just precautionary it.
Speaker 7: So I'm not saying that they're exactly I'm just saying, is this is this open the doors?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Because they were they were talking like, you know, deadline this year, he can be but maybe they don't.
Speaker 1: Wait, I don't know. I hope not what.
Speaker 4: I just sent a text?
Speaker 1: Bonds James Bonds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jones, let's see you here. Twins news every day.
Speaker 2: The twenty third rank Golden Gopher women's basketball team has won eight straight.
Speaker 1: They will battle number eight.
Speaker 2: Ohio State tomorrow at the Bar and at seven pm. Tickets as guards, he posted yesterday, or you can get in for ten bucks. Awesome.
Speaker 1: You don't know. Let's make a statement. Yeah, let's on it bucks. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Gopher men's basketball team has lost nine of ten. They have six games left, starting tonight at nine to thirty pm against Oregon. Oregon is a four and a half point favorite.
Speaker 4: I thought they were terrible, Joe.
Speaker 2: They are, but they're a favorite. They were one and a half point favorites. It's I read four and a half one on here.
Speaker 9: That's a lot more a discrepancy.
Speaker 4: That's a wide margin. That's not even a misprint.
Speaker 2: That's hang on, No, you might be right. Let's look, it's three and a half. Well that means but it went down though. It was four and a half when I wrote it down, it was four and a half.
Speaker 1: It's okay.
Speaker 4: Hey, there's money coming in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who knows, that's how much I put on them to lose your buddy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I bad luck.
Speaker 3: So I think that'll give them the old gusto the old what the old gusto.
Speaker 2: March board material. The Wolves are off until Friday. Yes, they host Dallas at six trade.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, and uh Cooper Flag may or may not be back for that game. I don't always got a boot right now during the al.
Speaker 1: Scot and Bogie does he have spurs?
Speaker 10: Not sure on the scoot or the Boogie or the spurs. The Wolves, yes, currently in sixth, one half game out of fourth, one and one half games out of third, but don't look down because only a game and a half out of seventh as well, So a lot of separation yet to be had in the Western Conference and only twenty six games to play.
Speaker 9: Think about that.
Speaker 10: We're at the All Star break, which a lot of people associate as the halfway point of the season.
Speaker 9: It is not. There are twenty six games left for the Wolves to play.
Speaker 2: We have, although if they went to the championship and played in the NBA Championship Hawk, they would play into the middle of June.
Speaker 10: Well, I'll see you then, yes, you will left in the regular season.
Speaker 9: Let me correct myself.
Speaker 10: But Maxims, as you know, we went out on a high note last couple of games.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and and not all.
Speaker 10: It is cured, but this team needed a break and this team needed a reset, and if we hit that.
Speaker 4: Reset, this team needs we No, that's it.
Speaker 10: We could have a really fun couple of months right after the break.
Speaker 6: And over the last couple of years, hasn't this kind of been there? M mol marns that after the All Star Break they pretty much just flip a switch. I mean last year we saw them go on an insane heater on the way into the playoffs.
Speaker 9: Seventeen of their final twenty one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Rudy Gobert was averaging like an over a double double every single game.
Speaker 1: I mean, Antheaward was on fire. It's incredible.
Speaker 6: And Io has just been a shot in the arm for that, for that bench man. He's so he's so freaking good and he's just going to keep getting better as he.
Speaker 1: Jels more and more with that squad.
Speaker 6: So I got I got a lot of hope, and like Marni said, they're right there. They can as much problems and up and down as they've had, they can still finish as the third seed. Possibly in the Western Conference, and it's going to matter.
Speaker 1: The exciting stuff. Hey, thanks, ma'am.
Speaker 9: Yeah, three is well with wow. Three is very reasonable.
Speaker 6: And I don't I know that you were out of town, so I don't know how much you got to see the All Star weekend, but we were talking about it earlier on just how cool it was to see how embraced Anthony Edwards is by the rest of the NBA, not just fans.
Speaker 1: But the players as well. And obviously it means a lot.
Speaker 6: The aunt right there he's saying thank you, but it's cool to see that the older generation kind of.
Speaker 4: Want to pass the torch to Anthony Edwards.
Speaker 6: Whereas it doesn't seem that way with other guys, like nobody's acting like that with Devin Booker or Jason Tatum.
Speaker 9: You know, it's because ant is magnetic.
Speaker 10: Yes, his personality, his smile, his outgoing, he has that nature that people are drawn to him.
Speaker 1: And he's just he just has that natural charisma.
Speaker 6: Like it was so funny it is watching the reporter ask him about being voted the seventh Hottest NBA player and he's like, come on, man, like it was it was. It was really funny and he's talking about how Obama is one of his favorite people, obviously the viral video of him telling Obama to stand down on the first time that they met. I mean, he's just he's a character man, and it's cool to see how much he's beloved by the fans.
Speaker 10: I heard a story I think I want to say it was from Brian Windhorst that before the game, like in the I don't know if it was in the locker room or like when they came out on the court for warm ups or whatever, that Wemby like pointed at Ant and said, I got you cool. And Wemby was like the only player that was taking this game seriously. And when he pointed at Ant, then Ant was like, all right, it's on, let's get That was what clicked and lit the fire.
Speaker 9: And if that.
Speaker 10: Had not had happened, that hadn't happened. I don't know how locked in Anthony Edwards was, because as you saw, there were several players who really didn't care, were not giving it. They're all in this all star game. But when Wemby decided he was playing hard and he was coming after Aunt, then Ant was playing hard and then you saw the results.
Speaker 6: Well, remember a couple of weeks ago, I guess maybe like a month ago now, when the when the Wolves played the Spurs Anthony were straight upset.
Speaker 1: I wish we could clear the court out and.
Speaker 6: It could just be me and Wemby one on one, and he basically had that opportunity over the weekend.
Speaker 4: That's pretty cool, man.
Speaker 9: A rivalry is being brude.
Speaker 6: It's cool like, and Wemby's kind of bringing that for multiple teams because I know the okay, see the Thunder fan base feels the same way about him. He's just bringing a different kind of energy, a different kind.
Speaker 9: Of culture, and the NBA needs didn't love it.
Speaker 1: Awesome.
Speaker 2: The US women's hockey team crushed sweet and five nothing to advance to the gold medal game, which will be on Thursday. They've outscored their opponents thirty one to one. They will beat at Canada, who beat Switzerland to to one. The gold medal game will be at twelve to ten.
Speaker 1: Or a female perspective on this scandal. We turned to a woman, Oh oh what was that? Yes, you have a take on the women's hockey team. Yep you, Oh my god.
Speaker 10: This is what we've all expected and won and waited for this.
Speaker 9: Is it here?
Speaker 10: We are USA Canada the two best teams in the entire world, as it should be.
Speaker 8: One of my favorite things if you guys are following along on social media, is uh, it looks like all of the family of Team USA frequently takes giant group photos together and it's like, a where's Waldough and y'all have to just look in the back because they're in the back. There's just one one giant man in the back. You're like, there's Parker all the way in the back. Can't put him in the front.
Speaker 2: He'd block everybody, So it's it's yeah, everybody looks like they're having the best time.
Speaker 1: You see.
Speaker 3: He met Jason and his wife sitting at a restaurant yesterday at the airport. Every time they showed the crowd, I'm like, where is he?
Speaker 1: Yeah, where's there's Jason?
Speaker 2: Worst part he kept tweeting man after standout Taylor scored guards. He tweeted, show Parker, you cowards, and then they're having fun.
Speaker 10: Yeah, oh yeah, man, Can you say the date, the day and time again so we can make sure this is burning.
Speaker 9: Thursday twelve to ten in the afternoon, Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 10: Okay, all right, I had no idea that be on the main channel of NBC or with that interfere with Days of Our Lives.
Speaker 8: I don't think they show that stuff until prime time because Jeopardy has been on all week. Yeah, so that's just all the NBC Family and Peacock.
Speaker 1: Stuff.
Speaker 7: You can't say that that will be on no way?
Speaker 1: What? Okay, now it will be on USA. Okay, No, it's USASUS.
Speaker 7: There's two listings and it says streaming only on one of them, but then the other one says USA.
Speaker 1: So no way.
Speaker 7: I was going to be really pissed if they didn't put that on actual TV, which yeah.
Speaker 1: I am fair.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 1: Speaking of peak.
Speaker 8: Right now, live looking, we're we're watching the lady curlers team USA taking on Denmark and it is one one in the third.
Speaker 9: Don't say, is this a metal?
Speaker 1: Stop saying.
Speaker 6: I read yesterday that the women's hockey USA versus Canada is the only ever gold medal game that's ever taken place in the olymp.
Speaker 8: Something like what like the US has won twice, Canada's won three or four.
Speaker 6: It's something like, yeah, it's like neck and neck, Like every stat down to the goals is pretty much as close.
Speaker 8: As close until this year. It's gonna be like eight rip. They barely beat Switzerland two to one. Come on, Canada, bird may break. Would we beat them last week? Five nothing?
Speaker 1: Five nothing? It's gonna be eighty to two.
Speaker 7: I feel weird rooting for a team that's big of a favorite. It doesn't feel right.
Speaker 8: You're an American, baby, Yeah, this is gonna be like Sauce and Hawk on the Vikings pregame. Hawk's gonna say like the team USA is gonna win readA one, and Sauce is going to say eighty to two. Yep, And Sauce might be closer to right this time. Correct, we're going to run it up.
Speaker 1: We just agree.
Speaker 2: I would break the spirit of Canada so much that women across the country just quit their bare chest, like we destroy Canada so badly that the youth girls hockey program in Canada just collapses on itself.
Speaker 1: County Point.
Speaker 7: It's it's the joker when he's like, I need you like what.
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 7: Like, That's that's what he says, right like, I need you know you complete complete me. That's what it is like they if we don't have Canada, we're just mopping the floor like they're going to get rid of the Olympic sport if they do that, which we saw with like baseball and other sports like they don't. There's too many, too much dominance baseball, they don't have Olympic base Well, I mean thanks.
Speaker 8: I know you weren't born, but in nineteen ninety two, the US had a team called the Dream Team that beat everybody in basketball by eight hundred points a game. When now basketball is stronger worldwide than ever, well said Carr, nailed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah take that, Zach, I need you all right, just like a joker. And you'll remember when he said that, Jerry maguire, please kiss me. Wait, somebody says that, Hold on, where are we now? I don't know.
Speaker 2: The US men will play tomorrow at two ten, swishy, and they will play the winner of Sweden and Latvia, who plays today at two ten as well. Yeah, how about this from yesterday, cor, I'm sure you probably saw this. The Oklahoma softball team hit two Grand Slams in one inning. They beat Texas l Paso thirty four to nothing. Their record is thirty five runs.
Speaker 8: They are can't clean women's softball Moving forward, Zach was right, it collapse, the sport two dominance cancel, it's over for women's softball. No, let's embarrass Canada on Thursday. Yeah, let's have tables set like six goals by yourself.
Speaker 1: Sack doesn't like cheering for a favorite. I love cheering for it. I just feel nervous. I feel like you're going to lose.
Speaker 7: I know, but it's just I'm normally like we're usually the underdogs and everything. Not like us, but like the sports that the teams I root for the Wolves going into the.
Speaker 1: Exactly embrace it. This is what This is what Winnersville feels like.
Speaker 7: On top, I've done nothing but lose my entire life.
Speaker 1: That guy's talking to you, Zach, that's so nice. It is well Carrie OLiS and Princess Bride.
Speaker 2: Once I get used to disappointment, ZECH get used to disappoint.
Speaker 9: Thursday not on theay, Zachtly, I want you to. I want you to wear something red, don't.
Speaker 1: I got my us something blue. I'm doing the USA just like a bride.
Speaker 7: I will say, though, if I don't know, you can't see this, but if he was watching Curly, I don't know how loyal he'd be the US, right, now Denmark has got some talent.
Speaker 1: Wow, you need to do a lap Yeah, you chick and get it off Charmed. Do you still watch that?
Speaker 4: I've seen every episode about.
Speaker 1: Without the sound.
Speaker 3: It's like watching Braille from Hene.
Speaker 1: What's you need?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: A shout? There we go, let's go on camera. You're a witch. Hair are phoning home.
Speaker 4: Tokyo?
Speaker 1: Need help? Oh no sound? No, he's looking at the Denmark ols. It's not even you're on charm still. It's like, good morning America. That's enough And I don't get it done for him.
Speaker 2: Well, don't go to ESPN because that that one guy that he really likes my be on TV.
Speaker 8: Yeah, oh no, all right, Uh there's really no Vikings news.
Speaker 1: But we'll find something to talk about when we come back. More with Marty Gellner and the rest of the Power Trip wanting chew on the fan.
Speaker 7: You guys like teachers, right, we all had that one teacher but leaves on a show your gratitude with thank a Teacher. Powered by donors Choose nominated a public school teacher to win five thousand dollars for their classroom. This week, we want to give a shot to Yvonne Locke Miller, who's been teaching for thirty years. Irradio dot Com slash teachers.
Speaker 10: My mom was a public school teacher, A whole life, what subject.
Speaker 9: All subjects? She was all six I mean she was the sixth grade teacher.
Speaker 1: Missus. G sure, that's what I would have called her. Oh man, she would.
Speaker 2: Have loved you.
Speaker 1: I don't think she would have.
Speaker 9: No, we would have challenged her.
Speaker 1: I would have talked a lot in class.
Speaker 9: True, Yeah, I loved you.
Speaker 7: I would have passed the tests with like a's and b's, and then I would have not done the homework and she would have been, Oh, wow.
Speaker 3: That's where when you get out of school. Yeah, there he goes, all right, g bla, Yeah you.
Speaker 2: Have fireworks, fireworks stars fireworks.
Speaker 11: Wo.
Speaker 9: That was not missus.
Speaker 4: J oh, they don't you guys?
Speaker 3: Have they shown the the two person lose?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Well, I mean we were watching they showed highlights earlier.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it's no thing.
Speaker 1: Pop slid.
Speaker 4: No, would they lay on top of each other that?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 6: The skeleton skeleton forward facing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exact arthur handles for the top person to hang.
Speaker 1: On, well, kind of for skeleton for the two persons. I think there is I think there's something like underneath.
Speaker 6: I saw them doing like a little demonstration with one of the commentators. I think there's something underneath.
Speaker 7: Did they explain who decides is on top what and he's on the bottom?
Speaker 2: You're right, missus g Hated, it's a question, I agree, how do you determine?
Speaker 1: I think are you asking switch?
Speaker 8: Are you asking how do you determine who's the top and who's the bottom?
Speaker 1: You're asking the wrong group, buddy, I think the.
Speaker 3: Other question, Zach, and please back me up on this. I don't want to get emails. Sure, but don't you think the first time that happened, they're like, no, we were trying to name a new sport.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, downhill the thing. We're going down a hill.
Speaker 4: This makes sense to do it.
Speaker 7: I like this testing dynamics now. I don't think they meant to actually go down the track. They just it started, you know when the sleds are rocking?
Speaker 1: Certainly not that. Lady's right. I'm gonna ask chat GPT.
Speaker 4: We're gonna do one.
Speaker 1: Now do what ask double? What's it called double luge?
Speaker 4: It's double scouts?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 9: Person?
Speaker 4: Loge?
Speaker 1: What I person?
Speaker 10: The bottom athlete manages the sleds direction right. The top athlete often holds handles to maintain stability.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's the thing.
Speaker 3: I couldn't tell if they were holding on to something or not, but I figured they had to because you just roll right over.
Speaker 1: Okay. The positions are random.
Speaker 7: They're based on size, weight, strength and roll sack specialization, amazing team chemistry and comfort, long term training together?
Speaker 1: What what eighty to ninety miles per hour they travel? Yeah?
Speaker 2: If you and I did the two person lose, who would be the top? Who would be the bottom?
Speaker 1: I would probably be the bottom because I would crush? What? And you? You know why? You'd be good? Good bottom? The it says you, who are you? Point out you?
Speaker 4: Your nickname uses?
Speaker 7: The bottom uses subtle shoulder, leg and calf pressure to control the slot.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I have amazing calf. I'd be a great bottom.
Speaker 8: There's talking my dad practicing. Who's happier right now? The vikings are Radco?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: Radco is dead?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: You're dad? Birthdays on Friday? Oh? What are you getting him? HOWK? Yeah? What are you getting him? HOWK?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm getting him?
Speaker 1: Amazing you This.
Speaker 8: Week seventy six seventy six. Wow, yep, what's he doing for his birthday?
Speaker 2: We're gonna take him out? Hold on, he read mount probably hang on only Molly dang. Oh you're acting his grandson. Yesterday took ten steps.
Speaker 11: Road.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh Lucy that's our sister's nickname.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and today he might be h Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 4: It happens pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: He stood there and like didn't really know what to do, and then he just kind of went in circles and he kind of Frankenstein.
Speaker 1: Wats he puts his arms up. Yeah, it was wonderful.
Speaker 9: It is the best.
Speaker 2: It was wonderful to see. But soon he'll be twenty five? Dad, why do you live with me?
Speaker 1: Still? You gotta go? Oh so you're going to move in with him? Wow? Probably so he has his own place by twenty five. He is off to a good start. Yeah, but you moved in with him.
Speaker 4: He's getting his own place later.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 4: I gotta get the hell out walking up the last keeps having my food?
Speaker 1: Wow, I do like eating? I do? I mean, do you feel better?
Speaker 9: It's time for vikings on the Powers.
Speaker 8: Prosco Ladies are winning three to one in the fourth end, the lady colors, not.
Speaker 1: The lady is there like lady curlers. Is there a.
Speaker 10: A strategy like are there different?
Speaker 9: What is the word I'm looking for?
Speaker 10: Like a play like let's try to put our rocks here in this I'm gonna show you the design because when you start, like if you're throwing the first rock, you should put it here and then.
Speaker 1: The better.
Speaker 9: You know, do you have a rock a best?
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is, but I'm undoubtedly there is. I just don't know what it is.
Speaker 4: It's like chess.
Speaker 7: I guess that was you gonna great curl Well, they first have to find somebody without sin to cast that first stone, right, Thank you, it was Jesus.
Speaker 1: You're welcome.
Speaker 4: No, oh, we're watching ice skating. We don't have Peacock Fair.
Speaker 2: Because that TV is from you almost have a subscription. Yeah, you have probably three of them. He pays for Abby's, pays for Alexis. Of course he is pay for my neighbors. Dad's your dad eurns.
Speaker 1: It, your dad pays for it.
Speaker 4: Let's see. There's an article on the Athletic Today about J. J. McCarthy and his.
Speaker 1: Quarterbacking glowing reviews.
Speaker 4: It talks about percentages and stuff like that. Says J.
Speaker 3: J McCarthy on target sixty six point five percent of the time. Other people that are young quarterbacks, you compare that, Jade Daniels is on target seventy eight point two percent of the time, it says.
Speaker 4: So there you go, there's Vikings.
Speaker 1: Vikings, I have a question and it's probably not a good one.
Speaker 4: Perfect you sell this show so well.
Speaker 8: Yep, And here with the question that's probably not a good one. Is the fans. Paul Lambert walk in the bedroom. You go, I have a thang and it ain't very good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that is the that's the play though, that you got to undersell it.
Speaker 4: I walk in with fanfare, common, you have a WWE.
Speaker 1: And then you're done.
Speaker 4: This is my music.
Speaker 1: That's all you hear of it.
Speaker 2: You said you had a question, Oh it's not a good one.
Speaker 1: Do you think when we look back on it.
Speaker 2: That JJ McCarthy's injury will cost him his career with the Vikings, because if they go after the two quarterbacks that keep getting brought up in the rumors that are Kyler Murray or mac Jones, if they those are brought in, they will be the starting quarterback next season, and what do you do with him then? At that point, Like, do you think the Vikings have a enough question on him even though he's only played ten games, that they know what they're going to do with him right now and that would probably be replace him?
Speaker 1: Good question? Good question.
Speaker 10: Wouldn't have the opportunity to beat them out? And I agree, can't beat them out?
Speaker 11: Then?
Speaker 10: Is it the fault of his injury or if he can't beat them out, is it just you don't have the talent or the skill.
Speaker 2: I think if they trade for mac Jones, he won't be on the roster.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what I think. Know that J. J. McCarthy won't be on the roster.
Speaker 9: Good to know you left that part outside.
Speaker 1: I count feel Corey's beady eyes staring at me. I don't know. I'm just being quiet and letting you cook.
Speaker 4: Did something?
Speaker 3: Did something happen when I was gone? Because I had heard that they think that mac Jones will not be let go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they'll trade for him, though that's not a lot. Okay, what will they trade?
Speaker 1: Hi? Mate?
Speaker 2: Probably like a second or third round pick for him. But if you give up that much for a quarterback. He's your starter. That's my point. God, that sounds you can.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it. Who did he say that to? Who knows?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: Rosie don't say that, but yeah, that's my opinion.
Speaker 4: My good.
Speaker 1: Curling him speaking.
Speaker 9: Does anyone ever trip over the rock?
Speaker 1: The most amazing thing. I've never seen it. But it's just I don't they don't accidentally kick him kick him rock in perfect rhythm every time.
Speaker 3: You're not allowed to touch it with your finger after you let go of it. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 7: Talking about the Yeah, man, they did make contact with the broom yesterday, but yeah, that was the whole f first time I've ever seen they even.
Speaker 1: Touch the rocks.
Speaker 9: What do you mean make contact with the broom.
Speaker 7: Like they were sweeping in and they hit the They lightly touched the rock, the.
Speaker 1: Stone as it was mod with the with.
Speaker 4: The illegal right, correct, So I had no idea.
Speaker 1: When they're going back up the ice, how it looks like they're on an invisible skateboard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like they're on the hoverboard, just one foot floating, the other one pushing.
Speaker 4: Look at that, Maxo.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, man.
Speaker 4: We're watching the high speed skating three teams.
Speaker 1: They're perfectly.
Speaker 4: They are inelieves.
Speaker 1: Incredible.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine the time it takes to get that insane.
Speaker 1: Hours hard what hard? We got it? Step right?
Speaker 2: And is that too? I think we got two? They got the hammer though, yeah, can I thought we had the hammer. No, they got the hammer so stupid.
Speaker 8: That means the last last shot, which means they're going to probably get one if they just get that yellow stone out of there.
Speaker 1: They make it too, put.
Speaker 9: Them in good spots. Didn't we really spray them?
Speaker 1: They sprayed them. Spray the stones.
Speaker 8: More of the Power to the Morning Show after this with Marnie Gillaner on the Fan