Speaker 1: You are now listening to The Jim Colbert Show on Real Radio one oh four point one.
Speaker 2: That's right, guys, here were go on a Monday edition of The Jim Colbert Show. Thank you so much for tuning in. We appreciate that, as we do every single day, and we do have a good program for you this afternoon. We'll get you caught up on what's happened in the world. That will do that around three twenty with JCS News four o'clock hours, Emily the Movie Girls. She'll join us around four twenty or so, five Block Howard do some trivia. We'll ended up with sports Rate Trimley and you heard it here first, your calls, text and talkbacks all day long. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: I'm Jim.
Speaker 2: To my left, my lovely very Dan years go host. It's Deb Roberts. Hello there, gread ed producer Jack Bright Jaw afternoon or seven ninety one six one four one. That's how you call us. Text us easily at seven seven zero three one. Find us on social Instagram, Facebook at d Jim Colbert Show on x just add Jim Colbert Show on all day, every day at Jim Coolbert Live dot com. It's where you can check us out on YouTube. Watch us do our thing, watch that thing, do all kinds of things, and you can get involved with our chat room right there in the YouTube. That's where we do our question of the day, and if you want to send it a talk back, that's easy as well. Make a comment on what we're talking about. Just grab the iHeartRadio app, go straight to real Radio and use that mike to send your comment over to Jack and we'll get you on the.
Speaker 3: Air, turn you into a superstar.
Speaker 2: That's right. Your three o'clock. Heyword is fun. F you in go to Real Radio dot fm and send that away for your chance at one thousand bucks. Fun guys, that is the word. Fun guy, Fun guys. Fun is the word. Go get your money.
Speaker 3: We need a winner. We've only had.
Speaker 2: Uh oh you mean for us?
Speaker 4: Three?
Speaker 3: Got three for the station?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Two?
Speaker 3: Two for the station. Yeah wow.
Speaker 2: We have two sister stations with three wow. Yeah, no joke.
Speaker 3: Really that money?
Speaker 2: I thought you liked us?
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, Yeah, good weekend.
Speaker 2: Everybody had a good weekend.
Speaker 3: It was pretty good. Yeah, pretty chill. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Jackson had plans on Sunday, but then uh, have the wrong dinner on Saturday night.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 7: No, but man, I am what's kind of dinner you have? Just a fast food dinner. I don't want to say the name. I don't want to blow up anyone spot.
Speaker 3: Taco Bell.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, poor Taco Bell. Yeah, r ap Taco Bell.
Speaker 3: I know, I know. But Jack, you had the back to school event that you you did this weekend.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was one of three that we're doing within a week here with Real Radio. And this was actually giving away school supplies and it was backpacks filled with school supplies at six area Key food locations. By the way, Key Foods, no joke. When it comes to lunch, you gotta eat there. I had leftovers for days. This is going to be part of my regular meal routine. It's going to Key Foods. You could bring it home, you could food prep with it, You could do whatever you want. That beef was amazing.
Speaker 2: I tell you. That is a cheat code, much like the pork and publics. But it's the pork in publics is expensive. Yeah, but you go get that prepared Spanish or that that uh, what's the way that that Mexican beef right where they where they season it and everything already for you. You could do anything with that and a lot of tacos anything you want.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they had white rice, said yellow rice with yellow rice that, and they threw plantains. Dude, I've always pushed plantains around my plate. I ate those, thar.
Speaker 2: But it's a great little ad instead of a sauce because a lot of people will do that to add some sweet, to get some balance and a meal. Man, the plantain is the cheat code because you just get a little sweet in there, you get some texture. It's delicious and it's it doesn't break the bank. Is that the first time you've experienced key foods and the hot food?
Speaker 9: Yes, that's I went in one other time and I'm like, yeah, I don't understand what am I doing?
Speaker 3: Understand I gotta go what am I doing? What am I doing here?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 2: Everything looks delicious, you want all of it.
Speaker 9: All you have to do is point, you know, because a lot of them, you know, they don't even speaking last Yeah and that's okay, But yeah, I just pointed on my can I get that and that?
Speaker 3: And really you need to go early because.
Speaker 2: You go back there though, when I get one green going out, I want all the people to be Spanish back there. I want all that great cooking.
Speaker 7: Chris will go and you know, even like five six o'clock, it's like all the food is already, it's already gone, it's already been bought.
Speaker 2: Do they got my son through college basically his first couple of years of college just wing a key food, buying a couple of those proteins and just mixing and matching those meals throughout the week.
Speaker 9: Such, it's such a great tea code. You're right, And so we gave away a bunch of backpacks. That was a lot of fun. Our Bundy Josh Fowler was up in Ocala doing the same. Yep, a good turnout of many of the locations.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 9: That was good that you know, played some video games, avoided the rain and let'sh went to the Orlando City match. Yeah, they won, and rented a movie and had I had to watch The Revenant again. That's the one about to dude with the Bear, right, the dude with the Bay DiCaprio right, twenty fifteen came out.
Speaker 2: He won Best Actor Oscar for that mm hm and.
Speaker 9: That and that's it true story, right, Yeah, it's based on the true story. What is interesting is I saw it at the time, I didn't remember. All I remembered was a bear attack from that movie. Then I read the book about a month or two ago, and I'm like, oh my god, this is amazing. Yeah, then I had I was looking forward to watching the movie again. You cannot believe how different the two are. Oh, I'm sure, yeah, yeah, but both are great because the author in the book even said he had to fictionalize a lot of stuff because you know, they didn't know. They took the facts that they knew and then built the story around that. And it like the filmmaker did the same, it seems like, because you know, there were certain key things that happened, but how they got there was totally different.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see it all the way through. I've seen the beginning of it and then fell asleep, of course, but I want to check the entire movie out because it's supposed to be amazing. And I know it's an old ass movie, but for some reason, there's a ye has always been an interest for.
Speaker 9: It wasn't available on the streaming plats form. I'm like, you know what I'm going to pay for it? Who that's how bad it was?
Speaker 3: Jack, You are in your cowboy face.
Speaker 9: But I brought it. I brought it up and Amazon Prime was like, oh, you have one. You have a free rent alow be.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, okay, it.
Speaker 2: That much better. He really didn't even like the movie, but because he got it free. Absolutely love five stars, five stars.
Speaker 9: My cowboy face is all spurred by spurred spurs by Red Dead, Redemption again. It is just I'm living the life of a cowboy. I'm reading great. I watched The Revenant.
Speaker 7: Yeahah, I'm telling you, if you had a piece of property the size of Jimmy's, I have a feeling you'd be.
Speaker 3: Home with a horse. Yeah, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 9: Which version of trigger is the og no one? I'm reading the book. There's there's the one that both movies were based off. And when I'm done with that, I'll probably watch the new one again and then maybe watch the old one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the old one's great, man. I like the old one a little bit better than new one.
Speaker 9: And if you have I haven't seen it. They came out with a new run of Little House on the Prairier.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's out right now. Yeah, one of my wife's favorite shows, but for some reason she has no interest in watching the new one, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Because it doesn't have Melissa Gilbert.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or that girl Nelly, who is the little bitch in the movie the show. She's still alive though, dude, she's like, yeah, sixty five years. I just saw a story on her when they released it. They kind of went and talked to anybody that had anything to do with the show, and I think she's one of the only ones alive. Her and Melissa Gilbert, who isn't too chatty right now. No, but they talked to her and you know, the funny thing is she looked exactly like she looked in the in the show.
Speaker 7: And you know Laura Engeles she was originally from Wisconsin. Yes, from the woods of Wisconsin. Yeah, before they moved to the prairie.
Speaker 3: Wow. And so her her house is still you can visit it in Wisconsin.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's cool, man, know that I haven't seen the new show because I'm a few episodes in.
Speaker 9: It's good it is because it I think more than the TV show from the seventies. It really I think talks to paints. They struggle a little more, including with the Native Americans the osage at the time, but was actually on the land where they're moving now. I don't know what is true and what's not. I know these are all based off of her of her book, so yeah, but it's definitely has a little more realistic feel than the original TV series.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: I read it.
Speaker 2: I read something about Osage today, the Osage Tribe today, while I was writing Trivia, and it's at the Osage Tribe. And I don't know what year this was, but I think it would have been a back in the God I don't know, but they were. They were. They actually sued and won one hundred and twenty two million dollars from the government to set aside to buy or to use that land. Right. Well, they denied that. They said, no, we're we won't accept that. Well that money went to a trust. That money's worth like a billion dollars now and they still won't take it. WHOA, yeah, yeah, because I mean it was their land, it was their heritage, that was what you know, that's right. It was sovereign to them, you know. So interesting thing. Uh, this weekend a couple of things. I decided to test how tough I was on Sunday and decided to do some work outside. Uh, and we decided to start that around like twelve thirty.
Speaker 3: Ah, why why do you hate yourself? Listen to him.
Speaker 7: That's just the second best part of his day. First is getting the movie rental for free.
Speaker 2: Why you're right. My wife's face was so red when she came inside that I literally I was like, I just I felt like throwing a wet blanket on her because I thought she looked like she was on fire. I mean it was Bruce. I assumed in the shower with cold water on, and as it ran over my head it was warm in my hands.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, so brutal. It was so stupid.
Speaker 9: There is no cold water right now. How it's like you put it if it's coming out room temperature. Consider yourself lucky I got first blast.
Speaker 3: You're like, oh, there it is. There's the cold.
Speaker 2: I've nothing but mad love for everybody, been every we were all because it was you know, it was a baby, daddy, it was me, it was wife.
Speaker 3: We're all outside.
Speaker 2: And when we were all when we all got in and got cleaned up because we had I had a doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon, we were like, uh man, just mad love for people who work outside.
Speaker 3: I know you have to deal with it.
Speaker 2: I've got three hours and it was just absolutely demoralizing kind of doctor you going to on a Sunday. No, I had to get a kidney scan because of kidney stuff. Oh you wanna hear something wild.
Speaker 3: You want to hear something wild.
Speaker 2: So when I get the reason I'm had in kidney scans because when I had my kidney scan before, when I got my life imaging scan, they showed some system my kidneys. So that's the whole idea what life imaging is. You go in and get the scan. Right, heart is the primary subject, but you do get you can get scans for other parts of your body. Got the scan, they showed some abnormalities in my in my kidneys. I do have kidney issues in my family history.
Speaker 7: Right, That's one of the first things I'm gonna ask Chris to bid for at the silent option at the poker tournament.
Speaker 3: Go get those scans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, uh, that would be the best thing, really, And so I followed up on that, just like I say in the spot, you know, made a doctor's appointment with a renal specialist, got a and so and now it's just to maintaining thing. Come back to make sure nothing goes crazy. So we're sitting in the room getting scan and as they're doing the scan, my wife got curious and she put chat GPT up and she focused the camera from her phone on the scanner and what it was showing. Do you want to know what it said? Like it knew it said the exact thing the scan said. Chat GPT by just focusing in on the screen that the technician was running, knew for a fact that I had a cyst in my kidneys, knew it was the left kidney. Said all this stuff that was going on with my kidneys. While it was just watching the scan in real time, Chat was spitting that out and it's almost exactly what the first scan said. The problems, the problems with my kidneys.
Speaker 7: Were now your kidneys are floating somewhere in the ethernet.
Speaker 3: Was scanning that for chet. Tory is white.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was in the room.
Speaker 3: She was a violation here ball. She wasn't supposed to do this, by the way.
Speaker 2: She's in the room and she's got to her hammer on the screen and she's scanning it. She's just for fun, was running it for Chat, just to see what Chad would say. And Chat said the exact thing the doctor said, WHOA, that's crazy. In real time, we're not talking about I'll let Chat think about it. Yeah, Chat's watching it and talking to us about the scan as the scan's happening. She told me that after the fact and said, like, this is what the scan says, and I bet money it's gonna be almost dead parallel with what the doctor scan says. Crazy, right, yeah, completely crazy, all right? Four O seven nine four one text us seven seven zero three and one. Got a big show for you today, a lot of fun stuff to talk about. Dead what you got for news?
Speaker 7: Wildfires are raging across Europe closer to home, a secret Service agent is arrested for hazing, and summer's most anticipated television tradition is back. We'll talk about that and more coming up next during JCS news you.
Speaker 2: Got it to take a little break, we'll come back and get deb news and do more than Jim Colbert Show.
Speaker 3: Who did you Cver crew?
Speaker 10: You know him?
Speaker 6: You have favorite tea bag.
Speaker 13: Him of the ball And today we are Aisle Beer to take your pants for a walk day Now, I suggest that you go outside, take your pants off, go to Lee Shore, bell on them and then just drag no him.
Speaker 14: Look behind you as you walk around the neighborhood, scarying your neighbors.
Speaker 3: Have a good joe, y'all have meant you've been arrested in those Yeah, don't.
Speaker 2: Take that advice. That's uh, my advice is, don't take that advice. Welcome back to the Jim Culbert Show, Real Radio one or four point one. Thanks for tuning in. We appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: Fun is your three o'clock keyword, that's fu in. Go to a real radio dot of him and send that away from your chance at a thousand bucks. It's gonna winter, man, it's starting a week off right, and get one right now, right now, don't grab that cash. Guys, welcome back.
Speaker 3: I'm Jim.
Speaker 2: Jack is right over there and Dev has your news.
Speaker 3: Let's get it.
Speaker 1: It's time for JCS news.
Speaker 5: Wow, this guy got a quick name on everything.
Speaker 2: It's in my contract ed.
Speaker 5: U's the news on the Jim Coberg Show.
Speaker 7: And JCS News is brought to you by that mortgage guy Don. Firefighters in France and Spain are struggling to contain massive wildfires. William Denslow reports that fires in France broke out last week near the Atlantic coast, with the flames now less than ten miles from the main entry points to the famed wine growing region of Bordeaux.
Speaker 12: I've often been incredibly strong, really making it hard to battle these blazes. Now this comes as officials warned that the fires are at the gates of the city of Bordeaux. There have been huge efforts to try and stop that from really happening.
Speaker 7: So about two hundred and twenty thousand people have been evacuated. Meanwhile, in neighboring Spain, flames have burned more than one hundred and twenty three thousand acres of countryside in Avila, making it the biggest wildfire in the country's recent history. Some seventy five thousand people were told to leave their homes in Spain over the weekend. Wow, these are just these are not stories we're used to saying about your Yeah, you know.
Speaker 9: It's also in Italy. Yeah, you got to Canada. Oregon right now is the hottest spot in the US.
Speaker 3: Exactly, which is just crazy, right Pacific Northwest.
Speaker 2: Also in Deborah, I saw a video that was taken by the planes that get the water for Canada. Yeah, they're the ones that go down to that lake the water. Have you seen those guys lying up, well, seven in a row coming in that lake where people are swimming, digging that water up.
Speaker 3: That'd be so cool.
Speaker 2: They showed a you know, a big picture of that, you know, just a panoramic view of the Canadian fires, and it is fake. I mean it looks it's bananas.
Speaker 3: You wish it were. Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 7: So, speaking of the Pacific Northwest, the man convicted of murdering four University of Idaho students wants to take back his guilty plea. In an interview with The New York Times, Brian Coburger claims he's innocent and now he wants a trial. Coburger told the Times his quote, actual innocence is his truth, end quote, and he has filed a petition challenging his conviction that was based on his plea deal. Coburger pleaded guilty last year and was sentenced to four consecutive life terms without parole for the twenty twenty two murders. What do you think he found out that prison life isn't really something he's liking too much?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think they got him dead nuts too though. I mean, yeah, they have him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, as far as I was aware of, with the evidence they had pled guilty.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you plead guilty and then say no, I take that back. It's hard to forget that you pled guilty.
Speaker 15: Well.
Speaker 2: It is weird though, but a lot of people would plead guilty for a deal, right, They would say, I plead guilty to take the deathenitally offense.
Speaker 3: And I believe that was the case here.
Speaker 7: And he not only had to plead guilty, I guess he also had to give details or had to answer for each one's of those crimes. Closer to home, the state of Florida is scheduled to execute two inmates and one day this week. Former Lake County Police officer James Duckett had his marks March execution date stayed due to an inconclusive DNA test. He's now scheduled to be put to death on Tuesday. And this comes just to the State Supreme Court rule today that they're not there is going to be no last minute recue, no rescue. So on Tuesday, the same day that inmate Dominic Anthony Occoni is set to die for the nineteen eighty six murder of his ex girlfriend's parents. That would make him the oldest inmate put to death. I belief in the US. Yeah, all right. A Secret Service agent is facing criminal charges at Miami Dade County. Marquez, Christopher Pinder, and two other men were arrested yesterday. The charges include attempted manslaughter with a deadly weapon and hazing with a deadly weapon.
Speaker 2: Hazing with a deadly weapon.
Speaker 7: The State Attorney's office says the defendants used prolonged and repeated beatings with canes and paddles as part of a hazing ritual for the Kappa Alpha PSI fraternity. It allegedly went on for four days in April. The victim had to be hospitalized with acute kidney failure.
Speaker 3: Got Almighty. Bender had been with the Secret Service for almost three years.
Speaker 2: There is nothing I want to be a part of that would require that.
Speaker 3: There's no group that I would want to be a part of that requires that. Yeah, I've got Almighty, I mean for four days. Yeah, I've never understood that. I don't either, all right.
Speaker 7: Several e bikers are charged after a teen takeover event in downtown Orlando earlier this month. That you know, we talked about this. You had the former police chief, saying listen, charges could be filed. So the juveniles were seen riding down streets, cutting through intersections, running red lights, blocking emergency vehicles. Several of the e bikes were impounded. Police did not say exactly how many teens were arrested or what charges they're facing. But they're really trying to get ahead of these teen takeovers. They're becoming like the scourge for police departments all over, not just this state, but everywhere thanks to social media.
Speaker 2: They require so many resources. I mean, you know, if you got three hundred dudes or kids out there on e bikes or motorcycles or whatever, you can't send four cops out there. Now you're going to send like fifteen of them out there.
Speaker 9: You're only going to get a handful, right, And what you should do is keep those e bikes at least impounded for at least a couple of years.
Speaker 3: There you go, oh yeah, or Selima, there you go, there you go. All right.
Speaker 7: About three hundred and fifty thousand Haitians and Syrians are losing their temporary protected status today. Immigration attorney Tammy fox Iskova thinks this will lead to all kinds of legal and tax issues.
Speaker 10: It'll cause a shortfall in terms of their contribution to our country, and it's certainly benefited us to have them on legal payrolls as opposed to employed under the table.
Speaker 7: She says most would rather risk it in the US than return to countries and chaos. More than forty five percent of Haitian immigrants live in Florida forty five percent, and there employed by the state's two biggest industries, healthcare and tourism. Yes, I think maids, think assisted living facility. I mean, these two industries are really there's a lot of panic, especially like with hotels, motels, like how are they going to cover all of these employees. Immigrants who lose their status will go back to their original status. But of course this comes as ICE has announced that they're planning to target Haitians first in Ohio because again they're losing that temporary protected status.
Speaker 3: Great, all right, right exactly.
Speaker 7: A man who's been arrested for allegedly driving through the scene of a deadly crash, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office says twenty nine year old Leila Padaletti ignored police cars blocking the road just decided to drive on the sidewalk early yesterday morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, places to be Jenny. He was going to Caney. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Authorities who were investigating a traffic fatality boxed in his car and then put him through the field sobriety test. Do not be shocked. He's now facing DUI charges. Ah, all right. A Georgia man is heard after he was bitten by a shark in Volusia County. It happens Saturday in Daytona Beach Shores. Vlucia County. Beach Safety says he was standing in waste deep water when he was bitten by a four footer on his foot and ankle.
Speaker 3: He is expected to survive.
Speaker 7: I had also read that he was trying to protect his pregnant fiance and that that's why he was the one that got bit. There's no word on exactly what kind of shark it was.
Speaker 2: Just think god, he was in the water and not actually in Daytona.
Speaker 3: Could have been way worse. But off a Daytona beach chores.
Speaker 9: By the way, they're trying to change their name, right, that's right, all right now, I remember one beach's exactly chores, and that's a good fifteen ft away.
Speaker 3: We didn't do with that, nothing to do with that no more.
Speaker 2: I mean we look alike, not even close to the same burden.
Speaker 7: Distant related so oh yeah, all right. An Orange County man is accused of violating protections put in place to stop the spread of the New World screw worm. Florida Agriculture Commissioner Wilton Simpson announced Friday that Maitland's Roger Rodriguez Vega was arrested. He allegedly tried to enter the state with twenty four sheep and goats from Texas that had not been inspected for New World screwworm. Simpson says Florida has taken a proactive and aggressive approach to protecting our livestock industry animals because it's not just livestock. I mean these things can land on your pets as well. Yeah, and the food supply from the very real threat of New World screw worm. They're trying their best to keep it as much as they can. A Texas issue, So don't be a don't be a heead.
Speaker 2: Bring your stupid Texas south here, dummy, old Texas.
Speaker 7: All right, guess up the boat and get your die flags ready. The forty eight hour Lobster mini season begins just after midnight Wednesday. There's a six lobster lit per person in Monroe County and Biscayne National Park and twelve per person for the rest of the state.
Speaker 2: They must have a carapas measuring minimum three inches, and if you see the bright orange eggs attached beneath the tail that looks like bright orange sponge, it is prohibited.
Speaker 3: To lobster and to harvest any egg bearing lobsters.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say, how to know those numbers you were talking about were white claws or lobsters, because this forty eight hour season seems to be like the party lobster season where.
Speaker 3: People lose their blanking minds. Oh, there absolutely.
Speaker 7: In fact, one of the police that was at the press conference was like, listen, drink water, not alcohol before you head out.
Speaker 2: I've heard some crazy stories about dudes going down there going lobstery and just like come back with one small lobster.
Speaker 3: I had a whole lot of stories.
Speaker 2: Seven kidney issues, liver problems.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're saying, excuse me, They're like, make sure you go with an experienced guide. You know, no know how you're supposed to die for these Things'll go under the water and get the bends.
Speaker 3: You know, ye, you'll hear this is the season of ticklestick jokes.
Speaker 2: By the way, you can hear a lot of ticklestick goes absolutely and every lobster fisherman thinks you've never heard it. But guess what we've heard of a bunch.
Speaker 3: We used to work with someone who would be excited for this time of the year getting his tickle, his tickle, whatuld you call it? Stick?
Speaker 2: They poked, they asked, the old uh, the old net.
Speaker 9: I had a diver. Tell me once when I first got certified this thirty years ago. You take a mop, like the old kind of mop with the white scraggly end. Yeah, you cut it in half. You bring that with you so when you you have like a three foot section of stick and then the mop had on it and you put it in there and then you just spin it and then the mop uh ropes get caught in the lobster and you catch a lot.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it worked. Oh wow, really that was years ago. Yeah, sounds cheaper than the ticklestick.
Speaker 9: Yeah you want a three foot yeah, got an extra well.
Speaker 3: Florida Fish and Wildlife officials stress the crustaceans must remain whole until getting back to shore. Divers also must have both a recreational saltwater fishing license.
Speaker 7: And a lobster permit. Yeah, so you want to make sure before you go down there and open up that. However, many cans of white cloth?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah. I think they call this the short season or something like that. Yeah, two days, and then there's another one. I think that's a week or ten days or something like that. This one, for some reason, is the party season. I guess only the serious lobster people come out for the seven day or because, let me tell you, there' peop about their jet skis doing this one exactly losing their minds.
Speaker 3: I love it. It's fun, all right. Well this is for a duval if you're listening. I thought this was pretty cool.
Speaker 7: Expect to see some helicopters above Jacksonville this week. J EA announced last week it's going to use helicopters for the next phase of the Fulton Cut power line project.
Speaker 3: So, starting today, the.
Speaker 7: Helicopters are going to help contracts installed new wiring and perform related work along the Saint John's River between Blount Island and Reed Island. The transmission lines are being raised to give larger ships more clearance to safely reach Jackports, Blount Island Marine Terminal.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 3: So they're using helicopters. I think that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's cool. I've seen them. Have you seen helicopters like lower AC systems on the top of the buildings when they get they get those, there's a word. It's not a patche it's not any of the military choppers. It's like a Sikorski or something like that. And it looks like it has no middle. In the middle is just like this thing where they can can carry ass loads of stuff and uh, there's a famous one that crash. But they use those to put like AC stuff on the top of the big buildings up there. They can lift quite a bit and liftsy like it's mixing apart. Right, Yeah, exactly, look's like a dragonfly little.
Speaker 3: I'll have to check that out, all right.
Speaker 7: The attempted second degree murder case of former Tampa Bay Buccaneers star Antonio Brown is delayed again. The two day standard ground hearing has been pushedback. It was set to begin tomorrow in Miami Dade County, but Brown's attorneys say they're having trouble speaking with potential witnesses, so the behind the scenes. The wide receiver is accused of shooting at someone outside of Miami boxing match in twenty twenty five, of course, saying it was standas ground because he was there trying to rob him of his jewelry. Sure he was defending himself. The next court date is until late August. Oh, gentlemen, this is good news for you guys.
Speaker 3: What's going on.
Speaker 7: NFL training camps are kicking into full swing around the league. Veterans for the Buccaneers, Dolphins, and Jaguars Jaguars Jaguars will report to camp tomorrow. The Hall of Fame game is one week from this Thursday.
Speaker 3: How crazy is that?
Speaker 2: I saw the preseasons, like the schedule or your preseason game schedule scrolling and I actually checked myself. I was like, they wouldn't put this as a rerun. This would be like this, this is fresh information, you know. I mean, you never know, but I was like, damn, dude, it is here, baby.
Speaker 3: It is here. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Hall of Fame Game one week from this Thursday. And then do we know when the regular season kicks off?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's the it's the Wednesday now, it used to be the Thursday after Labor Day. It's gonna be the Wednesday after Labor Day.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 10: That is.
Speaker 2: They can't they can't get it on TV fast enough. The executives never taken off TV. It would be twenty four to seven, ten, nine eight. So I think it's September eighth, yeah something. Wow, that far away north end of July. Right now, it's later a month. Yeah, this third, I mean this Saturday is August first, So we are right around the corner, got it.
Speaker 7: I know we're gonna we're gonna be talking about like Thanksgiving and stuff.
Speaker 3: Before you know what. Nips are reacting. All right, Well, then let's move on.
Speaker 7: Like I said in the teas before the news, the summer is most anticipated television tradition is officially underway through this Saturday.
Speaker 3: Gentlemen, do you know what I'm talking about? Okay, week? Really give yourself a dom Yeah there, good.
Speaker 2: I told you I saw the spots word, but a completely blank on it. I'm not a shark week, guys. I'm not like a big chart.
Speaker 3: It got buffoonish. It's so over the top.
Speaker 15: Now.
Speaker 3: Tom and Dan used to.
Speaker 2: Clown the hell out of it. Really, Yeah, they call it Shark Week.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm surprised at what years so Discovery channels this many annual Shark Week launched last night.
Speaker 2: And they only do one a season right now. It's not like those reality shows were fifteen episode or years in one season.
Speaker 3: We're celebrating our fiftieth anniversary. You just started five years ago.
Speaker 2: It can't be one of the majors, like it can't be the twentieth because you'd never hear the end of it, right, more than That's what I'm saying it's gonna be. But it's not one of those you think it's more than twenty, It is more than twenty. Yeah, I'm gonna go thirty five.
Speaker 3: Wow, you didn't even react. I'll go thirty two points Jack thirty eight.
Speaker 7: Thirty eight annual Shark Week launch last night with an all new special titled K Pop Shark Hero.
Speaker 3: Shay That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 7: Right, featuring comedian Ken Jong and singer Ray Ammy trying to flip the script on shark conservation. There are twenty brand new jaw dropping premieres airing nightly between eight and eleven PM. Tonight's block includes highly anticipated specials like bull Shark Dinner Bell Oh yeah, very nice, and biggest Mako on Earth.
Speaker 2: Look, man, I gonna tell you, I don't know what season it was where they showed that great white breach and like come completely out of the water and it's like the size of a gd bus. Right, I'm like, you can't beat that. You should have shut you should have shut Shark week down that day. That was it literally jumping the shark. That is the Rudolph of the shark.
Speaker 7: Either way, that concludes your JCS news.
Speaker 2: Alright, pleasure all right four seven text seven seven zero three one. Don't forget your three o'clock keyword is fun. If you in go to a real radio dot if him and send that on for your chance in one thousand bucks back in one second.
Speaker 16: What's going on COVID and Company. It's concrete, Mike, Jimmy Man.
Speaker 17: Be careful with your old ass out there in the heat like that, trying to do manual labor. It is brutally hot, and you're not a seasoned concrete guy sitting in your condition.
Speaker 16: Studio all the time. It's dangerous. It's a dangerous game you're playing everybody, Uh, just looking out for you. I love you, brother.
Speaker 3: Thank you breaching.
Speaker 18: It's guys, Christina Fromberbard County here. I just want to tell you guys, thank you so much for the recommendation on watching the Obsession movie. That movie was hands down crazy creepy. It was such a good movie. Everybody needs to go out and see that. You guys are awesome. Love listening to you guys.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 18: Definitely a good recommendation.
Speaker 2: Than you day Emily back end to the day.
Speaker 3: Hey, happy Monday everyone. Yeah, another week.
Speaker 19: I've made a critical error in judgment. Back in about March or April, I bought a PlayStation five. Haven't really messed with it. Saturday I tried Red Dead Redemption, and Sunday I sat down at ten am and ended up playing for about six or eight hours non stop. Yes, so thanks a lot, Jack and Jimmy, give it a shot.
Speaker 3: I think he's gonna blame it on me.
Speaker 2: No, he said, give it a shot. Yeah, I don't want to sit for eight hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know not.
Speaker 2: But with it an addictent personality, and I do have a tiny bit of that.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man.
Speaker 9: Oh, but then just having that outlet that you know, I'm gonna go be a cowboy, get it on sale. I may anyway for a seven six one four one seven seven, you know all zero three one. Fun is your three o'clock keyword? What it's better? On Sunday yesterday I sent them a text. Today's the last day fourteen ninety nine my PlayStation store and not the Xbox store.
Speaker 3: We were gone most of the day.
Speaker 6: Day.
Speaker 3: We were going most of the day. Yeah, killing yourself in the heat.
Speaker 2: No, well, I was only out there for a few hours. Look, we went to Ikea yesterday. When the last time you went to Ikea, Guys, it was a few months back.
Speaker 3: I went.
Speaker 2: But let's you charged admission to Akia.
Speaker 3: It's so weird, it's you gotta go, you gotta go.
Speaker 2: I think we go once a year, just cauz like I feel like it's But we're actually looking for some things moving before, for a closet that we're thinking about doing, so we went up there to kind of check it. You can find that stuff online, but unless you kind of look at it, you don't really have the scope of what it's like. So you could go up there and they have everything set up, and I mean the people who designed these rooms and you all buy him, are like, I wouldn't move into that and I would live right there in that room.
Speaker 9: Because you can imagine. It's like, oh, that's what you can do with it. Yeah, and then it creates that idea. But last time I went, I was with someone who wanted to get out of there fast.
Speaker 3: Oh no, you can never get out of there fast. What way do you go? Forward or backwards? And there's only one you gotta go through it.
Speaker 7: And it's a great spot though, for ideas if you want to do tiny living or if you're putting like a living dorm living. Yeah, absolutely, And that's.
Speaker 2: Exactly what Tory says. She goes, look, man, if you had a tiny house and you weren't at a Kia building that thing out for like storage and and just comfort and cool, you can And again I mean, look here's the thing. We've had some Ikia stuff. It's it's okay, yeah, you know, you put it together. It is what it is, right right, But man, it is like very affordable. They make it. They make those prices. Like when you walk by there, you're like, well, I wasn't looking for this, I know, but all of a sudden I think I need it.
Speaker 9: With something that's like, oh, that'll hold empty plastic shopping bags on a cuban, and I still have it today.
Speaker 2: You walk by this, you're telling me I could buy all that for like fourteen ninety nine.
Speaker 3: Why did it seem stupid not to get it? That's a collar coil the brush. How could you not buy it?
Speaker 2: And I saw him. I knew executly what you're about. By the way, did not buy one thing. Walk through the entire store and got my shopping cart.
Speaker 3: Jack.
Speaker 2: No, I was walking through there and I didn't have anything in it because we didn't know what we were gonna get. So you just grab a cart cauz and I pulled it up to the side and about you guys. And I do this in grocery stores as well. When I'm going to browse around and I don't want to just carry my buggy because there's always a bunch of people. I'll find like an end cap that has something that nobody's buying, and I'll just park it in front of that end cap because I know the chances of somebody coming up there and getting that are going to be none, so I can move on. So I part my cart in front of these end Captain. The lady walked up and she had too much stuff in her little carry bag, and she just dumped it in my cart and walked off.
Speaker 3: You didn't have asked for nothing. You didn't have one thing in the cart, that's what it is.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, yes, somebody just abandoned it there.
Speaker 2: I should have put your person in Costco. Huh you do that in Costco? No, no, before you say another word. You're walking through Costco with your wife. You guys have picked a bunch of things. You're like, oh, I didn't men get this stuff. You see an empty cart in the aisle, you just walk up to that and put your stuff in it?
Speaker 5: No way, dude.
Speaker 3: Where have I clipped the cart before? Uh? Yeah, no, no, yeah, you don't know. No, no that don't look around. We're right there.
Speaker 2: I was from me to the TV from it. I was fifteen feet away from it, dude. And they didn't even look around. They walked in and just bumping their stuff in and then sat in the basket down in the middle of the aisle, walked away.
Speaker 9: Man from heaven, she has a little divine intervention for that lady.
Speaker 3: And she knew it was your cart, which is why she didn't look around.
Speaker 2: And we pulled in and we're like, well, how many people could be at Ikea? It's Sunday afternoon at like, God almighty put my four point thirty and everybody in Windermere was in Ikea.
Speaker 5: For that day.
Speaker 2: Guess what I was in Costco yesterday? Never again?
Speaker 3: I always say this every time am I going the weekend?
Speaker 20: I go?
Speaker 3: Never again. On the weekend.
Speaker 9: It was madness. It was absolute, absolute madness. I had to wait fifteen minutes to get a hot dog.
Speaker 3: Did you really, oh, Jack? That might have been the best hot dog I had in past ten years. It was perfect. It was perfect, Jackson Relish Lustard, Jack, I haven't had a soda three days. It was a dollar fifty yards. It was so good.
Speaker 9: And then when I came out, it was like a downpour. It was craziness. Yet, oh the chaos.
Speaker 7: God, we're just about to get hit with that weather earlier. But honestly, Jack, I thought Jimmy was going to cry.
Speaker 3: Earlier.
Speaker 7: He looked at me and he said, I haven't ann asoda in three days. Oh, and then he had sad eyes.
Speaker 2: I have said, soul. I mean, I am Jones and dude, like when you when you have a little bit of a problem with that thing, and it is not the caffeine because I drink coffee. It's that bubbly, fizzy, little sting in your nose that I can't get away with.
Speaker 7: And we'll be going to break in about three minutes, and I predict you'll be in there getting a pesty.
Speaker 9: The Seltzer drink thing, the non alcoholic Seltzer drink thing is also something that has exploded, like the Lacroix and things like that. Have you thought about kind of transitioning I'm going to Yeah, I'm gonna, I know the only kind of transition in Yeah, I do have to.
Speaker 2: I don't have a choice. I mean, I gotta do it. So but I have to also start incorporating splenda into my life. Is that that's the best sugar substitute, right is splenda? Because I think, isn't splenda actually made from like from like it's a derivative of sugar, So it's not complete, isn't it? Heard one, I've heard negative things about every artificial So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would.
Speaker 7: I would talk to our nutritionists that we have on staff, you know, Sarah Giha and ask her what would be the best natural because you're definitely gonna want to also avoid anything with a lot of chemicals in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, except for soda. God, it's killing me, guys, it is He'll.
Speaker 3: Well then, no, you can't have a pet. Go over there and have a lacroix.
Speaker 2: It's affecting my mood.
Speaker 3: I had.
Speaker 9: I had a little uh soda last night with a slice of pizza with me.
Speaker 3: It was freaking heavy.
Speaker 6: For me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah for me. Are you a Coca Cola guy?
Speaker 3: Oh no, oh this is gonna be fun coke zero?
Speaker 2: Oh that's right. Yeah, why even do it? Because why even drink it? Because it's preferred? It's not preferred.
Speaker 3: No, it's too sweet that stuff you drink that the full sugar.
Speaker 7: Somebody just texted us at seven seven zero three one. Just saw a video on social media a young lady dip a stick of butter and doctor pepper, and I thought of Jimmy.
Speaker 8: Oh god, oh god, it hurts so good. Oh yeah, she ate the butter all right?
Speaker 2: Four O seven nine one text us at seven seven zero three one. You know, we can never get our fingers on what these people in these younger generations are doing. We can never do that right. We as try as we as we might, we can never figure him out. Add this to the list. Millennials are trying to bring this back, and I have to tell you.
Speaker 3: Better not be shoulder passed after retrospect.
Speaker 2: It's in that world. It's not a it's not something you wear, but it was in that realm of time. I'll tell you what it is next.
Speaker 5: Happy Monday, y'all.
Speaker 21: So Jack talking about the Glazzies at Costco. I thought that Jim was super distraught about the Glizzies until I realized it was about the soda. But here's the problem.
Speaker 5: The coke zero in diet coke.
Speaker 21: Right, I've been in the service industry for a long time, and people that get coke zero diet cokes have about five to everybody else's one.
Speaker 5: Regular coke. Doesn't work like that. Love you guys, Thank you, buddy, Jimmy.
Speaker 3: You can get off soda. I promise you. You can do it.
Speaker 22: You've just got to replace it with something else. I was tired of getting empty calories via soda. Now I just treat myself with the soda. I have maybe one coke zero a day with dinner and it's a nice little treat for me. But the way I did it was I wanted to replace it with water. I cannot stand the taste of just plain, old, bland water. Liquid death. Liquid death has so many flavors. You will find something that you like and they are buddly.
Speaker 3: So you got that. Thanks. Yeah.
Speaker 23: Absolutely forbidden from eating any of those unnatural sugars. They're bad for you. Sugar is good for you. Try this thing eating one meal a day. It takes a little while to get used to, but one meal a day, a cup of coffee and dinner, and you'll lose what you need to lose without having to resorts to oh horrible fat free sugar free stuff.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be miserable, gonna be already is miserable today.
Speaker 2: And that person just called you were as rich. H go to real radio out of him and send that away for your chance. Thousand bucks rich. That is your word, guys, go get them money. I'm jim Devin Jacker here as well.
Speaker 3: Yo. Just a lot of people loving you and just wanted to make sure.
Speaker 9: You're by the way, I love a talk back that starts with Jimmy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'm a mother. Uh yeah, Well you guys, By the way, you can keep sending in your sugar replacement ideas because I'll take them. Somebody send a word and I don't even know Stevia Noll or whatever.
Speaker 9: I don't know that one. There's another one. There's that's a natural thing that was talked about. No, monk fruit, that's it. Monk fruit. I think that's the one that's supposedly the best sweet out there.
Speaker 2: I just got to cut back on carbs and sugars, that's it. I mean, I got I got some blood sugar issues I need to take care of. Yeah, yeah, yeah, want to make sure I handle it all right? Seven seven zero three one. That's how you call us? Text us easily at seven seven zero three one. Again, your four o'clock keyword is rich Emily the movie girl coming up at about twenty minutes or so. All right, Millennials are trying to make this cool again? Or no, well, let me say this millennials. Millennials are trying to make this cool. I would say that if you were caught. How can I say this and not give it away? Because I mean, the minute I say that word, it's gonna be a dead giveaway. Usually pack sack would not be caught dead one of these. And now now they're becoming the thing. Millennial parents are changing their minds about this play pen.
Speaker 9: Oh nooo, the harness, the poos thing that you carry the baby back, that you put the baby in.
Speaker 2: What if I told you it was a vehicle, then van vans are coming back, baby, really? Yeah, dude, millennials love mini vans. Now, remember if you were in a mini van that says, I mean you just basically might as well just put on a chastity belt.
Speaker 3: No, you were done.
Speaker 7: No, that would be the mini van that the man tricked out with great rims and wheels, with a great stereo system, with that right arm hanging out like trying to get back.
Speaker 2: Is yeah, but that's kind of what the new ones are. Everybody's like going crazy about this one by Kia Kia. I guess has this one?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 2: This one mini van, the Carnival, the Kia Carnival. Okay, and apparently it is crazy cool fourteen inch screens in the back of the headrest so that the people who are in the back seats like have a full blown like TV screen to watch.
Speaker 3: All right, let's check this out.
Speaker 2: Like cup holders, eighteen cup holders and basically one of the moms turned in one. And it's like a.
Speaker 9: Moving living room, they say, And they are loving these things. I mean, like, like, listen, I get it. I'm guilty of it as well. But do we need more screen tone?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 2: No, no we don't. We don't need more screen time. You're right one hundred percent. But I gotta tell you, dude, I drive my little pickup, my little pickup truck around and I love my little pickup truck, but my pickup truck doesn't have like enough storage. My golf bag has to always be my back seat, which means, you know, there's there's no room for anything else. I don't want to put a topper on it, or a bed cover, any of that ridiculousness.
Speaker 3: Are you talking about getting a minivan? It this doesn't look like a traditional minivan. Oh, then you gotta pull your tube socks all the way up when you wear them with your sandals. I would absolutely rock a minivan.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you I had, you know, back like crisis, but back when the kids were young, we had one, and it's a reversements I know. It was the greatest thing ever you tried getting kids in and out of it like a sedan.
Speaker 3: It sucked.
Speaker 2: And God forbid, you have an suv that only has two doors. That thing my wife drives only has two doors. You have to work for certain neusula to get in the backseat of that damn thing. I'm not joking.
Speaker 3: You know that it has a suicide door on the sideway. Nice.
Speaker 2: The one we had before was a Grand Caravan. It was like a Dodge thing and both of the sides would open up like that automatic door, so the whole became like an open air living room. You know, Oh my god, pulling around kids, you know, you rarely need it for more than two people.
Speaker 7: Young people are gonna ask if the sir, would you like us to take your car back?
Speaker 3: It's money, It says, what are you doing? What are you doing with your life?
Speaker 2: This to over station wagons like and people are like, oh, what's the mom cards a soccer mom car. Now that millennials are getting into that world where their kids are like, you know, they're having kids now like our boy Ross and they are mini van crazy's.
Speaker 3: Ah, you're not a millennial and you're not having kids. Here's here's the these things are dope though.
Speaker 18: Jack.
Speaker 7: Look at him, man, look look at the transformation. We've got Jack over there.
Speaker 2: You don't got a stereo, can get one of those things.
Speaker 7: Truck like me slowly but surely turning into a cowboy.
Speaker 14: Let's go.
Speaker 3: We've got one pop.
Speaker 7: Hoop over here with his you know, ice cold Lacroix and his mini van with his tube socks pulled all.
Speaker 3: The way up. I'm not sure what kind of sweeteners.
Speaker 2: Guy says here, because one millennial mom confessed quote, I never in a million years thought that this would come out of my mouth, but I'm really starting to romanticize about having a mini van, Like having all that space and all it did. It's so much easier that life is easier in a minivan. I look, and the lady's saying this, like has a pathfinder right now, like she has an SUV. The theory, you know, you look at it, like, well, there's plenty of room in this thing. Man, At a minivan, you can walk around.
Speaker 3: It's like an RV. All you need is more space.
Speaker 2: To oh yeah, that thing filled up with Look I would I would get a minivan and it would actually wind up having less room than my truck. Has now even in my golf bag. I got a buddy that drives one. Like up in p Town. I got a buddy he's like, and he's a cool guy, Like you're a cool guy, and he drives. He calls it the Silver Bullet. He drives an old Dodge minivan and loves it, dude, because he's had so much room for all of his junk and stuff he wants to carry around.
Speaker 7: Well, somebody just texted us seven seven zero three one and rented a minivan for a road trip and it was life changing.
Speaker 3: Legit, next two cars bought. We're vans, no, dude, it says right here.
Speaker 2: And they're four thousand dollars cheaper than an suv that is kind of equally tricked out, four grand cheaper.
Speaker 3: One of the as a team.
Speaker 9: Before I could drive, one of the cars I always wanted was like a full sized van you would convert. Oh yeah, my brother in law did that at the time, and I'd watch him. I mean, like a sprinter van kind of thing. Right, Well, this was full size at the time. We're talking the seventies. Oh yeah, right yeah. But I was driving a sprinter van over the weekend and I was like, you could. This would be handy.
Speaker 3: You could turn it into a mini house.
Speaker 7: Well, who was the guy in to that that used to do the conversion vans.
Speaker 3: I want to sell you a van, dude.
Speaker 2: What I used to rep for Thurstons back in the day for people who've been listening for a short period of time whatever. Your first clients was a used car dealer over in Maitland as Thurston Juice Cars, and part of our hookup was we would get a new car like every once in a while and we just drive it around. I didn't own a vehicle for like four years. I just basically drove what they had for a couple of weeks. I'd take it back. Well, one of the weeks I got one of those like tricked out Chevy vans, but it was a modern one with all of the stuff. It just so happened. That was two thousand and four when the hurricanes rolled through and we slept in that van. Oh and it was way comfortable, no problem, big tv ac. I think it even had a little fringe the whole nine yards.
Speaker 3: I was I'm like you Jack. As a kid, I was like, oh, I would love a van with the seats.
Speaker 2: In the bag and you push a button, Depp in the backseat turns into a bed. Because at the time you're so I'm still living at home. It was like a rolling clubhouse exactly exactly. You had to place to hang out. So the average transaction for a minivan in June of twenty twenty six, just this past a month was forty eight nine oh eight. That's less than the average for a car, which is forty nine seven fifty eight. So even I know it's only a couple hundred bucks, they're actually cheaper than an average vehicle, like a a Sedan eighty thousand dollars for full sized sub right now, it's literally almost half the price.
Speaker 7: So you're talking yourself into it, kind of like that pepsi are now drinking.
Speaker 2: I don't know, dude, but I'm gonna tell you know, I don't know, man. Would you would you be upset if I had a minivan?
Speaker 6: Buddy?
Speaker 9: Well, it's just I don't know if I'm more upset than you're drinking pepsi or that you're thinking about a minivan.
Speaker 2: I could wrap it with show stuff and Russ has done that for years.
Speaker 3: I don't think. I don't.
Speaker 7: Let's just speat it this way, you will never be able to look at Jack's car and tell him that he drives a dad car. Now, when you're rolling up in a mini van.
Speaker 3: This is hard for me to say.
Speaker 2: But you're cooler than that, This is easy for me to say. Now, all right, four oh seven, I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 14: That you can do it.
Speaker 3: You don't need that.
Speaker 9: What do you all you have to do is really transport golf clubs. Really, that's it, right?
Speaker 23: No?
Speaker 2: I mean what else when we had I can't We can never take my vehicle because I only have the little Doodoo pickup truck. And if we have more than like two, three or four people, which we have because they've got like fifteen thousand kids. And when we do something together, you know, we'd only take one cars, like fifteen cars.
Speaker 3: Telling you, dude, telling you, dude, why don't you just get an old school station Wagon? Oh god, oh.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, they'd get a Volvo, an old Volvo. I think they still make station Wagon.
Speaker 2: Seven forty, the turbo one from back in the day there was a ball or right like suber.
Speaker 9: Ue, that's kind of a wagon, doesn't mean it does.
Speaker 2: I immediately to buy mountains shoos and cut my hair short four A seven nine four one texts seven seven zero three one eminently the movie Girl up next.
Speaker 3: Jimmy, sir, you can do this.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 24: That soda is junk broa, no good. Just think every twelve ounce can is at least the equivalent of twelve teaspoons of raw sugar. You can kick it, man, Get off that crap. And sister dab oh, sorry to hear you had the in flight turbulence from your fast food.
Speaker 5: The other have a show you guys.
Speaker 3: Got heard that one. Jimmy, you're trying to mark around the sugars. You know, sugar gets you going, gets you hopped up. I mean we've met before.
Speaker 25: Just do the do the cocaine. Okay, cocaine, we did it before together, remember that. No, just uh it makes it happen. So I just you know, just you don't do a lot of it.
Speaker 3: A little bit to jim that all right, No talk with you, buddy, part.
Speaker 2: Your fourth like you were just rich r I c H. Go to a real radio dot FM and send that away from your chance at one thousand dollars. Welcome back on, Jim, there's dead Bello. Emily the movie girl.
Speaker 5: Her name is Emily. She likes movies. She's a girl.
Speaker 1: It's time for Emily the movie girl on the Jim Colbert Show, the Movie Guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the way you can see Emily on our feet on YouTube if you want to do that. Jim Colbert Live dot com or Real Radio dot FM, slash and watch. How are you doing, young lady?
Speaker 26: I am amazing, Jim.
Speaker 3: How are you doing great?
Speaker 2: You look amazing today. I gotta tell you your whole your whole setup is unreal today, like everything matches perfectly, your skin color is shown case. You look amazing today.
Speaker 15: Is that that to say?
Speaker 5: No, not at all.
Speaker 26: Thank you all. Take the compliment. And also it's because I'm recording my first podcast episode late today. Yes, yes, so I'm gonna plug it.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 26: It's called the Cinema Social Collective. Follow us everywhere and I'm very very excited.
Speaker 2: Sound very nice.
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, Emily drops by every Monday around this time to kind of review some movies.
Speaker 3: Go over. Obviously, last week Odyssey was this was the talk of the week. It still is.
Speaker 2: I mean, it still did great. Another eighty seven million dollars this weekend for the audis.
Speaker 26: I don't know if you look at the numbers for that graz.
Speaker 2: That's his biggest second weekend ever, I believe for Christopher Nolan. Wow, which is wild. You would think Batman would have done that well. But that's what I read this morning. Eighty four point seven million dollars on the second weekend.
Speaker 26: With Batman rated ar No, the Batman, yes, radedar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 26: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And uh so I didn't see any didn't see anything else this week? Oh my god, I did. Can we start it off with a complete dud? Yes, this is going to absolutely crush your soul. I'm sure, But don't go see seventy two hours with Kevin Hart and Cam Patterson, who's a local.
Speaker 3: He's in the movie.
Speaker 26: Was wait, this is an actual movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's called seventy two hours?
Speaker 26: Was it seventy two hours long? Did I feel like it was hour?
Speaker 2: I felt like seventy two? Stabs to my face?
Speaker 26: Oh no, it was pretty bad.
Speaker 27: Oh.
Speaker 2: Kevin Hart is a marketing guy. He's got a land to big client, and he's got to do it in seventy two hours, and he's got to learn how the youth work in today's society. So he hooks up with an old body of his, but they're all twenty years younger than him, and they go to Miami a party so that he can take notes on what young people like so he can go land this client. And Cam Patterson, which is a local Orlando comic who made it onto SNL who's an SNL cast member. He's also in the movie as well.
Speaker 10: And the.
Speaker 2: Hispanic guy that's blowing up from SNL right now, Marcello. Yeah, he's like the second guy in.
Speaker 3: The movie, and he's he's really good.
Speaker 2: He's fun in the Wells Fargo commercial.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, but the movie is terrible. Dang.
Speaker 26: Okay, well I'll skip it. Ye, I'll save myself some brain cells.
Speaker 2: So what do you have first this week?
Speaker 26: Well, I'm also about to save you some brain cells because the first movie I'm going to talk about was one of the worst movies I've seen so far this year.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 26: It's called Her Private.
Speaker 2: Hell, Her Private Hell, yep, and was just for my wife.
Speaker 26: No, this really was My Private Hell. Though it was just a bad showing all around. But the director it's by Nicholas Windy Refin, and I was like, he sounds really familiar. So I looked up and he has done it. He did Drive I want to say that was in twenty ten or twenty eleven.
Speaker 3: That was a really good.
Speaker 26: Movie though it was, it was, And then I think it was like twenty sixteen he did The Neon Demon, which also, I mean is kind of a cult classic. So knowing that I went into it other than knowing who the director was, and then I knew Sophie Thatcher was in it. That was all and based off the trailers, you don't really know. I don't really understand what it's about.
Speaker 2: But that's kind of the cool new thing, isn't it. Right, Like a lot of these studies are making these movies for like a few million bucks or whatever. That's the thing. We just talked about this with Obsession a couple of weeks ago. You're like, you don't really know anybody in the cast.
Speaker 26: No, this well, Sophie Thatcher is a big scream queen.
Speaker 2: No, I understand that. What I'm saying, is it?
Speaker 3: That's it?
Speaker 28: Oh?
Speaker 26: No, there was. Charles Milton is in it as well, and someone that I was like, why what is he doing here? Was And the thing is he's only in the movie for like two minutes. Is de Gray skot oh, yeah, which is a deep cup for me. But ever After it was one of my favorite movies and he's the prince in that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I was.
Speaker 26: Like, oh my gosh, it's Prince Henry from ever After and then he leaves like two minutes into the movie. Henry, come back, Please come back. But I wish I could tell you what it was about. Uh, I don't think they knew what it was about.
Speaker 2: It's is it a horror movie?
Speaker 26: No, but it's also rated are I literally, I'm not kidding you. I wrote this down in real time. I said, it's a seventy space lesbian porno fever dream.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm in. Then we're gonna get Diggs.
Speaker 26: So like, esthetically, yeah, I gave this two stars. I'll just say that off the bat, I gave it one star because I loved the cinematography and the lighting, and I really enjoyed the score. Everything else beyond that.
Speaker 2: Trash, trash dialogue, acting, trash, everything trash.
Speaker 26: I don't want to fault the actors too much. I think it was just the story, the lack of story. It's this sort of it follows Sophie Thatcher and honestly, you don't know. She's a human or whatever or weird space girl.
Speaker 3: Don't know.
Speaker 2: But we've seen that work before, right, We've seen this work in a major movie, Bogonia. Yes, Yeah, we've seen this happen before. Like they've taken a major star and turned that idea into a really cool, interesting movie where you didn't really know until the very end.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 26: I did really love Bogonia. That was one of my spirits last year. But that wasn't the point of this movie. That The point is, you don't there was nothing grounded, and I don't know who these characters are.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 26: I also don't mind when a story kind of drops you in the middle of things and then you kind of figure it out as you go. But there was no resolution, I think. But there's Gray Scott kind of plays I think his name is like Henry something, which is kind of funny that that you know he played a Henry. But everybody, it's all these other women in this like weird space man with him, and everybody calls him daddy, and it's like, okay, well is he your actual dad? It's just the weird Is this a weird trafficking situation? I don't know. And there's this lore of this. I think they call him the leather Man, of this leather man that praise on young women and murders them. And the only way you can kill this leather man is if you cut off his hands where he has these crazy gloves on. And really that's kind of it's the only bit of story we get.
Speaker 3: Was this release?
Speaker 2: Was this a theater release?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 26: Yes?
Speaker 2: What's the rotten tomatoes on this movie?
Speaker 3: Jack?
Speaker 9: And I'm looking it's got four point nine out of ten on IMDb rate.
Speaker 26: Okay, that's shocking to me because, yeah, a bill splat. And it's such a shame because I think, for the most part, I enjoy what I've seen otherwise from that director. And again on paper, I was like, this is going to be fun, but it was not good.
Speaker 2: It was not was the private hell the home and that that being in that scenario, was that the whole idea of the story was supposed to be around one of the girls that's in the in that home or something.
Speaker 26: It follows Sophie Thatcher, who's kind of one of the girls in this home, and everything is really cryptid after that. It does kind of have this this big flashback scene where I thought the reveal was going to be that this gentleman that you're following is the leather man. No, no, it's not. Else It was so odd to me.
Speaker 3: All right, Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: My private hell is a no go.
Speaker 3: Her private hell is a no go, her private hell.
Speaker 26: That was my hell. I say, I saved you the time.
Speaker 3: Well, I appreciate that very much. Well, I bean.
Speaker 2: The thing is, that's something my wife would just kind of tune into and watch because it looks okay from this, you know, from the from the thing, you know, from the trailer and stuff.
Speaker 3: Which is in the theater or Netflix.
Speaker 26: This was in the theaters.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, stud you got to see it.
Speaker 26: Yeah, I spent my own evening to go see it.
Speaker 2: And you're own money. That'll be in your textion.
Speaker 26: Well it was well, I had my INCA a list so pro math, pro math. It was free, but I still used one of my reservations. I had gone to see the odisty again what you did already?
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 26: Yes, I did see that a second time in IMAX again with my with with my family. I know, you see you haven't seen it yet, so I'm really interested on hearing your perspective on things when you two see it, I'm.
Speaker 2: Dine to see We're all going to see it this weekend. Actually playing to see it this weekend. But the problem was is my wife's friend had a her stepdad got sick and had to go to the hospital. She was there for her, so we didn't get to see it the day we wanted to see it. So we'll go to see it this weekend for sure. But I definitely we'll see it this weekend.
Speaker 26: It's not going anywhere yeh, yeah, it's going anywhere else.
Speaker 11: Yes.
Speaker 26: Okay, So the second thing I watched this weekend and I'm really excited to talk with you about it. I know you didn't see the pro Shop, but you have seen this musical is the Hades Town Music called. Yes. I have really been looking forward to this pro Shop for a while. There has been this really interesting surgeons or resurgeons with these musical pro shots making their way to theaters for a limited amount of time.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you to really take a quick second and explain what pro shot means so that people understand what that means.
Speaker 26: Yeah, of course. So a pro shot is when a typically it's a Broadway musical sometimes it's west End, like for instance, this was technically filmed in the West End. Is shot kind of like a movie, right with multiple camera shots.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 26: Yeah, it's a multiicam professional pro shop, professionally shot production live of the stage show. So this pro shot was filmed over two days last year when they were it was all of the all or most of the original cast. I think maybe some of the ensemble members were a little different. But the original core members of the original Broadway cast went to west End for a short I think it was maybe two or three months, and then they did this pro shot for two days. There's also been this uptick in pro shots because west End has different Union roles than Broadway does. That's why it's way more difficult for pro shots on Broadway to get done. However, I'm really happy that this happened, that all the stars aligned to make this work. Another fun tidbit and I went with a few people that hadn't seen the show before, is that Patrick Page who plays Hades in He was the original Hades and he was a Hades in the pro shot. He tore his achilles tendon less than two weeks before the pro shot happened. They were in rehearsals and he tore his achilles. You can't and he was like, I'm not missing this, Yeah, what do you do? They had a special casing, like a custom casing around his own cast that was black and meshed with his outfit, and then he had a cane and he modified what he needed to on the stage. Yeah, but it actually really.
Speaker 3: Worked well with his character.
Speaker 26: It didn't deter from the show in any way in my opinion, And truly, I think that's just an example of the testament to you know, the show must go on right, because he could have verily eat very easily been like I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Guys, and I'm gonna tell you something else about the pro shots. It's interesting because the pro shots do not get enough credit and and for people who are thinking, oh, it's just watching a play on TV, it is far from that. And if you want to get an idea of what it's like, is like some really big bands will actually pay for a pro shot for a giant show they have, And you can go and search, you know, your favorite band and do and just type in pro shot and it'll show you if they've ever done a show where they've had it pro shot before, and it is a completely different experience than watching any footage from any big concert, and usually only the biggest fans do it because it's expensive to do. But those those particular shows, when you find them on YouTube, are a real like treat because it's amazing. The sound is perfect, everything looks great. It's edited down perfectly by pros, so it feels like you're watching a movie of your favorite concert, which is what I see with the pro shots with the Broadway shows.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 26: Actually that's a perfect example, because I think the one that most people have probably seen as of late is Taylor Swift's The Aras Tour. Yes, that that is considered a pro shot. It's a filmed concert, so it's the same thing but for a stage show, and there were some really interesting cinematography things. I've seen the show live twice. I had the amazing privilege to see the original cast in twenty nineteen, it was shortly after they won all their Tonies, and then I saw the tour. I think it was about three years ago when it came through or here in Orlando. Yeah, amazing, exactly. I've loved it every time, and this I loved just as much. Just in a different way.
Speaker 23: It gives.
Speaker 26: It gives a different perspective because you really felt like you were on stage with them.
Speaker 2: Did you see Haiti Sam when it came in, Jack, Yeah, Yeah, I've.
Speaker 3: Seen it twice at Doctor Phillips.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Which one did you see? The one that was just a couple of years back, the racent one, and then the one night you went to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and when I came in, that kind of thought the same thing, because I do have interesting taste in certain things, right, And you didn't think I like it. It was one of my favorite shows of that entire year. Actually, it was amazing. I thought it was amazing. The writing was great, the music is unbelievable, and the characters that played the characters for that particular cast nailed it. I mean they nailed it. It was so good, so vibe it was great.
Speaker 26: I love it. It's such a great ensemble piece. Yeah, and it's one of those I mean, I'm a musical theater person. I got my degree in musical theater. It's what I do for a living. So I definitely may be a bit biased, but Hyadestown is one of those shows that makes you realize why you love theater, right, so I think it's also a great introductory piece for anyone that hasn't seen a musical. So if you haven't seen a musical, pro shot. Actually, so it's it's only in theaters I think through today, but it's available for pre order on Apple TV, so you can watch it from home eventually when it comes out, but you can pre order it. I highly suggest you do. So I'm going to be buying it because I want to just have that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right on, that's awesome. Yeah, yeah, so I'll check that out. Haiti's Town and.
Speaker 26: I gave it five stars.
Speaker 2: You're giving five stars everything now now three things, three Obsession, the Odyssey, and and Haities. And by the way, just before you came in, we had a talk back that said that they took our recommendation and saw Obsession and thought it was one of the best movies they've seen. So, I mean, it's a really really good movie. I'm that ending I'll never get I mean, I may watch that movie again just because the ending was so good.
Speaker 26: I love it so much. This is just a little old ted bet So. Because this is like an indie film, all of a lot of the costumes and such. They were easily they were either thrifted or easily able to find online, so I was able to find after a hefty re stock the screen accurate top and her shorts that Nicky wears in the party scene. So I'm gonna wear that for a That's cool, I'm gonna wear it. I've decided i want an Obsession themed birthday party this year. I'm gonna where that. I'm listening. Give me those like chocolate pretzel rods, one wish willows. Okay, I've got it. Okay, I'm very listen. This is my Sinners this year, so I'm just gonna ride this high.
Speaker 2: You're writing this kind of what it is, right, It is kind of like that.
Speaker 15: It is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every year has that one breakout horror movie, and this is that. This is Sinners. You're that's a complete nail.
Speaker 26: Oh yeah, well, and I think Sinners just surprised me so much. I'm not a horror person, but it's just what defied the genre. And then Obsession of course, very different movie from Sinners, but again it defied that genre for me. And I think anything that surprises me and makes me enjoy something I wouldn't typically enjoy automatic one for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they change the ending of horror movies all together with that Obsession movie, because I mean, you just don't see that coming. You forget, and they foreshadow it a little bit, but you don't really think about it because so many other things in the movie are going on. Then when that instant moment happens and you go oh oh, and then it goes to black, You're like, oh, they got me. I had no idea that was coming. But it's perfect. Man, It's it's such a great flip. Man, it is so good. What do you have coming up first next week?
Speaker 26: So next week I'm going to talk about Spider Man brand new Day. I'm very excited. And then I also again want to plug that I have a podcast coming out. It's coming out August fourth. It's called Cinema Social Collective. I'm literally going straight from here to record my first episode. I'm very excited for you guys to hear it. It's gonna be a lot of fun, very good.
Speaker 2: Anything out there in the streaming world that you could like, you know that you're watching you're paying attention to.
Speaker 3: No, no, nothing down.
Speaker 26: There, Nope, Nope. I was. I was busy this weekend with those two and I saw Odyssey, Yeah, very good.
Speaker 2: What's the what is the next big movie? I mean, I know that usually they have big summer blockbusters, but usually around Christmas they'll have something that's coming out. Is there anticipated flick? We're waiting on Spider Man? Spider Man's I think.
Speaker 26: That's probably the next big one. And then the other really really big ones this year is Dune Part three and Doomsday really yeah, and that's not until December.
Speaker 2: And then I'm gossling. I think announced today that he is going to be the part of Marvel. Yeah, part of Marvel he's doing He's going to be ghost writer.
Speaker 3: Yeah or something.
Speaker 26: I think the lore has been going on for that for years. There's this one interviewer has been like, so what are you going to do it? And I think he may be caught on a little too early, and so any anytime you go back and look look at those interviews, now he's like that next question, yeah, yeah, But.
Speaker 2: I guess he that's his favorite Marvel Marvel character and he's wanted to do it for a while. He actually said this has kind of been been talked about for many years now, but I guess now's the opportunity to do it. Look, they've milked every other Marvel character as much as they possibly can. They might they might as well roll out the B sides. And he's never been bigger. Yeah, you know me, I think he's the best actor we have gone right now. I think he's the most electric actor we have going right now.
Speaker 26: I think so too. And he's a fantastic producer.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Well, one last paceure where we get out here because I heard this today? Are you a who is? I want to say her first name is Laura and I can never remember her last name, but she's in the American horror series.
Speaker 26: Hmmm, Laura.
Speaker 2: I know I have this wrong, and they call but they called her our best female American actor right now. Oh and it's you know exactly who it is, God dog, She's she's the she's one in all the American horror movies shows, American Horror story. Jack is about to have it right now in five seconds for us.
Speaker 9: No, I'm not going to have it because I'm betting her name is not Laura.
Speaker 26: My first thought was Laura Derne, but she's not in that series.
Speaker 2: I think I have it wrong that Sarah Paul Sarah Paulson, Laura Sarah exactly what I said, Sarah Paulson.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, yeah, they said that Sarah.
Speaker 2: That's close for yeah, yeah that was CLO said that Sarah Paulson was our best actress alive.
Speaker 3: Right now, you agree with that?
Speaker 26: I think it's subjective.
Speaker 3: Who do you like out there?
Speaker 2: I mean, who like when you see that, when you see a name attached to a movie, Who do you like? What do you pay attention to?
Speaker 26: I'm you usually going to say whatever I'm hyper fixating on, so I'll say right now. And Hathway And Hathway, she nailed her role in Odyssey, and that's who immediately comes to mind.
Speaker 2: How about directors?
Speaker 3: Do you watch?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 2: I'm a Cohen Brothers freak and a Wes Anderson freak. I love both of those guys so pretty much anything they make I'll go watch, even if I hear the reviews are bad, like You're Life aquatic kind of movie that didn't hit quite hard for those guys, But I will go see anything by those makers.
Speaker 26: I'd say, more recently, Garmel del Toro, and I also really enjoy Wes Anderson. Even if I don't like all of their movies, I at least appreciate the production value, so I know I'm gonna have a good time when I go to see any of their movies.
Speaker 2: I almost dare myself with Wes Anderson movies because they're so quirky. You almost have to kind of shift into a different gear to watch the movies because you never because nobody ever's there's no high or low, but he manages to make it in the medium, and most of them feature your favorite comedic actor at Norton Junior. Well, Emily, always good seeing you. One more plug for your podcast.
Speaker 26: Yes, cinema social collective. You can follow us on Instagram, TikTok if you're old school in want Gmail. It's in a social collective at gmail dot com. But it'll be launching August fourth. That'll be a first episode.
Speaker 3: Do we have topics for the first episode.
Speaker 26: It's gonna be an intro episode, so kind of they get to know me with me and then my co host Jordan.
Speaker 2: Very nice. Well, good luck with that. We wish you the basis of course, you can plug it anytime you want and you guys give it up. Good line for Emily the movie girl say out there, I will all right four one text to seven seven zero three one back in one second more than Jim Colberg shows Stay put.
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, is Deputy Scott Jimmy. I roll in a mini all day every day. As soon as I pay this one off, I'm gonna go out and buy that exact one.
Speaker 3: You're talking about.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 4: There ain't nothing like rolling around in a mini. It's great for tailgating, great for going to all day's great for everything. I love rolling around on my mini. Hey, if you put the middle seats down, you got the back seat.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I do know what you're saying.
Speaker 2: I have a great day, all right.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 28: If you want to increase the sales minivan, you either a day to make it all electric. It's not you're pretty neat to use, or hell cat engine in it. Make the dads go wild, prob.
Speaker 27: When the Cobra cru beatogs your friend, the neighborhood funeral director here somebody.
Speaker 15: So.
Speaker 27: For the longest time, the funeral homes and funeral service providers always used bigger ton of box vans for the use of transport. Now almost every funeral home around has moved to the minivan for their removals. I was always against some until we got one. I'm a millennial myself, and I'm a big fan of a minivan. Hi, guys, have a good one.
Speaker 2: For body, and I gotta tell you it is very enticing, very enticing, Deborah, Maybe for you, I'm gonna drop it like two inches, put some low pros on it, some nice wheels stereo system.
Speaker 9: What does it say about us now that the three of us dead would be the lea slightly could be caught in the minivan?
Speaker 2: Oh man, if look if I get into the thing, you bride.
Speaker 3: You ride, you ride?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I'd work you rather than that sliding door. All right, Welcome back to the Jim colbra Show, Real Radio four point one.
Speaker 3: Actually the EV point was good.
Speaker 9: I see them that the bus, the the VW bus, kind of new EV bus that could be.
Speaker 2: I've not seen an EV minivan though. Is beat up the only one that has one? Well, I don't know, Actually I did not know.
Speaker 3: I know they do. That's what they're using for the scout system in Seminole Counties.
Speaker 2: Goat they knew U. Yeah. The Kia one that they're talking about is a hybrid. I guess the electric and hybrid lineup part of a revolution. Did you just snore? No, depths trying to keep yourself from laughing because I'm trying to make minivans sound cool and she thinks it can't sound cool.
Speaker 7: No, just I think how many times you've said to Jack, you know your dad car?
Speaker 2: Yeah, people are now asking me what model I'm getting there? But I would get one on a second. I need to pick up truck, though, But I would, I would, I would have no problem. Yeah, I do a little bit.
Speaker 3: You challenged me, You said, why do I need to pick up? You need to pick up?
Speaker 2: I got a bunch of properties going to keep up and stuff. I need it for hauling stuff and pulling trailers and whatnot.
Speaker 3: As were listening and justified buying him any, justify buying justify needing a truck? Yeah, exactly, are you crazy? Get out of here.
Speaker 9: All you have to do is louve your golf clubs.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, plenty of stuff around that thing, other people's other.
Speaker 2: People's golf clubs all this time.
Speaker 3: How do you do that without a tailgate? You pray?
Speaker 2: I got a strap. I run through the little handle there so I didn't fly out, And I did it with my son and my son Still. All he did was looking behind us to make sure's clubs were. I said, I've never lost any things up this one road.
Speaker 7: You know it's Jimmy Still out of all the white pickups, you're like got a tailgate?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's Cot up there.
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, I wanted to mention this. I forgot to mention it to Emily when she was here. Did you guys hear the story about X and Odyssey?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, how crazy is that? Jack?
Speaker 2: Jack didn't hear it?
Speaker 3: Did you? I heard it on the news jacking today.
Speaker 9: It was really about two and a half hours someone released the movie yeah today it did you see how many views it got in those two and a half hours?
Speaker 2: How many people downloaded and watched the movie, which is a couple of million two point one million people in two and a half hours. People realized it and jumped on it and download it was a high res version of the movie.
Speaker 3: Really it was supposed to be like really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a high quality version of the film gathered two point one million views in two and a half hours on Saturday before the account was suspended.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean, could you is that actionable?
Speaker 26: Like?
Speaker 2: How how can they go after this person so raising to be in here today, and I do have something to talk to him about already, but I'm definitely asking about that. I mean, you figure how much is a ticket? I mean, I know that's geography dependent, because if you're in Omaha, a ticket's gonna be way less than in a LA or Miami or even in Orlando. But you figure the average ticket to see this movie's probably fifteen dollars, right, yep, Well you can do the math.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's just I mean that's even more if you're right, Max, heero over twenty now, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: What twenty thirty million dollars or something he could have lost by not by not only having that movie being out two hours. That's insane, man, that is crazy. Somebody should have to I mean somebody should have to. I don't know, I'm the kind of restitution you get for that or whatever. And it's got to be somebody that has access to it, right, I mean, the the suspect list has to be pretty short. I mean, who has access to a high res version of that that they can just dump online.
Speaker 9: So they have a Twitter or X knows the account that did it. Yes, there's got to be someone associated with that account.
Speaker 2: They've already suspended it. I mean, but I don't know. I mean, you to get an x account, you just have to have an email, right, that's it, and then they could track the email back.
Speaker 9: I guess you gotta be careful of people on social Yeah. My niece reached out to me Saturday. Noah Khan was coming near her in North Carolina, and she said she posted that she wanted to go, and someone reached out to her said hey, I got a couple of tickets. Uh oh yeah, and it was like they She's like, yeah, I don't know. It was the price was right, you know, it's about actually it was two hundred a ticket, right, And she's like, I don't know, and they showed her. They sent her a little video of like here are the tickets, and it was a ticket Master account tickets for the show where they selected the seats and she's like, I only need one and she's like, i'll tell you one.
Speaker 3: They sent one.
Speaker 9: She transferred one ticket and then it said there's a problem with the transfer. You can't split the set. You totally can split the set, no problem. So she's like, you know what, my friend, I'll go I'll buy the second one cent her all the money and then that account just disappeared sure enough, yep or twenty bucks gone god yeah.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It says the leak is unlikely to do significant harm to the film's box office performance that earned two hundred and twenty five or two hundred fifteen million around the world and it's second weekend, taking it total to six hundred and forty million dollars. But look, man, I don't know about all that. I think if you ask the people who are producing the movie are financing this, if an extra thirty million would be all right, I bet they'd say yes immediately.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no question. Here's the deal. If I had that, I wouldn't be buying tickets to go see.
Speaker 3: It, yeah right.
Speaker 2: I mean if you had access to do it, yeah, and watching on your TV? Would you have a seventy eight inch TV or something.
Speaker 3: Seventy five relaxed only seventy five?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Four oh seven nine one. We got a fresh keyword for you.
Speaker 3: Comeing up.
Speaker 2: We' see we're gonna talk about on the other side of this hold on one two three, oh yeah, call sheet.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about the next.
Speaker 2: Jim Colbart, who yos I love you guys.
Speaker 29: Anyways, been you know, hearing people talk about Red Dead too, and Jack convinced me to download it and your well, Xbox servers have been down for the last I don't know, fourteen fifteen hours, so I can't even play it.
Speaker 3: Kind of discouraged, man, what's going on?
Speaker 2: We need some uh what answers? Is what you need?
Speaker 9: Well, listen, I don't have the answers, but it's probably I'm guessing people take advantage of that fourteen ninety nine sale to one Jim missed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, how much is it without that sale?
Speaker 9: They said it was like fifty sixty dollars, but I think it's it's you always on sale.
Speaker 2: It's a ten year old game. Yeah, but it's still the best game out there. No, that is your five o'clock keyword. W go to real Radio Dot have him and send that away for your chance at one thousand dollars. Guys, knew is the word caught some small mouths? Bass Digital Fish got four of them. I wasn gonna talk about the call she thing, but I'm not gonna do that. We'll wait till later. Well, come on, Dan, you know I don't want to talk. I mean, I gotta tell you it's about it. It's a little political, so I don't really want to talk about it at all. I mean, call She's Call She's basically allowing you to bet on mid terms, and uh, I just I don't know why that sounds so wild. Uh just the ability to bet money on mid term voting.
Speaker 9: I find that less problematic than a lot of the stuff you can like wildfires.
Speaker 2: That's crazy y. The other thing too, about that was that I found interesting. Let me see if I can find that so Reagan. The other thing about the Call She thing was interesting is is that most people now that are like sports betting and doing this betting thing, they've stopped listening to like professional prognosticators. Man, everybody just goes straight to Call She or Polymarket because people listen. It's exactly what I rag on you a little bit about when it comes to sports, right, Yeah, Jack will have a Yankees game or whatever, and he'll bet against the Yankees because even though he loves the Yankees or the Bucks or whomever he knows.
Speaker 9: Or let's use the Raiders because I bet against the Raiders. I'd never bet against Yankees, but against the Raiders. When you know, they're playing a good team.
Speaker 2: He loves the Raiders, but he also understands the Raiders are probably gonna lose, and and you know he bets on that.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 2: Poly Market and Kolski, the people who are really gambling now they're not really going to people who are like the bookies anymore. They're going straight to the markets because the poly markets are letting people know that, hey, look the money is here, and most people believe this. And it's not like it's not like watching a bunch of NFL guys sit around and think they do what they're talking about. These people are actually putting their money where their mouth is where they're talking about.
Speaker 9: It's basically a poll that gives you the true reflection of how people feel about specific.
Speaker 2: Events one hundred percent, and it's and it's like it makes it so much more interesting. So one of the parts of this story I found unique was a lot of the young millennials and Genexica gen Z guys who are now betting on sports betting a lot. And by the way, they now call sports betting America's favorite pastime. That's how far that's come in just four years, five years that sports betting now is considered America's favorite pastime because it can ellipse baseball or football or tennis or golf or whatever, because basketball, because it's all of those things. You're gambling on all of that. So it's not just one audience. The audience that gambles on baseball could also gamble on football and basketball. So it's America's favorite pastime now, deb gambling on sports.
Speaker 3: Going into debt one at a time.
Speaker 9: As a wise man once said, gambling is a slow moving cultural suicide. Yeah, Scott Brown, Scott Brown. Yeah, put the little work, the little line than Scott Brown. But yeah, just opening this up for election stuff just seems so bizarre. But I mean, I don't know that it's going to affect anything. I mean, how could it affect the outcome of an election? Don't think you can see. And that's the thing is when you are betting things, especially that you have control over, whether it's the White House teleprompt operator or it's a member of the strike team in the Venezuela raid, you.
Speaker 2: Know, or any betting in the military for that matter.
Speaker 9: Yeah, anything you have inside knowledge of or where you can control the outcome is it's just sketchy.
Speaker 2: Yes, very sketchy. So a lot of that betting is going there. That's what the Calshi story was. It's just the fact that they're allowing them to bet online on everything. But I did want to talk about this because I find it interesting. And we do have another story coming up with Ray today. That's a roller coaster story that I think it's going to be kind of interesting as well. Out in La Universal has built another roller coaster and they're testing it and residents can hear the screens pretty loudly. So we get to talk about that with Ray, about public nuisances and how or what you may be able to say or not say when it comes to stuff like that, because I mean here in Orlando, of course, you know, they're always they're always increasing the footprint of these the parks, and they only have so much space to put them. And if you go to Universal Studios here, I mean just outside the gates of Univeral Studios across the street is a neighborhood. Yeah, doctor Phellips High School. Yeah, they had that issue several years ago. Yeah, So we'll talk about that a little bit later, but this one hears this, So let me ask you jack in your world. Right, Let's say you and I are walking down and we're going to a show at the arena, right, and we park like at one of the parking garages, so we have a two or three block walk.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I was standing on the outside and protect you from evil doing. And I appreciate that so much.
Speaker 3: I really no if we do, my hand in his left back pocket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but no interdigitation, Yeah no, none of that. Right, That's what a great word. And that does separate everything doesn't. Because if you hold hands like you're playing uh a red Rover, that's one thing. But if you're if you're interlocking your fingers, that's a totally different machine.
Speaker 15: Wow.
Speaker 3: Is that true?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Anyway, so we're walking there, right, and let's see. Let's say we see Deb as we're walking up, and Deb has a boyfriend that is not Chris. She's not married to the wonderful Chris Carson. She's with some near to Well, this is a creepy guy. And uh, like he's he's getting at her. Oh like he's getting at her. Like he's like handsy, Yeah, he's he's handling her a little bit. Okay, what do you do? I say, Jimmy, take care of that.
Speaker 3: Do you get involved.
Speaker 9: If there's a woman, Yeah, if there's a woman who appears that where it's obvious that.
Speaker 2: Does time of day matter if it's happening in five o'clock in the afternoon as opposed to one o'clock in the morning, Yes, no it doesn't. No, it shouldn't matter.
Speaker 9: It should not matter at all, because if a woman is in distress, do you just say, excuse me?
Speaker 2: Do you need help?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, you know and international sign for trouble, right, yeah, you talk?
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 9: It's like you're just letting your fingers, like closing a fist and opening it. Yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, you talk directly to women? Do you need help?
Speaker 2: Four men, uh in San Francisco tried to break up a fight between a man and a woman, right, and that guy pulled out his gun and shot all four of them. Oh my god. Now they all lived, they are all they're all lived. But this guy, four guys, four guys tried to stop an altercation. This guy was beating up his girlfriend, and figure, oh, we got numbers on this, We got numbers to slide it there and take care of this. And then my man pulls out his piece and starts ripping rounds, and he hits all four of them. Yeah, As the group of goods Samaragans tried to stop the pair from arguing, the man pulled out a firearm and shot him. All four men were hospitalized with injuries are expected to survive, but they did not share the extent of their injuries at all. Meanwhile, the shooter fled the scene and authorities have not located him as of Sunday. But if they have the woman, they've got the guy. Right, it's a matter of locating him because they'll know his name. I mean, they'll shake her down for the name more than likely. Yeah, so they'll definitely. He has been identified, but no arrests were made.
Speaker 3: That's four counts of attempted murder.
Speaker 2: Four counts of attempted murder. Congratulates she's dumb, Yeah for sure. Let me ask the man. I mean, god, man, it's so hard to if I'm just arguing with my wife and we're we're having a heated argument, let's say, outside of bowling alley, and we're not physical yet, but man, well it's like.
Speaker 3: You plan's gonna say, like she would allow that? Are you still beating your wife.
Speaker 2: It looks like it could rise to that occasion, Like, you know, the voices are getting loud, they're leaning in, like they're not kind of trying to y'all, y'all go home and sleep it off or whatever. None of that's happening. It is it is aggressively progressing to something that looks like it is going to be bad. Do you if nobody's being touched, do you go, hey, guys, you know, maybe you should take a little break. That is that is something I would never do. Yeah, it called the tops.
Speaker 9: I think that might be a safer uh wise, her advice there the just because also like don't tell me what to do kind of.
Speaker 2: De Exactly, my wife and I are having a conversation, but out company's doing anything wrong.
Speaker 3: She could say that as well.
Speaker 7: And this is part of the reason why for deputies and police officers they hate going to domestic violence calls because you know, he might be beating her up, but the second law enforcement shows up and tries to arrest him, now she's beating up on the cops because you don't hurt my man. So they don't know like which end of the snake is going to be the most dangerous part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I mean they could have done that the night before and the night before that and the night before that. This could be literally how this could be their love language as arguing in law parking.
Speaker 7: And if law enforcement is scared of that, then as as a private citizen, I wouldn't want to inject myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, I read this story this morning. I was like, god, dog, as much as I'd love to say like And by the way they were arguing. The original story I read after I researched it again said that there was physical contact. The story that I have up now does not lead you to believe.
Speaker 3: They said.
Speaker 2: They were just arguing loudly, and the four guys approach to tell them to kind of take it up a little bit or off, you know, offer some assistance. And he didn't even pause, pulled his gun out and shot all four of them.
Speaker 7: That's when you just want to, you know, let it be a nun ya. And by the way, it was near the Tenderloin. I'm like, what are you what are you doing walking around in San Francisco near the tenderloin?
Speaker 2: What's the tender It's the worst part. Remember the story I told you when we went to San Francisco. I don't know anything about San Francisco. I walked out of the hotel. Wife wasn't feeling good. I'm like, I'm gonna go walking around. I walked out of the hotel and took a left. I should have taken a right, because when I took a left, that's where I saw the dude that kind of just poked his head out of his out of his sleeping bag right hit the crack pipe and just went right back in like a crack turtle. But that's exactly where it was. Human feces everywhere you did.
Speaker 3: The thing in Chicago.
Speaker 9: You you like walking around cities you don't know.
Speaker 2: I dude, that's the sketchiest I've ever felt in my life when I was walking back, because I realized, I'm like, oh, abandoned building, human feces, Where am I nowhere? Good dog? Like it was like a video game I was in. And then you realize like you're alone out there as a as a straight up Floridian, don't know what's going on. I felt that way in Liberty City and Miami.
Speaker 7: And if you walk out of the mall one way and take the wrong turn and it's like.
Speaker 3: Whoa dude, in our hotel in New Orleans.
Speaker 2: You walk out one side, You're like on Canal Street, you walk up the back, You're in an alley over by the French Quarter. And I'm telling you it is you want to get sketch in New Orleans, just take a right and walk ten feet you're not supposed to, and you could go for being in one of the coolest places to.
Speaker 9: One of the deadliest places. Texas, Thank you. Texa raised his question. This obviously happened in California, not the case, but in Florida, could that person call stand your ground as four people uproar, people approaching him, probably telling him that, you know, like say he can suddenly say now I'm scared for my life.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think it's supposed to be like comparable force.
Speaker 2: Like you can't get away and it has and that other I think the people would have to brandish your weapon, right, yeah, I mean with four people, though you don't know.
Speaker 3: I would think so.
Speaker 9: But then it's like if the four people surrounded and then maybe he had no way of exiting this right right, right, right, But if there's egress, and I don't think you could make that clean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you have to kind of haul ass. I think the whole idea is having an escape, right, he says.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They were trying to break up a fight between a man and a woman in San Francisco. The shooting happened just before one o'clock in the morning on Mason and Market Streets in the downtown Tenderloin district. They were shot while trying to intervene in an altercation between a man and a one, both who were strangers to them. They just tried to get them to stop arguing, and the man pulled out the firearm and started shooting.
Speaker 9: Good shot too, Texter Joe says, try getting lost in downtown Baltimore drunk at eighteen Yeah, no, thank you.
Speaker 2: Baltimore is one of the worst places in America.
Speaker 9: What what is the scariest or most dangerous situation you've put yourself in?
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna tell you the one I just told you about was pretty sketch. Yeah, I mean, and we've been in some places in New Orleans walking home from the casino at like one two o'clock in the morning, a bit naive to what New Orleans really was, And you know, with my wife there, you know, I you know, for me it's one thing, but for my wife there, it's a totally differ machine. And there's just so many situations. I'll tell you another time. We were walking home from the Shane Gillis show in Greenville, South Carolina, South Carolina, North Carolina, my apologies, North Carolina, Greenville, North Carolina. And we'd park kind of a way back in the area where a really nice restaurant was trying to save like I do, right further away. And as we're walking down there, it's like, you know again, it's you know, twelve o'clock, one thirty in the morning, whatever it was. And we're walking and these two dudes just started walking toward us. Nobody out, no nowhere, know nothing right, And I just put Torri on the on my left side. I grabbed the keys to the car and I put them between my knuckles. Yeah, and I put my hand in my pocket and I said, just keep walking and don't look over. If they say anything, just be cordial. And if they ask for a cigarette or anything like that, just be cordial. Say no, man, try to make it, and just let's make it to the car. That's all we gotta do make it the car sketchy as hell, dude. And they didn't do anything. They didn't do anything, but it was just it just had that proclivity that nobody he was around, nobody would have seen anything. It was dark, we didn't know where we were terrible, all right, four seven nine one six four one. You're five o'clock. Keyword is New n E. W got a real radio doubt if H've been sending that away for your chance in a thousand bucks back.
Speaker 3: In a second.
Speaker 15: You're right about New Orleans. I am from there, just a little outside of the city, and you definitely need to learn how to speak the language and how to get around, where to get around, and I find yourself up the river. You're not sureful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got a text when I was talking about New Orleans and it said, uh, he went to the hotel they checked in and uh, as they were about to fly, they were going to walk out of the hotel to go walking around. And the guy says, give me here for a second, and he took a map of the city that they had there at the hotel, and he goes, don't go outside these lines. He drew with a pen. He goes, I'm gonna give you some areas to go. Don't go outside the line I'm giving you. Dang, that is bad news. Look, there were people on news when they were talking about the the murder rate New Orleans and crime in New Orleans, probably about a year ago, and they were going to residence and residents were like, don't come here, like it's not safe to come here. We live here and it's terrifying. Don't come here.
Speaker 3: Geez h.
Speaker 2: Right, welcome back to the Jim Colbert Show. New is your five o'clock keyword.
Speaker 3: That's an e.
Speaker 2: W got a real radio dot FM and send it away for your chance at a thousand bucks. Jim, there's deb and Jack.
Speaker 7: Now I just read it where these drew Lyonon said do not go out of this area. They will kill you. Yeh yeah, I mean, okay, welcome.
Speaker 2: I don't know how severe that is, but I'm telling you we got warned the number of times in New Orleans about going to certain places as well. They're like, hey, look good there during the day, but when it gets night, don't go in these areas here or if you go, drive straight to the venue, walk straight in, don't chill don't hang out, don't walk there, none of that stuff. Meanwhile, I you know, at two in the morning, me and my daughter were taking a New York City subway from Brooklyn for an hour and it was the best. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but sketchy af still because then I tell you when we were in New York last which was not last, was the last September we were up there and and I'd never been on the subway. I've been in New York a number of times, but never had to ride the subway because where we stayed, we rode the subway around.
Speaker 3: It was great.
Speaker 2: The first time I walked in, I walked to the right and there's a guy sleeping with his ass hanging out, dead asleep, twenty five years old, passed out in the subway and he was one of five, yeah, riding because it was their condition or he did actually at that time.
Speaker 25: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure, there's a lot of places in America you can't walk around real free. I mean, I don't care how big the city is. I mean I think every city's got.
Speaker 3: That space, right, even London.
Speaker 7: You can go to Piccadilly Circus during the day, great time, go to punch and Judies at night not so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm guessing a lot of places are like that.
Speaker 7: I mean, especially when you don't know, because they know that you don't know, right, Yeah, yeah, you don't. I mean just the way you walk carry yourself, they can tell that you you know, in a place like London, you're most likely going to be a tourist.
Speaker 2: By the way.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 2: One of the reasons I think that the tourist areas here in central Florida are like the safest places in the entire area. Like I mean, I to take places in Orlando, it's pretty scatchy, but I mean almost every place in the tourist areas is so well lit and so well managed. There's already any problems down there. And matter of fact, the problems that are down there in the tourist areas are us going down there to cause the problems like that, Like that big meet up they had a couple of weeks turn into a melee that was people from Orlando going down there.
Speaker 3: That was exactly.
Speaker 2: You guys are paying attention to this flock camera thing that's happening.
Speaker 9: No, And my daughter was mentioning this and showing me a map of where these flock cameras are, Explain to me what they are, who put them there, and why flock.
Speaker 2: Cameras are the cameras that I think, Well, most of them are purchased by governments.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: The funny thing is is like as people start to kind of reject these things, that'saw a story today. I have a guy sitting in a lawn chair under the flock camera that's in his neighborhood with a couple of broomsticks that were taped together with a giant piece of cardboard and he was just holding it in front of the camera. Yeah, colect everything. They collect everything now, and it's a really interesting argument. I could completely understand the whole privacy thing. I mean, you are, by the way, you're recorded everywhere. Channel six, by the way, has the best of the maps. You can actually find it today on their website where you can go up there and it's actually called Here's where flock cameras have been deployed across Central Florida. And Jack think about a license plate collector on crack Okay, Like they get everything where you've been, where you're going, who's in there, plate numbers, car style whatever, and everybody's freaking out. But This is the same technology that boasted that busted Stephen Sterns. You remember him, Yeah, no, yeah, the guy who killed He killed his stepdaughter, sexually assaulted his stepdaughter. Yea, his name is right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That Flock cameras are the cameras that busted him. That's the the cameras that pulled his story apart. Were the flock cameras. Those are the ones that figured out that he wasn't going toward the school. He was actually going away from the school. So when you look at that, you think to yourself, oh, okay, well I can understand how could that could be good?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: I think the big problem is who has access to the information, how the information is being used, and if police departments or governments are selling this information a private industry.
Speaker 7: Well, not only that, I mean you have a detective who was recently arrested because she was accessing the flock camera information. Yeah, looking up her husband's ex wife.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There's actually there's actually a company in there called d Flock. And what they're trying to do is they're trying to just let everybody know where they are so that everybody has an idea of when they're on camera. But when you look at the map, it is overwhelming the relative Okay, Jack has it.
Speaker 3: Up there right there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's if you're on any I've been seeing a lot of it on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And and believe or not, where we are up in Lake County, there's still quite a few up there.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Now the thing that's a little crazy, right, You think to yourself, and the government's always trying to watch out for me. Government's always trying to watch out for me. Los use these like when you go into a from the instant you walk in the door, you're on a flawed camera. Every step you take through the store, everything you pick up, everything you look at, everywhere you go in the store is surveilled. You are on flock camera. And they tell you straight up front that they do it. They use them technology for a security, fraud prevention, and asset protection purposes. But they will also share data with law enforcement solely in connection with a case from their store. And that's it. So let's say they're looking for a suspect that they think maybe fled into a Low's.
Speaker 3: Lows would give.
Speaker 2: Them that information to find that suspect, or if they have a big shoplifting or something happened in the store, fraud, whatever. Apparently they would only use that to give cops information needed for the investigation and nothing else. But oddly nobody chooses to trust the government debt. It says the Mountain, the mountain or the police department told six it uses LPR technology to assist with criminal investigation, which is read yeah, locate stolen vehicles and support efforts to identify missing or endangered people. It's this other central ford to law enforcement agencies. Agencies previously cited similar reasons for purchasing those cameras, and then, of course metal and Soda was first reported missing in twenty twenty four. They use this to prefer to prove that our mother's boyfriend lied about driving a kids school. Of course, wound up getting convicted for murder.
Speaker 9: There's a company I believe that makes these or is in this business. It's where two flock cameras are in my town. Yea, yeah, And I know that they make licensed plate reading technology. I know they because they've put it out like over the street and like in a tree as they're testing new stuff. So they like put it out in front of the building and they test as the cards go back and forth and people are complaining and that they've the police said, they're not doing anything illegal, right, right, right, They're allowed to do that.
Speaker 3: It's a public place.
Speaker 20: Right.
Speaker 2: It says here that that citizens have a right to know where they are and have been deployed. It says here also quote once you really understand their full capabilities and know how much data they're collecting, who has access to that data? I think it raises a lot of concern.
Speaker 3: A lot of safety concerns.
Speaker 7: Someone said they also track your Bluetooth on your phones and get all the information off of your phones. I've heard someone say that you need to put all of your devices if they're riding in the car with you inside one of those not an RFD bail way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, where it goes your navigation?
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 3: That's that's what I've seen and heard.
Speaker 9: Well, I think there's a lot of conspiracy theories that run away with this.
Speaker 2: But but hold on now, I mean, if flock works online, yeah, and it does correct and it works on the same Internet that you're pulling, I mean, why wouldn't it be able to isn't that what the Bluetooth is using as well, but within certain reason. I mean, I don't know how strong the signal is, but I mean I don't I don't do I think when they're pulling your Bluetooth information, I don't believe.
Speaker 9: That when you connect Bluetooth you have to connect like you click connect on your device unless you've already set that up so you have to give it permission.
Speaker 2: But I don't have to click on an Internet connection, like my phone just jumps to the connection here in the building. Well, it'll jump to roaming when I get out there, it'll jump to my house when I get in.
Speaker 9: It jumps to the one in the building. Because you wish that you made that connection. Yeah, I've established that already. Yeah yeah, yeah. I mean the sell is what you don't If your cellular data is on, you're just going to connect to a sell service. So if it's intercepting that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other thing too is somebody just texted in and said, you know, we hear about breaches all the time. Breaches from what companies you never thought could be breached? Banks, like you would think they would be the most secure companies out there. Even our own military has been breached. And one of the big concerns is is like, who is going to get access to this information? Like if you have the ability to hack into this database and you have access to the flock cameras like they get like the lady that just got busted, I mean, you could find out anything you wanted about somebody where they're going, what they're doing, you know, when they're doing that. I mean if if you had a nefarious you know, if you had nefarious intentions and you knew the daily route of some people like that, that would be terrifying.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and for the positives of them. Yes, if if you were mugged or something happened, there was an accident and there was a camera that could you know, yeah, you know, help or at least show what happened, that's not a bad thing. However, again, the vulnerabilities all data is you know, not secure.
Speaker 3: We we know that.
Speaker 9: And then who would have access or who could potentially have access. And then when you combine the ability for that data with the advent of artificial intelligence to be able to use that then and when you think about what I told you about Chad, that's another step. And when you think about what I told you about chat GPT, this morning this afternoon when we first started, right for people who just tuned in at five o'clock. I got a kidney scan Sunday, and while the scar was being done, my wife was recording it on the little monitor there and put that in the chat GPT, and it literally told her exactly what the doctor said, like it knew it, like just by looking at the scans, it already knew. So, I mean, they're talking about facial recognition, all yeah. And look, the funny thing is is like, this is the this is the paradox of the safety issue that we've dealt with for years, right, Oh, don't you want to be safe? And of course we know that governments and other entities have wrapped your safety up into the whole idea of wanting to know what you're doing at all times?
Speaker 2: Right, Patriot Act anybody? Oh yeah, yeah, Well just that was it. The SISA thing. They just got through arguing as well, how far our own government can go to look on us for our quote unquote safety. Oh, it's for your better being, you know.
Speaker 7: And then the other argument is, well, I don't have anything to hide, and it's like it's not about having anything to hide, it's about being able to move in your life without being traced everywhere that you're going.
Speaker 2: And by the way, yeah, I got some stuff to hide, but I can do that in America as only as that hiding is not illegal, legal I can do. I can hide anything I want. I can hide my attentions as much as I want. Like we talked about these people who disappear, I could literally leave the show today and never see you guys again, never see my family again. And I've done nothing wrong. I mean, you have the ability to disappear. It's your freedom to do that.
Speaker 9: Texter says, you don't have to be good hackers to breach these cabras. They found hundreds of these with public IP addresses using default passwords. Oh my god, I've access to literally everything in everybody, Oh my god, in this city where they went.
Speaker 2: And that's the other thing too. And the other thing too is Look, I'm not dogging on people who work in the government, because I know it's it's a job or whatever. But you have the best technology that we have to offer, run by people who work.
Speaker 3: For the government.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe not. Sometimes the most savvy people when it comes to tech, And.
Speaker 7: Even if they are, I mean again, you've got the detective using the flock camera information for her own.
Speaker 9: Well, say, if there's people that work in the government, and then there's politicians, sure, yeah, yeah, well who kind who kind of set the agenda and control that. But the people who work in the government, those are just people doing government.
Speaker 2: Joh yeah, understood, right. And I saw this thing today where a guy goes into a you know, a county meeting and I guess the county was, you know, thinking or putting up these flock cameras, and you know, the place was full with people who wanted to speak on why they should not be in the community. And this guy did it kind of in a clever way. He goes, you know what, guys, I agree with you one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: I saw that one.
Speaker 2: I'm going to start a new company and what we're going to do is we're going to use flock just to track our politicians. We just want to make sure everyone's safe. Your kids, your wife, all your cars, all your credit card numbers, where you live, where you go, where you shop for groceries, where you work out, where your kids go to school, where your kids go for summer camp, where you go for pilates, what movie theater. Are you like what restaurants you and he went on and on and on, because we just want to make sure you guys are safe, so we want to make sure that we can watch you as well like you watch us. And of course that hit like a lead hammer. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, But that was the whole idea. It's trying to make the point. Like you guys, it's so easy to say it's for safety, but yet you never pointed to yourself. Somebody actually text earlier and said, when I when these things start following politicians around, when we can log in and see their information, I'm for it.
Speaker 3: But until then, piss off.
Speaker 9: Well, I I When they first expanded, don't you remember with e pass was or the to pay your tolls, you had a device, they had a scanner at the toll booth, you go through, you pay your yep, that's it. And then they started appearing at different places all around town. And then it's like, wait a minute, and elie facial recognition through that, because we've seen it happen. Now I'm being now I'm being tracked on roads. I'm not on the toll road. Why is there a scanner there? That's going to read that and who has access to that right, And that's been the I don't know, ten fifteen years they've been doing that.
Speaker 2: And they're gonna and they're gonna say, well, we need something because it's a heavy intersection with where there are a lot of recks and a lot of fraud.
Speaker 3: So when you.
Speaker 9: Combine it's not any one that's the problem. It's the the network, the whole the whole network of okay, the cameras that see where you go. Combine that with facial recognition, and then your personal data profile connected to the license plate that they now tag and now they have your personal thing and then your credit card information everything connected to that. So all those dots can be tied together, and AI only makes that more feasible to be able to link all those dots.
Speaker 2: It's like a canopy of cameras. When you look at the when you go to Channel six click Orlando dot com. You look and you look at that map. We still have it on there. Oh yeah, there you get right there. Jimp over live dot com. I mean that's unbelievable. I mean, I don't know how many when you if you just take a rough guess, how many hundreds, Yeah, a couple hundred fifty. And that's the greater Orlando.
Speaker 3: Area right there.
Speaker 2: That's multiple counties because you could see multiple up in the lake. You can see him in seminole. You can see him an orange because simmy, it's all out there all right. Four seven nine six four one text us seven to seven zero three one. Your five o'clock keyword is new in e W. Go to real Radio dot FM and send that away for your chance of one thousand bucks. Load them up, guys, time for trivia. Let's give some stuff away.
Speaker 6: Why do those stupid EAS alerts have to use robot voice to talk? You can't understand anything they say. At least you can understand me even with my bad voice, but don't.
Speaker 20: It's her name is the part Chris murder of her and and she had five foot three on them on my god, we beat it. You can't understand them.
Speaker 2: Nobody's happier that you keep your cell phone bill paid than me.
Speaker 9: So we did run in the AA S about a missing person. Uh, and that was you know, about a half hour ago. But even while he's right with technology today and AI voices, why is it it's still this choppy robotic bad quality and it should not be that way.
Speaker 3: So it is a thirteen year old girl, Juliette Arioso, who was the authorities believe she's traveling southbound with a forty five year old man, oh boy, Jason Castillo and a red Hyundai Santa Fe. So what was the area that they area reported missing? Out of Marion County, out of o'callas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, all right, we'll you do it in depths. Yeah yeah, all right, welcome back. I'm Jim.
Speaker 3: There's dead. Yeah. Jack's here as well, and he has a Jackie sach. What's in there?
Speaker 2: All of lord, chuck a chuck click your week. Let's see what we got.
Speaker 3: I know we have what we have U two.
Speaker 9: This the Sircht Prize is something we had last week, but it's really cool and we have it another week. And it's pair of tickets is Stellar Knights at the Orlando Science Center and that's because they've extended this a week. This now runs until August eighth, and Stellar Knights is basically the Orlando Science Center at night, but they've also added on Friday and Saturday nights the laser light shows. So it's you know, incredible laser effects inside the all new Dome featuring music of your favorite artists. You can see the lineup and get tickets at OSC dot org.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Yeah.
Speaker 9: The other prize, we have available pair of tickets to Journey the Final Frontier Tour at the Kia Center October seventeenth. Journey tickets, maybe Stellar nights. Those are your options, and that's what's in the Jackie Zach, So back to you, callegate Ca.
Speaker 2: All right, young lady, one, two, three, four or five.
Speaker 3: I'm tire. Let's go one one sounds good, handy. How you doing, I'm doing great?
Speaker 18: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Good glad to hear that. Andy want to play a little game with us?
Speaker 26: I do?
Speaker 2: All right, let's do then, buddy.
Speaker 1: Is he the puzzlemaster or is he the guy who's currently writing today's game? Can he be both?
Speaker 5: Let's find out.
Speaker 1: It's time for JCS trivia Yama yo.
Speaker 2: All right, Andy, this is a real easy game. But he got a question here for you. Four answers. One of these answers is not true. Trying to fool you, buddy, but if you can find it, I'll send you ever see Jack and he's got something nice for you.
Speaker 3: Are you ready? I'm ready, Here we go, buddy.
Speaker 2: On this day in nineteen twenty seven, Alan Breed, inventor of the first automotive air bag, Sinsor, was born. Here are three fun facts about automotive air bags and one balloon to the dome of a love. All right, buddy, we're talking about car airbags. Which one of these is not true? You ready?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Number one, the nineteen seventy three Oldsmobile Toronado was the first passenger car sold with a factory air bag in installed. Number two or air blags. Air bags deploy in just twenty to thirty milliseconds, which is four times faster than a human eye blinks. Number three. Modern air bags are made from nylon and neoprene, but the first versions were made from sheepskin and silk or. Lastly, in two thousand and six, Honda was the first company to put an air bag on a motorcycle. Which of those is a lie?
Speaker 10: Number two?
Speaker 2: No, that's absolutely true. Air bags deploy in just twenty to thirty milliseconds, which is four times faster than the human eye can blink. Damn Yeah, all right, deb two, three, four or five. We're gonna go two two sounds good. That's Becky, Becky. How you doing, Hi, I'm glad to hear that. Becky doing great. We're talking about airbags. Which one of these isn't true? Number one? The nineteen seventy three olds My Bile Toronado was the first passenger are sold with a factory installed air bag. Number two, Modern air bags are made from nylon and neoprene, but the first versions were made from sheepskin and silk.
Speaker 20: Or.
Speaker 2: Lastly, in two thousand and six, Honda was the first company to put an air bag on a motorcycle. No, that's absolutely true. Yeah, The nineteen seventy three olds Ma Bile Toronado was the first passenger car with a factory installed air bag. All right, debb three four or five? Let's go three three right down the line. Mike, how you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm doing just great. Jim, how about yourself?
Speaker 6: Doing good?
Speaker 3: Boss?
Speaker 2: We're talking about air bags here you get a fifty to fifty shot. Which one of these is not true? Number one. Modern air bags are made from nylon and neoprem, but the first versions were made from sheepskin and silk or. Lastly, in two thousand and six, Honda was the first company to put an air bag on a motorcycle. I'm gonna do the Honda airbag motorcycle.
Speaker 3: No, that's absolutely true, just weird enough that you knew it had to be checked.
Speaker 2: Absolutely true. Was on It was on their gold Wing version. Everybody knows if you're a motorcycle person, that was Honda's giant dresser kind of bagger.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 2: Uh, dev Sophie's choice. Is it Bill or jewels? Oh?
Speaker 26: Jack?
Speaker 3: Is it Bill?
Speaker 5: Or is it jewel?
Speaker 15: Four?
Speaker 5: Is Bill?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Okay, very good Bill.
Speaker 3: How you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing well, Jim, buddy, you're doing real well. Tell me if this is true or not. Modern air bags are made from nylon and neoprene, but the first versions were made from sheepskin and silk.
Speaker 3: That you can talk to the lady who's bugging you for money, Yes, get back to your navigation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not true. Modern airbags are not made from sheepskin and silk. They're actually made from nylon and neoprene. Neoprene pretty early. Oh wow, okay, Yeah, a couple other things you may not know about air bags. Before we get at the top of the hour. We got brand of Cravits coming in for sport and we got to go because we're late.
Speaker 26: Uh.
Speaker 2: There are air holes in the back of air bags and the reason why is this when they when they inflate so quickly, they inflate to take the pressure of your hit. They can't not be full because they don't want you to bounce back. The air bags are actually designed to exhaust the air that gets into them so that it's a cushion fall rather than a bounce. Okay, pretty ingenious action. That is air bags are inflated.
Speaker 3: How Uh, there's a isn't it like a small controlled explosion like.
Speaker 2: A CO two? Yeah, it's not CO two, but it is a small it's the same exact stuff that's in rocket propellant. What they do is they mix these pellets with another chemical and it produces nitrogen gas instantly, and that's what it is. And pretty cool.
Speaker 9: You wonder how it could be fast enough at the speed of an act.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 2: It has a they have a switch. It's a it's a like a mercury switch. Yeah, but it's a it's a G switch and it's got a little ball in there and they're a little teeth. And what happens is when you slam on the brakes. The teeth will hold the ball until a certain amount of gravity is produced. And once the amount of gravity is produced, you know the stopping, it'll sling that ball forward and it triggers it. That's why it can know immediately when it's happened.
Speaker 9: Wow, all of these companies figured out how to do that, except to Kata.
Speaker 2: Modern airbags actually control how much the bag gets inflated based on the speed the vehicle is traveling. So if you get hit at twenty five miles an hour, it's not going to launch the same as if you get hit by seventy it's a much it's a softer land. And then, lastly, the first vehicle to offer passenger side airbags was the nineteen eighty seven Porsche nine four turbo.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: All right back in a second, Sports, it's.
Speaker 5: Time to get your game on.
Speaker 1: As the Jim Colbert Show unwishes, the guy with the hottest takes sharpest insights and zero chill when it comes to sports. Kars Brendon, crevit, cravit, cravit.
Speaker 2: Goodlow brobody ready heavy, same.
Speaker 3: Buddy, how are you going to see?
Speaker 11: I'm doing not swell, but well now I was doing I said, swell, and he goes, haven't heard that in a while.
Speaker 2: I don't hear that. I don't hear that half as much as I should. Swell is a fine word.
Speaker 3: I am doing swell.
Speaker 11: I I've just sort of run out of ideas of what to do with my son on summer vacation. Entertaining a six year old is uh. I came up with a new game in the garage today. I called it giant Soccer. I just got this big bouncy ball and a net and I just have him kicked this thing to my face. That's like, over and over.
Speaker 9: Again, better than the garage game we used to play. And that's let's close the door and start the car.
Speaker 11: Yeah, kicking this thing off the walls, off of closed all sorts of things.
Speaker 2: You don't want to play. Yeah, you know you don't want to play that. Yeah, you don't want to be a don't want to be any participant in any way shape or.
Speaker 3: Have you ever?
Speaker 11: Have you have you run around in the garage in Florida recently?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, made me run around? How about stood in your garage in Florida recently?
Speaker 5: It's awful.
Speaker 2: You bring up an interesting question. You know if you're a dad now and you have like a four or five six year old, I mean, is the number one sport to get your five or six year old still little league baseball? Or is it soccer now? Because it used to be little League baseball that was usually your first foray into any organized sport for the longest time, for years was little league or peee or what are they t bawl?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right, I mean you couldn't play football because I mean even what's the the flag football?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What's the other league?
Speaker 2: The small the little pop warner That doesn't happen until you're like ten or something, right, right, So I mean is that the case still?
Speaker 11: I'm out of the world. So the two things for me. One is I've tried. My son may be a lot of incredible things. I don't think unless he surprises me down the road, I'm never gonna cut him. I'm never gonna sell him short. I don't think he's gonna be a professional athlete. Doesn't seem to have it.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be honest with yourself early. It's gonna save you a lot of money and time. I love dribbling the.
Speaker 11: Basketball with me years ago, and so I I thought that he was like really getting a hang of it. So I put him in to basketball. I put him in a league and he was five. There are these I thought. I was like, they're all gonna suck, it's gonna be hilarious, and they're gonna run around. It's a great way to just get his energy out. There are these kids on the team making legit lay ups. You got real like they're dribbling between their legs. My kid could barely catch the basketball and definitely didn't understand the rules. It was a disaster and I could see the resentment forming in his face. I had to pull him out, and I didn't want to be the guy that taught his son that you quit when it's not going. But I was going to destroy sports for this child, so I couldn't do it. And so now I and I really don't want to become that parent that I'm sadday mornings I've got to spend eight hours at the soccer field. So I kind of like the fact I've recently taught him how to play chess, and I'm like, maybe he'll just do it.
Speaker 3: We just teach him how to play.
Speaker 11: Inside other than when we're playing in the garage and I'm sweating from every orifice of my body.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, let's get to some sports here.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously the we can smell what's coming down the road, right, we obviously know we're right around the corner big time.
Speaker 11: I've told you last week, thirty two teams in thirty two days today and with the wallpaper on.
Speaker 3: The phone matching, I like that Packers day like that. I will tell you that your rights still into it.
Speaker 11: Her pinterest is just like things to make for dinner, how to design the wall, and then my NFL wallpapers? Yeah sure, ye, yeah, sure, that's her interest page. She's she's very much into it. And we still have about half the league to cover. Yeah, it's it's been a fun way to kind of get myself ramp up right into the weeds with all of these teams. There's so much movement coaching players, What did teams do last year?
Speaker 3: Who's hurt starting the season?
Speaker 11: Which for the I'm not gonna make this all about the Packers, but since I've been reading up on them a lot today, the big story for them is that they lost Micah Parsons in December of last year. They made that big trade They were dominant at the beginning of the season. When he went down, they started losing regularly. They were zero to five at the end of the season without Micah Parsons. They're riding a five game losing streak coming into twenty twenty six. And he's not gonna be rushed back, so you're probably not gonna see him for the first month of the year. What does that do for a team that was not that good without him? And they lost a lot of big pieces in free agency and the division Lions are going to be back on top. They're gonna be good. The Bears came on strong last year. They'd as well, and the Minnesota Vikings added Kyler Murray.
Speaker 2: They'll be good to should.
Speaker 11: Be better than they were a year ago because they had atrocious quarterback play last year.
Speaker 2: I know that Orlando City played this weekend. It looks like they are straightening up a little bit for those guys. Not only did they play, they sold out this weekend. And Jack can help me out with this. How common that is?
Speaker 11: I don't I think that's a rarity these days, to go with the full blown cellout.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's a World Cup.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's been a handful of times, so you think there is probably renewed soccer interests. I would save people who got caught up in World Cup. But the real big thing is in Twin Griesman. It's his first home match. I was shocked at how many Jerseys I saw already with Gresman there at the game on Saturday night and it was just it was electric.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 9: He played well, he didn't score, but we were also playing the best team in the East and came away with a result. We got a victory. Back to back wins.
Speaker 11: The goalie has kept a clean sheet in back to back games, zero goals giving up over the last two. Maxim Crapo, who we had on our show last week, is a really good guest and was also on the Canadian national team, so he was able to talk about the World Cup as experience with that and they've taken that and they have just between his play being in the World Cup coming back he's playing dominant a net and then adding a star like Antoine Griesman. It does seem like the mojo has been restored for Orlando City Soccer, and with half of the season still remaining, they put themselves behind the eight ball, but there's so much time left and so many teams make the postseason. Now they've got a bit of a play in format similar to the NBA, where nine teams are getting into the playoffs. Right well, Orlando City right now, with a terrible start to the season, is sitting at tenth. They're only a couple of wins away from being the four seed in the Eastern Conference, and now with adding a star to the mix, it does seem like things could be turning around for Orlando City. And I think most encouraging for us in this town is that people are bought back in Orlando City was so insanely popular for the first couple of seasons when they burst onto the scene in MLS, and it does feel like things have cooled off quite a bit with Orlando City. I don't know how much of that has to do with the team not being that good.
Speaker 2: Or player turnover, coach turnover. It's hard to kind of get a grip on somebody when your star leaves. I mean, we've talked about this with soccer, and then the American fan wants to see that guy on the field every week, and that person leaves for two weeks to go play for his home country for something. It's Americans just don't adjust to that well. And then you know, if there's three or four games in a row where you have, you know, a mixed bag of stars up on the field or people you don't recognize, it's kind of tough. I think Americans want to see the scene, they want to see the jerseys, they want to see the stars play the game.
Speaker 11: You know absolutely, Kaka was on the team when they first burst onto MLS and that was a big part of the popularity the jerseys that Jack is talking about. People go to sporting events to see stars and to feel like they're part of a community, and to see winners. If you can put all of those pieces together, you're going to draw an audience. I think Orlando has an incredible sports fan base, but they're not just gonna show up because you're there. You have to provide all of those elements. The other part. And this isn't just you've seen up with the Magic by the way big time. Yeah, And when the Magic have a star and are performing well and there's this sense of community, that place is rocking. I would put the Kia Center up against any arena in the country. When things are going well like they've been in the last couple of seasons, and Orlando City should be in that exact same conversation.
Speaker 9: You how much Antoine Griesman is getting paid? Di asume you might, I should be the second. Off the top of my head, he's the second highest paid player in MLS. Oh, second only to Messy. Yeah, wow, crazy? Ten million euros. It's estimated between ten and fifteen million euro You.
Speaker 2: Have to spend the money, man, I mean this family that owns this place to understand, I mean you got to spend the money, right.
Speaker 11: Ten million euros, So that's like forty million.
Speaker 9: Dollars not quite that much a lot.
Speaker 11: And then the other part of it that should be mentioned as far as what Orlando City is up against is the same thing that every team is up against an MLS, which is the horrendous TV deal that this league has with Apple.
Speaker 3: TV vision of it. Yeah, they'll be able to even get it.
Speaker 11: Who who is turning on Apple teches?
Speaker 3: You have toss with the sport already. Yeah, in order to seek that out.
Speaker 11: That will always be an issue as long as they don't have their biggest games on terrestrial television.
Speaker 9: A positive this year, you didn't need Like when they first started, you needed an add on to get the MLS on Apple TV, so you have to pay for Apple TV and then pay extra for the MLS package. This year, it's just all incarnative part of the you know, Apple TV.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe they'll help. That is a positive.
Speaker 2: And to be honest with you, I mean we're still acclimating as a culture to watching our sports on streaming. I mean this is really just still happened right where I mean you think about it, it was still just network television ESPN where you would see you know, football games or things like that. And over the last like five years, those things have kind of morph Now you have to watch Amazon Prime or But that's what I'm saying is like all that is different to people those we're still kind of acclimating to the idea of streaming stuff like that. This is just going to Channel two, six or nine, you know, And it's one thing when the NFL does it or the NBA does it that has the massive audience, I mean generations.
Speaker 11: And fans this legacy product that people will go and seek out, and their numbers would be down comparatively because if it's difficult to find, right and people have to look for it it then, of course that's going to create some sort of friction for the consumer.
Speaker 3: But if for a league that's still growing, it's just.
Speaker 2: Always a good seen you buddy, always a pleasure, good labber, buddy, Brandon Kravitz, what.
Speaker 11: You say playing giants soccer?
Speaker 2: Take one of the face, all right? And I went one four one. Don't forget your six o'clock keyword is credit cr E d T. Go to real radio, out of him and send that away for your chance at one thousand dollars. Back with Ray Trentley right after this, Oh, Jim Jams, this is the first I've never.
Speaker 3: Been able to do this before.
Speaker 5: I am currently in the movie.
Speaker 14: Theater washing Minions and Monsters, Monsters and minions, whatever it is on the big screen, but there's not a single person in the room.
Speaker 2: I feel like I rented this whole place out.
Speaker 3: That's a cheap way to make it feel rich.
Speaker 2: What are you doing watching a children's movie at six point thirty on a Monday.
Speaker 3: I call you, Jim Jims. Jim Jim Jams, Ja Jams. There's nothing wrong with that. But I like the fact that during our show he's going to watch a movie and.
Speaker 2: Then calling us anyway here there's nobody there to bother. Yeah, you're six o'clock. Greek keyword does credit cr E D I T get a real radio? Don f M is in that away for your chance of a thousand bucks. Welcome back up, Jim, there's deb bag.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And every single Monday around this time, our good buddy drops by from TK law one firm for life dot com. Guys good in love for mister Ray Trenley.
Speaker 3: I want a cool nickname of Jim Jams. Yeah you want a Jim Jams?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what you do you have? Friendly Ray Trenley?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jim James is better.
Speaker 2: How you doing doing, good, buddy?
Speaker 14: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm doing okay.
Speaker 2: Glad to hear that you and I always kind of were not in struggle. I shouldn't say that. I guess the struggle would be to find the one thing to talk about. That's always the problem, because there's so much out there to talk about most of the times. And I just saw the story out of LA today and I thought it was just kind of, uh, kind of a parallel to what we may deal with.
Speaker 3: Here insa Ford.
Speaker 2: Actually, I talked about a little bit earlier because when I was kind of promoting shows saying what we're going to be doing later down the road. Depp said that this has already kind of been talked about in Orlando, but I don't know if you've done it. But out in La at the Universal studios there, they're testing a new roller coaster. Now it's just in test hasn't been opened up, but when they test them, much like the ones they've done here. When they did Rock and Roller Coaster, I knew people who got into the test kit and they got to go in and do the whole thing right at a bunch, And that's happening out there. The problem is is, I guess this coaster is pretty gnarly, and there are a couple places that create massive screen times, which is kind of what you want on a coaster. That's the whole idea, right, That's part of the enjoyment. But the problem is is where it is, much like Universal here in Orlando, it's dead smack damn near in the middle of the neighborhood. We talked to the air like you can walk out of Universal's gates, go across the road. You're being doctor Phillips's parking lot, you know, and behind Doctor Phillips High School is Doctor Phillips neighborhood right and on the to Bay Hill, that entire area out there. So what I wanted to ask you is, so you have a major coaster project, right, we know it's a theme part. They're endless money, endless resources. If you live near that place, and they're making a lot of racket with the thing going, I mean, do you have any recourse at all?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you might.
Speaker 30: So the terminology we like to use for something that it's called nuisance, right, and nuisance could be everything from smells to sites to noise. And so you know, there's actually a lot of case law in Florida on the various noises that people have problems with, you know, from I would say from sports, from sports arenas and things like that where people are cheering and making noise, to uh to sirens, to machinery, you know, all the different things that people might hear and complain about while they're trying to peacefully enjoy their backyard or their home or something like that. And so lots of caselaw on this stuff. And you know, one of the things that makes nuisance law very interesting from an intellectual standpoint is there's not like a bright line test. It's not if you reach this many decibels that you know, now you've got a lawsuit. Because you know, we had this with with the Orlando International Airport, you know, with the noise from the airplanes, and so you know, there's not like a standard of like you have to be this many decibels, but what it has to be is severe and pervasive and consistent enough that a reasonable person could no longer enjoy the peacefulness of their home. Now, what Orange County, Florida has done, and I don't know about Orange County, California, because I think that's where Universal Studios that what they have done is they've put ordinances in place which kind of set thresholds for noise complaints and things like that, because they know that we have all these parks and that you know, people might complain the lights to I don't know if I mentioned lights when I was talking about some of the NUIs and stuff. They set these they set these requirements and so they make it pretty difficult for people to sue, you know, Universe Studios or Disney whoever it is, for nuisance law issues because they want that money. They want the extra revenue.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, and it says here it's a it's a it's Teluca Lake resident. The ride is called Fast and Furious. Hollywood Drift neighbors say that the passengers on a seventy two mile an hour ride are sending non stop walls of screams that echo not only do that, and by the way, it's near a golf course, so you have the screams and then a bunch of open lands echoes. It just carries through this golf course and rips these neighborhoods.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 2: It says park engineers are using on track sound monitors and installing barriers to try to mitigate the noise for the ride that's set to open like now, I mean twenty six so it's set to open now. But they're saying that it is a non stop wall of screaming.
Speaker 9: This You could get better promotion for a roller coaster than this, because they are building one. This is what's Replacingbride Rocket at our h Yes, it's currently under construction. It's going up very fast, and it's you know, it's you know right there, and it's next to where the Blue Band group used to be.
Speaker 3: But in that whole area. It is going up quickly. But that is the same ride that interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seventy two miles an hour, it's got to be one of the fastest ones out there. I don't know if the halt goes about that, right, but I mean I think it's like in the sixties, Eycu sixties. Yeah, seventy two miles an hour. That's bawling ass and a roller coaster. Yeah, And it's not to mention that the acceleration also generates loud, intermittent screaming that carries directly across that golf course into their neighborhood and home, and it doesn't stop. I mean, you know, the minute they fire that damn thing up, I guess it's what every six minutes or so, they're sending up a new crow people. So for every six minutes, your soundtrack of your life is people losing their minds because they're dropping straight down on a roller coaster in perpetuity.
Speaker 3: By the way.
Speaker 30: Well, and I think one of the defenses that Universal would have is that if you moved into the neighborhood after they started building some of these roller coasters, at some point, you have an expectation that you're gonna hear screams occasionally or periodically, right, So you know, I think the question is is whether or not you know that level of scream right, whether that was anticipated. You know, maybe maybe a couple of little roars here and there, But you know, you said walls of screams. I'd be curious as to you know, what the difference is. And I think that's a very fact specific question, but one that I think maybe the case would turn on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just it doesn't. It doesn't feel like the residents are going to have a whole lot to say. I think, you know, there's a possibility they could sound mitigate by building some walls. I mean, we know the Universal does that here right right, I mean, and we know that our even our dot does that. If you go up and down any of the four to twenty nine or any of the big highways with the exception of four until you get them Vulisha County, you see these giant twenty foot walls, concrete walls that have to have the dunk in one and like a flamingo and then a dolphin or whatever. I mean, those are obviously built to mitigate the sound from people who live right next to the highway. That's kind of the give or take of them widening these roads to you know, eight lanes or something. It's the people there would like to still have a life, you know, well, and they shape those things to the reflects back in right.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 30: But yeah, you know, these cases are always super interesting, and you know nuisance cases, you know, specifically when it's a private nuisance, those are are a little bit more sympathetic from a jury standpoint, you know, when it's a private company as a price to like the city with traffic and things like that. Yeah, you know, we see those cases being a little bit more generous from the jury's But I would have to think, right, Universal Studios has done their research and they've got a pretty good idea of how this is going to turn out, even in a worst case scenario standpoint.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would guess that as well, even they have to give some money out and make people happy, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Would guess that's probably what's gonna happen as well. We'll see how it goes for sure. You know, we were talking the last segment a little bit about the flock cameras have a huge issue. Yeah, man, yea, it's so interesting because you know, this is one of these things I think, have we seen any litigation the set of precedent of how this is going to kind of be litigated in the future if people have their you know, their private information kind of.
Speaker 30: We've seen bits and pieces of litigation, never against one of these big companies for kind of the would I'll say, like terrestrial surveillance, you know, kind of like how flock has been used inappropriately by law enforcement, things like that, you know, people accessing it systems. I haven't seen those issues, but like little bits and pieces of you know, gathering this data, like whether that's being consented to, you know, what's a public space. You know, some of those types of things we've seen litigated. But I think I think what we will see litigation on in the future is the failure to protect the community from abuses. And I think that that's where there's some open areas for litigation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you know, when you think about it now, there is no I mean, you talk about privacy, but I guess the only privacy that you're really guaranteed in life is inside your home, correct.
Speaker 30: I Mean, there's a there's a constitutional protection of privacy there, but you know, there's things that.
Speaker 2: But flog cameras can't come in your home. They can get they can get you the minute you leave your home and get a driveway from the driveway everywhere you go. One of the cases they talk about when defending the idea of flogged cameras is the Stephen Stearns case because they knew for a fact that he didn't go to the school when he said they did. They saw him driving the other way because they got every single second of his trip on flog camera. So you look at that, you go, oh, yeah, man, that's great. You know, I mean, obviously we don't want people like that out and a round. But in that same sense, you also don't want anybody that just has access to cameras. Somebody texted earlier or said earlier that that some of the cameras saw the default passwords that you could just kind of log onto it and use it if you wanted to. That's scary, that's horrifying.
Speaker 30: You know, it's becoming more and more a part of the criminal defense practice, these cameras, because you know.
Speaker 2: To use them for a positive or negative to argue against, or.
Speaker 30: For to argue that like positive but well, they're it really comes up when it's like, you know, we say it wasn't deb. You can't prove it with deb And then they say, well, actually, here's deb leaving the station, and here's making left turn and another left turn, and here's a Robins convenience store. That's all made up.
Speaker 3: It was just to take the little Debbie sign. It's not my dorm room door.
Speaker 30: But I'm seeing it so much more in the courtroom now, and they can they have door to door access, and sometimes it's you know, you're like, Okay, I guess see where this was a good thing. They used it, but it's not hard to see how it could be abused. And I think people are right to be concerned about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And when when you hear people complaining about it, I wonder, like, you know, of course, I don't have a situation right now where I'm complaining about it, because you know, I'm not a criminal. I'm not a fellaw or anything like that. But I don't know that you have to be, you know, I mean just this case with the you you mentioned it earlier, the case with the police department, and the woman had access the camera to get information on her husband's ex. You know, obviously that's not good, but we know those players are out there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the sheriff actually shut down the flat camera system because that was part of what this former detective had access, right.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 2: I saw a mean today. I was telling these guys earlier of a guy sitting in a lawn chair right next to one of the cameras and he had a couple of broomsticks taped together and he's got like a big piece of paper and he just hold it in front of the camera.
Speaker 5: He goes.
Speaker 2: I just thought, oh, I want my right to privacy. And now one of the things too, is I just saw a guy on on Instagram and he said, hey, look, you know, I'm not saying this is how you do it, but it seems like somebody would do it like this, and you wear this kind of clothing and do this, and wear these laser the camera and get this and get this kind of cutter so you can cut it down. It'll go right through the aluminum poles. I mean, I'm not saying you should do this, but if people were going to do this, this is probably how they do it, you know, using that language kind of get away with the idea of telling people this is how you take a flat camera down and Mike littered with videos of people just yanking them down or shooting.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm either all over Instagram all over where they're pulling him down, stomping them out.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen any of this. Yeah, I mean, I gotta get on Stagram. I guess to get on the ground.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, the funny thing is, obviously you're like, well why, I mean, you don't want that in your in your neighborhood because you're committing crimes. I mean that's one thing. But if you don't want your neighborhood because it's tracking everything you do and you don't think that's fair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you can track all kinds of things, not just people committing crimes.
Speaker 10: Sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sometimes you get a boogie or something you want to.
Speaker 2: You don't want that, you don't want that video out there. I got a guy digging today.
Speaker 10: It was.
Speaker 3: Oh he was in there too to film it. No, it was too gross. See, but that's that's proper. That's proper.
Speaker 2: Just let the guy do what he's doing. Dude, my man sunk it.
Speaker 3: He was in there. Yeah gross.
Speaker 30: But I mean I understand where people are coming from. I understand where the concern is. And anytimes we see an implementation of technology like this, we expect to see that there's a pendulum that's gonna swing. And I think that you'll you'll find people that are less willing to put up with that.
Speaker 2: And it's so funny because you know, every time one of the things comes up, right, we're like, well, what, we're gonna do this, and we're gonna do that. And yet you hop on your cell phone, you know, you punch all your personal information into your social media.
Speaker 30: That's what you said, privacy in your house. That's what I was thinking about thinking about the cell phone. Everything is being recruited. You hop on your computer, every place you go is tracked.
Speaker 3: I don't you know.
Speaker 2: I guess you could VP in every search you make, but how many people actually do that? I know like three people in my life that VPN their home stuff so that nobody can see where they're going, and they bounce it off like thirty different countries before it goes back all freaks and weirdos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just think you're talking about Jack, right, Yeah, it's Jack. No, it's not Jack.
Speaker 2: I'm just problem but you know, and and and look, if anybody would know to do that, it's him. It's this guy who understands exactly how easy it is to get into your system, manipulate your system, take your information, or can I tell you? He told me at one point one of the things was just breaking into your computer and sitting there just watching what you do every day, like being a voyeur of your life, like reading letters that you wrote, are going into your email to see what's going on with your life, never doing anything, just kind of poking, like living in your walls kind of thing.
Speaker 30: Well, I wonder if that's the type of because I know they do some of the some of the types of hacking where they do like where they figure out like what are your favorite colors? Are your favorite things? And then they'll try to talk to your family man and back, Oh, I'm jim and I really love golfing and watching Instagram videos that people taking on these cameras and it's like, well, that has to be Jimmy, right, you know that's my guy. And then they give them all kinds of personal information and you know whatever, I forgot what that kind of social engineering?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that type of thing.
Speaker 2: But I mean, but even with just your normal surfing the internet. I mean, we talked about this that when Danny would come in from threat locker, we would talk and he goes, look, man, you know you put that picture of your vacation up, like you know, you put a picture of you in on vacation. Like, oh, that that was posted one hour ago, so nobody's at your house? Is that what you're telling me.
Speaker 3: I'm a really big believer.
Speaker 30: You don't post any vacation pictures until a week after your back and then you don't really need to post them anyway.
Speaker 2: But don't post them all you're on vacation. Yeah, but that happens all the time. We have people who you know, or who will come in on the guests as guests, or when they're leaving they're like, hey, look, I can't make the show this week. They're like, you know, don't mention me being gone, just say I can't make it this week because they're on vacation. They don't want people knowing they're gone away from their home. But man, it's so easy to find that information out. That's why a lot of people get scammed now, especially elderly, because just what you said, I can go into my Facebook and build a profile of me and be able to convincingly have a conversation as me with somebody just using the vernacular that I use in videos or am I writing.
Speaker 30: It's true easily. You gotta be careful, I mean, and I think people always say not may not may not me.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, you're first.
Speaker 30: I've got a friend of mine who's one of those white hat hackers, you know, it works for the government type thing, and she goes to a competition every year to see, like who can social engineer a hack job the quickest, And it's like in less than like five minutes. Oh yeah, they get access to your bank accounts, they get access to whatever.
Speaker 2: Danny from threat Locker says that when they do these these certain presentations that they put a what they call pineapple, which is you know where they put it on a drone and flew it outside the window of the meeting room and was stealing people's information in the room while they're giving the seminar on stealing information. Right, you guys remember that story? Yeah, yeah, crazy, Yeah, it's wild. Yeah, hang loose for safe yeah yeah, please do always continue. By the by the way, that's one firm for life dot Com. That's Ray Treentley office is not only in Altamont, but also into Land now as well. That's right, just hang loose, We'll say, do a few more seconds with your debuts.
Speaker 11: Some news.
Speaker 7: Yeah, teen is detained in connection with that Seattle mass shooting. Closer to home, a hearing is held for Andrew and Tristan Taate and lottery jackpots continue to grow. We'll talk about that next during you heard it here first, all.
Speaker 2: Right, single break, we'll come back and get Deb's news, spend a few more minutes with our boy, Ray Trimley, and then get the hell out of here on Monday.
Speaker 5: So talking about the old flocky docky cameras right right now?
Speaker 31: You know, okay, sure, I don't really have an issue with if they're using it for the correct things. But my thing is is here in the future, when stuff goes down and it's getting crazy and they're limiting all our access to stuff, and if you do something that you know, oh you didn't show up to work today or something like that, oh well, now you can only drive twenty miles in your band of these locations, and now your vehicle gets tracked everywhere. Guess what now, all these electric cars and all this boom, they're shutting you down.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the.
Speaker 2: Welcome to where. Welcome to where starts with an ra. We know that it could be a lot of things. Revolution, the real ready to welcome the real Radio.
Speaker 11: There you go.
Speaker 3: I like it, juinmine crew.
Speaker 5: I hope you guys are having a wonderful day up here in Illinois.
Speaker 23: It's us ball me ninety eight degrees with the heat index of one hundred and thirteen.
Speaker 3: So I'm not missing Florida too much today, but it's different. It's sort of like being home anyway.
Speaker 30: Just to quick update, the girl who was missing out of Marion County, I do see on my Facebook thing.
Speaker 3: They did find her and there's further details to become out. She's safe.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sure we'll have some details here in a second. No, all right, no details, all right, Well, screw the details.
Speaker 3: Just that she was found safe. That's the most important news.
Speaker 2: Yes, credit is your six o'clock. He worried, got about eight minutes or so to get over to real radio. Doutep him and send that away for your chance at one thousand bucks. And don't forget seven eight and nine tonight as well. Don't sleep on those later times. They could be fruitful, I promise. Welcome back on Jim, there's deb Hello Jack, everybody. Ray Trinley always sticks around for this last second.
Speaker 3: How you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great, buddy Again. That's one firm for life dot com. That's Ray Trinley, that's TK law and anything you could possibly want. I mean divorces a state. Matter of fact, I was just telling Ray about a situation that my wife's best friend is going to through right now. And his first response, first response was have her call me, even if I can't do anything for her legally, just to let her talk to somebody about what's going on. That's that's cool. That's the cool stuff, dude. That's what people really like you for is because you are a real do a real due than your bro and and people can talk to you like a normal person.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 2: And I'm friendly, Yeah, you are friendly.
Speaker 3: You're a those but you are.
Speaker 2: You're super easy to talk to.
Speaker 23: You.
Speaker 2: A lot of guys get wrapped up in legally. They believe that they have to impress you with you know, some speak from some journal, and you don't really do that but you know this stuff inside out, which is kind of cool. Ray long term friendly Ray trendlak better than Jim jamb as a nick oh yeah probably or catfish doue. That's another one at beats. Yeah, you got a low bar.
Speaker 3: Let's do you herd here first?
Speaker 5: Good time for you heard it here first on the Jim Colbert Show.
Speaker 7: And you heard it here first is brought to you by Stellar Knights at Orlando Science Center now through August eighth. See the lineup and grab your tickets at OSC dot org. Just please arrive early. Those shows are filling up quickly. They are unbelievable. But police say a fifteen year old boy was taken into custody following Sunday night shooting that killed three people and injured four near Seattle Space Needle. He was booked into juvenile to ten for firearm violations. Police are trying to identify the second suspect. No one has been arrested for homicide, but the three victims were a nineteen year old man and a forty four year old man who both died at the scene. A fifty six year old woman died at Harbor Vrew Medical Center. This was just going to a food truck event. Wow, the youngest victim is a two year old real. Seattle Mayor Katie Wilson says the city will increase gun violence reduction programs Back in the Sunshine stated attention hearing was held for social media influencers Andrew and Tristan Tate. Their defense attorney, Joseph McBride thinks the brothers could become victims behind bars.
Speaker 23: Every time the public says Andrew and Tristan are just like Epstein, Well guess what the public is bree lighting for them to get murdered in jail.
Speaker 7: A federal judge will decide August thirteenth whether or release the brothers from custody while they fight extradition to the UK, where they're accused of rape and sex trafficking.
Speaker 3: The extradition process could take months, you guys.
Speaker 7: They remain locked up in solitary confinement damn at the Miami Federal Detention Center, and they're expected to remain behind bars for at least another few weeks.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of court appearances, which means a lot of blouses, a.
Speaker 3: Lot of caprefants, and pretty little sandals.
Speaker 7: And then finally the jackpots for the Mega Millions and Powerball lotteries continue to grow. Nearly one and a half billion dollars will be up for grabs this week as drawing tonight is there not Yes, Saturday's Powerball drawing failed to produce a big winner, so an estimated six hundred thirty three milli is on the line tonight. Meanwhile, Tuesday's Mega Millions jackpot jump to eight hundred million dollars since no tickets matched all six numbers and Fridays drawing, go get those lottery tickets so you two can get gas and pay for groceries.
Speaker 2: Six hundred mil goes down to what in the state, after the after the cut and the taxes, it's usually little lesson half.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well you heard it here first on the Jim Culbert Show. Thank you ever?
Speaker 18: Sure?
Speaker 3: Who do we have to think? Today?
Speaker 7: We want to thank the friendliest attorney, Ray Frendly tk yay one firm.
Speaker 3: Forlife dot com feld do He's a real bro. We also want to thank you to ride my minivan. Want to get it?
Speaker 2: Sure, dude, we are going to rock a minivan? Do I'm getting it?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 7: We also want to thank Emily the movie Girl, Brandon Kravitz from ninety six to nine in the Game. Just in case you missed Emily's review of the movies or Brandon Talking Sports. Both of their podcasts have already been posted to The Jim Culbert Show and last but never least, Sam Bowen, Candice Rich and Alicia Bullwear for running our YouTube.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys, appreciate that we do. Jack.
Speaker 9: Question of the day speaking to minivans, would you drive a mini van as your daily driver? Turns out that millennials are really attracted to minivans now started talking about it. I think I'm talking myself into getting a minivan.
Speaker 3: I'm any, dude, I love it.
Speaker 2: There's a great you have one?
Speaker 3: I have one, Dude, which one do you have? Honda real?
Speaker 9: I hear, Oh that's hot. That's at the top end. It's nice Hondas. Yeah, a lot of good reviews on the Honda.
Speaker 3: Gotta make the wife happy. Indeed, what's that like?
Speaker 2: A four cylinder? Oh yeah, probably by buddy. Buddy, We're gonna put a big bucket. It's gonna be funny the way first of minivans. You don't ask about that.
Speaker 3: Hey, yeah, big bucket TV. That's all I get.
Speaker 2: That's what you ask about the Vidyan Jacko was a question again before I go crazy, would you drive a minivan as your daily driver?
Speaker 3: Thirty four percent yes, fifty eight Yes, are cool man, I'm getting one. I'm lowering that bitch. It's pretty low. I'm telling yeah, pretty low.
Speaker 2: Get it straight six but as straight six.
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Golf simulator of the bank. That's one firm for life dot Com, Ray Trinley TK Law is the firm.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: They do have a couple of locations for you up in Longwood and of course the new location in the land. Always good to you, but good see you all. I'll be have of Deth, Jack and Ray.
Speaker 3: I' jim.
Speaker 2: We follow the new Shunky. They follow the monsters. The morning after us. It's tommydam of the Corporate Time and our friends from Real Laughs. We'll see you tomorrow and three for more than Jim Corpra Show. Until then, have yourself a fantastic Monday evening.
Speaker 3: See you tomorrow Byeladams.
Speaker 1: If you missed any part of today's show, check out The Colbert Show on demand, and for highlighted feature segments, listen to The Jim Colbert Show The Goods.
Speaker 5: Both are available for free on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: A Corporate Time with Tom and Dan is coming up next on Real Radio one oh four point.
Speaker 7: One from the Klosmon Law Traffic Center, car crash called Klosmanlaw Klosmanlaw dot Com.
Speaker 9: You're gonna have some trouble westbound on I four before Daryl Carter Parkway. Stop and go through Celebration, Gonna get stuck through champions Gate as well.
Speaker 3: Stop and go southbound on Florida's Term