Speaker 1: Is join us November eighteenth or the twenty third at Circup Resort and Casino for live broadcast, a huge anniversary party and uh you know purple football at Stadium swim Well, you can use the promo code power trip for an exclusive room rate.
Speaker 2: That's right. Full details of cafe in dot com slash.
Speaker 3: I guess what that was Cafe dot com slash guys, cause you.
Speaker 4: Don't speak whatever language that was.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that was. Are you okay? Are you okay? I don't know. My mouth is a mind of its own today.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, man, Well, let's strained it up.
Speaker 2: Oh bit.
Speaker 5: The Riley Auto Parts Series had an off weekend. This is your NASCAR up dag. You're Williams Williams saw waltch up date. Thanks our friends is starky and starky hearing Minnesot's on Williams Sir Watach will race in Indianapolis this Saturday. Check it out on the c W three pm Central. Joey Gono Round one, Round four of the in season NASCAR Cup Series Challenge on Sunday, North Wicksbiller, North Wilkesboro Speedworm, the championship of the end season challenge will take place on Sunday at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway at one pm Central. Summer's full of loud noises, lawnmowers concerts. Make sure you're protecting your hearing. Sound gear hearing protection is great to make sure you take care of your hearing while also enjoying the environment you're in.
Speaker 4: This is sound gear dot com.
Speaker 5: I love my sound gear, don't use that go And this is starky dot com for an at home hearing test and support.
Speaker 4: William S.
Speaker 6: Wallach, Thank you, Starky Hearing Slash.
Speaker 7: Thanks Lawrence Welk.
Speaker 3: You fan five.
Speaker 4: I think we probably should.
Speaker 3: There's a couple of things we haven't discussed it all The night five.
Speaker 7: On the Power Trip brought to you by the Saint Paul.
Speaker 5: Thanks Sta St Paul Saints Tonight seven seven tomorrow one oh seven Saints Baseball dot Com.
Speaker 3: It's always good to preview a segment with here's a couple of things that aren't very important that we haven't discussed, so let's waste time discussing them now. Of course sports, but hey, maybe you guys surprise me and you say that was interesting.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you brought that up. Does anybody care about this?
Speaker 3: Aaron Rodgers reportedly is making up with most of his family. Aaron Rodgers has been estranged from his family for years, but this week he posted family photos with a caption quote another bonding week and photos are like his parents and stuff.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: The one person not in those photos his brother Jordan Rodgers, who apparently maybe the biggest falling out was with him. A couple of sources say religious differences and mindset differences basically post the Bachelorette, right, Jordan Rodgers was on the Bachelorette in two thousand and I don't know, fifteen or sixteen, give or take, and they have not been on good terms since. It sounds like those two do not care for each other. But it looks like Aaron Rodgers is finding a way back to the rest of his family. And that's a good thing, is it? Not sure? Usually Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 8: I did not any watch any of the Jordan Rodgers bachelorette year.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I didn't have any bachelorette hee.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is he a religious person?
Speaker 6: Is he?
Speaker 2: Don't know?
Speaker 3: Maybe it's just as religious differences as the story I read is that was the main crux of it back in the day, and then I just think general hatred over the last decade is the rest of it.
Speaker 9: Hey, when you ain't got nothing, you got your family. You got to stick with your family. It's true, though, when life falls apart, all you have left is your family. You got to stick with them through thick and thin, even if they like just just because they're safety in it. Basically, yeah, financially or just in general. Is blood actually thicker than water?
Speaker 3: Certainly he's almost sure, ye, sauce I would gelles yes or no? Yes, one hundred percent, sure, one hundred percent no, sweet ross. All right, you guys seen lukewarm on that one. See, I told you I thought it was a waste of time.
Speaker 2: But I thought, let's go for it. What do you think of this one?
Speaker 3: You know, I think I liked the World Cup more than a handful of people in these two or three rooms.
Speaker 2: But that's okay.
Speaker 3: But one of the things that went viral specifically the last week or so was the photo of Messi holding a baby lamin Jamal nineteen years ago.
Speaker 2: Right, have you guys seen this?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm talking about. You two are looking at me like you never know, so Jamal is the best player on Spain who won the World Cup, and he was facing off against Messi, who's thirty nine in a legend right, maybe the best player of all time, give or take whatever. There's a nineteen years ago complete coincidence. There's a photo of Messi holding an infant and it happens to be like a couple month old Menia Mallow nineteen years ago, and little would they know that nineteen years later they would be squaring off in the World Cup and Lamina mal would defeat Messi's Argentina.
Speaker 7: Do we know the backstory as to why he was handling it was.
Speaker 2: A photo shoot for some reason. I don't know why it was. Yeah, maybe I don't. I don't that part of it. I don't know.
Speaker 10: Delivery room there probably just in case, so unbelievable coincidence that.
Speaker 3: That was the baby that was the photo shooting ends up being one of the best players in the world. And again, Lemna mall is just nineteen years old, nineteen and change. Tops is going to release a one of one card with that photo. It'll be inserted into a box of Tops Stadium Club you see see whatever the hell that means, and then released later this year. I would have guessed more. But early estimates say they believe it's going to be worth in the hundreds of thousands. It's a soccer card world wide, one of one. Doesn't it feel like it should be in the millions?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: But we'll see.
Speaker 3: But how again, this is what I don't understand about gambling laws. How is that not a poll tab? How is that not exactly a poll tab?
Speaker 9: I mean, yes, there are friends of mine who don't do poll tabs and now they just do sports cards.
Speaker 2: They poll tabs.
Speaker 3: They are how is it the same longs golden ticket? But they are literally putting a super valuable quote ticket in a pack.
Speaker 2: And going go find it. It's poll tab.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's bull tabs that kids can do.
Speaker 2: Yes, sure, Target. You don't even have.
Speaker 7: To go to a specialty store. The big ones are at the specialty store.
Speaker 3: But right they open them up in ten year olds and there's a lot of like American soccer players. And once in a while though, they get a playback. Yeah, and once in a while they get a la medium mall baby picture with messy holding them and then it's worth a million bucks or something.
Speaker 7: Hell yeah, daddy, these not just tops. But what these sports cards companies are doing in general.
Speaker 2: Times the bottoms.
Speaker 7: Is genius. Like at the NBA Draft and some of these rookies and they're having them sign on camera, here's your rookie card and it's going into a sleeve and going right into a box.
Speaker 4: Unbar.
Speaker 7: That kind of stuff is that kind of marketing stuff is genius for these sports card companies. They are they are doing it right, unbar.
Speaker 3: You want to play poll tabs. I don't even really like poll tabs, but I.
Speaker 4: Like the albums.
Speaker 3: You don't like tule tab not really, but I do like scratching the edge once in a while. And I'm like, man, I haven't gambled in weeks. Then I'm at a bar that has pull tabs. It's like, right, I gotta throw forty edit or something. I gotta do something great.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Correct.
Speaker 7: And when you play poll tabs, do you like to play the ones that have the two dollars playbacks or does that? Does that do nothing for you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 9: I just whatever, whatever one has the most winners in it is the one.
Speaker 7: We don't care if it No, I don't care. What's you can win two dollars? It comes up pretty frequently.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got you, all right.
Speaker 7: But there are people who don't like that because it's a false sort.
Speaker 2: Of rush, right.
Speaker 7: Whereas I see that bright green line or whatever, and I'm like, all right, but let's let's let's go bigger picture.
Speaker 3: Because when Zacho and I overlapped in Vegas a couple of weeks ago, I watched him play slots for a while, and Zach and I had the conversation that you guys have had about slots for a while, that back in the day, those quote two dollars playback equivalents were a thing. You would play slots and you would win a couple of small ones to keep you up, and it would go down. You'd win a couple of small ones and you would be floating, floating, floating, right, And now there's the sense of just free falling the playback. So the sin I watched him play that, I watched him play.
Speaker 2: That Kong machine at where don't play.
Speaker 11: He's playing and Kongs smashing his hands and I'm just watching Zach's money fly out the window, and I'm like, he's Kong's not even giving you a kiss on the cheek here, He's just smashing your bank account.
Speaker 7: That's the free fall Kong.
Speaker 2: But I would say if I was.
Speaker 3: A slot machine player, and I'm not, but if I was, I would want the playback equivalent. I would want to be like, all right, take all my money, but at least, you know, a little bit, a little bit make me, at least you know, put on a shelf.
Speaker 2: Literally had this conversation next door, Cory.
Speaker 4: Cory.
Speaker 8: What you're saying is social media has ruined slot machines because people will post about winning big. I won't post anything about you've got to win big, and that means you also have to lose big.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you got to play the max button.
Speaker 3: Corey, I watched him get called pretty hard cash those tickets. Is that there are still the people on Twitter going I love how Corey and Zach were just they just happened to be on solo trips to Vegas by themselves, and they claim they have separate rooms and they claim they just ran into each other.
Speaker 4: Well, and I are going to Vegas together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we definitely are sure.
Speaker 9: My favorite is gonna be Friday after the show when I look at Hawk and he looks at me and we nod at each other and going different, and you're both gonna cang in completely different ways.
Speaker 2: See him again. It's not good news.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you might see me in cuffs. It would be like somebody I know getting escorted out of the casino.
Speaker 3: I can't wait, Zach, what was that the machino that you were like you were printing money on that you were saying that you always went on.
Speaker 9: Uh, the cash, the cash.
Speaker 4: You're the only person I've ever under one.
Speaker 2: I watched him crush it.
Speaker 4: I've never seen it best that she played slots.
Speaker 2: It is uh, it is. It is a drug man, that.
Speaker 4: Is Yeah, it is a drug. It literally has been made to make you addicted. That's how it is, and just give up to it.
Speaker 2: That machine in particular is like the heroin of.
Speaker 7: Car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, watching him do it, it didn't make me want to do it at all. But I wasn't bored watching him. Have you know roller coaster sessions?
Speaker 6: Car?
Speaker 2: I believe you.
Speaker 7: How do you watch someone if you watched if you watch someone get a bonus or two and you saw this like the screen grow and like a dragon come out, and the bells and the nings and the songs, the thing would.
Speaker 3: Not would not make you want like I don't know by the rational part of my brains, like I'd rather just throw this on a couple of numbers and let or just save it for poker, poor golf betting.
Speaker 2: What you know what? Do both? That's what you're gonna get calmed next month. You know what, I don't have a problem because I won that one time. One of my favorite coaches of all time. Okay, oh, I was in you have a problem.
Speaker 9: You're not anymore, damblore, He had taken over. I want a little bit of money. I'm like, you know what, I'm gonna walk around these casinos and I'm gonna just play randomly. About a half hour later, I'm back up in my room getting cash. Then I went back up again and I said, when this is it, I'm going to tell Corey Hawk I'm leaving.
Speaker 2: I have to go home later.
Speaker 3: But you basically, yeah, you basically told me your entire stretch and how you couldn't stop, and you kept going back to the ATM and you were like, I just can't, And I go, dude, you might have a problem.
Speaker 2: Not anymore anymore, doesn't kind of hand pay. And then I had about eighty eight highway in the best Watch I was also with you and Duluth.
Speaker 3: What's the casino inside of Duluth Beard black Bear? Yeah, yeah, and you were just getting your ass kick and then you called it a sea pouch.
Speaker 5: Over and a real loud not s a yeah like it.
Speaker 4: Like they were going like, well, you don't have to be mean.
Speaker 2: Let you win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this place, and I'm like, okay, but down there's people that like this place.
Speaker 4: And then you look over. He was sitting there in front of a machine.
Speaker 2: And was like, they come, you might have a problem.
Speaker 9: Yeah he did when he pointed me out a machine and I could barely see straight and he goes, that one's gonna hit later it hit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you find him anymore.
Speaker 4: You're lucky. I didn't have a dagger.
Speaker 2: We hit a jackpot and the sauces dead.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Again, another thing I can't relate to. I watched that do it. I know you guys have all talked about it all, you guys that likes last. But we were walking around Belajio and I'm like, what are you gonna play? And goes, I don't know. I'm waiting for something to speak to me.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, speak what machine is going to speak?
Speaker 3: So then yeah, then you got canged and blamed me because I'm like, why don't.
Speaker 2: You play Kong.
Speaker 4: The amateur move, Zach.
Speaker 9: It's just, you know, is that the same machine where you can pay like twenty five bucks to get a bonus?
Speaker 4: There's like a don't ever do that.
Speaker 2: That's like a monster machine that.
Speaker 1: The Deal or No Deal one might be worth buying because it is fun because you get to play Deal or No Deal, But uh yeah, that's the only one.
Speaker 2: Otherwise the other one.
Speaker 4: Don't play for fun. No, no, we play.
Speaker 9: For When Hawk pointed me at that machine, the couple next to us was fury.
Speaker 2: They were passed as they put all.
Speaker 4: You were just all there, but he walked up and put dimes in.
Speaker 1: Do you ever sit down at a slot machine knowing that there's been somebody sitting next to it for a while, hoping.
Speaker 2: That you are that guy? Like no, actively thinking I.
Speaker 5: Purposely don't do that because I hate when people do that, I really do.
Speaker 4: I hate it. I want to fight, and.
Speaker 5: I'm like, listen, ma'am, I know you're sitting back there waiting on me to get up from this machine, but I will fight you.
Speaker 3: Hey, what percentage of your friend close friends and family. Do you believe are just completely anti gambling in terms of like person, not not for society, but for themselves.
Speaker 2: It was like, it does nothing for me.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not comfortable with it. I don't like it because I too.
Speaker 3: I think everybody has a percentage of people that like, I just don't understand gambling. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I can't get into that culture. I don't understand it. It doesn't do anything for me. One third about a third, I mean my mom, she doesn't get it, doesn't get it. No, I think a third is probably that's probably about what I would guess in my life too.
Speaker 2: Maybe somewhere in that range.
Speaker 4: They just need to try.
Speaker 2: We just don't take her to the casino when we go.
Speaker 7: My friend Gina, Yeah, the notorious v g the Gina.
Speaker 2: Course, she does.
Speaker 7: Not care for it. She'll participate once in a while, but she'll take out like a five dollars bill what but she loves but she loves it. She loves like the atmosphere, and she loves to stand behind me with a glass of wine and just like listen to the music and like and like Corey watching Zach get calmed, careful machine just does something, So she's not against it. She it just to your point, Corey does nothing, which I'm like, how how is this not tapping something? So is there something in people's brains that it either connects or doesn't totally.
Speaker 5: I mean, there's there are many people who can have one drink and go home. There are many people who can't stop at one.
Speaker 7: That's a great point. Yeah, that's a great point.
Speaker 3: It's I say this all the time and people are like, man, you play a lot of cards. You've been on sports, on the show and stuff. I'm like, I freaking love gambling. I don't feel like I have a problem, not anymore. I've never I've never had a control issue. But it's my favorite thing. I freaking love it, man, love it, love it, love it. Love it.
Speaker 9: When you get pulled in the warm hug that is Gambler. Yeah, he's not letting go.
Speaker 2: I don't want to know let go. I live here now. I want him to cuddle me.
Speaker 3: I want to I'll be a big spoon or a little spoon with Gambler.
Speaker 2: I don't hear.
Speaker 7: It's like the upside down with all that goo. Anyway, you ain't getting out.
Speaker 9: What the hell are you talking about Yeah, it's not good z that got calged again.
Speaker 5: To Corey, it's not weird if you just watch somebody okay about it?
Speaker 2: All right? Good because my therapist told me the same thing.
Speaker 4: Right, you're no place in the clung yourself.
Speaker 7: Do you ever you ever when you were talking about Hawk, when you do not like if you've like played a machine and played a machine and you don't like when somebody else comes it comes after you at the machine, do you ever cash out and put a fresh like one hundred dollars billion? I do that trying to trick the machine. I am the next person.
Speaker 4: I do that all the time, and it works.
Speaker 2: It puts a.
Speaker 4: Yah that all the time.
Speaker 7: If a machine doesn't trick, I've tried it.
Speaker 5: If a machine doesn't pay me, like in the first four or five spins, I'm onto the next one.
Speaker 4: I don't see the chase bounce.
Speaker 2: I don't good for you.
Speaker 4: There's nothing about it that's good for me.
Speaker 3: It's the bottom line, honestly, how awesome is no very November going to be for the Power? Not just the November fifth show at t I, which is going to be awesome because of the comedy stuff, it's going to be packed. We're going to get the gamble. Then a couple of weeks later we go to Vegas and do the same thing all over again. It's going to be the freaking best. You can't wait to be the adults.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a plus. Headline's next Power for You Morning Joe on the fan our iHeart Radio Music Festival presented by Capitol One.
Speaker 7: Who's coming Back to the Last Figures September eighteenth and nineteen A team obile arena streaming live on Jeszy Play Today's Day.
Speaker 4: We're all back together.
Speaker 11: You're tucket us off.
Speaker 4: Marnie's over there, and Boni's over there, and I heard you.
Speaker 5: And uh Nordo havn't a highly highly uh I don't know, uh dedicated twins is talk over here.
Speaker 4: I mean you guys were really breaking it down. I appreciate that you care about it.
Speaker 7: It was leftover gambling talk.
Speaker 3: Gambler was giving us that soft hug that Saucerford last moment, Sauce, your hand was briefly up and then it went down.
Speaker 2: What's up? This is breaking news for Corey. Maybe you saw this.
Speaker 9: Point break go On is being restored in four K and being re released in theaters this summer for its thirty fifth anniversary.
Speaker 2: Will go watch it?
Speaker 3: Two things, It's one of the movies that shaped my entire life. That's number one and number two. How freaking old am I getting at that movie is thirty five years old? I mean, son of a bitch. I mean obviously Tommy and I have to host some kind of a screening, right yeah, oh yeah, talk to mister Z unless he passed away, I mean what.
Speaker 2: He died Utah? Give me two.
Speaker 1: Go to Utah. Yeah, hang out with charts and have a movie screening in Utah.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And even trunk back in the Jim is coming back unbelievable.
Speaker 7: And maybe at a beach, maybe bring in a projector or somewhere. Yeah, in your your swim trunks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or maybe don't want anything at all, Yeah.
Speaker 7: So have a surfboard and a surf side.
Speaker 3: I've always said that the movie Rounders changed my life more than any other maybe piece of art in the history of multi media, because I've wanted to play poker ever since I saw that movie. Point Break also changed my life. I just haven't acted on it yet because I've wanted to rob a bank for thirty five years. I just haven't yet supposedly or a heist, but like specific I mean, those were bank robbers. A heist would be good enough, like an Ocean's eleven esque hest, but bank robbing would be sweet.
Speaker 5: I wish you guys would have seen The Odyssey, yeah, because I want to talk to somebody about it.
Speaker 2: I might go see it tomorrow.
Speaker 4: It's so good, way long. I've seen it twice twice. I love it.
Speaker 3: Cannot wait.
Speaker 7: Is it a thinker?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, do you know the story of the honest.
Speaker 7: The very very basic Yeah, right, well.
Speaker 4: You're fine.
Speaker 5: It's it's a very very interesting take the Christopher Nolan has on it and.
Speaker 4: The entire purpose of it.
Speaker 5: It's it's it's just fascinating and and it's just so well done. And Agamemnon is just I can't oh, I can't wait for you to see it. I can't wait for you to see it.
Speaker 4: I love it. I love it.
Speaker 5: I know that there's uh there's a lot of things that people are saying about it that they don't love so much about it, but uh, I love it.
Speaker 7: When when I go do I need to be prepared to like analyze and no connect dots.
Speaker 4: No, it's a very very easy story to tell.
Speaker 5: It's a story that was you know, it's three thousand years old, and it's it was told before, you know, people saying it to each other. So it's a story that was by very necessity dumbed down to the point where anybody can understand it, you know. And so it's a very very simple story. But but it's the the angle he takes on it, and why Odysseus doesn't make it home, and and and why Agamemnon is waiting to get into Troy. It's just it's fascinating how he does it. It's just well, and my goodness, what's her name?
Speaker 4: A lady who played the.
Speaker 3: Monster and oh you're talking about chart last their own Oh my god.
Speaker 4: There she's number one on the planet for most beautiful women in the world.
Speaker 3: I don't even I didn't even know if I knew that she was in this.
Speaker 5: She yeah, do you oh you know, Corey, do you remember a million years ago you were new on the show go On and we were doing this bit where your favorite things of all time, favorite book of all time, favorite, and one of the categories was favorite painting of all time. And and you said, does anybody have a favorite pain? And I said I did, And you go, what was it? I said, it's Calypso and it's at the Minnesota Museum of Art. Do you remember us had another.
Speaker 3: Conversation vaguely, but I would have never remembered the actual.
Speaker 5: She plays Calypso, and it's she's essentially his therapist. It's just an interesting take. But the monsters and the things they go through and the relationships with people, I think it's wonderful.
Speaker 4: Have you read The Odyssey a few times?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, yeah, I feel like but you don't think I'm gonna the fact that I have not read the don't even really know that much other than there's a guy who's trying to get home.
Speaker 4: I promise you one. I promise you one.
Speaker 7: Okay, But he sees a casino along the.
Speaker 2: Way, water gets to do his gearbox or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yes, yes, But.
Speaker 3: Can I ask a philosophical acting question right now? Do we believe that, even though he's now had a let's go, almost thirty year career, that Matt Damon is underrated?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I do believe, so, I.
Speaker 3: Would argue as an actor he might even be underrated because he's super prolific. He's in a bunch of stuff. But he's also fantastic in almost everything he's ever done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is. He's outstanding in the Born series.
Speaker 5: But again, I'll go back to her again, the lady you just said, thank you, she's my memory. She is.
Speaker 4: She emmotes with her face so well, she's just great.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: She steals the movie from me. But it's a great, great film. I encourage you to go see. It's three hours long, so take your time and be ready to sid But it passes by quickly.
Speaker 3: Okay, And how many times does a Christopher Nolan movie get like under an A minus in your own mind?
Speaker 2: Just hits home runs?
Speaker 4: Wait, do you see? You're gonna say, I want to see an entire movie about that character.
Speaker 3: So so you sure you want to see this? I mean, there's you just stream lady bugs, take a deep breath. Hey, as you can tell, I really like movie theater popcorn. You're gonna, yeah, you're gonna make it kel Yeah, I'm willing to bet in On Thursday. You come in and say to Chris, I thought Armageddon was just as good as you said he was gonna.
Speaker 2: Be you know what's funny. We watched that yesterday. That is a sob fest. Is a great film, right.
Speaker 12: I can see when Bruce Willis comes on the screen and is like, I'm not gonna be able to walk you down the aisle. I saw when when when she thinks Ben Affleck's character is dead, sad when he pushes him back in and says, take care of my little girl.
Speaker 2: Come on, are you looking at me?
Speaker 3: I've never seen it?
Speaker 2: Why have you not seen it? It looks terrible. It's so good and Jemmy is the Chris Hockey of it. Love so horny in that movie. It's so good.
Speaker 13: That's the.
Speaker 2: Jemmy can't control himself.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, kid, it's one hundred dollars, one hundred thousand dollars loan from a loan shark on their last day before they leave to go to a strip club.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let the man live. The world's gonna end it. The movie is called ar mcjetty Out of Time. I mean, you'll hate it, but.
Speaker 3: You're going to see it.
Speaker 2: Oh usually, now, it's good. It's such a brother.
Speaker 3: Watch the thirty fifth anniversary of Point Breaks, my buddy Luke's favorite movie.
Speaker 4: We know what Neil Armstrong said, there's no porn in space.
Speaker 2: Yeah yet. All right, now it's time for headlines presented.
Speaker 13: Vine Wow ye god, and we do it right?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 2: Thanks? Ell wrong.
Speaker 3: Let's go back to Hemyway for a second, because, like I said, I saw in the prep that it was his birthday right in nineteen or sorry, eighteen ninety ninety was born. He died in nineteen sixty one. Sauce, I want to challenge you with something.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 3: There's an urban legend that says Ernest Hemingway was once issued a challenge to write a story using only six words six words long. Now, according to Snopes and Wikipedia, this might not be true. So the whole thing might be made up. But it's because it's Hemingway. It's like, wow, that would be really cool if this actually happened. So what I'm about to say might not even have happened. It's just urban legend. But reportedly the six words story that he wrote. And I really want you to think about this because this is heavy as high. Yeah, this is terrible, he responded. Reportedly, maybe possibly maybe not with this six word story for sale, baby shoes never worn ge right, so think of how don't if someone's actually Hemingway right, who knows? Yikes, like that is what a loaded six words? That is like what happened there? So just for fun, I want you to write a six word story that can top Hemingways. Go, there's two exactly six words. Give us an entire story.
Speaker 14: Let me think a lot of people have been asking me about this. It it'd be tough to beat for sale.
Speaker 3: Baby shoes never one words?
Speaker 13: Okay, No, that's okay, that's seven words. Okay, the Beezer.
Speaker 2: Died and no, the Beezer died no one noticed. Yeah, sure the Beezer.
Speaker 7: You played the sound of the and now a story started.
Speaker 3: I just feel like even the word that is a waste of one of the six Theezer.
Speaker 2: Died alone and forgotten by M B y E or bhy you got to read it, or b.
Speaker 3: Tommy Tommy bye tom.
Speaker 2: You guess we all knew, Chris.
Speaker 3: There are rumors of a Rush residency at the Sphere in Las Vegas next year.
Speaker 5: Your thoughts perfect sense. And that's the perfect band to be in there. Rush heardly the perfect band. That's a band that doesn't move around a lot on stage. Their music is great and people love to. I think it'd be perfect, will be sweet.
Speaker 3: How about our friends Parker and Taylor in Vegas And it looked like they went to the Backstreet Boys at the Sphere, the back streets the Sphere sweet even in like the third to last row.
Speaker 2: It's so sweet.
Speaker 4: It's awesome, Yeah, just so fun.
Speaker 7: Do we think that now that there are more bands and shows and acts at the Sphere, is it becoming a little more affordable for sort of the general public to see a show?
Speaker 2: There? No, no, im.
Speaker 9: We sat in what like the fifth to last row Hogs and it was like four to twenty five ten.
Speaker 7: Right, it was worth it. It was that YouTube.
Speaker 2: There were more than two of us. Yeah, oh yeah, you yeah, But that's what I mean.
Speaker 7: Are we still paying four twenty five to sit five rows from the top for Backstreet Boys and Rush and Kenny Chesney?
Speaker 5: Probably so, because you probably play that pay that to go to sirt Sole in Vegas, you know.
Speaker 7: Okay, so that's just the price of a high quality show.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: In fact, I wrote a six word story about Hawk and Sauce scene that bandit the Sphere. If you want me to recite my six word story, go ahead, Daddy, two friends getting konged in Vegas.
Speaker 2: That's the whole story.
Speaker 3: Now again, you have to use your imagination, just like the baby Shoes, never one thing. You got to think what happened under?
Speaker 6: Do you?
Speaker 2: The Frankenstein machine? Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah he pays from time.
Speaker 2: Yeah he gets a little greasy, but Steiner pays once and all. I love it. Yeah. You remember the Great.
Speaker 3: American State Fair a couple of weeks ago that did not maybe go the way that some people thought.
Speaker 2: It was going to go.
Speaker 3: You remember that was the concert and the fair that where all those acts were dropping out and then they were saying like, oh, I didn't know this was going to be political. I got to get out of here. So at the end there were very few remaining and that was a big deal. Whatever. Well, a couple of the ones that were hanging on by a thread, Vanilla Ice Sure and Fab from Milli Vanilli. What they were I thought he was dead now the other one's dead. No, I thought they both were dead. No, but just the one. Oh my god, well saw great news. Vanilla Ice and Fab from Millie Vanilli have booked their next gig.
Speaker 7: I mean America's three hundred.
Speaker 2: No offense.
Speaker 9: No offense to this place, Loose Line Brewery.
Speaker 3: You can't make this up. You cannot make up what I'm about to say. Guess where they're playing. It's it's not a venue per se, it's an event. It's been mentioned on this show multiple times in the last week the NFL season JEEP, specifically last Friday, Power Trip Vegas, No Fremont.
Speaker 9: Streets, Nope, who is here Friday? Who's here Friday? Oh my gosh, you just playing the Gathering of.
Speaker 3: The They are playing the Gathering of the Juggalos, the ice ICP Festival.
Speaker 2: Vanilla Ice is going to be at the Gathering of the Juggalos.
Speaker 9: You know what that means, w you'll see both of That means going to watch him both.
Speaker 4: I loved him so much.
Speaker 2: That's nice of you.
Speaker 3: All right, again, we promised that we were going to learn something in the power today, because we we haven't learned much. Jas would know this because he was around in nineteen sixty nine. Here's something right that I think Zach's gonna know this, Chris might know this, Bonus might know this. I'm going to guess Marnie and Sauce and I would have not been anywhere near this no offense for the three of us, So we can you two can guess for Sauce and Marnie. In nineteen sixty nine, Neil Armstrong and buzz Aldrin famously spent a little time on the moon On this day they blasted off of the moon after how long being on the surface? How long were they actually on the moon. That's something people don't think about. They've seen, you know, photos or video. They're like, hey, we did it, But was he? Were they there for twenty minutes? Were they there for six days? How long were Neil Armstrong and buzz Aldron on the moon before they blasted off? Saw take a shot? Well, I'm going to guess they were there for a half hour our Marnie.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's not a bad guess because they had to record the.
Speaker 2: That was recorded in the studio small step.
Speaker 7: For man giantly for mankind.
Speaker 3: Forty five minutes, five minutes, John Bonas, take a shot.
Speaker 8: I think it's longer than that. I'm gonna guess longer than that. I'm gonna go four and a half hours.
Speaker 3: Okay, Chris, Chris, I think Chris might have known this all right, Let's see if zach nails this Zaches, this stuff.
Speaker 2: I thought the moonwalk was alone.
Speaker 1: When they were actually out of the thing was like close to like it was like a little over three hours or something.
Speaker 2: So that's just the moonwalk. I think they were there for May. Yeah, about a day, a little over a day, bad, Zachary.
Speaker 3: Twenty one and a half hours was how long they were on they blasted off of the almost a whole day.
Speaker 2: Did not know that that didn't either. Fascinating. All right, I'll try this one, saw, so I want you to use your your brain.
Speaker 3: What one and fifty three years ago today, Jesse James and this group held up the Rock Island Express near Adare, Iowa. If you're listening anywhere near a Deare, Iowa ray a spot of Jordan's son. That was his quote, first train robbery. Maybe that's even what it was called, the first train robbery. Only six thousand dollars was reported loss, which is a lot of money at the time. But still six thousand was reported lost, but it actually was more like sixty five thousand. Why was six thousand the reported number, Paul Man when it was really sixty five thousand. What do you think that the reported number was six.
Speaker 2: What time is it?
Speaker 3: Actually, you can't stall for seven minutes?
Speaker 2: I surprised. Well, he's thinking, you guys can kist. This is a stupid get That's what I want. It's why I asked one. I have two guesses.
Speaker 3: I would love to hear them both.
Speaker 2: Was it out of like was it out of like fear?
Speaker 9: Like they didn't want like people knowing that like trains had that much money?
Speaker 3: Is one hundred percent correct answer. The train company didn't want the public to know that they had that much money on the train, so they said it was only six thousand dollars, but Jesse James got sixty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: They didn't want to encourage it.
Speaker 3: You nailed it. We didn't want anybody to know.
Speaker 7: Not a lot of money at that time.
Speaker 3: Sixty five sixty five k in what eighteen seventy three?
Speaker 2: How great was the train robbing? Been on red dead redemption?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean hawks didn't get off the mountain because he kept punching his horsey.
Speaker 3: Speaking of speaking of hawk punching a horsey, Oh, tropical storm Bertha is threatening the Gulf coast.
Speaker 2: Chris, you go lask because you're the only one that knows the answer.
Speaker 3: So for the rest of us, has Chris slept with a Bertha?
Speaker 2: Yes or no? Just a yes or no? Was Can I ask a follow up? Was it a nickname?
Speaker 3: Does it happen to be that has to be on the certificate? Birth certificate Bertha? Yes or no?
Speaker 7: Birth?
Speaker 2: I'm going no, there's just too few.
Speaker 3: I'm going there's too few. He would I'm not saying he would or wouldn't. I'm just saying he hasn't. I'm gonna say no, Paul.
Speaker 2: He did say he'd sleep with the female equivalent. This isn't.
Speaker 10: This has I'm going no, Martie, yes or no. I'm just say that's a that's a generation before him, that's.
Speaker 2: Never stopped him. No. Age is just a number. You're gonna go no.
Speaker 3: Bonus.
Speaker 4: He doesn't remember enough names.
Speaker 2: Well played, so she said no.
Speaker 3: Zach Now, okay, we're basically all saying no, Chris.
Speaker 4: I've never known a Bertha discriminating.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's the problem.
Speaker 4: I've known some ladies who gave Bertha not long after.
Speaker 2: Ignorant golf question. Isn't there a birth of like a big Bertha.
Speaker 1: There's a birth of Minnesota. My buddy of friend of mine's from there up by Staples.
Speaker 4: Well let's go.
Speaker 3: Siri thinks we're asking for directions because Bertha's minds on strange anyway, tropical storm Bertha headed towards.
Speaker 2: The golf game.
Speaker 8: Man, be careful there, Yeah, you would, for sure, But whatever, Man, I scared.
Speaker 3: Listen all right, last one for me tonight, apparently on tn T is the series premiere of Shacks. Don't man, What's this is?
Speaker 2: Is Hawk's nightmare show.
Speaker 4: I Love Basketball, I Love Shack.
Speaker 3: This is a series of basketball dunking events where twenty four of the world's best dunkers compete for a half a million dollar first place prize and another two hundred thousand dollars in performance bonuses. So we always talk about all the The dunk Contest has years where it's like, man, there was just no creativity there, nothing happened. Once in a while you get the Aaron Gordon versus Zach Lavin and you're like, man, that was unbelievable. We've never seen anything like that. This year was not that case anyway. So but sometimes the street dunkers are the ones that really have something we've never seen before. So maybe that's what this is Martie. Maybe you like basketball?
Speaker 2: Any interested in? It's her hard pass.
Speaker 7: I mean I'll watch a highlight, I'm sure, but I don't have high host. I do love Shack. He's entertaining.
Speaker 2: I say this with all due respect.
Speaker 4: Wait give it, hell, are up burd.
Speaker 9: Chris Hockey would rather be thrown from a helicopter than washing Yep.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's close.
Speaker 9: If he had to sit down and watch all of this, couldn't be on his phone and had to watch and retain the information, he'd rather be thrown from a helicopter.
Speaker 4: When there's days when to be thrown from a helicopter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean last Thursday, you might have been.
Speaker 4: Me and Jimothy and Bertha going out serious.
Speaker 2: Probably has the same spine as Jimmy. Doesn't stop.
Speaker 3: What if there's a Bertha currently listening to this podcast.
Speaker 2: It's just an absolute smoke, is just.
Speaker 3: A nine and a half going like it's just a name. I'm just smoking hot and I'm smoking My parents named me birth. I don't understand why.
Speaker 1: We should try to find the hottest birtha.
Speaker 4: Birth Hockey cave relax. I just want to know. I feel like Corey's right.
Speaker 2: You want to know what love is. There's one out there waiting for Christ. Reach out by a d M and go hi, Bertha.
Speaker 4: Maybe she's a soulmate.
Speaker 2: You want to watch dunk Man with me tonight on let's go.
Speaker 5: We're going to do some Duncan and I'll get you some dunk on the way home.
Speaker 4: That's bad.
Speaker 2: She has rewards points. You don't even have to call Marty. Will see you Friday or not? You are going to come in and hang out on Friday?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 2: Your friend Elizabeth Es will be here.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, she'll be here. She gotta come say Johnny Bones, see you in a week. See you on Monday. Do you play on Monday?
Speaker 2: Plays on Monday? All right?
Speaker 6: Go?
Speaker 3: Oh that's right, you guys square off on Monday soon?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Well said?
Speaker 2: All right? Nine to noon is next to power Trip Morning to returns tomorrow five thirty to nine.
Speaker 4: See then a happy birthday, Birthdays looking everybody.
Speaker 3: From the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by Northern Tool and Equipment.
Speaker 7: Good morning, we have delays on thirty five