Speaker 1: Alex Warn and Jelly Roll on kd WB. Just little heads up. Connections is super super tricky today, so don't don't fall into the trap before you start guessing.
Speaker 2: Then take your time on connections.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I'm gonna throw you some scenarios here for Valentine's Day, and you tell me whether this is a red flag or not. Okay, So there's gonna be some big romantic gestures made on Valentine's Day. You know, somebody might I don't know, do something wonderful like pick you up in a limo and then take you out to I don't know name a nice restaurant, Manny's or somewhere like that, and then you know, rent a hotel room and put flowers all over the bed and things like that. But you know it's probably not gonna happen. Well, I want to give you some So you're dating a new person and vont it can be a boy or a girl. So you're in here too, Okay, so tell me whether this is a romantic gesture or like creepy red flag. Okay, Okay, shows up at your job unannounced with flowers.
Speaker 3: I think it could be for the fifty but I'll just lead towards This is romantic, Okay.
Speaker 4: I would say romantic.
Speaker 5: But if they feel like they have to stick around and don't respect that you are at work, creepy okay, Jenny.
Speaker 4: I would say creepy.
Speaker 2: Honestly, Jenny, what's with the glasses today?
Speaker 4: Glasses?
Speaker 6: Okayses, they're not prescription.
Speaker 3: You think we just want to wear these all day long as a actual glasses?
Speaker 2: Where you think I just want to wear these?
Speaker 4: It's not a fashion choice.
Speaker 6: Man, I walked into some hostility.
Speaker 2: No hostility at all. You look lovely in there.
Speaker 1: You look like the hot librarian in a movie like you. Yeah, it's the nerd girl. That's like the hot librarian. And she got her hair pulled back in a tight bun and you're like, she's a nerd. Then she takes your glasses off.
Speaker 4: She a freak.
Speaker 2: Course she stuff woman.
Speaker 4: You want to know what it's like to be a nerd?
Speaker 2: Okay? All right?
Speaker 1: Next one, this is red grand romantic gesture or red flag. They have a pet name for you after the second date. No red flag?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Is it a bit that they call you babe? Then that's a.
Speaker 2: Fun that's funny, Scooby. They call you Scooby. You don't like Scooby is a pet name that's cute because you like snacks.
Speaker 6: I think that makes I was gonna say, I feel like that's a pet name for a dog about Yeah, but that's why it's cute.
Speaker 2: It's a pet name, Scoob.
Speaker 3: If you say, well, because you like snacks, I know you love eating, and then you like like scuob.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Romantic gesture or red flag? They write a love song for you and they perform it for you at a party Bailey, No, No.
Speaker 5: That's it's given Ken in the Barbie movie where they play the guitar and they stare at you because they want you to like it, and you're like, get me out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I say red flag for sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah big? No, Okay, what about this one. You're like two weeks into the relationships. Pretty early, they text you good morning hands or good morning beautiful with a heart at the start of each day. Good morning handsome, good morning beautiful. I think that's adorable.
Speaker 2: I think that's sweet too. Yeah, have with it.
Speaker 1: They insist on pay for everything. Is that a romantic gesture or is it a red flag?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: Remember this could be a boy or a girl sounds great to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was gonna say, I'm cool with that.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think it's cool. If Alyssa offered, I wouldn't let her. But I would just love the fact that she's, you know, trying to be like you know what, you don't have to do everything, let me take care of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gotcha.
Speaker 1: And one more, they post long love paragraphs about you every single week on Facebook.
Speaker 4: No what's wrong with you?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 5: I will say I have said that I would like a man to be a little bit obsessed with me.
Speaker 4: You have said that, and that does include.
Speaker 5: The occasional posting a picture of me and talking about how great I am.
Speaker 2: That would be nice. Okay, yeah, but every week.
Speaker 5: Maybe not every week, but maybe you know, like and Facebook's on Facebook?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: But that's a good point. Yeah, like your mom's on Facebook? People or not there. I told this story before, and I think it's kind of a cliche. I knew a couple in Ohio and he cheated on her and we're pretty sure that he was into men. So she and he both would regularly post on Facebook about how they're going on a date with their lover, their best friend. They just love this person, so much, and the few people who knew about their circumstances, the cheating and the fact that he liked men, were like, uh huh, this doesn't ring true. I think if you really love someone, genuinely, confidently, comfortably, contently love somebody, you don't need you don't feel the need to go on Facebook and proclaim that, you know what I mean. It's kind of like if you're wealthy, you don't need to be like I bought a brand new fur coat today to go with my matching Mercedes.
Speaker 3: You just are now, don't get me wrong, You still can, just not as often as that. Ifinally going to probably post a listen from to Valentine's Day tomorrow or something, but it's not like an every week this is my baby or this is the love of my life, and I'll do anything like that's just too much like you're trying to prove something.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I would do that for my dog Bernie, but probably not for Susan. I'd be like, Bernie turns three years old to day. He has been the best boy. Who's a good boy. Who's a good.
Speaker 2: Boy, Bernie.
Speaker 1: Then I posted a picture of him in a little birthday hat and Susan's birthday, It's like, yeah, happy birthday.
Speaker 4: Did you post anything on social media for a birthday?
Speaker 2: Certainly not? Certainly not.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 6: I took him on Facebook, so I was like, I don't know if you did on Facebook.
Speaker 1: I took her out to Lola's Lakeside over in Waconia.
Speaker 3: How was it?
Speaker 1: I fired a Walleye sandwich down her throat so.
Speaker 6: That I'm assuming, yeah, yeah, did you like the RV show?
Speaker 2: We didn't go. She didn't want to go. Now we're gonna go this weekend.
Speaker 1: A lot of stuff going on, so all right, what's going on on the show?
Speaker 2: To First?
Speaker 1: Can I talk to you about the Olympics for a minute. Yeah, did anybody watch the women's cross country schime last night? It was a amazing not for anything in the race, but when they crossed the finish line, they were literally so exhausted. They would drop to the ground and lay there and moan and pant and look like they were so I've never seen a human being so exhausted. I finished a marathon before, and I'm exhausted, but I got the energy to walk over and get my metal and my banana. Well it wasn't but they're working so hard, they've got nothing left. And it wasn't just one woman. Every woman that crossed the finish line had nothing left and they laid there. It was like, wow, that's astonishing for like two minutes or so wo until they could get up then and you didn't watch any of the Olympics. But my favorite new sport is the competitive snowboard races where there's four snowboarders.
Speaker 2: Yes, isn't that the coolest?
Speaker 1: That is my favorite new sport because they're all like neck and necks sliding down this hill and it's Jenny and I both snowboard and it looks like something.
Speaker 2: We could do that if we try. Yeah, we can think. I know we couldn't, but we think we could do it if we tried.
Speaker 6: There's always a meme that goes around. It's like, I am please asking for the million of time, put one regular person in next to these olympians so I can understand how good these people really are, because they're all like the best of the best. So we're like, oh, that one in fourth, pathetically, but really like they would whoop any of us at any given day.
Speaker 5: Katie captured with me a video that does that exact thing.
Speaker 4: It's this woman who's like.
Speaker 5: I've always wondered what it would be like to be the one regular person in the Olympics.
Speaker 4: So she did the whole.
Speaker 5: Cross country like thing that everybody else was doing and her time was like eighty times the person who came in last last in the Olympics. Yeah, I'll send it to Jenny.
Speaker 1: This is a Scottish really is cool. All right, We'll be back with War of the Roses coming up in a second. It's fun War of the Roses. And then it is the day before Valentine's Day, so we're doing Valentine's Day shout outs a little bit later on this morning. We had a ton of fun with this yesterday. Basically, if you want to start one early, you go on the talkback feature on the iHeartRadio app and use the red microphone and say, hey, I want to give a shout out to my girlfriend Hillary and I love you for fifteen years. Let's hope for another one hundred blah blah blah blah blah and leave that and then call or text Hillary or whoever your sweetheart to say, listen to Katie. Would you be around seven o'clock? Why just trust me listen around seven o'clock, So leave the talkback now and then we'll do that around seven o'clock. But one of the roses comes up next on Katie four. By the way, you need a song sing along song suggestion, So if you want to let us know, we would love to sing sing Yeah, we're gonna sing one for you. We're gonna play one for you. So sending a text at katie' would you be one and let me know what song you want to sing along with? Get a shout out to Kayla from your sister. Tomorrow was her birthday and we're not on tomorrow, so shout out to Kayla.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday.
Speaker 1: Valentine's Day birthday all right, it is Valentine's Day this weekend. If you haven't got your sweetheart of Valentine's Day gift, you can still get her something or him if you got a Costco close by. They're selling a giant chocolate heart that everybody's going crazy for. It is five and a half pounds, which is the size of a newborn baby.
Speaker 4: I don't think I would want that.
Speaker 2: No nobody wants it.
Speaker 1: Typically sells for about eighty seven dollars, but right now customers have been seeing it on sale four, nineteen ninety seven. The followers of the Costco Hot Finds Instagram page have been raving about how good it is too.
Speaker 4: I love that. It's really Oh, it's so good.
Speaker 1: There's a page Costco Hot Finds.
Speaker 6: There's an Instagram page at Costco hot Finds, and she does a fantastic job of like weekly bi weekly I don't even know of, like showing new things that are at Costco that you can get.
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't get the chocolate heart though, get what every woman wants. Nerds Gummy Clusters has a big, big bag, really huge bag. Nerds Gummy Clusters.
Speaker 1: They have a new juicy gues like juice inside the cluster, inside the gum me. So it's a three layers of sinful delight. So you got the squirt in your mouth, which was Jenny's nickname in high school. There it is, and then you got the gummy and then you have the Nerds wrapped around the outside.
Speaker 2: That looks really good.
Speaker 4: The super Bowl, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, thank you. I'm happy.
Speaker 5: There's also like the flowers that they have at Costco are really nice too. You could get flowers there if you need flowers for your Valentine's take it.
Speaker 2: I'm writing all this down, bailly.
Speaker 6: Do you think regular I'm sorry, I don't want to distract from your story, but since we're talking about presents, do you think regular guys listening right now?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Can you tell me what you got him for Valentine's Day? Yes?
Speaker 2: She told me.
Speaker 5: If regular guy, if you're listening, turn off the radio right now. If you know him, do not say anything. Well, it's not that exciting. But so instead of getting kombucha maker, because I was going to get him like a build your own kombucha, but he really likes old fashions, so I got him like an old fashioned like glass and then like it's pre made old fashion. But then I got like orange rindes that you could put it in and Sherry's and I'm gonna set that all out like is like a package for oh. And then I got him ice cubes, those like giant ice cubes that men like, you know, the square ones, the big huge square ones like yeah exactly, men like.
Speaker 2: Like I don't know what.
Speaker 5: And then he is I think he's like a really good writer, but he doesn't have like the outlet to write. So I printed off three hundred writing prompts and I cut them all up and I put them in like a little pouch, and then I made a little playlist of writing music so that he can write something.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's very, very thoughtful.
Speaker 5: But for that one, that one's almost like for me to aid his creative juices, because I feel like he should use creativity on a daily basis.
Speaker 4: So that one was mostly for me, but the old fashions for him. What are you getting Susan for Valentine?
Speaker 1: I got her something first of all. I went down to Eden Prairie Cemetery. Yeah, and I found some plastic flowers that had not really faded very much. Nice and so why put them in a gatorade bottle that I found on the side of Galpin Boulevard and chan Hassen.
Speaker 6: Well, that's a step up from you going to Fort Snelling Cemetery.
Speaker 4: I do you decided not to go there anymore?
Speaker 1: Don't want to disrespect the veterans, Yes, by stealing their flowers off the gray but eating prairie it's just some old bag that died.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: You're gonna tell me you're getting her sweaty.
Speaker 1: No, that doesn't happen anymore sweaty. No, not anymore at all.
Speaker 5: Because you're gonna leave her outside, She's gonna panic because she can't get in, so she gets sweaty.
Speaker 2: All right, what's our singing long song of the day.
Speaker 1: While you're looking for that, I got one more story for you about Valentine's Day? So kind of the classic candlelight first date might be losing ground of fast food, you guys. Out of fifteen hundred singles ages eighteen all the way up to sixty one, two out of three said they'd be open to grabbing that first date meal at a fast food place. The top choice Chick fil A, followed by raising canes, then in and out. So why the shift? Singles say fast food feels low pressure, affordable and relaxed, and coffee shops are another favorite budget friendly pick, especially among women, followed by ice cream, mini golf, bowling, and arcades. But of course everybody is sold on the idea. One third of women say a fast food date feels low effort, and one out of five men feel the same way.
Speaker 3: I saw a trend though, that people are wearing like fancy outfits, as if you're go into like a Manni's or something. But to the fast food restaurants.
Speaker 2: I think it is kind of a funny bit.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 1: I wish there was like a I don't know all those things. Like the best arcade near me is nowhere near me at all. It's can Can Wonderland, which is on the way on the other side of town. I've been there once. I've bet love Can Canned Wonderland. And they have like retro games, they have new games. They have the wall of beer taps, like the automatic computerized high tech beer taps. They got good food. They have free pinball machines. It's a badass place. It is a forty five minute drive at least from my house.
Speaker 2: Ge Is.
Speaker 5: I swore there was one in like South Minneapolis, like a pinball bar.
Speaker 2: It is called Up Down Well Up Down.
Speaker 5: Still there and lit pinball bars still there, But those are both in town, so you would have to go there.
Speaker 4: But that's closer to you than can Can.
Speaker 1: I guess, so, I guess, man, But we'll stay a home on the couch and watch the Olympics tonight anyway, probably better, Okay, I.
Speaker 6: Put some options in there. I don't know what we want to do. What we want to decide on booty. Let's just by Destiny's Child Party in the USA, Miley or Down by Jay Sean.
Speaker 1: I say down, Down, Down, Down, down down. Hey, everybody loved that song. Here we go with your sing along song of the day. Sing along, It'll make you feel better.
Speaker 2: Dave's dirt on Katie w B know.
Speaker 1: Today was World Radio Days, so shout out to radio people and the people who love radio. Oh that's you, So World Radio Day is today. I was watching in the Olympics last night and I don't really have anything official to report, but the women who did the cross country skiing were just amazing because they would cross the finish line and they would fall on the ground in exhaustion. They had nothing left. And I thought, that is the worst f and sport in the world, if you're so exhausted when you cross the finish line that you just about pass out. And I know they got to try, try, try, but that's like, no, I don't want to work that hard, right, I mean, no metal is worth that. But I guess that's what you's gonna do to win when you're an Olympia And I guess so. And then the four person downhill snowboard racing. That is my new favorite sport. That is so cool to watch. And they're all in colorful different jerseys and it's like, oh, okay, there's the Austrian and there's the American. Of course the American is like, you know, fifteen yards behind the Austrian. Those guys, you know. And then and I told Jenny earlier, I said, we both snowboard cheese well a lot better than I do. But it looks like you could actually do it. It's like, oh, I could get by do that.
Speaker 4: We could do it.
Speaker 2: Looks kind of fun me easy like.
Speaker 6: So there's been a lot of love happening at the Olympics. People are getting engaged. So Olympic skier Breezy Johnson is going home with a gold medal and an engagement, and here she is getting engaged at the finish line.
Speaker 7: You have worked so hard and a sheeps so much, and yet you still find the time to love me, to make me feel special, and most importantly, you help me love myself. There's only one way I want to spend the rest of my life, and.
Speaker 2: That is by your side. I love you, Will you marry me?
Speaker 6: She went and posted on her Instagram, she goes, hey, guys, meet Connor, my ex boyfriend and current fiance. Thank you to everyone who made this moment possible. It was everything I ever dreamed of. Kind of like Connor. So apparently they broke up at one point, but now no I engaged.
Speaker 5: I think that's the joke is that he used to be her boyfriend, but now he's her fiance.
Speaker 4: So he's her ex boyfriend.
Speaker 6: Oh I thought maybe like they were woke up and then they got back together and now okay, I like honey.
Speaker 5: One of the grass dancers from Bad Bunny super Bowl halftime show is selling their costume on eBay, including the entire outfit, along with the innier audio credentials and the snacks that they were given.
Speaker 4: Dave, guess how much they're selling it for?
Speaker 2: Two hundred dollars?
Speaker 4: No, but five thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: But like you always say, you can say what you want to sell it for, but will you actually sell it for that much?
Speaker 2: Well, that's exactly right.
Speaker 1: I mean it could offer this like this pen right here, I could say I'm gonna put it on eBay minimum bit of four thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: We'll go for that now, right, but I think it was we were all like shocked when we realized all of that grass was actually people in all of those little moving grasses. They all ran out onto the field. But yeah, now they're gonna try and sell it. We'll see if that one piece of grass, No, it's for like the whole their whole outfit.
Speaker 4: So they got like.
Speaker 1: Grain sweat one out there, one out, five thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: For five thousand dollars. Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 3: Do you want to hear one of our favorite songs being ruined by kids? Yeah, Shaboozie partnered up with Kids Bop and they did a bar song and David can play a little clip for me.
Speaker 1: Everybody at the place, say it with me. That's adorable. Seriously. Good shout out to the parents who keep their kids away from songs about drinking booze with a drunk girl on the bar. Not us, not us, No, that's your responsibility.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Backs Three Boys one of the greatest bands of all time. They want to do the halftime show. So here is AJ asking the crowd of a Backstreet Boys show if they should do the Super Bowl halftime show.
Speaker 2: What do you guys think?
Speaker 1: Oh, Three Boys twenty twenty seven Super Bowl halftime.
Speaker 2: I would watch it great. That would be so low.
Speaker 1: They should, I mean have a boy band reunion like they had all the Rap star reunion like five ish years.
Speaker 2: Really very very cool.
Speaker 4: So nice.
Speaker 1: All right, Valentine's Day shout outs, We're gonna do them next. This is gonna be kind of fun Valentine's Days tomorrow. So you use the talkback feature on the iHeartRadio app. When you open up the app, there's a red microphone in the top right and you tap that. It opens up a box that says, okay, record here. You tap record to count you down three, two one, I zeldous. I want to give a shout out to my wife Scilla, and Silla you mean the world to me and I can't wait to come home from tour and knock boots with you.
Speaker 2: Something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So use that talkback feature. Then text the person that you're giving the shout out to and say, turn on kat able to be.
Speaker 2: Why trust me?
Speaker 1: Turn on kat Able to Be and they're gonna hear their shout out coming up in a few minutes. So go do that now and we'll play them back in about five minutes,