Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 1: fIF This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 4: Here we go again.
Speaker 5: We get very running back.
Speaker 1: To get in on the show called eight six six eighty seven two five seven days and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you catch short podcasts. And now your host, here's Tim Kakes.
Speaker 2: Well disappointing into the road trip, but overall a great road.
Speaker 5: Trip for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Dodger Talk on this hot, muggy Sunday afternoon here in southern California.
Speaker 5: Hope you're enjoying your weekend.
Speaker 2: Hope you're staying cool no matter where you're at, if you're buying some water the beach, the lake, the pool, or just driving.
Speaker 5: Around with the ac on. We appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being a part of the show and listening on this Sunday after if you want to be a part of it. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy we're gonna hear from image She and an we're gonna hear from our own Rick Monday, who is not on the broadcast this weekend, thanks to Jose Modo, who did a great job for the last three days of the City.
Speaker 5: Field of New York filling in for mo.
Speaker 2: Rick is in Cooperstown, New York, because this is Hall of Fame's election weekend, as they were all inducted into the Hall of Fame, the newest inductees of course, Jeff Kent, former Dodger, Andrew Jones, former Dodger, Carlos Beltran, all three going into the Hall of Fame, and congratulations to those three on their election and induction today with.
Speaker 5: The ceremony in upstate New York.
Speaker 2: And there's a great ceremony and tribute and display set up at the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown for Rick Monday because this is the fifty year anniversary when he came in and swooped up that American flag and left field as a member of the Chicago Cubs at Dodgers Stadium when those two animals were on the field trying to light and burn the American flag and Rick went in and saved it. So a great tribute and display there at the Hall of Fame, and Rick is there this weekend for that. Tol here from Rick Monday, but we also here from you at eight sixty six, nine, eight to seven two five seventy. A lot to get to and a lot to digest from this road trip, which again when you look at the whole nine games and what the Dodgers were able to do. A complete game from Yamamoto against the Yankees, they took two or three in Bronx and ran out that Saturday in New York. Then they go to Philadelphia, they'd take two of three. The only game they lose is to Christopher Sanchez. They have a day off, but yet it's not really a day off because they were going to Washington, DC. Got in late, woke up, went to Capitol Hill, went to the White House and saw the President, and then had to bust up to New York and get ready for a three game weekend set back in New York, this time in Queens against the Mets. And they still take two with three and this was a road trip.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 2: David Vese talked about it on his Instagram live on AFI seven E LA Sports earlier today and he hit it right on the head. We all looked at this nine game road trip before the All Star Break as one of those pivotal points of the season. I know they have a double digit lead in the NL West, but momentum wise, how would they come out of the All Star break with five players, a coaching staff show, hey Otani getting some work done on his knee. How are they going to come out of all of that on an East Coast roadie with nine games and ten days and the only off days a trip to another city to be recognized for what you did last year.
Speaker 5: There's a lot going on on this road trip.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of moving parts against teams fighting for playoff spots and a Phillies team that likes to think they're a contender in the National League with the Dodgers. So the Dodgers, when you look back at what they did winning all three series, taking two or three from the Yankees, taking two of three from the Phillies, and then finishing off taking two of three against the Mets, albeit losing today, stings.
Speaker 5: It's a pretty.
Speaker 2: Gosh darn good road trip for the Dodgers coming out of the All Star break and get your feet off and run in here. And when you think about what's coming up for the Dodgers, not just schedule wise, but roster wise. Man, how can you not be excited to see what is returning for this Dodgers team off the injured list? And oh yeah, the trade deadline is eight days away on August third. We can get into that as well. Eight sixty six ninety eighty seven two five seventy Dodgers Baseball, brought to you by Midello Madelo, The Mark of a Fighter. Wef off night Dodger Talk tomorrow night from seven to eight o'clock. We're really gonna get into the trade deadline there because a lot of speculation, will the Dodgers be in on tarring Schoobel, will the Tigers even trade him? And then to me, there's a drastic fall off between Schooble and everybody else. And because of that, as I've mentioned numerous times here on Dodger Talk, what the Dodgers getting back off the injured list. Trump's what there could possibly do in a trade and what they can get in return.
Speaker 5: But I also have to give up something to get something.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers are one of those teams and you don't see this very often in fact, I'm trying to think of another team or another Dodger year in which they had this much talent on the injured list coming back to bolster to inject life, if you will, into the team that's already got the best record in baseball, into a team that's already now got a twelve game lead in the division in this year's Dodgers. And you got Keky Hernandez coming off the injured list on Tuesday. Wow, when Keyk is healthy, he's KEYK.
Speaker 5: He's mister reliable. He's missed October.
Speaker 2: Certainly right after that on Wednesday, in the second game against Seattle, Edwin Diaz is scheduled to come off the injured list. He's gonna throw his final tune up in a minor league rehab appearance today and be good to go on Wednesday. We haven't seen him since April, Folks, We've got most of the season without Edwin Diaz. I can't remember the last time we heard those beautiful trumpets going off at Dodger Stadium. And then past that, you're a few weeks away from Blake Snell returning, made two appearances already in the minor leagues, set to make a third.
Speaker 5: One on Wednesday, and if he can get to four innings.
Speaker 2: Dave Roberts has already alluded to the fact he could come back and join this rotation. What ten days, two weeks from now, that's kind of that timeline when he could jump back into this rotation. And even further down the line is Tyler Glassnew and then not even to mention Will Smith. So they got so many players coming back off of injured list, I think trump what they can go out and get at the trade deadline far superior players in my mind, contributors and fit into the piece of the puzzle here better than what you can go out and get the trade deadline, and you're not having to give up any equity in it. No minor league prospects would be lost if that were the case.
Speaker 5: Eight six, six seventy. So the road trip was a success.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers got the trade deadline coming up, and they're getting players back here off of the injured list, two of them on this next series against the Seattle Manners. Eight sixty six nine seven two five seventy.
Speaker 5: Is a number.
Speaker 2: It's just been a really good run here for the Dodgers coming out of the All Star break a really good run. All right, let's take some phone calls. We'll hear from Imma. She ain't coming up in just a couple of minutes. We'll hear from Rick Monday and again. Today was the Hall of Fame induction ceremony at Cooperstown, New York.
Speaker 5: Three guys went in.
Speaker 2: Andrew Jones played with the Dodgers at the end of his career, Jeff Kent went in as a giant unfortunately, but played for the Dodgers at the end of his career, and of course Carlos Peltron.
Speaker 5: All three going into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: I've looked ahead, Colin and I and I were looking ahead to the next year in twenty twenty seven. It's not a great class for the Hall of Fame. In fact, you can make an argument they may get one player elected into the Hall of Fame next year. I'm trying to think, and I'm gonna look this up during the break. Has there ever been a year where nobody got elected into the Hall of Fame? Because next year is not one of those. Wow, these guys are, no doubt first time Hall of famers, or these guys have been waiting so long. He deserves to get in finally, because this is a year in which it speaks to that person getting in because there's not a bunch of other first timers or no doubt about hers. It's interesting. We'll get into that as well here as Dodger Talk rolls on. All right, let's go out to the phones. Let's go to Bill and Mission Viejo starting us off here on Dodger Talk. On this Sunday after the Dodgers fallow, the Met's eight to three, Hi doing.
Speaker 4: Bill, Hi, thanks for taking my call. So Evan Phillips has given up to go ahead home running back to back Sundays now, and it's a little bit troubling because you know he might not be the same as he was before. And then also Will Klein struggling, and the Dodgers themselves have not had many home runs from a few players like Paez and Oscar Hernandez and the show. Hey, they're doing a home run droughts. So what do you think of all that?
Speaker 2: Well, I think they're gonna get right, and I appreciate the phone call Bill. It's a stretch in which show Hay is struggling. I mentioned it earlier with Jose on this road trip, seven for thirty eight, hitting one to eighty four, no home runs, eleven strikeouts. I gotta believe it's the knee. He just doesn't look the same at the plate. But he'll get right. I don't have any problems with that tasker. Hernandez starting to worry a little bit. He's chasing way too many pitches out of the strike zone and swinging and missing at pitches that are really out of the strike zone. Andy paj Has I'm not concerned about because when the guys around him get right, and Freddie certainly has been right, but when show Hay gets right above him, you know, I think Andy will get right as well.
Speaker 5: I think it's going to be a trickle down for those two guys.
Speaker 2: Taska is the one I'm a little bit worried about as far as the lineup is concerned, and they've Darney dropped him down towards the bottom third of the lineup, so I don't know how much further he can fall unless he goes all the way down to the ninth spot. But he's got to get right, and he's got to get right, and I think it's just a couple of games and seeing some positive results and he'll feel better at the play and we'll.
Speaker 5: Start seeing that ta Oscar Hernandez again.
Speaker 2: So much runway, so to speak, left in the second half of the season. You don't need to come out out of the gate and catch fire, and you know that's it. You just kind of peter out the rest of the way. You know, it's a marathon. These guys are gonna have their ups and downs right now. A couple of those guys are having their down portions of this season. But there's no doubt over the course of one sixty two. So he flipped the calendar to August next week, so we get into September. I have all the confidence that these guys are going to get right. As far as the relievers are concerned, it's a little concerning the amount of walks, and Dave Roberts sounded a very frustrated post game when we heard from him in the Dodgers of Clubout Show. Too many walks, too many free passes, and too many at bats where you're not throwing contested pitches and pitches that you know are you're trying, you're able to get swinging missus or get out. You know, too many pitches down the middle of the plate from Evan Phillips, and he's given up four home runs now in seven outings since coming back off the injured list will Climb. Will Climb, to me, is the biggest question mark in that bullpen as of recent He has not been really good, giving up too many runs, a lead off walk in the seventh, a second walk in the inning gets pulled, or it gives up the three run home run. So to me, it is a problem for will Climb as of late. And the good news is the Dodgers are so deep with the bullpen getting back Edwin Diaz, I think will kind of rearrange some of the high leverage Dodger back end bullpen guys and we may not see as much as We'll Climb in high leverage situations. And maybe that's not a bad thing. Maybe he needs to go in some situations that are not high leverage, where the Dodgers are either down or up, in a situation he can go out there and get some work in and again see some positive results, because that is a big thing in the game of baseball, is going out there and seeing what you're working on and the mechanics that you're working on a daily basis and grinding to see some positive results. Finally, to see some base hits, home runs as a hitter, to see strike and outs being made as a pitcher.
Speaker 5: It's amazing what it'll do for your psyche. Folks.
Speaker 2: Just think about your everyday life and when you see something positive happens, or something good in your life happens that you're working on or trying to get done.
Speaker 5: You know, whether you're working at home.
Speaker 2: Or do whatever, and you see something positive happen, you feel good about it and you're you're a little bit more confident in what you're doing. And I think that's just the case for some of these Dodger hitters, and certainly for Will Klein. In the Dodger bullpen, as Dave Roberts said, this isn't a bullpen that's taxed. This isn't a bullpen that you can say, wow, man, nine games in ten days and they were pitching half of those innings.
Speaker 5: They weren't.
Speaker 2: Dodgers starting pitchers have been really good out of the gate, coming out of the All Star Break. Dodger's bullpen is, you know, not had to do a lot of work, and certainly there weren't. That they did in the Philly series was good, and then New York was good the first time around against the Yankees. They just the last two games for whatever reason, just too many walks and too many bad count situations for guys like Evan Phillips and Will Clin in this Dodger's bullpen, and certainly Jack tryer Ga throw into that mix as well, walking two of the three batters that he faced to start off the sixth inning and giving up that three to one lead eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy.
Speaker 5: Eric in Hollywood is next up on Dodger Talk. What's up, Eric? How you doing? Dodder? Nay shit, it's been a.
Speaker 3: Minute man, How are you?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: Been listening to you? It's been great.
Speaker 5: Love your love.
Speaker 3: When you're on the radio, you always have something positive or saying You're always feeling me in And I've got to agree with you, man. I love this road trip. Six and three is fantastic coming out of the All Star break like that, and guys are starting to figure it out. And yes, I completely concur man. We don't need anything in the trade deadline and we don't get players to prevent other players from getting them. We make ourselves right, and Blake's coming back, Glassno's coming back. I am a little bit worried about Will. Been listening to Timmy, I mean, I'm sorry, been listening to DV and dv's got no news to give us, And well that's usually not a good sign. But Dolphin's coming around, and I really don't think we need a catcher. I think we could do it with Fonzie and with Dalton and everybody gets on him because he's emotional, but I want a guy like that. Man, he's got fire, you know, and you know, come playoff time. He had a little taste a bit last year, and I think he wants to take the crown on his own and kind of roll through these playoffs. But I'm excited.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: We look good, tim We look good. What should we be looking for?
Speaker 1: Then? Man?
Speaker 3: What should we be worried about that? I mean, because we're Dodger fans, I'm gonna worry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm out worried.
Speaker 5: I appreciate the phone call. Eric.
Speaker 2: I don't think the Dodgers are going to be actively going out there and trying to find a player. In my book, somebody that's gonna be a plug in, ready to go every day starter. I just don't think there's the need for that. Certainly, he can always look to get better on your roster, but man, you'll get this twenty six man roster, it's pretty deep. I mean, Alex Freelan is going to be going back to Triple A here in the next twenty four hours.
Speaker 5: When you see the return of Keith Aharnant.
Speaker 2: What are the Dodgers gonna do as far as the bullpen is concerned, Charlie Barnes probably the odd man out.
Speaker 5: They do.
Speaker 2: They put an injured list to a guy like Will Klein so he can rest a Jack Dryer who's already seen a stint on the IL. I mean, when you get Edwin Diaz back, you're gonna have to put somebody on the injured list, or you're gonna have to send somebody back to Triple A, Oklahoma City or DFAM.
Speaker 5: So there's roster moves to be made. And we're again seeing the.
Speaker 2: Depth of this Dodgers team and how good it is over the last couple of weeks, and now that we're seeing diz kyk down the road, Blake Snell even further down the road, Tyler Glass now returning is again in my mind, those are bigger pickups that you could go out and get into trade with somebody out there and having to give up or draft or trade equity in return. I just think you already have the guys in the house. There's no need to go out and do it. And I know there's a lot of talk about whether or not the Dodgers should be stoppers or blockers in it possible Terry Scougle trade. If the Brewers are a team, which here they are trying to go out and get a Terrek Scooble, do do you block that from happening? And I know David's adamant that they're not going to do it, and you can you can argue both sides. My personal opinion, just my personal opinion. If the Milwaukee Brewers are trying to go out and get Terrek Scooble.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers have to block it. The Dodgers have to.
Speaker 2: Go out and give up more and get Schooble in return. And why you ask, because I don't want to see Jacob Mizerowski Tarry Schooble Harrison in that possible matchup in the postseason with those three starters, folks. The miz today struck out seven straight batters to start the game against Colorado. He struck out eleven of the first twelve that he faced. The dude is nasty and he throws Trek Scouble in there and then they get Harrison back. That's a one two three punch you really don't want to see come October. When games are lower scored, you know, runs are at a premium more, you really have to, you know, win tight games. You know, three two to one, four to two. You're not blown out teams eight to three, or you're not blown out teams seven to one. They're closer games because the talent is closer than the Brewers are just right there with the Dodgers. So again, we'll get into an off night Dodger talk tomorrow because we'll be a week away from the trade deadline, which is again Monday, August. Thirtt's take it, take a quick time out, we'll come back. We'll hear from Immachina, We'll hear from Rick Monday, who has spent the weekend in Cooperstown, New York, for the Hall of Fame induction ceremony. And I want to get into next year. Three went in today. But will anybody be elected into the Hall of Fame next year in Major League Baseball?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: We'll find out. First time since nineteen sixty it happened in.
Speaker 5: Twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: No player in the twenty twenty one class reached the seventy five percent threshold needed for enshrinement.
Speaker 5: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Interesting, So we may see it again next year. We'll get into it. Dodgers lose the Mets eight to three at City Field in New York. Dodger Talk continues run Anti seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: On air at AM five to seventy, online at AM five seventy LA sports dot com, and available by podcast on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 5: This is Dodger Talk. Tim Kates with you here on this Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 2: Dodger Talk continues on Anti seventy LA Sports as the Dodgers fall to the Mets by final of eight to three. Freddie Freeman now top twenty five all time on the MLB career doubles list with an RBI double and the third The Dodgers took a three to one lead in the fourth inning on an Alfonso Rbi groundout, Dodgers were up three to one, handed it over to the bullpen after Imma Machine went five innings. Jack Dryer though while two of the three batters he faced a three run home run from Tyrone Taylor off Evan Phillips, who came into the game, retired or to relieve Jack Dryer, and then Will Klein gave up four more runs in the seventh inning, the Dodgers' bullpen seven unanswered runs, blowing the lead and the game. As the Mets win the finale eight to three. The Dodgers still take two to three, go six and three on this nine game road trip with series wins against the Yankees, the Phillies, and the Mets. Immit Sheen gave up back to back to back hits to lead off the first inning to the Mets, but then after that did not give up a hit the rest of the way, struck out five through eighty seven pitches, was in line for the win, but gets a no decision. Let's head back out to New York, Immit she and with the media.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think that's something I've been working on this year for sure, is just trying not to let it snowball like that, So yeah, I think first inning is a little off, and then was able to walk it in and just try to keep us there. Obviously it's not good to put us in a hole ever, but trying to keep it there, so like I did a good job.
Speaker 7: Let me look at just kind of as you kind of just mentioned, you know, we'll do a good job of selling back in. Is there something in specific that you've kind of found that you were working on kind of a glove tap to center, but it's just something that you've found mechanically or just mentally to put you back into a position so you can be a little bit more effective.
Speaker 8: I think just being convicted knowing the plan when we go out there. Me and Fanzi run on the same page all day, I thought, so getting with him in between innings and shammering down what we're gonna do when we get out there, so I'm convicted in it when I can throw it, says, I feel like when the game starts with three straight hits, just trying to kind of settle in there and get out of that spot and.
Speaker 7: Then you know, get deep into the game from there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, definitely, I mean I've been there before this year a few times. So I feel like if I didn't learn from it, then there's no point in it happening. So yeah, trying to just you know, change it a little bit and do what I can to keep us there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and bitch better.
Speaker 2: After the back to back to back hits that he gave up in the first inning, including Francisco Lindor RBI single, settled in, didn't have the best to command, still did to walk a couple of batters, but was able to get some chase and get some swing and missus and the Dodgers, though fall to the Mets by a final of eight to three. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Daniel Jewelers. They present the home Run Forecast for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniel Jewelers gift card. Just visit Anti seventy LA sports dot com with the keyword home run in your name and you can win. Daniels Jewelers owned the Dream Well. Today in Upstate New York. In Cooperstown, they had the Hall of Fame induction ceremony. The class of twenty twenty six included two former Dodgers, Jeff Ken Andrew Jones, Carlos Beltre and the former met went into the Hall of Fame. It was seventy six degrees in upstate New York. How about that they had sixty Hall of Famers on stage at the grounds there in Cooperstown, a record number of Hall of Famers there, sixty. They had twelve thousand fans estimated in attendance for this induction ceremony. Real quick before we get to the audio from Rick Monday, who was there this weekend nineteen ninety nine, I along with my family went to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York for the induction ceremony that year. And you talk about a class that equals one of the best in recent history.
Speaker 5: The Veterans Committee.
Speaker 2: Four different men including Orlando Cipaida got inducted into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 5: Pretty cool.
Speaker 2: But three Hall of Famers that were inducted that year. In nineteen ninety nine, the year that I went up, went to this Hall of Fame induction ceremony, and by the way, it was like one hundred degrees with one hundred percent humidity and there was like thirty five thousand people there. It was great except for the heat. George Brett, Robin Youngnt and Nolan Ryan. Those three guys, along with Orlando Cepaida and three others on the Veterans Committee inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame back in nineteen ninety nine. Was there, was there for the weekend. It was tremendous. It was so cool to be a part of it. I highly suggest you get to Cooper's Down whether it's induction weekend or not. But if you can get there for Induction weekend, it is really cool to see all the Hall of Famers that are there. And they had a record sixty there this weekend. And while he's not a Hall of Famer, he is an our hearts the great Rick Monday was there this weekend. It's fifty years since Rick saved the American flag from those two animals and left field the Dodger Stadium back in nineteen seventy six. He has kept the American flag, you know the story. You know he still uses it for great causes for our troops. And he now has a display at Cooperstown Josh Rowich Form, where Dodger P. R. Maven now is the President of the Baseball Hall of Fame. In Cooperstown, and they have set up a tremendous display for people to get the background of the flag, to learn about what happened, and to learn about what has been done fundraising with that American flag that Rick Monday still has. So Rick was there along with his wife and his daughter and was able to enjoy the weekend.
Speaker 5: They had a great.
Speaker 2: Ceremony, they had a panel discussion. He was there all weekend long and had a great chance to speak about what this flag means.
Speaker 6: But in the fifty years that have transpired since that Sunday afternoon at Dodger Stadium, not much has changed. The mail that we get is the same respect for this country and the people that supported what that flag represents for each and every one of us, the rights and freedoms and what we do with those rights and freedoms is up to us individually and collectively. But on that Sunday afternoon, it really started a windstorm of thoughts. And most of the letters that we get today are from those who were not even born at that particular time, so it touched people. That flag still has a life and we are honored to share it with the Hall of Fame, and the people come here and how it has been displayed and all of the people, remarkable people at the Hall of Fame and how they have done it with the care that they have presented in that display is phenomenal. My thanks to everyone that has really accepted us as we have tried to go forward and kind of present the flag and what it means.
Speaker 2: All right, there is our own Monday in Cooper's Down this weekend talking about the displayed flag that he saved fifty years ago. And it is a tremendous display and the Cooper's Down Hall of Fame.
Speaker 5: Is so awesome.
Speaker 2: If you're a baseball fan, I cannot suggest you get there at some point in your life. Get the time to get to Upstate New York and don't just go for the Little league or or tournaments that they have there. That's great as well for the young kids that get to go play that huge tournament they have there every summer in Cooperstown. But as a baseball fan, tour that great Hall of Fame in Cooper's Down, check out the city, check everything out about it there in Upstate New York. It is truly a great time and you'll enjoy it and the display of Rick Monday's flag is on there as well temporarily this year, so again the fiftieth anniversary of that. And Rick was there celebrating this weekend along with his family. The three Hall of famers now inducted into the Cooperstown Hall of Fame in Major for Major League Baseball, of course, Carlos Beltran, you have Andrew Jones and Jeff Kent going in next year. We look ahead to next year. Who gets in. Chase Utley was the closest player who didn't get in this year but could get in next year. Is Chase Utley a Hall of Famer? You can make a good case that he is. But one of the new players eligible to go into the Hall of Fame next year is Buster Posey, Giants catcher now general manager. Is he a first time ballot Hall of Famer in twenty twenty seven. It'll be interesting to see if he gets in. John Lester also makes his debut on the postseason or the Hall of Fame vote. Then you get Ryan Zimmerman, Brett Gardner, Kyle Seger, Jay Bruce Sorry not Hall of famers also key return holdovers besides Chase Utley, who had fifty nine percent of the vote last year, Felix Hernandez King Felix.
Speaker 5: Is he a Hall of Famer?
Speaker 2: Andy Pettitt forty eight percent of the vote this last year, ninth years of eligibility going in next year is Hall of Famer.
Speaker 5: It's a down year for Hall.
Speaker 2: Of Fame class outside of Buster Posey and Chase Utley. I don't see anybody else that gets in in twenty twenty seven. And is Buster Posey a first ballot Hall of Famer?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 5: He's got the championships.
Speaker 2: You know, he's got the numbers, but he's he a first ballot Hall of Famer. Is Chase Utley going to finally get over the hump and get to that seventy five percent vote threshold. We'll find out. Twenty twenty one, we didn't have a Hall of Fame class. We did have a ceremony that year. No twenty twenty one class because nobody met the seventy five percent vote threshold. But we did have a ceremony because the twenty twenty class with Derek Jeter and Larry Walker and Ted Simmons, Marvin Miller, that class in twenty twenty because of COVID had their induction ceremony delayed until twenty twenty one, so we did have a ceremony that year, but we had nobody from the class of twenty twenty one that was elected in to the Hall of Fame. So we could be in that situation next year in twenty twenty seven, nobody gets elected into the Hall of Fame, or as I said, two most likely guys that could could get to the number is Buster Posey and Chase Utley. Real quick, before we say goodbye, don't forget an off night for the Dodgers tomorrow. But that doesn't mean there's nothing happening at Dodger Stadium. The Los Angeles Sports and Entertainment Commission has Dodgers All Access that.
Speaker 5: They are bringing you.
Speaker 2: Tickets are available at laseec dot net. You can find out more about this great event. They've been doing it for over a decade. There's a dinner on the infield panel discussions or Herscheiser will be out there leading a discussion.
Speaker 5: Dave Roberts is going to be out there.
Speaker 2: John Hartung, our buddy from Sports in LA, will be leading a panel discussion. You have photo opportunities with the World Series trophies. We'll have former players, current players, Dodger legends out there for photo opportunities, batting practice in the batting cages, you can pitch in the bullpen, as well, a silent auction from Dodgers Memoribilia.
Speaker 5: It's a great time.
Speaker 2: It's called Dodgers All Access twenty twenty six and there are limited tickets available right now at la SEC dot net. Again, la SEC dot net that stands for the Los Angeles Sports and Entertainment Commission. All right, that's gonna do it for Dodger Talk on this Sunday. We covered a lot and we'll be back at it on Monday night with the off night version of Dodger Talk, where we're really going to dive deeper into the Major League Baseball trade deadline and get your thoughts and propose trades on what the Dodgers should or shouldn't do at the deadline. Thanks to Colin, you, thanks to all you Dodger fans for being a part of the show on this hot, muggy Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 5: How come it feels like upstate New.
Speaker 2: York here in Southern California, hot and human, but yet in Cooper's down today for the induction ceremony for the Major League Baseball Hall of Fame. It was seventy six degrees and beautiful. The weather completely flipped and I don't like it.
Speaker 5: Better flip it back.
Speaker 2: Get some cooler weather here in southern California as the Boys in Blue return home day off tomorrow. Back at it on Tuesday against the Maritors for the first of three, starting a six game.
Speaker 5: Homestand of course, first pitch at seven to ten.
Speaker 2: Again, thanks to all you for being a part of the show, listening, podcasting.
Speaker 5: We're back at it on Monday night. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday afternoon. So everybody starting